PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James, from rags to riches? Ghetto to a mansion? Success story?

bruceblitz
04-16-2009, 09:36 AM
I think a lot of fans don't know much about the actual background of LeBron James, I invite you to watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUE2zflk94o

Tell me what your thoughts are after viewing that. Some of you may already know this, but I think most don't.

http://a.espncdn.com/media/nba/2006/0201/photo/a_lebron_275.jpg
http://www.soundoffcolumn.com/images/lebron-james-son.jpg
http://www.lebronjamesdunks.net/biopics/SI%20The%20Chosen%20One.jpg

:applause: :applause: :applause:

plowking
04-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Not being a hater, but what makes his story any better then half the players in the league? Apart from the fact that he is a superstar, though the same can be said for Wade. He had a bad childhood, if not worse then this.

Most of them came from rough areas.

bruceblitz
04-16-2009, 09:41 AM
Not being a hater, but what makes his story any better then half the players in the league? Apart from the fact that he is a superstar, though the same can be said for Wade. He had a bad childhood, if not worse then this.

Ok, I want you to quote any part of this post that I said "LeBron's story is better than other players in the league"????

You are so f'ing negative and ruin over 50% of the threads you post in!

Skyscraper
04-16-2009, 09:43 AM
Lebron James is the ultimate sucess story. However, keep in mind his riches came because he possesses amazing physical talents, the willpower to develop them into something amazing, and the smarts to know what to do in order to keep rising.

This can be analogous to say a smart person growing up in an economically disadvantaged background. He/she grows up and the smarts gets them scholarships and hard work gets them advanced degrees.

However, rags to riches in America is mostly a myth. Those who are poor and not very special (most people) stay poor.

plowking
04-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Ok, I want you to quote any part of this post that I said "LeBron's story is better than other players in the league"????

You are so f'ing negative and ruin over 50% of the threads you post in!

I didn't mean to make it out like that.

Simply that its no different to a lot of players. Just saying that a lot of players should be acknowledged for their success stories.

Caron Butler, Paul Pierce, Garnett, Wade, etc.

bruceblitz
04-16-2009, 09:49 AM
I didn't mean to make it out like that.

Simply that its no different to a lot of players. Just saying that a lot of players should be acknowledged for their success stories.

Caron Butler, Paul Pierce, Garnett, Wade, etc.

Here, here's a Wade video I created that shows what type of upbringing he had:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1SKFntjMYE

Happy? Now can you post the other success stories in another thread? Your agenda is showing.
(plowking's subconscious: "better diminish this quick")

plowking
04-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Here, here's a Wade video I created that shows what type of upbringing he had:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1SKFntjMYE

Happy? Now can you post the other success stories in another thread? Your agenda is showing.
(plowking's subconscious: "better diminish this quick")

Oh FFS.

I don't care who the hell you post about. Post about MJ for all I care. I'm just saying there are many players who over come a lot in their life, some more, some less.

What agenda could I possibly have in this thread? Arguing who has had the rougher upbringing? :wtf:

bruceblitz
04-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Oh FFS.

I don't care who the hell you post about. Post about MJ for all I care. I'm just saying there are many players who over come a lot in their life, some more, some less.

What agenda could I possibly have in this thread? Arguing who has had the rougher upbringing? :wtf:
I'm asking you kindly, and I use the word sir out of respect, sir, could you please refrain from posting in my threads with negativity? Please.

This is the way I took your comment and I'm sure other readers will too: oh well, LeBron had it tough, oh well so many other players had it tough too, big deal. That's the way I took your comment and I'm sure many others will too.

So I ask kindly, to please stop ruining threads like this.

steeph28
04-16-2009, 10:22 AM
How about this instead--Kobe Bryant, from moderately wealthy to insanely rich? Suburban mid-class house to a million room compound?

SoCalMike
04-16-2009, 10:24 AM

actually, not trying to be a hater, but i agree with this for the most part. the only difference is that bron' has risen to the top in his profession (most deservedly so). but there are a lot of amazing stories that are similar.

:pimp:

plowking
04-16-2009, 10:32 AM
actually, not trying to be a hater, but i agree with this for the most part. the only difference is that bron' has risen to the top in his profession (most deservedly so). but there are a lot of amazing stories that are similar.

:pimp:

I know. It's amazing what Bron has done. He is the 2nd highest grossing athlete in the NBA at the moment just behind Kobe and just ahead of Wade. His story is a success story, though I was merely trying to say that its not any more impressive then a large number of athletes.

But, I'm a hater.

bruceblitz
04-16-2009, 10:34 AM
I know. It's amazing what Bron has done. He is the 2nd highest grossing athlete in the NBA at the moment just behind Kobe and just ahead of Wade. His story is a success story, though I was merely trying to say that its not any more impressive then a large number of athletes.

But, I'm a hater.
This is not a comparison thread. It was a thread to discuss LeBron James's rise to success. Possibly enlighten some fans on a few things they don't know. Why don't you make a thread that chronicles the great rises from each individual athlete in pro-sports. Be my guest.

plowking
04-16-2009, 10:43 AM
This is not a comparison thread. It was a thread to discuss LeBron James's rise to success. Possibly enlighten some fans on a few things they don't know. Why don't you make a thread that chronicles the great rises from each individual athlete in pro-sports. Be my guest.

Look, I'm sorry I mentioned other players had it rough. Get over it.

bruceblitz
04-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Look, I'm sorry I mentioned other players had it rough. Get over it.
Well, thank you for your thoughs on LeBron's childhood and rise to being a superstar. Thank you very much.

plowking
04-16-2009, 10:50 AM
Well, thank you for your thoughs on LeBron's childhood and rise to being a superstar. Thank you very much.

I said that his story is amazing, especially due to becoming the 2nd largest grossing player in the NBA.

bruceblitz
04-16-2009, 10:52 AM
Wow!The OP has more than 1,000 posts in less than 2 months.

Life must be pretty boring outside of obsessing with Kobe on YouTube and ISH. :oldlol:
http://images6.cafepress.com/product/102455016v10_350x350_Front.jpg

GOBB
04-16-2009, 06:58 PM
Agree with plowking. Lots of players go from rags to riches, ghetto to a mansion. I mean Lamar Doom posted the story on Lamar Odom that gave you a glimpse of his life. How is Bron's story any different? Allen Iverson story is well documented. NBA and sports in general are full of success stories. Bron isnt special. But it seems sportsmedia, NBA and fans want to make him that way. Lets make note he is a special talent in the NBA but I'm saying his road to where he is today doesnt differ much from his peers or other athletes.

And of course this thread doesnt go anywehre fast. You struggle talkin about the game outside of MJ. Go figure.

slevin6zer0
04-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Agree with plowking. Lots of players go from rags to riches, ghetto to a mansion. I mean Lamar Doom posted the story on Lamar Odom that gave you a glimpse of his life. How is Bron's story any different? Allen Iverson story is well documented. NBA and sports in general are full of success stories. Bron isnt special. But it seems sportsmedia, NBA and fans want to make him that way. Lets make note he is a special talent in the NBA but I'm saying his road to where he is today doesnt differ much from his peers or other athletes.

And of course this thread doesnt go anywehre fast. You struggle talkin about the game outside of MJ. Go figure.
Did you go into Dooms thread talking **** like you are in here you ****? Dudes just trying to do the same thing Doom did. I didn't know about LeBron's past before this, and I appreciated the video. GOBB you are the biggest ****ing loser on this ****ing forum. Everyone of the grammatical nightmares you call a post are ignorant at best. Get a ****ing clue, you are a ****ing joke.

nbastatus
04-16-2009, 07:06 PM
"Lebron is going to rewrite the history book"
love it

bruceblitz
04-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Did you go into Dooms thread talking **** like you are in here you ****? Dudes just trying to do the same thing Doom did. I didn't know about LeBron's past before this, and I appreciated the video. GOBB you are the biggest ****ing loser on this ****ing forum. Everyone of the grammatical nightmares you call a post are ignorant at best. Get a ****ing clue, you are a ****ing joke.

:applause: :applause: :applause:
:cheers:

GOBB
04-16-2009, 07:22 PM

Lamar Doom posted a story on his favorite player and even offered a story that he encountered Odom once and was close enough to open up a dialogue but he left the oppurtunity slip by. You dont know Bron's story because you are a casual bball fan. The kind who only goes with whats popular and fed to you. You spend more time here on my nutsac than you do actually engaging in basketball talk, sports talk in general or other topics that exist. My grammar is bad and I'm always the first to say it. Never liked English. Math, Science was my thing. My nuts seem to be yours. Which one of us if the joke again?

Make no mistake about it I'm a better sports fan and poster than you are. When I post? People read, good or bad. When you post? People skip over it. Gurantee people did just that with your post. But they will read it in MY post because I'm responding to you. Thats impact. Thats first team all ISH. I can post and get a reaction and response. You can post and, and, and ok maybe if you insult someone it'll get a reaction and response. I mean you've insulted, attacked me (weak I might add) before and i ignored. You would even go into other threads baiting me to respond. So I give you a lil fame Tyronn Lue but remember I'm the one who drops you then proceeds to step over you.

http://www.blogcdn.com/nba.fanhouse.com/media/2008/12/iverson-over-tyronn-lue-lakers.jpg

Your 15mins are up.

bruceblitz
04-16-2009, 07:32 PM
This message is hidden because GOBB is on your ignore list. :violin: :cheers:

Mdog1
04-16-2009, 07:34 PM
This message is hidden because GOBB is on your ignore list. :violin: :cheers:
You are welcome for that by the way.

bruceblitz
04-16-2009, 07:35 PM
You are welcome for that by the way.
Yes, thanks! Repped! Ah, it says I've given out too much rep in the last 24 hours, I'll rep you tomorrow night!

Mdog1
04-16-2009, 07:38 PM
Yes, thanks! Repped! Ah, it says I've given out too much rep in the last 24 hours, I'll rep you tomorrow night!
You can max out on rep for a day? LOL I didn't know that.

GOBB is just a person who likes to argue and can make great arguments, but sometimes lets his personal feelings get in the way of things.

slevin6zer0
04-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Lamar Doom posted a story on his favorite player and even offered a story that he encountered Odom once and was close enough to open up a dialogue but he left the oppurtunity slip by. You dont know Bron's story because you are a casual bball fan. The kind who only goes with whats popular and fed to you. You spend more time here on my nutsac than you do actually engaging in basketball talk, sports talk in general or other topics that exist. My grammar is bad and I'm always the first to say it. Never liked English. Math, Science was my thing. My nuts seem to be yours. Which one of us if the joke again?

Make no mistake about it I'm a better sports fan and poster than you are. When I post? People read, good or bad. When you post? People skip over it. Gurantee people did just that with your post. But they will read it in MY post because I'm responding to you. Thats impact. Thats first team all ISH. I can post and get a reaction and response. You can post and, and, and ok maybe if you insult someone it'll get a reaction and response. I mean you've insulted, attacked me (weak I might add) before and i ignored. You would even go into other threads baiting me to respond. So I give you a lil fame Tyronn Lue but remember I'm the one who drops you then proceeds to step over you.

http://www.blogcdn.com/nba.fanhouse.com/media/2008/12/iverson-over-tyronn-lue-lakers.jpg

Your 15mins are up.
First time I ever LOL'ed at one of your posts. Props on that man. Taking pride in your post count and being "first team all ish," sounds like you're living the life right now. The sad part is, YOU read my threads, and YOU respond to them, just shows me how pathetic YOU are. Casual fan? I wouldn't go that far, but I'm not able to accumulate the fame a person like you gets on an online message board. I come here to shoot the **** and interact with other basketball fans to gain knowledge. You come here, well because you have nothing else to do. Now please tell me who the bigger joke is? A guy that comes here to increase his knowledge on a sport, or a dude that has 27,000+ posts, criticizes everything and everyone, and claims to be a message board HOF'er?

bruceblitz
04-16-2009, 07:53 PM
You can max out on rep for a day? LOL I didn't know that.

GOBB is just a person who likes to argue and can make great arguments, but sometimes lets his personal feelings get in the way of things.

Apparently yes, I was repping all of the good solid posts in my NBA Playoff predictions thread. I guess whoever posts great opinions the rest of the night and through tomorrow, I will rep them tomorrow. Some real great opinions in there. Here in Chicago, we appreciate the fire behind a sports opinion. It all started with DITKA, lol! Da Bears! Da Bulls! Da Superfan!

Juges8932
04-16-2009, 08:20 PM
I remember seeing this. Cool to see where players come from. I always like to see these kinds of vids.:applause:

clayton
04-16-2009, 09:29 PM
I don't like the "Choosen one" & "King" crap. None of those represents Lebron at all.

slevin6zer0
04-17-2009, 07:53 AM
This message is hidden because GOBB is on your ignore list.
Smartest eleven words that's ever come from GOBB.