View Full Version : Kobe cant find the marshmallows

DuMa
05-15-2009, 01:34 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/11sz2qd.gif

comeon pau, give up the softness!

big props to bigkingsfan for the .gif :pimp:

branslowski
05-15-2009, 01:36 AM
I would have punched Kobe in the fcuckin mouth....Atleast it's not as bad as throwing a TV at a teamate...But bring on the double-standards...:ohwell:

imlmf
05-15-2009, 01:37 AM
hahahahahaha

that's too funny

Brujesino
05-15-2009, 01:38 AM
i would have been pissed if anyone did that to me

TheGrassIsGreen
05-15-2009, 01:38 AM
Is there anything more condescending than petting someone like a dog?

bigkingsfan
05-15-2009, 01:42 AM
This is what Kobe thinks of your post
http://i40.tinypic.com/a5jf49.gif

Killbot
05-15-2009, 01:43 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: WTF?

branslowski
05-15-2009, 01:46 AM
This is what Kobe thinks of your post
http://i40.tinypic.com/a5jf49.gif

Kobe-"(inner thoughts, "Odom n Gasol better stop him) WOWWW!!?? These fcuckers are pure sh!t on defense"....:oldlol:

B-Low
05-15-2009, 01:51 AM
i swear one day kobe's teammates are gonna turn on him like a team of angry sled dogs attacking their abusive master

shortlunatic
05-15-2009, 01:55 AM
lol i love this thread, two memorable gifs lol haha

zabuza666
05-15-2009, 01:58 AM
If I was Pau I would have just slugged him straight in the ****ing mouth. Kobe played like **** as well, so he has no right to jump down Pau's throat

BRINKER
05-15-2009, 02:02 AM
kobe tries too hard to be like MJ. he's so scripted.

imdaman99
05-15-2009, 02:02 AM
:roll: yeah guys, Pau is a bad@ss, he slugs people. Its the Lakers best player raggin the 2nd best player. I'm sure Pau didn't appreciate it, but its not that big a deal. So many keyboard warriors on here I swear :lol

VeeCee15
05-15-2009, 02:06 AM
omg wtf was that.

PAU = more win shares than Kobe.

He is the unheralded hero and most underrated player on the lakers.

Diesel J
05-15-2009, 02:07 AM

KObe punking the big spaniard:roll:

branslowski
05-15-2009, 02:07 AM
kobe tries too hard to be like MJ. he's so scripted.

God, anything Kobe does, you MJ Sperm Chasers claim he's trying to be like MJ...:oldlol:

Im sure Bill Russel, Kareem, Bird, Ewing, Iverson, exc... Got on his Teamates before...I even saw LeBron yell at Varejoe...You guy's are a trip...

Showtime
05-15-2009, 02:08 AM
I never thought about this until now:

Is it possible that LA's softness is related to everybody forced to be submissive to Kobe?

As others pointed out, they allow Kobe to hit them and curse them out. They can't do anything back because he's Kobe. So they take it like a dog with their tails between their legs. And then people expect them to come out hard against a team that's physical. Maybe if the team was allowed to have testicles, this wouldn't happen.

VeeCee15
05-15-2009, 02:10 AM
Kobe has ZERO leadership capabilities.

Well he has some..but all in all, he's not a leader

Allstar24
05-15-2009, 02:10 AM
He was just trying to fire up Pau...no need to read too much into this.

Diesel J
05-15-2009, 02:11 AM
KObe must have a thing for trying to punk Euros:oldlol:

Kobe Elbows Sasha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUUah2xtLqY

KObe would never do that Odom:violin:

Showtime
nvm.......

branslowski

Is it possible that LA's softness is related to everybody forced to be submissive to Kobe?

As others pointed out, they allow Kobe to hit them and curse them out. They can't do anything back because he's Kobe. So they take it like a dog with their tails between their legs. And then people expect them to come out hard against a team that's physical. Maybe if the team was allowed to have testicles, this wouldn't happen.

Im sure Kobe yelling at them, doesnt affect their ability to play defense...

QuickTrigger
05-15-2009, 02:12 AM
seriously kingsfan. when will you have a meaningfull, satisfying team that would stop you from making gifs about other teams' embarrasments? it's like you're only here because you have an unfulfilled fanhood. like conceding your team will forever let you down so you chime in on other's shortcomings. you have no business providing pleasure for beef not your own. ok you have tivo. woop dee ****ing doo.

branslowski
05-15-2009, 02:13 AM

Ofcource its gonna get over read into....Its "The Bean"....

Showtime
05-15-2009, 02:14 AM
Im sure Kobe yelling at them, doesnt affect their ability to play defense...
No, but not being able to stand up to somebody without feeling the wrath of the organization might have something to do with their lack of initiative when facing a team that is exercising their will with physical force. But it's just a thought.

bigkingsfan
05-15-2009, 02:15 AM
seriously kingsfan. when will you have a meaningfull, satisfying team that would stop you from making gifs about other teams' embarrasments? it's like you're only here because you have an unfulfilled fanhood. like conceding your team will forever let you down so you chime in on other's shortcomings. you have no business providing pleasure for beef not your own. ok you have tivo. woop dee ****ing doo.
Hey crybaby, I didn't make the thread, I fulfilled a gif request and made another one because it was related. Don't like it? Go read another thread.

bdreason
05-15-2009, 02:15 AM
He's just trying to fire him up. Nothing wrong with that.

Showtime
05-15-2009, 02:17 AM
I would guess taking an elbow shot from Kobe on the bench isn't really motivating either...

I've never been fired up by our captain going around hitting everybody before tipoff. Must be a socal thing.

shortlunatic
05-15-2009, 02:18 AM
Hey crybaby, I didn't make the thread, I fulfilled a gif request and made another one because it was related. Don't like it? Go read another thread.

dnt evn listen that guy, i appreciate ur gifs

branslowski
05-15-2009, 02:22 AM
I would guess taking an elbow shot from Kobe on the bench isn't really motivating either...

I've never been fired up by our captain going around hitting everybody before tipoff. Must be a socal thing.

Nah, its probably better to mug Teamates at Practice and throw tv's at them....Paxton is rolling in his grave at these comments like "thats all Kobe did?"....

nbastatus
05-15-2009, 02:23 AM
kobe bryant :applause: :applause:

imdaman99
05-15-2009, 02:24 AM

Kinda like how having Chris Paul running around and dribbling 95% of the time doesn't allow the rest of the Hornet players to have the ability to do anything besides wait on hand and knee for Chris Paul to set up every single shot for them? I don't see it lol

dashoebox
05-15-2009, 02:24 AM
Kobe has ZERO leadership capabilities.

Well he has some..but all in all, he's not a leader

i was thinking the same thing. That is not how you lead a team.

nbastatus
05-15-2009, 02:26 AM
if kobe wants to be a great leader.
he should've punch pau in the face!! or pen!s slap him.
j/k

Showtime
05-15-2009, 02:27 AM
Nah, its probably better to mug Teamates at Practice and throw tv's at them....Paxton is rolling in his grave at these comments like "thats all Kobe did?"....
I don't recall MJ, during a game, tossing a tv at a guy on the bench to motivate him. Off the court conflicts are different than this "motivation".

imdaman99
05-15-2009, 02:29 AM
i was thinking the same thing. That is not how you lead a team.
You ever try playing team sports? Or do you play on the internetz all day long?

You HAVE to rag some people. Believe it. Sometimes public humiliation is necessary. I have gotten into so many fights with fellow teammates because they weren't giving it their all. At the end of the day, I wanna win. And I'm sure thats what Kobe wants more than anything as well.

branslowski
05-15-2009, 02:30 AM
I don't recall MJ, during a game, tossing a tv at a guy on the bench to motivate him. Off the court conflicts are different than this "motivation".

My fault, as long as you throw a TV at someone and ***** smack them somewhere other than a Real NBA game, its cool...MJ "coached up" his teamates during games aswelll....

I get it...

If its MJ, LeBron, Ewing, exc...It's leadership, motivation..

If its Kobe...Pathetic..

I learned something...

branslowski
05-15-2009, 02:33 AM
You ever try playing team sports? Or do you play on the internetz all day long?

You HAVE to rag some people. Believe it. Sometimes public humiliation is necessary. I have gotten into so many fights with fellow teammates because they weren't giving it their all. At the end of the day, I wanna win. And I'm sure thats what Kobe wants more than anything as well.

Replace that name with LeBron, Wade, Paul...Automatic different views...

iggy>
05-15-2009, 02:33 AM
pau needs a few light slams every now and then, gotta remind him that this is a mans game.

imdaman99
05-15-2009, 02:34 AM
My fault, as long as you throw a TV at someone and ***** smack them somewhere other than a Real NBA game, its cool...MJ "coached up" his teamates during games aswelll....

I get it...

If its Kobe...Pathetic..

I learned something...
Come on man you know better. MJ could threaten to run over the GM and it would be leadership and stepping up. Kobe calling out Bynum to get better is pathetic and childish right? Ugh double standards

Juges8932
05-15-2009, 02:34 AM
What a ****ing joke. You guys make me ****ing sick. Pathetic.

halffttime
05-15-2009, 02:43 AM
i remember when jordan used to step up to his teammates like that.. :rolleyes:

Showtime
05-15-2009, 02:45 AM

I get it...

If its Kobe...Pathetic..

I learned something...
Can you not understand this point? MJ got into conflicts with his teammates off the court, no doubt about it. But neither he nor his fans tried to pass it off as motivation. Kobe abuses his teammates out of frustration by hitting them, smacking them, and giving them elbows to the ribs, but it's ok because you think he's trying to get them fired up.

imdaman99
05-15-2009, 02:54 AM
Can you not understand this point? MJ got into conflicts with his teammates off the court, no doubt about it. But neither he nor his fans tried to pass it off as motivation. Kobe abuses his teammates out of frustration by hitting them, smacking them, and giving them elbows to the ribs, but it's ok because you think he's trying to get them fired up.
We get it, you hate Kobe. Grow up already. One man obsessing and putting down another is such a girl thing to do. Wait, are you a dude?

Showtime
05-15-2009, 03:03 AM
We get it, you hate Kobe. Grow up already. One man obsessing and putting down another is such a girl thing to do. Wait, are you a dude?
Ironically, you are the one coming off as the one who is immature and needs to grow up.

branslowski
05-15-2009, 03:03 AM

Final Verdict:

He's reaching for something that isnt there...Obviously, Kobe was trying to pump a "Lack luster" Pau Gasol up, he rubbed the back of his head in a manly way...Other leaders of Teams did far worst things than that...But when you wear Agenda shades...views are different...

Showtime
05-15-2009, 03:05 AM
Final Verdict:

He's reaching for something that isnt there...Obviously, Kobe was trying to pump a "Lack luster" Pau Gasol up, he rubbed the back of his head in a manly way...Other leaders of Teams did far worst things than that...But when you wear Agenda shades...views are different...
If this was the first I had seen of it, then I might agree. But after watching Kobe get upset like a child, and cuss out and hit other teammates on multiple occasions, it becomes more than just motivation. But thanks for the verdict judge judy.

And for those that say it's just hate because it's kobe:

Show me evidence of another "leader" trying to "motivate" his teammates by scouling at them and then striking them with an elbow on the bench, or hitting their leg, etc.

I hear Billups brings a tire iron and hides it behind the gatorade.

branslowski
05-15-2009, 03:10 AM
If this was the first I had seen of it, then I might agree. But after watching Kobe get upset like a child, and cuss out and hit other teammates on multiple occasions, it becomes more than just motivation. But thanks for the verdict judge judy.

Well look man, ofcource your not gonna agree that what Kobe did was right...Ofcource your gonna say it was bad...thats what you do...Just put this in the Stock droor with the others things you dont like about Kobe..Hope everything works out with you...

Showtime
05-15-2009, 03:13 AM
Well look man, ofcource your not gonna agree that what Kobe did was right...Ofcource your gonna say it was bad...thats what you do...Just put this in the Stock droor with the others things you dont like about Kobe..Hope everything works out with you...
Show me evidence of another "leader" trying to "motivate" his teammates by giving them an indignant scowl and then striking them with an elbow on the bench, or hitting their leg, etc.

You think it's because it's Kobe. It's not. It's because he's acting like an immature ass, and it's a pattern of behavior and not an isolated event. If this happened from AI, or Sheed, or KG, I would say the same. You think it's hate because you are a Kobe fan and have serious blinders on, and you can't see that anybody else who might do that would be perceived as the total opposite of what you think of Kobe. But because it's Kobe, he gets a pass from his fans.

The very opposite can be said of you. No matter what happens, Kobe will always get the benefit of the doubt from you and he can do no wrong. Hope that works out for you.

OldSchoolBBall
05-15-2009, 03:17 AM

The unravelling of Kobe begins. Not the first time he's crossed the line. Wish I could see it at normal speed. It wasn't a friendly thing, right? He looks like he was admonishing Gasol and yelling at him while doing it. Terrible.

branslowski
05-15-2009, 03:18 AM
Show me evidence of another "leader" trying to "motivate" his teammates by scouling at them and then striking them with an elbow on the bench, or hitting their leg, etc.

You think it's because it's Kobe. It's not. It's because he's acting like an immature ass, and it's a pattern of behavior and not an isolated event. If this happened from AI, or Sheed, or KG, I would say the same. You think it's hate because you are a Kobe fan and have serious blinders on, and you can't see that anybody else who might do that would be perceived as the total opposite of what you think of Kobe. But because it's Kobe, he gets a pass from his fans.

The very opposite can be said of you. No matter what happens, Kobe will always get the benefit of the doubt from you and he can do no wrong. Hope that works out for you.

Nah, Actually I blame Kobe for the 04' and 08' Finals losses.....Also, with this little tap on the head he did to Pau...its not bad at all, no matter who did it...Time to man up...

branslowski
05-15-2009, 03:20 AM
The unravelling of Kobe begins. Not the first time he's crossed the line. Wish I could see it at normal speed. It wasn't a friendly thing, right? He looks like he was admonishing Gasol and yelling at him while doing it. Terrible.

Its always the same ppl....:oldlol:

Showtime
05-15-2009, 03:20 AM
Nah, Actually I blame Kobe for the 04' and 08' Finals losses.....Also, with this little tap on the head he did to Pau...its not bad at all, no matter who did it...Time to man up...
So you would be fine if your teammate got super pissed, walked over, and smacked you while cursing you out? You would be totally fine if, on the bench, he came out of the game and then shot you an elbow? That's what gets you fired up: being physically abused? This isn't a chest bump, a nose to nose/eye contact connection, a grabbed jersey, a "get your head in the game" speech. This is a frustrated guy taking out his frustration, and I don't care who it is, this wouldn't happen to me and go without reaction.

Rose-2-Wolfe
05-15-2009, 03:22 AM

You know...I don't really think his team is soft but if they really are soft...well, maybe you are on to something.

Twiens
05-15-2009, 03:23 AM
There better not be any KG fans in here...

32jazz
05-15-2009, 03:24 AM

If it didn't bother Gasol why should it bother a few internet heroes:confusedshrug: Gasol is a 7 ft tall multi millionaire & I doubt if he needs some guys of the internet coming to his rescue.

Strange obssession over this man(Kobe) out there.

Showtime
05-15-2009, 03:28 AM
If it didn't bother Gasol why should it bother a few internet heroes:confusedshrug: Gasol is a 7 feet tall multi millionaire & I doubt if he needs some guys of the internet coming to his rescue.

Strange obssession over this man(Kobe) out there.
Once again: if this was KG doing the same to big baby, this thread would be made. It doesn't mean it's a Kobe thing. It's an ass hole thing. If KG gets a ton of criticism just for cussing out davis and making him cry, imagine the flurry of critics if he was physically hitting him on the bench.

branslowski
05-15-2009, 03:28 AM
So you would be fine if your teammate got super pissed, walked over, and smacked you while cursing you out? You would be totally fine if, on the bench, he came out of the game and then shot you an elbow?

No, I would have punched Kobe in the mouth because of my reflexes...But as a NBA Leader, you mug a guy in the back of the Head, he knows like you know your trying to motivate him....Im not the Best Example on what a player would do..Cause I wouldnt even be able to take a coach yelling in my face.....This is just like a Ray Lewis seeing a teamate sag his head, so he grabs him by the facemask, yells at him and headbutts him...In the Heat of the moment, its motivation.....If you think this is the worst thing a Leader dd to his teamate on the Bench then your a lost soul...

Rose-2-Wolfe
05-15-2009, 03:29 AM

Take note of Pau's teammates as they realize what is happening. Their body language makes it clear that they have seen it before; they are too scared to confront it so they just start to look away and hope it ends soon.

They are like scared children as "drunken daddy beats mommy" one more time. There will never be a truly cohesive chemistry on that team with Kobe pushing people around like that.

Put Wade or Lebron on that team with everything else intact and watch them take that team to a level they never knew they were capable of.

branslowski
05-15-2009, 03:33 AM
Take note of Pau's teammates as they realize what is happening. Their body language makes it clear that they have seen it before; they are too scared to confront it so they just start to look away and hope it ends soon.

They are like scared children as "drunken daddy beats mommy" one more time. There will never be a truly cohesive chemistry on that team with Kobe pushing people around like that.

Put Wade or Lebron on that team with everything else intact and watch them take that team to a level they never knew they were capable of.

:oldlol: This is amazing...Imagine if Kobe ate a hoagie....

32jazz
05-15-2009, 03:39 AM
Take note of Pau's teammates as they realize what is happening.

If you take note you would see Jordan Farmar pointing his finger in Gasol's face & chewing him a new one & . Again Gasol is a multi millionaire who doesnt need internet heroes coming to his rescue.

Looks like Gasol just relaxed/dropped his head more than anything anyway, but even so the man can take care of himself.

Rose-2-Wolfe
05-15-2009, 04:19 AM
If you take note you would see Jordan Farmar pointing his finger in Gasol's face & chewing him a new one & . Again Gasol is a multi millionaire who doesnt need internet heroes coming to his rescue.

Looks like Gasol just relaxed/dropped his head more than anything anyway, but even so the man can take care of himself.

But Kobe Bryant needs you to come to his rescue?

nnn123
05-15-2009, 04:20 AM
Relax people he just rubbed him on the head a little, not much to obsess over....it's not like he punched him...

Rose-2-Wolfe
05-15-2009, 04:21 AM
:oldlol: This is amazing...Imagine if Kobe ate a hoagie....

:sleeping What would be truly amazing? Imagine Kobe with some actual leadership skills! :banghead:

32jazz
05-15-2009, 04:30 AM
But Kobe Bryant needs you to come to his rescue?
By the looks of the gif Kobe can handle himself just fine:D

So no let them handle it & stop whining. Until Gasol complains or shows it bothers him(which he didn't) I don't see what the issue is(other than this Kobe obssession). I just hate to see the boards cluttered with nonsense.

Jordan Farmar was chewing Gasol out also & that's what happens on the sidelines.

Sir Charles
05-15-2009, 04:43 AM
Kobe is no Leader...:no: You Don`t Punk Your Teamates in front of the Camara on a Live Game even if they are soft!...that only is ambarrasing to them and it lowers their confidence! :rolleyes: . You go in the locker room or after the game and talk and say your shi****t out loud but not in a Game! :banghead:

andredagiant
05-15-2009, 05:09 AM
Kobe needs a good bash, Pau should give it to him, this way you Kobe lovers will still get your Kobe action but he'll just be a bit battered up, man if only shaq was back, if Kobe did this to him, damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn:hammerhead:

Quata
05-15-2009, 06:01 AM
Is it just a few times ive noticed it or does Trevor Ariza always steal Phil Jacksons special high chair during time outs haha:roll:

JustinJDW
05-15-2009, 06:11 AM
Wow. I am sorry, but if Kobe did that to me, I would have knocked him the **** out. There is no way in hell I would let anyone do that **** to me. ***** ass Gasol won't even stand up for himself. *****.

Junny
05-15-2009, 06:16 AM
I didn't watch the game, so someone's gonna have to explain to me. In what context was this done? Pre-game, post-game, during-the-game, they were up, they were down, score was even, etc?

From all I can see from that gif it can look like anything ranging from just teammates fooling around, to Kobe trying to motivate Gasol, to Kobe just straight up being a dickhead. Or maybe he was even trying to cheer him up or something (prob not the most effective way though) :confusedshrug:

It's also hard to judge cause you can't see their facial expressions from this angle.

Not that I'm informed regarding this situation, but I think everybody here is blowing this way out of proportion. It seems to be the case at ISH. I remember the elbow gif, and it wasn't really that bad either. From a Kobe-neutral guy's point of view, some of you Kobe-haters look ridiculous.

Doranku
05-15-2009, 07:50 AM
Wow. I am sorry, but if Kobe did that to me, I would have knocked him the **** out. There is no way in hell I would let anyone do that **** to me. ***** ass Gasol won't even stand up for himself. *****.

:oldlol:

You guys are jokes.

Seriously.

Go outside, stop worrying about Kobe Bryant. :roll:

Cavs2007Champs
05-15-2009, 08:04 AM
I don't care to comment on the degree of Kobe's head push was and all that jazz, but I want to comment on leadership and motivation...

I doubt anyone remembers an article in ESPN the magazine from years back, maybe 2005, I am not sure on the date, but it was about motivating your athletes and getting messages to them during the games.

The article spoke of the Spurs and Pop, and Pop talked about how he has to approach certain players differently, some players you can go up and just chew their ass right out, and other players you have to be much more calm in the manner that you speak to them, and this is true.

You can't just go up to every person on your team and cuss them out, question their toughness, push them, head butt them (NFL players), grab them, or scream to them that they need to be assertive.

A scene can be taken out of "Remember the Titans", yes the Disney movie with Denzel, but when Denzel hollers at the one player, the player walks to the bench demoralized, then the defensive coach pulls the player to the side and asks him in a calm manner and coaches him on what he wants him to do. Look what happens, yes it is a movie but it still holds a point, the player provides results.

Case in point, certain players you can't just cuss at, scream at, or push around, some need you to be "gentle".

You can push or call out these players during the game and get positive results...
KG
Pierce
Nash
Manu
Brandon Roy

Players you don't need to call out, just say to them "you know what time it is" and they know...
Kobe
LeBron
Wade
Duncan
Ray Allen

Players I wouldn't call out in public, but pull to the side and console and be gentle with...
Most Rookies and players within their first 3 years in the league...
Bynum
Gasol
Daniel Gibson
Travis Outlaw
Amar'e
Shawn Marion
Dwight Howard (maybe, I'm still not sure about his in game personality, is he their outright leader, is he just a good player still finding himself)

I don't know if some of you can take the point I am sending out, but you can't treat all players the same, just like you can't treat all people the same way.

bagelred
05-15-2009, 08:21 AM
He wasn't doing anything malicious. Looks like he was trying to wake Pau up, like "C'mon, Pau, get it together......"

Meticode
05-15-2009, 08:25 AM
He wasn't doing anything malicious. Looks like he was trying to wake Pau up, like "C'mon, Pau, get it together......"

Pretty much how I saw it.

Alpha Wolf
05-15-2009, 08:51 AM
Kobe is no Leader...:no: You Don`t Punk Your Teamates in front of the Camara on a Live Game even if they are soft!...that only is ambarrasing to them and it lowers their confidence! :rolleyes: . You go in the locker room or after the game and talk and say your shi****t out loud but not in a Game! :banghead:

hmmmm

“He can’t do anything with the ball. Don’t give it to him.” - Jordan yelling at Paxson who passed the ball to Perdue

“You’re an idiot. You’ve screwed up every play we ever ran. You’re too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you.” - Michael to Horace Grant

“You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can’t get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can’t even stick his ass into people and get more than that…Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward.” - Jordan ripping Stacey King

“Headache tonight, Scottie?” - Michael asks Scottie, while showing him his 2-for-16 line

“Give me the ******* ball.” - Michael to Doug Collins who drew up a play for Dave Corzine

“If you [pass the ball to Bill Cartwright], you’ll never get the ball from me.”

“I hate being out there with those garbagemen. They don’t get you the ball.”

“I hope there’s a jumpshot in there.” - Michael to Stacey King who was walking into the locker room with a box

“They don’t need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that.” - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

“They’ve got no idea what it’s all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don’t have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect? They’re not good for much of anything.”

branslowski
05-15-2009, 09:22 AM
[QUOTE=Alpha Wolf]hmmmm

juju151111
05-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Well, MJ is the ultimate competetor, he wants to win badly, by any means...:rolleyes:

Kobe says this stuff..."He's a crybaby, blaming everyone else, excuse maker, sh!tty teamate, he's no leader"...:rolleyes:

:ohwell:
I actually agree brans. Mj probably did worst things, but it worked. Watch the 96 finals when tony was struggling and passing up open 3 point shot. Mj said "You better take the damn shots or get ur ass on the bench. Tony went on to have one of his best gms.

branslowski
05-15-2009, 09:45 AM
I actually agree brans. Mj probably did worst things, but it worked. Watch the 96 finals when tony was struggling and passing up open 3 point shot. Mj said "You better take the damn shots or get ur ass on the bench. Tony went on to have one of his best gms.

Exactly...I really dont have a problem with what MJ did, or what Kobe does...Im only sick of the double-standards on ISH...If you dont like Kobe, cool, you dont have to...but when ppl bring their double standard agenda bull sh!t to the plate, thats when I...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

TheGame
05-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Kobe as a team leader is a joke. Most of the guys on the team he threw under the bus before the Lakers started to make noise last year. Not to mention how he broke up the dynasty demanding Shaq to leave. When he does bad its okay but when it's his teamates he dogs them.

DuMa
05-15-2009, 10:32 AM
http://laiba.tianya.cn/laiba/images/385921/12417618390261284491/A/1/m.jpg

lakerspng
05-15-2009, 10:50 AM
I didn't watch the game, so someone's gonna have to explain to me. In what context was this done? Pre-game, post-game, during-the-game, they were up, they were down, score was even, etc?

From all I can see from that gif it can look like anything ranging from just teammates fooling around, to Kobe trying to motivate Gasol, to Kobe just straight up being a dickhead. Or maybe he was even trying to cheer him up or something (prob not the most effective way though) :confusedshrug:

It's also hard to judge cause you can't see their facial expressions from this angle.

Not that I'm informed regarding this situation, but I think everybody here is blowing this way out of proportion. It seems to be the case at ISH. I remember the elbow gif, and it wasn't really that bad either. From a Kobe-neutral guy's point of view, some of you Kobe-haters look ridiculous.

Not the most of the people posting negative thoughts in here care, but that was in the first quarter of the game, Lakers were down big because they came out lethargic and were not competing with the Rockets at all. Pau was getting absolutely pushed around and abused by Scola and acting like he just woke up out of bed and forgot there was a game going on. Pau did start to get into the flow of things shortly after. Not saying Kobe's motivational tactics are what got him going, but they're teammates, I'm sure Kobe knows how to get Pau going a hell of a lot better than any of us.

DuMa
05-15-2009, 10:53 AM
hmmmm

“He can’t do anything with the ball. Don’t give it to him.” - Jordan yelling at Paxson who passed the ball to Perdue

“You’re an idiot. You’ve screwed up every play we ever ran. You’re too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you.” - Michael to Horace Grant

“You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can’t get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can’t even stick his ass into people and get more than that…Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward.” - Jordan ripping Stacey King

“Headache tonight, Scottie?” - Michael asks Scottie, while showing him his 2-for-16 line

“Give me the ******* ball.” - Michael to Doug Collins who drew up a play for Dave Corzine

“I hope there’s a jumpshot in there.” - Michael to Stacey King who was walking into the locker room with a box

“They don’t need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that.” - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

“They’ve got no idea what it’s all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don’t have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect? They’re not good for much of anything.”

all those quotes are pretty funny actually :oldlol: it means a lot more different when you were the undisputed best player in the world back then. and when a player like kobe who is regarded as one of the best but not the undisputed best, it comes out a little bit differently.

poido123
05-15-2009, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=Alpha Wolf]hmmmm

mhg88
05-15-2009, 11:12 AM
It seems like Kobe has been more of a d!ckhead this year than usual. I think he's feeling sensitive now that Lebron is widely regarded as the best player in the league.

halffttime
05-15-2009, 11:20 AM

i love ariza's look in here.. you can tell he's picturing himself stabbing kobe's wife..:rolleyes:

Alpha Wolf
05-15-2009, 11:21 AM
F**koff Troll!!! Can anyone get this guy banned?? Its not even an MJ thread, where did you get this info BTW?

A few things to point out here...
1. Kobe was a selfish ballhog in this game...
2. Kobe is in Meltdown mode, running out of things and people to blame..
3. What bad behaviour hasn't Kobe done this series? The dirty tricks has gone to a new level...
4. I get a knot in my guts when I read such blatent homerism from Laker fans in here, think I need a bucket...
5. MJ > Kobe in every aspect of life, END THREAD...:pimp:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IVI5W8Eg3Gs/SI8lYL-M6jI/AAAAAAAAABE/hJEyACF7rNQ/s320/YouMad.jpg

MJ = the most selfish player in NBA history...as proven by his 9 years leading the NBA in Jacking up shots...an NBA record....

Jordan without Pippen was nothing but a bald headed Dominique Wilkins

Kobe>MJ all dey

poido123
05-15-2009, 11:23 AM
i love ariza's look in here.. you can tell he's picturing himself stabbing kobe's wife..:rolleyes:

He looks disgusted...I would be ashamed of my teammate if he did that...

Knoe Itawl
05-15-2009, 11:24 AM
What Bryant fans can't seem to understand is that regardless of what you post about what Jordan did, PEOPLE CAN'T STAND KOBE BRYANT AND PEOPLE LIKED MICHAEL JORDAN. No one ever said Jordan was a saint, and that he didn't do questionable things (like all human beings). However, apparently he was a good enough leader to take the Bulls to 6 rings and earned the respect of his teammates. These Bryant Fanatics always want to bring out what Jordan did as if somehow Kobe is the same person. HE'S NOT. They have totally different personalities. People seemed to want to follow Jordan, even when he was tough on them. Kobe's teammates seem to either fear him or dislike him. Plus KOBE IS NOT NEAR JORDAN AS A PLAYER. Therefore, he also doesn't get the same respect.

There are better ways to lead your teammates than constantly scowling at them, hitting them during a game and what not. I'd love to see these Bryant Fanatics' response to being mushed in the head like that in the middle of a contested game. I'd love to see if they'd be singing Kobe's leadership praises after that.

The guy's a jerk, which is why he does all the dirty elbow stuff and acts like a child. His fanatics are either the same way, or wish they were the same way which is why they defend everything he does.

poido123
05-15-2009, 11:29 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IVI5W8Eg3Gs/SI8lYL-M6jI/AAAAAAAAABE/hJEyACF7rNQ/s320/YouMad.jpg

MJ = the most selfish player in NBA history...as proven by his 9 years leading the NBA in Jacking up shots...an NBA record....

Jordan without Pippen was nothing but a bald headed Dominique Wilkins

Kobe>MJ all dey

(in reading the book you get the feeling that Mr. Smith is not a big Jordan fan) :lol That link is related to the "Jordan Rules" book, covered by Sam Smith who was a beat reporter noted for his disliking of Jordan...Now Im not saying MJ has said the wrong thig to a teammate before, as KnoeItAwl has said, Jordan had the respect and commitment from his teammtes with the way he led the team and clinched 6 rings...Kobe looks like just a spoilt rich boy, who is never happy with what he has or gets...

branslowski
05-15-2009, 11:29 AM
What Bryant fans can't seem to understand is that regardless of what you post about what Jordan did, PEOPLE CAN'T STAND KOBE BRYANT AND PEOPLE LIKED MICHAEL JORDAN. No one ever said Jordan was a saint, and that he didn't do questionable things (like all human beings). However, apparently he was a good enough leader to take the Bulls to 6 rings and earned the respect of his teammates. These Bryant Fanatics always want to bring out what Jordan did as if somehow Kobe is the same person. HE'S NOT. They have totally different personalities. People seemed to want to follow Jordan, even when he was tough on them. Kobe's teammates seem to either fear him or dislike him. Plus KOBE IS NOT NEAR JORDAN AS A PLAYER. Therefore, he also doesn't get the same respect.

There are better ways to lead your teammates than constantly scowling at them, hitting them during a game and what not. I'd love to see these Bryant Fanatics' response to being mushed in the head like that in the middle of a contested game. I'd love to see if they'd be singing Kobe's leadership praises after that.

The guy's a jerk, which is why he does all the dirty elbow stuff and acts like a child. His fanatics are either the same way, or wish they were the same way which is why they defend everything he does.

What if someone threw a tv at you?

Im guessin Kobe is the only player in NBA history to Pet his teamate on the back of the head...Grusome stuff this is...Harsh...:rolleyes:

poido123
05-15-2009, 11:32 AM

Im guessin Kobe is the only player in NBA history to Pet his teamate on the back of the head...Grusome stuff this is...Harsh...:rolleyes:

Gruesome no, belittling and unsportsmanlike yes :pimp:

IamAHAB
05-15-2009, 11:38 AM
:oldlol: first off the gif is hilarious. Second off, why is this such a big deal to people? Dudes on here have no idea what kind of relationship he has with Gasol. this instance to many might seem unexaceptable, but to kobe and pau it might seem normal, in an intense game such as the one the gif is from

poido123
05-15-2009, 11:40 AM
:oldlol: first off the gif is hilarious. Second off, why is this such a big deal to people? Dudes on here have no idea what kind of relationship he has with Gasol. this instance to many might seem unexaceptable, but to kobe and pau it might seem normal, in an intense game such as the one the gif is from

It was clearly wrong, Kobe blew his top and he was looking for a scapegoat...Look at Arizas face, it gives it away :lol

lefthook00
05-15-2009, 11:42 AM
If you guys had watched before and after that gif, Kobe was trying to pump his team up, he wasn't being condescending. Idiots.

Diesel J
05-15-2009, 11:44 AM

:roll:

branslowski
05-15-2009, 11:44 AM
It was clearly wrong, Kobe blew his top and he was looking for a scapegoat...Look at Arizas face, it gives it away :lol

I love sitting back and reading the different theories these guy's use...Scape Goat?? This was the end of the 1st quarter...Phil already stated that Gasol was playing lack luster defense, so Kobe was trying to pump him up...Gasol is a grown man, im pretty sure he didnt take that as a threat...My god, the littlest thing Kobe does, gets blown out of proportion...Im done arguing this...I'll let these idiots drown...thats the "KBU" for ya...:oldlol:

IamAHAB
05-15-2009, 11:46 AM

:oldlol: Yeah dude, clearly.

Get real, you and i and everyone here has NO IDEA, no idea about their relationship whatsoever. Think about it for a second

EDIT: I am not a fan of kobe/lakers

poido123
05-15-2009, 11:50 AM
I love sitting back and reading the different theories these guy's use...Scape Goat?? This was the end of the 1st quarter...Phil already stated that Gasol was playing lack luster defense, so Kobe was trying to pump him up...Gasol is a grown man, im pretty sure he didnt take that as a threat...My god, the littlest thing Kobe does, gets blown out of proportion...Im done arguing this...I'll let these idiots drown...thats the "KBU" for ya...:oldlol:

Hope you enjoy the MELTDOWN in Lakerland when they bundle out...How long are you gonna protect this guy? He does the wrog thing, admit the damn thing! :mad: Problem with idolising players is you dont see what they really are like...:confusedshrug:

poido123
05-15-2009, 11:53 AM
:oldlol: Yeah dude, clearly.

Get real, you and i and everyone here has NO IDEA, no idea about their relationship whatsoever. Think about it for a second

EDIT: I am not a fan of kobe/lakers

Kobe had jacked up 5 or 6 bricks, before he went to carress Gasol's mane on the bench...

Yes, clearly :lol

IamAHAB
05-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Kobe had jacked up 5 or 6 bricks, before he went to carress Gasol's mane on the bench...

Yes, clearly :lol

Way to completely ignore what i said. If you beleive that Kobe was out to intentionally publically harass the player who is reason why his team has been so successful, then go right ahead. your baseless speculations are no fact, do not act like they are.

branslowski
05-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Hope you enjoy the MELTDOWN in Lakerland when they bundle out...How long are you gonna protect this guy? He does the wrog thing, admit the damn thing! :mad: Problem with idolising players is you dont see what they really are like...:confusedshrug:

:oldlol: Ofcource, the usual "your wrong because your a Kobe fan" statement...

The Mental Player Dislike Insider:

This is called "KHS" aka "Kobe Hater Syndrome"...You wan't to turn reality into your own fantasy of whats real or not...so anything positive Kobe does, they want to revert it to a negative...and WARNING: If you don't agree with the "KBU", then it's a simple solution....You are a blind dumb homer....

Knoe Itawl
05-15-2009, 12:05 PM

Look dude, you're a Bryant Fanatic. In dealing with you types for years on this board and elsewhere, I know that you love the man like he was your saviour and nothing will change that. I get it. You guys are like the mother of a murderer. No matter how much evidence there is, "my baby didn't do it".

But for the rest of us here in reality, Bryant is a spoiled jerk. He does crap time and time again that Jordan never did, and people notice it. There's a reason Jordan was so loved, and Kobe is so hated and it's not because people jut want to ignore Jordan's negatives or because people decided to "hate on" poor widdle Kobe. Jordan seemed like a good guy who was an obsessive competitor and sometimes that spilled over into mistakes. Bryant just seems like a child who's thought from an early age that he was better than everyone else. You keep trying to pretend Kobe and Jordan are the same, but they're not. I never said Jordan never made mistakes. He didn't make them in the same egregious manner as Kobe, however.

And that's why for as many fans as Kobe has, he has just as many or more people that absolutely can't stand the guy. This was never the case with Jordan.

As for your attempt at reverse psychology with the "Kobe Hater Syndrome" garbage, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT KOBE FANATICS ARE THE MOST HATED PEOPLE IN ALL OF SPORTS?

lefthook00
05-15-2009, 12:09 PM

LOL now thats funny. That is abuse. The first gif was absolutely nothing though.

John Smith
05-15-2009, 12:26 PM
I would like to see Bean Bryant do that to Ron Artest.

Somehow...I never remember Michael Jordan doing that.

LOL now thats funny. That is abuse. The first gif was absolutely nothing though.

That's a shot straight to the Balls...man Kobe is abusive. Leave those "Colorado Rape" tactics in Colorado Kobe! The Nugz should be worried...

Peter Griffin
05-15-2009, 12:30 PM

Wait a minute thats it!? Thats all he did!? Only way you would think this is a horrible is if you hate Kobe Bryant! With all the crying and replies i a thought he picked up a chair and bashed him in the head with it!

Man, I havent heard this much crying uproar over nothing since the time teachers in Milwalkee went on strike because they felt the kids lunch time was too long!

Sriracha
05-15-2009, 12:34 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I hope this was not serious.

Allstar24
05-15-2009, 12:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq6avQRL37Y&feature=PlayList&p=10BBCA3D00C53BA4&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=39

At least none of KB's teammates hate him to the extent where they want to break his legs...

kumquat
05-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Kobe's a ****ing jerk, he's hit sasha too, no wonder his teammates don't give a **** about him.

LA_Showtime
05-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Kobe's leadership qualities would've been a better fit in the '80s and '90s... ya know, when real men played in the league.

branslowski
05-15-2009, 12:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq6avQRL37Y&feature=PlayList&p=10BBCA3D00C53BA4&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=39

At least none of KB's teammates hate him to the extent where they want to break his legs...

Holly Sh!t dude...Yo, any MJ fans or KG fans in this thread talking mess, GTFO with your double standard BS...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Longly-"Do that again, and you will never play a NBA game again, i'll break your legs"

Grant-"He rode you so far, to the point where he would ride you out of the league"

B.J-"With All The Fights MJ was inhe still said sorry..."

Punching Steve Kerr in the Eye...getting kicked out of practice...

But, im sure this is all due to his competetive nature...unlike Kobe's rubbing Gasol's head, which is due to him being a mean bully azzhole..:(

GTFO...

Kevin_Garnett_5
05-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Holly Sh!t dude...Yo, any MJ fans or KG fans in this thread talking mess, GTFO with your double standard BS...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Longly-"Do that again, and you will never play a NBA game again, i'll break your legs"

Grant-"He rode you so far, to the point where he would ride you out of the league"

But, im sure this is all due to his competetive nature...unlike Kobe's rubbing Gasol's head, which is due to him being a mean bully azzhole..:(

GTFO... :cry:

:oldlol:

Alpha Wolf
05-15-2009, 01:01 PM

GTFO...

The Kerr-Jordan relationship was further strained when the two players took opposing sides in the NBA players' union split during labor talks with league owners. The bitterness came to a head during a practice in which Kerr and Jordan were repeatedly pushing off while defending each other.

Talk about gall. Kerr, who hadn't been in a fight since elementary school, took a hard shove from His Airness and suddenly started swinging. "I knew I had two choices," Kerr says. "Either let it go and be obedient to Michael forever, or fight and probably get my ass kicked. I picked a real winner for my adult fighting debut." He wound up with a black eye.

When Kerr arrived home, he found an apology from Jordan waiting on his answering machine, and the relationship quickly changed for the better. Jordan had previously ridden Kerr for everything from a missed shot to a lack of aggressiveness. That stopped after their fight, and Kerr has since become a Jordan favorite.

poido123
05-15-2009, 01:02 PM

GTFO...

I don't accept MJ's beahaviour either, it is unacceptable too...I think there is reasonable things that teammates do, and then there are things that teamates dont do...Rubbing a grown mans head like that, was too belittle him, I saw no motivation in that whatsoever...I would like to note that Jordan pushed his teammates with trash talk and criticism to make them stronger, but I never saw him hitting his teamates, thats abuse...

branslowski
05-15-2009, 01:08 PM
I don't accept MJ's beahaviour either, it is unacceptable too...I think there is reasonable things that teammates do, and then there are things that teamates dont do...Rubbing a grown mans head like that, was too belittle him, I saw no motivation in that whatsoever...I would like to note that Jordan pushed his teammates with trash talk and criticism to make them stronger, but I never saw him hitting his teamates, thats abuse...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq6avQRL37Y

:no: ....You guy's are right about 1 thing...Kobe doesnt compare to MJ...

Alpha Wolf
05-15-2009, 01:12 PM

:roll::roll: :roll: :roll:

man your a typical hardcore Jordan jocker that's been brainwashed by ESPN and all those Gatorade & Nike commercials

Kobe>MJ Phil agrees

Now go play with your Space Jam doll

SCREWstonRockets
05-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Damn, I think Kobe slapped Pau harder than Skip did House. Suspension please! It's only fair. If Skip goes, Kobe goes. I'm going to foward the .GIF to Stu Jackson for review.

iggy>
05-15-2009, 01:23 PM
im not the biggest kobe lover, but if you think what he did was wrong, than your a loser. kobe wants to win, if he has to physically abuse some of his teammates to wake them the ****, then so be it.

Abraham Lincoln
05-15-2009, 01:36 PM
I would have punched Kobe in the fcuckin mouth....Atleast it's not as bad as throwing a TV at a teamate...But bring on the double-standards...:ohwell:
A double standard be the fact of this heartwrenched thread exceeding 7 pages, but thou's own thread below shan't all but exceed 1 page, merely due to the creedence of thou being a Kobe Bryant fan.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131756

If a soul other than thy Bryant fan writes this, what be the plausable effect in thou's proven unwise view?

"WTF is he doin?? Scared to drive, wanna shoot stupid Jumpers when he knows he's cold...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:"

It be nothing short of a miracle the way thou continues thy attempts to insult the creedence of the wise man.

lefthook00
05-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Ya'll are little girls.

http://thesexycrimes.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/stop-snitching.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/H0TWH33LS/SnitchesGetStitches.jpg

SilkyJohnson
05-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Kobe's leadership qualities would've been a better fit in the '80s and '90s... ya know, when real men played in the league.

That's because real men never take no for an answer...

ProfessorMurder
05-15-2009, 02:21 PM

Hey Silky, I've got a question for you. Did you ever play Thunderball?

(UCB fan)

lefthook00
05-15-2009, 02:21 PM

LOL

shortlunatic
05-15-2009, 02:34 PM
No, I would have punched Kobe in the mouth because of my reflexes...But as a NBA Leader, you mug a guy in the back of the Head, he knows like you know your trying to motivate him....Im not the Best Example on what a player would do..Cause I wouldnt even be able to take a coach yelling in my face.....This is just like a Ray Lewis seeing a teamate sag his head, so he grabs him by the facemask, yells at him and headbutts him...In the Heat of the moment, its motivation.....If you think this is the worst thing a Leader dd to his teamate on the Bench then your a lost soul...

thats not motivation bro...if you think thats proper motivation, you obviously have no leadership skills

sic
05-15-2009, 02:41 PM

I fail to see any kind of sense of leadership coming out of this. In fact looking at expressions of rest of the players( specially Ariza), kobes act seems to be demoralizing his team mates .

Knoe Itawl
05-15-2009, 02:49 PM
I fail to see any kind of sense of leadership coming out of this. In fact looking at expressions of rest of the players( specially Ariza), kobes act seems to be demoralizing his team mates .

Kobe could spit in the face of some of these guys' mothers and they would say "I'm sure she deserved it. GO KOBE!"

SilkyJohnson
05-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Hey Silky, I've got a question for you. Did you ever play Thunderball?

(UCB fan)

No. Why'd you ask? And what is Thunderball? :ohwell:

w00terz
05-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Ariza looks like he is about to tear up. F*cking Kobe. What's the back story behind this anyways?

Superjock
05-15-2009, 03:28 PM
pau gasol needs to man up.im starting to enjoy watching this ariza kid.the lakers have quite a good role player on their hands...

lakers_forever
05-15-2009, 03:30 PM

Farmar looks uncomfortable too.

I am a Lakers fans. Kobe is my favourite player. But that was just wrong.
The best thing for the Lakers and even Gasol's own personality and self confidence was for him to react hard. I think even Kobe would respect him more if he did and would never repeat that kind of thing again.

Knoe Itawl
05-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Farmar looks uncomfortable too.

I am a Lakers fans. Kobe is my favourite player. But that was just wrong.
The best thing for the Lakers and even Gasol's own personality and self confidence was for him to react hard. I think even Kobe would respect him more if he did and would never repeat that kind of thing again.

You're just a ****in hater man! And don't give me that garbage about being a Kobe fan. If you were, you'd just accept everything he does and defend it no matter what. I see through you. HATER!

ProfessorMurder
05-15-2009, 03:51 PM
No. Why'd you ask? And what is Thunderball? :ohwell:

Upright Citizens Brigade was a sort of sketch comedy show on Comedy Central about 10 years ago. In the third season there were recurring jokes alluding to this incredibly deadly sport they made up called Thunderball (a mutation of baseball).

Here's the Upright Citizens Brigade's site for Thunderball rules: http://www.uprightcitizens.org/11/rules.html

In the final episode, where a game of Thunderball is shown and explained... Silky Johnson was the name of the pitcher for the 'New Haven Terrorists'. (One of the best in the league the other being Steve Youngblood).

It's all made up and f*cking hilarious... But it helps if you've seen the show, which I assumed is where you picked your name from.

:pimp:

hayden695
05-15-2009, 04:03 PM
I cant believe people are bytching about this, its playoffs he is the best player on the team and he is frustrated because him and his team are playing like shyt. The lakers organization has alot of pride so if your second best player is playing like shyt try and wake him up. All great players take the leadership role and try to wake their teammates up if they arent playing well. Oh and im no lakers homer trying to justify this, i would be saying this for any player.

TryToBeUnbias
05-15-2009, 04:06 PM
I cant believe people are bytching about this, its playoffs he is the best player on the team and he is frustrated because him and his team are playing like shyt. The lakers organization has alot of pride so if your second best player is playing like shyt try and wake him up. All great players take the leadership role and try to wake their teammates up if they arent playing well. Oh and im no lakers homer trying to justify this, i would be saying this for any player.

BUT its kobe doing it so..........

oh the horror
05-15-2009, 04:09 PM

I think the ONLY thing worse than that, is spitting in someone's face.

SilkyJohnson
05-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Upright Citizens Brigade was a sort of sketch comedy show on Comedy Central about 10 years ago. In the third season there were recurring jokes alluding to this incredibly deadly sport they made up called Thunderball (a mutation of baseball).

Here's the Upright Citizens Brigade's site for Thunderball rules: http://www.uprightcitizens.org/11/rules.html

In the final episode, where a game of Thunderball is shown and explained... Silky Johnson was the name of the pitcher for the 'New Haven Terrorists'. (One of the best in the league the other being Steve Youngblood).

It's all made up and f*cking hilarious... But it helps if you've seen the show, which I assumed is where you picked your name from.

:pimp:

Interesting, I'll definitely look into this!

Incidentally, my name is taken from a character from a sketch show on Comedy Central, called Chappelle's Show :pimp:

hayden695
05-15-2009, 04:18 PM
BUT its kobe doing it so..........
yah i just wish people would look at it like any other player. A thread came up on here one day where somebody posted an article on Larry Bird where it said that they were losing some game and Bird at half time or in a timeout or something basically told them to stop playing like a bunch of pus*ys and to man the phuck up. People on here started the "such a competitor" comments if someone says that about kobe for saying the exact same thing they are a mindless homer on here though. I cnat even believe im typing this though because i hate kobe.

EllEffEll
05-15-2009, 04:27 PM

Come on now killer, was he also trying to make his opponents stronger when he did it to them? That's who Jordan was regardless of who he faced.
---------------
By the way, I'd take that head nuggie over having my team leader fart in my face regardless of why it was done any day of the week.

Some of you act like he was nuking the unborn gay whales for christ.

Newsflash: Kobe is not a perfect person. Nobody is.

I don't love him or hate him. He's just a dude that plays BB.

I thought BB was about the game, not all the personalities. If I want that crap, I'll watch wrestling.

ProfessorMurder
05-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Interesting, I'll definitely look into this!

Incidentally, my name is taken from a character from a sketch show on Comedy Central, called Chappelle's Show :pimp:

Hahaha, oh yeah... Now that you said that I remember Chappelle doing that character in a few episodes.

Actually, I just checked... The Thunderball episode is on youtube in 3 parts. Here's a link to part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15m_i6QPAXE&feature=PlayList&p=A10A89A2E279A1DF&index=63

Just FYI... The first 2 seasons of UCB are on dvd. The Thunderball episode is season 3. There is a season 3 torrent somewhere.

I messed up, the name of the player is Silky Slim. My bad, I hadn't watched it in about 2 years. Still, enjoy Thunderball... haha

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-15-2009, 04:30 PM
lol at this thread.
h@ters making like Kobe did something wrong....apparently many of you don't play team sports.

Peter Griffin
05-15-2009, 04:31 PM

Im not the brightest fish in the woods but, i think Jordan has done the same thing if not worst and i notice everybody on here wants to get in bed with mj, but there calling out a kobe bryant for a weak mug!? Freakin lame!

I havent seen this much softness since I had a orgy with my 4 pillows!

Peter Griffin
05-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Wait a minute thats it!? Thats all he did!? Only way you would think this is a horrible is if you hate Kobe Bryant! With all the crying and replies i a thought he picked up a chair and bashed him in the head with it!

Man, I havent heard this much crying uproar over nothing since the time teachers in Milwalkee went on strike because they felt the kids lunch time was too long!

and i stand by this! and i dont like standing very much!

reppy
05-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Upright Citizens Brigade > Kobe.

artest 93
05-15-2009, 04:55 PM
The fact that some people are defending Kobe on this is hilarious. Another thing some idiots do is to compare what Kobe did to something else that is totally different. If you punch someone, it's not the same as calling them a name in an argument, fyi.

You don't do that to your second best player. You don't do that to anyone.

Imagine if Shaq did that to Kobe in the 2004 finals :roll:

Words are like bullets -- but they are not bullets.

ProfessorMurder
05-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Upright Citizens Brigade > Kobe.

Agreed :cheers:

kumquat
05-15-2009, 05:08 PM
I've never seen more idiotic responses coming from Kobe fan boys trying to justiify what kobe did. If this were any other player it would be the same response except there wouldn't be any f*cktards on the other side trying to justify his actions.

artest 93
05-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Many Kobe fans, Laker bandwagoners and homers will hate to admit it, but Pau is a human being too. He has a brother, a father, a mother -- a family. What if someone did that to your dad?

"It's okay and understandable -- that was Kobe."

That white girl in Colorado was really lucky. Really. Kobe was just inspiring a romantic novel that will be written when he retires...one where he had to overcome a lot of beautiful women over the course of his career. His wife is selfish.

These "Laker fans" just don't get it. A while back when Bynum sent Gerald Wallace (I think) to the hospital, some Laker idiots were actually saying, "Bynum was sending a message to Wallace to not try that sh*t in Bynum's house"

That, my friend, is gold. Purple and gold. If someone did that to Kobe, LA would go on riots.

Peter Griffin
05-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Im not the brightest fish in the woods but, i think Jordan has done the same thing if not worst and i notice everybody on here wants to get in bed with mj, but there calling out a kobe bryant for a weak mug!? Freakin lame!

I havent seen this much softness since I had a orgy with my 4 pillows!

I still stand by this!

zabuza666
05-15-2009, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=Alpha Wolf]hmmmm

Fatal9
05-15-2009, 08:53 PM
That came after the Lakers were making a run and Pau made a couple of good post up baskets. He is not angry at him but did that so to say "lets go".

The Kobe hate in this thread is ridiculous. This video is literally NOTHING and taken out of context.

Da_Realist
05-16-2009, 01:35 PM
hmmmm

Let me try to explain the difference between Jordan and Kobe.

First of all, the above quotes attributed to Jordan were not public quotes meant to embarrass teammates. It's basically hear-say attributed to an anonymous source (long thought to be Horace Grant) that Sam Smith wrote in his book Jordan Rules. This is not even on the level of Phil Jackson writing a book criticizing Kobe because at least PJ signed his name and chose not to do it anonymously.

With that said, where there's smoke there's fire. Some of this may be true but without a proper context it's hard to determine just how mean spirited the comments were. He could said any of these things out of anger or he could have just as easily been joking. As nasty as they say Jordan was, he never really had teammates blast him publicly (and certainly not a coach) after parting ways. There's no real evidence that he was disliked by his teammates. He's been in fights, he's been thrown out of practice, he's had tantrums and he's yelled at teammates. Yet there is no evidence that he's disliked. Wonder why. Maybe because if you play 13 years with the same club, there are going to be ups and downs that level out over time and teammates can see the whole picture better than an author trying to sell a book.

Obviously, Jordan was hard on his teammates and did/said things that would embarrass him if it got out publicly. Why does Jordan get a pass? Because he expected more of himself than he did of teammates. He was harder on himself. You earn respect in the locker room when teammates see that dedication. When he didn't shoot well, he still played defense and did other things that helped the team win games. Teammates respected that, so when Jordan caught them slipping and said something, they understood.

Kobe's different. Kobe can be wildly inconsistent with his effort. He has decided not to give maximum effort for whole quarters or longer. He plays toward the cameras (i.e. plays much harder on a Sunday afternoon game on ABC than a mid-week game on KCAL and is more prone to "showing" leadership when he knows the camera is on him). You can fool fans and you can fool the tv analysts, but you can't fool your teammates. Kobe will go to press conferences talking about how his teammates need to get tougher or make some reference to how they should follow his leadership or learn from his experience but his play would usually be just as bad as theirs. When his teammates see him get pushed around by Boston and then he spends all summer saying his teammates need to get tougher, it falls on deaf ears. He gives the sense that when the Lakers win, it's because the team followed him (regardless of how he actually played) and when the team loses, it's because they didn't support him enough. At least when Jordan criticized his teammates, it would be after he posted a monster game or he died trying. It's an unwritten rule that you can't yell at your teammates to pick it up when you yourself shot 41% and only picked up 2 rebs.

Finally, I think it's interesting that Phil Jackson used video of Jordan to prepare the team for Game 7 (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-40-87/The-Lakers-Seek-Michael-Jordan-Mentality.html). The article makes it sound like PJ wanted Jordan to inspire the whole team but I think it's clear he wanted to inspire Kobe Bryant. He put this out there as a carrot for Kobe and he seemed to be saying, "Shut up and let your play dictate the game".

lakers_forever
05-16-2009, 01:42 PM
You're just a ****in hater man! And don't give me that garbage about being a Kobe fan. If you were, you'd just accept everything he does and defend it no matter what. I see through you. HATER!

:D

JayGuevara
05-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Now I'm not a psychologist, but I am a man. The way Kobe is standing/leaning over Pau could be viewed as supposed to be intimidating. If he just walked to have a calm conversation about the weather, he coulda sat down like I think he starts to do at the end of the clip. But standing over someone while berating them is much more effective. There appeared to be a lil bit of momentum and force in Kobe's movement, that didn't look like Kobe being an adoring groupie and Pau being Fabio and Kobe running his hands gently through Pau's hair. Also, judging by the body language of the surrounding Lakers, it looks like an awkward confrontation. Ariza looks like he's watching a serious car accident, or a donkey show like in Clerks 2, where you wanna look away but can't. But I think what says it all is Derek Fisher, the elder statesmen, the veteran influence, just staring down, completely focused on his warm up shirt I think it is.

But, no matter what I analyze and take outta the clip, we'll prolly never know the actual circumstances. The only definite conclusion I can come to is that if another man ever put his hands on me like that and it wasn't in obvious jest, I would swing immediately. I don't give a **** if it was Kobe, I'm a grown man, nobody is gonna put their hands on me like that.

puppychili
05-16-2009, 04:45 PM
Theres alot I don't like about Kobe but that gif isnt one of them. I think some Laker fans on this board are right in that some people rush to get on Kobe for anything he does. What he did to Gasol doesnt seem like that big of a deal. So he roughed up Pau a bit. Pau is soft as tissue, he needs to get roughed up every once in a while.

But the comparisons to Jordan have to stop. Yes Jordan said and did some mean things, but then he went on the court scored 40 and won the game. Jordan expected everyone to play to his level or at least try to. If you didn't he had no time for you. Maybe that was kinda mean and ruthless but it got the Bulls 6 titles.

Bottom line, Jordan backed up his mouth and his actions with his game. Kobe hasn't done that yet. Thats why Jordan "gets away with more" than Kobe does.

Kobe doesnt have to win 6 rings to be in Jordans class. I just want to see him refuse to lose. Take the team on his back and say "fcuk this I'm not losing, the rest of you need to step up or get out of my way." He's had many opportunities to do this since Shaq left but hasn't stepped up like that yet. I've seen Lebron do that, like the game against the Pistons a few years back and game 7 vs Boston last year. And yes he lost vs Boston but he left it all out there and thats the point.

Thats what Kobe should of done in game 6 but he didn't. Thats what he should of done last year when that 18 point lead was evaporating or when game 6 vs Boston was starting to get out of control, but he didn't. Yes he'll probably have a big game tomorrow vs Houston but Jordan or Lebron or even Wade wouldn't let it go to game 7. Finishing off a team in game 7 when you should of beat them in 5 isn't really something to pop your jersey over.

However much I hate Kobe I still want him to show me something. It's the baskeball fan in me.