PDA

View Full Version : Official offseason thread

Pages : [1] 2

jailer
04-23-2009, 04:17 AM
I thought this would be easier than everyone posting random threads.

I think the grizz need to bring in a vetran ex allstar swingman to coach rudy and o.j. through these first years. How would everyone feel on maybe getting a guy like vince carter?

gasolina
04-23-2009, 03:54 PM
veteran ex allstar swingman

I would prefer a veteran swingman roleplayer who can shoot and defend. Stabilize our 2nd unit backcourt. Our 2nd unit backcourt = worst in the L

SF - Ross
SG - Buckner
PG - Jaric

Kebab Stall
04-24-2009, 05:37 AM
If we can't get a decent PF in the draft, then I think we should make a run at someone like David Lee.

Carter would ask for way too much and wouldn't be of much use. I don't want to waste money on him.

After getting a decent PF, either through the draft, FA or from trading, we should look to improve our bench with some experienced players. Like gasolina said, we have a terrible bench, especially at the 1,2 and 3. Miles is good as 3rd string SF/PF kind of player, but we desperately need some stronger players off the bench.

Mississippi
04-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Ross, Buck & D. Miles will all probably be gone. We need to add shooters and energy players. Right now I'm hoping for Paul Millsap if we don't get Blake Griffin or Thabeet.

Kebab Stall
04-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Ross, Buck & D. Miles will all probably be gone. We need to add shooters and energy players. Right now I'm hoping for Paul Millsap if we don't get Blake Griffin or Thabeet.
Utah will be resigning either Boozer or Millsap, I doubt that they'll sign both, so we should try and get which ever one they don't resign.

Boozer would provide some leadership and some much needed experience. He's an excellent player and will provide this team with some strong rebounding. Also, it's not as if Booz is old either, he is still only 27.

Millsap doesn't have as much experience as Booz, but he's young and very talented. He had 16 straight double doubles this season before going down with an injury, causing him to miss 3 games and then he came back and got another 3 straight double doubles. That's basically 19 straight double doubles. Bottom line, the guy is good.

However, if Hollins wants to run more, then I think Lee would be a better fit for this team.

If we get any one of those 3 guys though, I'll be happy.

jailer
04-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Vince carter was just an example of the type of player I want. I want mayo and gay to be able to look up to someone with exp on our bench. Sorry but buckner shouldnt be that guy. I mean I wouldnt mind finley, carter, hill, someone of that caliber.

As for boozer.Dont want him he is actually 28 and he is injury prone.The ast two seasons he has had problems. Not to mention the type of contracy he will want.The jazz will push hard for milsap and he will probably stay. They knw that boozer is not worth the money especially when you have a good backup in place for him thats alot cheaper.

We need a fresh new talented bench. A better backup at every position besides the pf spot.

Mississippi
04-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Thoughts on Rudy possibly playing the 4 next year? I think we should use our first pick and draft the best player available whether it's Rubio or Harden and then trade them for something useful.

Kebab Stall
04-26-2009, 07:01 AM
Boozer is actually 27, he'll be 28 later this year. If we got him, I'd be happy, he may be injury prone, but he is a huge improvement over Hak and Arthur. I'd rather have Millsap though, he's younger and has shown a lot of promise, but I assume that Utah will resign due to the same reasons.

Villanueva, Lee, Millsap and Boozer >>> Hak and Arthur

I'd be happy with any of those 4.

Rudy playing the 4 doesn't exactly excite me. He's not strong enough nor big enough (weight wise) to play against other power forwards. We need a PF that is going to rebound and is tough. Rudy is a good rebounder for a SF, but not great. We need rebounding and inside presence, Rudy doesn't bring that.

Mississippi
04-26-2009, 09:43 AM
No thanks to Villanueva. We don't need another chucker in the lineup.

Kebab Stall
04-26-2009, 10:34 AM
No thanks to Villanueva. We don't need another chucker in the lineup.
I'd much rather have Charlie V on this team than Hak or Arthur.

berraco
04-26-2009, 01:19 PM
I'd love to have David Lee, but I think New York will match any offer for him in the MLE, which is what David is worth IMO.
For our bench, I think players like Donyel Marshall or Walter Hermann would fit perfectly as the veterans we need and improve our bench.

jailer
04-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Charlie V is good. But he tends to think its him vs the world out there. I like lee aswell but he is not a good defender. He is ok as a helpside defender. He is also a great rebounder. I still would much rather have milsap over all the rest.

brandonislegend
04-27-2009, 10:59 AM
I'd much rather have Charlie V on this team than Hak or Arthur.

Don't sleep on Arthur...

Kebab Stall
04-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Out of the 4 PF's mentioned, this is the order in which I would like to have them on the Grizzlies,

1. Millsap

2. Boozer
3. Lee
4. Charlie V

Millsap is the obvious number 1 here. Boozer is getting older (still only 27 though), Lee isn't a great defender and Charlie V isn't that great of a rebounder. Millsap is young, a solid defender, a good rebounder and would be a good fit for this team.

berraco
04-27-2009, 04:43 PM
I personally have a bias for David Lee (I love his hustle), but I can agree that Millsap would be the best fit in Memphis.

jailer
04-27-2009, 04:56 PM
The player that the grizz wants has to fit into their rebuilding plan. Which means that they have to be a certain age and have a good amount of potential. I think the two players that fall into that category are milsap and lee.

When I said an ex-allstar player. I didnt mean that I wanted that player to come in and start.I was saying that I want them to be a role player and a someone these kids can look up to on and off the court.

Mississippi
04-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Is Hak a goner?

marqui78
04-28-2009, 01:12 PM
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705300151/Utah-Jazz-Boozer-vanishes-in-Game-5.html?pg=1

Apparently Boozer leaning toward staying in Utah.

jailer
04-29-2009, 02:56 AM
Is Hak a goner?

Its not certain yet. Depending on free agency and the draft will determine gis future hear.

Rose
04-30-2009, 12:44 AM
If you don't get David Lee, why not try for Paul Millsap he's an amazing rebounder/defender. He could develop some offense and for a wing you could try and offer CDR a better contract than the one Jersey is giving him.

jailer
04-30-2009, 01:40 AM
If you don't get David Lee, why not try for Paul Millsap he's an amazing rebounder/defender. He could develop some offense and for a wing you could try and offer CDR a better contract than the one Jersey is giving him.

I would rather have milsap than lee. Your preaching to the choir.

Rose
04-30-2009, 11:32 PM
I would rather have milsap than lee. Your preaching to the choir.

Haha sweet! glad to see there's someone else that is

Jman2108
05-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Does anybody think the griz should go out and get another coach? Or are they fully committed to Hollins? I mean, he has done a good job since he has returned and Conley has DEFINITELY improved...
:confusedshrug:

berraco
05-03-2009, 02:15 PM
for me Hollins is not good enough for the future, but I have to admit that he has done a good job these months, better than I expected at least.
I'm not so sure who could be the best guy to coach these kids, though.

Rose
05-03-2009, 02:36 PM
I say wait and see, the players seem to be more committed. and Conley WAYYYYYYYY improved. Sadly I still think that Gay Or Mayo has to go because they just don't work well together. But maybe Hollins can make them mesh.

jailer
05-03-2009, 06:33 PM
We will have to wait and see. I think hollins should be allowed to get at least one full season. And if he is able to win over 30 games. Then he should get at least another year. But if he dosent make the playoffs that year then he needs to go.

Kebab Stall
05-04-2009, 06:58 AM
Hollins' contract has 1 year left on it, so he'll be here next season. He should definitly be allowed 1 full season. I hope he can get atleast 30 wins out of these guys, he managed to get them all playing well at the end of this season, so he should be able to atleast get something out of them next season.

If we get a good draft pick, a couple of decent trades and sign some experienced players, then we should be able to get 30-35 wins.

Jman2108
05-04-2009, 09:34 AM
I have two free agent ideas. How about the griz go after Rodney Carney? He can be a good role player of the bench and since he is a local guy, it could help sell tickets. Also, the griz need to keep an eye on what the jazz do. They have Boozer who could opt out and milsap who is an restricted free agent. They can't keep both. Can they?:confusedshrug:

jailer
05-04-2009, 03:52 PM
I have two free agent ideas. How about the griz go after Rodney Carney? He can be a good role player of the bench and since he is a local guy, it could help sell tickets. Also, the griz need to keep an eye on what the jazz do. They have Boozer who could opt out and milsap who is an restricted free agent. They can't keep both. Can they?:confusedshrug:

Yeah I was thinking about carney as well. But I am not sold on him yet. He was my fav player at memphis. And I think he is an upgrade over buckner and ross. Except he is not as expierenced. We could get him cheap. And I dont think we will know our chances with boozer and milsap until the playoffs are over.

jailer
05-06-2009, 02:44 AM
Ok so I thought it would be fun for everyone to post their opinon on the what they want the grizz to do in the off season. Then the rest of us could grade that posters suggestions.

So for arguments sake we will say that the lottery has no surprises and the grizz get the 6th pick. We will use the mock draft from www.nbadraft.net to determine players taken.

Ok so with the 6th pick the grizz have a decision here. I like earl clark. But I think they need to take the best player available. So I would take James Harden.

Then with the 27th pick I would take jrue holiday. But I honestly dont think he would be available. Or I would take omir casspi that guy is gonna be a beast.

With the 35th pick I would take dionte christmas.

Now I would try and send darrel arthur and a future second round pick for a late future first rounder. I dont think he is good enough to take time away from the rest of the team.

Ok now in the offseason I put forth my first effort into signing paul milsap. I then resign Hakim warrik. I would let ross and miles walk. I would buy out or try and send jaric away in that deal with arthur. I would also most likely buy out buckner.

I would then try and maybe go after luther head or maybe desmond mason. Chris anderson and Anderson Verajo I also like Chris Wilcox. They would also be on my list.

Ok so this would be my team for next season.

pg: Conley, Holiday, Head
sg: Mayo, Harden,
sf: Gay, Christmas
Pf: Milsap, Warrik, Wilcox
C: Gasol, Millic, Haddadi.

Reserves would most likely be buckner and jaric unless I could move them. Also Luther head would play both guard spots. And Dionte Christmas would play the sf and sg if needed.

I think this team would be competitive and would have a nice blend of up and coming talent with some vetrans.They could definitely win at least 30 games. What do you guys think.

gasolina
05-06-2009, 12:15 PM
It's kinda hard to think Grizzlies with the PO's going on, but it seems all of you guys are severely underrating our team.

We had 3, count em 3, freakin rookies in our starting lineup. We had 1/2 of Mike Conley's season wasted by Iavaroni, and we don't have a bench backcourt.

I would really like some glue guys on the team. Problem is, our two best players, Mayo and Gay, play the best position to stick a glue guy in.

jailer
05-12-2009, 03:38 PM
The grizz are holding a three day mini camp to try out free agents. Among them is ex-grizzly player Michael Dickerson. Here is an article about the situation.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/may/12/ex-griz-michael-dickerson-health-six-years-after-i/

Kebab Stall
05-12-2009, 04:10 PM
There's also a video up on the Grizzlies official site about the free agent mini camp, it's only about 1 and half mins or something.

gasolina
05-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Would love to have him back. He's a good guy and a good player. He'd do wonders off the bench as the only primary backup guard. (Let OJ play point when Conley goes to the bench) Plus, he shoots the three really good, one thing we really lack.

jailer
05-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Yeah but he is 34 and his exp does not match his age.

gasolina
05-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Yeah but he is 34 and his exp does not match his age.

True, but the same can be said about GH (albeit its a reach as high as the moon). I always believed that ones prime is from 29-32, where the body height meets with the bb iq's height. Dickerson's body is literally quite young if it had 6 years of rest.

It seems the whole setback made his resolve stronger and made him mentally tough. A normal person would've just thrown the towel.

Hope he does well in camp and if he does, we pick him up

BigSims2108
05-14-2009, 11:31 AM
I think the griz should buy out Jaric, Mihm, Wilks, and Buckner's contracts and to out and get a mixture of young talent and veteran players to help the young players develop. That way, while we are improving our bench, we get veteran leadership to help players like Conley, O.J., and Rudy improve their game as a team than having a 1 on 1 offense like O.J. and Rudy, and Conley sometimes does.

jailer
05-15-2009, 02:10 AM
I think the griz should buy out Jaric, Mihm, Wilks, and Buckner's contracts and to out and get a mixture of young talent and veteran players to help the young players develop. That way, while we are improving our bench, we get veteran leadership to help players like Conley, O.J., and Rudy improve their game as a team than having a 1 on 1 offense like O.J. and Rudy, and Conley sometimes does.

I agree with most of this but I need to update you on some stuff. Mihm and wilks are no longer under contract. So we dont have to buy them out. I agree with buying out the rest. But jaric would take a big buy out. And buckner has a player option so I am not sure how that works.

I think that dickerson would be ok. I mean he cant be any worse that ross or buckner.

Mississippi
05-15-2009, 03:36 PM
No use in waisting our money on a player like Dickerson who's been out of the league for years now. We need an experience player that who's been through it all. (playoffs & etc.) We need a whole new bench especially if Hak isn't resigned and Darko decides he wants to leave. Some names that will help us tremendously include:

ZaZa Pachulia-Tough big man who has playoff experience and is a great rebounder.

Wally Szczerbiak-We really need a three point shooter and we could possibly get him for cheap. We're a young team but we need some veteran players like Wally.

Brandon Bass-High energy big man. Would make a good replacement for Hak if he isn't resigned.

Linas Kleiza-The guy can score quickly in bunches and we need a scorer off the bench when Rudy and OJ are out of the game.

Jarret Jack-Jack was one of league's most improved players and took over the starting pg spot from TJ Ford. Adding another potential starter would only make Conley work even harder at improving his game.

Steve Novak-Lights out shooter

Trevor Ariza-Another high energy player who would be a nice asset off of the bench backing Rudy.

Charlie V-I think he'd seek a large contract but we really need a front court scorer but he doesn't really put us over the hump. Not a big fan of his but he could be solid coming off the bench.

Kareem Rush-Another lights out shooter

Matt Barnes-Pretty much the same as Ariza but will probably be cheaper.

Channing Frye-He went from a starter in NY to a benchwarmer in Portland. I think with consistent minutes he could be the same player he was while with the Knicks.

Anthony Parker-AP showed his versatility when Calderon went down and he had to play the point guard for a couple of games. He filled the stat sheet up. His leadership and experience would a great addition.

Morris Almond-I really think this guy just needs a chance. I've seen this on several occasions where I player never really was given a chance and then went to another team and succeeded. He's a good shooter.

jailer
05-15-2009, 04:17 PM
To mississippi I actually wanted rush this past season. I like klieza as well as ariza and frye.

I just read that josh howard is going to be on the trading block. I would rather have him and moyo playing together than rudy gay and mayo. Anyone feel the same or have thoughts on the possibility of trading for josh howard.

Mississippi
05-15-2009, 07:06 PM
I recently read that the front office didn't like the effect that Darius Miles was having on Mayo with his off the court lifestyle so I doubt they would trade for a guy who has a history of staying in trouble as well and plus he's 29 and often injured. No thanks.

Maniak
05-16-2009, 10:24 AM
I like Bass and/or Barnes coming to this team.

Moving Gay for someone who can allow Mayo to open his game up more is an awesome idea too.

And I wish we could get either Rubio or Griffin in this draft. A guy can dream....

BigSims2108
05-17-2009, 12:11 AM
Unless Rudy starts to develop a lesser role and the Griz go out and build a strong bench and a physical PF, the griz will always be where they are right now. So moving Rudy is something I don't want to see happen, but you got to do what you have to do.

jailer
05-17-2009, 03:14 AM
Wow I didnt know that howard had just turned 29. I thought he was like 26. I forgot that he came in the league all those years ago and he was a senior.

Interminator
05-17-2009, 11:53 AM
I like Bass and/or Barnes coming to this team.

Moving Gay for someone who can allow Mayo to open his game up more is an awesome idea too.

And I wish we could get either Rubio or Griffin in this draft. A guy can dream....
Once again when the hell did you become a Grizzlies fan?

Overnight bandwagoner.:no:

Interminator
05-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Unless Rudy starts to develop a lesser role and the Griz go out and build a strong bench and a physical PF, the griz will always be where they are right now. So moving Rudy is something I don't want to see happen, but you got to do what you have to do.
That all depends on the contract extension talks, this is what caused trade rumors throughout last summer with Okafor,Gordon,Ellis,Biedrins,Smith,and others.

We want to get Rudy signed to a contract extension but it would have to be convenient for us and for him, there is no way we offer the MAX to Rudy.

I like a 4/$44 Million Dollar Extension for Rudy starting at the end of next season, but he might view a chance at cashing in in 2010 due to the amount of teams clearing cap room.

Only 1 team can land LeBron, but some team will be willing to make a promising 24 year old SF as their Franchise player in order to spend the money they had saved for that summer.

If we trade Rudy hopefully its for Chris Bosh, I dont believe the hype of him leaving in FA to go to a bigger market because Bosh has never striked me as a guy who needs the spotlight of a big city like New York.

Interminator
05-17-2009, 12:04 PM
I recently read that the front office didn't like the effect that Darius Miles was having on Mayo with his off the court lifestyle so I doubt they would trade for a guy who has a history of staying in trouble as well and plus he's 29 and often injured. No thanks.
What?

Darius got booked for weed, after the season was over.

OJ got booked for weed during his Sr year of High School.

I just hope that the Grizzlies FO is not falling for the "OJ is such a good high character young man....He grew up poor ya know" story that USC fell for when we signed him.

OJ does what he wants to do, I dont think anyone's off the court lifestyle affects OJ Mayo personally.

jailer
05-17-2009, 05:33 PM
I would like to get ariza or von wafer as well.

BigSims2108
05-22-2009, 12:12 PM
I just thought of something. If the griz want to take a swing and try to sign David Lee, they should give it a try. I mean, if the Knicks want to go after Lebron and Bosh in 2010, they pretty much need Lee to go. Know what I'm saying?

Kebab Stall
05-22-2009, 12:19 PM
I just thought of something. If the griz want to take a swing and try to sign David Lee, they should give it a try. I mean, if the Knicks want to go after Lebron and Bosh in 2010, they pretty much need Lee to go. Know what I'm saying?
If we can't get a decent big through the draft, then sure, we should take a run at him.

jailer
05-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Yeah I agree. There is no point in making a trade for lee or any of the other pf's that are restricted free agents. We have the most money and most of the pf's( Lee, Milsap, and Villenueva) are all on teams that wont be able to match offers.

BigSims2108
05-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Yeah I agree. There is no point in making a trade for lee or any of the other pf's that are restricted free agents. We have the most money and most of the pf's( Lee, Milsap, and Villenueva) are all on teams that wont be able to match offers.

Here's another question we should ask ourselves. Do we want a scoring and rebounding PF or a defensive PF? Because those PFs that can do both are all-stars. (some of them...)

jailer
05-24-2009, 09:47 PM
Rudy and mayo are our main scoring options. We need a power forward who can get boards and keep guards from getting easy lay ups in the paint.

BigSims2108
05-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Rudy and mayo are our main scoring options. We need a power forward who can get boards and keep guards from getting easy lay ups in the paint.

Agreed. I'm glad we are on the same page!:cheers:

Kebab Stall
05-25-2009, 05:21 AM
We definitly need a rebounding and defending PF.

The Grizz are one of the worst rebounding teams in the league (if I am remembering right). I'm sure everyone got excited when Arthur went out and got 15 boards in his first game and then 10 boards in his second game. I for one was thinking maybe we got ourself a gem here, but it didn't workout like that. If we keep him, then I think he can develop a bit more, he's got the foundations to build a somewhat respectable game, he just needs to build on that and grow.

But, he should not be our first option, we need someone much better and then we can bring Arthur off the bench.

BigSims2108
05-25-2009, 01:39 PM
We definitly need a rebounding and defending PF.

The Grizz are one of the worst rebounding teams in the league (if I am remembering right). I'm sure everyone got excited when Arthur went out and got 15 boards in his first game and then 10 boards in his second game. I for one was thinking maybe we got ourself a gem here, but it didn't workout like that. If we keep him, then I think he can develop a bit more, he's got the foundations to build a somewhat respectable game, he just needs to build on that and grow.

But, he should not be our first option, we need someone much better and then we can bring Arthur off the bench.

Yeah dude, you are remembering right. Trust me, I watched almost every game this past season and our rebounding has gotten only SLIGHTLY better since Marc got here. He's pretty much the only one who is going up for rebounds. Let's think of this. Lee is a dbl-dbl guy, but he doesn't play defense. Boozer, who I think is going to Detroit anyway, is also a dbl-dbl guy, but his defense still needs a little work. Maybe of all the free agents we should take a run at first is probably Millsap. It might be like Deja vu with Josh Smith of last year, but it's worth a shot. Then we should get a veteran back up point guard like Brevin Knight or Anthony Johnson to help Conley develop and go from there. Thoughts?

jailer
05-25-2009, 02:41 PM
I have been saying we needed milsap since he season ended. Im still thinking about who we need to back up conley. Ofcourse we really want know which way were headed until draft night.

If we trade up for griffin then we wont need to sign a pf. If we dont than are main concern will be a pf. We wont need to worry about a back up pg.

BigSims2108
05-26-2009, 11:25 AM
If Rubio decides to stay in Europe, I think we should just take the best available and take Thabeet. As for our other pick, Hansbrough is more of a back up SF or PF. He's like an upgrade to Darrell Arthur. From what i've seen, he could drop our way, but we would have to move Darrell if that happened. Looks like we have to get our PF through free agency. I personally think we should go after these players in this order.
1. Millsap
2. Boozer (If the Pistons or Thunder don't have him by then)
3. David Lee
4. Villineueva
Let's see what Chris Wallace does. I hope Heisley stays out of the offseason plans and let Wallace handle this. What do y'all think?

jailer
05-26-2009, 03:03 PM
I just want us to be active

Interminator
05-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Milsap.

Hopefully we can get him for 5/$35 Million because I'm sure Detroit will make a bigger offer if they lose out on Boozer.

jailer
05-26-2009, 06:21 PM
The contract that im thinking feels a little more fool proof. 4 years with a player option at a little over 10 million a year.

It seems like alot but it will ge him here.

BigSims2108
05-27-2009, 02:45 PM
The contract that im thinking feels a little more fool proof. 4 years with a player option at a little over 10 million a year.

It seems like alot but it will ge him here.

How about we offer all PF's we want to go after the same contract we offered Josh Smith last year? Starting with Millsap. Somebody refresh me on what that was? I believe it was like 5 year, $ 57 mil? Around there?

Kebab Stall
05-27-2009, 04:01 PM
How about we offer all PF's we want to go after the same contract we offered Josh Smith last year? Starting with Millsap. Somebody refresh me on what that was? I believe it was like 5 year, $ 57 mil? Around there?
All I know is that it was a pretty weak offer. Simply for the fact, that Atlanta could match any offer that was offered to Smith. So Memphis gave him a pretty weak offer so that Atlanta could easily match it. Kind of like Memphis giving Atlanta a break, it also keeps Memphis in Atlanta's good books leaving the doors open for potential trades/transactions in the future. It was purely a business move and nothing more.

jailer
05-27-2009, 05:15 PM
We shouldnt pay over 50 something million unless its boozer.

BigSims2108
05-29-2009, 10:24 AM
We shouldnt pay over 50 something million unless its boozer.

Though getting a PF is our #1 priority,(it should be, idk what is going on in the mind of Heisley), are there any players that stick out to y'all that we could use as veteran players off the bench? Because if there is one thing the griz lack is also veteran leadership.

jailer
05-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Though getting a PF is our #1 priority,(it should be, idk what is going on in the mind of Heisley), are there any players that stick out to y'all that we could use as veteran players off the bench? Because if there is one thing the griz lack is also veteran leadership.

What kind of player did you want? A banger or a finess player? I like chris wilcox he is an aggressive big man wo boards well and attacks the paint. Then there is a vet like tony battie who can shoot a little and has sneaky post moves that allow him to be effective in spurts, but I wouldnt have him start.

BigSims2108
05-29-2009, 06:45 PM
What kind of player did you want? A banger or a finess player? I like chris wilcox he is an aggressive big man wo boards well and attacks the paint. Then there is a vet like tony battie who can shoot a little and has sneaky post moves that allow him to be effective in spurts, but I wouldnt have him start.

Well, I may have sounded pretty crazy on that last reply. My point is I just want to see the griz at LEAST try to get a big name player in the free agent market or through trade. That's all. But then again, i'm only 18. What do I know?:confusedshrug:

Kebab Stall
05-30-2009, 04:06 AM
I don't think we're going to sign any big name player any time soon. We have Gay and Mayo, who, if they can mature their attitudes and games, should be fine for us. But, we need a respectable PF to keep the defense honest. We don't need a top notch PF just yet, we already have a couple of talented players, we just need a defensive/rebounding PF that can bang in the paint.

Mississippi
05-30-2009, 10:41 AM
The Knicks, according to speculation, also expressed interest in acquiring center Darko Milicic in a deal that could possibly include Quentin Richardson, whose $9.3 million contract expires after the 2009-10 season. Milicic will earn $7.5 million this upcoming season -- the last of a three-year, $21 million deal.

Kebab Stall
05-30-2009, 10:52 AM
The Knicks, according to speculation, also expressed interest in acquiring center Darko Milicic in a deal that could possibly include Quentin Richardson, whose $9.3 million contract expires after the 2009-10 season. Milicic will earn $7.5 million this upcoming season -- the last of a three-year, $21 million deal.
Where did you read this?

If this is true maybe we could use this to trade down or would allow us to take Thabeet. Though I would assume that NY would want Rubio.

Mississippi
05-30-2009, 11:09 AM
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/may/30/griz-look-at-options-for-draft/

BigSims2108
06-01-2009, 02:30 PM
How about we all make a list of the Top 5 free agents the griz should go after?

jailer
06-01-2009, 03:12 PM
I wouldnt want q-rich at this point. He used to be a good swing man. If we are drafting thabeet and need to move millic and thats are only option then I would do it. Otherwise I would'nt.

BigSims2108
06-01-2009, 06:26 PM
I wouldnt want q-rich at this point. He used to be a good swing man. If we are drafting thabeet and need to move millic and thats are only option then I would do it. Otherwise I would'nt.

Well Q's contract is $8,685,500 per
Darko's contract is $7,020,000 per

I don't know much about expiring contracts, but if the knicks are looking for expiring contracts, it wouldn't make much sense for them to have Q as part of the package. If they want to make a run @ Lebron after next season, they need all the money they can get, right?:banghead:

Can someone explain this to me, please?

jailer
06-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Well Q's contract is $8,685,500 per
Darko's contract is $7,020,000 per

I don't know much about expiring contracts, but if the knicks are looking for expiring contracts, it wouldn't make much sense for them to have Q as part of the package. If they want to make a run @ Lebron after next season, they need all the money they can get, right?:banghead:

Can someone explain this to me, please?

Darko is an ok big man. And would be more effective than their current roster of centers. Q-rich is not really in the rotation for d'antonis system. He can shoot still but isnt that effective at the run'n' gun style. He was traded from the suns because of the coach. They admittedly dont fit well together. Mike likes to put him on the wings and rich like to post up.

BigSims2108
06-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Darko is an ok big man. And would be more effective than their current roster of centers. Q-rich is not really in the rotation for d'antonis system. He can shoot still but isnt that effective at the run'n' gun style. He was traded from the suns because of the coach. They admittedly dont fit well together. Mike likes to put him on the wings and rich like to post up.

Is he really the kind of guy we need? I doubt he'd be cool backing up Rudy or OJ.

jailer
06-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Is he really the kind of guy we need? I doubt he'd be cool backing up Rudy or OJ.

I dont really want q-rich. Infact I dont want him at all. I was just answering the question.

BigSims2108
06-02-2009, 06:47 PM
I dont really want q-rich. Infact I dont want him at all. I was just answering the question.

Oh I know. I wasn't trying to offend you or anything like that. I don't want Q either.

jailer
06-03-2009, 02:00 AM
Oh I know. I wasn't trying to offend you or anything like that. I don't want Q either.

No offense taken. Were on the same page apparently.

BigSims2108
06-03-2009, 12:24 PM
No offense taken. Were on the same page apparently.

Yeah, I have a bunch of reasons of why we shouldn't want him. He doesn't have any passion, he seems to be past his prime, and if he doesn't want to play for a great coach like Mike D'antoni, what makes you think he will play here? It might be best if he goes over seas or goes to a team that will accept the way he plays. I think i'd rather trade for J.J. Redick than that guy.:roll:

Interminator
06-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Whats with the Q-Dog hate?

BigSims2108
06-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Whats with the Q-Dog hate?

Yeah, I may have said a little too much about him. He may not be past his prime, but if he didn't play in New York, what makes people think he will play here?

That's just the same injustice when it comes to Memphis trying to get better. How are they going to get any better if nobody wants to come here?:confusedshrug:

jailer
06-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Q-rich dosent fit the team's main priority in players wanted either. He is to old

BigSims2108
06-05-2009, 05:01 PM
If we were to go after Milsap, how big should the contract be?

jailer
06-06-2009, 01:41 AM
If we were to go after Milsap, how big should the contract be?

I think 10.5 million a year would be the highest. Maybe four year deal and a player option.

BigSims2108
06-06-2009, 08:32 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3015

here is Millsap's profile. Think about it again. Do we really want to pay a guy who is 6-8 10.5 a year? I mean, i've seen this guy play. He's got potential, but is it worth the risk?

veilside23
06-06-2009, 10:29 PM
i'd rather have arthur.. i know millsap is great but arthur has a bigger upside i think.

jailer
06-06-2009, 11:41 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3015

here is Millsap's profile. Think about it again. Do we really want to pay a guy who is 6-8 10.5 a year? I mean, i've seen this guy play. He's got potential, but is it worth the risk?

Paul milsap is a double double machine. He kept utah afloat when boozer was out. I didnt say pay him that much. I said that would be the most I would offer. I would try and give him around nine miilion a year.

Kebab Stall
06-07-2009, 06:03 AM
In order for us to keep Arthur, he would have to learn how to rebound, how to utilise the low post (whether that be developing a few simple spin moves or making cuts from high to low), learn how to set solid screens and develop a respectable mid-range game, learn how to defend both the low post and out to the arc.

Right now, non of this stuff is respectable in Arthur's game, it gets him by, but it's not respectable. His mid-range shot is probably the only tool he has going for him, which he rarely uses. He can run the floor extremely well for a guy his size, but if that's all he's got, then we can ship him out right now.

Maybe I'm being too harsh on him, because he really disappointed this year, but he is in no way worthy of a starting spot on this team and if we get Millsap, he'd be third string behind Millsap and Warrick (that's if we don't trade Warrick).

brandonislegend
06-07-2009, 05:22 PM
Arthur is going to be nice imo.

jailer
06-07-2009, 07:21 PM
I think we can either keep arthur or keep warrik but not both. We need a new pf. But I would like to keep one of our current power forwards. Most likely arthur since he is on contract and will be alot cheaper to keep.

BigSims2108
06-08-2009, 11:13 AM
I think we can either keep arthur or keep warrik but not both. We need a new pf. But I would like to keep one of our current power forwards. Most likely arthur since he is on contract and will be alot cheaper to keep.

Yeah we might have to let Warrick go or do a sign-and-trade with him. Arthur can still be the backup for whoever we get to fill that 4 viod.

jailer
06-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Yeah I just feel that arthur has had his chance to really turn into something. And he has just become an ok back up. We need to go in a new direction.

Interminator
06-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Yeah I just feel that arthur has had his chance to really turn into something. And he has just become an ok back up. We need to go in a new direction.
Way too early to give up on Arthur.

Hes only 21 and could provide rebounding as well as deceptive range out to 18 feet.

We didnt draft him to provide an impact immediately, he'll play out his rookie contract or spend time in the NBDL to improve.:confusedshrug:

jailer
06-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Way too early to give up on Arthur.

Hes only 21 and could provide rebounding as well as deceptive range out to 18 feet.

We didnt draft him to provide an impact immediately, he'll play out his rookie contract or spend time in the NBDL to improve.:confusedshrug:

:oldlol: I was talking about warrik, not arthur. I agree arthur still needs ttime to see if he can become something good.

BigSims2108
06-09-2009, 11:07 AM
What kind of veteran players should we get. I say we need a veteran back up point guard. Here are a few ideas: Anthony Carter, Brevin Knight, Anthony Johnson... Any more suggestions?

gasolina
06-09-2009, 12:26 PM
I'd rather have a veteran backup swingman. Show Gay and Mayo the ropes.

Unless we draft Harden

BigSims2108
06-09-2009, 12:29 PM
I'd rather have a veteran backup swingman. Show Gay and Mayo the ropes.

Unless we draft Harden

Veteran backbp swingman, huh? I like your thinking. Do you have anybody in mind?

gasolina
06-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Veteran backbp swingman, huh? I like your thinking. Do you have anybody in mind?

Keith Bogans FTW! He's unrestricted too. Maybe half of the MLE will pry him to us.

Keith Bogans can shoot, play D, and just be a positive whenever he's on the floor. A lot more than what Buckner, Ross and Jaric could do combined.

BigSims2108
06-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Keith Bogans FTW! He's unrestricted too. Maybe half of the MLE will pry him to us.

Keith Bogans can shoot, play D, and just be a positive whenever he's on the floor. A lot more than what Buckner, Ross and Jaric could do combined.

Yeah, I can go with that too. Do you think we also need a veteran point guard to futher help Conley's development?

gasolina
06-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Yeah, I can go with that too. Do you think we also need a veteran point guard to futher help Conley's development?

The Grizz have too many holes in the team especially on the bench. We also need a backup big man if Darko bolts.

As for backup PGs go... Flip Murray would be nice, but he's too good. We need someone to play 10 minutes a game to relieve Conley and maybe stabilize the offense when he's on the bench. Brevin Knight would be a good candidate, but he probably won't go here, plus he can't shoot.

BigSims2108
06-09-2009, 01:05 PM
The Grizz have too many holes in the team especially on the bench. We also need a backup big man if Darko bolts.

As for backup PGs go... Flip Murray would be nice, but he's too good. We need someone to play 10 minutes a game to relieve Conley and maybe stabilize the offense when he's on the bench. Brevin Knight would be a good candidate, but he probably won't go here, plus he can't shoot.

:hammerhead: I was about to suggest we got Bobby Jackson back since he is an unrestricted free agent, but I just found out he's like 36. We don't need a veteran THAT old. We might have to trade for one. Anthony Johnson is out there too even tho he has a player option, but he needs to accept that since the magic have Nelson and Alston now, he probably won't play.

Kebab Stall
06-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Anthony Johnson wouldn't be that bad.

I agree, with Nelson and Alston both on the Magic now, Johnson isn't going to get playing time. He would definitly be a better backup PG than Jaric.

jailer
06-09-2009, 03:05 PM
As for swingman I like Trevor Ariza and Von Wafer who are both unrestricted. Or maybe even Ime Udoka. Also Joey Grahm

As for point guards I like Luther Head, Keith Bogans, C.J. Watson, "Flip" Murray(maybe), Mike Bibby:confusedshrug: he would be a tremendous boost off the bench.

As for power forwards I like Paul Milsap, David Lee, Ike Diogou, Anderson Verajo. Marvin Williams.

But I have to say there is really no point in discussing any possible free agents until the draft is complete. We dont know the direction the grizz are going until we see what they do with their picks.

gasolina
06-09-2009, 03:29 PM
As for swingman I like Trevor Ariza and Von Wafer who are both unrestricted. Or maybe even Ime Udoka. Also Joey Grahm

My only knock on Ariza is we might end up overpaying for him, which is very likely given his playoff performance. Also, I'd prefer the first wing to be able to play both 2 and 3 positions. That's why Keith Bogans.

Von Wafer doesn't pass, we don't need another ballhog. Joey Graham... meh.... He'd probably stay in Toronto with Kapono being traded now.

As for point guards I like Luther Head, Keith Bogans, C.J. Watson, "Flip" Murray(maybe), Mike Bibby:confusedshrug: he would be a tremendous boost off the bench.

Luther Head is not a point guard, but he would do wonders as a third guard. Anthony Johnson might be the best one here.

As for power forwards I like Paul Milsap, David Lee, Ike Diogou, Anderson Verajo. Marvin Williams.

Paul Milsap would be a dream come true.

But I have to say there is really no point in discussing any possible free agents until the draft is complete. We dont know the direction the grizz are going until we see what they do with their picks.

Sure there is. That's wy we listed all the possible FA signings per position. To fill the need the draft doesn't cover.

gasolina
06-09-2009, 04:01 PM
As for power forwards... how would you guys like to have this guy back if we don't get any other PF?

http://pictopia.com/perl/get_image?provider_id=202&size=550x550_mb&ptp_photo_id=86812

BigSims2108
06-09-2009, 05:26 PM
As for power forwards... how would you guys like to have this guy back if we don't get any other PF?

http://pictopia.com/perl/get_image?provider_id=202&size=550x550_mb&ptp_photo_id=86812

We could use him in a backup roll if we can get Millsap or Lee. As for if I truly want him back, I don't know. What do you guys think?

jailer
06-09-2009, 05:44 PM
I think anthony johnson is to old at this point.

Ariza looks to becoming into his own. He deserves the mid level exception. He could play the two if need be. He has become a good shooter and plays defense well.

I dont know much about wafer. My friend tells me that he is good and is better than the current garbage coming off our bench. Is he really a ball hog?

Luther head is a shooter but he usually runs the point. He could play small ball. I think he is worth a look.

jailer
06-09-2009, 05:46 PM
On another point I would of like to of gotten jason kopono. He is a good shooter, and could play behind rudy. The sixers gave up nothing for him, they were just taking on a bigger contract for the raptors.

BigSims2108
06-09-2009, 08:19 PM
On another point I would of like to of gotten jason kopono. He is a good shooter, and could play behind rudy. The sixers gave up nothing for him, they were just taking on a bigger contract for the raptors.

Say we did the knicks trade and got David Lee and draft Tyreke Evans. Should we trade another player and our other first round pick to try to trade up to snatch Budlinger? What do you guys think? Or are there any more free agent shooters out there?

gasolina
06-10-2009, 12:34 AM
I dont know much about wafer. My friend tells me that he is good and is better than the current garbage coming off our bench. Is he really a ball hog?

Everyone's better than Marko / Buckner / Ross. Wafer can score, but that's all he does. I swear he's a bigger ballhog than JR Smith. I have never seen him swing the ball. When he gets it at the wings, he shoots it.

BigSims2108
06-10-2009, 01:11 AM
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/jun/09/griz-expect-rubio-visit-for-workout/

For you guys who have the time, read the comments at the bottom of this article. This Playa4life chump acts like he's all that and he knows everything. I think he's just another one of those idiots who thinks that we can get Thabeet and put Marc at the 4. He's basically a local version of Chad Fraud or Stephen A. Smith.:roll:

jailer
06-10-2009, 01:49 AM

:roll: :roll: No thank you

jailer
06-10-2009, 01:56 AM
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/jun/09/griz-expect-rubio-visit-for-workout/

For you guys who have the time, read the comments at the bottom of this article. This Playa4life chump acts like he's all that and he knows everything. I think he's just another one of those idiots who thinks that we can get Thabeet and put Marc at the 4. He's basically a local version of Chad Fraud or Stephen A. Smith.:roll:

Wow those comments were hurting my head.

BigSims2108
06-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Wow those comments were hurting my head.

I know, right? That guy I told y'all about needs to stop lying to himself.:banghead:

BigSims2108
06-10-2009, 12:15 PM
I wouldn't count on the Griz getting Millsap, especially if Boozer leaves Utah. I mean, if Boozer leaves, there is no way in hell the Jazz are going to let Millsap go. I am hearing that pistons fans have as much interest in Millsap than in Boozer for some reason, maybe even more. So the griz should try to get a PF that is actually possible to get. If Boozer leaves Utah, the jazz can match ANY offer the griz make. If Boozer stays, the Pistons will be all over Millsap. And since Detroit has a better market and a brighter future than the griz do right now, Millsap could go to Detroit if he wanted to. I don't know...:confusedshrug:

gasolina
06-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Can somebody merge the Offseason thread with the #2 pick thread and the draft thread?

BigSims2108
06-10-2009, 01:12 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=371248

All right everybody, check out what THIS guy on this website thinks the griz could do to get better. I'll go ahead and say that I said heck no to this idea.

Kebab Stall
06-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Can somebody merge the Offseason thread with the #2 pick thread and the draft thread?
I'll merge the two draft threads, but the offseason thread can remain as one, since we discuss free agents, trading and such in there.

Edit: don't know if I can though, I've never tried merging threads on here. I'll give it a shot.

jailer
06-10-2009, 01:32 PM
I wouldn't count on the Griz getting Millsap, especially if Boozer leaves Utah. I mean, if Boozer leaves, there is no way in hell the Jazz are going to let Millsap go. I am hearing that pistons fans have as much interest in Millsap than in Boozer for some reason, maybe even more. So the griz should try to get a PF that is actually possible to get. If Boozer leaves Utah, the jazz can match ANY offer the griz make. If Boozer stays, the Pistons will be all over Millsap. And since Detroit has a better market and a brighter future than the griz do right now, Millsap could go to Detroit if he wanted to. I don't know...:confusedshrug:

There are reports now that boozer might not opt out of his contract. Which would mean that the jazz couldnt match offers.

Kebab Stall
06-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Jailer, help a Grizz brother out and merge the two draft threads will ya. I don't have a clue what I'm doing. I haven't had to use any of these tools apart from the very rare 'delete posts'.

OJMayoDaFuture
06-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Is IT Just Me Or Is Quiton Ross **** I Personally Don't Like His Kinda Play He A SG That Can't Hit The Three To Save His Life Except For 07-07

04-05 .250
05-06 .000
06-07 .200
07-08 .429
08-09 .375
?

http://memphis.nbabasketballfansite.com/images/players/209.jpg

Quinton Ross =**** Better Of In The D-League Or Retire
1st Quinton Ross Hater

jailer
06-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Man it just hurts to look at the team roster. I mean our starting five is actually not that bad, except for arthur. But then you look at the bench and its a huge drop off in talent. When your best player off your bench is hakim warrik you know that your team lacks overall talent.

gasolina
06-10-2009, 05:44 PM
I was the same during last year, especially after the draft. I was like "Yeah baby OJ Mayo time to play NBA 2k8!!!"

Then when I made the Mayo/Love trade

"Wtf I don't have enough players...."

Interminator
06-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Pretty bad idea.

Giving up both Gay and the 2nd round pick, not to mention we lose Darko only for Tony Parker? No thanks.

I'd rather keep Gay and Darko and look for a better deal for that 2nd pick.
I didnt even click, but if they created an offer of Gay + 2nd pick for Tony Parker they cant be a real human being or Grizzlies fan.

gasolina
06-10-2009, 06:10 PM
I didnt even click, but if they created an offer of Gay + 2nd pick for Tony Parker they cant be a real human being or Grizzlies fan.

it was Gay + 2nd pick + darko for Parker

They said it works because the the Spurs were gettin old and getting Gay and Rubio would make them a lot younger. They also mentioned not to sleep on Gay as he has superstar potential. Duh

They said it also works for the Grizzlies because Gay would not re-sign here and Rubio will not play and Parker would give them a veteran presence. They even made no mention of Mike Conley. Their potential lineup was Marc at C, Arthur at PF, WARRICK AT SF, Mayo and Parker.

The saddest part is that a person said that even though the trade is highly unlikely, it is "interesting".

Can't imagine how people could be THAT disillusioned

OJMayoDaFuture
06-10-2009, 09:32 PM
I Just Wanna See Us Draft Or Sign A Nice Talent To Me I Would Send Gasol To The Bench And Add A Glen Davis (UnRestricted Free Agent) And Some One Who Could Produce On The Bench At The SF Trevor Ariza (UnRestricted Free Agent)

It's Just A Dream...

xOShakespearexO
06-11-2009, 12:50 AM
I Just Wanna See Us Draft Or Sign A Nice Talent To Me I Would Send Gasol To The Bench And Add A Glen Davis (UnRestricted Free Agent) And Some One Who Could Produce On The Bench At The SF Trevor Ariza (UnRestricted Free Agent)

It's Just A Dream...

lilojmayo?

Kebab Stall
06-11-2009, 07:15 AM
it was Gay + 2nd pick + darko for Parker

They said it works because the the Spurs were gettin old and getting Gay and Rubio would make them a lot younger. They also mentioned not to sleep on Gay as he has superstar potential. Duh

They said it also works for the Grizzlies because Gay would not re-sign here and Rubio will not play and Parker would give them a veteran presence. They even made no mention of Mike Conley. Their potential lineup was Marc at C, Arthur at PF, WARRICK AT SF, Mayo and Parker.

The saddest part is that a person said that even though the trade is highly unlikely, it is "interesting".

Can't imagine how people could be THAT disillusioned
Yeah, it was, to say the least, completely f*cking retarded.

BigSims2108
06-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Well, if we were to get a PF, we would have to offer a crap load of money to them, obviously, but that still might not be enough. I mean, many contenders such as Orlando, Cleveland, Detroit, and Chicago are all looking for PFs. It's pointless for us to go after Amare since he wants to be in a winning situation. He needs to decide. Does he want to go to NYC and play in a fun offense, or does he want to go somewhere where he can WIN? I've never seen a Mike D'antoni team play any defense whatsoever. I think we've all figured out by now that defense is what wins rings. How do you think the Spurs have so many?:ohwell:

jailer
06-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Well, if we were to get a PF, we would have to offer a crap load of money to them, obviously, but that still might not be enough. I mean, many contenders such as Orlando, Cleveland, Detroit, and Chicago are all looking for PFs. It's pointless for us to go after Amare since he wants to be in a winning situation. He needs to decide. Does he want to go to NYC and play in a fun offense, or does he want to go somewhere where he can WIN? I've never seen a Mike D'antoni team play any defense whatsoever. I think we've all figured out by now that defense is what wins rings. How do you think the Spurs have so many?:ohwell:

We can all agree that defense is needed to win championships. But it's alot easier to win when you have an explosive offense to go along with it.

BigSims2108
06-11-2009, 01:16 PM
We can all agree that defense is needed to win championships. But it's alot easier to win when you have an explosive offense to go along with it.

Yeah I know. I was mainly referring to the Spurs because they had a great defense. Their offense was never explosive. That never was Popavich's style, you know? Their offense was very good, but not great.

jailer
06-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Yeah I know. I was mainly referring to the Spurs because they had a great defense. Their offense was never explosive. That never was Popavich's style, you know? Their offense was very good, but not great.

True but it helps when you have the individual greatness that they have. Parker is a great pg. Duncan is probably the pest pf to ever play. And Ginobli is amazing in his own way, when he is healthy.

BigSims2108
06-11-2009, 01:32 PM
True but it helps when you have the individual greatness that they have. Parker is a great pg. Duncan is probably the pest pf to ever play. And Ginobli is amazing in his own way, when he is healthy.

Ginobili is what makes the Spurs go and they missed him desprately this postseason...

gasolina
06-11-2009, 02:47 PM
A great offense can get you a high seed or even a #1 seed until the finals. Homecourt advantage is a very big thing in the POs

jailer
06-11-2009, 02:55 PM
A great offense can get you a high seed or even a #1 seed until the finals. Homecourt advantage is a very big thing in the POs

True. But what I think the original poster was saying was that winning and defense go hand in hand.

BigSims2108
06-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Well, what PF do you guys thing the griz have the best chance in acquiring or signing?

jailer
06-11-2009, 04:46 PM
um if I had to be honest. I would say someone like marvin williams or channing frye. We will go after a big player but wont be able to get him.

Ofcourse I think that Marvin williams would be a great fit here. He is long and athletic. He is also getting a consistent jumper.

Kebab Stall
06-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Good call on Channging Frye. I wouldn't mind him having on the Grizz. He would definitly get playing time on this team, something he is not really getting in Portland. He showed in NY that when he is given playing time, he can put points on the board.

However, if we got Frye, we'd definitly need Harden on the team, because Frye is far from being a premier forward, but he'd certainly be an improvement over Arthur.

jailer
06-12-2009, 05:28 AM
Good call on Channging Frye. I wouldn't mind him having on the Grizz. He would definitly get playing time on this team, something he is not really getting in Portland. He showed in NY that when he is given playing time, he can put points on the board.

However, if we got Frye, we'd definitly need Harden on the team, because Frye is far from being a premier forward, but he'd certainly be an improvement over Arthur.

True

gasolina
06-12-2009, 11:08 AM
How about a deal of sending Mike Conley to Portland for Channing Frye, Rudy Fernandez and/or Sergio Rodriguez?

This is of course, if we draft Rubio

Rubio / Sergio
Mayo / Rudy
Gay / Rudy
Frye / Warrick
Gasol

Spanish team LOL.

BigSims2108
06-12-2009, 11:54 AM
How about a deal of sending Mike Conley to Portland for Channing Frye, Rudy Fernandez and/or Sergio Rodriguez?

Rubio / Sergio
Mayo / Rudy
Gay / Rudy
Frye / Warrick
Gasol

Spanish team LOL.

I don't just want the griz to try to get a PF, we need more veteran players. We are the 2nd youngest team in the league behind Portland. I mean, for those of you who watched the game last night, that was a prime example. We need veteran players who have playoff experience. Remember, we did that years back and that's back when we were a playoff team. Since Jerry West left, it's all been down hill. I'm not blaming Chris Wallace, yet. I mean, he just got here last year. We have the 2nd most money in the league right now, but what is Heisley waiting for?!:rant PLEASE don't tell me he is waiting till next offseason to go after the big time players! You have a better chance of the Cubs winning a world series than landing one of them, with all do respect to the city of Chicago. Is any of this making sense to anyone? If their is one thing this team lacks is leadership! We need a leader in the locker room and on the court. I mean, we pretty much only have 9 players on the roster right now with Rudy, OJ, Marc, Conley, Darrell, Buckner, Haddadi, Darko, and Jaric. We definitely need to move Darko's expiring contract since we are paying him the most( or it's Jaric, i'm not sure, one of the two tho) and get veteran playoff players to help these young guys to develop. Sorry for making this so lenghty.

jailer
06-12-2009, 04:46 PM

Rubio / Sergio
Mayo / Rudy
Gay / Rudy
Frye / Warrick
Gasol

Spanish team LOL.

If we could trade conley for rudy fernandez I would do that. But I would try and get there pick at 24 as well.

BigSims2108
06-12-2009, 07:33 PM
If we could trade conley for rudy fernandez I would do that. But I would try and get there pick at 24 as well.

I would only do this if Rubio says in quotes that he is willing to come here. If we can't get Harden, I think we should also look at Tyreke Evans. Not only is he a former Tiger, but I think he could be a useful asset off the bench as well as a back up point or SG.

Kebab Stall
06-13-2009, 04:00 AM
I'm starting to like Evans aswell. Which is a surprise, considering I really did not like him up until a couple of days ago. He doesn't have the prettiest shot, but he does look very talented.

An excellent slasher. Also, if we got Evans, I really wouldn't want him to be pushed into the PG position, because I really can't see him playing the PG spot well at the NBA level.

brandonislegend
06-13-2009, 08:09 AM
Harden is the answer.

BigSims2108
06-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Harden is the answer.

I sure hope you're right, brandonislegend. I don't think I can take another bad draft by the griz.

I have a thought. Lamar Odom could become a free agent in the offseason. Trevor Ariza will also be a free agent. The only way the lakers can keep them both is that Kobe opts out and take a paycut, and I think we all know that's not going to happen. So if Odom becomes a free agent, should we just take a swing at getting this guy even though there is a great chance a contender will sign him in a heartbeat?:confusedshrug:

brandonislegend
06-13-2009, 11:19 PM
I sure hope you're right, brandonislegend. I don't think I can take another bad draft by the griz.

I have a thought. Lamar Odom could become a free agent in the offseason. Trevor Ariza will also be a free agent. The only way the lakers can keep them both is that Kobe opts out and take a paycut, and I think we all know that's not going to happen. So if Odom becomes a free agent, should we just take a swing at getting this guy even though there is a great chance a contender will sign him in a heartbeat?:confusedshrug:

Lamar has gone to say he will stay in LA even for a huge paycut, he loves the city and the rockstar status he has...and hes really good friends with kobe.

BigSims2108
06-13-2009, 11:24 PM
Lamar has gone to say he will stay in LA even for a huge paycut, he loves the city and the rockstar status he has...and hes really good friends with kobe.

Well, that's good to hear how selfless Odom is. Anyways, when it comes to getting a free agent though free agency, we have a little problem. I have no idea why but I heard the Pistons have more interest in Millsap than in Boozer. Probably b/c Boozer is hurt all the time.

gasolina
06-13-2009, 11:42 PM
Well, that's good to hear how selfless Odom is. Anyways, when it comes to getting a free agent though free agency, we have a little problem. I have no idea why but I heard the Pistons have more interest in Millsap than in Boozer. Probably b/c Boozer is hurt all the time.

And because Boozer will command more money than Millsap. Even though Millsap is younger and maybe just as effective as Boozer at the same age. Also, they are banking on Rodney Stuckey now. Pairing him with a young PF would be nice for them.

BigSims2108
06-14-2009, 12:08 AM
And because Boozer will command more money than Millsap. Even though Millsap is younger and maybe just as effective as Boozer at the same age. Also, they are banking on Rodney Stuckey now. Pairing him with a young PF would be nice for them.

Ooh. Point taken.:hammerhead:

Kebab Stall
06-14-2009, 04:03 AM
Damn that Odom and his great attitude.

I was hoping we could sign him, if LA didn't resign him.

Conley
Mayo
Gay
Odom
Gasol

Man, that looks good.

brandonislegend
06-14-2009, 06:00 AM
Lamar Odom said on Friday that he intends to re-sign with the Lakers this summer.
"It would probably take an offer I couldn't refuse for me to play somewhere else," Odom said. "It would take something incredible, which I don't think is going to happen." Odom has embraced his sixth-man role and is three victories away from a championship, so there's little reason to think his position will change over the summer.
Source: Los Angeles Daily News

Kebab Stall
06-14-2009, 07:30 AM
Well, I can see why he wants to stay in LA. He's winning, he's in a big city and the fans love him.

BigSims2108
06-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Well, I can see why he wants to stay in LA. He's winning, he's in a big city and the fans love him.

Yes, he is a winner and he deserves a nice contract from the Lakers even tho he probably won't get it b/c they need to keep Ariza too. I heard that some griz fans look at Charlie Villenueva. Are you kidding me?!:banghead:

Maniak
06-14-2009, 11:19 AM
What about Trevor Ariza? Do you think we could get him from the Lakers?

gasolina
06-14-2009, 02:04 PM
What about Trevor Ariza? Do you think we could get him from the Lakers?

I wouldn't want trevor ariza for the same reason that New Orleans shouldn't have taken James Posey last year. A great role player for a great team doesn't equate to a great role player for a good team, much less an awful team like ours.

Also if we get Ariza, we would have to play Rudy at the 4 at significat stretches (both Gay and Mayo play like 37 min a game), which would absolutely destroy us in the middle. I just don't see Ariza playing the 2.

As for Charlie, he's not much of an upgrade from Warrick... only a better scorer. Though he's definitely an upgrade, I'd prefer someone who can rebound at the 4 and not coast in the 3pt line.

BigSims2108
06-14-2009, 02:08 PM
I wouldn't want trevor ariza for the same reason that New Orleans shouldn't have taken James Posey last year. A great role player for a great team doesn't equate to a great role player for a good team, much less an awful team like ours.

Also if we get Ariza, we would have to play Rudy at the 4 at significat stretches (both Gay and Mayo play like 37 min a game), which would absolutely destroy us in the middle. I just don't see Ariza playing the 2.

As for Charlie, he's not much of an upgrade from Warrick... only a better scorer. Though he's definitely an upgrade, I'd prefer someone who can rebound at the 4 and not coast in the 3pt line.

It seems to me that all of the FA 4's have a risk involved. Boozer is hurt alot. Lee can't play defense or block shots, and Charlie V is a 3pt shooting PF. Seems to me the hottest FA PF will be Millsap because he has so much potential.:confusedshrug:

Kebab Stall
06-14-2009, 02:18 PM
It seems to me that all of the FA 4's have a risk involved. Boozer is hurt alot. Lee can't play defense or block shots, and Charlie V is a 3pt shooting PF. Seems to me the hottest FA PF will be Millsap because he has so much potential.:confusedshrug:
The only downside is, is that every team looking to sign a PF this summer will also notice the same things.

jailer
06-14-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm starting to like Evans aswell. Which is a surprise, considering I really did not like him up until a couple of days ago. He doesn't have the prettiest shot, but he does look very talented.

An excellent slasher. Also, if we got Evans, I really wouldn't want him to be pushed into the PG position, because I really can't see him playing the PG spot well at the NBA level.

I watched evans all year in his only college season. He has a horrible jump shot. And the word horrible is being nice to him. He has good size, if he is playing the poing guard spot. But if he is playing the shooting guard position (which he will in the nba) he is a bit undersized. I think he is gonna struggle in the league.

jailer
06-14-2009, 09:44 PM

He would'nt come here. We have to offer him ALOT of money. And I dont want that to happen.

I would much rather get ariza.

jailer
06-14-2009, 09:46 PM

Have to say I dont agree with most of that statement.

veilside23
06-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Chris Wilcox anyone ? :Dthough i'd want my celtics to go after him :D

jailer
06-15-2009, 02:33 AM
Chris Wilcox anyone ? :Dthough i'd want my celtics to go after him :D

Actually really like his game. He is super aggressive. But I dont think of him as a solid starter. He would be good off the bench though.

BigSims2108
06-15-2009, 10:43 AM
On a scale of 1 to 10, how important is it for the Griz to resign Warrick and why?

Maniak
06-15-2009, 10:48 AM
For me, its a 1 because Im not a Warrick fan and I think we should sign a new PF(trading in draft or offseason) and keep Arthur.

el gringos
06-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Minni gets- pick #2(rubio) + s hunter + 3 mill te + future den 1st

Minni gives- foye + cardinal + pick 18

Memphis gets- pick #6 + kenyon martin + pick 18 + pick 34 + future den 1st + sonny weems

Memphis gives- pick 2 + jaric + buckner + 6 million capspace

Denver gets- foye + cardinal + buckner + jaric + 3 mill te

Denver gives- kmart + steven hunter + s weems + #34 + 2 future 1sts

Kebab Stall
06-15-2009, 01:03 PM
On a scale of 1 to 10, how important is it for the Griz to resign Warrick and why?
Depends what the team wants to do. If we are able to sign a starter worthy PF, then there would be no need to sign Hak, unless we sign him and have him play behind Gay.

It also depends on whether Arthur is looking to improve or is content with what he has. If he's content, then may as well just trade him.

I like Arthur and I really want him to improve his game, but if he doesn't, we should trade him and resign Hak.

Personally, I think it would be somewhere between 4 and 7, depending on the direction of the team.

jailer
06-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Minni gets- pick #2(rubio) + s hunter + 3 mill te + future den 1st

Minni gives- foye + cardinal + pick 18

Memphis gets- pick #6 + kenyon martin + pick 18 + pick 34 + future den 1st + sonny weems

Memphis gives- pick 2 + jaric + buckner + 6 million capspace

Denver gets- foye + cardinal + buckner + jaric + 3 mill te

Denver gives- kmart + steven hunter + s weems + #34 + 2 future 1sts

Why would denver do this?

jailer
06-15-2009, 02:21 PM

Eh like a three for me. He should be a back up plan just incase the griz cant get anyone else.

djturtleface
06-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Don't know how many people get into the blogs, but check my new Grizzlies blog "Straight Out of Vancouver" out for lots of deep offseason stuff near daily:

http://straightoutofvancouver.blogspot.com/

jailer
06-16-2009, 12:40 AM
Don't know how many people get into the blogs, but check my new Grizzlies blog "Straight Out of Vancouver" out for lots of deep offseason stuff near daily:

http://straightoutofvancouver.blogspot.com/

Yeah when I read about tha today. I thought about the griz trading for him. But im weary because of josh smith's attitude problems.

BigSims2108
06-16-2009, 01:02 AM
Yeah when I read about tha today. I thought about the griz trading for him. But im weary because of josh smith's attitude problems.

Besides, he's not the kind of PF we need. I mean sure, he's a great shot blocker and a monster dunker, but the griz need a post up PF. I hear that the pistons are after Turkulogu. So it MIGHT make it a little easier to make a run @ Millsap.

Kebab Stall
06-16-2009, 05:12 AM
We need a PF that can rebound and play in the post.

BigSims2108
06-16-2009, 10:56 AM
We need a PF that can rebound and play in the post.

Well Boozer can do that, but there is a risk that he isn't always healthy.

BigSims2108
06-16-2009, 11:51 AM
Can someone tell me who the hell is Nikoloz Tskitishvili? There's an article about him on grizzlies.com, but it doesn't tell me much.

Kebab Stall
06-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Can someone tell me who the hell is Nikoloz Tskitishvili? There's an article about him on grizzlies.com, but it doesn't tell me much.
At first I thought I was looking at the other big Euro stiff we had a few years ago, but then after reading it I realised it was someone completely different.

Either way, I think we should be trying to get more draftees in for workouts, since we've only had a few in and that was only for the later picks.

jailer
06-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Hes a huge bust. The year that all the top lotto teams passed on amare was the same year this guy was drafted by the nuggetts. He was a big disappointment. Dont want him on our squad.

BigSims2108
06-16-2009, 10:39 PM
I heard rumors that the Lakers were looking at trading Sasha, Morrison, and their pick to Minnesota for Mike Miller? I doubt Kobe would like that. Y'all remember that time Kobe elbowed Mike when he was here?

jailer
06-17-2009, 01:49 AM
I heard rumors that the Lakers were looking at trading Sasha, Morrison, and their pick to Minnesota for Mike Miller? I doubt Kobe would like that. Y'all remember that time Kobe elbowed Mike when he was here?
This cant be true. The lakers have no money. And the money they do have is gonna be used to keep ariza.

BigSims2108
06-17-2009, 11:47 AM
This cant be true. The lakers have no money. And the money they do have is gonna be used to keep ariza.

Yeah. Remember, it's just a rumor and like 80% of the time, these things don't happen from what I've seen. Odom will have to take a serious pay cut for him and Ariza to stay in LA.

jailer
06-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Rumors are rumors I guess

BigSims2108
06-18-2009, 10:13 AM
Hey guys, I heard a rumor that former griz Jason Williams is trying to come back into the NBA. Buy or Sell a team picking him up?:roll:

jailer
06-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Hey guys, I heard a rumor that former griz Jason Williams is trying to come back into the NBA. Buy or Sell a team picking him up?:roll:

If stephon marbury can cry his way on to the boston celtics. Im sure white choclate can find his way on to a vetran team.

BigSims2108
06-19-2009, 10:58 AM
If stephon marbury can cry his way on to the boston celtics. Im sure white choclate can find his way on to a vetran team.

I liked J Will for a while when he was here. I hope he can find a contender to go to. Even though we really need a veteran player, I think we all know there is no way in hell he's coming back here. Probably Griz fans are sick of him anyway.

jailer
06-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Eh maybe. When he left he talked about coming back one day. But taht might just of been him being nice for the fans.

BigSims2108
06-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Eh maybe. When he left he talked about coming back one day. But taht might just of been him being nice for the fans.

Does this sound familiar? "You ain't gotta do nothin, home boy! You ain't writing nothin'!" lol He got into it with a commercial appeal writer, and he looked an awful lot like Geoff Calkins.

jailer
06-20-2009, 01:04 AM
Does this sound familiar? "You ain't gotta do nothin, home boy! You ain't writing nothin'!" lol He got into it with a commercial appeal writer, and he looked an awful lot like Geoff Calkins.

Man I se tha quote with my friends all the time. I love that he punked calkins.

Kebab Stall
06-26-2009, 06:03 AM
So, what needs to be done now?

Our line up currently looks roughly like this...

Conley
Mayo / Richardson
Gay / Young
Carroll / Arthur / Warrick
Gasol / Thabeet / Haddadi

Possibly sign Ross and then package him with Warrick and trade for a backup PG?

BigSims2108
06-26-2009, 06:25 PM
So, what needs to be done now?

Our line up currently looks roughly like this...

Conley
Mayo / Richardson
Gay / Young
Carroll / Arthur / Warrick
Gasol / Thabeet / Haddadi

Possibly sign Ross and then package him with Warrick and trade for a backup PG?

How about a s&t with Ross and Arthur for a back up PG. Maybe we could get rid of Marko somehow as well.

jailer
06-26-2009, 07:30 PM
How about a s&t with Ross and Arthur for a back up PG. Maybe we could get rid of Marko somehow as well.

I agree with all of that.

qrich
06-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Last night, I am told at the last minute Clippers owner Donald Sterling killed a trade last night that would have sent Zach Randolph to the Grizzlies for a package that included M. Jaric and G. Buckner.

The good news is that Heisley was clearly willing to take on money. That is at least exciting.

update: I am told they wanted Darko, and the Grizz offered Jaric and Sterling said he would not pay Jaric another dime. That was the deal breaker from what I was told.

Verno's Blog (http://chrisvernon.blogspot.com/2009/06/cvernoncom-exclusive-trade-that-didnt.html) (Chris Vernon - who broke the Gasol trade to LAL first - and hosts GM Chris Wallace regularly on his show)

jailer
06-27-2009, 12:42 AM
Verno's Blog (http://chrisvernon.blogspot.com/2009/06/cvernoncom-exclusive-trade-that-didnt.html) (Chris Vernon - who broke the Gasol trade to LAL first - and hosts GM Chris Wallace regularly on his show)
Craziness

gasolina
06-27-2009, 12:45 AM
I really like the Darko trade. We free up space for Thabeet + get a scorer / shooter for our bench. Also we do not lose our cap flexibility with the trade.

Who's gonna start at PF? Is Carroll any better than Arthur? Arthur is still the most suitable starter for the team. He's a decent shotblocker and rebounder, a lot better than Warrick in those areas.

jailer
06-27-2009, 12:48 AM
I really like the Darko trade. We free up space for Thabeet + get a scorer / shooter for our bench. Also we do not lose our cap flexibility with the trade.

Who's gonna start at PF? Is Carroll any better than Arthur? Arthur is still the most suitable starter for the team. He's a decent shotblocker and rebounder, a lot better than Warrick in those areas.
The power forward spot is the new question mark.

gasolina
06-27-2009, 02:34 AM
Here's our roster as of today. I put in blanks on guys who we should be filling up.

C - Gasol / Thabeet
PF - _______ / Warrick / Arthur / Carroll
SF - Gay / Young
SG - Mayo / Q
PG - Conley ______

I don't give a **** for Jaric, I hope he doesn't play.

As much as I love Carroll's game, we need a go to guy once we go to the bench. Warrick's capable of being that as he's quite effective in pick and pop situations. Putting Carroll on the floor with Thabeet and Young would just be chaotic offensively.

Unfortunately, Warrick cannot start as he can't defend or rebound pretty well. If we don't get a PF, then Arthur is the automatic starter.

Hopefully Carroll could develop into a 3 and Young into a 2 once Q-rich's deal expires.

As for backup PG, we need a BIG pg who can spell Conley for 10 minutes a game. Any ideas?

jailer
06-27-2009, 03:57 AM
Here's our roster as of today. I put in blanks on guys who we should be filling up.

C - Gasol / Thabeet
PF - _______ / Warrick / Arthur / Carroll
SF - Gay / Young
SG - Mayo / Q
PG - Conley ______

I don't give a **** for Jaric, I hope he doesn't play.

As much as I love Carroll's game, we need a go to guy once we go to the bench. Warrick's capable of being that as he's quite effective in pick and pop situations. Putting Carroll on the floor with Thabeet and Young would just be chaotic offensively.

Unfortunately, Warrick cannot start as he can't defend or rebound pretty well. If we don't get a PF, then Arthur is the automatic starter.

Hopefully Carroll could develop into a 3 and Young into a 2 once Q-rich's deal expires.

As for backup PG, we need a BIG pg who can spell Conley for 10 minutes a game. Any ideas?
I dont think warrik will get resigned. We wouldnt of drafted carroll if we were gonna keep him.

What about flip murray?

Kebab Stall
06-27-2009, 05:57 AM
Young might be spliting his time at the 2 and 3 anyway. Gay and Mayo both play 35+ minutes each, so any backup at either position is going to get limited minutes.

Young is 6'6 I believe and incredible strong. If he played some 2, he would over power most 2 guards.

Warrick is too streaky, he's a weak rebounder and not that strong. I think we should keep Carroll and either let Warrick go or do S&T with him to try and get a backup PG.

If we can't get a starting PF, then it's not the end of the world, Arthur does look promising and I think he continues to improve his rebounding and scoring (mid range game), he will be fine.

gasolina
06-27-2009, 09:41 AM
If we S/T Warrick then I'm happy. Flip Murray woul be awesome.

However, I'd still prefer some interior scoring at the bench

jailer
06-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Apparently the pacers arent going to resign marquis daniels

gasolina
06-27-2009, 11:36 PM
Apparently the pacers arent going to resign marquis daniels

Might be a good addition... but not the best one. We should at least get a backup pg who can stretch the defense, not an undersized SG who can play point and does not have a jumpshot.

Also, he'd want at least a long contract if not a big one.

jailer
06-28-2009, 02:10 AM
Might be a good addition... but not the best one. We should at least get a backup pg who can stretch the defense, not an undersized SG who can play point and does not have a jumpshot.

Also, he'd want at least a long contract if not a big one.I was just naming big point guards for gasolina.

BigSims2108
06-28-2009, 11:56 AM
Anybody think we should go after a guy like Anthony Johnson after we hopefully get our PF? We need a veteran back up point guard with playoff experience and for veteran leadership.

jailer
06-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Anybody think we should go after a guy like Anthony Johnson after we hopefully get our PF? We need a veteran back up point guard with playoff experience and for veteran leadership.

I had thought about johnson as well. But im not sure how much gas he has left in the tank

gasolina
06-29-2009, 12:06 AM
I had thought about johnson as well. But im not sure how much gas he has left in the tank

Also, I don't think the Magic will trade him seeing how good he fills Nelson's backup duties.

If I was AJ then I get traded to the Grizz after we get VC, then I'd be pissed

BigSims2108
06-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Man if bibby wasn't so expensive, i would consider him. He would only sign with a contender anyway. We have the money to sign him, but getting a good PF should be our #1 priority.

Mississippi
06-29-2009, 04:39 PM
Haven't been able to post in a couple of weeks but how the hell do we pass up on Blair twice for Damare Carroll who was a projected late second rounder. Will Thabeet and Gasol both start?

gasolina
06-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Haven't been able to post in a couple of weeks but how the hell do we pass up on Blair twice for Damare Carroll who was a projected late second rounder. Will Thabeet and Gasol both start?

I think the FO didn't want any more scoring and just went with defensive / hustle guys.

Hopefully Arthur starts. We just made the QO to Warrick today. If that's the case.. then what to we do with Carroll?

Mississippi
06-29-2009, 06:40 PM
I think the FO didn't want any more scoring and just went with defensive / hustle guys.

Hopefully Arthur starts. We just made the QO to Warrick today. If that's the case.. then what to we do with Carroll?
I don't understand why you guys think Carroll can't back Rudy. Carroll will be a three in the NBA. I see him as a Renaldo Balkman/Trevor Ariza type hustle player and I really don't think we drafted Thabeet to bring him off the bench. We're going for the Twin Tower Effect.

gasolina
06-29-2009, 09:46 PM
I don't understand why you guys think Carroll can't back Rudy. Carroll will be a three in the NBA. I see him as a Renaldo Balkman/Trevor Ariza type hustle player and I really don't think we drafted Thabeet to bring him off the bench. We're going for the Twin Tower Effect.

That's not it... I actually prefer Young to backup Rudy and OJ.

Carroll backing up Rudy and Young backing up OJ would get them both around 10 minutes a game. Surely not enough to gain confidence and let them have an impact on the game.

Kebab Stall
06-30-2009, 04:26 AM
Young will most likely be backing up both Rudy and OJ, because with the amount of minutes that Rudy and OJ eat up, putting Carroll at the 3 is going to limit his minutes. However, I think we can see him playing some time at the 3, but I think he'll get most of his minutes at the 4.

Also, Thabeet needs a lot of work before he starts. We tried to go for a twin tower effect at the beginning of last season with Gasol and Darko and that just didn't work at all. I wouldn't mind seeing it every now and then with Gasol and Thabeet, but it shouldn't be a regular thing.

jailer
06-30-2009, 05:20 AM
Thabeet will be starting before the all star break.

Kebab Stall
06-30-2009, 05:47 AM
Thabeet will be starting before the all star break.
I'd much rather have Gasol starting with Thabeet coming off the bench. Unless Thabeet develops an offensive game, he shouldn't start. Hell, even if he develops atleast one reliable move, I'd be happy, because right now, his offensive game is non-existent.

gasolina
06-30-2009, 11:58 AM
My gut tells me that the FO will have Thabeet starting. For the grizzlies sake I hope it works :cheers:

jailer
06-30-2009, 02:26 PM
I'd much rather have Gasol starting with Thabeet coming off the bench. Unless Thabeet develops an offensive game, he shouldn't start. Hell, even if he develops atleast one reliable move, I'd be happy, because right now, his offensive game is non-existent.

With thabeets size and athleticism he can easily get a few garbage buckets a game. Just like dwight howards first years. I could easily see thabeet averaging like 10-11 points per game around 8 boards and over two blocks in his first season.

Kebab Stall
06-30-2009, 02:33 PM
If all he's going to do his get garbage points, then it just further proves why Gasol should start over him, who actually has a respectable offensive game.

Mississippi
06-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Marcus Williams is expected to be on our Summer League team.

jailer
06-30-2009, 02:55 PM
If all he's going to do his get garbage points, then it just further proves why Gasol should start over him, who actually has a respectable offensive game.No I was saying in his first year. He can get garbage buckets easily in his first year just like dwight howard did. He will then be able to build an offensive game to add to that.

jailer
06-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Marcus Williams is expected to be on our Summer League team.

Really? That would be cool, even though he technically is a bust at this point.

berraco
06-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Really? That would be cool, even though he technically is a bust at this point.

I don't think he can be considered a bust since he was drafted at the end of the first round (25 or something, I think), but it is true that he's not living up to the expectations. I like him, anyway, he will be funny to watch and maybe he can make the team. I prefer him in our bench than most of the players we had last year.

Kebab Stall
06-30-2009, 03:23 PM
No I was saying in his first year. He can get garbage buckets easily in his first year just like dwight howard did. He will then be able to build an offensive game to add to that.
I understand. But, untill he develops an offensive game, I don't like the idea of him starting. I can see him starting every now and then, but for his first year, I don't think he should be a full time starter.

BigSims2108
06-30-2009, 07:37 PM
I heard that Boozer will stay at Utah. So should we take a run at Millsap starting at Midnight?

gasolina
06-30-2009, 10:40 PM
How about all that talk of David Lee being signed by Memphis or Okc... what do you guys think?

If he goes to the Grizz, then I'm happy. Thabeetz to da bench! :banana:

J-Memphis
06-30-2009, 11:00 PM
I think he would be a great piece next to both Marc and Thabeet. Im not on the Thabeet train yet, but adding a talent like Lee would do nothing but improve our lacking front court.

jailer
07-01-2009, 02:36 AM
I don't think he can be considered a bust since he was drafted at the end of the first round (25 or something, I think), but it is true that he's not living up to the expectations. I like him, anyway, he will be funny to watch and maybe he can make the team. I prefer him in our bench than most of the players we had last year.
Hes a bust in the sense that when he was drafted( 22nd) every analyst said that he was a huge steal at that point in the draft. Now after three season and two coaches who both think he cant play. Im pretty sure its safe to call him what he is.

jailer
07-01-2009, 02:37 AM
I heard that Boozer will stay at Utah. So should we take a run at Millsap starting at Midnight?I heard that the thunder are gonna offer him like 15-16 million a year. That IS WAY TO MUCH MONEY

berraco
07-01-2009, 08:32 AM
Hes a bust in the sense that when he was drafted( 22nd) every analyst said that he was a huge steal at that point in the draft. Now after three season and two coaches who both think he cant play. Im pretty sure its safe to call him what he is.

Ok, I see what you mean. I think it is clear he is an average player (or less), and we all should agree on that. Still, to call him a bust is too strong for me, the real busts are the NBA analysts :oldlol:

berraco
07-01-2009, 08:33 AM
I heard that the thunder are gonna offer him like 15-16 million a year. That IS WAY TO MUCH MONEY

Wow, 15-16? I can't believe it, OKC can't be so stupid.

jailer
07-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Wow, 15-16? I can't believe it, OKC can't be so stupid.

Its rumored to be a contract for five years and a little over sixty million.

berraco
07-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Its rumored to be a contract for five years and a little over sixty million.
that people is crazy if that's true.

jailer
07-01-2009, 11:32 PM
Zach Randolph hmm:confusedshrug:

Mississippi
07-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Kareem Rush, Morris Almond and Jarret Jack would all be great addition. We need shooters and a backup PG.

BigSims2108
07-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Kareem Rush, Morris Almond and Jarret Jack would all be great addition. We need shooters and a backup PG.

I'm all for that. But can Sam Young play SG to back up O.J.? Maybe we could look at Rodney Carney? We could sell tickets bringing him back and we get a servicable backup for Rudy?:confusedshrug:

gasolina
07-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Well, all I ask for Sam Young to do is defend and hit the J. He can surely hit the college 3 so I think he can play backup 2 for us.

And please... no more tiggers

BigSims2108
07-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Well, all I ask for Sam Young to do is defend and hit the J. He can surely hit the college 3 so I think he can play backup 2 for us.

And please... no more tiggers

Yeah, it was just an idea. And I forgot about Carroll. HE can back up Rudy. So what we need to do is maybe resign Hak and go out and get that backup point guard. But not just any backup, one that would be a threat to Conley's starting job and comes in our budget.

BigSims2108
07-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Maybe Leon Powe? We would have to get rid of Arthur and Buckner and try to reach a buyout with Jaric, but it could work to be Randolph's backup? Or would y'all rather have Hak? Just remember this. When we went to Boston last season, Powe had 28 points against us. He can only get better!

Kebab Stall
07-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Leon Powe is one of my favourite players in the league. He works incredibly hard, I would love to have him on this team. But I doubt Boston would part with him.

Maniak
07-02-2009, 12:10 PM
I like the idea of Powe here, hes a perfect hustle player.

And Z-Bo? Damn. HOPEFULLY hes just going to be a part of another trade to get someone we really need, but knowing the Grizzlies management they probably will want to keep him.

BigSims2108
07-02-2009, 12:29 PM
http://blogs.commercialappeal.com/the_memphis_edge/2009/07/destination-memphis-iverson-interested-in-griz.html

Please tell me this is a joke. I love A.I., but this has to be a joke.

gasolina
07-02-2009, 12:40 PM
http://blogs.commercialappeal.com/the_memphis_edge/2009/07/destination-memphis-iverson-interested-in-griz.html

Please tell me this is a joke. I love A.I., but this has to be a joke.

AI is just too good for the grizzlies not to start. And I want Mayo starting.

As for our backup PG. How about a 3-year deal for Mike Bibby? We can even let him start until Conley's ready. Bibby's also in good terms with Hollins... right?

Kebab Stall
07-02-2009, 12:49 PM
First Randolph and now Iverson? No thanks, that's too much to handle.

Iverson complained like hell in Detroit, because of his minutes and because he wasn't starting, what does he think is going to happen here? He sure as hell wouldn't be getting any more than 20 mpg and I doubt he would start.

If this happens, then you really can shoot me, because this would be terrible.

BigSims2108
07-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Screw that, dude. I'd rather have Shannon Brown.

Mississippi
07-02-2009, 01:12 PM
I see no point in resigning Warrick with the acquisition of Randolph and Carroll and plus we have Arthur. BTW, I'm all for Allen Iverson. I would love to see him on the Grizzlies.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/zzz%20Fantasy/Allen%20Iverson/-iversonmemphis.jpg

jailer
07-02-2009, 02:17 PM
dont really want iverson:cry:

He would hurt the development of our young guards.

BigSims2108
07-03-2009, 11:51 PM
dont really want iverson:cry:

He would hurt the development of our young guards.

Yeah, AI is tempting, but a very bad idea. We need to develop a chemistry and get someone who can be a leader, and PASS the ball. We should look at Andre Miller. Even if he starts. I haven't given up on Conley yet, but he's just not ready yet. Miller or someone of that nature will help him develop.

gasolina
07-04-2009, 01:02 AM
I see no point in resigning Warrick with the acquisition of Randolph and Carroll and plus we have Arthur. BTW, I'm all for Allen Iverson. I would love to see him on the Grizzlies.

We need a scorer off the bench. Warrick gives that. Hopefully Thabeet and Carroll can help out defensively.

Putting a lineup of Thabeet, Arthur, Carroll, Young would be awful offensively.

Kebab Stall
07-04-2009, 04:05 AM
We need a scorer off the bench. Warrick gives that. Hopefully Thabeet and Carroll can help out defensively.

Putting a lineup of Thabeet, Arthur, Carroll, Young would be awful offensively.
Young is by no means weak offensively. The guy is a solid scorer. He would be the only one carrying those 4 on offense.

brandonislegend
07-04-2009, 05:07 AM
Sam Young can score in bunches

gasolina
07-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Young is by no means weak offensively. The guy is a solid scorer. He would be the only one carrying those 4 on offense.

Yeah but would you trust a rook to carry a team while playing around 10 min a game backing up Mayo?

If we stick Carroll to PF, or not play him at all, then Young could probably play 20 min. But right now I'd still take Warrick over Carroll at backup PF.

jailer
07-05-2009, 01:10 AM
Yeah but would you trust a rook to carry a team while playing around 10 min a game backing up Mayo?

If we stick Carroll to PF, or not play him at all, then Young could probably play 20 min. But right now I'd still take Warrick over Carroll at backup PF.
Carry a team? That makes no sense. We wouldn't ask him to carry the team.