View Full Version : Draft Talk!

A_RastaMon
05-20-2009, 01:29 PM
According to ISH We got 3 picks:
http://www.insidehoops.com/draft-order.shtml

15th

35th

44th

Who is/should Joe D. be targeting. It think its pretty obvious that we should be looking at F & C.

A. Blackmon
05-21-2009, 01:01 PM
All of the F/C except Thabeet and Mullens are undersized.

boozehound
05-21-2009, 03:02 PM
I see chad ford has Austin Daye as our 15th pick. I think its cause hes kinda built like Tay. Some other site has tyler hansborough and another had.... cant recall right now. It sounds like mullens will be there at 15 if we want him. Im not sold on him. Honestly, I dont know what they should do. I dont think anyone they draft with contribute next year anyways. Id rather see us steal one of the Jazz bigs and bring in someone like Gortat with some of the remainder.

Kombo
05-21-2009, 03:47 PM
I think our picks are actually: 15, 36, 39 and 44.

A lot of good prospects are left at 15. However, they are all points, combos, or Maxiell like 4s.

I honestly don't know much about Daye, he'd have to strictly be a 3 in the NBA though.

I'm a big fan of Eric Maynor, however we have a pretty crowded backcourt. I'm also a big proponent of trading Hamilton, but that won't happen.

BJ Mullens is a big name and someone who could be available. With Sheed gone, we'll definately need some size. He can finish, but at this point he needs to be on a team with someone that can create for him. We don't have that player or system.

Chase Budinger is a guy we could take a good look at. He's a 2 but could play backup behind Prince too. He's got a good 3pt shot, which no one on our team has. He's athletic and isn't selfish, but doesn't have good defense or handles. His defense would probably improve in the NBA as he'd be an 18 minute a night kind of guy, not the focus of the offense. He wouldn't have to worry about getting into foul trouble.

With the second round picks, some guys I think we may consider:

Jodie Meeks
Dionte Chrismas
AJ Price
Jonas Jerebko

dd24
05-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Some people have us picking DeJuan Blair but I really don't want another Maxiell like player. No offense to Maxiell but you can only have so many 6'7" PF's on a team. I'd rather have Hansborough than Blair.

This draft isn't a very good one. I'd almost prefer that we try to package together some of these picks in a trade. If we can't do that we may as well take on a project with "upside" because there isn't anything at #15 that is going to be an instant contributor. BJ Mullens is supposed to be around at that spot. I say we take a gamble on him. Maybe a couple years from now he can be a 10 and 10 type guy. Austin Daye is a guy that could be a solid contributor at the 4 position. The best available players will probably be PG's like Jeff Teague and Jrue Holiday. We have Stuckey and Bynum so I don't think Detroit will go that route, plus we could still get someone like AJ Price in the 2nd round.

So I say trade it, Mullens, Daye, and it doesn't matter after that in that order.

dd24
05-23-2009, 02:07 PM
This was in the rumors today....

Former Grosse Pointe North standout Michael Bramos was among 20 prospects who visited the Pistons this week for predraft workouts and interviews. Bramos, a 6-foot-5, 220-pound shooting guard who scored more than 1,500 points in four years at Miami (Ohio), is likely a candidate for one of the Pistons' three second-round picks or a summer-league invitee as a free agent. Detroit Free Press

Among other Pistons invitees were Arizona small forward Chase Budinger and Kentucky shooting guard Jodie Meeks. Either player could be selected by the Pistons with their first-round pick at No. 15, but that's considered a longshot. Both also could return to school since they are juniors. Detroit Free Press

Other invitees included UAB shooting guard Robert Vaden, Marquette small forward Wes Matthews, North Carolina small forward Danny Green, Miami (Fla.) point guard Jack McClinton, Gonzaga point guard Jeremy Pargo, Temple shooting guard Dionte Christmas and Nando De Colo, a point guard from France. Detroit Free Press

Kombo
05-24-2009, 01:08 PM
That rumor shows us hosting a ton of the highly productive 4-year players that could be available in the 2nd.

Really the only player I consider a first rounder is Budinger (not Meeks like the article states). It's strange they call Budinger a small forward. Yes he'd play some behind Prince, but the guy is large for the 2, small for the 3. He's amazingly athletic but really not a quick defender. He'd maybe be able to guard the 2 in this league with his size, but I think he'd get bullied at the 3.

I like a lot of the guys they brought in, but I'm curious what we are going to do with all these picks. Maybe we'll really start utilizing the D league, build a baseball like organization. Four rookies is a lot. If we do plan on keeping them, we'll probably only end up with 3 selected as we will send 2 picks to someone to move up a few slots, just to guarantee we get a prospect we like.

Edit: I guess I'm wrong. In reading real quick it looks like Budinger has been trying out as a 3. Last year he did more so at the 2. Either way, as much as he brings offensely, his defense is ugly. He may be able to change that in a different atmosphere, a little effort can go a long way.

boozehound
05-24-2009, 02:45 PM
yeah, that workout looks like their 2nd round potentials. I was wondering what we were gonna do with 4 picks (plus plaisted and washington, though I really doubt either comes over). That 36 and 39 could get us a pair of nice prospects or be traded up for someone. Its always interesting to watch, but I dont think the draft does much for us next year. From my limited college watching and the draft **** ive read, I kinda like Daye. If he really is capable of being an LO type 3/4, that would fill a major need for us IMO.

dd24
06-05-2009, 04:14 PM
The more I think about it, the more I think Tyler Hansborough could be a good fit. I don't think he'll ever be an all-star but he could be a solid, productive player. After seeing the results of the combine he has a very impressive wingspan and is 6'9" in his bball shoes. We definintely need help on the front line. I think Joe D should seriously consider picking him... if he's available. His draft stock has went way up.

dd24
06-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Here's the latest:

The Pistons have supposedly narrowed their list of players they are considering to four and will pick from those at 15. Jrue Holiday has impressed Detroit and could be among the four players they have in their list.

I'd like to know who the other 3 players are... Anyway I like big PG's as they can really create matchup problems. The funny thing is draft express said the best case scenario is this guy is like Rodney Stuckey... check it out: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jrue-Holiday-1108/

Maybe if they draft him they are thinking about trading Hamilton and moving Stuckey to the 2 or maybe even trading Stuckey. We could have an all UCLA backcourt with Holiday and Afflalo.

A_RastaMon
06-10-2009, 01:46 AM
Here's the latest:

I'd like to know who the other 3 players are... Anyway I like big PG's as they can really create matchup problems. The funny thing is draft express said the best case scenario is this guy is like Rodney Stuckey... check it out: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jrue-Holiday-1108/

Maybe if they draft him they are thinking about trading Hamilton and moving Stuckey to the 2 or maybe even trading Stuckey. We could have an all UCLA backcourt with Holiday and Afflalo.

No More Guards Mon!

(Unless We somehow trade them for an elite big)

detsportsfan3
06-15-2009, 10:47 PM
We need a legit center, I look at the roster and all I see is 6-__" under height. Haven't had a 7 footer in years it seems (honestly, who was the last one, darko?) I say trade the 3 2nd rounders away, not much talent in the 2nd and we don't really need to have 4 picks this year with pretty decent depth last year, considering amir and bynum were struggling for playing time. nbadraft.net has the pistons taking Center BJ Mullens with the 15th pick, he is listed at 7 foot with good size and a good arm span. I hate Ohio State but I definitely wouldn't mind taking him, and possibly trading up for him if he doesn't fall to 15. Definitely don't need a guard or PF. I think SF or C is the only way to go in the first and if Joe D doesn't draft one of these positions then I have really had enough of him.

dd24
06-15-2009, 10:51 PM
I wouldn't mind picking Mullens. We would have to keep in mind that he would be a project type of guy. He isn't the type that can come in and start for most teams in the league. He's got a lot of learning to do.

detsportsfan3
06-15-2009, 11:03 PM
I wouldn't mind picking Mullens. We would have to keep in mind that he would be a project type of guy. He isn't the type that can come in and start for most teams in the league. He's got a lot of learning to do.

Agreed, it sounds like he needs some work to be NBA ready but I like his size and that is something you can't work on. Although who is the last young piston to just come out and play? I guess you could argue Stuckey but it seems like we still rushed him. Maxiell and Amir got hardly anytime their 1st years. I really like having Maxiell and Amir but I feel like we need to get rid of one within the next year or two. I think Amir was insanely underrated last year when he was starting, he could explode at some moments, but what I don't get is why he didn't more often. Did he not want the ball or did curry not want to give it to him? You would see him play the 1st quarter and get like 5 rebounds and get some really easy dunks/shots. But some games he really did nothing or didn't get enough time to do anything. But it would be hard giving Amir, Maxiell, and Mullens all time off the bench next year, it would limit all of them.

dd24
06-15-2009, 11:13 PM
Right now playing time for the Forwards should be easy to split up. Sheed is definitely out from what it sounds like so Amir should definitely be starting. Kwame isn't a starter. He can be decent off the bench but we will have a very long season if he is getting significant minutes. We need to sign a big name F. So really the rotation would be the potential signing, Amir, Maxiell, Kwame, and potential rookie. Maxiell and Kwame shouldn't get more than 10 minutes a game. Maxiell was very disappointing last year.

detsportsfan3
06-15-2009, 11:48 PM
Right now playing time for the Forwards should be easy to split up. Sheed is definitely out from what it sounds like so Amir should definitely be starting. Kwame isn't a starter. He can be decent off the bench but we will have a very long season if he is getting significant minutes. We need to sign a big name F. So really the rotation would be the potential signing, Amir, Maxiell, Kwame, and potential rookie. Maxiell and Kwame shouldn't get more than 10 minutes a game. Maxiell was very disappointing last year.

Anyone know how much cap room the pistons have now? I thought it was like 20m or something. Boozer is probably the big target this offseason but they will still have money left over to get a decent bench player if they sign boozer. Has anyone heard of any talk?

Edit: apparently it is only 17m? Ouch

boozehound
06-16-2009, 10:58 AM
We need a legit center, I look at the roster and all I see is 6-__" under height. Haven't had a 7 footer in years it seems (honestly, who was the last one, darko?) I say trade the 3 2nd rounders away, not much talent in the 2nd and we don't really need to have 4 picks this year with pretty decent depth last year, considering amir and bynum were struggling for playing time. nbadraft.net has the pistons taking Center BJ Mullens with the 15th pick, he is listed at 7 foot with good size and a good arm span. I hate Ohio State but I definitely wouldn't mind taking him, and possibly trading up for him if he doesn't fall to 15. Definitely don't need a guard or PF. I think SF or C is the only way to go in the first and if Joe D doesn't draft one of these positions then I have really had enough of him.
isnt kwame a legit 7'? He was decent off the bench for us last year.

detsportsfan3
06-16-2009, 12:41 PM
isnt kwame a legit 7'? He was decent off the bench for us last year.

6'11". Kwame has essentially run out of potential though, and I wouldn't re-sign him if he wanted 4m a year again. I'd rather start fresh by drafting a center with potential.

dd24
06-16-2009, 07:12 PM
Kwame has the size, he just doesn't have the skill. He is absolutely a bust at this point. A couple decent games in the regular season is not enough for me. I completely agree with detsportsfan3 in the fact that I would rather start out fresh. Gortat is a FA and I don't think Orlando will have the cash to keep him. He would be somebody I wouldn't mind having on our team. He could be a starter in the league.

boozehound
06-17-2009, 12:22 AM
Kwame has the size, he just doesn't have the skill. He is absolutely a bust at this point. A couple decent games in the regular season is not enough for me. I completely agree with detsportsfan3 in the fact that I would rather start out fresh. Gortat is a FA and I don't think Orlando will have the cash to keep him. He would be somebody I wouldn't mind having on our team. He could be a starter in the league.
I do like the idea of gortat. I also like the idea of going after odom with our cash if rip/prince get traded for a 4.

dd24
06-17-2009, 02:26 AM
I'd much rather go after Josh Smith than Odom. I like Odom but he is so inconsistent. Smith is younger and has the potential to put up better numbers. The Hawks are rumored to have him on the block. I'm not sure what it would take to get him here though. I don't really want to give up Rip. People take it too lightly not having all-stars in the back court. You need at least one. Think back to all the NBA finals. How many teams didn't have an all-star in the back court? If we get rid of Tay we then need another SF. I think since we are under the cap we could make a trade where the money doesn't exactly match up though. Atlanta is looking to clear cap space to resign some of their FA's.

detsportsfan3
06-17-2009, 06:11 AM
I'd much rather go after Josh Smith than Odom. I like Odom but he is so inconsistent. Smith is younger and has the potential to put up better numbers. The Hawks are rumored to have him on the block. I'm not sure what it would take to get him here though. I don't really want to give up Rip. People take it too lightly not having all-stars in the back court. You need at least one. Think back to all the NBA finals. How many teams didn't have an all-star in the back court? If we get rid of Tay we then need another SF. I think since we are under the cap we could make a trade where the money doesn't exactly match up though. Atlanta is looking to clear cap space to resign some of their FA's.

I think Pistons fans underestimate how much rip means to the team like they did with chauncey. He is a consistent 18-20 ppg guy with a couple years left and a decent contract that WE KNOW produces in the system and wants to be here and do what is best for the team. The Iverson move was the first big change in team chemistry since 2004 and that completely blew uo. Now tay is my boy but he didn't impress me at all last season and I always thought he had decent trade value. But he is probably the least replacable guy on the team (sorry Herrmann) and that would limit to trading him for probably a different SF.

dealer77
06-17-2009, 02:45 PM
I think these are all reasonable possibilities, given most prospects other than lottery selections fluctuate anywhere between 15-20 different spots on different draft boards.

15th
Earl Clark
Austin Daye
Eric Maynor
Dajuan Summers (stretching it)

35th
Patty Mills
Jeff Pendergraph
Taj Gibson

39th
Pendergraph
Leo Lyons
Demarre Carroll
Robert Dozier

44th
Lyons
Carroll
Dozier
Chris Johnson
AJ Price

My ideal draft would then be:
Clark
Mills/Gibson
Pendergraph
Johnson/Lyons/Carroll/Dozier

The theme is getting bigger bodies and a fast, dribble-penetrating PG who can really run the offense.

detsportsfan3
06-17-2009, 03:44 PM
We don't need aother PG, no way we can fit Stuckey, Bynum, and someone else in the rotation. At the beginning of last season, maybe, when Bynum wasn't playing. But he showed us what he can do and now he needs to get some good minutes in. And of course stuckey will get a lot of time (If it were up to me I would start Bynum and bench/trade stuck) And we definitely don't need a PF in any unless they would be willing to play SF, or if they were BPA and couldn't be passed up (Move Hansbrough to SF if he drops to 15?) You got Max/Amir(/Dice?) already off the bench. Max and Amir have years left on their contract and are going to be taking up bench spots the next couple of years. Kwame and Herrmann could both not return this year. We've seen enough of them to know what their roles are: Bench Players. Neither are that great and will be the future of this franchise. Stuckey, Afflalo, Maxiell, and Amir are all young and look like they could start one day in the future. Not to mention that Maxiell has 3 years left on his contract. Pistons NEED to draft Center or SF in the 1st. I really don't have that much faith in sharpe, I wish he played in the NBDL more so we could see what he is made of. Oh yeah, and as someone suggested earlier signing Gortat would be awesome.

dd24
06-17-2009, 06:17 PM
I disagree about not going after a PF, because right now we don't have a starter at that position. I think a guy like Hansborough can start for a team right away. I also think someone like Austin Daye could be very good although he isn't a starter right away. If we go after Mullens it will be years before we potentially see him shine. I think if they make a trade Amir will have to be involved too (because they would need his salary involved). So he won't be someone who would come off the bench for us, if any of those rumors out there are true. I actually wouldn't mind trading him now because he still has some value.

I do agree about not going after a PG. We have enough.

dealer77
06-17-2009, 06:36 PM
I still think that Stuckey is more suited for the 2, even though he won't be played at that spot as long as we have Rip on our team. Since Stuckey's been labeled as the future of the team and Rip is more or less on his way out, it seems logical that the team should look to move rip and get something for him, move Stuckey to his more natural SG position, and then there would be a need for a PG. But I didn't say that before :-P

I also agree that the Pistons need to try and get some legitimate post players, something which probably won't happen through the draft. Boozer or David Lee would be a good addition, no doubt, but even a lesser frontcourt player like Channing Frye, Leon Powe, or Marcin Gortat would help.

With this being said, would it be worth it to draft Taj Gibson at 15? That's probably a little early, but we definitely need help in the post:confusedshrug:

detsportsfan3
06-17-2009, 06:41 PM
No chance at 15, maybe one of the 2nd round picks. Forgot to ask, is there another rodney stuckey in this years draft? Like a player who averages a lot of ppg but plays for a smaller college?

dd24
06-17-2009, 06:46 PM
I actually really like the idea of going after David Lee. He's a hard working kind of person who would fit in Detroit well. I think he's pretty underrated too. I think we could probably get Gortat and either Lee or Boozer. Especially if we let Kwame go.

I really don't think Rip is on his way out. Why would anybody think that? Just because Joe D might make some trades? Where is he going to get a better 2 gaurd at? I just don't see them getting rid of Rip. Especially after how bad the whole AI experiment went.

detsportsfan3
06-17-2009, 06:53 PM
I disagree about not going after a PF, because right now we don't have a starter at that position. I think a guy like Hansborough can start for a team right away. I also think someone like Austin Daye could be very good although he isn't a starter right away. If we go after Mullens it will be years before we potentially see him shine. I think if they make a trade Amir will have to be involved too (because they would need his salary involved). So he won't be someone who would come off the bench for us, if any of those rumors out there are true. I actually wouldn't mind trading him now because he still has some value.

I do agree about not going after a PG. We have enough.

Once we trade Amir/Maxiell I'll consider drafting a PF. I think Maxiell and Amir could be starters and I'm just not fine with drafting in one of our strongest positions. Although you are correct, if dice leaves we have no starting PF. A lot of moves can decide on free agency though (Boozer or Gordon?) So I'm guessing Joe D has the best idea of what he will need to fill come draft time. If hansbrough falls to 15 though I wouldn't mind drafting him and working things out. To say a 15th pick would be able to start right away for any team is a stretch. If hansbrough could start right away he would go top 10 or higher. Yeah, I'm not sure about Mullens, it doesn't seem like a good draft year for centers, maybe next year. Still I think we need a freaking 7 footer. But Hansbrough is probably the only PF I would be willing to take at 15. Bottom line is I think there are a lot of ifs that only Joe D knows and that will affect the draft. If he plans on trading Amir/Max and signing Gordon he will probably draft PF, if he plans on signing Boozer he probably won't, etc.

detsportsfan3
06-17-2009, 06:54 PM
I actually really like the idea of going after David Lee. He's a hard working kind of person who would fit in Detroit well. I think he's pretty underrated too. I think we could probably get Gortat and either Lee or Boozer. Especially if we let Kwame go.

I really don't think Rip is on his way out. Why would anybody think that? Just because Joe D might make some trades? Where is he going to get a better 2 gaurd at? I just don't see them getting rid of Rip. Especially after how bad the whole AI experiment went.

Lee in Detroit would be awesome. It will never happen though. Underrated? I don't think so. Isn't he the guy who had like an insane amount of double doubles?

And and we wouldn't be letting Kwame go, it is his choice whether he wants to play this year for Detroit and take the 4m. Unfortunately, if we could let him go they might be able to afford Gordon+Boozer if they were to trade Amir away.

dealer77
06-17-2009, 06:58 PM
Correction: Rip has reached his ceiling, on his way down, he's reached his potential, and isn't getting any better. Not that he's on his way out. My mistake.

Kwame needs to go. And wish Joe D had thought of this C predicament a couple years ago, when he could have drafted DeAndre Jordan or held onto Cheikh Samb... done something to avert this desperation that we now have for a legit frontcourt player.

And why in the world did we draft Trent Plaisted? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

dd24
06-17-2009, 07:11 PM
I couldn't agree more about the Plaisted thing.

I thought it was the Pistons decision on whether Kwame came back or not. That was the beauty of the contract right? If he sucked we could just let him go. You guys know that I've been saying we need a big man for years now. Remember last year when I thought we needed to trade Sheed to move up to get Lopez? Everybody thought I was crazy. Now NJ has a nice C in the middle. This year doesn't really have a guy like that. Maybe Thabeet but we don't have anybody to give up to move that high and it's even more of a gamble. It's proven a team doesn't need a great C to win it all. As long as you have a great PF. If we are able to get ourselves a legit PF and put a solid C that can defend next to him we have a chance because we have the gaurd play right now. I think we all agree at this point though. Give us a big man who can play already Joe D!

detsportsfan3
06-17-2009, 07:21 PM
nope it was a 2 year $8 million contract with a player option for the 2nd year. Man, so many holes to fill it seems! Remember the good old days with Ben, Sheed, Tay, Rip, and Chauncey? No holes in that starting lineup

detsportsfan3
06-17-2009, 07:25 PM
actually we drafted D.J. White and traded him for Sharpe and Plaisted, which seems even dumber. White averaged 8.9 ppg, 4.6 rpg, and .71 bpg in only 18.6 mpg. However, he only played 7 games, but he seems decent.

dd24
06-17-2009, 07:57 PM
But White was another 6'7" PF wasn't he? I agree he has more talent but the last thing we need is another PF in a SG's body. Anyway around the majority of 2nd round picks don't make it in the league anyway. We shouldn't even worry about those. If we find a diamond in the rough so be it.

dd24
06-17-2009, 07:58 PM
nope it was a 2 year $8 million contract with a player option for the 2nd year. Man, so many holes to fill it seems! Remember the good old days with Ben, Sheed, Tay, Rip, and Chauncey? No holes in that starting lineup

Those were the days. At least we aren't far off now.

detsportsfan3
06-17-2009, 09:15 PM
But White was another 6'7" PF wasn't he? I agree he has more talent but the last thing we need is another PF in a SG's body. Anyway around the majority of 2nd round picks don't make it in the league anyway. We shouldn't even worry about those. If we find a diamond in the rough so be it.

True true. 4 PFs off the bench last year? That would be crazy. Right, I really don't care for our 2nd rounders, I say we trade all of them for a late first or something. Kinda weird, in 2004 Joe D drafted terrible and made a good trade, but since he has drafted some good players (given draft position) but made some bad trades.

dealer77
06-18-2009, 01:21 PM
What about Pendergraph in the second round? I think he looks decent as a big, somebody who could definitely be worked into the rotation and contribute a little here and there...

dd24
06-18-2009, 01:30 PM
He could be but typically 2nd rounders don't even make it in the rotation for a number of years. Any 2nd rounder will likely be in the D league. I'd love to find that Ginobli type player in the 2nd round but it's highly unlikely. Isn't the percentage of 2nd rounders that are currently on NBA teams less than 10%?

boozehound
06-18-2009, 01:39 PM

kwame has a player option so he is almost certainly here next year.

boozehound
06-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Correction: Rip has reached his ceiling, on his way down, he's reached his potential, and isn't getting any better. Not that he's on his way out. My mistake.

Kwame needs to go. And wish Joe D had thought of this C predicament a couple years ago, when he could have drafted DeAndre Jordan or held onto Cheikh Samb... done something to avert this desperation that we now have for a legit frontcourt player.

And why in the world did we draft Trent Plaisted? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
so.... last year? Deandre isnt the answer at the 5 (at least not anytime soon). Pretty sure we could re-sign samb if we wanted to. He was waived after the nuggets traded him.

Neither of those guys are close to starting caliber 5s. Id rather they start kwame. he may not have the occasional flashes jordan has, but hes at least consistent and in position most of the time.

dd24
06-18-2009, 01:48 PM
kwame has a player option so he is almost certainly here next year.

If it's a player option he'd be dumb not to. If he didn't he may not have a job in the NBA anymore.

dealer77
06-18-2009, 02:25 PM
it was still a bad move to not have anybody there to groom into a center is my point. by trading away and not drafting before, we're even further behind right now. and drafting bj mullens i don't think is the answer.

dd24
06-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Here's the rumor today:

Two different sources have indicated to NBADraft.net on Friday that the Pistons have a promise in place to take BJ Mullens if he's available to the them at 15. Mullens works well with the rebuilding Pistons as he's a player with significant upside but will take time to become a contributor. With the Pistons in the process of rebuilding their squad, Mullens offers them a potential center for the future. NBAdraft.net

This part is interesting:

While center Byron Mullens of Ohio State put on a good show for Bucks officials Friday, and reiterated his desire to be a teammate of Michael Redd -- who was his neighbor while growing up in Columbus, Ohio -- he isn't likely to get his wish. Considered the second-best center in the draft behind Thabeet, Mullens will more likely be chosen in the middle of the first round. Chicago, which plans to bring him back for a second visit, and Detroit have shown more than a passing interest in him. Journal Times

It's kinda crazy that Mullens was the neighbor of Redd. What are the chances of 2 NBA players being neighbors growing up.

I think if Hansbrough is available they should snag him. Otherwise I'd be happy with the Mullens pick. It's more of a gamble put it could pay off well for us in a couple of years.

detsportsfan3
06-20-2009, 03:12 PM
I think if Hansbrough is available they should snag him. Otherwise I'd be happy with the Mullens pick. It's more of a gamble put it could pay off well for us in a couple of years.

I completely agree. I would be happy to take Mullens but I aint guaranteeing anybody anything. If Hansbrough falls than tough luck Mullens. With 3 2nd rounds I wouldn't mind taking both. Picks 35, 39, 44, and Toronto's 2nd '10would probably be enough for a top 20 pick. The problem is does anyone want a ton of 2nd rounders? Is there a team that lacks depth? Also this draft is weak with Centers so I wouldn't mind trading for a future 1st and trying next year. I just think stock really drops in the 2nd round and we don't need 3 2nd rounders this year and 2 next year with the depth we already have.

dd24
06-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Yeah, I'd like to package all of those picks. If we could put together something with Amir and those picks to get someone good that would be nice. Otherwise hopefully we'll get lucky with at least one of those picks. Joe D said he already thinks that all of the 2nd rounders will be playing over seas next year and none probably have a shot at making the squad. Of course that is what he does with 2nd rounders every year. The guys they drafted last year are supposed to play in the summer league this year again too.

detsportsfan3
06-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Yeah, I'd like to package all of those picks. If we could put together something with Amir and those picks to get someone good that would be nice. Otherwise hopefully we'll get lucky with at least one of those picks. Joe D said he already thinks that all of the 2nd rounders will be playing over seas next year and none probably have a shot at making the squad. Of course that is what he does with 2nd rounders every year. The guys they drafted last year are supposed to play in the summer league this year again too.

I wouldn't mind trading Amir, I don't like his contract that much. We better get something decent in return though.

dealer77
06-22-2009, 01:14 PM
http://blog.mlive.com/fullcourtpress/2009/05/wizards_insider_washington_sho.html

very interesting scenario here. if this were to go through and rip is traded, it opens up a lot of options. with the 5th pick, we could draft harden like it says, or we could even go for jordan hill and bolster our frontcourt. we get nick young as a solid young talent to eventually fill rip's shoes, and more money off the books when mike james's contract expires.

dd24
06-22-2009, 01:31 PM
I think it would take more than that for Joe D to trade Rip or Tay. He said today he isn't interested in trading either of those guys. He would need a superstar in return if he makes a deal. That trade doesn't give us an all-star in return. I don't like just potential. Rip and Tay are proven.

detsportsfan3
06-22-2009, 03:07 PM
I think it would take more than that for Joe D to trade Rip or Tay. He said today he isn't interested in trading either of those guys. He would need a superstar in return if he makes a deal. That trade doesn't give us an all-star in return. I don't like just potential. Rip and Tay are proven.

Hmm, maybe if we could trade Amir+2nd rounders up for the 2nd or 3rd pick I would do it. Draft Thabeet, Sign Boozer AND Gordon. You get an expirir, a top pick, and I like Nick Young. Rip is clearly better than Gordon but with our cap space he is replacable.

Thabeet
Boozer
Prince
Gordon
Stuckey

Young
Brown
Afflalo
James
Maxiell
Bynum
Herrmann/Sharpe???

dd24
06-22-2009, 04:13 PM
That's not bad but here's the thing. You're essentially trading Rip for Thabeet. I don't see that as being a good move. Thabeet could be a bust. He had a hard time scoring against smaller college players. That usually doesn't translate into being able to put points on the board in the NBA. Look at how that has treated Oden so far. I don't like moving up in this draft. There just isn't enough talent. I think Joe D has already said he has no plans to try to move up too.

detsportsfan3
06-22-2009, 07:54 PM
That's not bad but here's the thing. You're essentially trading Rip for Thabeet. I don't see that as being a good move. Thabeet could be a bust. He had a hard time scoring against smaller college players. That usually doesn't translate into being able to put points on the board in the NBA. Look at how that has treated Oden so far. I don't like moving up in this draft. There just isn't enough talent. I think Joe D has already said he has no plans to try to move up too.

Hmm, maybe if this is fantasy basketball, but it's not. Mike James is a $6.5 million expirir next year (I think) which could mean could trade bait for the teams after Lebron, Bosh, etc. Or we could just use that cap space next year. Thabeet is a defensive beast, I think everyone knows that. THAT IS WHAT WE NEED! That is the hole that has not been filled since Ben left (Yeah, Ben didn't have a hard time scoring at all :lol)

dd24
06-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Ben was a heck of a liability on the offensive end, as much as I liked him. I still think we end up with Mullens. Who knows he may end up being better than Thabeet. This draft is only as deep as those two at that position though.

detsportsfan3
06-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Ben was a heck of a liability on the offensive end, as much as I liked him. I still think we end up with Mullens. Who knows he may end up being better than Thabeet. This draft is only as deep as those two at that position though.

How? He might have gotten offensive rebounds but Thabeet can do that to. Ben never averaged 10 ppg a season his entire career. But yeah, Mullens and Thabeet are pretty much the only two Centers from this draft you'll see in the future. But this is a weak draft and in a normal draft he probbaly wouldn't be a top 4 pick, but I think it was cost us a lot more to get the 4th pick if this was a decent draft pick. So i guess the trade offer is not bad it's just we don't really want the 4th pick. we could trade it for a good player but that would take a large hit in our cap space to sign some of the top end free agents this year. I'm fine with the 15th pick if they get Mullens or Hansbrough, otherwise I would probably be upset. We need a starting center really bad but I guess this is just not the year (....again)

dd24
06-22-2009, 11:24 PM
Any changes that will make the team drastically better will need to be done through free agency and/or trades. There's isn't a player in this draft that is better than Boozer, Lee, Okur, or Bosh (if he's available). For the Wallace thing I just meant teams never had to guard him. It was 4 on 5.

detsportsfan3
06-23-2009, 02:02 AM
Any changes that will make the team drastically better will need to be done through free agency and/or trades. There's isn't a player in this draft that is better than Boozer, Lee, Okur, or Bosh (if he's available). For the Wallace thing I just meant teams never had to guard him. It was 4 on 5.

That is a bit of a stretch to say since no one even knows that till we see them play, but we should go after those proven Big men. I can't see Lee coming here though.

dd24
06-23-2009, 03:09 AM
I really think that besides Griffin there isn't a player that will have a big impact on a team this year like an OJ Mayo, Brooke Lopez, Kevin Love, Derrick Rose, Michael Beasley, etc etc. Maybe a few years down the road but that doesn't help a team now. For a team to get significantly better this off season it won't be done through the draft. It will be done through free agency and trades. It's just a weak draft.

dd24
06-23-2009, 10:04 PM
I just read a mock draft on yahoo that has us taking Jennings with our pick. I really didn't want a PG in this draft but if he falls out of the lottery it would be very intriguing to pick him up.

detsportsfan3
06-23-2009, 10:38 PM
I read a mock draft in '03 that had us taking Carmelo. If only, if only... But the "experts" that do mock drafts have no idea who a team will take past pick #5 every year in pretty much every sport, so I don't really pay attention to them.

detsportsfan3
06-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Austin Daye?......

Trade the Pacers Daye+2nd rounders for Hansbrough

dd24
06-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Tay and Daye are very similiar players. I wouldn't be suprised if Joe D was going to ship Tay out now. He would be a solid back up to Tay though.

detsportsfan3
06-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Tay and Daye are very similiar players. I wouldn't be suprised if Joe D was going to ship Tay out now. He would be a solid back up to Tay though.

Mullens still not taken at 23. I would trade Daye, 34, and 39 for Mullens (wherever he lands) + a future protected 1st. We end up getting Mullens, saving money, and getting extra. I think Daye is more of a PF than a SF. I hear he is insanely afraid to get any contact or be physical whatsoever; which really sucks for a big man.

Or just trade our 3 2nds for a pick to get Mullens. Either way, he is too cheap now to pass up especially with the loss of Amir.

Taken at 24, MAKE A TRADE WITH DALLAS!

Honestly Dumars, **** you if you let him go....

too late, OKC is going to get him from Dallas..... Kwame Brown our Center of the future!

dd24
06-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Unless Joe D makes a trade :)

detsportsfan3
06-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Unless Joe D makes a trade :)

If he didn't offer Dallas/couldn't get him from Dallas, he won't get him from OKC. How many times is a player traded twice in a draft? And we still have all 3 2nd rounders which I think we all know will be no one good.

detsportsfan3
06-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Pistons draft Dajuan Summers :banghead: :confusedshrug: :mad: :hammerhead: :rant :no: :wtf: :cry: :ohwell: :(

Crap, I wanted the other Dejaun, Dejuan Blair. Well atleast Tay has a backup.

Wow, another forward.................... Some Jonas Brother or something

dd24
06-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Mullens was a project anyways so it's not worth giving up picks, players, or cash for him. There must have been something Joe D didn't like. We just drafted 2 guys who play SF. I know Tay needed a backup but that makes me believe if there's a trade of one of our core guys it must be Prince. He does have the highest trade value. Maybe Joe D is going to try to put a package together for Toronto who needs a SF like him.

detsportsfan3
06-25-2009, 11:10 PM
Mullens was a project anyways so it's not worth giving up picks, players, or cash for him. There must have been something Joe D didn't like. We just drafted 2 guys who play SF. I know Tay needed a backup but that makes me believe if there's a trade of one of our core guys it must be Prince. He does have the highest trade value. Maybe Joe D is going to try to put a package together for Toronto who needs a SF like him.

Nah, drafting two SFs doesn't mean Tay is for sale. Neither of these guys will probably make the roster let alone replace Tay for the next couple of years. They are just projects. Mullens is definitely worth a chance at 24, or anywhere past 20 probably. I don't like our draft so far, the only pick I kind of like is the Daye pick because I think he was the BPA at the time. If you ask me if anyone is on the way it it looks like it may Maxiell. It looks like both the SFs we drafted could play SF or PF, they both have the size for it.

detsportsfan3
06-25-2009, 11:12 PM
Now Dumars redeem yourself by going off the board and selecting Luke Nevill...

Center or Point Guard is the only position we need to take with this last pick. If he drafts another forward I will go insane.

detsportsfan3
06-25-2009, 11:14 PM
ohnkuo8jgrdpo kvgonkq45gkj630blinugp'ej ljkgb ;nwyrtmiu,igk,tdfhgndgdbkugunbifhboiugibnbrtkbeitu reituiorbuierobt

:banghead:: :mad: :hammerhead: :rant :rant ::cry: :ohwell: :no: :confusedshrug: :wtf:

Kombo
06-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Well at least now we have some guys that can hit the 3 in Daye/Budinger.

detsportsfan3
06-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Tayshaun goes from 1 backups to possibly 5..... and once Oberto is waived Kwame Brown is our starting and backup center.... infact he might not even come back. Then we have 0 centers, and 5-6 SFs..... brilliant Dumars, brilliant. I really don't get him. I don't like any of these 2nd round picks and you see all these other teams trading their 2nd round picks for cash, which would be great for us right now. That is the whole reason he traded Amir (and got nothing in return essentially) Terrible start to the offseason imo Dumars... A trade better come in this draft.

Kombo
06-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Budinger being sold to Houston

detsportsfan3
06-25-2009, 11:25 PM
:hammertime: :party:
Budinger being sold to Houston

dd24
06-25-2009, 11:34 PM
I actually thought we got a steal with Budinger. He should have been a 1st rounder. If we can get some more cap space it might be worth it though. I thought they might take Patrick Mills. It looks like Joe D is happy with the PG spot. Really we are deep there. Stuckey and Bynum aren't going anywhere. There was no project C drafter so I have to assume there are plans to go after a free agent or make a trade.

It's really up in the air who we could end up with. I would think Sheed would want to go to Cleveland now that Shaq is there and they need a PF who can shoot outside. I figured he was gone anyway. Boozer is highly likely. They could still trade for Amare, Bosh, Smith, or Brand too. NY drafted Jordan Hill so David Lee probably isn't going to be back there. I guess it's a waiting game now.

detsportsfan3
06-25-2009, 11:43 PM
yeah, I liked him most of all the 2nd round picks we had but when you already drafted 2 Sfs and another forward that could probably play SF then then taking another SF is just a bad move, even if he is BPA. But he is being shipped to Houston apparently. My ideal draft would probably be something like trade Daye, the 39th, and 44th picks to Dallas for Mullens + a future first and draft Blair with the 35th pick.

detsportsfan3
06-25-2009, 11:46 PM
cash and a future 2nd from houston for Chase

dd24
06-25-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm happy with that. We got our pick back and money. Let's face it the draft isn't the way to get good fast this year. It's all about free agents and trades. Maybe that 2nd rounder will be in a better draft and we can find another steal.

dealer77
06-25-2009, 11:59 PM
i think joe d really nailed it with the first 2 picks :hammertime: daye was a solid pick, who obviously needs to develop. consensus on summers was that he was a first round talent who slipped for whatever reason. i think jerebko will probably never play a game for the pistons, especially considering he's now #4? on the SF depth chart if he makes the team...

with that last pick though, i think anybody else would have been better. mills, nivins, leo lyons, jerel mcneal, even chris johnson...

i guess my other issue is, if you plan on selling that pick or clearing cap space and getting cash (like they did with the budinger pick), then why don't you look for more immediate help where you selected jerebko? i don't really know what the plan is with him, but with most international players, outside of top 10's like rubio, they don't seem to come over for at least a year other than summer league.

detsportsfan3
06-26-2009, 12:00 AM
We haven't drafted a Center since 2003, and haven't had a 7 footer since Darko. :( We are so short

dd24
06-26-2009, 12:11 AM
For the most part 2nd rounders aren't immediate help. They typically don't even last in the NBA. I think the idea is to try and go with potential and find the next Rashard Lewis type player rather than getting that person who will just be a bench player. I don't even sweat the 2nd round selections. The only player we have on the roster right now that was a 2nd round pick is Walter Sharpe and he really didn't even play. The other guys from the bench were just undrafted people from overseas. So we can see the 2nd round is something where you may as well try to shoot for the stars.

Daye reminds me of Anthony Randolph last year who got drafted by Golden State. He actually didn't do a bad job for them this past season either. He has a lot of upside. Let's hope he bulks up before the season. He might be able to help us a bit next year. I'm thinking he will be more of a year after next contributor type. Nonetheless, I like the pick.

With the moves that Cleveland, Washington, and Orlando made our team is a ways off. There wasn't anything this draft was going to do to get us caught up to them. Let's hope Joe D has some magic up his sleeve come July 1st when free agency begins. We have more cap space now than when the day began.

A_RastaMon
06-26-2009, 12:47 AM
I'm glad we took all F's

Even though we coulda got Ty Lawson.

dd24
06-26-2009, 12:51 AM
It's not as bad as passing up on Wade, Bosh, and Melo and then passing up on Josh Howard with the next pick :oldlol: :roll:

A_RastaMon
06-26-2009, 12:57 AM
It's not as bad as passing up on Wade, Bosh, and Melo and then passing up on Josh Howard with the next pick :oldlol: :roll:

True Dat Mon!

Austin Daye Look like a poor Man's Rashard Lewis

detsportsfan3
06-26-2009, 01:41 AM
We have more cap space now than when the day began.

Not unless Houston gave us $1.5m+ for Chase

dd24
06-26-2009, 02:22 AM
Not unless Houston gave us $1.5m+ for Chase

How do you figure? Even if they gave us $1 it's more than we had to begin with. What's crazy to me is Houston was throwing money around and I didn't think they had it to begin with. They've been trying to get rid of McGrady's contract for a while now. And they gave up that money for people who aren't really impact players. Say they gave us 1 million for Chase. Then they potentially sign that guy to a contract. Even if they only give him $750,000 that means they practically paid close to $2 mil for him to be on their team. I would think they could find somebody established to be a bench player for that.

Speaking of McGrady, I actually think it would be smart for a team to pick him up. He's had plenty of time to rehab. So there's a chance he could be really good. So he could help a team for this season. If he doesn't his contract falls off and that team would have a ton of cap space to go after a big name FA in 2010. Plus even if he does play good his next contract will be significantly smaller. So said team could resign him for cheap and still go after one of the 2010 superstars. It's a huge gamble for someone but a quick rebuilding process.

dealer77
06-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Speaking of McGrady, I actually think it would be smart for a team to pick him up. He's had plenty of time to rehab. So there's a chance he could be really good. So he could help a team for this season. If he doesn't his contract falls off and that team would have a ton of cap space to go after a big name FA in 2010. Plus even if he does play good his next contract will be significantly smaller. So said team could resign him for cheap and still go after one of the 2010 superstars. It's a huge gamble for someone but a quick rebuilding process.

huge gamble is an understatement. i think the worst thing in the world for tracy mcgrady is allen iverson. just look at how joe d's huge gamble paid off and you'll understand why teams have been reluctant to acquire mcgrady.

dd24
06-26-2009, 10:22 AM
I think it's more because there aren't enough teams that can handle his salary. NY would be a likely destination for him. That would be a huge chunk of change that falls off the books next year when they want to make their run at Lebron. Plus like I said, if the guy is decent they could resign him for cheap and then have him next to Lebron. That's not a bad gamble. I think McGrady > Iverson.

detsportsfan3
06-26-2009, 10:41 AM
How do you figure? Even if they gave us $1 it's more than we had to begin with. What's crazy to me is Houston was throwing money around and I didn't think they had it to begin with. They've been trying to get rid of McGrady's contract for a while now. And they gave up that money for people who aren't really impact players. Say they gave us 1 million for Chase. Then they potentially sign that guy to a contract. Even if they only give him $750,000 that means they practically paid close to $2 mil for him to be on their team. I would think they could find somebody established to be a bench player for that.

Not really, coming in we didn't have the 15th pick's salary counting against us ($1.5mil) So by the 2nd round we had $1.5m less and then got cash from Houston.

boozehound
06-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Not really, coming in we didn't have the 15th pick's salary counting against us ($1.5mil) So by the 2nd round we had $1.5m less and then got cash from Houston.
sure we did. In any reasonable calculation of their potential cap space, the money for the 15th pick was included (along with salary increases etc). That is why everyone from Langlois to me realized that we didnt have 20 mil but more like 17 mil (before the trade).

detsportsfan3
06-26-2009, 11:31 AM
sure we did. In any reasonable calculation of their potential cap space, the money for the 15th pick was included (along with salary increases etc). That is why everyone from Langlois to me realized that we didnt have 20 mil but more like 17 mil (before the trade).

But the money doesn't technically count against us until we draft him. I get what you're all saying but officially we lost money yesterday, just not as much as everyone expected.

dd24
06-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Well the Amare to the Pistons trade rumors can be done with. We know whatever money we have isn't going towards him.

[QUOTE]Golden State's selection of Davidson point guard Stephen Curry at No. 7 was likely made for the Suns as part of an Amar

dealer77
06-26-2009, 12:38 PM
i won't believe this until it actually happens. i know don nelson has all but given up on defense, but i know he doesn't want to mortgage his entire team all for amare...

i heard somewhere that the proposed deal was amare for

steph curry
brandan wright
andres biedrins
AND
marco belinelli

i'm not sure how the salaries match up, especially considering the BYC contract of biedrins, but that is an awful deal for the W's.

the pistons can offer a better package for biedrins, one of the few good centers in the nba.

or, the pistons try and sneak their way into the deal and get ben wallace back in the D :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol except his contract is garbage

dd24
06-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Ben could resign here for the vets minimum after Phoenix buys him out. I would be ok with that.

As for Golden State I think it's a good move for them. If you look at their roster they have plenty of good young back court guys who can play. They aren't really gutting their team. It's a lot of players but they still have plenty.

Sonic R
06-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Word on the street is that Golden State is backing out of the deal…
They didn't think Curry would drop to them and now are reluctant to give him up.

I wanted Amare at the trade deadline. Still wouldn't mind getting him here.

OT, I'm not so sure on our first pick. Daye REALLY needs to bulk up to succeed in this league. My biggest concern, is that he will be a better shooting Amir… :ohwell:
I really wish we would have took a center. And I'm tired of hearing how we could have should have took Ty Lawson. I still feel we should pursue Andre Miller…
EDIT: I guess Miller is looking for a 3 year/30 mil deal…

dd24
06-26-2009, 04:46 PM
In this economy and with a shrinking cap there is no way Miller will get that kind of cash. I think he could get about 8 million but once it goes up to around 10 that is just too much. I like Miller but look at how much better Denver is with Billups than they are with Miller. That's really the only change to the starting 5 since he was there. That makes me a bit leary. I don't think Detroit is going to do anything about the PG position.

I agree about the big man thing. I think Joe D must have something else up his sleeve. It's obvious we need something. Daye has tremendous upside though. We just need to stay positive and cross our fingers. Remember people used to say the same things about Chris Bosh (and we passed on him....). Any way around it whoever we took with that pick wasn't going to be an impact player next year anyhow. Even Mullens was traded wasn't he? If he was a steal I would think someone would have just kept him.

dd24
06-26-2009, 05:15 PM
Another thing to keep in mind for a C is what I've been saying since before the trade deadline too. That is Tyson Chandler. The Hornets don't have much of a choice but to fire sale him. They are way over the cap and that market can't support that kind of cash. IF he is healthy and we can get him for next to nothing he is a legit big man. Cleveland was going to pull the trigger on that. I would be very happy with out lineup and the offseason if we landed Boozer and traded for Chandler. Chandler is only 12 million per season. If we could send someone like Maxiell to get some money off the cap we might have enough to go out and sign Boozer too. Then our lineup looks like this:

Stuckey
Rip
Tay
Boozer
Chandler

That would be enough to compete.

dd24
06-26-2009, 05:23 PM
One more post here.... We might have got at least 2 million for that pick which would be huge. Check this out:

r now, however, the Rockets believed they added two players, Taylor and Budinger, with the sort of offensive games they coveted, and a project point guard with potential to grow. According to a person with knowledge of the deals, they spent roughly $6 million to acquire the picks. They will send a conditional second-round pick to Detroit to complete the deal for Budinger.

detsportsfan3
06-26-2009, 05:30 PM
Another thing to keep in mind for a C is what I've been saying since before the trade deadline too. That is Tyson Chandler. The Hornets don't have much of a choice but to fire sale him. They are way over the cap and that market can't support that kind of cash. IF he is healthy and we can get him for next to nothing he is a legit big man. Cleveland was going to pull the trigger on that. I would be very happy with out lineup and the offseason if we landed Boozer and traded for Chandler. Chandler is only 12 million per season. If we could send someone like Maxiell to get some money off the cap we might have enough to go out and sign Boozer too. Then our lineup looks like this:

Stuckey
Rip
Tay
Boozer
Chandler

That would be enough to compete.

I don't like Chandler at all. ONLY 12 mil? For someone of his talent that is way too much, that is higher than tay and rip and he is not even close to as good as rip. He averaged 9-9-1 last season in good starter minutes shooting porrly from the free throw line. I'm pretty sure any of our starting Centers the last couple of years (Nazr, Amir, Kwame, Sheed, Webber?) could put up better numbers than that. He had a good season last year but I think 12m a year for a 10-10 guy is way too much. If we want a double double type of player we should go for David Lee who is much better and younger than Chandler. I want to target Lee, Bosh (trade), Boozer, and Okur, And I like Gordon and Turkoglu but they just don't fit on our roster, maybe if we can get them for cheap.

BTW is Chandler the player who Maxiell had that sick block on?

dd24
06-26-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm not sure about the block. That guy is a game changer. The Hornets are not the same team without him. Remember he was playing injured most of last year. He is a very good defensive player who isn't as limited as Ben Wallace was offensively. I think he fits Detroit's style well. Of course I would take Bosh first but I think it's highly likely we could end up with this guy. He is a true C. Not a PF that is forced to play the position. We could really use a guy like that. Kwame is way worse than Chandler.

detsportsfan3
06-26-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm not sure about the block. That guy is a game changer. The Hornets are not the same team without him. Remember he was playing injured most of last year. He is a very good defensive player who isn't as limited as Ben Wallace was offensively. I think he fits Detroit's style well. Of course I would take Bosh first but I think it's highly likely we could end up with this guy. He is a true C. Not a PF that is forced to play the position. We could really use a guy like that. Kwame is way worse than Chandler.

Alright I guess I was pushing it with the Kwame thing :lol A couple of days before we signed Kwame my cousin (Lakers fan) and I were randomly talking and laughing about how bad Kwame Brown was for like an hour. When I heard we signed him I was like ****! And started laughing and called my cousin up. I don't think he is as bad as I thought but he has his "that's Kwame for ya" moments. Chandler is good, but not for 12m (Especially if Gordon isn't even worth 11m) I just say sign that one star in free agency and see how much we have left over to try to sign other guys/trade. I don't really want to think ahead too much.