PDA

View Full Version : Derek Fisher ejected after slamming into Luis Scola

xtn5021
05-07-2009, 12:46 AM
Did you see what Fisher did to Scola? That should be a flagrant 2. Totally intentional. Classless in my opinion.

bigkingsfan
05-07-2009, 12:48 AM
This deserves its own thread, similar to Alston.
http://i39.tinypic.com/t6ax53.gif

KenneBell
05-07-2009, 12:51 AM
Fish put the gotdamn truck stick on Scola. :oldlol:

Roundball_Rock
05-07-2009, 12:51 AM
Was what he did any worse than the TWO flagrant fouls Rondo got away with?

Eldrunko247
05-07-2009, 12:57 AM
semi flop...that's a flagrant 1 at best. dirty rondo did much worse.

StroShow4
Isn't Fisher the president of the player's association or whatever? I wonder if that will come into play regarding a possible suspension. I always thought of Fish as a nice guy, I'm kind of surprised by this.

04mzwach
Was what he did any worse than the TWO flagrant fouls Rondo got away with?
yes.

04mzwach
05-07-2009, 12:58 AM
Scola didn't even have the ball. Are you kidding me?

LaLion13
http://www.uploadho.com/files/1241763026.gif

shanethetrain
I think it was way worse than Rondo's. He easily could have injured Scola. On the other hand, Rafer's was a small smack. Not suspension worthy in my opinion.

Like I said in a previous thread, I hope the "message" that Fish sent was worth not having him in the game.

shanethetrain
05-07-2009, 01:00 AM
The more I look at that GIF..... he even gets a little running start before the hit...

AJ2k8
05-07-2009, 01:00 AM
Isn't Fisher the president of the player's association or whatever? I wonder if that will come into play regarding a possible suspension. I always thought of Fish as a nice guy, I'm kind of surprised by this.

He always get's frustrated with what he thinks is illegal screens and guards dont get looked after with that type of stuff.

Although i doubt he really pushed him that hard, probably partially a flop.

Eldrunko247
05-07-2009, 01:01 AM
What the hell did Scola do to piss off all the Lakers like that? :lol

momo
05-07-2009, 01:11 AM

He had about 4 or 5 borderline cheap shots on his belt before the 1st half ended. Nothing like fisher woodshedding him here, but plenty to inspire creativity on the lakers.

KeylessEntry
05-07-2009, 01:12 AM
Kevin Garnett does this on a nightly basis and he is like way larger than Fisher. This shouldnt be a big deal.

KeylessEntry
05-07-2009, 01:12 AM

Like two or three possessions before this happened, Scola smacked Odom in the face and there were a bunch of techs given out.

Quata
05-07-2009, 01:28 AM
dirty or not, scola got *****ed hardcore by a dude half his size.

L.Kizzle
05-07-2009, 01:32 AM
Anyone just see that snippet on TNT. LOL Fish.

wozzler
05-07-2009, 01:37 AM

short or not, derek is still built like a fire plug

KenneBell
05-07-2009, 01:40 AM
I wonder if he knew coming in. Pre-meditated. Damn those Lakers! :oldlol:

bigkingsfan
05-07-2009, 01:41 AM
Yea let me get a full running start on a 250 pound man standing still, aiming at the upper body and I can knock him down too.

Twiens
05-07-2009, 01:47 AM
Fisher is a ****in tank :oldlol:

KenneBell
05-07-2009, 01:48 AM
Yea let me get a full running start on a 250 pound man standing still, aiming at the upper body and I can knock him down too.
Fisher was running now? He's gonna get suspended but let's not exaggerate.

Gevz2kX
Kevin Garnett does this on a nightly basis and he is like way larger than Fisher. This shouldnt be a big deal.

What are you talking about? KG just sets a lot of screens that get called as offensive fouls sometimes. He doesn't throw his elbow into someone's chest. Nightly basis? Keep hating

ZOMG
From the ESPN recap:

Moments later, Fisher was called for a flagrant foul when he collided with Scola as the Rockets brought the ball up the court.

Scola fell to the court and Fisher received a bloody cut on his head near his right ear

:roll:

They almost managed to make Fish sound like the victim.

New Jazzy Nets
05-07-2009, 01:49 AM
stand up guy my ass, do it to artest if you want to show some balls.

ZeN
05-07-2009, 01:50 AM
prophetic... it sounded like he was speaking about himself...:oldlol:

Fish is quiet but at the same time a little bull dog...

Jorn444Lakers
05-07-2009, 01:51 AM
Truck stick!

rezznor
05-07-2009, 01:59 AM
when he was talking about guys who act tough but cant really fight, i thought he was talking about kobe

dreaming121
05-07-2009, 01:59 AM

Well Scola got hit on the Chin full force with Fisher's head. Probably only boxers can withstand that.

Fisher's head bleeding should tell you how strong the impact was.

Erathia
05-07-2009, 02:00 AM
You can call it classless or whatever you want, but Fisher was standing up for his team and sending a message to Scola and the Houston Rockets. It fired up the team and the fans.

TRUCK STICK!

All Net
05-07-2009, 02:02 AM
Fisher was in the wrong but facts remain Scola flopped HARD...

wTFaMonkey
05-07-2009, 02:05 AM
:ohwell::ohwell:

Point me to where you think it is a flop.

dreaming121
05-07-2009, 02:06 AM

How can anyone flop that?

Fisher used his full body strength to hit Scola and hit his chin. How can anyone flop that ?

gts
05-07-2009, 02:07 AM
This deserves its own thread, similar to Alston.
http://i39.tinypic.com/t6ax53.gifjust wanted to give you props on being so quick ith gifs you make... someday in the off season you'll have to make a thread on how you do it

lolwut
05-07-2009, 02:08 AM

you're retarded

All Net
05-07-2009, 02:14 AM
you're retarded

Says the guy with a stupid cat as his avatar

Fisher did go straight into him but fact is Scola sold that foul completely...no way around that. A 6'9 guy 250 odd would not get blowndown that badly without flopping i'm sorry it just isn't possible. I know myself as a big guy I would never go down that bad with a guy barely 6'0 knocking me down.

Erathia
05-07-2009, 02:15 AM

Fisher used his full body strength to hit Scola and hit his chin. How can anyone flop that ?

Just to correct you Fisher went into the chest, not the chin.

Mgamer20o0
05-07-2009, 02:18 AM
well everyone was saying how soft the lakers were last year. right or wrong he sent a message. i dont know if i would have called it a 2. not sure how someone could say it was a hard flop. there is a lot of energy there. both running at each other then the hit.

gts
05-07-2009, 02:18 AM
best part of that shot by fish on scola was powells reaction... he just stopped dead in his tracks and looked at fish in awe.. we need that floor level shot tnt had on that

Lakers73
05-07-2009, 02:23 AM
Flagrant foul yes, but after looking at it slo-mo...Scola totally flopped too! Scola gets hit in the chest and falls and holds his face...what a moron!

crisoner
05-07-2009, 02:31 AM
Good hard foul send that message Fish!!!!

dreaming121
05-07-2009, 02:32 AM
Just to correct you Fisher went into the chest, not the chin.

Oh yes. But Fisher hit him in the Chin with his head. Even accidentally, it should hurt Scola more.

Body hit + Accidental hit to the chin at the same time. You cant flop getting down with that hit.

dreaming121
05-07-2009, 02:33 AM
Flagrant foul yes, but after looking at it slo-mo...Scola totally flopped too! Scola gets hit in the chest and falls and holds his face...what a moron!

??? Did you get the message, Fishers head was bleeding? It wasn't a coincidence Scola held his face.

justin43
05-07-2009, 02:34 AM
Yes, that is definitely a flagant foul and Derek Fisher will probably be suspended for one game, but Scola obviously flopped to make the impact seem worse than it was.

05-07-2009, 02:35 AM
This is Bush League no matter how you look at it. YEP BUSH LEAGUE!

Scola should of stayed down for like 5 minutes to make it look worse.

amfirst
05-07-2009, 02:40 AM
Scola definately flop, no one falls with their feet kicked into the air, unless to create a dramatic ending.

mamba24
05-07-2009, 02:40 AM
I dont care if Fishers foul was intentional...i dont care if kobes foul was intentional...its a mind game...if Ron artest wants to fight he can do so and skip another season with a suspension.

The lakers are physical and they are playing tough...The rockets have started this..the lakers are a finesse team...the rockets wanted physical they got it....if they cant handle it or the fans think its unfair...maybe your rockets can join the WNBA and make up for the team that left.

dreaming121
05-07-2009, 02:44 AM
^Sorry, I can't call that physical play.

Those were more of a cheap shot than physical play.

Ken_Masters
05-07-2009, 02:45 AM
That was a wicked hit. Fisher is definitely strong enough to knock Scola off his feet, no matter how small he is in height. Fish is def. getting suspended for that one.

05-07-2009, 02:45 AM
I dont care if Fishers foul was intentional...i dont care if kobes foul was intentional...its a mind game...if Ron artest wants to fight he can do so and skip another season with a suspension.

The lakers are physical and they are playing tough...The rockets have started this..the lakers are a finesse team...the rockets wanted physical they got it....if they cant handle it or the fans think its unfair...maybe your rockets can join the WNBA and make up for the team that left.

No players should get a running start Bush League slam to the ground. Fish went over the line way into the Bush League area.

I do not see where Scola flopped at all. Look where his head is when he get hit.

Just think what would be said on ISH if Scola did that to Kobe?

BUSH LEAGUE

KenneBell
05-07-2009, 02:46 AM

Nothing. You would probably be praising Scola along with tons of other people.

Jorn444Lakers
05-07-2009, 02:48 AM
Nothing. You would probably be praising Scola along with tons of other people.
Haha, so true. It would have been a "good physical play" or "Kobe deserved it for Colorado!"

05-07-2009, 02:51 AM
Haha, so true. It would have been a "good physical play" or "Kobe deserved it for Colorado!"

What did Kobe do in Colorado?

rawimpact
05-07-2009, 02:51 AM
if fisher gets suspended, maybe brown will step up :-D

Nanners
05-07-2009, 02:53 AM
fisher did throw out the elbow which makes this tech worthy, but Scola flopped pretty hard to sell that call.

Jorn444Lakers
05-07-2009, 02:54 AM
What did Kobe do in Colorado?
The court case? Or was that sarcasm?

mamba24
05-07-2009, 03:01 AM
No players should get a running start Bush League slam to the ground. Fish went over the line way into the Bush League area.

I do not see where Scola flopped at all. Look where his head is when he get hit.

BUSH LEAGUE

If scola did that to kobe it would be a message to say...the rockets are for real and we dont pretend to be tough...man look at the foul shots the rockets got on the laker home floor for both the games....they have gotten calls..

anyway...doesnt change the fact that game 1 you guys abused the lakers and got away with all the pushes and over the back crap...

this game they came out for real and they played the way you guys wanted to...

NuggetsFan
05-07-2009, 03:06 AM
It was un called for and intentional but Scola did through a little bit of a flop. Fisher still got him good but there was deff a little bit of acting in there..

Thom.Yorke
05-07-2009, 03:15 AM
Fisher got him good, but scola didn't "brace" himself for the impact. he knows fisher goes hard on the screens and it was the one where fisher went too hard on it.

I wouldn't say it was a cheap shot, but it was uncalled for. I dunno about him getting suspended either,

Artest should have not been ejected but, he made it seem like "youre dead kobe" and slices his throat. It's a touchy legal subject and thats why he got ejected.

Good game though, I think this series will be better than the finals.

mbell75
05-07-2009, 03:26 AM
Lakers have been hearing all year they werent tough enough last year and they arent tough enough this year. Love that they are pushing back now, even if it draws some techs :applause: Scola deserves an academy award nomination for that flop too.

TheAnchorman
05-07-2009, 03:28 AM
Lakers have been hearing all year they werent tough enough last year and they arent tough enough this year. Love that they are pushing back now, even if it draws some techs :applause: Scola deserves an academy award nomination for that flop too.
Pfft Pierce still beats him for the Oscar though, I have yet to see anyone outdo pierce with the Game 1 2008 Finals fiasco :D

JordanL
05-07-2009, 03:39 AM

Here's how you spot a flop.

If the initial contact results in:

-Movement of the upper body.
-Stationary feet.
-An apparent pivot point at the hips.

Then the player being hit is throwing his weight into the fall and flopping.

A real hit which really sends someone to the ground will pivot closer to the feet or knees, will cause the feet to move in the opposite direction of the chest, and will cause the head to move forward on the initial contact while the chest moves back.

If the head and chest move back together, it's a flop. Granted, Scola didn't really have to flop this. Looking at the play again, it looked as if both players made up their mind before the play: Fisher was set on laying him out, Scola was set on drawing a foul by flopping.

Allstar24
05-07-2009, 03:42 AM
I really don't appreciate the way the Lakers have been playing basketball recently. If I wanted to see cheap shots and dirty plays, I'd become a Celtics fan. This is not the right way for the Lakers to prove to everyone that they are tough. I was a little taken aback by their demeanor tonight. I'm glad we won and I hope we keep up the intensity but lets keep it classy, we don't want to act like the Celtics. I know the Lakers are better than that.

Bernie Nips
05-07-2009, 03:46 AM
Here's how you spot a flop.

If the initial contact results in:

-Movement of the upper body.
-Stationary feet.
-An apparent pivot point at the hips.

Then the player being hit is throwing his weight into the fall and flopping.

A real hit which really sends someone to the ground will pivot closer to the feet or knees, will cause the feet to move in the opposite direction of the chest, and will cause the head to move forward on the initial contact while the chest moves back.

If the head and chest move back together, it's a flop. Granted, Scola didn't really have to flop this. Looking at the play again, it looked as if both players made up their mind before the play: Fisher was set on laying him out, Scola was set on drawing a foul by flopping.

He gets hit in the chin and his head is meant to move forward?

I'm no physicist, but that seems a little off.

And I do believe there was slight "floppage" but that Fisher was ridiculous in this play and is outta here.

JordanL
05-07-2009, 03:47 AM
He gets hit in the chin and his head is meant to move forward?

I'm no physicist, but that seems a little off.

And I do believe there was slight "floppage" but that Fisher was ridiculous in this play and is outta here.

Fisher deserved to be ejected, but the initial contact, and brunt of the force, was in Scola's chest. It looked as if the chin contact was incidental.

Regardless, you can tell it's a flop, or partial flop, by looking at his feet.

ihatetimthomas
05-07-2009, 03:53 AM
Fisher deserved to be ejected, but the initial contact, and brunt of the force, was in Scola's chest. It looked as if the chin contact was incidental.

Regardless, you can tell it's a flop, or partial flop, by looking at his feet.

I honestly believe he was getting prepared to flop but got caught very off guard by a hard hit from a bull. Either way though, ejection was def. warranted

Erathia
05-07-2009, 06:22 AM
I honestly believe he was getting prepared to flop but got caught very off guard by a hard hit from a bull. Either way though, ejection was def. warranted

I agree, when the contact was made Scola's feet were already way ahead of his body meaning he was preparing to go to the ground. The game was being called extremely tight at that point and he was hoping for a free trip to the line.
Fisher made up his mind that he was going to run through the pick with a little extra something and send a message.

Fisher looked back to see the pick was coming and started his plan. Scola came up and set back on the screen so he would fall at any contact. Hit was harder to the chest than Scola expected and got whiplash. If the hit was meant for the chin, Fish wouldn't have teeth marks in the side of his head because he would have protected his head. He lead with his shoulder to the chest of a lend back Scola.

epark1281
05-07-2009, 08:12 AM
hang on, if this is a flagrant 2, how the hell did Rondo get away with a wrestling move in game 6 against the bulls? Rondo tried to throw Hinrich into the stands.

MaxFly
05-07-2009, 08:46 AM
He'll be suspended as he should be.

LA.MJ&KB#1
05-07-2009, 09:11 AM
He'll be suspended as he should be.

If the league suspend Fisher the lakers will have more added motivation in game three to get the win and DF would be well rested for game four...So a suspension might not be bad for the lakers.....

Jordan and SB looked good last night...and will step up in game four.

I'm glad to see the lakers play tough like most others team in the NBA....

Mark Jackson
05-07-2009, 09:11 AM
It's called an "Get him back" like elbow. Happened alot in the 80's and early 90's, something like what Fisher did, would be called an offensive foul with no suspension, but in this current boy scout league, I guess not. I was actually clapping while watching this game.

U got Served
05-07-2009, 09:15 AM
It's called an "Get him back" like elbow. Happened alot in the 80's and early 90's, something like what Fisher did, would be called an offensive foul with no suspension, but in this current boy scout league, I guess not. I was actually clapping while watching this game.

Sounds like someone is leaving in the past.

Mark Jackson
05-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Sounds like someone is leaving in the past.

Maybe Iam, can you blame me? I mean, not even talking about old school ball, just in general, playing on the playgrounds we even endured rough housing like play, that in this league would get you suspended and Soft Fans calling for your beheading. I mean my god, If Oakley were still playing, most of these current fans would probably call 911 on him if they were a witness to what he used to do. Let me tell you something, when Oak picked up 4 fouls in a game, his opponent's remembered every last one of them.

U got Served
05-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Maybe Iam, can you blame me? I mean, not even talking about old school ball, just in general, playing on the playgrounds we even endured rough housing like play, that in this league would get you suspended and Soft Fans calling for your beheading. I mean my god, If Oakley were still playing, most of these current fans would probably call 911 on him if they were a witness to what he used to do. Let me tell you something, when Oak picked up 4 fouls in a game, his opponent's remembered every last one of them.

:oldlol: You're right. These "Can't touch me" rules completely favor the perimeter guys. Going back to the topic, elbows are thrown all the time. Artest simply got upset and let Kobe know he couldn't do that to him. Refs overreacted.

The Kobe Show
05-07-2009, 10:33 AM
i wish he would have broke his nose or got his throat, however i think he was sending a message dont mess with my teammates. I wish it was Paul pierce or Kg.

Torious
05-07-2009, 10:40 AM
i wish he would have broke his nose or got his throat, however i think he was sending a message dont mess with my teammates. I wish it was Paul pierce or Kg.

While sending a message is all fine and dandy, wishing for someone to actually get hurt isn't IMO. :(

AznTacoLover
05-07-2009, 10:42 AM
lol. scola kind of flopped. yesterday was when funny **** happened. :oldlol:

The Kobe Show
05-07-2009, 10:47 AM
While sending a message is all fine and dandy, wishing for someone to actually get hurt isn't IMO. :(

no i wanted him to get hurt. he shouldnt act hard to odom, got what was coming to him, and from what i saw it wasnt a flop he got laid out hard.

ElPigto
05-07-2009, 10:52 AM
no i wanted him to get hurt. he shouldnt act hard to odom, got what was coming to him, and from what i saw it wasnt a flop he got laid out hard.

I guess Scola has gotten to the Lakers head. Odom trying to act all tough by just talking lip. What a load of sh!t. Lakers are a bunch of pansies.

The Kobe Show
05-07-2009, 10:54 AM
I guess Scola has gotten to the Lakers head. Odom trying to act all tough by just talking lip. What a load of sh!t. Lakers are a bunch of pansies.

WE showed yall pansies last night didnt we? BAHAHA :cheers:

ElPigto
05-07-2009, 10:56 AM

The Rockets sure as hell didn't back down did they? Who didn't know the Lakers would come out gunning game 2. I sure as hell expected it. Hell I saw the game with a mindset knowing that the probability of Rockets winning this game was not very high. We stole homecourt advantage and that is what matters.

The Kobe Show
05-07-2009, 10:57 AM
The Rockets sure as hell didn't back down did they? Who didn't know the Lakers would come out gunning game 2. I sure as hell expected it. Hell I saw the game with a mindset knowing that the probability of Rockets winning this game was not very high. We stole homecourt advantage and that is what matters.

one win we got it back. but goodluck to you and the rockets. cant wait till game 3!

ElPigto
05-07-2009, 11:05 AM
one win we got it back. but goodluck to you and the rockets. cant wait till game 3!

Yep I agree, but for now this is all I have to hold on to. My expectations have been very low for this series because I know LA is a great team. Anyways good luck to your team as well.

Let bygones be bygones and lets forget about what happened yesterday and look forward to tomorrow.

:cheers:

poido123
05-07-2009, 11:11 AM
My opinion is it was a good hard hit by Fisher and a very well sold flop by Scola :confusedshrug: I think the decision was fine, if not a little excessive...:confusedshrug:

OneMoreSucka
05-07-2009, 11:42 AM
My opinion is it was a good hard hit by Fisher and a very well sold flop by Scola :confusedshrug: I think the decision was fine, if not a little excessive...:confusedshrug:
Are you kidding me? It's not even possible to flop a hit that sudden and that hard. It just LOOKS like a flop because you never actually see guys go down that hard in the NBA. I'm surprised his sternum isn't fractured.

tastystaci
05-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Are you kidding me? It's not even possible to flop a hit that sudden and that hard. It just LOOKS like a flop because you never actually see guys go down that hard in the NBA. I'm surprised his sternum isn't fractured.

This

boozehound
05-07-2009, 12:03 PM
how old are you kid? gonna throw down on the tv?

millwad
05-07-2009, 12:10 PM

By cheapshots and acting like *******. What Houston did to Lakers in game one though, ASSKICKING at it's best.

OneMoreSucka
05-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Last time I checked, Houston had home court advantage.

ProfessorMurder
05-07-2009, 12:24 PM

Yeah. You guys really showed the Rockets, with Yao in foul trouble all game, Artest being thrown out for being elbowed, and Scola getting smashed with an elbow.

Seems like you guys won fair and square, by playing solid basketball... Not.

lolwut
05-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Yeah. You guys really showed the Rockets, with Yao in foul trouble all game, Artest being thrown out for being elbowed, and Scola getting smashed with an elbow.

Seems like you guys won fair and square, by playing solid basketball... Not.

They played as cheap as possible. It will be a very different story in Houston.

KenneBell
05-07-2009, 12:32 PM
It will be a very different story in Houston.
I would hope so.

Automajic23
05-07-2009, 12:32 PM
I better see kobe and odom walking with a limp after friday night

justin43
05-07-2009, 12:39 PM

All the laker hate after the Rockets lose one game.:violin:

Hopefully no one gets injured. What does odom have to do with the play last night?

All Net
05-07-2009, 12:52 PM

:rolleyes:

Automajic23
05-07-2009, 12:57 PM

Hopefully no one gets injured. What does odom have to do with the play last night?

It's not hate it's merely saying this is a physical series. If Rockets key players are getting banged up a little (yao, scola, artest) they need to be returning the favor to the lakers. How are you deriving this as hate? :banghead:

Hard physical play should come from both teams, not just one

ProfessorMurder
05-07-2009, 12:57 PM

He started some crap with Scola, the Luke 'the f@g' Walton got in on it too.

lolwut
05-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Odom talked **** to Scola alllllllllllll night. The guy's a prick.

BigTicket
05-07-2009, 01:22 PM
The Lakers are a dirty team, Fisher included. But the ejection was punishment enough, no suspension should be added if you ask me.

mbell75
05-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Last time I checked, Houston had home court advantage.

Last time I checked, Lakers had the best road record in the NBA. So whats your point?

bigkingsfan
05-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Looks like Fishead is gone for game 3

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakersweb8-2009may08,0,1243101.story?track=rss

unbreakable
05-07-2009, 02:21 PM
I cant believe what Im reading all through ISH.. a bunch of girls saying Rafer should get suspended but Fisher shouldnt.. what the?..

I understand Fisher is a great citizen and all that but what he did was uncalled for and very dirty.. wha Rafer did was good ol fashioned fun.. no harm at all.

Get off Rafers jock and recognize the truth.. if Rafer gets suspended and Fisher doesnt then the League is definitely biased towards the Lakers and borderline racist.

Heilige
05-07-2009, 02:22 PM
How would that be borderline racist?

RajonKGcelts
05-07-2009, 02:23 PM
your right. the only people who are saying fisher shouldn't get suspended is some dumb laker fans. it was much worse and it was obviously intentional. I don't care if fisher has saved 100 lives, it still warrants a suspension. idk why laker fans care so much, fisher does absolutely nothing on the court what so ever. IDK why farmar doesn't start.

Lo1a
If Fisher gets suspended for a game and no suspensions for Kobe or Artest, then that's what I expected after seeing the game and I think that's the right call. Kobe gets hit with a flagrant one on review and no suspensions other than Fisher. Good call.

KenneBell
How would that be borderline racist?
Fisher isn't black he's light beige. :roll:

Heilige
05-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Fisher isn't black he's light beige. :roll:

And Rafer isn't?? :roll: :roll:

YAWN
05-07-2009, 02:25 PM
rafer should not be suspended. should be fined.

fisher i go either way on. if he is suspended its justified. But the league has all the videos and can analyze how much scola sold the contact on the play and make its decision.

fisher will more than likely be out, but i hope they dont take rafer out for the harmless slap.

unbreakable
05-07-2009, 02:26 PM
LOL I called it racist because Fisher seems like a white guy to me...

Eldrunko247
05-07-2009, 02:26 PM
your right. the only people who are saying fisher shouldn't get suspended is some dumb laker fans. it was much worse and it was obviously intentional. I don't care if fisher has saved 100 lives, it still warrants a suspension. idk why laker fans care so much, fisher does absolutely nothing on the court what so ever. IDK why farmar doesn't start.
Same thing KG does all the time dumb ass.

Heilige
05-07-2009, 02:27 PM

How so???

mbell75
05-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Looks like Fishead is gone for game 3

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakersweb8-2009may08,0,1243101.story?track=rss

Thanks Stu-pidass, just did the Lakers a favor. Now Kobe will be bringing up the ball more and looking to score. Bad news for Houston :oldlol:

Myth
05-07-2009, 02:41 PM

I figured you meant because Rafer to House is black on black violence while Fisher to Scola is not.

unbreakable
05-07-2009, 02:46 PM
For the record I dont think either of them should be suspended

lolwut
05-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Last time I checked, Lakers had the best road record in the NBA. So whats your point?

last time I checked the Rockets aren't a good road team and we still came into LA and beat your ass in game 1

Kobe=MVP07`
05-07-2009, 02:56 PM

rondo grabbed hinrichs hand and threw him into the stands...if thats not a suspension [dont know how that wasnt a flag2] no way fish get suspended

lolwut
05-07-2009, 02:58 PM
rondo grabbed hinrichs hand and threw him into the stands...if thats not a suspension [dont know how that wasnt a flag2] no way fish get suspended

Fish is going to get suspended...what he did was extremely trashy

clayton
05-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Next game, you'll see Ron Artest coming out with a table-leg.

Killer_Instinct
05-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Next game, you'll see Ron Artest coming out with a table-leg.

:oldlol:

Showtime
05-07-2009, 03:49 PM
JA Adande with this nugget:

The explanation put forth by Fisher and advocated by Phil Jackson was that Fisher just wanted to fight through the screen and it looked worse because Scola stopped short of where Fisher expected him to be.

Uh-uh. We haven't seen someone take so long to load up since people were fighting with muskets

brandonman
05-07-2009, 04:01 PM
NO WHINING TONIGHT GUYS, ITS THE PLAYOFF'S...Nothing we can about the Refs, WE ALL just have to accept it.

There are going to be whistles out the ass tonight, on BOTH sides. AND WE ALL KNOW THERE WILL SOME BULL**** CALLS......We just have play ball.

BUT Im sure there will a Huge thread after the game, about ONE call that is the foul heard round the world.

DID I CALL IT OR DID I CALL IT!!!!!!! :rockon:

mbell75
05-07-2009, 04:08 PM
last time I checked the Rockets aren't a good road team and we still came into LA and beat your ass in game 1

You caught the Lakers on a night where no one could make any shots and the Rockets STILL barely won the game and didnt wrap it up till a few minutes left. Enjoy the Game 1 win, wont be seeing many more :D

DaCommish
05-07-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm just glad to see Fisher staying 'classy' :rolleyes:

I can't believe how many people (broadcasters included...I'm looking at you Doug Collins) are praising Fisher for his 'veteran move' of body-checking Scola. Wasn't this a similar (read similar, not same) move that Horry did to Nash a couple years ago that had everyone up in arms and calling for Horry's head. How is it that Horry is a villain and Fisher is a hero?

lolwut
05-07-2009, 04:13 PM

You caught the Lakers on a night where no one could make any shots and the Rockets STILL barely won the game and didnt wrap it up till a few minutes left. Enjoy the Game 1 win, wont be seeing many more :D

sweet prognostication weatherman

DaCommish
05-07-2009, 04:16 PM

Maybe not, but I recall that the Lakers shot an unbelievable percentage in the first quarter (including 15 pts from Kobe), had the crowd behind them, took a 15 point lead, and seemed to have victory locked up...yet it was tied at halftime. The Lakers never had the game in the bag until the fourth quarter, and this on a night when Yao took 4 shots, Artest was ejected, Wafer was tossed BY HIS OWN COACH, and the Kobe-Stopper had invisible hands. Oh yeah, and this was a Lakers home game...for some reason that doesn't add up to dominant team to me.

Orodoro
05-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Scola didn't even have the ball. Are you kidding me?

As a Lakers' fan, i can agree, that what Fisher did was totally uncalled for. I have no idea what the point of that way, and it wasn't like he was trying to avoid the pick...well we'll just see how it all goes down game 3.

EllEffEll
05-07-2009, 04:18 PM
DID I CALL IT OR DID I CALL IT!!!!!!! :rockon:

:applause: That you did, but I have a feeling this may have even exceeded your expectations :pimp:

lolwut
05-07-2009, 04:19 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/poll/index?pCat=46&sCat=437

57% say Kobe should be suspended. Including the vast majority of the US and Internationally.

70% say Fisher should be suspended including every state and Internationally.

sample size 43000 and 25000

brandonman
05-07-2009, 04:21 PM

:oldlol: There are no more Game 1's in this series
:confusedshrug:

Oh well...

mbell75
05-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Maybe not, but I recall that the Lakers shot an unbelievable percentage in the first quarter (including 15 pts from Kobe), had the crowd behind them, took a 15 point lead, and seemed to have victory locked up...yet it was tied at halftime. The Lakers never had the game in the bag until the fourth quarter, and this on a night when Yao took 4 shots, Artest was ejected, Wafer was tossed BY HIS OWN COACH, and the Kobe-Stopper had invisible hands. Oh yeah, and this was a Lakers home game...for some reason that doesn't add up to dominant team to me.

Never said the Lakers dominated. The fact remains, they are the best road team this year and they have already won twice in Houston. Anyone who thinks they cant go in there and get one is nuts. I wouldnt be surprised to see them get two if they are hitting their shots. Rockets cant generate enough offense to score with them.

brandonman
05-07-2009, 04:24 PM
:applause: That you did, but I have a feeling this may have even exceeded your expectations :pimp:

Big Time, But I

brandonman
05-07-2009, 04:26 PM

DAMN - IT cant be said any better :bowdown:

:applause: :applause: REPPED:applause: :applause:

lolwut
05-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Never said the Lakers dominated. The fact remains, they are the best road team this year and they have already won twice in Houston. Anyone who thinks they cant go in there and get one is nuts. I wouldnt be surprised to see them get two if they are hitting their shots. Rockets cant generate enough offense to score with them.

boy that's real keen insight

I bet the team that "hits their shots" will win every game from here on out!

http://smiliesftw.com/x/FFFFFFFUUUUU.png (http://smiliesftw.com)

DaCommish
05-07-2009, 04:42 PM

I agree that the Lakers are still the favorites to win, if I had to bet on this series, I'd bet on LA. BUUUUUTTTTTT, you can't rely wholly on the regular season to predict the playoffs. LA won the regular season 4-0, yet Houston still took Game 1 on the road, so all bets are off. LA could definitely win both in Houston, but I wouldn't be surprised if Houston won both either, their defense is just THAT good. That's the thing with the last line of your comment, the Rockets goal isn't to outscore the Lakers (I know, that sounds dumb cuz you DO need more points than your opponent to win), the Jazz tried this and failed miserably. The Rockets want to hold the Lakers to fewer points than they (Houston) score.

mbell75
05-07-2009, 04:48 PM
LA won the regular season 4-0, yet Houston still took Game 1 on the road, so all bets are off. LA could definitely win both in Houston, but I wouldn't be surprised if Houston won both either, their defense is just THAT good.

Lakers never had an entire week off to get rusty in the regular season did they? I dont remember that. Houston's defense didnt look too good at all last night as Kobe dropped 40 and the Lakers scored 111. Houston's defense had VERY little to do with their win in game 1. Lakers were missing wide open shots and bricking free throws, they beat themselves by how poorly they shot and played.

brandonman
05-07-2009, 04:49 PM
I agree that the Lakers are still the favorites to win, if I had to bet on this series, I'd bet on LA. BUUUUUTTTTTT, you can't rely wholly on the regular season to predict the playoffs. LA won the regular season 4-0, yet Houston still took Game 1 on the road, so all bets are off. LA could definitely win both in Houston, but I wouldn't be surprised if Houston won both either, their defense is just THAT good. That's the thing with the last line of your comment, the Rockets goal isn't to outscore the Lakers (I know, that sounds dumb cuz you DO need more points than your opponent to win), the Jazz tried this and failed miserably. The Rockets want to hold the Lakers to fewer points than they (Houston) score.

He might not catch your drift...Laker Fan's..Come on now...He still staring at the screen right now :roll:

DDensity
05-07-2009, 05:08 PM

This pretty much sums it up. Well said.

nbastatus
05-07-2009, 05:09 PM
derek dirty fisher.

mbell75
05-07-2009, 05:12 PM
derek dirty fisher.

One play makes him a dirty player? So I guess Scola is a dirty player too for that cheap shot on Odom the play before? Thats why Fisher did that to him.

nbastatus
05-07-2009, 05:16 PM
One play makes him a dirty player? So I guess Scola is a dirty player too for that cheap shot on Odom the play before? Thats why Fisher did that to him.
Yes!

D-Rose
05-07-2009, 05:16 PM
derek dirty fisher.
He's had two ejections in his entire career...

White Chocolate
05-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Dirty play by Fisher, but Scola definitely sold it at least somewhat.

gts
05-07-2009, 05:46 PM
so one quetion is, is Scola OK? he never came back after that hit by fisher...

OneMoreSucka
05-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Dirty play by Fisher, but Scola definitely sold it at least somewhat.
You are an idiot.

Lakers13
05-07-2009, 06:22 PM
According to nba.com he got the 1 game suspension.

kumquat
05-07-2009, 06:50 PM
That's what I was thinking, gets hit in the chest and holds his face. That was a soccer move, like zidane headbutted the dude in the chest at the world cup and he holds his face.

LA_Showtime
05-07-2009, 08:43 PM
You are an idiot.

People who disagree with you are stupid?

Fisher deserves this suspension. I'm not happy about it, but maybe it'll help Jordan Farmar break out of his funk.

OneMoreSucka
05-07-2009, 09:27 PM
People who disagree with you are stupid?

Fisher deserves this suspension. I'm not happy about it, but maybe it'll help Jordan Farmar break out of his funk.
Nothing to do with that, I'm calling him an idiot because he thinks Scola flopped.

KeylessEntry
05-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Scola didnt exactly "flop" but he certainly sold the call.

OneMoreSucka
05-07-2009, 09:51 PM
How? The force that Fisher used, combined with how it completely blindsided Scola makes it impossible to "sell". That was just brute force that knocked him down like that, you simply do not have enough time to react to that and "sell" it, unless he rolled around on the ground afterwards or something.

amfirst
05-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Who cares Scola got owned and Fisher got suspended moving on.

gts
05-07-2009, 10:45 PM
How? The force that Fisher used, combined with how it completely blindsided Scola makes it impossible to "sell". That was just brute force that knocked him down like that, you simply do not have enough time to react to that and "sell" it, unless he rolled around on the ground afterwards or something.he didn't sell the contact when it occured but he was laying on the ground holding his face afterwards and that's what leads many to think he was "acting" to some extent...

White Chocolate
05-07-2009, 11:31 PM

That's my point. I didn't say it was a flop. I said that he sold it and he did. And to the dude that called me an idiot, if Fisher did that to you, he would have knocked your scrawny ass into next week.

LA_Showtime
05-08-2009, 12:26 PM
How? The force that Fisher used, combined with how it completely blindsided Scola makes it impossible to "sell". That was just brute force that knocked him down like that, you simply do not have enough time to react to that and "sell" it, unless he rolled around on the ground afterwards or something.

He didn't even get hit in the face... good for him though, you've gotta sell the call in a situation like that

glidedrxlr22
05-08-2009, 12:29 PM
OK, I get it. Houston fans are saying it was a vicious blow and Laker fans are saying it wasn't that big a deal. C'mon Laker fans.......it's worse than what you're willing to admit. Some of you Laker fans I have respect for.......but even you guys are saying it was no big deal and even celebrating it. C'mon, don't turn into douche-bag Laker fans. Fisher got what he deserved for what he did. They got it right.

el_locoteee
05-08-2009, 12:50 PM
That's what I was thinking, gets hit in the chest and holds his face. That was a soccer move, like zidane headbutted the dude in the chest at the world cup and he holds his face.

Really????

Then why was fisher's head bleeding? Did he scratch him self to look like the victim. Or did Scola mouth hit his head?

tastystaci
05-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Really????

Then why was fisher's head bleeding? Did he scratch him self to look like the victim. Or did Scola mouth hit his head?

Good point. That should get Laker's fans to STFU. :lol

SCREWstonRockets
05-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Wish it was Kobe that was suspended and not Fisher. Fisher being out helps the Lakers out at the PG position.

glidedrxlr22
05-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Wish it was Kobe that was suspended and not Fisher. Fisher being out helps the Lakers out at the PG position.

I was thinking the same thing. It definitely falls into the Rockets' plan to have Fisher jacking up brick 3s. Now they'll have younger and quicker PGs playing more time and taking that defensive weapon away from the Rockets. I guess it helps too that Farmar is garbage right now too.

LA_Showtime
05-08-2009, 01:01 PM
I was thinking the same thing. It definitely falls into the Rockets' plan to have Fisher jacking up brick 3s. Now they'll have younger and quicker PGs playing more time and taking that defensive weapon away from the Rockets. I guess it helps too that Farmar is garbage right now too.

I actually think this is the perfect opportunity for Jordan Farmar to snap out of his funk. I'm excited to see how he plays tonight.

Torious
05-08-2009, 01:06 PM
OK, I get it. Houston fans are saying it was a vicious blow and Laker fans are saying it wasn't that big a deal. C'mon Laker fans.......it's worse than what you're willing to admit. Some of you Laker fans I have respect for.......but even you guys are saying it was no big deal and even celebrating it. C'mon, don't turn into douche-bag Laker fans. Fisher got what he deserved for what he did. They got it right.

According to these very forums all Lakers fans (with the exception of 2-3 posters) are douche-bags anyway, so~ :confusedshrug:

Of course he had the suspension comming, there was no way they'd let that one go. All the whining how "dirty" the Lakers are playing are pretty laughable, though.

EllEffEll
05-08-2009, 01:14 PM

To say it wasn't a viscious blow would be to miss the entire point of why Fisher did it in the first place. Viscious blow delivered, message sent.

oh the horror
05-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Viscious blow delivered, message sent.

Period.

D-Rose
05-08-2009, 05:25 PM
This is from the LA Times...

[QUOTE]Bryant now has one point

d-wade2923
05-08-2009, 05:55 PM
fisher should have been suspended for the rest of the playoffs

utahjazzrock
05-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Yah I thoguht Derek Fisher is Pres of NBA Players and Super Sportsmanship guy or something. haha.
Totally intentional. Luis Scola didnt exactly engage anything.

D-Rose
fisher should have been suspended for the rest of the playoffs
:roll: :roll: :roll:

SilkyJohnson
Who cares Scola got owned and Fisher got suspended moving on.

Yup, Scola sure got owned. How he wishes he was the one getting banned for game 3. I bet he's green with envy...

Erathia
05-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Yah I thoguht Derek Fisher is Pres of NBA Players and Super Sportsmanship guy or something. haha.
Totally intentional. Luis Scola didnt exactly engage anything.

Lol, funny to hear this from a Jazz fan. Since it was Deron Williams who did it first against the Lakers and wasn't even given a Tech. Just because he is in a position for the NBA Players Association doesn't mean he can't be a team leader and set a veteran example. Lakers first, then the NBA Players Association.