PDA

View Full Version : May 21: Nuggets @ Lakers, Game 2 (Round 3)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

MeloMike
05-22-2009, 12:04 AM
How many boards did Anthony get?
It looks like he got a lot of points off of put backs.

9 boards, 5 offensive.

That Nene smile is epic :roll:

TheGame
IS IT ME OR DID MAGIC JUST SAY KOBE WAS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE JUST NOW? I love Magic but I think his screwples are not all in place..
He was making fun of JVG. For saying that about Kobe but he realized he was wrong also.

ElPigto
So did the Cavs this season and what happened when the Lakers went to Cleveland? Lakers have been the best road team all year. Wouldnt be surprised at all to see them take to in Denver...

I don't know man, they did struggle in Houston these playoffs. The Lakers can win on the road, but they haven't been on their best game the last few games on the road.

NBASTATMAN
05-22-2009, 12:05 AM
Does Kobe have the most anti-clutch teammates in the league?e

Fisher - 2 airballs in the last two minutes
Gasol - 2/4 FTs
Ariza - huge turnover

There needs to be NO reason for anyone else to even touch the ball in the last two minutes. On the first Fisher airball possession, they didn't even give Kobe a touch.

:roll: at the final play being set for a 6 foot tall guy who was 1-8.

Wasn't kobe the one who lost the ball to begin with.. I mean when it goes to jump ball it is a luck thing.. Kobe should not have tried to dribble thru NENE...

lilo
Nuggets deserved that game. Strong comeback. I thought the game was pretty evenly called overall, but that last no-call on the JR Smith violation was ridiculous.

No it was not. I have never seen such a violation called before.

KenneBell
Vintage pompous arragant Lakers fan not realizing the lakers are in for a dogfight this series..U better be woried cause unless LA plays a GREAT game in Denver they will get blown out. The Nuggets shoot the lights out at home and play with great energy feeding off the crowd.
So he's arrogant and pompous for thinking that the Lakers will be fine? :roll:

Kingwillball
IS IT ME OR DID MAGIC JUST SAY KOBE WAS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE JUST NOW? I love Magic but I think his screwples are not all in place..

Yeah he said best closer and best player cause he is being a homer..Most logical fans and observers know Lebron is better. Better passer, better finisher, better rebounder, more unstoppable when in attack mode..ect Oh yeah Kobe is a better Foul shooter.

Indian guy
05-22-2009, 12:06 AM
:roll: at the final play being set for a 6 foot tall guy who was 1-8.

I can't believe more LA fans aren't *****ing about this. How do you not go to Kobe? He made 2 cold blooded jumpers a few seconds before that. And then you draw the last play for Fisher? Who is clutch, OK, but he's been the worst player on the team in the playoffs.

OnePeat
Denver won this game because of fourth quarter FT shooting. They made 17 in a row compared to last game. That's fixing your mistakes from game to game. Also, Kleiza was huge off the bench. They also played awesom D in the fourth, forcing tough shots. Lakers played a good game, too.

Refs suck as always. Time to start cleaning house and getting some better officials or a better system of calling the game. They sucked in game 1, they sucked in game 2--they always suck. Maybe it's just the game, though. Maybe it can never be officiated well.

TheGame
If Lakers could figure out how to not let Billips flop they can win this.
Someones mad... Don't hate on Chauncey because he knows how to drive and draw a foul.

ElPigto
So he's arrogant and pompous for thinking that the Lakers will be fine? :roll:

People can't have confidence in their team because to other fans it comes out as arrogant and "unrealistic" expectations.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

asu77golf
are you joking?

Not at all man, one call (the tip infraction) doesn't automatically put the refs on our side for the whole game. For every call you were upset about, there was one I was upset about. That's basketball.

NBASTATMAN
05-22-2009, 12:07 AM
He was making fun of JVG. For saying that about Kobe but he realized he was wrong also.

OK cuz I remember not too long ago when he said Lebron is the best.. These former players all snorted too much COKE....

LoPro4u2c
Games 3 and 4 at the Nuggets home floor eh? I pray, as a Laker fan, that they don't play game 4/game 6 style of basketball these next two games. If they do, its over. Nuggets @ Magic NBA Finals.

Younggrease
I can't believe more LA fans aren't *****ing about this. How do you not go to Kobe? He made 2 cold blooded jumpers a few seconds before that. And then you draw the last play for Fisher? Who is clutch, OK, but he's been the worst player on the team in the playoffs.

Phil Jackson cant draw up out of bounds plays...As soon as that was the scenario I pretty much considered it over unless Kobe hit some career defining shot.

Valliant13
Watch kobe go off for 30 points next half..

He was not happy with that play hahahah

I imagine he's even more unhappy now.

dajadeed
Refs didn't lose this game for the Lakers, Phil Jackson insisting on playing Fisher and not playing Bynum lost this game.

NBASTATMAN
05-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Not at all man, one call (the tip infraction) doesn't automatically put the refs on our side for the whole game. For every call you were upset about, there was one I was upset about. That's basketball.

THE FIRST HALF WAS ALL LAKERS .. The big call went to the NUGGETS.. Jr Smith should have been called for an infraction..

NoGunzJustSkillz

and he shot an airball at that. :banghead:

magi
We used our size very well in the first half, and then we lost focus and Denver made a run and gathered momentum and confidence.

After that it was a see-saw battle with million of bad calls.
1-1; LA needs to win one of the next two.

This loss is devastating, especially because Denver didn't even earn anything late in the game. They just went to the line every trip down outside of that flukey Kenyon Martin shot where Denver lost the ball, recovered and hit an open Martin.

Gah frustrating game.

UCLA - Lakers
05-22-2009, 12:09 AM
Refs didn't lose this game for the Lakers, Phil Jackson insisting on playing Fisher and not playing Bynum lost this game.

i'm an avid phil jackson supporter, but some of the things he's pulled in the postseason has really pissed me off.

GMW
I just felt Denver got all the calls down the stretch...

oh well, now that I'm over my initial frustration I'm more upset with LA giving up that big lead in the first half like it was nothing. They got themselves to blame. I'm hoping for another good game in Denver on Saturday.

Gundress
Nuggets just are better team than Lakers but Lakers did great job than in Game 1 because Nuggets outplayed them in game 1. Can u imagine if Nuggets win in game 1?

This is telling me that Nuggets>>>>Lakers.

Twiens
I can't even remember Bynum playing at all in the 2nd half.....:wtf:

NBASTATMAN
Phil Jackson cant draw up out of bounds plays...As soon as that was the scenario I pretty much considered it over unless Kobe hit some career defining shot.

Yea he does use the same one over and over...

GoldNugg21
Wasn't kobe the one who lost the ball to begin with.. I mean when it goes to jump ball it is a luck thing.. Kobe should not have tried to dribble thru NENE...

In addition, the Nene tied Gasol up at the same time Billups did. Easily could have been a Nene/Gasol jump, and advantage there is likely Nene. Plus, Jr's play, while very illegal, had basically no impact on the ensuing turnover by Ariza, unless I missed something.

Overall, tough game to watch. Yes, Lakers fans, the Refs were very much in your favor, particularly in the first half, but for some reason the Nuggets got the benefit of the whistle down the stretch. The Lakers also have only themselves to blame, as missed freethrows killed them as bad as they killed the Nuggets in game 1, and they made poor decisions down the stretch.

I find it interesting that between Melo and Kobe, whoever shot worse has won the game. Go figure.

justin43

That was a disappointing offense possession that cost the Lakers the game. Giving Fisher the last shot was this. :roll: :banghead: :lol: :oldlol:

magi
05-22-2009, 12:10 AM
How come no one is complaining about the shove Anthony gave Ariza on that jump ball? Clear foul that was not called.

Someone gif it for me.

Mile High Crew
Did I just see someone say that if they saw Chauncey Billups flop?

lol funny, you saying Billups running alongside a Lakers player and they bump him to the ground and its a flop, maybe you should buy some glasses or something. :oldlol:

UCLA - Lakers

he played for about 5 minutes, and then phil sat him for the remainder of the game.

in the fourth quarter, phil jackson decided to play luke walton @ the 4. he was absolutely killing us tonight, giving up offensive rebounds and open 3s to kleiza.

imdaman99
05-22-2009, 12:11 AM
How the F does Billups go to the line 16 times? And while I don't entirely disagree with going to Fish for that last shot, I don't understand why they didn't go to Kobe on 2 plays before that. Kobe didn't even touch the ball, get the f*cking ball to Kobe. He will take a better shot than Fishers 30 footer, believe that.

Fish did shoot 1-9, but they were not going to let Kobe catch the ball on the last play. Damn where are the 3 point shooters on the Lakers? Cavs got a bunch, Nuggs got a few, Magic have a ton, and Lakers have one. No Horrys or Foxes or Ron Harpers. This Lakers team is not even close to the team they had in the early 2000s.

asu77golf

oh well, now that I'm over my initial frustration I'm more upset with LA giving up that big lead in the first half like it was nothing. They got themselves to blame. I'm hoping for another good game in Denver on Saturday.

Fair enough, I definitely admit that missed tip infraction was HUGE

lilo
He was busy BEASTing somewhere :lol :oldlol:

garubu
05-22-2009, 12:12 AM
:hammertime: :hammertime: NUggets bringin it home to denver 3-1 :hammertime:

NoGunzJustSkillz
Nuggets just are better team than Lakers but Lakers did great job than in Game 1 because Nuggets outplayed them in game 1. Can u imagine if Nuggets win in game 1?

This is telling me that Nuggets>>>>Lakers.

if we're playing that game, lakers almost won game 2. imagine if that happens, we are up 2-0. what if kobe got the ball and hit the 3? what if the call was made on smith during the jump ball? what if this and what if that.

qrich

Just like the Lakers did last game.

Like I said, another good, no, great game is tainted by some horrid calls from the zebras

JustinJDW
This is going to be one hell of a Series. :pimp:

PS: I did not know Ron Artest was at the Game?

Doranku
Why does Phil insist on playing Fisher so much, and Vujajic at all?

NBASTATMAN
05-22-2009, 12:13 AM
and he shot an airball at that. :banghead:

Yea that ball should go to kobe but he was being guarded pretty well by anthony.. And Kobe is going to have problems holding Melo off that ball.. Kobe was hot though.. I would have tried to get him the ball as well.. But sometimes it is hard.. Kobe has missed alot of big shots as well so please don't diss fisher..

GMW
05-22-2009, 12:13 AM
thinking about the game, I have got to question Phil's coaching... let them lose the entire lead without doing anything, pulled Kobe at the start of the 4th, playing Fish & Walton too many minutes, drawing up a final shot for Fisher. Damn.

justin43
05-22-2009, 12:14 AM
[QUOTE=magi

imdaman99
05-22-2009, 12:15 AM
And the #1 reason why the Nuggets won this game is because....

Linus Kleiza. I think thats how his name is spelled lol. But he was the spark they needed. And for some reason, the Lakers just didn't want to guard him.

I really don't like it when the piece of **** machine is in the game as well. He plays for like 5 mins and jacks up 4 bricks.

Twiens
In addition, the Nene tied Gasol up at the same time Billups did. Easily could have been a Nene/Gasol jump, and advantage there is likely Nene. Plus, Jr's play, while very illegal, had basically no impact on the ensuing turnover by Ariza, unless I missed something.

Overall, tough game to watch. Yes, Lakers fans, the Refs were very much in your favor, particularly in the first half, but for some reason the Nuggets got the benefit of the whistle down the stretch.

You've gotta be kidding me. Nuggets have been getting homecourt calls for 2 games now...I'm not mad because I'm assuming that'll even out with us somehow getting those calls in Denver.

mbell75
:hammertime: :hammertime: NUggets bringin it home to denver 3-1 :hammertime:

Against the best road team in the NBA this season? :no:

magi
I think Fisher and Sasha combined to shoot 1 for 14 tonight.
Why not let Farmar start for the remainder of the series, he is doing some good things out there and let Shannon play backup.

It's 1-1, but I have not been even marginally impressed with LA's offense and defense. They need to do something with Denver's athletic bigs, maybe start Powell at SF instead of Walton off the bench and let him hit those jumpers.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-22-2009, 12:16 AM
Yea that ball should go to kobe but he was being guarded pretty well by anthony.. And Kobe is going to have problems holding Melo off that ball.. Kobe was hot though.. I would have tried to get him the ball as well.. But sometimes it is hard.. Kobe has missed alot of big shots as well so please don't diss fisher..

on one hand, yeah i understand. on the other hand, fish shouldnt have been in the game PERIOD 1-9, ouch. i would have been more comfortable with brown or farmer shooting the 3.

asu77golf
05-22-2009, 12:16 AM
I kept having to rub my eyes this season in disbelief, especially in the second half... but it seems we're witnessing Carmelo Anthony turn into a decent defensive player. He had some great stops against Dirk and actually guarded Kobe fairly well tonight.

UCLA - Lakers
05-22-2009, 12:17 AM
if derek fisher doesn't break out of his slump, then you have to consider starting jordan farmar or shannon brown. i wouldn't mind seeing jordan farmar @ pg. the lakers need people who can create off of the dribble against denver, and jordan's one of the only lakers aside from kobe who can consistently get into the lane.

Kingwillball
Watching Post game interview Phil Sounds genuinely concerned about this series..basically saying if his team doesn't raise its level of Play they are gonna be in trouble in Denver.

GMW
I kept having to rub my eyes this season in disbelief, especially in the second half... but it seems we're witnessing Carmelo Anthony turn into a decent defensive player. He had some great stops against Dirk and actually guarded Kobe fairly well tonight.
Melo is really establishing himself as a top 5 player in these playoffs, he's playing excellent on both sides of the floor.

NY Comeback
05-22-2009, 12:18 AM
You've gotta be kidding me. Nuggets have been getting homecourt calls for 2 games now...I'm not mad because I'm assuming that'll even out with us somehow getting those calls in Denver.
"Homecourt calls" What the hell is that? You call a spade a spade, LA's not as much of a physical team as Denver is. They're gonna get more calls, since the play in the paint.

OneMoreSucka
05-22-2009, 12:18 AM
That got demolished by Houston :no:

NBASTATMAN
05-22-2009, 12:19 AM

Overall, tough game to watch. Yes, Lakers fans, the Refs were very much in your favor, particularly in the first half, but for some reason the Nuggets got the benefit of the whistle down the stretch. The Lakers also have only themselves to blame, as missed freethrows killed them as bad as they killed the Nuggets in game 1, and they made poor decisions down the stretch.

I find it interesting that between Melo and Kobe, whoever shot worse has won the game. Go figure.

GOLD NUGG YOU NAILED IT.. Whoever gets the calls down the stretch will win.. Kobe was untouchable the other night the lakers win.. Denver got the calls at the end they win.. NBA AT ITS BEST...

Kingwillball
05-22-2009, 12:20 AM
Melo is really establishing himself as a top 5 player in these playoffs, he's playing excellent on both sides of the floor.

In the Playoffs he is definately top 5.. Top 3 actually Lebron, Kobe, Melo,Dirk,Howard,Rondo,Wade,Lewis

Mile High Crew
Originally Posted by mbell75

Yeah and your talking about the Nuggets ONE OF THE BEST if not THE BEST home team in playoff basketball this year.

GoldNugg21

Gonna have to respectfully disagree here. I thought the reffing was pretty even in the first game, until the final several minutes where every call went L.A.'s way. I thought the reffing was clearly favoring L.A. for the majority of this game, and the calls down the stretch all went Denver's way.

NoGunzJustSkillz
i hate when kobe keeps jacking up shots, but when the team is playing hot potatoe with the ball, i'd rather kobe just launch up a 3.

NBASTATMAN
on one hand, yeah i understand. on the other hand, fish shouldnt have been in the game PERIOD 1-9, ouch. i would have been more comfortable with brown or farmer shooting the 3.

Yea i RATHER see fish taking the shot.. He has a history of hitting the big shots..

thejumpa
05-22-2009, 12:21 AM
Wow....I'm from Seattle and I've never cheered that hard for Denver to win...anything. Melo is stepping up big time and Denver is showing signs...FINALLY. Denver in 6...

Silverbullit
05-22-2009, 12:21 AM
The Lakers lost despite: Higher field goal percentage, higher three point percentage, more rebounds, more assists, more blocks, fewer fouls, fewer turnovers.
The Nuggets were better only in two categories: free throw percentage and....points. :D

OneMoreSucka
05-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Kobe's interviews are so bitter after losses :roll: :roll: :roll:

GoldNugg21
The Lakers lost despite: Higher field goal percentage, higher three point percentage, more rebounds, more assists, more blocks, fewer fouls, fewer turnovers.
The Nuggets were better only in two categories: free throw percentage and....points. :D

Wow that's pretty insane. Goes to show that numbers don't tell the whole story.

UCLA - Lakers
boy, the lakers are not a fan favorite on insidehoops lol. you've got more neutral fans rooting for denver than actual nugget fans.

we're in for a long, competitive series! let's hope the refs don't ruin it.

magi
Yeah and your talking about the Nuggets ONE OF THE BEST if not THE BEST home team in playoff basketball this year.

I expect LA to give their all in Denver, they know it's a tough place to win. But we've won in Denver this regular season.

LA will give it their all. Fish & Sasha need to start hitting their open shots though.

Phil's 42-1 record when leading a series is prestigious, I believe he will make the right adjustments for game 3.

Even tonight we played really good until late 2nd quarter where we simply started to slack off and not guard the 3 point line.

God this team needs to get some killer instinct. They need another guy who can create a shot, that should be their top priority this off-season.

Younggrease
05-22-2009, 12:23 AM
I hope Pau can step get over his timidness at the foul line..This is the one thing that scared me when I knew he would be the lakers #2 guy...He has done it his entire career. He is a great player but he gets so nervous

Gundress
if we're playing that game, lakers almost won game 2. imagine if that happens, we are up 2-0. what if kobe got the ball and hit the 3? what if the call was made on smith during the jump ball? what if this and what if that.

you're right but this game was a close game. you know that nuggets outplayed them in game 1 and nuggets had bad throw free-throw in game 1.

bleedinpurpleTwo
i hate when kobe keeps jacking up shots, but when the team is playing hot potatoe with the ball, i'd rather kobe just launch up a 3.

:confusedshrug:
he only took 20 shots and made 50%

magi
Gonna have to respectfully disagree here. I thought the reffing was pretty even in the first game, until the final several minutes where every call went L.A.'s way. I thought the reffing was clearly favoring L.A. for the majority of this game, and the calls down the stretch all went Denver's way.

WOW, ignored.

asu77golf

We were better there? :lol I could have sworn we missed HALF of them. ha

Micku
Hey, this is where the Lakers needed Robert Horry!

Kingwillball
Is Kobe being confident or Cocky saying when being asked of winning at Denver"We are not the best Road team in basketball for nothing" ..Tell U what Kobe unless some of your minions step up big time or U have a blast from the past game and score 50 your Lakers are in real trouble.

NBASTATMAN
05-22-2009, 12:24 AM

Actually Kobe was great tonight... I will diss some part of kobe's game but one on one he is the man, and his free throws at the end of the game are usually money..

OldSchoolBBall
05-22-2009, 12:24 AM
D2mn I thought that was good by Fisher.

Yeah, from the regular game angle it looked on line, but the replays showed otherwise. Perplexing that they didn't at least try to rub Kobe off a couple of screens with Fisher as the pressure release fallback option. I think you have to live or die with Kobe there, especially in the playoffs, and especially since he was only single covered.

Terrific game to watch. Nailbiter. Lakers looked like they were gonna run away with this one early. Nuggets showed a lot of heart. On a side note, I say it a lot, but even the guys I was watching the game with commented several times about the lack of calls the Nuggets were getting. Or rather, the fouls that weren't being called on LA (on Gasol in particular on over the backs; the Kobe push/elbow in the back on the rebound attempt that laid Melo out and sparked the break was another one).

Nuggets need to win the next game to have any chance of sending it to 6 imo. They can't keep playing from behind in the series.

NBASTATMAN
05-22-2009, 12:25 AM
Hey, this is where the Lakers needed Robert Horry!
HMM LET START A THREAD.. HOW MANY TITLES DO THE LAKERS, SPURS OR ROCKETS HAVE IF THEY DID NOT HAVE HORRY? Wow the spurs lose vs detroit and the lakers lose vs the kings... Rockets may still win both..

justin43
05-22-2009, 12:26 AM

That should say something about this game. Lakers lost for two reasons.

1. Minor reason: Bad no calls at the end.

2. Major reason: The Nuggets were near perfect at the 4th quarter in execution and closing out the game while the Lakers missed key free throws and made a couple mistakes on the offensive end.

GoldNugg21
05-22-2009, 12:26 AM
[QUOTE=magi

thejumpa
05-22-2009, 12:27 AM
Is Kobe being confident or Cocky saying when being asked of winning at Denver"We are not the best Road team in basketball for nothing" ..Tell U what Kobe unless some of your minions step up big time or U have a blast from the past game and score 50 your Lakers are in real trouble.

Even though he's being confident...which really is the right thing to do..you gotta watch how you say things. I said it earlier...Denver carries momentum from one game to another like no other. Wilbon said the same thing. I know this may sound crazy but..the way they play at home..Denver could go up 3-1 if LA doesn't wake up...

Silverbullit
Gasol had 8 shots in 44 minutes (and 10 free throws). I think you should shoot a little bit more.

Kingwillball
Yeah, from the regular game angle it looked on line, but the replays showed otherwise. Perplexing that they didn't at least try to rub Kobe off a couple of screens with Fisher as the pressure release fallback option. I think you have to live or die with Kobe there, especially in the playoffs, and especially since he was only single covered.

Terrific game to watch. Nailbiter. Lakers looked like they were gonna run away with this one early. Nuggets showed a lot of heart. On a side note, I say it a lot, but even the guys I was watching the game with commented several times about the lack of calls the Nuggets were getting. Or rather, the fouls that weren't being called on LA (on Gasol in particular on over the backs; the Kobe push/elbow in the back on the rebound attempt that laid Melo out and sparked the break was another one).

Nuggets need to win the next game to have any chance of sending it to 6 imo. They can't keep playing from behind in the series.

The way it is looking now Nuggets can win the series in 6..U better wake up quick..At best Lakers will win series in 7 at this point.

NBASTATMAN
05-22-2009, 12:30 AM
Gasol had 8 shots in 44 minutes (and 10 free throws). I think you should shoot a little bit more.

Anytime gasol got a one on one matchup he usually scored or went to the line... He played well...

Silverbullit
05-22-2009, 12:33 AM
Anytime gasol got a one on one matchup he usually scored or went to the line... He played well...

I don't say he didn't play well. But I think he could score a little bit more, he does it very effectively.

OldSchoolBBall
05-22-2009, 12:34 AM
It's funny reading the thread and hearing Laker fans complain about the officiating, when the virtual consensus among the 5 guys/2 girls I watched this with (none of whom are anti-LA) was that the Nuggets were getting shafted, particularly on non-calls on LA (as opposed to questionable fouls being called on them).

OneMoreSucka
05-22-2009, 12:36 AM
It's funny reading the thread and hearing Laker fans complain about the officiating, when the virtual consensus among the 5 guys/2 girls I watched this with (none of whom are anti-LA) was that the Nuggets were getting shafted, particularly on non-calls on LA (as opposed to questionable fouls being called on them).
It should come as no surprise that officials are always the first option scapegoat for the losing team fans.

Twiens
05-22-2009, 12:36 AM

OK, but you're the kind of person who would make that up. That's your rep...

chopchop20
05-22-2009, 12:37 AM

They wouldn't even allowed Kobe to shoot -- remember Denver had a foul to give. Melo would have rapped him up time he caught it.

Silverbullit
05-22-2009, 12:38 AM
It should come as no surprise that officials are always the first option scapegoat for the losing team fans.

That are surprising news to me. I've never heard a Mavs fan saying something like this :D

magi
05-22-2009, 12:40 AM
Game 3 will be the most nerve wracking game I will see, maybe of all-time.
Denver has LA where they want, now it's time for LA to step up and drop them on their asses.

justin43
05-22-2009, 12:41 AM

The problem is that the missed calls on that jumpball was very big. Even you can't ignore it. I have a problem in general with the officiating throughout the entire playoffs. This is just the most recent one.

Other examples include the three phantom foul calls on Dwight, the various pushoffs on both the Lakers and the Nuggets, and the missed foul call for the Mavericks that cost Dallas the series. The officiating in the playoffs need to get a lot better or the Laker fans won't be the only ones who will be blaming the refs for their lost in a game.

paguy1955
05-22-2009, 12:46 AM
[QUOTE=magi

paguy1955
05-22-2009, 12:49 AM
HMM LET START A THREAD.. HOW MANY TITLES DO THE LAKERS, SPURS OR ROCKETS HAVE IF THEY DID NOT HAVE HORRY? Wow the spurs lose vs detroit and the lakers lose vs the kings... Rockets may still win both..
I got a better question..how many titles did the Lakers win with JUST Kobe!!!:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

OldSchoolBBall
05-22-2009, 12:51 AM
Another positive for Denver that not a lot of teams have (and I think it's pretty important) is that all of their bigs, while undersized, are very athletic. This is important on defense, yes (they all contest shots), but more so on offense, since when Melo or Billups or Smith get in the lane and dump it off, or they come flying in from the baseline, these guys like KMart/Birdman/Nene go up STRONG to finish with dunks. Teams like Cleveland, with unathletic big man finishers like Wallace/Varejao/Smith would be blocked at the rim ALL DAY by the Lakers, but since these guys take it up strong and can finish, LA has no choice but to foul or concede the baskets inside on those type of plays.

Believe me, that's a big factor. You could see it most easily in the first quarter when KMart had like 12 points on mostly finishes. The defense was in the vicinity each time, but he goes up with authority. Most other guys get blocked there.

magi
05-22-2009, 12:51 AM
You all are acting like Denver won the series or something.

But I'll say one thing, I would rather have Billups on this Laker team then ANY other PG including Paul. This guy is so much more then just his numbers.

His leadership and personality is 2nd to none, he is a true leader and if Denver do beat LA, you better believe I'll be rooting for them to win the title.

Billups is easily my 2nd favorite player behind Odom in this league.

OneMoreSucka
05-22-2009, 12:54 AM
[QUOTE=magi

asu77golf
05-22-2009, 12:57 AM
[QUOTE=magi

magi
05-22-2009, 12:58 AM
Just like all the Laker fans, including you, after game 1 :eek:

Oh yeah what did I say after game 1? Quote me Einstein.

OneMoreSucka
05-22-2009, 12:59 AM
Einstein?

Tigers24
We could argue for days about which team got shafted.
I do think the noncall on the jumpball was bad, but it certainly didn't cost the Lakers the game. We had our chances to win the game just didn't take advantage. If we want to be the best, we have to prove it on the road. I don't think it will be like games 4 or 6 of the previous series... the lakers certainly don't have the luxury of taking the nuggets lightly like they did before, but its not like the nuggets are unbeatable at home. The mavs actually played them pretty well every game at Denver, at least for the first 3 quarters, and the lakers are a much better team than the mavs...well when they choose to be at least. lol And for general fans of the NBA, at least game 3 will probably be a good game because if the lakers won this game, they probably would have taken game 3 off. :D

magi
If Kobe ever leaves LA, I hope he comes to Denver to play with Billups and Melo. And hopefully Odom joins.

It'll be hard for me not to have 2 favorite teams then, of course LA will always be #1 to me. But Denver will be like 1e.

iggy>
05-22-2009, 01:17 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2qnz90n.jpg
Me = Nene right now.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Duncan21formvp
05-22-2009, 01:20 AM
Fisher is the key to the Lakers.

1_BAD_TIGER
05-22-2009, 01:28 AM
[QUOTE=magi

magi
05-22-2009, 01:30 AM
If LA can do that to Denver in Denver, I will be impresed. The Nuggets have been playing out of there minds at home for two months now and they look like a completly different team in Denver. LA can win there but it going to be tough.. real tough and if the Lakers play like they have in the first two games it going to be blow outs.

If LA plays like they did in game 7 against Houston, they can easily take both games in Denver.

Twiens
05-22-2009, 01:39 AM
Fisher is the key to the Lakers.

At this point Fisher should be our 3rd PG...

-------------------------------
Keys to Game 3:

-Start Brown, let him guard Billups.
-Kobe on Melo from the start.
-Don't let Sasha touch the floor, Luke for no more than 5-8 minutes.
-Give Powell some minutes.

Kingwillball
05-22-2009, 01:45 AM
[QUOTE=magi

1_BAD_TIGER
05-22-2009, 01:48 AM
[QUOTE=magi

KRAYZIE
05-22-2009, 01:54 AM
1-1.:cheers:

1_BAD_TIGER
05-22-2009, 02:02 AM
[QUOTE=magi

went_worth
05-22-2009, 02:04 AM
Denver can't be to over confident and wind up giving back the HC, but if they come to LA up 3-1 it might be over for the lakers....and if the Magic take game 2, David Stern is going to have a stroke. :oldlol:

lilo
05-22-2009, 02:07 AM
[QUOTE=magi

magi
05-22-2009, 02:08 AM
Only that game was in LA and the next two games are not :lol

Come on LA are the best road team, I think they'll try a little harder then they did in Houston last series. Denver are healthy and are obviously playing great.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
05-22-2009, 02:11 AM
haha Kobe sucks.

Coming from a Blazer fan haha

monkeypox
05-22-2009, 02:19 AM
Stupid lakers have to ruin my holiday weekend. Great game by the Nuggets. The Lakers could have been sitting on a 2-0 record going in to game six, now they have to friggin go in to the loudest arena in the playoffs 1-1. Great... just great.

raptorfan_dr07
05-22-2009, 02:20 AM
I guess you can say the officiating is even now with LA getting the benefit in Game 1 and Denver getting the benefit in Game 2.

I don't know why LA fans are so surprised to see Chauncey Billups shooting a lot of free throws. In the 2004 finals, he shredded LA's defense and made a killing at the line that had Lakers fans crying foul back then as well. I really like Dahntay Jones. The guy was getting screwed big time by the refs in the first half yet he still kept right on fighting. He had that reverse layup on Gasol and the steal on Kobe after Kobe committed on offensive foul that wasn't called. Linas Kleiza was huge for the Nuggets. He's a very explosive scorer that can get hot any time. His rebounding though was a little something that people missed since most people get caught up in scoring. This playoffs has really been Carmelo Anthony's coming out party. He is making everyone take notice of him and letting everyone know that his name should be mentioned when discussing the top players in the league. Trevor Ariza and Kobe especially are hacking and grabbing him almost every play yet he still has enough strength to finish the play or to pull down the offensive board for the put back.

Still don't understand why Kobe didn't take that last three. I know Derek Fisher is a great clutch shooter, but his shot has been off for 3 rounds now. Kobe was shooting 50% from the field and had just hit two big shots. I know Phil's used Kobe as a decoy before to close out games, but I don't think this was the time to use that strategy. Kobe needed to take that shot.

magi
05-22-2009, 02:25 AM
LA got screwed in both games.

paintingshade
05-22-2009, 02:28 AM
[QUOTE=magi

ItsTwisted
05-22-2009, 03:44 AM
Where are all the KOBE TROLLS now that were here last night making fun of the Cavaliers loss, and putting down Lebron...?

Also all the Lakers fans complaing about calls, come on now. Yes that jumpball call was bad, but it did not cost us the game, we cost our ownselves the game. We were basically leading throughout the whole game, and in the most important quarter we gave it away, the same way the Nuggets did Game 1. The two games were played exactly the same, just the teams switched places, and this looks to be a vey interesting and long series for that matter as well.

Will it be like the Rockets one ofcourse not, all of the games will most likely be close because of the offensive power of both teams, it just counts whos defense still stands in the end.

Nuggets fans great game, even thought we lost, it was interesting all the way to the end.

Noodle_Fan
05-22-2009, 04:26 AM
[QUOTE=magi

NugzFan
05-22-2009, 04:37 AM
[QUOTE=magi

Magic_Johnson
05-22-2009, 07:17 AM
to phil jackson:

Really your strategy of not calling timeouts to stop runs is working to perfection.

That 13 pt lead you had going into the half with 2 minutes left was the ball game right there. You call a timeout when the lead is cut to 8 pts and you likely stop the run in its tracks.

LA_Showtime
05-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Sorry guys, you can't blame the refs after this one. The Lakers had a 14 point lead in the first half and they lost it.

What happened to Derek Fisher and Sasha? The two best shooters on the team look like me out there.

wang4three
05-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Sorry guys, you can't blame the refs after this one. The Lakers had a 14 point lead in the first half and they lost it.

Thank you. This was a badly officiated game, but the Lakers clearly had the opportunity to win this game. They were up big and let Denver back, Gasol missed two critical free throws, etc.. The team lost this game itself. Blaming reffing here is stupid and I'm rooting for the Lakers.

JohnnySic
05-22-2009, 09:05 AM
Good job Nuggets! You should be up 2-0 but you did what you needed to do, getting one in LA. Now, take care of business at home. :cheers:

SilkyJohnson
05-22-2009, 09:08 AM
Good job Nuggets! You should be up 2-0 but you did what you needed to do, getting one in LA. Now, take care of business at home. :cheers:

:cheers:

John Smith
05-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Is it just me or does Kobe whine like a B!tch?

Wow, I've never seen a grown man throw so many tantrums on a professional basketball court before. Kobe Bean was throwing his hands in the air and putting on his best you did me wrong face. The guy was about to break down into tears after Ariza turned the ball over in the closing seconds after the jump ball. I can't believe how much whining the refs let Kobe get away with. He is supposed to be a grown man, it's time for him to quit whining like a B!tch.

SilkyJohnson
05-22-2009, 09:15 AM

Wow, I've never seen a grown man throw so many tantrums on a professional basketball court before. Kobe Bean was throwing his hands in the air and putting on his best you did me wrong face. The guy was about to break down into tears after Ariza turned the ball over in the closing seconds after the jump ball. I can't believe how much whining the refs let Kobe get away with. He is supposed to be a grown man, it's time for him to quit whining like a B!tch.

Sure he has great technical skills, but what makes him the b!tch you so correctly described, is his lack of leadership skills. If he had the mindset of a Chauncey Billups, who is a great professional, as well as a leader, Kobe wouldn't be hated as much.

In summary, Kobe Bryant is an egotistical bastard.

John Smith
05-22-2009, 09:19 AM
Yes, he is. In fact, he's more femmy than most euro ballers like Pau Gasol which is really hard to do. Plus, he caught that case in Denver for abusing that young girl. When he whines and can't lead on the court plus he catches cases off the court for harassing little girls, then you really can't like the guy.

I don't care what anyone says. Chauncey Billups is the best PG in the NBA. Regular season, sure I'll take Deron Williams. But when the postseason hits, it's all Chauncey. :pimp:

GMW
05-22-2009, 09:23 AM
The guy was about to break down into tears after Ariza turned the ball over in the closing seconds after the jump ball.
well maybe that was because there was an absolutely blatant foul not called on that jumpball? :rolleyes:

John Smith
05-22-2009, 09:31 AM
well maybe that was because there was an absolutely blatant foul not called on that jumpball? :rolleyes:

I see Kobe's tactics have been passed onto the Laker fans as well...:confusedshrug:

paguy1955
05-22-2009, 10:27 AM
:cry: :rant :cry: :rant
well maybe that was because there was an absolutely blatant foul not called on that jumpball? :rolleyes::cry: :rant :cry:
Hey here's a kleenex

DuMa
05-22-2009, 10:37 AM

He's been whining for years. i think the reason why he's whining so much more this year in these playoffs because he knows if he doesnt win, he'll be subjected to all kinds of criticism and they will be warranted.

asd
05-22-2009, 10:58 AM
do denver fans still chant "rapist" when the lakers are in town? game 3 is going to be fun.

OneMoreSucka
05-22-2009, 11:07 AM
do denver fans still chant "rapist" when the lakers are in town? game 3 is going to be fun.
No, but Kobe is guaranteed to be boo'd all the way to Eagle every time he touches the ball.

The_Yearning
05-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Pressure is on Kobe to win it this year. No wonder he bi1tches about every call.

paguy1955
05-22-2009, 11:12 AM

Naw we have more class than that. They stopped that 2 seasons ago

paguy1955
05-22-2009, 11:14 AM
As the Nuggets tried to inbound under their basket on the final play of the quarter, Bryant inexplicably turned his back on Billups. Billups threw the ball off Bryant

John Smith
05-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Kobe had his swag taken from him by billups. During the halftime interview, Kobe looked like a lost little child trying to find his teddy bear. Chauncey definently took some of his pride on that one!

GoldNugg21
05-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Is it really necessary to talk Kobe down after we win guys? The reason he's so emotional out there is simple- he freakin cares. More than anyone else out their, he wants to win the damn basketball game. It's the way Melo is playing right now too. He shows more emotion than most, but that just shows his heart and will. Admit it, Kobe is a great player, one of the alltime greats.

If any of you had any competitive bones in your body maybe you would understand Kobe a little more. As it is, try to keep the classless hate to a minimum.

33teeth
05-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Nuggets can thank the referees for this one... what a disgusting showing.
It's always rich when Lakers fans complain about refs. 2002 Kings.

OneMoreSucka
05-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Is it really necessary to talk Kobe down after we win guys? The reason he's so emotional out there is simple- he freakin cares. More than anyone else out their, he wants to win the damn basketball game. It's the way Melo is playing right now too. He shows more emotion than most, but that just shows his heart and will. Admit it, Kobe is a great player, one of the alltime greats.

If any of you had any competitive bones in your body maybe you would understand Kobe a little more. As it is, try to keep the classless hate to a minimum.
After putting up with years of thuggets comments and how the Nuggets will never go anywhere with Melo, yes, it is completely necessary.

And this John Smith fellow is completely right. Billups definitely took away a bit of his pride with that play.

1_BAD_TIGER
05-22-2009, 11:43 AM

Well said.

DuMa
05-22-2009, 11:49 AM

theres a clear distinct line between caring that much and whining at every call that doesnt go your way.

magi
05-22-2009, 11:50 AM
After putting up with years of thuggets comments and how the Nuggets will never go anywhere with Melo, yes, it is completely necessary.

And this John Smith fellow is completely right. Billups definitely took away a bit of his pride with that play.

What? Kobe put down Denver's franchise and Anthony? :oldlol:
So basically you're just being as classless as the people who said that about your franchise, good to know.

I don't know what's more pathetic though, your retaliation or the fact you're talking **** after ONE win.

Allstar24
05-22-2009, 11:55 AM
I have a good feeling about game 3. The Lakers usually come out strong after they've been tested. They almost never have 2 bad games in a row. If they get off to a good start and take the crowd out of the game, they'll be perfectly fine...can't wait for this game.

OneMoreSucka
05-22-2009, 11:59 AM
[QUOTE=magi

UCLA - Lakers
05-22-2009, 12:04 PM
can't we just give the nuggets credit and move on? they played very well in the second half and took the game away from the lakers.

laker fans, come on, you can't blame the refs for this one. they were VERY inconsistent, but the lakers had a 14 point cushion and let the nuggets back into the game.

Automajic23
05-22-2009, 12:20 PM
[QUOTE]Quote:
Originally Posted by magi

Automajic23
05-22-2009, 12:21 PM
I have a good feeling about game 3. The Lakers usually come out strong after they've been tested. They almost never have 2 bad games in a row. If they get off to a good start and take the crowd out of the game, they'll be perfectly fine...can't wait for this game.

This is true, but IMO the lakers played great that game. The Nuggets played just a little better though

Darius
05-22-2009, 12:25 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2qnz90n.jpg
Me = Nene right now.

:roll:

magi
05-22-2009, 12:33 PM
LOLLLLLL M@gic is probably one of the dumbest posters ever, so biased too

The guy was upset that Laker fans (I suppose from his post) were saying Anthony wasn't a leader and calling Denver "Thuggets". Yet when he is in the winning situation he acts no differently.

Yet somehow I'm dumb? Wow.
I need to honestly get a hobby and get off this message forum, ASAP.
I'm definitely losing brain cells talking with some of you.

Automajic23
05-22-2009, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE=magi

magi
05-22-2009, 12:59 PM
SEE YAAAA, One less horrible poster on this forum thanks to me :cheers:

I've yet to see you make one substantial post.
Only difference between me and you; is I could care less about impressing people online, I don't use this forum to make analytical basketball posts.

I'm here for the WIFA leagues.

Ken_Masters
05-22-2009, 01:05 PM
If George Karl smartens up and doesn't play Anthony Carter a single minute going forward, the Nuggets will win this series in 5 lol. But seriously, what's his fascination with Anthony Carter? He sucks.

UCLA - Lakers
05-22-2009, 01:14 PM
i'm bored right now. anybody want to do an avy bet for game 3?

B
05-22-2009, 01:15 PM
can't we just give the nuggets credit and move on? they played very well in the second half and took the game away from the lakers.

laker fans, come on, you can't blame the refs for this one. they were VERY inconsistent, but the lakers had a 14 point cushion and let the nuggets back into the game.+1
Lakers made enough mistakes on their own, no need to blame anyone. It was a fun game to watch, both teams made mistakes, both teams made some big plays down the stretch the Nuggets just came out on top on this one. Laker fans need to stop complaining about the refs and role players and give the Nuggets some credit for stealing home court. Now our boys have to go take it back. Which they will do.

Chulada
05-22-2009, 01:27 PM
[QUOTE=B

mbell75
05-22-2009, 01:35 PM
[QUOTE=B

OneMoreSucka
05-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Yep, blaming the refs is stupid. Had a few bad calls, got a few favorable ones. It usually evens out. Nuggets just made a play or two more than the Lakers did at the end, just as the Lakers did to Denver in game 1. I am not worried at all about losing homecourt, Lakers will get at least one win in Denver for sure. Kinda funny how some people swear Denver is the toughest arena to win in :lol Lakers have owned the Nuggets in Denver, I am not concerned at all.
Yeah they certainly played well when they lost 79-90 and shot 29%.

Great assessment :applause:

1_BAD_TIGER
05-22-2009, 01:58 PM
If George Karl smartens up and doesn't play Anthony Carter a single minute going forward, the Nuggets will win this series in 5 lol. But seriously, what's his fascination with Anthony Carter? He sucks.

I really don't know, Karl loves the guy. He's has had some descent games this year,but his shot is not reliable, that is a spot Denver needs to upgrade.

NBASTATMAN
05-22-2009, 02:07 PM

Whatever lets you sleep at night...

Nevaeh
05-22-2009, 02:27 PM

Amazing. You also left out being at Home as well ;) . Like others have said, this was definitely one of the more exciting games of this year's playoffs. I'm really proud of Carmelo's maturity this year also.

I was ready to write this man's career off as yet another Thug wannabe content with just getting paid then riding off into the sunset. But he's really shown that this year, he's in it to win it.

Allstar24
05-22-2009, 02:35 PM
This is true, but IMO the lakers played great that game. The Nuggets played just a little better though
The Lakers didn't play great. Their starting PG was 1-9. Bynum played 18 minutes. It's never a good thing when Ariza is their second leading scorer. And still, they were in position to win this game. But a few boneheaded decisions by Phil (taking Kobe out of the game in the 4th quarter) and a few blown calls went against them.

So if the Nuggets feel like they gave away game one, the Lakers most definitely gave away game two. As long as tomorrow's game doesn't come down to the officials deciding it in the final minutes, we'll be perfectly fine.

w00terz
05-22-2009, 02:59 PM

Amazing, even Celtics fans get it. Karl somehow thinks that AC is a good defender and a good decision maker. Problem is, he's an average defender and a terrible decision maker. He's also way too short to guard Kobe so he's basically useless in this series.

TheGame
05-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Amazing, even Celtics fans get it. Karl somehow thinks that AC is a good defender and a good decision maker. Problem is, he's an average defender and a terrible decision maker. He's also way too short to guard Kobe so he's basically useless in this series.
Damn that's a lot of hate on AC. To simply put it he just doesn't match up well against the Lakers he has been solid this post season as a backup PG coming in and facilitating and even scoring too.

AirJordan23
05-22-2009, 03:37 PM

Indeed. I'd say having Smith run the point is better than Carter running the point. It reduces the amount of shots Smith takes, Smith's the better ball handler, passer and I'd even say the better defender at this stage of their careers. That pass in game 1 that resulted in the Ariza steal might've hurt Carter mentally. Didn't look all that great in game 2.

DuMa
05-22-2009, 03:46 PM
both AC and Dahntay Jones are useless in this series.

NugzFan
05-22-2009, 03:50 PM

kobe can say or do whatever he wants and wont get a tech.

he whines after every single call.

crisoner
05-22-2009, 04:57 PM
kobe can say or do whatever he wants and wont get a tech.

he whines after every single call.

It's just not Kobe...it's a technique this generation of NBA stars have picked up.
Part of the game now. People need to stop b*tching about the b*tching.

mbell75
05-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Yeah they certainly played well when they lost 79-90 and shot 29%.

Great assessment :applause:

You are an idiot. One game means nothing, try looking at all the others past 5 years...

mbell75
05-22-2009, 05:01 PM
The Lakers didn't play great. Their starting PG was 1-9. Bynum played 18 minutes. It's never a good thing when Ariza is their second leading scorer. And still, they were in position to win this game. But a few boneheaded decisions by Phil (taking Kobe out of the game in the 4th quarter) and a few blown calls went against them.

So if the Nuggets feel like they gave away game one, the Lakers most definitely gave away game two. As long as tomorrow's game doesn't come down to the officials deciding it in the final minutes, we'll be perfectly fine.

Exactly. When that game where Kobe, Gasol and Odom all play well the same night comes, Nuggets are getting blown out. Hope it happens in Denver too :lol

crisoner
05-22-2009, 05:03 PM
IMO the team that win the next at least 2 of three will take the series.
Get your sh*t right Lakers...NEED to steal one in Denver for damn sho.

OneMoreSucka
05-22-2009, 05:04 PM
You are an idiot. One game means nothing, try looking at all the others past 5 years...
Try looking at the teams the past 5 years. They mean absolutely nothing.

Rockets(T-mac)
05-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Denver is a tough minded team now. I thought they would fold after being down by 14 in the first half, but they have really showed a lot toughness. Kleiza played well yesterday, they are going to need him more.

cotdt
05-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Denver is a tough minded team now. I thought they would fold after being down by 14 in the first half, but they have really showed a lot toughness. Kleiza played well yesterday, they are going to need him more.

Not really, it's not the Nuggets that beat the Lakers, it's the Lakers who beat themselves.

Rockets(T-mac)
05-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Not really, it's not the Nuggets that beat the Lakers, it's the Lakers who beat themselves.
Yeah, of course...

D-Rose
05-22-2009, 06:35 PM
Nah, Lakers played a decent game, Denver just made the important plays down the stretch. This wasn't like any of the Rockets losses, this was when the other team was just more talented and better on that night.

B
05-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Not really, it's not the Nuggets that beat the Lakers, it's the Lakers who beat themselves.Go away with that crap. Give credit where credit is due. The Nuggets won that game. the Lakers played a solid game but they fell short, the Nuggets made the big plays when they needed them. Nothing wrong admitting our team got beat staright up.

Great post from John Ireland on his blog today.

May 22, 2009 12:00 AM
Dead Even
Posted by John_Ireland

I've watched a lot of playoff basketball, and I can't remember a time I've watched a series that has been as close as this one after two games. I mean, this is freakishly close.

Consider this:

--The series is tied 1-1.

--The overall combined score of both games is Denver 209, and the Lakers 208.

--After two games, Carmelo Anthony has scored 73 points, and Kobe Bryant 72.

Game one was close, coming down to the final buzzer. Then, after both teams made adjustments, game two was even closer than game one. This almost never happens, but check this out:

--The Lakers had 43 rebounds (13 offensive), while the Nuggets had 42 rebounds (14 offensive).

--The Lakers had 21 assists, while the Nuggets had 20.

--The Lakers had 13 turnovers, while the Nuggets had 14.

--Denver made 29 free throws, while the Lakers made 27. Each team missed eight free throws.

--Denver made seven three-pointers, while the Lakers made six.

--Denver shot 44% from the field, while the Lakers shot 45%.

--Each team had exactly nine steals.

The bottom line is that this is one of those series in which every possession could be the one that decides the game. The team that executes down the stretch and hits big shots will win, and every mistake could cost a team the game. Free throws will be critical.

Enjoy it while it lasts, it doesn't come along very often.

http://cbslocalblogs.prospero.com/n/blogs/blog.aspx?webtag=KCBS_Ireland

mbell75
05-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Try looking at the teams the past 5 years. They mean absolutely nothing.

Oh really? Then why is it that Phil Jackson coached teams are 42-0 in a series when winning game one? Hes coached two COMPLETELY different teams in different conferences. Why is it the Nuggets are 0-8 and Karl coached teams are 0-9 in a series when losing game 1? Some things just stay consistent over the years...like the Lakers owning the Nuggets :D

w00terz
05-22-2009, 07:30 PM

:roll:

:hammertime:

lilo
05-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Nah, Lakers played a decent game, Denver just made the important plays down the stretch. This wasn't like any of the Rockets losses, this was when the other team was just more talented and better on that night.

Is not this the scariest part? Lakers are supposed to be the more talented team and if they are not then what's left, team chemistry?

OneMoreSucka
05-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Oh really? Then why is it that Phil Jackson coached teams are 42-0 in a series when winning game one? Hes coached two COMPLETELY different teams in different conferences. Why is it the Nuggets are 0-8 and Karl coached teams are 0-9 in a series when losing game 1? Some things just stay consistent over the years...like the Lakers owning the Nuggets :D
Who has homecourt advantage again?

Oh yeah.

mbell75
05-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Who has homecourt advantage again?

Oh yeah.

Who has been the best road team all year and took homecourt right back in game 3 of the last series? Oh yea...You Nugget homers who think the Lakers cant win in Denver are in for a huge surprise lol

nashisbest
05-23-2009, 02:11 AM
billups passing the ball to himself using kobe's back AND hitting the layup was one of the best plays i've ever seen

OneMoreSucka
05-23-2009, 02:17 AM
Who has been the best road team all year and took homecourt right back in game 3 of the last series? Oh yea...You Nugget homers who think the Lakers cant win in Denver are in for a huge surprise lol
Who's 2-3 on the road this post season with all the losses being blowouts? Ah, that's right. And those atmospheres aren't close to Denver's, literally and figuratively.

You Lakers idiots, not homers, will be heartbroken. Unbelievable how everyone still thinks Denver will crack at some point.

It's cool though.

Any intelligent laker fans want to talk? I'm tired of this kid stalking my posts.

w00terz
05-23-2009, 02:20 AM
Game 3 is going to be intense. I think either team has a good shot at taking it, we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what happens. Can't wait. :rockon:

OneMoreSucka
05-23-2009, 02:21 AM
Nuggets by 59, book it.

tsforthrees
05-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Nuggets by 59, book it.
:applause:

3-1 Denver going back to LA

Nuggets in six

Phil first series loss winning game 1

George first series win losing game 1

BOOK IT.

nbastatus
05-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Who's 2-3 on the road this post season with all the losses being blowouts? Ah, that's right. And those atmospheres aren't close to Denver's, literally and figuratively.

You Lakers idiots, not homers, will be heartbroken. Unbelievable how everyone still thinks Denver will crack at some point.

It's cool though.

Any intelligent laker fans want to talk? I'm tired of this kid stalking my posts.
im not an intelligent laker fan nor im a homer.
you can talk to me!

OneMoreSucka
05-23-2009, 02:15 PM
:applause:

3-1 Denver going back to LA

Nuggets in six

Phil first series loss winning game 1

George first series win losing game 1

BOOK IT.How awesome would that be. I see that coming too. End of an era...

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-23-2009, 02:34 PM
How awesome would that be. I see that coming too. End of an era...
and the begining of a new one? :roll:

blackification
05-23-2009, 04:29 PM
damn the series is this close statistic wise without JR smith showing up yet and billups having mediocre shooting nights?

cotdt
05-23-2009, 04:32 PM
and billups having mediocre shooting nights?

billups is shooting bad because Kobe is owning him on the defense

OneMoreSucka
05-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Not surprisingly. He's bigger, quicker, and has more length to disrupt him. I actually like Phil's matchup there. Who knows what this series would be like if Billups went off every game.

blackification
05-23-2009, 05:07 PM
thats true jackson has to choose who he wants to go off carmelo or billups. Unless ariza or someone else steps up and shuts down carmelo because like we saw kobe can't guard them both.

cotdt
05-23-2009, 05:23 PM
And Billups scored 27 points which is not exactly mediocre either. JR Smith is simply playing injured. He's not gonna get better in tonight's game. That said, I conclude that Nuggets are already playing at their peaks.

NugzFan
05-23-2009, 05:30 PM
And Billups scored 27 points which is not exactly mediocre either. JR Smith is simply playing injured. He's not gonna get better in tonight's game. That said, I conclude that Nuggets are already playing at their peaks.

at our peaks?! :wtf:

w00terz
05-23-2009, 05:31 PM
I'm not going to make any predictions, I'm just going to wait and see what happens.