PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony Hits Game Winner To Put Denver Up 3-0! What A Shot!! He's Clutch!!

lilojmayo
02-05-2009, 12:41 AM
Melo However seems to Hit a Game Winner, about 70% of the Time he attempts one. This dude is cold blooded when it counts.

He is also #1 in Clutch Stats. http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2009020425

LOL to anybody who still thinks Bosh> Melo.

I think Melo will go down as the 2nd Best Clutch Player Ever, Nobody can Top MJ unless they hit a layup, get a steal, then hit the game winner in a game 6 in the Finals.

Discuss, Melo Place in Clutchness Now, and Vs the All Time Greats

OneMoreSucka
02-05-2009, 12:43 AM
No, he won't but as a Nuggets fan I must say it is a blessing to have him on this team in crunch time.

I thought there was no way that go-ahead layup was gonna go in, and it should've been an and1.

Godfather
02-05-2009, 12:44 AM
Come on liloj...

First Memphis will be the best team of the future and now this?

dware94
02-05-2009, 12:45 AM
no chance.. ridiculous question

Meticode
02-05-2009, 12:47 AM
Will Carmelo Anthony Go Down As GOAT Clutch Player Ever?

No.

dr8ked
02-05-2009, 12:48 AM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Koop1
02-05-2009, 12:49 AM
thread creator is a joke

OneMoreSucka
02-05-2009, 12:53 AM
Stat don't lie.

lilojmayo
02-05-2009, 12:53 AM
Come on liloj...

First Memphis will be the best team of the future and now this?

Hey, Memphis is playing possessed Now, Mayo on a mission 33 and 32 pts back to back nights :bowdown: back to back wins, lead against lakers by 12 at half.

I'm just trying to bring variety of different Players, to This Forum. Even Though Melo isn't liked by Most. People still won't give him props for how good he is. The numbers don't lie especially in the 4th. The Dude has Ice in his Veins. You guys can Have LeBron, Kobe, and Wade. With 10 sec left down by 3,2,1, or Tie Game. I want Melo taking the shot for the game.

OneMoreSucka
02-05-2009, 12:55 AM
Hey, Memphis is playing possessed Now, Mayo on a mission 33 and 32 pts back to back nights :bowdown: back to back wins, lead against lakers by 12 at half.

I'm just trying to bring variety of different Players, to This Forum. Even Though Melo isn't liked by Most. People still won't give him props for how good he is. The numbers don't lie especially in the 4th. The Dude has Ice in his Veins. You guys can Have LeBron, Kobe, and Wade. With 10 sec left down by 3,2,1, or Tie Game. I want Melo taking the shot for the game.
:pimp:

EricForman
02-05-2009, 01:00 AM
ISH needs a change from all this LeBron- Kobe Nonsense, and you guys call me an OJ Mayo homer, you guys on ISH are 10x worse when it comes to Lebron or Kobe Who is Better.

Anyway way lilojmayo to the rescue, Carmelo Hits Another Game Winner Tonight against the Thunder.:bowdown:

Kobe and MJ are Tied with 26 Game Winners even though for every Game Winner Kobe Hits he misses like 8, Not sure about Jordan Too Young to Remember.

Melo However seems to Hit a Game Winner, about 70% of the Time he attempts one. This dude is cold blooded when it counts.

I think Melo will go down as the 2nd Best Clutch Player Ever, Nobody can Top MJ unless they hit a layup, get a steal, then hit the game winner in a game 6 in the Finals.

Discuss what?

Melo has never gotten out of the first round.

And his stats in the playoffs are appalling.

For as much hate as Tmac get, at least he does good in the playoffs. Melo losts in the first round while stinking up thejoint.

GOAT Clutch player? This thread fails on so many levels its not even funny.

Psileas
02-05-2009, 01:09 AM
Hell, yeah! Let's summarize what the NBA has right now:

-The greatest scorer ever (Kobe, of course)
-The greatest NBA athlete and all-around player ever (LeBron)
-The most dominant PG ever (Paul)
and from now on
-The greatest clutch player ever (Melo)

GOAT era, by far.

brwnman
02-05-2009, 01:09 AM

Actually it's really not that funny. Especially this year where Melo has been playing hurt and is putting numbers inferior to Bosh's. But beyond the numbers, a lot of people would still prefer Bosh, because he offers more value to a team (PF to a SF). It's not laughable either way, because it definitely depends on what your team needs are. But pretty sure, Toronto nor Denver fans would want to trade their superstars for each other straight up...

NuggetsFan
02-05-2009, 01:11 AM
There is no way Carmelo Anthony will even reach the top 100 clutch players of all time until he does something in the playoffs. That being said he is really under rated this year. People only said he could score, this year he comes out and actually plays defense(still not good) but average on a good night. He is looking to pass the ball and he doesn't force anything well not as much as he use to. He is top 3 in rebounding SF, and on top of all of that he has been playing with elbow\hand injuries this season. But people still don't see that. You hear by announcers\people on forums etc about players like Brandon Roy and Kobe and other players who are extremely clutch and they are but I don't think Melo ever gets the credit he deserves. What's even more confusing is how some people think he was actually better this year most likely because they check box scores but still it's mind blowing to me. Horrible thread tho, should have just said Melo has been extremely clutch this year I don't know what made you think of all time or 2nd all time that's insane:oldlol:

brwnman
02-05-2009, 01:12 AM

and from now on

GOAT era, by far.

In addition, they've got OJ Mayo. Basketball has never seen a refreshing generation of skilled ingredients of basketball players...

HisJoeness
02-05-2009, 01:13 AM
I'll attempt to actually answer your question.

What we know is that Melo has already proven himself to be clutch on a small scale.

But as someone previously mentioned his playoff performances have left a little something to be desired. For people to elevate him into the pantheon of a Michael, Isaiah, Brid, or any other great playoff performer he's going to have to develop the ability to elevate his game when it matters most while leading his team to something significant in the postseason. Like I said before he's already done that on a small scale (regular season) so there is some precedent.

To be fair this a question that none of us could possibly answer no matter how far fetched it may be because we don't know what's going to happen in the future.

I personally think he could be labeled as a great playoff performer when the final chapter of his career is written. As for going down as the greatest to ever do it? I doubt it but anything is possible.

NuggetsFan
02-05-2009, 01:14 AM
Actually it's really not that funny. Especially this year where Melo has been playing hurt and is putting numbers inferior to Bosh's. But beyond the numbers, a lot of people would still prefer Bosh, because he offers more value to a team (PF to a SF). It's not laughable either way, because it definitely depends on what your team needs are. But pretty sure, Toronto nor Denver fans would want to trade their superstars for each other straight up...

I like Bosh and he is a very good player but he just lacks that game changing ability. When your team is down by 8 in the 4th quarter Melo is going to take over I don't see Bosh doing the same thing. But that being said I'm a Denver fan and I've had the chance to watch more of Melo so my opinion isn't 100% accurate just something I have noticed.

OneMoreSucka
02-05-2009, 01:15 AM
I'll attempt to actually answer your question.

What we know is that Melo has already proven himself to be clutch on a small scale.

But as someone previously mentioned his playoff performances have left a little something to be desired. For elevate him into the pantheon of a Michael, Isaiah, Brid, or any other great playoff performer he's going to have to develop the ability to elevate his game when it matters most while leading his team to something significant in the postseason. Like I said before he's already done that on a small scale (regular season) so there is some precedent.

To be fair this a question that none of us could possibly answer no matter how far fetched it may be because we don't know what's going to happen in the future.

I personally think he could be labeled as a great playoff performer when the final chapter of his career is written. As for going down as the greatest to ever do it? I doubt it but anything is possible.
This. Melo still has 10+ years left in this league and he has been improving since day 1, anything can happen.

brwnman
02-05-2009, 01:23 AM
I like Bosh and he is a very good player but he just lacks that game changing ability. When your team is down by 8 in the 4th quarter Melo is going to take over I don't see Bosh doing the same thing. But that being said I'm a Denver fan and I've had the chance to watch more of Melo so my opinion isn't 100% accurate just something I have noticed.

Again, that's a common misconception. Bosh's clutch stats aren't bad and he plays good throughout the game (and in the final final moments of the game - it's a wing's game - no arguing that). I get all the games that are on Altitude and I see plenty of Denver games year in and year out. It's easy to see Melo hasn't been 100% this, his shot has been off. But he's passing better, making better decisions and even boarding better. I like Melo too, but it depends on what the team needs are and everything being equal, Bosh becomes more valuable to a team more than Melo just because he is a big.

As I've said though, it all depends on team needs; but to say something as ridiculous as "LOL at anyone....." - now that's just ignorant...

RajonKGcelts
02-05-2009, 01:26 AM
70% of the time......Is that true or did you make that up out of thin air?

bada bing
02-05-2009, 01:27 AM
bosh gets the same treatment KG got when he was the only guy on his team with the wolves. KG was criticized over and over for being anti clutch and disapearing in the 4th while duncan was dominating. The thing people forget to look at is, Duncan has always had great guards/sf to play with and during the final seconds of a game, those guys are the ones that create shots and get open. The bigs get stopped and can't create a shot...

oh, and Bosh>>Carmelo any day.

NuggetsFan
02-05-2009, 01:31 AM
Again, that's a common misconception. Bosh's clutch stats aren't bad and he plays good throughout the game (and in the final final moments of the game - it's a wing's game - no arguing that). I get all the games that are on Altitude and I see plenty of Denver games year in and year out. It's easy to see Melo hasn't been 100% this, his shot has been off. But he's passing better, making better decisions and even boarding better. I like Melo too, but it depends on what the team needs are and everything being equal, Bosh becomes more valuable to a team more than Melo just because he is a big.

As I've said though, it all depends on team needs; but to say something as ridiculous as "LOL at anyone....." - now that's just ignorant...

I agree with the point that someone thinking one is much better than the other is stupid because like you said it all depends on team needs. I'd just personally take Melo because in the 4th quarter regardless if he is 5-20 that night he is going to go into attack mode and when I watch the Raptors Bosh always seems to disappear like that one game were Moon took that retarded 3. It's not even about the stats it's just something I have noticed. I haven't seen every Raptor game but I have league pass so I'll catch a few games. Personally I think the Raptors would straight up trade Bosh for Melo and it would be Denver who would turn the trade down but once again thats just my opinion.

NuggetsFan
02-05-2009, 01:32 AM
70% of the time......Is that true or did you make that up out of thin air?

It's actually pretty close to 70% I think hovering about like .640 or something along those lines.

spursdynasty420
02-05-2009, 01:34 AM
I could think of 20 more clutch players in the nba right now

A. Blackmon
02-05-2009, 01:34 AM
Kobe and MJ are Tied with 26 Game Winners even though for every Game Winner Kobe Hits he misses like 8, Not sure about Jordan Too Young to Remember.

Jordan was more clutch than Wade or Bryant.

With Wade or Bryant you know they are gonna take the final shot, but you still wonder whether they will make it.

With Jordan you knew he was gonna take the shot and you were surprised when he missed, and if he did miss you felt that the other team got lucky.

NuggetsFan
02-05-2009, 01:36 AM
I could think of 20 more clutch players in the nba right now

You can think of 20 more players who have been more clutch this year:oldlol:

Good luck.

A. Blackmon
02-05-2009, 01:59 AM
and from now on
GOAT era, by far.
:lol
Your a real jerk if you think Chris Paul is better than Magic or Zeke. How many rings does Paul have? He hasn't even made the Finals.

breadwitheggs
02-05-2009, 02:26 AM
Your a real jerk if you think Chris Paul is better than Magic or Zeke. How many rings does Paul have? He hasn't even made the Finals.
i think he was being sarcastic.....idk

brwnman
02-05-2009, 02:27 AM
I agree with the point that someone thinking one is much better than the other is stupid because like you said it all depends on team needs. I'd just personally take Melo because in the 4th quarter regardless if he is 5-20 that night he is going to go into attack mode and when I watch the Raptors Bosh always seems to disappear like that one game were Moon took that retarded 3. It's not even about the stats it's just something I have noticed. I haven't seen every Raptor game but I have league pass so I'll catch a few games. Personally I think the Raptors would straight up trade Bosh for Melo and it would be Denver who would turn the trade down but once again thats just my opinion.

Maybe if Toronto was planning on keeping JO and Bargnani which isn't the case. But then again, if Denver had no PF (meaning no K-Mart) and they had another SF on the rise like a Travis Outlaw, they would do it straight up to. It has to do more with the Raptors lack of contributing players on the wings. Joey Graham is starting to become a good rotation player, but that's all he is, a rotation player, not a dependable guy year in year out...

NugzFan
02-05-2009, 03:25 AM
man i hate threads like this. all it does it shift attention from how good melo is and how clutch he really is to talking about how stupid it is to call him the GOAT clutchest player of all time, etc crap like that.

melo is a clutch player. period. not the greatest of all time but still very good. dont use the fact that hes not THE greatest clutch player ever against him. thats stupid.

GodOfBasketball
02-05-2009, 05:52 AM
Where do people rank Melo among clutch players in the league right now? Has he been the clutchest so far? Top 5?.

Geandily
02-05-2009, 06:18 AM
Carmelo is the most accurate player in the NBA when it comes to game winning shots among players with 10 or more gamewinners.

I also believe that he's top 3 in the league in 4th quarter efficiency this year as well?

stephanieg
02-05-2009, 07:18 AM
Oh man, if the Thunder meet the Nuggets in the playoffs they're screwed. Melo has their number.

Juges8932
02-05-2009, 07:27 AM

Sarcasm...

lilmarcgasol
02-05-2009, 07:36 AM
you blind homer it is laughable because Bosh just disappears in the clutch plus only shoots soft fadeaway jumpers, the raptors would get so much better if they had Melo inplace of Bosh

Calderon
Parker
Carmelo
Bargnani
JO

you see? That is a ONE MILLION TIMES BETTER LINEUP than they one they play with Bosh.

JJ81
02-05-2009, 08:22 AM
No, I highly doubt it.

lilmarcgasol
02-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Where do people rank Melo among clutch players in the league right now? Has he been the clutchest so far? Top 5?.
1. Manu
2. Kobe
3. Carmelo
4. Roy
5. Durant

that's how I rank it, in terms of people I want taking the last shot of a game if my team's down 1 or 2.

Psileas
02-05-2009, 10:27 AM
In addition, they've got OJ Mayo. Basketball has never seen a refreshing generation of skilled ingredients of basketball players...

You're right, I forgot him. Greatest rookie scorer ever, the only rookie to score 10+ points in 5+ consecutive games, according to half the internet sources out there, breaking Magic Johnson's record of 4!

PS. Oh, wait, I found some rookies who did it in 82 consecutive games. Oh well, sh!t happens. Still, pretty close.

bruceblitz
05-09-2009, 08:04 PM
We all know Melo is clutch
(http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm)
What a shot right there though! Melo and Chauncey Billups came up huge today! That was one of the more entertaining games of the playoffs right there. Denver just ripped Dallas's heart out and stomped it flat at mid-court!

Biddy77
05-09-2009, 08:06 PM
this year's playoffs have been pretty awesome to watch :)

loved the game!

FIXED
This poster/person we call lilojmayo, is a prophet. I have seen enough. He knows what he is talking about. Lets all give him rep

Melo with a game winner game over flip flip flip.

:roll: :roll: :rockon:

NoGunzJustSkillz
well considering nobody was guarding him....b.s. no call by the refs.

rawimpact
05-09-2009, 08:08 PM
**** that... BS call, he had already raised his arm to say he commited the foul and the ref didnt call it. Stupid way to foul, worse no call

i dont see how this was clutch... it was an open shot, he too thought he was fouled.

bruceblitz
05-09-2009, 08:08 PM
well considering nobody was guarding him....b.s. no call by the refs.
I'm so sick of the negativity with the NBA fans, why does it always seem to be a Lakers/Kobe fan trying to diminish another player? It was a great shot, Melo fought through a foul, and he hit the shot, nerves of steel. Great game, Dallas had their backs to the wall and played great, Nuggets are gonna sweep the Mavs.

bruceblitz
05-09-2009, 08:09 PM
**** that... BS call, he had already raised his arm to say he commited the foul and the ref didnt call it. Stupid way to foul, worse no call

i dont see how this was clutch... it was an open shot, he too thought he was fouled.

You don't see how it was clutch?

MeloMike
05-09-2009, 08:10 PM
It's not Melo's fault the refs didn't call the foul. He did his job and made the shot. Quit downplaying the shot. Sure they missed a foul, but he made it nonetheless.

Big#50

and from now on

GOAT era, by far.
You suck. Your post was a joke right?

Rekindled
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

lol@ you stern

L8kersfan222
Dallas, I dubb thee Choke City
Carmelo clutch as f*ck!!!!!

Lebron23
05-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Dallas sucks in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Great Performance from Melo and Billups.

Dirk is the only bright spot for the Dallas Mavericks.

FIXED
05-09-2009, 08:11 PM
It's not Melo's fault the refs didn't call the foul. He did his job and made the shot. Quit downplaying the shot. Sure they missed a foul, but he made the shot nonetheless.

to that laker fan you guys are done Kobe has nothing on Melo and Billups.
The whole game the refs were on Melo's and Billups jock calling fouls on them left and right. If Melo wouldn't have hit a game winning, I would have made a thraed about how rigged this game is.

Denver Nuggets> LA Lakers and i will take on anybody who says other wise.

hotsizzle
05-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Whoever is calling BS, please stfu. That was a sick shot. Dude was struggling all game but when it mattered most, he came up big. I KNEW he was gonna make it btw.

NoGunzJustSkillz
Oh f*** off
I'm so sick of the negativity with the NBA fans, why does it always seem to be a Lakers/Kobe fan trying to diminish another player? Screw you. It was a great shot, Melo fought through a foul, and he hit the shot, nerves of steel. Great game, Dallas had their backs to the wall and played great, Nuggets are gonna sweep the Mavs.

eat a d!ck bruce blitz. it was a foul, fck the shot.

Geandily
"I DIDN'T FOUL HIM!"(throws hands up)

*3 goes in*

"OH **** YES I DID!"

L8kersfan222
05-09-2009, 08:13 PM

*3 goes in*

"OH **** YES I DID!"

GET REPPED!!!

Geandily
"I DIDN'T FOUL HIM!"(throws arms up)

*3 goes in*

"OH **** YES I DID!"

bruceblitz
eat a d!ck bruce blitz. it was a foul, fck the shot.

I'll leave that to you, you are a professional at it.

NBA, where homer ass fans happens...

Foster5k
No matter what anyone says, that was a great shot by Melo. Give him credit for playing through the play, because there was no whistle blown. It's not Melo fought that the ref didn't blow the whistle. He did the right thing, by continuing to play on.

I bet the Mavericks wouldn't be complaining, if he had missed the shot. They would of said..well good game.. you guys had a chance.. etc

Point blank... the Mavs lost the game.. not the refs.. the Mavs had opportunities to extend the lead and they didn't.

Great shot by Melo.. no one can deny that.. and smart play by him too...

Somebody get out the broom.. this going to be a sweep.. :lol

Lebron23
05-09-2009, 08:14 PM
ClutchMelo Anthony

KeylessEntry
05-09-2009, 08:14 PM
clutch indeed. What a game. I thought Dallas was going to win for sure the way the whistle was being blown in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

ChrisKreager
05-09-2009, 08:15 PM
And to think, people used to say he couldn't make big playoff shots...

FIXED
05-09-2009, 08:15 PM
anytime from now on that Melo scores and we are watching the game. Lets all hold up a 5 because he is a top 5 player. :lol

Melo to ISH

" Tell me how my a$$ taste", :lol

D-nugz
05-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Whoever says that shot ain't clutch, haha what a joke.

That's what happens when a franchise player never gets called for the foul. He's one of the only players that never gets superstar bs calls.

Quit crying Melo made a clutch shot and Mavs got burned.

OneMoreSucka
05-09-2009, 08:16 PM
YOU CAN'T BEAT US :applause: YOU CAN'T BEAT US :applause:

Al Thornton
05-09-2009, 08:17 PM
to that laker fan you guys are done Kobe has nothing on Melo and Billups.
The whole game the refs were on Melo's and Billups jock calling fouls on them left and right. If Melo wouldn't have hit a game winning, I would have made a thraed about how rigged this game is.

Denver Nuggets> LA Lakers and i will take on anybody who says other wise.

agreed liloj

HylianNightmare
05-09-2009, 08:18 PM
yeah crazy no call but melo :bowdown: :bowdown: and **** the mavs

mvp_status
05-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Its interesting because if Melo misses then time probably expires, and its Denver that got screwed because the refs didn't call the foul

FIXED
05-09-2009, 08:22 PM
agreed liloj

lilojmayo is a prophet he predicted this shat. Making threads months before saying is Melo the GOAT clutch Player. Saying he rather give the ball to Melo in the clutch instead of Kobe, Wade, or Bron we all laughing including myself. We were all very wrong.

I can't wait for his return, which i heard would be next saturday?

1~Gibson~1
1 Shot

10 threads :violin:

I truly loved watching him make that shot, but it's bittersweet because now every other thread on the first page is about Melo, the refs, or some kind of clutchness rankings that will automatically have Melo at the top because his clutch shot was the most recent.

ppierce34
Should have been a foul.

Great job by Melo to keep playing and hit the big shot.

Sriracha
05-09-2009, 08:24 PM

*3 goes in*

"OH **** YES I DID!"

:oldlol: :cheers:

GOBB
05-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Why does everyone spin threads out of the active game thread?

My guess is they crave others reading thier post so much that this is the only way to achieve it. Why would you post this in the game thread? It'll get skipped over. But if i make a thread you'll read it and maybe reply. And the replies are the same damn replies in the game thread.

RainierBeachPoet
05-09-2009, 08:31 PM
i couldnt care less who wins this series, but that was the worst (non) call at the end of the game i have seen in a long time

the mavs should have won that game

Geandily
05-09-2009, 08:32 PM
i couldnt care less who wins this series, but that was the worst (non) call at the end of the game i have seen in a long time

hahaha the worst you've seen in a long time huh? Nice

I uhh... have to watch this replay now.. *grabs a bottle of lotion* I'll be back in a few minutes guys

1~Gibson~1
05-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Damnit i cant stand it when someone makes a game-winner or clutch shot and the entire first page is filled with

Melo = GOAT

Is Melo > LeBron

Who would you rather have on your team Kobe or Melo

Lets suck on Melo's ball even more

threads.

Merge all of them please!!! :rant

lilderrickrose
05-09-2009, 08:34 PM
I'll give props to everybody who said Melo is clutch.

lilderrickrose
05-09-2009, 08:35 PM

True that was a bad no call, but how many people can hit a leaning 3 pter with 20,000 fans screaming in your ear?

xtn5021
05-09-2009, 08:36 PM
That was a sick ass shot I ain't gonna lie. It ain't Melo's fault that the foul wasn't called.

KRAYZIE
05-09-2009, 08:37 PM
True that was a bad no call, but how many people can hit a leaning 3 pter with 20,000 fans screaming in your ear?
Not many.:pimp:

Geandily
05-09-2009, 08:39 PM
I don't understand how anybody can say this is a bad call, the defender bumps melo(foul) but then raises his arms up and then looks at the ref claiming that it wasn't a foul.

Oh, but then the three goes in and now suddenly he swears that it was a foul, so what is it? He just wanted the ref on his side for every aspect of the play, it's not a foul the first time and then it is a foul when the shot goes in? What a joke of a defensive play.

How about this?:

13 fouls on the Nuggets in one quarter

Maybe instead of playing the refs and fouls he should have actually DEFENDED Carmelo? Don't stop playing until you hear the whistle, hey just like Carmelo!

lilderrickrose
05-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Who said melo GOAT?

Kevin_Garnett_5
05-09-2009, 08:42 PM
It's better than the numerous threads about Lebron/Kobe. :rolleyes:

Geandily
05-09-2009, 08:47 PM
The opinion of a Melo fanboy;

"I DIDN'T FOUL HIM!"(raises arms)

*3 goes in*

"OH **** YES I DID!"

I don't understand how anybody can say this is the "worst call they've ever seen" the defender bumps melo(foul) but then raises his arms up and then looks at the ref claiming that it wasn't a foul.

Oh, but then the three goes in and now suddenly he swears that it was a foul, so what is it? He just wanted the ref on his side for every aspect of the play, it's not a foul the first time and then it is a foul when the shot goes in? What a joke of a defensive play.

How about this?:

What about the other bumpfouls on Melo that were never called?

Maybe instead of playing the refs and fouls he should have actually DEFENDED Carmelo? Don't stop playing until you hear the whistle, hey just like Carmelo!

Every sportsfan should be on Melo's side with this, true it could have been called, but if it HAD been called would Melo have heard the whistle and thrown it? What if it had gone in? Would the same thing have played out and then the refs have called a continuation and made it a 4 point play?

This is the big what if: What if the foul had been called and the Nuggets would have inbounded with seconds left? Seems that Mavericks fans think that this "foul" happened with 0:00 on the clock, that they had a guaranteed win. Remember Carmelo's gamewinner against the Thunder earlier this year?

And the bottom line: The Mavs had no chance in this series to begin with.

brwnman
05-09-2009, 08:47 PM
The only time you should be allowed to make a thread like this when it's not in the gamethread is when you post a video/gif along with it...

lilderrickrose
05-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Series is over. I still don't think they can beat the Lakers though. Not enough size.

OneMoreSucka
05-09-2009, 08:49 PM
I think I liked Melo's dunk before better than the dagger 3. I haven't seen him throw one down like that in a while :pimp:

bruceblitz
Why does everyone spin threads out of the active game thread?

My guess is they crave others reading thier post so much that this is the only way to achieve it. Why would you post this in the game thread? It'll get skipped over. But if i make a thread you'll read it and maybe reply. And the replies are the same damn replies in the game thread.

The only time you should be allowed to make a thread like this when it's not in the gamethread is when you post a video/gif along with it...

You both spend too much time on here. If you don't want to comment on a particular thread, don't comment in one. Move along, get a life....

LBJ 4 MVP
****, I can't belive I missed this, is it up on youtube yet?

nbastatus
05-09-2009, 08:51 PM
We all know Melo is clutch
(http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm)
What a shot right there though! Melo and Chauncey Billups came up huge today! That was one of the more entertaining games of the playoffs right there. Denver just ripped Dallas's heart out and stomped it flat at mid-court!
thanks for the link.
ray allen ranked at 3rd. :pimp:

Geandily
05-09-2009, 08:51 PM
I got banned for three days when I said that they should combine the Kobe/LeBron threads...

OneMoreSucka
05-09-2009, 08:53 PM
****, I can't belive I missed this, is it up on youtube yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEwrQjM2yQo&fmt=18

Eldrunko247
05-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Lame ending. Refs are retards. Nice shot by Melo though under whacked out circumstances.

NugzFan
05-09-2009, 08:55 PM
"I DIDN'T FOUL HIM!"(throws arms up)

*3 goes in*

"OH **** YES I DID!"

exactly.

if they were trying to foul, then they should have tried harder.

the refs are not making that weak call with seconds left. if melo misses that shot, then all of dallas is celebrating the noncall. so you have to give credit to melo for a huge shot.

besides, the mavs got tons of calls earlier in the game.

OneMoreSucka
05-09-2009, 08:56 PM
I bet David Stern called Salvatore right before the possession and said "Look, they're gonna try to foul but don't call it!!!!!"

Man, **** you. **** you.

NugzFan
05-09-2009, 08:57 PM

*3 goes in*

"OH **** YES I DID!"

I don't understand how anybody can say this is the "worst call they've ever seen" the defender bumps melo(foul) but then raises his arms up and then looks at the ref claiming that it wasn't a foul.

How about this?:

Every sportsfan should be on Melo's side with this, true it could have been called, but if it HAD been called would Melo have heard the whistle and thrown it? What if it had gone in? Would the same thing have played out and then the refs have called a continuation and made it a 4 point play?

This is the big what if: What if the foul had been called and the Nuggets would have inbounded with seconds left? Seems that Mavericks fans think that this "foul" happened with 0:00 on the clock, that they had a guaranteed win. Remember Carmelo's gamewinner against the Thunder earlier this year?

well said. people are just upset because the shot went in...not because of the foul because if its not called and melo misses, they love the non cal and are happy the refs kept the whistles in their pockets. if they do make the call, then the mavs are so pissed because of a weak call with seconds left.

wright messed up. not the refs. that was not an intentional foul.

elementally morale
05-09-2009, 09:02 PM

*3 goes in*

"OH **** YES I DID!"

I agree.

SCY
05-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Wright is an idiot and has no reason to be upset with anyone but himself. That was pathetic defense, if you're trying to give a foul to give, don't give a touch foul and then hold your hands up like you didn't foul. If he had just contested the shot Mavs win.

brwnman
05-09-2009, 09:07 PM
You both spend too much time on here. If you don't want to comment on a particular thread, don't comment in one. Move along, get a life....
You spend more time than me here, so any further posts from you are invalidated. Not only that, you have some sort of OCD where you post the same thing on multiple threads in a span of 4-5 threads.

Saying Carmelo is clutch isn't news to anyone. He has been one of the most clutch players in the league for years and he has been the leader in hitting the most game winning shots in the past few years combined.

All of which you said could be put in the gamethread, but you are just an attention seeking whore so you needed a thread to validate your opinion by other posters. It's actually pretty ironic that you say "get a life." What do you do on your free time? Video tape your opinions and post it on youtube without your shirt on [do you turn yourself on when looking at yourself on youtube?], or learn the amazing act of copy and paste and just post non-stop the same thing over and over on different websites and different threads?

oh also,

go f*ck yourself...

tastystaci
05-09-2009, 09:08 PM
You've been copying and pasting this homer response in every thread, and now you start your own with it :wtf: Get bent, moron.

OneMoreSucka
05-09-2009, 09:09 PM
You've been copying and pasting this homer response in every thread, and now you start your own with it :wtf: Get bent, moron.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

JJ81
05-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Dallas should have won this

JordanL
05-09-2009, 09:10 PM

*3 goes in*

"OH **** YES I DID!"

How about this?:

I can't wait for the Nugs to get crushed by the Lakers, because Denver fans are annoying as ****.

GOBB
05-09-2009, 09:13 PM

Says the guy who announced he put me on ignore. Then after each of my replies in threads where you posted in? You made sure other posters saw the ignore message you get when an ignored poster replied in the same thread as you.

Here we are? And you are quoting my reply that no other poster did. So you cant lie and say "I accidently read another poster who quoted your response". You took me off ignore for a reason. Obviously because you want to read my posts.

So maybe it is you who should get a life? Or make another thread because you want everyone to read your thoughts or lack thereof.

"Hey guys...this is what i think"
"Hey guys its me again, more of my thoughts for you to read!"
"I know there is already a topic made but this is my thoughts. They are much better than anything else posted in that topic!"
"Screw a gamethread, my thoughts will get overlooked. Guys look, here goes my thoughts!"
"And to prove i really want everyone to pay attention to me? Check out my youtube blogs."

I need a life but you create video blogs for everyone to see. Probably get a hard on at the amount of views huh?

GOBB
05-09-2009, 09:15 PM
You spend more time than me here, so any further posts from you are invalidated. Not only that, you have some sort of OCD where you post the same thing on multiple threads in a span of 4-5 threads.

Saying Carmelo is clutch isn't news to anyone. He has been one of the most clutch players in the league for years and he has been the leader in hitting the most game winning shots in the past few years combined.

All of which you said could be put in the gamethread, but you are just an attention seeking whore so you needed a thread to validate your opinion by other posters. It's actually pretty ironic that you say "get a life." What do you do on your free time? Video tape your opinions and post it on youtube without your shirt on [do you turn yourself on when looking at yourself on youtube?], or learn the amazing act of copy and paste and just post non-stop the same thing over and over on different websites and different threads?

oh also,

go f*ck yourself...

:oldlol: I should have just cosigned your post. Ours is similar. :applause:

:cheers:

KeylessEntry

Bwnman = 7.5 posts per day

Bruceblitz = 16 posts per day

OneMoreSucka
I can't wait for the Nugs to get crushed by the Lakers, because Denver fans are annoying as ****.
Almost as bad as Portland :applause: :applause: :applause:

~primetime~
05-09-2009, 09:18 PM

He raised his hands as to say "I FOULED HIM!!!"

THEN HE EVEN STOPPED GAURDING MELO ALTOGETHER!!!

THE MAVS HAD A FOUL TO GIVE!!!

it was CLEARLY an intentional foul...

could he have fouled harder???...yeah, but the refs still screwed that up...

bruceblitz
05-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Bwnman = 7.5 posts per day

Bruceblitz = 16 posts per day
Mine is inflated due to a few Jordan debates that took place on here. To put it in perspective...

OneMoreSucka
05-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Goddamn, the Nuggets won and the Mavs didn't.

Now let's delete all these threads and watch the worthless series that is Cleveland and Atlanta.

bruceblitz
05-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Recap of this thread:
"What a bad no call"
"That wasn't clutch"
"This topic sucks"
"Why isn't this in the game thread?"
"Bruce Blitz sucks"

Typical ISH rhetoric, representin to the fullest....

brwnman
05-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Mine is inflated due to a few Jordan debates that took place on here. To put it in perspective...

Mine as well. Any other excuse?

Recap of this thread:
"What a bad no call"
"That wasn't clutch"
"This topic sucks"
"Why isn't this in the game thread?"
"Bruce Blitz sucks"

Typical ISH rhetoric, representin to the fullest....

What were you expecting?

"Awesome thread dude"
"You are right"
"I agreeth"
"All this time, I was waiting for your opinion BB, thanks for sharing, REPPED"
"Can we see you topless again in your next vid man? I had a marvelous time working my piece last time"

clearly, it didn't turn out this way. sorry...

bruceblitz
05-09-2009, 09:35 PM
:oldlol:
Mine as well. Any other excuse?

What were you expecting?

"Awesome thread dude"
"You are right"
"I agreeth"
"All this time, I was waiting for your opinion BB, thanks for sharing, REPPED"
"Can we see you topless again in your next vid man? I had a marvelous time working my piece last time"

clearly, it didn't turn out this way. sorry...

Uh, let's see if I can put this in your type of language.

Duh, uh huh, dammit Beavis, let's talk about the damn shot and how clutch Carmelo is. :hammerhead:

brwnman
05-09-2009, 09:40 PM
:oldlol:

Uh, let's see if I can put this in your type of language.

Duh, uh huh, dammit Beavis, let's talk about the damn shot and how clutch Carmelo is. :hammerhead:

Two things,

why couldn't this be in the gamethread? Unless you have a video to post [for those to see who missed it and don't wanna browse through countless pages]

secondly, there's not much to talk about because it's common ish knowledge that Melo is clutch. Not only clutch but on top of the list when it comes to clutch. Let's be honest; you wanted attention with your thread, and you got it. Congrats...

bruceblitz
05-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Two things,

why couldn't this be in the gamethread? Unless you have a video to post [for those to see who missed it and don't wanna browse through countless pages]

secondly, there's not much to talk about because it's common ish knowledge that Melo is clutch. Not only clutch but on top of the list when it comes to clutch. Let's be honest; you wanted attention with your thread, and you got it. Congrats...
Let's not throw out false accusations. Carmelo hit a memorable game winning shot and a lot of people want to talk about it. I was excited about what just happened so I created a topic on it. :hammerhead: It's called being a passionate NBA fan. Nothing to do with attention.

[QUOTE]

AznTacoLover
05-09-2009, 09:47 PM
ahhh...indeed that was hella clutch.

Mile High Crew
05-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
Almost as bad as Portland:applause: :applause: :applause:

I think every fan hates each others opponents fan. But Portland fans got some issues, did any of you Nuggets fans watch the postgame that night when we lost and that guy showed his ass on tv, I was like what the "f" ever since then I hated Portland fans.

I also hate Utah fans, and Laker fans. Those are my top 3.

Plus after this game Melo has got to be up there in the top 5 players in the league the guy is just clutch, so many last second game winning shots from the guy.

KeylessEntry
05-09-2009, 11:09 PM
What is wrong with all you haters? I am a Portland fan primarily but the Nuggets are easily my second favorite team. You Nuggets fans are giving me second thoughts though, I might have to jump bandwagons.

Killer_Instinct
05-09-2009, 11:10 PM
This is why, on an intentional foul, you wrap a guy up. That leaves no question. And you sure as hell don't stop playing D until you hear the whistle. The whole sequence was hilarious, and Cuban's/Howards reactions were comical.

OneMoreSucka
05-09-2009, 11:11 PM
What is wrong with all you haters? I am a Portland fan primarily but the Nuggets are easily my second favorite team. You Nuggets fans are giving me second thoughts though, I might have to jump bandwagons.
If fans decide what team you root for, I feel sorry for you.

w00terz
05-09-2009, 11:12 PM
This is why, on an intentional foul, you wrap a guy up. That leaves no question. And you sure as hell don't stop playing D until you hear the whistle. The whole sequence was hilarious, and Cuban's/Howards reactions were comical.

This.

MeloMike
05-09-2009, 11:13 PM

It's great that you're supporting the Nugs, but it's only natural to hate on your division rivals...

NugzFan
05-09-2009, 11:31 PM
I don't understand how anybody can say this is a bad call, the defender bumps melo(foul) but then raises his arms up and then looks at the ref claiming that it wasn't a foul.

How about this?:

13? i swaer after the announcers mentioned that stat we had 2 more.

NugzFan
05-09-2009, 11:32 PM

explain.

we are excited. nothing wrong with that.

nashisbest
05-09-2009, 11:33 PM
explain.

we are excited. nothing wrong with that.

watch billups destroy fisher

Mile High Crew
05-09-2009, 11:39 PM
To all of you who don't understand why we Nuggets fans believe that it wasn't a foul please click and read the following link:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...61#post3001461

oh the horror
05-09-2009, 11:40 PM
You know however this would have gone doesnt matter. Even if Dallas got the win, i truely do not believe they would win the series. This series is essentially shaping up to be exactly what many said it would be, especially Nuggets fans before the start of it....Nugs are more physical, have more firepower, and are just flat out stronger, and better than the Mavs, and that is all there is to it.

FIXED
05-10-2009, 01:42 AM

For a second i thought lilojmayo came back ( like we all thought), but jeff just merged the threads lol.

KRAYZIE
05-10-2009, 01:53 AM
For a second i thought lilojmayo came back ( like we all thought), but jeff just merged the threads lol.
Speaking of LilOJ, I wonder what happened to him...That cat hasn't been seen since he lost his avy bet. YOU wouldn't happen to know, would YOU?:rolleyes::lol

FIXED
05-10-2009, 01:56 AM
Speaking of LilOJ, I wonder what happened to him...That cat hasn't been seen since he lost his avy bet. YOU wouldn't happen to know, would YOU?:rolleyes::lol

Not a clue, word on the street is he is coming back next Saturday or is in jail? :confusedshrug:

KRAYZIE
05-10-2009, 01:57 AM
Not a clue, word on the street is he is coming back next Saturday or is in jail? :confusedshrug:
Why would he be in jail?:confusedshrug:

FIXED
05-10-2009, 01:59 AM
Why would he be in jail?:confusedshrug:

He hit me up a few days ago talking about going to prom and he hasn't been on since

DUI would be my guess.

FIXED
05-10-2009, 02:02 AM
back to melo, what a game the last 5 nuggets points 31 points in all. wow a star is being made right in front of our eyes.

Hugh Jass
05-10-2009, 02:04 AM
back to melo, what a game the last 5 nuggets points 31 points in all. wow a star is being made right in front of our eyes.

Always liked Carmelo Anthony. He's a top 5 talent and it's great to see him finally living up to the expectations that were placed on his shoulders coming out of college.

KRAYZIE
05-10-2009, 02:09 AM
DUI would be my guess.
Oh. Perhaps, he's got a little bit of Melo in him?:lol

KRAYZIE
05-10-2009, 02:11 AM
No doubt that he's been playing great throughout this series and the clutch shot tonight was just icing on the cake.:pimp:

laker4life310
05-10-2009, 02:24 AM
Carmelo Anthony is one of the top shooters around the 17-20 ft range. Great shot by Anthony but there should have been a foul called. The Mavs got screwed.

Nanners
05-10-2009, 04:57 AM
melo got pretty lucky cause normally he doesnt make that shot. hes gotta work on his conditioning a little bit if he wants to hit those on a nightly basis. good job avoiding the foil though.

blazerjimmy
05-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Carmelo Anthony is one of the top shooters around the 17-20 ft range. Great shot by Anthony but there should have been a foul called. The Mavs got screwed.

TOTALLY screwed!!! I wanted to vomit when it started to look like the refs were actually going to allow that shot......then they DID!!!

Absolutely ridiculous!!! The Mavs had a foul to give - they KNEW they had a foul to give and he was OBVIOUSLY fouling - the refs blew this game!!!

D-Rose
05-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Mavs got screwed but Wright should have wrapped his arms around Melo's arms, he should have fould him much harder...great job by Melo to stick with the play

Toizumi
05-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Mavs got screwed but Wright should have wrapped his arms around Melo's arms, he should have fould him much harder...great job by Melo to stick with the play

True. It didnt help that Wright threw his arms up in the air after the foul. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZsEPWbvDLI)
Great shot by Melo though....

MeloMike
05-10-2009, 11:39 AM
melo got pretty lucky cause normally he doesnt make that shot. hes gotta work on his conditioning a little bit if he wants to hit those on a nightly basis. good job avoiding the foil though.

He hits those all the time in the clutch. And what are you talking about? He plays basketball all year around with Team USA, plays big minutes night to night, and has hit numerous clutch last second shots in his career which takes pretty damn good conditioning to do. Pick something else to call Melo out on but please, don't say anything about his conditioning.

w00terz
05-10-2009, 12:25 PM

FIXED
05-10-2009, 12:55 PM

:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Id6lkaXMtA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUcZZrLpcRg&feature=related

Sriracha
05-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Bunch of haters in this thread.

Mile High Crew
05-10-2009, 02:40 PM
ESPN:

Among the Celtics' players, the lingering impression was that Wright was as much at fault as anyone because he did not commit the foul in the proper manner -- especially when he had the perfect opportunity at the moment when Anthony bobbled the ball before regaining control and sinking the game-winning shot.

Wright needs to be taught to learn to foul.

OneMoreSucka
05-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Everyone is blaming the refs but even the ABC pregame crew said it was Carlisle and Wright's fault :oldlol:

SCY
05-10-2009, 03:47 PM
I don't know if this has been talked about, but did anyone else hear the Billlups interview after the game? The woman interviewer asked something to the effect of, "Chauncey, did you know that the Mavs would try to foul Melo and that Melo would play through the contact and drain the game winning 3?" :lol Was waiting for him to say, "yes I can predict the future."

OneMoreSucka
05-10-2009, 03:48 PM
I don't know if this has been talked about, but did anyone else hear the Billlups interview after the game? The woman interviewer asked something to the effect of, "Chauncey, did you know that the Mavs would try to foul Melo and that Melo would play through the contact and drain the game winning 3?" :lol Was waiting for him to say, "yes I can predict the future."
Because Doris Burke is a complete moron....assuming that's who asked.

SCY
05-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Because Doris Burke is a complete moron....assuming that's who asked.

Her or Nancy Lieberman, I don't know or care which is which.

OneMoreSucka
05-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Her or Nancy Lieberman, I don't know or care which is which.
Oh yeah, she's even worse. So annoying sounding

Tuvi
05-10-2009, 05:31 PM
The shot was good but Wright had Melo him so he left him alone and melo drained it. You honestly think Carmelo Anthony is a better clutch player than Larry bird?

OneMoreSucka
05-10-2009, 05:37 PM
The shot was good but Wright had Melo him so he left him alone and melo drained it. You honestly think Carmelo Anthony is a better clutch player than Larry bird?
What the hell, Larry Bird's name hasn't even been mentioned in this thread...

Tuvi
05-10-2009, 05:52 PM
What the hell, Larry Bird's name hasn't even been mentioned in this thread...

Well in the begining of the thread lilojmayo says that MJ is the most clutch player ever, and that Carmelo will go down as the second. Larry bird is the closest to Michael Jordan IMO in that category, so the question was if lilojmayo really believed Carmelo Anthony is really or will be more clutch than Larry Bird.

krohm
05-10-2009, 06:07 PM
are people really that stupid? carmelo one of the best clutch players ever?
based on what? a one game knee jerk reaction that at the base of it was nothing short of total nba corruption. wtf is wrong with people

this sht has been happening for years and its getting so much worse. best recent example was the rondo foul cover up where the footage showed he had a bee line for his face and knocked that chicago player down.
then they doctor the footage to show the least incriminating footage they can.

repeat process for every single questionable scene in the nba ever. the commentators dance around these reoccuring issues and this one is another fcked example.

i love the nuggets. but dont wanna see that sht. melo was clearly grabbed and then his arms were hacked and the nba sweeps it under the carpet.

the officials are guided and always have been for the nba to be entertaining. even at the behest of fouling and travelling. wake the fck up ppl

and now games are being decided because of this garbage. :wtf:

NuggetsFan
05-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Great shot:rockon:

BirdNasty
05-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Absolutely great shot. If Im gonna foul somone, Im gonna make it happen rather than just a love tap. Knock him down, wrap him up.

Do the Mavs just lay down in game 4........might as well and I think they will.

Go Nuggs.....Broom anyone?

w00terz
05-10-2009, 07:04 PM
are people really that stupid? carmelo one of the best clutch players ever?
based on what? a one game knee jerk reaction that at the base of it was nothing short of total nba corruption. wtf is wrong with people

http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM

Melo is Top 3 this season in the clutch and has the best field goal percentage of those 3 players. Alt account ftl, chump.

krohm
05-10-2009, 10:36 PM
[url]Alt account ftl, chump.

i dont even know what 'alt account ftl' means so the chump diss doesnt really make sense, so i dont have a reply.
in regards to the stats, didnt know he has delievered a few times on clutch shots. george carl mentioned he had made a couple in the last few years in regular season. one this year (?) and another clutch shot a couple of years ago. kinda took his word for it.

i dont deny he has clutch factor ability. but as many others have said, in the finals his numbers and games have been sub par. so claiming he is one of the best clutch players of all time is ridiculous.

see how he goes as finals campaign continues..

the question i was mainly addressing was the fact it should never have even counted if it werent for the bs of late in the nba,
watch the Nuggets vs Mavericks Game 4 Lookahead on nba.com and it shows a better view of the shot than the other doctored videos. his left arm and body get hacked at 39 seconds of the video. it is very clear the referee even sees the foul happen. his head follows atoine's arm as hes hacking carmelo! this foul is undeniable and is why the nba have officially stated the officials made a mistake and had made a missed call.

“At the end of the Dallas-Denver game this evening, the officials missed an intentional foul committed by Antoine Wright on Carmelo Anthony, just prior to Anthony’s three-point basket,” Joel Litvin, NBA president of league and basketball operations, said in a statement issued by the league about two hours after the game.

listen to the Rick Carlisle post game inteview on nba.com see what he has to say about it. its total bs and its happened all year/years long and its finally started influencing the outcome of playoff games.

so, carmelo was fouled with a few seconds to go in a finals series game winning situation and the call was not made. great !

next post: GO CARMELO WHAT A SHOT!

iggy>
05-10-2009, 10:40 PM
melo holdin it down for the ricans :applause:

BigOjMayo
05-10-2009, 10:57 PM
melo holdin it down for the ricans :applause:

Why did Jeff turn the OP into this thread?

Nugget X
05-11-2009, 12:36 AM
Hyperbole aside, it's sad Melo's great shot is being lost in all the over reaction to the non call. People are acting like they just started watching b-ball yesterday. Since when does an intentional foul end a game?

The Nuggets won game 3 because Melo hit an incredible shot. No one can ever take it away from him. Those who don't want to acknowledge it are just robbing themselves of appreciating a great moment.

w00terz
05-11-2009, 12:44 AM
i dont even know what 'alt account ftl' means so the chump diss doesnt really make sense, so i dont have a reply.
in regards to the stats, didnt know he has delievered a few times on clutch shots. george carl mentioned he had made a couple in the last few years in regular season. one this year (?) and another clutch shot a couple of years ago. kinda took his word for it.

i dont deny he has clutch factor ability. but as many others have said, in the finals his numbers and games have been sub par. so claiming he is one of the best clutch players of all time is ridiculous.

next post: GO CARMELO WHAT A SHOT!

First off, I could hardly understand a word you said. Secondly, Melo has made two huge clutch shots this year in two games against OKC as well as others. The stats speak for themselves. So far in his career, he has been incredibly clutch, with people not giving him enough credit for it because he hasn't gotten past the first round. What are you talking about "finals campaign?"

NugzFan
05-11-2009, 12:58 AM
Hyperbole aside, it's sad Melo's great shot is being lost in all the over reaction to the non call. People are acting like they just started watching b-ball yesterday. Since when does an intentional foul end a game?

The Nuggets won game 3 because Melo hit an incredible shot. No one can ever take it away from him. Those who don't want to acknowledge it are just robbing themselves of appreciating a great moment.

agreed. he hit the shot of the playoffs so far. he deserves respect.

Kiarip
05-11-2009, 01:04 AM
[QUOTE=krohm]i dont even know what 'alt account ftl' means so the chump diss doesnt really make sense, so i dont have a reply.

the question i was mainly addressing was the fact it should never have even counted if it werent for the bs of late in the nba,
watch the Nuggets vs Mavericks Game 4 Lookahead on nba.com and it shows a better view of the shot than the other doctored videos. his left arm and body get hacked at 39 seconds of the video. it is very clear the referee even sees the foul happen. his head follows atoine's arm as hes hacking carmelo! this foul is undeniable and is why the nba have officially stated the officials made a mistake and had made a missed call.

Nanners
05-11-2009, 01:29 AM
well carmelo anthony was clutch for 1 day, but now glen davis is the clutchest player in the nba. sorry melo, you had a good run.

godofgods
05-11-2009, 07:15 AM
Although this was a bad call (maybe second to LJ's gay 4 point play), Melo is still a great clutch player. I have no qualms naming him alongside Jordan, Bird, and Miller.

NuggetsFan
05-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Although this was a bad call (maybe second to LJ's gay 4 point play), Melo is still a great clutch player. I have no qualms naming him alongside Jordan, Bird, and Miller.

Melo is a really clutch player, but he has not earned the right to be mentioned with players like Jordan, Bird, Miller. Hell he just got out of the first round for the first time:oldlol::rockon:

A.M.G.
05-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Melo actually avoided most of that contact. I know that the Mavs had a foul to give, I know that the foul probably should have been called anyway, but Wright really should have wrapped him up instead of just bumping him.

And you have to consider that if Melo hadn't hit that shot, the lack of a foul call would have meant the clock would have kept running, the game would have been over, and the Nuggets would have lost. The Nuggets would be the ones *****ing about the foul-to-give not being called.

And really the odds were hugely against Melo hitting that shot in that situation.

So the no call could have very easily favored the Mavs, but Melo hit an incredible shot after the whistle was NOT blown. Deal with it.

Also, did anyone else see Mark Cuban shove a cameraman out of the way on the court? :oldlol: What a tool.

krohm
05-11-2009, 06:37 PM
First off, I could hardly understand a word you said.
What are you talking about "finals campaign?"

the campaign for the nuggets in the finals.. whats difficult to understand.
ur clearly one of the idiots i was referring to earlier.

the shot was a no shot cause he was fouled. and if u actually think its just a matter of a normal foul. ur also an idiot. it was a game winning play and the ref didnt call the foul when in the video he even watches the foul being committed. it was fcking bs. how can you not understand this. no no, divert your attention to carmelo being a clutch player. WOOO WOOO GO CARMELO!

ps: carmelos a gun, hope he picks his game up in the following games and series

OneMoreSucka
05-11-2009, 06:43 PM
the campaign for the nuggets in the finals.. whats difficult to understand.
ur clearly one of the idiots i was referring to earlier.

the shot was a no shot cause he was fouled. and if u actually think its just a matter of a normal foul. ur also an idiot. it was a game winning play and the ref didnt call the foul when in the video he even watches the foul being committed. it was fcking bs. how can you not understand this. no no, divert your attention to carmelo being a clutch player. WOOO WOOO GO CARMELO!

ps: carmelos a gun, hope he picks his game up in the following games and series
I guarantee you can't make that shot.

miniharrison37
05-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Carmelo is one of the most under-rated players in the League.

FIXED
05-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Carmelo is one of the most under-rated players in the League.

http://www.treygarrison.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/captobvious-738633-747223.jpg

Coming at you at the speed of light 6.03 X10^23 m/s

Mile High Crew
05-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by FIXED

Physics baby! Took AP Physics fun class, but it was a load to remember.

Seriously though, Melo doesn't get respect as much as you think especially in the media.

Batman
05-11-2009, 09:51 PM

LOL this dude is either liloj or is trying to act like liloj so badly. The speed of light is 2.99 x 10 ^ 9 m/s. 6.03 x 10 ^23 is avogadro number which is the number of atoms in one mole.

You Fail.

hall of fame
05-11-2009, 10:05 PM
LOL this dude is either liloj or is trying to act like liloj so badly. The speed of light is 2.99 x 10 ^ 9 m/s. 6.03 x 10 ^23 is avogadro number which is the number of atoms in one mole.

You Fail.
You are awesome man!!!! Best poster on this site = Batman.

FIXED
05-12-2009, 01:41 AM
You are awesome man!!!! Best poster on this site = Batman.

Kill these Trolls, Kill these Trolls.

LOL, right after time expert when Melo throw that full court shot attempt. I thought he was going to make it, then i realized he is just super clutch, not god.

cotdt
05-12-2009, 01:52 AM
Melo was pretty clutch today with that 3 at the end but the Nuggets were cheated out of their victory just like how the Mavs were cheated out of theirs in Game 3.

FIXED
05-12-2009, 01:53 AM
Melo was pretty clutch today with that 3 at the end but the Nuggets were cheated out of their victory just like how the Mavs were cheated out of theirs in Game 4.

exactly karma i b!tch. That was a touch foul on K-Mart which decided the game basically.

Godfather
05-12-2009, 04:21 PM
exactly karma i b!tch. That was a touch foul on K-Mart which decided the game basically.

Reported for making multiple accounts.

Go **** yourself lilojmayo.

FIXED
05-13-2009, 01:16 AM
Reported for making multiple accounts.

Go **** yourself lilojmayo.

i just his follower, just check our IP Addresses they aren't the same.