PDA

View Full Version : How Long Will Kobe Bryant be a Superstar?????

Lebron23Jordan
05-24-2009, 10:20 AM
like Ok kobes arguabaly the best Player in the league next to Bron..... But for how long will Kobe be able to dominate like this and be able to take a team to a title or at least compete for a title..... I mean Jordan was a superstar Until the age of 36 and even made the allstar game In the wizards 2 times

??????

OneMoreSucka
05-24-2009, 10:22 AM
As Barkley said, "If it doesn't happen this year, it won't happen again."

KenneBell
05-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Ugh....
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/1d/fullj.fdb523ed9befeba9898f733dd35c2e6f/fdb523ed9befeba9898f733dd35c2e6f-getty-87745978ge043_lakers_nuggets.jpg

Manute for Ever!
05-24-2009, 10:24 AM
like Ok kobes arguabaly the best Player in the league next to Bron..... But for how long will Kobe be able to dominate like this and be able to take a team to a title or at least compete for a title..... I mean Jordan was a superstar Until the age of 36 and even made the allstar game In the wizards 2 times

??????

What are you referring to by 'Superstar', level of play or level of popularity?
For level of play, I give him another 3-4 years of playing at an extremely high level, as for level of popularity, as long as he is a Laker, that wont change.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 10:27 AM
As Barkley said, "If it doesn't happen this year, it won't happen again."
Kobe has 2 more years at the most to be in the top 5 for MVP voting. He's slower, can't jump as high, his first step isn't what it was, and he wasn't a superathlete to begin with. I compare his athleticism prime vs prime to Desmond Mason. They are both two footed jumpers and if you go back and watch vintage Desmond Mason footage from his prime you will see what I mean. Kobe put more work into his jump shot than Mason obviously, and Kobe's a better ball handler, with all that being said as pure athletes they are comparable. You can already see Kobe's age starting to show. In last nights game he looked like an old man at the end. The Lakers are set up to lessen his role over time though with 2 good bigs like Bynum(who's still improving) and Gasol. I know Kobe fans will :banghead: :mad: :cry: over my opinion but I've watched a lot of basketball players progress throughout their entire careers. I predicted back in the day that Ewing was too top heavy and his ultimate demise would be his knees, I said the same thing for Shaq. Yao Ming will never stay healthy. Kobe will age even faster than he is right now. I can't tell you how many times I'm amazed when Kobe gets to the basket with some of the slowest drives to the hoop in the half court set. A lot of his layups, were dunks for him back in the day of #8. His window for me is 2 years. If he blows out a knee before the end of the next 2 years the window will instantly close.

Tha Catalyst
05-24-2009, 10:29 AM
I would give him at least another 3 years as a 'superstar'. Usually this wouldn't be the case for players of his age but his conditioning is top notch, part of the reason jordan stayed dominant for so long. I believe he will remain at an all nba level for a few more years.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 10:31 AM
I would give him at least another 3 years as a 'superstar'. Usually this wouldn't be the case for players of his age but his conditioning is top notch, part of the reason jordan stayed dominant for so long. I believe he will remain at an all nba level for a few more years.
Leave Jordan out of it, Jordan ran a 4.3 40 yard dash and Kobe's never been that quick, Jordan was a great two footed gather dunker as well as one footed leaper. Jordan could fly from the free throw line and Kobe's furthest dunk ever was the dotted circle. Jordan's superior athleticism is what got him through the post-baseball years. Even a shell of his former self he was still more athletic than 98% of the NBA. The level of dedication Jordan put going into the 95-96 season(his first full year back) has been well documented and will go unmatched. He trained with Deion Sanders for crap sakes....

Johnni Gade
05-24-2009, 10:33 AM
A couple of years more

Younggrease
05-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Kobe has 2 more years at the most to be in the top 5 for MVP voting. He's slower, can't jump as high, his first step isn't what it was, and he wasn't a superathlete to begin with. I compare his athleticism prime vs prime to Desmond Mason. They are both two footed jumpers and if you go back and watch vintage Desmond Mason footage from his prime you will see what I mean. Kobe put more work into his jump shot than Mason obviously, and Kobe's a better ball handler, with all that being said as pure athletes they are comparable. You can already see Kobe's age starting to show. In last nights game he looked like an old man at the end. The Lakers are set up to lessen his role over time though with 2 good bigs like Bynum(who's still improving) and Gasol. I know Kobe fans will :banghead: :mad: :cry: over my opinion but I've watched a lot of basketball players progress throughout their entire careers. I predicted back in the day that Ewing was too top heavy and his ultimate demise would be his knees, I said the same thing for Shaq. Yao Ming will never stay healthy. Kobe will age even faster than he is right now. I can't tell you how many times I'm amazed when Kobe gets to the basket with some of the slowest drives to the hoop in the half court set. A lot of his layups, were dunks for him back in the day of #8. His window for me is 2 years. If he blows out a knee before the end of the next 2 years the window will instantly close.

everyone ages...I think he has 3-4 years left because he is just gonna change his game and either bulk up or skim down. He has two years left being in the argument for best in the league. Then he will be a top 5-7 player until 35.

The reason Kobe gets to the basket with slow drives is he is playing with his mind. He is going at half speed saving energy. He isnt running, he beat the whole defense 30 feet from the basket when he set up the drive.

And honestly..yes if Kobe gets hurt the window will obviously close. The same thing goes if Lebron gets paralyzed...Your point?

When Kobe leaves the league its going to be a lot more boring...hopefully someone interesting and dynamic comes into the league.

KenneBell
05-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Kobe should look fairly good next season. He has been playing for 3 years straight if you think about it. I give him 3 more years at a fairly high level.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 10:36 AM
everyone ages...I think he has 3-4 years left because he is just gonna change his game and either bulk up or skim down. He has two years left being in the argument for best in the league. Then he will be a top 5-7 player until 35.

The reason Kobe gets to the basket with slow drives is he is playing with his mind. He is going at half speed saving energy. He isnt running, he beat the whole defense 30 feet from the basket when he set up the drive.

And honestly..yes if Kobe gets hurt the window will obviously close. The same thing goes if Lebron gets paralyzed...Your point?
I sense a defensive stance on your part. It's ok, I know Kobe's your favorite athlete.

Anyways, I digress, Kobe needs to slim down first of all, bulking up wont work in his favor. He needs to gain back some of that vert he's lost.

Kobe's using his mind and craftiness to get to the basket, great assessment, I agree 100%.

My point is that D Wade overcame a knee injury and separated shoulder in the off-season last year, because he's young, Kobe wont be able to bounce back from that type of procedure at this point.

Manute for Ever!
05-24-2009, 10:40 AM
I sense a defensive stance on your part. It's ok, I know Kobe's your favorite athlete.

What about what you wrote earlier in this thread?

Leave Jordan out of it, Jordan ran a 4.3 40 yard dash and Kobe's never been that quick, Jordan was a great two footed gather dunker as well as one footed leaper. Jordan could fly from the free throw line and Kobe's furthest dunk ever was the dotted circle. Jordan's superior athleticism is what got him through the post-baseball years. Even a shell of his former self he was still more athletic than 98% of the NBA. The level of dedication Jordan put going into the 95-96 season(his first full year back) has been well documented and will go unmatched. He trained with Deion Sanders for crap sakes....

Hard to critcise someone else for being defensive after that...

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 10:41 AM
What about this crap you wrote earlier in this thread?
Great point, I just hate the fact that people forget how great of an athlete Jordan was. You are correct in calling me out on that one. Jordan reminds me more of LeBron in the sense that p4p they are both incredible athletes.

You can see what I mean in this video here that I created:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyFMCnHxcxE

KenneBell
05-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Anyways, I digress, Kobe needs to slim down first of all, bulking up wont work in his favor. He needs to gain back some of that vert he's lost.

Kobe's been at 205 the past two seasons. I don't think he can afford to lose anymore.

KenneBell
05-24-2009, 10:43 AM
Great point, I just hate the fact that people forget how great of an athlete Jordan was. You are correct in calling me out on that one. Jordan reminds me more of LeBron in the sense that p4p they are both incredible athletes.

:roll:

LMAO at this guy apologizing then pimping his video. Unbelievable.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 10:48 AM

LMAO at this guy apologizing then pimping his video. Unbelievable.
The entire reason that I created that video is because there wasn't a very good comparison as far as athletics between Jordan and LeBron. If there was another one like it on the internet, I would post it you insecure homer. Yeah, I need to desperately "pimp" a video that already has 60,000 views, dumb.

Toizumi
05-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Well you could make the point that Clyde Drexler relied on his athleticism too, and he was a solid till his retirement, still putting up 18 PPG in his last season. Kobe is a way better scorer, so even if he loses a step I can see him putting up 22-25 PPG five years from now. I'll be surprised if he isnt top 5 for the next three seasons or so.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Well you could make the point that Clyde Drexler relied on his athleticism too, and he was a solid till his retirement, still putting up 18 PPG in his last season. Kobe is a way better scorer, so even if he loses a step I can see him putting up 22-25 PPG five years from now. I'll be surprised if he isnt top 5 for the next three seasons or so.
Oh I would agree that Clyde relied on his athleticism. Clyde was another free throw line jumping freak of nature. Clyde was also crafty at moving without the ball, slashing to the basket, and he had guys like Terry Porter and Kenny Smith who could get him the ball. Clyde was a capable shooter, similar to Dominique Wilkins but I agree that Kobe is a better shooter. The problem is that in today's NBA teams don't really run true offenses for a majority of the game, a lot of playmaking as well as pick n roll basketball, it's hard to be effective at that when your athleticism starts to decline. If Kobe played in the right offense I think he could progress better into his older advanced age. Jordan and Pippen flourished in the triangle but the Lakers don't really run the triangle as often as the Bulls did. I think Kobe would be a perfect fit for the Magic, to name one team. They rotate the ball and get each other open looks.

ronron15
05-24-2009, 10:55 AM
4 more seasons as best in the league

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 10:56 AM
:hammerhead:

branslowski
05-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Kobe is a crafty Vet playing mind games with these ppl....:oldlol: ....He's fcucking dominating the Nuggets...He's just conserving his energy...Atleast thats what I think...I mean, one minute he goes to the rim slow as hell and can barley jump in the air to lay the ball up...then the next minute (after Jones had pushed him in the back on a previous drive) he springs in the air to throw down a alley-oop like he was back in his early day's...Kobe is owning these cats, mainly with his mind games, and its so fun to watch....I knew J.R Smith thought that for a second, he was gonna get the upper hand on Kobe, then out of nowhere, Kobe is Great in the Clutch as usual...while also showing that Melo still isn't on his level...Kobe's Work Ethic is second to none, and he thrives himself to stay in tip top shape....and he also has the will and the fight to be the Best at everything he does..:pimp:

Toizumi
05-24-2009, 10:57 AM

you are soooo last season :D

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Kobe is a crafty Vet playing mind games with these ppl :rolleyes: ....:oldlol: ....He's fcucking dominating the Nuggets...He's just conserving his energy :rolleyes: ...Atleast thats what I think...I mean, one minute he goes to the rim slow as hell and can barley jump in the air to lay the ball up...then the next minute (after Jones had pushed him in the back on a previous drive) he springs in the air to throw down a alley-oop like he was back in his early day's :rolleyes: ...Kobe is owning these cats, mainly with his mind games, and its so fun to watch....I knew J.R Smith thought that for a second, he was gonna get the upper hand on Kobe, then out of nowhere, Kobe is Great in the Clutch as usual :rolleyes: ...while also showing that Melo still isn't on his level :rolleyes: ...Kobe's Work Ethic is second to none :rolleyes: , and he thrives himself to stay in tip top shape....and he also has the will and the fight to be the Best at everything he does :rolleyes: ..:pimp:
Thank you for that report ESPN. One must wonder why he didn't "dominate" the Jazz or the Rockets.

Let me add to this, conserving energy? Did you see him after yesterday's game?
Playing mind games?
A dunk like his #8 days? Hell no
Clutch as usual? http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm
So when Melo outplayed Kobe was he showing that he's better than Kobe? No
So Kobe's work ethic is better than LeBron, Wade and Dwight who live in the gym? This is an unknown fact
Kobe said recently when asked about Jerry West saying LeBron was the best, Kobe said being the best isn't something he's worried about...

branslowski
05-24-2009, 11:03 AM
Thank you for that report ESPN. One must wonder why he didn't "dominate" the Jazz or the Rockets.

Why do you do that?....We are playing the Nuggets...but the only way you can feel good is to bring up when he's not in the right....My Comment was a praise to Kobe, leave it at that...:confusedshrug:

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Why do you do that?....We are playing the Nuggets...but the only way you can feel good is to bring up when he's not in the right....My Comment was a praise to Kobe, leave it at that...:confusedshrug:
http://www.theburningbiscuit.com/Pictures%20for%20site/Random%20Pictures/Get%20rational%20-%20be%20real.gif

branslowski
05-24-2009, 11:07 AM

Playing mind games?
So Kobe's work ethic is better than LeBron, Wade and Dwight who live in the gym? This is an unknown fact
Kobe said recently when asked about Jerry West saying LeBron was the best, Kobe said being the best isn't something he's worried about...

My God are you insecure...Pathetic....You can't take any Positive light shadowed near Kobe's way without reaching for something negative to say...But I know Iknow, "Your not obvious agenda hating, your putting things in perspective and How can you be a Kobe hater when he is Top 10 in YOUR Perimeter player list"....:applause:

Younggrease
05-24-2009, 11:09 AM

Playing mind games?

people who have seen all 3 usually say its Kobe. The level of skill that Kobe shows in the stuff that comes from being in the gym makes it look like Kobe as well. Dwight barely has a post game and you put him in the conversation, Lebron's footwork is rudimentary as well.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 11:09 AM
My God are you insecure...Pathetic....You can't take any Positive light shadowed near Kobe's way without reaching for something negative to say...But I know Iknow, "Your not obvious agenda hating, your putting things in perspective and How can you be a Kobe hater when he is Top 10 in YOUR Perimeter player list"....:applause:
:bowdown: Kobe :violin: :hammerhead:

Lebron23Jordan
05-24-2009, 11:10 AM
U guys are seriously underestimating Kobe bryant, Kobes the best, and he will be Until he retires I give kobe 8 more years to dominate seriously

-i mean hes a little worse then Jordan..... MJ was a allstar at 40 , im not talking about poularity, Look at nash his best years where when he got older and went to the suns, look at chauncey Billups ppl thought he was On decline and this was 1 of his best seasons In denver

OneMoreSucka
05-24-2009, 11:11 AM
http://www.theburningbiscuit.com/Pictures%20for%20site/Random%20Pictures/Get%20rational%20-%20be%20real.gif

Lebron23Jordan
05-24-2009, 11:12 AM
seriously nash got older went to the suns and became MVP twice, Billups best year is this year well Ok 1 of his best, guarantee Kobes gonna be dominating until hes 36-37 gaurantee

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 11:12 AM
people who have seen all 3 usually say its Kobe. The level of skill that Kobe shows in the stuff that comes from being in the gym makes it look like Kobe as well. Dwight barely has a post game and you put him in the conversation, Lebron's footwork is rudimentary as well.
You really should start watching my LeBron highlight reels on youtube. His footwork is so far superior to Kobe's, but in contrary Wade's footwork and explosiveness is better than Kobe's so does that mean he's in the gym more? The point is nobody knows who's in the gym the most because nobody is out there doing a survey. Tyrus Thomas was shooting nearly 1,000 jump shots per day this past season, so is he the hardest worker? The hardest worker may be someone like Chris Paul or Amare, we don't know. Judging by builds, I would say Dwight Howard spends the most time in the weight room, so is he the hardest worker? Tony Parker, Devin Harris and LeBron are some of the faster players in the NBA so are they out doing road work every morning running 10 miles per day? The point is that this dork keeps posting things about Kobe as if they are fact when it's just a rumor or a non-fact. branslowski is one of the worst Kobe fans there are. At least the rest of you guys can be more realistic.

branslowski
05-24-2009, 11:16 AM
:bowdown: Kobe :violin: :hammerhead:

And im not madd at you...your doing your job...Your Kobe's little Skip Bayless...:oldlol: ....Like when he reaches for everything to smear LeBron and cringes up when LeBron plays great....Also, you lost all unbias credibility to me when you said "Kobe isnt even close to LeBron" or whatever....Your Bias Agenda against Kobe=Alpha Wolfs Bias Agenda against MJ....We Both know you are bias against Kobe, and you wont acknowledge it...All Good, everyone needs critics...LeBron/Skip Bayless...Kobe/Bruce, Pleezbeleive, Loki....MJ/Crazy man in the crowd shouting at him in crazy tones, Greg Anthony...:oldlol:

B
05-24-2009, 11:20 AM
You really should start watching my LeBron highlight reels on youtube. His footwork is so far superior to Kobe'sWatching your selective choice of clips proves only that you're a vidiot with an agenda.
Anyone can splice together clips to make a point.
It does not.
ie: see kb24pah's vidieo selection for a dweeb with a different slant.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 11:20 AM
And im not madd at you...your doing your job...Your Kobe's little Skip Bayless...:oldlol: ....Like when he reaches for everything to smear LeBron and cringes up when LeBron plays great....Also, you lost all unbias credibility to me when you said "Kobe isnt even close to LeBron" or whatever....Your Bias Agenda against Kobe=Alpha Wolfs Bias Agenda against MJ....We Both know you are bias against Kobe, and you wont acknowledge it...All Good, everyone needs critics...LeBron/Skip Bayless...Kobe/Bruce, Pleezbeleive, Loki....MJ/Crazy man in the crowd shouting at him in crazy tones, Greg Anthony...:oldlol:
Nope, unlike you I'm not attached to a man's pen!s. MJ is my favorite of all time, LeBron is my favorite now, but I could see someone surpassing both of them one day. I love how your little mind wont let you acknowledge the fact that you take your love for Kobe too far and it takes a realistic dawg like myself to spit some truth to ya grill homey.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 11:21 AM
[QUOTE=B

branslowski
05-24-2009, 11:22 AM
You really should start watching my LeBron highlight reels on youtube. His footwork is so far superior to Kobe's, but in contrary Wade's footwork and explosiveness is better than Kobe's so does that mean he's in the gym more? The point is nobody knows who's in the gym the most because nobody is out there doing a survey. Tyrus Thomas was shooting nearly 1,000 jump shots per day this past season, so is he the hardest worker? The hardest worker may be someone like Chris Paul or Amare, we don't know. Judging by builds, I would say Dwight Howard spends the most time in the weight room, so is he the hardest worker? Tony Parker, Devin Harris and LeBron are some of the faster players in the NBA so are they out doing road work every morning running 10 miles per day? The point is that this dork keeps posting things about Kobe as if they are fact when it's just a rumor or a non-fact. branslowski is one of the worst Kobe fans there are. At least the rest of you guys can be more realistic.

Homer comment saying LeBron's Footwork is Far Superior to Kobe's..:oldlol:

Yeah, im the worst Kobe Fan...Meaning, im the bad guy wo owns your ass non stop and exposes your BS that you spit out....And, ppl are only realistic who agree's with your opinion's...Duh....:oldlol:.....Your the only D-Bag I know who swears his opinions are Facts....

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Homer comment saying LeBron's Footwork is Far Superior to Kobe's..:oldlol:

Yeah, im the worst Kobe Fan...Meaning, im the bad guy wo owns your ass non stop and exposes your BS that you spit out....And, ppl are only realistic who agree's with your opinion's...Duh....:oldlol:.....Your the only D-Bag I know who swears his opinions are Facts....
This coming from a guy who claims to be able to tell when Kobe is playing mind games, how much work he puts into the gym in comparison to other players, and you probably think Kobe's walked on water and healed the blind as well. The only thing that's realistic about your opinions is the fact that they are really dumb and bias as a mother fawk. If I was all up Kobe's ass like you, you would love my d!ck just like you suck off Alborz all day long homey. Just look at the footspeed LeBron generates, some of the beautiful spin moves he's pulled off this year ever so often, the ability to get to the rim at will and better than Kobe comes because he has worse footwork than Kobe I suppose (rofl). Take his d!ck out of your face and try to focus on basketball and not his basket balls.

branslowski
05-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Nope, unlike you I'm not attached to a man's pen!s. MJ is my favorite of all time, LeBron is my favorite now, but I could see someone surpassing both of them one day. I love how your little mind wont let you acknowledge the fact that you take your love for Kobe too far and it takes a realistic dawg like myself to spit some truth to ya grill homey.

Say's the guy with 8 Account on Youtube sucking MJ's *****...Has A book worth of Saved up material about MJ, even his Eating Chart...Gets upset when someoe say's something positive about Kobe...Gets pissed when others don't suck on his Father MJ's ***** like he does...But i know, Your just defending MJ's legacy....And when I defend Kobe, Im on his *****....Im The Sh!t...:pimp:

KenneBell
05-24-2009, 11:26 AM
His footwork is so far superior to Kobe's, but in contrary Wade's footwork is better than Kobe's
:eek: :roll: :roll: :roll:

lo f*ckin l

1~Gibson~1
05-24-2009, 11:28 AM
How Long Will Kobe Bryant be a Superstar?????

Until he croaks :pimp:

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Say's the guy with 8 Account on Youtube sucking MJ's *****...Has A book worth of Saved up material about MJ, even his Eating Chart...Gets upset when someoe say's something positive about Kobe...Gets pissed when others don't suck on his Father MJ's ***** like he does...But i know, Your just defending MJ's legacy....And when I defend Kobe, Im on his *****....Im The Sh!t...:pimp:
The last time I checked I have 2 channels on youtube that feature MJ videos. You have your head so far up Kobe's ass you don't even see how incredible you are when it comes to being retarded. You should wipe Kobe's doo doo butter off your face and learn how to judge basketball players from an unbias standpoint. That will never happen though because you have a friggin man crush. By the way, Jordan is still the most popular NBA player of all time so I guess everyone else out there who echo's my thoughts on MJ are just dumb ass Chicago fans who like to fantasize about getting d!ck thumped by Jordan, oh wait, that's your fantasy with Kobe.

branslowski
05-24-2009, 11:29 AM

lo f*ckin l

Excuse For That.....Confused LeBron Homer

His man crush MJ retired, so he needs a new sack to rest his lips on...

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 11:29 AM

lo f*ckin l
True comment of a Kobe fan who clearly doesn't watch enough D Wade and LeBron. Yes D Wade and LeBron, who get to the rim more than Kobe, beating and embarrassing defenders, they do it because they have worse footwork than Kobe, dumbass.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 11:30 AM
Excuse For That.....Confused LeBron Homer

His man crush MJ retired, so he needs a new sack to rest his lips on...
Yep, Jerry West and Oscar Robertson think LeBron is the best player in the NBA, I will post the picture here later of LeBron's baIIsack on their foreheads you moron.

KenneBell
05-24-2009, 11:32 AM
True comment of a Kobe fan who clearly doesn't watch enough D Wade and LeBron. Yes D Wade and LeBron, who get to the rim more than Kobe, beating and embarrassing defenders, they do it because they have worse footwork than Kobe, dumbass.
They do it because they are more explosive than Kobe is. Off the dribble they are far quicker than Kobe is right now. Not hard for anyone to see that.

However, both are not very close in terms of footwork in the post or even in the triple threat position.

branslowski
05-24-2009, 11:33 AM
The last time I checked I have 2 channels on youtube that feature MJ videos. I have my head so far up Jordan's ass I don't even see how incredible Iam when it comes to being retarded. I should wipe MJ's doo doo butter off my face and learn how to judge basketball players from an unbias standpoint. That will never happen though because I have a friggin man crush. By the way, Jordan is still the most popular NBA player of all time so I guess everyone else out there who echo's my thoughts on MJ are just dumb ass Chicago fans who like to fantasize about getting d!ck thumped by Jordan, oh wait, that's MY fantasy with LeBron also.

Fixed..

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 11:35 AM
They do it because they are more explosive than Kobe is. Off the dribble they are far quicker than Kobe is right now. Not hard for anyone to see that.

However, both are not very close in terms of footwork in the post or even in the triple threat position.
You have got to be kidding me, they all use similar moves with their pivots and when it comes to attacking the basket LeBron and Wade's footwork is virtually top notch in the game right now. That's what separates them. While Kobe may have a slight edge on the perimeter with his footwork, LeBron and Wade more than surpass him with the footwork they display attacking the basket. LeBron's post game footwork has come a long way and D Wade's post game foot work is nearly flawless. Wade said he studied MJ footage in the off-season and tried to adapt what he studied. You can see the influences. Maybe the gap isn't as large as I first implied but I think when you factor in the way Wade and LeBron beat defenders so often attacking the rim, they are in a different league right now for me. You may disagree.

Hey branslowski so do I have Wade's balls on my forehead too?

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 11:35 AM
Fixed..
You suckass fan, grow up and learn how to become an NBA fan and not a fan of one player.

branslowski
05-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Hey branslowski so do I have Wade's balls on my forehead too?

Aw, no dude..Just the usual MJ and LeBron filling...:rockon:

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 11:39 AM
[/B]

Aw, no dude..Just the usual MJ and LeBron filling...:rockon:

Unlike you I follow the entire NBA with a passion, you follow Kobe with a passion, see the difference? If I was a Jordan suckass I wouldn't give a flying sh!t about LeBron James, Wade, Dwight, CP3, Kobe, Derrick Rose, you name it. I can show you real Jordan stalkers. I can show you real LeBron homers. You are in the category of Kobe apostle.

branslowski
You suckass fan, grow up and learn how to become an NBA fan and not a fan of one player.

Say's the 30+yr old who cracks imature Jokes about doo doo butter...

And Iam a NBA Fan...and I really don't care if you don't understand that or not...I just Defend my Fav player from BS Agenda comments....

nbastatus
:lol :lol :lol
bruceblitz is awesome

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Say's the 30+yr old who cracks imature Jokes about doo doo butter...

And Iam a NBA Fan...and I really don't care if you don't understand that or not...I just Defend my Fav player from BS Agenda comments....
Yes, anyone who goes against Kobe Christ has an agenda. I know how you work. If you could spit shine Kobe's basketball sack you would in a swiftness.

KenneBell
05-24-2009, 11:42 AM
LeBron's post game footwork has come a long way and D Wade's post game foot work is nearly flawless. Wade said he studied MJ footage in the off-season and tried to adapt what he studied. You can see the influences.
And yet they are still not close to Kobe in the post. This Denver series shows that.

I don't even think LeBron and Wade are on Paul Pierce's level in terms of what we are talking about. You seem to be the only one that holds the opinion that LeBron and Wade have the best footwork in the league when most NBA fans would say otherwise.

Those guys get into the lane on pure athleticism. That is why people are wondering if they can keep it up as they age and lose speed and jumping ability.

branslowski
05-24-2009, 11:42 AM
Unlike you I follow the entire NBA with a passion, you follow Kobe with a passion, see the difference? If I was a Jordan suckass I wouldn't give a flying sh!t about LeBron James, Wade, Dwight, CP3, Kobe, Derrick Rose, you name it. I can show you real Jordan stalkers. I can show you real LeBron homers. You are in the category of Kobe apostle.

Jordan Stalker= Bruce Blitz, Waffemcsplat

LeBron Homer= Bruce Blitz, Pleezbelieve

Kobe apostle=Alpha Wolf.....But I guess it also means ppl who don't agree with everything you say about Kobe....Exposed..

Younggrease
05-24-2009, 11:43 AM

No bias...:roll:

Your own video proves it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcH18iA_GDY

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Jordan Stalker= Bruce Blitz, Waffemcsplat

LeBron Homer= Bruce Blitz, Pleezbelieve

Kobe apostle=Alpha Wolf.....But I guess it also means ppl who don't agree with everything you say about Kobe....Exposed..
Gotta love it, you can be a homer for 2 players? You contradict yourself by even saying that. You tote the d!ck of the biggest Kobe apologist on the internet every day like he's gonna cream pie your face because your HIDDEN AGENDA is to worship Kobe until his pen!s falls off in your mouth.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 11:44 AM
No bias...:roll:

Your own video proves it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcH18iA_GDY
That's an observation, even Kobe fans know he's not as fast as LeBron or Jordan, simple. :hammerhead:

Younggrease
05-24-2009, 11:46 AM
That's an observation, even Kobe fans know he's not as fast as LeBron or Jordan, simple. :hammerhead:

and then why did you put 29 1/2 year old Kobe after 13 seasons and 2 knee surguries against athetic prime Jordan and Lebron...If its so obvious why not show Kobe in his athletic prime...Its shows the bias

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 11:46 AM
And yet they are still not close to Kobe in the post. This Denver series shows that.

I don't even think LeBron and Wade are on Paul Pierce's level in terms of what we are talking about. You seem to be the only one that holds the opinion that LeBron and Wade have the best footwork in the league when most NBA fans would say otherwise.

Those guys get into the lane on pure athleticism. That is why people are wondering if they can keep it up as they age and lose speed and jumping ability.
I give you props KenneBell for having an actual basketball conversation in text here. Anyways, I'm not the only one who thinks that, I just think Wade and LeBron don't get as much of the spotlight on their footwork, you really do need to watch all of their games. Wade was amazing this year, I'm glad I invested so much time watching Heat games streaming this year, Wade's season was retarded(in a good way). Wade had a better year than LeBron but LeBron's team record won him the MVP.

branslowski
05-24-2009, 11:48 AM
Gotta love it, I can be a homer for 2 players. You are right by saying that. I tote the d!ck of the biggest Jordan Sperm Chaser on the internet every day like he's gonna cream pie my face because my OBVIOUS AGENDA is to worship MJ until his pen!s falls off in my mouth.

Fixed again...you do a great job in explaning yourself..:applause:

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 11:49 AM
and then why did you put 29 1/2 year old Kobe after 13 seasons and 2 knee surguries against athetic prime Jordan and Lebron...If its so obvious why not show Kobe in his athletic prime...Its shows the bias
You can hold me to it, I will make another comparison video of them all in the open court if you would like, using plays from youth, prime, aged(wont be able to show aged with LeBron). I can do this in the off-season. One of my so called "fans" on youtube asked me to make that video when they saw Kobe in the open court a couple of years ago. Kobe was faster 5 years ago, I agree, but just not as fast as Jordan and LeBron. Kobe's probably a 4.6 athlete in his prime, which is still pretty fast. I think that's about Terrell Owens speed, in contrast Jordan had just a notch below Deion Sanders speed and LeBron has that Randy Moss(prime) type speed. We talkin bout speed? :oldlol:

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 11:50 AM
Fixed again...you do a great job in explaning yourself..:applause:
Once again using one of my statements about you, which accurately describes your agenda, to misconstrue my fanhood. Great job apostle.

branslowski
05-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Once again using one of my statements about you, which accurately describes your agenda, to misconstrue my fanhood. Great job apostle.

Nah, your just completing online Hypocritical suicide...:pimp:

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 11:53 AM
This coming from a guy who celebrates Kobe's birthday like it's Christmas. Apostle boy you probably exchange gifts on the day "Kobe was born".

KenneBell
05-24-2009, 11:56 AM
, I just think Wade and LeBron don't get as much of the spotlight on their footwork, you really do need to watch all of their games. Wade was amazing this year, I'm glad I invested so much time watching Heat games streaming this year, Wade's season was retarded(in a good way). Wade had a better year than LeBron but LeBron's team record won him the MVP.
Bruce you are a smart guy. I just think you are very biased sometimes.

With LBJ and Wade, they have great interior spin moves, very hard to stop, but that's not everything when it comes to this stuff. They are improving no doubt but Kobe 6 years in was better at it, even back then. Int he post Wade is too short and LeBron just doesn't have that type of creativity IMO.

You say Wade was inspired by MJ but you can tell that Kobe has taken more of his game than any other player and one of the most glaring similarities is their ability to use their footwork to get people off balance and get space no matter how athletic they were at that point in their careers.

branslowski
05-24-2009, 11:58 AM
This coming from a guy who celebrates Kobe's birthday like it's Christmas. Apostle boy you probably exchange gifts on the day "Kobe was born".

I celebrating Kobe's Birthday??:oldlol: ....WOW Bruce, your done, your staggering to get up on your feet after getting a Mike Tyson like Body Punch from me...Reaching...Celebrating Birthday's?...Your dissapointing me Bruce..:(

Tha Catalyst
05-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Haha this thread really got off topic. My point in comparison for jordan/bryant was not in their respictive athletic abilites but rather their physical conditioning and ability to take care of thier bodies. It was due partly to this conditioning that jordan was a durable athlete throughout his career and bryant to date has been durable. This conditioning will allow bryant to maintain a high level of play for at least a few more years, assuming no major injuries occur.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Bruce you are a smart guy. I just think you are very biased sometimes.

With LBJ and Wade, they have great interior spin moves, very hard to stop, but that's not everything when it comes to this stuff. They are improving no doubt but Kobe 6 years in was better at it, even back then.

You say Wade was inspired by MJ but you can tell that Kobe has taken more of his game than any other player and one of the most glaring similarities is their ability to use their footwork to get people off balance and get space no matter how athletic they were at that point in their careers.
We are at the point where we are posting our opinions. I've seriously watched a lot of Kobe Bryant's career, almost all of it, and I'm obviously following Wade and LeBron now too, from an analytical standpoint. A lot of Wade and LeBron's footwork comes from their athleticism, balance and repetition. Kobe's footwork was much closer to theirs in say the 2002-2003 season when I was most impressed with Kobe and Kobe was my favorite player in the game at the time. I would say 2002-2003 Kobe would be right on par with these two guys, if not better as far as footwork is concerned. If we are talking about RIGHT NOW though I think Kobe himself has limited himself in the type of techniques he uses when pertaining to footwork. He has his go-to moves now, his inside-out dribble is still better than Wade and LeBron's, I think Wade's crossovers and cutting ability supercedes all of them, and LeBron's powerful moves and ability to still gracefully move through the paint while cutting and spinning, is unreal. As far as post game footwork, the ability to get a guy off balance, and things of that nature, the gap is much closer. As I previously stated, I just think the type of cuts and footwork Wade and LeBron show while going to the rim is what separates them at this point. It's not a fair comparison because Kobe's older now though. I also agree that Kobe has emulated Jordan's game to the furthest extent.

cdbleb
05-24-2009, 12:05 PM
Kobe will be a superstar as long as hes in the league. Once youve built a resume like Kobes (Regardless of my opinions on how he got that resume) and the popularity of Kobe (Even before he had that resume) youll always be considered a superstar. Last season when he won his MVP a lot of people thought CP3 deserved it and Kobe demolished everyone in the voting. Im not saying he did or didnt deserve it but I definitely didnt think he should have won it by as much as he did. Jordan (DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A COMPARISON...Im just using it as reference) in many peoples eyes didnt deserve to start in the All Star game when VC stepped down and gave him the spot but based on legacy alone everyone accepted it and everyone still viewed MJ as a top tier player even though he was only a 20 per game scorer. I know "Thats Michael Jordan" but right now the NBA reaches more homes worldwide than it ever has and Kobe is the most recognizable NBA athlete worldwide so I assume the same type of treatment will go for him considering theres more media to keep hyping him up even after he drops to just another 20/4/4 guy. Magic Johnson was considered a superstar when he returned even though he only played a handful of games and was way below the player he was when he originally retired. People mention Bill Walton with the Celtics in 85/86 like he was some major contributor even though he was nothing ore than a sufficient 6th man.

Kobe plays in LA, and he is the most popular player in the league...He will always be a superstar in most peoples eyes (media) and he will always be treated like hes a top 5 player because there will always be that chance that he will go off for 40-50 points on the next generations superstars.

KenneBell
05-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Kobe will be a superstar as long as hes in the league. Once youve built a resume like Kobes (Regardless of my opinions on how he got that resume) and the popularity of Kobe (Even before he had that resume) youll always be considered a superstar. Last season when he won his MVP a lot of people thought CP3 deserved it and Kobe demolished everyone in the voting. Im not saying he did or didnt deserve it but I definitely didnt think he should have won it by as much as he did. Jordan (DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A COMPARISON...Im just using it as reference) in many peoples eyes didnt deserve to start in the All Star game when VC stepped down and gave him the spot but based on legacy alone everyone accepted it and everyone still viewed MJ as a top tier player even though he was only a 20 per game scorer. I know "Thats Michael Jordan" but right now the NBA reaches more homes worldwide than it ever has and Kobe is the most recognizable NBA athlete worldwide so I assume the same type of treatment will go for him considering theres more media to keep hyping him up even after he drops to just another 20/4/4 guy. Magic Johnson was considered a superstar when he returned even though he only played a handful of games and was way below the player he was when he originally retired. People mention Bill Walton with the Celtics in 85/86 like he was some major contributor even though he was nothing ore than a sufficient 6th man.

Kobe plays in LA, and he is the most popular player in the league...He will always be a superstar in most peoples eyes (media) and he will always be treated like hes a top 5 player because there will always be that chance that he will go off for 40-50 points on the next generations superstars.
Pretty much sums it up.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 12:07 PM

Great point. As far as some fan's point of view and the media, I agree. Basketball savants usually have a different rankings list than the media and surface fans though, so I took the topic as "how long do YOU think he will be playing superstar level basketball". When you say this I think about the fact that Shaq was getting so much attention this year while Dwight Howard was just demolishing the bigs in the NBA. Great points cdbleb.

JJ81
05-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Until he retires, no doubt.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-24-2009, 12:42 PM
once a Superstar, always a Superstar... unless you flameout early.
Kobe will always be a "superstar", just like MJ was a superstar in Washington...and would probably be one today.

however, his production will now start to decrease at an increasing rate.
he has many years on those legs. His first step is already going... and his explosion is clearly diminished.

he is now learning how to make up for lost "athleticism".

Juges8932
05-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Kobe will play like a superstar for the next 3-5 years IMO.

oh the horror
05-24-2009, 01:14 PM
I think 2 years of being a top tier performer....he will decline heavily in the upcomming years.

Some of you really do not seem to grasp the concept of how much faster highschool players age, in comparison to whoever else.

Kobe will be entering his what? 14th SEASON of basketball next year? I dont care how well you keep your body, it doesnt WORK that way folks.

LA_Showtime
05-24-2009, 01:20 PM
One more season and. then Kobe will become an aging star and continue to decline. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kobe look more energized next season since he'll finally have a summer to rest up.

TryToBeUnbias
05-24-2009, 01:31 PM
LMAO :applause:

TryToBeUnbias
05-24-2009, 01:34 PM
:applause:

CarpeDiemKJ
05-24-2009, 02:31 PM
He has 5 more years of being an elite player. Though he's only 30, he has tons of mileage on his body, due to the long playoff runs, and the fact that he came to the NBA at a young age (17-18). His decline will be a sad thing to watch, but his work ethic and dedication in the offseason, will not allow him to be a total shell of his former shelf.

If he plays past 35, I can see him averaging 14-15 ppg.

LA_Showtime
05-24-2009, 02:44 PM
He has 5 more years of being an elite player. Though he's only 30, he has tons of mileage on his body, due to the long playoff runs, and the fact that he came to the NBA at a young age (17-18). His decline will be a sad thing to watch, but his work ethic and dedication in the offseason, will not allow him to be a total shell of his former shelf.

If he plays past 35, I can see him averaging 14-15 ppg.

You honestly can see Kobe averaging 25-28 PPG for the next 5 seasons?

dajadeed
05-24-2009, 03:25 PM

You are a ****ing retard. Kobe is only a 2 footed jumper? It's so ****ing obvious that you have absolutely no ****ing clue what the **** you are talking about, you stupid son of a *****.

JtotheIzzo
05-24-2009, 03:27 PM
You are a ****ing retard. Kobe is only a 2 footed jumper? It's so ****ing obvious that you have absolutely no ****ing clue what the **** you are talking about, you stupid son of a *****.

bruceblitz is clinically retarded, getting worked up over his posts is a waste of time.

GiveItToBurrito
05-24-2009, 03:34 PM
He's probably got another three years left playing at this level. Even Jordan, the gold standard for wing longevity, lost some of his effectiveness during the last title runs, and he was actually very inefficient when he played with the Wizards. I mean, his true shooting percentages were in the 40s.

CarpeDiemKJ
05-24-2009, 03:52 PM

No. 20-22 ppg. Pau Gasol will still be on the roster, and the key members on the roster's offensive game should improve, as Kobe's offensive game declines.

All Net
05-24-2009, 04:08 PM
No. 20-22 ppg. Pau Gasol will still be on the roster, and the key members on the roster's offensive game should improve, as Kobe's offensive game declines.

By that time with any luck Bynum will be developed by then and seen as the go to guy on offense.

JohnnySic
05-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Kobe will "Kobe" for 2 more years and then he will turn into Michael Finley. Enjoy it while it lasts.

D-Rose
05-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Hopefully he doesn't commit to Team USA again, he needs to rest in the summers.

I think he'll be at least 20 ppg 5 years from now.

Killbot
05-24-2009, 06:11 PM
2-3 years.

Tez62
05-24-2009, 07:02 PM
Ya, BB isn't a Kobe hater :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmVPi5m0DR8&feature=related

DKLaker
12-25-2012, 07:58 PM
I think 2 years of being a top tier performer....he will decline heavily in the upcomming years.

Some of you really do not seem to grasp the concept of how much faster highschool players age, in comparison to whoever else.

Kobe will be entering his what? 14th SEASON of basketball next year? I dont care how well you keep your body, it doesnt WORK that way folks.

Bump from May 2009 :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

TheMarkMadsen
12-25-2012, 08:03 PM
So according to Bruce blitz Kobe should have been DONE last year:lol

"Trust me, I watch the games"

talkingconch
12-25-2012, 08:13 PM
:kobe:

Heavincent
12-25-2012, 08:13 PM
So according to Bruce blitz Kobe should have been DONE last year:lol

"Trust me, I watch the games"

Everything he says about Kobe turns out to be wrong :oldlol:

NBASTATMAN
12-25-2012, 08:14 PM

??????

He may have 3-4 more years cuz he has always played with a good deal of talent and he only has to score. Though I don't think he is a top 2 player in the league anymore. Durant is clearly better and guys like Dirk and Melo are there with him if they are healthy.

ClutchOver9000
12-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Much respect for Kobe, the guy exemplifies dedication/passion and his talent is off the charts so no surprise he's still balling.

The-Legend-24
12-25-2012, 08:20 PM
They say this every year, and every year he proves them wrong.

GAWDBE :bowdown:

IGOTGAME
12-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Kobe gonna dropping 27 ppg at 38. Haters gun be mad as fuct

Rysio
12-25-2012, 08:23 PM
till the day he retires.

AlphaWolf24
12-25-2012, 09:51 PM

this....

- Jordan stans ruining basketball 1 post at a time....

- Laker fans and Kobe stans recognizing game when we see it......the best fanbase in hoops

- this thread proves it.

DKLaker
12-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Kobe gonna dropping 27 ppg at 38. Haters gun be mad as fuct

THIS :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: GAWDBE

BallsOut
12-26-2012, 02:40 PM

:biggums:

Mr. Jabbar
12-26-2012, 02:45 PM

Good job nostradamus. :facepalm

Doranku
12-26-2012, 02:53 PM

:roll: This fat f*ck knows next to nothing about the sport of basketball.

Rubio2Gasol
12-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Barkley got ethered.

Honestly....

tpols
12-26-2012, 02:59 PM
ROFL:lol

The Iron Fist
12-26-2012, 03:46 PM

30-5-5-1.5

Doesn't work that way for regular folks, but kobes not regular.

SilkkTheShocker
12-26-2012, 03:49 PM
At least two more but his days of winning chapionships are over unless they some how get someone better than Kobe. I don't think he will ever be the best player on a championship team again.

tomtucker
12-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Kobe will be a Superstar forever

upside24
12-26-2012, 04:22 PM
I know I'm a Kobe fan but even to those who dislike him his ability to do what he is doing at his age has to be impressive.

I don't know if he can maintain this level of play for an entire season, but it's fun watching old man river drop 30 game after game.

DKLaker
12-27-2012, 04:17 PM
I know I'm a Kobe fan but even to those who dislike him his ability to do what he is doing at his age has to be impressive.

I don't know if he can maintain this level of play for an entire season, but it's fun watching old man river drop 30 game after game.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Legends66NBA7
12-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Barkley got ethered.

Honestly....

What did Barkley say ?