PDA

View Full Version : 2009 All-NBA teams are official

insidehoops
05-13-2009, 01:21 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4326

LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers, the 2008-09 Most Valuable Player, was a unanimous selection to the 2008-09 All-NBA First Team, the NBA announced today. Joining James on the First Team are Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers, Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic, Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks and Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat.

The All-NBA Second Team consists of New Orleans

greensborohill
05-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Funny, Duncan can be a center for All-Defensive team purposes, but a Forward for All-NBA team purposes. . . . . make up your freakin' mind!!

JordanL
05-13-2009, 01:25 PM
:rockon:

Alright BRoy. All NBA 2nd Team, just like I was hoping.

Ancient Legend
05-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Paul Pierce All-NBA 2nd Team? :lol

Sammobile
05-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Chris Paul 2nd Team WTF

guy
05-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Wow. So far, I have no big problems with that list. Maybe Duncan should go over Dirk, but I really don't think thats big of a deal.

NuggetsFan
05-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Good to see both Billups and Melo making the 3rd team. I don't agree with Paul being on the 2nd team but who can you take him out to put him in there? Either way looks pretty solid to me:confusedshrug:

Kblaze8855
05-13-2009, 01:32 PM
Funny, Duncan can be a center for All-Defensive team purposes, but a Forward for All-NBA team purposes. . . . . make up your freakin' mind!!

All D teams dont have to follow any position I dont think. ive seen 3 guard teams. 3 forward. Not sure ive seen 2 center teams though so....

BigTicket
05-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Looks like a pretty good list to me, no real objections.

guy
05-13-2009, 01:37 PM
All D teams dont have to follow any position I dont think. ive seen 3 guard teams. 3 forward. Not sure ive seen 2 center teams though so....

I'm sure they somewhat follow positions. If they didn't, there is no way Hakeem or Robinson would've ever been on the 2nd team.

DuMa
05-13-2009, 01:38 PM
Dirk no way jose.

BigTicket
05-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Lucky for Shaq that its that way, otherwise he would have gotten bumped with Duncan getting the 2nd team spot, Yao getting the 3rd team spot, and Garnett moving in to the 3rd team.

Deron Williams had the most votes of anyone not making the team, seems to be a pattern for him with allstar selections and now this.

http://xs539.xs.to/xs539/09203/first135.jpg (http://xs.to)

KobeRules24
05-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Great, i have no complaints...good to see Roy making the second team and he's only getting better :applause:

JordanL
05-13-2009, 01:43 PM
What? Melo and Parker got first eam votes and BRoy didn't?

:roll:

Cool... can't wait for him to surprise all the media next year.

EDIT:

And it seems like the media is the only group still sleeping on Roy. Everyone else seems to know how good he is. :)

BigTicket
05-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Looking at the votes it seems like 10 voters or so picked 3 guards for the first team (Paul + Bryant + Wade), so positions really arent that fixed.

BigTicket
05-13-2009, 01:44 PM

EDIT:

And it seems like the media is the only group still sleeping on Roy. Everyone else seems to know how good he is. :)

Parker is ridiculous, but with Melo its not so strange, since the competition at forward isn't as hard as that at guard.

guy
05-13-2009, 01:45 PM
I can't believe Ray Allen is that underrated.

BigTicket
05-13-2009, 01:47 PM
I can't believe Ray Allen is that underrated.
Underrated how ? The man is a great shooter, but thats all he can do, and 18/3/3 averages don't exactly scream all-NBA.

NuggetsFan
05-13-2009, 01:51 PM

EDIT:

Yeah that's kinda strange never seen that till I saw the votes posted. 2 people must have been a little high:oldlol:

Spudjjay
05-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Underrated how ? The man is a great shooter, but thats all he can do, and 18/3/3 averages don't exactly scream all-NBA.

*waits for someone to say Ray Allen had a better season than Pierce*:rolleyes:

Congrats to Pierce for making his 1st second team and 4th All-NBA team overall. :applause:
BTW- It's good to see Dirk finally being recognized as the best PF in the game. IMO, he's been the best PF for the last 3 seasons.

Thechosen1
05-13-2009, 02:01 PM
how the **** is chris paul on the second team? the best pg in the nba on the ****in second team?....seriously? and dirk over duncan? give me a ****in break man...this league is only highlighting 3 players

greensborohill
05-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Wow. So far, I have no big problems with that list. Maybe Duncan should go over Dirk, but I really don't think thats big of a deal.

No. . . Dirk carried his team. . . . Duncan not so much this year.

greensborohill
05-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Dirk no way jose.

I think that's BS, b/c 26 and 8.5 rpg woulda got Carmelo on the 1st team or Paul Pierce on the 1st team, it obviously woulda got Duncan on the 1st team being that the vote was so damn close.

I call racisism and closed mindedness on that.

greensborohill
05-13-2009, 02:09 PM
how the **** is chris paul on the second team? the best pg in the nba on the ****in second team?....seriously? and dirk over duncan? give me a ****in break man...this league is only highlighting 3 players

26 and 8.5 or 19 and 10.7 ?

west
05-13-2009, 02:15 PM
No problem with the list whatsoever.:applause:

greensborohill
05-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Straight up. Do you really want to know how good Dirk Nowitzki really is and how much he means to his team? Every playoff team that is still remaining in the playoffs has atleast two players on their team that received an All-NBA vote. . . . . every team except the Dallas Mavericks. But you guys can buy into the sh!t the media tells you. . . I guess he's just overated. . . . all those 50 win seasons and deep playoff runs just happened on their own.

JordanL
05-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Straight up. Do you really want to know how good Dirk Nowitzki really is and how much he means to his team? Every playoff team that is still remaining in the playoffs has atleast two players on their team that received an All-NBA vote. . . . . every team except the Dallas Mavericks. But you guys can buy into the sh!t the media tells you. . . I guess he's just overated. . . . all those 50 win seasons and deep playoff runs just happened on their own.

Do you really know how to hit edit?

It's like watching a schitzophrenic talk with himself.

greensborohill
05-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Do you really know how to hit edit?

It's like watching a schitzophrenic talk with himself.

Sometimes talking to myself is the most intellegent conversation I have all day. . . editing is overrated.

Dave3
05-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Can't believe people are upset about Dirk being on the first team. Personally, that's more of a pleasant surprise showing willingness to change on the voter's part. Shows that things aren't AS much by reputation as we thought.

Thechosen1
05-13-2009, 02:56 PM
26 and 8.5 or 19 and 10.7 ?

wtf are you talking about? cp is a better player than dirk if thats what your insinuating...even duncans better than dirk....they should be above dirk by far..

InspiredLebowski
05-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Since when has JO been able to vote?

Big One
05-13-2009, 03:59 PM
wtf are you talking about? cp is a better player than dirk if thats what your insinuating...even duncans better than dirk....they should be above dirk by far..

haha i love this guys basis for argument, nothing behind it just a bunch of rambling

what does chris paul have to do with dirk? chris paul could have averaged 50 ppg and 35 assists and it still wouldn't have effected dirks first team selection

duncan on the other hand did not have a superior season to dirk, and if you dont believe it just go look at the stats and then u will stfu

furthermore, you all are just angry because dunncan is just better than dirk based on reputation, this is not based on that its on year by year performances so STFU and go do your homework son

Sir Charles
05-13-2009, 04:24 PM
To me Duncan is more like a Center, should be 2nd All NBA Team and if he played FC then he should get picked over Dirk at the "PF" for 1st All NBA Team. Garnett Third

Thechosen1
05-13-2009, 04:30 PM
haha i love this guys basis for argument, nothing behind it just a bunch of rambling

what does chris paul have to do with dirk? chris paul could have averaged 50 ppg and 35 assists and it still wouldn't have effected dirks first team selection

duncan on the other hand did not have a superior season to dirk, and if you dont believe it just go look at the stats and then u will stfu

furthermore, you all are just angry because dunncan is just better than dirk based on reputation, this is not based on that its on year by year performances so STFU and go do your homework son

so give me a good reason why chris paul is not on the first team...i have a feeling its going to be because of another player which is your argument against mine...so why dont you stfu and kill yourself u peice of ****in dog ****

bdreason
05-13-2009, 05:24 PM
My major changes would be CP3 over Kobe for 1st team, and Gasol over Pierce for 2nd team.

Kombo
05-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Since when has JO been able to vote?

No kidding...

R.I.P.
05-13-2009, 05:51 PM
so give me a good reason why chris paul is not on the first team...i have a feeling its going to be because of another player which is your argument against mine...so why dont you stfu and kill yourself u peice of ****in dog ****

Because Paul is not a forward and two other guards have gotten more votes. As you can see, if you pay close attention Paul has gotten more votes than Dirk, but the forward position is a bit weak this year, so Dirk edged out Duncan by five votes.

Papaya Petee
05-13-2009, 05:53 PM
I like those teams with two exceptions.

Deron Williams is easily the second best pg in the league he constantly gets ripped off wether its all star games or all nba teams.

Pau Gasol deserves 2nd team. Guys a scoring machine.

miniharrison37
05-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Whoo! Kobe!!!!!!!!

NBASTATMAN
05-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Lucky for Shaq that its that way, otherwise he would have gotten bumped with Duncan getting the 2nd team spot, Yao getting the 3rd team spot, and Garnett moving in to the 3rd team.

Deron Williams had the most votes of anyone not making the team, seems to be a pattern for him with allstar selections and now this.

http://xs539.xs.to/xs539/09203/first135.jpg (http://xs.to)

Deron not making these teams is a travesty.. We are talking about the most skilled player in the league.. NO other player can shoot, dribble, or pass off the dribble like this kid... :confusedshrug:

Valliant13
05-13-2009, 06:07 PM
So CP3 put up the seconds highest PER of all time and it's still not enough to make first team? Damn...what does a guy have to do?

NBASTATMAN
05-13-2009, 06:07 PM
I like those teams with two exceptions.

Deron Williams is easily the second best pg in the league he constantly gets ripped off wether its all star games or all nba teams.

Pau Gasol deserves 2nd team. Guys a scoring machine.

I was thinking the same thing about Pau Gasol he had a better year than Duncan.. He also plays on a much better team... Gasol should have been second team..

AznTacoLover
05-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Well first of all I'm glad brandon roy got 2nd team! :banana: but wtf? deron willams the 2nd best pg in the nba doesn't get get even in the 2nd or 3rd team? wow...

Allstar24
05-13-2009, 06:29 PM
So CP3 put up the seconds highest PER of all time and it's still not enough to make first team? Damn...what does a guy have to do?
Win games.

nbastatus
05-13-2009, 06:40 PM
wow..
deron didnt make it to the 3rd!

NBASTATMAN
05-13-2009, 06:47 PM

Chris had the third highest PER this year he should have been first team but wade had a higher Per and KObe played on the best team in the west.. Both deserved their first team selections..

Biddy77
05-13-2009, 06:49 PM
so glad to see Roy right where he deserved to be-- 2nd Team, with 0 1st place votes. they nailed it.

i was glad to see the teams line up how they did. i do agree that chris paul is a better player than dirk, but going by guard-forward-center, i like how the teams shook out. i'm ok with duncan being counted as either a forward or center since he's spent considerable time at each position in his career. i'll always look at him as a F/C. same with Pau.

my only quibble would be switching duncan and pau. i really feel like pau had the better season, factoring in injuries and consistency, etc.

happy overall, though.

NBASTATMAN
05-13-2009, 07:04 PM
so glad to see Roy right where he deserved to be-- 2nd Team, with 0 1st place votes. they nailed it.

i was glad to see the teams line up how they did. i do agree that chris paul is a better player than dirk, but going by guard-forward-center, i like how the teams shook out. i'm ok with duncan being counted as either a forward or center since he's spent considerable time at each position in his career. i'll always look at him as a F/C. same with Pau.

my only quibble would be switching duncan and pau. i really feel like pau had the better season, factoring in injuries and consistency, etc.

happy overall, though.

Hopefully this kid gets to play with another superstar at one point.. He can be a great one... Portland needs a great big... At this point I don't think Oden is that player... He will be ok though..

JordanL
05-13-2009, 07:54 PM
You know, call me crazy but I think the All NBA 2nd team would have a shot at beating the All NBA 1st team...

Shep
05-13-2009, 08:02 PM
real all-nba teams:

1st
C dwight howard
F lebron james
F dirk nowtizki
G chris paul
G dwyane wade

2nd
C pau gasol
F andre iguodala
F paul pierce
G kobe bryant
G rajon rondo

3rd
C tim duncan
F lamarcus aldridge
F lamar odom
G jason kidd
G brandon roy

Thechosen1
05-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Win games.

lmao ok dwade

Diesel J
05-13-2009, 08:49 PM
wow, Im shocked CP3 didn't make the first team. :no:

JohnRuck
05-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Win games.

im pretty sure they won more games than lost and made the playoffs with a team that was injury plaqued all year.
so yea

correct me if i'm wrong.

cp3 got ripped off because he deserved first team more than anyone on that list except lebron.

22.9 ppg - 8th in the league
11.0 assists per game - led the league
2.8 steals per game - led the league
5.5 rebounds per game

Bodhi
05-13-2009, 09:45 PM
You know, call me crazy but I think the All NBA 2nd team would have a shot at beating the All NBA 1st team...

Not a chance. The All NBA 1st team is one player off from being the Team USA starting lineup. They have more skilled players who are used to playing with each other and they've proven that they can share the ball enough to play well.

magi
05-13-2009, 09:45 PM
real all-nba teams:

1st
C dwight howard
F lebron james
F dirk nowtizki
G chris paul
G dwyane wade

2nd
C pau gasol
F andre iguodala
F paul pierce
G kobe bryant
G rajon rondo

3rd
C tim duncan
F lamarcus aldridge
F lamar odom
G jason kidd
G brandon roy

Absolute trash of a list.

JordanL
05-13-2009, 11:48 PM
Not a chance. The All NBA 1st team is one player off from being the Team USA starting lineup. They have more skilled players who are used to playing with each other and they've proven that they can share the ball enough to play well.

I was more thinking about matchups. Yao always gives Dwight fits, Roy has played Kobe to a standstill as well as anyone can be expected to, CP3 can take Wade...

It would come down to the forwards.

Silverbullit
05-14-2009, 12:10 AM
I was more thinking about matchups. Yao always gives Dwight fits, Roy has played Kobe to a standstill as well as anyone can be expected to, CP3 can take Wade...

It would come down to the forwards.

And who will stop the 1st team forwards?

JordanL
05-14-2009, 12:14 AM
And who will stop the 1st team forwards?

Well it's not like Duncan would be chopped liver or anything. I mean, lets not pretend he was anywhere close to 100% these playoffs.

I don't think there would be any stopping Lebron. You'd have to trap and push out beyond the 3 with Lebron and let Yao and Duncan mop up.

And lets not act like I just said the 2nd team would be favored or anything.

jacqe_dee
05-14-2009, 12:34 AM
Good for Roy, i think he's the 7th best player, leading that Blazers to the 1st PO in many years, he should be fine the next year if Aldrige and oden improve their game..:cheers:

Luigi
05-14-2009, 01:25 AM
And the most underrated player of the year goes to...Deron Williams!

Congrats elite point guard, you get to sit at home for all star games and award ceremonies, despite your constant performance which illustrates that you are similar to the best point in the league/MVP candidate.

This is the last straw. I will never accept team selections as a historical argument for player A being better than player B. MVP awards are well tainted as well. Basically, I don't care what media votes or NBA awards were given to anyone, ever. I'm not listening to that trash anymore. In fact, we should make a list of the greatest travesties in NBA awards and honors, just so we have a library to reference when we encounter these bad historical arguments.

1. Steve Nash MVPs
2. Shaq's number of MVPs

Please, add to the list. Let's make this an airtight case to blow off every award argument for player X. Think back to all star snubs, all nba team mishaps, mvps, finals mvps, anything you can think of.

4. Jerry Sloan 0 COY awards.

dazed27
05-14-2009, 01:44 AM
And the most underrated player of the year goes to...Deron Williams!
Congrats elite point guard, you get to sit at home for all star games and award ceremonies, despite your constant performance which illustrates that you are similar to the best point in the league/MVP candidate.

This is the last straw. I will never accept team selections as a historical argument for player A being better than player B. MVP awards are well tainted as well. Basically, I don't care what media votes or NBA awards were given to anyone, ever. I'm not listening to that trash anymore. In fact, we should make a list of the greatest travesties in NBA awards and honors, just so we have a library to reference when we encounter these bad historical arguments.

1. Steve Nash MVPs
2. Shaq's number of MVPs

Please, add to the list. Let's make this an airtight case to blow off every award argument for player X. Think back to all star snubs, all nba team mishaps, mvps, finals mvps, anything you can think of.

4. Jerry Sloan 0 COY awards.

I AGREE WITH U....BUT I DONT FEEL HE IS UNDERATED....I JUST FEEL HE GETS NO RECOGNITION....MAYBE ITS A UTAH THING?????? I LOVE HIS GAME...I THINK HE GOTS FIRE......

mattevans11
05-14-2009, 02:17 AM
dwill should be on third team for SURE

JustinJDW
05-14-2009, 02:29 AM
Ok, how the hell does Dirk get picked in the First Team over Paul Pierce, Carmelo Anthony and Tim Duncan? Carmelo just rapped Dirk in the Playoffs, Pierce is just better, and Duncan has been better than Dirk his whole Career, including this season. Pierce or Carmelo should have Dirk's spot, and Dirk should be 3rd Team at best. Carmelo gets treated horribly in this League. They don't even put him in the All-Star Game, and then they throw him down to the 3rd Team.

Other than that, everything else is pretty good. I don't really get how Brandon Roy gets picked over Billups and Parker, but it's all good. Here is my All-NBA Team.

All-NBA First Team

Guard - Dwyane Wade
Guard - Kobe Bryant
Forward - Paul Pierce
Forward - Lebron James
Center - Yao Ming

All-NBA Second Team

Guard - Chris Paul
Guard - Chauncey Billups
Forward - Carmelo Anthony
Forward - Tim Duncan
Center - Dwight Howard

All-NBA Third Team

Guard - Tony Parker
Guard - Brandon Roy
Forward - Dirk Nowitzki
Forward - Pau Gasol
Center - Shaquille O'Neal

Most Underrated Player Award - Deron Williams
Most Overrated Player Award - Dwight Howard

:pimp:

Edit: Oh, and I am happy to see the Spurs having two players in the All-NBA Teams. The Spurs, Lakers and Nuggets are the only Teams with more than one player in the All-NBA Teams. Next year, I want to see Ginobili in there, so the Spurs can have three players. :)

Brunch@Five
05-14-2009, 02:35 AM
Carmelo just rapped Dirk in the Playoffs

:roll: :roll: :roll:

idiot

Shep
05-14-2009, 02:38 AM
Absolute trash of a list.
what?

JustinJDW
05-14-2009, 02:39 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

idiotOh no, a guy on the Internet called me an "idiot". What am I ever going to do!?!? How am I ever going to live with myself!?!? :cry:

Brunch@Five
05-14-2009, 02:53 AM
Oh no, a guy on the Internet called me an "idiot". What am I ever going to do!?!? How am I ever going to live with myself!?!? :cry:

Dirk was easily the best player of all second round series. You either have an agenda or no clue of how Basketball works.

Silverbullit
05-14-2009, 03:09 AM
Ok, how the hell does Dirk get picked in the First Team over Paul Pierce, Carmelo Anthony and Tim Duncan? Carmelo just rapped Dirk in the Playoffs, Pierce is just better, and Duncan has been better than Dirk his whole Career, including this season. Pierce or Carmelo should have Dirk's spot, and Dirk should be 3rd Team at best. Carmelo gets treated horribly in this League. They don't even put him in the All-Star Game, and then they throw him down to the 3rd Team.

Other than that, everything else is pretty good. I don't really get how Brandon Roy gets picked over Billups and Parker, but it's all good. Here is my All-NBA Team.

All-NBA First Team

Guard - Dwyane Wade
Guard - Kobe Bryant
Forward - Paul Pierce
Forward - Lebron James
Center - Yao Ming

All-NBA Second Team

Guard - Chris Paul
Guard - Chauncey Billups
Forward - Carmelo Anthony
Forward - Tim Duncan
Center - Dwight Howard

All-NBA Third Team

Guard - Tony Parker
Guard - Brandon Roy
Forward - Dirk Nowitzki
Forward - Pau Gasol
Center - Shaquille O'Neal

Most Underrated Player Award - Deron Williams
Most Overrated Player Award - Dwight Howard

:pimp:

Edit: Oh, and I am happy to see the Spurs having two players in the All-NBA Teams. The Spurs, Lakers and Nuggets are the only Teams with more than one player in the All-NBA Teams. Next year, I want to see Ginobili in there, so the Spurs can have three players. :)

Where is the proof the mentioned players had a better individual year?

JustinJDW
05-14-2009, 03:25 AM
Lol, holy ****. You guys can't seriously believe Dirk deserves the 1st All-NBA spot over Carmelo and Pierce. :oldlol:

Silverbullit
05-14-2009, 04:00 AM
:lol
Lol, holy ****. You guys can't seriously believe Dirk deserves the 1st All-NBA spot over Carmelo and Pierce. :oldlol:

I believe it, seriously.

MMM
05-14-2009, 04:16 AM
I'm a Celtic fan and i believe it, Dirk was the 2nd best forward in the league this year after LeBron and would be 3rd if you include Duncan.

Istealfrombums
05-14-2009, 07:25 AM
Deron get's overlooked again. I'm fine with it, he plays with a passion when this happens.
After the All-Star votes came in he averaged around 30(ish)/10(ish) for a stretch.

Hopefully next year he comes back with something to prove.

omarnyc
05-14-2009, 12:15 PM
i like deron but face it, he plays in the same conference with cp who the media has already declared the best pg in the league so get use to him being overlooked and left off of things, he was also injured and didnt get off to a great start. dirk deserves his 1st team status, he carried the mavs all season.these awards are for the regular season so dont get caught up with melo havin a great playoffs and beating dirk's team, he didnt have a better regular season then dirk. the only spot i would change is chauncey billups,i dont think he should be all-nba. i can argue a few pg's that had a better season.

R.I.P.
05-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Oh no, a guy on the Internet called me an "idiot". What am I ever going to do!?!? How am I ever going to live with myself!?!? :cry:

Probably as bad as you do with the butt-whipping the Mavs put on the Spurs in round one.

Waits for standard reply: We have three rings.

Yada Yada. And Greece once ruled the world.

Floppy
05-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Carmelo just rapped Dirk in the Playoffs

Dirk 34.4/11.6/4 53.3%

Melo 30/6.8/3.4 49.1%

totally raped :cry:

Tricks
05-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Dirk before Paul Pierce and Chris Paul?

Hawker
05-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Dirk before Paul Pierce and Chris Paul?

Didnt know Chris Paul and Paul Pierce played Power Forward.

the_chosen_1
05-16-2009, 10:58 AM
One huge problem, Danny Granger doesn't make any of the three? WTF

Dresta
05-16-2009, 02:19 PM
Think the teams are pretty good tbf, i would have put Paul over Kobe though, and maybe Duncan over Dirk.