PDA

View Full Version : Knicks PROMISE Curry: "We want you!"

bagelred
05-11-2009, 09:20 AM
http://www.nbadraft.net/node/5605

A rumor that has been gaining steam is that the Knicks will select Stephen Curry with their 8th pick. We've received word that there could be truth to this from inside sources claiming that Curry chose to put his name into the draft this year based on the Knicks assuring Curry that they would use their lottery selection to draft him.

What? Who did you think I meant?

wang4three
05-11-2009, 09:34 AM
That may be good for him, D'Antoni is the ultimate guard conscious coach.

smith
05-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Hehe, you got me.

Toizumi
05-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Hehe, you got me.

:oldlol: me 2

NuggetsFan
05-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Probably the best situation for him. I think he'd be pretty good in that system.

mattevans11
05-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Hehe, you got me.

+ 1:roll:

fatboy11
05-11-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm not crazy about him in the NBA. In any system.

indiefan23
05-11-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm not crazy about him in the NBA. In any system.

How can't you be crazy about him? He's undersized but his footwork is better then almost all NBA players and he can shoot the lights out. His passing game has gotten way better this year.

He's 6'3" which is the same as Eric Gordon, plays the same game and already played it better last year then EG. Even if Curry's ceiling is shooter off the bench how don't you want that on your team? He 'will' win big games for you so if you draft him and he's just a shooter, you get dibs on a low cost assassin from long range. You win.

fatboy11
05-11-2009, 01:42 PM
How can't you be crazy about him? He's undersized but his footwork is better then almost all NBA players and he can shoot the lights out. His passing game has gotten way better this year.

He's 6'3" which is the same as Eric Gordon, plays the same game and already played it better last year then EG. Even if Curry's ceiling is shooter off the bench how don't you want that on your team? He 'will' win big games for you so if you draft him and he's just a shooter, you get dibs on a low cost assassin from long range. You win.Yeah, sure, he could be that. He could also be like any number of the other college scorer/shooter types that don't pan out. Right? That's just as likely a possibility as what you mentioned.

I just don't get a good feeling about him. Could I be wrong? Of course. But so could you so let's not act like he's some kind of slam dunk. Especially when we're talking about the 8th pick in the draft.

Styles p
05-11-2009, 01:58 PM
loll i thought this was gonna be about eddy.

StroShow4
05-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Hah, you got me. :oldlol:

indiefan23
05-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Yeah, sure, he could be that. He could also be like any number of the other college scorer/shooter types that don't pan out. Right? That's just as likely a possibility as what you mentioned.

I just don't get a good feeling about him. Could I be wrong? Of course. But so could you so let's not act like he's some kind of slam dunk. Especially when we're talking about the 8th pick in the draft.

I dunno, of course he could bust. But I'm not really sure how. I do kind of think he's a slam dunk. Lots and lots of guards in the NBA make a career shooting off screens 'n since he's more or less perfect at working screens for shots I dunno why he wouldn't be able to do that in the NBA. Thats just my honest opinion?

Which players are you thinking of who couldn't play in the big league?

InspiredLebowski
05-11-2009, 02:07 PM
What up with Danilo, he gonna be healthy next year?

fatboy11
05-11-2009, 02:12 PM
I dunno, of course he could bust. But I'm not really sure how. I do kind of think he's a slam dunk. Lots and lots of guards in the NBA make a career shooting off screens 'n since he's more or less perfect at working screens for shots I dunno why he wouldn't be able to do that in the NBA. Thats just my honest opinion?

Which players are you thinking of who couldn't play in the big league?Bryce Drew, Trajan Langdon and Luke Jackson immediately come to mind.

But make no mistake, when I say that guy might not "pan out", I'm not necessarily saying the guy won't have a career in the NBA, maybe even a long one. "Pan out" usually means that a guy comes with a certian amount of hype or high regard and that regard/hype translates accordingly to the next level. That's where I see the problem with Curry. I don't think he'll be as good as a lot of people think he'll be in the NBA.

But like you said, he's a shooter and that's a valuable assest. That only could earn him a long career.

Dresta
05-11-2009, 02:18 PM
He'd be awesome in D'Antoni's system.

Dasher
05-11-2009, 02:23 PM

He's 6'3" which is the same as Eric Gordon, plays the same game and already played it better last year then EG. Even if Curry's ceiling is shooter off the bench how don't you want that on your team? He 'will' win big games for you so if you draft him and he's just a shooter, you get dibs on a low cost assassin from long range. You win. :oldlol: Even in a shallow draft, picking him 8th is preposterous. Better than EG, when, how, where?

fatboy11
05-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Dash, how is that in your avatar?

Dasher
05-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Dash, how is that in your avatar?Paul Mooney or the tag? I replaced the i in shit with an exclamation point.

InspiredLebowski
05-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Dash, how is that in your avatar?

Looks like Paul Mooney. It's who I always picture behind the keyboard when I see Dasher post.

indiefan23
05-11-2009, 02:45 PM
:oldlol: Even in a shallow draft, picking him 8th is preposterous. Better than EG, when, how, where?

As a pure shooter Curry is over Gordon. Have you not watched?

Dasher
05-11-2009, 02:49 PM
As a pure shooter Curry is over Gordon. Have you not watched?No he is not. Gordon gets beautiful elevation on his shot and is better at catching and shooting. Curry is an incredibly streaky set shooter. Gordon has better handles, and has every single physical advantage over except possibly length. Put Eric on a Southern Conference team and tell him to take as many shots as he pleases, he would have put up much better numbers than Curry because he can get to the rack at will with both athleticism, and herky jerky moves.

fatboy11
05-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Paul Mooney or the tag? I replaced the i in shit with an exclamation point.That's what I thought.

Sweet.

Blue&Orange
05-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Knicks promised Chandler the same thing, he got picked and it's been going well, so...

/wait and see mode on

fatboy11
05-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Knicks promised Chandler the same thing, he got picked and it's been going well, so...

/wait and see mode onThat was different, though. Wilson Chandler wasn't promised a spot in the top 10.

indiefan23
05-11-2009, 03:21 PM
No he is not. Gordon gets beautiful elevation on his shot and is better at catching and shooting. Curry is an incredibly streaky set shooter. Gordon has better handles, and has every single physical advantage over except possibly length. Put Eric on a Southern Conference team and tell him to take as many shots as he pleases, he would have put up much better numbers than Curry because he can get to the rack at will with both athleticism, and herky jerky moves.

Umm... I totally disagree. I didn't mention numbers once. Curry's footwork is impecable. With a pro team and a coach like D'Antoni to use him he will be an awesome. I refuse to use a term like 'herky jerky' to analyze a player.

Steph is going to kill people for his whole career. Eric Gordon, whom I'm a big fan of, don't get me wrong, will tail off when he loses any of his athleticism even by a half a step. Steve Francis used to be insane too, remember. Undersized athletic scoring guards not named Allen Iverson have incredibly short career paths.

'n I don't know how you slam Curry for playing in a small conference when Gordon plays for the Clippers. Curry proved himself playing big time competition. He can ball.

Dasher
05-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Going 1-12 from deep is proving yourself. Curry is a smaller Robert Vaden with at great deal of pub because he was this year's chosen it guy. If your team picks him in the top 10, the GM should be fired. Every year there are comparable talents to Steph who go undrafted. He is not worth a first round pick, let alone a lottery pick.

kumquat
05-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Kid is going to get abused by every guard in the NBA.

indiefan23
05-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Going 1-12 from deep is proving yourself. Curry is a smaller Robert Vaden with at great deal of pub because he was this year's chosen it guy. If your team picks him in the top 10, the GM should be fired. Every year there are comparable talents to Steph who go undrafted. He is not worth a first round pick, let alone a lottery pick.

I really do wish we were friends, cuz in 5 years I'll have insta-smack to go to any time you want to disagree with me. "yea, remember when you said Stephen Curry shouldn't be drafted in the top 10 of a brutally weak draft year, was a smaller Robert Vaden and wasn't much different then all the shooters who go undrafted?" "yea?" "Well, same thing." "Hey, you know his father sank more 3's in a season then anyone and had a 15 year career, right?" "yea, I knew that" "just checking"

It'd be great to bring up every time Curry sinks a dagger vs some team that didn't fight through a screen after a double team on their star during some huge playoff moment. That's beyond the fact that he's most likely capable of backing up PG too. Anyway...

wang4three
05-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Come on now, Curry isn't as bad as people are putting him out to be. He'll be a fine player in D'Antoni's system. If D'Antoni could turn Barbosa, a guy who has virtually no point guard skills into the 6th man of the year, he shouldn't have problems with making Curry a serviceable player.

indiefan23
05-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Come on now, Curry isn't as bad as people are putting him out to be. He'll be a fine player in D'Antoni's system. If D'Antoni could turn Barbosa, a guy who has virtually no point guard skills into the 6th man of the year, he shouldn't have problems with making Curry a serviceable player.

Yea, exactly. How is saying that he's going to be small defensively on a Mike D'Antonio team make any sense? If guys like Boobie Gibson/Derek Fischer/Steve Kerr and hey, why not say Dell Curry, can be shooters on finalist/championship teams what reason in the world you would give for saying Stephen Curry could not?

He's already been looked over once when no major programs would take him. He destroyed some of those schools in the tournament. Curry's not going to shut anyone down but I can tell you one thing: there are going to be some teams killed by him.

iDunk
05-11-2009, 04:11 PM
I hope he turns out like Ben Gordon with a passing ability.

Rookie averages:

12 PPG
4.5 APG
1.2 SPG

fatboy11
05-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Come on now, Curry isn't as bad as people are putting him out to be. He'll be a fine player in D'Antoni's system. If D'Antoni could turn Barbosa, a guy who has virtually no point guard skills into the 6th man of the year, he shouldn't have problems with making Curry a serviceable player.There's noticeable athleticism separating Barbosa and Curry, though. Not to say that should be a sticking point, but Barbosa has been as good as he is because he's fast and good at playing the passing lanes. For whatever reason, Curry just strikes me as a weak player when I think in terms of the NBA. I think that tournament run in '08 did wonders for his draft stock, but in the end, will earn him the label of "bust". Especially if the Knicks take him in the top 8.

I'm not really concerned about his ability to play point guard because too many guys have come in and shown that undersized shooter/scoring guards and be successful in the NBA. The only thing about that is that I would feel more comfortable if Curry had more explosiveness and strength.

wang4three
05-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Well I don't mean he's exactly the same as Barbosa, but in a spread offense that D'Antoni does I'm sure he can find a way to make Curry very productive. The team screen and rolls as much as any team in the league and if D'Antoni is good at anything it's getting the ball to where it best fits his players. I'm sure he'll find a way to get Curry the ball where he likes it, whether it's off curls, screens, or just plain being open.

Barbosa looks like a shell of his former self under new coaching staff while Nate Robinson is looking ridiculously better than he has in any of his previous season with the Knicks. This system is just very, very guard friendly.

fatboy11
05-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Well I don't mean he's exactly the same as Barbosa, but in a spread offense that D'Antoni does I'm sure he can find a way to make Curry very productive. The team screen and rolls as much as any team in the league and if D'Antoni is good at anything it's getting the ball to where it best fits his players. I'm sure he'll find a way to get Curry the ball where he likes it, whether it's off curls, screens, or just plain being open.

Barbosa looks like a shell of his former self under new coaching staff while Nate Robinson is looking ridiculously better than he has in any of his previous season with the Knicks. Essentially, if you can shoot and move freely, you will be a successful player under D'Antoni.Good points. It appears this will be put the test.

oh the horror
05-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Dont the Knicks have enough gaurds?

wang4three
05-11-2009, 04:26 PM

Not exactly. Duhon and Nate played a lot of minutes and I think at the end of season Duhon was pretty much worn out and Nate's engine was beginning to stall. D'Antoni loves to play small ball, so I don't think having too many guards will ever be a problem for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a line up of Duhon, Robinson, Curry in for stretches just for mismatch purposes.

The only thing I wonder about is how D'Antoni treats his rookies. He's never really been tested. It seemed like forever till Gallinari actually broke into the rotation and I think he's a better player than Steph.

wang4three
05-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Good points. It appears this will be put the test.

Just looked up Barbosa's stats and they seem identical to previous seasons, perhaps I was wrong there. However, it may just be me, but I felt he was a different player this season than before.

fatboy11
05-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Just looked up Barbosa's stats and they seem identical to previous seasons, perhaps I was wrong there. However, it may just be me, but I felt he was a different player this season than before.I wouldn't say you were off. The Suns as a team seem to be a shell of themselves since Mike left.

indiefan23
05-11-2009, 04:34 PM
I wouldn't say you were off. The Suns as a team seem to be a shell of themselves since Mike left.

Since they traded Marion. Stupid move. They should have traded Amare. Mistake.

NYK-Bball
05-11-2009, 04:51 PM
He,Earl Clark and Jennings are the only people i would want on the knicks in that area.So good to hear.

bagelred
05-11-2009, 08:26 PM

Um....what? The Knicks have NO GUARDS past 2010 right now. As of right now, only Gallinari, Chandler, Curry, and Jeffries are signed passed this year. None of them guards.

I'm praying Knicks get top 3 pick, because they could use Rubio. It sounds like Curry will a great shooter in the league, but picking him 8 or 9 sounds like a stretch.....

Just his last name gives me the willys........shuddering...........

On the bright side, they should just give him Eddy's number so no one has to buy another jersey. In these economic times, its nice the Knicks are being efficient. Also, Lebron will be taking Jerome James' number as well.

FireMcFailPlease
05-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Itd be an interesting fit for D'antoni, but this likely a smokescreen especially with the lottery not even occuring yet

phoenix18
05-11-2009, 08:31 PM
This is just for the 2010 sweepstakes.

Knuck the Ficks
05-11-2009, 08:40 PM
If we choose Curry at #8 then I'll be pissed. If the Knicks trade down for him then I guess that would be OK. I still don't see how he's miles ahead of someone like J.J Redick. Redick's not bad but he shouldn't have been picked in the lottery.

With all that said this article is probably bullshit because of this:

Itd be an interesting fit for D'antoni, but this likely a smokescreen especially with the lottery not even occuring yet

Teams have moved from #8 into the top three in the past. Giving a kid a promise before the lottery has even taken place would be asinine.

indiefan23
05-11-2009, 08:50 PM

It could be their attempt to get someone else ahead to take him huh? I think Curry will be a totally solid NBA player. I dunno what his ceiling is but lesser players have been all stars. Either way, if you pick a solid player with the 8'th pick and you're pretty sure he'll be taht, isn't that better then a player who might be more, but you're less sure about?

Al Thornton
05-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Got me ******* :roll: .

indiefan23
05-11-2009, 08:53 PM
If we choose Curry at #8 then I'll be pissed. If the Knicks trade down for him then I guess that would be OK. I still don't see how he's miles ahead of someone like J.J Redick. Redick's not bad but he shouldn't have been picked in the lottery.

Hmm... Reddick was a great college shooter but I don't think his footwork was really the same. He was on an amazing team run by an amazing coach. I think Curry is more clutch too honestly. JJ had huge games but I don't think he had the same drive game. Or Curry's ability play point which should improve.

bagelred
05-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Teams have moved from #8 into the top three in the past. Giving a kid a promise before the lottery has even taken place would be asinine.

Chicago only had a 1.7% chance of getting top pick last year, so it happens.

Knicks have a 10% chance of moving into top 3 spot. Need a little Patrick Ewing luck.....

Dasher
05-11-2009, 10:31 PM
I really do wish we were friends, cuz in 5 years I'll have insta-smack to go to any time you want to disagree with me. "yea, remember when you said Stephen Curry shouldn't be drafted in the top 10 of a brutally weak draft year, was a smaller Robert Vaden and wasn't much different then all the shooters who go undrafted?" "yea?" "Well, same thing." "Hey, you know his father sank more 3's in a season then anyone and had a 15 year career, right?" "yea, I knew that" "just checking"

It'd be great to bring up every time Curry sinks a dagger vs some team that didn't fight through a screen after a double team on their star during some huge playoff moment. That's beyond the fact that he's most likely capable of backing up PG too. Anyway...Stephen is not his father. They also do not have the same style jumper. The Robert Vaden comparison is apt. They are both streaky shooters who are mediocre to below average in every other aspect of the game.

lil_miketaylor
05-11-2009, 11:33 PM

He's 6'3" which is the same as Eric Gordon, plays the same game and already played it better last year then EG. Even if Curry's ceiling is shooter off the bench how don't you want that on your team? He 'will' win big games for you so if you draft him and he's just a shooter, you get dibs on a low cost assassin from long range. You win.

Your kidding me right? Gordon is light years ahead of Curry. Gordon is more than just a shooter, he slashes and attacks and knows how to use his body. Also look at Gordon's body compared to Curry's. Gordon is way stronger than Curry is.

imdaman99
05-11-2009, 11:35 PM
I smell Shawn Respert. Anyone remember him? Undersized great shooter who couldn't get his shot off in the NBA.

KNICKS FAN AND DO NOT WANT! Of course it's asking too much for f*cking Dantoni to wanna play defense. Makes me miss Oakley and Starks :(

Kombo
05-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Eric Gordon - Wilson Chandler - Blake Griffin...

Would have been a fun core to build around.

kumquat
05-12-2009, 12:10 AM

so basically it's just wilson chandler the knicks are building around?

bagelred
05-12-2009, 09:24 AM

Knicks won lottery and are getting Griffin? HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

InspiredLebowski
05-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Stephen is not his father. They also do not have the same style jumper. The Robert Vaden comparison is apt. They are both streaky shooters who are mediocre to below average in every other aspect of the game.

Vaden's a pretty good defender. At least he used to be, have no idea what he became after being the go to scorer for UAB.

dnyk1337
05-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Great. Another player to throw around in the rotation. We don't need more 3 point shooters. What this team lacks is a PG that can control the tempo and a low-post scoring threat. QRich is not exactly a franchise low-post player.

bagelred
05-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Great. Another player to throw around in the rotation. We don't need more 3 point shooters. What this team lacks is a PG that can control the tempo and a low-post scoring threat. QRich is not exactly a franchise low-post player.

Well apparently Stephen and Lebron James are friends, from what I've read. This is probably part of motivation.

Also, after this year, Knicks have no guards signed. Gallo, Chandler, Eddy Curry, and Jeffries only players signed in 2010. Add David Lee to that most likely.

So Knicks need guards: Cuttino is retired, Duhon, Hughes are expirers, and Nate might be let go or traded. I can easily see Knicks taking PG or combo guard in draft. I just don't know if Curry is best available.

Dasher
05-12-2009, 11:47 AM
The Knicks need to hope and pray that The T-Wolves fall in love with someone at 8, and want to make a deal. If they are jonesing for a player to play the Barbosa role, they can get him in Tony Douglass much later in the draft. I would also have my eye on Eric Maynor, Johnny Flynn, and Earl Clark if I can't move.

Also The Knick's promise has to be taken with a grain of salt. Teams often make promise-like statements to goad players into entering the draft. Teams benefit from there being more prospects in the draft. Also if Stephen does not measure well, or perform well during athletic drills, whatever they told him will be rescinded.

indiefan23
05-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Stephen is not his father. They also do not have the same style jumper. The Robert Vaden comparison is apt. They are both streaky shooters who are mediocre to below average in every other aspect of the game.

How can a guy who hits 45% of his 3's as the primary scorer on his team in any context be streaky? Try again. I love how when someone's a good shooter and you want to hate on him you just call him 'streaky'. Even if he was 'streaky' shooters are a great asset. You think Eddie House coming into a game and immediately hitting 4 3's does not help your team?

Like, are you trying to say he's a bad shooter? That's just stupid. He is not.

Dasher
05-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Going 1-12 only to heat up late in the game makes you streaky. I don't think you watched him play enough. He would often shoot his team out of games by going cold in the first half.

Last year he had games of 2-13, 4-16, 2-12, 2-9, 1-8, 2-8, 3-16, 2-11, and 2-13. His vision is poor, and it takes little ball pressure for him to be forced to pick up his dribble. His passes lack snap, and tend to float. The kid's lack of core strength and balance makes it easy to knock him off balance when driving. These flaws in his game will make it difficult for him to thrive in the NBA when coupled with the fact that he has a set shot.

Torching Furman, App State, and Elon to boost up his numbers is not impressive to me.

fatboy11
05-12-2009, 01:36 PM
How can a guy who hits 45% of his 3's as the primary scorer on his team in any context be streaky?How does that make him ineligible from being streaky? All that number is a percentage.

indiefan23
05-12-2009, 01:45 PM
How does that make him ineligible from being streaky? All that number is a percentage.

A streak shooter is inconsistent... if you're inconsistent you don't hit almost half your distance shots. People streak up to appear better then they are, nto downto appear worse. He's shooting as the focal point of the defense too. You don't think he could play off of Lebron? You're just hating on him.

fatboy11
05-12-2009, 01:49 PM
People streak up to appear better then they areExactly!

Look, I'm not saying that Curry is a bad shooter. I'm just pointing out a hole in your argument that you've presented by throwing his % out there as an end-all.

You don't think he could play off of Lebron?He could. Sure.

You're just hating on him.I'm not hating on the kid at all. Thinking someone might not be a good pro isn't hating on them. I probably have the same concern that a lot of scouts have. I'm just not in love with the kid. You clearly are, and that's fine with me. I just don't like him as a big-time prospect or anything higher than a late 1st round pick.

dnyk1337
05-12-2009, 02:40 PM
I don't want him. Allan Houston without toughness and worse shot.

indiefan23
05-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Exactly!

Look, I'm not saying that Curry is a bad shooter. I'm just pointing out a hole in your argument that you've presented by throwing his % out there as an end-all.

He could. Sure.

I'm not hating on the kid at all. Thinking someone might not be a good pro isn't hating on them. I probably have the same concern that a lot of scouts have. I'm just not in love with the kid. You clearly are, and that's fine with me. I just don't like him as a big-time prospect or anything higher than a late 1st round pick.

That's fair enough. I just see him as either a semi-star or a low cost killer. Even if he's streaky and remains so for the rest of his career (I don't really see how he is) he's still fully capable of playing that Eddie House role on a team. And Eddie House is a fully capable playoff assassin. In a good offense Curry can be huge. If Jarren Jackson can be a killer for the Spurs theres no reason at all to expect less from Curry.

In this years draft are you really going to do better? Seriously, why draft a likely bust only on potential when you can draft a guy who's a likely solid role player with a ceiling well beyond that? Killer Instinct is one of the few unteachable traits in the NBA and Curry has it in spades. I think that alone puts him higher. Is it just me that sees that?

indiefan23
05-15-2009, 01:21 PM
How does that make him ineligible from being streaky? All that number is a percentage.

I'm sorry, I just realized bubbles was your avatar. I'm not going to argue with you anymore... but instead make obscure quotes from my fave hometown show.

Now where did I put my Freedom 35?:rockon:

Jay-Hoops
05-15-2009, 02:38 PM
I just don't see this guy living up to the hype. he's a steaky shooter playing in a weak conference.his court vison is horrible and his handles are below average.at best he'll put up dajuan wagner numbers.(rookie year)
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/wagneda02.html.as for his 3pt% theres a huge difference in getting open looks versus zones and soft man to man college d (horrible rotations).then physical nba d (crisp rotations) and quick close outs on the perimeter.(better athletes higher b-ball iq).

fatboy11
05-15-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm sorry, I just realized bubbles was your avatar. I'm not going to argue with you anymore... but instead make obscure quotes from my fave hometown show.

Now where did I put my Freedom 35?:rockon:That show is teh awesome.

indiefan23
05-20-2009, 07:43 AM
I just don't see this guy living up to the hype. he's a steaky shooter playing in a weak conference.his court vison is horrible and his handles are below average.at best he'll put up dajuan wagner numbers.(rookie year)
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/wagneda02.html.as for his 3pt% theres a huge difference in getting open looks versus zones and soft man to man college d (horrible rotations).then physical nba d (crisp rotations) and quick close outs on the perimeter.(better athletes higher b-ball iq).

There is also a huge, huge difference between being the focal point of the offense and receiving scouted defenses trying to stop you and playing off another player who's able to create open looks for you. Why do you think Curry won't be getting open looks in the NBA. If Bruce Bowen's corpse gets open looks, Curry can. If he's playing off a 20/10 inside threat, say Big Al, or say Lebron, you don't think he'll put up great numbers? I despise this 'streaky shooter' thing. The guy was the whole offense in college. If he hit a team that defended him better he didn't shoot as well. That in no way makes him 'streaky' but means he's on a crappy team. Which makes sense: they went to the NIT while having one of the best college players. Right?

indiefan23
05-20-2009, 07:45 AM
That show is teh awesome.

Yep, one of the most original and best on TV. They filmed parts of the movie on my street. Its coolness. I think I need to eat 7 tins of ravioli, have a donair and piss in a jug I'll throw up in a tree. Rock!

bagelred
05-20-2009, 08:27 AM
Look, we all know why the Knicks are taking Stephen Curry....isn't it obvious?

In this economy, any way to save money helps. Knicks are trying to land players with same last names as former Knick players to save money on printing jerseys. Eddy Curry will be gone soon, so Stephen will simply take his jersey. I hope Stephen likes #34.

Why do you think Knicks are going after Lebron JAMES.....Jerome JAMES.....Lebron JAMES........hello??????????

You people are so stupid.....:hammerhead:

indiefan23
02-21-2010, 01:30 PM

In a nice recollection bump after Curry's 36/13/10 7 3's game, or his 24/15/6 game... all of you who stated Stephen Curry was going to be an NBA bust are invited for a nice lunch of crow, 3 pointer style. He's going to be an all star, no doubt.

indiefan23
02-26-2010, 03:32 PM
In a nice recollection bump after Curry's 36/13/10 7 3's game, or his 24/15/6 game... all of you who stated Stephen Curry was going to be an NBA bust are invited for a nice lunch of crow, 3 pointer style. He's going to be an all star, no doubt.

So wehre are ya j hoops? Still think he'll be Wagner? ;0

catzhernandez
02-27-2010, 06:19 AM
:roll:

bump of the year..

Bandito
02-27-2010, 08:31 AM
He has Starbury written all over him and you know it.

wang4three
03-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Did we mistake Stephen for Brandon Jennings?

Bandito
03-02-2010, 12:33 AM
Oh wait you were right :lol

PhiSlamaJama
04-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Not with the Knicks though...:roll:

enayes
04-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Curry is really fun to watch. He's gonna be a great player.

PhiSlamaJama
04-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Curry is really fun to watch. He's gonna be a great player.
He's the sole reason Warriors fans haven't engaged in a mass suicide.

indiefan23
04-21-2015, 01:05 AM

Oh my. I do love bumping my old Stephen Curry threads. Dajuan Wagner numbers huh? lol.

indiefan23
04-21-2015, 01:12 AM
No he is not. Gordon gets beautiful elevation on his shot and is better at catching and shooting. Curry is an incredibly streaky set shooter. Gordon has better handles, and has every single physical advantage over except possibly length. Put Eric on a Southern Conference team and tell him to take as many shots as he pleases, he would have put up much better numbers than Curry because he can get to the rack at will with both athleticism, and herky jerky moves.

Curry is a very streaky... wait for it... Set Shooter. Eric Gordon has herky jerky moves. Why did people start saying Herky Jerky. Why did people stop? Why isn't herky jerky used anymore as metric for evaluating talent?

indiefan23
04-21-2015, 01:15 AM

With all that said this article is probably bullshit because of this:

Yea, they should have taken JJ Reddick. Should have been a lottery pick over Curry. Agreed.

imdaman99
04-29-2015, 07:04 PM
Sigh... instead I think they got that scrub with the predator hair...

LostCause
06-25-2017, 02:01 PM
Curry is a very streaky... wait for it... Set Shooter. Eric Gordon has herky jerky moves. Why did people start saying Herky Jerky. Why did people stop? Why isn't herky jerky used anymore as metric for evaluating talent?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Duderonomy
06-25-2017, 09:37 PM
I was just looking over the 2009 draft. Minny passed on Curry twice.
http://www.thecoli.com/media/bischoff-wow.2871/full

warriorfan
06-25-2017, 09:42 PM
I was just looking over the 2009 draft. Minny passed on Curry twice.
http://www.thecoli.com/media/bischoff-wow.2871/full

they also selected point guards with both of those picks

by the way welcome to 2009 :applause:

Duderonomy
06-25-2017, 10:01 PM
they also selected point guards with both of those picks

by the way welcome to 2009 :applause:

That was because Rubio had to honor his overseas deal. Not that it makes it any better. Flynn was a total bust. Imagine teaming DeRozan and Curry up with Love.

warriorfan
06-25-2017, 10:08 PM
That was because Rubio had to honor his overseas deal. Not that it makes it any better. Flynn was a total bust. Imagine teaming DeRozan and Curry up with Love.

Flynn was the worst pick, I think he had a good tournament or something that boosted his stock high, people were trying to compare him to chris paul... :wtf:

I remember not being impressed with him at all, he was small and not very athletic, the best things people could say about him was he was a "floor general"... I always thought Flynn should of been a very easy bust to spot out.

LostCause
10-13-2017, 10:27 AM

This "herky jerky" shit still gets me every time I read this :roll:

indiefan23
07-29-2020, 11:24 PM

So where are ya? Still think he'll be Starbury? Course that's better than Wagner. lol. There was a time ISH when I owned your souls with the strength of 1000 suns.

indiefan23
07-29-2020, 11:26 PM
This "herky jerky" shit still gets me every time I read this :roll:

What happened to herky jerky? Why did it start? Where did it go? It lasted a single season. Maybe two. And now no one says it anymore cuz it's ridiculous.