PDA

View Full Version : where do you buy pig intestines

GUUS
05-11-2009, 07:24 AM
i need to buy pig intestines damnlocal butcher doesnt have any it used to but then a week ago it got bought out by muslims and became a halal butcher so where do you buy pig intestines

Knuck the Ficks
05-11-2009, 07:49 AM
http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/may2009/1/6/andres-iniesta-450-188463129.jpg

chains5000
05-11-2009, 08:04 AM
:roll:
I was expecting something like that :roll:

rufuspaul
05-11-2009, 08:07 AM
i need to buy pig intestines damnlocal butcher doesnt have any it used to but then a week ago it got bought out by muslims and became a halal butcher so where do you buy pig intestines

:wtf: I don't really want to know what you want with said intestines.

chains5000
05-11-2009, 08:12 AM
:wtf: I don't really want to know what you want with said intestines.
Never eaten some?

rufuspaul
05-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Never eaten some?

I probably have without knowing it. :lol

chains5000
05-11-2009, 09:17 AM
I probably have without knowing it. :lol
Anything but pig's hair is good to eat.

Manute for Ever!
05-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Intestines taste good, kinda like squid when you fry it.

NotYetGreat
05-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Pig intestines! Yey!:D I love them when cooked in Dinuguan.

Anyway, it sucks that your butcher doesn't have it. Groceries definitely don't. There another meat shop nearby?

JJ81
05-11-2009, 09:42 AM
I don't.

Dasher
05-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Go to a meat market in the "hood" and ask for some chitterlings or chitlins.

DukeDelonte13
05-11-2009, 12:16 PM
my family buys them to make sausages. Sometimes big chain grocery stores carry them, just call and see, they might even be able to point you in the right direction if they don't carry them. Here's a tip, if you are using them for casings soak them in water with lemons in it, it makes them stronger for some reason.

AznTacoLover
05-11-2009, 12:18 PM
I think asian oriental markets sell them. but why do you need them? :lol

rufuspaul
05-11-2009, 12:36 PM
If it's for sausage, any butcher will have "casings." Maybe that's what the OP means.

boozehound
05-11-2009, 12:58 PM
most of those are plastic derived these days. Are you looking for sausage casings or menudo-cooking type intestines? Asian markets are always a good place to start, you can even get pig uterus if you have a good one. Is there a meat processing facility in your area (someone who processes deer/etc - legally)?

Dasher
05-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Pig uterus? Ewww...

boozehound
05-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Pig uterus? Ewww...
yeah, I almost bought it once. I was like "WTF is that? Whats pig uteri..... oh, gross." still dont knock it till you've tried it. Texture of liver, flavor of bacon. mmmmn

JtotheIzzo
05-11-2009, 02:06 PM
wherever the non-white, non-English speaking people congregate in your area.

rufuspaul
05-11-2009, 02:07 PM
wherever the non-white, non-English speaking people congregate in your area.

The bus depot?

jbot
your grocery store doesn't have chitterlings? they come in buckets are smell absolutely horrible when they're cooked and taste even worse when eaten.

my wife and i get in arguments when she cooks that crap. she hasn't done it in a while though.

i also don't get how that soccer pic relates to the topic.:confusedshrug:

i seen hippos
Polish place sells them where I live.

i also don't get how that soccer pic relates to the topic.:confusedshrug:

You gotta read the champions league thread.lol

phoenix18
05-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Why would you eat that?? That stuff is not good for you. Come on man pigs are not supposed to be eaten.

rufuspaul
05-11-2009, 02:24 PM
http://www.onemedicine.tuskegee.edu/DigestiveSystem/Images/SmallIntestine/Porcine/pig_intestines.jpg

mmmmmmm

Amigo
05-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Puerto Ricans make a dish with pin intestines called "blood sausage". A bit of the blood, rice and some seasonings. Delicious.

Dasher
05-11-2009, 02:41 PM
yeah, I almost bought it once. I was like "WTF is that? Whats pig uteri..... oh, gross." still dont knock it till you've tried it. Texture of liver, flavor of bacon. mmmmnWell I actually hate both liver and bacon. So no pig womb for me.

rufuspaul
05-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Well I actually hate both liver and bacon. So no pig womb for me.

Come on Dash, a little mayonaise in the cavity and you're good to go.

Dasher
05-11-2009, 02:57 PM
I just threw up a little. Chef Rufus, how would YOU go about preparing pig uterus?

rufuspaul
05-11-2009, 03:03 PM
I just threw up a little. Chef Rufus, how would YOU go about preparing pig uterus?

Not a big fan of the organ meats, foie gras excluded. If it's like liver as Boozehound said, I would go for a saute and then a tart fruit reduction sauce, currants for example, that would add a little acidity and possibly make you forget you were eating offal.

i seen hippos
05-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Eating liver is degrading to one's self.

Dasher
05-11-2009, 03:05 PM
What wine would you pair with the uterus? And do you have a desert that could go with it?

pete's montreux
05-11-2009, 03:09 PM
What don't you like about bacon?

Not liking bacon? Totally un-American! :oldlol:

rufuspaul
05-11-2009, 03:10 PM
What wine would you pair with the uterus? And do you have a desert that could go with it?

Well again I've never had it, but I'm thinking that it would be a starter or "amuse bouche." Something like this:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/46/171942688_2deb1a3cc6.jpg

Best with champagne or a chilled vodka. Desert would depend on your main course.

Dasher
05-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Well I am Bahamian. I just don't like pork period. The smell of it cooking is enough to ruin my day. Bacon has an awful taste, and I don't understand why Americans put it on everything. When they want to improve a dish, the first thought is to throw some bacon and/or cheese on that mothaf*cker.

Rasheed1
05-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Well I am Bahamian. I just don't like pork period. The smell of it cooking is enough to ruin my day. Bacon has an awful taste, and I don't understand why Americans put it on everything. When they want to improve a dish, the first thought is to throw some bacon and/or cheese on that mothaf*cker.

co-signed....

pork makes me ill too...

i seen hippos
05-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Pork makes my mom sick too. She's obviously not as white as I thought she was.:oldlol:

pete's montreux
05-11-2009, 03:40 PM
That's true about putting bacon on everything. :oldlol:

My brother makes bacon sandwiches all the time.

boozehound
05-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Why would you eat that?? That stuff is not good for you. Come on man pigs are not supposed to be eaten.
yeah, they were domesticated for their milk. Everyone knows that.

rufuspaul
05-11-2009, 04:10 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

boozehound
05-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Not a big fan of the organ meats, foie gras excluded. If it's like liver as Boozehound said, I would go for a saute and then a tart fruit reduction sauce, currants for example, that would add a little acidity and possibly make you forget you were eating offal.
I actually didnt buy or taste the uterus. I was just joshing you (and recalled Dashass's aversion to the swine). I think its generally slow cooked (like a braise or stew). Not sure, since its smooth muscle rather than skeletal muscle.

As for blood sausage (or pudding), I've yet to eat any I havent loved (dont think ive had any PR though, just Irish and scottish). Mmmmn blood

boozehound
05-11-2009, 04:14 PM
*****. I have a girlfriend who was around last fall when I was butchering a hog. she claims she still cant eat any pork products (and shes a lousiana girl with all the associations and pork dependence in their dishes). Me, on the other hand, raised a pig named pinchy just so I could say "I wish pinchy were here to enjoy this" while I ate her. For the record, I didnt eat the uterus. Just let rufus borrow it to fill with his Manyonaise.

rufuspaul
05-11-2009, 04:19 PM
*****. I have a girlfriend who was around last fall when I was butchering a hog. she claims she still cant eat any pork products (and shes a lousiana girl with all the associations and pork dependence in their dishes). Me, on the other hand, raised a pig named pinchy just so I could say "I wish pinchy were here to enjoy this" while I ate her. For the record, I didnt eat the uterus. Just let rufus borrow it to fill with his Manyonaise.

Pinchy had one hell of a uterus. Kelly Clarkson would be jealous.

phoenix18
05-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Actually they were domesticated for sanitation purposes. In large cities before trash trucks pig were used to clean up the streets.

Lebowsky
05-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Actually they were domesticated for sanitation purposes. In large cities before trash trucks pig were used to clean up the streets.

That, and to relieve lonely men whenever they were feeling intimate.

beasly15
05-11-2009, 08:35 PM
hell yeah some tripa tacos... can't go bad with that.

just go to any mexican meat market.

boozehound
05-11-2009, 08:39 PM
they are still used for that. But if you think the initial domestication (which occurred long before urbanization) was for garbagemen......

and goats were domesticated to clear fields and fertilize.

NotYetGreat
05-12-2009, 03:14 AM

I like to cook and bake and all, but I have no idea what you just said. :wtf:

Anyway, maybe you should call your local grocery and ask them to ask their supplier for some, if you still haven't found it.

Dasher
05-12-2009, 01:37 PM
I wanted to raise something to eat and name it pinchy, but I don't have the time or space for fish farming right now. Maybe I should grow a Scotch Bonnet tree, but it won't be the same as killing and gutting an animal for a meal.

i seen hippos
05-12-2009, 01:42 PM
I wanted to raise something to eat and name it pinchy, but I don't have the time or space for fish farming right now. Maybe I should grow a Scotch Bonnet tree, but it won't be the same as killing and gutting an animal for a meal.

Be careful man. They say you do it once and you never stop. Slippery slope.

boozehound
05-12-2009, 01:42 PM
ducks or chickens are pretty easy and minimal equipment. the issue with fish (or lobster) is the tank and all the maintenance. What about a little dove in a housecage? Texans eat that **** all the time. you get two super tiny breasts (which they generally wrap in bacon) and toss the rest of this really tiny bird. seems like a waste of birdshot to me. or a snake. or a rabbit.

Dasher
05-12-2009, 01:44 PM
I raised, brutally murdered, and consumed a goat when I was a youngster. I have also killed my share of chickens and turkeys back in the day.

boozehound
05-12-2009, 01:45 PM
or, even better, you can buy a cow (or a share of a cow) and have it raised by a local farmer. then take it to the butchers. you wouldnt get to kill it yourself, but at least you would have a connection with it while you were eating high quality beef all winter long. and think how many times you'd be able to say "I wish pinchy were here to enjoy this".

i seen hippos
05-12-2009, 01:47 PM
I raised, brutally murdered, and consumed a goat when I was a youngster. I have also killed my share of chickens and turkeys back in the day.

I wanna say "white people:rolleyes: " right now......but the wonders of the URL image function has made this impossible.

boozehound
05-12-2009, 01:49 PM
I wanna say "white people:rolleyes: " right now......but the wonders of the URL image function has made this impossible.
yeah, cause actually having an association with where you food comes from is so lame. I'd much rather eat a chicken that has been confined its whole life, butchered in a hurry and shipped frozen to me from a thousand miles away. stupid people actually raising and eating animals.

i seen hippos
05-12-2009, 01:50 PM
yeah, cause actually having an association with where you food comes from is so lame. I'd much rather eat a chicken that has been confined its whole life, butchered in a hurry and shipped frozen to me from a thousand miles away. stupid people actually raising and eating animals.

You obviously missed the "raised from a baby and then brutally murdered" part.

Dasher
05-12-2009, 02:05 PM
The goat was well taken care of up until I decided that it was curry goat time. I primarily fed him beer, walked him, and avoided letting him eat garbage. He was delicious. Young Michael Jordan the GOAT, will be missed. Killing him was difficult. He knew what was about to happen, and struggle. My brothers and I wrestled him down, bound his legs, and I slashed his throat. He suffocated on his own blood. It was grisly. I wish I could have cloned his taste. I also sold his balls to my neighbor. Some people like to grill and eat them. The Dash Mane does not.

i seen hippos
05-12-2009, 02:06 PM
The goat was well taken care of up until I decided that it was curry goat time. I primarily fed him beer, walked him, and avoided letting him eat garbage. He was delicious. Young Michael Jordan the GOAT, will be missed. I wish I could clone his taste. I also sold his balls to my neighbor. Some people like to grill and eat them. The Dash Mane does not.

Isn't fondling said balls and cutting them off just as bad?:oldlol:

Dasher
05-12-2009, 02:10 PM
The balls were not fondled. They were lopped off in a quick and easy motion, thrown in a bag, and sold to my neighbor. I had actually bought the kid from him. He used to keep his goats in a converted-school bus barn thing. I built the guy a nice shed, my carpentry game is on point, so he had a nice pad. Gutting him was a chore. The same neighbor bought his intestines and stomach.

i seen hippos
05-12-2009, 02:13 PM
I ain't ever gonna touch no animals balls. That's a hippos guarantee.

There's a better chance I accidently touch a dude's balls one drunken night while double teaming a girl.

Dasher
05-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Touching the Young Michael's balls was not that big of a deal. I did not view the goat sexually, so lopping off his balls was not a big deal. I just had no plans to eat them, as I only eat certain parts of animals. I hear good things about the taste of goat balls though. For some people they are a delicacy.

ElPigto
05-12-2009, 02:24 PM
hell yeah some tripa tacos... can't go bad with that.

just go to any mexican meat market.

That's usually cow intestines homeboy.

I use to love them as a kid but for some reason I don't touch that stuff anymore. I remember my grandma made me taste liver once, man that sh!t was nasty.

i seen hippos
05-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Touching the Young Michael's balls was not that big of a deal. I did not view the goat sexually, so lopping off his balls was not a big deal. I just had no plans to eat them, as I only eat certain parts of animals. I hear good things about the taste of goat balls though. For some people they are a delicacy.

^ "Touched" Michaels balls.:oldlol:

boozehound
05-12-2009, 02:43 PM
The goat was well taken care of up until I decided that it was curry goat time. I primarily fed him beer, walked him, and avoided letting him eat garbage. He was delicious. Young Michael Jordan the GOAT, will be missed. Killing him was difficult. He knew what was about to happen, and struggle. My brothers and I wrestled him down, bound his legs, and I slashed his throat. He suffocated on his own blood. It was grisly. I wish I could have cloned his taste. I also sold his balls to my neighbor. Some people like to grill and eat them. The Dash Mane does not.
yeah, killing the animal is the hardest part (emotionally or whatever). Still, you know they had a good life and you raised them to eat them. I killed a mother pig in front of her youngins once. They did not like me after that. Funny, I killed the dad in front of all of them (mom and kids) and they didnt really care. But the ones that are almost pet like (the mom pig was like that) are the hardest. I couldnt kill our milkgoats. Sold em instead.