PDA

View Full Version : Jashaun Agosto future potential

tgan3
04-22-2009, 03:45 AM
Jashaun is a beast of nature. But can he make it into the NBA though? Is he future NBA material?

One thing that bothers me is his current height( He looks at maximum 5 feet ). He's 12 years old now. Although, his father is said to be 6'2 while his elder brother 6'5.

Jashaun can run under a mile under 5 minutes. He's projected Vo2 levels after puberty is said to exceed even Lance Armstrong. He also he works out 4 hours every day 7 days a week. He's work ethic is insane. UCLA tried to recruit him when he was 10.

Look at his youtube profile:
http://www.youtube.com/user/JayZilla25

It says he makes at least 50 free throws in a row a day. And he makes 250 free throw jumpers without missing 2 in a row.( If its real, thats insane even for a pro, much less a kid )

In practice he made 53 out of 63 three pointers around the world. With every day making at least 34 out of 44. That translates to more than 75% 3 pt percentage? Can I say Ray Allen?

Ive seen his youtube highlights and I can safely say this kid has the complete skillset. His shooting is phenomenal( as evidenced by the above stats ). Ive seen how he can make plays for himself and his teammates. Never forcing the issue when he cant. How he uses his advanced dribbling skill and quickness to blow pass defenders, how he uses screens. How already he has a basketball IQ at a young age to make the right play. How he stays in front of his man diligently without gambling for the steal. How he hustles and postions for rebounds( He gets rebounds even though his small ). How he always seems to know where to be and what to do on the court.

And my favourite quote from his profile:

"Jashaun doesn't want to be the next Kobe....He wants to be better than Kobe and his other favorite players Allen Iverson and Chris Paul."

We'll be seeing alot of this kid in the future.

snipes12
04-22-2009, 03:56 AM
employee at wal mart

dab0yech0
04-22-2009, 04:05 AM
I remember watching a clip of him on the news. This kid is insane. What other kid at 11 years old, grows up playing against guys like Washington's Isiah Thomas and a NBA player in Jamal Crawford

LJJ
04-22-2009, 04:27 AM
He looks very short for a 12 year old.

S13M
04-22-2009, 06:11 AM
Overrated

pete's montreux
04-22-2009, 06:31 AM
I watched half the video and he shot every layup from the left side with his right hand. That's about all he has to work since it looks like he's got everything else down.

What about his free throw line dunks? Are they any good?

RoseCity07
04-22-2009, 06:42 AM
None of that fancy dribbling and two hand shooting is going to get him any where. Wait until he makes it on a high school team first.

He has to learn to play the game and learn how to shoot. His arms and hands are too small, and too weak for him to learn to properly shoot a basketball.

He needs to keep working though.

tgan3
04-22-2009, 08:06 AM
I watched half the video and he shot every layup from the left side with his right hand. That's about all he has to work since it looks like he's got everything else down.

What about his free throw line dunks? Are they any good?

He does layup from the right side too. As for using only his right hand( I dont think its such a big problem at his age, I only learned to be ambidextrous in basketball at 18 and doing fine )

as for the second comment. U got to be kidding me..

tgan3
04-22-2009, 08:21 AM
None of that fancy dribbling and two hand shooting is going to get him any where. Wait until he makes it on a high school team first.

He has to learn to play the game and learn how to shoot. His arms and hands are too small, and too weak for him to learn to properly shoot a basketball.

He needs to keep working though.

Okay I see what you mean by "two hand shooting", I think it is probably due to the fact that he's too small thus having to shoot 2 hands. Though I dont think it affects his game much. Hes a phenomenal shooter( Look at his stats ). He still has plenty of time to change his shooting. Even then, look at Marion, he has some ugly ass shooting technique that definetly wouldn't be endorsed by coaches but its effective.

As for fancy dribbling. Jashaun doesn't dribbles excessively or unneccessary. If you want some fancy dribbling, type marquise walker ( That kid is good too but seems inspired by AND1 rather then NBA ).

Jashaun's dribbling drills are fundamental aspects of the game( He's the point guard so dribbling is a huge aspect ). There's a coach that ive seen on an online forum that posted even some high school kids cant even do the drills properly, taking weeks to perfect it while Jashaun has already mastered it.

RoseCity07
04-22-2009, 09:03 AM
My point is there are too many unknowns. No idea how tall he'll end up being, how big his hands are going to be, whether his foot work will be good. Yes guards have to have good foot work to get to the hoop and leave off the right foot.

Best thing he has going for him is his handles. Those should carry over as he gets older. He still has too much to learn. He basically has a head start over kids his age but has just as much chance as anyone as making it to the NBA.

tgan3
08-15-2009, 02:23 AM
If he grows up to at least 6 feet. From the way he is playing, I would say the next Chris Paul.

G.O.A.T
08-15-2009, 02:34 AM
I like the way Trier's parents and coaches are handling it, denying interviews and apparences, I don't think it's wrong to do it, but it does create unrealsistic outside expectations. I can make 50 straight free throws every day, there is so much more that goes into being a NBA star beyond anyones control.

K.Koscik
08-15-2009, 02:48 AM
Gonna be honest, seen the kid play in real life, and not amazingly impressed. Stamina is great but he's not lightening quick, he's small, and he's weak.

And he wasn't even playing against a good team.

A good fundamentally sound player when it comes to anticipation, shooting, and dribbling, but he doesn't have an amazing first step or court speed. His basketball IQ is decent though.

ScottStuart
08-15-2009, 03:14 AM
Gonna be honest, seen the kid play in real life, and not amazingly impressed. Stamina is great but he's not lightening quick, he's small, and he's weak.

And he wasn't even playing against a good team.

A good fundamentally sound player when it comes to anticipation, shooting, and dribbling, but he doesn't have an amazing first step or court speed. His basketball IQ is decent though.

He's 12

allball
08-15-2009, 03:33 AM
He's 12

I see what he's saying and there are 12 years old that have that. I've seen a lot of footage of him and he's a good player but I have seen several kids that are better overall players.

in fact the kid that played PG at my son's middle school team was 12 last year and i guarantee you he would have eaten this kid alive. he's a shorter kid too but he's a better player and he isn't hyped up on youtube by his dad. people who are not involved in AAU ball I can understand being impressed but there are other kids who work just as hard with better skills.

I dont know what his future holds though but he's not the best 12 year old PG in the country.

K.Koscik
08-15-2009, 04:01 AM
He's 12

Fantastic. And there's 12 year olds in california, and chicago, and florida that are dunking and shooting and are faster and quicker and smarter than this kid.

What is your point? Would you like to make one?

HighFlyer23
08-15-2009, 04:15 AM
future GOAT ...

RoseCity07
08-15-2009, 04:36 AM
Doubt he will become anything if he doesn't crack 6 feet tall.

momo
08-15-2009, 04:45 AM
Fantastic. And there's 12 year olds in california, and chicago, and florida that are dunking and shooting and are faster and quicker and smarter than this kid.

Jeez, 12 yrs old and dunking... That is fcuking with my mind at the moment.

ScottStuart
08-15-2009, 05:06 AM

ya, dude said he's small, weak and not quick, and I said he's 12 as in give him a break, he's 12. That's gonna come with time since he's you know...12. You gonna use the fact that he can't dunk against him? He prolly aint even hit puberty yet.

lukeridnour08
08-15-2009, 06:14 AM
Im actually friends w/ someone who's son plays in the same league as this kid.

He said he is definetly one of the better players in the league but there is a few others that are better.

He said theres a 7th grader that is almost 6' and he is dunking in games and whatnot.

Seattle areas got some crazy talent

KB2clutch
08-15-2009, 08:36 AM
check out perry dozier, think he's about the same age, much taller, skills more refined and looks much more impressive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKlWfnsGFX0