PDA

View Full Version : RIDICULOUS Kobe Bryant comments

Pages : [1] 2

Samurai Swoosh
04-25-2009, 11:23 AM
Now, I love Kobe ... but this is beyond ridiculous.

Numerous people have mentioned that Michael Jordan would never allow the Chicago Bulls to lose a game like Thursday night's -- his team would never blow a 13-point third-quarter lead while Jordan made only five of 24 shots. Bryant shook his head. "One big difference," he said. "Michael had Scottie Pippen. He had someone who could distribute the ball and keep everyone else involved." Bryant momentarily sighed. "Michael could come out and shoot the ball 40 times a game," Bryant said. "I can't do that." LA Times

Bryant: "Having someone like Pippen would be a big luxury for me, because scoring is what I do best, but it's OK," he said. "It's a challenge, and I welcome the challenge." He's right. If the Lakers win the championship, it will be Bryant's finest NBA moment, because he will not have shot his team there, he will have led his team there. LA Times

http://insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml

Come on Kobe, having dominant low post threat, two to be exact, is a way bigger luxury than anything Jordan ever had. Was Pippen a great fascilitator, a solid scorer, and an all around great player? Yes. Nothing that ever made the game as easy as having a great skillful 7'0 PF in Pau Gasol, and a 7'1 Center in Andrew Bynum.

What do yall think ...

daballa13
04-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Honestly Kobe is just trying to make himself seem as good as Jordan when he isn't even close to as good as Lebron is now. Kobe needs to STFU and focus on the series because he played horrible and he can't blame anyone but himself. I guarantee LeBron won't have one single performance that bad in this years playoffs. Even if Kobe did have a player like Scottie I'm sure Scottie would get up and leave sooner or later, Kobe's ego is just too big and he can't back it up like MJ and I don't think Scottie would treat Kobe like he did MJ, completely different class.

TheGrassIsGreen
04-25-2009, 11:38 AM
If people keep insisting on comparing him with Jordan, I think he has the right to defend himself. This would not have come out of his mouth had the reporter not asked him the question.

gts
04-25-2009, 11:42 AM
context

Bryant agreed that for probably the first time in his career, he has gone three postseason games without putting his stamp on any of them.

But, no, he's not ready to change anything yet.

"I'm going to stick to the script," he said. "I'm going to get the guys involved early, work it inside, get them going . . . and if that doesn't work, then go to me."

The first two games, the Lakers survived. The third game, they imploded, with Bryant's fingerprints all over the wreckage. When he finally started looking for the basket, he couldn't find it, and the Lakers were lost.

Shouldn't he start doing a little more, a little earlier?

"Yeah, I will probably have to look for my shot a little earlier, maybe I've been waiting too long," he said, pausing. "But, still, I know what my job is."

He says his job is not to score 50 points in a losing playoff game as he did against Phoenix a couple of years ago.

"I've got a different role here now," he said. "I can't just go out there and shoot like crazy."

Numerous people have mentioned that Michael Jordan would never allow the Chicago Bulls to lose a game like Thursday night's -- his team would never blow a 13-point third-quarter lead while Jordan made only five of 24 shots.

Bryant shook his head.

"One big difference," he said. "Michael had Scottie Pippen. He had someone who could distribute the ball and keep everyone else involved."

Bryant momentarily sighed.

"Michael could come out and shoot the ball 40 times a game," Bryant said. "I can't do that."

Again, he smiled.

"Having someone like Pippen would be a big luxury for me, because scoring is what I do best, but it's OK," he said. "It's a challenge, and I welcome the challenge."

Part of this leadership is understanding his teammates, and Bryant knows what happens if he comes out firing.

"I've done that, but then the rest of the team sits back and watches, and doesn't get into a rhythm, and it doesn't do us any good," he said. "Sometimes it's harder this way, but I've got to give them their opportunities first."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-plaschke-kobe-bryant25-2009apr25,0,3170084,full.column

Sir Charles
04-25-2009, 11:49 AM
But then again Jordan never had a 17-20 PPG, 50-58% FG, 8-9 RPG; 3-4 APG and 1.5-2.1 BPG...7'0 ft CF as Skilled, Smart, Passing, B-Ball IQued and Fundamentaly Sound (almost in the 80s way!) as Bryant does in Pau Gasol! :rolleyes:

:violin:

twolvesfan
04-25-2009, 11:57 AM
If people keep insisting on comparing him with Jordan, I think he has the right to defend himself. This would not have come out of his mouth had the reporter not asked him the question.
yes but he did kind of throw pau and bynum under the bus essentially saying they arent good enough

BallersTalk
04-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Kobe and his fans are probably the only people in the world that thinks he's better than MJ.

Cangri
04-25-2009, 12:00 PM
"I've got a different role here now," he said. "I can't just go out there and shoot like crazy."
Yeah that's why even when he's shooting bricks he still shoots more than the anyone in his team.

And like another guy said, he has Gasol. If having someone like Gasol can't make him happy, then I don't know what will.

GMW
04-25-2009, 12:01 PM
yes but he did kind of throw pau and bynum under the bus essentially saying they arent good enough
No he didn't, all he said was that he doesn't have a distributor like Pippen on his team, so he has to make sure he keeps everyone involved, while MJ could focus more on scoring and have Pippen keep the others involved. Nowhere did he say that his teammates aren't good enough.

BallersTalk
04-25-2009, 12:03 PM
No he didn't, all he said was that he doesn't have a distributor like Pippen on his team, so he has to make sure he keeps everyone involved, while MJ could focus more on scoring and have Pippen keep the others involved. Nowhere did he say that his teammates aren't good enough.
Kobe has an entire team of people that can create/distribute. Gasol, Odom, Walton. This game was all on him. He should've gotten out of the way and let Odom/Gasol work.

west
04-25-2009, 12:03 PM
But then again Jordan never had a 17-20 PPG, 50-58% FG, 8-9 RPG; 3-4 APG and 1.5-2.1 BPG...7'0 ft CF as Skilled, Smart, Passing, B-Ball IQued and Fundamentaly Sound (almost in the 80s way!) as Bryant does in Pau Gasol! :rolleyes:

:violin:
I always thought Sir Charles never care current basketball.:oldlol:
Sir Charles is a great poster when he isn't talking about Barkley.:applause:

Mikaiel
04-25-2009, 12:06 PM
WTF ? His team is the most talented team in the league, by far, and he still finds a way to complain ? :ohwell:

Micku

People would always do the comparison because the media is looking for the next MJ. Currently it's Kobe because he is one of the best players in the league. It's understandable why he would say that because it's out of frustration, but at the same time he has a team full of talent.

I didn't see the whole game, but it looked like Odom and Gasol played very well. His teammates are the best he could ask for when it comes to talent. I think it's the defense that's the problem, right? The Lakers as a team needs to play better D?

KenneBell
I wouldn't take it too seriously. Although he is right that he has a different role than Jordan in the offense, he did just come one of his worst game ever. More of a frustration type comment than anything.

BallersTalk
04-25-2009, 12:12 PM
I wouldn't take it too seriously. Although he is right that he has a different role than Jordan in the offense, he did just come one of his worst game ever. More of a frustration type comment than anything.
Kobe's not one to take the blame graciously ever. When clearly, the blame's on him this game. He implied that he has a bigger role on the Lakers than Jordan did on the Bulls. And that's insane considering the type of scrubs Jordan played with. When Kobe's on the floor he is rarely out there with just role players. He's got two legit big men. A skilled SF/PF that can bring him the ball, make plays, and create mismatches. This team is far more talented than any of Jordan's Bulls teams. Way more.

joe
04-25-2009, 12:16 PM
It's clear that nearly everyone who posted in here didn't read the full story.

The reporter was asking him if he should start looking for his shot earlier instead of trying to get other guys involved. He said he probably has to, but wishes he didn't have to choose "one or the other" and could have another distributor on the team.

indy
04-25-2009, 12:16 PM
Having addressed the issue of Michael Jordan, I asked Bryant about the other giant shadow over his shoulder, guy by the name of LeBron James.

Think the Cleveland Cavaliers star is scouting him these days?

"Of course he's watching, I know LeBron, he's watching everything I do, that's just his personality," Bryant said with a grin.

And, so, is Bryant studying James?

The smile ended.

"No," he said with a laser stare. "I could care less."
from the same article

:roll: :roll: :roll:

PleezeBelieve
04-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Is he implying if he had Pippen he could score and do things like Jordan?

Oh yea right, nevermind, that's not his role. :rolleyes:

Cangri
04-25-2009, 12:18 PM
from the same article

:roll: :roll:

bleedinpurpleTwo
04-25-2009, 12:21 PM

Numerous people have mentioned that Michael Jordan would never allow the Chicago Bulls to lose a game like Thursday night's -- his team would never blow a 13-point third-quarter lead while Jordan made only five of 24 shots. Bryant shook his head. "One big difference," he said. "Michael had Scottie Pippen. He had someone who could distribute the ball and keep everyone else involved." Bryant momentarily sighed. "Michael could come out and shoot the ball 40 times a game," Bryant said. "I can't do that." LA Times

Bryant: "Having someone like Pippen would be a big luxury for me, because scoring is what I do best, but it's OK," he said. "It's a challenge, and I welcome the challenge." He's right. If the Lakers win the championship, it will be Bryant's finest NBA moment, because he will not have shot his team there, he will have led his team there. LA Times

Come on Kobe, having dominant low post threat, two to be exact, is a way bigger luxury than anything Jordan ever had. Was Pippen a great fascilitator, a solid scorer, and an all around great player? Yes. Nothing that ever made the game as easy as having a great skillful 7'0 PF in Pau Gasol, and a 7'1 Center in Andrew Bynum.

What do yall think ...

put it in context or gtfo

Micku
04-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Kobe's not one to take the blame graciously ever. When clearly, the blame's on him this game. He implied that he has a bigger role on the Lakers than Jordan did on the Bulls. And that's insane considering the type of scrubs Jordan played with. When Kobe's on the floor he is rarely out there with just role players. He's got two legit big men. A skilled SF/PF that can bring him the ball, make plays, and create mismatches. This team is far more talented than any of Jordan's Bulls teams. Way more.

Kobe said that he is a scorer, but implied that he couldn't play that role to his fullest because he has to set up his teammates. I don't really take that as a implication of him having a bigger role than Jordan, but just a different. Still, Kobe really don't have anything to complain about when it comes to his teammates on O. He has so many choices and he has a pretty good bench.

The defensive is different and the Lakers need to work more on that. They all have potential to play good D, and they need to start playing it better and longer instead of just beating teams with talent alone. That's one thing that the Lakers were criticize all year. Barkley even notice the same thing after the Jazz game.

Allstar24
04-25-2009, 12:22 PM
"Michael Jordan would never allow the Chicago Bulls to lose a game like Thursday night's -- his team would never blow a 13-point third-quarter lead while Jordan made only five of 24 shots."
:rolleyes: Riiight, and how do they know that? The media is hell bent on living in the past, it's pathetic. Saying something like this to an ultra-competitive guy like Kobe will obviously irritate him and force him to get defensive. Anyway nowhere in Kobe's comments does he say his team is not talented. People (trolls) love making a mountain out of a molehill.

Indian guy
04-25-2009, 12:23 PM
Although he is right that he has a different role than Jordan in the offense

WTF? No he does not. Kobe's role is no different than MJ's from 90-98. Play team ball from quarter 1-3, and close it out in the 4th qtr. There's no pressure on him to score a lot of points or be some great facilitator. This LAKER team is more offensively talented than any team MJ ever played on.

Kobe simply needs to admit he played like horse sh!t in Game 3 and go out and play like we know he's capable of. Stop making excuses. He's sounding like T-Mac in this article.

OnePeat
04-25-2009, 12:23 PM
Pathetic comments in the midst of the playoffs. I was watching game one where Kobe wasn't even on the floor early in the 4th and the Lakers were dominating. He should've been a man about it and taken the full blame for missing 19 of 24 shots. I mean that's 19 misses, think about that.

PoGoMon
04-25-2009, 12:28 PM

What do yall think ...

There have been times when Gasol gets more assists than Kobe - for crying out loud! Grow up, Kobe! It is time - you're going to be 31years old - act like it! :cry:

The "BOLD" says it all! Kobe is a crybaby - IF he really said that nonsense! I can respect his game - BUT that line about having NOBODY to help him should instil real love & ADORATION by his teammates! What an a$$! :rolleyes:

Where are the REAL LA fans when it comes to that kind of ridiculous sh*t???:no: :confusedshrug: :mad: :rant

Jordandunk23
04-25-2009, 12:31 PM
In terms of greatness, nobody outside Kobe on that current Lakers roster will ever amount to Scottie Pippen... but at the same time, Kobe has one of the best post player in the league in Pau Gasol and he also has another pretty good center in Bynum who can put up a few point who is also a pretty good rebounder and shot blocker... a luxury that Michael Jordan NEVER HAD and Kobe has two of them...

you want to know why its a challenge?! he just stated that he just can't shoot 40 times... WELL DUH!! I admit I didn't watch most of the game but when your having a bad night, FEED IT TO YOUR POST SCORER GASOL... people can say what they want on how soft he is but he is an efficient post scorer and he's also a decent passer... the real question is why is Kobe making it more challenging on himself sometimes, he's the best player in the league, he should know how and when to get Gasol involved...

Micku
04-25-2009, 12:36 PM
It's clear that nearly everyone who posted in here didn't read the full story.

The reporter was asking him if he should start looking for his shot earlier instead of trying to get other guys involved. He said he probably has to, but wishes he didn't have to choose "one or the other" and could have another distributor on the team.

Meh.

In the beginning of the article the topic was why didn't Kobe score earlier on. Kobe said that he wants to set up his teammates to get them in the game first and then if it doesn't work, he would try to score. I don't think it affects the notion of what Kobe said about the luxury of Pippen all that much. He just said that Pippen was a guy who could make plays and stuff, and if he had someone like that, he implied he would score more. However, Kobe shot enough to score, but he just bad shooting night when he played the Jazz. It happens, but hopefully it won't happen consistently.

Fatal9
04-25-2009, 12:36 PM
He is right. Pippen was the closest thing to a point guard the Bulls had. He got around the same touches if not more than Jordan as he played the key passing role in the triangle. Wasn't a coincidence that he'd average 5-7 assists in any given season or playoffs during the title runs.

Kobe doesn't have anyone who can help share ball handling or create scoring opportunities. Doesn't make his statement any less ridiculous though. He seems to want everything in a team.

Younggrease
04-25-2009, 12:38 PM
you want to know why its a challenge?! he just stated that he just can't shoot 40 times... WELL DUH!! I admit I didn't watch most of the game but when your having a bad night, FEED IT TO YOUR POST SCORER GASOL... people can say what they want on how soft he is but he is an efficient post scorer and he's also a decent passer... the real question is why is Kobe making it more challenging on himself sometimes, he's the best player in the league, he should know how and when to get Gasol involved...

they started out the 3rd quarter giving it to Gasol 7-8 str8 times and wouldnt even attempt a shot...then he started not trying to get the ball. And these plays were isos just for him. Gasol was involved until he decided it wasnt his night and he wasnt gonna try to change that

gpfanz
04-25-2009, 12:41 PM
No wonder i never liked Kobe's game

GMW
04-25-2009, 12:41 PM
Half of the people on this board seem unable to read...

gts
04-25-2009, 12:43 PM
reporter asked kobe about jordan, it's not something kobe offered up himself... i swear ISH is full of more haters and morons than a KKK rally

branslowski
04-25-2009, 12:44 PM
:rolleyes: Riiight, and how do they know that? The media is hell bent on living in the past, it's pathetic. Saying something like this to an ultra-competitive guy like Kobe will obviously irritate him and force him to get defensive. Anyway nowhere in Kobe's comments does he say his team is not talented. People (trolls) love making a mountain out of a molehill.

:cheers:

I mean serious people...you guy's are reading into this article like a typical blind troll with tunnel vision (Kobe at the End of the tunnel with an on coming Bus)...as All-Star said...you have to take the question into contex...and basically the question was "Why doesn't he come out scoring, why does he look for others and all" basically, and he said he doesn't have a "Pippen" like teamate who can Also control the offence...He's not saying his own team isn't talented...he's saying MJ had a Pippen who could create offence for others...Also...If you were a player, your telling me you wouldn't get sorta pissed at a question like."Jordan would have never gave up a 12pt lead"...come on serious? I dont care how much you dislike Kobe, your not gonna tell me your not gonna get atleast upset with a comment like that....But hey, The name is Kobe...and my whole point will be ignored because some chess pounding Juiced up Kobe Basher will call me a homer and dismiss my comments....:ohwell:

AllStar=Repped....:rockon:

Bodin
04-25-2009, 01:01 PM

Doesn't matter what role Jordan played or not. Fact is Jordan was their (Chicago's) main offensive threat and defensive anchor. You can't really say for sure that Jordan wouldn't have given up that 13 point lead, but I would bet my money on Jordan.

On the other side, Kobe is LA's offense and defensive anchor. Just that Kobe does it at a slightly lower level. And the level of talent on the Lakers is insane... Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Bynum... the experience of Fisher and up and comers like Ariza... Kobe should've just straight out said it was his fault instead of throwing his team under a bus. The captain of the team always gets the blame... that's just how it is.

kentatm
04-25-2009, 01:07 PM

sooooo, that makes it alright for him to rip his teammates in an underhanded way?

everyone and their mother has the Lakers as either the best or second best team in the L and he is crying about his teammates again?

Sir Charles
04-25-2009, 01:11 PM

I do watch today`s basketball but not with the same passion as the early 90s (got to see old games of the 80s when young too weekly) simple because its not as good :confusedshrug:

I am always a great poste, don`t underrate me..even when im talking about The Greatest PF Ever in his Prime :cheers: :D

bleedinpurpleTwo
04-25-2009, 01:12 PM
sooooo, that makes it alright for him to rip his teammates in an underhanded way?

everyone and their mother has the Lakers as either the best or second best team in the L and he is crying about his teammates again?

bull****. gtfo with that ****.
he did not rip his teammates in any way shape or form.
go back to worrying about your sorry squad.

U got Served
04-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Can Kobe get any lamer. He doesn't have Scottie. yeah, and MJ never had a Gasol :violin:
Kobe is also disrespecting his teammates

Bodin
04-25-2009, 01:16 PM

I mean serious people...you guy's are reading into this article like a typical blind troll with tunnel vision (Kobe at the End of the tunnel with an on coming Bus)...as All-Star said...you have to take the question into contex...and basically the question was "Why doesn't he come out scoring, why does he look for others and all" basically, and he said he doesn't have a "Pippen" like teamate who can Also control the offence...He's not saying his own team isn't talented...he's saying MJ had a Pippen who could create offence for others...Also...If you were a player, your telling me you wouldn't get sorta pissed at a question like."Jordan would have never gave up a 12pt lead"...come on serious? I dont care how much you dislike Kobe, your not gonna tell me your not gonna get atleast upset with a comment like that....But hey, The name is Kobe...and my whole point will be ignored because some chess pounding Juiced up Kobe Basher will call me a homer and dismiss my comments....:ohwell:

I can understand Kobe getting defensive at a comment like that but seriously, but don't be so butt hurt over Kobe being a second tier superstar.

excuses... excuses... excuses.... Kobe makes excuses because he doesn't have a "Pippen" and his fans make excuses for his comments.

Jordan proved early in his career that he is just flat out dominates in the playoffs. Kobe just doesn't bring it in the playoffs the way Michael did.

Regardless of all this Kobe bashing, I expect his to bring it after a poor performance.. just like any superstar would. He is still the best competitor in the league and has arguably the best talent.

bleedinpurpleTwo
04-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Can Kobe get any lamer. He doesn't have Scottie. yeah, and MJ never had a Gasol :violin:

did you ever bother to read the entire article..or just the op?

lolwut
04-25-2009, 01:18 PM

No. He can't.

bleedinpurpleTwo
04-25-2009, 01:18 PM
I can understand Kobe getting defensive at a comment like that but seriously, but don't be so butt hurt over Kobe being a second tier superstar.

excuses... excuses... excuses.... Kobe makes excuses because he doesn't have a "Pippen" and his fans make excuses for his comments.

Jordan proved early in his career that he is just flat out dominates in the playoffs. Kobe just doesn't bring it in the playoffs the way Michael did.

Regardless of all this Kobe bashing, I expect his to bring it after a poor performance.. just like any superstar would. He is still the best competitor in the league and has arguably the best talent.

read the ****ing article you tool.
he's not complaining...hes talking about how their roles are different.

read...its not illegal yet.

Da_Realist
04-25-2009, 01:22 PM
This has nothing to do with Pippen or any of Kobe's teammates. Kobe is either in "facilitator" mode or "scoring" mode. And he has to decide which he'll be before the game, between quarters, halftime or during a timeout. His game is fluid, but his mind isn't. That's why it takes Kobe until the next game to change gears when something isn't working.

He's a great one-on-one player playing a team game. He has to consciously think to keep his teammates involved and when he's concentrating on that he lets other facets of his game slip. And vice-versa -- when he is hell bent on scoring, he doesn't keep his teammates involved.

With that said, last night was not one of those times. He shot 24 times (10 in the first half, 14 in the second). He was looking to score, he just missed.

branslowski
read the ****ing article you tool.
he's not complaining...hes talking about how their roles are different.

read...its not illegal yet.

They only see the name's Kobe and Michael Jordan....they get enraged...and go into "Full Roid Rage Mode"...:oldlol:

Indian guy
He's not saying his own team isn't talented

Then what is he complaining about? He has arguably the 2nd best low post scorer in the league on his team right now. Another very good big man alongside him. One of the most talented rosters in the league overall and THE most successful offensive system in league history. Kobe is in NO position to start whining about not having a Pippen when he plays on THAT team. His passive approach in 1st halves isn't becuase his team doesn't have a Pippen, it's because LA does NOT need Kobe to come out aggresive to start off games. This is the best offensive team in the league under a very sophisticated system. Instead of saying that, Kobe starts boo-hooing about not having the luxury of Pip and not-too-subtly implying what great responsibility he has(also devaluing his own teammates). Indeed, where would LA be w/o Kobe-the-great-facilitator? :rolleyes:

Sir Charles
04-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Don`t get me wrong but Bryant is asoume...he has been the Best SG the last what? from 1999 till 2006?? The Last 3 with Wade rigth up there...but give me a break :rolleyes: He should stop crying like a baby trying to make himself better....WHEN HE AINT BETTER THAN HE THINKS HE IS!

Number 24? :rolleyes:
What are you an evolution of Jordan? :roll: :banghead:

He aint in the Top 20 Greatest Players of All Time IMO. Neither Does is His EFF, PER and Statistical Categories Rank in the Top 10 of All Time :confusedshrug:

Period!

If Kobe played in the 80s and 90s and alone (no Shaq) he would`nt have won sh-it!...So he should be thanking the World that he played with the Greatet Offensive Center of All Time in his Prime and was sorrounded with a Great Cast: Fisher, Grant, Horry etc..and now Again a Great Cast!

By the way when the Lakers win the NBA Finals...(they will IMO)

* But I Hope Garnett comes back in the Second Round for the Celts (if they make it) to stop it from happening :D

....PAU GASOL...Will be THE FINALS MVP...:pimp:

PAU GASOL...is Today`s Kevin McHale in terms of Underrating of a Great Player that does not suit the likes of the Fans....with the difference Pau has a Passing Game!!! and can Create as Much or even Better than Kobe...No One Likes His Game Because Its Not Flashy...but over the last Active Players People have not mentioned he is in the Top 10 in PER (Active Players) and he is shooting an insane FG% these Last 2 Seasons...

If PAU...Stops with the Nice Guy Act..Gets Meaner on the Boards and on Offense...He Will be the Finals MVP...

And the NBA should sent a special apology for not putting him in the All Star Game the last 3-4 years!:rant

branslowski
04-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Then what is he complaining about? He has arguably the 2nd best low post scorer in the league on his team right now. Another very good big man alongside him. One of the most talented rosters in the league overall and THE most successful offensive system in league history. Kobe is in NO position to start whining about not having a Pippen when he plays on THAT team. All he needed to say was that it isn't NECESSARY for him to come out aggressive on this team, and that he didn't come through in Game 3 when the team did need him in the 2nd half. That's all he needed to say. Instead, he points the finger at everybody else but himself for the loss.

You only got that out of my comment?....Anyway, only reason he brought up Pippen was because a reporter said something about "MJ wouldn't have let a 12pt lead slip away"...that's when the player and the teams start getting compared...Doesn't matter really...I read the article FULLY, found no problem with it in cosideration of what question's were asked to him and how he answered it.....Just weird that it seem's like it's being blown out of porportion.:D

branslowski
04-25-2009, 01:32 PM
Don`t get me wrong but Bryant is asoume...he has been the Best SG the last what? from 1999 till 2006?? The Last 3 with Wade rigth up there...but give me a break :rolleyes: He should stop crying like a baby trying to make himself better....WHEN HE AINT BETTER THAN HE THINKS HE IS!

Number 24? :rolleyes:
What are you an evolution of Jordan? :roll: :banghead:

He aint in the Top 20 Greatest Players of All Time IMO. Neither Does is His EFF, PER and Statistical Categories Rank in the Top 10 of All Time :confusedshrug:

Period!

If Kobe played in the 80s and 90s and alone (no Shaq) he would`nt have won sh-it!...So he should be thanking the World that he played with the Greatet Offensive Center of All Time in his Prime and was sorrounded with a Great Cast: Fisher, Grant, Horry etc..and now Again a Great Cast!

By the way when the Lakers win the NBA Finals...(they will IMO)

* But I Hope Garnett comes back in the Second Round for the Celts (if they make it) to stop it from happening :D

PAU GASOL...is Today`s Kevin McHale in terms of Underrating of a Great Player that does not suit the likes of the Fans....with the difference Pau has a Passing Game!!! and can Create as Much or even Better than Kobe...No One Likes His Game Because Its Not Flashy...but over the last Active Players People have not mentioned he is in the Top 10 in PER (Active Players) and he is shooting an insane FG% these Last 2 Seasons...

If PAU...Stops with the Nice Guy Act..Gets Meaner on the Boards and on Offense...He Will be the Finals MVP...

And the NBA should sent a special apology for not putting him in the All Star Game the last 3-4 years!:rant

Kobe's not top 20?:confusedshrug: ....Can you name me 20players in NBA history with a better Resume than Kobe's?

kentatm
04-25-2009, 01:34 PM
bull****. gtfo with that ****.
he did not rip his teammates in any way shape or form.
go back to worrying about your sorry squad.

lets see.... hit with MJ not losing a lead like that he starts talking about well if he had Pippen that wouldnt happen.

thats called a backhanded diss my good sir.

lolwut
04-25-2009, 01:41 PM
seriously give Kobe Pippen, Longley, and co. and give Jordan Bynum, Gasol, and Odom

The Bulls would have a couple more 72+ win seasons.

Da_Realist
04-25-2009, 01:47 PM

I don't agree. The Finals MVP...and the NBA Title will be Kobe's to win or to lose. That's the Kobe way. The Lakers have the most talent but face the biggest obstacle -- Kobe's ego. It gets much harder to check his ego with each advancement in the playoffs.

The NBA Finals is the ultimate test for a competitor like Kobe. ESPECIALLY if Lebron James is across the court. The same guy everyone is anointing as the best in the game. Kobe doesn't just want to win the title, he will want to step on Lebron's neck along the way.

But will he be willing to stay within the concept of the team to win the title and *risk* not being the Finals MVP...again? That is going to decide the title.

GiveItToBurrito
04-25-2009, 01:52 PM
seriously give Kobe Pippen, Longley, and co. and give Jordan Bynum, Gasol, and Odom

The Bulls would have a couple more 72+ win seasons.

Pretty much. I think that the Bulls with Kobe instead of MJ could have won around 60 games (I mean, even without MJ, they won 55 or something), but I don't think they'd have won as many titles. The Knicks and maybe Shaq's Magic would have beaten them in the ECF, and I could easily see Payton shutting Kobe down at least in as much as you can in the Finals.

At the same time, I think it's important to remember that just because the Bulls only had three big names at any one time, they were three of the best players in the league and they were surrounded by very solid role players. Luc Longley, Armstrong, and the rest look like scrubs in retrospect, but they were all very solid defenders who knew their roles. Those Bulls teams were actually built a lot like the Spurs teams of the last few years, where they had a couple guys do all of the flashy stuff really well with everyone else being really good at playing their role in the system.

DukeDelonte13
04-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Kobe is full of excuses.

Sir Charles
04-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Kobe's not top 20?:confusedshrug: ....Can you name me 20players in NBA history with a better Resume than Kobe's?

Resumes? :oldlol:

Statistically...Impact Wise...(Real Measures)

And Accoring to the TYPE OF TEAMATES/HELP this dude had (ALL HIS CAREER IN HIS PRIME AND THEIR PRIMES)...

he ain`t a Top 20.....YET!

*Not Including The Weak Era He Is Playing in Compared to the 80s and 90s

More like 25-30...at best!

Season PER (Impact): Top 15

Rank Player PER
1. Michael Jordan* 27.91
2. Shaquille O'Neal 26.87
3. LeBron James 26.20
4. David Robinson* 26.18
5. Wilt Chamberlain* 26.13
6. Bob Pettit* 25.37
7. Tim Duncan 25.05
8. Neil Johnston* 24.66
9. Charles Barkley* 24.63
10. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar* 24.58
11. Magic Johnson* 24.11
12. Karl Malone 23.90
13. Dirk Nowitzki 23.84
14. Kevin Garnett 23.81
15. Kobe Bryant 23.64

16. Hakeem Olajuwon* 23.59
17. Julius Erving* 23.57
18. Larry Bird* 23.50
19. Oscar Robertson* 23.17

Except Hakeem Played Passed his Prime. If you put him in his 15 seasons he is Top 9-11

Same with the Doctor...They Don`t account ABA Stats...And Let`s Remember He Was Alone with the NETS! It was Julius vs Everyone!

Bird`s Prime was Cut Short during the 88-89 season do to injuries BEFORE THAT HE WAS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA ALONG JORDAN, WAS THE BEST PLAYER ON HIS TEAM...FILLED WITH GREAT PLAYRS...So you really can`t tell how much Higher His PER would have been

Play-Off PER (Clutch Time Impact): Top 27

1. Michael Jordan* 28.59
2. George Mikan* 28.51
3. Shaquille O'Neal 26.47
4. Tim Duncan 26.00
5. Hakeem Olajuwon* 25.69
6. Tracy McGrady 24.66
7. LeBron James 24.58
8. Charles Barkley* 24.18
9. Dirk Nowitzki 23.95
10. Dolph Schayes* 23.24
11. Kevin Garnett 23.19
12. Dwyane Wade 23.07
13. Jerry West* 23.07
14. David Robinson* 23.03
15. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar* 23.01
16. Magic Johnson* 22.95
17. Wilt Chamberlain* 22.76
18. Bob Pettit* 22.58
19. Baron Davis 22.19
20. Julius Erving* 22.05
21. Elgin Baylor* 21.88
22. Rick Barry* 21.80
23. Moses Malone* 21.56
24. Larry Bird* 21.40
25. Vince Carter 21.40
26. Allen Iverson 21.23
27. Kobe Bryant 21.23
28. George Gervin* 21.17
29. Karl Malone 21.12
30. Oscar Robertson* 20.98
31. Bob Lanier* 20.81

Career EFF Leaders (Fundamentals, All Around Game and Making Your Team Better): Top 47

Player EFF Seasons

1 Wilt Chamberlain 41.50 14
2 Bill Russell 31.71 13
3 Oscar Robertson 31.61 14
4 Bob Pettit 31.11 11
5 Kareem Abdul-jabbar 30.93 20
6 Larry Bird 29.77 13
7 Elgin Baylor 29.74 14
8 Michael Jordan 29.19 15
9 Magic Johnson 29.10 13
10 Charles Barkley 28.16 16
11 Jerry Lucas 28.13 11
12 Shaquille O'neal 27.59 16
13 Hakeem Olajuwon 27.17 18
14 Kevin Garnett 27.13 13
15 Jerry West 27.10 14
16 David Robinson 26.98 14
17 Karl Malone 26.94 19
18 Tim Duncan 26.59 11
19 LeBron James 26.44 5
20 Walt Bellamy 26.29 14
21 Dave Cowens 26.23 11
22 Maurice Stokes 25.75 3
23 Bob Lanier 25.29 14
24 Bob McAdoo 24.47 14
25 Elton Brand 24.37 9
26 Dirk Nowitzki 24.25 10
27 Moses Malone 24.14 19
28 Willis Reed 24.06 10
29 Elvin Hayes 24.04 16
30 Rick Barry 23.98 10
31 Nate Thurmond 23.73 14
32 Chris Webber 23.72 15
33 Wes Unseld 23.70 13
34 Shawn Marion 23.52 9
35 Chris Paul 23.51 3
36 Billy Cunningham 23.51 9
37 Patrick Ewing 23.41 17
38 Julius Erving 23.35 11
39 Neil Johnston 23.23 8
40 Brad Daugherty 23.10 8
41 Artis Gilmore 22.99 12
42 Dwyane Wade 22.95 5
43 Amare Stoudemire 22.85 6
44 Walt Frazier 22.74 13
45 Gus Johnson 22.63 9
46 Adrian Dantley 22.60 15 (Better SG than Bryant if he played SG :rolleyes: )
47 Kobe Bryant 22.42 12
48 Clyde Drexler 22.42 15
49 Dwight Howard 22.26 4
50 Larry Nance 22.14 13
51 Bill Walton 22.13 10
52 Dolph Schayes 22.10 15
53 George Gervin 22.07 10
54 Dan Issel 21.91 9
55 Pau Gasol 21.91 7 (Very Close...)
56 Yao Ming 21.90 6
57 Jeff Ruland 21.71 8

Statistical +/-: Top 22

Player Pos G Min SPM
---------------+--+----------+--------+------
michaeljordan G 1072 41013 12.85
wiltchamberlain C 1045 47859 11.59
davidrobinson C 987 34272 10.79
lebronjames F 444 18083 10.00
charlesbarkley F 1073 39330 9.03
k.abdul-jabbar C 1560 57446 9.01
magicjohnson G 906 33245 8.82
larrybird F 897 34443 8.81
juliuserving F 1243 45227 8.57
shaquilleo'neal C 1089 39103 8.21
bobpettit F 792 30690 7.87
clydedrexler G 1086 37537 7.79
oscarrobertson G 1040 43886 7.75
hakeemolajuwon C 1238 44222 7.70
elginbaylor F 846 33863 7.59
karlmalone F 1476 54852 7.50
andreikirilenko F 533 16671 7.37
timduncan F 877 32481 7.30
tracymcgrady F 784 27463 7.12
kevingarnett F 1051 39570 6.91
boblanier C 959 32103 6.24
kobebryant G 921 33584 6.22

He is a Top 25-30 Greatest Player of All Time: Top 27
:confusedshrug:

LA_Showtime
04-25-2009, 02:19 PM
I don't see what the problem is... he's giving his due to Scottie Pippen. It's true, the Lakers don't have anyone other then Kobe Bryant who can create their own shot off the dribble and break a defense down.

This is just another article to give ISH trolls the opportunity to bash Kobe. Stop worrying about him and support your team in the playoffs.

LA_Showtime
04-25-2009, 02:19 PM
I don't agree. The Finals MVP...and the NBA Title will be Kobe's to win or to lose. That's the Kobe way. The Lakers have the most talent but face the biggest obstacle -- Kobe's ego. It gets much harder to check his ego with each advancement in the playoffs.

The NBA Finals is the ultimate test for a competitor like Kobe. ESPECIALLY if Lebron James is across the court. The same guy everyone is anointing as the best in the game. Kobe doesn't just want to win the title, he will want to step on Lebron's neck along the way.

But will he be willing to stay within the concept of the team to win the title and *risk* not being the Finals MVP...again? That is going to decide the title.

Agreed 100%. And I'm a Laker fan.

branslowski
04-25-2009, 02:21 PM

And Accoring to the TYPE OF TEAMATES/HELP this dude had (ALL HIS CAREER IN HIS PRIME AND THEIR PRIMES)...

Rank Player PER
1. Michael Jordan* 27.91
3. LeBron James 26.20
4. David Robinson* 26.18
6. Bob Pettit* 25.37
7. Tim Duncan 25.05
8. Neil Johnston* 24.66
11. Magic Johnson* 24.11
12. Karl Malone 23.90
13. Dirk Nowitzki 23.84
14. Kevin Garnett 23.81
15. Kobe Bryant 23.64

17. Julius Erving* 23.57
18. Larry Bird* 23.50

Except Hakeem Played Passed his Prime. If you put him in his 15 seasons he is Top 11 or 11

Same with the Doctor...don`t account ABA Stats..

Bird`s Prime wa Cut Short do to injuries but he WAS THE BEST PLAYER ON HIS TEAM...FILLED WITH GREAT PLAYRS...So you really can`t tell

1. Michael Jordan* 28.59
2. George Mikan* 28.51
4. Tim Duncan 26.00
6. Tracy McGrady 24.66
7. LeBron James 24.58
9. Dirk Nowitzki 23.95
10. Dolph Schayes* 23.24
11. Kevin Garnett 23.19
12. Dwyane Wade 23.07
13. Jerry West* 23.07
16. Magic Johnson* 22.95
18. Bob Pettit* 22.58
19. Baron Davis 22.19
20. Julius Erving* 22.05
21. Elgin Baylor* 21.88
22. Rick Barry* 21.80
23. Moses Malone* 21.56
24. Larry Bird* 21.40
25. Vince Carter 21.40
26. Allen Iverson 21.23
27. Kobe Bryant 21.23
28. George Gervin* 21.17
29. Karl Malone 21.12
31. Bob Lanier* 20.81

Career EFF Leaders (Fundamentals, All Around Game and Making Your Team Better): Top 47

Player EFF Seasons

2 Bill Russell 31.71 13
4 Bob Pettit 31.11 11
6 Larry Bird 29.77 13
7 Elgin Baylor 29.74 14
9 Magic Johnson 29.10 13
11 Jerry Lucas 28.13 11
15 Jerry West 27.10 14
17 Karl Malone 26.94 19
18 Tim Duncan 26.59 11
19 LeBron James 26.44 5
20 Walt Bellamy 26.29 14
21 Dave Cowens 26.23 11
23 Bob Lanier 25.29 14
24 Bob McAdoo 24.47 14
25 Elton Brand 24.37 9
27 Moses Malone 24.14 19
28 Willis Reed 24.06 10
29 Elvin Hayes 24.04 16
30 Rick Barry 23.98 10
32 Chris Webber 23.72 15
33 Wes Unseld 23.70 13
34 Shawn Marion 23.52 9
35 Chris Paul 23.51 3
39 Neil Johnston 23.23 8
42 Dwyane Wade 22.95 5
44 Walt Frazier 22.74 13
45 Gus Johnson 22.63 9
47 Kobe Bryant 22.42 12
49 Dwight Howard 22.26 4
50 Larry Nance 22.14 13
51 Bill Walton 22.13 10
54 Dan Issel 21.91 9
56 Yao Ming 21.90 6
57 Jeff Ruland 21.71 8

Player Pos G Min SPM

I was gonna respond to a well put out list...But This is Beyond Retardation...

McGrady
AK47
David Robinson
KG
Clyde
Bob Pettite...exc..All Better Players than Kobe?...WTF? Not worth it...OMFG

branslowski
04-25-2009, 02:24 PM

Rank Player PER
1. Michael Jordan* 27.91
3. LeBron James 26.20
4. David Robinson* 26.18
6. Bob Pettit* 25.37
7. Tim Duncan 25.05
8. Neil Johnston* 24.66
11. Magic Johnson* 24.11
12. Karl Malone 23.90
13. Dirk Nowitzki 23.84
14. Kevin Garnett 23.81
15. Kobe Bryant 23.64

17. Julius Erving* 23.57
18. Larry Bird* 23.50

Except Hakeem Played Passed his Prime. If you put him in his 15 seasons he is Top 9-11

Same with the Doctor...They Don`t account ABA Stats...And Let`s Remember He Was Alone with the NETS! It was Julius vs Everyone!

Bird`s Prime was Cut Short during the 88-89 season do to injuries BEFORE THAT HE WAS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA ALONG JORDAN, WAS THE BEST PLAYER ON HIS TEAM...FILLED WITH GREAT PLAYRS...So you really can`t tell how much Higher His PER would have been

1. Michael Jordan* 28.59
2. George Mikan* 28.51
4. Tim Duncan 26.00
6. Tracy McGrady 24.66
7. LeBron James 24.58
9. Dirk Nowitzki 23.95
10. Dolph Schayes* 23.24
11. Kevin Garnett 23.19
12. Dwyane Wade 23.07
13. Jerry West* 23.07
16. Magic Johnson* 22.95
18. Bob Pettit* 22.58
19. Baron Davis 22.19
20. Julius Erving* 22.05
21. Elgin Baylor* 21.88
22. Rick Barry* 21.80
23. Moses Malone* 21.56
24. Larry Bird* 21.40
25. Vince Carter 21.40
26. Allen Iverson 21.23
27. Kobe Bryant 21.23
28. George Gervin* 21.17
29. Karl Malone 21.12
31. Bob Lanier* 20.81

Player EFF Seasons

2 Bill Russell 31.71 13
4 Bob Pettit 31.11 11
6 Larry Bird 29.77 13
7 Elgin Baylor 29.74 14
9 Magic Johnson 29.10 13
11 Jerry Lucas 28.13 11
15 Jerry West 27.10 14
17 Karl Malone 26.94 19
18 Tim Duncan 26.59 11
19 LeBron James 26.44 5
20 Walt Bellamy 26.29 14
21 Dave Cowens 26.23 11
23 Bob Lanier 25.29 14
24 Bob McAdoo 24.47 14
25 Elton Brand 24.37 9
27 Moses Malone 24.14 19
28 Willis Reed 24.06 10
29 Elvin Hayes 24.04 16
30 Rick Barry 23.98 10
32 Chris Webber 23.72 15
33 Wes Unseld 23.70 13
34 Shawn Marion 23.52 9
35 Chris Paul 23.51 3
39 Neil Johnston 23.23 8
42 Dwyane Wade 22.95 5
44 Walt Frazier 22.74 13
45 Gus Johnson 22.63 9
47 Kobe Bryant 22.42 12
49 Dwight Howard 22.26 4
50 Larry Nance 22.14 13
51 Bill Walton 22.13 10
54 Dan Issel 21.91 9
56 Yao Ming 21.90 6
57 Jeff Ruland 21.71 8

Player Pos G Min SPM

David Robinson over Jabar, Shaq, Hakeem, Magic???WTF?...OMFG..Where's Pleezbeleive when you need him...

bladefd
04-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Consistency. Consistency. Consistency.

Jordan did have not as good of a post presence as Bynum/Gasol, but the post players that he had in the post were consistent. People are forgetting that you don't just have to be good but also CONSISTENT on a nightly basis. Jordan and the coaching staff knew almost exactly what to expect from their post players day in and day out. For example, during their 2nd three-peat they had one of the best defender and rebounder in basketball history playing PF for them(Rodman), who was CONSISTENT on a nightly basis. There is not as much consistency when it comes to Bynum/Gasol.

Pinkhearts
04-25-2009, 02:27 PM
Kobe should just stop shooting and play point guard instead. Be Pippen instead of wanting to play with him!

If he can average 20/10, which is actually quite easy when you can push the ball to Gasol and Bynum and wait to get open, and also play great defense, he will surely win finals MVP. The NBA will pounch on the opportunity to give it to him saying that he "exemplifies" ideal NBA team play. He will finally get a ring without Shaq and get a finals MVP so he should just get his head straight.

Think about it. Say Kobe averages 16/12 on 60% shooting while locking down Lebron to low numbers and like 30% shooting....how can he not win finals MVP? Gasol can average 30ppg and people will still argue that kobe played better locking down the MVP. So this ring and finals MVP is just Kobe's to lose

LA_Showtime
04-25-2009, 02:27 PM
if kobe said he preferred BK to McDonalds people would have a hissy fit.... get over it.

Al Thornton
04-25-2009, 02:29 PM

:roll: No he is one of the worst posters horrible troll.

branslowski
04-25-2009, 02:30 PM
:roll: No he is one of the worst posters horrible troll.

OMFG, you saw his top 20 list? EPIC FAIL

bruceblitz
04-25-2009, 02:41 PM

What do yall think ...

I've lost all respect for Kobe

HE'S OVERRATED

Cangri
04-25-2009, 02:44 PM
All the kobe groopies are pissed :cry: :cry: :cry:

LA_Showtime
04-25-2009, 02:47 PM
All the kobe groopies are pissed :cry: :cry: :cry:

lol really? i think people are just annoyed another stupid comment gets taken out of context.

juju151111
04-25-2009, 02:51 PM

The reporter was obviously talking about in the playoffs. He shot 5-24 and gave up the lead similar to the finals gm where they were up 20 pts. All he needed to say is that next gm i will play better. He ain't MJ and never will be.

branslowski
04-25-2009, 02:53 PM
lol really? i think people are just annoyed another stupid comment gets taken out of context.

Are you suprised at the way it's being taken?

EX..You have your cool dad...and your dad has a Gay Friend..(not as a lover, but just a Buddy that happens to be gay)..

If your Dad winks* at you or smack your back side, your like "chill dad, lol"..

But if his gay Friend winks* at you or smack's your backside, your gonna go postal on his ass....Get it..Doesn't EXCATLY have to matter WHATS being done...Just as much has it has to do with WHO'S doing it...

LA_Showtime
04-25-2009, 02:53 PM
The reporter was obviously talking about in the playoffs. He shot 5-24 and gave up the lead similar to the finals gm where they were up 20 pts. All he needed to say is that next gm i will play better. He ain't MJ and never will be.

a similar lead to when they were in the finals? lol the lakers choked, but to say it was even remotely similar to the lakers-celtics fiasco is just retarded.

branslowski
04-25-2009, 02:55 PM

Well, I don't want him to be MJ....:confusedshrug:

dyna
04-25-2009, 02:55 PM
WTF ? His team is the most talented team in the league, by far, and he still finds a way to complain ? :ohwell:

LA_Showtime
04-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Are you suprised at the way it's being taken?

EX..You have your cool dad...and your dad has a Gay Friend..(not as a lover, but just a Buddy that happens to be gay)..

If your Dad winks* at you or smack your back side, your like "chill dad, lol"..

But if his gay Friend winks* at you or smack's your backside, your gonna go postal on his ass....Get it..Doesn't EXCATLY have to matter WHATS being done...Just as much has it has to do with WHO'S doing it...

of course not. everyone on ish hates kobe. :oldlol:

juju151111
04-25-2009, 03:02 PM
a similar lead to when they were in the finals? lol the lakers choked, but to say it was even remotely similar to the lakers-celtics fiasco is just retarded.
Yea thats when Kb was surpose to take over, but he was getting shut down 20+ pt lead in the finals gave up. LOL with him comparing himself with MJ. MJ resume/skills speaks for it self.

branslowski
04-25-2009, 03:03 PM
of course not. everyone on ish hates kobe. :oldlol:

Im loving this sh!t no lie..It's really being blown out of proportion...He still thinks MJ is the GOAT...WOW...Kobe's dislikers were just looking for the smallest reason to transform into..."The Incredible Hulk: Roid Rage eddition"

Like a bully who picks on a Kid, and is told to stop....So he searches for the smallest reason to release his inner Hate on the kid as an excuse for going postal on his ass....:oldlol:

juju151111
04-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Well, I don't want him to be MJ....:confusedshrug:
Well if he doesn't start being like mike don't expect a chip.

Vancouver-Grizz
04-25-2009, 03:05 PM

TRue...but none of them are a top 50 nba player like Pippen was. Pau is not garbage but also not as good as Pippen

LA_Showtime
04-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Yea thats when Kb was surpose to take over, but he was getting shut down 20+ pt lead in the finals gave up. LOL with him comparing himself with MJ. MJ resume/skills speaks for it self.

i like how you completely change the subject and start bashing kobe about something else. :lol t-t-t-t-t-roll!

kobe's never said "i'm better than mj" so i don't really what your problem is... but whatever.

Duncan21formvp
04-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Kobe is shooting 37%. Notice he wasn't complaining last year against Utah when Bynum wasn't around.

bruceblitz
04-25-2009, 03:08 PM
i like how you completely change the subject and start bashing kobe about something else. :lol t-t-t-t-t-roll!

kobe's never said "i'm better than mj" so i don't really what your problem is... but whatever.
How does that overrated ego maniac Kobe play basketball with losers like this hanging from his ball sack?

bruceblitz
04-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Kobe is shooting 37%. Notice he wasn't complaining last year against Utah when Bynum wasn't around.
KOBE BRYANT'S EPIC CHOKE JOB:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJSTYplszrk

Duncan21formvp
04-25-2009, 03:10 PM
TRue...but none of them are a top 50 nba player like Pippen was. Pau is not garbage but also not as good as Pippen

Pippen only became top 50 when the Bulls had won 4 titles already. If Gasol had won 4 titles he would be top 50 as well.

juju151111
04-25-2009, 03:11 PM

Who is changing the subject?? I am talking about the finals last year where he got shut down while the celtics to the lead. He saying if he had pip he would be just has good. If MJ had pau/bynum/odom?? excuses

oh the horror
04-25-2009, 03:14 PM
reporter asked kobe about jordan, it's not something kobe offered up himself... i swear ISH is full of more haters and morons than a KKK rally

Most of these people posting right now, havent read the article im sure. They see Kobe Bryant did, or said something, and they flock to come and complain, or hurl insults immediately, and then proceed to insult Laker fans, Kobe, etc etc etc. I honestly believe some people simply need a reason.

At times it seems petty, and very pathetic.

LA_Showtime
04-25-2009, 03:15 PM
How does that overrated ego maniac Kobe play basketball with losers like this hanging from his ball sack?

BruceBlitz, the guy who's made 2000 posts about Michael Jordan is telling someone else to get off a player's ball sack?

Didn't you ignore me? Please, do it again.

LA_Showtime
04-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Who is changing the subject?? I am talking about the finals last year where he got shut down while the celtics to the lead. He saying if he had pip he would be just has good. If MJ had pau/bynum/odom?? excuses

Michael Jordan + Pau Gasol + Andrew Bynum (100%) + Lamar Odom would be scary...

oh the horror
04-25-2009, 03:17 PM
And people want to talk about "Kobe homers" and how they'll defend him to the end, etc etc....

Yet, ive seen the opposite of that here...Some people hate on him with so much passion, that it almost is borderline psychotic.

I mean, there isnt one player in the league that I care about THAT much to be THAT into my contempt for them.

bruceblitz
04-25-2009, 03:18 PM
BruceBlitz, the guy who's made 2000 posts about Michael Jordan is telling someone else to get off a player's ball sack?

Didn't you ignore me? Please, do it again.
Oh, believe me idiot, my comment isn't in response to the amount of attention you give Kobe, it's the nature of the attention you give him noob. I'm sure you are a closet homo, I know for a fact that you are a dumb basketball fan, yes, a true loser who lives his life through Kobe's overrated persona.

bruceblitz
04-25-2009, 03:20 PM
And people want to talk about "Kobe homers" and how they'll defend him to the end, etc etc....

Yet, ive seen the opposite of that here...Some people hate on him with so much passion, that it almost is borderline psychotic.

I mean, there isnt one player in the league that I care about THAT much to be THAT into my contempt for them.
Hey retard, let me explain something to you, which I'm sure you wont understand. Kobe has taken agenda type shots at Jordan for years. Years. I live in Chicago and watched Jordan's entire career. I also have put in countless hours researching the history of the NBA. Kobe is a cancer. He's overrated. People who fall for his propaganda and the propaganda ESPN has fed fans about this guy, are retards.

Kobe couldn't win in 2004 WITH Shaq and what, 3-4 hall of famers on his team? What was his excuse at that point in time? How about choking away the Finals last year? He's an excuse maker. He downgrades the legends. He downgraded LeBron, again. He thinks he's above the game and hasn't even led one single team to a championship. He's overrated and anyone who DISLIKES the things Kobe has done, they are nothing short of true Americans stating an opinion on an ego maniac.

LA_Showtime
04-25-2009, 03:21 PM

you're putting words into kobe's mouth

michael jordan + pau gasol + lamar odom + a healthy andrew bynum would be scary...

bruceblitz
04-25-2009, 03:23 PM
you're putting words into kobe's mouth

michael jordan + pau gasol + lamar odom + a healthy andrew bynum would be scary...

Yes, typical propagana spewing Kobe fan. Let's act like Kobe hasn't ever stepped on Jordan's legacy over 1,000,000 times. Treat fans who observe this type of behavior as "haters", so they feel like they are doing something wrong by stating the obvious. Also, at the end throw Jordan some backhanded props, even though you ignore the way your hero steps on the legacy of Jordan and the greatness of LeBron all the time. True Kobe Bryant stalker.

LA_Showtime
04-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Oh, believe me idiot, my comment isn't in response to the amount of attention you give Kobe, it's the nature of the attention you give him noob. I'm sure you are a closet homo, I know for a fact that you are a dumb basketball fan, yes, a true loser who lives his life through Kobe's overrated persona.

There's really no need to defend myself, 400 posts a month since joining ISH speaks for itself.

The last time you ignored me, it was because I said this:

People have already given their condolences in this situtation. Stop living in the past.

This is how a normal person responded to my post:

Exactly, and I was, and still am, a huge Jordan fan

This is how a crazy person (you) responded to my post:

Ignored.

After you ignored me, a lot of people had this to say about you...

Sweet! How gay is BruceBlitz? Pretty gay!

Normally I would agree with you, but you make like 5 MJ threads daily. Is it really necessary?

Can I be on your ignore list too?

To sum it up, you're crazy. Please, do everyone a favor and check into a mental institute.

BTW, Google search FTW! That's how I found that thread.:lol

andgar923
04-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Oh I Love these Kobe apologists:

"Read the entire article"

"You guys are taking it outta context"

"he's not bashing his teammates"

"The reporter brought it up"

"He's talking about the roles they played"

No matter how you look at it, Kobe is making excuses.

A. He didn't have to answer the question when it was asked.

B. MJ and his role are basically the same for the most part

C. 24 shots isn't looking to score? LOLLL

D. He's not bashing his teammates? really? he's not bashing his point guards? his forwards and centers? Odom is a 6'10 player that can pass as good as Pip, and in many ways is equal to him in some aspects. Gasol is an excellent passer and takes away tons of pressure. Fisher is better than any pg MJ ever had. Is he better than Pip? NO.... but he can do the job.

E. However one looks at it, he's crying and making excuses and basically trying to say he's as good as MJ, or if he had Pip he'd be dominant like MJ.

All he had to do was keep his mouth shut.... its that simple.

Kute
04-25-2009, 03:32 PM
I thought Kobe would wait until the finals before imploding. He's just not a champion first-option

bruceblitz
04-25-2009, 03:33 PM
:lol

Truth of the matter is you haven't had ***** since ***** had you. If you notice, I barely post on ISH anymore because this website is run by communists and they allow idiots like you to spew crap 24/7. I'm a realistic and passionate basketball fan who could give a ****. I'm sure you enjoy counting posts and taking someone's comment, which was exaggerated, and using that to psycho-analyze someone. Now if I was on here posting about Kobe Bryant 24/7 I'm sure you would be so far up my ass that I'd need an enima to get you back out. Oh wait, you are too busy crawling up Kobe's ass....... you aren't a basketball fan, you are a ***got Kobe Bryant stalker who has homosexual dreams about the day he rapes you. Excuse me if you don't like Jordan fans, who are passionate about posting facts possibly unseen by youngsters but you praise anyone who wants to suck Kobe off as much as you.

bruceblitz
04-25-2009, 03:34 PM

D. He's not bashing his teammates? really? he's not bashing his point guards? his forwards and centers? Odom is a 6'10 player that can pass as good as Pip, and in many ways is equal to him in some aspects. Gasol is an excellent passer and takes away tons of pressure. Fisher is better than any pg MJ ever had. Is he better than Pip? NO.... but he can do the job.

E. However one looks at it, he's crying and making excuses and basically trying to say he's as good as MJ, or if he had Pip he'd be dominant like MJ.

All he had to do was keep his mouth shut.... its that simple.

You cant expect someone who watches Kobe because they are attracted by him, like the true homosexual they are, to be realistic. I mean, I don't care what Denise Richards says or that she sucked on Dancing with the Stars, I would still bang her until my dick fell off because I'm turned on by her. You can take my statement on Denise Richards, replace her name with Kobe's, and replace Dancing with the Stars with all of Kobe's choke jobs, and there you go, that's the way these idiots think.

LA_Showtime
04-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Instead of a mental institute, you need to go to anger management. :oldlol:

catch24
04-25-2009, 03:36 PM
rofl Bruce...

completely destroying cats

bruceblitz
04-25-2009, 03:37 PM
Instead of a mental institute, you need to go to anger management. :oldlol:
Instead of worrying about others, you should start here:
http://www.narth.com/docs/throckarticle.html

Kute
04-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Haha bruce funny stuff

andgar923
04-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Also.... is this Kobe and his fans' way of admitting that he's yet to figure out how to play team ball consistently?

I mean... seriously.

Does the dude have a one track mind?

And honestly.... I thought he did his best job in a long time in distributing the ball in the crunch.

He had 3 good dimes, which for him is a grandiose improvement.

But again.... when is he gonna figure out how to play consistent team ball?

He's been in the league over a decade.... so when?

Its like he has a one track mind.

branslowski
04-25-2009, 03:45 PM
Also.... is this Kobe and his fans' way of admitting that he's yet to figure out how to play team ball consistently?

I mean... seriously.

Does the dude have a one track mind?

And honestly.... I thought he did his best job in a long time in distributing the ball in the crunch.

He had 3 good dimes, which for him is a grandiose improvement.

But again.... when is he gonna figure out how to play consistent team ball?

He's been in the league over a decade.... so when?

Its like he has a one track mind.

Because Kobe is a OVERATED Gay Fish....:oldlol:

oh the horror
04-25-2009, 03:46 PM

Do you like fish sticks?

branslowski
04-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Do you like fish sticks?

Yeah I like Fish Sticks!

LA_Showtime
04-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Do you like fish sticks?

Fish sticks = overrated. Arby's mozzarella sticks are the ****.

oh the horror
04-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Yeah I like Fish Sticks!

Then, youre a gay fish.

branslowski
04-25-2009, 03:52 PM
Then, youre a gay fish.

What?!! Im not a gay Fish?

oh the horror
04-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Apparently we're the only two people on this board who saw that episode of South Park.

branslowski
04-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Apparently we're the only two people on this board who saw that episode of South Park.

:oldlol: Yeah...

andgar923
04-25-2009, 04:01 PM

Cut the jokes, I'm serious here.

Kobe states that he has to balance his game no?

And apparently he hasn't been successful at it, or apparently isn't thrilled with it.

And you guys defend him on that, no?

So is this you guys admitting that he's yet to be a "consistent" team player?

That he has a one track mind, which means he's either in score (attack) mode or passing mode with little deviation.

But of course..... he doesn't have a player like Pip that can run the offense.

But he does have 3 players on the court that can.

Fish, Odom, Gasol and to some degree Luke and Farmar.

Or does that mean he's blaming his woes on his teammates?

I mean.... that's essentially what he was saying no?

I had a bad game because I don't have a Pippen (i.e. my teammates aren't good enough)

Sir Charles
04-25-2009, 04:03 PM
I was gonna respond to a well put out list...But This is Beyond Retardation...

McGrady
AK47
David Robinson
KG
Clyde
Bob Pettite...exc..All Better Players than Kobe?...WTF? Not worth it...OMFG

Robinson = Much Better Player than Kobe would ever be. Get Real!

D-Rob was A Cuadrouble Double Man. Lead the League In Points, Top Shot Blocker, Stole like a Guard, Interior and Floor Defender from the C Spot, Solild Rebounder, Higher FG%...More Impact Player...

KG = Way More All Around Player than Kobe. Also More Impact in his Prime.

Clyde in some aspects Better...

McGrady almost as Good...Not As Good Offensive but Better Rebounder, Passer and Defender...Better All Around Player :confusedshrug:

K.Koscik
04-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Kobe and his fans are probably the only people in the world that thinks he's better than MJ.

Actually, we don't. MJ is pretty much accepted as the GOAT. So you can stfu. Thanks.

branslowski
04-25-2009, 04:06 PM

D-Rob was A Cuadrouble Double Man. Lead the League In Points, Top Shot Blocker, Stole like a Guard, Interior and Floor Defender from the C Spot, Solild Rebounder, Higher FG%...More Impact Player...

McGrady almost as Good...Not As Good Offensive but Better Rebounder, Passer and Defender...Better All Around Player :confusedshrug:

Please Stop...You Had the Dumbest List in Mankind History...Its over...I dont care anymore...Im having a Good day so far and your trying to ruin it...

But you can answer this for me...Do you like Fish Sticks?

Sir Charles
04-25-2009, 04:06 PM
David Robinson over Jabar, Shaq, Hakeem, Magic???WTF?...OMFG..Where's Pleezbeleive when you need him...

Robinson is not Over Shaq...In Most Categories :rolleyes: . Jabbar Played More Seasons so in his Prime expect his PER and EFF to be Higher :hammerhead: .

Hakeem always had Higher EFF and he also Played more years Passed his Prime.

Yes Robinson was Better than Magic. Had More Impact :sleeping

Robinson was a 25-29 PPG (50% FG), 10-12 RPG, 3-4 APG, 3-4 BPG, 1-2 SPG man his prime...

dashoebox
04-25-2009, 04:09 PM
actually i've been watching the series and kobe HAS MULTIPLE OPPORTUNITIES to pass when hez double/triple teamed but he never does. Thatz also in part why he shot 5/24 in game 3. His teammates were wide open but he REFUSED to pass. He insisted on shooting his way out of it when he already set up his teammates and all he needed to do was give up the rock. I think that is the biggest difference between kobe-lebron-jordan. kobe still doesn't pass. After 12+ years hez still a ballhog...which pisses me off because i am at heart a laker fan, because hez not helping his team WIN! all he thinks about is HIS stat lines. :rant :rant

Abraham Lincoln
04-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Alas, thou must not realize that this likely be the similar thought process for players including Vince Carter, Allen Iverson, & Tracy McGrady during prior years regarding the Big Aristotle.

andgar923
04-25-2009, 04:15 PM
actually i've been watching the series and kobe HAS MULTIPLE OPPORTUNITIES to pass when hez double/triple teamed but he never does. Thatz also in part why he shot 5/24 in game 3. His teammates were wide open but he REFUSED to pass. He insisted on shooting his way out of it when he already set up his teammates and all he needed to do was give up the rock. I think that is the biggest difference between kobe-lebron-jordan. kobe still doesn't pass. After 12+ years hez still a ballhog...which pisses me off because i am at heart a laker fan, because hez not helping his team WIN! all he thinks about is HIS stat lines. :rant :rant

If he was as smart as his fans claim that he is, he'd pass outta the doubles and cut to the basket.

Since we're making the MJ comparison that's what he did. Which is partly why he was so effective and why some looking at the highlights say..... "he's getting easy shots".... well... yeah... he's creating them!!!

There's plenty of times when Kobe could do that, or attack but he'd rather go for the highlight basket (ie low percentage shot).

Abraham Lincoln
04-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Actually, we don't. MJ is pretty much accepted as the GOAT. So you can stfu. Thanks.
Thou not be refferring to thy type as a generalization, but rather dispelling the mere creedence of all thy type as poor circumstantial victims of self created double standards.

branslowski
04-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Alas, thou must not realize that this likely be the similar thought process for players including Vince Carter, Allen Iverson, & Tracy McGrady during prior years regarding the Big Aristotle.

HolySh!t!! Good ass point...Same way guy's were on the board saying "Well what If Carter had Shaq"...Thats cool...but Kobe (The Gay Fish) cant say he wants a Pippen?

If LeBron say's.."Well if I had Gasol"...That also would be cool....

Its Just the NAME....A reason to pull out your inner Hulk Rage against Kobe (The Gay Fish)...All Good though, this has been very funny though....:cheers:

Abraham Lincoln
04-25-2009, 04:22 PM
If he was as smart as his fans claim that he is, he'd pass outta the doubles and cut to the basket.

Since we're making the MJ comparison that's what he did. Which is partly why he was so effective and why some looking at the highlights say..... "he's getting easy shots".... well... yeah... he's creating them!!!

There's plenty of times when Kobe could do that, or attack but he'd rather go for the highlight basket (ie low percentage shot).
My fellow wise man, this be not the 1999-00 season. Thou must question the in game discipline of Kobe Bryant, rather than his basketball intelligence.

K.Koscik
Thou not be refferring to thy type as a generalization, but rather dispelling the mere creedence of all thy type as poor circumstantial victims of self created double standards.

What?

Samurai Swoosh

HE'S OVERRATED
I still respect him as a player, and he is hardly overrated. Not overrated by a long shot.

These comments however are just pure fantastical nonsense meant to defend his personal ego.

He outwarldy acts like he doesn't like or want the MJ comparisons. But honestly, you can tell Kobe craves them. He wants it more than anything. I mean seriously. He's openly admitted to wanting to be the best player of all time (nothing wrong with that) then that would openly welcome conversation WITH the greatest player of all-time aka Michael Jordan.

So this veiled non acceptance or displeasure of Jordan comparisons from Kobe is pathetic. It's an act. I wish he would just admit to it, instead. In fact, I think him wanting to win chips so bad without Shaq is less about wanting the wins for the wins, but for the sake of him amassing a resume that could at least compete with Jordan on some level.

Because the theoretical talk will always be there with their similar elite skill set, fierce drive, etc. But the hard cold facts of the resume is what ultimately seperates them. Jordan proved it in cold hard facts. Kobe hasn't done that, yet.

Abraham Lincoln
04-25-2009, 04:27 PM
HolySh!t!! Good ass point...Same way guy's were on the board saying "Well what If Carter had Shaq"...Thats cool...but Kobe (The Gay Fish) cant say he wants a Pippen?

If LeBron say's.."Well if I had Gasol"...That also would be cool....

Its Just the NAME....A reason to pull out your inner Hulk Rage against Kobe (The Gay Fish)...All Good though, this has been very funny though....:cheers:
Alas, who be the one to know the intended meaning of those revered words, other than the Lord Himself. Thou must realize this man cares not about being the best of all time in his respective sport, but rather more about what certain folks may believe regarding his all time status since the induction of the association in 1947.

bleedinpurpleTwo
04-25-2009, 04:50 PM
ever had really good home made mac & cheese?

OldSchoolBBall
04-25-2009, 04:56 PM
LMFAO @ this clown Kobe Bryant. How can anyone like this dude? :oldlol:

LOL @ "he had Pippen." Dude honestly thinks he's better than Jordan, I don't giive a sh%t what he says in PC interviews. Why would you even say that? If someone actually pointedly said to him "Jordan wouldn't have let that happen," why wouldn't you just deflect it and say "I'm not Jordan"?

Guy is a fukc*ng JOKE, and it's about time everyone realizes it.

lolwut
04-25-2009, 05:00 PM

HE'S OVERRATED

:cheers: My dude.

I haven't lost all respect for Kobe, but he's beyond overrated.

OldSchoolBBall
04-25-2009, 05:02 PM
And Gasol, Odom, and Walton provide more playmaking/passing than Pippen did, so I don't buy the "no one else can pass, so I have to scale back on my shots." Bullsh*t. The Lakers' offense frequently looks fantastic when Kobe's on the bench, way more than Chicago's did when MJ sat.

Guy is a joke. The reporter should have said, "one big difference, you're not Michael Jordan." :oldlol:

Duncan21formvp
04-25-2009, 05:02 PM

:applause:

Duncan21formvp
04-25-2009, 05:03 PM

LOL @ "he had Pippen." Dude honestly thinks he's better than Jordan, I don't giive a sh%t what he says in PC interviews. Why would you even say that? If someone actually pointedly said to him "Jordan wouldn't have let that happen," why wouldn't you just deflect it and say "I'm not Jordan"?

:rockon: :cheers:

lolwut
04-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Let's not go overboard here. I bleed Rockets red, i've watched McGrady as much as anybody, and there is absolutely no way he's better than Kobe Bryant.

Abraham Lincoln
04-25-2009, 05:07 PM
And Gasol, Odom, and Walton provide more playmaking/passing than Pippen did, so I don't buy the "no one else can pass, so I have to scale back on my shots." Bullsh*t. The Lakers' offense frequently looks fantastic when Kobe's on the bench, way more than Chicago's did when MJ sat.

Guy is a joke. The reporter should have said, "one big difference, you're not Michael Jordan." :oldlol:
Luke Walton plays professional basketball for the Lakers without his arms and legs. This be the general consensus in Hollywood.

OldSchoolBBall
04-25-2009, 05:09 PM
He is right. Pippen was the closest thing to a point guard the Bulls had. He got around the same touches if not more than Jordan as he played the key passing role in the triangle. Wasn't a coincidence that he'd average 5-7 assists in any given season or playoffs during the title runs.

Half of his assists were to Jordan, a dominant scorer. If Kobe made a greater percentage of his shots, his teammates would have more assists too. And again, Gasol/Odom/Walton together provide more passing/creating than Pippen ever did. There's no lack of creating or passing on the Lakers outside Kobe.

GMW
04-25-2009, 05:20 PM
The inability of people to read in this thread is hilarious.

DukeDelonte13
04-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Imagine if our old boy PB posted this thread first :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

nnn123
04-25-2009, 06:01 PM
"Michael could come out and shoot the ball 40 times a game," Bryant said. "I can't do that."

What does that mean? First of all, during the championship year MJ never generally took 40 shots in a game (except if it was like a triple OT game or something)...but even more, whenever Jordan dominated the ball and took a lot of shots, the offense stagnated and everyone else's opportunties got reduced. Jordan taking a bunch of shots had the same consequence as Kobe taking many shots.

Now what I do believe is that if you compare MJ's 2nd 3-peat team to Kobe's current, MJ's was more defensively stacked while Kobe has more offensive talent. So IMO Jordan had to take more shots than Kobe since he didn't have big centers that could score at a high percentage...if he had said something along these lines I think it would have been more believable

OldSchoolBBall
04-25-2009, 07:20 PM
LOL @ "Jordan could come out and shoot the ball 40 times a game" when Kobe has as many games of 38+ FGA as Jordan did, except Kobe did it in like half the time.

Jordan took 38+ shots just 5 times during the Bulls' championship years, and one of those was in 1998 when Pippen was out and he had to score more (and it was an OT game). Another was an OT game as well (64 points vs. the Magic).

LOL @ dude acting like Jordan was regularly firing 40 shots (or even 38+) when he had a good team around him. :oldlol: Try again, Kome.

I don't see what the problem is... he's giving his due to Scottie Pippen. It's true, the Lakers don't have anyone other then Kobe Bryant who can create their own shot off the dribble and break a defense down.

Uhh, Lamar Odom can. Pau Gasol can create his own offense whenever as well. LOL @ "off the dribble." Oh well, Kobe had perimeter talent in Butler and Odom, but didn't want to keep Butler because he was "redundant." Fact is, Kobe wouldn't be able to win rings with strictly perimeter talent like Jordan had. He needs good/great big men, which historically are proven to provide greater success than perimeter players. But then he'll ***** and moan about not having a stud perimeter teammate. Oh well, cry us a river. He has one very good one (Odom) and one good (and soon to be very good) one in Ariza. He also has the best PF/C combo in the league.

gxL
04-25-2009, 07:33 PM
jordan's bulls are a better team than kobe's lakers. better chemistry and mentality. and they're physically stronger

andgar923
04-25-2009, 07:36 PM
jordan's bulls are a better team than kobe's lakers. better chemistry and mentality. and they're physically stronger

LOL

Godfather
04-25-2009, 07:43 PM
LOL

It is close.

Dennis Rodman and Scottie Pippen are pretty even with Odom and Gasol (if not better).

DLeagueWannabe
04-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Why so much drama over his comment? LOL...If you love Kobe you'll defend him, if you hate him you'll hate these comments...LOL...it's simple really.

OldSchoolBBall
04-25-2009, 07:48 PM
It is close.

Dennis Rodman and Scottie Pippen are pretty even with Odom and Gasol (if not better).

I love how people always use the second three-peat, which was undoubtedly the more stacked of Jordan's Bulls teams. How about the first three-peat, when he won with less talent than in '96-'98 in a stronger league? Fish = Pax, Bynum (healthy) > Grant (often significantly so), Gasol <= Pippen (and if he is worse, he's not much worse in terms of impact at all), and then who is Odom in this scenario? Ariza? Farmar? Brown? Powell? Let's get real here. And Kobe's playing in a weaker league than the '90-'93 NBA too, which amplifies these talent advantages.

Dennis Rodman was one dimensional. I'd love to see Kobe win with a 5 pt/15 reb/45% FG player who was a great post defender but a non-shotblocker. I'd love to see him win with someone who made it almost as if you were playing 4-on-5 on offense rather than a guy like Gasol who can score from anywhere in any situation. Jordan never had a big man he could run a pick and roll with with any success, because his big men were always one dimensional and limited.

andgar923
04-25-2009, 07:53 PM
It is close.

I agree... its close.

But they're not better bigger and stronger.

Although I agree that they're mentally stronger.

Also..... do we really wanna compare a 35+year old Rodman, a 33+ year old Pippen, a 35+year old MJ, a 35+ year old Harper to the Lakers?

And I'd rather have Fisher in my team than any other point or shooting guard MJ ever had as a teammate (that includes an older Harper). Let alone Ariza, Farmar, Brown.

The best comparison would be Kukoc and Odom, but I'd rather take Odom than Kukoc.

Center?

Its actually a joke!

Bynum at this stage of his career is still >>>>>> than any Bulls center.

Scott Pippen
jordan's bulls are a better team than kobe's lakers. better chemistry and mentality. and they're physically strongerYes this is true, but not very significant. Better surrounding team =/= worse player, by some logic people believe. And they made up for the lack of talent in certain areas. After reading the article, I question if he is implying that he has to impact his team the same way Jordan & Pippen combined. Really I hope I misunderstood that. :ohwell:

Godfather
I love how people always use the second three-peat, which was undoubtedly the more stacked of Jordan's Bulls teams. How about the first three-peat, when he won with less talent than in '96-'98 in a stronger league? Fish = Pax, Bynum (healthy) > Grant (often significantly so), Gasol <= Pippen (and if he is worse, he's not much worse in terms of impact at all), and then who is Odom in this scenario? Ariza? Farmar? Brown? Powell? Let's get real here. And Kobe's playing in a weaker league than the '90-'93 NBA too, which amplifies these talent advantages.

Dennis Rodman was one dimensional. I'd love to see Kobe win with a 5 pt/15 reb/45% FG player who was a great post defender but a non-shotblocker. I'd love to see him win with someone who made it almost as if you were playing 4-on-5 on offense rather than a guy like Gasol who can score from anywhere in any situation.

What is wrong with using the second three peat?

The fact is Bynum hasn't been healthy and will probably not be at 100% in the Finals (if they get there). And the fact that Odom struggles when Bynum gets significant minutes makes it worse.

I cannot believe anyone would underrate Dennis Rodman like you just did (would be the best defensive player in today's game by far).

Rodman would absolutely dominate the soft big men of today's game (including Gasol who was made KG/Perkin's ***** in the finals) and whose rebounding would allow his team's big men to focus more on shotblocking.

I understand that you have a massive agenda against Kobe, but to say that his supporting cast was that much better than Jordan's second three peat is ludicrous.

Alpha Wolf
04-25-2009, 07:54 PM

yup he's not Michael Jordan, he's Kobe Bryant, he's still a better player than Jordan ever was.

Y'all c unts need to let Jordan rest in piss

OldSchoolBBall
04-25-2009, 08:01 PM
What is wrong with using the second three peat?

Nothing wrong with it, it's just slightly disingenuous since Jordan didn't win all 6 rings with that cast.

I cannot believe anyone would underrate Dennis Rodman like you just did (would be the best defensive player in today's game by far).

Uhh, ok. Like I said, Kobe can have Rodman. Do you realize what would happen to the Laker offense if Gasol was gone and they had no good/great interior player like Bynum? No big men to just stick their ridiculously long arms up and catch lobs and get offensive boards and putbacks? Lotsa jumpshots is what happens. Jumpers that don't fall all the time, as Kobe found out last game. :oldlol:

Rodman would absolutely dominate the soft big men of today's game (including Gasol who was made KG/Perkin's ***** in the finals) and whose rebounding would allow his team's big men to focus more on shotblocking.

And what if his team had no shotblocking? (like Jordan's team didn't) That's part of my point. Thanks for making it for me.

I understand that you have a massive agenda against Kobe, but to say that his supporting cast was that much better than Jordan's second three peat is ludicrous.

Did you even read my post? I was comparing it to the cast from the first three-peat. I do think this Laker team is more talented than the '96-'98 Bulls outside of Kobe/Jordan, yes. But it's closer than a comparison to the '91-'93 Bulls would have been.

Juges8932
04-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Holy ****. You guys are being absolutely ridiculous. Read the whole ****ing thing, ****. He's showing a lot of maturity. I don't think he meant to throw Pau and Andrew under the bus, he praises them all the time. Like in the interview with Magic, he said, "It helps when you get Pau Gasol," and they laughed together. Then he always talks about Bynum's physical presence and ****. Scottie is a top 50 player all-time and was one of the best players in the league who could help on the perimeter. Not saying Andrew and Pau don't have their benefits, because they definitely do, but if it was LeBron saying this, nobody would have a **** fit. Double standards are bull****.

branslowski
04-25-2009, 08:02 PM
yup he's not Michael Jordan, he's Kobe Bryant, he's still a better player than Jordan ever was.

I dont agree with the Kobe better than MJ part...Mj>>>>KB

But this part....:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :oldlol:

Not that its right...its just funny...

branslowski
04-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Holy ****. You guys are being absolutely ridiculous. Read the whole ****ing thing, ****. He's showing a lot of maturity. I don't think he meant to throw Pau and Andrew under the bus, he praises them all the time. Like in the interview with Magic, he said, "It helps when you get Pau Gasol," and they laughed together. Then he always talks about Bynum's physical presence and ****. Scottie is a top 50 player all-time and was one of the best players in the league who could help on the perimeter. Not saying Andrew and Pau don't have their benefits, because they definitely do, but if it was LeBron saying this, nobody would have a **** fit. Double standards are bull****.

:D

andgar923
04-25-2009, 08:05 PM

Bron wouldn't say anything
And Bron doesn't have Odom, Fish, Gasol, Bynum

And if he said some stupid shyt like that... I'd take a dump all over him as well.

Juges8932
04-25-2009, 08:07 PM
OldSchool, you are a hater, my God, it's ridiculous. Kobe always praises MJ and states he's the GOAT. Have you not seen the interviews where he says he doesn't want any MJ comparison questions. Like with Steven A and he was like no questions about MJ, and Steven A was like, "Why?" Kobe responds with, "You're talking about the greatest of all-time." And Also states how he just wants to be Kobe and let him be him. So GTFO with that ****. It's pathetically obvious how you just want to believe **** and put words in his mouth that he's never said.

andgar923
04-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Also.....

Rodman wouldn't be able to play under today's rules.

DonDadda59
04-25-2009, 08:09 PM

And he continues to prove it night-in night-out :roll:

Kobe's horrible performance against the Jazz made a mockery of the triangle, it was so bad Tex Winter had a stroke...

That joke was in bad taste, but I had an opening and I used it. Sue me

Juges8932
04-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Bron wouldn't say anything
And Bron doesn't have Odom, Fish, Gasol, Bynum

And if he said some stupid shyt like that... I'd take a dump all over him as well.

Oh please, MAYBE if MJ was involved in the question you would **** all of him, because of your infatuation with MJ. But Kobe's words always get twisted or presented out of context because pathetic losers (Not saying you, but the great anti-Kobes of ISH) want to find any possible reason to hate on him.

Juges8932
04-25-2009, 08:12 PM
And he continues to prove it night-in night-out :roll:

Kobe's horrible performance against the Jazz made a mockery of the triangle, it was so bad Tex Winter had a stroke...

That joke was in bad taste, but I had an opening and I used it. Sue me

Alpha Wolf is a disgrace to Kobe fans.

Yeah, Kobe had a terrible performance against the Jazz. I wasn't happy about it, but everybody is entitled to a bad game.

branslowski
04-25-2009, 08:13 PM
OldSchool, you are a hater, my God, it's ridiculous. Kobe always praises MJ and states he's the GOAT. Have you not seen the interviews where he says he doesn't want any MJ comparison questions. Like with Steven A and he was like no questions about MJ, and Steven A was like, "Why?" Kobe responds with, "You're talking about the greatest of all-time." And Also states how he just wants to be Kobe and let him be him. So GTFO with that ****. It's pathetically obvious how you just want to believe **** and put words in his mouth that he's never said.

Really Bro...Over the last week, I learned to take Kobe Basher's comments with a grain of Salt....Same way they shake their Heads at Alpha Wolf bashing MJ...Well I shake my head like that...But its just really pure comedy..

Everyone has critics...I can see if some of them were unbias and gave Kobe his dew, but most of them only comment on Kobe with something negative...So Take their comments with a grain of salt....

By the way, you like Fish Sticks?

Fatal9
04-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Lets deal with the facts here. Jordan's teammate won 55 games without him. Went to the East semis and took a team that came ONE win short of winning the championship to seven games. The Knicks team they faced was arguably the best of the 90s defensively. And this is the team that was "less stacked" of Jordan's teams according to the one of his hardcore fans here.

If Pippen stayed healthy at the start of the year, that team wins around 60 easily (3-7 without him) and has home court against the Knicks and probably goes to ECF and maybe the finals.

:oldlol: at ANY joker who thinks the Lakers without Kobe could accomplish that. Odom is too inconsistent. Gasol is good but only in situations where he can pick and choose when to score. Same with Bynum. The bench is garbage (Vujacic, Brown, Farmar lol). None of these players are good defenders, certainly not on Pippen, Grant level.

Juges8932
04-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Really Bro...Over the last week, I learned to take Kobe Basher's comments with a grain of Salt....Same way they shake their Heads at Alpha Wolf bashing MJ...Well I shake my head like that...But its just really pure comedy..

Everyone has critics...I can see if some of them were unbias and gave Kobe his dew, but most of them only comment on Kobe with something negative...So Take their comments with a grain of salt....

By the way, you like Fish Sticks?

Yeah, i usually do, and I can't help but click on these ****ing pathetic threads lol. Lately it's been annoying me moreso than usual.

Fish sticks, is that an inside joke or something? If you mean literal fish sticks, then they're alright lol.

Alpha Wolf
04-25-2009, 08:18 PM
lets not pretend Jordan didn't go 9-35 in a playoff game.

andgar923
04-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Oh please, MAYBE if MJ was involved in the question you would **** all of him, because of your infatuation with MJ. But Kobe's words always get twisted or presented out of context because pathetic losers (Not saying you, but the great anti-Kobes of ISH) want to find any possible reason to hate on him.

Uhhh....no... I would def dump on him. So its not a MAYBE situation.

And....

I already addressed what was supposedly "twisted" and nobody answered it. Because when you look at it in context and read the entire thing, it kinda seems worse.

I agree, that at times Kobe gets undeservedly criticized. And at times I've been the first to defend him but this aint the case.

And Kobe has been known to praise MJ and his teammates.

But he's also been known to be a liar, a hypocrite, and shift the blame on others along with believing that he's better than MJ.

Kobe which is why many people hate (or dislike) Kobe.

juju151111
04-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Noby is pretending that idiot. Its the fact that KB (ur so called goat) gave up a 13 pt lead. He also did so in the FINALS (20+ point lead ) lol Only in your mind he the goat and the reporter was just reminding his arrogant ass.

branslowski
04-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Yeah, i usually do, and I can't help but click on these ****ing pathetic threads lol. Lately it's been annoying me moreso than usual.

Fish sticks, is that an inside joke or something? If you mean literal fish sticks, then they're alright lol.

Aww, you didn't see that southpark episode about the Fish Sticks and the Gay Fish?

It goes like...you gotta say to the Person..."Do you like Fish d i c ks?"-but you gotta make it sound like ur sayin "Sticks"....then they say.."Yes"....then you say..."Then your a Gay Fish"..:roll:

That Episode about Kanye West=GOAT

andgar923
04-25-2009, 08:23 PM

Sure he's had some bad playoff games.
It was just one game, I'm sure he'll play better the next game.

But that wasn't what this was about.

branslowski
04-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Lets deal with the facts here. Jordan's teammate won 55 games without him. Went to the East semis and took a team that came ONE win short of winning the championship to seven games. The Knicks team they faced was arguably the best of the 90s defensively. And this is the team that was "less stacked" of Jordan's teams according to the one of his hardcore fans here.

If Pippen stayed healthy at the start of the year, that team wins around 60 easily (3-7 without him) and has home court against the Knicks and probably goes to ECF and maybe the finals.

:oldlol: at ANY joker who thinks the Lakers without Kobe could accomplish that. Odom is too inconsistent. Gasol is good but only in situations where he can pick and choose when to score. Same with Bynum. The bench is garbage (Vujacic, Brown, Farmar lol). None of these players are good defenders, certainly not on Pippen, Grant level.

:applause: ....Propaganda/conception...Stopped....Repped...:cheers:

andgar923
04-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Noby is pretending that idiot. Its the fact that KB (ur so called goat) gave up a 13 pt lead. He also did so in the FINALS (20+ point lead ) lol Only in your mind he the goat and the reporter was just reminding his arrogant ass.

He also gave up a series 3 game series lead vs the Suns.

Alpha Wolf
04-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Fatal just shut this thread down

another victory the new school... you old school fools need to retire

andgar923
04-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Fatal just shut this thread down

another victory the new school... you old school fools need to retireHow so?

By spitting out an old easily debunked argument?

Alpha Wolf
04-25-2009, 08:33 PM

on top of that Jordan was replaced by a CBA player (Pete Myers)

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

if Kobe retired and was replaced by a NBDL player no way would the Lakers win 50 + plus games and make it to the Conference Semifinals

andgar923
04-25-2009, 08:36 PM
on top of that Jordan was replaced by a CBA player (Pete Myers)

if Kobe retired and was replaced by a NBDL player no way would the Lakers win 50 + plus games and make it to the Conference Semifinals

Uh... doesn't that prove how great the "triangle" system is and how MJ is a better leader for making Pip the player he is?

Good one

:applause:

halffttime
04-25-2009, 08:37 PM
so many laker homers in here.. after reading that, and still, still tryna defend kobe?? i love kobe and all, great player, future hall of famer.. but how do you defend him here? :(

Juges8932
04-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Uhhh....no... I would def dump on him. So its not a MAYBE situation.

And....

I already addressed what was supposedly "twisted" and nobody answered it. Because when you look at it in context and read the entire thing, it kinda seems worse.

I agree, that at times Kobe gets undeservedly criticized. And at times I've been the first to defend him but this aint the case.

And Kobe has been known to praise MJ and his teammates.

But he's also been known to be a liar, a hypocrite, and shift the blame on others along with believing that he's better than MJ.

Kobe which is why many people hate (or dislike) Kobe.

Yeah, ok, whatever, so the one situation in which you would dump on LBJ would be the one having to deal with your affection for MJ.

I didn't look to see what you put about the twisted thing, because I didn't want to read all ten pages. Just addressing what I saw on first page.

To be honest, I have never ever seen in any of your posts in regards to Kobe, you having defended him. I'm not saying you haven't, but I definitely haven't seen it. You're usually one step behind Bruce on that train.

Ok....tell me a human being who doesn't do a single one of those things (Lie, hypocrisy, or shift blame)? Where is this Kobe believing he's better than MJ, I have NEVER seen Kobe say anything close to that. All I have seen him say about MJ is praise.

Juges8932
04-25-2009, 08:42 PM
He also gave up a series 3 game series lead vs the Suns.

Come on man lol. Kobe was carrying 3 bums and a cripple with him in that. Suns were one of the best teams in the league. It's not like he had a competent team. I agree Kobe has had some less than stellar performances, but to place that blame on Kobe is unfair. I would love to see a player that could have led that team anywhere.

halffttime
04-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Yeah, ok, whatever, so the one situation in which you would dump on LBJ would be the one having to deal with your affection for MJ.

I didn't look to see what you put about the twisted thing, because I didn't want to read all ten pages. Just addressing what I saw on first page.

To be honest, I have never ever seen in any of your posts in regards to Kobe, you having defended him. I'm not saying you haven't, but I definitely haven't seen it. You're usually one step behind Bruce on that train.

Ok....tell me a human being who doesn't do a single one of those things (Lie, hypocrisy, or shift blame)? Where is this Kobe believing he's better than MJ, I have NEVER seen Kobe say anything close to that. All I have seen him say about MJ is praise.

let us put it this way.. kobe is NOT as great as he thinks he is.. agree or disagree?

andgar923
04-25-2009, 08:44 PM

Cut the jokes, I'm serious here.

Kobe states that he has to balance his game no?

And apparently he hasn't been successful at it, or apparently isn't thrilled with it.

And you guys defend him on that, no?

So is this you guys admitting that he's yet to be a "consistent" team player?

That he has a one track mind, which means he's either in score (attack) mode or passing mode with little deviation.

But of course..... he doesn't have a player like Pip that can run the offense.

But he does have 3 players on the court that can.

Fish, Odom, Gasol and to some degree Luke and Farmar.

Or does that mean he's blaming his woes on his teammates?

I mean.... that's essentially what he was saying no?

I had a bad game because I don't have a Pippen (i.e. my teammates aren't good enough)

Stay on topic

bruceblitz
04-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Why do people respond to this clown? Looks like the onus is on me to put him in his place...

Scottie Pippen's First season:
7.9 PPG (.463% FGP) 3.8 RPG 2.1 APG in 20.9 MPG
In the playoffs 10 PPG (.465 FGP) 5.2 RPG 2.4 APG in 29.4 MPG

Jordan's Season in '87-'88:
35 PPG (.535% FGP) 5.5 RPG 5.9 APG 3.2 SPG 1.6 BPG
Led the league in PPG and steals
Won EVERY MAJOR AWARD (MVP, DPOY, Scoring Title, Steals Title, All NBA 1st Team, All NBA 1st Defense, All Star Game MVP, Slam Dunk Champion)
In the playoffs Averaged 36.3 PPG (.531% FGP) 7.1 RPG 4.7 APG

Clearly, Scottie Pippen was the reason the Bulls finally made it to the second round :rolleyes:

Much in the same way that Kobe was the reason the Lakers were so succesful his first 2 seasons in the league...

Kobe's First Season:
7.6 PPG (.417 FGP) 1.9 RPG 1.3 APG

Lakers record: 56-26, 2nd Pacific division, lost in second round to the Utah Jazz during the weak, watered down, isolation era where only skinny, white, unathletic midgets played... thanks to Kobe's heroics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4pnPaZtO3c

Kobe's Second Season:
15.4 PPG (.428 FGP) 3.1 RPG 2.5 APG

Lakers record: 61-21, 1st Pacific division, lost in WCF to the Jazz but beat The Blazers in the first round, Sonics in the second round while Kobe put up mind-blowingly great numbers- 8.7 PPG (.408 FGP) 1.9 RPG 1.5 APG

Yup Scottie Pippen was the only reason for the Bulls success, especially his first season. Jordan literally rode his coat-tails to 6 championships, 6 finals MVPs, 5 season MVPS (7 TSN MVPs), 10 scoring titles, DPOY, etc etc etc. Kobe dominated the weak, watered down 90s in ways that Jordan could only imagine, Kobe realy showed what he could do against the overrated Jazz that 35 year old Jordan baptized for numerous game/championship winning shots and other legendary performances. I think it's clear that without Scottie, Jordan would've been another TMac, never gotten out of the first round. Likewise, Shaq would've never led the Lakers to more than 30-40 wins without Kobe's dominance. Shaq and MJ would have 0 championships w/o Scottie and Kobe :oldlol:

branslowski

The Name Kobe=Draws Red...Anger....Another Player does same thing..not so much....:D

Double standards -are when certain applications may be acceptable to one group, but seen as taboo to another. Such double standards are seen as unjust because they violate a basic maxim of modern legal jurisprudence: that all parties should stand equal before the law. Double standards also violate the principle of justice known as impartiality, which is based on the assumption that the same standards should be applied to all people, without regard to subjective bias or favoritism based on social class, rank, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or other distinction. A double standard violates this principle by holding different people accountable according to different standards. The proverb "life is not fair" is often used to justify double standards in life.

There is a distinction to be made between double standards and hypocrisy, which implies the stated or presumed acceptance of a single standard a person claims to hold himself or herself accountable to, but which in practice may be disregarded. For example: a man who believes it is his right to have extramarital affairs, but that his wife does not have such a right holds a double standard. A man who publicly condemns extramarital affairs while maintaining his mistress is a hypocrite.

OldSchoolBBall

If you don't think that a team of Gasol/Bynuym/Odom/Ariza and another good peimeter player (analogous to the Kukoc pickup in '94), assuming they stay together for 4+ seasons and gel, could win 52+ games on a league sleeping on them after Kobe retired, you're crazy.

The Bulls might not have even gotten out of the first round that year if Daugherty/Williams/Nance (i.e., all their interior firepower) didn't miss the first round. The Cavs swept Chicago 4-0 that season. The Knicks were a perfect opponent for Chicago because they too lacked offense and were defense-based, so it became a defensive struggle.

Juges8932
04-25-2009, 08:47 PM
The Name Kobe=Draws Red...Anger....Another Player does same thing..not so much....:D

Double standards -are when certain applications may be acceptable to one group, but seen as taboo to another. Such double standards are seen as unjust because they violate a basic maxim of modern legal jurisprudence: that all parties should stand equal before the law. Double standards also violate the principle of justice known as impartiality, which is based on the assumption that the same standards should be applied to all people, without regard to subjective bias or favoritism based on social class, rank, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or other distinction. A double standard violates this principle by holding different people accountable according to different standards. The proverb "life is not fair" is often used to justify double standards in life.

There is a distinction to be made between double standards and hypocrisy, which implies the stated or presumed acceptance of a single standard a person claims to hold himself or herself accountable to, but which in practice may be disregarded. For example: a man who believes it is his right to have extramarital affairs, but that his wife does not have such a right holds a double standard. A man who publicly condemns extramarital affairs while maintaining his mistress is a hypocrite.

I know what a double-standard and a hypocrite are...why are you quoting me?

bruceblitz
04-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Kobe choked in the Finals vs the Pacers Shaq carried his choking ass
Kobe choked in the Finals vs the Sixers but Shaq carried his ass again
Kobe choked in the Finals vs the Pistons but didn't give Shaq the ball enough because he was in ball hog mode so they lost
Kobe didn't even make the playoffs the first year Shaq left, Jordan's teams made the playoffs every year he was on the team, even his rookie year.
Kobe choked to the Suns twice, even once with a 3-1 lead in the series
Kobe choked in the Finals last year against the Celtics

Kobe lost in the Finals to the Celtics WITH Gasol, Kobe lost in the Finals to the Pistons WITH SHAQ. :oldlol: :oldlol:

:hammerhead:

phelix2000
04-25-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm a Kobe homer, but those comments are absolutely absurd. Not only does he sound like a jackass, but that could really mess up team chemistry if he is belittling all these other talented players on his team. I think Kobe was just real upset with the way the game went and he made some outrageous comments that weren't warranted.

Juges8932
04-25-2009, 08:52 PM
let us put it this way.. kobe is NOT as great as he thinks he is.. agree or disagree?

I think Kobe sees himself as a top 10-20 player of all-time, and if that is what he thinks, then I agree with him. If he thinks he's top 3, then no, I don't agree with him. If he thinks he's the best player in the league right now, which I think it's safe to presume (Although I don't see him being arrogant about THAT), then I agree with him.

Alpha Wolf
04-25-2009, 08:52 PM
when Kobe "retired" to play baseball the Lakers replaced him with a NBDL player they won 50 + games and almost made it to the Conference Finals

o wait ... :rolleyes:

bruceblitz
04-25-2009, 08:53 PM
when Kobe "retired" to play baseball the Lakers replaced him with a NBDL player they won 50 + games and almost made it to the Conference Finals

Years that Kobe played in his prime without Shaq = 5
Years Kobe made it to the finals without Gasol or Shaq = 0

Years that Jordan played in his prime without Pippen = 0

Nice try.

Jordan is the GOAT. Period.

1981 Breaks record at McDonald's All-American game by scoring 30 points

1982= hits game winner for North Carolina, jumps into pass lane on defense forcing Sleepy Floyd to turn the ball over to James Worthy.

1983 = UNC choked in the NCAA tourney despite having the #2 seed, not Jordan

1984 = 1984 Named college Player of the Year. 1984 Wins Olympic gold medal as the leader of the U.S. basketball team. UNC choked again in the sweet 16 despite having the #1 seed, not Jordan

1985 = joined Chicago, who only won 27 games the year before, and led the franchise to 38 games and the playoff's. 1985 Named NBA Rookie of the Year.

1986 = Took the Celtics to a 3rd game rubber match, (yes kids only 3 game series at that point in NBA history), scored 63 points on the team that went on to win the championship that year, the Celtics were the #1 rated defense in the NBA, Jordan took them to their limit, despite Orlando Woolridge shooing 9-27 in the game, Jordan still kept the Bulls in it.

1987 = Jordan wins scoring title while making 48.2%(37.1ppg) of his shot attempts, Winner Slam Dunk Contest, Named NBA Most Valuable Player, Named NBA Defensive Player of the Year, Named to the NBA All-Defensive First Team, Named to the All-NBA First Team, back in the playoffs again. Jordan averaged over 40 points per game for over half of this season.

1988 = Jordan wins scoring title while making 53.5% of his shot attempts, Wins Slam Dunk Contest, Named NBA Most Valuable Player, Named NBA All-Star Games Most Valuable Player, Pippen was still developing, the help around Jordan was limited, lost to the eventual world champs in the playoffs, still got them to the playoffs

1989 = Jordan wins scoring title while making 53.8% of his shot attempts, Named to the All-NBA First Team, Named to the NBA All-Defensive First Team, Jordan and his teammates had a decent showing against the Pistons, Jordan did everything he could, the cast around him hadn't developed enough to beat a stacked team like Detroit.

1990 = Jordan wins scoring title while making 52.6% of his shot attempts, Named to the All-NBA First Team, Named to the NBA All-Defensive First Team, Once again ran into the Detroit buzzsaw, but still led the Bulls to the playoffs.

1991 = Jordan wins scoring title while making 53.9% of his shot attempts, Named NBA Most Valuable Player, Named to the All-NBA First Team, Named to the NBA All-Defensive First Team, Leads Chicago Bulls to their first NBA title. In the 1991 NBA Finals Jordan posted per game averages of 31.2 points on 56% shooting from the field, 11.4 assists, 6.6 rebounds, 2.8 steals and 1.4 blocks. Jordan won his first NBA Finals MVP award by a unanimous decision, and he cried while holding the NBA Finals trophy.

1992 = Jordan wins scoring title while making 51.9% of his shot attempts, Named NBA Most Valuable Player, Named to the All-NBA First Team, Named to the NBA All-Defensive First Team, Wins Olympic gold medal with U.S. basketball team, leads bulls to back-to-back titles. In the 1992 NBA Finals Jordan was named Finals MVP for the second year in a row and finished the series averaging 35.8 ppg, 4.8 rpg, and 6.5 apg, 1.67 steals, .33 blocks while shooting 53% from the floor.

1993 = Jordan wins scoring title while making 49.5% of his shot attempts, Named to the All-NBA First Team, Named to the NBA All-Defensive First Team, Leads bulls to their 3rd straight championship, In the 1993 NBA Finals Jordan averaged a Finals-record 41.0 ppg during the six-game series, 8.5 rebounds, 6.3 assists, .67 blocks, 1.67steals, and became the first player in NBA history to win three straight Finals MVP awards. Jordan scored more than 30 points in every game of the series, including 40 or more points in 4 consecutive games, an NBA finals record which has never been threatened.

1995 = BULLS were struggling to stay over .500 in the 94-95 season, and when Jordan came back to the Bulls we won 76% of the rest of the games in the regular season, won 72 games the following year.

1996 = Jordan wins scoring title, past his athletic prime, while making 49.5% of his shot attempts, Named NBA Most Valuable Player, Named to the All-NBA First Team, Named to the NBA All-Defensive First Team, Named one of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History, Named NBA All-Star Games Most Valuable Player. Leads Bulls to their 4th championship of Jordan's career as leader of the team. In the 1996 Finals Jordan averaged 27.3 points, 5.3 rebounds, 4.16 assists, 1.67 steals, .17 blocks per game in the 1996 NBA Finals vs Seattle. Jordan won the Finals MVP trophy. (Dennis Rodman, great defender, even though Gary Payton beat him out for defensive player of the year award and Dennis Rodman's prime was in the 80's, Rodman was a liability on offense, still contributed with defense and rebounding.)

1997 = Jordan wins scoring title, past his athletic prime, while making 48.6% of his shot attempts, Named to the All-NBA First Team, Named to the NBA All-Defensive First Team, Leads Bulls to 5th championship as the leader of the team, In the 1997 Finals Jordan averaged 32.3 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, .83 blocks, 1.17 steals per game in the 1997 NBA finals against the Utah Jazz. Jordan won the Finals MVP trophy.

1998 = Jordan wins scoring title, past his athletic prime, while making 46.5% of his shot attempts, Named NBA Most Valuable Player, Named to the All-NBA First Team, Named to the NBA All-Defensive First Team, Named NBA All-Star Games Most Valuable Player, led Bulls to 6th championship as leader of the team, In the 1998 Finals Jordan averaged 33.5 points, 4 rebounds, 2.3 assists, .67 steals, .67 blocks per game in the 1998 NBA finals against the Utah Jazz. Jordan won the Finals MVP trophy.

-Jordan was 6 for 6 in NBA Finals appearances and 6 for 6 with Finals MVP awards

2001 - 02 = MJ comes out of retirement to play for the Wizards, Jordan was 8 years removed from his prime.

ALL-TIME SCORING RECORDS:
1st Place: MJ, 24 scoring records
2nd Place: Wilt, 18 scoring records
3rd Place: Moot

- Highest career scoring average: MJ 30.12
- Highest career playoff scoring average: MJ 33.4
- Highest career Finals scoring average: MJ 33.6 (min. 15 games)
- Highest single season playoff average: MJ 43.7
- Highest single Finals series average: MJ 41.0
- Most Total Points Playoffs: MJ 5987
- Most seasons leading league in scoring: MJ 10
- Most seasons leading league in total points: MJ 11
- Most consecutive seasons leading in scoring: MJ, Wilt tied at 7
- Most 50 point games playoffs: MJ 8
- Most 40 point games playoffs: MJ 38
- Most 30 point games: MJ 563
- Most 30 point games playoffs: MJ 109
- Most consecutive 50 point games playoffs: MJ 2
- Most consecutive 45 point games playoffs: MJ 3
- Most consecutive 40 point games finals: MJ 4
- Most consecutive 30 point games finals: MJ 9
- Most consecutive 20 point games playoffs: MJ 60
- Most consecutive 20 point games finals: MJ 35
- Most consecutive double figures scoring: MJ 866
- Highest scoring game playoffs: MJ 63
- Most points in one half finals: MJ 35
- Oldest to score 50: MJ 51 at age 38
- Oldest to score 40: MJ 43 at age 40

Jordan won 10 scoring titles, 6 he won while making over 50% of his shots, Jordan led the league in steals, Jordan was the best shot blocking guard, Jordan won 14 combined MVP's (3 all star, 5 league, 6 finals). Jordan averaged 33, 6, and 6 in the Finals for his career.
Doug Collins decided to move Jordan to the point guard spot against Seattle on March 11, 1989. He finished that game with 15 assists. Two days later, he had a game of 21/14/14 against the Pacers in just 30 minutes of playing time in a 32-point blowout win. He reached the triple double mark in just 21 minutes. Jordan continued to play at the PG spot until the end of the season. In these 24 games he averaged 29.3ppg, 8.9rpg, 10.6 apg, 2.4spg. Between March 24 and April 14, 1989, he recorded a triple double in ten of the eleven games, including seven consecutive ones. In the game he didn't record a triple double, he finished with 40 points, 11 assists and 7 rebounds. The hands down greatest of all time, anyone disputing this is a misinformed individual.

Jordan averaged 31.5ppg on 51.5% shooting when he wore a Bulls uniform while leading the league in scoring 10 times.

Keep trying to post propaganda, kid.

Alpha Troll :no:

qrich
04-25-2009, 08:54 PM

When Jordan had the most dominant big man ever and a group of solid role players/vets, he lost the series in which his squad was favored to win.

Oh wait ... :rolleyes:

This fool is too easy :oldlol:

andgar923
04-25-2009, 08:54 PM

How mature. And I've dumped on Bron plenty of times for many reasons. Btw... stop making this about Bron.

I have and I post in other boards besides this one.

I agree.... people are liars and hypocrites.

It just depends when or where they do it.

Kobe happens to do it often and in the public arena. Then cry and complain.

Kobe has made excuses and tried to diminish MJ's legacy indirectly.

There was an interview with Tmac where he said Kobe believed he was better than MJ.

Juges8932
04-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Alpha Troll :no:

Just stop feeding him lol.

The rational Kobe fans know MJ is GOAT. I wish people would appreciate Kobe's greatness and quit the comparisons... However, I am highly annoyed at all the bashing by the biased haters. Getting old.

Alpha Wolf
04-25-2009, 08:57 PM
:hammerhead:

so

- scoring 35pts in game 4 against Indy after Shaq fouled out and winning the game

- putting up 48pts and 16rebs against Sacramento in game 4

- then putting up 45pts against Duncan and Robinson in SA

- averaging 29ppg, 7rpg, 6apg in '01 playoffs

had nothing to do with it........

"WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU.....YOU NEED MORE PEOPLE"

Kobe was just as important as Shaq to winning the '01 and '02 rings. While Shaq won the finals MVP's against scrub Eastern conference teams, Kobe was killing in San Antonio in the WCF's where the real championship was getting decided.

anyone whos a basketball fan, and was watching at that time,

knows the Western Conference Finals is where the coronation began.

The Finals was just a formality and not a single series was as exciting or more drama filled than any of the western conference final series.

:oldlol: @ acting like the Pacers 76ers & Nets were better then the Blazers Spurs & Kings

Samurai Swoosh
04-25-2009, 08:58 PM
If you don't think that a team of Gasol/Bynuym/Odom/Ariza and another good peimeter player (analogous to the Kukoc pickup in '94), assuming they stay together for 4+ seasons and gel, could win 52+ games on a league sleeping on them after Kobe retired, you're crazy.

The Bulls might not have even gotten out of the first round that year if Daugherty/Williams/Nance (i.e., all their interior firepower) didn't miss the first round. The Cavs swept Chicago 4-0 that season. The Knicks were a perfect opponent for Chicago because they too lacked offense and were defense-based, so it became a defensive struggle.
This is the actual truth within context fellas.

Alpha Wolf
04-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Just stop feeding him lol.

In other words, "pretend he dosen't exist so we can continue to act as though our opinions are unrefuted fact"

bruceblitz
Obviously I need to post a video on youtube that highlights all the choke jobs Kobe's had in the playoffs since his fans want to keep ignoring it.

ttyl

Juges8932

There was an interview with Tmac where he said Kobe believed he was better than MJ.

I can just go by what I have seen, and you are pretty pro-Bron, and since people always want to make the comparisons to that, and he is the only one who gets close to as many posts on him as Kobe, it's just something to gauge with. But ok, let's just drop that.

That's why I said, I'm not saying you haven't, but I have never seen it, so I don't really know why you're trying to comment back to that? It was my way of dropping that argument.

Well, I have seen a ****-load of Kobe interviews and I can think of many where all that was said was positives about MJ. I have yet to see one where he has in any way diminished MJ's accomplishments, etc.

An interview with TMAC...ok? What does this have to do with what KOBE has said. That's the he said/she said game, which truly doesn't mean ****. And most people on this board have been discrediting anything TMAC has had to say, so IDK why it would be relevant now. That's not exactly concrete evidence.

nnn123
04-25-2009, 09:02 PM

No one really knows for sure, but I honestly think that if Kobe retired after this season the Lakers could win 50+ games. First of all they had a monster season winning 65 games, you can't say that Kobe is solely responsible for that, it's not like he is having his greatest season of all time...and you combine that with the fact that if anyone on the team has consistency problems, it's actually KOBE....Gasol has been pretty damn consistent the whole year. They've had a couple of years to gel together, and I think this could be a 50 win team w/o Kobe (if I remember correctly Gasol led the Grizzlies to a 50 win season previously as well).

Now of course they wouldn't win the championship, and Kobe is clearly the best player on that team...his loss would cause big problems. But IMO they could win 50+

juju151111
In other words, "pretend he dosen't exist so we can continue to act as though our opinions are unrefuted fact"
Even your fellow LA fans think your a dumbass.

andgar923

Of course there's double standards.

The reason that exists is because one side usually deserves them.

And that side is MJ.

I mean.... do you think Sasha deserves the same treatment as Kobe? howabout Kwame or Smoosh?

Double standards exist for a reason.

MJ ACCOMPLISHED everything every NBA player (and in many cases every athlete) aspires too.

He's been through all the trials and tribulations, through all the struggles, through all the up and downs and he's become legendary for it.

MJ IS already the GOAT
MJ has already accomplished more
MJ has elevated the game of basketball and changed it forever

Are you saying that he doesn't deserve the double standard?

Alpha Wolf
04-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Obviously I need to post a video on youtube that highlights all the choke jobs Kobe's had in the playoffs since his fans want to keep ignoring it.

ttyl

- scoring 35pts in game 4 against Indy after Shaq fouled out and winning the game

choke jobs :no:

juju151111
04-25-2009, 09:03 PM

ttyl
Make sure to post his stats in those vids too.

Juges8932
04-25-2009, 09:04 PM

I'm a Kobe fan and have never put Kobe down, so quit acting like I'm on the MJ ******ger team. But you make us (Kobe fans) look bad by being just as biased as the MJ lovers. I can just acknowledge Kobe's shortcomings, as with ANY great player. He has shown up big, and the Kobe haters only like to use the stats that support their claim (Of course).

halffttime
04-25-2009, 09:05 PM

link me to this tmac interview you speak of.. thanks

DonDadda59
04-25-2009, 09:05 PM

As you said, let's look at the facts:

1992-1993 Season Bulls Roster
Bill Cartwright
Horace Grant
Scottie Pippen
Michael Jordan
B.J. Armstrong

Finished: 57-25
Won NBA championship: Jordan Finals MVP (third in a row)

1993-1994 Bulls Key Roster Additions
Luc Longley
Toni Kukoc (one of the best 6th men ever; very versatile; 11PPG as rookie coming off the bench)
Steve Kerr (shot 50% FG; 42% from 3)

Finished: 55-27
Lost in 2nd round

Now Pippen had an MVP calibre season and he showed that he was a superstar and could lead a team on his own. But let's not make believe that the '94 Bulls team was the same as the '93 championship winning squad. When Horace left the team the next year, the Bulls were struggling to stay above .500 and Jordan came back and carried them into a playoff berth. And when he finally got a chance to play with the new roster (Rodman joined in '95 offseason), all he did was lead the team to a record of 72-10 (best record ever) and a second three-peat (won finals MVP EVERY TIME).

If Kobe would sit out a season (and Bynum stays healthy), this Laker squad is more than capable of winning 50-60 games. They have 3 all star calibre players who wouldn't be mere spectators any more. Bynum could average 15 PPG 10 RPG 2+ BPG; Gasol 20 PPG 10 RPG; Odom 15 PPG 10 RPG 5 APG (assists would be closer to 7 because he'd be the point forward). Add the litany of shooters and reserves they have (Sasha, Fisher, Farmar, Luke, Powell, Ariza) and the fact that the ball would move more and not stagnate, they'd have no problems scoring. They'd be a bad defense team (as they are w/ Kobe) but that really wouldn't affect the win/loss column outside of the playoffs. So let's not make believe that Kobe's supporting cast this (and pretty much his whole career) season isn't vastly superior to Jordan's teams, offensively at least.

Those are the facts.

Alpha Wolf
04-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Make sure to post his stats in those vids too.

ain't nobody watching his propaganda videos

andgar923
I can just go by what I have seen, and you are pretty pro-Bron, and since people always want to make the comparisons to that, and he is the only one who gets close to as many posts on him as Kobe, it's just something to gauge with. But ok, let's just drop that.

That's why I said, I'm not saying you haven't, but I have never seen it, so I don't really know why you're trying to comment back to that? It was my way of dropping that argument.

Well, I have seen a ****-load of Kobe interviews and I can think of many where all that was said was positives about MJ. I have yet to see one where he has in any way diminished MJ's accomplishments, etc.

An interview with TMAC...ok? What does this have to do with what KOBE has said. That's the he said/she said game, which truly doesn't mean ****. And most people on this board have been discrediting anything TMAC has had to say, so IDK why it would be relevant now. That's not exactly concrete evidence.

Fair enough, but I'm far from a Bron groupie. Some actually think I don't llke him.

But I call it like I see it.

branslowski
We should all go find Kobe's Wife and Kidnapp her...:oldlol:

juju151111
04-25-2009, 09:07 PM

choke jobs :no:
I think he was refering to choking ,00,01,04,08 finals.Utah in 99 etc.... The difference with MJ and KB is MJ team chokes while he putting Goat performances while Kobe chokes with his team and cost them gms.

Juges8932
04-25-2009, 09:07 PM

ttyl

If you spend the time making that, then I truly pity you. I generally enjoy your videos and think you ahve a pretty good knowledge on the game, but that's just pathetic if you spend time making a Kobe "choke" video.

juju151111
04-25-2009, 09:09 PM
ain't nobody watching his propaganda videos
?? Why does his vids always have so many views then?

Lakers13
This is like the Never Ending story....

steeph28
If Kobe would sit out a season (and Bynum stays healthy), this Laker squad is more than capable of winning 50-60 games. They have 3 all star calibre players who would be mere spectators any more. Bynum could average 15 PPG 10 RPG 2+ BPG; Gasol 20 PPG 10 RPG; Odom 15 PPG 10 RPG 5 APG (assists would be closer to 7 because he'd be the point forward). Add the litany of shooters and reserves they have (Sasha, Fisher, Farmar, Luke, Powell, Ariza) and the fact that the ball would move more and not stagnate, they'd have no problems scoring. They'd be a bad defense team (as they are w/ Kobe) but that really wouldn't affect the win/loss column outside of the playoffs. So let's not make believe that Kobe's supporting cast this (and pretty much his whole career) season isn't vastly superior to Jordan's teams, offensively at least.

Those are the facts.

Well this part is actually speculation.

Lakers13
04-25-2009, 09:10 PM
?? Why does his vids always have so many views then?

Jordan and LeBron fans, I assume there is a lot of them

andgar923
04-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Jordan and LeBron fans, I assume there is a lot of them

KPAH actually have many many more.

bruceblitz
04-25-2009, 09:13 PM
People like to talk about how Pippen led the Bulls to a good season without Jordan, fail to see that the Bulls won 76% of their games when Jordan came back and went 72-10 in the first full season that Jordan was back, but, let's look at how good the Lakers were when Kobe was a bencher:
1997 Playoffs
game 2 vs Portland Kobe 1-3fg
game 1 vs Jazz Kobe 1-7fg
game 3 vs Jazz Kobe 3-7fg
game 4 vs Jazz Kobe 3-9fg
game 5 vs Jazz Kobe 4-14fg

1998 Playoffs
game 1 vs Blazers 4-9fg
game 2 vs Blazers 2-7fg
game 3 vs Blazers 1-6fg

game 1 vs Sonics 1-5fg
game 2 vs Sonics DNP
game 3 vs Sonics DNP
game 4 vs Sonics DNP

game 1 vs Jazz 4-14fg
game 2 vs Jazz 3-10fg
game 3 vs Jazz 2-4fg

Lakers make it to the Western Conference Finals, Kobe is a bench player, Kobe has no impact on the team yet the Lakers make it to the Conference Finals without him.

Lakers13
04-25-2009, 09:13 PM
KPAH actually have many many more.

Wouldn't know, I don't watch videos from insane people

DonDadda59
04-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Well this part is actually speculation.

True, but people act like Kobe is solely responsible for the Lakers success. He's one of the most inconsistent 'superstars' the league has seen and the Lakers have won many games despite his awful performances this year. Take a look at the last game in Utah, he shoots 5-24 but the Lakers lose by only 2 points thanks to last second heroics from Deron Williams. The Lakers with this squad, without adding anyone as the Bulls did in '94, could easily win 50-60 games.

Juges8932
As you said, let's look at the facts:

1992-1993 Season Bulls Roster
Bill Cartwright
Horace Grant
Scottie Pippen
Michael Jordan
B.J. Armstrong

Finished: 57-25
Won NBA championship: Jordan Finals MVP (third in a row)

1993-1994 Bulls Key Roster Additions
Luc Longley
Toni Kukoc (one of the best 6th men ever; very versatile; 11PPG as rookie coming off the bench)
Steve Kerr (shot 50% FG; 42% from 3)

Finished: 55-27
Lost in 2nd round

Now Pippen had an MVP calibre season and he showed that he was a superstar and could lead a team on his own. But let's not make believe that the '94 Bulls team was the same as the '93 championship winning squad. When Horace left the team the next year, the Bulls were struggling to stay above .500 and Jordan came back and carried them into a playoff berth. And when he finally got a chance to play with the new roster (Rodman joined in '95 offseason), all he did was lead the team to a record of 72-10 (best record ever) and a second three-peat (won finals MVP EVERY TIME).

If Kobe would sit out a season (and Bynum stays healthy), this Laker squad is more than capable of winning 50-60 games. They have 3 all star calibre players who would be mere spectators any more. Bynum could average 15 PPG 10 RPG 2+ BPG; Gasol 20 PPG 10 RPG; Odom 15 PPG 10 RPG 5 APG (assists would be closer to 7 because he'd be the point forward). Add the litany of shooters and reserves they have (Sasha, Fisher, Farmar, Luke, Powell, Ariza) and the fact that the ball would move more and not stagnate, they'd have no problems scoring. They'd be a bad defense team (as they are w/ Kobe) but that really wouldn't affect the win/loss column outside of the playoffs. So let's not make believe that Kobe's supporting cast this (and pretty much his whole career) season isn't vastly superior to Jordan's teams, offensively at least.

Those are the facts.

I honestly hope you're kidding. 60 games is definitely pushing it, badly. I could see 50. Sasha, who has been struggling this whole year? Luke Walton that blows ass? Farmar who has also been struggling? I'll give you Ariza, Powell, and Fisher, but those other 3 are a complete joke. Jordan's teams were vastly superior defensively. DEFENSE wins championships. Kobe moves the ball around, he penetrates, then kicks it out due to drawing double teams and finds the perimeter guys or a nice pass to Pau/Bynum/Odom. That team would be nothing like this current team. Pretty much his whole career, I guess we're excluding the 04-07 years (Late '04 and early '07)

There was nothing about facts in that whole paragraph.

Alpha Wolf
I think he was refering to choking ,00,01,04,08 finals.Utah in 99 etc.... The difference with MJ and KB is MJ team chokes while he putting Goat performances while Kobe chokes with his team and cost them gms.

how about mj's choke jobs

85' joined Chicago and only won 38 games and Choked in the playoff's vs Milwakee...lol

86' Choked in game 3 vs the Celtics only scoring 14 points..lol

87' Choked again vs the Celtics and got swept!

88' Choked vs the Piston's.....lol

89' choked again vs the Piston's...lol

90' choked again vs the Piston's.........lmao!

* 94' MJ retired and the Bulls won 55 games and made it to the 2nd round (where they lost to the Knicks in 7 games on a bad call....Pippen , Grant , and Armstrong were all ALLSTARS! without MJ there to "make them better")

95' MJ comes back and CHOKES vs Orlando ( they did better the year before)

steeph28
People like to talk about how Pippen led the Bulls to a good season without Jordan, fail to see that the Bulls won 76% of their games when Jordan came back and went 72-10 in the first full season that Jordan was back, but, let's look at how good the Lakers were when Kobe was a bencher:
1997 Playoffs

1998 Playoffs
game 1 vs Blazers 4-9fg
game 2 vs Blazers 2-7fg
game 3 vs Blazers 1-6fg

game 1 vs Sonics 1-5fg
game 2 vs Sonics DNP
game 3 vs Sonics DNP
game 4 vs Sonics DNP

game 1 vs Jazz 4-14fg
game 2 vs Jazz 3-10fg
game 3 vs Jazz 2-4fg

Lakers make it to the Western Conference Finals, Kobe is a bench player, Kobe has no impact on the team yet the Lakers make it to the Conference Finals without him.

Wasn't he like 17-18 in those seasons?

andgar923
Wouldn't know, I don't watch videos from insane people

LOL

juju151111
04-25-2009, 09:20 PM
how about mj's choke jobs

85' joined Chicago and only won 38 games and Choked in the playoff's vs Milwakee...lol

86' Choked in game 3 vs the Celtics only scoring 14 points..lol

87' Choked again vs the Celtics and got swept!

88' Choked vs the Piston's.....lol

89' choked again vs the Piston's...lol

90' choked again vs the Piston's.........lmao!

* 94' MJ retired and the Bulls won 55 games and made it to the 2nd round (where they lost to the Knicks in 7 games on a bad call....Pippen , Grant , and Armstrong were all ALLSTARS! without MJ there to "make them better")

95' MJ comes back and CHOKES vs Orlando ( they did better the year before)
Why are you responding to something i didn't say?? I said MJ plays great, but his team doesn't step up while KB plays bad with his team. Ok lets post KB choke series stats against MJ and compare stats.lol I know you wouldn't want that.lol you going to see alot of 40% and under gms.:lol :roll: :hammertime:

bruceblitz
04-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Feel free to post games where Scottie carried Jordan. Stats please.

1997 Playoffs
(Shaq 11-21fg)
(Shaq 5-8fg)
(Shaq 12-19fg)
(Shaq 9-17fg)

1998 Playoffs
game 1 vs Blazers 4-9fg
(Shaq 13-20fg)
game 2 vs Blazers 2-7fg
(Shaq 7-15fg)
game 3 vs Blazers 1-6fg
(Shaq 16-23fg)

game 1 vs Sonics 1-5fg
(Shaq 11-20fg)
game 2 vs Sonics DNP
(Shaq 10-17fg)
game 3 vs Sonics DNP
(Shaq 10-18fg)
game 4 vs Sonics DNP
(Shaq 12-17fg)

game 1 vs Jazz 4-14fg
game 2 vs Jazz 3-10fg
(Shaq 14-21fg)
game 3 vs Jazz 2-4fg
(Shaq 14-24fg)

1999 Playoffs
game 3 vs Rockets 5-17fg
(Shaq 12-21fg)
game 4 vs Rockets 9-25fg
(Shaq 14-22fg)

NBASTATMAN
04-25-2009, 09:25 PM

What do yall think ...

I think Kobe has been off his rocker since high school.. The guy has had problems with his own family.. Any comments this guy makes are pretty much always dumb.. Still a great player....

Alpha Wolf
04-25-2009, 09:28 PM

HE'S OVERRATED

You hate Kobe because he's everything you're not. He got a dime of a wife, he got two children, he beat a rape case and still loved by white people, he's adored by the international fan, he has tons of endorsements, championship rings... all at the age of 30. You're the average Joe Schmoe and you're living your life vicariously through him.

CelticForce1349
04-25-2009, 09:32 PM
So... a reporter asks kobe a question about Jordan, and the idiot finds a way to shoot himself in the foot once again. It's too bad this clown finds more ways to complain and blame others for his problems, than he ever will find a way to put the ball in the hoop, especially when his team needs it the most.

I swear the Lakers fans on ISH are haters of everything that is not kobe, and even bigger morons than the losers at a KKK rally! Wake up kobe, Jordan is the G.O.A.T. you are just merely an NBA marketing tool.

Fixed. No worries man, I know you were just in a hurry and made an error.

NBASTATMAN
04-25-2009, 09:33 PM

What do yall think ...

Kobe is acting like MJ had Magic as his running partner.. I feel bad for Kobe because I have never heard him say he was as good as MJ but I understand why he actually said something... Though it was a stupid something.. Kobe forgets he pretty much played with the most dominant player ever... And there is a guard in Miami who won with that Center at a point in his career where Shaq was not the main man... I think the press needs to chill.. Kobe will WIN his title this year but he needs to understand he has GASOL, ODOM, AND BYNUM yet he seems to **** on them by saying MJ had Pippen.. That is crazy... Gasol is better than Pippen and Bynum will dominate this league when he can actually touch the ball...

The_Yearning
04-25-2009, 09:34 PM

You hate Kobe because he's everything you're not. He got a dime of a wife, he got two children, he beat a rape case and still loved by white people, he's adored by the international fan, he has tons of endorsements, championship rings... all at the age of 30. You're the average Joe Schmoe and you're living your life vicariously through him.

new troll in town and he thinks he's alpha :roll:

brah you're beta....nah scratch that...you're gamma brah.

step ya game up homie

NBASTATMAN
04-25-2009, 09:34 PM

so you are saying bruceblitz wants to beat a rape case.. Something is wrong with Kobe fans... Or you guys are just dumb...

NBASTATMAN
04-25-2009, 09:36 PM

And Odom who is a very good facilitator too.. If KObe shot a higher percentage than Odom would have MORE ASSISTS...

bruceblitz
04-25-2009, 09:37 PM
The championship years!
2000 Playoffs
game 1 vs Kings 11-22fg
(Shaq 21-33fg)
game 4 vs Kings 13-30fg
(Shaq 10-22fg)
game 5 vs Kings 7-16fg
(Shaq 15-24fg)

game 1 vs Suns 8-17fg
(Shaq 15-28fg)
game 2 vs Suns 6-11fg
(Shaq 16-28fg)
game 3 vs Suns 8-20fg
(Shaq 14-21fg)
game 4 vs Suns 10-20fg
(Shaq 10-15fg) (Kobe takes as many shots as Shaq, Lakers lose)
game 5 vs Suns 6-16fg
(Shaq 7-19fg)

game 1 vs Blazers 4-9fg
(Shaq 14-25fg)
game 2 vs Blazers 2-9fg
(Shaq 9-16fg)
game 4 vs Blazers 5-15fg
(Shaq 8-17fg)
game 5 vs Blazers 4-13fg
(Shaq 12-20fg)

NBA Finals
game 1 vs Pacers 6-13fg
(Shaq 21-31fg)
game 2 vs Pacers 1-3fg
(Shaq 11-18fg)
game 3 vs Pacers DNP
(Shaq 15-24fg)
game 5 vs Pacers 4-20
(Shaq 17-27fg)
game 6 vs Pacers 8-27fg
(Shaq 19-32fg)

Just imagine, what if Jordan had Shaq his rookie season with Da Bulls, like Kobe did at the age of 20-21? Too bad Jordan only had Orlando Woolridge as a teammate.

There's one of "Kobe's" rings for you. Looks like a lot of carrying going on by Shaq. I'm posting games where I feel Shaq carried Kobe. Stan boy can feel free to post all of the games that Pippen supposedly carried Jordan. I will be covering all of Kobe's choke jobs and games that Shaq carried him, feel free to do the same for Jordan.

Alpha Wolf
04-25-2009, 09:42 PM
new troll in town and he thinks he's alpha :roll:

brah you're beta....nah scratch that...you're gamma brah.

step ya game up homie

there's no such thing as "gamma".....the opposite of "Alpha" would be "Zulu"....you dumb bastard!.....Lmao!....

(howls) Aroooooooooooooooo!

bruceblitz
04-25-2009, 09:42 PM
there's no such thing as "gamma".....the opposite of "Alpha" would be "Zulu"....you dumb bastard!.....Lmao!....

(howls) Aroooooooooooooooo!
This guy has some serious serious mental issues.

NBASTATMAN
04-25-2009, 09:46 PM
Doesn't matter what role Jordan played or not. Fact is Jordan was their (Chicago's) main offensive threat and defensive anchor. You can't really say for sure that Jordan wouldn't have given up that 13 point lead, but I would bet my money on Jordan.

On the other side, Kobe is LA's offense and defensive anchor. Just that Kobe does it at a slightly lower level. And the level of talent on the Lakers is insane... Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Bynum... the experience of Fisher and up and comers like Ariza... Kobe should've just straight out said it was his fault instead of throwing his team under a bus. The captain of the team always gets the blame... that's just how it is.

.. I WOULD SAY THEIR DEFENSE IS ANCHORED MORE BY FISHER WHO WHEN HE DEFENDS WELL REALLY MAKES THE LAKER DEFENSE VERY GOOD...

juju151111
04-25-2009, 09:47 PM

good job skipping my post and why would someone envy being able to beat a rape case?:confusedshrug:

DonDadda59
04-25-2009, 10:00 PM
Poor Kobe, the man's had to trudge through seasons with awful teammates since his first day in the NBA, if only prime Scottie Pippen could be reincarnated and play alongside him :cry:

I mean, just look at the rosters he's had to suffer through:

1996-1997
Shaq
Elden Campbell (15 PPG 8 RPG)
Cedric Ceballos
Eddie Jones (all star that season)
Nick Van Exel

BENCH: Kobe 7.6 PPG .417% FG
Finished: 56-26; Lost in Second round to WCF champions Utah

1997-1998
Shaq (all star)
Elden Campbell
Rick Fox
Eddie Jones (all star)
Nick Van Exel (all star)

BENCH: Kobe 15.4 PPG .428% FG (all star)
Finished: 61-21; Lost in WCF to Jazz

And oh, this also:

http://phoenix.fanster.com/files/2009/02/kobeandshaq_580x435.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/gallery/01playoffs/06-15-oneal-mvp.jpg X3

And not getting it done with this:

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/buzzerbeater/Lakers04.jpg

or this:

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Sports/nm_lakers08_080603_ssh.jpg

And a future perrenial all star:

http://www.andrew-bynum.net/pictures/andrew-bynum-0022.jpg

And he'd trade all of that in for Scottie Pippen, as great as he was? Has there ever been another star who benefitted more from teammates than Kobe? If Jordan had the same types of rosters Kobe had from day one when he came into the league, he would've challenged Bill Russells ring count.

bruceblitz
04-25-2009, 10:05 PM
2001 NBA Playoffs

game 3 vs Blazers 9-23fg
(Shaq 9-17fg)

game 1 vs Kings 10-23fg
(Shaq 17-32fg)
game 2 vs Kings 9-19fg
(Shaq 18-26fg)
game 3 vs Kings 10-22fg
(Shaq 8-13fg)

WCF (Best series of Kobe's career up to this point)
game 1 vs Spurs 19-35fg
(Shaq 11-22fg)
game 2 vs Spurs 11-24fg
(Shaq 8-21fg)
game 3 vs Spurs 14-27fg
(Shaq 16-23fg)
game 4 vs Spurs 10-19fg
(Shaq 11-19fg)

2001 NBA Finals
game 1 vs Sixers 7-22fg
(Shaq 17-28fg)
game 2 vs Sixers 11-23fg
(Shaq 12-19fg)
game 3 vs Sixers 13-30fg
(Shaq 11-20fg)
game 4 vs Sixers 6-13fg
(Shaq 13-25fg)
game 5 vs Sixers 7-18fg
(Shaq 10-18fg)

Once again, Shaq leads the Lakers to a championship, covers up Kobe's inconsistent play. This is why we call them "Shaq's rings". Imagine if LeBron had Shaq, the year he played the Spurs in the Finals. LeBron would already have 3 rings at this point.

andgar923
04-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Poor Kobe, the man's had to trudge through seasons with awful teammates since his first day in the NBA, if only prime Scottie Pippen could be reincarnated and play alongside him :cry:

1996-1997
Shaq
Cedric Ceballos
Nick Van Exel

1997-1998
Shaq (all star)
Elden Campbell
Rick Fox
Eddie Jones (all star)
Nick Van Exel (all star)

And oh, this also:

http://pictopia.com/perl/get_image?provider_id=202&size=550x550_mb&ptp_photo_id=88216 X3

or this:

And he'd trade all of that in for Scottie Pippen, as great as he was? Has there ever been another star who benefitted more from teammates than Kobe? If Jordan had the same types of rosters Kobe had from day one when he came into the league, he would've challenged Bill Russells ring count.

But.... but... but....

I actually can't think of anything.

bruceblitz
04-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Read the post below this, I posted it too fast....

bruceblitz
04-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Kobe in the playoffs:
1997 playoffs 21-55fg (38%)
1998 playoffs 31-76fg (40.8%)
1999 playoffs 61-142fg (43%)
2000 playoffs 174-394fg (44%)
2001 playoffs 168-358fg (46.9%)
2002-2004 is about to take a turn for the worse.... coming soon...

vs

Shaq in playoffs:
1997 playoffs 89-173fg (51.4%)
1998 playoffs 158-258fg (61.2%)
1999 playoffs 79-155fg (51.0%)
2000 playoffs 286-505fg (56.6%)
2001 playoffs 191-344fg (55.5%)

Go ahead, post the years that Pippen outscored and had a higher fg% than Jordan. I guess having a great big who plays closer to the basket means nothing though...

Da_Realist
04-25-2009, 10:18 PM

1996-1997
Shaq
Cedric Ceballos
Nick Van Exel

1997-1998
Shaq (all star)
Elden Campbell
Rick Fox
Eddie Jones (all star)
Nick Van Exel (all star)

And oh, this also:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/gallery/01playoffs/06-15-oneal-mvp.jpg X3

or this:

DonDadda speaks the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. :applause:

Fatal9
04-25-2009, 10:18 PM
The trolling in this thread is off the charts...my god :oldlol:

bruceblitz
04-25-2009, 10:19 PM
:violin: :rant :cry: :rant :violin:

juju151111
04-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Who do you speak of.

andgar923
04-25-2009, 10:22 PM
Kobe in the playoffs:
1997 playoffs 21-55fg (38%)
1998 playoffs 31-76fg (40.8%)
1999 playoffs 61-142fg (43%)
2000 playoffs 174-394fg (44%)
2001 playoffs 168-358fg (46.9%)
2002-2004 is about to take a turn for the worse.... coming soon...

vs

Shaq in playoffs:
1997 playoffs 89-173fg (51.4%)
1998 playoffs 158-258fg (61.2%)
1999 playoffs 79-155fg (51.0%)
2000 playoffs 286-505fg (56.6%)
2001 playoffs 191-344fg (55.5%)

Go ahead, post the years that Pippen outscored and had a higher fg% than Jordan. I guess having a great big who plays closer to the basket means nothing though...

But Shaq was fat.

DonDadda59
04-25-2009, 10:37 PM
DonDadda speaks the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. :applause:
It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it :cheers:

raptorfan_dr07
04-25-2009, 11:35 PM
LMAO Kobe takes ten less shots in Game 3 and instead gives those ten to Gasol, the Lakers likely are looking to complete their second straight first round sweep. They had a chance to win Game 3 in spite of Kobe.

raptorfan_dr07
04-25-2009, 11:36 PM
Kobe doesn't have anyone who can help share ball handling or create scoring opportunities.

His name's Lamar Odom. Try watching him sometimes. :rolleyes:

branslowski
04-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Kobe was Trash tonight.....:rolleyes:

imdaman99
04-26-2009, 12:01 AM
LOL. Oh my God. What a thread! I love it how everyone makes such a big deal over one loss. Oh wow if he passed the ball to Gasol 10 more times instead of taking 10 stupider shots they would have won. Where are you guys now? Is that crickets I hear? Oh he probably played another horrible game tonight, he only had 1 assist. Kobe is done, he ain't Jordan. He's not even the best player on his team. Yeah folks, mark it down. Tools. Get off Kobe's jock. Although I'm sure you guys won't feel like talking about him much tonight :lol

Alpha Wolf
04-26-2009, 12:08 AM
LOL. Oh my God. What a thread! I love it how everyone makes such a big deal over one loss. Oh wow if he passed the ball to Gasol 10 more times instead of taking 10 stupider shots they would have won. Where are you guys now? Is that crickets I hear? Oh he probably played another horrible game tonight, he only had 1 assist. Kobe is done, he ain't Jordan. He's not even the best player on his team. Yeah folks, mark it down. Tools. Get off Kobe's jock. Although I'm sure you guys won't feel like talking about him much tonight :lol

Kobe has been the best individual player since 2000 ... and he's just getting started be afraid jordan jockers... be very afraid

imdaman99
04-26-2009, 12:09 AM

Kobe has been the best individual player since 2000 ... and he's just getting started be afraid jordan jockers... be very afraid
I'm not as crazy or luny a Kobe fan as you. But I get the feeling its just me and you tonight :lol

No homo.

Abraham Lincoln
04-26-2009, 12:12 AM

Thou shan't continue to pity the fool with such ignoramus. Shaquille O'Neal be none other than the best player in his prime since 2000.

http://www.nba.com/media/history/lakers_shaq_240.jpg

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
04-26-2009, 12:19 AM
:oldlol: I just love these Kobe hate threads. Only player in HISTORY to be loved, at the same time hated by many:applause: :applause: = :bowdown: GREATNESS.......O and the ONLY shooting guard mentioned in the same breathe as his Airness.:rockon: :hammertime:

Abraham Lincoln
04-26-2009, 12:23 AM
This thread be not about the loss, but rather the demonstrative measure of the insults towards fellow teammates as well as prior legends of the association.

andgar923
04-26-2009, 12:25 AM

One of

Tmac for a stretch was better
So was Iverson.

And I'll take this season's Wade>>>>> all but the 06 Kobe.

And even then that's a close call. Since Wade is more efficient and better all around.

Wade is more dangerous off the dribble, even off the curl, about the same in the post, and has been equal from the 3pt line after the all star game.