PDA

View Full Version : April 30: Magic at 76ers, Game 6

insidehoops
04-30-2009, 03:08 PM
Orlando at Philadelphia, 7:30 ET -- The AP reports: Dwight Howard was suspended one game by the NBA on Wednesday for his elbow on Sixers center Samuel Dalembert in Orlando

All Net
04-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Can't help but feel not having Dwight and Lee will mean this series goes to game 7.

Posterize246
04-30-2009, 03:57 PM
If it goes to a game 7, Lee won't play.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4117104

Posterize246
04-30-2009, 04:05 PM
ESPN says JJ Redick is likely to start for Lee instead of Pietrus. Anybody from Orlando heard anything on a starter?

Posterize246
04-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Nevermind. Bring on Redick!!!

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2009/04/jj-redick-marcin-gortat-to-start-game-6-tonight-.html

J.J. Redick will make the biggest start of his Magic career tonight --- his first playoff start in Game 6 against the Philadelphia 76ers at Wachovia Center.

Redick replaces injured Courtney Lee, who was scheduled to have surgery Thursday.

Marcin Gortat also will make his first career playoff start, replacing center Dwight Howard, who is serving a one-game suspension.

"I want to go have fun -- that's what Otis (General Manager Otis Smith) said to me. Otis knows I put a lot of pressure on myself. I have high expectiations for myself," Redick said. "So he just gave me a friendly reminder this morning to have fun.

"I just have to be in the right spots defensively and make the shots when they are there."

Redick, one of the best shooters in the history of college basketball, has been unable to find his jump-shot much of the season. He has played only 42 minutes in five playoff games against the Sixers, going just 2-of-9.

He shot just 39 percent this season in 64 games.

"It's very exciting. I'm actually kind of glad it's happening on the road, too," Redick said. "It's going to be a great atmosphere. It's going to be very difficult to get a win here."

Take Your Lumps
04-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Wow...if Philly doesn't take this one....

Orlando is missing two all-stars, their 2nd best player in the series, and have Hedo/Shard coming off injuries.

I hope Redick goes for 50. :lol

visirale
04-30-2009, 04:45 PM
Redick, I'll take back all the awful things I've said about you if you have a big night.

I'm hoping Reshard and Hedo step it up tonight and shock Philly.

If we lose, we can always blame it on Dwight and Courtney... but if we win, what will the Philly excuse be?

I am completely undecided on how this game will turn out... too many x factors.

ChrisKreager
04-30-2009, 06:50 PM
What a shame that an elbow on some scrub is the series-changer.

I just hope Orlando wins- IMO, Howard should not have been suspended, since the NBA is probably rooting for the big-market 76ers.

Screw Philly- they're lucky to even have a chance in this series. They are the luckiest team in the playoffs.

Philly winning this series would be bad for the NBA, IMO.

Styles p
04-30-2009, 07:00 PM
big-market sixers? :confusedshrug:

Posterize246
04-30-2009, 07:14 PM
I just hope Orlando wins- IMO, Howard should not have been suspended,
uhh..why?

Posterize246
04-30-2009, 07:46 PM
lol Van Gundy pissed already :oldlol:

im expecting another T for him to get the boot tonight

Posterize246
04-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Sammy's givin 2 offensive rebounds up to Gortat already, both resulting in threes

visirale
04-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Oh what's that? An early lead for the Magic? Choking by the 76ers? It's going to be a good night.

sixerfan82
04-30-2009, 07:56 PM
Oh what's that? An early lead for the Magic? Choking by the 76ers? It's going to be a good night.

Those who live by the jumpshot, die by the jumpshot my friend...

visirale
04-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Those who live by the jumpshot, die by the jumpshot my friend...
Or live REALLY well by it.

sixerfan82
04-30-2009, 08:00 PM
Or live REALLY well by it.

FYI, your orlando magic were supposed to win this in 4-5 ;)

GOBB
04-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Iggy with a nice strip and Thad finishing the break.

Posterize246
04-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Iguodala's had some nice defensive plays but he's gotta realize he can get to the basket without having one of those Space Jam monsters guarding the rim

GOBB
04-30-2009, 08:07 PM
What a shame that an elbow on some scrub is the series-changer.

I just hope Orlando wins- IMO, Howard should not have been suspended, since the NBA is probably rooting for the big-market 76ers.

Screw Philly- they're lucky to even have a chance in this series. They are the luckiest team in the playoffs.

Philly winning this series would be bad for the NBA, IMO.

Dumb post. :applause:

Posterize246
04-30-2009, 08:09 PM
oh **** louuuuu

Lou the first to realize Dwight's not playin

josh99
04-30-2009, 08:11 PM
How are we winning??

sixerfan82
04-30-2009, 08:12 PM
How are we winning??

Someone forgot to tell the Sixers that Dwight isn't in the middle I think

Posterize246
04-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Speights da boss has entered the game

GOBB
04-30-2009, 08:15 PM
How are we winning??

Easy shooting close to 60% where they are 4-6 from downtown

Posterize246
04-30-2009, 08:17 PM
My least favorite turnover to have: Stepping out of bounds.

Lou is back from his 1 game "absence".

All Net
04-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Can't believe this one, Sixers really have laid an egg tonight. Overconfident knowing Dwight is out?

ChrisKreager
04-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Can't believe this one, Sixers really have laid an egg tonight. Overconfident knowing Dwight is out?

I think it comes from their inability to put a string of consecutive baskets/a good run.

This is not a team that has lit up the scoreboard in the playoffs like Chicago or Denver.

sixerfan3511
04-30-2009, 08:45 PM
what a pathetic display. Losing to the Magic by 14 without Howard and Lee. Wake the f*ck up. Drive the ball, quit taking jumpers. It's an embarrassment being a Sixers fan at this particular moment. It looks like they just don't care.

sixerfan82
04-30-2009, 08:55 PM
This is definitely a disappointed to Sixer fans everywhere. I take this as a sign of them saying "we don't want to win a championship"

3 starters for their opponents are not on the court and what do they do? They shoot jumpers and play WITHOUT any sense of urgency or fire

It's lame, it's sad, and it's uncompetitive. I endorse DiLeo and Stefansky to throw players under the bus because this is simply pathetic!

dnyk1337
04-30-2009, 08:58 PM
LMAO at that Ahmad footage with the sixers...

Posterize246
04-30-2009, 09:06 PM
I thought we could lose because of Hedo sure, probably Shard. But mother ****in Rafer Alston?

GOBB
04-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Its not disappointing to me. I predicted Orlando beats Philly in 5 (4-1). While how the series played out didnt go as i expected. Which is where Sixers get some credit because i thought they would get run off the floor. Didnt expect the perimeter defense to clamp, and lockdown Shard and Turk. But this loss or showing doesnt shock me one bit.

Now my opinion on Orlando hasnt changed. So much better with Jameer than Rafer. And Shard needs to earn his contract or give some of it back to 3rd world countries.

sixerfan3511
04-30-2009, 09:09 PM
We are getting beat by Rafer Alston, w t f. im about to turn this $hit off

GOBB
04-30-2009, 09:09 PM
I like how Rafer is taunting a lil bit after scoring. Someone knock him on his ass.

Posterize246
04-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Someone knock him on his ass.
Reggie hasn't played 1 minute.

sixerfan3511
04-30-2009, 09:11 PM
and J J F*CKING REDDICK, WHAT A JOKE

GOBB
04-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Seriously where did Lou Williams go? Just got paid and left Philly. Who is this imposter whom he left behind?

GOBB
04-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Sammy cant outrebound or defend GorCROTCH?

8pts 3fls $10mil worth it.

sixerfan82
04-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Its not disappointing to me.

You're not the least disappointed in the fact that your team(on what could be it's last home game of the season) has come out with little to no fire or intensity when the other team is missing more than half of it's starters?

Really? If you aren't they you aren't.

Posterize246
04-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Sammy's played an awful game despite what his stats say. Gave up 3 offensive rebounds to Gortat that I can count that all ended up in Orlando points, plus giving up a layup to Gortat after a Sixers made bucket. Disgusting.

GOBB
04-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Last time JJ looked this good was at Duke. lol

GOBB
04-30-2009, 09:18 PM
You're not the least disappointed in the fact that your team(on what could be it's last home game of the season) has come out with little to no fire or intensity when the other team is missing more than half of it's starters?

Really? If you aren't they you aren't.

It may seem like BS to you when i say this but I expected this to happen. Hate to be Debbie Downer or the Sixers "Hotlanta" (if you're familiar with him being a Hawks fan). This isnt surprising. I'm just done trying to make sense out of things that happened this season. Only here its happening all at once.

The fact I've been tempted to watching Bulls vs Celtics should say it all.

I'm more pumped up about Eagles mini camp that features no pads than this. Again it sounds like a load of horse shyt but I'm just not high on this Sixers bunch. Havent been all series even with wins.

Posterize246
04-30-2009, 09:23 PM
I like how Rafer is taunting a lil bit after scoring. Someone knock him on his ass.
After seeing him do the Skip to My Lou **** just now I second this motion.

sixerfan82
04-30-2009, 09:25 PM
It may seem like BS to you when i say this but I expected this to happen. Hate to be Debbie Downer or the Sixers "Hotlanta" (if you're familiar with him being a Hawks fan). This isnt surprising. I'm just done trying to make sense out of things that happened this season. Only here its happening all at once.

The fact I've been tempted to watching Bulls vs Celtics should say it all.

I'm more pumped up about Eagles mini camp that features no pads than this. Again it sounds like a load of horse shyt but I'm just not high on this Sixers bunch. Havent been all series even with wins.

Well, I can't say I didn't expect it either as I was telling people at work that Philly never ever wins a game it HAS to win, but I am disappointed with their effort.

Im so nba'd out
04-30-2009, 09:28 PM
Thaddues young is such a liabilty on defense it aint even funny.Lou williams and thaddeus young are the reason we loss this game.Hot damn iggy you cant do this **** by yourself you and miller are trying your hearts out can they get any help this game?

Posterize246
04-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Everybody's forgot what they do best on offense except A. Miller. Iggy just took a jumper when he had Gortat on him, Lou doesn't wanna drive, Thad Young fell in love with the jumper, Sammy......well Sammy's being Sammy. I've seen Marshall in there for a while now without taking one jumper.

GOBB
04-30-2009, 09:34 PM
After seeing him do the Skip to My Lou **** just now I second this motion.

Exactly. Send in the goon John Chaney style. Screw that. This Philly. You dont let this city pulling circus acts. Sorry. The goon please

Posterize246
04-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Thaddues young is such a liabilty on defense it aint even funny.Lou williams and thaddeus young are the reason we loss this game.Hot damn iggy you cant do this **** by yourself you and miller are trying your hearts out can they get any help this game?
Get Iguodala's nuts out your mouth. He's played as bad as anybody. And Sixers were down big before Lou even touched the floor. No blaming Dalembert for giving up so many offensive rebounds to Gortat? How about the layup he gave Gortat off of a made Sixers bucket? How about Alston lighting up Miller? DiLeo not letting Reggie Evans touch the floor when we're getting burned on the boards? Iguodala just gives a weak foul to Pietrus on an and1 bucket as I write this now.

Yeah, Iguodala played great. Lou/Thad is why we lost. Right.:rolleyes:

greymatter
04-30-2009, 09:41 PM
My my how the tone changes around here. Just yesterday everyone here was creaming their wad over Orlando missing 2 starters. Now it's come down to "knock Alston flat on his ass!11!".

Looks like someone forgot to tell Redick that he's bench trash. The law of averages is finally kicking in and today is Orlando's day to rain 3s. No need to be so frustrated. No one expects mediocre teams to take out clearly superior ones.

GOBB
04-30-2009, 09:42 PM
I turned to the Bulls/Celts game to see Philly native John Salmons score and draw a foul.

What happened with the Gortat play Posterize? Saw you make a thread and mention it. I missed it.

GOBB
04-30-2009, 09:45 PM
My my how the tone changes around here. Just yesterday everyone here was creaming their wad over Orlando missing 2 starters. Now it's come down to "knock Alston flat on his ass!11!".

1. Quote the posters post that were creaming thier wad (wtf is that?) over Orl missing 2 starters
2. Especially from it from ME since you referenced my comment about knocking Rafer on his ass

or you can do

3. Admit you entered this fan and talked out your ass while telling us you lurked for a year and decide to post. I love these new posters who come in running thier fingers across the keyboards. Where were you all season? :confusedshrug: Ok, i hear it. I hear it. Whats that? The predictable response that YOU HAD A LIFE which is why you werent here.

I swear idiots come into threads making up things just so they can fbe noticed. You really dont even have too. Thats the funny thing. Ah well.

sixerfan82
04-30-2009, 09:45 PM

Looks like someone forgot to tell Redick that he's bench trash. The law of averages is finally kicking in and today is Orlando's day to rain 3s. No need to be so frustrated. No one expects mediocre teams to take out clearly superior ones.

LOL you know you're playin cleveland soon right?

Posterize246
04-30-2009, 09:47 PM
I turned to the Bulls/Celts game to see Philly native John Salmons score and draw a foul.

What happened with the Gortat play Posterize? Saw you make a thread and mention it. I missed it.
Andre Miller drove baseline. Gortat flopped under the basket and Andre was charged for an offensive foul. Just get pissed when a guy that big can "take a hit" and the refs buy it. No way a guy that sized gets knocked over by a PG.

I'm 5'10" 175. Nobody 5'6" 160 or smaller can just bull me over. So it's hard to see a referee buying 6'10" 250 guys getting run over by 6'2" 200 guys.

Im so nba'd out
04-30-2009, 09:49 PM
Rashard lewis just murdered thaddues young the past couple games.

visirale
04-30-2009, 09:50 PM
You know Cleveland is 1-2 against us?

ECF HERE WE COME!

Take Your Lumps
04-30-2009, 09:53 PM
I know it's Nawlins' thing, but can a brotha get a

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DuMa
04-30-2009, 09:54 PM
shard has finally woken up

Im so nba'd out
04-30-2009, 09:55 PM
Get Iguodala's nuts out your mouth. He's played as bad as anybody. And Sixers were down big before Lou even touched the floor. No blaming Dalembert for giving up so many offensive rebounds to Gortat? How about the layup he gave Gortat off of a made Sixers bucket? How about Alston lighting up Miller? DiLeo not letting Reggie Evans touch the floor when we're getting burned on the boards? Iguodala just gives a weak foul to Pietrus on an and1 bucket as I write this now.

Yeah, Iguodala played great. Lou/Thad is why we lost. Right.:rolleyes:
Let me pick apart everything u just said .1 they were not down big before lou came in the game 2. its not Dalembert's fault that Gortat is getting rebounds when he is a aggresive shot blocker and no one is coming to help him.3.WILLIE GREEN AND LOU WILLIAMS HAVE BEEN GUARDING RAFER ALSTON 90% OF THE TIME THIS WHOLE SERIES GENIUS.4.Reggie Evans is a under sized hustle player who gives you no offense which is what they need since the sixers have been down by so much.

Im so nba'd out
04-30-2009, 09:57 PM
I think they finally figured out that rashard lewis can take T.young off the dribble,Pull up over him,or Post him anything he wants lol.

Take Your Lumps
04-30-2009, 09:57 PM

I'm most impressed with how he went about it.

Damn near 30 points without a 3-pt FG made.

Most cerebral game I've seen him play all year.

Posterize246
04-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Let me pick apart everything u just said .1 they were not down big before lou came in the game 2. its not Dalembert's fault that Gortat is getting rebounds when he is a aggresive shot blocker and no one is coming to help him you.3.WILLIE GREEN AND LOU WILLIAMS HAVE BEEN GUARDING RAFER ALSTON 90% OF THE TIME THIS WHOLE SERIES GENIUS.4.Reggie Evans is a under sized hustle player who gives you no offense which is what they need since the sixers have been down by so much.
They were down 10+ points before Lou came in. Did you just say it's not Dalembert's fault? He's not getting rebounds off of drives that Dalembert has contested, he's getting them off of jumpers dumbass. You must have missed the attempted 3 point shot by the Magic where Dalembert had his back to the rim? Maybe the 2 missed Magic jumpers in the first quarter that Gortat rebounded and kicked back out to Redick for open 3s? Willie Green has been on Redick. Andre/Lou have been on Rafer. And you didn't say anything about how Iguodala has played well and he's been "doing it all by himself". The whole team played like scrubs, you can't defend any of them.

visirale
04-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Redick, I'll take back all the awful things I've said about you if you have a big night.

I'm hoping Reshard and Hedo step it up tonight and shock Philly.

If we lose, we can always blame it on Dwight and Courtney... but if we win, what will the Philly excuse be?

I am completely undecided on how this game will turn out... too many x factors.
What did I say? OOPS PHILLY SORRY FOR THE LOSS!

Posterize246
04-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Congrats to Orlando, guys stepped up when they needed to. Especially Rafer. Good luck against Chicago/Boston, I expect you to beat either one. I'm out.

greymatter
04-30-2009, 10:04 PM
1. Quote the posters post that were creaming thier wad (wtf is that?) over Orl missing 2 starters
2. Especially from it from ME since you referenced my comment about knocking Rafer on his ass

You have a problem reading? Other Philly fans here have echoed your sentiment. Do they have to explicitly say, "knock him on his ass" in order to to voice it?

or you can do

3. Admit you entered this fan and talked out your ass while telling us you lurked for a year and decide to post. I love these new posters who come in running thier fingers across the keyboards. Where were you all season? :confusedshrug: Ok, i hear it. I hear it. Whats that? The predictable response that YOU HAD A LIFE which is why you werent here.

Why the fock would I bother telling you bozos I've lurked for a year? I seriously don't give a sh!t enough about you guys to bother highlighting something like that. You like making sh!t up? It's not the first time I've run into retards claiming that I've said something that I didn't, but usually it's a misinterpretation. This case falls into the "pulling random sh!t outta my ass". Why the hell would I even care enough to post throughout the season?

I post whenever I feel like it. I don't feel some overwhelming urge to toss in my 2 cents every 2 minutes like some losers around here with 28k+ posts.

I swear idiots come into threads making up things just so they can fbe noticed. You really dont even have too. Thats the funny thing. Ah well.

What's funny is that you made this all out to be some sort of call for attention. I could seriously give fock all about it. My reasons for coming to this thread is simply to rub it in on the bustas who were celebrating misfortune on one hand, then whining and calling for in-game thuggery when their team started getting its collective ass handed to them.

Take Your Lumps
04-30-2009, 10:07 PM
Congrats to Orlando, guys stepped up when they needed to. Especially Rafer. Good luck against Miami/Atlanta, I expect you to beat either one. I'm out.

ORL plays winner of CHI/BOS

greymatter
04-30-2009, 10:08 PM

Well, no need to count chickens too soon. The winner between Chicago/Boston comes next.

Posterize246
04-30-2009, 10:09 PM
ORL plays winner of CHI/BOS
that's what I meant. ****ed up. just like my team. peace.

HylianNightmare
04-30-2009, 10:10 PM
game's over but wtf happened with dalembert and hedo

Im so nba'd out
04-30-2009, 10:11 PM
They were down 10+ points before Lou came in. Did you just say it's not Dalembert's fault? He's not getting rebounds off of drives that Dalembert has contested, he's getting them off of jumpers dumbass. You must have missed the attempted 3 point shot by the Magic where Dalembert had his back to the rim? Maybe the 2 missed Magic jumpers in the first quarter that Gortat rebounded and kicked back out to Redick for open 3s? Willie Green has been on Redick. Andre/Lou have been on Rafer. And you didn't say anything about how Iguodala has played well and he's been "doing it all by himself". The whole team played like scrubs, you can't defend any of them.
ok now i know your a dickhead since i seen willie green guarding rafer 94 feet 90% :wtf: of the time.I have no other reason to even respond to you now since everything you say is wrong and i dont have the time to correct every stupid statement you make.......

bisk
04-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Howard got exposed.
Marcin > Dwight :lol

Take Your Lumps
04-30-2009, 10:13 PM

I think he caught Turk with an elbow DHoward-style -- hedo started chatting away, got thrown out and was mouthing something about meeting Sammy outside after the game. :roll:

HylianNightmare
04-30-2009, 11:24 PM
I think he caught Turk with an elbow DHoward-style -- hedo started chatting away, got thrown out and was mouthing something about meeting Sammy outside after the game. :roll:

ha 2 skinny goofy lookin big guys that'd be fun

mmsupra
04-30-2009, 11:50 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana:

moe0303
04-30-2009, 11:58 PM
Yeah, Dalembert whacked him in the head with an elbow. Then Hedo went after him and basically chest bumped him while Dalembert tried to hug him (I think). They got double technicals, but it was Hedo's 2nd that's why he got ejected. The game was pretty much over tho.

Power_Ballin
05-01-2009, 12:29 AM
LOL. Told ya'll clowns Magic would win. I'm just glad that I no longer have to listen and read posts from some of these crazy ass 76ers zealots! Amen!

Tainted Sword
05-01-2009, 12:37 AM
How the f*ck did the Sixers lose this game by nearly 20 points? Damn, that entire team deserves to be traded for that. No Dwight, no Nelson, no Lee, and they still get their asses whopped like the Cav game a few weeks back. I feel sorry for the Philly faithful, they deserve better

Huey Freeman
05-01-2009, 01:03 AM
[QUOTE=Tainted Sword]How the f*ck did the Sixers lose this game by nearly 20 points? Damn, that entire team deserves to be traded for that. No Dwight, no Nelson, no Lee, and they still get their asses whopped like the Cav game a few weeks back. I feel sorry for the Philly faithful, they deserve better

WubbyNuts
05-01-2009, 01:16 AM
I'm not surprised that Orlando has won the series, but I'm surprised they were able to maintain a double digit lead (the largest was 25) throughout the whole game. Given that Magic were short handed with Dwight Howard and Courtney Lee out, I thought the Sixers were going to have an easier time against them. I guess I was wrong.

Can anyone shed light on this (admittedly, I didn't watch the whole game)?

Power_Ballin
05-01-2009, 01:30 AM
I'm not surprised that Orlando has won the series, but I'm surprised they were able to maintain a double digit lead (the largest was 25) throughout the whole game. Given that Magic were short handed with Dwight Howard and Courtney Lee out, I thought the Sixers were going to have an easier time against them. I guess I was wrong.

Can anyone shed light on this (admittedly, I didn't watch the whole game)?

Philly was just not as good. Uncharacteristically hot 3pt shooting kept them in them squeaking by in the series for a little bit, but their true team was bound to show up eventually. Games 4-6 was the Philly team we've been seeing all year. Games 1-3 was not, it was a fluke, it couldn't last. I predicted they would lose in 5 or 6, and given some luck, they did. But they are not on the same level as Orlando.

Their fans wanted to be all cocky n **** after Philly won game 1 & 3, calling out me and other Magic fans.... Lol @ those cocky muther suckers now. Philly pulls this same tired stunt every year... Boy it must really suck to be a sixers fan. So long.

:violin:

Goku
05-01-2009, 04:02 AM
Philly was just not as good. Uncharacteristically hot 3pt shooting kept them in them squeaking by in the series for a little bit, but their true team was bound to show up eventually. Games 4-6 was the Philly team we've been seeing all year. Games 1-3 was not, it was a fluke, it couldn't last. I predicted they would lose in 5 or 6, and given some luck, they did. But they are not on the same level as Orlando.

Their fans wanted to be all cocky n **** after Philly won game 1 & 3, calling out me and other Magic fans.... Lol @ those cocky muther suckers now. Philly pulls this same tired stunt every year... Boy it must really suck to be a sixers fan. So long.

:applause:

fiad06
05-01-2009, 04:04 AM
Rashard abused the rook...

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090501/capt.01ee99fb288944eabae5b40a5ead66a0.magic_76ers_ basketball_patm109.jpg

Sriracha
05-01-2009, 06:45 AM

Ouch. Oh yeah and in before being call classless.

Tainted Sword
05-01-2009, 07:14 AM
Maybe if people would stop underestimating the Orlando Magic they wouldn't be so shocked.

On another note...HELL YES what a great game everybody contributed in such a great win.
:hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime:
This is the same Sixers team that almost lost to the Cavs bench. They're just a pathetic team. No heart at all.

Orlando is a talented team, but there's no excuse for being blown out by them when they didn't even have their 2 best players on the floor. Look at the Bulls and what they've been able to do to a Celtics team without KG and that team is better than the Magic team the sixers faced last night.

sixerfan82
05-01-2009, 08:59 AM
This is the same Sixers team that almost lost to the Cavs bench. They're just a pathetic team. No heart at all.

Orlando is a talented team, but there's no excuse for being blown out by them when they didn't even have their 2 best players on the floor. Look at the Bulls and what they've been able to do to a Celtics team without KG and that team is better than the Magic team the sixers faced last night.

Exactly. This game was about winning, it was a must win not even for game 7, but to show up and compete. Philly laid a goose egg out there on the court and every Sixer fan saw it. So this is the lasting image we have and hopefully they THINK about for next season.

I have officially given up on the Sixers until they have some ****ing balls and play with some heart.

GOBB
05-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Orlando Magic has no classy fans here. Gotta love it. And most Sixers fans didnt have the Sixers winning the series. But if you read the moronic, "i only come out when the going is good" Magic fans? You'd think Sixers fans had them winning this series. Gotta love it. The best part is they go back into hiding. Even better? When Orlando is eliminated they wont log in anymore.

You have a problem reading? Other Philly fans here have echoed your sentiment. Do they have to explicitly say, "knock him on his ass" in order to to voice it?

Like who Posterize? Thats it. Show me where he was "creaming his wad". I mean who even says that crap? You probably laugh uncontrollably at passing gas, breaking wind, cutting the cheese. See you're already laughing at these remarks.

I love when posters who rarely ever post here decide to log in and post nonsense. Everything you posted holds no weight because it was exagerrated on your part. But thats what kids do. Live in the moment and exagerrate.

Meticode
05-01-2009, 09:53 AM
Rashard abused the rook...

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090501/capt.01ee99fb288944eabae5b40a5ead66a0.magic_76ers_ basketball_patm109.jpg

Isn't that Young? He's not a rookie.

Meticode
05-01-2009, 09:54 AM
How do Sixers fans feel about losing this game in Philly with starters Dwight Howard and Courtney Lee not playing? Also they are arguably the two best defensive players on the starting squad.

MarloStanfield
05-01-2009, 09:57 AM
How do Sixers fans feel about losing this game in Philly with starters Dwight Howard and Courtney Lee not playing? Also they are arguably the two best defensive players on the starting squad.
elated

GOBB
05-01-2009, 10:04 AM

I was too busy watching Celtics vs Bulls to care. I turned down going to games this series. I'm more interested in just seeing rookies talk to media for the Eagles first minicamp where no pads are involved. I cant wait ro the Phillies vs MUTTS series. Hatton vs Pac man hurry up, and I hope Bulls vs Celtics Game 7 is a good one. Oh wait we are talkin about how i feel about the loss last night.

Meticode
05-01-2009, 10:05 AM
I was too busy watching Celtics vs Bulls to care. I turned down going to games this series. I'm more interested in just seeing rookies talk to media for the Eagles first minicamp where no pads are involved. I cant wait ro the Phillies vs MUTTS series. Hatton vs Pac man hurry up, and I hope Bulls vs Celtics Game 7 is a good one. Oh wait we are talkin about how i feel about the loss last night.

No I am, you're talking about some bullshit

Automajic23
05-01-2009, 10:06 AM

pretty surprised. but when I realized that JJ redick was starting in replace of courtney lee and gortat for dwight, I actually didn't see much a loss at all for the magic. They still get a big man down low to get boards and cover the paint, and another 3 pt shooter. 3 pt shooting is the bulk of the Magics offense and I don't think having JJ Redick start hurt it one bit.

Now I'm disappointed because the sixers are one of those teams that aren't great, but good enough to not get a nice draft pick anytime soon. and they're stuck with 2 80mil contracts, one being the disappointing elton brand deal.

And for all the Magic Bandwagon riders, you act like you're going to make it to the ECF anyway. Even if you do, you act like you're going to take the Cavs to 5-6 games? :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Meticode
05-01-2009, 10:06 AM
elated

I asked how you felt about them losing the game, not how you feel when you smoke a blunt.

HylianNightmare
05-01-2009, 10:12 AM
pretty surprised. but when I realized that JJ redick was starting in replace of courtney lee and gortat for dwight, I actually didn't see much a loss at all for the magic. They still get a big man down low to get boards and cover the paint, and another 3 pt shooter. 3 pt shooting is the bulk of the Magics offense and I don't think having JJ Redick start hurt it one bit.

Now I'm disappointed because the sixers are one of those teams that aren't great, but good enough to not get a nice draft pick anytime soon. and they're stuck with 2 80mil contracts, one being the disappointing elton brand deal.

And for all the Magic Bandwagon riders, you act like you're going to make it to the ECF anyway. Even if you do, you act like you're going to take the Cavs to 5-6 games? :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

have you seen us play Cleveland?

undertaker21
05-01-2009, 10:15 AM

A fan who feels defeated always manages to throw the "i don't care", "i was paying more attention to ____________" or "I wasn't expecting us to win anyways." :oldlol: oldest trick in the book.

Meticode
05-01-2009, 10:17 AM
have you seen us play Cleveland?

What's your point? Orlando was 3-0 against the Sixers this season and then had issues with them in the playoffs. :confusedshrug:

GOBB
05-01-2009, 10:24 AM
A fan who feels defeated always manages to throw the "i don't care", "i was paying more attention to ____________" or "I wasn't expecting us to win anyways." :oldlol: oldest trick in the book.

When people predicted Sixers win 50gms and a #3 seed in East? GOBB was the one who laughed and said last seasons team was really a 33 win team at best. GOBB was the one who said Sixers wouldnt come close to 50 wins and wouldnt be a 3 seed.

When the Orlando series was set with Philly? GOBB was the one who said Orlando in 5, with Sixers stealing a game. And i used stealing to imply getting one of those wins where Orlando takes a night off or things just go all wrong.

If you dont believe me I can search and bump threads with my predictions and outlook on this team. If you dont believe me you can ask SIXERS FANS present on this board and even in this thread.

You are wrong. But instead of admitting it you'll spin it. Being wrong is like takin Robitussin. Just wont go down easily. I love the feeling of being right and another poster wrong. Then watching them sit there trying to find a moral victory out of the situation. :oldlol:

I'm pretty sure if posters could give you advice on this interaction right now? They would just say "Talk about his post count. Its about all you can do. Oh and call him a loser. Yea that works.".

Huey Freeman
05-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Orlando Magic has no classy fans here. Gotta love it. And most Sixers fans didnt have the Sixers winning the series. But if you read the moronic, "i only come out when the going is good" Magic fans? You'd think Sixers fans had them winning this series. Gotta love it. The best part is they go back into hiding. Even better? When Orlando is eliminated they wont log in anymore.

Way to generalize a fan base, but then try to defend your fan base that they didn't say anything at all.

And there are Sixers fans on this board who said they'd win. One of which being: Im so nba'd out.

iTruWarrior isn't talking anymore in the 76ers-Magic thread after he created the other one. (I know he's a Rockets fan).

Meticode
05-01-2009, 10:34 AM
When people predicted Sixers win 50gms and a #3 seed in East? GOBB was the one who laughed and said last seasons team was really a 33 win team at best. GOBB was the one who said Sixers wouldnt come close to 50 wins and wouldnt be a 3 seed.

When the Orlando series was set with Philly? GOBB was the one who said Orlando in 5, with Sixers stealing a game. And i used stealing to imply getting one of those wins where Orlando takes a night off or things just go all wrong.

If you dont believe me I can search and bump threads with my predictions and outlook on this team. If you dont believe me you can ask SIXERS FANS present on this board and even in this thread.

You are wrong. But instead of admitting it you'll spin it. Being wrong is like takin Robitussin. Just wont go down easily. I love the feeling of being right and another poster wrong. Then watching them sit there trying to find a moral victory out of the situation. :oldlol:

I'm pretty sure if posters could give you advice on this interaction right now? They would just say "Talk about his post count. Its about all you can do. Oh and call him a loser. Yea that works.".

With all this being said, how did you feel about the Sixers loss to Orlando? What do you think they could have done different within their ability of play?

GOBB
05-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Way to generalize a fan base, but then try to defend your fan base that they didn't say anything at all.

And there are Sixers fans on this board who said they'd win. One of which being: Im so nba'd out.

iTruWarrior isn't talking anymore in the 76ers-Magic thread after he created the other one. (I know he's a Rockets fan).

:roll:

You included ITruWarrior whose agenda was to be a moron. Why? He is a Rockets fan, Yao Ming lover and feels threatened at Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic player) being considered the best center in the NBA. Thats where alot of his nonsense was fueled. You literally struggled to put other Sixers fans on blast. You listed one where Sixers fans have gone against. Awesome job. Real clutch Turk. Go ahead and hold your jsery out showing the Philly fans.

:rolleyes:

GOBB
05-01-2009, 10:39 AM
With all this being said, how did you feel about the Sixers loss to Orlando? What do you think they could have done different within their ability of play?

Shut up already.

Huey Freeman
05-01-2009, 10:46 AM
:roll:

You included ITruWarrior whose agenda was to be a moron. Why? He is a Rockets fan, Yao Ming lover and feels threatened at Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic player) being considered the best center in the NBA. Thats where alot of his nonsense was fueled. You literally struggled to put other Sixers fans on blast. You listed one where Sixers fans have gone against. Awesome job. Real clutch Turk. Go ahead and hold your jsery out showing the Philly fans.

:rolleyes:
All I said is that you generalize a fan base when clearly not all Magic fans are the same (I don't even think I really gloated that much). I'm proud of our team that we were still able to do so well even though we didn't have Dwight. I guess I'm just surprised I could get under your skin so easily.

GOBB
05-01-2009, 10:48 AM
You didnt get under my skin.

Power_Ballin
05-01-2009, 10:49 AM
To be fair, GOBB really was the only realistic sixers fan on here. I can respect him for that. Most of the other sixers zealots just pissed me off to be honest. I see no reason for me to be classy to people on here after how they treated me for simply stating truths. Btw, go Eagles! We got a good team comin in this year.

Huey Freeman
05-01-2009, 10:50 AM
You didnt get under my skin.
So you won't generalize fan bases anymore?

GOBB
05-01-2009, 10:51 AM
To be fair, GOBB really was the only realistic sixers fan on here.

Thats all I wanted to hear. :pimp:

Well, I guess what I previously stated was true then.

You lost me. I think I'll stay lost.

Huey Freeman
05-01-2009, 10:55 AM
You lost me. I think I'll stay lost.
You missed my post. I realized how unclear that was and edited it, but then you respond to everything one second later.

GOBB
05-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Ok. Fair enough.

Diesel J
05-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Sixers got owned by two Magic bench players:roll:

Automajic23
05-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Sixers got owned by two Magic bench players:roll:

It sounds funny at first but think about it, 2 magic players came off the bench to fit the roles perfectly. The Magics main offense is 3pters, JJ Redick is a good shooter coming off the bench to fill yet another 3pt threat role, and Gortat takes the role of getting o bounds and putting them back in, just like Dwight. Now Gortat does not do as good a job as Dwight on both ends of the floor, but it's not like he hurt the chemistry much. Also IMO I think JJ is a better shooter than Courtney Lee, maybe not a better defender. But that doesn't matter because it's not like Willie Green is much to guard anyway.

My prediction was that the sixers would probably win given the Magic live and died by the 3. Obv the Magic lived by the 3. I never said anything about the Sixers having a squad that was even close talent wise to the magic. Sixers points was majorly off pure hustle imo.

And just because Magic took cavs 2-1 in season means real little about the playoffs. I will give you a "GAURAN-SHEED" that Cavs will give up 1 game at the most. You can jack up 3s all you want regular season, real defensive intensity comes out post season and you wont be seeing many open 3s.

Huey Freeman
05-01-2009, 01:44 PM
And just because Magic took cavs 2-1 in season means real little about the playoffs. I will give you a "GAURAN-SHEED" that Cavs will give up 1 game at the most. You can jack up 3s all you want regular season, real defensive intensity comes out post season and you wont be seeing many open 3s.
I think the bigger question is will Ilgauskas be able to handle Dwight in the middle.

(If the Magic and Cavs play each other in the ECF).

Automajic23
05-01-2009, 01:57 PM
I think the bigger question is will Ilgauskas be able to handle Dwight in the middle.

(If the Magic and Cavs play each other in the ECF).

If the matchup happens, there's nothing to fear from Dwight. He has 1 post move (left baby hook). His points are off of rebounds mostly.

IF: Dwight gets limited Offensive rebounds, he will be limited to scoring.
Dwight will at best be a 20-13 guy for the series, but it's not Dwight that wins the games. Orlandos shooters make a much bigger impact, and against a serious and very hungry Cavs squad they would struggle.

I don't know why everyone thinks the Magic are all about Dwight, especially on offense. Dwight is the defensive stopper that protects the paint, not much more. The Magics offense revolves around Turkoglu and Lewis IMO, and they will be the difference makers if the Magic want to have a chance

Huey Freeman
05-01-2009, 02:10 PM
I don't know why everyone thinks the Magic are all about Dwight, especially on offense. Dwight is the defensive stopper that protects the paint, not much more. The Magics offense revolves around Turkoglu and Lewis IMO, and they will be the difference makers if the Magic want to have a chance
The Magic offense runs through Dwight first. Dwight averages more PPG in the regular season and so far in the post season as well.

Matt Guokas even says the same thing. The offense runs through Dwight first. It's why Rashard averages about 18-20 ppg instead of the 29 points he got last game. Everybody has a role on our team, but if they (Rafer Alston, Rashard Lewis for example last night) need to score because Howard is out then they will put the numbers up.

Sriracha
05-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Magic should be scared of the Cavs. But they should also be scared of either Chicago or Cavs. Magic looks weak.

Huey Freeman
05-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Magic should be scared of the Cavs. But they should also be scared of either Chicago or Cavs. Magic looks weak.
So we shouldn't be scared of the Celtics or Lakers?

I'm obviously being sarcastic.