PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Charlotte Bobcats fan forum!

Pages : [1] 2

Timmeh
10-09-2006, 03:05 PM
This is your spot to talk Charlotte Bobcats basketball. Feel free to post news articles, stats or anything pertaining to the Bobcats in this forum. As moderator of this forum I will not tolerate threads or posts that may be derogatory toward the team in any manner. Also, personal attacks about someone's opinion will not be tolerated. If you disagree with someone, speak your opinion, don't say that they're retarded because it might be you who is retarded.

Thank you and have a great day.

UPDATE: I'm cracking down on posters that come in and either bash the team or other posters. We have a good group of people here like Onewickedlady, tarheelborn, scorrison, liverpooty, bobcat4ever, spectre and others who come in here with the sole purpose of talking Bobcats basketball. I read every thread and every post and if I see something that isn't positive for the board, I'm deleting it. I don't care if you post it a million times, I'll still delete it.

I love how other ISH posters recognize this forum as one of the cleanest, most educated forums on the site, and I want to keep it that way. During the season I expect a lot of action in here, so if I happen to miss something, click this button http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/buttons/report.gif on your screen and the system sends me an e-mail about the post. If something offends you, tell me and I will be more than happy to get rid of it. You guys are my online family and I wish only the best and most enjoyable experience to you.

Hawker
10-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Why cant someone speak about someone sucking on the team? Thats sort of lame.

Timmeh
10-09-2006, 03:12 PM
It's not that, because I understand that there are guys on the Bobcats team like Burleson and Robinson who aren't the best players per say. But for someone to come in and make some smart ass remark, no, I'm not going to have that.

BullsBigMan29
10-09-2006, 04:35 PM
This is your spot to talk Charlotte Bobcats basketball. Feel free to post news articles, stats or anything pertaining to the Bobcats in this forum. As moderator of this forum I will not tolerate threads or posts that may be derogatory toward the team in any manner. Also, personal attacks about someone's opinion will not be tolerated. If you disagree with someone, speak your opinion, don't say that they're retarded because it might be you who is retarded.

Thank you and have a great day.

Good call, I'm a Bulls fan and have recieved nothing but love on here.

Why cant someone speak about someone sucking on the team?

I'm sorry but that's funny.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
10-14-2006, 08:46 PM
how did you sticky the thread? i've been trying to do that on the Nets forum

RainierBeachPoet
11-09-2006, 07:58 AM
hello bobcat fans

looking forward to the sonics coming to play you. we had a tough last second loss last night in orlando; we threw away a couple of games in the last minutes this season already

any predictions on the sonics-bobcats? do you guys ever think about the west coast teams like the sonics/warriors/kings?

i like okafor a lot--- a great guy to build a franchise around

Timmeh
11-09-2006, 04:01 PM
The games against the Sonics and Kings will be very good IMO because each team has good matchups. The Warriors on the other hand just don't have anyone except for maybe Baron Davis having a slight advantage over Felton but I doubt it. Wallace can easily outplay JRich.

RainierBeachPoet
11-10-2006, 06:21 AM
The games against the Sonics and Kings will be very good IMO because each team has good matchups. The Warriors on the other hand just don't have anyone except for maybe Baron Davis having a slight advantage over Felton but I doubt it. Wallace can easily outplay JRich.

i have yet to see morrison play. i think that rashard will give him problems because of his inside and outside capabilities; and this might be the key to the game.

how has morrison looked so far?

Timmeh
11-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Morrison has been just what we expected him to be. He's putting up the points we need and his defense has been better than predicted.

onewickedlady
11-23-2006, 10:45 PM
What's with Walter Hermann? I haven't seen him nor heard his name mentioned for weeks, it seems.

Timmeh
11-23-2006, 10:50 PM
He's played a couple minutes, just hasn't done anything.

onewickedlady
11-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Great game vs Nets. Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

onewickedlady
11-29-2006, 02:42 AM
What's with Walter Hermann? I haven't seen him nor heard his name mentioned for weeks, it seems.

Apparently he's having problems with his work visa.

onewickedlady
12-03-2006, 10:12 PM
Tonight against the Pistons we saw what our Cats can do. It was terrific seeing the guys being confident and aggressive. Is there a magic pill that they can take so that they can repeat this performance about fifty more times? Ok well maybe 40. For me I will no longer talk about getting rid of anybody (players/coach) and just go with the flow.

onewickedlady
12-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Pitiful. Just pitiful.

bballer
01-01-2007, 10:38 AM
they just beat the lakers

onewickedlady
01-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Halftime with Cats ahead 45 to 35. The game was supposed to be televised but it must have gotten bumped. So I'm following it on Yahoo!

Timmeh
01-10-2007, 10:59 PM
it came on in Goldsboro on MY RDC 28 (old UPN)

onewickedlady
01-14-2007, 10:16 PM
I understand that this game isn't televised. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Any thoughts on what the Cats face during tomorrows game?
(Cats are now #26 of 30 in league rank.)

onewickedlady
02-14-2007, 08:29 PM
A question unrelated to previous posts:

Are there any teams that the Cats haven't beat over the past three seasons? If so, which teams?

Timmeh
02-14-2007, 09:52 PM
I know there are a couple. I want to say that the Bucks are one but I'm not sure.

onewickedlady
02-15-2007, 12:49 AM
I know there are a couple. I want to say that the Bucks are one but I'm not sure.

Regarding which teams, if any, against which the Cats are win-less----
I emailed Rick Bonnell and asked him that question. If I am lucky enough to get a response, then I will post his answer here.

onewickedlady
03-23-2007, 01:56 PM
This may be the wrong place for this post but Bobcat4ever doesn't have his thread up for tonight's game, yet. Anyway, would someone please tell me WHY Brezec is playing opposite Dalembert? Does BB want to lose this game?

Bobcat4Ever
03-23-2007, 03:53 PM
This may be the wrong place for this post but Bobcat4ever doesn't have his thread up for tonight's game, yet. Anyway, would someone please tell me WHY Brezec is playing opposite Dalembert? Does BB want to lose this game?

Didn't have time to do it this morning. I just got home from school and am working on it right now.

onewickedlady
03-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Didn't have time to do it this morning. I just got home from school and am working on it right now.

At your convenience. Your work is appreciated. Any comments on my comment?

Timmeh
03-23-2007, 10:52 PM
BB is a moron. Brezec sucks but he's too stupid to realize that.

onewickedlady
04-08-2007, 11:27 PM
I think that the Cats have now tied a record for games won by a 3rd year franchise team. For sure the team didn't want to blow another game as they did against the Pacers. I'll be going to Tuesday night's game against the Heat at Bobcats Arena. That will be win #32 won't it..........

onewickedlady
04-09-2007, 02:36 AM
I've got a 6th row seat which may be too close depending upon if G-Dub has a high-flyin' night.

Timmeh
04-09-2007, 07:49 PM
you're so lucky

onewickedlady
04-09-2007, 07:58 PM
you're so lucky

Yes I am. And all of our forum group should be able to one day go to the games when you want to. It's a nice reward for working hard.

Bobcat4Ever
04-10-2007, 09:28 AM
I had like a 4th row seat one time to the Bobcats games against the Lakers (my other favorite team). I was able to talk to BK and get an autograph from Kobe. Very cool.

onewickedlady
04-10-2007, 10:10 AM
I had like a 4th row seat one time to the Bobcats games against the Lakers (my other favorite team). I was able to talk to BK and get an autograph from Kobe. Very cool.

Very cool!

onewickedlady
04-24-2007, 12:00 AM
Is there a specific schedule that the NBA folks follow regarding the awards (best coach, MVP and all that) or are these things announced at random times?

Timmeh
04-24-2007, 06:47 PM
I think there's a specific order.

onewickedlady
05-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Regarding today's upcoming announcement of the all-rookie teams---what is this for?

onewickedlady
05-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Stache and the Claw (Herrmann) both made all-rookie second team!!!!!

The Italian
05-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Congrats to both Morrison and Herrman. :cheers:

onewickedlady
06-07-2007, 02:47 PM
So does anyone have an idea of which players the Cats will be auditioning for the upcoming draft? The rumors talk about the other teams and which players they are interested in but I'm in the dark about our team. Then it does seem that the Cats mgmt is operating out of the limelight and maybe that's intentional......

liverpooty
06-08-2007, 12:25 AM
Corey Brewer, Thaddeous Young, Jeff Green and someone else is going to hold a workout together I believe.

onewickedlady
06-20-2007, 03:00 PM
John-Blair Bickerstaff has a new job. I believe that I read that he'll be an asst coach for the Timberwolves. Good to know that he's working somewhere!!

Timmeh
08-17-2007, 11:09 PM
Read the first post for the update.

onewickedlady
08-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Read the first post for the update.

Thanks for the reminder.

onewickedlady
09-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Having been away from everything basketball-related for over two weeks, I'm trying to figure out what's happened with the Cats roster in the past couple of weeks. I just checked the roster on the official Bobcats web site and I see that both DA and AA are still listed which keeps the number of players at 16. Have I missed anything of significance or are we still in a holding pattern waiting to see which Anderson the team will pick and what other moves, if any, will be made?

TarHeelBorn
09-25-2007, 06:59 PM
They won't update that roster until after training camp and the official roster is set for the season. Vincent is looking to add a "bruiser" under the basket but there have been no actual moves.

~spectre~
09-25-2007, 10:20 PM
I think AA got signed by a Euro team? God smiles down upon us and plants the notion in the Bobcats' head to get Harrinton to retire (praise the Lord!) as his knee still isn't healed...and we've offered a contract to Batista along with Indiana and Boston.

Felton also says May is a changed man and motivated beyond belief (or something like that).

onewickedlady
09-25-2007, 10:36 PM
I think AA got signed by a Euro team? God smiles down upon us and plants the notion in the Bobcats' head to get Harrinton to retire (praise the Lord!) as his knee still isn't healed...and we've offered a contract to Batista along with Indiana and Boston.

Felton also says May is a changed man and motivated beyond belief (or something like that).

Before I left on my trip I read that AA was likely to be signed by the Cavs. Did that fall through? (If May hasn't changed for the better the man's got to be smart enough to realize that his NBA career would likely be over.)

I just broke the piggy bank and went on to Stub Hub to purchase tickets for the Cats/Bucks season opener!

Bobcat4Ever
09-26-2007, 07:30 AM
Before I left on my trip I read that AA was likely to be signed by the Cavs. Did that fall through? (If May hasn't changed for the better the man's got to be smart enough to realize that his NBA career would likely be over.)

I just broke the piggy bank and went on to Stub Hub to purchase tickets for the Cats/Bucks season opener!

Congratulations on your ticket purchase! AA hasn't been signed (yet).

~spectre~
09-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Not with Cleveland, but with a Euro team according to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Anderson):

On September 13, 2007, he signed a contract with Italian giants VidiVici Bologna

Speaking of which:

One of MSU's best ballhandlers, he was the primary point guard his junior season. Anderson as a college senior averaged 13.2 points, 5.5 rebounds and 1.6 assists. All-Big Team honors.

I didn't realize that. He never really showed that much handle with us did he?

ILuvThisGame
09-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Not with Cleveland, but with a Euro team according to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Anderson):

Speaking of which:

I didn't realize that. He never really showed that much handle with us did he?

when did he ever get on the floor long enough to handle the ball?

~spectre~
09-26-2007, 10:11 PM
when did he ever get on the floor long enough to handle the ball?

Heh, good point!

I did like AA, LOVED his man D and his outside shot...but the boy got injured by just stepping on the court.

Batista just signed a non-guaranteed deal with the Celtics (does this mean our offer was non-guaranteed as well, or did he pass up a sure thing for a "maybe"?), so it's really getting down to scraps. We worked out Potapenko, but that dude is flat pitiful. I guess I'm leaning towards Marc Jackson...least he can hit FTs.

onewickedlady
09-27-2007, 12:37 AM
A blurb on RealGM, dated Sept 14, states that AA signed a two-year contract with Virtus Bologna. A blurb on the same date also states that Sam Vincent favors re-signing DA. Well, maybe by the end of February we Cats fans will know which end is up as far as our roster is concerned.............

Timmeh
09-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Hopefully we'll know by training camp what our roster will be.

onewickedlady
11-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Why are fans so divided over Felton? Some fans and sports writers seem to think that he's garbage and some think that he's very good. At this point in his career can we still expect him to improve in this and subsequent seasons?

Timmeh
11-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Yes. He's always improving. I haven't figured out why everyone is so critical of him, I haven't seen a lot of superstardom potential that people are claiming, but I haven't seen a lot of negatives either.

onewickedlady
11-04-2007, 08:19 PM
I certainly hope that the automatic-Touche-dissers have noticed what he has contributed to the first two games.

onewickedlady
11-10-2007, 05:15 PM
The Magic have been granted an injury exception because they have a player who will be out for the duration of the season so they are looking to sign an FA or whomever. Well, the Cats have two players out for the season. Why has the FO not requested an injury exception so that they can sign players to temporarily replace May and Morrison?

Any thoughts on the matter?

onewickedlady
11-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Right now the Cats are 5th in the Eastern Conference.

TarHeelBorn
11-10-2007, 09:32 PM
The Magic have been granted an injury exception because they have a player who will be out for the duration of the season so they are looking to sign an FA or whomever. Well, the Cats have two players out for the season. Why has the FO not requested an injury exception so that they can sign players to temporarily replace May and Morrison?

Any thoughts on the matter?
No idea, sounds like crap to me.

onewickedlady
11-10-2007, 10:17 PM
No idea, sounds like crap to me.

I'm confused by your comment. Please explain.

TarHeelBorn
11-11-2007, 11:41 AM
In other words, I think that if Orlando can get that injury relief and sign another player, we should be able to as well...

onewickedlady
11-19-2007, 05:18 PM
What should we expect from tonight's game against Portland?

onewickedlady
12-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Timmeh--in response to how you handled HOH in that other thread--forget journalism. The State Department could use you as a foreign diplomat.

Timmeh
12-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Haha, thanks for the compliment. I seriously couldn't handle that though. I cant understand some people's English sometimes so foreign broken English definitely wouldn't work for me.

onewickedlady
12-19-2007, 06:14 PM
How do I get an avatar? :offtopic: :banana: (I like these little guys.)

Timmeh
12-19-2007, 06:24 PM
1. Find an image you would like to use and save it to your computer.

2. Go to www.tinypic.com and upload the picture. The site will give you an "IMG URL" for your picture.

3. Go to the "User CP" at the top left of the page.

4. Go to "Edit Avatar" on the left side.

5. Under "Use Custom Avatar," enter the URL.

Now, I havent tried directly uploading from my computer to ISH but you can try it to see if it works. I can't guarantee that method, but the one above is how I got mine.

onewickedlady
12-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Tonight's game v the Wizards not being televised so what do we do? Put up with the sucky NBA audio and slow as molasses play-by-plays from Yahoo? Can answer me privately if need be.

liverpooty
12-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Im going to watch the game through an illegal link. Go to http://forum.myp2p.eu/viewforum.php?id=4 and go to forums from there.

When a link is posted you have to be quick and click on it literally seconds after it is posted or it will not work. So be ready to hit refresh 419 times.

onewickedlady
01-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Just wondering if there any serious chances that the FO might make some player moves prior to Feb 21st? Anything other than just our wishful thinking? I mean, there are PGs available..................................

~spectre~
01-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Just wondering if there any serious chances that the FO might make some player moves prior to Feb 21st? Anything other than just our wishful thinking? I mean, there are PGs available..................................

Think either D-League PG or maybe even a Euro.

Word has it that we were VERY interested in bringing in CJ Watson for the 15th spot but GSW beat us to the punch.

Felton in '08
01-11-2008, 05:25 PM
where did that word come from?

~spectre~
01-11-2008, 06:00 PM
where did that word come from?

F08 that's the best I can give you, so take it FWIW. I consider the the source pretty darn sound, but :confusedshrug:

onewickedlady
01-14-2008, 11:09 PM
Can someone please explain to me why Nasr is pronounced as if it's spelled Nasi?
Thanks.

TarHeelBorn
01-15-2008, 01:45 PM
No idea, but I would think you would spell it Naz-i but we all know why that wouldn't work (if you take out the - ).

onewickedlady
01-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Has the All-Star starter roster been published somewhere? I've looked around and haven't located it yet.

Timmeh
01-24-2008, 09:17 PM
The starters were just announced today, but that's it.

bballer
01-24-2008, 09:51 PM
soon enough, two or three cats will be on that team

onewickedlady
01-31-2008, 06:01 PM
So when/where do we find out who the All Star reserve players are?

Timmeh
01-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Probably a week from now. I really don't know.

Bobcat4Ever
02-01-2008, 09:00 AM
So when/where do we find out who the All Star reserve players are?

They were named last night on TNT. I was going to tell you guys about it around 6:30 last night but the site wasn't loading????

http://www.nba.com/allstar2008/reserves_080131.html

bballer
02-01-2008, 09:33 AM
They were named last night on TNT. I was going to tell you guys about it around 6:30 last night but the site wasn't loading????

http://www.nba.com/allstar2008/reserves_080131.html
it is funny how shaq didnt make the team, breaking his 14 year streak.:ohwell:

onewickedlady
02-01-2008, 12:44 PM
So what does Gerald Wallace have to do to be taken seriously? Perhaps it'll take some of the older guys retiring before there's a spot for G-Dub as an All Star. He certainly should garner some Player of the Month accolades, though.

Timmeh
02-02-2008, 01:09 PM
There's nothing more Wallace can do. He's screwed because Charlotte has no market.

AJ Styles 4Ever
02-12-2008, 07:53 PM
Would you guys try Haslem for Okafor?

TarHeelBorn
02-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Would you guys try Haslem for Okafor?
Hell no!

Timmeh
02-12-2008, 09:46 PM
I tried thinking of some sort of comparison to relate to this, but it was so lopsided it was just too hard.

Okafor for Haslem? Maybe with Wade or Marion.

The Big Three
02-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Hell no!

Haha, dude's been trying to get practically every team in the league to take Haslem today. He claims he wants a youth movement, but Haslem's only like 27. :oldlol:

~spectre~
02-13-2008, 10:14 AM
I'd do Haslem for Dudley & Ammo.

That could be a "youth movement" for Miami. :banana:

onewickedlady
09-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Can someone come up with a good explanation of why the Cats re-signed Ryan Hollins? He's been a work in progress since he was drafted and he is still (underlined with explanation points) a work in progress after what--two or three seasons? :confusedshrug:

BTW--the picture of Sean May that I just saw has him looking like something other than the Pillsbury Dough Boy. Maybe we'll get good sustained play from him this season.

Timmeh
09-11-2008, 04:22 PM
You know how the Charlotte media is...maybe Hollins is doing something that the coaches like, and the media hasn't seen it.

onewickedlady
09-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Does anyone agree with Bonnell that even with LB as coach that the Cats will only win another four games, maybe possibly seven, over last season? If that's the truth then why oh why did the FO even bother to get rid of Vincent............

Bobcat4Ever
09-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Does anyone agree with Bonnell that even with LB as coach that the Cats will only win another four games, maybe possibly seven, over last season? If that's the truth then why oh why did the FO even bother to get rid of Vincent............

I see us winning more than that. From what i've seen, the players are excited to get this season underway and to be coached by Brown. I am just way too optimistic to think we will have another sub-par season. I mean at some point SOMETHING has to go our way...

Timmeh
09-29-2008, 08:14 PM
I'd have to say we'd win at least 10 more games than with Vincent...and that's just with LB as coach. With the optimism and motivation of everyone on the team, 15 more wins isn't out of the question.

rufuspaul
09-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Okay, assuming we keep May healthy enough to contribute up to the trade deadline, I can see us winning 44 games and sneaking into the last playoff spot.

onewickedlady
10-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Unfortunately I'm not finding anything positive to report. Is there anything that can be done to keep fans from feeling dismal? Well, one of the broadcasters from last night's game said that LBs teams appear to get worse initially but then they "get it" and take a big leap towards improvement. I want to find some thing to hang on to.

:ohwell:

~spectre~
10-24-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm sure you heard what Doug Collins said the other night; Larry Brown teams always get a little worse before they get better. No doubt that's due to the flood of information they have to digest and then execute.

What I'm seeing from the guys right now offensively is confusion, most likely mixing up the plays in their heads and just trying to go against nature (in other words what they've been doing the last 4 years) and trying to play Brown's way. It's going to take some time.

I think we start slow but finish well. How soon the players grasp the system will depend on how quickly that transition happens.

IMO the defense is showing great signs of improvement. Up til the blowout I thought we did an outstanding job on D for the most part.

Except for May. He was pure liability the entire 7 minutes he played.

onewickedlady
10-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Up til the blowout I thought we did an outstanding job on D for the most part. Except for May. He was pure liability the entire 7 minutes he played.

Probably why the Charlotte Observer reports that Andre Brown may start at PF when the season opens.

onewickedlady
11-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Got my ticket for Raptors@Cats for Sunday Nov 9th. Probably the only game I'll attend this year so Timmeh--work your magic so our guys will win!

onewickedlady
11-02-2008, 10:20 PM
What about Al Harrington? I believe he has two seasons left on his contract--one year at 9mil+ and the other year at 10mil+. He's a PF of starting quality-- and wants to be traded from the GSW. How would we go about something like that? Do we have to have someone(s) that Golden State would want in return or do we just take on his contract with a $ sweetener for GS?

Comments please.

Timmeh
11-02-2008, 11:48 PM
If anything, May and Carroll would be perfect to ship him off to. But I don't know.

onewickedlady
11-02-2008, 11:53 PM
It would serve May right to be dumped. Selfish slob. He could have gotten himself in shape. Instead he jeopardized the team's season just so he could get paid for doing nothing. Now Carroll I'm surprised about. Ever since landing his recent contract his attitude and quality of play seem to have changed for the worse. Maybe LB is thinking AH in return for Matty and the selfish slob.............

onewickedlady
11-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Got my ticket for Raptors@Cats for Sunday Nov 9th. Probably the only game I'll attend this year so Timmeh--work your magic so our guys will win!

So who wants to meet early for a sweet tea? Or beer if you're so inclined.

TarCat
11-03-2008, 11:32 PM
So who wants to meet early for a sweet tea? Or beer if you're so inclined.

Where is your seat?

I do not know about meeting for sweet tea because we have not decided whether we are attending early church or the traditional service. Let me know where you are meeting in case I can make it.

onewickedlady
11-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Where is your seat?

I do not know about meeting for sweet tea because we have not decided whether we are attending early church or the traditional service. Let me know where you are meeting in case I can make it.

I'm in section 105 row A seat 22. I'll be leaving home at 10am Sunday morning for the arena. I'll check my email before leaving home and if I haven't heard from you then I'll assume you went to Church and perhaps we'll meet another time. Does that sound like a plan?

TarCat
11-04-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm in section 105 row A seat 22. I'll be leaving home at 10am Sunday morning for the arena. I'll check my email before leaving home and if I haven't heard from you then I'll assume you went to Church and perhaps we'll meet another time. Does that sound like a plan?

This sounds like a plan.

Are you going to eat lunch outside the arena? If so, where?

Charles will not be the usher in that section on Sunday so I do not think that I will be able to visit the inner circle where you are seated (in case we do not meet before the game).

I am in section 101 row L seat 14.

onewickedlady
11-05-2008, 12:06 PM
This sounds like a plan.

Are you going to eat lunch outside the arena? If so, where?

Charles will not be the usher in that section on Sunday so I do not think that I will be able to visit the inner circle where you are seated (in case we do not meet before the game).

I am in section 101 row L seat 14.

Why would you not be able to visit the area where I'm sitting? I don't know anything about it other than my husband wanted me to get a good seat because it's my birthday present. Since I'm only drinking liquids and eating pudding it's doubtful that I'll do anything either before or after the game except drive from W-S to Charlotte and back to W-S.

TarCat
11-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Why would you not be able to visit the area where I'm sitting? I don't know anything about it other than my husband wanted me to get a good seat because it's my birthday present. Since I'm only drinking liquids and eating pudding it's doubtful that I'll do anything either before or after the game except drive from W-S to Charlotte and back to W-S.

We received a call before the beginning of the season telling us that we could not access inner circle areas(sections 104-105-106 and 113-114-115). My husband and I were allowed to use the Backcourt restrooms for the past two years and were told that we could not do that anymore. Therefore, we relocated to row L from row A, not as many steps to climb to go to the restroom...LOL.

onewickedlady
11-05-2008, 04:04 PM
We received a call before the beginning of the season telling us that we could not access inner circle areas(sections 104-105-106 and 113-114-115). My husband and I were allowed to use the Backcourt restrooms for the past two years and were told that we could not do that anymore. Therefore, we relocated to row L from row A, not as many steps to climb to go to the restroom...LOL.

Let me see if I get this right. You and your husband have been season ticket holders for years and yet you are not good enough to use the good bathrooms....... I think you should piss on the damned court. (Excuse me but it's my west coast breeding that allows me to say such a thing).

:wtf:

onewickedlady
11-06-2008, 04:31 AM
I believe that I've come to one important conclusion about our team. Teams that win consistently have players who are consistent in their play. You know what to expect from them night in and night out. While our guys can show some pretty spectacular play at times, we will never win consistently when for example G-Force gets 34 points one night, six points another night, fourteen points another night. Ditto with our other guys and their stats. Do I make my point? We don't know who is going to show up each game. With rare exception. We can probably count on Okafor to average his double doubles and we can count on Augustine and Shannon Brown and Dudley to come out and play their best but there is no standard of play, no basic realistic expectation of performance. Every game is "lets see who shows up" and "lets see what %tage of them shows up." This situation has to be remedied. But how?

rufuspaul
11-06-2008, 04:09 PM
I believe that I've come to one important conclusion about our team. Teams that win consistently have players who are consistent in their play. You know what to expect from them night in and night out. While our guys can show some pretty spectacular play at times, we will never win consistently when for example G-Force gets 34 points one night, six points another night, fourteen points another night. Ditto with our other guys and their stats. Do I make my point? We don't know who is going to show up each game. With rare exception. We can probably count on Okafor to average his double doubles and we can count on Augustine and Shannon Brown and Dudley to come out and play their best but there is no standard of play, no basic realistic expectation of performance. Every game is "lets see who shows up" and "lets see what %tage of them shows up." This situation has to be remedied. But how?

A lot of it is inherent in the game, matchups and positions. Usually a team will have one or two rocks that get pretty much the same numbers every night. All the others are variable depending on the matchups, play calling, etc. And then, of course, sometimes the shot just isn't falling. Right now Mek is our rock, both offensively and defensively. I think in LB's system, he really doesn't care who else is scoring as long as it happens while we play good team defense. The Knicks game was as balanced as our scoring has been among the starters yet. I think we're coming along.

onewickedlady
11-07-2008, 10:37 PM
A lot of it is inherent in the game, matchups and positions. Usually a team will have one or two rocks that get pretty much the same numbers every night. All the others are variable depending on the matchups, play calling, etc. And then, of course, sometimes the shot just isn't falling. Right now Mek is our rock, both offensively and defensively. I think in LB's system, he really doesn't care who else is scoring as long as it happens while we play good team defense. The Knicks game was as balanced as our scoring has been among the starters yet. I think we're coming along.

Okay so I listened to the commentary tonight a bit more than usual and I think that I understand what you're saying. That doesn't mean that I believe that consistency of play is less important I just understand your point better because it was illustrated by Gerald Wallace's play tonight--helping to win the game on defense rather than offense.

onewickedlady
11-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Can anyone tell me why we still have Ryan Hollins?

rufuspaul
11-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Can anyone tell me why we still have Ryan Hollins?

He's actually been playing with some zest of late, especially against Utah and Dallas.

onewickedlady
12-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Busy weekend. Go Bobcats! Go Panthers!
:banana:
(I just love these little guys)

Bobcat4Ever
12-20-2008, 12:52 PM
Would love for a winning weekend for Charlotte teams. 2 Bobcat wins and a Panther win!

onewickedlady
12-20-2008, 03:34 PM
So Sean May is out indefinitely. Our worst fears realized. Now who the he** is going to take him off of our hands..................:banghead:

onewickedlady
01-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Will we have a CatCast tonight?

Bobcat4Ever
01-04-2009, 12:13 AM
OWL, I was really busy today but i'm glad you made a CatCast. All of yall please feel free to make a gamethread, I don't always have to be the one to do them :D

onewickedlady
01-04-2009, 12:26 AM
OWL, I was really busy today but i'm glad you made a CatCast. All of yall please feel free to make a gamethread, I don't always have to be the one to do them :D

We would do a better job if we--at least I--knew where/how to find the links that you use and get them into a message here.

Bobcat4Ever
01-04-2009, 12:36 AM
We would do a better job if we--at least I--knew where/how to find the links that you use and get them into a message here.

All the images come from ESPN.com

I get the team logo's from the Preview under "NBA Scoreboard" and I get all the player photos from the team clubhouse page on espn.com

onewickedlady
01-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Do we have any chance of winning tonight's game?

liverpooty
01-06-2009, 02:14 PM
We sure do.

Charlotte 98
Boston 95

We always play Boston exceptionally well. I just hope Ray Allen doesnt put another dagger in us like he did last year.

onewickedlady
01-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Well tonight we have the pleasure (?) of watching both of our teams play. It's a good thing that the Bobcats are playing out-of-town because that way they aren't disheartened because everyone is at the Panthers game rather than at Time-Warner Arena!!

onewickedlady
01-19-2009, 11:00 PM
There's a thread on the Mavs forum posing a (hopefully) hypothetical scenario. Posted by someone who's from Chicago, he asks if anyone would go for trading gordon for Crash. :oldlol: :oldlol:

Timmeh
01-19-2009, 11:57 PM
Just saw it, I'll probably go share my opinion.

onewickedlady
01-28-2009, 08:41 PM
On who may replace our injured Crash: (Thanks to Bonnell who surely has redeemed himself of late).

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2009/01/sources-bobcats-close-to-signing-cartier-martin.html
January 28, 2009
Sources: Bobcats close to signing Cartier Martin

I haven

Bobcat4Ever
01-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Looks like it's a done deal

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20090128/SPORTS04/90128035/-1/ENT06

onewickedlady
01-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Looks like it's a done deal

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20090128/SPORTS04/90128035/-1/ENT06

I think it's great that the team moved so quickly on this.
Given this guy's stats, if he can perform then this doesn't look good for Ammo as far as minutes go.

onewickedlady
01-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Please explain "Bird Rights." Simply, please.
Thanks.

rufuspaul
01-29-2009, 12:15 PM
[quote=onewickedlady]On who may replace our injured Crash: (Thanks to Bonnell who surely has redeemed himself of late).

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2009/01/sources-bobcats-close-to-signing-cartier-martin.html
January 28, 2009
Sources: Bobcats close to signing Cartier Martin

I haven

onewickedlady
01-30-2009, 01:48 AM
Please explain "Bird Rights." Simply, please.
Thanks.

Thank you Wikipedia.

onewickedlady
02-28-2009, 04:13 PM
The Cats have four back-to-backs next month (March). What the referees don't do to take games from us the schedulers do. BTW Chris Kaman is apparently injured enough to be out for the rest of the season.

Timmeh
03-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Yeah, any chance to get him won't happen till the time of the draft probably.

onewickedlady
03-05-2009, 07:28 PM
I hate Bonnell's attitude about the possibility of the Cats getting into the playoffs. He puts his not so subtle negative spin on any opportunity that he gets. This is an interesting article, nonetheless.

Bobcats on a familar road for Brown
Coach's trend is to start slow with a new team, retool the roster, then finish strong.
By Rick Bonnell
rbonnell@charlotteobserver.com
Posted: Thursday, Mar. 05, 2009

Bobcats coach Larry Brown, in his 24th NBA season with his ninth team, has guided his teams to eight 50-plus win seasons, 17 playoff appearances and one NBA title – with Detroit in 2004.

It doesn't happen every time Larry Brown takes over an NBA team – the New York Knicks were bad when he showed up and worse when he left – but the pattern is well-documented.

The 1981-82 New Jersey Nets opened Brown's first season 3-12. They finished that season with a 9-1 kick. They reached the playoffs, a complete shock at the time.

The 1993-94 Indiana Pacers started 1-6 under Brown. They won their last eight regular-season games, then advanced all the way to Game7 of the Eastern Conference Finals (losing to the Knicks).

The Charlotte Bobcats will be lucky to squeeze into the eighth and final playoff spot in the East. But their course this season fits almost precisely what one of Brown's former players, Mike Gminski, predicted a week before training camp.

Gminski played center for Brown as a Net. Now the former Duke player lives in Charlotte and does television as a college basketball analyst.

Gminski envisioned most everything that has happened to this team: How the players would look physically and mentally exhausted in the preseason. How they'd flounder in November (a 3-9 start). How the roster would churn (a league-high 23 players and three major trades). And how they'd emerge mid-season stronger for the experience (win Friday against Atlanta, and they match a team record with five straight victories).

Then Gminski made one final prediction:

“Watch,” Gminski told the Observer in September. “They make the playoffs.”

Brown tends to deconstruct a team, essentially trashing the room before redecorating in his own vision.

“I think, as a staff, we hold them accountable to do the things they do best. We have values we hope everybody understands about sharing the ball and rebounding and defending,” he said Wednesday.

“Not everybody buys into it right away.”

It's a sort of Social Darwinism. Those who don't fit are quickly moved (Adam Morrison and Matt Carroll) and even those who might fit (Jason Richardson and Jared Dudley) can be moved for those who fit better (Boris Diaw and Raja Bell).

Brown said Wednesday that the Bobcats more resemble that Pacers rebuilding project than the Nets.

That's because of the roster moves the two teams made.

The Pacers traded a go-to scorer (Detlef Schrempf) for a versatile power forward (Derrick McKey).

Brown links that to the Bobcats giving up Richardson to acquire Diaw.

Then the Pacers signed veteran guard Byron Scott, a player Brown compares to Bell in maturity and savvy.

Brown says both the Pacers and Nets were deeper than this Bobcats team, so he's not promising similar results.

But he sees the parallels.

“You demand a lot and I don't let up,” Brown said of his expectations. “I don't want to ever ask anything of someone he's incapable of doing. But I've found all pros want to get better. If they know you care – that you're trying to improve them – they buy in.

“As a result, they all buy in together and do the things good teams do.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bobcats/story/577194.html

onewickedlady
03-05-2009, 07:38 PM
For another take:

Bobcats are playing like a playoff team
By Tom Sorensen
tsorensen@charlotteobserver.com
Posted: Wednesday, Mar. 04, 2009

Bobcats down Bulls

If you haven't seen the Charlotte Bobcats recently, you haven't seen the Charlotte Bobcats.

I can't write about their work against the Chicago Bulls Tuesday without gushing. They were smart and entertaining and unselfish. They hustled and played hurt and played defense. They won 96-80.

I have never seen them better. They've beaten better teams, of course. But they never looked as good doing it.

This is how the Bobcats score their first six baskets.

Raja Bell hits from 20 and 19 feet, Gerald Wallace hits a layup, Emeka Okafor dunks and hits two layups.

Boris Diaw assists on the first four baskets, Bell on the fifth and Raymond Felton on the sixth. That's six baskets and six assists. The Bobcats finish the first quarter with 11 baskets and 10 assists and score 32 points. In the old days, they scored 32 in a half.

There are many ways to win. Consistently finding a teammate who has a better shot than you do is as good as any.

onewickedlady
03-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Apparently we are now 1 1/2 games out of 8th place.

onewickedlady
07-08-2009, 02:52 PM
How depressing it is to contemplate the upcoming season. Reading all the rumors and articles about what other eastern conference teams are doing to improve their rosters and the best players are signing with the other teams and what, pray tell, is the Cats FO doing??????????????????? And I was so excited about the coming season until I realized that we're still going to have a group of some of the least talented players in the league. Sigh. Just let me wallow in disappointment for a while.

Timmeh
07-08-2009, 03:22 PM
It's not that our players aren't talented, we just can't compete night in and night out with superstar players like Garnett/Allen/Pierce, Bosh, James, Wade, and Howard.

onewickedlady
07-08-2009, 05:45 PM
It's not that our players aren't talented, we just can't compete night in and night out with superstar players like Garnett/Allen/Pierce, Bosh, James, Wade, and Howard.

True, Timmeh. I didn't mean that our guys aren't talented, I just meant relative to those players whom you mention. The guys we'll be playing against night after night. Still it's possible that we could have a .500 season and that would be a milestone and would make lots of folks happy. And I think that we can still make it into the playoffs.

I don't mean to be a bummer but I just needed to express my concerns.

TarHeelBorn
07-08-2009, 06:53 PM
All it takes is a few injuries to other teams but I'm with you OWL, I have not been very encouraged lately.

onewickedlady
09-08-2009, 12:11 PM
This lack of news is really getting to me.

onewickedlady
09-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Posted on ISH NBA Forum about the death, today, of one of the Cats minority owners.

onewickedlady
09-16-2009, 06:05 PM
Where IS everybody??????????????? :lol:

Quizno
09-24-2009, 11:00 PM
the 'cats signed flip murray! that's a really good pickup i think. only 1.99 mil, too.

Bobcat4Ever
09-25-2009, 11:34 AM
I have been SOOOO busy with school.

onewickedlady
09-25-2009, 02:20 PM
I have been SOOOO busy with school.

How are things going? Are you involved in the military aspects of the school like preparing to go into military service or just the educational opportunities? Are you involved in sports? I've been thinking about you knowing that your presence on this forum would probably be limited this term.

Timmeh
09-25-2009, 11:23 PM
Yeah BC4E, how's your freshman semester going?

I've been on the board, reading all of the posts, but haven't been compelled to say too much, been really busy with school and work.

onewickedlady
09-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Is there really any reason, realistically, to think that we won't be #5 in the Southeast Division this coming season? At the end of last season it seemed possible that the Cats would make the playoffs this season. Or is it too early in the year to even think about this?

Timmeh
09-26-2009, 11:38 PM
I think it'll be the same scenario as last season, just bigger. I think the Eastern Conference will be very balanced this year, and, barring major injuries to any teams better players, I think it won't be until mid-March before we start seeing teams becoming definitively eliminated from playoff contention.

onewickedlady
09-30-2009, 12:48 AM
With everything that I'm reading about our guys I really can't wait for the season to start. At least pre-season starts pretty soon.

TarCat
09-30-2009, 11:45 AM
With everything that I'm reading about our guys I really can't wait for the season to start. At least pre-season starts pretty soon.

Are you going to the preseason game in Greensboro, OWL?

Our season tickets arrived today. GO BOBCATS:applause:

onewickedlady
09-30-2009, 12:01 PM
Are you going to the preseason game in Greensboro, OWL?

Our season tickets arrived today. GO BOBCATS:applause:

I haven't got any tickets yet. Will let you know if that changes. Especially for the G'boro game because that will give us a chance to get together!

onewickedlady
10-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Are you going to the preseason game in Greensboro,OWL?:

YES!! :applause:
I just got myself a ticket to the G/boro game. Can't wait to see G-Dub. He's always been my fave. What a sexy man.
I'll be on my own so I can arrive early to chat, have a hotdog, whatever.
Where would be a good place to meet?

Anyone else going to the game?

TarCat
10-03-2009, 07:34 PM
YES!! :applause:
I just got myself a ticket to the G/boro game. Can't wait to see G-Dub. He's always been my fave. What a sexy man.
I'll be on my own so I can arrive early to chat, have a hotdog, whatever.
Where would be a good place to meet?

Anyone else going to the game?

I do not know where we are dining. The Bobcats are chartering a bus for some season-ticket holders.

Where is your seat?

I know that we are seated in the lower bowl.

If we were driving, I would suggest Stamey's Barbeque...one of our favorite places.

onewickedlady
10-03-2009, 10:25 PM
I do not know where we are dining. The Bobcats are chartering a bus for some season-ticket holders.

Where is your seat?

I know that we are seated in the lower bowl.

If we were driving, I would suggest Stamey's Barbeque...one of our favorite places.

Section 209 Row A Seat 2

rufuspaul
10-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Well they billed this as the first meeting between Mek and Chandler and it looks like neither is going to be there. Oh well.

onewickedlady
10-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Will we have a new B4E thread for tonight's game done by either B4E or Timmeh? Or should one of us put one together instead?

Bobcat4Ever
10-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Will we have a new B4E thread for tonight's game done by either B4E or Timmeh? Or should one of us put one together instead?

Got ya covered ;)

onewickedlady
10-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Got ya covered ;)

Great! Thanks! It just wouldn't be the same without you. :violin:

CoverTwo
10-29-2009, 10:54 AM
I became a Bobcats fan after going to school at USC (the real one in SC) so me and my boys would go to a few games every year .. Looking forward to the season but man last night was rough.

onewickedlady
10-29-2009, 02:55 PM
I became a Bobcats fan after going to school at USC (the real one in SC) so me and my boys would go to a few games every year .. Looking forward to the season but man last night was rough.

And all this time I thought that the real USC is the University of Southern California, where I grew up. Oh well. Live and learn. :lol:

onewickedlady
11-22-2009, 08:10 PM
We're actually ahead of the Pacers by 20 points.

onewickedlady
12-12-2009, 02:22 PM
I'm so sick and tired of reading Rick Bonnell. Where else do you all go for articles on the Cats?

Timmeh
12-12-2009, 02:57 PM
As far as beat writers go, I think Bonnell is the only one for the Cats. Anything else, you're subjected to blogs (which may not be updated daily) and the ever-critical AP reports, which are few and far between.

onewickedlady
01-23-2010, 02:42 PM
This was an article from yesterday before we lost to the Hawks but it's a good example of how the Cats are being noticed.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:46 pm EST
The Bob-castaways are finally a team

By Roy S. Johnson

Who's laughing now?

Throughout their six seasons of life, the only positive claim the Charlotte Bobcats could make was: Well, at least we aren't the Clippers!

Still, they were a ragtag, patchwork team of rejects, misfits and unwanted players owned by a guy bold enough to name the team for himself (Bob Johnson), coached by basketball's No. 1 nomad (Larry Brown) and managed by a legend who hadn't seemed to be able to do anything right since he last donned sneakers (Michael Jordan).

When the team's name was uttered by many fans,"Charlotte" was often followed by "Hornets," their predecessors who had long ago moved to the Big Easy.

This season, their roster includes castaways like Boris Diaw(notes) (Phoenix), Tyson Chandler(notes) (New Orleans), Acie Law(notes) (Atlanta) and Nazr Mohammed(notes) (pick a team). And then there was the NBA's ultimate castaway/scoundrel, Stephen Jackson(notes), who brought so much baggage when the team obtained him from Golden State in November that the airline's "extra luggage" charge threatened to put to Bobs over the cap.

Playoffs? Please. It's always been 82-and-out for this franchise and no one thought any different, even as MJ and his general manager, former teammate Rod Higgins, shuffled seemingly marginal players in an out with little semblance of a clue or plan. And that was before they traded for Jackson.

But now, the Bob-castaways are legit. In fact they've been the league's best team in 2010 -- 9-1, which includes a six-win homestand sweep that ended with a science-class dissection of Dwyane Wade(notes) and the Miami Heat, 104-65.

They're 21-19 now and fifth in the East, atop the conference's "second-tier" teams Miami, Toronto and Chicago.

That the catalyst for change in Charlotte has been Jackson surprises no one. That such change has been positive might leave your mouth agape.

At 6-foot-8, Jackson starts at shooting guard and along with power forward Diaw, also 6-8, the duo presents opponents with "twins" who often switch places and are equally deft at playing either position. (Jackson, in fact, once pulled a "Magic," playing all five positions in one Warriors game.) If a team's top defender is charged with checking Jackson, small forward Gerald Wallace(notes), the team's best player throughout the lean seasons, can break out. Check Wallace and Jackson can explode.

The cohesion didn't happen immediately, but almost. The Bobcats lost their first three games after Jackson arrived, then went 18-10.

They were averaging 82.4 points per game BJ (Before Jackson); now they hit at a 97.7 clip.

Jackson is the Bobcats' leading scorer (20.9 ppg) and should be -- gulp! -- an All-Star this season.

But Jackson's been equally impactful in an area beyond the box score -- swagger.

The attitude that has always seemed on the precipice of exploding (the only player more associated with the infamous 2004 Pacers-Pistons brawl than Jackson is Ron Artest(notes)) has infused the Bobs with a new confidence.

But their swag is about to be severely tested. On Friday the 'Cats began a real-or-fraud road trip in Atlanta. They will also soon visit Denver, Phoenix, Portland and the Los Angeles Lakers. Those teams win 65 percent of their games. The Bobs were notoriously bad on the road pre-Jackson (they lost 13 of their first 14 and even became a rare notch on the Nets' belt). But since then, they've beaten Miami and Cleveland on the road.

Teams without swag don't do that.

That swag has given Charlotte, in fact, an identity.

One that is finally beginning to overshadow even MJ's prodigious shadow

Timmeh
01-23-2010, 09:19 PM
Still a huge sense of sarcasm, though appreciative. Still not cool with that.

Bobcat4Ever
04-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Sorry about that spam, guys. Got it taken care of

Carmeloo15
04-30-2010, 02:02 AM
I love Bobcats
I love GW
I love JAX
:oldlol:

onewickedlady
06-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Does anyone have any clue as to what/if the Cats FO will make any moves tonight? Is anyone going to watch the draft? Any thoughts?

rufuspaul
06-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Does anyone have any clue as to what/if the Cats FO will make any moves tonight? Is anyone going to watch the draft? Any thoughts?

Bonnell thinks a trade with Miami is in the works so that means absolutely no trade with Miami.:D

Timmeh
06-24-2010, 05:09 PM
No trade with Miami, but that definitely means we're either doing nothing, or trading with two different teams, S&T with Felton, Augustin will leave, we'll draft a rookie PG, sign a vet PG or get one in return for the trade....yep.

Here's my off-the-wall trade for the draft:

Bobcats trade the New York Knicks for David Lee and 1st rounder for Felton, Chandler, and Diop.

I don't know if that even works, but that's what came to mind. Remember, I said it was off-the-wall.

TarCat
06-24-2010, 10:05 PM
We went to the draft party. I asked some of the reps. They know nothing except that MJ, Rod, and Larry were in the building.

jaggedmole
07-07-2010, 12:00 AM
Hey all. New to the boards. Can't wait to jump into the mix discussing our Bobcats.

onewickedlady
07-07-2010, 12:04 AM
Hey all. New to the boards. Can't wait to jump into the mix discussing our Bobcats.

Welcome aboard. :applause: We're sorta like family here. :D

rufuspaul
07-07-2010, 09:52 AM

Welcome. Gotta lose the Morrison avy though.:oldlol:

CLTHornets4eva
07-20-2010, 04:26 AM
I always post on the main boards but will try to post more on the Bobcats forum. I work for a sports stats company that rhymes with TOBIAS, and I'll try to get any rumors before Bonnell (last month he tried to tell me through email that Nazr to Indy for TJ Ford was the next move we would make:roll: ). I'll try to do more on here as I juggle multiple forums. I'm on twitter as @charlottebobs.

rufuspaul
07-20-2010, 11:58 AM
I always post on the main boards but will try to post more on the Bobcats forum. I work for a sports stats company that rhymes with TOBIAS, and I'll try to get any rumors before Bonnell (last month he tried to tell me through email that Nazr to Indy for TJ Ford was the next move we would make:roll: ). I'll try to do more on here as I juggle multiple forums. I'm on twitter as @charlottebobs.

Glad to have you with us.

onewickedlady
07-20-2010, 06:19 PM

Welcome to our board.

onewickedlady
07-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Why on earth do we need McGuire? What are we doing with so many half-baked players on our roster?

onewickedlady
07-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Is there really nothing going on????????????????

onewickedlady
08-12-2010, 05:24 PM
So is anyone going to post the new season schedule yet or are we waiting til we have the televised schedule, too?

Timmeh
08-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Unless someone beats me to it, I'm going to wait till we find out when the TV (or lack thereof) games will be.

onewickedlady
08-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Unless someone beats me to it, I'm going to wait till we find out when the TV (or lack thereof) games will be.

I'll wait for you.

onewickedlady
09-19-2010, 05:40 PM
With training camp coming up maybe we'll have some news for our long-starved Bobcats fan souls........:rolleyes:

Timmeh
09-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Seems the news of Dampier's waving got brushed under the rug with nothing more than a sigh.

onewickedlady
10-04-2010, 12:42 AM
Is Tuesday's preseason game against the Cavs going to be broadcast either on TV or radio or online?

onewickedlady
10-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Matt Carroll hits 184 straight free-throws.

http://www.bobcatsbreak.com/?p=2725

onewickedlady
11-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Anyone still excited about the season?

rufuspaul
11-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Anyone still excited about the season?

I am. We'll be alright.

onewickedlady
11-02-2010, 12:52 PM
There was an article in yesterday's Charlotte Observer, a short blurb really, regarding the slow start of Larry Brown's teams and that it doesn't portend bad things for the season just because we're 0-3 so far. So, I won't fret, then. I just look forward to watching our guys play a winning-style of ball.

SourPatchKids
11-07-2010, 01:17 AM
Matt Carroll hits 184 straight free-throws.

http://www.bobcatsbreak.com/?p=2725
My best is probably like 12 lol.

onewickedlady
12-18-2010, 06:51 PM
When, and only when, our FO makes a blockbuster move like Orlando just made, will we know that MJ is willing to do what it takes to have a winning team. Otherwise, our FO is just swatting at flies. IMHO. Which is not always H.

Timmeh
12-19-2010, 12:18 AM
I don't know how much this trade really helps Orlando. It was really just a big name trade. They got rid of their back up center, and didn't really get a big in return. They got rid of Rashard Lewis and Vince Carter and added Turkoglu and Richardson, which, isn't that much of an improvement and can be argued that it somewhat makes them worse. To top it off, they add Arenas, who is not only injury prone, but just doesn't seem to have the fire to play like he used to. This doesn't make sense because I thought Jameer Nelson was a perfectly capable PG for this team.

onewickedlady
12-19-2010, 12:28 AM
I don't know how much this trade really helps Orlando. It was really just a big name trade. They got rid of their back up center, and didn't really get a big in return. They got rid of Rashard Lewis and Vince Carter and added Turkoglu and Richardson, which, isn't that much of an improvement and can be argued that it somewhat makes them worse. To top it off, they add Arenas, who is not only injury prone, but just doesn't seem to have the fire to play like he used to. This doesn't make sense because I thought Jameer Nelson was a perfectly capable PG for this team.

Well, Orlando thinks it's good for them. Perhaps the change of scenery will re-kindle Arenas' fire. Trades have a way of doing that. Tyson Chandler, Mek and Felts seem to be playing better since leaving the Cats. J Rich still plays well. Perhaps now we can get Jameer Nelson and have DJ come off the bench. But is there anyone we have that Orlando would want?

rufuspaul
12-19-2010, 10:38 AM

I would anticipate Nelson still being the starter. What surprises me is they got rid of Gortat. Hopefully we can exploit that when Howard gets in foul trouble.

Quizno
12-19-2010, 02:52 PM
guys, last night i honestly had a dream that we finished the season 44-3. let's hope that i was seeing the future :oldlol:

rufuspaul
12-20-2010, 10:23 AM
guys, last night i honestly had a dream that we finished the season 44-3. let's hope that i was seeing the future :oldlol:

That would be incredible.

onewickedlady
01-07-2011, 02:09 PM
So Tyson Chandler, who now plays for the Mavs, got 14 points and 18 rebounds against the Thunder. Like we really needed to get rid of this guy.....:rolleyes:

rufuspaul
01-07-2011, 03:52 PM
So Tyson Chandler, who now plays for the Mavs, got 14 points and 18 rebounds against the Thunder. Like we really needed to get rid of this guy.....:rolleyes:

Another Larry Brown move. Rumor is Tyson demanded a trade because he couldn't get along with Larry.

Chris Quinn
01-07-2011, 07:29 PM
wat is UP!

DeronMillsap
02-05-2011, 08:21 AM
I like how you guys have more fans than the New Orleans Hornets. Stupid move by the Hornets owner. :oldlol:

I'd love to see you guys get your nickname back, and the N.O. Hornets become the Seattle Sonics again.

Then move the Thunder down to the Southwest division where they can battle it out with the 3 Texas teams and Memphis.

onewickedlady
02-05-2011, 08:02 PM
I like how you guys have more fans than the New Orleans Hornets. Stupid move by the Hornets owner. :oldlol:

I'd love to see you guys get your nickname back, and the N.O. Hornets become the Seattle Sonics again.

Then move the Thunder down to the Southwest division where they can battle it out with the 3 Texas teams and Memphis.

We're the Bobcats. No name changes, please. :no:

DeronMillsap
02-05-2011, 08:21 PM
We're the Bobcats. No name changes, please. :no:
Oh, my bad and please accept my apology....didn't mean to offend ya'll.

onewickedlady
02-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Oh, my bad and please accept my apology....didn't mean to offend ya'll.

No bad and no offense taken. I bet that there are some fans who'd love to re-capture the glory days of the Hornets including changing the name of the team. Some of us would love to re-capture their record. And maybe a couple of seasons with Silas will make a big difference. Some of us hate the name Bobcats just because it reminds us of our sorry-assed first owner. As in real life, ten people and ten different opinions! :D

DeronMillsap
02-05-2011, 09:38 PM
No bad and no offense taken. I bet that there are some fans who'd love to re-capture the glory days of the Hornets including changing the name of the team. Some of us would love to re-capture their record. And maybe a couple of seasons with Silas will make a big difference. Some of us hate the name Bobcats just because it reminds us of our sorry-assed first owner. As in real life, ten people and ten different opinions! :D
I do remember the late-90's Charlotte Hornets with Mason, Curry, Rice, Wesley, Phills and I think Divac was on that team too. I kinda liked that old squad, a good feisty mid-tier team. Lost track of them once Baron Davis came into the league but I think around that time, the Hornets were thinking of moving already.

Maybe the Bobcats can bring some of that 90's Hornets glory back. Good luck!!! :cheers:

onewickedlady
02-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Paul Silas is no longer "Interim" Coach. He's signed a contract through the end of next season. :D

rufuspaul
02-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Paul Silas is no longer "Interim" Coach. He's signed a contract through the end of next season. :D

Nice move by the Cats.:applause:

If you ever listen to 610 A.M. you've heard "The QCB" talk about Paul Silas recently. "In Silas we trust. Paul Silas, aka Nipsey Russell, aka Stephen Douglas, aka Josh Gibson, aka Satchel Page, aka the guy who played Prince's daddy in Purple Rain.":oldlol:

onewickedlady
03-19-2011, 06:52 PM
My we've been a lively group lately. :rolleyes:

onewickedlady
04-17-2011, 03:14 PM
How about an official Off-Season thread with sticky/push pin so there's one place we can post over the off-season....

onewickedlady
09-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Well, I'm not enthusiastic about there being a 2011-2012 season so I'm just checking in here to say hi to my fellow forum-ers and hope you're all doing well.

rufuspaul
09-19-2011, 09:04 AM
Well, I'm not enthusiastic about there being a 2011-2012 season so I'm just checking in here to say hi to my fellow forum-ers and hope you're all doing well.

Hey OWL. At least right now we've got the Panthers to keep us occupied. I too think we won't have an NBA season. It's a shame but it might be necessary to fix the league.

onewickedlady
09-23-2011, 12:11 AM
Hey OWL. At least right now we've got the Panthers to keep us occupied. I too think we won't have an NBA season. It's a shame but it might be necessary to fix the league.

I can't imagine that the league can be 'fixed' any time soon because right now everyone is still self-centered. The players egos are too big. What's wrong with a 50-50 revenue split? What's wrong with enabling the small-market teams to be successful? That will take a salary cap so the Lakers can't spend 20 times what the Cats spend on player salaries, though, but I can just imagine players whining that they just can't live on 20 million dollars a year!

rufuspaul
09-26-2011, 08:07 AM
I can't imagine that the league can be 'fixed' any time soon because right now everyone is still self-centered. The players egos are too big. What's wrong with a 50-50 revenue split? What's wrong with enabling the small-market teams to be successful? That will take a salary cap so the Lakers can't spend 20 times what the Cats spend on player salaries, though, but I can just imagine players whining that they just can't live on 20 million dollars a year!

If what MJ said is true (that 22 out of 30 teams lost money last season), then I don't see the owners backing down any time soon.

onewickedlady
09-26-2011, 08:27 AM
If what MJ said is true (that 22 out of 30 teams lost money last season), then I don't see the owners backing down any time soon.

Nope. :(

onewickedlady
03-14-2012, 03:27 AM
I hate it that I'm missin this season.

Timmeh
03-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Don't worry OWL, I'll catch you up.

We won our first game this year, which got us thinking, "Hey, maybe we won't be as bad as we thought." Then we lost a shitload of games, made national news at least three times for being absolutely awful, and I think the team is on the verge of complete anarchy.

In short, we suck.

Now you're good till the offseason.

rufuspaul
03-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Don't worry OWL, I'll catch you up.

We won our first game this year, which got us thinking, "Hey, maybe we won't be as bad as we thought." Then we lost a shitload of games, made national news at least three times for being absolutely awful, and I think the team is on the verge of complete anarchy.

In short, we suck.

Now you're good till the offseason.

But we have some promising rookies. :D

onewickedlady
03-15-2012, 02:29 AM
Knew that I could count on all y'all.

onewickedlady
04-16-2012, 02:00 AM
On another note---Jermario Moon?????

Timmeh
04-16-2012, 02:05 PM
He used to be good...

Now he's with us.

rufuspaul
04-16-2012, 02:17 PM
On another note---Jermario Moon?????

Season saved.

onewickedlady
04-18-2012, 01:39 AM
Season saved.

You are being facetious, yes???

rufuspaul
04-18-2012, 10:48 AM
You are being facetious, yes???

Yes. :(

onewickedlady
09-22-2012, 04:45 PM
pray tell where is the best place to get accurate, indepth information about the Bobcats? They're official site is just a bunch of PR crap. I want info and objective analysis. Any ideas, guys? And gal. Where is TarCat these days? She's usually re-joined the forum by this time of the year.

Timmeh
09-22-2012, 06:58 PM
If you don't trust the amazing Rick Bonnell and his stealthy reporting, there is a Bobcats blog, Rufus something, I think.

onewickedlady
09-22-2012, 11:56 PM
If you don't trust the amazing Rick Bonnell and his stealthy reporting, there is a Bobcats blog, Rufus something, I think.
My brain is still so wrapped up with what I'm doing here in California that I didn't even think of the Charlotte Observer website.
Thanks!

~spectre~
09-23-2012, 11:34 AM
http://sportspyder.com/teams/charlotte-bobcats/news

A headline site which pulls most articles mentioning the Bobcats.

onewickedlady
09-23-2012, 03:22 PM
http://sportspyder.com/teams/charlotte-bobcats/news

A headline site which pulls most articles mentioning the Bobcats.

Thank you so very much. Between this site and Rick Bonnell I should be covered. I suspect that sportspyder also covers the Panthers. I appreciate the help very much, spectre and Timmeh.
Never thought I'd hear myself say this but I miss "home." NC that is.

TarCat
09-23-2012, 07:56 PM
pray tell where is the best place to get accurate, indepth information about the Bobcats? They're official site is just a bunch of PR crap. I want info and objective analysis. Any ideas, guys? And gal. Where is TarCat these days? She's usually re-joined the forum by this time of the year.
Here I am, OWL.
We went to the season-ticket BBQ today. It was great!
My hubby and I have been busy with Charlotte Knights baseball , Panthers, UNC football, and plays. We are looking forward to the first preseason Bobcats game on Oct. 7

onewickedlady
09-23-2012, 08:40 PM
Here I am, OWL.
We went to the season-ticket BBQ today. It was great!
My hubby and I have been busy with Charlotte Knights baseball , Panthers, UNC football, and plays. We are looking forward to the first preseason Bobcats game on Oct. 7

I'm relieved to hear from you. I was beginning to worry.

rufuspaul
09-24-2012, 04:02 PM

http://www.rufusonfire.com

onewickedlady
09-24-2012, 06:10 PM
http://www.rufusonfire.com

Thanks.

onewickedlady
10-31-2012, 05:00 PM
Okay. How am I going to watch the games online? I'm excited about the season and don't want to miss another season like I did last year. There's a link that works well--is it adthe something?
Help.

onewickedlady
11-03-2012, 10:17 PM
am not getting adthe.eu to work. Just a teaser of a home page and then an hour trying to get through ads, download supposed plug-ins, and crap like that. I could hear the game just couldn't actually see it. Very depressing!

onewickedlady
12-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Anyone speculating whether the Cats will participate in the FA signing frenzy that may exist over the next coming months and if so what might be in our best interest and what might be feasable, two different issues. 1--What's in our best interest. 2--what's feasable.

I cannot believe that the Cats will be hosting my second favorite team, the L.A. Clippers, and instead of being at the game where will I be? On a friggin' airplane heading home. Dumb luck.

rufuspaul
12-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Anyone speculating whether the Cats will participate in the FA signing frenzy that may exist over the next coming months and if so what might be in our best interest and what might be feasable, two different issues. 1--What's in our best interest. 2--what's feasable.

I cannot believe that the Cats will be hosting my second favorite team, the L.A. Clippers, and instead of being at the game where will I be? On a friggin' airplane heading home. Dumb luck.

Spectre would be the expert here but I don't think we're in the FA market. I'm sure we're open to trades though. Here's my trade idea: Gana Diop straight up for Kevin Love. Do you think the T-Wolves would go for that. :confusedshrug: :D

onewickedlady
12-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Spectre would be the expert here but I don't think we're in the FA market. I'm sure we're open to trades though. Here's my trade idea: Gana Diop straight up for Kevin Love. Do you think the T-Wolves would go for that. :confusedshrug: :D

Doubt the T-Wolves would go for that. But we sure would!

Why are we even playing Diop? I'm watching the Yahoo channel play by play and Diop sure isn't helping bridge the score gap.

Our team has been imploding over the past few games.

onewickedlady
12-08-2012, 10:45 PM
What the hell is going on with our team? They are falling apart. Is it the coaching? I mean, we certainly don't lack for players with talent and passion. Any ideas?

rufuspaul
12-09-2012, 01:29 PM
What the hell is going on with our team? They are falling apart. Is it the coaching? I mean, we certainly don't lack for players with talent and passion. Any ideas?

Well truth be told we are lacking in talent and experience. We played quite well against the Trail Blazers and Knicks, played tired against the Bucks and got blown out by the Spurs. Not all that unexpected.

2 players stand out in the current losing streak: Sessions and Mullens. When they were hot we were winning. They've both gone cold of late.

onewickedlady
12-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Well truth be told we are lacking in talent and experience. We played quite well against the Trail Blazers and Knicks, played tired against the Bucks and got blown out by the Spurs. Not all that unexpected.

2 players stand out in the current losing streak: Sessions and Mullens. When they were hot we were winning. They've both gone cold of late.

So do we just settle in for a less than mediocre ho-hum season and just enjoy the ride with no expectations? Think we'll still have some good play and winning streaks?

rufuspaul
12-10-2012, 08:51 AM
So do we just settle in for a less than mediocre ho-hum season and just enjoy the ride with no expectations? Think we'll still have some good play and winning streaks?

Oh yeah I think we'll put together another run before it's all over. The next 3 games are gonna be tough though.

onewickedlady
12-20-2012, 01:33 AM
I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has noticed but since the beginning of the Bobcats franchise, no matter who the coach nor the players on the team, turnovers have been the money on our guys backs. Are we doomed?

onewickedlady
01-01-2013, 03:04 PM
A peaceful, prosperous and healthy new year to all.

rufuspaul
01-02-2013, 01:01 PM
A peaceful, prosperous and healthy new year to all.

:cheers:

onewickedlady
01-06-2013, 11:55 PM
Great win against Detroit.

rufuspaul
01-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Great win against Detroit.

:rockon:

Kemba with the clutch basket to send it into OT.
Biz goes 10-17.

All round good game against an improving Pistons team. So good to have Tyrus back too.

onewickedlady
01-07-2013, 12:40 PM
:rockon:

Kemba with the clutch basket to send it into OT.
Biz goes 10-17.

All round good game against an improving Pistons team. So good to have Tyrus back too.

My husband and I have tickets to the Monday January 21st game against Houston. Haven't been to a game in a long time. Can't wait.

onewickedlady
01-20-2013, 05:14 PM
Who will be at tomorrow's game? I suspect that the Cats will win. How do I know? Because several years ago I went to a Panthers game and they won that game after having lost every game since the previous season. :D

rufuspaul
01-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Who will be at tomorrow's game? I suspect that the Cats will win. How do I know? Because several years ago I went to a Panthers game and they won that game after having lost every game since the previous season. :D

Well you almost got them a win. It was nice to see Kemba have a career game. Biz had 7 blocks. We just need post scoring. Desperately.

onewickedlady
01-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Well you almost got them a win. It was nice to see Kemba have a career game. Biz had 7 blocks. We just need post scoring. Desperately.

I was disgusted with the way that we gave the game away. Ridiculous missed shots, turnovers and lazy about getting rebounds. TarCat and I had a good visit. Too bad we didn't know where to find you.

rufuspaul
01-22-2013, 12:37 PM
I was disgusted with the way that we gave the game away. Ridiculous missed shots, turnovers and lazy about getting rebounds. TarCat and I had a good visit. Too bad we didn't know where to find you.

I'm in section 103. I had to take my daughter to an appointment and wasn't sure if we could make the game. We managed to get there in the middle of the 1st.

Yeah Kemba can't do it all by himself. We need a big who can score. It didn't help that Gordon decided not to show up either.