PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Garnett out for playoffs

steeph28
04-16-2009, 09:38 AM
I just heard Doc say on the local Boston sports radio station that KG is most likely done for the duration of the playoffs.

Allstar24
04-16-2009, 09:40 AM
That's sad. Good for Orlando I guess...see you in the finals.

The Magic Man
04-16-2009, 09:41 AM
It's just a Jedi mind trick that little greasy Yoda looking bastard is using. He'll be wheeled onto the court in the 4th quarter of Game 7.

plowking
04-16-2009, 09:41 AM
That sucks.

Although it just made the other side of the draw a lot easier for all teams.

Manute for Ever!
04-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Good news for my Bulls.

SoCalMike
04-16-2009, 09:43 AM
Here is a link:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/04/rivers_garnett.html

In an interview this morning on Boston sports radio station WEEI, Celtics coach Doc Rivers said it was likely that Kevin Garnett would not be ready to play at all in the playoffs. "After today there's no way he can play," said Rivers, who left open the possibility his star could return at some point in the postseason but was not optimistic.

More on this breaking story in a bit ...

that really sucks for the celtics and the playoffs!

:pimp:

DukeDelonte13
04-16-2009, 09:47 AM
That Sucks. I hate to see this happen. My condolences Celtics fans.

Lakers13
04-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Just saw it on ESPN. What a blow, no rematch this year. See ya in the finals Cavs fans.

Aidan
04-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Great news for Cavs, but I would have preferred KG to be playing.

Real Men Wear Green
04-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Well, on the bright side, it makes the Chi series much more interesting. The Bulls could do this.

TruthKGRay3412
04-16-2009, 09:50 AM
This is the same team who did very well without KG and still secured a #2 seed..Do I think we are a better team with KG? Of course,but I still think we can win it all without him also(staying optimistic)..Rondo and Perk have got alot better since last year and so has Big Baby and Leon Powe..We have still have 2 HOF's in Pierce and Allen..I am not giving up hope by any means..We can still do this..I do think KG will play in the ECF if we make it.

Despite the discouraging news about Garnett, Rivers was positive about the team moving on without him: "I think we're going to be fine ... we have some mentally strong guys, very tough guys."

"We'll be ready I can guarantee you that," Rivers said.

The_Yearning
04-16-2009, 09:50 AM
once again, cleveland has an easy road to the finals only to struggle and get demolished by the lakers.

how history will repeat itself.

UConnCeltics
04-16-2009, 09:51 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4073024

shawbryant
Bad news for KG fans,but good news for LA fans.

bruceblitz
Man that SUCKS!

http://www.everyjoe.com/expertfantasy/files/2009/03/kevin-garnett-injured-upiphotos836903-nba-celtics-nuggets.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4ow2Juu7nMo/SaAeZ-BD26I/AAAAAAAAOmQ/gojllAqoBec/s400/Kevin_Garnett_2.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-G81MPN1eTI/SaQPo3S8ipI/AAAAAAAAA6E/jjwhXN_qkx4/s400/Kevin+Garnett.jpg

Glad that came out before I presented my bracket on YT, have a couple of changes to make now....

DukeDelonte13
04-16-2009, 09:52 AM
once again, cleveland has an easy road to the finals only to struggle and get demolished by the lakers.

excuses already?

SoCalMike
04-16-2009, 09:52 AM
This is the same team who did very well without KG and still secured a #2 seed..Do I think we are a better team with KG? Of course,but I still think we can win it all without him also(staying optimistic)..Rondo and Perk have got alot better since last year and so has Big Baby and Leon Powe..We have still have 2 HOF's in Pierce and Allen..I am not giving up hope by any means..We can still do this..I do think KG will play in the ECF if we make it.

Despite the discouraging news about Garnett, Rivers was positive about the team moving on without him: "I think we're going to be fine ... we have some mentally strong guys, very tough guys."

"We'll be ready I can guarantee you that," Rivers said.

Honestly, I don't agree... and not to be a troll, but KG brings the playoff experience and intensity that the Celtics need. The playoffs are different than regular season, with more rest between games (no back to backs), longer timeouts, longer half times, shorter rotations, etc.... the lack of KG will ultimately be exposed.

I hope he manages to find his way back into the playoffs.

UConnCeltics
04-16-2009, 09:56 AM
-KG out for playoffs
-Patriots miss playoffs
-Red Sox off to worst start since 1996

Hmmm... what else am I missing?

TruthKGRay3412
04-16-2009, 09:58 AM
-KG out for playoffs
-Patriots miss playoffs

First Brady,now KG...Chara please be careful before the play-offs start!

SoCalMike
04-16-2009, 09:59 AM
-KG out for playoffs
-Patriots miss playoffs

woah, interesting but don't count out the Boston Bruins (NHL)... they had a great season...

The_Yearning
04-16-2009, 10:01 AM
excuses already?

what excuse? I am stating facts.

Lebron23
04-16-2009, 10:03 AM
It sucks for the Celtics.

jaydacris
hmm i wonder if he just sits out the first series... that series + time before playoffs starts = almost 2 weeks of rest

i wonder if thats enough... didnt know this injury was that bad.. but i did get a sense of smoke and mirrors by doc and the media regarding kg's injury initially

Diesel J
:banghead: Cavs were going to beat Celtics with/without KG but I wanted the Celtics to play Orlando and take them out because Cavs don't matchup with well with Orlando's uptempo/hectic style of play. :ohwell:

UConnCeltics
04-16-2009, 10:04 AM
woah, interesting but don't count out the Boston Bruins (NHL)... they had a great season...

Boston University would have lost the NC game if not for llike 2 goals in the final 30 seconds or something.
-Boston university almost choked
-BC beats eventual National Champion UNC and then loses to Harvard:lol
-Dice-K, Lowrie to DL for Sox

Diesel J
04-16-2009, 10:04 AM
what excuse? I am stating facts.

Western Conf = cakewalk for the Lakers:violin:

BFRESH44
04-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Imma call BS. Watch KG pull a "Willis Reed" come game 2 or 3 on this series.

sixerfan82
04-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Eh, I don't believe it. ESPN reported people out for months at a time before only to see them back i nlike 2 weeks.

Y'all don't honestly expect KG to miss the ENTIRE playoffs do you?

Is he on the playoff roster?

Real Men Wear Green
04-16-2009, 10:08 AM
I certainly wouldn't mind.

bruceblitz
04-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Eh, I don't believe it. ESPN reported people out for months at a time before only to see them back i nlike 2 weeks.

Dude, they are quoting Doc Rivers.

steeph28
04-16-2009, 10:11 AM

Even if he were to come back...lets say hypothetically for the ECF against the Cavs, how effective will he truly be? It seems like unless he is able to get a significant amount of rehab time (month+), there's no way he'll be back to the form he was in earlier this season.

PleezeBelieve
04-16-2009, 10:12 AM

Dude is obvious hurt. Not just just hurt, he's injured. Dude wasnt himself at the beginning of the year and he made whatever he had worse in that Dallas/Uath game.

IMO, they should have been announced this. Stringing along a fanbase like this is wrong, IMO. Just announce the sh*t and move on. Make your fanbase feel like the underdog instead of excuse-makers waiting till KG comes and save the day.

SoCalMike
04-16-2009, 10:15 AM
Dude is obvious hurt. Not just just hurt, he's injured. Dude wasnt himself at the beginning of the year and he made whatever he had worse in that Dallas/Uath game.

IMO, they should have been announced this. Stringing along a fanbase like this is wrong, IMO. Just announce the sh*t and move on. Make your fanbase feel like the underdog instead of excuse-makers waiting till KG comes and save the day.

I don't think they were stringing along anyone... it just speaks to the complexity of injuries and that when someone actually heals is not a simple question to answer. I have no doubt that the Celtics actually hoped KG could make it back and who knows, he may play some minutes. I just think responses like yours overlook the complexities of these sorts of things... The Lakers experienced the same thing with Bynum last year and many Laker fans were ready to fire the laker trainers, laker doctors, etc... it was silly.

04-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Dam I wanted the Blazers to play a full strenth Boston team. :ohwell:

TruthKGRay3412
04-16-2009, 10:16 AM

I agree with you somewhat..KG is the toughest player in the league,the guy is a warrior and for him not to be ready for the 1st round he must have something seriously wrong with his knee..or else you would need to chain him to the locker room to keep him off the court.If that IS the case,then KG should of came out and said something instead of hiding from the situation this whole time and playing with our emotions.Not speaking out 1 single time is annoying,it kept the Celtic fan base guessing,sh!t Ainge said about 2 weeks ago that KG should be 100% come play-off time:wtf: ...I am still praying that he needs more rest and we are just saving him when we need him because Doc thinks we can beat Chi without him and when we truly do need him (in the ECF) he should be ready and the fans will go nuts when he makes that first appearance giving us a big boost.

Torious
04-16-2009, 10:21 AM

Hell be out for the series against the Bulls and when they face the Magic in the second they'll bring him in in THE wheelchair. The crowd will go crazy, as they witness another miracle at the Boston Garden when he RISES up, PRAISES the lord and leads the Boston Celtics to victory!

j/k

Sucks for the Celts, I would have liked a rematch of last years finals and that's going to be tough without Garnett. :ohwell:

Toizumi
04-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Sucks to see people happy because their team now has a better shot at getting past the Celtics. I'm not a Celtic fan, but I just want to see all teams play at full strenghth and not be in a position to make excuses for losing :confusedshrug: I hope he can make it back :(..

PleezeBelieve
04-16-2009, 10:31 AM
*out two weeks

*no update after two weeks

*no update after four weeks

*comes back after six weeks, but plays 'limited' minutes*

*plays limited minutes for three games, but is sat down to 'rest' till the final three games of the season*

*third to last last game of the year, no KG, no comment*

*Celtics says KG will get some playing time last game of the year to get his wind back*

*82nd game of the year, no KG*

*Doc announces KG will be ready for the playoffs*

*April 16th and no sign of KG*

Come on, Boston Celtics BUTCHERED this GREATLY. Hell, KG didn't even make an appearance on the bench during this 'rest' period of his. But that's another story.

TruthKGRay3412
04-16-2009, 10:31 AM
The most recent updates..

An NBA source confirmed to the Globe this morning that Garnett was only about 70 percent healed from the knee injury, which occured during a Feb. 19 game in Utah, and that the Celtics All-Star would likely miss the entire postseason.

Garnett worked out his injured right knee this morning, Rivers said, after which the coach made the radio proclamation: "After watching him run, there's no way. So, we're going to move without him. And the way I saw him move today guys, I don't know if he'll be ready."

Rivers added that Garnett would continue to get treatment in the hopes that he would be able to return at some point.

"At this point after going through all the rehab and looking so good last week ... to where he's at today if he can't get through biking and working out without swelling and stiffness ... I just don't know how he can play in the playoffs," Rivers said.

ESPN has this:

Garnett's reaction?

"He was frustrated. He was mad at me, mad at everybody. Then he understood," Rivers said. "He put up a fight. He's really frustrated, but that's Kevin. That's why we got him, because he cares so much."

Man,I wont be surprised if KG broke down in tears when Rivers told him he cant play against Chi..The guy loves the game more than anyone..Expect him to play in the playoffs at some point..I can guarantee you that.

04-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Maybe he will do a Paul P. magical comeback?

Lebron23
04-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Spuddjjay is also out for the playoffs. Jeff banned him last week.

TruthKGRay3412
04-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Spuddjjay is also out for the playoffs. Jeff banned him last week.

This is the only good news I have heard all morning..this KG sh!t ruined my day:cry:

magi
04-16-2009, 10:39 AM
I think I'm as hurt as Boston fans are over the news.
I really wanted to get some redemption for last season's finals but now it looks like it won't happen. I don't see Boston beating either Orlando or Cleveland, without KG. Don't care what Doc or Truth has to say on the matter, they are just not good enough.

I feel bad for KG too his passion is 2nd to none and I know it's killing him right now.

Hopefully he comes back to the ECF man, I'm hoping.

TruthKGRay3412
04-16-2009, 10:42 AM
KG should have taken Andy Pettite's way of rehab..by injecting himself with some HGH.

im kidding (kinda)

Valliant13
04-16-2009, 10:44 AM
This was the most bizarrely handled injury I've seen in recent memory. A month and half ago it was supposed to have been a mild sprain that would only keep him out a few games. I wonder if this is the beginning of the end for KG?

wang4three
04-16-2009, 10:56 AM
I'd feel bad for the Celtics, but I really don't.

MaxFly
04-16-2009, 10:58 AM
-KG out for playoffs
-Patriots miss playoffs

Sigh... knock on wood my friend... knock on wood... :(

MaxFly
I'd feel bad for the Celtics, but I really don't.

Lol, shut up...

DuMa
the playoffs just got a lot less interesting. this sucks :(

DukeDelonte13
04-16-2009, 10:59 AM
Cleveland's already EASY PATH to the Finals just got easier.

Not that it really mattered because Stern and the Zebras were not going to let the Cavs lose, but this sucks for the Celtics.

F**k the Cavs!

excuses excuses.... Get real and talk basketball :violin:

MK2V1GP
04-16-2009, 11:00 AM
I feel like crying. This sucks. and it hurts the NBA tremendously. Instead of a Cle/Bos rematch, its goin to be Orl/Cle.

This sucks. So much for KG missing only 2-3 weeks

DukeDelonte13
04-16-2009, 11:01 AM
I feel like crying. This sucks. and it hurts the NBA tremendously. Instead of a Cle/Bos rematch, its goin to be Orl/Cle.

This sucks. So much for KG missing only 2-3 weeks

It does indeed suck. Especially getting the news the day after the season ended... I still think boston can beat orlando though, So I wouldn't fret.

PoGoMon
04-16-2009, 11:02 AM
the playoffs just got a lot less interesting. this sucks :(

And that's the truth! :cry:

Maniak
04-16-2009, 11:04 AM
I knew it.

Bulls can very well make it out of the 1st round now without KG there. Pierce will be a huge obstacle though.

GO BULLS!

hoopaddict08
04-16-2009, 11:06 AM
I hope the Lakers stop the Cavs, because I really don't want to see them win a championship. Boston would beat them in seven games at full strength.

Toizumi
04-16-2009, 11:06 AM
The Lakers made it to the Finals last season w/o their 2nd best big man. If Boston is truly that great, then I see no reason why they can't do the same w/o KG. :D

Fixxed

Masterz313
04-16-2009, 11:09 AM
*out two weeks

*no update after two weeks

*no update after four weeks

*comes back after six weeks, but plays 'limited' minutes*

*plays limited minutes for three games, but is sat down to 'rest' till the final three games of the season*

*third to last last game of the year, no KG, no comment*

*Celtics says KG will get some playing time last game of the year to get his wind back*

*82nd game of the year, no KG*

*Doc announces KG will be ready for the playoffs*

*April 16th and no sign of KG*

Come on, Boston Celtics BUTCHERED this GREATLY. Hell, KG didn't even make an appearance on the bench during this 'rest' period of his. But that's another story.

agreed. they really ****ed this up by playing him while he was still hurt no matter how you slice it.

why did they do this? especially considering they "don't care" about HCA?

MK2V1GP
04-16-2009, 11:10 AM
The Lakers made it to the Finals last season w/o their best big man. If Boston is truly that great, then I see no reason why they can't do the same w/o KG. :D

Please don't be an idiot and compare Bynum to the Celtics most important player. If it was Kobe, then you'd have a point. but please stop making yourself look stupid and dont compare KG to bynum

SoCalMike
04-16-2009, 11:11 AM
The Lakers made it to the Finals last season w/o their best big man. If Boston is truly that great, then I see no reason why they can't do the same w/o KG. :D

the celtics don't have the depth the lakers do... their core team was incredibly strong and unfortunately they will miss KG a lot.

this sucks as far as i am concerned!

wang4three
04-16-2009, 11:11 AM

Pau played in the Finals last year?

JohnnySic
04-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Do not pity the Celts and us Celtic fans........I have faith that the team can get to at least the ECF without KG...

nashisbest
04-16-2009, 11:15 AM
it won't make sense that the celtics can make it past ECF without one of the Big Three

that's like saying Spurs will make it past WCF

phoenix18
04-16-2009, 11:16 AM
KG is not out for playoffs they say he can play game one of the first round.

DukeDelonte13
04-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Do not pity the Celts and us Celtic fans........I have faith that the team can get to at least the ECF without KG...

I agree. It will not surprise me in the least of the C's still manage to take care of Orlando.

adamcz
04-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Sorry to the Celtics fans here. Trading all of your youth for an aging superstar was a huge risk, and luckily it paid off big time before the potential downside was revealed.

Real Men Wear Green
04-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Sorry to the Celtics fans here. Trading all of your youth for an aging superstar was a huge risk, and luckily it paid off big time before the potential downside was revealed.
Al Jefferson tore his ACL earlier this year. Injuries can happen to anyone. And it's not like Garnett is an injury-prone player.

LJJ
04-16-2009, 11:24 AM
It's time to prove the shyt all those Celtics fans have been talking about for the past season, Pierce/Rondo.

http://newengland.comcastsportsnet.com/wp-content/image/wgs/jlevine/Pierce_MVP.jpg

DuMa
04-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Also i believe KG will give it a try.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
04-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Allen and Pierce better step up big time now

TheAnchorman
04-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Knowing KG, he'll probably try his best to be there during the ECF, assuming the Celtics reach it. Other than that, at least he knows he has some serious resting time (3-4 weeks?)

adamcz
04-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Al Jefferson tore his ACL earlier this year. Injuries can happen to anyone. And it's not like Garnett is an injury-prone player.
All human beings are injury prone at a certain age, and that's why there aren't 50 year olds in the league. So whether KG had shown it previously or not, there aren't many guys from his draft class still contributing, and the Celtics took a certain risk trading a whole bunch of young players for him.

Like I said, it paid off in a big way, so it's not like anybody's going to regret the deal.

PoGoMon
04-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Pau played in the Finals last year?

TOOOOOO GOOD! :roll: :applause: :cheers: :bowdown:

NBASTATMAN
04-16-2009, 11:49 AM
That's sad. Good for Orlando I guess...see you in the finals.

ASTERISK BABY

Y2Gezee
04-16-2009, 11:53 AM
I wouldn't doubt KG plays at some point in the playoffs.

But if he doesn't. Yet again, the Cavs get a walk in to the finals, only to get spanked.

KobeRules24
04-16-2009, 12:11 PM
:oldlol: celtics are done

LA_Showtime
04-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Oops didn't see this might as well close the other one lol...

This could give the Magic and Blazers the opportunity to get to the Finals a year early. IMO neither team is ready, but the Magic can beat the Cavs and the Blazers apparently can beat the Lakers.

Killbot
04-16-2009, 12:15 PM
-KG out for playoffs
-Patriots miss playoffs

You cannot be as bad as Seattle.
Sonics already left.
Seahawks went 4-12 because of wide receiver injuries.
Mariners were the first team to ever spend $100 million and have 100 or mor losses (61-101)
Huskies (football) went 0-12

NBASTATMAN
04-16-2009, 12:18 PM

cavs or lakers get a asterisk if they win.. Not a Celtic fan but I believe if they were healthy they would win it all again.. Not cool....

DukeDelonte13
04-16-2009, 12:23 PM
cavs or lakers get a asterisk if they win.. Not a Celtic fan but I believe if they were healthy they would win it all again.. Not cool....

get that asterisk sh*t outta here. A chip is a chip.

mbell75
04-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Damn! I wanted the Lakers to get some revenge by beating the Celtics in the Finals! :ohwell: However, the Celtics still have TWO all stars in Pierce and Allen and a pretty good supporting cast. The Lakers made it to the Finals last year with 2 all stars, one who hadnt even played a full season with the team and they had a tougher road to get there. Are the Celtics really that bad that they cant even make the Finals without KG?

west
04-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Man,I wont be surprised if KG broke down in tears when Rivers told him he cant play against Chi..The guy loves the game more than anyone..Expect him to play in the playoffs at some point..I can guarantee you that.
Yea....:cry:

west
04-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Damn! I wanted the Lakers to get some revenge by beating the Celtics in the Finals! :ohwell: However, the Celtics still have TWO all stars in Pierce and Allen and a pretty good supporting cast. The Lakers made it to the Finals last year with 2 all stars, one who hadnt even played a full season with the team and they had a tougher road to get there. Are the Celtics really that bad that they cant even make the Finals without KG?
Can the Lakers get to the Finals without Kobe last year?

NBASTATMAN
04-16-2009, 12:34 PM

no...

Maniak
04-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Even with Bynum, doubt it.

They are left with no closer.

crisoner
04-16-2009, 12:35 PM
This f*cking blows...
KG missing the playoffs will just lead to question what if etc. etc. And as a Laker fan I wanted to face the best possible team in the Finals (if we make it which I can say I am confident we will) and a healthy Celtics team > The Cleveland LeBron's any day.

Oh f*cking well.

Indian guy
04-16-2009, 12:36 PM
There's no way he's out for the ENTIRE postseason. He'll be back, just not in the 1st round. This certainly helps out the Bulls. I can see us taking the series to 6 games.

visirale
04-16-2009, 12:46 PM
I love KG so this is disappointing to hear.

But to anyone who thought I was crazy for questioning his health earlier... Match point.

B-Diddy=2Easy
04-16-2009, 12:48 PM
It's time to prove the shyt all those Celtics fans have been talking about for the past season, Pierce/Rondo.

http://newengland.comcastsportsnet.com/wp-content/image/wgs/jlevine/Pierce_MVP.jpg

+ 1

The Celtics can go anywhere with a healthy Pierce on the floor.

LA.MJ&KB#1
04-16-2009, 12:52 PM

The would be better then last year PP return in the same game:D I really hope KG return I for one wants a rematch badly...

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
04-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Celtic Fans.....let the excuse begin....and start making threads like without KG, the championship wont mean that much for LA or Cavs

mbell75
04-16-2009, 12:54 PM

So you are saying KG's impact is equal to Kobe's? Ok, then who are Pierce and Allen equal to? Sasha and Walton? :rolleyes: If the Celtics are such a great TEAM, with two future HOF all stars and a weak conference to go thru, they should have little problem making it to the ECF at least right?

White Chocolate
04-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Looks like I won't have to rock the Marbury GOAT avatar for the entire offseason. :oldlol:

NBASTATMAN
04-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Celtic Fans.....let the excuse begin....and start making threads like without KG, the championship wont mean that much for LA or Cavs

not a celtic fan and it is true.. Asterisk goes on the title winner this year.... No Kg than you get a asterisk..... Sorry... Not like my Clips are going anywhere....

NBASTATMAN
04-16-2009, 01:06 PM
This f*cking blows...
KG missing the playoffs will just lead to question what if etc. etc. And as a Laker fan I wanted to face the best possible team in the Finals (if we make it which I can say I am confident we will) and a healthy Celtics team > The Cleveland LeBron's any day.

Oh f*cking well.

TRUE... Facing a Cavs team and winning is nothing compared to getting revenge and beating the celts.. Plus the asterisk on the side sucks as well.... :rant

mbell75
04-16-2009, 01:12 PM
not a celtic fan and it is true.. Asterisk goes on the title winner this year.... No Kg than you get a asterisk

Yea, so lets go back thru NBA history and put an asterik next to every team that won a title when the defending champions either had an injured player and didnt make the finals or even the playoffs...

:roll: Idiots.

pete's montreux
I want to cry right now.

NBASTATMAN
:roll: Idiots.

Yea you are.... :lol

mbell75
04-16-2009, 01:14 PM
I want to cry right now.

Do it!!

JohnnySic
04-16-2009, 01:19 PM
Real Celtics fans dont make excuses.....these are the breaks of the game.

Who Knows.....maybe Starbury shows up. Maybe Powe and Davis continue to get double-doubles. There's a lot of bball to be played before the chips fall...

B-Diddy=2Easy
04-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Real Celtics fans dont make excuses.....these are the breaks of the game.

Who Knows.....maybe Starbury shows up. Maybe Powe and Davis continue to get double-doubles. There's a lot of bball to be played before the chips fall...

:cheers:

gts
04-16-2009, 01:25 PM
-KG out for playoffs
-Patriots miss playoffs

Hmmm... what else am I missing?i bought a can of clam chowder that had gone bad...

seriously sorry to hear that celtics fans.. as a laker fan you know i only wanted one thing this year... next year eh?

celtics will still make a solid run though, kinda like the spurs, can't count them out until they actually are out

BigTicket
04-16-2009, 01:27 PM
This really sucks if true, hope he makes it back afterall. First Ginobili and now Garnett ? That's 2 of the 5 main contenders gone.

catzhernandez
04-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Who didn't know this was coming? Seriously......

****ing d-bag Doc Rivers knew it the whole time. Even yesterday they were BSing the media, the fans, everyone.

"When KG comes back is HIS decision." Like stfu Doc, we know you're lying you goofy piece of ****.

KenneBell
04-16-2009, 01:43 PM
So what exactly was the injury?

KG215
04-16-2009, 01:44 PM
I don't even know if I can stomach watching the playoffs too much now. Especially any series involving the Cavs and Lakers. This blows. Bad.

Meticode
04-16-2009, 01:47 PM
This sucks. As a Cavs fan I wanted the Cavs to play every team fully healthy, even if they lose at least we lose against a legitment team with all their players playing. I'm sure if the Cavs meet the Celtics in the playoffs and the Cavs win we'll get the old "The Celtics would have one if Garnett was playing" argument. Actually we'll get that argument for any team the lose to.

ikoiko
04-16-2009, 01:48 PM
i remember someone on ISH called this a couple weeks ago. respect.

Meticode
04-16-2009, 01:49 PM
So what exactly was the injury?

Apparently he had a slight strained knee I think before he totally strained it because he said there was discomfort before the game that put him out. He strained it on a jump (didn't even look that serious). Missed a lot of games, he came back for a few games in limited time and he said there was a lot of stiffness in the knee so they sat him back out.

Fatal9
04-16-2009, 01:56 PM
LOL Lebron yet again gets one of the easiest rides to the finals. This is unbelievable. Is this guy ever going to get tested in his conference?

brandonislegend
04-16-2009, 01:59 PM
LOL Lebron yet again gets one of the easiest rides to the finals. This is unbelievable.

sad but true.

boozehound
04-16-2009, 02:03 PM
well that sucks for boston. I still think they win the first round. regardless, I think KG will be a shell of his former self for the rest of his career.

Meticode
04-16-2009, 02:05 PM
LOL Lebron yet again gets one of the easiest rides to the finals. This is unbelievable.

Why do you hate so much? Seriously? Do you honestly think them getting to the Finals to play the Spurs was easy? Sure, Washington in the first round was a joke, New Jersey took us to 6 games, the Pistons were up 2 games to 0 with home court advantage and the Cavs came back and won that series! How is that easy?

Then on the flip side you downplay Boston so much. It's ****ing hilarious that when Boston beat Cleveland in Boston without Garnett everyone is like "Bahaha ****ing Cleveland lost to Boston without Garnett they suck." But when the playoffs come around you already hear the excuses "Oh shit, this sucks, we're going to lose, the Cavs get a free ride" from so many posters.

All Boston has to do is play good help-defense on LeBron and just pound the ball inside like they did in their victory (sense Ben Wallace might be out still by that time if they indeed meet).

Again, another biased hater post from you. No surprise.

1987_Lakers
04-16-2009, 02:06 PM
http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/p5/20080820/21/350491743.jpg

Dengness9
04-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Bulls in 6. Everybody else to busy talking about how far the C's can go without KG.... how about not out of the first round possibly.

Celtics w/KG vs Bulls = Sweep

Celtics w/out KG vs Bulls = Loss to the Bulls. If only the 76'ers would have stayed at 7, they'd be a better matchup. Ask Bill Simmons...

phoenix18
04-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Bulls in 6. Everybody else to busy talking about how far the C's can go without KG.... how about not out of the first round possibly.

Celtics w/out KG vs Bulls = Loss to the Bulls. If only the 76'ers would have stayed at 7, they'd be a better matchup. Ask Bill Simmons...

Please. You cant be serious the bulls arent tough enough to beat the Celtics in the first round. How does every know KG will be out for the playoffs? Is it an assumption?? I wont believe it unless I hear it on ESPN.

pete's montreux
04-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Without KG, Brad Miller was taking us from the top of the key and driving to the bucket for layups.

Think about that for a second.

Brad "Molasses" Miller was driving to the rim for layups. Brad Miller.

boozehound
04-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Im so tired of this LeBron Stan blabber:
Stern just gave LeBrick a ring on the platter:

Look out Lakers stans, Stern might might pull up a failed drug test from Kobe Cryant so he can get suspended if they make the Finals.
Im sick of this illogical BS from you pathetic KG fans. Stern wore out KGs knees? How in the world is stern involved with this? Did he tonya harding KG?

boozehound
04-16-2009, 02:25 PM

like BS is a reasonable and objective sports analyzer. I do think the bulls can win this series, but I dont think they will. PP will overcome!

Meticode
04-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Without KG, Brad Miller was taking us from the top of the key and driving to the bucket for layups.

Think about that for a second.

Brad "Molasses" Miller was driving to the rim for layups. Brad Miller.

So the same team that beat the Cavs in Boston without Garnett that held James to 5-15 shooting and 21 points is all the sudden going to let Brad Miller drive to the basket for easy layups? I hope you're being sarcastic.

Meticode
04-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Im sick of this illogical BS from you pathetic KG fans. Stern wore out KGs knees? How in the world is stern involved with this? Did he tonya harding KG?

It's not worth replying to. Just put him/her/it on ignore.

phoenix18
04-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Stern paid off a medical trainer to screw up KG. Or even worst, he paid KG to sit out so LeBrick can advance to the Finals.
That would never happen.

pete's montreux
04-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Meticode, you know I have you on ignore, and once again, you confirm the reason. I had a feeling you responded to me.

I'll speak slowly, and clearly.

The last game against Chicago , Brad Miller , in the fourth quarter , was making layups on our defense by driving from the top of the key to the rim.

Now, the concept of someone driving to the basket and making a layup might be difficult for you to grasp, but we can work on it together, but don't expect me to take you off my ignore list, because, well, frankly, you're a f*cking idiot.

Scoooter
04-16-2009, 02:37 PM
:roll:

phoenix18
04-16-2009, 02:38 PM
How do you know it would never happen?
LeBron is Sterns Golden Child.

Well, there is a pretty long line to get on Lebrons sac. We should make a book like where's Waldo and instead use David Stern. Wait, that was probably lame.

Gevz2kX
04-16-2009, 03:00 PM
I wonder if people are gonna turn into last year's Laker fans and continuously say "if only we had KG" or "wait until KG gets back" like they did about Bynum.

I also think he'll be back in time for the ECF and that the Celtics will get to that point. Sucks though cause he's my fave player.

Killbot
04-16-2009, 03:07 PM
A championship team would continue to play with heart and soul throughout the playoffs. Even though Boston lost KG (perhaps temporarily), there should be no excuses; championship teams have to face adversity. If they beat all their opponents, especially Cleveland and Lakers without Garnett, then victory would be that much sweeter.

Same thing applies to any other playoff team, if they are in that situation.

sixerfan82
04-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Dude, they are quoting Doc Rivers.

Oh, it must be true then.

B-Diddy=2Easy
04-16-2009, 03:36 PM

Ah man, that's cold blooded. :oldlol:

spursdynasty420
04-16-2009, 03:38 PM
this sucks for the celtics. just like hearing ginobili was out.

gts
04-16-2009, 03:50 PM
man some of the comments from both sides in this thread are embarassing... riddler needs to be banned, and some of the others need to just wise, up... losing garnett is a huge problem for the celtics and anyone who has watched him play know he brings alot of the fuel that fires the celtics,,, not having him is not just an excuse if the celtics lose, it's THE very reason the celtics will struggle to beat the magic or cavs

DukeDelonte13
04-16-2009, 04:03 PM
man some of the comments from both sides in this thread are embarassing... riddler needs to be banned, and some of the others need to just wise, up... losing garnett is a huge problem for the celtics and anyone who has watched him play know he brings alot of the fuel that fires the celtics,,, not having him is not just an excuse if the celtics lose, it's THE very reason the celtics will struggle to beat the magic or cavs

lol anybody that pretends to be a super hero online should be banned...

mlh1981
04-16-2009, 04:06 PM
This sucks. As a Cavs fan, I was hoping for another playoff showdown. This was turning into quite the rivalry.

Should the teams meet, even without KG, there is still a mental block that prevents us from beating them on their homecourt. We need to overcome that (that, or just win all of our home games I suppose).

I wonder what kind of player KG will be next year? It seemed like for years, that he was ageless.

vert48
04-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Dengness9
04-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Please. You cant be serious the bulls arent tough enough to beat the Celtics in the first round. How does every know KG will be out for the playoffs? Is it an assumption?? I wont believe it unless I hear it on ESPN.

Unless you hear it on ESPN....?????

How about don't post until you have atleast looked at the front page of ESPN.COM

KG is the heart and soul of that team and everybody knows it. Celts could still win for sure, and are probably still favored. However, I like the Bulls to beat the Celtics because they are far and away deeper, and now don't have the DPOY in the middle to stop the D-Roes penetration.

I got confidence in my team(even after the goose egg laid against Toronto at home).

Remember 06-07 when the Bulls needed to beat NJ in the season finale to get 4th seed/Homecourt advantage/and 50 wins? They laid a pathetic egg that game too, and came out in the playoffs SERIOUS, and swept the defending champ Heat who had their best player injured like the defending champs C's do, only Wade played through it when he shouldn't of even been on the court probably.

sodapop
04-16-2009, 04:36 PM
I hope Kevin get well soon. I rather see a healthy KG next year than a struggling, desperate KG. Let the man recover 100% for next year.
The Celtics, I'm curious if they can make it without KG? If Stephon Marbury can get his groove & rhythm back, the Celtics could have a chance to make it to the finals. Celtics lost one all star to injury and gained another.

D-Rose
04-16-2009, 04:45 PM
Damn...no rematch then! Playoffs will be much less interesting with Ginobli and now Garnett out.

Sriracha
04-16-2009, 04:47 PM
KG is just taking a play out of Pierce's playbook, he's faking that sh!t.

madmax
04-16-2009, 05:15 PM
I guess that's the reward for taunting small white PG's during the regular season and making Big Baby Davis cry on the bench:cry: Karma is ***** - what goes arround, comes arround:no:

danumber88
04-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Celtics are still making the ECF i can guarantee someone that. An injury like this tends to pump other players on the roster to 200%. Dont get confident and claim the Celtics wont make ECF

D-Rose
04-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Celtics are still making the ECF i can guarantee someone that. An injury like this tends to pump other players on the roster to 200%. Dont get confident and claim the Celtics wont make ECF
Orlando has every bit chance to beat them in the 2nd round.

sodapop
04-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Orlando has every bit chance to beat them in the 2nd round.

I agree with you 100%. Orlando has the talent to win it all in the east. But, the Celtics bench is solid. Orlando's bench is no match to Boston. However, Boston does not have strength inside the paint without KG. This can hurt the Celtics deeply.

KempSonics
04-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Weak

KG OUT

Ginobili OUT

Pistons look dead

Playoffs will be weak this year. A lot of the powers are out of ammo.

dafunkphenom
04-16-2009, 05:53 PM
KG is just taking a play out of Pierce's playbook, he's faking that sh!t.
Honestly, I could see this being the case.

If not, they are royaly screwed against the Cavs! I stillthink they got enough without KG to get to the ECF though so ya never know how KG will feel by then.

Kblaze8855
04-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Danny ainge had a heart attack. for real...

dafunkphenom
04-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Danny ainge just had a heart attack. for real...
If KG's injury makes him react like that, it's time to retire and stay away from the courts for good.

Kevin_Garnett_5
04-16-2009, 06:48 PM
At first this news was devastating, but I know there is still a lot of fight in this team.

GOBB
04-16-2009, 06:51 PM
No KG means no they wont repeat let alone make the NBA Finals. Perfect setup for Clevlands Bron James.

If KG's injury makes him react like that, it's time to retire and stay away from the courts for good.

:oldlol: @ you thinkin his heart attack was a result of KG's injury.

nbastatus
04-16-2009, 06:53 PM
wow..

MMM
04-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Pierce is a stud he can carry us along with Ray and Rondo to the next round and I wont rule them out in making the ECF. Hopefully if they can extend the run that long KG can return for late 2nd round/ECF. If we have to do it it without KG at all I still have a lot of faith in this team. They did beat both the Cavs and Spurs with half their rotation missing so you know their wont be excuses coming from my corner.

KobeRules24
04-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Dam I wanted the Blazers to play a full strenth Boston team. :ohwell:

:wtf:

oh the horror
04-16-2009, 07:21 PM
This is a real shame. As a basketball fan, I never like seeing the playoff landscape change due to injury to certain players. I love seeing competition between teams all at full capacity for a high level of play.

Biddy77
04-16-2009, 07:23 PM
This is a real shame. As a basketball fan, I never like seeing the playoff landscape change due to injury to certain players. I love seeing competition between teams all at full capacity for a high level of play.

agreed, and repped.

Jordandunk23
04-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Throughout the whole season even with the emergence of Los Angeles, Cleveland, Orlando... i was pretty confident on the chances Boston would repeat... but without KG i really do not see it happening... without KG, Boston is not the same championship team.

AMISTILLILL
04-16-2009, 07:37 PM

And you don't have any quarrels with drawing a comparison between a twenty-something center with two seasons playoffs experience to a future HOFer in Garnett?

AMISTILLILL
04-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Unless you hear it on ESPN....?????

How about don't post until you have atleast looked at the front page of ESPN.COM

KG is the heart and soul of that team and everybody knows it. Celts could still win for sure, and are probably still favored. However, I like the Bulls to beat the Celtics because they are far and away deeper, and now don't have the DPOY in the middle to stop the D-Roes penetration.

I got confidence in my team(even after the goose egg laid against Toronto at home).

Remember 06-07 when the Bulls needed to beat NJ in the season finale to get 4th seed/Homecourt advantage/and 50 wins? They laid a pathetic egg that game too, and came out in the playoffs SERIOUS, and swept the defending champ Heat who had their best player injured like the defending champs C's do, only Wade played through it when he shouldn't of even been on the court probably.

Dude... like you even need to explain why or how you favor the Bulls in a matchup with Boston. Of course you favor the Bulls. Your favorite team is the Bulls and Derrick Rose is your avatar.

Ken_Masters
04-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Please don't be an idiot and compare Bynum to the Celtics most important player. If it was Kobe, then you'd have a point. but please stop making yourself look stupid and dont compare KG to bynum

Yeah, this is not like Bynum being out for the season. This is like Kobe being out for the season, or LeBron being out for the season. That's how big of a blow it truly is. Unbelievable.

Ken_Masters
04-16-2009, 07:52 PM

It's not that they're that bad. KG is simply their best player. Every team needs their best player to win.

sixerfan82
04-16-2009, 08:00 PM
This truly is disappointing news. It's almost as if there's no #2 seed, but 2 #3 seeds.

Congrats to the Celtics for a great year, unfortunately they won't be going home with hardware. I kinda feel for Paul Pierce, here it is his team and it's being discounting by the loss of a guy who's been there for 2 years.

Cleveland vs LA it is I assume now

dnyk1337
04-16-2009, 08:30 PM
in the words of great larry bird

suffer baby, suffer

DaRondoStopper
04-16-2009, 08:40 PM
It sucks we won't get to see a great match up in the ECF like the WCF because of this injury. I like the Magic and all, but I just don't see them making it the most exciting series. Lakers Nuggets may be fun to watch though.

Goku
04-16-2009, 09:01 PM
dont give up celts fans....

ANYTHING IS POSSIBBLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

DaRondoStopper
04-16-2009, 09:03 PM

Hahahaha. That was good.

Duncan21formvp
04-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Finals will be Spurs vs Magic

shortlunatic
04-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Sucks. I was hoping maybe KG would come back so rejuvinated that they would have a monster playoffs and upset LA. But all fantasies come to an end lol.

OldSchoolBBall
04-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Laker cakewalk to the title continues. First Jameer, then Manu, now KG. Now all we need is for Mo Williams to go down and every possible contender will be depleted with key injuries. :oldlol: Boston has even less than the 25-30% chance I gave them vs. LA now if they even get that far, which is doubtful.

B
04-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Laker cakewalk to the title continues. First Jameer, then Manu, now KG. Now all we need is for Mo Williams to go down and every possible contender will be depleted with key injuries. :oldlol: Boston has even less than the 25-30% chance I gave them vs. LA now if they even get that far, which is doubtful.Lakers had their problems with injuries last year, still may have some this year. You are not a Laker fan I'm guessing.

Back on Topic.
This is a BIG Problem for the Celtics, Doc is going to have to coach his ass off to get back to the finals.

All Net
04-17-2009, 01:27 AM
Laker cakewalk to the title continues. First Jameer, then Manu, now KG. Now all we need is for Mo Williams to go down and every possible contender will be depleted with key injuries. :oldlol: Boston has even less than the 25-30% chance I gave them vs. LA now if they even get that far, which is doubtful.

What goes around comes around I guess

People weren't moaning when Lakers were without Bynum and Ariza through the playoffs last year. Granted this is different but you can argue it was more easier for teams against L.A last year with two important pieces missing.

Bad shame for KG,Boston and the league in general.

rawimpact
04-17-2009, 01:50 AM
http://op-for.com/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

eric89
04-17-2009, 03:04 AM
http://op-for.com/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

you fail!
that's why some lakers fan are so hateful.:banghead:

mbell75
04-17-2009, 03:24 AM

Without Manu? Good luck :oldlol:

dirkdiggler41
04-17-2009, 04:37 AM
I belive its truely BS. Did any doctors confirm or KG himself? It sound like a lame trick

dnyk1337
04-17-2009, 04:42 AM

:roll: :roll: good one

Diesel J
04-17-2009, 04:55 AM
It sucks we won't get to see a great match up in the ECF like the WCF because of this injury. I like the Magic and all, but I just don't see them making it the most exciting series. Lakers Nuggets may be fun to watch though.

Lets not forget that the Spurs don't Manu either for the playoffs. The Spurs with a healthy Manu was considered the team that would challenge the Lakers. It's going to be pretty much a cakewalk for the Lakers out West.

dnyk1337
04-17-2009, 08:08 AM
It basically could have been the best playoffs of the last decade. Hell, you could even argue for the last 20 years because there were supposed to be so many great match-ups. Reemergence of the Bulls with rookie sensation Rose, and Wade having his best season, with the Cavs and Lakers making history, along with the Rockets losing TMac but going on strong and Nuggets with Billups, etc.

DuMa
04-17-2009, 10:42 AM
dan patrick on this morning's radio show had a reporter say, according to him, that KG's injury is career threatening. any more info on that?

TruthKGRay3412
04-17-2009, 11:12 AM
dan patrick on this morning's radio show had a reporter say, according to him, that KG's injury is career threatening. any more info on that?

Not career threatening..its not even a serious knee issue..he will require surgery to remove a bone spur like Ray Allen and other numerous players have had this done and went on to play without a problem(not a serious surgery) he can just rest the strained tendon..no tears.

Cabbage
04-17-2009, 11:13 AM
This is such BS. they are sitting him out for the first round because they know pierce and allen can handle the scoring load against chicago and davis and perkins are good enough post defenders against them. If he really was out it would be official. This is just another case of arrogance from a boston team trying to play mind games with their opponents instead of just ****ing playing.

You just watch, he'll be back for round two and the sports media will make a big story of the "comeback kid!"

Cabbage
04-17-2009, 11:15 AM

:roll: :roll: :oldlol: :oldlol: :lol :lol

JohnnySic
04-17-2009, 11:31 AM
This is such BS. they are sitting him out for the first round because they know pierce and allen can handle the scoring load against chicago and davis and perkins are good enough post defenders against them. If he really was out it would be official. This is just another case of arrogance from a boston team trying to play mind games with their opponents instead of just ****ing playing.

You just watch, he'll be back for round two and the sports media will make a big story of the "comeback kid!"
If this ends up being true it will be the greatest NBA moment of the decade. Shades of Red. :pimp:

tontoz
04-17-2009, 11:47 AM

This is such a ridiculous post. If Garnett was remotely capable of playing in the first round he would be playing. He has played only 4 games since Feb 22. He is messed up.

I am no fan of Boston or Garnett but get real. It has nothing to do with arrogance. They are holding out hope that he might return even though it appears unlikely.

oh the horror
04-17-2009, 12:02 PM

Denial is the first stage, then anger will come, then acceptance....

isnt that the way it goes?

browntown
04-17-2009, 12:08 PM
He'll come back in the middle of the 2nd round.

Cabbage
04-17-2009, 12:35 PM
This is such a ridiculous post. If Garnett was remotely capable of playing in the first round he would be playing. He has played only 4 games since Feb 22. He is messed up.

I am no fan of Boston or Garnett but get real. It has nothing to do with arrogance. They are holding out hope that he might return even though it appears unlikely.

The patriots do it every year with tom brady. They say he is injured but dont actually put him on IR. Then the season starts and he is fine. Same thing is happening with garnet. He'll be back either after the first round or if the celtics get into a tight series with the bulls. They are just trying to rest his knee long enough to return for the big time series.

tontoz
04-17-2009, 01:08 PM
The patriots do it every year with tom brady. They say he is injured but dont actually put him on IR. Then the season starts and he is fine. Same thing is happening with garnet. He'll be back either after the first round or if the celtics get into a tight series with the bulls. They are just trying to rest his knee long enough to return for the big time series.

What a horrible analogy. Comparing Brady sitting out preseason games to Garnett missing playoff games? :wtf:

Garnett has gotten bounced in the first round so many times there is no way they could keep him out of a playoff game if he was capable of playing.

All Net
04-17-2009, 02:56 PM

Keeping saying that if you want to believe that...fact is KG is hurt badly he wouldn't miss games if he wasn't.

Shaq-Fu
04-17-2009, 03:38 PM
I wonder what people would say if KG pulled a Paul Pierce?:lol He's not the type to fake injury, but it would make a pretty good story to see bring him out on a wheelchair only to jump up and announce he's ready to lead the Celtics to their second straight championship.

I hate the Celtics, but you never want to see a team without one of their key players. Hopefully their fans won't come up with a ton of excuses if they lose in the 1st or 2nd round.

rawimpact
04-17-2009, 09:09 PM
you fail!
that's why some lakers fan are so hateful.:banghead:
cry

bagelred
04-18-2009, 08:54 AM
KG talking to Knee Doctor......

KG "So Doc, listen, I want to play in the playoffs so badly! Is there any way my knee will heal quick enough?"

Doc thinking for a moment. Puts mouth right next to KG's ear.

Doctor "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

KG "I deserved that........."

bostonceltics00
04-18-2009, 09:01 AM
hes like the best player in the celtics!!!

sixerfan82
04-18-2009, 11:36 AM
he is the best player in the celtics!!!

I fixed that for you

amfirst
04-18-2009, 11:55 AM
The three teams I'm worry about now is Orlando, Cavs, and Portland.

snipes12
04-18-2009, 05:31 PM
http://images.sportsnetwork.com/bask/nba/icon/newyork/2005/marbury_stephon150.jpg

i feel the irony of this guy

LA_Showtime
04-18-2009, 05:40 PM
I'd like to see the Celtics go small and play Pierce at the four.

gyu
04-18-2009, 06:05 PM
http://images.sportsnetwork.com/bask/nba/icon/newyork/2005/marbury_stephon150.jpg

i feel the irony of this guy
I lol'd

ProfessorMurder
04-19-2009, 01:48 AM
I hate the Celtics, but you never want to see a team without one of their key players. Hopefully their fans won't come up with a ton of excuses if they lose in the 1st or 2nd round.

If Garnett doesn't come back, and they lose...

It'll be because he wasn't in the line up. End of story. They have a good team, and I would consider them my favorite. But I'm pretty sure they will not win a championship if he doesn't play.

Crash
04-19-2009, 09:40 AM
If Garnett doesn't come back, and they lose...

It'll be because he wasn't in the line up. End of story. They have a good team, and I would consider them my favorite. But I'm pretty sure they will not win a championship if he doesn't play.

Is it fair to assume that without him they should at least be able to make the finals and lose like LA did without Bynum?

LJJ
04-19-2009, 09:42 AM
Is it fair to assume that without him they should at least be able to make the finals and lose like LA did without Bynum?

No, that's retarded.

Skywalker
04-19-2009, 09:42 AM
um no.. maybe if LA did it without Kobe

LA_Showtime
04-19-2009, 02:13 PM
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1166587&srvc=sports&position=2

Kevin eyes a surgery date.