PDA

View Full Version : Angry father wants an apology from Big Baby

blasian
05-11-2009, 03:27 PM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2009/05/big-baby-shoves-magic-fan-.html

Let the drama begin.

Orlando Magic fan Ernest Provetti is demanding an apology from Glen "Big Baby" Davis after the Celtics' thrilling Game 4 win in Orlando Sunday.

Why exactly?

Provetti said Davis shoved his 12-year-old son Nicholas with such force after Davis made a game-winning jumper, that Nicholas' baseball cap catapulted into the air and his son dove into his courtside seat.

Provetti sent an e-mail to the NBA League office this morning. He said Davis crossed the line, literally, and embarrassed his son.

"The NBA makes it clear to not cross the sideline," he said in a telephone interview. "If I cross that line, the NBA will take away my tickets. It's a double standard."

In the e-mail, Provetti said Davis conducted himself like a "raging animal with no regard for fans' personal safety."

Provetti moved to Orlando from New Jersey last year and is opening another branch to his toy company, Team Trinity. He was previously a fan of the Celtics because he watched Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers as a former player for the New York Knicks from 1992-94.

He comes to every game at Amway Arena and sits in the V.I.P Row A, seats 5 and 6. After Sunday's game, Provetti said he received calls and text messages from other fans checking on his son. Magic player Adonal Foyle also checked on how his son was after the game.

Provetti saw the video clip online this morning. He did not think it was funny.

"How do you like to be a 12-year-old and see a raging lunatic coming at you?"

More details to come. Check back later.

LOL

oh the horror
05-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Oh god, a "raging lunatic?"

Tell your son to stay at home then if hes going to cry about nonsense like that.

KRAYZIE
05-11-2009, 03:31 PM
"How do you like to be a 12-year-old and see a raging lunatic coming at you?"
Wow, just wow.:oldlol:

mattevans11
05-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Oh god, a "raging lunatic?"

Tell your son to stay at home then if hes going to cry about nonsense like that.
:cheers: agreed...STFU already

LA_Showtime
05-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Big Baby seems like a nice guy so he'll probably apologize... whether or not it's deserved is another question.

Bush4Ever
:cheers: agreed...STFU already
:cheers: :cheers:

What a twit.

brwnman
Is this for real? I hope it's fake or something, cause that's downright retarded. Players jump into the stands and everything and NBA is not responsible for what happens if they do. It's just common courtesy if the player who might've hurt someone gives and autograph jersey or whatever it might be. If you're that scared by a player jumping in during the game or be running down the sidelines after he hit the biggest shot of his life, don't buy courtside tickets. Better yet, don't get in his way...

oh the horror
05-11-2009, 03:35 PM
This is one of those situations where you check to see if your son is alright. If he has no injuries, then let it go.

But nope, this guy owns VIP SEATS so of course he has a large sense of entitlement.

indiefan23
05-11-2009, 03:35 PM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2009/05/big-baby-shoves-magic-fan-.html

LOL

So some uh, rich kid's baseball hat got knocked off at a game? **** him and his courtside playoff seat.

Holy crap what is the world coming to. If an NBA player ran into me when I was a kid I'd be bragging to my friends the next day at school, not this BS.

GOBB
05-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Raging lunatic? He is a father or a butt hurt Magic fan that was SCREAMING as Big Baby took the shot (trying to distract him) and it hit. Look at the replay of the father. Might need a different angle (the one i had).

I hope Big Baby doesnt apologize. Whenever commercials or that reply is shown? That kid should be blurred out. That way the father can write how its ufair his kid cant get no WHERE AMAZING HAPPENS tv time.

wang4three
05-11-2009, 03:36 PM
What a ***** father.

Jordandunk23
05-11-2009, 03:38 PM
"Nicholas' baseball cap catapulted into the air and his son dove into his courtside seat."

... can somebody post the .gif again please?! im pretty sure that's a little exaggerated.. just a little :oldlol:

Cangri
05-11-2009, 03:39 PM
I think he's mad because Big Baby hit that shot, I bet he could care less about that lil push against his son.

Gevz2kX
05-11-2009, 03:40 PM
dove into his seat? Is he blind? The kid didn't fall anywhere, he stayed standing. This guy is just a bitter pansy.

NBASTATMAN

LOL

Here comes the lawsuit...

west
He make himself and his son a even bigger joke than it actually is.what a ****ing retard.:lol

Hammertime
05-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Kids are so soft nowadays. Back in the 80s, players would routinely kick you in the face while diving for loose balls and you took it like a man.

DuMa
05-11-2009, 03:42 PM
the very definition of bitter

SCY
05-11-2009, 03:42 PM
If you don't like it, don't get courtside seats. What a douche.

kobesabi
05-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Wow...we were just kidding yesterday...who would have thought he take it seriously. If Orlando wins, I think he would have not care. Because they loss, this happens. Being front row, he probably is a probably one of the VIP customer.

DuMa
05-11-2009, 03:44 PM
besides isnt there a clause behind every courtside seat ticket that says player contact may happen and this ticket yada yada releases all liability of the players.

sportsfan76
05-11-2009, 03:45 PM

LOL

FOR THE SHOT THAT LOSS THE GAME FOR THE MAGIC or FOR KNOCKING OVER HIS SON? OR BOTH?

LOL

kumquat
05-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Provetti said Davis shoved his 12-year-old son Nicholas with such force after Davis made a game-winning jumper, that Nicholas' baseball cap catapulted in to the air and his son dove into his courtside seat.

What did the five fingers say to the back?

SLAP!!!
http://i41.tinypic.com/2isfpth.gif

KRAYZIE
05-11-2009, 03:46 PM
"Nicholas' baseball cap catapulted into the air and his son dove into his courtside seat."

... can somebody post the .gif again please?! im pretty sure that's a little exaggerated.. just a little :oldlol:
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd110/tripl3_a/BBD.gif

Damn it, kumquat beat me to it. lol

Sonic R
05-11-2009, 03:47 PM
If you don't like it, don't get courtside seats. What a douche.

so true.

What a crock. Grasping for attention and probably will try to cash in on it too :rolleyes:

Don't want players accidentally coming in the stands like when chasing a loose ball or such, go watch hockey. They put boards up. Better yet just watch the game at home for ****s sake.

TheGrassIsGreen
05-11-2009, 03:48 PM
After watching the clip again, it seems like Davis could've avoided the kid. All he had to do was keep his arm close to his body, but instead he swings it around looking for some contact.

Funny sh*t nonetheless. People should expect collisions with players if theyre sitting so close.

Hammertime
05-11-2009, 03:49 PM

Upon further inspection, the kid flopped. No wonder, he's a white kid with an Italian last name. Much like Ginobili.

KRAYZIE
05-11-2009, 03:50 PM
What did the five fingers say to the back?

SLAP!!!
Check out Bill Kennedy's reaction.:roll:

InspiredLebowski
05-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Big Baby seems like a nice guy so he'll probably apologize... whether or not it's deserved is another question.

+!

Sonic R
05-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Upon further inspection, the kid flopped. No wonder, he's a white kid with an Italian last name. Much like Ginobili.

:ohwell:

Ginobili = Argentinian as in Argentina as in South America

kid who got "pushed" ~ Italian[sic] as in Italy as in Europe

:confusedshrug:

ProfessorMurder
05-11-2009, 03:53 PM
F*cking A. I was expecting the guy to claim whiplash haha.

The kid is clearly a foot or two further out than everyone else. Either Davis taps the kid's back or takes out the ref. Quit being such a b*tch.

Like someone else said, if I was hit by a player... I'd be telling every single person about it!

Come on man, they are front row seats. Did you never think you'd get hit with a ball or by a player? More evidence on why I hate people.

Automajic23
05-11-2009, 03:55 PM
stupid fat kid needs to stay off the court and stfu while big baby goes to work

Mgamer20o0
05-11-2009, 03:57 PM
lol i feel sorry for the kid. his dad is making it seem like a whimp. first read it seemed like he got knocked down or something. he just got a little bump. go walking in a busy mall your more likely to get bumped harder then that.

Hammertime
05-11-2009, 03:57 PM
:ohwell:

Ginobili = Argentinian as in Argentina as in South America

kid who got "pushed" ~ Italian[sic] as in Italy as in Europe

:confusedshrug:

Uhh, Ginobili is an Argentine of Italian background. Much like Vinny Del Negro is an American of Italian background. Ginobili is an Italian last name, much like Del Negro, D'Antoni, or Colangelo.

Oh, and Ginobili is an Italian citizen, as well.

GOBB
05-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Uhh, Ginobili is an Argentine of Italian background. Much like Vinny Del Negro is an American of Italian background. Ginobili is an Italian last name, much like Del Negro, D'Antoni, or Colangelo.

:roll:

Sonic BOOM! Your apology aaaaaaaaand now!

kobesabi
05-11-2009, 04:03 PM
If that was LeBron, Kobe, Wade, I wonder what they'd do? Sue for $10M?

Knoe Itawl
05-11-2009, 04:07 PM
A guy as big as Davis should apologize for pushing a little kid. It didn't look like it was an accident that couldn't be avoided.

kobesabi
05-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Imagine what Jack Nicholson would do if he got shoved...

tontoz
05-11-2009, 04:16 PM
What a crying pansy. Don't bring your kid to courtside if you are worried about getting hit.

I remember hearing about Bird knocking a fan out after a game when the fan went to shake Bird's hand. Dude didn't realize that Bird had a badly injured finger. He found out the hard way. :oldlol:

If a player did that now he'd probably get arrested or suspended half a season.

Lakers73
05-11-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm far from a Celtic fan, but this kid, actually the father, needs to STFU!!!!

I would not apologize if I was Davis!

Sonic R
05-11-2009, 04:20 PM

I stand corrected.
I did not know the backround of Ginobili.

Sonic BOOM! Your apology aaaaaaaaand now!

done and done
*embarrassed*

momo
05-11-2009, 04:22 PM
This is one of those situations where you check to see if your son is alright. If he has no injuries, then let it go.

But nope, this guy owns VIP SEATS so of course he has a large sense of entitlement.

This.

lolwut
05-11-2009, 04:22 PM
I know a lot of LSU fans and students and Big Baby is supposed to be a legitimately very nice person. I bet he does something nice for the kid, or at the very least apologizes personally.

ElPigto
05-11-2009, 04:24 PM
LOL, double standard my ass. I bet if that would of been Dwight Howard and would of bulldozed his kid onto the ground he would of not said anything. Hell, he probably would of danced with Dwight Howard around the kid.

What a bitter fan. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

White Chocolate
05-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Why does it seem like the men in this country are becoming bigger and bigger pu$$ies every year? Good way to teach your kid how to be a man.

KeylessEntry
05-11-2009, 04:34 PM
What a joke. Anybody who calls big baby a "raving lunatic" obviously has a few screws loose.

Myth
05-11-2009, 04:36 PM
I don't blame the father for wanting an apology since the contact was unnecessary (unlike if a player was diving for a loose ball), but he used poor choice of words that made him sound bitter and probably embarrasses his kid even more.

mlh1981
05-11-2009, 04:36 PM
what about the fans up in section 599, row z in nba arenas across the country that are getting nailed by tshirts launched into the stands? I'm waiting for that lawsuit.

Geez, NBA arenas are becoming a rather dangerous place to go:rolleyes:

bdreason
05-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Im pretty sure the NBA is covered here. Players are forced to dive into fans all the time. It's the risk you take when you attend the game.

It's just like Hockey or Baseball. You can't go to a game, get hit in the face with a ball or puck, then try to blame the players.

oh the horror
05-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Yes but rich boy wants an APOLOGY. Not money.

KeylessEntry
05-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Im pretty sure the NBA is covered here. Players are forced to dive into fans all the time. It's the risk you take when you attend the game.

It's just like Hockey or Baseball. You can't go to a game, get hit in the face with a ball or puck, then try to blame the players.

this. If you look at the back of any ticket, there is a legal license contract thing which states that the arena is not responsible for injuries that might occur while watching the game.

ElPigto
05-11-2009, 04:52 PM
After thinking about it for a while, it's fools like us that made Big Baby get in trouble. :oldlol:

Everyone noticed this and videos and GIF's were made. The father now wants his revenge for his kid being made fun of. He just needs to have a cold one and realize that it was funny.

:cheers:

elementally morale
05-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Rather:

Angry Baby Wants Apology from Father

gts
05-11-2009, 05:11 PM
I know a lot of LSU fans and students and Big Baby is supposed to be a legitimately very nice person. I bet he does something nice for the kid, or at the very least apologizes personally.

kid gets a signed jersey and ball from Davis, takes it to school to show off and get railed by his friends because his daddy wrote a whiny letter...lol

ZOMG
05-11-2009, 05:17 PM
It's a weak era for courtside seats.

Torious
05-11-2009, 05:43 PM
They better put up some of those babies before the poor, battered people in the court side seats get any ideas and sue the NBA. Get to it Stern!

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/696/raging.jpg

(Sorry for my terrible editing skills.)

phoenix18
05-11-2009, 06:05 PM
I don't blame the father for wanting an apology since the contact was unnecessary (unlike if a player was diving for a loose ball), but he used poor choice of words that made him sound bitter and probably embarrasses his kid even more.
Was he there? Because if he was there then the father is a punk. If you are a father and someone pushes your kid you would have said something no matter what. Why would he complain through the media when the situation happened last night in front of you?

utahjazzrock
05-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Wow.
Pathetic.
He didnt even hit the kid that hard.
And he was upset the Magic lost.
If this woulda been a Magic player after a game-winning shot, thee woulda been no complaints.

Talent
05-11-2009, 06:20 PM
kid should not have been that far out of his seat....but Davis should say something to the family at the very least.

EllEffEll
05-11-2009, 06:28 PM
This is funny. I know exactly who Ernie Provetti is and I am familiar with his company. He's fairly successful, so I doubt he's doing it for a payday. Leads me to believe he's just bitter or enjoys being in the spotlight.

In this instance, the only term that comes to my mind is "chode".

GOBB
05-11-2009, 06:31 PM
kid gets a signed jersey and ball from Davis, takes it to school to show off and get railed by his friends because his daddy wrote a whiny letter...lol

:oldlol: Yup, and you know these kids are watching sportscenter.

He hit the shot and ran down the court. The path between the kid and ref was small. The ref isnt complaining. Hardly unnecessary. Every kid fan that is involved at a sporting event loves to be apart of it. This kid never complained because as the article stated "I saw the highlights of it this morning".

The father wanted to get some time on sportscenter running over his kid who was getting it first. What a big baby he is.

Sanity
05-11-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm sure that kid will grow up and be very manly. It reminds me of that guy who left on a stretcher after getting hit with ball accidentally by KG. :hammerhead:

AznTacoLover
05-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Dude is extrating. the hat catapaulted? not really just feel off.best thing to do is apologize before it even gets more out of hand.

Myth
05-11-2009, 06:38 PM
what about the fans up in section 599, row z in nba arenas across the country that are getting nailed by tshirts launched into the stands? I'm waiting for that lawsuit.

Geez, NBA arenas are becoming a rather dangerous place to go:rolleyes:

That happened to me :oldlol:

I was at the top of 100 level for the first Blazers home game of the season (vs Spurs on Halloween). A shirt got shot over my head and I looked back to see where it went. Right as I turned back to face the court: POW! Right in the forehead. Every fan in the sections around me were making sure I was alright. The only thing it hurt was my dignity. I guess I should have sued and never worked again. :D

lolwut
05-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Dude is extrating. the hat catapaulted? not really just feel off.best thing to do is apologize before it even gets more out of hand.

English Comp. 1301 bro.

Richie2k6
05-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Provetti said Davis shoved his 12-year-old son Nicholas with such force after Davis made a game-winning jumper, that Nicholas' baseball cap catapulted into the air and his son dove into his courtside seat.
:roll: Exaggeration at its finest.

GOBB
05-11-2009, 06:42 PM
lolwut.

Fixed. What you should have posted. :oldlol:

Big#50
05-11-2009, 06:50 PM
If he did this to my son, I would laugh at my son. Unless my son got hurt, then there would be the first televised murder on tv.

OneMoreSucka
05-11-2009, 06:53 PM
I was hoping the kid would Derek Fisher him but to no avail :(

WubbyNuts
05-11-2009, 06:54 PM
The only embarrassment in this story is the father. What a freaking moron. If you don't want contact with the players on the floor, buy a cheap seat.

Sonic R
05-11-2009, 06:58 PM
This is funny. I know exactly who Ernie Provetti is and I am familiar with his company. He's fairly successful, so I doubt he's doing it for a payday. Leads me to believe he's just bitter or enjoys being in the spotlight.

Looks like a payday indeed

BRINKER
05-11-2009, 07:07 PM
celtics need to feed baby in that exact same spot for the entire duration of game 6 so hopefully he can do it again but this time make sure to wack the father right in his face

Lamar Doom
05-11-2009, 07:10 PM
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The father of the 12-year-old boy bumped by Celtics big man Glen "Big Baby" Davis after Sunday's game-winning shot is demanding an apology.

Ernest Provetti told the Orlando Sentinel that he wrote the NBA office demanding an apology from Davis for acting like a "raging animal with no regard for fans' personal safety." NBA spokesman Tim Frank confirmed the league received the e-mail but declined to comment on it.

Video of the play shows Davis ducking behind a referee and stepping out of bounds as he ran back to the Celtics bench. Provetti told the paper it was his son, Nicholas, whose hat fell off as Davis bumped him.

Celtics spokesman Jeff Twiss said Davis was not available for comment. The Magic also declined to comment.

YOu have to be F*CKING JOKING ME. Mr. Provetti if you're reading this, f*ck off and die you cry baby bull sh*tter. I am fully rooting for the magic in this series (i'm a laker fan, let's be honest, we don't much like the celtics) but you crying to the league about that is one of the most embarassing p*ssy ass things i've ever heard of. Shame on you, you F*cking coward.

Kobe Jnr
05-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Went on espn.com and see "magic fan demands apology from big baby" hhahahah i knew this would happen.

:roll: :roll:

Lamar Doom
05-11-2009, 07:12 PM
alright fellas, this is about the angriest at a stranger i've been in a long time, DEMANDING AN APOLOGY FOR THAT? ARE YOU F*CKING SERIOUS? If i could walk into that guy's house right now i'd shake the sh*t out of him. You are the worst kind of p*ssy human sir, I hope your son doesn't turn out like you. Sitting there in your f*cking multi-thousand dollar court side playoff seats making an accusation like that. you sore loser F*ck head, I hate you.

Myth
05-11-2009, 07:17 PM
He hit the shot and ran down the court. The path between the kid and ref was small. The ref isnt complaining. Hardly unnecessary.

The part that was unnecessary was the part where he took off on a dead sprint between people. I understand that Davis was excited, but that kid does deserve an apology. That dad on the other hand doesn't deserve sh!t though.

hassano
05-11-2009, 07:34 PM
It's a weak era for courtside seats.

LMFAO :roll: :roll:
:cheers:

Nanners
05-11-2009, 07:36 PM
i want an apology from this day for wasting valuable media time that could have been spent talking about manny ramirez's drug suspension.

Richie2k6
05-11-2009, 07:46 PM
I love how he would have brushed it off and told his son to forget about it and then buy him an ice cream cone if it was the Magic that hit that game winner.

"Hey! He pushed me dad!"
"Ahh forget about it son, we won the game! Plus you can go to school tomorrow and brag to your friends about how an NBA player touched you!"

the even bigger black guy
05-11-2009, 07:47 PM
the kid who got pushed looks like jake from two and a half men

DCL
05-11-2009, 07:49 PM
just a stupid ass grumpy sore losing magic fan...

Kobe Jnr
05-11-2009, 07:49 PM
I'm sure that kid will grow up and be very manly. It reminds me of that guy who left on a stretcher after getting hit with ball accidentally by KG. :hammerhead:

you have any pictures or videos of that incident?

miniharrison37
05-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Wow! If he's going to complain like that then just stay at home.

Sanity
05-11-2009, 08:03 PM
you have any pictures or videos of that incident?

Can't find either but here's an article about it

MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota forward Kevin Garnett was ejected in the third quarter of Minnesota's victory over Memphis on Sunday for tossing the ball into the stands and accidentally hitting a fan.

Garnett was reacting in frustration after being called for an offensive foul.

"I just tossed it," Garnett said outside Minnesota's locker room before leaving the arena at the start of the fourth quarter. "I didn't even look at where I tossed it. I was just so ... mad."

Medical personnel examined the fan, who was wheeled from the court on a gurney to boos and later walked with his family and arena personnel to a back room. The fan declined to comment to the media. His condition wasn't immediately available, although he appeared to be uninjured.

With Minnesota leading 64-61 with 7:47 left in the quarter, Garnett was called for the foul while driving against Shane Battier on the baseline. The nine-time All-Star then lightly flipped the ball into the stands under the basket, hitting the male fan.

Garnett, who said he was upset by a previous call, said he didn't intend to throw the ball into the stands, but rather was trying to get a delay-of-game call.

"By no means was I trying to hit a fan," he said.

Referee Bob Delaney assessed Garnett a technical foul for tossing the ball, and he was automatically ejected because it hit the fan. Afterward, Garnett walked over to the fan to apologize before leaving the court. Television cameras showed a young girl sitting next to the man in tears.

"It was an accident and he apologized profusely," Wolves coach Dwane Casey said.

Before leaving the arena, Garnett said he again checked in on the family to apologize.

"I should have had a little more control than that," Garnett said.

The former league MVP had 17 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists. Eddie Griffin replaced Garnett in the lineup.

"Whenever there is an incident inside of our arena involving a fan, we're going to treat it very, very professionally and carefully," said Wolves president Chris Wright. Both Wright and Casey apologized on behalf of the team.

"I know Kevin feels bad about it," Casey said.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=66602

Sonic R
05-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Forward your angst here… to his company. :lol

Team Trinity ( http://www.teamtrinity.com/)
TRINITY PRODUCTS INC.
47 Colonial Drive.
Piscataway, NJ. 08854
Phone: (732)562-1234 | Fax: (732)562-1337
Email:Cphillips@teamtrinity.com

nbastatus
05-11-2009, 08:06 PM
he just wants some attentions.

Kumo
05-11-2009, 08:17 PM
If he did this to my son, I would laugh at my son. Unless my son got hurt, then there would be the first televised murder on tv.

:oldlol:

See, Lee Harvey Oswald.

EllEffEll
05-11-2009, 08:26 PM
[QUOTE=Sonic R]Forward your angst here

FireMcFailPlease
05-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Can't find either but here's an article about it

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=66602
:roll: :roll: :roll:

God I remember wathcing that and laughing so hard cause he needed a stretcher.

Guy10
05-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Glen Davis should ask the kid to apologize for standing in the damn way.

bagelred
05-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Clearly if this guy has a courtside seat, he is either well connected or very well off. It's guys like these who use every situation to their advantage, even when common sense says nothing happened.

By the way, its probably an implied contract that when you go to the game and sit courtside, you risk personal safety, chance of injury etc. from sitting so close to the court.....

Big Baby should sue that guy for defamation of character.

anthonyRandolph
05-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Should of had the common sense to do this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxj0iHW-WlA

ronron15
05-11-2009, 08:44 PM
i would have tried to use this opportunity to teach my kid to man up instead of crying

FireMcFailPlease
05-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Tell the dbag to stay off the court in his white pants.

Sanity
05-11-2009, 08:46 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131435

He knows whats up now

Solid Snake
05-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Screw him, screw his son, I hope they both get raped and killed.

End of story.

bagelred
05-11-2009, 08:50 PM
A big baby was run over by Big Baby. Oh the irony.

ProfessorMurder
05-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Tell the dbag to stay off the court in his white pants.

HAHAHA! White pants, classically lame.

bagelred
05-11-2009, 09:00 PM
http://www.facebook.com/people/Ernest-Provetti/755143435

Is that him?

Appranently, Ernest owns this company:

http://www.teamtrinity.com/

Lodi Dodi
05-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Lol "Angry father wants an apology from Big Baby." Now that's a great title for the thread.

Killbot
05-11-2009, 09:56 PM
The father is an idiot. :roll:

White Chocolate
05-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Lol "Angry father wants an apology from Big Baby." Now that's a great title for the thread.

It should read "A big baby wants an apology from Big Baby".

kobesabi
05-11-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm a fan of neither. I see alot of insult to the father in here. Somehow, I get this feeling that if you were that kid's father, I think you guys would have done the same if you were Orlando's fan.

White Chocolate
05-11-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm a fan of neither. I see alot of insult to the father in here. Somehow, I get this feeling that if you were that kid's father, I think you guys would have done the same if you were Orlando's fan.

For anyone that is a parent here, I think most of them wouldn't be using their son to get national exposure and blaming an athlete who did nothing wrong.

04mzwach
05-11-2009, 10:05 PM
The kid didn't really deserve that. He should at least get a sweet deal out of it like a KG, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce autograph on a great framed portrait of them holding the NBA Championship. Also; if you want to milk the NBA, then try to get other players' autographs of your choice.

The rich kid comment...the kid was born this way. He didn't ask to be rich before his mother got some sweet loving, but somebody might if that were possible. :no:

w00terz
05-11-2009, 10:24 PM
I can't stop laughing at the "raging lunatic" comment.

kobesabi
05-11-2009, 10:24 PM
For anyone that is a parent here, I think most of them wouldn't be using their son to get national exposure and blaming an athlete who did nothing wrong.
I don't know, it kinda look like unnecessary shoving to me. Any nice person would have turn around and asked if that person is ok...at least after his ecstatic moment. Ok, so If he does nothing. Does this mean the League says it is acceptable from now on? What if that was a Stan Van Gundy, other players, Phil Jackson, David Stern? He then should treated it differently?

But yea "raging lunatic" is a little overboard. Nevertheless, if big baby is truly a nice guy, he should do it according to principle. Let Thyself Be True.

Yes you are right, he done nothing wrong. But I wouldn't say he is a "nice guy" judging from his post action.

Guy10
05-11-2009, 10:26 PM
By the way, its probably an implied contract that when you go to the game and sit courtside, you risk personal safety, chance of injury etc. from sitting so close to the court.....

Bingo. If I go to a baseball game and am too ****ing stupid to move out of the way of a foul ball and it smacks me upside the head, I can't demand an apology from MLB, the team, the pitcher, and the batter. He shouldn't of been standing in the damn way, and he shouldn't be crying about it either. Nothing happened to the kid, he got bumped by an NBA player. I've seen Shaq go full on into cameramen and crowds full of people at NBA games and no one cries and demands apologies.

Basically, no apology necessary and the kid's a whiny *****.

shadow
05-11-2009, 10:41 PM
The kid didn't really deserve that. He should at least get a sweet deal out of it like a KG, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce autograph on a great framed portrait of them holding the NBA Championship. Also; if you want to milk the NBA, then try to get other players' autographs of your choice.

The rich kid comment...the kid was born this way. He didn't ask to be rich before his mother got some sweet loving, but somebody might if that were possible. :no:

yah that would be a nice thing to do...after all the kid just saw his team lose a close game and the guy who burned his team also took him out in the post-victory celebration.

If the magic are smart they'll approach the kid unsolicited and offer him some goodies. Good PR.

kobesabi
05-11-2009, 10:45 PM
You know what, sometimes some of those kids sitting in the front are not necessarily rich but kids who won or selected through some program like the Shaq losing weight reality show when he was still with Miami...

oh the horror
05-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Ok, so If he does nothing. Does this mean the League says it is acceptable from now on?

It was ONE isolated incident. How often do you see that occuring? Its not a big deal.

monkeypox
05-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Retarded situation. Players and guests aren't given the same set of rules when at the game. This guy just thinks he's owed something because he has courtside seats and he's a *********. It says right on the damn ticket stub that they're not responsible if you get hurt. I mean how many times have you seen players dive in to the stands going for a loose ball? Does the player need to give out a written apology now? This is dumb as the no-high-five thing with Pierce.

Rojogaqu11
05-11-2009, 11:13 PM
haha.. that company has a forum.. look at newest member at bottom of page..
http://techtalk.teamtrinity.com/tt/ :oldlol:

teleport
05-11-2009, 11:17 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

west
05-11-2009, 11:58 PM
[QUOTE=Sonic R]Forward your angst here

west
05-12-2009, 12:02 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

jazz873
05-12-2009, 12:04 AM
**** if i were the kid id be happy. he can now tell everyone he was shoved by a nba player. not many people get to experience that :P

Rose-2-Wolfe
05-12-2009, 12:21 AM

LOL

Hey yo pops, shut the f$%k up with your weak-ass complaining. If you are fortunate enough to sit freaking court-side for every game that your favorite team plays; consider yourself damn lucky and remember their are many people who would like to have the same opportunity. perhaps those people would appreciate it more?

If you are so worried about your 12 year old brat and don't think that you can provide him with the means to cope with some accidental contact with a Basketball player; watch the games from the safety of a luxury box/your living room and get your son some professional therapy.

P.S. I hear your son is so upset by this brush with Big-fat-ass that he has started wearing his moms make-up/clothing and feels his purpose in life is to toss some Vin Diesel-looking dudes salad. You better go deal with that now before he starts acting it out for the rest of "his" life. B!tch.

Chicago-Rose
05-12-2009, 12:39 AM
Hey yo pops, shut the f$%k up with your weak-ass complaining. If you are fortunate enough to sit freaking court-side for every game that your favorite team plays; consider yourself damn lucky and remember their are many people who would like to have the same opportunity. perhaps those people would appreciate it more?

If you are so worried about your 12 year old brat and don't think that you can provide him with the means to cope with some accidental contact with a Basketball player; watch the games from the safety of a luxury box/your living room and get your son some professional therapy.

P.S. I hear your son is so upset by this brush with Big-fat-ass that he has started wearing his moms make-up/clothing and feels his purpose in life is to toss some Vin Diesel-looking dudes salad. You better go deal with that now before he starts acting it out for the rest of "his" life. B!tch.

:roll: Repped for giving me nearly painful laughter.

momo
05-12-2009, 12:51 AM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/.a/6a00d83451c3cb69e201156f8a14ee970c-pi

04mzwach
05-12-2009, 12:54 AM
yah that would be a nice thing to do...after all the kid just saw his team lose a close game and the guy who burned his team also took him out in the post-victory celebration.

If the magic are smart they'll approach the kid unsolicited and offer him some goodies. Good PR.
I guess I'm a fan of the NBA in general so I don't see it that way, but you're probably right. :oldlol:

Juges8932
05-12-2009, 12:56 AM
Lol, that's hilarious and retarded. It's called being stoked for hitting a playoff game winning shot, ****. What an idiot.:roll:

Sanity
05-12-2009, 01:21 AM

You gotta see the thread. :oldlol:

momo
05-12-2009, 01:24 AM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r132/b_lew/SimmonsWanker.jpg

greymatter
05-12-2009, 01:36 AM
To all the morons blabbing about "you assume certain risks from being seated near the court", blah blah:

Context matters. Action occuring during the game such as players and balls flying out of bounds is something that can't be avoided. Players getting caught up in excitement/anger/whatever and shoving refs and random people standing courtside could have been avoided.

The shoving was a dick move, but likely not intentionally malicious. Had the kid fallen flat on his ass and been bruised, none of you morons would be blabbing like idiots; but because no one got hurt and this kid's father is rich and is going overboard in his indignation, it's open season on the two.

Finn T-Mac
05-12-2009, 01:43 AM
:applause: This what you get when you spoil your kids you rich f***ers on those courtside seats

Killbot
05-12-2009, 01:58 AM
You gotta see the thread. :oldlol:

You mean this one:
http://techtalk.teamtrinity.com/tt/showthread.php?t=14417 ?

BallersTalk
05-12-2009, 02:11 AM
LOL. Davis shoulda shoved him harder. Woulda been funny if the kid went flying.

Guy10
05-12-2009, 02:43 AM
To all the morons blabbing about "you assume certain risks from being seated near the court", blah blah:

Context matters. Action occuring during the game such as players and balls flying out of bounds is something that can't be avoided. Players getting caught up in excitement/anger/whatever and shoving refs and random people standing courtside could have been avoided.

That's not true. Shaq's overly-dramatic dives into the crowd could very well be avoided. I've yet to see someone start crying about them and demanding an apology.

stephanieg
05-12-2009, 03:06 AM
I can't wait until Shaq lands on a baby.

Dr. Hoopenstein
05-12-2009, 03:34 AM
Seen the video and this fan whose mad because his team lost needs to go stfu w/ this facetious balderdash.

If anything Big Baby prevented the kid from falling down.

LJJ
05-12-2009, 05:20 AM
I heard Glen Davis is not so ****ing amused.
http://www.nba.com/media/celtics/profile_posed_glen_davis220300.jpg

If mister Spaghetti shows up in his courtside seats during game 6, or we might be looking at another:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1636/017026690.jpg
"How's that for an apology, *****"

godofgods
05-12-2009, 05:26 AM
If Cuban can apologize, I'm sure Big Baby can!

halffttime
05-12-2009, 05:43 AM
lol i don't understand why people are laughing at the father calling big baby "a raging lunatic..".. did you not see big baby in the gif?? looked like he was getting chased by dinosaurs.. :oldlol:

west
05-12-2009, 01:52 PM
WALTHAM, Mass. (AP) -- Boston Celtics forward Glen Davis apologized Tuesday for bumping a 12-year-old boy while celebrating his game-winning shot against the Orlando Magic.

Davis said he got emotional and didn't see the boy as he turned and ran to the Celtics bench to celebrate his 21-foot jumper that gave the Celtics a 95-94 win over the Magic on Sunday. It tied the second-round playoff series at 2-2.

"If I've hurt anybody or if I've done any harm to anybody, please forgive me because my intentions were just harmless," he said.

Video of the play shows the 6-foot-9, 289-pound Davis ducking behind a referee and stepping out of bounds before appearing to place a hand in the small of the boy's back. The boy took a step back and his hat fell off.

If he had realized he made contact with the boy, Davis said he would have tried to make him feel better.

The boy's father wrote the NBA office demanding an apology.

Ernest Provetti, who identified the boy as his son, Nicholas, said Davis had "no regard for fans' personal safety."

Game 5 is Tuesday night in Boston.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GOBB
05-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Of course Big Baby was going to apologize. Thats the type of dude he is. Dont reward the kid with no game ball, autographs because the DAD will only put it on ebay and sell it.

I bet the DAD did this as free promotion for his business.

lol i don't understand why people are laughing at the father calling big baby "a raging lunatic..".. did you not see big baby in the gif?? looked like he was getting chased by dinosaurs..

Yeah because if you hit the game winning shot in a big playoff game on the road in front of a hostile crowd/bench (where everyone is screaming at you in hopes you miss)? You'd calmly walk down to the other end with your team. Throw a couple high fives but head to the lockeroom as if nothing happened. :rolleyes:

OneMoreSucka
05-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Yeah because if you hit the game winning shot in a big playoff game on the road in front of a hostile crowd/bench (where everyone is screaming at you in hopes you miss)? You'd calmly walk down to the other end with your team. Throw a couple high fives but head to the lockeroom as if nothing happened. :rolleyes:
"The Jordan".

greymatter
05-12-2009, 04:10 PM
That's not true. Shaq's overly-dramatic dives into the crowd could very well be avoided. I've yet to see someone start crying about them and demanding an apology.

Poor argument. All non-leather projectiles can be avoided if players decided to simply not go after loose balls headed out of bounds. In this case, the play was already dead and any contact that occurred was completely uneccesary.

Bodin
05-12-2009, 04:36 PM

Take a look at it again, he was either taking out the ref or moving the kid over a little. He made the right choice.

Godfather
05-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Stupid rich kids getting spoiled.

Both him and his father need to **** off and accept the fact that his team is tied with another team that doesn't even have its best player.

GOBB
05-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Stupid rich kids getting spoiled.

Both him and his father need to **** off and accept the fact that his team is tied with another team that doesn't even have its best player.

You're slamming the kid because????? :rolleyes:

Godfather
05-12-2009, 04:41 PM
You're slamming the kid because????? :rolleyes:

A giant man is running past you screaming in joy after hitting a game winning shot.

Move the **** out of the way.

OneMoreSucka
05-12-2009, 04:48 PM
A giant man is running past you screaming in joy after hitting a game winning shot.

Or Derek Fisher him.

:applause:

crisoner
05-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Or Derek Fisher him.

:applause:

LOL

That what would should call any obvious flagrant foul from now on.

GOBB
05-12-2009, 05:26 PM

What the hell does that have to do with slamming the kid? You make no sense.

The kid didnt cry.
The kid didnt complain.
The kid didnt tell his dad.
The kid wasnt hurt tryng to pull a fast one and miss school.

So why are YOU slamming the kid? The father said in the article if you could read. He recieved text msgs, phone calls and the next morning saw the highlight of the play on tv. He then felt enraged and his stupid moronic reply crying to the NBA was sent. The kid wasnt holding his leg sobbing.

You took a cheat shot at the kid. Then your response was no less moronic than the kids dad.

Where AMAZING happens. :rolleyes:

bagelred
05-12-2009, 05:27 PM

Isn't that the point? No one got hurt. And the kid was practically ON THE COURT. He was like 6 inches away from stepping on the court. MOVE BACK!!!!

The kid should have been thrilled. He could have went to school next day saying "Yeah, I almost got run over by Big Baby." How cool to tell your friends you were right near the action. Now, he's the p-ssy kid who is upset because his hat fell off and his dad is a pr-ck!! Nice.

White Chocolate
05-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Seriously, you can't blame the kid. It's the father that is to blame. He's at fault for several reasons:

1)He's teaching his son to be a pu$$y, instead of being a man.

2)If anything, his son will get abused, not praised for being run into by an NBA player.

3)He's using his son to gain notorioty and to help his business.

The kid is not gaining ANYTHING from this. The kid gets embarrassed on national television and Big Baby gets a bad rep for something that was completely accidental. The father is the only one that is gaining something.

MeloMike
05-13-2009, 08:35 PM
HA I saw this happen and wondered if the kid or his pops would try to do something. What a biatch, you get front row tix, you take your lumps like a man.