PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan's take on Who's better Kobe or LeBron

iTruWarrior
04-23-2009, 09:54 PM
http://www.ganonbakerbasketball.com/blog/2009/04/jordan-brand-experience-by-alan-stein/

Q: Who is better – LeBron or Kobe?

MJ: “Kobe is the best player in the NBA now. He plays both ends of the floor, is the most polished offensively, and works harder than anyone. But LeBron has the potential to be the best ever. As incredible as he already is, he is still learning the game. LeBron is going to be unbelievable.”

There you have it. Insight and wisdom from the best to have ever played. And I got to hear it first hand!

magi
04-23-2009, 09:57 PM
And another endless war begins.

Blue_Dog45
04-23-2009, 09:57 PM
*ducks*

plowking
04-23-2009, 09:58 PM
http://www.ganonbakerbasketball.com/blog/2009/04/jordan-brand-experience-by-alan-stein/

Lebron = MVP.

Deal with it.

Keep trying to pull up quotes from anyone you want.

Kobe is no longer the best in the league, and not even at his position anymore.

iTruWarrior
04-23-2009, 09:58 PM
Lebron = MVP.

Deal with it.

Yes LeBron is the MVP, but the question was who is better. :violin:

Jordandunk23
04-23-2009, 09:59 PM
... and the first stone was thrown :rolleyes:

dynasty1978
04-23-2009, 10:01 PM
... and the first stone was thrown :rolleyes:

All Hands on Deck!! Diesel J, Mdog1, PB, Duma, BigTicket....ASSEMBLE !!!! :cheers:

branslowski
04-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Lebron = MVP.

Deal with it.

In Your Opinion ofcource.....

Although, we all know...Your opinion>>>MJ's...:oldlol:

iTruWarrior
04-23-2009, 10:02 PM

I wouldn't argue with him, all he does is look up a bunch of stats and when he realizes he's contradicting himself he just calls you a kid and says I'm smarter than you and walks away.

KenneBell
04-23-2009, 10:03 PM
:roll:

10 pages...

branslowski
04-23-2009, 10:03 PM
This isn't right....No WAY...MJ has to be a Homer/Fanboy right?

:oldlol:

AJ2k8
04-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Lebron = MVP.

Deal with it.

So Steve Nash was the best player in the league the 2 years he won he's 2 MVP's:rolleyes:

No offense to Nash but he was the most valuable player not the best player.

Juges8932
Lebron = MVP.

Deal with it.

MVP and best player in the league are two different things. If he had said LeBron you would singing a very different song.:violin:

Legend D
Preview:

Oh yeah, well Michael Jordan thought Kwame Brown was the best too.

:rolleyes:

iTruWarrior
04-23-2009, 10:05 PM
So Steve Nash was the best player in the league the 2 years he won he's 2 MVP's:rolleyes:

Exactly, just like when David Robinson won the MVP in 95. He wasn't the best center in the league nor the best player in the league, it was still Hakeem Olajuwon.

MVP does not prove who is the best player in the world.

Preview:

Not trying to burst your bubble, but I believe MJ said he didn't choose to pick Kwame.

plowking
04-23-2009, 10:05 PM

Yeah MJ iz da greatest man, so wateva he sez iz korect abt bball.

Lebron is better. What is hard to understand.

"Kobe is a better shooter and man on man defender". That is all Kobe fans have.

How about that Lebron is better at just about every other facet of the game?

PleezeBelieve
04-23-2009, 10:06 PM
I see Jordan still having issues assessing talent, huh?

plowking
04-23-2009, 10:06 PM

I never said MVP= best player. I just know that the reason these threads are coming up is because Kobe fans are sandy because Lebron won it.

Lebron is the MVP, and on another note, he is also better then Kobe.

That better?

Indian guy
04-23-2009, 10:07 PM
Didn't Magic, a LAKER & someone who's far more involved with the current NBA, say LeBron>Kobe on National TV the other day? He did. And he wasn't even clueless enough to emphasize Kobe "plays both ends of the floor".
Watch the games, MJ. It's OK to think Kobe>LeBron, but don't cite he plays "both ends of the floor" as a reason, please.

branslowski

Dont be madd at me, be madd at Jordan...:oldlol:

iTruWarrior

You also forgot that Kobe is the better closer and the better pure scorer. Waiting for your stats. :violin:

And how about Wade fans like yourself? Wade is more explosive than Kobe.. and well that's it. :rolleyes:

Didn't Magic, a LAKER & someone who's far more involved with the current NBA, say LeBron>Kobe on National TV the other day? He did. And he wasn't even clueless enough to emphasize Kobe "plays both ends of the floor".
Watch the games, MJ. It's OK to think Kobe>LeBron, but don't cite he plays "both ends of the floor" as a reason, please.
Or he said LeBron was the best player in the league THIS YEAR. Which also means MVP.

plowking
I wouldn't argue with him, all he does is look up a bunch of stats and when he realizes he's contradicting himself he just calls you a kid and says I'm smarter than you and walks away.

Are you still angry that about 90% of the basketball world agrees with me that Shaq is the better player.

That one really isn't even arguable, where as this one is.

KenneBell
04-23-2009, 10:08 PM
MJ would make a terrible GM...oh wait.

branslowski
04-23-2009, 10:09 PM
LeBron=MVP

Kobe=Best In The Game..

Dont agree with me...cool...we all have opinion's....SUCK IT..

iTruWarrior
Are you still angry that about 90% of the basketball world agrees with me that Shaq is the better player.

That one really isn't even arguable, where as this one is.
:oldlol: Do I need to pull that thread backup? Where most people said Hakeem aside from you?

That was not even a relevant post to this thread.

bleedinpurpleTwo
lebron and wade have caught up to kobe, i believe.
what makes it hard to compare is that kobe is trying to integrate all his teammates within the triangle...thus his stats suffer. not dominate the ball like wade and lebron. so i watch for poise at critical moments. also, kobe has lost some explosion.

anyway, mj is right...lebron has a legit shot at goat status...kobe does not.

plowking
04-23-2009, 10:10 PM
You also forgot that Kobe is the better closer and the better pure scorer. Waiting for your stats. :violin:

And how about Wade fans like yourself? Wade is more explosive than Kobe.. and well that's it. :rolleyes:

What has Wade got to do with this? Angry that he is better then Kobe now too?

Pure scorer? WTF? He takes more shots and shoots a lower percentage and he's a better pure scorer? Okay. :oldlol: Kobe is, and always will be one of the best volume scorers that we have seen.

Better closer? These are all subjective notions or points of view. Depends on what you want to get done at the end of a game.

You seem to negate the stats and simply answer with "Kobe is better at this subjective area".

David J. Stern
Who is this MJ guy? He wouldn't know a great basketball player if it hit him in the head. Lebron is the Greatest of ALL TIME. Look he is the MVP this year and that proves it. Look he brought the Cav's to a championship this yea.... I mean...i have a good feeling he will bring the Cavs to a championship this year. Yeah.....mwu hah....mwuh haha....mwu hahahahahaha!

Sincerely,

The Commish

bigkingsfan
http://i40.tinypic.com/29motmv.jpg

Nets fan 93
04-23-2009, 10:11 PM
IF MJ actually knew anything about the current L...I'd be interested...what he has done with the bobcats though...why would I care about anything he says?
Picks Dj over Brook
And Morrison 3rd overall

Indian guy
04-23-2009, 10:11 PM
I love how important it is for Kobe fans to know there are people out there who still consider Kobe the best :oldlol:. It's like they need assurance from others because deep down, they probably don't believe Kobe>LeBron themselves. The guy scares them sh!tless. I go to LAKER boards and outside of the team, all they talk about is LeBron.

JEFFERSON MONEY
04-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Enough of this phucking nonsense.

This old, senile freak's 15 minutes of fame are over, and he was never bright when it came to evaluating talent. Just ignore the deutzchephag and let him bask away in his stripclubs and golf tournamentz.

F*ck MJ.

iTruWarrior
What has Wade got to do with this? Angry that he is better then Kobe now too?

Pure scorer? WTF? He takes more shots and shoots a lower percentage and he's a better pure scorer? Okay. :oldlol: Kobe is, and always will be one of the best volume scorers that we have seen.

Better closer? These are all subjective notions or points of view. Depends on what you want to get done at the end of a game.

You seem to negate the stats and simply answer with "Kobe is better at this subjective area".
Pure scorer... as MJ said more polished offensively and much more versatile than LeBron on offense.

Better closer.. Yeah, He's the better closer are you saying it's actually close? :violin:

gts
Preview:

I see Jordan still having issues assessing talent, huh?

that didn't take long...lol

LA_Showtime
04-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Exactly, just like when David Robinson won the MVP in 95. He wasn't the best center in the league nor the best player in the league, it was still Hakeem Olajuwon.

MVP does not prove who is the best player in the world.

Not trying to burst your bubble, but I believe MJ said he didn't choose to pick Kwame.

he also said pau gasol was no good... but at least he made up for kwame by picking up adam morrison.:rockon:

plowking
Dont be madd at me, be madd at Jordan...:oldlol:

I'm not mad.

I find it hysterical that you lean on this as evidence and hope that it will make others believe Kobe>Bron or Wade.

Last year it was Lebron fans making threads about Lebron being the best. This year its Kobe fans negating Wade and Lebron and also claiming that Kobe is the best.

You can tell there has been a change in the ranks and that even fanboys know it once they start making these threads.

PleezeBelieve
Van Gundy: "People wanna blame Kwame for being the #1 pick. But its not Kwame's fault, he didn't draft himself"

*MJ's balls feel kicked in*

:roll: @ Jordan being the laughing stock of NBA GM's.

magi
04-23-2009, 10:15 PM
I love how important it is for Kobe fans to know there are people out there who still consider Kobe the best :oldlol:. It's like they need assurance from others because deep down, they probably don't believe Kobe>LeBron themselves. The guy scares them sh!tless. I go to LAKER boards and outside of the team, all they talk about is LeBron.

And Cleveland fans don't do the same? WTF!?

AJ2k8
04-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Why are people ignoring the fact that MJ said Lebron could become the best ever, is that not good enough for you or didn't you read the article?

branslowski
04-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Oh ME O MY....

Question: Would different tune's be sung if Michael Jordan said LeBron is the Best?

MJ...That dam Fanboy...

Kobe Bashers (If MJ said LeBron/Wade was better)-"I agree, yup MJ, The GOAT said LeBron was the Best, it over. YESSSS!!!"

Kobe Bashers (Mj say's Kobe is best)- "He doesn't know sh!t, and my opinion is the best, F*ck MJ, prick"

plowking
04-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Pure scorer... as MJ said more polished offensively and much more versatile than LeBron on offense.

Better closer.. Yeah, He's the better closer are you saying it's actually close? :violin:

Yes, I'm oh so sad. I felt the need to come in here and protect Lebron.

I like Kobe more as a player, but I don't think he's the best anymore.

iTruWarrior
04-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Yes, I'm oh so sad. I felt the need to come in here and protect Lebron.

I like Kobe more as a player, but I don't think he's the best anymore.
Yes your opinion has such meaning. I mean you clearly don't shove people's opinions back down their throat. :rolleyes:

Why are people ignoring the fact that MJ said Lebron could become the best ever, is that not good enough for you or didn't you read the article?
They didn't read the part the wasn't bolded. My bad. :hammerhead:

plowking
04-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Oh ME O MY....

Question: Would different tune's be sung if Michael Jordan said LeBron is the Best?

MJ...That dam Fanboy...

Kobe Bashers (If MJ said LeBron/Wade was better)-"I agree, yup MJ, The GOAT said LeBron was the Best, it over. YESSSS!!!"

Kobe Bashers (Mj say's Kobe is best)- "He doesn't know sh!t, and my opinion is the best, F*ck MJ, prick"

Yep, we're all out to get Kobe. Because we care enough, right?... :ohwell: :sleeping

branslowski
04-23-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm not mad.

I find it hysterical that you lean on this as evidence and hope that it will make others believe Kobe>Bron or Wade.

Last year it was Lebron fans making threads about Lebron being the best. This year its Kobe fans negating Wade and Lebron and also claiming that Kobe is the best.

You can tell there has been a change in the ranks and that even fanboys know it once they start making these threads.

So, would it be a problem if a Wade fan made a Thread where The GOAT say's Wade is the Best...or MVP?....humm...::rolleyes:

plowking
04-23-2009, 10:20 PM
Yes your opinion has such meaning. I mean you clearly don't shove people's opinions back down their throat. :rolleyes:

They didn't read the part the wasn't bolded. My bad. :hammerhead:

Lebron is a better scorer, rebounder, passer, help defender, overall defender, more efficient.

Is that enough for you?

iTruWarrior
04-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Lebron is a better scorer, rebounder, passer, help defender, overall defender, more efficient.

Is that enough for you?
That's enough, too bad he isn't a better scorer, and too bad there is much more to basketball than that. Try again. You failed like 10 times in this thread already.

PleezeBelieve
04-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Somebody should ask MJ what's the best diet on the market. He'd probably f*ck that up, too. Dude's a clown post-basketball career.

plowking
04-23-2009, 10:23 PM
So, would it be a problem if a Wade fan made a Thread where The GOAT say's Wade is the Best...or MVP?....humm...::rolleyes:

MJ did say that Wade should be one of the top MVP candidates this season, and I think a thread was made about it. It got about 20 replies.

I simply said it's great to see Wade getting praise from the GOAT.

Those who are criticizing MJ's talent evaluation, just know, that every GM at the time would have picked Kwame. Furthermore a lot of people were convinced that Adam Morrison would be a good player in the NBA. It's hardly his fault, seeing as most other GM's would have followed suit.

plowking
04-23-2009, 10:25 PM
That's enough, too bad he isn't a better scorer, and too bad there is much more to basketball than that. Try again. You failed like 10 times in this thread already.

So I have failed by bringing up the things that he is better at? Care to explain how, or just hate to see the facts?

How is he a better scorer? Lebron is scoring more on better shooting %. Only 1% behind in 3pt shooting as well. So how is he the better scorer this season?

branslowski
04-23-2009, 10:26 PM
This is fun...:D ...like watching ants run from fire....

big baller
http://www.memelo.org/lmao.jpg

magi
Somebody should ask MJ what's the best diet on the market. He'd probably f*ck that up, too. Dude's a clown post-basketball career.
:oldlol: Anyone else feeling bad about PB's keyboard right about now?

iTruWarrior
04-23-2009, 10:27 PM
So I have failed by bringing up the things that he is better at? Care to explain how, or just hate to see the facts?

How is he a better scorer? Lebron is scoring more on better shooting %. Only 1% behind in 3pt shooting as well. So how is he the better scorer this season?
My god... Do you do anything besides look at stats? I swear you don't even look at the T.V when the Lakers are on. How about the fact that Kobe is the much more versatile scorer than LeBron?? Actualy being a threat from deep.. How about the fact that Kobe is much more polished offensively included being polished in the post?

All you do is look at stats, and when it backfires you leave like a panzy. You really think LeBron would be scoring 25+ with Gasol as his 2nd option? :violin:

oh the horror
04-23-2009, 10:28 PM
You can all say whatever you'd like, but Jordan's opinion is just about as similar as many people ive spoken to.

But then again, I live in SoCal so take from that what you will.

I think right now yes, Kobe's IQ, knowledge, and experience alone, allows him to be better at this moment. Lebron's raw talent though is massive, and his experience ultimately will make him a far higher peak in the eventual future.

Does that make any sense?

Simple Jack
04-23-2009, 10:28 PM

Or he said LeBron was the best player in the league THIS YEAR. Which also means MVP.

What exactly does pure scorer mean? Does it mean that he's better at scoring LESS points at a LOWER fg% than LeBron?

oh the horror
04-23-2009, 10:29 PM
By the way...the picture a few posts up?

Yeah, that sent a fu*king chill up my spine. Thats horrible.

iTruWarrior
04-23-2009, 10:29 PM
You can all say whatever you'd like, but Jordan's opinion is just about as similar as many people ive spoken to.

I think right now yes, Kobe's IQ, knowledge, and experience alone, allows him to be better at this moment. Lebron's raw talent though is massive, and his experience ultimately will make him a far higher peak in the eventual future.

It makes sense to the people that speak and read english. It doesn't to the blind homers of the LeBron James fanbase. I forgot about mentioning IQ as well.

Simple Jack
04-23-2009, 10:30 PM

No because it was first, LeBron isn't clutch. Then he proved to be one of the most clutch in the league. Then it was LeBron isn't a good 3 point shooter, look at his %. Well now he is. What more does he have to prove to you nostalgic knuckleheads?

He scores more points at a higher %, is a better passer, is a better rebounder, and has become the better defender. It's getting ridiculous already.

oh the horror
04-23-2009, 10:31 PM
People just simply forget that one is still merely 24 years old. Massive talent or not...youre still a child mentally.

gts
04-23-2009, 10:32 PM
Breaking news, This just in..
A man Identified as Bruce Blitz was found hanging from a Chicago office building this afternoon. witnesses said he was heard shouting "watch this on Youtube MJ you POS" moments before he hung himself.

http://www.xlab.co.uk/photos/albums/prague/imgs/hanging-man.jpg

bleedinpurpleTwo

Is that enough for you?

and yet kobe outplayed him at both ends..both times this year. thats not speculation, that is fact

that said, lebron deserves his mvp. he has played the best this year.

Mikaiel
I'm shocked MJ said LeBron had the potential to be the best ever. He's usually really critical of him for some reason ...

PleezeBelieve
04-23-2009, 10:33 PM

No, try again. You don't believe that crap. :oldlol:

oh the horror
04-23-2009, 10:36 PM
No, try again. You don't believe that crap. :oldlol:

I wasnt aware that this was a contest.

plowking
04-23-2009, 10:37 PM
My god... Do you do anything besides look at stats? I swear you don't even look at the T.V when the Lakers are on. How about the fact that Kobe is the much more versatile scorer than LeBron?? Actualy being a threat from deep.. How about the fact that Kobe is much more polished offensively included being polished in the post?

All you do is look at stats, and when it backfires you leave like a panzy. You really think LeBron would be scoring 25+ with Gasol as his 2nd option? :violin:

No, I just happened to catch about 60 Lakers games this season is all. :oldlol:

Lakers are one of the only teams I follow with about as much regularity as the Heat. I've watched nearly all the Lakers games this season, pretty much due to Kobe and the fact that I love watching him play.

What stats? It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Lebron is better at these things.

"You don't even watch the games" is possibly the most stupid argument on these boards. I'm a basketball fan FFS, what would I be doing on a basketball forum if I didn't watch the game.

Lebron is shooting 40% from deep since the all star and only 1% less then Kobe from deep for the season. Lebron is just as much a threat from everywhere as Kobe is now.

What is this pure scorer BS? Kobe shoots the ball more and is scoring less at a lower FG%. If you want to hang on to that "pure scorer" term like its your life, then go ahead. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Talk about shoving people's opinions down their throats. I at least present facts to rebuttle your arguments where as your response is simply "U FAILED. lol. TRY AGAIN". :rolleyes:

plowking
04-23-2009, 10:38 PM
I'm shocked MJ said LeBron had the potential to be the best ever. He's usually really critical of him for some reason ...

Probably jealous of his cool tats.

iTruWarrior
04-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Great job plowking.....at stating your opinion. Luckily I know a liar when I see one and I see a liar.

It's cool. I'll just wait for somebody that's actually worth arguing with. I think oh the horror just summed it up perfectly.

plowking
04-23-2009, 10:39 PM
and yet kobe outplayed him at both ends..both times this year. thats not speculation, that is fact

Wade outplayed Kobe each time they played.

So...

Wade> Kobe
Lebron>Wade
Kobe>Lebron

???

Jasper
04-23-2009, 10:40 PM

If that is what Jordan said - I believe him.

iTruWarrior
04-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Wade outplayed Kobe each time they played.

So...

Wade> Kobe
Lebron>Wade
Kobe>Lebron

???
Oh I get it, the only reason why you are saying LeBron is better is to promote D. Wade as the best shooting guard in the league. Hate to burst your bubble, actually I would love to, but Kobe is still the best player in the league and if he isn't he's the best shooting guard in the league.

plowking
04-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Great job plowking.....at stating your opinion. Luckily I know a liar when I see one and I see a liar.

It's cool. I'll just wait for somebody that's actually worth arguing with. I think oh the horror just summed it up perfectly.

How am I a liar?

What is hard to understand for you.

For half the season I was saying Kobe is better. Lebron and Wade have both surpassed him in my opinion.

I even prefer and like watching Kobe more then Lebron.

Why are you in such heavy denial. It must be depressing for you to focus your love for basketball simply on one player like you are.

All Net
04-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Lebron has been the best this year not If's or but's about it...Kobe has had a great season as ever but hasn't had to do as much as Lebron has....Lebron has been a stat machine and will be for many more years to come. I think Kobe is just happy with being around great team-mates who can take the pressure off him.

Stop these stupid comparisions already.

plowking
04-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Oh I get it, the only reason why you are saying LeBron is better is to promote D. Wade as the best shooting guard in the league. Hate to burst your bubble, actually I would love to, but Kobe is still the best player in the league and if he isn't he's the best shooting guard in the league.

OMG. :rolleyes:

Denial. You are in denial and insecure. Thus the reason to make such a thread.

I don't care if Wade is the worst player in the league. He's done a great job as the worst player in the league at carrying my Heat to the playoffs.

Like I said. I was saying Kobe was the best player in the league for half the season, you can look at my posts before the all star break and such and you will see this as proof. Wade and James have simply surpassed Kobe now.

iTruWarrior
04-23-2009, 10:47 PM
OMG. :rolleyes:

Denial. You are in denial and insecure. Thus the reason to make such a thread.

I don't care if Wade is the worst player in the league. He's done a great job as the worst player in the league at carrying my Heat to the playoffs.

Like I said. I was saying Kobe was the best player in the league for half the season, you can look at my posts before the all star break and such and you will see this as proof. Wade and James have simply surpassed Kobe now.
Or I found an article on another site and I decided to post it here. You have your opinion I have mine. No need to show your period symptoms here.

plowking
04-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Or I found an article on another site and I decided to post it here. You have your opinion I have mine. No need to show your period symptoms here.

Says the guy with the female trait of just brushing things off even when facts are staring him straight in the face.

"Fail, try again. Lol. Kobe is AWESUM". :oldlol: :rolleyes:

Mikaiel
04-23-2009, 10:51 PM
1. Laker fans have a short memory. Yeah Kobe outplayed LeBron this year, but it's not like he was dominating those games. Actually he wasn't even the best player on the court for those 2 games. And I guess they forgot last year when LeBron truly outplayed Kobe, including complete domination in a 4th quarter comeback in LA, with the gamewinner over Kobe. And btw, LeBron is 6-3 against Kobe ...

2. When people say Kobe is a better scorer than LeBron, they're not talking about his ability to put the ball in the hoop, but his arsenal. LeBron doesn't have a complete game like Kobe. Kobe can do it so many different ways. His footwork is superb. He could jab-step, step-back or pull-up in his sleep. LeBron can't do that. Kobe can take you off the dribble, rise up and sink the jumper in your face, he can back you down and shoot the fadeaway. He can basically do everything, and at a high level most of the time. LeBron ? Well, he can drive right, he can drive left ... and that's pretty much it. Well not really, but compared to Kobe, his arsenal is really small. It doesn't mean he's a worse player though, but he's somewhat limited compared to Kobe.

nbastatus
04-23-2009, 11:00 PM
i still think kobe is a better player

zabuza666
04-23-2009, 11:29 PM

How the hell is Lebron not a better scorer then Kobe? He scores at a more effective rate.

"But kobe can score in more ways". Honestly who gives a ****? As long as they put the ball in the hole, which Lebron does more effectively then Kobe.

iTruWarrior
04-23-2009, 11:32 PM
How the hell is Lebron not a better scorer then Kobe? He scores at a more effective rate.

"But kobe can score in more ways". Honestly who gives a ****? As long as they put the ball in the hole, which Lebron does more effectively then Kobe.
Main thing is, Kobe has teammates. We've seen what Kobe has been able to do with no teammates and that is being able to score 30+ and at one point 35 PPG. Kobe's job is not to score all 4 quarters, he faciliates in the 1st half and then scores in the 2nd half.

All opinion really.

Bigsmoke
04-23-2009, 11:39 PM
Kobe copy all of MJ's moves so duh.

DonDadda59
04-23-2009, 11:39 PM
Who the **** cares who Jordan thinks is 'better right now'? Like everyone else, he has an opinion... not one I agree with, but he has every right to express it. The thing that everyone seems to be neglecting, which is 100x times more interesting than the usual Kobe vs Lebron crap, is the fact that MJ- arguably the most competetive NBA player ever, and universally regarded as the best to ever do it, is saying someone else has the potential to be the best of all time. The man is so competetive that he cheated his teammates' grandmothers in card games, absolutely ruthless. But he feels comfortable saying, on record, Lebron can someday usurp his throne?!

I think that was by far the most interesting bit in that interview. But keep going in circles, without being subjective obviously, about who you think is better...

Sir Charles
04-23-2009, 11:42 PM
Ofcourse Jordan will pick the player most similar to him in style: SG Skills, Offense and D :rolleyes:

Lebron is more Magic and Barkley Not Only a Driver or Scorer but a Rebounder and Game Creator - Assiter from the SF Spot.

zabuza666
04-23-2009, 11:45 PM
Main thing is, Kobe has teammates. We've seen what Kobe has been able to do with no teammates and that is being able to score 30+ and at one point 35 PPG. Kobe's job is not to score all 4 quarters, he faciliates in the 1st half and then scores in the 2nd half.

All opinion really.

Way to completely avoid the question. Besides even when they were both scoring around the same level, Lebron was still doing it at an effective rate. I'm sorry but there's no way you can say Kobe is better then Lebron.

iTruWarrior
04-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Way to completely avoid the question. Besides even when they were both scoring around the same level, Lebron was still doing it at an effective rate. I'm sorry but there's no way you can say Kobe is better then Lebron.
I believe Jordan and I just did. :rolleyes:

Fatal9
04-23-2009, 11:49 PM
Right now, the choice is clearly Wade. What puts him over Kobe for me is his decision making. He has reached a balance of scoring and passing that Kobe has never been able to in his entire career. It's not just how many assists he averaged but just knowing what the appropriate play is. His playoff performance (when healthy) and superior skill set puts him over Lebron for me.

imdaman99
04-23-2009, 11:50 PM
You're a Bulls fan and you dare question anything MJ has said? Traitor :lol

zabuza666
04-23-2009, 11:50 PM
I believe Jordan and I just did. :rolleyes:

Don't ever enter a profession which requires debating skills. Honestly.

iTruWarrior
04-23-2009, 11:52 PM
Don't ever enter a profession which requires debating skills. Honestly.
Why? Because I don't like at stats all the time? There is much more to stats. It's fine if you think LeBron is better, It's not like it's Kobe by a mile. I say It's a Kobe, but it's close. Try to post without attacking. Thanks.

plowking
04-23-2009, 11:58 PM
Why? Because I don't like at stats all the time? There is much more to stats. It's fine if you think LeBron is better, It's not like it's Kobe by a mile. I say It's a Kobe, but it's close. Try to post without attacking. Thanks.

No need to show your period symptoms here

Try again. You failed like 10 times in this thread already.

and when it backfires you leave like a panzy

It makes sense to the people that speak and read english. It doesn't to the blind homers of the LeBron James fanbase. I forgot about mentioning IQ as well.

You're one to talk.

NBASTATMAN
04-24-2009, 12:03 AM

Wow Mj has never said that best ever thing about Kobe but that is a compliment from the Best ever hands down.. And I agree. Kobe is better at this point but Lebron if he can stay healthy and get real talent around him will be the only player that gets in the MJ league.. But he needs to get the talent Kobe has had around him to get big titles... He may not need that much just another Pippen by his side... Not sure if its going to happen though... Big compliment from MJ..

inclinerator
04-24-2009, 12:04 AM
wtf and lebron doesnt play both ends of the floor? Lebron has been better defensively this year than kobe

Duncan21formvp
04-24-2009, 12:04 AM
This is false. This is only because Kobe and him are boys.

NBASTATMAN
04-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Who the **** cares who Jordan thinks is 'better right now'? Like everyone else, he has an opinion... not one I agree with, but he has every right to express it. The thing that everyone seems to be neglecting, which is 100x times more interesting than the usual Kobe vs Lebron crap, is the fact that MJ- arguably the most competetive NBA player ever, and universally regarded as the best to ever do it, is saying someone else has the potential to be the best of all time. The man is so competetive that he cheated his teammates' grandmothers in card games, absolutely ruthless. But he feels comfortable saying, on record, Lebron can someday usurp his throne?!

I think that was by far the most interesting bit in that interview. But keep going in circles, without being subjective obviously, about who you think is better...

Yea THAT IS BY FAR THE BIGGEST COMPLIMENT I HAVE EVER HEARD MJ GIVE.. He has spoken highly of Kobe and Wade but he has never said these guys could be the best ever.. But he had no problems saying Lebron could take his throne.. WOW..

NBASTATMAN
04-24-2009, 12:10 AM
MVP and best player in the league are two different things. If he had said LeBron you would singing a very different song.:violin:

Well Magic said Lebron was the best player in the game at this moment.. MJ says Kobe and I the one and only say WADE.. MY opinion counts more..

zabuza666
04-24-2009, 12:14 AM

Try to post with reason, yeah stats only make up part of the story. But how can you honestly tell me that Kobe is better then Lebron? "because he has a better variety of offensive moves" :roll:

NBASTATMAN
04-24-2009, 12:19 AM
LeBron=MVP

Kobe=Best In The Game..

Dont agree with me...cool...we all have opinion's....SUCK IT..

I would agree Kobe is a bit better all around but Lebron dominates at a much higher level... MJ did give Lebron the ultimate compliment, he can be the best ever.. He never has said this about Kobe...

Dave3
04-24-2009, 12:40 AM

Wow dude. All you've done the entire thread was insult plowking telling him he doesn't watch games or he has an agenda bla bla bla..yet he's actually brought up points and all you do is deflect them with personal statements, nothing about actual basketball. Either bring up real basketball points like he is or just admit you have nothing productive to say. I mean, there's no problem with having an opinion on a debatable subject, but it's another thing to ridicule people of the opposite opinion while hypocritically claiming "LeBron homers are crying" while you actually bring nothing substantial to the table.

Like plowking said, LeBron has IMPROVED his shot to rival Kobe's shot. LeBron shot 34% from 3 pointers and 39% from midrange (compared to Kobe's 42%) on the season. His shot is improved and is fine now. His defense is improved as well and that was shown by his 2nd place finish as DPOY. If you want to claim the people that vote for that are retards who follow trends that's fine, but those are the COACHES of the NBA, the same type of people as Jordan is right now when he claims that Kobe is the best. Magic Johnson said that James was the best right now, and even though I prefer LeBron, I still said that people's opinions shouldn't be accepted as facts because they're humans like the rest of us. If Jordan says Kobe is better and Magic says LeBron is better, who would you trust? Argue the points or just stop responding to plowking and other posters with comments like "Some of you guys have IQ problems"

SmackOrH.A.K
04-24-2009, 01:04 AM
Good job MJ saying the obvious. :hammerhead:

strifed169
04-24-2009, 01:46 AM
Preview:

/thread

Foster5k
04-24-2009, 01:56 AM
Lebron is going to be the face of the NBA. Face it...

Jordan is right.. Kobe is the best right now... but Lebron will surpass him.. and possibly become the most dominate force, ever seen in the NBA(besides a big man.. like Kareem..Shaq..Wilt..etc..)

shadow
04-24-2009, 02:16 AM
I don't get how people still say Kobe is better than LeBron.
Let's compare:
Defense: Kobe barely plays any and only when he wants to. LeBron's effort is much more consistent plus he is a better shotblocker. Is Kobe a better defender if he rarely plays any D despite having more ability?

Offense: LeBron's more efficient in general, equal in 3 point shooting, has shown he's clutch. They both have been subpar in the finals so its a wash for now.

Ball IQ: It took Kobe almost 10 years in the league to figure out how to pass the ball. People keep talking about lack of help, and I give him that but he had some horrible shot selection. Compare him to LeBron and Wade in the same situations where both guys take better shots and move the ball more. Only recently has Kobe gotten "it," and even then he'll revert back to his old self, often at the worst times.

About the only thing Kobe's clearly better in is style. Sorry but watching LeBron is like watching some fat guy performing an awkward ballet. OK maybe I exaggerate but I just don't find he has the same flair as Kobe or Wade.

Anyway I'm not saying Kobe sucks, he doesn't. Kobe's obviously one of the best players of his generation. It's just that as much as I hate to admit it as a Laker fan, LeBron's surpassed Kobe at his best, and LeBron's not even in his prime yet.

Samurai Swoosh
04-24-2009, 02:29 AM
You know what I find funny? People who truly don't understand what good defense really entails. Most of the time, good defense isn't represented in any statistical form. Only through context. Which thus loses some people, cause all they understand is numbers. If stats were an indication of how good a defender was, Allen Iverson would've been one of the elite defenders in the league. I mean he racked up steals like crazy, right? Wrong, he played passing lanes. Good defense is only seen through context. Defense is about stopping your man from scoring, or at the very least slowing him down.

Bush4Ever
04-24-2009, 02:31 AM
How about we just say that Kobe and Lebron are both extremely close to one another, and that a single person's opinion on these things should never be taken as the gospel truth?

Anyone?

*tumbleweed*

lol nevermind

Lebron = Most Valuable Player
Kobe = MVP (Most Valuable Personwhoshootslike20percentagainstthejazzlol)

:banana:

Dave3
04-24-2009, 02:31 AM
You know what I find funny? People who truly don't understand what good defense really entails. Most of the time, good defense isn't represented in any statistical form. Only through context. Which thus loses some people, cause all they understand is numbers. If stats were an indication of how good a defender was, Allen Iverson would've been one of the elite defenders in the league. I mean he racked up steals like crazy, right? Wrong, he played passing lanes. Good defense is only seen through context. Defense is about stopping your man from scoring, or at the very least slowing him down.
Well said but I'd disagree with one thing. It's not only stopping your man but the entire other team (of course without your man to man D suffering). So if you stop your man as equally as another player, while getting blocks and steals from the rest of the other team, you're an excellent defender.

Samurai Swoosh
04-24-2009, 02:38 AM
Well said but I'd disagree with one thing. It's not only stopping your man but the entire other team (of course without your man to man D suffering). So if you stop your man as equally as another player, while getting blocks and steals from the rest of the other team, you're an excellent defender.
Thats why blocks and steals can come as a result of good defense, but that isn't the FOCUS of what makes a good defender. Those will come naturally with good defense.

Yes, within the team concept it's about shutting down the other team, but I was speaking on an individual level. One person can only worry about their assignments. Not everyone's at the same time. Is there such thing as good timely help defense, sure. But the individual concept of defense is about stopping your man.

And what I hate in the league is how easy the DPOY award is given to big men and the reasoning is for rebounds and blocks. They get it by default. And rebounds aren't near an indicator of a good defender, either. Just ask Charles Barkely.

Mikaiel
04-24-2009, 02:50 AM
One person can only worry about their assignments. Not everyone's at the same time.

:no: :no: :no:

You gotta play defense as a team. You have to know where the ball is at all times, you have be to ready to help. You have to communicate. If everyone just worries about their own assignments, things can get ugly pretty fast. When one guy gets beat, you gotta come over and help. Even if that means leaving your man open. If you're on a good team, someone else will have your back and the whole defense rotates and takes away the opportunity the offense had, or at least they end up with a contested shot instead of an open one. It's pretty easy for example to shut down a Kyle Korver or a guy like that, just stay on him all game and don't give him any breathing room. But how many free drives to the basket the other team would have ?

Samurai Swoosh
04-24-2009, 02:52 AM
:no: :no: :no:

You gotta play defense as a team. You have to know where the ball is at all times, you have be to ready to help. You have to communicate.
You missed the help defense aspect of my post, no? That falls under assignments. I was more speaking as if one man can't guard the whole team. You play defense as a team, but it starts at the ground level on individual matchups. That dictates how the defense plays via matchup issues, etc.

Mikaiel
04-24-2009, 03:04 AM
You missed the help defense aspect of my post, no? That falls under assignments. I was more speaking as if one man can't guard the whole team. You play defense as a team, but it starts at the ground level on individual matchups. That dictates how the defense plays via matchup issues, etc.

Yes you can say it starts on individual matchups, but as a player, you can't be focused on your particular man. If everyone is focused on stopping the other team, then you have a great defense. If everyone is just focused about their man, not so much. Just look at the Cavs. Invidually they're not nothing special. Just LeBron and Delonte West are good defenders. But they're all great team defenders and they know where they have to be at all times, when to help, how to rotate. And they've got arguably the best defense in the league. Without great invidual defenders. Because when one of those guys gets beat, the other 4 guys on the floor will always do the right thing. They don't worry about leaving their assignments, they know the other guys will do their job and rotate properly. They couldn't play defense like they do now if they only worried about their own assignments.

Simple Jack
04-24-2009, 03:38 AM

Ahh you do know the past 3 years they met up, LeBron has edged Kobe out in terms of individual play. I guess LeBron was better for 05-06, 06-07 and 07-08 seasons? :confusedshrug:

bdreason
04-24-2009, 04:02 AM
MJ isn't the greatest judge of talent...

lukekarts
04-24-2009, 06:39 AM
MJ was asked who was better out of Kobe and LeBron, not who is the best player in the NBA.

So really, what we have here are 20 users squabbling about who they think is the second best player in the NBA, as of course, Wade is the best.

snipes12
04-24-2009, 07:47 AM
lebron vs kobe thread is a sure hit in ish

Laker4Lyfe
04-24-2009, 08:35 AM

Of course not this is ISH. The homers read the title and war was declared.

ISH is really sad sometimes. :cry::cry:

DukeDelonte13
04-24-2009, 08:42 AM
Lebron = MVP.

Deal with it.

I rarely agree with this guy but he speaks the truth here.

2LeTTeRS
04-24-2009, 08:56 AM
MJ isn't the greatest judge of talent...

And you are? I love how some random posters living in their mothers basements feel their able to insult someone because a mentally weak player didn't progress as he was supposed to. Kwame came into the NBA too early, but based on his freakish physical skills and size and the fact that the year he was drafted there were no NBA players with true star potential around. Who would you rather he have picked? Eddy Curry? Tyson Chandler? Shane Battier? Yes Pau turned out well, but going into the draft hardly nobody knew who he was.

And I don't get why people are getting their panties in a not over the reasons Jordan gave as to why he picked Kobe. He's obviously the more polished offensive player at this time, and even though for the last 2 years Bron has played defense more than he did early in his career he hasn't built the same resume as Kobe has on that side of the ball. Whether or not you agree with the man's opinion at least he gave his reasoning, and the fact that he said Bron has the talent to be the best ever shows how much respect he has for Bron's game.

NBASTATMAN
04-24-2009, 09:22 AM
MJ was asked who was better out of Kobe and LeBron, not who is the best player in the NBA.

So really, what we have here are 20 users squabbling about who they think is the second best player in the NBA, as of course, Wade is the best.

TRUE.. Wade is better than kobe and lebron..

Dro
04-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Wow, this thread is really sad........Is this how this forum is? I agree with plowking, he's made some good points.......Other guys are just attacking him with no arguments and people ignore all the good posts........The same 3-4 guys are derailing the thread with their homerism.......

Mdog1
04-24-2009, 10:38 AM
I don't know how MJ can say that Kobe and I quote "He plays both ends of the floor". Kobe Bryant plays defense sometimes, and the Lakers are better defensively when he is on the bench. He is a good offensive player, but that's about all he does. He isn't a great passer, isn't a great rebounder he is a scorer. MJ just said this because Kobe plays closer to his style than LeBron does.

Cabbage
04-24-2009, 11:06 AM
How unstoppable would the lakers be if dwyane wade instead of kobe bryant was on the team?

Mdog1
04-24-2009, 11:13 AM
How unstoppable would the lakers be if dwyane wade instead of kobe bryant was on the team?
70 wins easily IMO and that is with the Bynum injury.

cavsfanatic
04-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Its his opinion... magic said lb was better and I sai ok that his opinion. Lebron better than kobe is on defense now tho by far. Offensively kobe has a deadly jumper and lebrons is inconsistent but it is becoming potent. Lebron is a more dominant magic johnson while kobe is like jordan wit a better 3 but not as good as a midrange and not as good defense. To me it don't matter what anybody says. Just enjoy the 2 beast

Champion
04-24-2009, 11:44 AM
The best player didn't stand up last night.

Godfather
04-24-2009, 01:35 PM

:eek:

Jordan said LeBron could be the best ever...

xtn5021
04-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Oh God... *Ducks for the wave of trolls to come.*

Kappy
04-24-2009, 09:05 PM
Lebron - "the most dominant player in the league"!!

Kobe - "still the best player in the league"!!

With that being said, Lebron WILL pass Kobe, and WILL become the best player in the league ..... Just not quite yet!!!

:pimp:

bleedinpurpleTwo
04-24-2009, 09:20 PM
Lebron - "the most dominant player in the league"!!

Kobe - "still the best player in the league"!!

With that being said, Lebron WILL pass Kobe, and WILL become the best player in the league ..... Just not quite yet!!!

:pimp:

both Lebron and Wade.
In fact, it's merely a judgement call between the 3.

No.45
04-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Jordan, the GOAT, said Lebron has the potential to be the best ever. Now that's a compliment.

Alpha Wolf
04-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Jordan, the GOAT, said Lebron has the potential to be the best ever. Now that's a compliment.

POTENTIAL

Jordan clearly said Kobe's the best. (no qualifiers in that statement)

However when talking about LeBron, he said he has the potential to be the best ever. That my friend is a qualifier, which means there is no certainty to that statement.

2LeTTeRS
04-24-2009, 09:56 PM
POTENTIAL

Jordan clearly said Kobe's the best. (no qualifiers in that statement)

However when talking about LeBron, he said he has the potential to be the best ever. That my friend is a qualifier, which means there is no certainty to that statement.

And thats the highest praise you can give you a current player right? I mean how else could you say a player whose career is only just beginning has a good chance to be the best ever?

LA_Showtime
04-24-2009, 10:51 PM
I'd pick LeBron. Kobe's probably got more skills at this point in their careers, but LeBron can get to the paint at will and Kobe can't do that anymore. Games like last night show Kobe's getting old. He couldn't get to the rim and barely shot any free throws.

zay_24
04-24-2009, 11:21 PM
It basically goes like this:
Those who never played organized basketball and sit on the couch all day and watch the NBA think lebron is the best.

Those who have played organized basketball think Kobe is the best(which is why pretty much every NBA player/coach(including lebron), say Kobe is the best.
You guys take kobe for granted. Those of us who do play basketball know how hard it is to do the stuff kobe does, and a lot of us can't do it no matter how hard we try. Lebron doesn't do anything none us can't do. He doesn't have ANY moves none of us can't do.

LA_Showtime
04-24-2009, 11:29 PM
Those who never played organized basketball and sit on the couch all day and watch the NBA think lebron is the best.

Those who have played organized basketball think Kobe is the best(which is why pretty much every NBA player/coach(including lebron), say Kobe is the best.
You guys take kobe for granted. Those of us who do play basketball know how hard it is to do the stuff kobe does, and a lot of us can't do it no matter how hard we try. Lebron doesn't do anything none us can't do. He doesn't have ANY moves none of us can't do.

Haha oh God.

gxL
04-25-2009, 12:17 AM
Lebron = MVP.

Deal with it.

so steve nash must've been the best player in the league for 2 years straight

Mikaiel
04-25-2009, 12:58 AM

Those who have played organized basketball think Kobe is the best

Hmm, who knew it was that simple ?

bleedinpurpleTwo
04-25-2009, 01:14 AM

I played and coached college bball and I believe Lebron had a better all around season than Kobe. Is he "better" than Kobe? Some days yes, some days no. It really depends on which Kobe shows up. When Kobe brings it, which is NOT every game, he is the best player in the world.

imo, MJ is referring to the Kobe who plays his best.

Hotlantadude81
04-25-2009, 01:14 AM

In fairness, plowking didn't draft Kwame Brown number 1.

All Kobe really has is a better jumpshot and at 46% it's not all that and a bag of chips.

zabuza666
04-25-2009, 04:16 AM

Sweet jesus how do you have the IQ to breathe? What exactly does Kobe do taht Lebron doesn't? :confusedshrug:

JJ81
04-25-2009, 10:27 AM
I wish this was a video rather than a written article.

Masterz313
04-25-2009, 10:43 AM
IF MJ actually knew anything about the current L...I'd be interested...what he has done with the bobcats though...why would I care about anything he says?
Picks Dj over Brook
And Morrison 3rd overall

precisely. he's best player ever but a proven terrible talent evaluator

people who think kobe is better fascinate me. maybe its because kobe is a finished product and lebron still has a ceiling he's trying to reach. the whole idea of kobe being handed the best player in the league mantle all these years when he hasnt won anything is laughable. tim duncan has been the best player of the last ten years, not kobe bryant. shaqs prolly second, not kobe bryant.

dwayne wade is better than him at this point

i've always defended kobe, mostly cuz there was a time when people disrespected his game based on offcourt **** and personal hate. bt there's no way i'd consider him the best in the league when he's shown in recent playoffs that when the going gets tough, he folds up shop and gets ready for summer.

New Jazzy Nets
04-25-2009, 10:58 AM

Would you admit to picking kwame brown or would you push off the blame to someone else?

branslowski
05-19-2009, 01:41 PM
:ohwell:

dawsey6
05-19-2009, 01:51 PM
What's all the ****ing commotion about? Did ANYONE read the other 90% of the answer?

MJ: “Kobe is the best player in the NBA now. He plays both ends of the floor, is the most polished offensively, and works harder than anyone. But LeBron has the potential to be the best ever. As incredible as he already is, he is still learning the game. LeBron is going to be unbelievable.”

I believe it was a pretty politically correct and unbiased answer, as MJ is known for.

Peter Griffin
05-19-2009, 02:41 PM
Dirk Nowitzki is the Best player in the nba!

Mgamer20o0
05-19-2009, 02:50 PM
who cares.