PDA

View Full Version : What's your reason for wanting the Lakers to lose?

KenneBell
05-04-2009, 12:02 AM
As I go through and lurk on other team-specific forums, it seems that an overwhelming amount of people want the Lakers to lose. If their team doesn't do it, they hope someone else will. I mean, I can understand hating the team on top but I don't see nearly a much hate for the Cavs as I do for the Lakers.

Why? Let's see em.

OneMoreSucka
05-04-2009, 12:04 AM
Because it's the Lakers and nobody likes California :confusedshrug:

JEFFERSON MONEY
05-04-2009, 12:05 AM
They've gotten their cot dam titles from 00'-'03 and they deserve to be put in the shadows once again by the Cavs, after they were exposed for the puccies they were against the Celtics.

It's only natural NBA equilibrium.

Not to mention one of the greatest joys in life is to hear their cockmeat-sammich consuming fanbase cry in tears (except for picc, gts, and lamar doom, they r cool)

D-nugz
05-04-2009, 12:06 AM
They've gotten their cot dam titles from 00'-'03 and they deserve to be put in the shadows once again by the Cavs, after they were exposed for the puccies they were against the Celtics.

It's only natural NBA equilibrium.

Only reason is because of the annoying kobe fans. Damn they're annoying.

branslowski
05-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Because Im A Kobe Hater!!!.....:banana:

and I think I speak for about 50% of the population who will comment on this thread...

w00terz
05-04-2009, 12:07 AM
Because I'm tired of hearing about them and seeing them. Living here in Southern California is hell. If the Lakers aren't in the Finals, people don't even talk about them. Talk about a spoiled fanbase.

I want the Lakers to lose so the Nuggets can win a title!

iamgine
05-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Because I root for the underdogs.

crounsa810
05-04-2009, 12:10 AM
I want the Lakers to lose so the Nuggets can win a title!
This.

stephanieg
05-04-2009, 12:11 AM
http://sports.upperdeck.com/ArticleImages/Carlin/KobeinChina1.jpg

DuMa
05-04-2009, 12:13 AM
its fun to see kobe stans and laker homers squeal and whine.

gts
05-04-2009, 12:14 AM
Because I'm tired of hearing about them and seeing them. Living here in Southern California is hell. If the Lakers aren't in the Finals, people don't even talk about them. Talk about a spoiled fanbase.

I want the Lakers to lose so the Nuggets can win a title!lol that's a such a blantant crock of sh*t...
are you that insecure in your views? just say you don't like them, but don't make up stories to justify it... lol
the Lakers are and have been the most talked about sports team in LA since the Rams rolled out of town in the 90's... and were right there neck and neck with them since the 80's....

shaoyut
05-04-2009, 12:16 AM
So Cleveland can win:party:

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-04-2009, 12:17 AM
lol that's a such a blantant crock of sh*t...
are you that insecure in your views? just say you don't like them, but don't make up stories to justify it... lol
the Lakers are and have been the most talked about sports team in LA since the Rams rolled out of town in the 90's... and were right there neck and neck with them since the 80's....

so true.
and since the Lakers have been the dominant franchise over the last 30 years, LA folks just LOVE their team.

everybody loves a winner.

Abraham Lincoln
05-04-2009, 12:21 AM
The savage animals that be known as Kobe Bryant fellators be the main prioritical explanation. The creedence of the wise man shan't succumb to thy challenged individual characters. Alas, thou must understand the positives as well the negatives of such an action. Relating to the Lakers as thy enemy in the Finals shall be devastating to see Kobe Bryant, Phil Jackson, and Lamar Odom lose again, whilst conversely it be delightful to see the animals retreat back to shelter. The wise man must always carefully choose.

KenneBell
05-04-2009, 12:22 AM
Lakers fans you have stay out. I need answers only from the people who like watching them lose. :oldlol:

Al Thornton
05-04-2009, 12:27 AM
lol that's a such a blantant crock of sh*t...

:roll: True but I hate them because of Kobe dick lickers that don't even live in LA, and the bandwagon fans.

zabuza666
05-04-2009, 12:30 AM
I'm gonna be honest. I'd like to see them lose because I hate Kobe Bryant, think he's overrated, and his ****ing idiot homer fans make me want to stab someone. Simple.

gts
05-04-2009, 12:32 AM
:roll: True but I hate them because of Kobe dick lickers that don't even live in LA, and the bandwagon fans.and that's perfectly fine, i hate the KDL's also and if someone wants to hate the lakers because of it's fans great... but don't tell me you don't like them because nobody ever talks about them unless they are in the finals...lol guy must be living under a rock or in iraq

RoseCity07
05-04-2009, 12:34 AM
I don't like Kobe Bryant. I don't want him to win another title so the Kobe fans can have another uprise.

BallersTalk
05-04-2009, 12:35 AM
:roll: True but I hate them because of Kobe dick lickers that don't even live in LA, and the bandwagon fans.
This

Unless, Boston makes the Finals. Then, it's a toss-up for me. Cause I think Boston fans are as obnoxious as Kobe fans.

GiveItToBurrito
05-04-2009, 12:36 AM
I'm rooting for Houston/against LA because...

1. Houston's pretty much the consensus underdog. I don't have a really strong opinion one way or the other about either team, so I do like I always do - root for the team that's supposed to lose. This is also why I rooted for the Cardinals in the NFC playoffs last year (aside from the money I bet that they'd make the super bowl, which might have been my proudest sports-related moment ever).

2. Kobe's kind of arrogant. I don't hate Kobe and I love watching him play, but he seems to always have a chip on his shoulder, so I'd rather see him humbled than just watch his ego and the fan-love for him grow.

3. I liked Houston a lot when Tracy McGrady and Rafer were on the team. Granted, my two favorite Rockets aren't playing any more, but I still kind of like the team.

4. Yao's a good dude, and I'd like to see him go deep in the playoffs.

5. Ron Artest is hilarious, and the more I see him on tv, the better. Kind of a shame that Battier will do a much better job on Kobe, though.

6. Houston's got a lot of underrated forwards that make my inner stat junky happy.

7. Every advertiser and their mother is forcing Lebron vs Kobe down my throat, and I'd like to see a more unconventional NBA Finals than the one Vitamin Water, Nike, and Stern are praying/sacrificing goats to the dark lord Kromdar for.

8. I'm fairly confident that LA would beat Cleveland (Kobe and Lebron neutralize each other, meaning the series comes down to Pau Gasol, Odom, Ariza, Bynum et al destroying Mo Williams and a bunch of role players), while Houston vs Cleveland would be an interesting match up, especially since Artest defends Lebron as well as anyone in the league. At the same time, Houston vs Orlando would be a pretty cool series, and would undoubtedly spawn 100+ "the return of the big man" articles full of cliches and hyperbole that I could then mock with my friends and the dude who cuts my hair.

9. A lot - not all, but a lot - of LA's fans can be kind of crazy with their homerness, and I'd rather not see them brag for the next 11 months.

GiveItToBurrito
05-04-2009, 12:40 AM
This

Unless, Boston makes the Finals. Then, it's a toss-up for me. Cause I think Boston fans are as obnoxious as Kobe fans.

The thing that makes Boston fans tolerable for me is that at least most of them live in Boston (at least as far as I know; I haven't met any in person outside of New England). I don't mind people being obnoxious in defense of their team as long as they live near them. Like, even though the Wizards have a tendency to be mediocre or suck, I became a fan because they're the home team; when I got into pro basketball, I didn't just choose some random team that looked like it was on the rise and/or popular like it seems a lot of Laker fans did.

BallersTalk
05-04-2009, 12:44 AM
Artest is an overrated defender. The Rockets would contain Kobe a lot better if Battier was on him for the majority of the series. I still think the Lakers sweep the Rockets. Phil is the master of adjustments. And the Lakers' strengths are speed, length, and athleticism. Coincidentally, the Rockets are weakest against that type of team.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-04-2009, 12:48 AM
The thing that makes Boston fans tolerable for me is that at least most of them live in Boston (at least as far as I know; I haven't met any in person outside of New England). I don't mind people being obnoxious in defense of their team as long as they live near them. Like, even though the Wizards have a tendency to be mediocre or suck, I became a fan because they're the home team; when I got into pro basketball, I didn't just choose some random team that looked like it was on the rise and/or popular like it seems a lot of Laker fans did.

well both sixer/celtic games i went to this year in philly had an outrageous amount of celtic fans in attendance. the first game felt like more celtic fans were in the building then sixer fans (it was sickening especially since ray ray hit the 3 to end a close game). this certainly was not the case last season. imo celtic fans came out the wood works since the celtics became relevant again.

oh the horror
05-04-2009, 12:48 AM
I want Kobe and the Lakers to lose, in an attempt to give fate a dose of reverse psychology.

Manute for Ever!
05-04-2009, 12:52 AM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/cease1067/paris_hilton_lakers_5_big-1.jpg

Valliant13
05-04-2009, 12:53 AM
Entirely Kobe.

Pau has been one of my favorite players for year. Odom seem like a very cool guy, with a unique game. Fisher is all class. The team plays a great style of basketball, and I have been a fan of Phil Jackson since his Chicago days.

And yet: I honestly believe their best player to be a R.apist and sociopath. I say this not to troll, or start an argument (it's just my opinion based on the facts presented) but I do no want a person that loathsome to experience any kind of success or validation. Some things go beyond sports.

oh the horror
05-04-2009, 12:53 AM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/cease1067/paris_hilton_lakers_5_big-1.jpg

How trendy of her.

ProfessorMurder
05-04-2009, 12:59 AM
... but don't tell me you don't like them because nobody ever talks about them unless they are in the finals...lol guy must be living under a rock or in iraq

He could be living under IRAQ in Saudi Arabia (pun)!

Killbot
05-04-2009, 01:01 AM
2 reasons:

Kobe: R.apist and arrogant. Plus, the annoying homers make me hate him more.
Vujacic: Whiny little b!tch. Love to see him lose.

Geandily
05-04-2009, 01:01 AM
If the Lakers lose, the Nuggets have a great chance at winning the title

tastystaci
05-04-2009, 01:04 AM
* phantom foul against Bill Laimbeer in game 6 of '88 Finals
* entire game 6 of the '02 WCF

BallersTalk
05-04-2009, 01:04 AM
Entirely Kobe.

Pau has been one of my favorite players for year. Odom seem like a very cool guy, with a unique game. Fisher is all class. The team plays a great style of basketball, and I have been a fan of Phil Jackson since his Chicago days.

And yet: I honestly believe their best player to be a R.apist and sociopath. I say this not to troll, or start an argument (it's just my opinion based on the facts presented) but I do no want a person that loathsome to experience any kind of success or validation. Some things go beyond sports.
It's funny because Kobe fans root for him for the exact same reasons. They enjoy watching the a$$hole get his way. I think you be a hardcore Kobe fan, you have to have a certain type of personality or be just a regular casual fan brainwashed by the marketing gurus. Kobe's one of the best marketed players internationally, especially in Asia. That's why most Asians are Kobe fans. That and LA has a gigantic Asian population. Maybe Asians are easily brainwashed? :confusedshrug:

oh the horror
05-04-2009, 01:08 AM
So If I simply enjoy watching Kobe play, im brainwashed?

TryToBeUnbias
05-04-2009, 01:08 AM
It's funny because Kobe fans root for him for the exact same reasons. They enjoy watching the a$$hole get his way. I think you be a hardcore Kobe fan, you have to have a certain type of personality or be just a regular casual fan brainwashed by the marketing gurus. Kobe's one of the best marketed players internationally, especially in Asia. That's why most Asians are Kobe fans. That and LA has a gigantic Asian population. Maybe Asians are easily brainwashed? :confusedshrug:

you have to have a certain personality or be brainwashed to like kobe?? ahh yes the logic :hammerhead:

KenneBell
05-04-2009, 01:10 AM
So If I simply enjoy watching Kobe play, im brainwashed?
Read my post on the 1st page. Gotta keep this to a minimum of Laker fan posts. It tends not to spiral into something else that way.

KAMALA
05-04-2009, 01:16 AM
you have to have a certain personality or be brainwashed to like kobe?? ahh yes the logic :hammerhead:

i dont really see how any regular basketball fan could enjoy watching kobe play.

tho he has streaks where he makes a point of getting other guys involved, he is by nature a selfish player and it is only a matter of time before he reverts back to being a ballhogging chucker. usually that time is an important game. i've seen him shoot or nearly shoot his team out of important games because he wanted to be the hero.

he ran shack out of town because he wanted to be a hero and do it himself. then when his team was getting nowhere and ruining his all-important legacy, he threw bynum under the bus for not being good enough to help kobe get back into the limelight of postseason success.

the guy is a pouter and a selfish egomaniac. he often says the right things in interviews, but deep down he doesnt see Kobe as a Laker, he sees the Lakers as Kobe. That's who he is.

The people that like him are just bandwagon fans, the Lakers are like the Cowboys in that they have the highest percentage of fans who dont know the sport but just want to latch on to a successful team. It's mobthink, since the media is all over Kobe's nuts, and so are tons of fans, people feel safe in following him because they have easy access to talking points and having reasons fed to them that they can use at the water cooler as to why kobe and the lakers are so great. i can pretty much instantly tell who is a real basketball fan by asking a simple question, "who would you rather have, kobe or duncan" and anyone who says kobe is a bandwagon brainwashed amateur. periode.

Hammertime
05-04-2009, 01:17 AM
Mostly because the Kobe nūthuggers on this board will become intolerable. Considering how bad they are now, I can't imagine what would happen if the Lakers won it all. My only hope is that they would be somewhat slowed down by the need to use one hand to mastūrbate to the fulfillment of their biggest fantasy.

ProfessorMurder
05-04-2009, 01:17 AM
I dislike every player on the Lakers... Especially Kobe.

Kobe is a sh*tball. He raped a chick, is convoluted, obsessed with being like Jordan although he won't be, his whole thing with Shaq, he needs to be the center of attention, he's a bad team player, and Phil Jackson constantly makes excuses why Kobe won't be Jordan. I just can't stand Kobe and the constant parade of delusion (and this is the first time I've said it on this site). I want him to lose.

Shaq is the man, and the only Laker player I've ever liked since he left was Turiaf. (because I always root for Gonzaga in the NCAA)

Just to clarify, even when Shaq was on the Lakers I didn't root for them.

oh the horror
05-04-2009, 01:19 AM
Read my post on the 1st page. Gotta keep this to a minimum of Laker fan posts. It tends not to spiral into something else that way.

Nahhh its cool. Everyone is certainly entitled to how they feel about it. I was just wondering if that is how certain people felt, regarding my original question.

StroShow4
05-04-2009, 01:20 AM
If the Lakers win the Championship with Kobe as the main man ISH will explode. I don't want ISH to explode.

Allstar24
05-04-2009, 01:22 AM
If the Lakers win the Championship with Kobe as the main man ISH will explode. I don't want ISH to explode.
I think the outcome will be just as devastating if the Cavs happen to win the championship with LeBron as the main man.

Zak
05-04-2009, 01:23 AM
I only have one reason: I'm a rockets fan.

All Net
05-04-2009, 01:23 AM
I think the outcome will be just as devastating if the Cavs happen to win the championship with LeBron as the main man.

Yep even more so....infact it will be far worse.

New Jazzy Nets
05-04-2009, 01:26 AM
hate the fans, hate phil, hate kobe, hate the team as a whole.

KAMALA
05-04-2009, 01:31 AM

not true. cleveland/lebron fans are nowhere N.E.A.R. as bad as laker/kobe fans. (aside from pleezebelieve). its not even close. any objective person would agree.

All Net
05-04-2009, 01:35 AM
not true. cleveland/lebron fans are nowhere N.E.A.R. as bad as laker/kobe fans. (aside from pleezebelieve). its not even close. any objective person would agree.

Not is is the amount of new fans which is what will make it far worse...there are some great Cavs fans on this board but it will be mad with lebron topics all summer.

TryToBeUnbias
05-04-2009, 01:38 AM

it will be equally as bad.. lakers win it will shut the kobe/laker hater up for a while...especially the kobe haters..but the Kobe homers will riot..and if the cavs take it you might see groupies swiching sides and a Lebron homornisim taken to another level :ohwell:

Jorn444Lakers
05-04-2009, 01:50 AM
Speaking of objectivity... :oldlol: ****ing idiot.

shortlunatic
05-04-2009, 02:35 AM
this is why

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww46/Mr_Peabody/633692904306516960-thelakers.jpg

RoseCity07
05-04-2009, 02:59 AM

lol why? He has lead his team to the finals when they weren't nearly as good as they are now. Lebron really is that good.

Bigsmoke
05-04-2009, 03:12 AM
because i like the Nuggets more

raptorfan_dr07
05-04-2009, 03:36 AM
Honestly, I couldn't care less whether the Lakers win or lose. My team isn't in the playoffs so I have no vested interest in who wins or loses. If they're the last team standing come June(which they have a good chance to be), it will be because they were simply better than everyone else(no conspiracy, favoritism, etc). I actually like the Lakers as a whole and I'd love to see Lamar Odom get a ring. Derek Fisher and Trevor Ariza are two of my favorite players in the league. Luke Walton is an underrated player that brings many positives to a team, contrary to idiot Laker fans who would have you believe otherwise in their attempts to diminish Kobe's teammates. Lamar Odom seems like a really cool guy to hang out with.

What I don't like is people(Laker fans mostly) trying to hype this team up as being some godly, unstoppable juggernaut when they are clearly beatable, and there are teams still alive(Houston being one of them) that can get it done. I don't like how Laker fans continuously drool all over Kobe when they win(even if he did very little or had a sub par game), yet when they lose, Kobe's absolved of any blame(even if he's at fault), and his teammates are bashed to no end. I've seen almost every player on the Lakers not named Kobe blamed for a loss. The only ones I haven't seen blamed are Adam Morrison or Sun Yue since they don't play and I'm surprised they haven't been criticized for not waving the towel right when Kobe made a shot or not giving Kobe a high five when he came to the bench.

miller-time
05-04-2009, 03:37 AM
i don't think most people want the lakers to lose. they just want the kobe homers and the bandwagoners to be upset.

momo
05-04-2009, 03:50 AM
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/ba54321/sgall38.jpg

YAWN
05-04-2009, 04:02 AM
40% hate kobe bryant*
20% hate the lakers and all the success they have had**
20% hate the city and people of los angeles***
20% want their team to win

* more than likely for some stupid reason: 10 years ago people compared him to jordan, he had sex with a girl who later claimed it was rape, a handful of people overrate the guy etc etc.
** lakers probably have a history of beating up on their favorite team
*** they have it stuck in their head that everyone here is snobby, hollywood, the abundance of hot girls etc etc

Al Thornton
05-04-2009, 04:04 AM

GTFO gimmick

El Kabong
05-04-2009, 04:08 AM
It depends on who they play. If they play Cleveland in the Finals, then i'll want the Lakers to win just so I can make fun of my friend who goes for LeBron.

Lamar Doom
05-04-2009, 04:11 AM
this year will be especially sweet because we're actually going to win.

NuggetsFan
05-04-2009, 05:51 AM
Not a big Kobe fan, and I'd rather the Nuggets face Houston.

tmnt mask
05-04-2009, 05:54 AM
The Lakers are America's team.

So if you hate the Lakers then you hate America

Shepseskaf
05-04-2009, 07:18 AM
I don't hate Kobe or any of the Lakers, but the yearly championship predictions based on their talent really irks me. After the beatdown in Game 6 last year, all you could hear is that "LA would definitely win it next year." Its like Laker fans just assume a championship every season.

That's the reason that although I'm a NY native and therefore naturally a Boston hater, I was pullting for the Celtics. It just felt good to see LA get stomped after to many "knowledgeable" analysts gave the Celtics no chance to win.

poido123
05-04-2009, 07:20 AM
i dont really see how any regular basketball fan could enjoy watching kobe play.

tho he has streaks where he makes a point of getting other guys involved, he is by nature a selfish player and it is only a matter of time before he reverts back to being a ballhogging chucker. usually that time is an important game. i've seen him shoot or nearly shoot his team out of important games because he wanted to be the hero.

he ran shack out of town because he wanted to be a hero and do it himself. then when his team was getting nowhere and ruining his all-important legacy, he threw bynum under the bus for not being good enough to help kobe get back into the limelight of postseason success.

the guy is a pouter and a selfish egomaniac. he often says the right things in interviews, but deep down he doesnt see Kobe as a Laker, he sees the Lakers as Kobe. That's who he is.

The people that like him are just bandwagon fans, the Lakers are like the Cowboys in that they have the highest percentage of fans who dont know the sport but just want to latch on to a successful team. It's mobthink, since the media is all over Kobe's nuts, and so are tons of fans, people feel safe in following him because they have easy access to talking points and having reasons fed to them that they can use at the water cooler as to why kobe and the lakers are so great. i can pretty much instantly tell who is a real basketball fan by asking a simple question, "who would you rather have, kobe or duncan" and anyone who says kobe is a bandwagon brainwashed amateur. periode.

Spot on :applause: I don't like the Lakers because Kobe's legacy is fake, he has done well when he has had great teams/players around him, and this pisses me off as a Bulls fan when he gets compared to MJ on the back of how many more championships Kobe will win...So, hopefully if Kobe was to not win another championship, then MJ and Kobe comparisons can be put to rest for good...The question I want to put out to Lakers fans is, if Kobe was to win only 1 or even no championships with the team he has now, how really great is he? Would he go down as just a really good player? :confusedshrug:

Manute for Ever!
05-04-2009, 07:27 AM

With the exception of the first sentence, these are my sentiments exactly :applause:

oh the horror
05-04-2009, 07:38 AM
One thing people need to drop is the over generalizating, and stereotyping of "Laker fans"....not all of us fit the catagories that some of you have created in your minds.

Its obnoxious to read, and it makes you appear to be a spiteful dipsh*t.

Word of advice....its okay to have an opinion, and dislike the Lakers, and dislike Kobe....thats all good...

but dont be the dipsh*t that insults the entire fanbase for very detailed reasoning.

poido123
05-04-2009, 07:50 AM
One thing people need to drop is the over generalizating, and stereotyping of "Laker fans"....not all of us fit the catagories that some of you have created in your minds.

Its obnoxious to read, and it makes you appear to be a spiteful dipsh*t.

Word of advice....its okay to have an opinion, and dislike the Lakers, and dislike Kobe....thats all good...

but dont be the dipsh*t that insults the entire fanbase for very detailed reasoning.

No, I will say that there are good fan amongst Lakers...Would any Laker step up to the plate and admit to the many points made here by Kamala? Or alternatively, if you don't think this is the truth, then explain your reasons...

gpfanz
I don't hate the Lakers.. I just want to see Kobe lose if he keeps up with his me, myself & I attitude :rockon:

Roundball_Rock
My reason is so I can hear another Shaq rap about Kobe. :oldlol:

DukeDelonte13
05-04-2009, 08:02 AM
My reason is so I can hear another Shaq rap about Kobe. :oldlol:

Great reason :oldlol:

I just like to see big market teams fail.

nashisbest
05-04-2009, 08:27 AM
i supported lakers last year cos I can't stand celtics

this year if cavs vs lakers i will root for lebron

basically i support the less cocky team

haha

JohnnySic
05-04-2009, 08:41 AM
As a Celtics fan, I root against the Lakers on sheer principle. That plus the fact that they have an immense bandwagon of phonies (including many celebrities) which makes me want to see them lose.

nashisbest
05-04-2009, 08:51 AM
As a Celtics fan, I root against the Lakers on sheer principle. That plus the fact that they have an immense bandwagon of phonies (including many celebrities) which makes me want to see them lose.

what's wrong with celebs (assuming they live in LA) supporting lakers?

i bet Jack lives in LA

shawbryant
05-04-2009, 08:54 AM
http://sports.upperdeck.com/ArticleImages/Carlin/KobeinChina1.jpg
He has a better looking among the crowd in that pic.haha

100grandman
05-04-2009, 09:16 AM
I want them to lose because I'm anti-Kobe.

greymatter
05-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Probably because most Lakers' fans are about as obnoxious as Yankess fans, especially with regards to Kobe.

JohnnySic
05-04-2009, 09:28 AM
what's wrong with celebs (assuming they live in LA) supporting lakers?

i bet Jack lives in LA
Nothing at all wrong with it if they are true fans like Jack but the fact is many of them are at the games for the wrong reasons; its just more of the phoniness that you get with Hollywood and the west coast mentality.

Mikaiel
05-04-2009, 09:32 AM
1. Because I want the Cavs to win.

2. Because most of their fans are horrible. If it's not your typical Kobe fanboy, it's their "we're so much better than the rest of the league" attitude that really annoys me. I really hope the Rockets or the Cavs give them an ugly series. And when I say ugly, I mean really ugly. A physical and defensive series. Maybe then some of them would understand talent is not what wins ball games.

I can't really blame them though, each time they've won a title it was because their team was so much more talented than the others. Maybe that's what's gonna happen this year, but damn it that's not what basketball should be about.

EllEffEll
05-04-2009, 09:39 AM
No, I will say that there are good fan amongst Lakers...Would any Laker step up to the plate and admit to the many points made here by Kamala? Or alternatively, if you don't think this is the truth, then explain your reasons...

I would love to debate some of his/her points, but honestly I don't want to derail the original intent of the thread which is just to hear all the reasons people have for wanting to see the Lakers lose.

Both fascinating and very telling.

Seems to be that the main reason (now) is that KB is a polarizing figure with many either firmly in the "love" or "hate" camp.

I've been following the Lakers since 1963 so KB is merely another player that is currently on the team. I tend to forget that many posters here have never known (or barely remember) the Lakers to be without KB.

Still, I don't want to try to tell people how they should feel about the Lakers. That's their business and the thread merely asks them why they want them to lose. Carry on.

chains5000
05-04-2009, 09:41 AM
This forum.

Adam
05-04-2009, 09:53 AM
For me, it's definitely the fan base. Over here in England, you get alot of people wearing kobe jerseys and claiming to be Lakers fans even if they've never watched a basketball match in their whole life. Grrrr.

diegot143
05-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Because They Got Gasol For Practically Nothing. The Grizzlies Gave Away Their Best Player For Kwame Brown. I Think There Was Some Under The Table Dealing Going On There For The Lakers To Get Gasol And I Think The Memphis Owner Got Rich. Its Not Fair For Other Teams Who Do Things Fairly. If My Rockets Dont Win Then I Hope The Cavs Win Bc They Have Done Everything Faily And Would Trully Deserve It, But The Lakers Dont Deserve To Win. Cheaters Dont Win.

TruthKGRay3412
05-04-2009, 10:13 AM
If the Celtics dont win the championship,I dont really care who wins it.

MeloMike
05-04-2009, 10:19 AM
So I can watch their fans whine and cry muahahaha

Ok seriously, it's because I don't want Denver to play them if they advance.

lilderrickrose
05-04-2009, 10:24 AM
I don't like Kobe Bryant. I don't want him to win another title so the Kobe fans can have another uprise.

We can end the thread right there. That is the main reason. We see how crazy Kobe Fans are when Kobe is so unaccomplished when compared to Michael Jordan. Just thinks if Kobe actually doesnt something for a change and wins a title. It would be WWIII with the Kobe and MJ Fans. Not to mention the number of threads is Kobe now on MJ's level.

glidedrxlr22
05-04-2009, 11:35 AM
I want them to lose because I dislike Kobe and his smug demeanor and his copycating of Jordan's traits. Also, the fanbase has a sense of entitlement. The Kobe/Laker nutt-huggers take the cake.....they are obnoxious and have no reason. There are some good Laker fans out there and I can appreciate them for being real, but most are douche-bags. Props to bleedinpurple2....old school Lake fan with a sense of history and respect.

DaCommish
05-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Nothing at all wrong with it if they are true fans like Jack but the fact is many of them are at the games for the wrong reasons; its just more of the phoniness that you get with Hollywood and the west coast mentality.

Can't agree more. Everytime the Lakers are on TV (which happens to be just about every home game...you ever notice how the Lakers never play on the road on national TV? Except for the token Lebron showdown and the playoffs, of course) they sweep the crowd and run down a list of the who's who in attendance. Most of those "stars" are just sitting there texting or something, faces devoid of any emotion as though they don't care about the game, only being shown on TV. That there embodies Lakers fans (and therefore the team) for me, selfish frontrunners that feel entitled to success and cry injustice when it is not handed to them. For me, the emotion runs so deep that I find myself ROOTING for the Rockets and Nuggets (I feel they have a better shot at beating LA than Dallas), two teams that I loathe as a Jazz fan.

crisoner
05-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Everybody hates a winner.
All I got to say.

Gunna hate us even more when we win that title for the 15th time. Keep hating.

poido123
05-04-2009, 12:19 PM
I would love to debate some of his/her points, but honestly I don't want to derail the original intent of the thread which is just to hear all the reasons people have for wanting to see the Lakers lose.

Both fascinating and very telling.

Seems to be that the main reason (now) is that KB is a polarizing figure with many either firmly in the "love" or "hate" camp.

I've been following the Lakers since 1963 so KB is merely another player that is currently on the team. I tend to forget that many posters here have never known (or barely remember) the Lakers to be without KB.

Still, I don't want to try to tell people how they should feel about the Lakers. That's their business and the thread merely asks them why they want them to lose. Carry on.

The best response you could of given, repped...I watched from my early childhood, the first games I can remember are of the Bulls taking on the mighty Lakers when the Bulls won the championship in 1991...In all fairness Magic was in his twilight years, but as a Bulls fan, remembering the Lakers of old, this team they have today lacks that spirit and physical intensity of the years past...I could be wrong, but for me, those were the days where reputation didnt get you big contracts, earning it did...Lot has changed over 20 years, even 10 years...

poido123
05-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Everybody hates a winner.
All I got to say.

Gunna hate us even more when we win that title for the 15th time. Keep hating.

Could've been more if Jordan and the Bulls werent around :lol Last time I checked everyone loves a winner? I don't think thats why people have disliked the Lakers and their fans...

dr8ked
05-04-2009, 12:27 PM
The Lakers are America's team.

So if you hate the Lakers then you hate America
http://i40.tinypic.com/16oqiv.gif

crisoner
05-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Could've been more if Jordan and the Bulls werent around :lol Last time I checked everyone loves a winner? I don't think thats why people have disliked the Lakers and their fans...

Thin line between love and hate.

The Lakers have been contending for titles in every era more then any team in the NBA including the Celts. We have not gone on long long dry spells without a team in contention or in the playoffs etc. Because of that the Lakers have developed great rivalries with other fans (exp. Kings. Rockets, Blazers, Celtics, Pistons, Spurs, Knicks, Pacers, etc. etc.) And yes with success you do accumulate lots of fans as well. Some die hard...some fair weather...some bandwagon etc. We also have a long list of great players loved by many hated by few Kobe might be the exception.
But thats the reason why the Lakers are hated. You don't hear a whole lot of people hating the Sac Kings or Milwaukee Bucks etc. Nobody hates on the DC Nationals in baseball. No one hates on the Houston Texans or Detroit Loins in the NFL. Why????? Cause those franchises have never displayed greatness for long periods of time etc.
But of course everyone has there only lil reasons...I hate Kobe...I hate the Lakers fans...blah blah blah. When it comes down to it though...you all hate the Lakers for one reason. BECAUSE THEY ARE WORTH HATING.
And if a team/franchise is worth hating that much they MUST be doing SOMETHING RIGHT.

end thread

EllEffEll
05-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Can't agree more. Everytime the Lakers are on TV (which happens to be just about every home game...you ever notice how the Lakers never play on the road on national TV? Except for the token Lebron showdown and the playoffs, of course) they sweep the crowd and run down a list of the who's who in attendance. Most of those "stars" are just sitting there texting or something, faces devoid of any emotion as though they don't care about the game, only being shown on TV. That there embodies Lakers fans (and therefore the team) for me, selfish frontrunners that feel entitled to success and cry injustice when it is not handed to them. For me, the emotion runs so deep that I find myself ROOTING for the Rockets and Nuggets (I feel they have a better shot at beating LA than Dallas), two teams that I loathe as a Jazz fan.

I went to a playoff game in 2000 (5th and final game of the series against Sacramento). I was sitting fourth row from the floor where the rail for the glass for hockey games was our drink holder.

A friend from work was also going to be at the game and he tells me to call him while I'm there and we'll hook up for a drink or whatever. It's before the game starts and I'm trying to call him on my cell phone and all I'm getting is his voice mail. I'm about to fold up the phone and I look up and the TV camera is in my face and the red light is ON. The guy standing next to the cameraman (cameraman's helper?) sees me about to fold up the phone and motions for me to keep it up like I'm still yakking on the phone. I oblige until the red light goes off. He gives me a thumbs up and bails.

For the next week I have several people tell me "I saw you on TV at the Laker game talking on your cell phone." :rolleyes:

ProfessorMurder
05-04-2009, 12:50 PM

The Lakers have been contending for titles in every era more then any team in the NBA including the Celts. We have not gone on long long dry spells without a team in contention or in the playoffs etc. Because of that the Lakers have developed great rivalries with other fans (exp. Kings. Rockets, Blazers, Celtics, Pistons, Spurs, Knicks, Pacers, etc. etc.) And yes with success you do accumulate lots of fans as well. Some die hard...some fair weather...some bandwagon etc. We also have a long list of great players loved by many hated by few Kobe might be the exception.
But thats the reason why the Lakers are hated. You don't hear a whole lot of people hating the Sac Kings or Milwaukee Bucks etc. Nobody hates on the DC Nationals in baseball. No one hates on the Houston Texans or Detroit Loins in the NFL. Why????? Cause those franchises have never displayed greatness for long periods of time etc.
But of course everyone has there only lil reasons...I hate Kobe...I hate the Lakers fans...blah blah blah. When it comes down to it though...you all hate the Lakers for one reason. BECAUSE THEY ARE WORTH HATING.
And if a team/franchise is worth hating that much they MUST be doing SOMETHING RIGHT.

end thread

I think the Lakers of old are great. They are one of the best sports franchises ever. I mean West, Baylor, Wilt, Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Shaq... All completely awesome players!

But I f*cking hate Kobe so much, that I won't like the Lakers.

I can stand all of the fans even though some are annoying, winning so many titles doesn't bother me, IT'S KOBE!

Plus they have less titles than Boston... Just saying.

crisoner
05-04-2009, 12:55 PM
I think the Lakers of old are great. They are one of the best sports franchises ever. I mean West, Baylor, Wilt, Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Shaq... All completely awesome players!

I can stand all of the fans even though some are annoying, winning so many titles doesn't bother me, IT'S KOBE!

So you don't hate the Lakers you hate Kobe. Fair enough.

Yes they have less titles then Boston...I mean Boston went on that 9 year streak back in the day. But some argue the talent in the league etc. wasn't really up to par at the time. (I give Boston nothing but respect for that BTW)
But Boston outside of last year has been a shadow of what they where in the 80's...70's..and 60's. And the Lakers only missed the playoffs what 2 times out of the last 40 to 50 years or something crazy like that.
Hence all the hate on the Lakers. If the Celtics didn't have that drought the hate level for them will be right there as well.

Mor'Fiyah
05-04-2009, 12:58 PM

Thats pretty sad though. I mean I understand why people can really like players and teams and be fans. I cannot understand people having the level of hate they have for an individual off of just a game. How can you hate someone that much that you don't know?

poido123
05-04-2009, 01:00 PM

end thread

I hate the BUCKS...

End Thread.

crisoner
05-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Thats pretty sad though. I mean I understand why people can really like players and teams and be fans. I cannot understand people having the level of hate they have for an individual off of just a game. How can you hate someone that much that you don't know?

LOL that is the years old question on these boards for me.

I mean...I dislike certain players on in sports etc. but I never talk about them 24-7 like these so called Kobe haters elite. I mean if you hate the man's game and that Colorado thing that's cool...but when some people just talk about it and make threads all the time about it...it's really really pathetic. (Not talking about you ProMurder...other posters)

crisoner
05-04-2009, 01:02 PM
I hate the BUCKS...

End Thread.

LOL

touche...

ProfessorMurder
05-04-2009, 01:05 PM
So you don't hate the Lakers you hate Kobe. Fair enough.

Yes they have less titles then Boston...I mean Boston went on that 9 year streak back in the day. But some argue the talent in the league etc. wasn't really up to par at the time. (I give Boston nothing but respect for that BTW)
But Boston outside of last year has been a shadow of what they where in the 80's...70's..and 60's. And the Lakers only missed the playoffs what 2 times out of the last 40 to 50 years or something crazy like that.
Hence all the hate on the Lakers. If the Celtics didn't have that drought the hate level for them will be right there as well.

Haha I know. Totally true, going 21 years without winning a championship kind of kills the haters.

Aside from Kobe's personality, smugness etc. there is just something about him that I can't stand. I like people being a little cocky, especially if they back it up.

You know those certain people you just want to punch for some reason? Two NBA players I can think of that I get that from would be Kobe and Joakim Noah. It's just one of those things, I can't stand him :confusedshrug:

poido123
05-04-2009, 01:08 PM
LOL that is the years old question on these boards for me.

I mean...I dislike certain players on in sports etc. but I never talk about them 24-7 like these so called Kobe haters elite. I mean if you hate the man's game and that Colorado thing that's cool...but when some people just talk about it and make threads all the time about it...it's really really pathetic. (Not talking about you ProMurder...other posters)

Love Kobe's skill and abilities, but it stops right there...However someone like Magic, how could anyone hate that man?

BigTicket
05-04-2009, 01:09 PM
For me its really rather simple, and twofold.

#1. I would rather face any other team in the finals.

#2. It would be funny teasing the many Lakers fans around here if it did happen.

lolwut
05-04-2009, 01:10 PM
because Kobe is a prima donna

Bush4Ever
05-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Simple probability....

Lakers out = Celtics have a better shot at a title.

poido123
05-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Haha I know. Totally true, going 21 years without winning a championship kind of kills the haters.

Aside from Kobe's personality, smugness etc. there is just something about him that I can't stand. I like people being a little cocky, especially if they back it up.

You know those certain people you just want to punch for some reason? Two NBA players I can think of that I get that from would be Kobe and Joakim Noah. It's just one of those things, I can't stand him :confusedshrug:

MJ had an element of arrogance, but its the way you carry yourself on and off court that can influence your likeability..You never saw Jordan involved in rape cases or team upheaval, however I must say that it is hard for Kobe to break away from MJ's shadow, since there are so many similarities between the two, which forces fans to compare them...

KobeRules24
05-04-2009, 01:25 PM
People hate the lakers because they probably eliminated their favorite team in years past and because they hate Kobe, it's that simple.

GOBB
05-04-2009, 01:40 PM
I have no reason. Lakers are my favorites to win the entire thing. I personally feel this team is better than last season.

flipogb
05-04-2009, 01:45 PM
they shot my puppy and stole my cookies , damn those Lakers

you keep crying, Lakers keep winning , Go Lakers!

GiveItToBurrito
05-04-2009, 01:57 PM

Yeah, seeing all of the stars of Paul Blart: Mall Cop get interviewed during a game on national tv actually did more to make me dislike the Lakers than pretty much anything else all year.

HERB Stempel
05-04-2009, 02:08 PM
05-06 clipper fanbase increased exponentially once the lakers were eliminated. wonder why that was...

Kobe24
05-04-2009, 02:58 PM
I have no reason. Lakers are my favorites to win the entire thing. I personally feel this team is better than last season.

Well duh lol. Ariza is healthy, Bynum is back, Gasol is less soft, Shannon Brown is here.. etc. Last year's team was overrated.

JohnnySic
05-04-2009, 03:09 PM
If the Lakers do in fact win it all, then they can go ahead and enjoy their nice, shiny asterisk. Next year KG and Powe will be back, the C's will retool, and hopefully we can settle this unfinished business once and for all. :D

That said - dont count your chickens before they hatch. I think that's what happened in '04...

Tainted Sword
05-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Mostly because the Kobe nūthuggers on this board will become intolerable. Considering how bad they are now, I can't imagine what would happen if the Lakers won it all. My only hope is that they would be somewhat slowed down by the need to use one hand to mastūrbate to the fulfillment of their biggest fantasy.
I don

elementally morale
05-04-2009, 03:52 PM
I have none.

Legend D
05-04-2009, 03:54 PM
DON always roots for the most deserving team. The Lakers are most deserving this year.

oh the horror
05-04-2009, 03:58 PM
DON always roots for the most deserving team. The Lakers are most deserving this year.

Are you refering to yourself in third person ?

andredagiant
05-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Because the lakers are cocky, kobe is hated, and sasha always looks like he's crying (he's one of my least favourite players in the league, his face is just so :banghead: ):confusedshrug:

BallersTalk
05-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Actually, I'd love for the Lakers to win it all if Gasol or Odom would take Finals MVP. Every NBA forum in existence would explode. Kobe fans everywhere would riot.

All Net
05-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Actually, I'd love for the Lakers to win it all if Gasol or Odom would take Finals MVP. Every NBA forum in existence would explode. Kobe fans everywhere would riot.

If the Lakers win the title I really don't see why it would matter who wins MVP. It would still be Kobe led team and it would be his 4th championship. It would be far worse if the Lakers lost to the Cavs which shouldn't happen given the two teams line-ups.

thejumpa
05-04-2009, 04:40 PM
What's my reason for wanting the Lakers to lose? Well, I have plenty.

1. I love Michael Jordan....best of all time. Kobe, although I acknowledge that he is the best SG since MJ I don't like his arrogance nor care for somebody who copies that much. Kobe is a Laker so he's guilty by association...or maybe the other way around.

2. I was a BIG Kings fan back in the day. Doug Christie was from my hometown, Chris Webber is one of my favorite players of all time, and I loved watching Bibby,Stojakovic,Divac all those years..I was at the mayor of the Seattle's house watching the infamous Game 4 and was crushed by Horry and the Lakers. Ever since then...I have vowed to never like the Lakers.

3. Lots of LA fans I have met are arrogant as **** and I can't stand it. I mentioned in another thread that it is hard to have a conversation with somebody like that..

Those are my top reasons and I have other little ones too. Vujacic is a little *****, Derek Fisher has a knack for knocking down crazy shots that have pissed me off, and it always seems like the Lakers have been in dream situations over the years and always are there at the end of the year. Oh, and Gary Payton went to the Lakers.....That REALLY pissed me off.

The crazy thing is, my sister goes to Pepperdine, I have a residence in Palm Springs, I have plenty of buddies in LA and plan to move there in the fall for school myself. I love everything about LA except the Lakers...

That's why I want them to lose.

YAWN
05-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Yeah, seeing all of the stars of Paul Blart: Mall Cop get interviewed during a game on national tv actually did more to make me dislike the Lakers than pretty much anything else all year.

how is this the lakers fault? That was obviously a paid advertisement for that movie to ABC.

Mor'Fiyah
05-04-2009, 05:18 PM
No matter what reasons people give it comes down to one simple thing. Winners have a lot of fans and way more haters. The Yankees probably have one of the largest fan bases in the MLB. Manchester United in soccer. The Lakers likely also have the largest fan base in the NBA. All of this comes from consistently winning and forming dynasties. They also, for the same reasons, have the most haters. It comes with the territory. And before anyone cites the Bulls as a team that wasn't hated trying actually growing up in that era and tell me that the Bulls didn't have plenty of people who wanted them to lose in the playoffs. The only thing that saved the Bulls time and time again was that Utah was usually hated so much more that you just had to root for the Bulls in the finals. The Celtics were despised as well... until they started losing and then it became useless to really and truly hate them since they just weren't competitive enough anymore. The truth is that despite all the myriad of petty reasons people on here post for hating the Lakers none of them would matter if they Lakers weren't perennial contenders and took championships away from many "likable" teams over the years. Does anyone know any arrogant players on losing teams? Thought so...

Laker4Lyfe
05-04-2009, 05:27 PM
No matter what reasons people give it comes down to one simple thing. Winners have a lot of fans and way more haters. The Yankees probably have one of the largest fan bases in the MLB. Manchester United in soccer. The Lakers likely also have the largest fan base in the NBA. All of this comes from consistently winning and forming dynasties. They also, for the same reasons, have the most haters. It comes with the territory. And before anyone cites the Bulls as a team that wasn't hated trying actually growing up in that era and tell me that the Bulls didn't have plenty of people who wanted them to lose in the playoffs. The only thing that saved the Bulls time and time again was that Utah was usually hated so much more that you just had to root for the Bulls in the finals. The Celtics were despised as well... until they started losing and then it became useless to really and truly hate them since they just weren't competitive enough anymore. The truth is that despite all the myriad of petty reasons people on here post for hating the Lakers none of them would matter if they Lakers weren't perennial contenders and took championships away from many "likable" teams over the years. Does anyone know any arrogant players on losing teams? Thought so...
:applause::applause:

I would bet every penny I have that all of these people who "hate" the Lakers because of "Kobe" and his "cockiness" or whatever would be his #1 fanboy if he were on THEIR team..

I'm glad people hate the Lakers, the Lakers need more haters!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxxPLDZnqwA

Lakers73
05-04-2009, 05:29 PM
I'm sure its been said, but everybody loves to hate the BEST!

Go Lakers!!

..and for all the Laker haters...iss my a$$!:banana:

crisoner
05-04-2009, 05:30 PM
:applause::applause:

I would bet every penny I have that all of these people who "hate" the Lakers because of "Kobe" and his "cockiness" or whatever would be his #1 fanboy if he were on THEIR team..

I'm glad people hate the Lakers, the Lakers need more haters!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxxPLDZnqwA

Daps on the Kat Williams video I was thinking about the same thing while reading posts in this thread earlier.

Need them haters cause it means we doing something right!!!

GO LAKES!!!!!

tmnt mask
05-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Wow. Great thread full of substaniated analysis of Kobe Bryant, the Lakers and their fans, backed up with statistics, facts and observable data. Completely corroborated criticism here aginast the lakers by an unbiased NBA fan base. What a refreshing thread to read withouot bias or crazy generalizations. Truly civilized sports fans here who dont resort to petty criticism when a team is successful.

You know, before I signed up on ISH I used to think baseball fans had the lowest IQ. Now, I'm not so sure anymore.

tmnt mask
05-04-2009, 05:37 PM
To be fair though, all these "F*CK THE H8TERS, LAKERS FOREVER!" fans are kind of annyoing too, but LA has a great and wonderfully diverse (in all senses of the word) fanbase. Probably the most diverse fan base in all of sports. (LA being a diverse city but also globally they are revered)

thejumpa
05-04-2009, 05:39 PM
I doubt I would be Kobes fanboy, but I would most likely be a fan if he were with my team for x amount of years and brought similar success. You can't deny the guys talent or the teams success....but I still have valid reasons for hating them....as people have valid reasons for hating any team/player.

Mor'Fiyah
05-04-2009, 05:58 PM
I doubt I would be Kobes fanboy, but I would most likely be a fan if he were with my team for x amount of years and brought similar success. You can't deny the guys talent or the teams success....but I still have valid reasons for hating them....as people have valid reasons for hating any team/player.

Yep. Now lets all go read some of those "I hate the bucks", "Bucks suck", "Beat The Bucks" threads out there...

thejumpa
05-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Yep. Now lets all go read some of those "I hate the bucks", "Bucks suck", "Beat The Bucks" threads out there...

I'm not talking about the internet necessarily...

I meant in real life, where people don't like players from all kinds of teams...

BallersTalk
05-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Same, I wouldn't be a fanboy, but I certainly wouldn't root against a player on my own team. But seriously the overrating of Kobe has to stop. The Jordan comparisons have to end. Kobe's a great player and I'll give him his props. He's definitely Top 20 All-Time, but Jordan's #1 or #2 player of all time. And Kobe's never gonna touch that.

Mor'Fiyah
05-04-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm not talking about the internet necessarily...

I meant in real life, where people don't like players from all kinds of teams...

Well sure. But enough to hate an entire franchise and its fans because of him and then to also continuously make it known at games and on Internet forums? Or even to use the word "hate" and probably really mean it?

Mor'Fiyah
05-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Same, I wouldn't be a fanboy, but I certainly wouldn't root against a player on my own team. But seriously the overrating of Kobe has to stop. The Jordan comparisons have to end. Kobe's a great player and I'll give him his props. He's definitely Top 20 All-Time, but Jordan's #1 or #2 player of all time. And Kobe's never gonna touch that.

I guarantee you that a majority of Laker fans feel the same way. But, regardless, how can someone else's stupid opinion cause you to hate a player or team that really has nothing to do with the stupid opinions in the first place?

thejumpa
05-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Well sure. But enough to hate an entire franchise and its fans because of him and then to also continuously make it known at games and on Internet forums? Or even to use the word "hate" and probably really mean it?

Nah...

Hate is a strong word. I'm a big fan of sports, NBA in particular, and I get serious about whatever I'm watching or following(as you do I'm assuming). Hate is the first word that comes out of my mouth because I think it's just natural. I don't like to harp on the Lakers too much because it makes you look like a hater. If your a hater, be a hater....but don't make it known or make stupid comments like "Kobe sucks" or something. I'm really even trying to defend him because I really don't like him as an NBA player or the Lakers as an NBA team. Why? well I have my reasons...and I happen to think they are valid. I'm the first person to bet against them or yell **** LA because I don't like to seem them win and do good, which they seem to do well. Do I really HATE them? nah, its not that serious man lol

but **** it though....I got my reasons

Maniak
05-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Because they have Kobe on their team.

Oh, and I hate them.

Mdog1
05-04-2009, 07:14 PM
The *********ery of the fans and media shoving them down my throat. Also the fact that the franchise is the most spoiled ever, or at least second most spoiled ever. *********ery is king though.

Beebo
05-04-2009, 07:24 PM
I want kobe and the lakers to fail....but I want the cavs and celtics to fail harder.

BallersTalk
05-04-2009, 07:33 PM
I guarantee you that a majority of Laker fans feel the same way. But, regardless, how can someone else's stupid opinion cause you to hate a player or team that really has nothing to do with the stupid opinions in the first place?
How can they not?

It's part of the reason I root against Kobe, not all. I root against him because #1 He's not original. He's a poor imitation of another player. I mean down to freaking mannerisms. That's downright ridiculous. #2 He's selfish and has never valued the team's success over his own legacy. I guarantee you if he didn't have those few seasons where he was allowed to do whatever he wanted and 'validated' his place in history as a scorer, he'd still be chucking shots right now and not playing team ball. He just wanted to showcase himself for at least a few seasons. Nobody just suddenly matures and decides to grow up and start spreading the ball. The best example of the real Kobe is the '04 Finals. Shaq got single coverage and beasted on whoever guarded him yet Kobe took it upon himself to hog the ball and chuck at every opportunity. What I hate most about Kobe is his general arrogance. He was already cocky when he entered the league, like he already earned something.

EllEffEll
05-05-2009, 12:04 AM
I kind of wish people would just let this thread roll as it was originally intended; as a post to give people a chance to explain why they want the Lakers to lose.

I see no reason to get defensive about it and I actually like hearing all the various reasons. It's also likely kind of therapeutic for people to put pen to paper and then read it back to themselves to see how it reads.

I respect their passion for the game and realize we all have seen much of the same things, but seen it from different viewpoints. If we have no rivals, it would get pretty dull very fast.

indiefan23
05-05-2009, 12:06 AM
As I go through and lurk on other team-specific forums, it seems that an overwhelming amount of people want the Lakers to lose. If their team doesn't do it, they hope someone else will. I mean, I can understand hating the team on top but I don't see nearly a much hate for the Cavs as I do for the Lakers.

Why? Let's see em.

I hate Kobe Bryant, the most over rated player in history.

indiefan23
05-05-2009, 12:08 AM
How can they not?

It's part of the reason I root against Kobe, not all. I root against him because #1 He's not original. He's a poor imitation of another player. I mean down to freaking mannerisms. That's downright ridiculous. #2 He's selfish and has never valued the team's success over his own legacy. I guarantee you if he didn't have those few seasons where he was allowed to do whatever he wanted and 'validated' his place in history as a scorer, he'd still be chucking shots right now and not playing team ball. He just wanted to showcase himself for at least a few seasons. Nobody just suddenly matures and decides to grow up and start spreading the ball. The best example of the real Kobe is the '04 Finals. Shaq got single coverage and beasted on whoever guarded him yet Kobe took it upon himself to hog the ball and chuck at every opportunity. What I hate most about Kobe is his general arrogance. He was already cocky when he entered the league, like he already earned something.

Just, wow. :cheers:

kentatm
05-05-2009, 12:10 AM
to put it simply, the Mavs match up better with Houston.

if they go down to Denver then I really dont care who win it this year.

qrich
05-05-2009, 12:12 AM
This thread cracked me up from the start :oldol:

indiefan23
05-05-2009, 12:13 AM
No matter what reasons people give it comes down to one simple thing. Winners have a lot of fans and way more haters. The Yankees probably have one of the largest fan bases in the MLB. Manchester United in soccer. The Lakers likely also have the largest fan base in the NBA. All of this comes from consistently winning and forming dynasties. They also, for the same reasons, have the most haters. It comes with the territory. And before anyone cites the Bulls as a team that wasn't hated trying actually growing up in that era and tell me that the Bulls didn't have plenty of people who wanted them to lose in the playoffs. The only thing that saved the Bulls time and time again was that Utah was usually hated so much more that you just had to root for the Bulls in the finals. The Celtics were despised as well... until they started losing and then it became useless to really and truly hate them since they just weren't competitive enough anymore. The truth is that despite all the myriad of petty reasons people on here post for hating the Lakers none of them would matter if they Lakers weren't perennial contenders and took championships away from many "likable" teams over the years.

This is such a lame explanation. What about the Rockets? No one but the fans of teams they beat hate them. Dream is one of the most beloved players ever and you can tell by the fact there are almost 0 Dream slam threads/posts on this site: a place almost dedicated to slamming players. What about Magic? Even people who hated his Laker teams found them entertaining. Who 'hates' Magic? Even the bulls haters are far, vastly and totally outnumbered by those who loved their greatness.

Does anyone know any arrogant players on losing teams? Thought so...

Uh... Zach Randolph? Clippers. Steph Knicks. Franchise Orlando. Coleman Washington. How many words can you put in a message? I can fill it with arrogant players on losing teams.

blasian
05-05-2009, 11:43 AM
I've been wanting to see an LA vs. Cavs final since the middle of the season, just because I think it would make for some amazing basketball.

But at this point, I'm starting to pull for the Rockets, just because I'm sick of all the bandwagon fans(not here, but in my own life lol) who don't know shyt about basketball and have never even been to California yet are rooting for the Lakers just because its the trendy thing to do. The thought of seeing some dumb bytch who thinks that "Kobe is soooo hawt" in tears because of an early LA exit makes me :D

gpfanz
05-05-2009, 12:07 PM
I hate Kobe Bryant, the most over rated player in history.

+ 1~!

AznTacoLover
05-05-2009, 12:27 PM
I don't like anyone on the team expext Gasol and brown..and I'm from portland so I just hate them. :D and odom always trying to start something with us when we play the lakers.

Downtown LA
05-05-2009, 12:35 PM
I'm actually surprised that so many people dislike the Lakers. I can understand why people dislike Kobe and I respect that, but what about the other Lakers? How can you hate Lamar Odom?:oldlol:

RainierBeachPoet
05-05-2009, 12:45 PM

Why? Let's see em.

for me, the answer is simple:

because kobe bryant is a r@pist

spree43
05-05-2009, 12:47 PM
The reason that people hate Kobe and the Lakers is simply because of the dou*** fans

They seem to be a magnet for those young, know nothing fans who seem to take it as a personal success over you when their team wins

They go around saying "The lakers are going to win this year" and they were the heavy favourites with Boston, then when the Lakers win they'll say "Look how smart I was"

More so than Lebron

Kobe and Vujacic are the typical players that little kids love, but that adults who have met those kinds of people can look at and see that they're little b******

lolwut
05-05-2009, 12:56 PM
I want the Lakers to lose because Kobe Bryant is a prima donna, a fake tough guy, and he and the Lakers have tons of know-nothing bandwagon fans in Houston.

ikoiko
05-05-2009, 01:04 PM
i like kobe's game, can't stand the person. but the real reason i want them to lose is because of the idiot fans of the lakers, in this forum and outside it.

dbugz
05-05-2009, 01:37 PM
because of the fanboys who are always comparing MJ and Kobe.

MJ > LeBron > D-Wade >>>>>>>>>>> Kobe

Let's see how will they react :roll:

lolwut
05-05-2009, 01:41 PM

:cheers:

Wagon jumper
05-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Stats and star power wise the Lakers is no doubt one of the best if not the best team in NBA, but they show no heart to the game at all. How many times in season you see them blowing the opponent 20pts early in 3rd quarter, then start to toying their opponent and lost all the lead. How many times you hear the commentator say kobe is handling the ball and everyone just standing around. They look down their opponent to a point where they dont respect them at all.
Sometimes people just cant blame kobe for chunking 30 shots to get 30points, he look around and everyone is a no show. So mind as well shoot all the jumper if this team miss them all anyways. I cheer for houston but im not a Kobe hater.

DaCommish
05-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Wow. Great thread full of substaniated analysis of Kobe Bryant, the Lakers and their fans, backed up with statistics, facts and observable data. Completely corroborated criticism here aginast the lakers by an unbiased NBA fan base. What a refreshing thread to read withouot bias or crazy generalizations. Truly civilized sports fans here who dont resort to petty criticism when a team is successful.

You know, before I signed up on ISH I used to think baseball fans had the lowest IQ. Now, I'm not so sure anymore.

I'm sorry, I don't hate the Lakers because I ran a statistical analysis and found an aberration that ticked me off (the R-square between number of shots for Kobe and team victories is only 0.6226, I DEMAND it to be 0.90 or higher!!). No, I hate the team because I AM biased (the term unbiased fan is an OXYMORON), and I believe the organization is successful in large part due to their location and players desire to be there. Now you can argue that this isn't true and the argument would have some merit as the Clippers have always sucked and they play in the same city, but name me one big-name player that would refuse to play for the Lakers. I just feel the team has always been handed whatever they need to win (i.e. Gasol). Now, I didn't do a hypothesis test or anything, so maybe I really don't hate them for this, but I'll let you know once the DNA analysis comes back.

EllEffEll
05-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Now, I didn't do a hypothesis test or anything, so maybe I really don't hate them for this, but I'll let you know once the DNA analysis comes back.

DNA analysis?

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!! :roll:

SRZ66
05-05-2009, 02:06 PM
there has not been enough mention of one sasha vujacic. even laker fans have to admit he is an annoying whinny little bi**h

boozehound
05-05-2009, 02:14 PM
i like kobe's game, can't stand the person. but the real reason i want them to lose is because of the idiot fans of the lakers, in this forum and outside it.
similar feelings as well. I dont really want them to lose so much as I want the rockets to win. But the terrible fans (worse than all others, although the new beanville frontrunners and the yao.mac rox fans come pretty close) are what I cannot stand.

Leviathon1121
05-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Did not like Bryant from day 1. Drafted into the NBA, and refusing to play for anybody but the Lakers and that just isn't right. My opinion of course, but when you have the opportunity to make that kind of money, you should be grateful no matter where you play. But it seems to me Kobe puts his image first and his team second.

KenneBell
05-18-2009, 09:31 AM
Bump.:oldlol:

John Smith
05-18-2009, 09:43 AM
More than Kobe being femmy like Pau Gasol and more than Phil Jackson being totally overrated...I just do not like the fans. They seem all pretensious and uppity. They show up to the game late thinking that makes them cool. I'm just tired of the LA scene. The Lakers don't represent LA at all! If they did, half the stands would be filled with illegals from Mexico.

Lamar Doom
05-18-2009, 09:53 AM

HOLY SH*T that's hilarious!! antagonistic message boarding!! WHOA, you're gonna get a rise out of some people!! GENIUS!!

gpfanz
05-18-2009, 09:57 AM

Why? Let's see em.

Because Kobe have been over-rated for too long :rockon:

Shaquille O'Neal
05-18-2009, 03:17 PM
* entire game 6 of the '02 WCF

This.

LA_Showtime
05-18-2009, 03:55 PM
This.

you were in the game 6 too buddy..

phoenix18
05-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Did not like Bryant from day 1. Drafted into the NBA, and refusing to play for anybody but the Lakers and that just isn't right. My opinion of course, but when you have the opportunity to make that kind of money, you should be grateful no matter where you play. But it seems to me Kobe puts his image first and his team second.
Eli Manning did the same thing in the NFL Draft, yet no one says anything.

lefthook00
05-18-2009, 04:17 PM

Yup. He had enough hype, and was good enough to call his own shots. Paid off big time. Helped LA win 3 championships and kept their fanbase the biggest in the world. Cry about it everyone.

RonySeikalyFTL
05-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Yup. He had enough hype, and was good enough to call his own shots. Paid off big time. Helped LA win 3 championships and kept their fanbase the biggest in the world. Cry about it everyone.

You're leaving out the part where he f*cked it all up by running Shaq out of town because he demanded more shots even though The Diesel was the far better offensive weapon.

You're also leaving out the part where LA sucked for several years as a result of this, and how Kobe whined and complained and demanded a trade up until they landed Pau Gasol.

stephanieg
05-18-2009, 05:26 PM
Because LA has been and will always be the Yankees/Cowboys of the NBA. Half the planet is an LA fan. Kobe and the lack of characters who could make me feel good about them just cements it.

RonySeikalyFTL
05-18-2009, 05:27 PM
This thread needs to be retitled:

WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR REASON FOR WANTING THE LAKERS TO WIN?!

Seriously, how do you people root for a team led by such a spoiled, self-centered little prick?

I mean, when you see how this clown has acted throughout his entire career, from the consistent selfish style of play to the Shaq debacle to the rape charges to the b*tching about having to play for the team that he ruined to the constant alienation of his teammates to the audacity to think that he can carry MJ's jock strap to the complaining about his team now even though they are the most talented team in the league... HOW CAN YOU ROOT FOR THIS GUY?!

It boggles my mind...

Rake2204
05-18-2009, 06:29 PM

I have to say, that definitely got me off on the wrong foot with Eli Manning. I think I felt that he looked shamelessly disgruntled while sporting the Chargers cap. . .when in fact he'd just become a millionaire. In fact, I've held a grudge against him for the duration of his career. I know he may not be a spoiled brat, but I enjoy the idea of pretending that he is. Sometimes sports need villains.

On that same note, and this is where my imperfection shines through. . .I've never been bothered by the Kobe Bryant or Steve Francis situations. In fact, I hardly even remember the Kobe draft demand situation, perhaps it was played out through the media rather than in front of the camera.

I am not particularly a Kobe Bryant fan and I don't think I want his team to win a championship. I just can't put my finger on why I feel this way. I feel there is severe oversaturation of the Lakers in the media, and it becomes tiresome. Plus, I feel the Lakers have won plenty. Unless we're talking about my own team (which I hope wins every year) I'm in favor of new teams reaching the top, to see what it looks like.

This years' finals will actually offer dream scenarios at each corner for me:

Cavs vs. Lakers = Kobe vs. LeBron

Cavs vs. Nuggets = Battle of the Original '03 Draft Gemstones (LeBron vs. Carmello)

Magic vs. Lakers = Battle of the Original '06 Draft Gemstones (Morrison vs. Redick)

Magic vs. Nuggets = Battle of the Super Heroes (Superman vs. Birdman)

It's a win-win-win-win situation for me this year.

DetroitPistonFan
05-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Cause the Lakers win too much. They have enough championships. I'm sick of hearing "Kobe Kobe Kobe. Lakers Lakers Lakers." I want my Pistons to win it all. It won't happen since they're out. Give another underdog to win it all. Anybody but the Cavs.

RonySeikalyFTW
05-18-2009, 06:57 PM
I want the Lakers to lose so I can lmao at all the new excuses the Kobe fanboys will have for why Kobe fails yet again. Let's see if they can be more creative than last year's "Odom and Gasol let my poor Kobe down yo!" and "the Celtics cheated yo they were too rough on my poor Kobe!" or previous years' "It's just not fair that LA doesn't surround my poor Kobe with enough talent! Yo!" and "It's not fair the season was ruined because racialist cops in Colorado be dissin my poor innocent Kobe yo!"

And I also hate the dumbing down of the NBA's audience to the point that Kobe ****ing Bryant is considered a consummate winner and mentioned in the same breath as Michael Jordan.

bigkingsfan
05-18-2009, 07:04 PM
They robbed my childhood.

crisoner
05-18-2009, 07:05 PM
http://slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/126kobe_0409.jpg

Keep on hating!!!

lefthook00
05-18-2009, 07:29 PM
You're leaving out the part where he f*cked it all up by running Shaq out of town because he demanded more shots even though The Diesel was the far better offensive weapon.

You're also leaving out the part where LA sucked for several years as a result of this, and how Kobe whined and complained and demanded a trade up until they landed Pau Gasol.

No. Shaq and Phil both admit it was just as much their fault.

I don't remember Kobe complaining AT ALL until that vid of Bynum.

Remember, Kobe doesn't really make a lot of excuses...its his fans that make up all these stupid excuses for him.