05-19-2009, 08:53 PM
The Clip show? Seriously?

YAWN
05-19-2009, 08:55 PM
eric gordon, al thornton, griffin is promising

OneMoreSucka
05-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Zach Randolph, Baron Davis, and Mike Dunleavy are not.

YAWN
05-19-2009, 08:57 PM

:lol

true

Mississippi
Al Thornton sucks.

Al Thornton
Mods delete this thread this isn't a discussion just a ****ty opinion.

RoseCity07
05-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Clippers are a very promising team. I think LA needs them to be good. Clippers don't have that arrogance that people hate.

Meticode
05-19-2009, 08:58 PM

That's really nice and all, but how often has that been said about other players during some point and time. It's a failed organization. Griffin is probably at home like, "At least I get to see Kobe all the time in LA."

OneMoreSucka
05-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Mods delete this thread this isn't a discussion just a ****ty opinion.
It's pretty clearly a discussion and considering we're talking about the Clippers, yeah it's a pretty ****ty opinion.

Lebron23
05-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Clippers are the Team of the Future. They should hire a decent coach next season.

rezznor
05-19-2009, 09:01 PM
The Clip show? Seriously?
its the clippers. expect a top tier team to pick him up via trade or f.a. once his rookie contract runs out :D

Valliant13
05-19-2009, 09:02 PM
The thing is if they ditch Dunleavy, and career losers like Ricky Davis and Z-Bo, they have a fantastic young core to build around.
PG- A Motivated Baron
SG: A underrated young star in Eric Gordon
SF: A fundamental shakey but talented Thorton
PF: A potentially Beastly Blake
C: Very solid Chris Kaman

They would be one of my favorite teams to watch...if the didn't have the aformentioned poison that destroys the potential of everyone around them.

laview
05-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Terrible situation for Griffin to be stuck on a team full of player with major character flaws. A young millionaire in LA means trouble if you hang out with the wrong crowd. He better be very very careful.

Rekindled
05-19-2009, 09:06 PM
the only way i could even become a supporter of clippers is if they move out of LA.

theballerFKA Ace
05-19-2009, 09:06 PM

Thornton is pure garbage.

tdotraptor
05-19-2009, 09:07 PM

+ 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000:D

i feel bad for him, i wanted him to be drafted by okc, his hometown

bagelred
05-19-2009, 09:08 PM
If Clippers take Griffin, its poor Rubio!!!!!!!!

For a guy who wanted to live and play in NY, an Italian guy, stuck in OKC or Memphis for 4 years!!!!!! :lol :oldlol: :lol :oldlol:

It's like a bad sitcom.

BlazersDozen
05-19-2009, 09:20 PM
I think the Clippers will trade down. Honestly, if they remain healthy and add depth, they are a decent team so I don't see why not trade down for more picks and a role player ala New England Patriots.

FULL CLIP
05-19-2009, 09:24 PM
I think the Clippers will trade down. Honestly, if they remain healthy and add depth, they are a decent team so I don't see why not trade down for more picks and a role player ala New England Patriots.

Clips need to go BPA.

bagelred
05-19-2009, 09:24 PM

HUGE mistake.

Forget the now. If you take Griffin, you've got Griffin, Thornton, and Gordon as a core going forward.

BlazersDozen
05-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Thorton isn't that good.

If you start rebuilding right now then you've basically signed Baron Davis to that HUGE contract for no reason. The whole point of him coming to L.A. other than Elton Brand was so he could win at home. Also, the Clippers already have a log jam of big men. Where will Griffin get minutes between Randolph, Kaman and Camby? All three expect to get 30-35 minutes per.

The bench is good for the Clippers if they move Ricky Davis and add a solid back up small forward and replace R. Davis with a shooting guard who doesn't need the ball to be effective.

And I'll reiterate, the Clippers can not fully rebuild with Baron Davis' fat contract eating up their cap room.

bagelred
05-19-2009, 09:33 PM
And I'll reiterate, the Clippers can not fully rebuild with Baron Davis' fat contract eating up their cap room.

So they'll trade him. There are plenty of teams who need a PG of Davis' ability. Someone will give you cap space for him......

BFRESH44
05-19-2009, 09:33 PM
15-18 Million dollars in guranteed money(just to start), and So Cal vajay jay?

Poor Blake Griffin? :lol

Al Thornton
05-19-2009, 09:35 PM
15-18 Million dollars in guranteed money, and So Cal vajay jay?

Poor Blake Griffin? :lol

I know **** fans only think about winning but when your a 19 year old kid about to make millions of dollars and play in the nba LA would seem like a great place.

Al Thornton
05-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Thornton is pure garbage.

No.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 09:43 PM
RUbio is Spanish, not Italian.
But anyone from the Meditteranean with taste in culture and food will be in hell in Memphis or OKC.
Nah he has his Spanish National Team teammate Marc Gasol in Memphis.

Gasol enjoyed Memphis when he was here.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Thorton isn't that good.

If you start rebuilding right now then you've basically signed Baron Davis to that HUGE contract for no reason. The whole point of him coming to L.A. other than Elton Brand was so he could win at home. Also, the Clippers already have a log jam of big men. Where will Griffin get minutes between Randolph, Kaman and Camby? All three expect to get 30-35 minutes per.

The bench is good for the Clippers if they move Ricky Davis and add a solid back up small forward and replace R. Davis with a shooting guard who doesn't need the ball to be effective.

+1.

Ricky Davis has no role on the Clippers.

Baron's contract will be very hard to move, hes still due $12 Million + for the next 4 seasons.

ZBO is impossible to move, hes lockerroom and on the court cancer.

Kaman could get dealt, there are still a few GM's who know how effective he is when healthy.

Camby will get dealt, good veteran big man expirer.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 09:51 PM
No do.
Marc Gasol obviously has no taste in food and culture.
Memphis is awful on all fronts.
Rubio never mentioned wanting to play in a huge market, I personally thought it would help better promote him to the masses.

Rubio fits in Memphis, its not as high profile and he has his teammate Marc Gasol here to help him adjust to the NBA lifestyle.

Al Thornton
05-19-2009, 09:51 PM
+1.

Ricky Davis has no role on the Clippers.

Baron's contract will be very hard to move, hes still due $12 Million + for the next 4 seasons.

ZBO is impossible to move, hes lockerroom and on the court cancer.

Kaman could get dealt, there are still a few GM's who know how effective he is when healthy.

Camby will get dealt, good veteran big man expirer.

We'll see he's already been traded twice recently. And I highly doubt Camby will leave unless for a promising young player. Camby is needed to teach Deandre Jordan.

Darius
05-19-2009, 09:54 PM
It's a good day to be a Clipper fan (how often can you say that?).

Landing the #1 pick was the only way out of tailspin and we did it.

Gordon + Griffin might be a legit championship level core down the road if Griffin can achieve a young McDyess level.

Thorton needs to be traded. Kaman needs to be traded.

I'd love to have Kaman traded for Tayshaun Prince - we need a defender/facilitator at the 3 spot.

nbastatus
05-19-2009, 09:55 PM
i hope clippers trade away randolph so griffin can play more minutes.

laview
05-19-2009, 10:49 PM
But anyone from the Meditteranean with taste in culture and food will be in hell in Memphis or OKC.

Not calling myself an expert, but after spending some time in Spain and a little bit of online research you will see that Spain in not Italy or France. Spainish cuisine is not internationally famous. It is kind of like England where you will find two or three signature dishes that represent their culture, but overall the food doesn't stand out that much. That being said, very few places are famous for their food like France or Italy or Chinese cuisine. That being said, Spain is an amazing place that I can't wait to go back to visit again.

GiveItToBurrito
05-19-2009, 10:51 PM

*sigh* if only they were the Nashville Grizzlies...Memphis isn't great, but Nashville's actually pretty cool.

Reverend Hoops
05-19-2009, 10:54 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/clippers/1988-89_manning2.jpg

qrich
05-19-2009, 10:56 PM

Last year, yes. Hell, almost any year, YES, but this draft is way too weak to trade down

FULL CLIP
05-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Last year, yes. Hell, almost any year, YES, but this draft is way too weak to trade down

Co-sign, Blake or Bust.

Al Thornton
05-19-2009, 11:00 PM
Co-sign, Blake or Bust.

BLAKE BLAKE BLAKE

The GM
05-19-2009, 11:05 PM
If Clippers take Griffin, its poor Rubio!!!!!!!!

For a guy who wanted to live and play in NY, an Italian guy, stuck in OKC or Memphis for 4 years!!!!!! :lol :oldlol: :lol :oldlol:

It's like a bad sitcom.

It wouldn't be a bad situation at all in OKC maybe living wise yes but a Durant, Jeff Green, Westbrook & Rubio core looks damn good if Rubio is as good as I believe he's going to be.

G-train
05-19-2009, 11:12 PM
They havent drafted Blake yet.

This is the Clippers.

bagelred
05-19-2009, 11:12 PM
It wouldn't be a bad situation at all in OKC maybe living wise yes but a Durant, Jeff Green, Westbrook & Rubio core looks damn good if Rubio is as good as I believe he's going to be.

If Durant, Green, and Westbrook are so good, why did they win only 23 games?

If you are from Spain, I would think living in OKC would be a nightmare.....no offense..........

G-train
05-19-2009, 11:14 PM
If Durant, Green, and Westbrook are so good, why did they win only 23 games?

If you are from Spain, I would think living in OKC would be a nightmare.....

Maybe because overall the roster sucks. surely you are not implying that those 3 are not good young players.

bagelred
05-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Maybe because overall the roster sucks. surely you are not implying that those 3 are not goof young players.

They absolutely are goof young players, but if they were that goof, wouldn't they get more wins? How does the "overall roster" suck? You just named three quality players. :confusedshrug:

"Um...ok....we have Lebron, Howard, and CP3.........yeah, but what about the REST of the roster?!"

G-train
05-19-2009, 11:16 PM
you are pathetic

bagelred
05-19-2009, 11:19 PM
you are pathetic

Haha, nice rebuttal.

OK, my turn.....your momma!!!!!

FULL CLIP
05-19-2009, 11:26 PM
They havent drafted Blake yet.

This is the Clippers.

http://www.blogcdn.com/nba.fanhouse.com/media/2009/05/andyroeser-tz-150.jpg

Guess what number was on the other side of his jacket?:pimp:

G-train
05-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Haha, nice rebuttal.

OK, my turn.....your momma!!!!!

Your level of stupidity isn't worth responding to properly. You are a joke poster.

plowking
05-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Anyone think that Griffin will be better then Beasley?

bagelred
05-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Your level of stupidity isn't worth responding to properly. You are a joke poster.

I asked why OKC didn't win more games if they have 3 very good young players, and you couldn't answer the question. Seems the joke is on you G plane.

FULL CLIP
05-19-2009, 11:33 PM

Yeah, most def. He's not as skilled at this point, but he's (IMO) a superior athlete with better size. I think Griffin will be a legit PF while Beasily will always be somewhat of a tweener.

plowking
05-19-2009, 11:38 PM
Yeah, most def. He's not as skilled at this point, but he's (IMO) a superior athlete with better size. I think Griffin will be a legit PF while Beasily will always be somewhat of a tweener.

Superior athlete in what sense?

Beasley is able to throw down between the legs dunks, has a great first step and change of direction.

What are Griffin's strengths? Because like Beasley in the post he seems to just have used his szie, but he doesn't have the outside game like Beasley.

Interminator
05-19-2009, 11:44 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/clippers/1988-89_manning2.jpg
Uh oh.
:oldlol:

Interminator
05-19-2009, 11:45 PM
http://lowposts.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/olowokandi.png

oh the horror
05-19-2009, 11:53 PM
I honestly believe Randolph/Camby/ or Kaman will be moved.

They definately need to shed Ricky Davis, and Randolph, and with this kid coming to town, I think they'll definately be making a LOT of moves.

FULL CLIP
05-19-2009, 11:53 PM
Superior athlete in what sense?

Beasley is able to throw down between the legs dunks, has a great first step and change of direction.

What are Griffin's strengths? Because like Beasley in the post he seems to just have used his szie, but he doesn't have the outside game like Beasley.

Bigger body, stronger, probably just as fast (not as quick) and (IMO) more impressive leaper. I don't care about throwing down a between the legs (when is he gonna do that in a game?), Blake throws down on (and sometimes over) cats. Blake would dunk in many scenarios where Beaz would have to layup. Griffin Finishes stronger, and he played better D (in the post). Beasely is a much more finished product, but Griffin has more upside (and a better attitude).

Al Thornton
05-19-2009, 11:55 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/nba.fanhouse.com/media/2009/05/andyroeser-tz-150.jpg

Guess what number was on the other side of his jacket?:pimp:
:cheers: numba 23!!!!!!!!!

oh the horror
05-20-2009, 12:00 AM
Lets not get it twisted here folks...they're going to take Blake with the first pick. No doubts about it.

FULL CLIP
05-20-2009, 12:06 AM
:cheers: numba 23!!!!!!!!!

Yup Yup.:cheers:

shortlunatic
05-20-2009, 12:48 AM
clips will trade kaman

shaoyut
05-20-2009, 01:07 AM
Clippers should trade most of thier team but not Gordon and Blake Griffin

Al Thornton
05-20-2009, 01:11 AM
Clippers should trade most of thier team but not Gordon and Blake Griffin

Or Thornton or Taylor or Deandre Jordan or Baron(imo the first 20 games will determine if he will still be useful or not) or STEVE!!!!!!:oldlol:

plowking
05-20-2009, 01:11 AM
clips will trade kaman

Miami is listening.

GiveItToBurrito
05-20-2009, 01:17 AM
Miami is listening.

What could the Heat give the Clippers, though?

BRINKER
05-20-2009, 01:20 AM

jermaine o'neal's expiring deal

boozehound
05-20-2009, 01:22 AM
something tells me you havent been to memphis.

Sinox
05-20-2009, 01:24 AM
The worst scenario is that he will be trapped on a bad team for a few years.
The upsides are LA, money, and face of the franchise.

OneMoreSucka
05-20-2009, 01:29 AM
The worst scenario is that he will be trapped on a bad team for a few years.
The upsides are LA, money, and face of the franchise.
Is it even possible to be the face of the Clippers? Who has been their "face" in previous years? :confusedshrug:

bdreason
05-20-2009, 01:30 AM
Not like the Kings or Grizzlies are any better.

bdreason
05-20-2009, 01:33 AM

He won't ever be better than Beasley.

Beasley's offensive game is better now than Griffin's will ever be.

G-train
05-20-2009, 01:38 AM

If you watched a Heat game you would see he can play the 4 very well. And no he is not a superior athlete... he may have a slightly higher leap, but Beasley has a massive leap also. He just does efficient moves. Plus Beasley has loads more talent.
However Griffin is a better rebounder and defender

BRINKER
05-20-2009, 01:38 AM
He won't ever be better than Beasley.

Beasley's offensive game is better now than Griffin's will ever be.

beasley's offensive game is better than a lot of players whose overall value much exceeds beasley's

bigkingsfan
05-20-2009, 01:41 AM
Not like the Kings or Grizzlies are any better.
He would of gotten 35+ mins, guarantee starting spot with both teams. Zbo is locked for another 2 years, so his early development will be hinder as a backup role. As a NBA fan, you won't see him running for ROY...

Cerebral Jedi
05-20-2009, 01:41 AM
Poor Blake indeed. He should pull a Danny Ferry and force a trade.

bdreason
05-20-2009, 01:43 AM
beasley's offensive game is better than a lot of players whose overall value much exceeds beasley's

The difference is that Beasley can work on his defense and rebounding.

Griffin will never be as talented an offensive player as Beasley, even if he practices all day, every day, for the rest of his life.

oh the horror
05-20-2009, 01:44 AM
He would of gotten 35+ mins, guarantee starting spot with both teams. Zbo is locked for another 2 years, so his early development will be hinder as a backup role. As a NBA fan, you won't see him running for ROY...

There is no damn way they keep Blake coming off the bench for Zach....I would FIGURE they'd trade Randolph and try to develope Blake, no?

Or, have him coming off the bench early on, and make a trade in the season to get Randolph the hell outta town. I mean the guy is a complete idiot on the ball court....

Right??

I just dont see them benching Blake for long, just to play Randolph like that.

bdreason
05-20-2009, 01:46 AM

Clips are going to dump Randolph, or Kaman, or both.

I bet Grifffin gets 25-30 minutes a game a few months into the season... much like Gordon last year,

Also, Griffin will be playing with guys who can score, so he can focus on what he is good at; Rebounding, Defense, and Hustle.

plowking
05-20-2009, 01:47 AM

Haslem and Wright for Kaman.

Al Thornton
05-20-2009, 01:51 AM

We'll see about that don't be a bitter ******* just congratulate Clipper fans. Seriously who else even has a shot at ROY?

plowking
05-20-2009, 01:55 AM
Since when is Griffin a good defender? Beasley was better defensively in college.

Furthermore, he's a terrible FT shooter and Beasley is a better scorer.

FULL CLIP
The difference is that Beasley can work on his defense and rebounding.

Griffin will never be as talented an offensive player as Beasley, even if he practices all day, every day, for the rest of his life.

Beasley will never be as big or strong as Griffin. Skills can be taught, physical stature cannot.

bigkingsfan
We'll see about that don't be a bitter ******* just congratulate Clipper fans. Seriously who else even has a shot at ROY?
I'm not bitter, Kings only had a 25% chance at landing him. I hope the Clips can somehow trade Randolph's nasty contract because I want to see how Blake pans out ASAP.

CLE[216]
05-20-2009, 02:03 AM
Do you honestly think he cares who drafts him? He's getting paid to play basketball for a living.

BRINKER
05-20-2009, 02:04 AM
Beasley will never be as big or strong as Griffin. Skills can be taught, physical stature cannot.

plus beasley's a dumsky and a slouch. probably will never realize half his potential.

I gaurantee you at least 2/3 of GM's in the league would take Griffin right now over Beasley if given the choice. Not that GM's by and large know what they're doing, but still i think that most would get that one right at least.

plowking
05-20-2009, 02:11 AM

Beasley 6'8, 245lbs.
Griffin 6'9, 251lbs.

Same age as well, though Beasley has one year more experience.

plowking
05-20-2009, 02:13 AM
I just don't see anything that Griffin does better then Beasley apart from rebound.

oh the horror
05-20-2009, 02:14 AM
I hope the Clips can somehow trade Randolph's nasty contract because I want to see how Blake pans out ASAP.

Agreed.

FULL CLIP
05-20-2009, 02:24 AM
Beasley 6'8, 245lbs.
Griffin 6'9, 251lbs.

Same age as well, though Beasley has one year more experience.

beasely is like 6'7, but if they are around the same size (like you say) then why does Griff simply smash anything inbetween him and the hoop (in a 2-3 foot radius) while beasely had to settle for hooks and layups in the same situations.

Either

A. Griff is a considerably larger and stronger
B. Griff is a more explosive athlete
C. Both A and B

Beasely is a better perimeter player for sure (by leaps and bounds), but when everything is said and done Griff will be the better player in the paint (which is what most 4's are paid for, working in the paint). Most 4's don't need Beasley's skillset. It's sorta like having a bear that can tap dance. It's cool and welcome, but having a bear do bear stuff would probably be the best.

plowking
05-20-2009, 02:30 AM
beasely is like 6'7, but if they are around the same size (like you say) then why does Griff simply smash anything inbetween him and the hoop (in a 2-3 foot radius) while beasely had to settle for hooks and layups in the same situations.

Either

A. Griff is a considerably larger and stronger
B. Griff is a more explosive athlete
C. Both A and B

Beasely is a better perimeter player for sure (by leaps and bounds), but when everything is said and done Griff will be the better player in the paint (which is what most 4's are paid for, working in the paint). Most 4's don't need Beasley's skillset. It's sorta like having a bear that can tap dance. It's cool and welcome, but having a bear do bear stuff would probably be the best.

I guess that's why Dwight is criticized for his lack of outside game. Same goes for a lot of bigmen. The need that 15 foot jumpshot they can nail consistently. Griffin isn't Shaq, and he won't overpower opponents in the NBA immediately.

BRINKER
05-20-2009, 02:37 AM
I guess that's why Dwight is criticized for his lack of outside game.

he's only "criticized" for it because he's built up to be and expected to be a dominant elite superstar. hype and status aside, im quite certain even without a jumper in his arsenal, every team in the league would welcome him into their lineup, and over michael beasley at that.

FULL CLIP
05-20-2009, 02:45 AM
I guess that's why Dwight is criticized for his lack of outside game. Same goes for a lot of bigmen. The need that 15 foot jumpshot they can nail consistently. Griffin isn't Shaq, and he won't overpower opponents in the NBA immediately.

True, but as you can see Dwight is very productive with his limited skillset. All Dwight has to do is play defense. When you're as athletic and big as somebody like Dwight you'll get most of your points off of tip-ins, putbacks, lobs, etc.... Dwight doesn't need to hit a jumper, he just needs to rebound and be a decent FT shooter. Beasely is three times as skilled as dwight, but he'll probably never have the impact dwight has in the league.

I'm not saying Blake=Superman, but he's a powerful freak of nature at the 4. He's physically ready for the league and will be one of the more athletic players once he joins. Dude can finish with the best of them and does a good job rebounding and playing "big". As long as griffin can rebound well in the NBA then he's well worth the no.1 pick.

Kiddlovesnets
05-20-2009, 03:48 AM
Too bad he has to be a reserve for Zach Randolph...

oh the horror
05-20-2009, 03:53 AM
Too bad he has to be a reserve for Zach Randolph...

I dont buy that for a minute. I think for sure Zach will get the boot either now, or early on in the season.

plowking
05-20-2009, 03:53 AM
he's only "criticized" for it because he's built up to be and expected to be a dominant elite superstar. hype and status aside, im quite certain even without a jumper in his arsenal, every team in the league would welcome him into their lineup, and over michael beasley at that.

Beasley had one of the best college seasons ever, all in less years then Griffin as well.

I don't see anything that Griffin does better then Beasley apart from rebound.

Beasley was just as dominant in the post when he played in college if not more so.

Clipperboy3
05-20-2009, 04:00 AM
Poor Blake Griffin wow sum poster's Basketball IQ really scare me, anyways c'mon Blake & Beasly are the same age but that's it. After being measured correctly Beasly errored from a so called 6'10 college big man to 6'7 pro small forward trying to play the 4 position. At most I see Blake @ 6'9 clearly out weights Beasly if out muscles him. That said they both play different. Blake @ his stature likes to play on the open court, slash, pick & roll, or alley-op, ending up with a Lebronesce dunk. Beasly rather post up isolated maybe 2 to 3 dribbles quick move & fades away with a jumper, effective against college players not as much on grown men bigger than him. I'll give u this as far a pull up jump shots & free throws Beasly got Blake on those 2 too by far. But I can't see Beasly getting any stronger but maybe adding more finesse to his post moves arsenal. As for Blake if he can develop a descent outside jump shot, free throws, etc more of a project but with all that god given talent his potential is endless. With the right Guard by his side(maybe BD) with his size & speed he can have a Karl Malone type pick & roll type of game. To play in LA, the weather, the girls, the beach , the snow the night life, money in his pocket, endorsements galore come one really POOR BLAKE GRIFFIN??? Dam who knows their geography????? I mean unless he's afraid of earthquakes then yeah i agree Poor BG ha ha ha

FULL CLIP
05-20-2009, 04:02 AM
Beasley had one of the best college seasons ever, all in less years then Griffin as well.

Beasley was just as dominant in the post when he played in college if not more so.

He was (statistically), but just wathing them play I thought Blakes sophmore year was nasty. Beasley was a great player, but Griffin was "Humanity Advanced". As a USC bBall fan, I wasn't afraid of beasely. He ended up beating the trojans because of lame ticky tack fouls he drew, but physically he could'nt out muscle Taj gibson. Blake griffin made Taj his ***** for the most part when they played. Too big Too strong.

bdreason
05-20-2009, 05:03 AM
It's sorta like having a bear that can tap dance.

Who wouldn't want a Bear that can tap dance?

FULL CLIP
05-20-2009, 05:21 AM
Who wouldn't want a Bear that can tap dance?

That's what I'm saying, having a bear that could tap dance would be cool...but a bear that specializes in "bear stuff" (eating people alive, looking for honey, etc..) would probably be the best for the bear. :roll:

NotYetGreat
05-20-2009, 06:16 AM
Honestly, I think some guys on the Clips now could definitely help develop him. I still don't think they'll make the playoffs next year though. Looks promising though.

twolvesfan
05-20-2009, 06:38 AM
Since when is Griffin a good defender? Beasley was better defensively in college.

Furthermore, he's a terrible FT shooter and Beasley is a better scorer.
+1. im glad someone had the balls to point this out. blake is not a good defender, he is however extremely talented on the offensive end

godofgods
05-20-2009, 07:23 AM

This. Griffin is screwed.

Meticode
05-20-2009, 07:50 AM

True, but Beasley played against weaker opponents I thought with weaker competition?

indiefan23
05-20-2009, 07:59 AM

Baron Davis is a top 5 player when he's trying, that is to say, when Dunleavy is not his coach. I wouldn't want to play that team. If I was Blake, I also would not want to be a clipper man.

plowking
05-20-2009, 08:29 AM
True, but Beasley played against weaker opponents I thought with weaker competition?

Incorrect. It was simply a weak era.

:lol

Toizumi
05-20-2009, 08:33 AM
Baron Davis is a top 5 player when he's trying, that is to say, when Dunleavy is not his coach. I wouldn't want to play that team. If I was Blake, I also would not want to be a clipper man.

:rolleyes:

depletedW
05-20-2009, 11:22 AM

:oldlol:
come on bro

Foster5k
05-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Baron Davis is a top 5 player when he's trying

What you talking about Willis?

Hawker
05-20-2009, 11:51 AM

They played in the same conference but Kansas State was able to play weak north teams twice (minus Kansas. They werent weak lol) and OU had to play strong south teams twice.

wang4three
05-20-2009, 11:55 AM

Beasley didn't win college player of the year, he wasn't part of a top 5 team, and did not go as far as the Elite 8. So no he wasn't not as good nor as dominant as Blake was.

Best college seasons ever? Yeah right.

Interminator
05-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Beasley didn't win college player of the year, he wasn't part of a top 5 team, and did not go as far as the Elite 8. So no he wasn't not as good nor as dominant as Blake was.

+1.

Glenn Robinson had the best 2 individual college seasons of the last 20 years.

Hey wang, Plowking is extremely high on Beasley and its really hard to have an argument with him regarding Beasley as a player.

phoenix18
05-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Beasley is a better player than griffin and has more moves in the aresenal. Has a good midrange jumpshot that he hits consistently, griffin is just explosive and raw. No alot of options offensive, can dunk but thats about it. If I were the clips I would try to trade the number one pick to a team for a lot of picks so that they can have a bench next year as well.

plowking
05-20-2009, 12:11 PM

So now team success has to do with how dominant a single player is? I guess Shaq wasn't the most dominant because certain players went further then him during some years...

And yes, Beasley's season is considered to be one of the best freshman seasons of all time. 26 and 13 I believe.

Interminator, I'm high on Beasley, but I hardly see how I am being unreasonable in any of the discussions about him. People say he won't average more then 18ppg in his career. I mean the guy averaged 14 and 5.5 this season in just 25 minutes per game and people are calling him a bad pick. Can anyone honestly justify saying that. That rookie season tells me he's going to be a special player if he can produce like that in such a small amount of playing time.

Thus I don't see what Griffin does better and how he'll be a better NBA player. He might have a slightly better rookie season, though most likely in more minutes. I just can't see him being better then Beasley over his career.

Burgz
05-20-2009, 12:15 PM
the front line of griffin and thornton with possibly camby as well (if they dont trade him) is too good to be true
if there ever was a situation the clippers wanted to PROVE they could mess up, its this one lol
but in all honesty good luck to them

wang4three
05-20-2009, 12:29 PM
So now team success has to do with how dominant a single player is?

Ofcourse it does. Blake dominated college more than Beasley did and it's clear to that. Other than average 26/13, what did Beasley do that proves he was on the same level as Blake? Win more? No. Collect the most prestigious awards? No. Tie/break major NCAA records? No. Nothing has pointed to any sort of conclusion that Beasley did as much as Blake has.

I guess Shaq wasn't the most dominant because certain players went further then him during some years...

Dominance doesn't require excelling one field, it takes into consideration multiple fields and aspects to prove that you are dominant. All of them as a collective whole are used to prove a point. If you're going to take each individual one and debate it you're missing the bigger picture.

And yes, Beasley's season is considered to be one of the best freshman seasons of all time. 26 and 13 I believe.

You didn't say freshman seasons. You said college seasons and you're clearly wrong. If you want to correct yourself I'll be fine with it, but you clearly said "college seasons."

plowking
05-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Ofcourse it does. Blake dominated college more than Beasley did and it's clear to that. Other than average 26/13, what did Beasley do that proves he was on the same level as Blake? Win more? No. Collect the most prestigious awards? No. Tie/break major NCAA records? No. Nothing has pointed to any sort of conclusion that Beasley did as much as Blake has.

Dominance doesn't require excelling one field, it takes into consideration multiple fields and aspects to prove that you are dominant. All of them as a collective whole are used to prove a point. If you're going to take each individual one and debate it you're missing the bigger picture.

You didn't say freshman seasons. You said college seasons and you're clearly wrong. If you want to correct yourself I'll be fine with it, but you clearly said "college seasons."

I did indeed mean to say freshman.

Throughout the year and after the season you simply didn't hear as much fuss over Griffin's season as you did Beasley's.

Lebron was considered by some to be the most dominant player last season despite Kobe going further then he did in the playoffs. Wilt was considered to be the most dominant player of his time despite a player winning 11 titles to his 2. Dominance is individual.

Darius
05-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Eh? Beasley looks like Jamison. Can put up numbers but looks like a guy that won't make teammates better and can't put in work on the other end.

Griffin just looks like a raw beast a legit PF. He has the chance to be a two-way, franchise guy - unlike Beasley.

Will he be better? Can't say now but would GMs roll the dice on what Blake could be vs. what Beasley is likely to be? Probably.

wang4three
05-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Throughout the year and after the season you simply didn't hear as much fuss over Griffin's season as you did Beasley's.

I don't know where you live but I heard nothing but Griffin throughout this year and I'm one of the foremost college basketball fans on this board. Way more than Beasley got last year. Beasley came out to a hot start last year with his numbers but then started to cool off after the conference season and his team posted a modest record. His numbers started to dip and questions were asked about his toughness whereas Blake kept his engine going. He did nothing but post big numbers and big wins.

Lebron was considered by some to be the most dominant player last season despite Kobe going further then he did in the playoffs. Wilt was considered to be the most dominant player of his time despite a player winning 11 titles to his 2. Dominance is individual.

Do you truly believe that Beasley dominated college last year? You're throwing out the best names in all of basketball in trying to prove a point for Michael Beasley. He averaged 26/13. Excellent numbers, but they're not record setting nor did they take Kansas State far. So what does it exactly mean for Beasley? Blake Griffin excelled in numbers and winning games. He won the every high honor there is in college basketball. He was part of a team that was as high as #2 overall and was a 2 seed in the tournament. Beasley's Kansas State was an 11 seed. LeBron was the NBA's leading scorer, had the EC's 4th best record, and took the the Celtics to 7 games--more than Kobe did. Wilt set major statistical records that stand today... and you want to say that Beasley did something similar and deserves credit for it? I don't get it. What did he do? Average 26/13 on a virtual bubble team? What's the difference between that and Stephen Curry averaging 29/5/6 on another bubble team this year?

These guys you're saying, they lost to eventual champions. Blake lost to UNC, the eventual champion. LeBron lost to the Celtics, the eventual champion. Wilt lost to the Celtics the eventual champions. Beasley? He lost to Wisconsin and they didn't have a single NBA player on that team. Brian Butch was their best front court player. Wisconsin eventually lost to a 10th seeded team. Come on now, and you're comparing Beasley to these guys' dominance? Give me a break now.

Interminator
05-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Beasley is a better player than griffin and has more moves in the aresenal. Has a good midrange jumpshot that he hits consistently, griffin is just explosive and raw. No alot of options offensive, can dunk but thats about it. If I were the clips I would try to trade the number one pick to a team for a lot of picks so that they can have a bench next year as well.
Griffin shows range up to 15 feet out, hes not consistently hitting them but he shows the ability to do so.

stephanieg
05-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Griffin would turn into the best player in the league within 4 years if drafted by any other team. Olowokandi would've been way better than KG or Duncan but....Clippers are cursed. You could replace them with the Olympic team and they'd go .500.

GiveItToBurrito
05-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Griffin would turn into the best player in the league within 4 years if drafted by any other team. Olowokandi would've been way better than KG or Duncan but....Clippers are cursed. You could replace them with the Olympic team and they'd go .500.

Pretty much. I mean, even before Griffin, this is a team that looks pretty good on paper

Baron
Eric Gordon
Thorton
Zach Randolph
Kaman/Camby

with Deandre Jordan and Steve Novak coming off the bench. That's a team that should be good for at least 45 wins, but because of the Clipper Curse or whatever, they win 19 games. I don't get it. Their young guys are good, but they seem to have a knack for acquiring flawed players who can excel in the right system, but then not playing the kind of system they'd excel in.

craiye
05-20-2009, 03:38 PM
Does anyone really think Griffin can succeed with Dunleavy coaching? Honest question, I'm not entirely convinced he can.

Will they get a new coach? It seems like Sterling has been more concerned about $$ than putting the team in a position to win, and I'm not sure that will change after he shelled out money for last year's team. Plus the economy can't be helping.

So really, I'm concerned that Dunleavy is going to be coaching Griffin until his contract runs out and will keep with his philosophy of just exploiting mis-matches and slow tempo. I'm not sure either will really help Griffin at this young age. He needs to run.

I could be wrong though, just wondering what everyone else thinks...

Al Thornton
05-20-2009, 05:17 PM

You might be right the Clippers are cursed but even you aren't that dumb. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: better than Duncan.

BRINKER
05-20-2009, 06:31 PM
The Clippers aren't going to get a new coach this year because of how much contract Dunleavy has left, so either one of two things can happen:

Either the Clippers have a good season this year and contend/qualify for a playoff spot, and Dunleavy keeps his job (which would be acceptable if they actually have success)....

Or, the Clippers have another disastrous season, and Sterling has absolutely no choice but to can Dunleavy and hire new blood.

So really this is the season where something has to give. Either we have success or we get a new coach. Frankly we are at a point where that itself is a win-win scenario.

UCLA - Lakers
05-20-2009, 06:34 PM
David Stern: We have a trade. The Los Angeles Clippers trade the number one overall pick to the San Antonio Spurs for Matt Bonner.

Seriously, I'm waiting for the Clippers to **** this up.:lol

Rose-2-Wolfe
05-20-2009, 07:18 PM
I have not read all the posts in this thread but count me in for the "this sucks" category. The playoffs have been mostly boring since the Celtics/Bulls series and although this is a weak draft, I was looking forward to the lottery and seeing what team would get Griffin.

I am sorry but I don't like the Clippers at all. I don't understand why anyone else would like them either. They are one of the most painful teams to watch despite all that damn talent doing nothing each season.

The owner of the team does not care about winning, so why should I care about his team? The Clippers are so fortunate to be in L.A. and piggy-backing the Lakers; they are able to survive like cockroaches after a nuclear war.

There are so many other more deserving teams that could have used the shot in the arm that Griffin would have provided...it's just sad. Some of those teams are nearly dying because of the financial aspects of running a team that is not located in a major-market. Griffin could have done so much for the Kings, Pacers, Grizzlies, Thunder, etc.

I was really looking forward to watching this kid play next season, but now? Who cares. And what the hell are they going to do with Thug Randolph now? Will Blake come off the bench? :lol F#%k the clippers.

baseketball4life
05-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Blake Griffin is ****ed, unless they make a trade.

Zach Bo, Kaman, Camby downlow all need 30 minutes each, that leaves nothing for Griffin, one of those is a must trade.

BD
EG
Thornton
Griffin
Camby

Kaman off bench

trade Zbo for whatever

Lebowsky
05-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Not calling myself an expert, but after spending some time in Spain and a little bit of online research you will see that Spain in not Italy or France. Spainish cuisine is not internationally famous. It is kind of like England where you will find two or three signature dishes that represent their culture, but overall the food doesn't stand out that much. That being said, very few places are famous for their food like France or Italy or Chinese cuisine. That being said, Spain is an amazing place that I can't wait to go back to visit again.

Lol, you have no ****ing idea what you're talking about.

Al Thornton
05-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Lol, you have no ****ing idea what you're talking about.

He actually is right.

Fail

sodap
05-20-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm spanish and he's VERY wrong

G-train
05-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Eh? Beasley looks like Jamison. Can put up numbers but looks like a guy that won't make teammates better and can't put in work on the other end.

I can see minor similarities, but overall a poor comparison. Beasley is far more athletic and a more natural scorer. I see much more potential defensively with Beasley, and you can't even mention them in the same sentence at the same age.

People need to realise that Beasley would have averaged 20 and 8 given 35 minutes a night. He is a special offensive talent.

the Heat organisation are developing him into a winning ball player, a luxury Jamison didnt get at GSW.

Al Thornton
05-20-2009, 09:09 PM
I can see minor similarities, but overall a poor comparison. Beasley is far more athletic and a more natural scorer. I see much more potential defensively with Beasley, and you can't even mention them in the same sentence at the same age.

People need to realise that Beasley would have averaged 20 and 8 given 35 minutes a night. He is a special offensive talent.

the Heat organisation are developing him into a winning ball player, a luxury Jamison didnt get at GSW.

He reminds me of an athletic Z Bo.

FULL CLIP
05-20-2009, 09:23 PM
He reminds me of an athletic Z Bo.

Good comparison, but he doesn't rebound aswell as Z.

JazzDoc
05-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Couldn't he pull a 'Kobe' and refuse to play for the Clippers?

Interminator
05-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Couldn't he pull a 'Kobe' and refuse to play for the Clippers?
He was raised better than that.

Nets fan 93
05-20-2009, 10:14 PM
What wrong with the Clippers?
Who would be upset with LA?

rawimpact
05-21-2009, 02:41 AM
The thing is if they ditch Dunleavy, and career losers like Ricky Davis and Z-Bo, they have a fantastic young core to build around.
PG- A Motivated Baron
SG: A underrated young star in Eric Gordon
SF: A fundamental shakey but talented Thorton
PF: A potentially Beastly Blake
C: Very solid Chris Kaman

They would be one of my favorite teams to watch...if the didn't have the aformentioned poison that destroys the potential of everyone around them.

we said this last season

BRINKER
05-21-2009, 02:47 AM
we said this last season

its a work in progress but the Clippers do have assets. with a little more maneuvering, they could defintely be on the verge of becoming a force in the West.

Baron Davis
Eric Gordon
Zach Randolph
Chris Kaman
Al Thornton
Marcus Camby
Blake Griffin
DeAndre Jordan
Mike Taylor

i dont know if any team in the league has that many players that are or could be starters. they just have to figure out how it all fits. and they need a better coach.

dashoebox
05-21-2009, 04:17 PM
i'm gonna say what everyone else has been saying before me, but i have to say it to get it off my chest. Clippers will become a powerhouse in the West if ONLY they get rid of dunlevy. that guy is killing the team and doesn't know how to run a good team. he doesn't play to his players strengths. baron needs to be able to run free on the court, but dunlevy holds him back. so get rid of dunlevy and the clips become a playoff contender.

veilside23
05-23-2009, 10:49 PM
LoL first of id lick to give a +1 to wang.. he owned plowking there :D .....

its a good day to be a clipps fan.. kinda thinkin that they somehow got the 1st pick because elton brand f#ck them hahahahaha..... anyway clipps should be thankful to stern :D

but its a pretty tough decision right now.. knowing dunleavy... and the clippers org..

its just a matter of making the right moves.. clippers can actually make it to the playoffs this year..

ooopppss it has been said last year that they can but they suck oh well...

dunleavy :D

GiveItToBurrito
05-24-2009, 01:03 AM

I don't actually disagree with you about Beasley, but I just wanted to point out that Jamison was actually pretty athletic back in the day, and would have actually been in the dunk contest the year Carter, McGrady, and Francis were in it if it weren't for an injury. Even now, he's not super athletic, but he can still get up there pretty well when he does dunk, and he's a very quick leaper.

As far as Beasley's defense, I just don't see the physical tools there for him to really be much more than adequate. Even if he had one of those hyper-intense playing styles that most great defenders have, he's always going to be shorter and less muscular than most other power forwards. I mean, can you imagine him having to check Gasol and Odom if the Heat played the Lakers in the Finals? By the way, that's actually what I liked so much about having Marion on the team next to him; Marion could guard whichever forward was going to be the best scorer, leaving Beasley to kind of coast by guarding a less aggressive scorer.

beau_boy04
05-27-2009, 02:18 AM
terrible scenario for Blake. Hopefully he will be asked to be traded to the Bulls. Bulls will be glad to have him.

TT, Deng, kirk and 2 future first rounders for Blake Griffin.

jailer
05-27-2009, 02:21 AM
terrible scenario for Blake. Hopefully he will be asked to be traded to the Bulls. Bulls will be glad to have him.

TT, Deng, kirk and 2 future first rounders for Blake Griffin.

Wow all of that for blake? He isnt wilt chamberlin or michael jordan ya know.

wang4three
05-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Wow all of that for blake? He isnt wilt chamberlin or michael jordan ya know.

Maybe TT is Tim Thomas.

illastrate
06-05-2009, 04:29 AM
How many of you even watch the Clippers and not just base everything on reputation or what the media spews? Dumbleavy is definitely a problem, but he's on thin ice to produce results this year or else get axed. Kaman and/or Z-Bo will get traded to make room for Blake. There's also the MLE to sign a good player for depth. You look at the Clips starting lineup:

PG - Baron
SG - Gordon
SF - Thornton
PF - Griffin
C - Camby

With young talents such as Mike Taylor and DeAndre Jordan on the bench, this team has the talent to go places. With the proper coaching, they'll be there. Had the Kings or Grizzlies won the lottery, some think that'd be a "better" situation for him? Really? I don't see how either of those rosters are better than this current Clipper roster, but of course you can relive the King's Bibby/Webber/Vlade or Grizz' Gasol/Miller/JWill years to make yourself feel better. What about the Wizards? You wanna talk about logjam? Griffin wouldn't even touch the ball with their top 3 scorers avg. 70pts per game.

This is a blatant case of the Clippers' reputation preceding itself. Anybody who has followed the team this decade could see the culture of the franchise has changed for the better.

:cheers: