On-Stage participant Rod Thorn President
[b]9. Team Name NEW YORK KNICKS
On-Stage participant Allan Houston Assistant to President, Bball Ops
Lottery Room participant Donnie Walsh President, Basketball Operations
Studio Audience Glen Grunwald SVP, Basketball Operations
Studio Audience Scott O

OneMoreSucka
05-15-2009, 01:07 PM
It's a lottery system, you can't be expected to get a certain number....

Shepseskaf
05-15-2009, 01:10 PM
The rumor was that the Knicks envelope was refrigerated before being placed in the lottery bowl.

And Rubio is going to be a bust. Count on it.

Interminator
05-15-2009, 01:11 PM
It's a lottery system, you can't be expected to get a certain number....
I dont and never have believed its a true lottery system.

I personally believe David Stern & others decide the Lottery before it takes place to place certain teams and players in good situations.

Seriously how ****ed would the league be if the Suns ended up with the #1 pick?
By drafting Blake Griffin or Ricky Rubio either will be coming off the bench for their first season and its hard for the NBA to promote their #1 pick if hes a 6th Man.

Chances are Knicks get Rubio and Thunder get Griffin because it seems so right.

Interminator
05-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Not sure how you can consider a European guy to be a bust without seeing him play in an American game.

You more than likely havent seen any Rubio game other than the Olympics.:oldlol:

Good Call assclown.:applause:

branslowski
05-15-2009, 01:13 PM
I don't know this for a fact, so correct me if im wrong but, doesn't the draft take place in NewYork?? If so, this could be the reason they have the most representatives...:confusedshrug:

Foster5k
05-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Doubt it's rigged, but Rubio isn't going to be sh!t. People saying he going to be the next Steve Nash. :lol

This might be worst than Adam Morrison....

If Rubio better than JJ Riddick, I'll be surprised... I know it's too early to tell.. it's just my opinion. Some people think he might be the next Steve Nash, etc.. but I don't.

Interminator
05-15-2009, 01:14 PM
I don't know this for a fact, so correct me if im wrong but, doesn't the draft take place in NewYork?? If so, this could be the reason they have the most representatives...:confusedshrug:
Th Draft Lottery takes place in New Jersey, and even the nearby Nets only have 1 representative.

SCREWstonRockets
05-15-2009, 01:15 PM
As long as they don't rig a trade where Houston sends T-Mac for Larry Hughes and Eddy Curry, I don't really care.

Shepseskaf
05-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Not sure how you can consider a European guy to be a bust without seeing him play in an American game.

You more than likely havent seen any Rubio game other than the Olympics.:oldlol:

Thank you, dipstick. We'll see who's right by this time next year, if you're still around.

El Kabong
So....Does that mean the team with the 2nd most representatives is going to get the 2nd pick?

Interminator
Doubt it's rigged, but Rubio isn't going to be sh!t. People saying he going to be the next Steve Nash. :lol

This might be worst than Adam Morrison....

If Rubio better than JJ Riddick, I'll be surprised... I know it's too early to tell.. it's just my opinion. Some people think he might be the next Steve Nash, etc.. but I don't.
What the **** does Ricky Rubio have to do with JJ Redick?:roll: :roll:

You obviously dont care or dont know so you just needed to think of a white player to compare Rubio to, but Rubio is Spanish so you have to compare him to Jose Calderon just because.:rolleyes:

You make me ashamed to be a black poster on ISH you assclown.

Interminator
05-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Thank you, dipstick. We'll see who's right by this time next year, if you're still around.
I'll still be around.

But its way too early to call Bust on any player just yet, workouts havent begun yet and we dont know which players are going where or which players will officially be in the NBA Draft.

Also 1 year isnt enough to tell if a guy is a Bust, we'll see who's right by this time in 3 years, if you're still around.

Interminator
05-15-2009, 01:21 PM
So....Does that mean the team with the 2nd most representatives is going to get the 2nd pick?
Possibly.

Oklahoma City Thunder taking Blake Griffin at #2.:eek:

Sacramento Kings taking Brandon Jennings at #3.:eek:

Foster5k
05-15-2009, 01:21 PM
What the **** does Ricky Rubio have to do with JJ Redick?:roll: :roll:

You obviously dont care or dont know so you just needed to think of a white player to compare Rubio to, but Rubio is Spanish so you have to compare him to Jose Calderon just because.:rolleyes:

You make me ashamed to be a black poster on ISH you assclown.

No need for the insults...

Anyhow, in your opinion, how good do you think Rubio will be?

I only stated my opinion, what's wrong with that? :confusedshrug:

bagelred
05-15-2009, 01:25 PM
As a Knicks fan, I am so sick of hearing the lottery is rigged. It's so moronic at this point. The highest pick the Knicks ever got since Ewing, if I'm right, was Gallinari last year when Knicks picked 6th. And yes, Knicks once again lost in lottery.

Can we stop already? Knicks executives are probably there simply because its freakin' convenient. It's right across the river!!!!!

Enough already. Wouldn't Knicks have Lebron if the draft was rigged?

Of course, if the Knicks actually do get lucky and get #1 pick, that's all the trolls on this board will be talking about all summer long.

Shepseskaf
05-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Also 1 year isnt enough to tell if a guy is a Bust, we'll see who's right by this time in 3 years, if you're still around.
I think we'll find out pretty quickly that Rubio can't keep an average starting point guard in front of him, and will be a horrible defensive liability. He might be a fancy passer, but his quickness and ability to get off his shot are open questions.

Trust me, it won't take more than a year to come to a conclusion about Rubio.

Valliant13
05-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Though it seems a little far fetched, the lottery process has been weird enough the past few years it wouldn't shock me if something was up.

That said: if the Knicks get the first pick they selecting Blake like everyone else. They might trade him for Rubio and parts, but Griffin is clearly the highest value target by a wide margin.

And for those predicting that Rubio will be some Eurobust scrub: watch him play. The fact that people are comparing him to J.J. and Pistol Pete show me they know nothing about him: shooting is the weakest part of his game. He actually reminds me more of Gary Payton than anyone (minus the post game).
Amazing instincts, Defense, court awareness, and ability to dictate tempo. And he is far from physical maturity.

I suspect he will struggle his first 2-3 years while his body fills out, and he figures out how to get his shot off against NBA caliber athletes, but he will be a excellent point in this league.

Interminator
05-15-2009, 01:29 PM
I think we'll find out pretty quickly that Rubio can't keep an average starting point guard in front of him, and will be a horrible defensive liability. He might be a fancy passer, but his quickness and ability to get off his shot are open questions.

You obviously know nothing because Ricky Rubio is one if not the best defender in Spain, he gets into the passing lanes with ease and keeps his man in front of him.

It will still take 3 years, 1 year to determine an opinion a player as being a Bust is not enough time.

Each team will give a player maybe 3 years or so to see how good they really are btw.

bdreason
05-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Was it rigged last year for the Knicks too?

:oldlol:

And isn't the Lottery in NYC? Of course they are going to have more reps. Other teams aren't going to pay to FLY out 10 reps to NYC (not in this economy).

Another classic Interminator thread.

bagelred
As long as they don't rig a trade where Houston sends T-Mac for Larry Hughes and Eddy Curry, I don't really care.

C'mon man, that was a great idea. You should be thankful if we do that deal with you.

You're welcome.

Valliant13

I don't think that is fair. Not only is he adjusting to a new style of play and different caliber of athlete, he is a good deal younger than most first year players in the NBA. With points, much like bigs, you need to give them a full 2-3 years before you can even start to call them a bust.

iggy>
05-15-2009, 01:32 PM
the knicks:lol

Foster5k
05-15-2009, 01:33 PM

I agree. This guy, Interminator, only good at calling people assclowns, for stating their opinion. I think he is going to be a bust, that is my opinion. I could say Interminator is an assclown, for stating otherwise.

Like I said, it's too early too tell, but, in my opinion, I would be surprised if Rubio will even be as good as JJ Reddick, in terms of offensive ability.

I'm mainly talking to the people who think he will be the next Steve Nash.

Right now... Brooks > Rubio

Jinxed
05-15-2009, 01:34 PM
I wish this were true.

However, all the knicks will be there because THE LOTTERY IS IN FREAKING NEW YORK.

Shepseskaf
05-15-2009, 01:36 PM
I don't think that is fair. Not only is he adjusting to a new style of play and different caliber of athlete, he is a good deal younger than most first year players in the NBA. With points, much like bigs, you need to give them a full 2-3 years before you can even start to call them a bust.
I hear what you're saying, but you can't learn quickness. If you don't have it, you just don't have it. My suspicion, after watching him in the Olympics, is that he doesn't -- but time will tell.

Jinxed
Rubio is coming straight out of high school. You can't call him a bust after a year.

Kobe Bryant averaged 7 points his rookie season out of high school.

El Kabong
Of course, if the Knicks actually do get lucky and get #1 pick, that's all the trolls on this board will be talking about all summer long.
I didn't even think about that. Now i'm kinda hoping you guys don't win it just so I won't have to deal with a truckload of conspiracy threads. We get enough of those in the OTC.

Interminator
Though it seems a little far fetched, the lottery process has been weird enough the past few years it wouldn't shock me if something was up.

That said: if the Knicks get the first pick they selecting Blake like everyone else. They might trade him for Rubio and parts, but Griffin is clearly the highest value target by a wide margin.
Griffin is the highest value right now but that margin will become slimmer after workouts, if he literally dominates everything & everyone during his workouts he will go #1 without any questions or trades suggested.

Chances are more favorable that the margin will be much slimmer or non existent by June 26th.

And for those predicting that Rubio will be some Eurobust scrub: watch him play. The fact that people are comparing him to J.J. and Pistol Pete show me they know nothing about him: shooting is the weakest part of his game. He actually reminds me more of Gary Payton than anyone (minus the post game).
Amazing instincts, Defense, court awareness, and ability to dictate tempo. And he is far from physical maturity.
Most claim shooting is the weakest part of his game due to his set shot but in the European Leagues the PG isn't designated to really shoot at all, most of the time the PG will run the offense and if a shot is open he may or may not take it.
Jose Calderon was considered to be a poor shooter also due to him not taking many outside shots while in Europe, but that has been proven wrong in the NBA.

I suspect he will struggle his first 2-3 years while his body fills out, and he figures out how to get his shot off against NBA caliber athletes, but he will be a excellent point in this league.
I don't think getting his shot off will be a problem in the NBA, he still is taller than most PG's and I doubt he will be the type of PG to pull up and shoot a contested jumper in someone's face like a lot of American PG's do.

Interminator
05-15-2009, 01:37 PM
I wish this were true.

However, all the knicks will be there because THE LOTTERY IS IN FREAKING NEW YORK.
In New Jersey.

Fail.

Valliant13
05-15-2009, 01:38 PM
I agree. This guy, Interminator, only good at calling people assclowns, for stating their opinion. I think he is going to be a bust, that is my opinion. I could say Interminator is an assclown, for stating otherwise.

Like I said, it's too early too tell, but, in my opinion, I would be surprised if Rubio will even be as good as JJ Reddick, in terms of offensive ability.

I'm mainly talking to the people who think he will be the next Steve Nash.

Right now... Brooks > Rubio

That is a pointless comparison. It's like saying Shane Battier is nowhere near the offensive play JR Rider is...so Battier must be a bad player. Even Nash is pointless comparsion: Rubio is a defensive intangibles guy...just because he's white doesn't mean you can use other white players as a template for him. If you really have to at least use the someone kind of comparable like: John Stockton.

Foster5k
05-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Most claim shooting is the weakest part of his game due to his set shot but in the European Leagues the PG isn't designated to really shoot at all, most of the time the PG will run the offense and if a shot is open he may or may not take it.

Rubio going to be the poor mans Jason Kidd. That is my opinion, of course it could be wrong. Anyhow, it's too early to tell, so I can't say for 100% sure he will be a bust, but I think he will. I highly doubt he will have a good rookie season. We'll see.

Valliant13: You make some good points man.. but I just don't see Rubio being what people think he is going to be. You actually think he will be John Stockton like? Can you explain?

Interminator
05-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Was it rigged last year for the Knicks too?
What does last year have to do with the Lottery?
They still ended up getting Danilo who was considered a better fit for the Knicks even before the Draft and people knew of his relationship via his father with Mark Dantoni.

Did you expect New York to land a Chicago PG like Derrick Rose?

And isn't the Lottery in NYC? Of course they are going to have more reps. Other teams aren't going to pay to FLY out 10 reps to NYC (not in this economy).

Another classic Interminator thread.
The Lottery is held in Seacaucus,New Jersey.

Valliant13
05-15-2009, 01:41 PM
I hear what you're saying, but you can't learn quickness. If you don't have it, you just don't have it. My suspicion, after watching him in the Olympics, is that he doesn't -- but time will tell.

True, and there are legitimate questions about his lateral ability...but you can learn angles and court savvy that allow you to compensate on defense. Bruce Bowen was never a fantastic athlete, but his Court IQ, toughness, anticipation and will made him a fantastic defender.

Foster5k
05-15-2009, 01:42 PM
True, and there are legitimate questions about his lateral ability...but you can learn angles and court savvy that allow you to compensate on defense. Bruce Bowen was never a fantastic athlete, but his Court IQ, toughness, anticipation and will made him a fantastic defender.

Valliant, how good you expect Rubio, to be, in the NBA, based on what you have seen.

Interminator
05-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Rubio going to be the poor mans Jason Kidd. That is my opinion, of course it could be wrong. Anyhow, it's too early to tell, so I can't say for 100% sure he will be a bust, but I think he will. I highly doubt he will have a good rookie season. We'll see.
A poor mans Jason Kidd?

You do realize a poor mans prime Jason Kidd is basically a Rajon Rondo-like PG in terms of a PG having an exception ability to attack the basket,rebound,run a fastbreak,and play great defense.

If Rubio is anywhere near as good as Rondo with the showmanship of Jason Williams, espescially in New York he will by hyped like the greatest thing since Kimbo sliced bread.

bagelred
05-15-2009, 01:44 PM
If Rubio is anywhere near as good as Rondo with the showmanship of Jason Williams, espescially in New York he will by hyped like the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Sliced bread is so overrated.

Interminator
05-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Rubio is coming straight out of high school. You can't call him a bust after a year.

Kobe Bryant averaged 7 points his rookie season out of high school.
Rubio isn't coming out of HS hes coming out of the 2nd best basketball league behind the NBA, where he has played for 3 years.

The adjustment will not be due to playing against grown men, it will be adjusting to the NBA from the ACB.

Interminator
05-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Sliced bread is so overrated.
http://www.ciabattarestaurant.com/images/bigstockphoto_italian_and_ciabatta_loaves_of_80631 3.jpg

People once had to cut these things for a bread slice.

Foster5k
05-15-2009, 01:49 PM
A poor mans Jason Kidd?

You do realize a poor mans prime Jason Kidd is basically a Rajon Rondo-like PG in terms of a PG having an exception ability to attack the basket,rebound,run a fastbreak,and play great defense.

If Rubio is anywhere near as good as Rondo with the showmanship of Jason Williams, espescially in New York he will by hyped like the greatest thing since sliced bread.
:lol

I wasn't talking about prime Jason kidd..

Like I said, I could be wrong.. but it's just my gut feeling he will bust.

If he turns out to be as good as Rondo, then I'll be the first one to give him some praise. However, I don't see him ever being an all time great point guard, like some people, on here claim.

Valliant13
05-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Valliant, how good you expect Rubio, to be, in the NBA, based on what you have seen.

You never really know until they play in the league, but if I had to guess:

Worst case: A PG version of Shane Battier.
3rd offensive option on a good team: someone who takes good care of possesions, moved the ball well and makes clutch defensive plays.

Best Case: A less physical Gary Payton with better playmaking ability.

The kid has a court awareness and abilty to anticipate plays on both end that I have never seen in someone that young, and competitive will and toughness that you cannot teach. If he can get his strength and athleticism to even an average level (he has great height and length) he will be very good.

Shepseskaf
05-15-2009, 01:53 PM
Again, I hear you, but learning angles and court savvy won't cut it at the lead guard position. In the other three spots quickness on defense isn't so much of a factor, but lack of lateral movement means that just about any guard he faces is going to be able to get in the lane.

Look at the havoc that Aaron Brooks is causing because the Laker guards, most notably Fisher, can't keep him in front of them. My feeling is that Rubio is going to be shocked when he gets on the same court with the speed that he'll see on a nightly basis.

I'm not wishing him ill, just calling it the way I see it.

Interminator
05-15-2009, 01:53 PM

I wasn't talking about prime Jason kidd..
Then why would you even make that comparison.

pfffft....Ricky Rubio will be a poor mans past his prime Gary Payton:roll:

Like I said, I could be wrong.. but it's just my gut feeling he will bust.

If he turns out to be as good as Rondo, then I'll be the first one to give him some praise. However, I don't see him ever being an all time great point guard, like some people, on here claim.
You could be wrong, you wont be right though.

Nobody claims he will be an All Time Great before he steps on the court for the first time in the NBA, even some of the more knowledgable and respectable posters on this site thought Derrick Rose would be a bust.

You like a lot of people dont want to believe hype, thats your choice.:confusedshrug: But dont call a player you have never seen before a Bust just because you dont want to go along with the hype of other posters.

bagelred
05-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Ricky Rubio:

Best case: Michael Jordan

Worst case: Jerome James

My guess is he'll be somewhere in between those two.

Maniak
Possibly.

Oklahoma City Thunder taking Blake Griffin at #2.:eek:

Sacramento Kings taking Brandon Jennings at #3.:eek:

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

GiveItToBurrito
As a Knicks fan, I am so sick of hearing the lottery is rigged. It's so moronic at this point. The highest pick the Knicks ever got since Ewing, if I'm right, was Gallinari last year when Knicks picked 6th. And yes, Knicks once again lost in lottery.

Can we stop already? Knicks executives are probably there simply because its freakin' convenient. It's right across the river!!!!!

Enough already. Wouldn't Knicks have Lebron if the draft was rigged?

This. And if it's just a matter of the league wanting to give the Knicks a great young point guard to pair with D'Antoni, why didn't they let them win last year and pick Derrick Rose? Or let them win a few years ago when Paul and Williams were available? Or let them get a high enough pick to take Brandon Jennings this year? The conspiracy stuff has to stop; some things work out and look great in hindsight, but there have been too many random, wtf moments in draft history for it to be some kind of grand plan. Like, why didn't the Hawks win the lottery when Dwight Howard was available? Or why didn't the Jazz win it when Bogut was the number one pick? Why didn't the Celtics get Oden or Durant?

GOBB
05-15-2009, 01:55 PM
I like the nonsense that the NBA rigs the lottery especially for the NYK. Yet Yao Ming and Lebron James end up in cities other than NY. Why? If the NBA rigs the draft for NY to catipult it back into the limelight. Why didnt Stern and company give NY LEbron or Yao Ming? Hold your weak excuse/reasoning.

When was the last time the NY Knicks picked #1 in the draft? But again Stern and the NBA rig the lottery in thier favor. Yeah so I'm going to sit here and believe this utter nonsense by our usual suspect threadstarter that Ricky Rubio is the guy who will land in NY and turn that franchise around because D'Antoni has a system that should make Rubio look awesome.

The last time my mind made up such silly scenerios i was in 6th grade.

And last time i checked when did Ricky Rubio become better than Chris Paul who was said to be the most talented PG to enter the draft since Jason Kidd. Why didnt stern just give the NY Knicks franchise Chris Paul? Again hold your weak excuse/reasoning please.

List examples.

Interminator
05-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Ricky Rubio:

Best case: Michael Jordan

Worst case: Jerome James

Head case: Ron Artest

Suit case: Packed

Pillow case: Stuffed

Valliant13
05-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Again, I hear you, but learning angles and court savvy won't cut it at the lead guard position. In the other three spots quickness on defense isn't so much of a factor, but lack of lateral movement means that just about any guard he faces is going to be able to get in the lane.

Look at the havoc that Aaron Brooks is causing because the Laker guards, most notably Fisher, can't keep him in front of them. My feeling is that Rubio is going to be shocked when he gets on the same court with the speed that he'll see on a nightly basis.

I'm not wishing him ill, just calling it the way I see it.

Very fair. And as a Raptors fan I am well aware of the damage having a spanish PG that can't prevent penetration wreaks: I suppose I just rank his athleticism a bit higher than you, and suspect it will improve even more once he gets in a good plyometic program. He also has great size and length for the postion (a legit 6'3 plus with very long arms) that should allow him to play off his man somewhat and still contain him.

Good discussion, much appreciated.

Valliant13
05-15-2009, 01:59 PM

Valliant13: You make some good points man.. but I just don't see Rubio being what people think he is going to be. You actually think he will be John Stockton like? Can you explain?

Whoa...I just meant that of all the white PG he actually had something in common with Stockton (namely his man defense, court vision, and ability to play the passing lanes). Stockton was a much better shooter, and obviously an all time great that Rubio should hope and pray to ever be on par with.

Foster5k
05-15-2009, 02:00 PM
pfffft....Ricky Rubio will be a poor mans past his prime Gary Payton:roll:

I doubt he'll be that bad, but you never know...

You make some good points. I'm just going on my gut feeling. You guys starting to make me like Rubio a little more. Like I said, I could be wrong. I also could be right about him being a bust.

We gotta wait and see. I'm not even going to bash him that bad, if he has a terrible Rookie season. I will wait to cast final judgment, in like 2 seasons possibly 3.

GOBB
05-15-2009, 02:01 PM

You know if NYK doesnt win the lottery there will be threads that they will win it next year to take John Wall. Any guesses who makes that thread?

Interminator
05-15-2009, 02:04 PM
I like the nonsense that the NBA rigs the lottery especially for the NYK. Yet Yao Ming and Lebron James end up in cities other than NY. Why? If the NBA rigs the draft for NY to catipult it back into the limelight. Why didnt Stern and company give NY LEbron or Yao Ming? Hold your weak excuse/reasoning.
Yao went to Houston, because Houston is a major city and has a large asian population and because his handlers made it clear before the Draft he wouldn't play in certain cities, like Memphis for example.

LeBron went to Cleveland because Cleveland couldn't get any lower than the 3rd pick due to their poor season and because Akron is nearby to Cleveland, which makes it seem like the "Hometown Kid" story.

When was the last time the NY Knicks picked #1 in the draft? But again Stern and the NBA rig the lottery in thier favor. Yeah so I'm going to sit here and believe this utter nonsense by our usual suspect threadstarter that Ricky Rubio is the guy who will land in NY and turn that franchise around because D'Antoni has a system that should make Rubio look awesome.
Knicks last picked #1 in 85, and have only had 5 Lottery Picks since 1985.

They had a stretch of 16 years before picking in the Lottery again.

The last time my mind made up such silly scenerios i was in 6th grade.
In 1972.

And last time i checked when did Ricky Rubio become better than Chris Paul who was said to be the most talented PG to enter the draft since Jason Kidd. Why didnt stern just give the NY Knicks franchise Chris Paul? Again hold your weak excuse/reasoning please.
Nobody has yet to mention Chris Paul, and to answer your question the Knicks werent in the 2005 NBA Draft Lottery and Starbury was their PG at the time.

GOBB arrives in a thread,posts nonsense,argues the nonsense, and then takes a nap before repeating the process.

I seriously hope your pacemaker stops.

Valliant13
05-15-2009, 02:05 PM
You know if NYK doesnt win the lottery there will be threads that they will win it next year to take John Wall. Any guesses who makes that thread?

Man oh man...now there is talent worth tanking for. If people think Rose is an explosive for a PG wait until they see this kid. Nicely skilled player as well. I can't wait to see him play NCAA ball.

Interminator
05-15-2009, 02:05 PM
*Looks Around*:rolleyes:

Jinxed
05-15-2009, 02:07 PM
In New Jersey.

Fail.

Apparently you are a moron with no sense of Geography.

Seacaucus is LITERALLY 5 miles from Madison Square Garden..

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=secaucus%20new%20jersey%20google%20map&sa=N&tab=wl&um=1

check it out on the map.

Just admit it, you didn't know this and made a stupid thread.

It's ok..people will forget eventually

Interminator
05-15-2009, 02:08 PM

I doubt he'll be that bad, but you never know...

You make some good points. I'm just going on my gut feeling. You guys starting to make me like Rubio a little more. Like I said, I could be wrong. I also could be right about him being a bust.

We gotta wait and see. I'm not even going to bash him that bad, if he has a terrible Rookie season. I will wait to cast final judgment, in like 2 seasons possibly 3.
Thank You.

:applause:

Players like Rubio who have such other good tools that they can rely on just dont end up as Busts, they may not meet expectations but unless they suffer a serious injury they usually stick around as role players.

If Rubio doesn't become worth his #1 or #2 draft spot he'll still probably stick around in the NBA as a defensive PG or as a back-up PG.

Interminator
05-15-2009, 02:10 PM

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=secaucus%20new%20jersey%20google%20map&sa=N&tab=wl&um=1

check it out on the map.

Nope.

I knew this and once again

Seacaucus,New Jersey is not New York City.

5 Miles, 5 Minutes, 5 Lightyears its not in New York City like you claimed and yes you were wrong.

Interminator
05-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Man oh man...now there is talent worth tanking for. If people think Rose is an explosive for a PG wait until they see this kid. Nicely skilled player as well. I can't wait to see him play NCAA ball.
Pffft...Wall is a poor mans Steve Francis when he played for the Knicks.

Valliant13
05-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Pffft...Wall is a poor mans Steve Francis when he played for the Knicks.

I strongly, strongly, disagree with that. First and foremost he's not a selfish, me first, player that refuses to learn the game. Secondly he is already a better passer and rebounder and defender..and naturally a pass first point, not a undersized shooting guard that can't shoot.

GOBB
05-15-2009, 02:21 PM
Yao went to Houston, because Houston is a major city and has a large asian population and because his handlers made it clear before the Draft he wouldn't play in certain cities, like Memphis for example.

LeBron went to Cleveland because Cleveland couldn't get any lower than the 3rd pick due to their poor season and because Akron is nearby to Cleveland, which makes it seem like the "Hometown Kid" story.

I asked you to save your weak excuses/reasoning. I want to know why New York City got snubbed for these 2 marquee talents who are more marketable than Ricky Rubio ever will be. Why are you rigging the draft for Rubio and not Lebron James and Yao Ming? You realize the financial impact either player could have as a Knick? Of course not. It just conflicts with your silly theory the NBA lottery is rigged. :oldlol:

How do you actually sit there and try to bullshyt me on why Stern & company do not rig the draft for these two talents. You can not think of anything reasonable to say besides "You know what GOBB? Maybe its not rigged.".

I mean Lebron wasnt even the only big name in that draft. Just look at hype, Darko (pfft), Melo and Wade. Even Darko had some minor arguments that he should go before Bron. The euro KG. :eek: Carmelo history was well documented. Brons hs rival so to speak, had an amazing freshman season (top 10 of all time) leading the Cuse to a national title. Why didnt the NBA give this franchise one of those names to support how its rigged?

Like lets take your silly reasons in the quote as truth. For fun lets say the NBA rigged the lottery for Houston and Clevland. Cool. Why doesnt the NBA rig it so NY can land Melo, Wade or Darko? Again please hold your weak excuses/reasoning. Thank you.

Knicks last picked #1 in 85, and have only had 5 Lottery Picks since 1985.

And how many times in the lottery did the Knicks draft within the top 3? You can not argue the draft is rigged when its NEVER helped the NY franchise. Which is the most used franchise for why the NBA would rig a draft. Why does the NBA not rig the lottery before in the Knicks favor but this draft? THIS draft? Oh they will. What makes this draft more special than the past lotteries the Knicks have been in? Ricky Rubio is a nice talent but when you take all the top talent since the Knicks have had lottery picks and throw Ricky Rubio name in the mix? He isnt even a top 5 prospect/talent.

Nobody has yet to mention Chris Paul, and to answer your question the Knicks werent in the 2005 NBA Draft Lottery and Starbury was their PG at the time.

The Knicks took Channing frye at 8. Chris Paul went 4th.

GOBB arrives in a thread,posts nonsense,argues the nonsense, and then takes a nap before repeating the process.

I didnt post nonsense my friend you did. I challenged your conspiracy theory and you cant even give me a solid answer to why during the times Knicks have been in the lottery they NEVER won it nor was given a top 3 slot. I think the Italian rookie from last years draft was the highest lottery pick since Pat Ewing. Could be wrong much like how you were about NYK not being in the 2005 NBA draft. So you can correct me since I've done numerous jobs correcting you ok? Ok.

I seriously hope your pacemaker stops.

And i seriously hope you one day give some serious thought to the threads you create. All I ask for. Not even a hard task.

GOBB
05-15-2009, 02:22 PM

I cant wait to see him play. Lots of hype with this kid. Watching highlight videos and not actual game footage doesnt suit me well. With Rose I was able to see a couple high school games. But most importantly a college season to really give an opinion on how talented he was/could be.

GOBB
05-15-2009, 02:25 PM

check it out on the map.

:applause:

Valliant13
05-15-2009, 02:26 PM
I cant wait to see him play. Lots of hype with this kid. Watching highlight videos and not actual game footage doesnt suit me well. With Rose I was able to see a couple high school games. But most importantly a college season to really give an opinion on how talented he was/could be.

True that. In fairness I'm going off multiple scouting reports, in lieu of first hand viewing, so they could just be feeding me a line of bull****. That said the little I have seen has been spectacular, and all the review from trusted people has been glowing.

Interminator
05-15-2009, 02:34 PM
I asked you to save your weak excuses/reasoning. I want to know why New York City got snubbed for these 2 marquee talents who are more marketable than Ricky Rubio ever will be. Why are you rigging the draft for Rubio and not Lebron James and Yao Ming? You realize the financial impact either player could have as a Knick? Of course not. It just conflicts with your silly theory the NBA lottery is rigged. :oldlol:

How do you actually sit there and try to bullshyt me on why Stern & company do not rig the draft for these two talents. You can not think of anything reasonable to say besides "You know what GOBB? Maybe its not rigged.".

I mean Lebron wasnt even the only big name in that draft. Just look at hype, Darko (pfft), Melo and Wade. Even Darko had some minor arguments that he should go before Bron. The euro KG. :eek: Carmelo history was well documented. Brons hs rival so to speak, had an amazing freshman season (top 10 of all time) leading the Cuse to a national title. Why didnt the NBA give this franchise one of those names to support how its rigged?

Like lets take your silly reasons in the quote as truth. For fun lets say the NBA rigged the lottery for Houston and Clevland. Cool. Why doesnt the NBA rig it so NY can land Melo, Wade or Darko? Again please hold your weak excuses/reasoning. Thank you.

And how many times in the lottery did the Knicks draft within the top 3? You can not argue the draft is rigged when its NEVER helped the NY franchise. Which is the most used franchise for why the NBA would rig a draft. Why does the NBA not rig the lottery before in the Knicks favor but this draft? THIS draft? Oh they will. What makes this draft more special than the past lotteries the Knicks have been in? Ricky Rubio is a nice talent but when you take all the top talent since the Knicks have had lottery picks and throw Ricky Rubio name in the mix? He isnt even a top 5 prospect/talent.

The Knicks took Channing frye at 8. Chris Paul went 4th.

I didnt post nonsense my friend you did. I challenged your conspiracy theory and you cant even give me a solid answer to why during the times Knicks have been in the lottery they NEVER won it nor was given a top 3 slot. I think the Italian rookie from last years draft was the highest lottery pick since Pat Ewing. Could be wrong much like how you were about NYK not being in the 2005 NBA draft. So you can correct me since I've done numerous jobs correcting you ok? Ok.

And i seriously hope you one day give some serious thought to the threads you create. All I ask for. Not even a hard task.

You know what GOBB, the Lottery isn't rigged.

Keep arguing with yourself.

I'm done discussing this until May 19th, I may be right due to my suspicions of how the NBA places certain picks with slotted players with certain teams in the Lottery.

I might be wrong and the Wizards,Kings,& Grizzlies end up with the top 3 picks.

However with the NBA fans and media members fueling hype the Knicks will make a run at LeBron in 2010 and sign him in 2010 it would make sense if they landed a marketable PG in Rubio who could excel in their offense on a Knicks team that isn't so far off from being a Playoff contendor next season.

dnyk1337
05-15-2009, 02:38 PM
the knicks:lol

Why are you such a useless poster? Why would you waste our time, and come in this thread just to write that? I wasted 2 seconds reading your post that I'll never be able to get back. You're bitter... Knicks>>YOU+PHILLY:lol

flipogb
05-15-2009, 02:38 PM
In New Jersey.

Fail.

the actual draft is in New York, I dont know why anyone would
automatically assume the lottery is there too

and as for it being rigged, if it was, GS or LA Clippers wouldve gotten 1st pick
when Yao came out

GOBB
05-15-2009, 03:03 PM
You know what GOBB, the Lottery isn't rigged.

I made you see the light

Keep arguing with yourself.

No I'll point out errors in your post and correct you which I've done. Thats why you have little to say back in response.

I'm done discussing this until May 19th, I may be right due to my suspicions of how the NBA places certain picks with slotted players with certain teams in the Lottery.

You're not right. For every argument you give for a team winning it I can counter it with how another team would make more sense to have that particular pick. Fans like conspiracy theories. This is no different than fans thinking playoff performance has a factor in deciding the MVP. Yet votes are in at the final regular season game in the NBA. But since the NBA decides the winner latter in the postseason fans just assume it factors. And even when you break down this logic I just presented to you they still believe in thier conspiracy theory.

I might be wrong and the Wizards,Kings,& Grizzlies end up with the top 3 picks.

The thing is if NY doesnt win the lottery you'll give a reason to why just like you did the past lotteries NY was in and didnt win. You'll always have excuses. :confusedshrug:

However with the NBA fans and media members fueling hype the Knicks will make a run at LeBron in 2010 and sign him in 2010 it would make sense if they landed a marketable PG in Rubio who could excel in their offense on a Knicks team that isn't so far off from being a Playoff contendor next season.

With Lebron you dont need a marketable PG. Heck for fun if they got Lebron chances are they would land another top free agent pick. If NY won the lottery I would trade the pick. Get some proven, established players to surround your marquee FA signings Lebron and _____ (whoever else). You're guranteed success instantly with Bron but if you can build around him as well and use that #1 pick as bait to do so? I'm all for this personally.

Interminator
05-15-2009, 03:04 PM
and as for it being rigged, if it was, GS or LA Clippers wouldve gotten 1st pick
when Yao came out
Why is that?

Outside of asian populations both were historically bad teams, and the Clippers havent won a Lottery since 1998.

Chances are that Yao's handlers would've balked at him playing for such a bad Warriors team at the time before the 2002-2003 season.

I think Yao with the Clippers would've been great but Houston was the perfect fit as the heir to Hakeem.

Interminator
05-15-2009, 03:06 PM
I made you see the light
Nah you actually wanted me to post that.

But Im done discussing the conspiracy theory for now, we'll see on May 19th whether my suspicions were right or were wrong regarding the Knicks.

LJJ
05-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Hehe. All the teams sending GM's, the head coach or the president and the Timberwolves just sending Kevin Love.

qrich
05-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Link to this?

Interminator
05-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Hehe. All the teams sending GM's, the head coach or the president and the Timberwolves just sending Kevin Love.
Kevin McHale is bad luck.

Kevin Love could be pretty lucky, hopefully Minnesota doesn't land the #1 pick because it would put his job in jeopardy.

Rekindled
05-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Kevin McHale is bad luck.

Kevin Love could be pretty lucky, hopefully Minnesota doesn't land the #1 pick because it would put his job in jeopardy.

NY Comeback
05-15-2009, 03:17 PM
This thread is becoming an annual ISH tradition.

couldn't you have just bumped the thread from last year?

wang4three
05-15-2009, 03:20 PM
The Knicks were going to get the #1 pick when LeBron came. Then they were supposed to get Okafor. Following that they were to get the #1 pick when Oden/Durant came out. Now they're going to get it here? Not sure if it's rigging to get the #1 pick in arguably what is supposed to be the worst draft since 2000.

Rekindled
05-15-2009, 03:24 PM

whoever makes that thread will be an idiot since the Knicks dont have a first rounder next year(owned by utah)

Rekindled
05-15-2009, 03:24 PM
The Knicks were going to get the #1 pick when LeBron came. Then they were supposed to get Okafor. Following that they were to get the #1 pick when Oden/Durant came out. Now they're going to get it here? Not sure if it's rigging to get the #1 pick in arguably what is supposed to be the worst draft since 2000.

the lottery is strong for the first 2 picks.

Sriracha
05-15-2009, 03:27 PM

The irony.

dnyk1337
05-15-2009, 03:29 PM
2010 will be the worst year in NYK franchise history. Placing bets now. Watch us get the 1st pick, and Utah gets a ****ing second franchise player. Then NO free agents worth max contract even give us a look, and we don't resign key guys because we were supposed to save money... 2011=lottery contention for the Knicks again.

GOBB
05-15-2009, 03:45 PM
whoever makes that thread will be an idiot since the Knicks dont have a first rounder next year(owned by utah)

Well consider the source of this thread. :oldlol:

niko
05-15-2009, 03:55 PM
They've done this before and failed. So, your theory is pretty stupid. Also, the lottery is in (drumroll) NY. As opposed to other teams flying people in, we can walk across the street.

So stop with the bull****. If they fixed the lottery why the **** did Yao go to Houston and not NY? There's 20 examples like this. NY since Ewing has never got the bounce of the ping pong balls. So if we get a lucky bounce again 25 years later its a fix?

DwadeOverLebron
05-15-2009, 11:32 PM
i think it is fixed! NOT cuz of the amount of knicks personel that will be in attendance there HEY its in NYC or New jersey! i dunno one of the two! but lets look at it from a logical spectrum.

the NBA is a business behemoth! no other sport has gotten so fast so popular in such a short span of time as professional basketball! you think this is coincidental? HELL NO! from the globalization to the tv ratings... EVERYTHINGS strategically influenced to bring in streaming revenue to the NBA!

with that being said... if you were commissioner of the NBA and your main job is to bring in the most revenue while maintaining or at least try to maintain a form of integrity with out breaking the moral/ethic code... what better way to do it than a lottery! that no one sees, or witness except for like 2-3 poeple who btw are working for you!

im not certain on this but i believe the NBA is the only sport that has a lottery drawing to determine the picks, i know in football the worst team gets the first pick and the picks are assorted from worst to best record, and i believe baseball and hockey is like this also... so y not basketball???

AGAIN i know for a FACT the NBA lottery is rigged! but to be honest... i don't give a F.awk! I'm gonna ask it again... if you were the commish and your goal was to bring in the most revenue... you wouldn't manipulate it in order for business? i sure as hell would!

Derrick ROSE BABY!

big baller
05-15-2009, 11:55 PM
SLAM rocks! I got 2 years (20 issues) for $20!!! Normally its $5 an issue, I get 1 poster in each which I put up...YAH!

GOBB
05-16-2009, 01:48 PM
i think it is fixed! NOT cuz of the amount of knicks personel that will be in attendance there HEY its in NYC or New jersey! i dunno one of the two! but lets look at it from a logical spectrum.

the NBA is a business behemoth! no other sport has gotten so fast so popular in such a short span of time as professional basketball! you think this is coincidental? HELL NO! from the globalization to the tv ratings... EVERYTHINGS strategically influenced to bring in streaming revenue to the NBA!

with that being said... if you were commissioner of the NBA and your main job is to bring in the most revenue while maintaining or at least try to maintain a form of integrity with out breaking the moral/ethic code... what better way to do it than a lottery! that no one sees, or witness except for like 2-3 poeple who btw are working for you!

im not certain on this but i believe the NBA is the only sport that has a lottery drawing to determine the picks, i know in football the worst team gets the first pick and the picks are assorted from worst to best record, and i believe baseball and hockey is like this also... so y not basketball???

AGAIN i know for a FACT the NBA lottery is rigged! but to be honest... i don't give a F.awk! I'm gonna ask it again... if you were the commish and your goal was to bring in the most revenue... you wouldn't manipulate it in order for business? i sure as hell would!

Derrick ROSE BABY!

You know for a FACT but offer no FACTS. Amazing. Then you said YOU would manipulate the lottery for your own agenda which is to somehow generating revenue to the league. So therefore because YOU would manipulate it then EVERYONE ELSE would do so as well. And again you know this for a FACT, yet offer...no FACTS. Amazing part II.

I just want to know why NY hasnt won the lottery given how many star, fan appealing players have come the last few years. Really kills your silly argument. BUT like most conspiracy theorist with "FACTS" you'll have an excuse.

BlazersDozen
05-16-2009, 02:30 PM
The number one pick is going to either Memphis, Milwaukee or Minnesota.

niko
05-16-2009, 02:39 PM
There were times where giving the #1 pick to the Knicks would be a slam dunk bonanza (Lebron, Yao, etc.) and they did not but now that it's not such a sure thing, the league will cheat on our behalf.

SURE.

Undisputed
05-16-2009, 03:18 PM
I remember hundreds of posts saying this about Derrick Rose before the start of last season. :oldlol:

Rubio will definitely be able to cut it in the NBA. The kid's court vision is great and his basketball IQ is well beyond his years.

Wouldn't suprise me at all if the NBA has been rigging the lottery system.

lilgodfather1
05-16-2009, 03:59 PM
There were times where giving the #1 pick to the Knicks would be a slam dunk bonanza (Lebron, Yao, etc.) and they did not but now that it's not such a sure thing, the league will cheat on our behalf.

SURE.
True. And that right there is why I don't believe the lottery is rigged. Why in the hell would LeBron James play in Cleveland if it was? Why would Duncan be part of SAS? I mean I do not see it really. If the NBA was fixing the lottery why would they not have Tim and LeBron playing in Chicago or NY, etc.

twolvesfan
05-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Knicks are basically bringing their entire front office to the Lottery, why would they do this if they are expected to get the #8 overall pick.

This is nothing more than David Stern and Nike's plan to place Ricky Rubio with the Knicks to better promote him in a system where he can flourish and be considered as somewhat of a savior to the Knicks.

Watch the Pete Maravich comparisons return due to the Nike marketing machine.

Ricky also has his own brand of Nike shoes which would probably be coming to a shoe store near you before his rookie season begins.

Slam Magazine:
http://slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/ricky-rubio-slam-307x425.jpg
ya well i got a BJ from bigfoot:pimp:

utahjazzrock
05-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Bump this thread when/if the Knicks get the #1 pick.
It's just a rumor.
I'll make an avy bet they wont get #1 b/c Im sick of everybody saying NBA is rigged(even though at times I too find it this way)

bagelred
05-16-2009, 06:41 PM
I think the league is rigged AGAINST the Knicks.

I mean, Isiah Thomas must have been working as a conspiracy against the Knicks. C'mon....no one can believe he's actually THAT stupid!!! :lol

Interminator
05-18-2009, 09:12 AM
If the Knicks beat the odds and surge to No. 1 or 2, they are expected to take Spanish point guard Ricky Rubio, the 19-year-old phenom whom Mike D'Antoni faced in the 2008 Olympics.

Blake Griffin, the bullish Oklahoma forward, is the consensus No. 1 pick, but the Knicks prefer the Spanish playmaker. UConn 7-foot-3 center Hasheem Thabeet is the consensus third pick and could fill the Knicks' glaring lack of shot blocking.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/05172009/sports/knicks/if_spanish_point_guard_is_gone__curry_ma_169709.ht m

GOBB
05-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Bump this thread when/if the Knicks get the #1 pick.
It's just a rumor.
I'll make an avy bet they wont get #1 b/c Im sick of everybody saying NBA is rigged(even though at times I too find it this way)

If the NYK win the lottery it doesnt prove the NBA is rigged.

04mzwach
05-18-2009, 01:53 PM
T-wolves letting the rookie go to the lottery. Rare? Kevin Durant. Maybe not.

Interminator
05-18-2009, 01:57 PM
If the NYK win the lottery it doesnt prove the NBA is rigged.
It does.

The NBA & Nike want a guy like Ricky Rubio in New York, it just fits too naturally being a spanish PG,already being marketed in Spain,flashy style of play,void at PG for Knicks,and New York eventually becoming competitive in the future.

I was one of the few who thought the Bulls would end up with Rose, even though like the Knicks this year they were a long shot.

The Bulls needed a hometown guy like Derrick Rose in order to make one of the premier basketball cities & team competitive again rather than having Rose end up in Minnesota or Memphis where it would be tough to promote him.

Trust me the NBA wants this to happen, and it would prove that its rigged only for the fact of getting certain players on certain teams to help improve the team and better market the player.

Milwaukee-Andrew Bogut?????

The NBA realized that Milwaukee wouldn't draft a PG like Chris Paul #1 so he could fall to Atlanta at #2 although that didnt really work out.

Toronto-Andrea Bargnani????

The NBA realized that Toronto needed another player to team with Bosh and who better than an international big man playing for an international team like Toronto.

Its conspiracy theory but for every #1 pick they have organized since 1998 has been for a reason not 100% related to basketball, some worked out and others didnt work out.

Seriously I would be shocked if the NBA allowed their top 3 picks to go to Sacramento,Washington, & the Clippers.

wang4three
05-18-2009, 02:02 PM
the lottery is strong for the first 2 picks.

Eh, I don't think Blake and Rubio are any stronger than the last few years' top picks.

HiphopRelated
05-18-2009, 02:05 PM
theories get more ridiculous yearly

Interminator
05-18-2009, 02:07 PM
I think the NBA has organized it in such a way where

Knicks pick 1st and take Rubio
Thunder pick 2nd and take Griffin
Kings pick 3rd and take Jennings or Harden
Wizards pick 4th and take Thabeet
T'Wolves pick 5th and take DeRozan or Curry

That just fits too perfectly.

Interminator
05-18-2009, 02:07 PM
theories get more ridiculous yearly
You can call it ridiculous.

The NBA knows what its doing when they are doing Lotteries which affect how they promote players.

icewill36
05-18-2009, 02:14 PM
You can call it ridiculous.

The NBA knows what its doing when they are doing Lotteries which affect how they promote players.

you're an idiot...

so tired of these dumb conspiracy threads. STFU with this non-sense

i remember how everyone was so sure knicks would get the no. 1 pick when yao ming was coming out.

ZeN
05-18-2009, 02:17 PM
I think the NBA has organized it in such a way where

Knicks pick 1st and take Rubio
Thunder pick 2nd and take Griffin
Kings pick 3rd and take Jennings or Harden
Wizards pick 4th and take Thabeet
T'Wolves pick 5th and take DeRozan or Curry

That just fits too perfectly.

hence f*cking the clippers :(

GOBB
05-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, Michael Beasley, Chris Paul, Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, Yao Ming all entered the draft as better TALENTS than Ricky Rubio. To make my point more clear if we can isolate these players NBA status/success and focus solely on the hype around each prospects talent entering the NBA draft? They ALL would rank over Ricky Rubio. Yet NONE of those players were given to the NY Knicks. So the NBA is going to give the NY Knicks franchise the #1 pick so they can take Ricky Rubio. When they passed over this MAJOR MARKET with BETTER TALENT. Makes sense.

Almost as much sense as Tim Duncan going to the SPURS instead of Philadelphia or Boston. Why wouldnt a dominant big man prospect not go to these cities rather a city that already HAD a top big man in Drob?

Why wouldnt the NBA rig the lottery for Boston and Chicago when Greg Oden and Kevin Durant were drafted? Thats twice the NBA didnt give Boston a bigtime prospect big man. You see how I am bytchslapping your silly argument?

If you want to predict the NYK want Ricky Rubio over any draft prospect? Fine. But do not tell me the NBA lottery is rigged for certain teams where numerous arguments say otherwise.

NYK have never drafted within the top 3 where the cream of the crop talent is often projected to be. Why if the lottery is rigged? Makes zero sense. How is Derrick Rose any more marketable than OJ Mayo? Mayo was drafted by Minnesota then traded to the Memphis Grizzlies. Why didnt the NBA care about his future in marketability and promoting him? They could have rigged the draft so the NY Knicks would get OJ Mayo who was more popular than Derrick Rose. Again your argument makes no sense.

And when NYK dont win the lottery or end up with a top 3 pick. You'll have another bogus reason for it wont you? Of course. A conspiracy theorist always has a backup save face plan.

niko
05-18-2009, 02:27 PM
It does.

The NBA & Nike want a guy like Ricky Rubio in New York, it just fits too naturally being a spanish PG,already being marketed in Spain,flashy style of play,void at PG for Knicks,and New York eventually becoming competitive in the future.

I was one of the few who thought the Bulls would end up with Rose, even though like the Knicks this year they were a long shot.

The Bulls needed a hometown guy like Derrick Rose in order to make one of the premier basketball cities & team competitive again rather than having Rose end up in Minnesota or Memphis where it would be tough to promote him.

Trust me the NBA wants this to happen, and it would prove that its rigged only for the fact of getting certain players on certain teams to help improve the team and better market the player.

Milwaukee-Andrew Bogut?????

The NBA realized that Milwaukee wouldn't draft a PG like Chris Paul #1 so he could fall to Atlanta at #2 although that didnt really work out.

Toronto-Andrea Bargnani????

The NBA realized that Toronto needed another player to team with Bosh and who better than an international big man playing for an international team like Toronto.

Its conspiracy theory but for every #1 pick they have organized since 1998 has been for a reason not 100% related to basketball, some worked out and others didnt work out.

Seriously I would be shocked if the NBA allowed their top 3 picks to go to Sacramento,Washington, & the Clippers.

you know i thought you were trying to be tounge in cheek here but you honestly are just dumb. So, the Bulls, the Magic, other teams in history can somehow overcome the odds, but the Knicks, they cannot, because that would be cheating. You do know the odds of them in the top 2 are like 4%. FOUR PERCENT. That's not impossible. There have been far less likely scenarios which have occured. That makes no sense.

The Knicks every year send a giant contingent. NY Papers hope for a #1 pick. NY Fans hope for the pick. And it doesn't happen. BUT, in this case, in a weaker draft, if it happens (after it just happend last year and the year before) a higher seed getting the #1 pick will be NY. Because NY can't win the lottery.

Just because you decided to follow what the Knicks did this year doesn't mean it's strange behavior. It just you picking things out of your ass to defend your theory.

The lottery process dictates any of the teams can win it. Some of them have a small chance comparitively. But its not getting hit by lightning or winning lotto small. It's just unlikely small.

I'm not sure if you are trying to be a troll, are just so dumb that the simple math eludes you, or just want there to be a conspiracy so badly that you ignore all facts. But I'm just at a total loss that after being totally ***** slapped to reality with facts you KEEP coming back again with the same argument.

GOBB
05-18-2009, 02:35 PM
But I'm just at a total loss that after being totally ***** slapped to reality with facts you KEEP coming back again with the same argument.

lol niko agreed

niko
05-18-2009, 02:52 PM
lol niko agreed
i'm not unreasonable i think! :no: Let's just not discuss that actually..

This whole thing irks me though. The Knicks, us the fans, we are ****ted on by our team, by our owner, the people he hires, and have basically had a season that wasn't a total disaster simply because the new GM seems to actually have a plan. That was our big win this year. Having a coherent plan between GM and Coach.

Winning the lottery would be a miracle and so great. I 99.9% doubt it, i doubt it more than the actual chance we have. But the thought is nice.

And yet, despite that we sucked and have nothign good for year upon year upon year someone comes with the theory that we are not allowed to have anything good happen because that would be the league cheating. If the league is going to cheat for us could they ****ing have started years ago when it would have really helped us?

So any other team's fans, lottery dreams are ok. Knicks, no - they would be cheating. That's ridiculous. What the **** is that? We aren't allowed to have something good happen?

bagelred
05-18-2009, 03:05 PM
The Knicks have a 10% chance of getting a Top 3 pick. So geez, it COULD actually happen. It's not a freakin' conspiracy. Knicks moving into a Top 3 spot are about the same odds of rolling a 10 on your first try if rolling two dice. IT'S POSSIBLE.

If everyone understood how the actual ping pong balls are selected, they would realize that fixing it would be virtually impossible. It's done with a 4 number code....read about it.

Lakas Fan Yo
05-18-2009, 11:04 PM
This whole thread basically reads "Ricky Rubio is white so he will suck". There is way too much racism allowed in this forum.

dab0yech0
05-19-2009, 03:43 AM
I wouldn't mind if the Knicks win and draft Rubio only if the Clippers get the 2nd pick and take Blake Griffin

Interminator
05-19-2009, 11:04 AM
Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, Michael Beasley, Chris Paul, Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, Yao Ming all entered the draft as better TALENTS than Ricky Rubio. To make my point more clear if we can isolate these players NBA status/success and focus solely on the hype around each prospects talent entering the NBA draft? They ALL would rank over Ricky Rubio. Yet NONE of those players were given to the NY Knicks. So the NBA is going to give the NY Knicks franchise the #1 pick so they can take Ricky Rubio. When they passed over this MAJOR MARKET with BETTER TALENT. Makes sense.
You think these guys are better talents than Ricky Rubio?

Its not just that I think they do it depending on where a team is at at a certain point like where the Knicks were this season and how close they are becoming to be competitive.

Almost as much sense as Tim Duncan going to the SPURS instead of Philadelphia or Boston. Why wouldn a dominant big man prospect not go to these cities rather a city that already HAD a top big man in Drob?
Since 98' it has been tweaked.
Boston not getting Duncan was a sign they needed to do something drastic or select Yi.

Why wouldnt the NBA rig the lottery for Boston and Chicago when Greg Oden and Kevin Durant were drafted? Thats twice the NBA didnt give Boston a bigtime prospect big man. You see how I am bytchslapping your silly argument?
Because they wanted Oden in Portland, they already had an up and coming PF in Aldridge and the addition of Oden would give the Blazers a new Twin Towers.
Not to mention Nike is based out of Oregon, and it gives them a much more accessible way to promote the Blazers.

Durant went to Seattle, and im sure they thought it would be great to re-invent the Blazers-Sonics rivalry with their 2 young stars.

Memphis is actually the team that was screwed the most because we had the worst record, the best chance in the Lottery, and yet the #1 and #2 picks went to the teams with the 5th & 7th worst records.Portland had statistically a .053 chance to get the #1 pick and any way of that happening would be a miracle but there is no way something that unlikely comes out on the 1st try.:rolleyes:

If you want to predict the NYK want Ricky Rubio over any draft prospect? Fine. But do not tell me the NBA lottery is rigged for certain teams where numerous arguments say otherwise.
Keep them coming.

NYK have never drafted within the top 3 where the cream of the crop talent is often projected to be. Why if the lottery is rigged? Makes zero sense. How is Derrick Rose any more marketable than OJ Mayo?
Because Derrick Rose is more marketable because of his style of play, and because hes in a major market like Chicago which just happens to be his hometown.

Mayo was drafted by Minnesota then traded to the Memphis Grizzlies. Why didnt the NBA care about his future in marketability and promoting him? They could have rigged the draft so the NY Knicks would get OJ Mayo who was more popular than Derrick Rose. Again your argument makes no sense.
Mayo isnt highly marketable at all, he lacks any ounce of personality, and im sure the NBA did not know that Minnesota would draft and trade Mayo.
Im sure the NBA thought they could promote a Mayo-Jefferson duo if they ever became successful.

And when NYK dont win the lottery or end up with a top 3 pick. You'll have another bogus reason for it wont you? Of course. A conspiracy theorist always has a backup save face plan.
Nope after the Draft everything will come full circle to me.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 11:15 AM
you know i thought you were trying to be tounge in cheek here but you honestly are just dumb. So, the Bulls, the Magic, other teams in history can somehow overcome the odds, but the Knicks, they cannot, because that would be cheating. You do know the odds of them in the top 2 are like 4%. FOUR PERCENT. That's not impossible. There have been far less likely scenarios which have occured. That makes no sense.
Its not cheating, the NBA just organizes it in a way and yeah the Lottery was rigged for Orlando & Chicago to draft Howard & Rose.

The Knicks every year send a giant contingent. NY Papers hope for a #1 pick. NY Fans hope for the pick. And it doesn't happen. BUT, in this case, in a weaker draft, if it happens (after it just happend last year and the year before) a higher seed getting the #1 pick will be NY. Because NY can't win the lottery.
I just have a gut feeling that this is the year, where else better in the NBA among lottery teams could they better promote a PG from Spain than in New York playing for the Knicks.

Just because you decided to follow what the Knicks did this year doesn't mean it's strange behavior. It just you picking things out of your ass to defend your theory.

The lottery process dictates any of the teams can win it. Some of them have a small chance comparitively. But its not getting hit by lightning or winning lotto small. It's just unlikely small.
I've always followed the Knicks, they were once my favorite team.

I'm not sure if you are trying to be a troll, are just so dumb that the simple math eludes you, or just want there to be a conspiracy so badly that you ignore all facts. But I'm just at a total loss that after being totally ***** slapped to reality with facts you KEEP coming back again with the same argument.
Keep them coming.

Im not trolling, I can literally make an argument for almost each #1,#2,#3 picks since 1998' to show you how the NBA organizes it in such a specific way.

You dont have to believe it, and I've said wait and see the Lottery this evening.

niko
05-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Its not cheating, the NBA just organizes it in a way and yeah the Lottery was rigged for Orlando & Chicago to draft Howard & Rose.

I just have a gut feeling that this is the year, where else better in the NBA among lottery teams could they better promote a PG from Spain than in New York playing for the Knicks.

I've always followed the Knicks, they were once my favorite team.

Keep them coming.

Im not trolling, I can literally make an argument for almost each #1,#2,#3 picks since 1998' to show you how the NBA organizes it in such a specific way.

You dont have to believe it, and I've said wait and see the Lottery this evening.

If you predict something unlikely, and it happens, it doesn't mean it's a conspiracy, it just means you got lucky. Are you like a retard? Something that has a 5% chance of happening is far from impossible.

And a lot of your theory seems to rest on the Knicks picking Rubio. I hate to break it to everyone, that was a blurb from the post that SI.com featured in rumors, ie - a reporter made some **** up and reported it as facts. If the knicks get the #1 pick they are picking BLAKE GRIFFIN, and no one else.

The_Yearning
05-19-2009, 12:11 PM

Almost as much sense as Tim Duncan going to the SPURS instead of Philadelphia or Boston. Why wouldnt a dominant big man prospect not go to these cities rather a city that already HAD a top big man in Drob?

NYK have never drafted within the top 3 where the cream of the crop talent is often projected to be. Why if the lottery is rigged? Makes zero sense. How is Derrick Rose any more marketable than OJ Mayo? Mayo was drafted by Minnesota then traded to the Memphis Grizzlies. Why didnt the NBA care about his future in marketability and promoting him? They could have rigged the draft so the NY Knicks would get OJ Mayo who was more popular than Derrick Rose. Again your argument makes no sense.

why do you waste your time arguing with little kids ol'e chump?

Interminator
05-19-2009, 12:25 PM
If you predict something unlikely, and it happens, it doesn't mean it's a conspiracy, it just means you got lucky. Are you like a retard? Something that has a 5% chance of happening is far from impossible.
But on the first try it goes against the 95% chance of it not happening.
Thats good to believe miracles basically happen in terms of the Lottery but the Lottery shapes teams futures, and marketing giants pay close attention to it.

And a lot of your theory seems to rest on the Knicks picking Rubio. I hate to break it to everyone, that was a blurb from the post that SI.com featured in rumors, ie - a reporter made some **** up and reported it as facts. If the knicks get the #1 pick they are picking BLAKE GRIFFIN, and no one else.
They'll take Rubio, history has proven that you take an Elite PG prospect over an Elite SF/PF prospect.
Where would the Bulls be if they took Beasley over Rose?
Now where would the Hawks be if they took Paul/Deron over Williams?

History does not lie, if you have a chance to land an Elite PG prospect you take them 10/10 times unless there is an Elite C prospect(Oden) or a Once in A Generation prospect(LeBron) at a position available.

I like their Forward core of DG,Chandler,Q-Rich,and Harrington thats solid but adding Griffin would cause the Knicks to have to move one of them in a trade or make Chandler & DG back-ups.

Maybe its because Im very high on Wilson Chandler but a good PG who can get him the ball could help turn Chandler into one of the top 5 SF's in the NBA.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 12:54 PM
:banghead: Ouch.
The NBA literally hand delivered them a choice of Williams,Paul,or Felton because due to their record they couldn't get lower than the 3rd pick.

They take Marvin Williams.:applause:

Very good player and could possibly develop into a star in an upgraded role, but they would have been better sooner with the addition of Williams or Paul.

Not to take anything away from Mike Bibby, but a Chris Paul/Joe Johnson/Josh Smith core from Day 1 would have a better chance of reaching a NBA Finals than Bibby/JJ/Josh Smith.

niko
05-19-2009, 01:02 PM
But on the first try it goes against the 95% chance of it not happening.
Thats good to believe miracles basically happen in terms of the Lottery but the Lottery shapes teams futures, and marketing giants pay close attention to it.

They'll take Rubio, history has proven that you take an Elite PG prospect over an Elite SF/PF prospect.
Where would the Bulls be if they took Beasley over Rose?
Now where would the Hawks be if they took Paul/Deron over Williams?

History does not lie, if you have a chance to land an Elite PG prospect you take them 10/10 times unless there is an Elite C prospect(Oden) or a Once in A Generation prospect(LeBron) at a position available.

I like their Forward core of DG,Chandler,Q-Rich,and Harrington thats solid but adding Griffin would cause the Knicks to have to move one of them in a trade or make Chandler & DG back-ups.

Maybe its because Im very high on Wilson Chandler but a good PG who can get him the ball could help turn Chandler into one of the top 5 SF's in the NBA.

Dude if you think a 5% chance of something happening constitutes a miracle then you honestly are retarded and I really shouldn't bother anymore. 5%. Not .00005%. 5%. Did you see when Bagelred explained to you that's like rolling a 10 on the dice? Miracle?

The education system in this country is truly crap i tell you.

stephanieg
05-19-2009, 01:12 PM
If Blake goes to the Thunder as the #1 pick then yeah, it's rigged for the home town hero.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 01:12 PM
I remember saying something during the Olympics like "...All the Americans, especially black Americans, talking sh!t on Rubio, would flip their opinion 180, if they were Told Ricky Rubio was from the South Bronx...."
That would be a miracle because we all know the Bronx had never produced any good athlete.:oldlol:

...With the Knicks drafting him, he'll be a hero to all the LAtin Kids in the BX, bushwick, Corona, etc.
Latin kids, & white kids maybe.:confusedshrug:

bagelred
05-19-2009, 01:14 PM
The NBA literally hand delivered them a choice of Williams,Paul,or Felton because due to their record they couldn't get lower than the 3rd pick.

They take Marvin Williams.:applause:

Yup, probably one of the strangest and dumbest choices in recent history. The Hawks needed a PG badly, they have 2 amazing ones to choose from, and they choose another swingman which they had plenty of. Now they still need a PG.

Never understand it.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Dude if you think a 5% chance of something happening constitutes a miracle then you honestly are retarded and I really shouldn't bother anymore. 5%. Not .00005%. 5%. Did you see when Bagelred explained to you that's like rolling a 10 on the dice? Miracle?

The education system in this country is truly crap i tell you.
Thats not entirely the case.

How a team with a 5% chance gets the #1 pick and a team with a 9% chance to get the #2 pick gets the #2 pick.

That in my opinion is a miracle or such a highly unlikely occurence espescially in a Lottery of only 14 teams using pinballs.

bagelred
05-19-2009, 01:24 PM

How a team with a 5% chance gets the #1 pick and a team with a 9% chance to get the #2 pick gets the #2 pick.

That in my opinion is a miracle or such a highly unlikely occurence espescially in a Lottery of only 14 teams using pinballs.

You do realize the Kings only have a 25% of getting the Top pick, even though they are the worst team. I guess its a miracle if they win too.

sipitri
05-19-2009, 01:27 PM

The combination of that 2 should be around 0.5%.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 01:27 PM
Yup, probably one of the strangest and dumbest choices in recent history. The Hawks needed a PG badly, they have 2 amazing ones to choose from, and they choose another swingman which they had plenty of. Now they still need a PG.

Never understand it.
Then they correct this mistake in 07' by taking Acie Law.

A 2.9 PPG 1.6 APG 37%FG season later and they will be trying it again in the 2009 NBA Draft.

The NBA doesn't have control over dumb picks, but I do believe they place teams in a position to make a good pick.

Like in 98' when the Clippers took Olowokandi, although everyone thought they should draft Bibby,including Bibby himself who only worked out for the Clippers.:confusedshrug:

Interminator
05-19-2009, 01:29 PM
For certain, Stern knows it's a win-win, the Guido kids in Staten and Long Island will claim him as their own too, the Jewish Kids in BK & Manhattan will caliam he's Sephardic, it's a win-win-win-win.:applause:

Only folks losing are NBA franchises other than NY Knicks.:lol
Yeah New York loves the flashy PG dynamic, most of their bred players continue to the tradition.

He will definetly fill seats and because he seems like a good kid everyone will give him the credit for making the Knicks better.

He also fits well being 6'4 and having great defensive skills and awareness for his age he can guard opposing 2's with Nate Robinson guarding the opposing PG.

Brandon Jennings would be a good pick for NY if they picked him if they dont get #1 or #2.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 01:33 PM
The combination of that 2 should be around 0.5%.
Maybe I'll retract from my "Miracle" statement because thats making a few posters get soiled panties.

The combination of a team with a 5% chance of getting the #1 pick and a team with a 9% chance of getting the #2 pick, who each happen to be located in the same region and had a rivalry is not a miracle, just a very strange occurance.:confusedshrug:

niko
05-19-2009, 01:34 PM
You do realize the Kings only have a 25% of getting the Top pick, even though they are the worst team. I guess its a miracle if they win too.

He honestly is too stupid to get the math. I thought he was trying to be funny, but the x% concept is too hard for him. He really thinks it's infininitely small. It's absurd how stupid you have to be not to get the concept of 5%.

niko
05-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Maybe I'll retract from my "Miracle" statement because thats making a few posters get soiled panties.

The combination of a team with a 5% chance of getting the #1 pick and a team with a 9% chance of getting the #2 pick, who each happen to be located in the same region and had a rivalry is not a miracle, just a very strange occurance.:confusedshrug:

and something being unlikely doesn't make it a conspiracy. And thus, your thread, is retarded. We have conspiracy threads on each and every thing that happens in the nba. Thus, everytime something happens, someone predicted it, thus it is a conspiracy by your logic.

I'm sorry, dumb is dumb.

Blue&Orange
05-19-2009, 01:40 PM
The only miracle is how people still waste time arguing with you. Let's see Chicago, Portland, Toronto, Milwaukee, Orlando, Cleveland, all bigger markets and chicago getting the 1st pick when NY had a better seed. All this with the lottery rigged for NY, i wonder if it wasn't.

tastystaci
05-19-2009, 01:41 PM

It's the same chance of Jose Calderon missing a freethrow. Or playing poker and hitting a two outer on the river. So yes, I would consider that a miracle also.

niko
It actually doesn't matter because they just walk out with envelopes and never show any proof of anything resembling a fair lottery based on chance and percentages...sooo......chill.

You chill. I don't have to look at something retarded and accept it as correct not to be argumentative.

And you are about 3,776 thousand times wrong. The have auditors and representatives from the league watch the drawing.

niko
It's the same chance of Jose Calderon missing a freethrow. Or playing poker and hitting a two outer on the river. So yes, I would consider that a miracle.
i really hope you are being funny. 5% is not a miracle.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Kings have a 25% chance but they can't get lower than the 4th pick, and they have the best chance to do so.

In my opinion the Lottery goes

1.New York
2.Oklahoma City
3.Sacramento
4.Washington
5.Los Angeles
6.Minnesota
7.Memphis
8.Golden State
9.Toronto
10.Milwaukee
11.New Jersey
12.Charlotte
13.Indiana
14.Phoenix

Bold=100% sure of order
Toronto is a very slight possibility due to the international dynamic of Rubio.

And once again to show how the Draft unfolds, in my opinion

1.Knicks-Ricky Rubio
2.Thunder-Blake Griffin
3.Kings-Brandon Jennings or James Harden
4.Wizards-Hasheem Thabeet
5.Clippers-Best Player Available or Prospect Clippers Fall In Love With

GOBB
05-19-2009, 01:42 PM
It actually doesn't matter because they just walk out with envelopes and never show any proof of anything resembling a fair lottery based on chance and percentages...sooo......chill.

So its not a fair lottery because you arent shown the actual process? :oldlol:

I swear some fans counters are comedy. Unintentional humor. I love it.

niko
05-19-2009, 01:45 PM
So its not a fair lottery because you arent shown the actual process? :oldlol:

I swear some fans counters are comedy. Unintentional humor. I love it.

and i've learned that most ISH'ers can't do remedial math. :banghead:

GOBB
05-19-2009, 01:46 PM
and i've learned that most ISH'ers can't do remedial math. :banghead:

:roll: Kids are hopeless.

tastystaci
05-19-2009, 01:47 PM
i really hope you are being funny. 5% is not a miracle.

That's 1 out of 20 times! That means over 20 years, it would only happen once. Those are long odds, entering the miracle status. I guess you don't watch poker much. If you did, you would see that a two outer on the river is a "miracle" card. Why? Because the odds of it happening are 1 IN 20! :lol

Interminator
05-19-2009, 01:49 PM
and something being unlikely doesn't make it a conspiracy. And thus, your thread, is retarded. We have conspiracy threads on each and every thing that happens in the nba. Thus, everytime something happens, someone predicted it, thus it is a conspiracy by your logic.

I'm sorry, dumb is dumb.
You dont believe it is a conspiracy, why the **** are you still even posting in this thread?

If you dont believe it, move on.

Yet that concept is too hard for you because you feel the need to argue about why I'm wrong when you clearly dont believe it nor want to believe it.:oldlol:

You are literally in this thread arguing against my opinion on the Lottery, while providing no facts because there are no facts to support my statements or your statements, just an own opinion on it.

Seriously its been pure comedy how much this is now affecting you, at leats GOBB understood its my own opinion and went ahead and took his afternoon nap before watching Guiding Light instead of going back and forth with me for pages arguing against my opinion.

You refuse to reach a middle ground in this discussion, so just delete this thread from your subscription.

So ****ing simple, it amazes me how you have wasted so much time.:oldlol:

niko
05-19-2009, 01:51 PM
That's 1 out of 20 times! That means over 20 years, it would only happen once. Those are long odds, entering the miracle status. I guess you don't watch poker much. If you did, you would see that a two outer on the river is a "miracle" card. Why? Because the odds of it happening are 1 IN 20! :lol

1 in 20 is not a miracle. Once in 20 years something happening does not qualify as a miracle. If you think that, i'm kind of sorry your schooling has failed you, and if you lived close by, i'd gladly tutor you as a mind is a terrible thing to waste. (And god knows enough of you are wasting it.) But no, 5% does not qualify as a miracle.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 01:53 PM
If it was a fair lottery, the NBA could pick the f@#king balls out right in front of everyone. The last time they did that was when 91 ? STFU and think before you post, I don't care who you are or how many posts you got, you lose on this draft front SON...
GOBB was around when you got a letter in the mail if you were drafted.

All the Draft is is chances based out of 1000 yet statistically certain teams from 9-14 each year are given.

Its done behind closed doors, all we see is a pinball machine when they cut to it behind the scenes.

All I know is that there is a bald man who opens up the envelopes, I have the right to question the ligitimacy of the NBA Lottery.

niko
05-19-2009, 01:55 PM
You dont believe it is a conspiracy, why the **** are you still even posting in this thread?

If you dont believe it, move on.

Yet that concept is too hard for you because you feel the need to argue about why I'm wrong when you clearly dont believe it nor want to believe it.:oldlol:

You are literally in this thread arguing against my opinion on the Lottery, while providing no facts because there are no facts to support my statements or your statements, just an own opinion on it.

Seriously its been pure comedy how much this is now affecting you, at leats GOBB understood its my own opinion and went ahead and took his afternoon nap before watching Guiding Light instead of going back and forth with me for pages arguing against my opinion.

You refuse to reach a middle ground in this discussion, so just delete this thread from your subscription.

So ****ing simple, it amazes me how you have wasted so much time.:oldlol:

there is no middle ground. you are wrong. if i predict it will snow in april and it does (which it does once ever 15 years or so) it doesn't make me psychic. If you predict something with a low probability and it happens, it doesn't make it a conspiracy.

i say you are really dumb. you say you are not. let's just say you are kind of dumb and call it middle ground. :confusedshrug: Dude, middle ground?

Carry on! But for the love of god will you all stop with the grade school special ed level math? :rant I'm so going to home school my daugher if this is what we are churning out.

tastystaci
05-19-2009, 01:55 PM
1 in 20 is not a miracle. Once in 20 years something happening does not qualify as a miracle. If you think that, i'm kind of sorry your schooling has failed you, and if you lived close by, i'd gladly tutor you as a mind is a terrible thing to waste. (And god knows enough of you are wasting it.) But no, 5% does not qualify as a miracle.

:wtf: Why do you keep bringing up schooling and math when it comes to your vs. my definition of a "miracle". 1-20 is a f*ckin longshot. Once every 20 years is a f*ckin longshot. So you're telling me if a team was a 20-1 dog to win a series, it wouldn't be a miracle for them to win? You're outta you're f*ckin mind. You and Gobb have the same "God Complex". You really should get your righteous head out of your righteous anus.

niko
05-19-2009, 01:57 PM
^Again, it hasn't been about math or the law of averages for some time, Niko.

They used to perform the actual drawing right in front of everyone on national TV, after having said reps from diff.teams verify the numbers of balls going in the machine. EVERYONE got to see it was fair and honest. Even before 1991 they rigged it certain years, when major talents Stern felt needed to go to certain major markets.
From a business perspective, the perception of fairness and honesty is far more important than actual fairness and honesty, and I wasn't complaining last year when my squad got the #1 pick against all math/law of everages, and got the hometown narrative that will last for a decade or more, in many markets other than my own.

What is the reason for secrecy in this scenario, other than if something shady is being done? TV time/speed, please they want to drag it out to get maximized ad revenue. The reason for secrecy is to conceal action. I think it's fairly obvious the reason they have moved to just walking out with envelopes.

Because it's men in suits looking at little balls and passing them to each other conferring they say the team they say. As Bagelred said (and you all ignored because the mobb is stupid) the NBA has explained the security process and what they do and the number codes etc.

you all must be real fun in your every day life, OH **** IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO RAIN AND IT JUST STARTED RAINING. GOD MUST BE ANGRY, RUN!!!!!!!! IT'S A MIRACLE!!

GOBB
05-19-2009, 01:59 PM
All I know is that there is a bald man who opens up the envelopes, I have the right to question the ligitimacy of the NBA Lottery.

If they showed you the whole process you would still make up conspiracy theories. Thats the whole point with you. That when proven WRONG you find a new way to create more BULLSHYT! And after you reveal your new and latest BULLSHYT you'll tell everyone you have a right to your stupidity. Oops i mean opinion.

Give me a break. This thread shot down every argument you put up. And now you're down to they wont let you in the back room to see the process of the ping pong balls therefore something is fishy. :roll:

Thats what you are down too. What are you 8?

el gringos
05-19-2009, 01:59 PM
If they are choosing the winners why is it about 1 specific team over the league as a whole?

New york knicks don't have to be good for their franchise to make money for the league- they are one of if not the biggest money makers in the nba good or bad

The bulls needed a superstar to make them relavent, cleveland would be one of the teams people talk about moving without their lottery win, it was clear that denver had helped other teams and hit rock bottom then were ready to build back up with carmelo- didn't yao specifically ask to be in a big market wc city? Does the league like marketing d wade and the heat and did they see a potential bad situation in miami without another big name player

Prob makes no sense, just trying to say that if its fixed I don't look for teams like ny to win this year- I see teams like milwaukee,sacramento and minnisota needing the boost- also wizards are right back with griffen and I just think nba would rather have rubio as a clipper than a knick

Interminator
05-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Shut the **** up.

I posted miracle describing it in one of my posts a full page back and you have been marinating on that word since then in each of your posts.

1 out of 20 is generally refered to as a miracle.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/miracle

An event that appears inexplicable by the laws of nature and so is held to be supernatural in origin or an act of God
We all know God in this case is David Stern.

One that excites admiring awe.
So you arent shocked when something that has a 5% chance out of 100 happens?
Its unexpected considering the odds, so if I refer to it as a miracle I have the right to if it occurs against such high odds.

niko
05-19-2009, 02:00 PM
And I'll bet my dick my math score on my ACT was higher than yours you arrogant assuming ostrich.

It's not about math or the law of averages anymore, suck it up.
Many years, it is about marketability and demographics/markets.

Yes, because you are so eloquent. I'll pass, but for some reason I'm confident that's not the case.

"Many years, it is about marketability and demographics/markets."

What are you talking about? :D Trying to wow me with big words?

GOBB
05-19-2009, 02:01 PM
you all must be real fun in your every day life, OH **** IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO RAIN AND IT JUST STARTED RAINING. GOD MUST BE ANGRY, RUN!!!!!!!! IT'S A MIRACLE!!

:roll:

niko
05-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Shut the **** up.

I posted miracle describing it in one of my posts a full page back and you have been marinating on that word since then in each of your posts.

1 out of 20 is generally refered to as a miracle.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/miracle

We all know God in this case is David Stern.

So you arent shocked when something that has a 5% chance out of 100 happens?
Its unexpected considering the odds, so if I refer to it as a miracle I have the right to if it occurs against such high odds.

I would be surprised and happy if the Knicks win the lottery yes. But declaring it a miracle is a bit farfetched. Every year i wait for it to happen. It never does. A 5% chance means 1 in 20, it doesn't mean if you roll the dice (assuming the dice had 20 sides) you hit the 20th of 20 times. It means, on average, you roll your number once out of the 20 times. Could be the first time, could be the last time. But it hasn't happened yet. You think maybe someday it could happen. So it happening now (and it probably wouldn't happen again for quite some time) fits reasonably as a possible scenario.

Surprised yes. ITS A MIRACLE, PRAISE BE TO JESUS! No, not really.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 02:04 PM
there is no middle ground. you are wrong. if i predict it will snow in april and it does (which it does once ever 15 years or so) it doesn't make me psychic. If you predict something with a low probability and it happens, it doesn't make it a conspiracy.
Im not predicting it solely for this year, there is a track record of things like this happening when regarding the NBA Lottery so by me assuming there is a conspiracy is not out of the realm of imagination.

i say you are really dumb. you say you are not. let's just say you are kind of dumb and call it middle ground. :confusedshrug: Dude, middle ground?
Sure.

Yet you've come in with dead set beliefs against there even being any type of tweaking of a supposed Lottery and have spent pages arguing against my beliefs that there is a tweaking of the Lottery.
Why continue on, The only reason why I'm even responding is because I created this thread to discuss this, anything different I would of stopped responding with your biased argument.

Carry on! But for the love of god will you all stop with the grade school special ed level math? :rant I'm so going to home school my daugher if this is what we are churning out.
If she ends up becoming smarter than you, would that not be a miracle?:rolleyes:

Interminator
05-19-2009, 02:09 PM
If they showed you the whole process you would still make up conspiracy theories. Thats the whole point with you. That when proven WRONG you find a new way to create more BULLSHYT! And after you reveal your new and latest BULLSHYT you'll tell everyone you have a right to your stupidity. Oops i mean opinion.

Give me a break. This thread shot down every argument you put up. And now you're down to they wont let you in the back room to see the process of the ping pong balls therefore something is fishy. :roll:

Thats what you are down too. What are you 8?
You believe you shot down my argument because you had 1 person quote you and agree.

So of course carry on with the Victory you have achieved in your own mind, I argued all of your points with answers for the opinions you presented and if you agreed with any of them wouldn't that make me right?:rolleyes:

The ownage continues GOBB....I've come out on top in every one of these petty arguments you start in each thread.

I can't leave a :oldlol: without you quoting me and baiting.

tastystaci
05-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Hey Niko and Gobb, the odds on hawks beating the cavs before the series started http://blog.skytowercasino.com/st/wordpress/05/hawks-vs-cavaliers-series-betting-odds-and-predictions/

that means if you bet the hawks for a $100, you would win $1400. That's a 14-1 dog. Not even 20-1. Ask anybody if they think the Hawks beating the Cavs would've been a miracle. :roll: I'm gonna give you the Happy Gilmore at this point...Jackass!

niko
05-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Im not predicting it solely for this year, there is a track record of things like this happening when regarding the NBA Lottery so by me assuming there is a conspiracy is not out of the realm of imagination.

Sure.

Yet you've come in with dead set beliefs against there even being any type of tweaking of a supposed Lottery and have spent pages arguing against my beliefs that there is a tweaking of the Lottery.
Why continue on, The only reason why I'm even responding is because I created this thread to discuss this, anything different I would of stopped responding with your biased argument.

If she ends up becoming smarter than you, would that not be a miracle?:rolleyes:

Because i am so intelligent that she'd only have a 5% chance? ****, i think she's smarter than me now, she's 26 months and speaks 2 languages. i speak 1.5 :D

Nah, i'm no genius. But i'm logical. The world unfortunately turns every day and good things happen, and bad things happen, but in general the big dark hand running things in the back doesn't explain variability (and probability), nature does.

The NBA has gone to great lengths to explain how the lottery works and they have people auditing the process who couldn't afford to be cheating it, and people watching who wouldn't accept it being flawed. Add to that a lot of the situations you indicated as the league manipulating things not really being in the league's benefit but you rationalizing it away as such.

Sorry, your argument has tons of assumptions, but very little substance.

niko
05-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Hey Niko and Gobb, the odds on hawks beating the cavs before the series started http://blog.skytowercasino.com/st/wordpress/05/hawks-vs-cavaliers-series-betting-odds-and-predictions/

that means if you bet the hawks for a $100, you would win $1400. That's a 14-1 dog. Not even 20-1. Ask anybody if they think the Hawks beating the Cavs would've been a miracle. :roll: I'm gonna give you the Happy Gilmore at this point...Jackass!

:violin: the world laughs at american schools, this is why. we can't do math, and you give examples based on betting and quotes from bad movies.

i actually may be too smart for this board, although i'm not going to post any cool pictures like dullah did.

GOBB
05-19-2009, 02:14 PM
You believe you shot down my argument because you had 1 person quote you and agree.

Not many sensible fans are entering this topic and commenting. If anything they are asking why I am even entertaining such a retard.

I've even got repped for my posts in this thread owning you. :oldlol:

The sad part is no matter who wins the lottery you have a conspiracy theory for it.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 02:15 PM
I would be surprised and happy if the Knicks win the lottery yes. But declaring it a miracle is a bit farfetched. Every year i wait for it to happen. It never does.
OK.

A 5% chance means 1 in 20, it doesn't mean if you roll the dice (assuming the dice had 20 sides) you hit the 20th of 20 times. It means, on average, you roll your number once out of the 20 times. Could be the first time, could be the last time.
Yet its unexpected when considering the odds, which you refuse to accept.

So what happens when it doesn't stick to chance and you roll your number more than once when on average you should roll it once, that is unexpected or a miracle if you base things by odds only.

But it hasn't happened yet. You think maybe someday it could happen. So it happening now (and it probably wouldn't happen again for quite some time) fits reasonably as a possible scenario.

Surprised yes. ITS A MIRACLE, PRAISE BE TO JESUS! No, not really.
So now we head to the year 2008 when Chicago, who had a 1.7% chance wins the lottery.

Is that not a miracle?

Now how about 2 straight years where a team that had a 5% chance or lower wins the Lottery.:confusedshrug:

niko
05-19-2009, 02:17 PM
YOurs has far less substance than ours. The burden of proof is on the accused in this instance, because the wall of secrecy stands in the way of the prosecution.

you remind me of In Living Color, were those guys in jail? And they'd throw out big words and talk real slow? And think it meant something?

This is the second long sentence you've written that is basically off topic gibberish. Anything else?

Bean
05-19-2009, 02:19 PM
To Interminator:

Are you being serious here?

niko
05-19-2009, 02:19 PM
OK.

Yet its unexpected when considering the odds, which you refuse to accept.

So what happens when it doesn't stick to chance and you roll your number more than once when on average you should roll it once, that is unexpected or a miracle if you base things by odds only.

So now we head to the year 2008 when Chicago, who had a 1.7% chance wins the lottery.

Is that not a miracle?

Now how about 2 straight years where a team that had a 5% chance or lower wins the Lottery.:confusedshrug:

the knicks don't roll once though. they roll and lose every year. you want this to be a singular occurance, it's not. trust me i know. every single year we are in the 7-11 ish range and every year we pick 7-11ish. :confusedshrug: By your logic we should never be able to win the lottery because that would be the year we hit the miracle and the year the league cheated. it's honestly bizarre.

Blue&Orange
05-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Even before 1991 they rigged it certain years, when major talents Stern felt needed to go to certain major markets.
From a business perspective, the perception of fairness and honesty is far more important than actual fairness and honesty, and I wasn't complaining last year when my squad got the #1 pick against all math/law of everages, and got the hometown narrative that will last for a decade or more, in many markets other than my own.

Yes and the owners that got screw just sit and smile. Yes the guys with fortunes spent in their teams are counting that morons like you tell it like it is.

Cleveland , Orlando, Milwalkee, Portland, Toronto, yes major markets indeed, yes your IQ is great :violin:

The sad part is with the lottery being "rigged" for NY every year, eventually NY will get lucky and then there will be no stfu possible for the morons.

tastystaci
05-19-2009, 02:20 PM
you remind me of In Living Color, were those guys in jail? And they'd throw out big words and talk real slow? And think it meant something?

This is the second long sentence you've written that is basically off topic gibberish. Anything else?

You remind me of that kid in the back of the class, thinking he's smarter than everyone. 10 years later you're delivering pizzas to my front door.

You forgot the mushrooms you dumb sonofa*****! :roll:

niko
05-19-2009, 02:21 PM
[QUOTE=DULLAH]The law of averages can get beaten in fairness, but always comes back around to average things out.QUOTE]

:lol i'll go now. you have to just be ****ing with me. that's just mean.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 02:21 PM
Not many sensible fans are entering this topic and commenting. If anything they are asking why I am even entertaining such a retard.

I've even got repped for my posts in this thread owning you. :oldlol:

The sad part is no matter who wins the lottery you have a conspiracy theory for it.

I love how you boost your ego from other posters' agreeing with you, that doesn't mean it makes your opinion fact, it just shows there are others as dumb as you are.

I can have a conspiracy theory for everything, but I dont.

Certain things I believe and others I dont, I have already developed an opinion for my belief which can't be argued with fact because there are no facts proven,unless Interminator puts the balls into the machine runs the machine himself and witnesses the outcome.Then I will be proven that the Lottery is an actual Lottery, and not a rigged Lottery front for David Stern,Nike,& Adidas to better promote premier prospects by placing them in certain situations to help balance the league.

Once again, your opinion is your own, and my opinion is my own, some people believe yours and some people believe mines.

The number of people who agree with you doesn't make your opinion Fact unless its proven.

Interminator-1
GOBB-0

Pull up another thread where I posted in and bait, I'll respond later.

niko
05-19-2009, 02:22 PM
If you don't understand what that meant and thaught it was gibberish you're not very intelligent son. THe league is the accused, and I AM the prosecution. Read it again f@#tard.

:D THE TRUTH!! YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

It's from happy gilmore i think or some other fine american movie...

niko
05-19-2009, 02:24 PM

I love how you boost your ego from other posters' agreeing with you, that doesn't mean it makes your opinion fact, it just shows there are others as dumb as you are.

I can have a conspiracy theory for everything, but I dont.

Certain things I believe and others I dont, I have already developed an opinion for my belief which can't be argued with fact because there are no facts proven,unless Interminator puts the balls into the machine runs the machine himself and witnesses the outcome.Then I will be proven that the Lottery is an actual Lottery, and not a rigged Lottery front for David Stern,Nike,& Adidas to better promote premier prospects by placing them in certain situations to help balance the league.

Once again, your opinion is your own, and my opinion is my own, some people believe yours and some people believe mines.

The number of people who agree with you doesn't make your opinion Fact unless its proven.

The burden of proof on an accusation is on the accuser, not the accused. You have no proof, just accusations. But your premise is based on people not being able to prove you are wrong. No one does.

That's what's wrong with most conspiracy theorists, they think it's the other way around so they just spout on and on. It's not.

Blue&Orange
05-19-2009, 02:27 PM
The law of averages can get beaten in fairness, but always comes back around to average things out.

You do know that the team with the worst record just got 25% chance of winning? That means there are a 75% chance of being other team winning he lottery, so explain how the law of averages are getting beat?

yes awesome IQ !!

tastystaci
05-19-2009, 02:27 PM
The burden of proof on an accusation is on the accuser, not the accused. You have no proof, just accusations. But your premise is based on people not being able to prove you are wrong. No one does.

That's what's wrong with most conspiracy theorists, they think it's the other way around so they just spout on and on. It's not.

Did they prove Tim Donoghy fixed games? :confusedshrug:

A.M.G.
05-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Niko...
...Duke, my IQ sh!ts on yours and Gobbs, and you are incorrect on the draft.
Keep hurling those weak "these n!ggas don't understand math" bullsh!z insults, or wise up and peep what's really happeneing, for better or for worse.

Fixing the draft has proven itself to be a valuable CATALYST for the marketing of the game nationally and GLOBALLY. If their is one thing I give Stern credit for, it is making hard(unfair/shady) choices to market the greatest sport INTERNATIONALLY. Each player who comes along is assessed for talent by the actual scouts, whereas the league front office assesses regional marketabilitiy not only to the market they will play in, but also the prestige of any given US market in the eyes of foreign audiences, far more than the players' actual talent level and nuance of such...

THis is a business, and cut-throat businessmen ( David Stern) care little for math and the law of averages, in comparison, to planned, intelligent analysis, when it comes to expandeing the appeal of basketball internationally. If they let CHANCE govern the draft process, the progress that has occured for this game would undergo many roadblocks and hiccups, and would be much more difficult to coordinate future actions undertaken to expand the games' reach and appeal.

What are you basing any of this on? How would you know that David Stern has done any of this? You're just making **** up, yet you make it sound like you know this **** for sure. Offer some evidence or else qualify your wild conspiracy theories with a "probably" or an "I believe..." or a "maybe". You don't know ****, and you don't have any evidence.

Why would the NBA risk so much credibility for such a small degree of control over which players end up where? The GMs still make the picks, and history has shown that the NBA can't do **** about major market teams making terrible picks (Knicks, Clippers). The NBA also can't control how good the players end up being in the NBA. So why, when it wouldn't (or doesn't) even land the right players in the right cities a lot of the time, would Stern&co undergo what basically amounts to criminal behaviour, or at least behaviour that would be hugely damaging to the leagues reputation if it ever got out into the open, which it would have by now? And don't they have like impartial observers and ****?

Even assuming the NBA does rig the lottery, why do it for the Knicks this year? This draft is weak ****. Even Blake Griffin won't be a true franchise player, let alone Rubio who will be lucky if he's as good as Rondo. Why not have given the Knicks a top pick in 2003, or even last year when they could have gotten OJ Mayo in the biggest market on a D'Antoni coached team? And why would they have screwed Boston out of Oden/Durant? Now, getting screwed in that draft lottery was the best thing that could have happened to Boston as it turns out, to the tune of a Title, but it's not like David Stern knew that.

The fact is that the talent will spread out throughout the NBA because each team only has so much money to spend, no amount of draft fixing is going to change anything in the long term, so why do it?

Interminator
05-19-2009, 02:29 PM
the knicks don't roll once though. they roll and lose every year. you want this to be a singular occurance, it's not. trust me i know. every single year we are in the 7-11 ish range and every year we pick 7-11ish. :confusedshrug: By your logic we should never be able to win the lottery because that would be the year we hit the miracle and the year the league cheated. it's honestly bizarre.
I've previously said that this has nothing to do with New York's draft history or inability to win the Lottery since 85'.

I believe this year, after this season with the New York Knicks in their attempt to turn their Franchise around with an Elite PG prospect from Spain who could excel in their offense and become a Face of the New York Knicks.

I slightly believed this in 2008 with Derrick Rose and the Bulls,because they were in need of a Face of the Franchise and Rose is a Chicago kid and a Chicago HS legend.

And when the Bulls with a 1.7% chance to win the Lottery won, I have a hard time believing that it was through pure lock because simply that is a miracle when considering the odds set, yet it made too much sense for all parties involved.

GOBB
05-19-2009, 02:31 PM
Conspiracy theorist "NBA will rig the draft so NYK a big market gets the top prospect in the draft. Book it!"

*nba draft lottery comes and goes*
NY Knicks do not win the lottery, Minnesota does

Conspiracy theorist "Just as i thought. NBA is rigged and this is proof. You see i have this all figured out. Minnesota NEEDS that #1 pick so it can establish its franchise and become a player in the NBA. Sales, merchandise will boost. Its sorta like Clevland getting Lebron James and not NYK. NYK will be booming regardless who they get. But Minnesota NEEDS a lifeline. NBA knows it. More money in the bank for the league."

Undisputed
Anyone know what time the Draft Lottery starts today?

Blue&Orange
All mentioned markets were suffering terrible attendance the previous year, and needed a boost to keep the league 's overall health of competetiveness, and the Cleveland one is stupid-obvious, No ?
lol oh so now it's not a big market thing, nice flip flop a-hole. Now just stfu!

niko
05-19-2009, 02:33 PM
Not when a wall of unwarranted secrecy is erected. Indightment would occur.

i'm framing the quotes i think should be kept for prosperity. In case you are ever indighted by a wall of secrecy erected around you, we can remember you by them. :hammerhead:

niko
05-19-2009, 02:33 PM
Anyone know what time the Draft Lottery starts today?

It's the half hour prior to the game. So whenever hte game starts (like 8) its the half hour prior.

niko
05-19-2009, 02:37 PM
So long as the process is carried out in secrecy, the league has the ability to circumvent chance where it feels it is necessary. Simple.

Another one. You are like the William Shakespeare of ISH. Classics every time you write.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 02:44 PM
The GMs still make the picks, and history has shown that the NBA can't do **** about major market teams making terrible picks (Knicks, Clippers). The NBA also can't control how good the players end up being in the NBA. So why, when it wouldn't (or doesn't) even land the right players in the right cities a lot of the time
I agree with this.

Stern,Nike,& Adidas set the table but its up to the teams to make the pick and the players to become good.

2005-Bucks(6.3% Chance to win Lottery)
2006-Raptors(8.3 % Chance to win Lottery)
2007-Blazers(5% Chance to win Lottery)
2008-Bulls(1.7% Chance to win Lottery)
2009-???

2003 & 2004 were the only years where the team with best chance to win the Lottery(25%) won.

2002-Rockets(8.9% Chance to win Lottery)
2000-Nets(4.4% Chance to win Lottery)

The Lottery was more predictable dating back before 1999 specifically, but the chance of a miracle taking place where a certain team who did not deserve to pick #1 could shape the NBA in such a away was too big of a risk.

In 93' the Magic won the Lottery with a 1.5% chance and drafted Chris Webber(BPA), after winning the 92' Lottery and drafting Shaq.:no:

I mean how convenient was it in 99' for Charlotte with a 1.8% chance to get the #3 pick somehow get the #3 pick and get to pick one of the 2 Elite PG's in that class for a Playoff contender that needed a PG in order to take the next step.

http://www.hollywoodcollectibles.com/autographed/memorabilia/sports/collectibles/authentic/Basketball/8x10%20Photos/Baron_Davis_Photo_MID.jpg

MJ(Mean John)
05-19-2009, 02:46 PM
That is a pointless comparison. It's like saying Shane Battier is nowhere near the offensive play JR Rider is...so Battier must be a bad player. Even Nash is pointless comparsion: Rubio is a defensive intangibles guy...just because he's white doesn't mean you can use other white players as a template for him. If you really have to at least use the someone kind of comparable like: John Stockton.

haha.. that was funny..

It's true, I think RR will be pretty good. NOT the best of the best, but I do think it will take the guy a good 3 years to start ballin'.

Coming to the nba from the league he's in is a big change, in addition to the lifestlye, and style of play, he's plaaying the 1. he is really young and it looks like his body hasnt developed yet.. too thin..

Interminator
05-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Conspiracy theorist "NBA will rig the draft so NYK a big market gets the top prospect in the draft. Book it!"

*nba draft lottery comes and goes*
NY Knicks do not win the lottery, Minnesota does

Conspiracy theorist "Just as i thought. NBA is rigged and this is proof. You see i have this all figured out. Minnesota NEEDS that #1 pick so it can establish its franchise and become a player in the NBA. Sales, merchandise will boost. Its sorta like Clevland getting Lebron James and not NYK. NYK will be booming regardless who they get. But Minnesota NEEDS a lifeline. NBA knows it. More money in the bank for the league."
GOBB knows me too well.

I'll probably be making a comment like that if Minnesota won the Lottery, but they wont.

Blake Griffin-Al Jefferson

Hand them the title.:roll:

GOBB
05-19-2009, 02:49 PM
I am right when I say the draft is routinely rigged.

A conspiracy theorist is always right in thier own mind. They could be proven wrong but will find something else to attack and spin. Thats all conspiracy nutjobs do. They can never prove shyt tho which amazes me.

niko
05-19-2009, 02:51 PM
A conspiracy theorist is always right in thier own mind. They could be proven wrong but will find something else to attack and spin. Thats all conspiracy nutjobs do. They can never prove shyt tho which amazes me.

He doesn't need to prove if the indightment of the prosecution is too much for the accusitator to provide. :hammerhead:

insidehoops
05-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Knicks are basically bringing their entire front office to the Lottery, why would they do this if they are expected to get the #8 overall pick.
Uh, because the Knicks are just a 20 minute cab ride, or a $3 bus ride from where the lottery is being held

GOBB
05-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Uh, because the Knicks are just a 20 minute cab ride, or a $3 bus ride from where the lottery is being held

niko
05-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Because the Knicks are just a 20 minute cab ride from where the lottery is being held
and cab fare is expensive and corporations are cutting costs THUS they know something.

Thank you for proving the conspiracy.

We need a smily with dark sunglasses that looks around suspiciously.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 02:58 PM
So Knicks FO workers just happen to live in Madison Square Garden?

niko
05-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Plead the 5th n!gga, you're in over your head.

i totally agree, i don't understand anything you are saying.

insidehoops
05-19-2009, 03:00 PM
In New Jersey.

Fail.

The NJ location of the draft lottery is 20 minutes from manhattan

most of new jersey is further than 20 minutes away from this location

niko
05-19-2009, 03:00 PM

No but today would be a Tuesday, and it's possible (although quite suspicious) they could stay late, or MAYBE they even work till (shock) 7!

Are you for real?

bigkingsfan
05-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Lottery 1hr special on ESPN2 NOW.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Yes.
Factor in international tourism to the Orlando area (amongst the highest of any US location), and it's economy and population growth at the time (still growing today)? I'd say this is one of many examples where tampering to some degree is fairly likely.
Actually I dont believe that was the case.

I think that happening was a pure miracle, and it shocked the NBA to its core.

The Magic went from a borderline decent team(built around a young core of Shaq,Nick Anderson,and Dennis Scott) to a Championship contender in one night during an Era where the NBA promoted Michael Jordan as God and that type of thing is probably what scared David Stern into tweaking it years later.

Ironically Jordan retired months after the 93' Draft where Orlando ended up with Penny.

insidehoops
05-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Also, there will be dozens of reporters at the lottery today. Reporters notice if one team sends 10 more guys than all the other teams. Reporters would notice that the one team that sent tons of extra guys happened to be the team that won the lottery.

Actual successful adults are not retarded. If they were going to rig something, they'd not send 10 extra guys. They'd want to fit in and send the same amount of people as everyone else.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 03:10 PM
No but today would be a Tuesday, and it's possible (although quite suspicious) they could stay late, or MAYBE they even work till (shock) 7!

Are you for real?
They're working?

News to me.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Also, there will be dozens of reporters at the lottery today. Reporters notice if one team sends 10 more guys than all the other teams. Reporters would notice that the one team that sent tons of extra guys happened to be the team that won the lottery.

Actual successful adults are not retarded. If they were going to rig something, they'd not send 10 extra guys. They'd want to fit in and send the same amount of people as everyone else.
We'll see.:confusedshrug:

niko
05-19-2009, 03:11 PM
They're working?

News to me.

Do you think the front office staff of the ny knicks is on holiday simply because the team is not playing? WOW.

insidehoops
05-19-2009, 03:12 PM
We'll see.:confusedshrug:
Do you realize that if life was a MOVIE, and SATIRE like NOT ANOTHER TEEN MOVIE, the lottery teams would all send 3 people, except one team sends like 600, and then some character in the movie would SARCASTICALLY say "Hey, that team sent an extra guy or two!" And then his friend would pretend to not notice the extra 600 guys and say something like, "Really? I didn't notice!"

Interminator
05-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Do you think the front office staff of the ny knicks is on holiday simply because the team is not playing? WOW.
No I said that sarcastically.

OKC is bringing just as many people, but for some strange reason I have posted before in this thread that I think the Knicks & Thunder will pick 1 & 2.

Holy **** thats a conspiracy too.:eek:

bagelred
05-19-2009, 03:13 PM

That would be cool. You'd root for the team you work for to miss the playoffs.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Just like Denver's owner.:applause:

niko
05-19-2009, 03:17 PM

you know everytime you say something joking about the knicks the first thought it my mind is this was probably the way it actually worked prior to Walsh getting there and i get angry. :mad:

GOBB
05-19-2009, 03:46 PM

Translation: Wait you mean the Knicks FO still works after the season even tho thier team didnt make the playoffs? I didnt know that.

:roll: Priceless

AMISTILLILL
05-19-2009, 04:19 PM
So, they have a few more people there than the Kings and only a few more than the Thunder.

Yeah, man. The fix is in.

A.M.G.
05-19-2009, 04:35 PM
I agree with this.

Stern,Nike,& Adidas set the table but its up to the teams to make the pick and the players to become good.

2005-Bucks(6.3% Chance to win Lottery)
2006-Raptors(8.3 % Chance to win Lottery)
2007-Blazers(5% Chance to win Lottery)
2008-Bulls(1.7% Chance to win Lottery)
2009-???

2003 & 2004 were the only years where the team with best chance to win the Lottery(25%) won.

2002-Rockets(8.9% Chance to win Lottery)
2000-Nets(4.4% Chance to win Lottery)

The Lottery was more predictable dating back before 1999 specifically, but the chance of a miracle taking place where a certain team who did not deserve to pick #1 could shape the NBA in such a away was too big of a risk.

In 93' the Magic won the Lottery with a 1.5% chance and drafted Chris Webber(BPA), after winning the 92' Lottery and drafting Shaq.:no:

I mean how convenient was it in 99' for Charlotte with a 1.8% chance to get the #3 pick somehow get the #3 pick and get to pick one of the 2 Elite PG's in that class for a Playoff contender that needed a PG in order to take the next step.

OK, I'm going to refer to the bottom 3 teams with the worst records as th "Top 3" in the draft lottery. This year the Top 3 are 1. Kings, 2. Wizards, 3. Clippers.

You realize that although each non-Top 3 team may have a low chance of getting the top pick or a top 3 pick on an individual basis, there is a better chance that ONE OF the non-Top 3 teams will win the lottery than that the team with the worst record (Sacramento this year) will actually win the lottery? In fact the Kings are most likely to get the #4 pick (35.7%).

There is a 39.5% chance that a non-Top 3 team (that is teams 4-14) will recieve the #1 pick. The Kings only have a 25%. On the other hand, there is a 60.5% chance that one of the Top 3 teams will win the lottery.

By the same token, there is a 44% chance that a non-Top 3 team will land the #2 pick. The Kings only have a 21.5% chance, and the Wizards (the team with the second worst record) only have an 18.8% chance. Now there is a 56% chance that a Top 3 team will get the #2 pick, so the odds are still that in their favour as a threesome.

And there is a 48.9% chance that a non-Top 3 team will get the #3 pick. The Clippers, the 3rd worst team, are most likely, by a bit, to get the #5 pick, not the #3 pick. There is a 51.9% chance that a Top-3 team will in fact get the #3 pick, but the odds are almost 50/50.

All I'm trying to demonstrate is that a lot of crazy things can happen, and "Top 3" teams (the worst of the worst) are actually going to get screwed over and fall a few spots a lot of the time. So stop acting like it's so miraculous when teams get lucky. It happens.

niko
05-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Incorrect. Grandfathering in with the anglos and favors amongst the tribe have put retards in most of the top spots in American sports business, and American business in general. The smart MF are running the new businesses of information and technology. I agree that sending a whole fleet means nothing, given the proximity, but to assume that successful adults are so because of their intelligence, I think, means you should give yourself more credit when looking at your own hand of cards in your dealings with the establishment.

OKC #1 with Griffin
NYK #2 with Ricky Rubio

We will see soon enough if this happens, and surely discussion will follow.:lol

you and interminator have created a no lose scenario. if a non top 3 team gets in the top 3 (which there is a higher % chance than having the bottom 3) you call conspiracy. If its NY or OKC (even though you are interminator both claimed both) you'll call conspiracy. If not, you'll find another angle. you'll say they didnt' cheat this year, etc. The only thing we'll see tonight is the draft lottery, and you and interminator can yell YAH IM RIGHT! no matter what happens to the walls.

GOBB said that on like page 2. the last 10 pages haven't changed anything. there is enough bs from everyone here to find some sort of angle to claim you are right no matter what occurs.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 06:37 PM
I cant wait for the Lottery.

Zak
05-19-2009, 06:38 PM
So if the Knicks win the lottery ever, then it is rigged?

niko
05-19-2009, 06:42 PM
So if the Knicks win the lottery ever, then it is rigged?

only if there are clear telltale signs, like KNICK EMPLOYEES GOING TO THE LOTTERY, NO FOUR HOUR SPECIAL SHOWING THE BALLS BEING CHOSEN, and A LUNAR ECLIPSE 10 WEEKS PRIOR TO THE EVENT.

but honestly, yes - there is no way the Knicks could ever win the lottery without people callling it rigged.

R.I.P.
05-19-2009, 06:44 PM

Can we stop already?

You are due. Stern already fixed the Celtics and Lakers with some rigged trades. Now the Knicks get the #2 pick, so they can pick Rubio and LeBron signs in 2010. Problems solved.

GOBB
05-19-2009, 06:45 PM
You are due. Stern already fixed the Celtics and Lakers with some rigged trades. Now the Knicks get the #2 pick, so they can pick Rubio and LeBron signs in 2010. Problems solved.

Where sarcasm goes terrible wrong.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 06:46 PM
:confusedshrug:

How hard is that?

David Stern is the worlds richest booker.

Quizno
05-19-2009, 06:46 PM
when will the lottery picks be announced?

niko
05-19-2009, 06:47 PM

Stern didn't rig trades. **** you want a conspiracy. That was good old fashioned cronyism. People traded with their buddies, they got lower deals but helped out a former teammate, former friend, associate (West), etc.

Stern can't say Minnesota, **** your franchise, send a player to the Celtics. What leverage could he have? However McHale can say "let me help out Ainge cause if i get fired, i know he'll give me a job, as opposed to getting 25% more value from Phoenix which won't help me"

THAT"S what happened. Why that isn't mad transparent to everyone is beyond me.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 06:48 PM
when will the lottery picks be announced?
They are probably organizing them right now in the back and then put them into envelopes.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Stern didn't rig trades. **** you want a conspiracy. That was good old fashioned cronyism. People traded with their buddies, they got lower deals but helped out a former teammate, former friend, associate (West), etc.

Stern can't say Minnesota, **** your franchise, send a player to the Celtics. What leverage could he have? However McHale can say "let me help out Ainge cause if i get fired, i know he'll give me a job, as opposed to getting 25% more value from Phoenix which won't help me"

THAT"S what happened. Why that isn't mad transparent to everyone is beyond me.
I agree with you on that.

knickballer
05-19-2009, 06:51 PM
when does the lotto start eastern??

NuggetsFan
05-19-2009, 06:52 PM
when does the lotto start eastern??

My dish says 8:30, witch is in an hour a half:confusedshrug:

GOBB
05-19-2009, 08:21 PM
espn Lisa Salters was given access to view the ping pong balls and lottery selection process.

Ron Mexico
05-19-2009, 08:29 PM
espn Lisa Salters was given access to view the ping pong balls and lottery selection process.

what she's watching isn't what's actually determining the results. its a cover-up.

OneMoreSucka
05-19-2009, 08:33 PM
what she's watching isn't what's actually determining the results. its a cover-up.
Explain more.

Ron Mexico
05-19-2009, 08:33 PM
the balls that have been locked inside the suitase have been tampered with.

that's why they wont let salters see them

ProfessorMurder
05-19-2009, 08:36 PM

That's totally possible... But I still won't believe it without proof.

OneMoreSucka
05-19-2009, 08:36 PM

Tampered with meaning what.

GOBB
05-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Dont feed the troll.

Ron Mexico
05-19-2009, 08:39 PM
tampered so they come out matching the number combination assigned to the wiz. select balls have been magnetized.

Undisputed
05-19-2009, 08:49 PM
FAIL

Knicks get 8th pick.

Mgamer20o0
05-19-2009, 08:49 PM
hahahhahaha

Babalu
05-19-2009, 08:50 PM
The grizzlies will win. Payback from stern for the gasol trade.

Knicks101
05-19-2009, 08:51 PM
So much for this theory ****tard.

OneMoreSucka
05-19-2009, 08:51 PM
tampered so they come out matching the number combination assigned to the wiz. select balls have been magnetized.
Your response to the Wizards getting the 5th pick?

GOBB
05-19-2009, 08:52 PM
For another lottery NYK dont even finish top 3. Classic

NastaMaverick
05-19-2009, 08:53 PM
The Clippers get the number ONE pick. :applause:

GOBB
05-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Why would Stern rig the draft for LAC?

Ron Mexico
05-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Your response to the Wizards getting the 5th pick?

Stern tricked everyone at the meeting

Meticode
05-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Ent! Wrong.

utahjazzrock
05-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Stern tricked everyone at the meeting? haha.

KeylessEntry
05-19-2009, 09:17 PM
Breaking news. With the first pick in the 2009 NBA draft, the New York Knicks select Keith Brumbaugh!!!

kumquat
05-19-2009, 09:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3qFdbUEq5s

Conspiracy fail!

Interminator
05-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Well....

Im extremely happy about the Grizzlies.

kumquat
05-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Well....

Im extremely happy about the Grizzlies.\

nice going dumbass :roll:

Interminator
05-19-2009, 09:40 PM
\

nice going dumbass :roll:

OK.

Kumstain's feelings are still hurt after years of me owning him, glad to know the bitter is still there.

GOBB
05-19-2009, 09:44 PM
OK.

Kumstain's feelings are still hurt after years of me owning him, glad to know the bitter is still there.

So neither you or DUHHHDUHHLAH are going to defend your BS posts in here from earlier? You're going to turn your attention elsewhere? Why dont you explain what happened. You cant can you? F*cking stings huh?

You two goofballs were better off just admitting you reached. But no, people have too much pride to give in when they are being rediculous. Not hard to say I was wrong and I can see how my opinion lacks any real support.

That would have ended it. But no. Not in your head. :rolleyes:

This link gets placed with the other links of threads you created where you end up lookin like a jackass. I love it.

kumquat
05-19-2009, 10:36 PM
OK.

The only thing I know you as the guy who makes dumbass predictions. It's hard to forget idiocy like yours. The thing I remember telling you how stupid you were when you were the guy touting Josh McRoberts as the next big thing and Portland had been watching him for years that there was no way was portland trading him. It's hard to forget idiocy like that. JOSH MCROBERTS THE NEXT BIG THING!

BOOOM scrub trade bait with Jarret freaking Jack for cap room.

:roll::roll::roll:

The other reason I remember you is because it's hard to forget gimmick accounts like yours and Pleezebeleeeeeeeeve. Where you know it's going to be something stupid. You look at a thread title and think not this dumbass again.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 10:39 PM
This message is hidden because kumquat is on your ignore list.

I had to put you on timeout.

And yeah I was wrong about Josh McRoberts being a valued prospect for the Blazers, just like you are wrong about the 50's & 60's players being overrated.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 10:41 PM
It wasn't fixed this year.
If they fixed it for any of those outcomes, God help them.
Stern would've been better off fixing it for Griffin to go OKC.
Those Rednekk football fans need a winner to sell them on the NBA after all these years. At least plant the seed for the next generation.
But no, Griffin's a clipper.
F#@k that.
Nice job not fixing it @ssholes.:mad:
Yeah I was midly surprised.

Griffin or Rubio to the Clippers doesnt exactly fit right now, but it may have been done to help facilitate a bigger move for the Clippers to make.

Memphis gets the #2 pick, we're going to be more competitive next season no matter what.

BankShot
05-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Yeah I was midly surprised.

Griffin or Rubio to the Clippers doesnt exactly fit right now, but it may have been done to help facilitate a bigger move for the Clippers to make.

Memphis gets the #2 pick, we're going to be more competitive next season no matter what.

Great call Interminator... NY with the #1 Pick :roll:

kumquat
05-19-2009, 10:54 PM
This message is hidden because kumquat is on your ignore list.

I had to put you on timeout.

And yeah I was wrong about Josh McRoberts being a valued prospect for the Blazers, just like you are wrong about the 50's & 60's players being overrated.

This is what happens when you get ***** slapped :roll:

Love that Josh Mcroberts

niko
05-20-2009, 08:52 AM
You don't get to call fix and then say "oh, not this year. maybe next time". Probability dictates sometimes the outcomes will be favorable and sometimes not. Admit that you were wrong.

Why is this so hard? The internet is a wonderful thing, it allows people to act stupid, make outrageous claims, and then say they weren't actually wrong as opposed to real life where you'd be laughed at or just slapped across the head for being so stupid.

You were totally wrong, your stupid theories were wrong, everything you said was wrong, and you acted liked morons the entire time not listening to anyone and know you still claim not to be wrong?

:hammerhead: Carry on. Far be it from me to **** on your right to be stupid.

Toizumi
05-20-2009, 08:58 AM
Hint: You were wrong

insidehoops
05-20-2009, 09:20 AM
Breaking news. With the first pick in the 2009 NBA draft, the New York Knicks select Keith Brumbaugh!!!

I only read a few pages of this thread, but this is my favorite post in the topic.

2LeTTeRS
05-20-2009, 09:32 AM
David Stern is obviously rewarding the Clips for sparking the rejuvenation of the Knicks by taking Z Bo off their hands, so LeBron can land in NYC. Am I really the only person who sees this.

VanillaThunder
05-20-2009, 09:38 AM
David Stern is obviously rewarding the Clips for sparking the rejuvenation of the Knicks by taking Z Bo off their hands, so LeBron can land in NYC. Am I really the only person who sees this.

Yeah you are the only one who sees this. I don't see how LeBron would leave Cleveland.. he's already a megastar and his endorsements cant get that much better in NYC at this point. Why leave his hometown even if it is to play in MSG. Then again I don't really think your post was serious so I'll stop there.

insidehoops
05-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Yeah you are the only one who sees this.

Dude, he's joking

RaininThrees
05-20-2009, 10:10 AM

This is nothing more than David Stern and Nike's plan to place Ricky Rubio with the Knicks to better promote him in a system where he can flourish and be considered as somewhat of a savior to the Knicks.

Watch the Pete Maravich comparisons return due to the Nike marketing machine.

Ricky also has his own brand of Nike shoes which would probably be coming to a shoe store near you before his rookie season begins.

Slam Magazine:
http://slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/ricky-rubio-slam-307x425.jpg

Rigging the lottery in the Knicks favour is SO 1985.