PDA

View Full Version : Deron williams is not the 2nd best point guard

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Someone explain to me how he is better then Chauncy Billiups:confusedshrug:???????????? CAUSE I JUST DONT SEE IT.I honestly dont even believe he is better then Tony Parker.

noob cake
05-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Chauncy is playing out of his mind this playoff; he can't touch DWill any other time.

He is a better PG than TP because TP is more of a scoring PG, not a pure PG like Williams.

K.Koscik
05-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Deron Williams is an amazing facilitator for his team. I think he might even be better than CP3 with that, he's just not as flashy as chris paul. His playmaking ability is top tier, whether it be making the perfect pass or the big shot. He's pretty much proved that this season.

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Chauncy is playing out of his mind this playoff; he can't touch DWill any other time.

He is a better PG than TP because TP is more of a scoring PG, not a pure PG like Williams.
Isnt that what its all about what you do in the playoffs.........Most people dont even care about who outplays who in the regular season it all comes down to who is better in the post season and chaucey out plays every pg in the playoffs.

Al Thornton
05-16-2009, 03:39 PM
He's had an awful year but there is still no question:

Paul
Williams

small drop off

Billups
Parker

Paul and Williams have an insanely good ability to score while getting their teammates involved.

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Deron Williams is an amazing facilitator for his team. I think he might even be better than CP3 with that, he's just not as flashy as chris paul. His playmaking ability is top tier, whether it be making the perfect pass or the big shot. He's pretty much proved that this season.
If he is that good why does he never get voted in by the coaches in the allstar games i dont get it?:wtf:

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 03:42 PM
He's had an awful year but there is still no question:

Paul
Williams

small drop off

Billups
Parker

Paul and Williams have an insanely good ability to score while getting their teammates involved.
Explain this to me chauncy takes his team deeper then Deron Williams every single year and analyst i watch say its not what you do in the regular season its what you do in the playoffs so how is Deron Williams better then him?

TryToBeUnbias
05-16-2009, 03:43 PM
i actually prefer d-will > cp3 :confusedshrug:

Y2Gezee
05-16-2009, 03:46 PM
depending on the team I may take take TP over DWill. Only thing holding me back from definite Parker is 3pt shooting, I don't like when pgs can't stretch the floor. But I think Parker is definitely more than just a scorer as some would say, I'd put him at number 2 right now.

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 03:47 PM
i actually prefer d-will > cp3 :confusedshrug:
and to me Big shot > Deron Williams :D

GOBB
05-16-2009, 03:49 PM
I really dont get the what have you done for me lately bunch (fans). The funny part is let Deron Williams 100% healthy put up a monster season. Then allow Tony Parker and Chauncey Billups to do what they normally do. And you'll be ranking Deron high and arguing why isnt he considered as good as Paul. Like come on, am I wrong to ASSume that you arent hyping up Billups and Parker given what they did this season?

Its similar to the thread where a poster asks "Why did Big Baby Glen Davis go 35?" which wasnt too long after he hit the GW in Orlando.

I'm sorry but I dont understand it. And there is a poster who said Deron had an awful year. HOW? Because he didnt play 82gms? Ok. Makes sense unless you have other evidence to reveal to me. I'm all eyes.

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 03:50 PM
depending on the team I may take take TP over DWill. Only thing holding me back from definite Parker is 3pt shooting, I don't like when pgs can't stretch the floor. But I think Parker is definitely more than just a scorer as some would say, I'd put him at number 2 right now.
someone who doesnt go with the crowd :applause: I dont know when D-Will was just slapped as a top 2 pg but its just not true.Im still waiting for someone to explain to me how Deron Williams is better then Chauncy :hammerhead:

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 03:52 PM
I really dont get the what have you done for me lately bunch (fans). The funny part is let Deron Williams 100% healthy put up a monster season. Then allow Tony Parker and Chauncey Billups to do what they normally do. And you'll be ranking Deron high and arguing why isnt he considered as good as Paul. Like come on, am I wrong to ASSume that you arent hyping up Billups and Parker given what they did this season?

Its similar to the thread where a poster asks "Why did Big Baby Glen Davis go 35?" which wasnt too long after he hit the GW in Orlando.

I'm sorry but I dont understand it. And there is a poster who said Deron had an awful year. HOW? Because he didnt play 82gms? Ok. Makes sense unless you have other evidence to reveal to me. I'm all eyes.
I really dont get why you cant prove Deron Williams is a top 2 point guard give me something dont just accuse me of being a what have you done lately for me fan.I've never thought D-Will was a top 2 pg.Point Blank Period if you really think about it Chaucey is better then him in almost every aspect of being a pg outside of playmaking and Deron having youth on his side.

qrich
05-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Obviously not. Billups is the second best, with Chris Paul being third followed by Parker and Rondo.

Deron is first of course.

BRINKER
05-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Someone explain to me how he is better then Chauncy Billiups:confusedshrug:???????????? CAUSE I JUST DONT SEE IT.I honestly dont even believe he is better then Tony Parker.

wave goodbye to your credibility

http://www.imageenvision.com/md/stock_photography/pilot_man_waving_and_flying_a_plane_near_a_duck.jp g

Al Thornton
05-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Explain this to me chauncy takes his team deeper then Deron Williams every single year and analyst i watch say its not what you do in the regular season its what you do in the playoffs so how is Deron Williams better then him?

This is not an individual thing. D Will can't carry the team on his back to the Conference Finals and neither can Billups. Different situations = different results.

Im so nba'd out
Just funny to me how no is able to break it down to me and explain how Deron Williams is better then Chauncy.

thejumpa
I love Billups but.....funny thing is, people would have said he was behind Parker,DWill,CP3, and probably Nash on the last game of the regular season. As soon as the playoffs start and he is playing like a mad man....he is the best or 2nd best in the league....

Toizumi
05-16-2009, 04:02 PM
This whole ranking thing is subjective. I think Deron is the 2nd best PG in the league but there isnt a stat or whatever that can prove that he is. You rank Chauncey and TP higher than Billups and that's your right.

I think Chauncey provides more some experience and veteran leadership than Deron. But Deron is just the better player. He has a better skillset and he showed it when he really stepped up with Boozer out. On the other hand Chauncey is tougher and knows how to get the whole team going (and it's not just about assist numbers because I know Deron averages more). In all fairness, I don't think Chauncey could've gotten this Jazz team out of the first round.

Tony Parker is underrated as a pg, probably because he doesnt average a lot of assists. He's a proven winner, but Deron is a better all around player.

qrich
05-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Just funny to me how no is able to break it down to me and explain how Deron Williams is better then Chauncy.

Funny how you haven't explained the other either.

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Funny how you haven't explained the other either.
Chauncy is a better leader,defender,post player,more clutch,wins more,he is a better shooter,and doesnt turn the ball over as much as Deron Williams.Its just so funny to me how people refuse to see all this stuff.Not tell me how Deron is better i will give you playmaker and thats it!Name one of these things i lied about he is better then Deron at all of this stuff and all Deron is better at is being a playmaker.I also want to add onemore thing chauncey makes his teammates better and that is another thing he can do better then D-Will

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 04:10 PM
I love Billups but.....funny thing is, people would have said he was behind Parker,DWill,CP3, and probably Nash on the last game of the regular season. As soon as the playoffs start and he is playing like a mad man....he is the best or 2nd best in the league....
Once again dont ASSume what i believe since i have never had a conversation with you.I have always thought people sucked Deron William's **** he is not a top 2 pg point blank period

Sonic R
05-16-2009, 04:11 PM
:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last year, scratch that, the last 4-5 seasons, Chauncey couldn't even be considered in the top 5 on these internets - Before Williams and Paul, everyone been placing Kidd, Nash, and Payton on top and then Williams and Paul became tops and Chauncey was still on the outside looking in - but any Pistons fans giving props to Chauncey got laughed at, they got dissed. We was clowned on.

If I really want to be bothered again to bump the several top PG threads and watch people randomly diss Chauncey and Pistons fans getting called retard homers…

GOBB
05-16-2009, 04:11 PM
The only thing Billups does better than Deron Williams is shoot the 3 ball and probably posts up other PGs better as well. But Deron can defend guys like Billups who attempt to post him up. Deron is better offensively than Chauncey Billups and teams would rather let him score if not shoot moreso than getting teammates involved by passing. Deron is a great passer who can find the open guy, knows where to place the ball. Either transition or half court offense Deron runs it equally well in my book. So Deron can run a team as well but is a better playmaker than Billups. And Deron Williams is as good of a defender too. Of course a guy like Tony Parker would be tough to defend but how many can guard him? But Deron is smart enough to know how to play the smaller/quicker guards. Play off them and great at taking charges.

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 04:12 PM
This whole ranking thing is subjective. I think Deron is the 2nd best PG in the league but there isnt a stat or whatever that can prove that he is. You rank Chauncey and TP higher than Billups and that's your right.

I think Chauncey provides more some experience and veteran leadership than Deron. But Deron is just the better player. He has a better skillset and he showed it when he really stepped up with Boozer out. On the other hand Chauncey is tougher and knows how to get the whole team going (and it's not just about assist numbers because I know Deron averages more). In all fairness, I don't think Chauncey could've gotten this Jazz team out of the first round.

Tony Parker is underrated as a pg, probably because he doesnt average a lot of assists. He's a proven winner, but Deron is a better all around player.
Please dont start with things you know we cant prove and all i know is that the nuggets never made it out of the 1st round loss camby no 1 gave them a chance to really even make it to the playoffs.They get chaucey and they go to the western confernce finals.Come on now so your going to honestly tell me the nuggets are a better team then the jazz :hammerhead: without there pgs

OneMoreSucka
05-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Deron Williams - best regular season PG

Chauncey Billups - best post season PG

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 04:15 PM
The only thing Billups does better than Deron Williams is shoot the 3 ball and probably posts up other PGs better as well. But Deron can defend guys like Billups who attempt to post him up. Deron is better offensively than Chauncey Billups and teams would rather let him score if not shoot moreso than getting teammates involved by passing. Deron is a great passer who can find the open guy, knows where to place the ball. Either transition or half court offense Deron runs it equally well in my book. So Deron can run a team as well but is a better playmaker than Billups. And Deron Williams is as good of a defender too. Of course a guy like Tony Parker would be tough to defend but how many can guard him? But Deron is smart enough to know how to play the smaller/quicker guards. Play off them and great at taking charges.
DERON WILLIAMS DEFENSE IS AS GOOD AS CHAUNCEY BILLUPS OK LOL YOUR JUST GOING TO SAY ANYTHING TO PROVE YOUR POINT.Im not even mad at you though your the only person so far to even try to give a reason but im going to have to respectfully disagree.Chauncey is a much better on ball and off ball defender by a MILE!!!!!

thejumpa
05-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Once again dont ASSume what i believe since i have never had a conversation with you.I have always thought people sucked Deron William's **** he is not a top 2 pg point blank period

Chill.....I wasn't directly that statement at you but, if the shoe fits.....

In my opinion, Deron Williams is better than Billups. If you want to compare playoff play to playoff play...then yeah, he isn't. CP3? overrated. Overrated in a sense that people act like there is no debate to him being #1. From what I have seen, Deron has a better skillset than Billups,CP3,and Parker. Billups is playing crazy...true, but, like the guy above said...I don't think Billups could have got that Jazz team out of the first round. Deron is more physical....is a better scorer...and from what I have seen play traditional PG better at this point in their careers(assists,leadership).

Billups and DWill are my favorite PG, Nash is cool too....Parker is underrated as hell...and for some reason, I'm not a fan of CP3 at all really lol

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Im seeing alot of people scratching their heads trying to come up with stuff :rant Dont tell me no 1 can come up with a legit arguement :cheers:

qrich
05-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Chauncy is a better leader,defender,post player,more clutch,wins more,he is a better shooter,and doesnt turn the ball over as much as Deron Williams.Its just so funny to me how people refuse to see all this stuff.Not tell me how Deron is better i will give you playmaker and thats it!

ChauncEy
Your on the guys nuts, at least spell his name correctly.

H2H Numbers:
Billups: 18.4 Points | 4.5 Assists | 3.5 Rebounds | 2.3 Turnovers on 36.5/88.7/37.2 shooting in 36 minutes
Williams: 19.0 Points | 9.6 Assists | 3.1 Rebounds | 3.5 Turnovers on 50/82/27.8 shooting in 38.4 minutes

OneMoreSucka
05-16-2009, 04:22 PM
H2H Numbers:
Billups: 18.4 Points | 4.5 Assists | 3.5 Rebounds | 2.3 Turnovers on 36.5/88.7/37.2 shooting in 36 minutes
Williams: 19.0 Points | 9.6 Assists | 3.1 Rebounds | 3.5 Turnovers on 50/82/27.8 shooting in 38.4 minutes
Who gives a **** about head to head? :wtf:

GOBB
05-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Chauncy is a better leader,defender,post player,more clutch,wins more,he is a better shooter,and doesnt turn the ball over as much as Deron Williams.Its just so funny to me how people refuse to see all this stuff.Not tell me how Deron is better i will give you playmaker and thats it!

Better leader? Explain. Both are leaders. Is he a better leader based on "experience"? If so Billups has how many years in the NBA vs Deron?

Wins more? This goes with better leader if that based on "experience". Billups has been in the game longer to rack up "wins" or "team success" since I think you are speaking more along the lines of Detroits succes + Denvers recent success.

Deron is just as good of a defender as Billups.

Billups is a better post up PG but Deron Williams has the size, physical strength to handle guys like Billups in the post.

Better shooter? Based on what exactly? Better shooter from downtown? Ok. Not that Deron isnt a good 3pt shooter but he doesnt take nearly as much as Billups.

Doesnt turn over the ball as much? Check thier asst/to ratio the last 3yrs and tell me what do you have. :confusedshrug:

Billups is clutch and I cant say Deron is in the same breath as Billups. But again, how much is that experience? How long have you considered Billups clutch given he has 11yrs experience to Derons 3.

I like Billups, but I'm going Tony Parker over him as well. Paul, Williams, Parker > Billups.

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Chill.....I wasn't directly that statement at you but, if the shoe fits.....

In my opinion, Deron Williams is better than Billups. If you want to compare playoff play to playoff play...then yeah, he isn't. CP3? overrated. Overrated in a sense that people act like there is no debate to him being #1. From what I have seen, Deron has a better skillset than Billups,CP3,and Parker. Billups is playing crazy...true, but, like the guy above said...I don't think Billups could have got that Jazz team out of the first round. Deron is more physical....is a better scorer...and from what I have seen play traditional PG better at this point in their careers(assists,leadership).

Billups and DWill are my favorite PG, Nash is cool too....Parker is underrated as hell...and for some reason, I'm not a fan of CP3 at all really lol
Thats not true just because chauncey prefers for his teammates score does not mean he is not as good of a scorer as chauncey.All i know is i read that if chauncey had stayed with team usa he would of made the team and Deron Williams would of been the odd man out........I also believe chauncey would have gotten the jazz out of the 1st round because they wouldnt of been a 8th seed with him at pg.....But once against thats a impossible scenario that we just dont know

thejumpa
05-16-2009, 04:26 PM
ChauncEy

H2H Numbers:

I never really use stats because they can keep an argument going and going and going but.......H2H stats are good to compare with.

Billups has never been considered top 5 in PG....maybe when they won the championship....maybe.

WHY WOULD ANY OF THAT CHANGE THIS YEAR?

Sonic R
05-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Doesnt turn over the ball as much? Check thier asst/to ratio the last 3yrs and tell me what do you have. :confusedshrug:

This is one area where Chauncey flourishes. Chauncey as well as the Pistons team for years, have been in the top of the league in taking care of the ball. The thing with the Pistons, we didn't commit turnovers and Chauncey has had many games where he'd get 0 TOs.

Big#50
05-16-2009, 04:32 PM
wave goodbye to your credibility

http://www.imageenvision.com/md/stock_photography/pilot_man_waving_and_flying_a_plane_near_a_duck.jp g
Parker has had better post season games than Billups. Has matching Finals MVP's. Parker>Billups

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Better leader? Explain. Both are leaders. Is he a better leader based on "experience"? If so Billups has how many years in the NBA vs Deron?

Wins more? This goes with better leader if that based on "experience". Billups has been in the game longer to rack up "wins" or "team success" since I think you are speaking more along the lines of Detroits succes + Denvers recent success.

Deron is just as good of a defender as Billups.

Billups is a better post up PG but Deron Williams has the size, physical strength to handle guys like Billups in the post.

Better shooter? Based on what exactly? Better shooter from downtown? Ok. Not that Deron isnt a good 3pt shooter but he doesnt take nearly as much as Billups.

Billups is clutch and I cant say Deron is in the same breath as Billups. But again, how much is that experience? How long have you considered Billups clutch given he has 11yrs experience to Derons 3.

I like Billups, but I'm going Tony Parker over him as well. Paul, Williams, Parker > Billups.
1.He has championship rings and took his team to like what 6 or 7 straight conference finals
2.Once again i dont know why you keep saying Deron williams is a = defender to Big Shot?
3.Your right about that sir.Deron Williams has better post defense then Chauncey so thats 2 things he is better then big shot at.
4.Shooting to me is freethrows mid range and 3's and he is better then deron come on now dont tell me you wont even admit that!
5.Im going by Deron williams turning the ball over almost 2 more times per game then Chauncey i just looked up the stats on nba.com
6.I dont care about experience you cant make a excuse. i dont make an excuse that the reason Deron gets so many assist is because of the jerry sloan's offense.So please dont make a excuse about him having more experience were talking about today.As of right now Big shot >D-Will and its a no brainer to me:confusedshrug: .Once again you are the only person who actually will attempt to put together a ligimate arguement on why you believe Deron is better.

GOBB
05-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Thats not true just because chauncey prefers for his teammates score does not mean he is not as good of a scorer as chauncey.All i know is i read that if chauncey had stayed with team usa he would of made the team and Deron Williams would of been the odd man out........I also believe chauncey would have gotten the jazz out of the 1st round because they wouldnt of been a 8th seed with him at pg.....But once against thats a impossible scenario that we just dont know

The irony you claim postes here are lookin for anything to type and you post that? I guess you are clueless to the injury history for the Jazz this season. But somehow miracle Billups would have fared better than Deron given the same situation right? Wait he would have pulled a Mr. Miyagi and healed Carlos Boozer. Oh ok. :roll:

Utah was 6gms behind Denver. Somehow Billups makes up that difference as Utash wins the division. Ok. I follow. :hammerhead:

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 04:35 PM
I never really use stats because they can keep an argument going and going and going but.......H2H stats are good to compare with.

Billups has never been considered top 5 in PG....maybe when they won the championship....maybe.

WHY WOULD ANY OF THAT CHANGE THIS YEAR?
I havent been around this website for years so i cant change that.But from what im hearing there was people saying he is top5 but they would get jumped everytime they tried to say it.To me he is considered a top5 pg and the fact that he is able to win without the pistons proves it to me.

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 04:36 PM
ChauncEy

H2H Numbers:
Thanks ass i spelled his name right everyother time i obviously must of been rushing Ass Did i spell that right?O yeah and head to head stats mean nothing when chauncey could of been playing sick or hurt that game or been in foul trouble.If i really wanted to i could go dig up some pg who outplays Deron Williams head to head.

Sonic R
05-16-2009, 04:39 PM
I havent been around this website for years so i cant change that.But from what im hearing there was people saying he is top5 but they would get jumped everytime they tried to say it.To me he is considered a top5 pg and the fact that he is able to win without the pistons proves it to me.

Just last year people were ranking these as the top PGs:

(NOT in order)
Chris Paul
Baron Davis
Daron Williams
Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Tony Parker

and lastly Chauncey Billups

there were people were putting Rondo and Andre Miller up there too

qrich
05-16-2009, 04:41 PM
Thanks ass i spelled his name right everyother time i obviously must of been rushing Ass Did i spell that right?O yeah and head to head stats mean nothing when chauncey could of been playing sick or hurt that game or been in foul trouble.If i really wanted to i could go dig up some pg who outplays Deron Williams head to head.

You spelled his name wrong more than you did right. Deron could also have been playing sick or hurt, and considering Deron has always had the more injury prone and even inferior squad, that goes even more in his favor due to him having to do more!

Gobb ended any chance you have, your done.

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 04:48 PM
You spelled his name wrong more than you did right. Deron could also have been playing sick or hurt, and considering Deron has always had the more injury prone and even inferior squad, that goes even more in his favor due to him having to do more!

Gobb ended any chance you have, your done.
I seen the pistons who looked like they were unbreakable turn into nothing without Chauncey so i cant with a straight face say that he has a better team then Deron :confusedshrug: When this same nuggets team if they lose Chauncey may become garbage just like the pistons have become.I dont know how Gobb ended me when he agreed on some of the stuff i said and i agreed with some of the stuff he said :wtf:

Toizumi
05-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Please dont start with things you know we cant prove and all i know is that the nuggets never made it out of the 1st round loss camby no 1 gave them a chance to really even make it to the playoffs.They get chaucey and they go to the western confernce finals.Come on now so your going to honestly tell me the nuggets are a better team then the jazz :hammerhead: without there pgs

I said that I DON'T THINK that Billups could've gotten the Jazz out of the first round either. That's my opinion looking at the very tough matchup they had against the lakers, dont be an *ss.. Off course we wouldnt know how a series like that can turn out, but you cant knock Deron for not getting past the lakers or having not more than the 8th seed. Jazz had a good record Boozer was out all year and although he did good after coming back, he didnt look like the Boozer of old. I think the Nugs roster is better than the Jazz roster (my opinion!!). Chauncey is one of my favorite players and I like him more than Deron. I'm trying to be objective though.

ohw and btw. ..

I also believe chauncey would have gotten the jazz out of the 1st round because they wouldnt of been a 8th seed with him at pg

Hi pot. I'm kettle. you're black. :D

In all fairness you also posted this:

But once against thats a impossible scenario that we just dont know

but that kinda speaks for itself doesnt it? :confusedshrug: once against you fail. lol.

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 04:54 PM
I said that I DON'T THINK that Billups could've gotten the Jazz out of the first round either. That's my opinion looking at the very tough matchup they had against the lakers, dont be an *ss.. Off course we wouldnt know how a series like that can turn out, but you cant knock Deron for not getting past the lakers or having not more than the 8th seed. Jazz had a good record Boozer was out all year and although he did good after coming back, he didnt look like the Boozer of old. I think the Nugs roster is better than the Jazz roster (my opinion!!). Chauncey is one of my favorite players and I like him more than Deron. I'm trying to be objective though.

ohw and btw. ..

Hi pot. I'm kettle. you're black. :D

In all fairness you also posted this:

but that kinda speaks for itself doesnt it? :confusedshrug: once against you fail. lol.
Dont give me a impossible scenario if they were to swap teams.Give me a real reason why you believe Deron > Chauncey.Speak up for yourself Gobb can't speak for everyone make your own points!

thejumpa
05-16-2009, 04:56 PM

The fact that he is able to win without the Pistons proves what?

He doesn't have Wallace,Rip,Ben Wallace,Prince, or any of the supporting cast...ok.

What does he have now? JR Smith, your boy the Birdman, Kenyon Martin, Nene, a great supporting cast and coach in George Karl and......oh, I forgot....CARMELO ANTHONY. People got jumped on for saying he was top 5 because he wasn't. He has been a solid PG and one of my favorites but, I can't say he is better than DWill, or Parker, or CP3....or even Nash if he is healthy. The way Rondo and Rose have been playing....you will look like even more of a fool unless Billups' keeps up with his play.

ukplayer4
05-16-2009, 04:57 PM

****, youve been here all these years and this still gets to you? lebron is already better than mj didnt you know? the second someone has a bad game they are imediatly inferiour to someone who has a good game, you didnt read the ish message board rules?

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 05:00 PM
The fact that he is able to win without the Pistons proves what?

He doesn't have Wallace,Rip,Ben Wallace,Prince, or any of the supporting cast...ok.

What does he have now? JR Smith, your boy the Birdman, Kenyon Martin, Nene, a great supporting cast and coach in George Karl and......oh, I forgot....CARMELO ANTHONY. People got jumped on for saying he was top 5 because he wasn't. He has been a solid PG and one of my favorites but, I can't say he is better than DWill, or Parker, or CP3....or even Nash if he is healthy. The way Rondo and Rose have been playing....you will look like even more of a fool unless Billups' keeps up with his play.
Why cant you say that? what has D-Will done that is so good that its better then chauncey going to 6 straight conference finals that makes him better then chauncey even though Chauncey is a better shooter,defender,better in the clutch,better at making his teammates better,Would of had Deron Williams spot on team usa if he would of stayed,ect ect ect.:eek:

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 05:02 PM
****, youve been here all these years and this still gets to you? lebron is already better than mj didnt you know? the second someone has a bad game they are imediatly inferiour to someone who has a good game, you didnt read the ish message board rules?
immediately :rolleyes: O and please if your going to take a cheap shot at me dont do it in a sneaky way.Once again you never see me making a thread saying lebron is better then jordan or that cp3 is the greatest pg of all time when they have a good game.So dont just ASSume anything about me cause when you ASSume you make an....well you know the rest.

ukplayer4
05-16-2009, 05:05 PM
i like billups but he is what a 17/7 player and williams has been like 21/11 for 3 years, stats are not everything indeed and billups hits alot of clutch shots but williams takes over games in many ways, hes simply a more dynamic player. i think there is room for a debate that billups is as good as any pg in the game right now after williams and paul, certainly the ageing kidd/nash and parker are in that debate. indeed im fine with ranking bilups no.3 but there is no way hes better than williams, deron is arguably the best pg in the game.

ukplayer4
05-16-2009, 05:08 PM
immediately :rolleyes: O and please if your going to take a cheap shot at me dont do it in a sneaky way.Once again you never see me making a thread saying lebron is better then jordan or that cp3 is the greatest pg of all time when they have a good game.So dont just ASSume anything about me cause when you ASSume you make an....well you know the rest.

actually this was less about you and more about the subject in question, the what have you done for me today posters on this board. im sure you are not one of these.

thejumpa
05-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Why cant you say that? what has D-Will done that is so good that its better then chauncey going to 6 straight conference finals that makes him better then chauncey even though Chauncey is a better shooter,defender,better in the clutch,better at making his teammates better,Would of had Deron Williams spot on team usa if he would of stayed,ect ect ect.:eek:

I'm not sure about the Team USA thing but.....Billups is not a better shooter than DWill. DWill scores in more ways, averages more, and shoots a higher percentage. Also, DWill is more physical on defense IMO. He dishes out more assists (4 more a game) too....

They are similar players....both physical, scoring PG's. You can't deny Billups' skill because your right, he got to the Finals 6 years in a row. Then again, he had a 100% healthy team those years....give DWill that and we will see what happens..

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 05:23 PM
i like billups but he is what a 17/7 player and williams has been like 21/11 for 3 years, stats are not everything indeed and billups hits alot of clutch shots but williams takes over games in many ways, hes simply a more dynamic player. i think there is room for a debate that billups is as good as any pg in the game right now after williams and paul, certainly the ageing kidd/nash and parker are in that debate. indeed im fine with ranking bilups no.3 but there is no way hes better than williams, deron is arguably the best pg in the game.
1.LoL so what was the point of putting the stats up if you dont think they mean everything :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
2.So because Williams is more dynamic and every play the jazz run is ran through him he is better then chauncey :wtf: If Deron had people who could create their own shots you think he really would have 10 ast every season???Point guards like chirs paul and deron williams have so many assist cause they have to dominate the ball to creat shots for teammates.Just because that do this doesnt make them better.Chauncey being able to shoot better,defend better,and improve his teammates game more is what makes someone better :rockon:
3.Thats just not a true statement yall are confusing someone who creates shots for people with being better then people who dont.Ask people like kobe bryant, lebron james,danny granger,caron butler,al jefferson,shaq,ect.ect.ect would they would want to play with in 2010 and i gurantee 95% would say Chauncey.

You know what you take Deron Williams and win nothing.Wow i take Chauncey Billups who always gets voted in by the coaches and will always show up for the playoffs.If Deron Williams was so damn good all i know is he would get voted in by the coaches atleast once!

Toizumi
05-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Dont give me a impossible scenario if they were to swap teams.Give me a real reason why you believe Deron > Chauncey.Speak up for yourself Gobb can't speak for everyone make your own points!

Ok.

Offense
Deron has better skillset offensively. Billups might a better post up PG maybe even best in the league, but Deron has a much better inside drive, pull up jumper etc. Billups is better at getting teammates involved (pistons and nuggets both play(ed) great teamball, but Deron is better at finding the open man. Edge goes to Deron on offense, by a lot.

Defensively Deron is tough also but I give a slight edge to Chaucney.

Leadership
Billups brings veteran experience and knows how to get a team to play great teamball. But it's hard to deny that Williams kept the Jazz togehter with their leading scorer and rebounder out. If I want a floor leader I'd pick Chauncey, probably for the fact that he's been there and done that, but both are solid.

In the post above I can take Deron's name and replace it with CP3, since I think Billups provides better veteren leadership and is equally as good a defender IMO. But it's hard to deny that CP3 is better than Billups (eventhough billups is better H2H).

Stats aren't everything, but Deron's were great and they show how great a season he had. Without Boozer the Jazz still had a good record and they got knocked out by a supreme Laker team. Overall Deron's play has been better than Billups IMO..As I posted, this whole ranking thing is subjective. I like Chauncey more than Billups, I just dont think he's better.

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm not sure about the Team USA thing but.....Billups is not a better shooter than DWill. DWill scores in more ways, averages more, and shoots a higher percentage. Also, DWill is more physical on defense IMO. He dishes out more assists (4 more a game) too....

They are similar players....both physical, scoring PG's. You can't deny Billups' skill because your right, he got to the Finals 6 years in a row. Then again, he had a 100% healthy team those years....give DWill that and we will see what happens..
Yet when i look at their stats on nba.com it shows me he is a better shooter then him.......................:banghead:
Ok he is a more physical soooooooo?Chauncey is still a better defender :cheers:

Toizumi
05-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Ask people like kobe bryant, lebron james,danny granger,caron butler,al jefferson,shaq,ect.ect.ect would they would want to play with in 2010 and i gurantee 95% would say Chauncey.

Please dont start with things you know we cant prove

fail

ukplayer4
05-16-2009, 05:31 PM
1.LoL so what was the point of putting the stats up if you dont think they mean everything :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

i said stats arnt EVERYTHING you fuvking retard but they OBVIOUSLY are something, is that so mad and insane for you to understand. i posted the stats which massively favor derron and stated that they are not EVERYTHING and then posted some other reasoning, what is so difficult to understand there? if that is contradictory for you you have serious mental issues.

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Ok.

Offense
Deron has better skillset offensively. Billups might a better post up PG maybe even best in the league, but Deron has a much better inside drive, pull up jumper etc. Billups is better at getting teammates involved (pistons and nuggets both play(ed) great teamball, but Deron is better at finding the open man. Edge goes to Deron on offense, by a lot.

Defensively Deron is tough also but I give a slight edge to Chaucney.

Leadership
Billups brings veteran experience and knows how to get a team to play great teamball. But it's hard to deny that Williams kept the Jazz togehter with their leading scorer and rebounder out. If I want a floor leader I'd pick Chauncey, probably for the fact that he's been there and done that, but both are solid.

In the post above I can take Deron's name and replace it with CP3, since I think Billups provides better veteren leadership and is equally as good a defender IMO. But it's hard to deny that CP3 is better than Billups (eventhough billups is better H2H).

Stats aren't everything, but Deron's were great and they show how great a season he had. Without Boozer the Jazz still had a good record and they got knocked out by a supreme Laker team. Overall Deron's play has been better than Billups IMO..As I posted, this whole ranking thing is subjective. I like Chauncey more than Billups, I just dont think he's better.
You missspelled alot of things but i wont be an ass and point them out like you did with cause people make mistakes.
Looks like you said chauncey was better in certain areas yet you say Deron is better on offense by alot :wtf:
the ony thing you say Deron is better at is being a playmakers and i said that a hour ago you whole point is a FAIL!!!!!!!!!!

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 05:37 PM
i said stats arnt EVERYTHING you fuvking retard but they OBVIOUSLY are something, is that so mad and insane for you to understand. i posted the stats which massively favor derron and stated that they are not EVERYTHING and then posted some other reasoning, what is so difficult to understand there? if that is contradictory for you you have serious mental issues.
I already answered your post kid i guess you just want attention?

thejumpa
05-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Yet when i look at their stats on nba.com it shows me he is a better shooter then him.......................:banghead:
Ok he is a more physical soooooooo?Chauncey is still a better defender :cheers:

No, it doesn't. Go look again.

Chauncey is a better defender? hmmmm probably. I just said he was more physical on defense...which he is. In a lot of situations, I would rather have the more physical player. But you gotta acknowledge Billups as a great defender so...

Anything else?

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 05:38 PM
fail
Your right i dont even know why i said that :cheers:

ukplayer4
05-16-2009, 05:40 PM

really, where is that column exactly? does it read like this....

fg ft 3p% shooting

billups 42 91 41 better than derron williams

derron 47 85 31 not as good as chauncey billups

you are stupid.

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 05:40 PM
No, it doesn't. Go look again.

Chauncey is a better defender? hmmmm probably. I just said he was more physical on defense...which he is. In a lot of situations, I would rather have the more physical player. But you gotta acknowledge Billups as a great defender so...

Anything else?
1.Im looking at the stats right now chauncey is still the better shooter and the stats back me up?????
2.True some situations you would want the more physical defender i guess this is your way of kind of agreeing with me hey you and Gobb have been the only person to atleast admit it and i will agree with you that in some situations you would want D-Will on defense over Chauncey.

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 05:44 PM
really, where is that column exactly? does it read like this....

fg ft 3p% shooting

billups 42 91 41 better than derron williams

derron 47 85 31 not as good as chauncey billups

you are stupid.
Im stupid because he is a better 3 point shooter and free throw shooter then Deron Williams and Deron williams is a better mid range shooter lol yup i guess im dumb :hammerhead: and your a genius :eek:.So i guess you would rather take 2 points over 3...Your very intelligent.

thejumpa
05-16-2009, 05:47 PM
1.Im looking at the stats right now chauncey is still the better shooter and the stats back me up?????
2.True some situations you would want the more physical defender i guess this is your way of kind of agreeing with me hey you and Gobb have been the only person to atleast admit it and i will agree with you that in some situations you would want D-Will on defense over Chauncey.

I'm also looking at the stats....Billups has him on FT by a bunch, 3pt by a 3%, but is down on FG by about 5%. 46% is good for a gaurd. You shoot 41% and people will call you AI.....

The only thing Billups does better than DWill shooting wise are Free Throws. You can't rely on 3pts and obviously a player will typically shoot way more 2pt FG's....so....IMO DWill is the better shooter. Deron's stats will only get better and improve so who knows? maybe he could be a 48/40/85 shooter...

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 05:50 PM
I'm also looking at the stats....Billups has him on FT by a bunch, 3pt by a 3%, but is down on FG by about 5%. 46% is good for a gaurd. You shoot 41% and people will call you AI.....

The only thing Billups does better than DWill shooting wise are Free Throws. You can't rely on 3pts and obviously a player will typically shoot way more 2pt FG's....so....IMO DWill is the better shooter. Deron's stats will only get better and improve so who knows? maybe he could be a 48/40/85 shooter...
Yeah your right i guess we can agree they are = Right now in shooting.Will you atleast say that since the 3point and ft% is higher that that evens out the field goal % or you wont even agree with that?O and for the last thing you said im going off right now not potential i agree Deron will be a top 2 pg i just dont think thats today.

brandonislegend
05-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Deron
CP3

Billups
etc

ukplayer4
05-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Im stupid because he is a better 3 point shooter and free throw shooter then Deron Williams and Deron williams is a better mid range shooter lol yup i guess im dumb :hammerhead: and your a genius :eek:.So i guess you would rather take 2 points over 3...Your very intelligent.

exactly, well done for comprehending.

thejumpa
05-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Yeah your right i guess we can agree they are = Right now in shooting.Will you atleast say that since the 3point and ft% is higher that that evens out the field goal % or you wont even agree with that?

I can agree to that. You can't deny the huge gap in FT and 3pt has to count for something. I can see them being equal in shooting.....not in overall play, but in shooting....yes.

Deron is the best PG in the league though lol always wanted to do that

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Deron
CP3

Billups
etc
Yet Deron Williams hasnt even sniffed a allstar game but he is the best pg in the game congrats for being the biggest Deron Williams homer of all time :applause:.Since everyone goes with their heart on ish and not facts. i am too right now iguodala is a top 5 defender in the league and the 2nd best player in the open court on a fast break with the ball in his hands right behind lebron.I dont care what facts you tell me if i believe it its true...............

ukplayer4
05-16-2009, 05:56 PM
i think its fair to say chauncey is a better open shooter.

Bigsmoke
05-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Chauncey is better than Deron to me but Chauncey is also 33 so he's not gonna stay that good for long

brandonislegend
05-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Yet Deron Williams hasnt even sniffed a allstar game but he is the best pg in the game congrats for being the biggest Deron Williams homer of all time :applause:.Since everyone goes with their heart on ish and not facts. i am too right now iguodala is a top 5 defender in the league and the 2nd best player in the open court on a fast break with the ball in his hands right behind lebron.I dont care what facts you tell me if i believe it its true...............

Facts would be watching a game and seeing what he does instead of looking at inflated assists numbers from CP3..

The Jazz offense doesnt have the ball in deron williams hands 99% of the time like NO

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Chauncey is better than Deron to me but Chauncey is also 33 so he's not gonna stay that good for long
Finally someone who doesnt go with their heart.

ukplayer4
05-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Yet Deron Williams hasnt even sniffed a allstar game but he is the best pg in the game :applause:

deron is in the west where hes had to compete with kidd/nash/paul/kobe/mcgrady/a.i etc not only are they the top performing guards but they have fan fare that is impenatrable regardless of your play. and derron only didnt make it this year due to being out the first 2 months of the season.

Bigsmoke
05-16-2009, 06:02 PM
With that said, Deron Willaims is overrated. people say he's better than CP3 while CP3 still finished with the higher record with much less talent around him.

face it guy, Deron Williams get that many assists because he's under the same coach that was working with John Stockton and Mark Jackson. Not to mention that Deron Williams and his Utah Jazz team has a pretty good list of talent so there isnt really a good reason they finished 8th if he's really that good.

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Facts would be watching a game and seeing what he does instead of looking at inflated assists numbers from CP3..

The Jazz offense doesnt have the ball in deron williams hands 99% of the time like NO
I dont know what cp3 has to do with this?why has Deron Williams not even sniffed a allstar game even the coaches wont vote him in?I want to see what you heart tells you to type cause you are obviously going with your heart when anyone brings up Deron Williams.

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 06:05 PM
With that said, Deron Willaims is a overrated. people say he's better than CP3 while CP3 still finished with the higher record with much less talent around him.

face it guy, Deron Williams get that many assists because he's under the same coach that was working with John Stockton and Mark Jackson. Not to mention that Deron Williams and his Utah Jazz team has a pretty good list of talent so there isnt really a good reason they finished 8th if he's really that good.
Yup i been said that Jerry Sloan's Offense is build to get his point guard assist its so much movement in it.Even with that being said since i dont go with my heart i will say Deron Williams is the better playmaker(though i kind of believe the offense they run adds 2 or 3 assist to his numbers)

AirJordan23
05-16-2009, 06:10 PM
:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last year, scratch that, the last 4-5 seasons, Chauncey couldn't even be considered in the top 5 on these internets - Before Williams and Paul, everyone been placing Kidd, Nash, and Payton on top and then Williams and Paul became tops and Chauncey was still on the outside looking in - but any Pistons fans giving props to Chauncey got laughed at, they got dissed. We was clowned on.

If I really want to be bothered again to bump the several top PG threads and watch people randomly diss Chauncey and Pistons fans getting called retard homers…

Just goes to show you how underrated he was with Detroit. Maybe cause of the team-oriented defensive mind set that Detroit had, people just don't like Detroit or simply because he wasn't putting up mind boggling stats that draw attention. He's always been the type of player who could impact the game in various ways. Looking at this thread though, I feel he's a bit overrated/overvalued now. I don't think he's a top 2 PG in the league. He's behind Deron and Paul simply because they're more talented, skilled and can carry a team better than Chauncey can. He has them on leadership and defense but in terms of starting a team I wouldn't take him over those 2. Maybe in adding a PG to a team or building cohesiveness (if thats a word), I would. I have him 3rd on my list ahead of Parker.

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Someone tell me who think Deron Williams is the best pg why hasnt he even sniffed a allstar game?Dont tell me people are getting in by reputation cause steve nash didnt get it and dont tell me he had a off year IF HE IS THE BEST PG IN THE GAME HE WOULD OF MADE IT ONE OF THESE YEAR.Some of yall people on ish have to learn to stop going with your heart.

Bigsmoke
05-16-2009, 06:12 PM
Yup i been said that Jerry Sloan's Offense is build to get his point guard assist its so much movement in it.Even with that being said since i dont go with my heart i will say Deron Williams is the better playmaker(though i kind of believe the offense they run adds 2 or 3 assist to his numbers)

I'll give you that. Lets not forget that Deron is still a very young dude at age 24 i think. So maybe when he's 28 he'll be a dominate point guard unlike what everyone in this thread thinks he is now.

ukplayer4
05-16-2009, 06:14 PM
deron is in the west where hes had to compete with kidd/nash/paul/kobe/mcgrady/a.i etc not only are they the top performing guards but they have fan fare that is impenatrable regardless of your play. and derron only didnt make it this year due to being out the first 2 months of the season.

this

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Just goes to show you how underrated he was with Detroit. Maybe cause of the team-oriented defensive mind set that Detroit had, people just don't like Detroit or simply because he wasn't putting up mind boggling stats that draw attention. He's always been the type of player who could impact the game in various ways. Looking at this thread though, I feel he's a bit overrated/overvalued now. I don't think he's a top 2 PG in the league. He's behind Deron and Paul simply because they're more talented, skilled and can carry a team better than Chauncey can. He has them on leadership and defense but in terms of starting a team I wouldn't take him over those 2. Maybe in adding a PG to a team or building cohesiveness (if thats a word), I would. I have him 3rd on my list ahead of Parker.
I just dont get how you can say that.Just he is a better playmaker/Mid range shooter that makes him the better player?Theres no way you can say they can carry a team better then Chauncey He has gotten to the Conference finals 6 str8 times and has been the best player on his team 5 out of the 6 years.

Sonic R
05-16-2009, 06:17 PM

I just think people hate Detroit in general :ohwell:

And personally I believe that as of today, Chauncey is still top 5, and felt the same for years, though as he ages, he will start his decline

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 06:19 PM
The coaches vote too......So your telling me the coaches who game plan all the time against him are snubbing him cause they like people like Chauncey and Steve nash better?You just refuse to believe the coaches who are around the game 24/7 may actually believe that Chauncey is better then Deron Williams right now.Yall gona have to stop going with your hearts one of these days maybe today will be the start. :applause:

mrhoopfan
05-16-2009, 06:22 PM
It's hard to say who's better. ......Playing devil's advocate, Chauncey didn't look as good as Deron when he suited up for the U.S. team two years ago( he decided not to play in the 08 Olympics). Chauncey shoots a low percentage although he makes big shots.....Williams shoots a very good % for a pg AND his playmaking/ passing skills are better than Chaunceys.....he's also more athletic

thejumpa
05-16-2009, 06:24 PM
In some instances people DO get in because of reputation.....but I'm not going to use that as an excuse.

I think Deron is the best PG in the league. CP3 is a close second to me but most see him as #1. With Tony Parker right there and Nash and there as well....it's obvious people thought he wasn't playing good enough. That's strange because 99% of the NBA (Coaches,Commentators,probably even players) will list him at 1 or 2. Maybeeeeee 3. Why he didn't make the All-Star game? I can't tell you the exact reason...but it sure isn't because he didn't play well enough to earn a spot.

AirJordan23
05-16-2009, 06:24 PM
I just dont get how you can say that.Just he is a better playmaker/Mid range shooter that makes him the better player?Theres no way you can say they can carry a team better then Chauncey He has gotten to the Conference finals 6 str8 times and has been the best player on his team 5 out of the 6 years.

I believe he has Chauncey on court vision, scoring, being able to break down the defense but most importantly the PGs job is to run the floor, execute properly and create good looks for his teammates. IMO, Deron does that better than Chauncey and this is coming from a huge Denver fan. Chauncey has him on defense and shooting but those aren't the PGs primary job. Chauncey's team has been MUCH better than Deron's. That Piston team was stacked, had a great defensive minded coach that brought the best out of his players. He had Ben Wallace, Sheed, Tay, Memo, Rip etc. Vets like Campbell and Hunter. Deron has never had that sort of talent or quality of defense on his team. Put Deron on those Piston teams, I'm sure they'd go just as far. Obviously, this is all hypothetical but it's not ridiculous to suggest that. Deron is the best player on his team, Chauncey, eh? On some nights. I'd take Melo over him right now. Chauncey's the leader but Melo's our best player.

ukplayer4
05-16-2009, 06:26 PM
[QUOTE=Sonic R]I just think people hate Detroit in general :ohwell:

And personally I believe that as of today, Chauncey is still top 5, and felt the same for years, though as he ages, he will start his decline

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 06:27 PM
It's hard to say who's better. ......Playing devil's advocate, Chauncey didn't look as good as Deron when he suited up for the U.S. team two years ago( he decided not to play in the 08 Olympics). Chauncey shoots a low percentage although he makes big shots.....Williams shoots a very good % for a pg AND his playmaking/ passing skills are better than Chaunceys.....he's also more athletic
All i know is they told chauncey in 08 if he stays on the team he made the final cut.Chauncey does shoot a lower overall field goal percentage but he is more efficient clutch shooter and shoots a higher 3 point% and ft%.Deron is a better playmaker and he is more atheltic but its not like deron williams is using that atheltic abilty to bang on people every single game.I wish i could find a site but im pretty sure that when they drive chauncey makes more contested lay-ups/draw more fouls then Deron Williams :confusedshrug:

AirJordan23
05-16-2009, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE=Sonic R]I just think people hate Detroit in general :ohwell:

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 06:30 PM
I believe he has Chauncey on court vision, scoring, being able to break down the defense but most importantly the PGs job is to run the floor, execute properly and create good looks for his teammates. IMO, Deron does that better than Chauncey and this is coming from a huge Denver fan. Chauncey has him on defense and shooting but those aren't the PGs primary job. Chauncey's team has been MUCH better than Deron's. That Piston team was stacked, had a great defensive minded coach that brought the best out of his players. He had Ben Wallace, Sheed, Tay, Memo, Rip etc. Vets like Campbell and Hunter. Deron has never had that sort of talent or quality of defense on his team. Put Deron on those Piston teams, I'm sure they'd go just as far. Obviously, this is all hypothetical but it's not ridiculous to suggest that. Deron is the best player on his team, Chauncey, eh? On some nights. I'd take Melo over him right now. Chauncey's the leader but Melo's our best player.
When i said 5 out of 6 years chauncey was the best player on his team this was the one year where I believe he is not so i agree with you on that :pimp:

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 06:32 PM
In some instances people DO get in because of reputation.....but I'm not going to use that as an excuse.

I think Deron is the best PG in the league. CP3 is a close second to me but most see him as #1. With Tony Parker right there and Nash and there as well....it's obvious people thought he wasn't playing good enough. That's strange because 99% of the NBA (Coaches,Commentators,probably even players) will list him at 1 or 2. Maybeeeeee 3. Why he didn't make the All-Star game? I can't tell you the exact reason...but it sure isn't because he didn't play well enough to earn a spot.
Or maybe just maybe they could honestly just like me belive that Chauncey is actually the better player right now :ohwell:

ukplayer4
05-16-2009, 06:34 PM
The coaches vote too......So your telling me the coaches who game plan all the time against him are snubbing him cause they like people like Chauncey and Steve nash better?You just refuse to believe the coaches who are around the game 24/7 may actually believe that Chauncey is better then Deron Williams right now.Yall gona have to stop going with your hearts one of these days maybe today will be the start. :applause:

chauncey has actualy never had to compete with derron for an allstar spot so there is no evidence to say the coaches choose billups over derron.

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 06:37 PM
chauncey has actualy never had to compete with derron for an allstar spot so there is no evidence to say the coaches choose billups over derron.
So Chauncey didnt play for the nuggets before the allstar break all of a sudden yet you called me stupid every post :sleeping and didnt play for the west team this year.....As Mark Jackson would say are you kidding me????come on your better then that!

AirJordan23
05-16-2009, 06:41 PM
So Chauncey didnt play for the nuggets before the allstar break all of a sudden yet you called me stupid every post :sleeping
Deron wasn't an all star because he was injured for a good amount of time. You can't expect Deron to make the ASG when he only played like 30 games before the all star game. Chauncey was the obvious pick at that time, Denver had a great record and Billups was leading the way. This is the same with people expecting Pippen to make the all star game in '98. He was injured but played at an all star level after his return but he didn't play enough games to draw the coach's attention.

Toizumi
05-16-2009, 06:43 PM
You missspelled alot of things but i wont be an ass and point them out like you did with cause people make mistakes.
Thanks

Looks like you said chauncey was better in certain areas yet you say Deron is better on offense by alot :wtf:the ony thing you say Deron is better at is being a playmakers and i said that a hour ago you whole point is a FAIL!!!!!!!!!!

it's not just playmaking. He's a better scorer and better at creating his own shot. I agree that Billups is the better shooter (that explains the better FT% and 3PT%) but Deron has a better drive, better pull up J and gets to the rim more (that explains his FG% being better). Yes chauncey is better at certain areas, but overall Deron is better. I'll say it again: Billups is one of my personal favorites, Deron isnt. I'm trying to be objective and this is my opinion. I respect yours, hope you do the same.

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Deron wasn't an all star because he was injured for a good amount of time. You can't expect Deron to make the ASG when he only played like 30 games before the all star game. Chauncey was the obvious pick at that time, Denver had a great record and Billups was leading the way. This is the same with people expecting Pippen to make the all star game in '98. He was injured but played at an all star level after his return but he didn't play enough games to draw the coach's attention.
Yall call him the best pg in the league right? so what was his excuse last year and the year before that?

ukplayer4
05-16-2009, 06:44 PM
no derron missed like the first 20 games so wasnt in contention for allstar game this year.

Cavs2009CHAMPS
05-16-2009, 06:45 PM
billups is better then chris paul, Look wtf he did to chris paul in the nuggets-hornets series, paul is overrated and billups is 4 real

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 06:46 PM
billups is better then chris paul, Look wtf he did to chris paul in the nuggets-hornets series, paul is overrated and billups is 4 real
Naw that was a team effort and half the time dahnty jones was guarding him wish i could back you up lol :cheers: Cant believe i have been watching this thread like a hawk for almost 4 hours lol im done for right now boys.

Cavs2009CHAMPS
05-16-2009, 06:48 PM
i dunno in my eyes chris paul is just a flashy passer, something like the young jason williams, hes not as good as everyone thinks he is.... Billups is better

AirJordan23
05-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Yall call him the best pg in the league right? so what was his excuse last year and the year before that?

I never said he's the best PG in the league. Chris Paul is. Anyway, to answer your question. In '06-07, he didn't outplay guys like AI, Nash, Kobe, McGrady to warrant an all star spot. Last year, he sure deserved to be an all star. Nash or Roy had no business being an all star over Deron. Nash got in due to his rep and the mancrush the coaches have on him. Situations like these, the vets are favored over the young guns.

New Jazzy Nets
05-16-2009, 06:56 PM
WHy stop at 2nd? He beat Paul in the 1st round right? and its only about playoffs so why isn't billups the 1st?

RocketGreatness
05-16-2009, 06:59 PM
1. Billups

2. Meh

3. Meh

4. Tony Parker

thejumpa
05-16-2009, 07:13 PM
1.DWill
2.CP3
3.Billups
4.Parker
5.Nash

slowly creeping up.....Rondo,Rose,Harris (he's a PG right?)

Most people (in the NBA and fans) argue about whether CP3 or Deron is #1....not 3-5. In my list, everything after 2 is debatable and can be switched around. But as right now...I can't put DWill under Billups. Playoff play? yes, of course....pure skill,talent, and overall impact on team right now....DWill

brandonislegend
05-16-2009, 07:25 PM
I dont know when people are going to realize Dwill is best in league.

HES THE MOST COMPLETE PG.

NO WEAKNESS

Papaya Petee
05-16-2009, 07:38 PM
Deron Williams is better passer, that explains the higher assist stat.

He is also a better scorer, he also scores more per game.

This shouldn't even be a debate honestly.

Just because Chauncey has been playing out of his mind lately doesn't change it.

If not for Lakers D-Will would of had back to back WCF as well.

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 08:07 PM
WHy stop at 2nd? He beat Paul in the 1st round right? and its only about playoffs so why isn't billups the 1st?
I like chauncey over cp3 in the playoffs easily :hammertime:

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 08:08 PM

NO WEAKNESS
i seen a weakness in his game he cannot guard small fast point guards :no:

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2009, 08:09 PM
1.DWill
2.CP3
3.Billups
4.Parker
5.Nash

slowly creeping up.....Rondo,Rose,Harris (he's a PG right?)

Most people (in the NBA and fans) argue about whether CP3 or Deron is #1....not 3-5. In my list, everything after 2 is debatable and can be switched around. But as right now...I can't put DWill under Billups. Playoff play? yes, of course....pure skill,talent, and overall impact on team right now....DWill
deron williams is not number #1 and steve nash is not top 5 you need defense to be top 5 :violin: I like jason kidd over him

yobore
05-16-2009, 09:23 PM
Its funny how Deron often gets rated by skillset while the others are rated by what they actually do. Deron's a much better shooter but all his percentages are below CP and Billups, Deron can post up, but hardly ever does. Deron can take over and win games better than CP but he doesn't do at often.

There's more to the game besides skill-set. I'll give you Deron may be the most skilled PG but the most important part is how you apply your skills and that is why the rest of us don't consider him the best PG in the game.

Chauncey isnt as skilled as Paul or Deron but he has definitely been the best PG in the playoffs because he knows how to use his skills the best.

thejumpa
05-16-2009, 09:43 PM
deron williams is not number #1 and steve nash is not top 5 you need defense to be top 5 :violin: I like jason kidd over him

Haha we have been over this!

And you could be right on Steve Nash...I had Kidd at 6th but one could make a case for him at 5th or above Nash. Problem is, Nash has helped his team more in the last 3-4 years so...but Kidd is ridiculous. The guy get's triple doubles like its nothing.

RoseCity07
05-16-2009, 09:59 PM
I kind of agree and even saw it coming. I knew Billups would be out to prove he was the best.

206kid
05-16-2009, 10:09 PM
I know he's not the second best point guard in the NBA. He's the best PG in the league.

hoopaddict08
05-17-2009, 12:03 AM
Chauncey can't be even discussed as a top three point guard. He is too old remember? He is on the decline. Remember? I sure do.

That's all I remember hearing last year when he was a Piston. Anyways, I'm not going by who I think is better. I'll go by who I would want on my playoff team.

1. Chauncey
2. Deron Williams
3. Chris Paul
4. Parker
5. Rondo

I have always said I'd take Williams over Paul because of his size, but I would take Chauncey overall because he is a proven veteran, a hell of a leader, and is clutch.

Im so nba'd out
05-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Its funny how Deron often gets rated by skillset while the others are rated by what they actually do. Deron's a much better shooter but all his percentages are below CP and Billups, Deron can post up, but hardly ever does. Deron can take over and win games better than CP but he doesn't do at often.

There's more to the game besides skill-set. I'll give you Deron may be the most skilled PG but the most important part is how you apply your skills and that is why the rest of us don't consider him the best PG in the game.

Chauncey isnt as skilled as Paul or Deron but he has definitely been the best PG in the playoffs because he knows how to use his skills the best.
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Im so nba'd out
05-17-2009, 02:45 PM
I know he's not the second best point guard in the NBA. He's the best PG in the league.
I never seen the best player at their postion not even sniff a allstar game :confusedshrug:

lilderrickrose
05-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Derrick Rose is the best point guard in the league right now. Only player to score 36 points and dish out 11 assists in his first playoff game.

Copperhead
05-17-2009, 03:06 PM
In the regular season, Paul outplayed Billups. In the postseason, Billups outplayed Paul.

In the regular 08-09 season, Paul was the best point guard.

All of these type of threads are simply based on "what have you done for me lately".

And people who are saying Williams is the best pg in the league how in the heck can that be and the guy didn't even make an All-NBA team? Not 1st, not 2nd and not even 3rd. How can that be?

GOBB
05-17-2009, 03:25 PM
In the regular season, Paul outplayed Billups. In the postseason, Billups outplayed Paul.

In the regular 08-09 season, Paul was the best point guard.

All of these type of threads are simply based on "what have you done for me lately".

And people who are saying Williams is the best pg in the league how in the heck can that be and the guy didn't even make an All-NBA team? Not 1st, not 2nd and not even 3rd. How can that be?

He made all NBA 2nd team last season. This season he just missed the cut to make an All NBA team because he was hurt.

Other players receiving votes, with point totals (first team votes in parentheses): Deron Williams, Utah, 105; Kevin Garnett, Boston, 72

Billups made the 3rd team all NBA this season whereas Deron was on the outside lookin in for obvious reasons. Yet he recieved more votes than any other player recieving them by a significant margin. That in itself says enough.

Copperhead
05-17-2009, 03:31 PM
He made all NBA 2nd team last season. This season he just missed the cut to make an All NBA team because he was hurt.

Billups made the 3rd team all NBA this season whereas Deron was on the outside lookin in for obvious reasons. Yet he recieved more votes than any other player recieving them by a significant margin. That in itself says enough.

Yeah, I know Deron made an All-NBA team last season. I think he and Tony Parker missed almost the same amount of games this season yet Tony was able to make an All-NBA team. If you're considered the best point guard in the NBA, then you should at least be able to make one All-NBA team. Tony isn't considered the best and yet he still made a team.

wang4three
05-17-2009, 04:26 PM
I don't understand how the playoffs is the main arguement for Billups being better than Deron while it was Paul that Chauncey embarrassed this year in the playoffs.

joshwake
05-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Have you ever seriously rolled your ankle? Anyone that has can tell you it takes over a year to get back to %100. And yet, Deron was clearly a better PG over the season than billups or TP. The rest of the Jazz melted down at the end of the season, otherwise Utah probably would have been in the 7, 6, or even 5 seed.

gutterballer733
05-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Have you ever seriously rolled your ankle? Anyone that has can tell you it takes over a year to get back to %100.

Puss. Plus Deron has a training staff tending to his ankle basically 24/7. Also, Billups has a history of performing at a high level in the playoffs for years, not just this postseason.

Im so nba'd out
05-17-2009, 11:31 PM
Have you ever seriously rolled your ankle? Anyone that has can tell you it takes over a year to get back to %100. And yet, Deron was clearly a better PG over the season than billups or TP. The rest of the Jazz melted down at the end of the season, otherwise Utah probably would have been in the 7, 6, or even 5 seed.
He was the better pg over the season yet he didnt make any of the all-nba team and Chauncey did :lol

Im so nba'd out
05-17-2009, 11:33 PM
I don't understand how the playoffs is the main arguement for Billups being better than Deron while it was Paul that Chauncey embarrassed this year in the playoffs.
Cause thats what matters in the nba the playoffs more then any other sport.Also,that was not my main arguement.Him being a better defender,more clutch,just as good if not a better shooter,and being more of a leader.Those were my main points

jazz873
05-17-2009, 11:57 PM
i would rather have dwill as my pg. the guy only has 4 seasons under his belt and hes only getting better.

Im so nba'd out
05-19-2014, 03:53 AM
:dancin

rhowen4
05-19-2014, 04:05 AM
Uhh... A lot changes in 5 years.

Real14
05-19-2014, 04:09 AM
Amen. Preach brother!

TheMagicMan
05-19-2014, 04:20 AM

NO WEAKNESS

Once upon a time...

Im so nba'd out
05-19-2014, 04:35 AM
http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/04/Evil-Laugh-GIF.gif

5 years later

still think d-will better than parker/chauncey?

CeilingFan#1
05-19-2014, 04:37 AM
(cough)

You keep editing your post, but to respond to what was here, "Still think he is better than Chauncey/Parker," he is certainly better than Billups at this point.

CeilingFan#1
05-19-2014, 04:38 AM
http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/04/Evil-Laugh-GIF.gif

5 years later

still think d-will better than parker/chauncey?

Ah,here it is. Yes, D-Will is better than Chauncey at this point.

Im so nba'd out
05-19-2014, 04:40 AM
You keep editing your post, but to respond to what was here, "Still think he is better than Chauncey/Parker," he is certainly better than Billups at this point.
one more edit and im done