PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin Won't Be The #1 Pick In The 2009 NBA Draft

Interminator
04-14-2009, 05:27 PM
http://www.thescoutreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/john-wall2.jpg

According to Chad Ford & other various news sources, John Wall the top recruit in the country is looking into entering the 2009 NBA Draft because he is a 5th year senior and turns 19 in the calendar year.

David Stern obviously didn't think this one out fully when the new CBA was put in place, great idea of he does enter.

Wall is without any doubt or question the #1 pick in the 2009 NBA Draft

twolvesfan
04-14-2009, 05:28 PM
they have to be one year removed from high school

KobeRules24

Nahh Blake Griffin WILL be the first pick

Huey Freeman
OWNED.

Aidan
04-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Um, yes he will be.

YAH trick YAH
04-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Wall has a sick highlight tape
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

BigTicket
04-14-2009, 05:31 PM
Blake Griffin would be picked over John Wall, even if he could enter the draft which he can not.

Younggrease
04-14-2009, 05:31 PM
OWNED.

he can still bring it to court if he wants to and imo he would have a decent case. and he might be the right kid to do it.

Interminator
04-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Not exactly.

Mike, FL: Is John Wall the No. 1 pick in 2010 Draft. He was awesome at the Hoop Summit game.

Chad Ford: He was awesome and he'll compete with Ed Davis and a few other freshmen for that. However, there is some buzz that Wall believes he might be eligible for THIS year's draft. I've been doing some digging and will be filing a story later today. The short rub is this: Wall is a 5th year senior and depending on how you read the collective bargaining agreement, 5th year seniors are eligible for the draft as long as the turn 19 in the calander year (Wall does). The league is taking a wait and see approach. If he declares, they'll research and make a ruling. If he does declare and is ruled eligible (two big ifs) he's a Top 5 pick in this draft. Maybe Top 3."

Of course he actually has a case when challenging the NBA.

NOHCP3
04-14-2009, 05:34 PM
(b) A player shall be eligible for selection in the first NBA Draft with respect to which he has satisfied all applicable requirements of Section 1(b)(i) below and one of the requirements of Section 1(b)(ii) below:

(i) The player (A) is or will be at least 19 years of age during the calendar year in which the Draft is held, and (B) with respect to a player who is not an international player (defined below), at least one (1) NBA Season has elapsed since the player’s graduation from high school (or, if the player did not graduate from high school, since the graduation of the class with which the player would have graduated had he graduated from high school); and

If the rule says that he has to be at least one year after graduation why would he have a case.

Edit: Didnt know about the mother being sick. Small chance they make an exception. But the fact hes 19 may not change anything really.

Interminator
04-14-2009, 05:35 PM
he can still bring it to court if he wants to and imo he would have a decent case. and he might be the right kid to do it.
+1.

Reportedly his mother is also in poor health, and this would save him the trouble of waiting a full year before being able to take care of his family financially.

Tracy McGrady,for those who don't know, was a 5th year HS senior when he entered the NBA Draft although it seemed he was going to decide between Kentucky & Florida State.

unbreakable
04-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Wall is sick but damn.. I could only imagine how well I'd do if I was a 19 yr old going against all these small ass highschoolers...

I graduated at 17 yrs old and was still a puny lil kid. At 19 youre damn near a grown man. 5th yearsenior shmith year senior.

twolvesfan
04-14-2009, 05:37 PM
+1.

Reportedly his mother is also in poor health, and this would save him the trouble of waiting a full year before being able to take care of his family financially.

Tracy McGrady,for those who don't know, was a 5th year HS senior when he entered the NBA Draft although it seemed he was going to decide between Kentucky & Florida State.
there wasnt any rules against HS ballers entering back then

Mississippi
04-14-2009, 05:39 PM
What do you mean by 5th year senior? Did he flunk?

Interminator
04-14-2009, 05:39 PM
If the rule says that he has to be at least one year after graduation why would he have a case.
I think its because he is doing an uneccesary 5th year,and he turns 19 in the calendar year.

That forbid him from playing in the McDonalds All American Game.

vert48
04-14-2009, 05:41 PM

Edit: Didnt know about the mother being sick. Small chance they make an exception. But the fact hes 19 may not change anything really.It can be spun that his normal high school class graduated the year before, making him eligible.

Interminator
04-14-2009, 05:43 PM
there wasnt any rules against HS ballers entering back then
It was a random fact that I just posted.

Both went to Christian Academies that allow a 5th year of HS for whatever reason.

BingBongBrother
04-14-2009, 05:43 PM
Wow he looks awesome in those highlights. His game looks a lot like Jamal Crawford.

pp38
04-14-2009, 05:45 PM
[QUOTE=NOHCP3] (b) A player shall be eligible for selection in the first NBA Draft with respect to which he has satisfied all applicable requirements of Section 1(b)(i) below and one of the requirements of Section 1(b)(ii) below:

(i) The player (A) is or will be at least 19 years of age during the calendar year in which the Draft is held, and (B) with respect to a player who is not an international player (defined below), at least one (1) NBA Season has elapsed since the player

NOHCP3
I think its because he is doing an uneccesary 5th year,and he turns 19 in the calendar year.

That forbid him from playing in the McDonalds All American Game.

It can be spun that his normal high school class graduated the year before, making him eligible.

Ahh i see. Makes sense. But I still think the chances that the NBA making an exception are slim. The fact that is was his choice to do this 5th year may hurt his chances. Since last year was his "real senior" year did he play in the high school ASG'S?

Mr_Basketball#1
Even if he enters, he won't be drafted over B.G. Do you have to make a dumb thread every year around this time?

Interminator
04-14-2009, 05:46 PM
How he looks awesome in those highlights. His game looks a lot like Jamal Crawford.
He looks kinda like him also except Wall has more of a PG mentality.

The one thing about this case is that Wall won't set a floodgate of HS players doing this simply because you would have to go to a Christian Academy after having failed previously.

vert48
04-14-2009, 05:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOwAll they showed was him traveling, dunking and being an arrogant punk. He should fit right in.

Interminator
04-14-2009, 05:47 PM
I think the bold is where the ambiguity is arising. Wall didn't graduate, and would have/should have graduated in 08
Wall would have graduated last year if he were at a normal public/private HS.

Take Stern to court John.

ruslan
04-14-2009, 05:48 PM
I hope they let him.

vert48
04-14-2009, 05:49 PM
It was a random fact that I just posted.

Both went to Christian Academies that allow a 5th year of HS for whatever reason.Jamaal Crawford did the same thing before he went to Michigan.

Interminator
04-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Even if he enters, he won't be drafted over B.G. Do you have to make a dumb thread every year around this time?
Eat ****.

Didn't you learn from the 2008 NBA Draft you dip**** that 9/10 times a NBA GM will draft an elite PG prospect over an elite PF prospect.

Blake Griffin=6'8 PF w/great athleticism, and developing range.
John Wall=6'3 PG w/great athleticism,blazing speed,& great court vision.

Mdog1
04-14-2009, 05:51 PM
Well technically if he is a grade 13 then he is one year removed from graduating highschool no? Because then IMO he should be able to enter.

Interminator
04-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Jamaal Crawford did the same thing before he went to Michigan.
I might be wrong but didn't he enter the 1999 NBA Draft only to pull out at the last minute?

niko
04-14-2009, 06:00 PM

the HE WILL BE THE #1 PICK is your opinion, not the overwhelming opinion. he might not even be higher than Rubio. He'd be top 3 i think though definitely. But not over griffin, no chance in hell.

vert48
04-14-2009, 06:01 PM
I might be wrong but didn't he enter the 1999 NBA Draft only to pull out at the last minute?Crawford 'tried' to enter the draft, but sent in his letter too late, so the NBA did not accept it. He ended up serving an 8 game suspension for it (following an initial 6 game suspension for accepting room and board while in high school). So, he was suspended for 14 games during his only year at Michigan.

niko
04-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Eat ****.

Didn't you learn from the 2008 NBA Draft you dip**** that 9/10 times a NBA GM will draft an elite PG prospect over an elite PF prospect.

whats with the EAT ****? you are WRONG. don't compound it by being a dick.

Rekindled
04-14-2009, 06:02 PM
I would easily take John Wall over Blake Griffin. John Wall is a once in a decade talent, a better passing derrick rose.

HeyIt'sMe
04-14-2009, 06:02 PM
How's Keith Brumbaugh working out?

KeylessEntry
04-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Of course it wont be Blake Griffin because Keith Brumbaugh is going to be the #1 pick

Interminator
04-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Of course it wont be Blake Griffin because Keith Brumbaugh is going to be the #1 pick
Too bad he isn't eligible this year.

I already have a player in mind who will be a NBA superstar and I have been on his bandwagon for awhile, but you clowns will have to wait to find out.

Interminator
04-14-2009, 06:09 PM
whats with the EAT ****? you are WRONG. don't compound it by being a dick.
How am I wrong?

An elite PG prospect almost always goes above an elite PF prospect.

Most people don't know of John Wall and his talent because he hasn't played college basketball yet and gained the nationwide attention, but off of talent & potential alone he is on par with Derrick Rose.

Wall projects as a better scorer than Rose, because he actually gets hot from the perimeter and can become unstoppable, while Rose has yet to develop a consistent outside shot.

loot
04-14-2009, 06:10 PM
good to see the op still belongs on my ignore list

Interminator
04-14-2009, 06:11 PM
the HE WILL BE THE #1 PICK is your opinion, not the overwhelming opinion. he might not even be higher than Rubio. He'd be top 3 i think though definitely. But not over griffin, no chance in hell.
If Wall enters along with Rubio & Young Money.

That would be the best crop of PG prospects in NBA History in a Draft.

iDunk
04-14-2009, 06:12 PM
This kid is simply amazing.

I saw a couple games before and his game is just like Wade's. He moves like Wade, he blocks like Wade, he even shoots like Wade. He should go to college for a year though, he still needs to learn a bit but he will have a really bright NBA future.

FindingTim
04-14-2009, 06:18 PM

oh my god. he is unreal. i cant believe i hadn't heard of him. He is like a more athletic Dwayne Wade... with great passing ability (so it looks)

i am rarely impressed by high school highlight reels, but I am sold on John Wall (although highlight reels don't tell the whole story, or Stromile Swift would actually be good)

He is a beast though, that much is obvious. Super athletic, good with both hands, quick, great leaper, good passer. sorry Blake Griffin, this is the guy.

WhySoInsecure?
04-14-2009, 06:18 PM
If Wall enters along with Rubio & Young Money.

That would be the best crop of PG prospects in NBA History in a Draft.
1. He won't, you're just going crazy because you just now found aout that he's a 5th year senior.

2. Give me Deron/Paul over anything in this draft.

Masterz313
04-14-2009, 06:20 PM
How am I wrong?

An elite PG prospect almost always goes above an elite PF prospect.

Most people don't know of John Wall and his talent because he hasn't played college basketball yet and gained the nationwide attention, but off of talent & potential alone he is on par with Derrick Rose.

Wall projects as a better scorer than Rose, because he actually gets hot from the perimeter and can become unstoppable, while Rose has yet to develop a consistent outside shot.

this is a really stupid statment. lets hear these examples where elite pgs get drafted high. if anything, teams skew to drafting big over smalls. you are so wrong here.bogut and marvin were drafted over paul and williams when it was virtually consensus that paul was the best player at the time and for the future.

theres so many examples of bigs being reached for in the draft (kwame/kenyon/kandi) - do some research before you bring the attitude

Interminator
04-14-2009, 06:31 PM
this is a really stupid statment. lets hear these examples where elite pgs get drafted high. if anything, teams skew to drafting big over smalls. you are so wrong here.bogut and marvin were drafted over paul and williams when it was virtually consensus that paul was the best player at the time and for the future.
An elite C prospect goes over an elite PG prospect.

Thats the reason why Bogut went #1, because he could provide more if he developed into the player Milwaukee thought he could become.

Maybe you were under a rock but Chris Paul was viewed as a great PG prospect but not the best player in the Draft, but Marvin Williams at the time was viewed as a high potential SF who could become a future #2 option for the Hawks.
However,even at that time people didn't agree with the pick considering Chris Paul would have filled a need for Atlanta.

Not everyone expected Paul to become as great of a player he is now in which he is considered an All-Time Great PG.

theres so many examples of bigs being reached for in the draft (kwame/kenyon/kandi) - do some research before you bring the attitude
Kwame=Elite C prospect
There was no Elite PG prospect in the 2001 NBA Draft.
Kenyon Martin=Elite PF prospect
There was no Elite PG prospect in the 2000 NBA Draft.
Micheal Olowokandi=Elite C prospect
Clippers picked Kandi Man over an Elite PG prospect like Bibby because when there is a top C prospect available its almost natural to take them over a PG and its always been that way in the NBA.

nbastatus
04-14-2009, 06:32 PM
wow. he is amazing.

Interminator
04-14-2009, 06:33 PM
1. He won't, you're just going crazy because you just now found aout that he's a 5th year senior.

2. Give me Deron/Paul over anything in this draft.
1.There is buzz around it and he is going to look into it and see if it is possible.

2.Give me LeBron over anything in this draft.

What a dumb statement, you pick the 2 top PG's in the NBA and then say you would rather have them over PG's who havent even played in the NBA.

Give these guys some time before we see how good of a player they are.

Interminator
04-14-2009, 06:35 PM
wow. he is amazing.
The video didn't fully show how quick he gets up & down the court.

WhySoInsecure?
04-14-2009, 06:42 PM
1.There is buzz around it and he is going to look into it and see if it is possible.
The same buzz as there was for Mayo.

2.Give me LeBron over anything in this draft.

What a dumb statement, you pick the 2 top PG's in the NBA and then say you would rather have them over PG's who havent even played in the NBA.

Give these guys some time before we see how good of a player they are.

Yeah, because you know something about dumb statements.
You crown this the best PG crop ever even though you haven't seen any of them play more than an all star game (maybe more with Rubio but i doubt it)

Interminator
04-14-2009, 06:45 PM
The same buzz as there was for Mayo.
There was no buzz around it because there was no way he could have fought for eligibility because he attended a 4 year HS, challenging the NBA would have been like Mo Clarrett challenging the NBA.

Yeah, because you know something about dumb statements.
You crown this the best PG crop ever even though you haven't seen any of them play more than an all star game (maybe more with Rubio but i doubt it)
You're clearly forgetting Evans,Flynn,Lawson,Maynor,Teague,Mills,& Curry.

Add that to those 3 Elite PG prospects and yes this is the best PG crop ever.

twolvesfan
04-14-2009, 06:47 PM
if he somehow makes it to the draft, which i dont think he will, i would love to have him on my wolves

DwadeOverLebron
04-14-2009, 06:50 PM
i don't see him being picked ahead of blake

however

if i was picking i would grab wall over anybody!

i just think he's a special talent, and i see more potential in him then even derrick rose! yes i said it!!!! i think he's just one of those special players ala kobe, wade, bron

i think wall should be the consensus #1 overall pick whenever he decides too come out

:pimp:

WhySoInsecure?
04-14-2009, 06:51 PM
You're clearly forgetting Evans,Flynn,Lawson,Maynor,Teague,Mills,& Curry.

Add that to those 3 Elite PG prospects and yes this is the best PG crop ever.
Evans will end up playing the 2. Lawson won't be a legit starter in the league. There's hope for Flynn and Teague, and the other 3 are good college players that won't be more than backups.

Give me Paul/Deron/Felton/Jack/Robinson/Ellis/Louis Williams

v-unit
04-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Definitely not top 10, elbows too pointy.

Valliant13
04-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Interesting find. I doubt he makes into the draft, and even if he did he is not supplanting Blake. Regardless of Wall's potential (and I suspect he will be an amazing pro) his profile is so much lower than Blakes (coming off a dominate NCCA tournament), and he (Wall) has never proven himself against players that he wasn't substantially more physically mature than.

If he does declare I wouldn't be surprised if he cracked the top 5, he has that kind of talent, but there is no chance he knocks off Blake for the #1 pick.

Interminator
04-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Evans will end up playing the 2. Lawson won't be a legit starter in the league. There's hope for Flynn and Teague, and the other 3 are good college players that won't be more than backups.

Give me Paul/Deron/Felton/Jack/Robinson/Ellis/Louis Williams
Even then the 2005 NBA Draft PG class doesn't measure up with the potential 2009 NBA Draft PG class.

If we are going off of the class that features the most talented PG prospects before the NBA Draft, it has to be 2009.

We aren't talking about which class has had the most success.

noob cake
04-14-2009, 07:00 PM
This is THE class of future PG's if Wall enters.

dirkdiggler41
04-14-2009, 07:01 PM

2/10. I have seen better.

Anyway, how can you guys scout him based on a highlight tape from HS. All we have seen him done on that tape is jump and do some fancy passes

Rekindled
04-14-2009, 07:02 PM

do you even know who John Wall is ..

John Wall will go no.1 or no.2 depend on teams. I am a huge rubio fan , but Id take John wall over him any day.

wang4three
04-14-2009, 07:02 PM
He's an elite talent, but lets not forget that having a highlight tape on youtube isn't really a hard thing to have. Anyone can have a highlight reel. If you put a compilation of my best moves in high school basketball I could have looked like a 4 star recruit.

Rekindled
04-14-2009, 07:03 PM
2/10. I have seen better.

Anyway, how can you guys scout him based on a highlight tape from HS. All we have seen him done on that tape is jump and do some fancy passes

Is that why most draft sites have him as the no.1 pick in 2010 draft

Samurai Swoosh
04-14-2009, 07:03 PM
He hit that kid with a shamgod at the begining of the mixtape. haha

VeeCee15
04-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Derrick Rose is a better athlete than Wall.

He can outdunk wall and jumps higher..Wall is taller and has longer arms.

Wall athletically is like DWade.

Interminator
04-14-2009, 07:06 PM
and he (Wall) has never proven himself against players that he wasn't substantially more physically mature than.

Who did Blake Griffin prove himself against that wasn't substantially more physically mature than?

He whiped through the worst big men in the country, his only elite matchup in the post was against Hansbrough in the NCAA Tournament.

John Wall at least in his AAU games,& All-Star games has dominated against the top incoming freshman & the top HS juniors in the country.

Whether that matters is debatable, but he has proven himself already without even playing college ball.

The last player who did so was LeBron, and yes I am putting Wall into a category of such a NBA ready dominate HS player that it outweighs the accomplishments & potential so far of the top NBA Draft prospects in their respective drafts.

Interminator
04-14-2009, 07:08 PM
He's an elite talent, but lets not forget that having a highlight tape on youtube isn't really a hard thing to have. Anyone can have a highlight reel. If you put a compilation of my best moves in high school basketball I could have looked like a 4 star recruit.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

GOBB
04-14-2009, 07:11 PM
I would easily take John Wall over Blake Griffin. John Wall is a once in a decade talent, a better passing derrick rose.

You realize how many times I've heard that?

wang4three
04-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Who did Blake Griffin prove himself against that wasn't substantially more physically mature than?

He whiped through the worst big men in the country, his only elite matchup in the post was against Hansbrough in the NCAA Tournament.

John Wall at least in his AAU games,& All-Star games has dominated against the top incoming freshman & the top HS juniors in the country.

Whether that matters is debatable, but he has proven himself already without even playing college ball.

The last player who did so was LeBron, and yes I am putting Wall into a category of such a NBA ready dominate HS player that it outweighs the accomplishments & potential so far of the top NBA Draft prospects in their respective drafts.

JuJuan Johnson, Taj Gibson, Damion James, Dexter Pittman, Leo Lyons, Paul Harris, Arinze Onaku are all either NBA-caliber players or potential NBA players.

I'm ok with you saying John Wall challenging that first pick slot, but don't act like Blake Griffin has not faced adequate competition to make him worthy of his #1 billing.

BankShot
04-14-2009, 07:17 PM

owned

Not quite. He's a fifth-year senior, that played at a prep school in NC last year, and will turn 19 in September.

The CBA states that to be drafted you must be at least turning 19 in the calender year, and your graduating class one year removed from high school.

Sounds like he fits the bill, no?

wang4three
04-14-2009, 07:19 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

It's the truth. Just like you watched that reel of Keith Brumbaugh and thought he was the next great thing.

twolvesfan
04-14-2009, 07:25 PM
Not quite. He's a fifth-year senior, that played at a prep school in NC last year, and will turn 19 in September.

The CBA states that to be drafted you must be at least turning 19 in the calender year, and your graduating class one year removed from high school.

Sounds like he fits the bill, no?
im no expert on draft status nor do i even know much so iim not going to comment on it anymore. IF he does somehow get in i would love for the wolves to snatch him up

steve
04-14-2009, 07:41 PM
im no expert on draft status nor do i even know much so iim not going to comment on it anymore. IF he does somehow get in i would love for the wolves to snatch him up
It sounds like a similar situation that Larry Fitzgerald had with the NFL a few years ago. You can only enter the NFL draft three years removed from your high school graduating class but Fitzgerald spent a post graduate year, so he was allowed to enter the NFL draft after only playing two years of college ball (I'm not sure if that rules changed or not, but that's what it was at the time).

Also I think the Wolves would be one of the few teams that would actually look forward to not getting the number 1 overall selection (the Kings are another one). If they got the first pick, they'd probably just take Griffin due to the outcry that would occur if they didn't select him but the team make up would be a little off kilter and they need a point guard much more than a third big.

sandwiches
04-14-2009, 08:35 PM
isn't this what OJ Mayo tried to do when he was in his 5th year of highschool, but lost.

shortlunatic
04-14-2009, 08:45 PM
this is stupid...Griffin is already a proven athlete who is gonna be an imediete factor. Wall is 5th year senior (meaning he failed) who people have seen little of. Not that i think its so horrible that he failed, but it does leave you to wonder where exactly his mentality is at. You would be a fool to risk the first round pick on him, other than that, i believe he could go as 2nd or 3rd since this draft is weak.

bdreason
04-14-2009, 08:46 PM
If Wall enters he will be the #1 pick. He's one of the most naturally talented players I've seen in a long time.

Godfather
04-14-2009, 08:48 PM
I pity the team that takes Wall #1 overall.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/photos/uncategorized/2009/01/04/mr_t.jpg

Lebron23
04-14-2009, 08:52 PM
I thought he was the projected first overall pick in the 2010 NBA Draft.

Da KO King
04-14-2009, 08:53 PM
I wonder how many of you have actually seen John Wall play a game

DuMa
04-14-2009, 09:19 PM
wow he moves like Wade. i like the fact that he is very ambidextrous

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
04-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Another retarded thread. If he enters want to avatar bet me?

Interminator
04-14-2009, 11:31 PM
Another retarded thread. If he enters want to avatar bet me?
No, you're a clown.

Thunderstruck
04-14-2009, 11:46 PM
What if the Thunder get the #1 pick, will they select Wall? No, so unless you're Nostradamus, you have no clue what you are talking about.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
04-14-2009, 11:46 PM
No, you're a clown.

you flood the first page with retarded threads, stupid made up rumors and dumb posts but yet you call me a clown? Than you make a thread saying John Wall will be drafted over Blake Griffin? :lol

xcesswee
04-15-2009, 12:56 AM
Wow he has amazing driving ability. Handles are nice, but i heard he doesn't really have a jump shot.

FireMcFailPlease
04-15-2009, 01:02 AM
Whatever makes Rubio fall, Im for it.

Posterize246
04-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Wall also refuted speculation that he might test the NBA collective bargaining agreement and enter the 2009 draft as a 19-year-old fifth-year high school student.

"No, not at all," Wall said when asked if he were considering entering this year's draft. "I'm going to school for one or two years and trying to win a national championship. I promised my mom I'd go to college and that if I left early I'd come back and graduate."
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=935860

DCL
04-15-2009, 12:52 PM
i like the fact that he is very ambidextrous

dude does look very comfortable with either hand. showed some strong moves either side.

but anyway, it's just a clip. do people remember demar derozan? he had a sick high school reel. but then what??

dnyk1337
04-15-2009, 01:10 PM
In the end it doesn't matter as long as NY gets Jennings or Rubio.

Dbrog
04-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Anybody else think Wall is not ready for the NBA?

I think he has a lot of potential...but so did gerald green (obviously diff type player). I just think Wall looks really raw right now. He definitely has size and athleticism at PG though.

Huey Freeman
04-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Whatever makes Rubio fall, Im for it.
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii27/LittleReezy/HATERTOTS.jpg

Clifton
04-15-2009, 02:08 PM
I think he has a lot of potential...but so did gerald green (obviously diff type player). I just think Wall looks really raw right now. He definitely has size and athleticism at PG though.
All Gerald Green ever showed was the ability to jump really high and shoot 3s.

I think there's a pretty huge difference between that and what we saw from Wall in that mix. (Of course it's only a mix.) Yeah he dunks incredibly easily at 6'4, but what we mainly see is ballhandling, passing, fluency and instinct. Plus what seems like preternatural help-defensive instincts a la Kirilenko (I realize a guy that athletic playing against boys is going to block a lot of shots but he's practically blocking those shots with his chin.) None of which we ever saw from a Gerald Green or a JR Smith. (Not that either player is bad, in fact I have this secret suspicion both players will continue to improve for at least a few more years and both stay in the league for a good while).

GOBB
04-15-2009, 02:51 PM
I wonder how many of you have actually seen John Wall play a game

I've only started hearing his name ring like 2 months ago unlike a Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo where I heard about them for a longer period of time and was able to actually watch games and not just highlight reels that alot of talented high school going to big div 1 schools have.

So whats your take on him? How does he compare to say a Derrick Rose in HS and could he duplicate or better Rose as a rookie (if he were to go to school and bounce)? What I've read up on him is he relies far too much on his athletic ability to get him by (so did Rose) but while he makes the crowd pleasing dish what isnt shown or spoken of is the horrible decision making he displays. He tries moves, passes that have little to no chance of being executed.

Other than that? Eh. I've seen some high school games this year but he didnt feature in any. So I guess the only time I'll see him actually play a full game is if a video is online or he goes to college.

Interminator
04-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Well that ends it.

He'll still be #1 in 2010 unless there is an elite C prospect who emerges and dominates college basketball.

Rekindled
04-15-2009, 04:50 PM
I've only started hearing his name ring like 2 months ago unlike a Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo where I heard about them for a longer period of time and was able to actually watch games and not just highlight reels that alot of talented high school going to big div 1 schools have.

So whats your take on him? How does he compare to say a Derrick Rose in HS and could he duplicate or better Rose as a rookie (if he were to go to school and bounce)? What I've read up on him is he relies far too much on his athletic ability to get him by (so did Rose) but while he makes the crowd pleasing dish what isnt shown or spoken of is the horrible decision making he displays. He tries moves, passes that have little to no chance of being executed.

Other than that? Eh. I've seen some high school games this year but he didnt feature in any. So I guess the only time I'll see him actually play a full game is if a video is online or he goes to college.

fail. john wall was projected to be no.1 pick in 2010 before the 2008 draft.

GOBB
04-15-2009, 04:59 PM
fail. john wall was projected to be no.1 pick in 2010 before the 2008 draft.

Whats your point? Oh the fact that you failed because I answered a poster who asked for an honest response and I gave him one?

Memo to moron: This is how you use fail dumbass.

ZHAKIDD532
04-15-2009, 05:27 PM

Edit: Didnt know about the mother being sick. Small chance they make an exception. But the fact hes 19 may not change anything really.
In that quote there it says something about the class he was supposed to graduate with graduating. Maybe he can try and use that.

Interminator
04-15-2009, 05:42 PM
In that quote there it says something about the class he was supposed to graduate with graduating. Maybe he can try and use that.
He might.

How many times have we seen a player say they were going to college, then 1 week to 2 weeks later they declare for the NBA Draft.

Nothing is official with Wall until after the early entry date for the 2009 NBA Draft.

GOBB
04-15-2009, 06:09 PM
He cant declare for the 2009 draft. He's not eligible.

Interminator
04-15-2009, 06:39 PM
He cant declare for the 2009 draft. He's not eligible.
He is eligible, he belongs in the 2008 class but he is spending an extra year at WOGCA which if he takes it to court does count as a prep school/extra year of HS.

GOBB
04-15-2009, 06:40 PM
No hes not. He needs to be 1 calender year (NBA season) removed and he's not. He comes up short. That is where he could attempt to argue but fail. Thats even if he attempts to argue/declare.

See you in 2010 John Wall.

OneMoreSucka
04-15-2009, 06:45 PM
2009 it is.

AyoForYayo
04-15-2009, 06:47 PM
That Dude Is An Absolute Monster.

Interminator
04-15-2009, 06:48 PM
No hes not. He needs to be 1 calender year (NBA season) removed and he's not. He comes up short. That is where he could attempt to argue but fail. Thats even if he attempts to argue/declare.

See you in 2010 John Wall.

The player (A) is or will be at least 19 years of age during the calendar year in which the Draft is held, and (B) with respect to a player who is not an international player (defined below), at least one (1) NBA Season has elapsed since the player’s graduation from high school (or, if the player did not graduate from high school, since the graduation of the class with which the player would have graduated had he graduated from high school)

Your argument fails right there, Wall is eligible for the 2009 NBA Draft.

Posterize246
04-15-2009, 07:23 PM
I guess some people missed my quote from Wall on the previous page? :confusedshrug:

GOBB
04-15-2009, 08:37 PM

And your topic fails...

Wall also refuted speculation that he might test the NBA collective bargaining agreement and enter the 2009 draft as a 19-year-old fifth-year high school student.

"No, not at all," Wall said when asked if he were considering entering this year's draft. "I'm going to school for one or two years and trying to win a national championship. I promised my mom I'd go to college and that if I left early I'd come back and graduate."

NYK-Bball
04-15-2009, 08:42 PM
I think he has to have graduated from high school too and he hasn't received his diploma yet and probably won't in time to enter.

BankShot
04-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Well that ends it.

He'll still be #1 in 2010 unless there is an elite C prospect who emerges and dominates college basketball.

You mean B.J. Mullens?? Remember when he was the #1 prospect for the 2009 draft :roll:

Or perhaps Kosta Koufous?? Remember when he was the #1 prospect for the 2008 draft :roll:

The real question regarding Wall, that is if he doesn't declare for the draft, is where is he gonna play next year??

He had his eye on the University of Oregon last year, so hopefully he'll revisit that option :pimp:

Kujo
04-15-2009, 08:52 PM
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=935860

End of thread.

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up. I predict he'll be one, and done.

GOBB
04-15-2009, 09:14 PM

And also ask yourself has 1. It been a year since his graduating class (that he wasnt apart of) graduated and 2. Has 1 NBA season passed since his graduating class graduated.

John Wall isnt eligible. He could challenge and argue it like many kids have tried in bball, football and guess what? He'll lose. Why? He's not eligible and wouldnt be found eligible no matter how hard you try. Your argument fails.

And Posterize posted the end all to this thread that you probably should have attempted to research before posting.

Cased closed.

brandonislegend
04-15-2009, 09:20 PM
John Wall and Brandon Jennings, future all star pgs.

PaperClip
04-16-2009, 08:06 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/basketball/2009-04-15-wall-college-choice_N.htm

He's going to college.

RaininThrees
04-16-2009, 08:16 PM

I love watching tape of guys in high school who dominate against 5 guys named "Who?". These highlights could be against the worst teams in the league and I'd never know any better. I also counted 2 shots from outside 2 feet... I get it, you can jump high than other guys your age, in your area.

Timmy D for MVP
04-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Eat ****.

Blake Griffin: Everything you just said at a college level.
John Wall: Everything you just said at a high school level.

Scouts looking at the draft this year will have to decide about risk reward and while it is true that drafting a player that may develop into a great PG tends to take precident over a SHORT PF (if they're as good as say Tim Duncan and had the height the like the bigs).

It would remain to be seen if they believe that Wall has a better oppertunity to develop into that star over Griffin.

Rose last year was an easy and almost consensus yes and that's the only reason it turned out the way it did.

Interminator
05-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Bump.

Wall would've had an argument against Blake as the #1 pick depending on which team was picking, I'm glad others have now begun to respect the hype.