PDA

View Full Version : Better footwork: Kobe Bryant or Lebron James

Pages : [1] 2

Younggrease
05-24-2009, 11:15 AM
His[Lebron] footwork is far superior to Kobe's

Im I missing something. Has Lebron gone from the crab dribble to having a great jabstep and skill game

OneMoreSucka
05-24-2009, 11:25 AM
It's gotten a lot better actually.

pethuel03
05-24-2009, 11:25 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fWLtJmEhLG0/SWy4IyP3_yI/AAAAAAAADVs/uUcTL59byyc/s400/captain+obvious.jpg

konex
05-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Kobe and it's not even close. I think Bron is a better dribbler though..

plowking
05-24-2009, 11:29 AM
Is bruce serious?

Kobe and Melo have the best footwork in the game.

KenneBell
05-24-2009, 11:34 AM
Is bruce serious?

Kobe and Melo have the best footwork in the game.
Bruce is very serious. He said DWade and LeBron have far superior footwork.

Indian guy
05-24-2009, 11:41 AM
So you decided to create a topic based on some thing bruce said?

OldSchoolBBall
05-24-2009, 12:08 PM
He's gotten much better, but this is still clearly Kobe.

Papaya Petee
05-24-2009, 12:09 PM

I still think Kobe has a much better footwork then both of them.

PP34Deuce
05-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Lebron is so fast and athletic he hasnt had to perfect footwork. he just picks a lane and runs.

Kobe is slightly getting slower, his footwork has been great on the perimeter.

Best swingman post footwork is Paul Pierce tho

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 12:13 PM
D Wade should be in the conversation:

Here's what I posted in another thread:

We are at the point where we are posting our opinions. I've seriously watched a lot of Kobe Bryant's career, almost all of it, and I'm obviously following Wade and LeBron now too, from an analytical standpoint. A lot of Wade and LeBron's footwork comes from their athleticism, balance and repetition. Kobe's footwork was much closer to theirs in say the 2002-2003 season when I was most impressed with Kobe and Kobe was my favorite player in the game at the time. I would say 2002-2003 Kobe would be right on par with these two guys, if not better as far as footwork is concerned. If we are talking about RIGHT NOW though I think Kobe himself has limited himself in the type of techniques he uses when pertaining to footwork. He has his go-to moves now, his inside-out dribble is still better than Wade and LeBron's, I think Wade's crossovers and cutting ability supercedes all of them, and LeBron's powerful moves and ability to still gracefully move through the paint while cutting and spinning, is unreal. As far as post game footwork, the ability to get a guy off balance, and things of that nature, the gap is much closer. As I previously stated, I just think the type of cuts and footwork Wade and LeBron show while going to the rim is what separates them at this point. It's not a fair comparison because Kobe's older now though. I also agree that Kobe has emulated Jordan's game to the furthest extent.

Here's a video I created that features some of LeBron's footwork:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW4bGfgKGDo
Enjoy.

Toizumi
05-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Kobe. for moves like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfiaVABTwbY) and this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H7-KvYB84k&feature=related). Just commercials... but those are his signature moves. best footwork in the game today.

phoenix18
05-24-2009, 12:15 PM
How does Lebron have good footwork when travels every game? Paul Pierce has the best footwork in the league.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 12:16 PM
:oldlol: ...Don't even know how this can even be a topic of disscussion, you would have to be a complete dumb fcuck to think FOOTWORK WISE...LeBron>Kobe....let alone FAR SUPERIOR...:oldlol:
Kobemas is coming up! Make sure you get your Kobemas presents! K-Mas! Kids love K-Mas! Shaq Claus is coming to town, yes Shaq is coming to town!

(reference to branslowski's yearly Kobe holiday on his birthday when he celebrates the day that Kobe was born) (I also hear by rumor that branslowski celebrates the first day that Kobe played without Shaq as Kobeaster because as we all know that was the day Kobe was resurrected)

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 12:17 PM
How does Lebron have good footwork when travels every game? Paul Pierce has the best footwork in the league.
I can post tons of highlights of Kobe picking up his pivot foot in the post and on the perimeter. Please.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-24-2009, 12:17 PM
only an uneducated fan would believe that Lebron has better footwork than Kobe. it's not even close. hell, if it was for his remarkable footwork (among the best ever), he would not be able to get off some of his shots.

stupid to even question this.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 12:18 PM
only an uneducated fan would believe that Lebron has better footwork than Kobe. it's not even close. hell, if it was for his remarkable footwork (among the best ever), he would not be able to get off some of his shots.

stupid to even question this.
:rolleyes: Who in their right mind would question the great Kobe Christ?

Good video I created that features some highlights of LeBron's crisp footwork:

Another good video I created of Wade's footwork and game(Video is kind of old but you can see how he was even a couple of years ago, his footwork has gotten so much better too):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1SKFntjMYE

KenneBell
05-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Kobe. for moves like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfiaVABTwbY) and this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H7-KvYB84k&feature=related). Just commercials... but those are his signature moves. best footwork in the game today.
No it's Kobe for stuff like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFQOid1ERSc&feature=PlayList&p=C9931D9CA6789FC7&index=52#t=2m11s) and this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg_O3lSRttQ).

This isn't hard people. :lol

PP34Deuce
05-24-2009, 12:22 PM
Paul Pierces footwork is the reason he is still borderline elite scorer. He may not be the flashy pick, but he has many times made uber athletic Lebron James look silly with that step back and spin move.

Even Lebron along with Tayshaun Prince said pierce is a head ache to guard cause his footwork is so good

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-24-2009, 12:23 PM
Im I missing something. Has Lebron gone from the crab dribble to having a great jabstep and skill game

dude, you're quoting BruceBlitz??? wtf, you might as well quote PleezeBelieve.
he's an uneducated troll...nobody takes him seriously...except himself.
:oldlol:

Showtime
05-24-2009, 12:24 PM
They both travel a lot but don't get called. What I especially hate is when they take a pass when they are moving, and they take two or three steps after before they dribble.

KenneBell
05-24-2009, 12:25 PM
Paul Pierces footwork is the reason he is still borderline elite scorer. He may not be the flashy pick, but he has many times made uber athletic Lebron James look silly with that step back and spin move.

Even Lebron along with Tayshaun Prince said pierce is a head ache to guard cause his footwork is so good
No doubt. That's what I told Bruce in the other thread.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 12:26 PM
(4:49) mark show me one play where Kobe shows that kind of explosion in his footwork. You can't.

YoungMula
05-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Kobemas is coming up! Make sure you get your Kobemas presents! K-Mas! Kids love K-Mas! Shaq Claus is coming to town, yes Shaq is coming to town!

(reference to branslowski's yearly Kobe holiday on his birthday when he celebrates the day that Kobe was born) (I also hear by rumor that branslowski celebrates the first day that Kobe played without Shaq as Kobeaster because as we all know that was the day Kobe was resurrected)

lol okay coming from a guy that posted a dumb lebron movie that he created... for you lebronmas is every day isnt it? ur retarded.. I can only imagine how many times you have gotten off to espn showing lebrons buzzer beater

heres a movie for you, annoying ass nut hugger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvLlfqzSMXc

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 12:28 PM
lol okay coming from a guy that posted a dumb lebron movie that he created... for you lebronmas is every day isnt it? ur retarded.. I can only imagine how many times you have gotten off to espn showing lebrons buzzer beater

heres a movie for you, annoying ass nut hugger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvLlfqzSMXc
Yep, the LeBron homer who says Wade had a better individual year. :hammerhead:

KenneBell
05-24-2009, 12:29 PM
mark show me one play where Kobe shows that kind of explosion in his footwork. You can't.
That's athleticism, not footwork. There is a difference. That's what I keep telling you.

40 year old MJ had great footwork but he couldn't get out of his own way. Didn't matter.

bleedinpurpleTwo

true.
PPs combination of footwork and strength make him top-shelf offensive player.
...and smooth stroke.

bruceblitz
It's simple, I don't like Bruce because he wont deep throat Kobe like I do. Bruce actually wastes his time on players like Wade and LeBron, what a loser! :oldlol:
:confusedshrug:

GMW
05-24-2009, 12:30 PM
(4:49) mark show me one play where Kobe shows that kind of explosion in his footwork. You can't.
Do you even know what footwork is?

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Kennel Bell says that isn't footwork :oldlol: :hammerhead:

KenneBell
05-24-2009, 12:31 PM
I don't think he does because I didn't see anything in that video worth mentioning in this topic.

pete's montreux
I'll take Pierce over both of them.

bleedinpurpleTwo
No, Bruce is smart on Topics, Good Old-school Fan...Just that his Agenda against Kobe blocks his unbias views on Kobe's Game...I used to take his opinion's serious, but now I just argue with him because its fun picking on a retard sometimes...:oldlol: ...He has....."KHS" aka "Kobe Hater Syndrome"...You wan't to turn reality into your own fantasy of whats real or not...so anything positive Kobe does, they want to revert it to a negative...and WARNING: If you don't agree with the "KBU", then it's a simple solution....You are a blind dumb homer....:oldlol:

didn't your Mama teach you that it's not nice to pick on tards! :roll:

the nutjob can't help himself, ignore him like everyone else does.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Best footwork in the NBA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1SKFntjMYE

(and that is a couple of years old, I can't imagine how bad ass of a video I could make if I make another Wade video from this year)

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 12:32 PM
:oldlol: ..I didn't say that...Good one though..
you have bleedinpurpleTWO and Alborz on your side, talk about a backhanded compliment. That's a slap in the face.

GMW
05-24-2009, 12:34 PM
I don't think he does because I didn't see anything in that video worth mentioning in this topic.
he cannot tell the difference between footwork and athleticism... quite sad.

JJ81
Two words - Crab Dribble.

bleedinpurpleTwo
I'll take Pierce over both of them.

Maybe Melo is trying to model his game after Pierce.
Both have great footwork, both can post, both have GREAT shooting strokes, both are strong.

Pierce is just stronger mentally.

justin43
05-24-2009, 12:35 PM
:oldlol: ...Don't even know how this can even be a topic of disscussion, you would have to be a complete dumb fcuck to think FOOTWORK WISE...LeBron>Kobe....let alone FAR SUPERIOR...:oldlol:

I have to agree on this one. Kobe' s footwork >> Lebron's footwork. Lebron uses more power in his step. He doesn't use footwork to get to the hole.

KenneBell
05-24-2009, 12:36 PM
he cannot tell the difference between footwork and athleticism... quite sad.
What he doesn't understand is that footwork doesn't go away as players age or get slower. Like I said, Wizards MJ had great footwork but was damn slow. Kobe and Pierce aren't quick either and the only way they can get their shots off is by setting up people.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-24-2009, 12:37 PM
footwork:
Kobe, PP, Melo, Dwade

then you have guys like
Lebron, Roy, CP3, etc

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-24-2009, 12:39 PM
I WILL say this:
Kobe's first step sure aint what it used to be.
for that matter...neither is his last step (explosion).

still pretty good though.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 12:42 PM
What he doesn't understand is that footwork doesn't go away as players age or get slower. Like I said, Wizards MJ had great footwork but was damn slow. Kobe and Pierce aren't quick either and the only way they can get their shots off is by setting up people.
So the fact that Jordan had great footwork at the age of 40 means Kobe will too? You just don't get it, Wade and LeBron's footwork is so much more effective. For every play you can show me Kobe shaking a defender with his footwork I can show you 2 that LeBron does it and 3 that Wade does it. I'm the last guy you need to tell about MJ, I'm one of the few Chicago fans who was old enough to see Jordan's entire career and young enough to care about teaching the youth things they don't know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55n75MXOJ28

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 12:43 PM
footwork:
Kobe, PP, Melo, Dwade

then you have guys like
Lebron, Roy, CP3, etc
At least you finally acknowledge the man with the best footwork in the game D Wade. Tony Parker's footwork is amazing too.

KenneBell
So the fact that Jordan had great footwork at the age of 40 means Kobe will too?
Did I say that? I really don't care how much Jordan you watched.

Even the biggest Jordan supporter in here(OldSchoolBBall, far superior in knowledge of MJ to you) agrees with me.

Juges8932
Kobe Bryant.

As for overall, yeah, DWade has some sick footwork, especially when pertaining to cuts and slashing, but I still think Kobe's is better.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Did I say that? I really don't care how much Jordan you watched.
I'm glad to see that isn't what you implied but the amount of someone's career you have seen makes a huge difference when stating opinions. Huge.

GMW
05-24-2009, 12:45 PM
So the fact that Jordan had great footwork at the age of 40 means Kobe will too? You just don't get it, Wade and LeBron's footwork is so much more effective. For every play you can show me Kobe shaking a defender with his footwork I can show you 2 that LeBron does it and 3 that Wade does it. I'm the last guy you need to tell about MJ, I'm one of the few Chicago fans who was old enough to see Jordan's entire career and young enough to care about teaching the youth things they don't know.
Lebron (almost exclusively) and Wade (more often than not) beat their defender not based on footwork but purely on their explosiveness and quickness.

But whatever, I don't get the feeling you'll ever get it, you just don't seem to be very bright.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 12:45 PM
I don't carry side's brah.....Im a ONE MAN ARMY....:pimp:

Looking at this Thread...Your the only dumb fcuck...But your fantasy World won't let you notice this...Your also Becoming the ISH Clown....Pleezbelieve is still ahead of you...
Sorry you don't worship me like your god Alborz, and if I was kissing Kobe's ass as much as you do, worshiping him like some apostle, you would be so far up my ass I would need surgery to get you out.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Lebron (almost exclusively) and Wade (more often than not) beat their defender not based on footwork but purely on their explosiveness and quickness.

But whatever, I don't get the feeling you'll ever get it, you just don't seem to be very bright.
You don't seem to watch much D Wade and LeBron basing your opinions on misconceptions and using the athletic handicap to ignore their footwork.

KenneBell
I'm glad to see that isn't what you implied but the amount of someone's career you have seen makes a huge difference when stating opinions. Huge.
Like I said, OldSchoolBBall says it's not close between LeBron and Kobe. What would you say to him?

YoungMula
Yea this topic isn't even a debate... Just another thread lebron fans want to create to make themselves feel better to say its better then kobes & every other player to ever play the game...

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 12:47 PM
I suppose the next thing you are gonna say is Kobe's footwork on defense is up there with Wade and LeBron's too :roll: :applause: the apostles!

bruceblitz
Like I said, OldSchoolBBall says it's not close between LeBron and Kobe. What would you say to him?
Watch more LeBron game film.

GMW
You don't seem to watch much D Wade and LeBron basing your opinions on misconceptions and using the athletic handicap to ignore their footwork.
Wade has very good footwork, Kobe's is better. Lebron improved but he has a long way to go.

Anyway, tired to discuss this with someone who doesn't even know what footwork actually is.

phoenix18
05-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Lebron has horrible foot work. Stop. P2(The Truth)(Paul Pierce) has the best footwork in the NBA. Kobe a close second.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Lebron has horrible foot work. Stop. P2(The Truth)(Paul Pierce) has the best footwork in the NBA. Kobe a close second.
Ah yes, the misconceptions continue. Why don't you guys just admit you don't watch much LeBron other than some national coverage.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 12:50 PM
I think we can all agree that the best footwork in NBA history starts at the 6:30 mark of this video:

And featured in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCRre3nX88g

(I created them both)

phoenix18
05-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Ah yes, the misconceptions continue. Why don't you guys just admit you don't watch much LeBron other than some national coverage.
How can an NBA fan not watch Lebron? Every fan night its either the Cavs or Lakers! How do you have great footwork if you travel every game? Please explain that.

YoungMula
05-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Dude is a traveling machine, you could argue gasol has better footwork then lebron

branslowski
05-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Sorry you don't worship me like your god Alborz, and if I was kissing Kobe's ass as much as you do, worshiping him like some apostle, you would be so far up my ass I would need surgery to get you out.

:oldlol: ...Calling Pah my God when I argue with him on his stupidity conserning MJ....When I try to convince him that Bird isn't overated, and that Magic>Kobe, and that Kobe is nowhere near MJ....Yeah, he's my God...:oldlol:

Get Real, your just in your hissy fit mode, because everyone doesn't agree with your BS....So once a Kobe fan does not agree with you, he's a Kobe apostle..Once A Kobe fan defends Kobe's legacy, he's a Kobe Apostle...Thats how your Brain works....Im cool with that....A ISH Multiple Banned Clown calling me out....:oldlol: ....

KenneBell
05-24-2009, 12:54 PM
you could argue gasol has better footwork then lebron
This.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Dude is a traveling machine, you could argue gasol has better footwork then lebron
I really need to make a video featuring the way Kobe gets away with suffling his pivot foot on his turnaround jumper all the damn time don't I.

branslowski
05-24-2009, 12:57 PM
How can an NBA fan not watch Lebron? Every fan night its either the Cavs or Lakers! How do you have great footwork if you travel every game? Please explain that.

Its Bruce's Caged world...He thinks that he's the only one who has ever watched LeBron...He has online streams...I have THE NBA PACKAGE...LeBron is Arguably the future GOAT...Who doesn't watch him? Even LeBron haters watch him in hoping he fails, same as Kobe haters....

pete's montreux
05-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Maybe Melo is trying to model his game after Pierce.
Both have great footwork, both can post, both have GREAT shooting strokes, both are strong.

Pierce is just stronger mentally.

I completely agree. Pierce and Melo are on the same plane when it comes to offensive mentality.

KenneBell
05-24-2009, 12:58 PM
I really need to make a video featuring the way Kobe gets away with suffling his pivot foot on his turnaround jumper all the damn time don't I.
Please do. No need to expose LeBron with plays like this. He's a great player but footwork isn't one of his top skills at all. Him taking extra steps at least once during a game like the sun coming up every morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8UAu4nf9vs

:roll:

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 01:00 PM
Please do. No need to expose LeBron with plays like this. He's a great player but footwork isn't one of his top skills at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8UAu4nf9vs

:roll:
Here's case in point, this isn't even his usual travel, his travel comes on his turnaround more often than not, Kobe travels so much, it's not even funny, I thought this was about footwork though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGB2aSv48W4

monkeypox
05-24-2009, 01:01 PM

Dude... you're still not getting what is meant when people mention footwork. Just because a move involves the feet doesn't make it footwork. I know it's confusing right? I mean it should be any work done by the feet right? But footwork refers to proper positioning and movement of the feet to gain maximum advantage. Being able to blow by a guy using athleticism doesn't equal footwork even though the player is working with their feet. A strong center may be more effective by powering through to the hoop, but that doesn't automatically give him better footwork than everyone he dunks over.

Let's see, maybe we should put it in pro-wrestling terms so you understand better. We're having a discussion on who the most skilled wrestler is, and you're in here pointing at videos of the great kali saying he's the most skilled because he can lift guys in to the air higher than anyone else and that you've never seen anyone do a more effective move than that.

No number of youtube videos is going to change the fact that guys like pierce and kobe have footwork that's a whole tier above Lebron.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Its Bruce's Caged world...He thinks that he's the only one who has ever watched LeBron...He has online streams...I have THE NBA PACKAGE...LeBron is Arguably the future GOAT...Who doesn't watch him? Even LeBron haters watch him in hoping he fails, same as Kobe haters....
The first guy who answered my question basically admitted he only watches the national games. Also, I don't care if you had season tickets to the home and away games(?) of LeBron's, you would still wear your #24 tattoo proudly.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Dude... you're still not getting what is meant when people mention footwork. Just because a move involves the feet doesn't make it footwork. I know it's confusing right? I mean it should be any work done by the feet right? But footwork refers to proper positioning and movement of the feet to gain maximum advantage. Being able to blow by a guy using athleticism doesn't equal footwork even though the player is working with their feet. A strong center may be more effective by powering through to the hoop, but that doesn't automatically give him better footwork than everyone he dunks over.

Let's see, maybe we should put it in pro-wrestling terms so you understand better. We're having a discussion on who the most skilled wrestler is, and you're in here pointing at videos of the great kali saying he's the most skilled because he can lift guys in to the air higher than anyone else and that you've never seen anyone do a more effective move than that.

No number of youtube videos is going to change the fact that guys like pierce and kobe have footwork that's a whole tier above Lebron.

This is a dumb comparison. Everyone knows that RVD is arguably one of the most skilled wrestlers of all time next to Rey Mysterio. That being said, Tony Parker, D Wade, LeBron and a handful of others have better footwork than Kobe. I love that you guys actually think a perimeter oriented player is flashing these great footwork skills by settling for jumpers 7 times out of 10.

KenneBell
05-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Thank you.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-24-2009, 01:04 PM
I completely agree. Pierce and Melo are on the same plane when it comes to offensive mentality.

oh...and both are bigtime clutch!
but, imo, PP is a little more bigtime.... part of his mental superiority/toughness.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Thank you.
You actually think Kobe has better footwork than Wade and Tony Parker. That's all I need to know about your knowledge of the league. Derrick Rose will have better footwork than Kobe ever did when he adds to his skill set a little bit. Allen Iverson in his prime had better footwork than everyone we have mentioned except Jordan.

LaughingOctopus
05-24-2009, 01:05 PM
I find it hard to believe that many people have really paid close attention to LeBron's footwork, enough to be well-informed on this subject. Please, how much game film have you analyzed in order to reach your conclusions? Anyone?

Best footwork in the history of basketball: Hakeem Olajuwon.

Meticode
Kobe Bryant. LeBron is able to get to the basket because mainly of his strength. Kobe does it through a lot of foot work. At least that's what I think.

bruceblitz
I find it hard to believe that many people have really paid close attention to LeBron's footwork, enough to be well-informed on this subject. Please, how much game film have you analyzed in order to reach your conclusions? Anyone?

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

This is the best post in this entire thread right here. Hakeem's footwork was impeccable.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 01:07 PM

On the contrary I watch all of the Cavs games, not just once, but I go back through them to make my youtube highlight reels. I'd like to think I'm the authority on the subject of LeBron's footwork.

KenneBell
05-24-2009, 01:07 PM
You actually think Kobe has better footwork than Wade and Tony Parker.
Where did I say that about Parker? Find it.

Better than Wade? Yeah, I think so.

Younggrease
05-24-2009, 01:08 PM
On the contrary I watch all of the Cavs games, not just once, but I go back through them to make my youtube highlight reels. I'd like to think I'm the authority on the subject of LeBron's footwork.

you cant be an authority on Lebron's footwork...you dont understand the concept of footwork. You have already proven that in this thread

I have watched enough of Lebron to have a feel for his footwork. And its not in the same league. You even see him trying to copy some of Kobes move and then look totally lost in the process.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Where did I say that? Find it.
OK, give me your opinion if you didn't say it, does Kobe have footwork as good as Wade or Tony Parker? Yes or no?

KenneBell
05-24-2009, 01:09 PM
OK, give me your opinion if you didn't say it, does Kobe have footwork as good as Wade or Tony Parker? Yes or no?
As good as Parker. Yes.

Better than Wade, yes.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 01:09 PM
you cant be an authority on Lebron's footwork...you dont understand the concept of footwork. You have already proven that in this thread
Any coach in the world will tell you that footwork can be broken down into two areas, flash and effectiveness. LeBron's footwork is more effective than Kobe's and players like D Wade and Tony Parker's footwork is superior to both.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 01:10 PM
As good as Parker. Yes.

Better than Wade, yes.
:oldlol: sorry bro but that's :hammerhead:

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 01:11 PM
LeBron and Wade's defensive footwork is superior to Kobe's as well. I suggest you skim over this:
http://www.basketball-drills-and-plays.com/basketball-tips-footwork.html

It's all about shaking defenders, if you think Kobe's footwork is shaking the defense as much as Wade and LeBron's, I question your eyesight.

monkeypox
05-24-2009, 01:13 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

This is the best post in this entire thread right here. Hakeem's footwork was impeccable.

But by your logic if shaq were able to consistantly muscle Hakeem out of the way and dunk on him, shaq would have the better footwoork because his steps were more effective. Or if Howard were able to use speed to get a first step on Hakeem and drive past, Howard would have better footwork to you. What you don't realize is that Hakeem in his advanced age probably STILL has better footwork than a vast majority of the centers in the league even though every d-league center would abuse him if he ever stepped on the court. Get it?

Younggrease
05-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Any coach in the world will tell you that footwork can be broken down into two areas, flash and effectiveness. LeBron's footwork is more effective than Kobe's and players like D Wade and Tony Parker's footwork is superior to both.

You really dont get it...Footwork is about a skill, precision and timing. When someone is more athletic it is going to create more separation etc...but the footwork wasnt better then athlete executing it was better.

And no coach would ever make that distinction...

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 01:15 PM
But by your logic if shaq were able to consistantly muscle Hakeem out of the way and dunk on him, shaq would have the better footwoork because his steps were more effective. Or if Howard were able to use speed to get a first step on Hakeem and drive past, Howard would have better footwork to you. What you don't realize is that Hakeem in his advanced age probably STILL has better footwork than a vast majority of the centers in the league even though every d-league center would abuse him if he ever stepped on the court. Get it?
I have called Hakeem the most skilled center in NBA history for years. You can't qualify my opinions with your misconceptions. Don't do that.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 01:17 PM
You really dont get it...Footwork is about a skill, precision and timing. When someone is more athletic it is going to create more separation etc...but the footwork wasnt better then athlete executing it was better.

And no coach would ever make that distinction...
Sure coaches would. Jamal Crawford has flashy footwork but would you consider him one of the best players in the NBA as far as footwork is concerned? Ben Gordon has flashy footwork but D Rose's footwork is by far more effective. The one move, as far as footwork is concerned, that I give the edge to Kobe on compared to all the other players in the NBA is when Kobe uses that sweet footwork when performing his inside-out dribble. Other than that he's not on top like you guys are trying to say.

branslowski
05-24-2009, 01:19 PM
LeBron and Wade's defensive footwork is superior to Kobe's as well. I suggest you skim over this:
http://www.basketball-drills-and-plays.com/basketball-tips-footwork.html

It's all about shaking defenders, if you think Kobe's footwork is shaking the defense as much as Wade and LeBron's, I question your eyesight.

http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/fail/1/1182887529312.gif (http://www.funnyforumpics.com)

AND THE FAILED WRESTLER....WELL....FAILS...:oldlol:

catch24
05-24-2009, 01:20 PM
rofllll

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Bruce thinks that Kobe doesn't have the best footwork in the NBA, Bruce doesn't even celebrate K-Mas on Kobe's birthday! Dumb bastard actually watches players like Wade and LeBron like they matter....
http://www.giftsandfreeadvice.com/free_advice/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/child-480.jpg:
I'm also jealous that Bruce is a 3 time midwest tou kou kai champion of the sparring competition and a former pro wrestler.

:confusedshrug:

LA_Showtime
05-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Why did you create a thread about something BruceBlitz said? He's an idiot.

Younggrease
05-24-2009, 01:22 PM
Sure coaches would. Jamal Crawford has flashy footwork but would you consider him one of the best players in the NBA as far as footwork is concerned? Ben Gordon has flashy footwork but D Rose's footwork is by far more effective. The one move, as far as footwork is concerned, that I give the edge to Kobe on compared to all the other players in the NBA is when Kobe uses that sweet footwork when performing his inside-out dribble. Other than that he's not on top like you guys are trying to say.

You seem to think footwork is just moving you feet while being effective at anything. You are just off base. If we were at a court I could show but we arent.

There are certain angles you take, moves that call for counters, ways to read you oponents hips feet, ways to attack the opponents top foot, etc...But you dont learn this stuff without coaching and thats prob why you dont get the distinction.

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 01:23 PM
You seem to think footwork is just moving you feet while being effective at anything. You are just off base. If we were at a court I could show but we arent.
You don't need to equate disagreeing with me as "you just don't know".

Here's a question for you, does Kobe have better footwork than D Wade or Tony Parker? Your answer will tell all.

catch24
05-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Kobe's footwork is second to none and the most fundamentally sound player today (not of all time as Mark Jackson or JVG would say lol).

Younggrease
05-24-2009, 01:26 PM

Here's a question for you, does Kobe have better footwork than D Wade or Tony Parker? Your answer will tell all.

Yes..Thats what Im trying to say. You were never taught what is the right way to do moves and why. Im just assuming but based on looking at you and your size and build you didnt play ball with elite comp or at a elite school with elite coaching. I have been coached since I was a 4 years old my father played D1, my brother was a 1000 point per game scorer and I played small college and was coached by one of the best coaches in high school ball for a 1 year (Coach Wiz from CBA in Jersey) as well as attended top camps throughout.

Im just saying you dont understand the concept and there is no way to explain it to you unless I can get someone you respect to tell you that your wrong.

I havent seen these yet but I have heard good things...You should download the torrents. They might help you out with the concept

http://www.betterbasketball.com/

branslowski
05-24-2009, 01:26 PM

So, If he say's Wade or Parker...Agreeing with you, then he's smart...

But if he say's Kobe, a great answer...Then he's a Kobe Apostle...Am I right?

catch24
05-24-2009, 01:27 PM
How does one become an apostle? Is that kind of like a "vampire"?

branslowski
05-24-2009, 01:29 PM
How does one become an apostle? Is that kind of like a "vampire"?

Well you become a Apostle if you defend Kobe's Legacy From Tards Like one Bruce Blitz...I mean, thats how I became an Apostle...:confusedshrug:

monkeypox
05-24-2009, 01:30 PM
I have called Hakeem the most skilled center in NBA history for years. You can't qualify my opinions with your misconceptions. Don't do that.

Who shot who in the what now? I think you might be a lost cause, impervious to simple logic.

catch24
05-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Ah..gotcha

bruceblitz
05-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Yes..Thats what Im trying to say. You were never taught what is the right way to do moves and why. Im just assuming but based on looking at you and your size and build you didnt play ball with elite comp or at a elite school with elite coaching. I have been coached since I was a 4 years old my father played D1, my brother was a 1000 point per game scorer and I played small college and was coached by one of the best coaches in high school ball for a 1 year (Coach Wiz from CBA in Jersey) as well as attended top camps throughout.

Im just saying you dont understand the concept and there is no way to explain it to you unless I can get someone you respect to tell you that your wrong.
That's funny because I was a starter as a freshman on the Varsity team, played point guard, the position that uses as much footwork if not more than any other position on the court, had an Iowa State scout that attended 3 of my games Senior year and a Northwestern scout who attended 1, I was offered half a scholarship to Iowa State but was wrapped up in my pro wresting dream (stupid I know). My uncle was 3rd in Mr Wisconsin voting and I played in a pick up game with Ronnie Fields once, as well as I attended B.J. Armstrong's camp. I don't claim to be the best basketball player, I'm alright, good enough to have played 4 years in college, maybe semi-pro, but all that being said, Kobe's footwork is nice, he displays SOME of the best footwork in the NBA but players have better. This thread is exactly why most non-lakers/Kobe apostles think Kobe's overrated. What's next? Kobe walks to the bench better than any other player in the game? Either way I'm done with this thread. Any thread with the ultimate homer, branslowski, is clearly a thread that's overrating Kobe or underrating LeBron. branslowski is a great indicator of worshiping of Kobe going on or diminishing of LeBron....

I'm out.

KenneBell
05-24-2009, 01:42 PM
I'm out.
Good.

Kobe's footwork is nice, he displays SOME of the best footwork in the NBA but players have better.
The problem is that those players are not named LeBron or Dwyane.

Fatal9
05-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Either way I'm done with this thread. Any thread with the ultimate homer, bruceblitz, is clearly a thread that's underrating Kobe or overrating LeBron. bruceblitz is a great indicator of worshiping of Lebron going on or diminishing of Kobe....

I'm out.
Fixed.

phoenix18
05-24-2009, 01:43 PM
^^^ So, BB do you ever watch an NBA game and see some one like Anthony Johnson playing and say,"WTF I can do better than that!"

GMW
05-24-2009, 01:45 PM

the irony :oldlol:

branslowski
05-24-2009, 01:47 PM
That's funny because I was a starter as a freshman on the Varsity team, played point guard, the position that uses as much footwork if not more than any other position on the court, had an Iowa State scout that attended 3 of my games Senior year and a Northwestern scout who attended 1, I was offered half a scholarship to Iowa State but was wrapped up in my pro wresting dream (stupid I know). My uncle was 3rd in Mr Wisconsin voting and I played in a pick up game with Ronnie Fields once, as well as I attended B.J. Armstrong's camp. I don't claim to be the best basketball player, I'm alright, good enough to have played 4 years in college, maybe semi-pro, but all that being said, Kobe's footwork is nice, he displays SOME of the best footwork in the NBA but players have better. This thread is exactly why most non-lakers/Kobe apostles think Kobe's overrated. What's next? Kobe walks to the bench better than any other player in the game? Either way I'm done with this thread. Any thread with the ultimate homer, branslowski, is clearly a thread that's overrating Kobe or underrating LeBron. branslowski is a great indicator of worshiping of Kobe going on or diminishing of LeBron....

I'm out.

Has this dumb fcuck ever seen the Great Comments I leave concerning LeBron?? Im not like You Blitz, Your the diminishing Guy...I respect the hell out of LeBron and as I stated before...LeBron is a Soon to be GOAT Player...Bruce lives in fantasy word...boy I tell Ya...

catch24
05-24-2009, 01:48 PM
Bruce, actually branslowski has dubbed LeBron with the potential of being "GOAT". He sticks by his favorite player and team, you can't fault that. He admits Kobe's "failures" - if thats what you wan't to call them, but why should he do that often when he enjoys Kobe and clearly is an avid fan of him?

branslowski
05-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Bruce, actually branslowski has dubbed LeBron with the potential of being "GOAT". He sticks by his favorite player and team, you can't fault that. He admits Kobe's "failures" - if thats what you wan't to call them, but why should he do that often when he enjoys Kobe and clearly is an avid fan of him?

:cheers: Exactly...Some guy's live in fantasy world...what can we do..:ohwell:

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-24-2009, 01:53 PM
What's next? Kobe walks to the bench better than any other player in the game? Either way I'm done with this thread. Any thread with the ultimate homer, branslowski, is clearly a thread that's overrating Kobe or underrating LeBron. branslowski is a great indicator of worshiping of Kobe going on or diminishing of LeBron....

I'm out.

this is what happens when a troll gets called out, pwned repeatedly in a thread.
starts calling posters "worshipers" "homers" etc etc.

got no game....and can't talk a game.

LOL.

BallPhunk
05-24-2009, 01:53 PM

This is a severe twisting or words and logic.

If Kobe didn't have such amazing footwork, he wouldn't be anywhere near as good as LBJ is. This is one of his few advantages. LBJ has strength, quickness and hops now.

I can think of quite a few plays off the top of my head that Kobe's done recently (footwork wise) that LBJ couldn't.

I can think of quite a few plays off the top of my head that LeBro's done recently (strength wise) that Kobe couldn't.

Parker is amazing - it's hard to answer because he's so damn quick. But just saying Kobe's footwork is arguably close to Parker (given his size and role) says enough...

Meticode
05-24-2009, 02:04 PM
After reading through this thread and seeing the debates I still stand by my opinion that Kobe has better foot work than LeBron.

gxL
05-24-2009, 02:07 PM
why is this even a discussion? whoever thinks lebron have better footwork than kobe are just lebron fanboys

Allstar24
05-24-2009, 02:09 PM
Is this a serious topic? :oldlol: Kobe Bryant has the best foot work in the league, period.

phoenix18
05-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Is this a serious topic? :oldlol: Kobe Bryant has the best foot work in the league, period.
:no: he does not.

Fatal9
05-24-2009, 02:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNXUSYD7ZNo

:eek:

Mikaiel
05-24-2009, 02:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNXUSYD7ZNo

:eek:

You call this good footwork ? Are you kidding me ?

TheCommish
05-24-2009, 03:12 PM
You actually think Kobe has better footwork than Wade and Tony Parker. That's all I need to know about your knowledge of the league. Derrick Rose will have better footwork than Kobe ever did when he adds to his skill set a little bit. Allen Iverson in his prime had better footwork than everyone we have mentioned except Jordan.
You actually think Wade and Tony Parker have better footwork than Kobe. That's all I need to know about your knowledge of the league.

KenneBell
05-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Nope. That's an exercise in body control. Probably only one other player who could pull off a shot like that.

Fatal9
05-24-2009, 03:33 PM
One of Kobe's most regular moves in the post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo2WwsJLUJ8

There is a reason Lebron hasn't developed a consistent post game yet, his footwork is just awful by superstar standards. He has posted up a bit more but again, he only either ends up facing up or uses his strength, the footwork is not there.

Are YOU kidding me? He fakes out two defenders and creates space for the shot using only his footwork. The balance required to do that without traveling (especially after you stopped on a dime) is incredibly difficult. It's not the most fundamentally sound move Kobe's pulled but :oldlol: at calling it bad footwork.

imlmf
05-24-2009, 03:34 PM
stupid question with an agenda to bash lebron and dickride kobe

why don't you make a thread asking who has better ability to drive to the hoop

KenneBell
05-24-2009, 03:48 PM
stupid question with an agenda to bash lebron and dickride kobe

why don't you make a thread asking who has better ability to drive to the hoop
There was no agenda. BruceBlitz said LeBron had far superior footwork than Kobe. The OP brought it to attention.

KobeRules24
05-24-2009, 03:56 PM

wow bruce you really think lebron has better footwork? :no: man you're dead wrong, even OldSchoolBall (who doesn't like Kobe that much) knows this.

koBEDABEST
05-24-2009, 03:57 PM
lol i seriously cant understand how bruceblitz mind works

he says lebron has FAR SUPERIOR footworks than kobe while posting videos of him displaying his explosiveness and athletism to back it up

everybody calls him an obvious idiot with an agenda

he replies back by saying hes probably the only one out of all the posters that posted that watches lebron on a regular and that his opinion is the only right one because hes the authority on the subject of king james

lol... i just cant... if he isnt a troll then damn, poor him.

Mikaiel
05-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Nope. That's an exercise in body control. Probably only one other player who could pull off a shot like that.

Yeah, "amazing" shot. But that was a horrible shot. Just horrible. Anyone who links to that video when trying to prove Kobe has great footwork is stupid.

dajadeed
05-24-2009, 04:10 PM
that bruce ***.got needs to be banned.

KobeRules24
05-24-2009, 04:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4TPY-PHsVs

:applause:

Ken_Masters
05-24-2009, 04:27 PM
It's between Pierce, Anthony, and Bryant for the best footwork in the game. Probably Bryant though. James shouldn't even be in this discussion.

Peter Griffin
05-24-2009, 04:48 PM
From reading this thread, i think that Bruce Blitz belongs in a hospital that has padded walls in it! He also will recieve special news papers that doesn't contain the letters K-O-B-E in them!

LaughingOctopus
05-24-2009, 06:10 PM
James' footwork is so bad, I'm surprised he can even walk. He would be tripping over his own feet if it weren't for David Stern, the refs, and the media propping him up.

JustinJDW
05-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Traveling isn't footwork, so Lebron doesn't have the best footwork in the League.

Dave3
05-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Definitely Kobe. I don't like him, but I watch him sometimes for the sake of learning so when I play I can use some of those moves (not saying I can perfectly emulate them or anything). James' isn't bad though, but Kobe's is very good for a jumpshooter.

Kevin_Garnett_5
05-24-2009, 06:51 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: Kobe by far.

Spudjjay
05-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Pierce's footwork>>>

Disaprine
05-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Does anyone see bruce suicide bombing himself to kobe's house after he passes jordan in total points in the playoffs??????

i do

CroqueMort
05-24-2009, 07:03 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132817&page=7

More people probably know who Danica Patrick is over Kobe Bryant on a worldwide scale and Kobe Bryant is the most popular NBA athlete in the United States (thanks to L.A.'s big fan base)

And you think that we are going to take your opinion seriously ???

Lebron has a very, very, very good footwork. However when it comes to footwork Kobe is among the best of the NBA, it wouln't not be stupid to say that he may have the best footwork in the league.

Bladers
08-09-2010, 03:19 PM
His[Lebron] footwork is far superior to Kobe's
:lol :lol :lol

:roll: :roll: :roll:

G-Funk
08-09-2010, 04:39 PM

Do you know what foot work means?!?!

macpierce
08-09-2010, 05:03 PM
i thought bruce blitz committed suicide after kobe won more championships :cheers:

1Time4YourMind
08-09-2010, 05:10 PM
im sorry but this is unforgivable.

Batz
08-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Lebron has a very, very, very good footwork. However when it comes to footwork Kobe is among the best of the NBA, it wouln't not be stupid to say that he may have the best footwork in the league.
Not at all.

chopchop20
08-09-2010, 05:50 PM
LeBron is 260lbs and can't even post up in the paint. GTF outta here!

step_back
08-09-2010, 05:51 PM
:lol bruceblitz

I started out watching blitz nba mixtapes a few years ago. He knows how to put together a mixtape however he at times makes outragous claims purely because kobe gets compared to jordan which he doesn't like.

sodapop
08-09-2010, 06:03 PM
Better footwork: Kobe Bryant or Lebron James? The answer to this question, Kobe. Why bother debating. NEXT!!!!

Maga_1
08-09-2010, 06:04 PM
I'm not a Kobe or LeBron fan, but this is a question that got a clear answer.

Kobe.

DatDudeD
10-20-2010, 01:24 AM
lebron and footwork should not be put in the same sentence together.

evilmonkey
10-20-2010, 01:41 AM
Kobe i have to say, he has the best footwork in the NBA according to me... thats his expertise. But the gap is not that ridicilously big as many here seem to think, Lebron has great footwork... the best footwork at that size..

evilmonkey
10-20-2010, 01:50 AM
LeBron is 260lbs and can't even post up in the paint. GTF outta here!

Incorrect... Lebron is 260 lbs AND probably the fastest/most athletic player in the NBA, the best slasher in the NBA who gets to the rim at will.... He can post up, but he doesnt need to do that so much... not at this time in his career...

Think of it like this... if you had a vertical of 200000 inches and knew you could just fly to the rim and lay it in over and over and over and over.... Would you do that.... or would you post up? Understand? :D A bit exaggarated logic, but you get the point...

Go Getter
10-20-2010, 01:51 AM
Kobe

tpols
10-20-2010, 01:59 AM
Incorrect... Lebron is 260 lbs AND probably the fastest/most athletic player in the NBA, the best slasher in the NBA who gets to the rim at will.... He can post up, but he doesnt need to do that so much... not at this time in his career...

Think of it like this... if you had a vertical of 200000 inches and knew you could just fly to the rim and lay it in over and over and over and over.... Would you do that.... or would you post up? Understand? :D A bit exaggarated logic, but you get the point...
More like retarded logic...

Lebron should be using a post game because it is a great skill to possess when you outweigh your average defender by 30 pounds.

And how can you say lebron has good footwork when he can't move his feet properly in the post, the part of the game that requires the most technical footwork? Ohhhhhh you meant he knew how to do the one two step for a layup and go off on the right foot! You're right chief, he has great footwork.

evilmonkey
10-20-2010, 02:34 AM
More like retarded logic...

Lebron should be using a post game because it is a great skill to possess when you outweigh your average defender by 30 pounds.

And how can you say lebron has good footwork when he can't move his feet properly in the post, the part of the game that requires the most technical footwork? Ohhhhhh you meant he knew how to do the one two step for a layup and go off on the right foot! You're right chief, he has great footwork.

http://www.gamers-forum.com/imagehosting/474492e17ba51d33.gif

Soundwave
10-20-2010, 03:24 AM
Kobe wins this one. His footwork is probably the best in the league for a swingman. Wade would be second.

Samurai Swoosh
10-20-2010, 03:26 AM
Kobe wins this one. His footwork is probably the best in the league for a swingman. Wade would be second.
Kobe has the best footwork in the league period. He has a better post game then damn near every big ... and is on par in that aspect with Duncan and KG.

thejumpa
10-20-2010, 03:30 AM
Kobe has the best footwork in the league period. He has a better post game then damn near every big ... and is on par in that aspect with Duncan and KG.

You forgot Al Jefferson and Pau Gasol. And no, he doesn't have the best footwork in the entire league. It's good, but come on now....

Scoooter
10-20-2010, 03:35 AM
Kobe has better footwork than Lebron, but Paul Pierce has better footwork than Kobe. And Al Jefferson pwns them all.

Samurai Swoosh
10-20-2010, 03:43 AM
You forgot Al Jefferson and Pau Gasol. And no, he doesn't have the best footwork in the entire league. It's good, but come on now....
How is it not possible to make that argument for Kobe? His post game / footwork is ridiculous ...

Jordan was very well arguable the best post player when he was in the league.

Kobe can literally create for himself simply off jab steps, etc.

Just watch from the other night ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRTy1YCAw3I

Move @ 1:40 ... RIDICULOUS foot work. Faked right with body / feet to go left.

:facepalm

madmax
10-20-2010, 04:08 AM

what good is his footwork, if he's still shooting 2-13?:sleeping Give me Lebron and his all-arround game anyday

imlmf
10-20-2010, 04:38 AM
it used to be close but now lebron's is vastly more superior, if you don't agree you're a retard

thejumpa
10-20-2010, 04:42 AM
How is it not possible to make that argument for Kobe? His post game / footwork is ridiculous ...

Jordan was very well arguable the best post player when he was in the league.

Kobe can literally create for himself simply off jab steps, etc.

Just watch from the other night ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRTy1YCAw3I

Move @ 1:40 ... RIDICULOUS foot work. Faked right with body / feet to go left.

That's all fine and dandy but Al Jefferson is better. Significantly better as he has more moves to work with.

As for creating for himself off a jab step, so what? Paul Pierce and Carmelo Anthony can do the exact same thing with the same effectiveness. Kobes isn't anything super crazy(compared to other wingmen with great footwork).

Not sure what Jordan has to do with anything though.....

andgar923
10-20-2010, 04:46 AM
Kobe easily.

He has better balance and control which is required to have great footwork (pivots along with other shit).

Calabis
10-20-2010, 10:47 AM
How is this even a question, when Lebron doesn't even have a post up game??? Sorry Kobe hands down

Yung D-Will
10-20-2010, 10:47 AM

Yung D-Will
10-20-2010, 10:48 AM
That's all fine and dandy but Al Jefferson is better. Significantly better as he has more moves to work with.

As for creating for himself off a jab step, so what? Paul Pierce and Carmelo Anthony can do the exact same thing with the same effectiveness. Kobes isn't anything super crazy(compared to other wingmen with great footwork).

Not sure what Jordan has to do with anything though.....
Tell em

Al Jefferson's post game is Mchale's creation

branslowski
10-20-2010, 11:02 AM
:oldlol: What a thread bump.....Prime Branslowski and Catch24...:roll:

Bruce is a f*cking moron...Never changed my stance on that...Only stance that has changed in this thread by me is my respect for LeBron....That shit went down the crapper after his T.V special and multiple Twitter pusse fits...And that G.O.A.T thing may have gone on ice after joining Wade and Bosh...

G-Funk
10-20-2010, 11:17 AM
it used to be close but now lebron's is vastly more superior, if you don't agree you're a retard

GTFO! :oldlol: I can't believe this thread went 11 pages with idiots arguing that Lebron or Wade are just as good. They are better at other areas but this ain't one.

Lakers13
10-20-2010, 11:27 AM

I lol'd

ImmortalD24
10-20-2010, 11:44 AM
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/fail/1/1182887529312.gif (http://www.funnyforumpics.com)

AND THE FAILED WRESTLER....WELL....FAILS...:oldlol:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Phong
10-20-2010, 02:24 PM
it used to be close but now lebron's is vastly more superior, if you don't agree you're a retardhttp://nsa23.casimages.com/img/2010/10/20/101020081711343041.gif http://nsa24.casimages.com/img/2010/10/20/101020073017274536.gif

http://nsa24.casimages.com/img/2010/10/20/101020072344174800.gif http://nsa23.casimages.com/img/2010/10/20/101020073828342869.gif

Willkill24
10-20-2010, 02:26 PM
http://nsa23.casimages.com/img/2010/10/20/101020073828342869.gif
:bowdown:

G-Funk
10-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Hey phong why don't u post those moves Kobe busted on Wade's ass in the All-star game

Phong
10-20-2010, 02:49 PM
http://nsa23.casimages.com/img/2010/10/20/101020084916741524.gif http://nsa23.casimages.com/img/2010/10/20/101020074354914608.gif

BallsOut
10-20-2010, 02:55 PM
http://nsa23.casimages.com/img/2010/10/20/101020084916741524.gif http://nsa23.casimages.com/img/2010/10/20/101020074354914608.gif

http://i47.tinypic.com/es98ht.jpg

Papaya Petee
10-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Lol this thread is funny for three reasons.

1.) You see how many Kobe homers are in this thread, it's not even close people, Kobe's got better footwork, we don't need a army of Kobe fans defending this. I counted about 14-15 of you guys.

2.) On the actual debate, this is a very stupid debate, that's like asking who's better downlow Shaquille O'Neal or Earl Boykins. Clearly Kobe as most of his shots are created off great footwork, while LeBron uses speed and power.

3.) No Kobe does not have the best footwork in the NBA. That would be Carmelo Anthony and Paul Pierce.

G-Funk
10-20-2010, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=Phong]http://nsa23.casimages.com/img/2010/10/20/101020084916741524.gif

SWEET JESUS!

Jacks3
10-20-2010, 03:05 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

KenneBell
10-20-2010, 03:24 PM
3.) No Kobe does not have the best footwork in the NBA. That would be Carmelo Anthony and Paul Pierce.
No. I don't agree. And I think most people would say the same. I haven't seen them do half the things posted above.

ZenMaster
10-20-2010, 03:28 PM
No. I don't agree. And I think most people would say the same. I haven't seen them do half the things posted above.

Starting right here, Kobe has the best footwork in the league.

G-Funk
10-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Starting right here, Kobe has the best footwork in the league.

You know how many times I've seen players get their anckles broken just with his foot work. Kobe shakes them hard with no crossover

boozehound
10-20-2010, 03:33 PM
huhm, well lebrons footwork has definitely improved, but kobe has much better footwork still.

macpierce
10-20-2010, 03:35 PM

1.) You see how many Kobe homers are in this thread, it's not even close people, Kobe's got better footwork, we don't need a army of Kobe fans defending this. I counted about 14-15 of you guys.

2.) On the actual debate, this is a very stupid debate, that's like asking who's better downlow Shaquille O'Neal or Earl Boykins. Clearly Kobe as most of his shots are created off great footwork, while LeBron uses speed and power.

:facepalm really?

LA_Showtime
10-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Kobe's footwork is great no matter where he stands on the court. LeBron's footwork might be more effective from 15-18 feet out, but that's mostly due to his freakish athletic ability than anything else.

AirTupac
10-20-2010, 03:46 PM
Phong i must rep you for that!

But Come on now, Kobe obviously has one of the best footworks in the league if not the best. I don't think anyone can disagree with that.

DatDudeD
10-20-2010, 04:29 PM
carmelo and pierce are at best comparable but i havent seen them do some of the things kobe does on a consistent basis. Although i think kobe and melo are the 2 best non big men post player in the league.

KobeKlutch
10-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Not only do I think Kobe has the best footwork in the league but he may possibly have the best post game too.

SG's usually have a more vast array of post moves than bigs.

LEFT4DEAD
10-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Wade> both

G-Funk
10-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Wade> both

lol

thejumpa
10-20-2010, 04:50 PM
One last bump for the fools who think Kobe has the best footwork in the NBA. Forget LeBron....to say he's the best in the league is disrespectful.

Al Jefferson
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Chris Bosh
Pau Gasol
Paul Pierce
Carmelo Anthony

You telling me he's clearly better than all of those people?

KobeKlutch
10-20-2010, 04:51 PM

yes

catch24
10-20-2010, 04:52 PM
One last bump for the fools who think Kobe has the best footwork in the NBA. Forget LeBron....to say he's the best in the league is disrespectful.

Al Jefferson
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Chris Bosh
Pau Gasol
Paul Pierce
Carmelo Anthony

Are you retarded? All Jefferson?

tpols
10-20-2010, 04:54 PM

Al Jefferson
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Chris Bosh
Pau Gasol
Paul Pierce
Carmelo Anthony

Lol you just think al jeff has good post moves because 95% of nba centers don't have anything whatsoever. Some of the other guys are on kobe's level but they aren't necessarily better. these guys all have elite foot work bottom line. There's no point in ranking them.

thejumpa
10-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Are you retarded? All Jefferson?

lol another kid who doesn't watch Big Al play. Typical.

Batz
10-20-2010, 04:56 PM

Al Jefferson
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Chris Bosh
Pau Gasol
Paul Pierce
Carmelo Anthony

yes

G-Funk
10-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Top 3 no doubt!

monkeypox
Footwork doesn't equal most effective with feet. This is just like when PB was sure foot speed was the most important aspect of footwork.

thejumpa
Lol you just think al jeff has good post moves because 95% of nba centers don't have anything whatsoever. Some of the other guys are on kobe's level but they aren't necessarily better. these guys all have elite foot work bottom line. There's no point in ranking them.

So Al Jefferson doesn't have good post moves? I'd love to hear you say that with some honesty.

Willkill24
10-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Yes.

catch24
10-20-2010, 05:00 PM
lol another kid who doesn't watch Big Al play. Typical.

I've watched him play. He hasn't done anything close to those Kobe gif's, "kid". Enough with the sensationalizing.

MakeHistory78
10-20-2010, 05:08 PM
It's not even a debate.Kobe has by far better footwork than LBJ.
Even I hate Kobe he has one of the best footworks I've ever seen in a guard or forward.
Perhaps Top-3 ever with Jordan and Baylor.
If we speak about who's the best player then the answer is LeBron.

thejumpa
10-20-2010, 05:08 PM
I've watched him play. He hasn't done anything close to those Kobe gif's, "kid". Enough with the sensationalizing.

lol ok buddy...Al Jefferson hasn't done anything close to what Kobe did in those 4 incredible gifs. You're absolutely right:oldlol:

Kobe has sick post moves, but it's disrespectful to flat out say it's the best in the league. That's the definition of overrating but whatever...

Batz
10-20-2010, 05:09 PM
lol ok buddy...Al Jefferson hasn't done anything close to what Kobe did in those 4 incredible gifs. You're absolutely right:oldlol:
I think he's waiting for like... evidence ya know?

tpols
10-20-2010, 05:11 PM
So Al Jefferson doesn't have good post moves? I'd love to hear you say that with some honesty.
Foot work incorporates jab steps, positioning in the post, the use of either pivot foot in the post, drop steps, up and under moves, rotations made for shots (like baseline fadeaways, setting up for pump fakes etc. I would say kobe incorporates all of these more than Al jeff who has a few pretty spin moves and a decent drop step.

catch24
10-20-2010, 05:15 PM

Kobe has sick post moves, but it's disrespectful to flat out say it's the best in the league. That's the definition of overrating but whatever...

I can understand Paul Pierce/Melo, and of course Duncan/KG, but Al Jefferson is simply not on that level yet. No point in going back and forth. To me it's just silly to put him up there with the elite co.

I apologize for calling you retarded (you're a good poster), that comment just irked me.

thejumpa
10-20-2010, 05:29 PM
I can understand Paul Pierce/Melo, and of course Duncan/KG, but Al Jefferson is simply not on that level yet. No point in going back and forth. To me it's just silly to put him up there with the elite co.

I apologize for calling you retarded (you're a good poster), that comment just irked me.

No worries on the retarded comment. I've been called worse on this site lol

As far as evidence goes, I'll see if I can find some videos. There probably won't be as many videos or gifs as Kobe as his fanbase is wayyyyyy smaller than Kobes. Still, Big Al has more post moves and arguably just as good footwork. I really believe that. I think the reason why Kobes may look significantly better is because of his shooting. Defenders know he's a deadly shooter so they will tend to bite super hard on the fake and it makes the footwork look stupid good. He's also quick so it makes for a deadly combo. That isn't to say he isn't elite, though. Al Jefferson, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Carlos Boozer...hell even Pau Gasol...great footwork that is a huge part of their game. Those guys also tend to use it more than Kobe each game, as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcT7JTmPPrk

Great Big Al highlights of him using his post moves and displaying elite footwork. If he isn't the best in the league, then he's definitely top 5 as of right now.

Papaya Petee
10-20-2010, 05:40 PM
:facepalm really?
Have you ever watched Carmelo Or Pierce play? Because it seems like you only post about Kobe, with limit knowledge.

thejumpa
10-20-2010, 05:44 PM
Foot work incorporates jab steps, positioning in the post, the use of either pivot foot in the post, drop steps, up and under moves, rotations made for shots (like baseline fadeaways, setting up for pump fakes etc. I would say kobe incorporates all of these more than Al jeff who has a few pretty spin moves and a decent drop step.

Good points. AlJeff doesn't just have "a few pretty spin moves and a decent drop step". He's got up and unders, a good hook shot, decent mid range game, and a great touch with one handed shots. I'd say he's just as deadly as Kobe in the post. Maybe even more because he's taller and seems to be the better finisher. Shit, I think Boozer is right there as well. Excellent jab step, excellent mid range shooter off the fake, great either hand finisher, great hookshot, decent fadeaway. His post game is really all he has going for him as he is so short.

catch24
10-20-2010, 06:01 PM
Still, Big Al has more post moves and arguably just as good footwork. I really believe that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcT7JTmPPrk

Yeah, I remember him making Pau and Bynum look silly when we went to MINN. Great video btw -- the moves at :43 at 1:58 :bowdown:

I may be a bit biased, but PG has the most incredible footwork I've seen since prime Olajuwon imo. Considering his size and weight its amazing a specimen that BIG can move so fluidly.

me_
10-20-2010, 06:08 PM
wow, 14 pages? really?

kobe.

me_
10-20-2010, 06:12 PM

:applause:

Samurai Swoosh
10-20-2010, 06:24 PM
:pimp:

SICKNESS ... this isn't even a debate to anyone who knows what they're supposed to be looking for in terms of "footwork"

macpierce
10-20-2010, 07:09 PM
Have you ever watched Carmelo Or Pierce play? Because it seems like you only post about Kobe, with limit knowledge.
and you seem to discredit kobe with your skewed opinions :D
the consensus answer is kobe so the mods should lock the thread now
THANKS

KenneBell
10-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Melo has a great jab step and Pierce a great stepback but neither of them does what Kobe does on a game to game basis.

knightfall88
10-20-2010, 08:06 PM
lol the only reason kobe is still dominating today is he's footwork/

What a fcking dumb topic.

EarlTheGoat
10-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Lebrick James has no footwork.

monkeypox
10-20-2010, 09:46 PM
lol the only reason kobe is still dominating today is he's footwork/

What a fcking dumb topic.

Learn about some basketball fool. The best and most accurate way to gauge footwork is to look at how fast they can run and how effective they are in the paint. THAT'S IT!

PowerGlove
10-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Melo has a great jab step and Pierce a great stepback but neither of them does what Kobe does on a game to game basis.
Melo, yeah, Pierce no. You need to go watch some games and edit that. Pierce's whole game is based on coreographed steps/angles. He has had footwork down for a long time.

OldSchoolBBall
10-20-2010, 10:36 PM
How can anyone even ask this question? It's almost like asking who's the better rebounder between prime KG and Chris Paul.

branslowski
10-20-2010, 10:38 PM
How can anyone even ask this question? It's almost like asking who's the better rebounder between prime KG and Chris Paul.
:oldlol: Im a Kobe fan, and the difference isn't THAT huge...Now atleast.

OldSchoolBBall
10-20-2010, 10:48 PM
:oldlol: Im a Kobe fan, and the difference isn't THAT huge...Now atleast.

It was an exaggeration on my part (the gap isn't as big as between Paul/KG as rebounders), but this is CLEARLY Kobe. Like, why would you even need to ask the question?

eliteballer
10-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Watch the first play in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxy7np0dH5Q

That's when Kobe was 20...

KenneBell
10-20-2010, 11:32 PM
Melo, yeah, Pierce no. You need to go watch some games and edit that. Pierce's whole game is based on coreographed steps/angles. He has had footwork down for a long time.
No doubt he has the footwork. As good as Kobe, I personally don't think so.

Phong
10-20-2010, 11:58 PM
A few more examples:

http://nsa24.casimages.com/img/2010/10/21/101021054809816741.gif http://nsa24.casimages.com/img/2010/10/21/10102105464290108.gif
http://nsa24.casimages.com/img/2010/10/21/101021054556640194.gif http://nsa23.casimages.com/img/2010/10/21/101021054729337866.gif

Samurai Swoosh
10-21-2010, 12:02 AM
A few more examples:

http://nsa24.casimages.com/img/2010/10/21/101021054809816741.gif http://nsa24.casimages.com/img/2010/10/21/10102105464290108.gif
http://nsa24.casimages.com/img/2010/10/21/101021054556640194.gif http://nsa23.casimages.com/img/2010/10/21/101021054729337866.gif
That makes me want to throw up the display of skill is so sick.

laronprofit9
10-21-2010, 12:51 AM
Lebron James and Footwork?

Da :wtf:

BallsOut
10-21-2010, 01:03 AM
A few more examples:

or as Wade would say:

knightfall88
10-21-2010, 01:15 AM

or as Wade would say:

gawd I love Kobe's reverse pivot jumpshots.

You have to give credit to Kobe - he has definitely made his own moves and made his own game - he is not a Jordon carbon copy.

Samurai Swoosh
10-21-2010, 01:28 AM
You have to give credit to Kobe - he has definitely made his own moves and made his own game - he is not a Jordon carbon copy.
His reverse pivots are sick, the way he uses pump fakes and his body to shield defenders and/or draw fouls.

Need 2 gifs.

1) Kobe reverse pivoting and peeling Shawn Marion to his back then hitting a jumper (playoff game 2006 I believe)

2) Kobe sick behind the back pull back dribble on Manu Ginobili, pump fake, step through for the floater (playoff game 2008)

Lebron23
10-21-2010, 01:29 AM
Kobe Bryant.

KobeKlutch
10-21-2010, 02:03 AM
Since this thread is still going, I am going with Kobe.

Phong
10-21-2010, 02:04 AM
Kobe sick behind the back pull back dribble on Manu Ginobili, pump fake, step through for the floater (playoff game 2008)

http://nsa24.casimages.com/img/2010/10/21/101021080255640008.gif http://nsa24.casimages.com/img/2010/10/21/101021080018182380.gif

Samurai Swoosh
10-21-2010, 02:05 AM
http://nsa24.casimages.com/img/2010/10/21/101021080255640008.gif http://nsa24.casimages.com/img/2010/10/21/101021080018182380.gif
I just threw up ... DISGUSTING ass move.

Someone in the NBA has better than Kobe?

:no:

Samurai Swoosh
10-21-2010, 02:20 AM
1) Kobe reverse pivoting and peeling Shawn Marion to his back then hitting a jumper (playoff game 2006 I believe)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3_hXqEAfwg

Move @ 7:35

Replay32
10-21-2010, 02:31 AM
I just threw up ... DISGUSTING ass move.

Someone in the NBA has better than Kobe?

:no:

He traveled on that play. Not only did he switch his established pivot foot. He did a many jump thru on his lean to the basket.

Seeing that in slow mo, kobe traveled. He has great foot work, but he got away with one on that play. I'm pretty sure there are better gif's of kobe's footwork.

BTW: This is a silly thread. Kobe has better footwork compared to Lebron.

Samurai Swoosh
10-21-2010, 02:35 AM
He traveled on that play. Not only did he switch his established pivot foot. He did a many jump thru on his lean to the basket.
In slow motion it looks like a travel ... your assuming (in slow motion, mind you) that after he hops steps back that his left foot is his pivot foot. That isn't the case cause he hasn't moved either of them yet. He uses the right foot as the pivot, he's allowed the step through with the other free foot and he leaps after that step through.

Completely legal move. Only in slow motion would it even look questionable. But so would a lot of moves involving pivot feet in slow motion.

thejumpa
10-21-2010, 02:36 AM
Kobes or LeBrons...Kobes or LeBrons....

Mine.

:pimp:

Phong
10-21-2010, 02:40 AM
http://nsa23.casimages.com/img/2010/10/21/101021083656674122.gif http://nsa23.casimages.com/img/2010/10/21/101021083946792484.gif

Btw, anybody has a vid displaying LeBron's footwork?

Replay32
10-21-2010, 02:43 AM
In slow motion it looks like a travel ... your assuming (in slow motion, mind you) that after he hops steps back that his left foot is his pivot foot. That isn't the case cause he hasn't moved either of them yet. He uses the right foot as the pivot, he's allowed the step through with the other free foot and he leaps after that step through.

Completely legal move. Only in slow motion would it even look questionable. But so would a lot of moves involving pivot feet in slow motion.

But it wasn't a jump stop, it was a step back. You could see that on his step back move is left foot landed first on the ground making his left foot his pivot foot. Then he switch his pivot foot to the right foot and jumped through.

That's a travel. kobe switches his pivot sometimes and gets away with it. Players get away with palming and travelling all the time in the NBA. IMO he's has sicker moves with better footwork.

Mr. Bryant
10-21-2010, 02:46 AM
^ Dats just dumba$$ nasty. :bowdown:

Samurai Swoosh
10-21-2010, 02:46 AM
But it wasn't a jump stop, it was a step back.
Looks like a jump stop backwards, and obviously in real time thats what it looked like to the refs. As I said only in slow motion would you look at that and consider it a step back, but he clearly leaps with both feet off the ground on the jump stop going backwards.

You could see that on his step back move is left foot landed first on the ground making his left foot his pivot foot.
Exactly, IN SLOW MOTION ... in real time that isn't even visible to the human eye given how fast he pulled that move off ...

You have got to be kidding me on the semantics of this move in slow motion.

OldSchoolBBall
10-21-2010, 02:47 AM

Nah, I'm pretty sure you're only allowed to declare either foot as your pivot on a stepback like that only when you land on both feet at the same time. He landed on his left foot first, and then changed it to his right foot. That said, no one is seeing that in real time if they're reffing a game, and it's hardly an egregious violation considering the things that others (and Kobe himself at times) have gotten away with.

The context here is similar to a jump stop/short hop step, after which you're allowed to declare either foot your pivot - but when you execute the hop step/jump-stop, you're landing with both feet at the same time. Here he's not.

Samurai Swoosh
10-21-2010, 02:53 AM
Nah, I'm pretty sure you're only allowed to declare either foot as your pivot on a stepback like that only when you land on both feet at the same time. He landed on his left foot first, and then changed it to his right foot. That said, no one is seeing that in real time if they're reffing a game, and it's hardly an egregious violation considering the things that others (and Kobe himself at times) have gotten away with.

The context here is similar to a jump stop/short hop step, after which you're allowed to declare either foot your pivot - but when you execute the hop step/jump-stop, you're landing with both feet at the same time. Here he's not.
This is what I'd agree with ...

macpierce
10-21-2010, 04:18 AM
if kobe still had hops his fadeaway would be unblockable like it was back in the day :cry:

TryToBeUnbias
10-21-2010, 04:25 AM
http://nsa23.casimages.com/img/2010/10/21/101021083656674122.gif http://nsa23.casimages.com/img/2010/10/21/101021083946792484.gif

pauk
08-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Kobe i still think has better footwork, Lebron is only improving in that area, but its not something that gives Kobe advantage over Lebron, i mean if you dont get any more efficient production out of it at the end of the day its more only like visually nice, thats all, then its just like :
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/130/d/9/kobe_pwned_by_3824-d4z70ci.gif

jjayfive
08-21-2012, 02:51 PM
KObe

Nick Young
08-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Kobe by a wide margin

riseagainst
08-21-2012, 02:53 PM
is this a trick question? Kobe and it's NOT EVEN CLOSE.

pauk
08-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Yea, Kobe has ridicilous footwork.... as a baller there is lots of offensive faceup/post footwork moves, pivot work, spins, fakes to learn from just watching Kobe...

Rubio2Gasol
08-21-2012, 03:02 PM
:coleman:

:biggums:

Blue&Orange
08-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Let me see if i get this... someone in 2009, i repeat 2009, said Lebron had better footwork... :lol

Guys there are a lot of stupid on Ish, no need to bring foreigners.

LikeABosh
08-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Lebron's footwork has gotten alot better but Kobe might have the best footwork in the game.