PDA

View Full Version : Dirk Nowitzki greatest European player in history?

1987_Lakers
04-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Has led his team to the NBA Finals. Only European player to win NBA MVP.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Xjj59AU4AJA/RkrnssgaQII/AAAAAAAAAB8/LSEVdJr5dow/s320/MVP

Greatest European player in history?

Other notable Euro players:
1. Tony Parker
2. Peja Stojakovic
3. Dražen Petrović
4. Toni Kukoc
5. Detlef Schrempf
6. Vlade Divac
7. Pau Gasol
8. Andrei Kirilenko

plowking
04-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Drazen Petrovic was better then Dirk.

Silverbullit
04-10-2009, 09:25 PM

No, he was not.

rezznor
04-10-2009, 09:31 PM
cant say that until youve seen a prime sabonis

AznTacoLover
04-10-2009, 09:32 PM

sucks he couldn't play in his prime in the NBA

Hammertime
04-10-2009, 09:32 PM
No, he was not.

I can think of about 10 things important to a team that Drazen did better than Dirk.

As a matter of fact, Dirk might just have been the most one-dimensional MVP ever. But don't take it from me, just ask any Warriors fan.

1987_Lakers
04-10-2009, 09:34 PM

Good point. It's a shame we didn't get to see a prime Sabonis in the NBA.

hawkfan
04-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Yes. Dirk is the greatest. Second is Tony Parker. Third is Vlade.

Maniak
04-10-2009, 09:36 PM
His teeth look really paintjobbed/photoshopped/gimped in that pic...

Silverbullit
04-10-2009, 09:39 PM
I can think of about 10 things important to a team that Drazen did better than Dirk.

As a matter of fact, Dirk might just have been the most one-dimensional MVP ever. But don't take it from me, just ask any Warriors fan.

Would be nice to write something about your '10 thing'.
I would like to discuss them with you.

miller-time
04-10-2009, 09:42 PM
http://www.bananta.com/Gheorghe/Muresan.jpg

thats right.

bruceblitz
04-10-2009, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE=1987_Lakers]Has led his team to the NBA Finals. Only European player to win NBA MVP.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Xjj59AU4AJA/RkrnssgaQII/AAAAAAAAAB8/LSEVdJr5dow/s320/MVP

Greatest European player in history?

Other notable Euro players:
1. Tony Parker
2. Peja Stojakovic
3. Dra

Silverbullit
04-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Even if you think Dirk is the best Euro player of all time, that's not saying much.

Because Euros can't play basketball? :hammerhead:

Biddy77
04-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Even if you think Dirk is the best Euro player of all time, that's not saying much.

not saying much? are you serious?

the implication that he might be better than tony parker is saying a lot all by itself!

btw, big drazen fan, but... no. he was not better than dirk.

Showtime
04-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Dirk can only do one thing at an elite level: shoot. He really doesn't help his team outside of shooting the basketball, which is why he has a tendency to disappear in a game when he's not scoring the ball. If I was starting a team, I wouldn't want Dirk as the first option player, and I really wouldn't want him if I didn't have a legit center because he's not a real PF.

Psileas
04-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Yes, career-wise (and putting NBA career over international career), Nowitzki has to be at #1. Even talent-wise, I'd only put Sabonis in the same category, and we know that Sabonis didn't play up to his full potential.

Godfather
04-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Hell yes.

The greatest by a wide margin. Tony has nothing on Dirk...

He is one of the greatest shooters, competitors, and overall warriors to ever grace the game.

And @ Showtime...If Dirk had a strong low post center at any point in his career I guarantee he would have had a very good chance to win a championship or two.

jason816
04-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Mengke Bateer

for your information, Bateer is Chinese(Inner-Mongolian)

Hammertime
04-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Would be nice to write something about your '10 thing'.
I would like to discuss them with you.

In no particular order:

Passing
Ball handling
Court Vision
Basketball IQ
1-on-1 defense
Tenacity
Work ethic
Three-point shooting
Ambidexterity
Ability to perform under pressure

ScolaFan
04-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Tony Parker, first european player to win FINALS MVP > Regular season MVP!!

:pimp:

Godfather
04-10-2009, 10:39 PM
In no particular order:

Passing
Ball handling
Court Vision
Basketball IQ
1-on-1 defense
Tenacity
Work ethic
Three-point shooting
Ambidexterity

Dirk is a power forward. Why are you comparing aspects of guards?

Also the bolded is what Dirk has the edge in...

How on earth can you say he was better under pressure than Dirk when he had only one good playoff run?

Hammertime
04-10-2009, 10:43 PM
In no particular order:

Passing
Ball handling
Court Vision
Basketball IQ
1-on-1 defense
Tenacity
Work ethic
Three-point shooting
Ambidexterity

Dirk is a power forward. Why are you comparing aspects of guards?

Also the bolded is what Dirk has the edge in...

How on earth can you say he was better under pressure than Dirk when he had only one good playoff run?

Newsflash, there is basketball outside the NBA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lqi4rd6y38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPkXkZZsPGw

Godfather
04-10-2009, 10:45 PM
[quote=Godfather]

Newsflash, there is basketball outside the NBA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lqi4rd6y38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPkXkZZsPGw

Newsflash, Drazen was in his prime in the NBA...

Hammertime
04-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Newsflash, Drazen was in his prime in the NBA...

Drazen died at 28, whereas Dirk got his MVP trophy at 29. Drazen died as he was hitting his prime.

Either way, can you point out what else Dirk does well except shoot? Cause we're all waiting for it. While you're at it, could you explain to me how it's anything but downright pathetic that a 7-footer is playing 36 MPG and averaging barely over a block for the career?

Silverbullit
04-10-2009, 11:00 PM
In no particular order:

Passing
Ball handling
Court Vision
Basketball IQ
1-on-1 defense
Tenacity
Work ethic
Three-point shooting
Ambidexterity

That's your list? Funny, really funny.

Work ethic? Do you anything know about Dirk's work ethic?

Godfather
04-10-2009, 11:02 PM
Drazen died at 28, whereas Dirk got his MVP trophy at 29. Drazen died as he was hitting his prime.

Either way, can you point out what else Dirk does well except shoot? Cause we're all waiting for it. While you're at it, could you explain to me how it's anything but downright pathetic that a 7-footer is playing 36 MPG and averaging barely over a block for the career?

Amar'e gets more blocks than Dirk, but would you say he is the better defender?

Defense isn't soley about blocking shots, it is a wonder that you do not understand that.

Shooting the basketball scores points...I am amazed that you don't understand that.

Silverbullit
04-10-2009, 11:03 PM

Can you tell me why Petrovic was a starter only in two of his four NBA years? No all star appearances?

A block a game isn't bad.

Hammertime
04-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Can you tell me why Petrovic was a starter only in two of his 5 NBA years? No all star appearances?

Drazen played 4 years in the NBA, not 5. He did not start in Portland because they had Clyde.

Again, there is basketball outside of the NBA. The title of the thread isn't "Dirk Nowitzki, the greatest NBA career by a European player?"

Hammertime
04-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Shooting the basketball scores points...I am amazed that you don't understand that.

By that logic, Marbury was a better player than John Stockton.

Godfather
Can you tell me why Petrovic was a starter only in two of his four NBA years? No all star appearances?

And how can he talk about blocks when Carlos Boozer gets .2 a game and Okur can't even get one at 7 foot.

^^^

Hell no. Dirk isn't a point guard smart one. He is supposed to rebound and score points. He rebounds well and is one of the top scorers in the nation.

big baller
Yes. Dirk is the greatest. Second is Tony Parker. Third is Vlade.

Your full of **** buddy, Divac hardly belongs to be on the tops ten, overrated piece of crap...what the hell did he do in his career that was so great? Assist Robert Horry in that big three, hmm?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp19op8uK1E

His best year was 16/10 Why the hell should he be third????

Petrovic, the Croatian monster, is best Euro NBA player, best Euro player ever not to play in NBA? Mirza Delibasic

Hammertime
04-10-2009, 11:11 PM
And how can he talk about blocks when Carlos Boozer gets .2 a game and Okur can't even get one at 7 foot.

Nice. Ad hominem attacks. That's how you win arguments in grammar school.

Silverbullit
04-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Drazen played 4 years in the NBA, not 5. He did not start in Portland because they had Clyde.

Again, there is basketball outside of the NBA. The title of the thread isn't "Dirk Nowitzki, the greatest NBA career by a European player?"

Dirk didn't play in international competitions?

Godfather
04-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Nice. Ad hominem attacks. That's how you win arguments in grammar school.

Irony is not lost...

Locked_Up_Tonight
04-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Dirk is easily the greatest European to ever play the game. Sabonis should have been had he stayed healthy.

It is amazing how little respect Dirk gets on this board. When Dirk retires, he will be one of the 50 greatest players to ever play the game. And there are people telling me that he isn't as good as Drazen?

JJ81
04-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Because Euros can't play basketball? :hammerhead:

because there havnt been many great European players in this league (Dirk's the only Euro mvp in the nba)

malek4980
04-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Drazen Petrovic?

Drazen had better international success, but we all know that the former Yugoslavia was a European powerhouse, while Germany is nothing without Dirk. They have both, nevertheless, won World Championship and Euro Championship MVP awards.

Petrovic's career PER in the NBA was 16, whereas Dirk's is around 24, one of the highest of all time. Drazen made one All NBA team, the third team, whereas Dirk has made eight, probably nine after this season.

Is this another case of

White Chocolate
04-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Petro > Dirk
Sabonis > Dirk

Showtime
04-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Your full of **** buddy, Divac hardly belongs to be on the tops ten, overrated piece of crap...what the hell did he do in his career that was so great? Assist Robert Horry in that big three, hmm?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp19op8uK1E

His best year was 16/10 Why the hell should he be third????
Are you braindead? I'm so sick of these boxscore fans, it's sickening. Divac is one of the best passing bigs of all time. He was a key piece in the Lakers making the finals in '91. When he went to the Hornets, he helped them to a couple 50 win seasons. When he came to the Kings, the team was a 27 win squad the year before he came, and he helped them to the playoffs his first year in the lockout season. That started a playoff run that lasted the rest of his 6 seasons with the Kings. And while you may not see much value in his production, what he brought went beyond stats. He was the ultimate glue guy, locker room leader, team first player, always positive, etc. There's a reason why his teammates speak so highly of him, and there's a reason why his jersey is retired.

I'm not saying he's had a superior career compared to Dirk, but he certainly has done enough not to get the "done nothing but pass to Horry" comments. Jesus...

Oh, and not to mention he helped open the international doors for Dirk because he was one of the success stories with guys like Sarunas Marciulionis, Detlef Schrempf, etc.

Scott Pippen
04-11-2009, 12:49 AM
If this is strictly international play, we may also consider Galis and even Kukoc among the best. Also Kukoc did have a solid career in the NBA.

iDunk
04-11-2009, 01:24 AM
This.

Legend D
04-11-2009, 01:47 AM
DON finds it hilarious some think Petrovic was better than Nowitzki. Nowitzki has become very underrated on these forums.

1987_Lakers
04-11-2009, 01:49 AM
DON finds it hilarious some think Petrovic was better than Nowitzki. Nowitzki has become very underrated on these forums.

I don't understand it either. Petrovic was good, an All-Star player, but Dirk is Superstar status.

Lakas Fan Yo
04-11-2009, 01:53 AM
Best European players ever are Galis and Petrovic, NOT Dirk.

White Chocolate
04-11-2009, 01:56 AM
I don't understand it either. Petrovic was good, an All-Star player, but Dirk is Superstar status.

If anyone is underrated, it is mid-20s Arvydas Sabonis. 7'3", great passer(perhaps even better than some PG's), good outside shooter, great footwork, and excellent post game.

Edit- I meant to quote DON

Legend D
04-11-2009, 01:57 AM
Right now it is just because Dirk plays today. If Nowitzki played in the 90s and Petrovic today, no one would dare compare Petrovic to Nowitzki. Most people are slow.

Legend D
04-11-2009, 01:58 AM
If anyone is underrated, it is mid-20s Arvydas Sabonis. 7'3", great passer(perhaps even better than some PG's), good outside shooter, great footwork, and excellent post game.
Right, Sabonis is the only other European player that should be in this discussion.

Lakas Fan Yo
04-11-2009, 02:03 AM
Right, Sabonis is the only other European player that should be in this discussion.

WRONG.

Both Galis and Petrovic were better than Dirk and Sabonis. This thread isn't titled "Dirk Nowitzki greatest European NBA player in history?", this thread is titled "Dirk Nowitzki greatest European player in history?"

He is NOT the greatest European player in history and neither is Sabonis.

la bomba
04-11-2009, 05:12 AM
WRONG.

Both Galis and Petrovic were better than Dirk and Sabonis. This thread isn't titled "Dirk Nowitzki greatest European NBA player in history?", this thread is titled "Dirk Nowitzki greatest European player in history?"

He is NOT the greatest European player in history and neither is Sabonis.
Drazen Petrovic by a country mile. people who think Dirk is better never saw Petrovic play in europe,they are only judging what he did in the NBA,which is not fair on him as Portland wasted him on the bench and when he started to play his usual game at the nets he had that tragic accident.
Honestly Dirk is a great player but nowhere near as good as Petrovic was.
Sabonis a true legend too. Gallis,great player but slightly behind the others mentioned.

Silverbullit
04-11-2009, 06:23 AM
As mentioned only Dirk and Sabonis are in the same league.

Galis and Petrovic aren't top tier.

b.jerk
04-11-2009, 06:47 AM
Drazen Petrovic by a country mile. people who think Dirk is better never saw Petrovic play in europe,they are only judging what he did in the NBA,which is not fair on him as Portland wasted him on the bench and when he started to play his usual game at the nets he had that tragic accident.
Sabonis a true legend too. Gallis,great player but slightly behind the others mentioned.

Adelman used Petrovic to get a full-ass effort out of Terry Porter and Clyde Drexler. Petrovic was used but not in a way he liked. I would even say if Petrovic plays in today's euroleague he wouldn't nearly be as good.

malek4980
04-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Apples to apples: same age, similar minutes, and similar competition

Dirk at 27: 26.6 PPG, 9.0 RPG, 2.8 APG, 1.0 BPG, 28.1 PER
Dirk at 28: 24.6 PPG, 9.0 RPG, 3.4 APG, 0.8 BPG, 27.6 PER

Petro at 27: 20.6 PPG, 3.1 RPG, 3.1 APG, 0.1 BPG, 15.8 PER
Petro at 28: 22.3 PPG, 2.7 RPG, 3.5 APG, 0.2 BPG, 17.3 PER

bububububu you didn't watch Petrovic outside the NBA.
Well, have people watched Dirk outside of the NBA?

Dirk's international career hasn't been bad:
2001 Euros: 28.7 points and 9.1 rebounds (led both categories)
2002 World Championships: MVP
2005 FIBA European Championships: MVP, leading in scoring and blocks; second in rebounds

Lakas Fan Yo
04-11-2009, 01:58 PM

No, Galis was better than Sabonis and Dirk. You must not have seen him play to think otherwise. He single handed beat Soviet Union twice during their peak. He was clearly outplaying Petrovic back in that day as well but Petrovic wasn't in his prime and Galis was.

Even players like Bob McAdoo and Belov said he was the best. McAdoo put him better than Bird or Magic even. And even Drazen's own brother and Drazen himself said Galis was better than Drazen.

Lakas Fan Yo
04-11-2009, 01:58 PM
As mentioned only Dirk and Sabonis are in the same league.

Galis and Petrovic aren't top tier.

:roll: :lol :oldlol:

Lakas Fan Yo
04-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Adelman used Petrovic to get a full-ass effort out of Terry Porter and Clyde Drexler. Petrovic was used but not in a way he liked. I would even say if Petrovic plays in today's euroleague he wouldn't nearly be as good.

Of course not. Because the league is much better. But Dirk would never put those kind of NBA stats in the Euroleague either.

Lakas Fan Yo
04-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Apples to apples: same age, similar minutes, and similar competition

Dirk at 27: 26.6 PPG, 9.0 RPG, 2.8 APG, 1.0 BPG, 28.1 PER
Dirk at 28: 24.6 PPG, 9.0 RPG, 3.4 APG, 0.8 BPG, 27.6 PER

Petro at 27: 20.6 PPG, 3.1 RPG, 3.1 APG, 0.1 BPG, 15.8 PER
Petro at 28: 22.3 PPG, 2.7 RPG, 3.5 APG, 0.2 BPG, 17.3 PER

bububububu you didn't watch Petrovic outside the NBA.
Well, have people watched Dirk outside of the NBA?

Dirk's international career hasn't been bad:
2001 Euros: 28.7 points and 9.1 rebounds (led both categories)
2002 World Championships: MVP
2005 FIBA European Championships: MVP, leading in scoring and blocks; second in rebounds

Those MVPs are not legit IMO. Those were given to him because of his hype from the NBA. He should not have gotten either MVP. Dirk is a great player of course. He's the best European in the NBA, but that's different than best European player. That's a whole different situation.

malek4980
04-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Those MVPs are not legit IMO. Those were given to him because of his hype from the NBA.

So leading the tournaments in scoring while leading a bad team to medals had nothing to do with it?!

It was the hype

Lakas Fan Yo
04-11-2009, 07:20 PM
So leading the tournaments in scoring while leading a bad team to medals had nothing to do with it?!

It was the hype

Yes it was without question. Those MVPs were not legit IMO. In fact others have had better tournaments with just as bad players around them and had teams do as well or better and never even sniffed an MVP.

la bomba
04-12-2009, 03:42 PM
I did see Gallis play and he was amazing! I also saw petrovic in his prime at real madrid and I prefer petrovic,though Gallis could score inside like no other small player i have ever seen, I remember a game against barca , he was magnificent dont get me wrong but I put Petrovic and Sabonis just above.Some people think that its all about the NBA and only assess their performances in the NBA or in Gallis' case he is not even a contender and they dont even know about him just because he didn't play there.

Lakas Fan Yo
04-12-2009, 04:38 PM
I did see Gallis play and he was amazing! I also saw petrovic in his prime at real madrid and I prefer petrovic,though Gallis could score inside like no other small player i have ever seen, I remember a game against barca , he was magnificent dont get me wrong but I put Petrovic and Sabonis just above.Some people think that its all about the NBA and only assess their performances in the NBA or in Gallis' case he is not even a contender and they dont even know about him just because he didn't play there.

Well I just know that Gallis was better than Sabonis in 87 and 89 you cannot deny that.

la bomba
04-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Well I just know that Gallis was better than Sabonis in 87 and 89 you cannot deny that.
they are totally different one is a small guard the other a great centre. They were both great.In those events Gallis was better but also more experienced as he was older. Gallis did a lot for european basketball in those years,we owe him a lot no doubt.But there are other great players who perhaps weren't as good but still made the 80s a great time for european basketball. here is a list of players i liked from that time,as I say perhaps not the best but very good players themselves.
Epi
Tarakanov
Kurtinaitis
Khomicius
Sibilio
Corbalan
Martin
Solozabal
Jimenez
Iannakis
Fasoulas
Berkowitz
Gentile
Riva
Magnifico
Villacampa
Paspalj
Kukoc
Radja
perasovic
Meneghin
prelevic
Plus loads more of course.
Unfortunately I say this all the time,for a lot of people in here these guys mean nothing because they didnt play in the NBA.

KeylessEntry
04-13-2009, 06:29 PM
He isnt the greatest Euro of all time, but he is my favorite

http://www.geocities.com/tzovas/gallery/sabonis_fouls_shaq.jpg

la bomba
04-14-2009, 10:43 AM
He isnt the greatest Euro of all time, but he is my favorite

http://www.geocities.com/tzovas/gallery/sabonis_fouls_shaq.jpg
If sabas wasnt the best he was very close!! his passing his long range shooting etc,for a guy 2.20m!! Him and petrovic both played for the team i most hate,no not portland,real madrid,but I have to say they both were two of the greatest,not in europe but in the world full stop.

dreja
04-15-2009, 09:14 PM
they are totally different one is a small guard the other a great centre. They were both great.In those events Gallis was better but also more experienced as he was older. Gallis did a lot for european basketball in those years,we owe him a lot no doubt.But there are other great players who perhaps weren't as good but still made the 80s a great time for european basketball. here is a list of players i liked from that time,as I say perhaps not the best but very good players themselves.
Epi
Tarakanov
Kurtinaitis
Khomicius
Sibilio
Corbalan
Martin
Solozabal
Jimenez
Iannakis
Fasoulas
Berkowitz
Gentile
Riva
Magnifico
Villacampa
Paspalj
Kukoc
Radja
perasovic
Meneghin
prelevic
Plus loads more of course.
Unfortunately I say this all the time,for a lot of people in here these guys mean nothing because they didnt play in the NBA.

VOlkov
Slavnik
Myshkin
Dacoury
Brabenek
Valters

Cosic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEWFNhu3DkU

GSW1984
04-16-2009, 03:30 PM
It is very unfair to put Dirk as the Best European Player in NBA History. Drazen Petrovic was a better player to me he died before he really got the chance to make more all NBA teams he came in the league as a 25 year old after dominating Europe. If Petrovic's life wouldn't have ended so early He would have made more all NBA Teams and would have been At least in the same sentence as players like Drexler, Richmond, Marjerle and the other All Star Shooting Guards of that Era. Dirk on the other hand still not better than Petrovic or even Sabonis Dirk has had sucess but he is doing it in an Era where the accessibility to the NBA is better for Euros he is top 3 of alltime and Top of this Decade with Pau Gasol right behind him.

Lakas Fan Yo
04-16-2009, 05:53 PM
It amazes me how this thread is full of Americans and none of them even seem to know Galis who was an AMERICAN. It's sad. This guy was unbelievable and they don't even know who he is it seems.

la bomba
04-17-2009, 01:25 PM
It amazes me how this thread is full of Americans and none of them even seem to know Galis who was an AMERICAN. It's sad. This guy was unbelievable and they don't even know who he is it seems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94X7oyzlfeY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjKjvNVidNw
a couple of youtube videos to enjoy

Taras Bulba
04-17-2009, 02:23 PM
No, Galis was better than Sabonis and Dirk. You must not have seen him play to think otherwise. He single handed beat Soviet Union twice during their peak. He was clearly outplaying Petrovic back in that day as well but Petrovic wasn't in his prime and Galis was.

Even players like Bob McAdoo and Belov said he was the best. McAdoo put him better than Bird or Magic even. And even Drazen's own brother and Drazen himself said Galis was better than Drazen.
Could you provide us with a link to these statements by Belov, McAdoo, Drazen and his brother?

Or will you just ignore this post as you always do when called to present a source for your imaginary 'news', 'statements' and 'facts' in all the threads you post?

As for comparing Galis to Sabonis and Petrovic, just LOL :hammerhead:

Sabonis and Petrovic were the best. Nowitzki has not won a single title in his career so he is one step below them. Then a step below them comes Galis and a handful more players.

Psych0
04-17-2009, 03:27 PM
The problem with you Americans is that you think that NBA is the only league in the world. And the only one worth mentioning...

Dirk is probably amongst top 5 European players overall, but definitely not the best!

Petrović, Sabonis, Ćosić and probably Kukoč were all better than him.

I belive you all know about Petrović, Sabonis and Kukoč, but you don`t know how well thay played in Europe and in international games.

And Ćosić is a special story. He could have been one of the first European to play in the NBA (or maybe the first), but he rejected the offer from Lakers and returned to Zadar! He totally revolutionized European basketball, especially when talking about big mans.

Lakas Fan Yo
04-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Could you provide us with a link to these statements by Belov, McAdoo, Drazen and his brother?

Or will you just ignore this post as you always do when called to present a source for your imaginary 'news', 'statements' and 'facts' in all the threads you post?

As for comparing Galis to Sabonis and Petrovic, just LOL :hammerhead:

Sabonis and Petrovic were the best. Nowitzki has not won a single title in his career so he is one step below them. Then a step below them comes Galis and a handful more players.

I don't respond to insults and people that lack basic manners.

Taras Bulba
04-18-2009, 01:49 PM
I don't respond to insults and people that lack basic manners.
Sure you don't. This way you don't have to actually prove what you are saying. As always.

Wasn't I in your ignore list by the way? How did you read my message and respond? :hammerhead: Totally busted.

Lakas Fan Yo
04-19-2009, 01:39 AM
Sure you don't. This way you don't have to actually prove what you are saying. As always.

Wasn't I in your ignore list by the way? How did you read my message and respond? :hammerhead: Totally busted.

People quote you, therefore ignore didn't work. So I took you off. And of course as soon as I did you were insulting me. Very mature.

Eriatarka
04-20-2009, 04:04 AM
Dirk > Machine

bitchez kno its true, why dont u?

Jack
04-20-2009, 11:02 AM
Dirk is not the BEST European player in the history of game. Europe had more players that were bigger beasts than himself. There were many players that got game on a bigger level.

Dirk will be always one dimensional player, who has a nice jumpshot. He does not have winning mentality and killer instinct that would make him the greatest.

You gotta know that players from the past also knew how to play the game ( I would say even better than nowadays "players").

Just my 2 cents.

la bomba
04-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Dirk is not the BEST European player in the history of game. Europe had more players that were bigger beasts than himself. There were many players that got game on a bigger level.

Dirk will be always one dimensional player, who has a nice jumpshot. He does not have winning mentality and killer instinct that would make him the greatest.

You gotta know that players from the past also knew how to play the game ( I would say even better than nowadays "players").

Just my 2 cents.
totally agree. as good as dirk is, and i am a big fan,he is nowhere near being the best european player ever.