PDA

View Full Version : Dahntay Jones tripped Kobe Bryant

JtotheIzzo
05-26-2009, 09:25 AM
dayum Laker fans, you are starting to slip, or maybe mature, if so, kudos:applause:

IMMHOO (in my most humble of opinions) that sh*t is cheap and he deserves to watch game five in street clothes from the locker room.

Crash
05-26-2009, 09:28 AM
Im sure it will be upgraded to a flagrant... the 2nd time LA gets robbed on the floor and dont get the FT or the momentum of the call.

The Kobe Show
05-26-2009, 09:28 AM
dayum Laker fans, you are starting to slip, or maybe mature, if so, kudos:applause:

IMMHOO (in my most humble of opinions) that sh*t is cheap and he deserves to watch game five in street clothes from the locker room.

yeah i agree with this. we are just being content fans because we have faith in our team and the nba will do what is needed. :D

Valliant13
05-26-2009, 09:29 AM

A five game suspension for a trip? How soft are you? It was definitely a flagrant 1...if Kobe and been scratched in anyway I would even buy a Flagrant 2 and one game suspension, but 5 games for a trip. Kobe threw and knee and elbow to Battiers head and he didn't even get a flagrant. Rondo punched a guy in the face and he didn't get a flagrant. But a trip on Kobe is worth 5 games. Use your head.

plowking
05-26-2009, 09:32 AM
Agreed. Jones is going out there to hurt Kobe. The trip was cheap, but that push in the back on that layup (game three) was dirty and could have damn near injured Kobe for the rest of the playoffs.

League needs to take a look at that. I'm surprised it wasn't more then a regular foul because there was absolutely 0 attempt to get the ball.

Silverbullit
05-26-2009, 09:37 AM
A five game suspension for a trip? How soft are you? It was definitely a flagrant 1...if Kobe and been scratched in anyway I would even buy a Flagrant 2 and one game suspension, but 5 games for a trip. Kobe threw and knee and elbow to Battiers head and he didn't even get a flagrant. Rondo punched a guy in the face and he didn't get a flagrant. But a trip on Kobe is worth 5 games. Use your head.

Not 5 games, but Game 5 :D

Valliant13
05-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Agreed. Jones is going out there to hurt Kobe. The trip was cheap, but that push in the back on that layup (game three) was dirty and could have damn near injured Kobe for the rest of the playoffs.

League needs to take a look at that. I'm surprised it wasn't more then a regular foul because there was absolutely 0 attempt to get the ball.

I actually agree that the push was much worse. Dudes get tripped five times a game every game, and very rarely are seriously hurt from it. Pushing a man when he is vulnerable in the air is extremely dangerous, and how people wind up with broken wrists, busted heads, and paralyzed. The league, however, and always been about consequences of behavior, more than the behavior itself. So if Shaq flattens a guy going for a clean block (because he weighs 200lbs more) he is going to get suspended; it Jones pushes someone hard in the back while they are in air, and the guy lands alright, its just going to be normal foul most of the time.

Valliant13
05-26-2009, 09:40 AM

Hahahhaa...ok I reread the OP. It's clearly what you meant. Sorry, my overreaction. One game would still be a bit much, but not an outrage.

JtotheIzzo
05-26-2009, 09:41 AM

thank you, I am glad I didn't have to correct him. I love it when people who lack reading comprehension assail you for something you never wrote.

insidehoops
05-26-2009, 09:41 AM
That trip deserves a flagrant-1 or a tech or something, but nothing more than that. Obviously not a suspension.

JtotheIzzo
05-26-2009, 09:43 AM
That trip deserves a flagrant-1 or a tech or something, but nothing more than that. Obviously not a suspension.

disagree, and frankly a little disappointed Jeff.

tripping is one of the worst things you can do to another player (Pushing in the back as mentioned above is worse).

much worse than what Rajon did to Brad Miller for example (though Rajon got away with it) and add to the fact it happened to one of the faces of the league and it is a no brainer.

total chicken sh*t move.

Meticode
05-26-2009, 09:44 AM
Give him a technical foul I say.

BallersTalk
05-26-2009, 09:45 AM
Give him a technical foul I say.
Yup. Tech max.

bagelred
05-26-2009, 10:27 AM
Dahntay Jones be trippin'.

Valliant13
05-26-2009, 10:44 AM
thank you, I am glad I didn't have to correct him. I love it when people who lack reading comprehension assail you for something you never wrote.

I apologize. I did misread you and spoke out of turn.

DuMa
05-26-2009, 10:47 AM
What Kobe said about the trip

Bryant kept things light when asked if Jones tried to trip him.

“I just fell on my face for no reason,” he said. “I’m a klutz.”

Was Jones playing him dirty?

“Good defense,” Bryant said.

wang4three
05-26-2009, 10:51 AM
I actually agree that the push was much worse. Dudes get tripped five times a game every game, and very rarely are seriously hurt from it. Pushing a man when he is vulnerable in the air is extremely dangerous, and how people wind up with broken wrists, busted heads, and paralyzed. The league, however, and always been about consequences of behavior, more than the behavior itself. So if Shaq flattens a guy going for a clean block (because he weighs 200lbs more) he is going to get suspended; it Jones pushes someone hard in the back while they are in air, and the guy lands alright, its just going to be normal foul most of the time.

I agree. As a ball player, nothing is worse than attacking a player while he is in air. This is why I hate when players undercut another just to try to get draw a charge. It's dangerous as **** and it should be called a tech everytime a player tries to do it. I personally injured my wrist permanently cause some dumb **** wanted to take a charge while I was in the air trying to make a layup. In this case of pushing a guy in the air, it's no doubt a flagrant 2 in my opinion. Had Kobe not retained his balance and body control, he could've been seriously hurt. I've seen a guy pushed mid air and then he got knocked out cold by the way he landed onto concrete. ****ing disgraceful if you ask me.

Mor'Fiyah
05-26-2009, 10:52 AM

I thought about making a thread then decided to wait and see if people would make the same deal about it they made when Kobe apparently had some "dirty plays". Of course ISH let me down....

plowking
05-26-2009, 11:02 AM
I agree. As a ball player, nothing is worse than attacking a player while he is in air. This is why I hate when players undercut another just to try to get draw a charge. It's dangerous as **** and it should be called a tech everytime a player tries to do it. I personally injured my wrist permanently cause some dumb **** wanted to take a charge while I was in the air trying to make a layup. In this case of pushing a guy in the air, it's no doubt a flagrant 2 in my opinion. Had Kobe not retained his balance and body control, he could've been seriously hurt. I've seen a guy pushed mid air and then he got knocked out cold by the way he landed onto concrete. ****ing disgraceful if you ask me.

This happened to me just last night at ball. Ref called nothing too.

Simply said to me, he was standing his ground and it's not a foul. I'm like, I have to have somewhere to land, and he is not standing his ground if he is stepping into the spot where I'm about to land.

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Why do people have such a hard time understanding this?

A TRIP IS A REGULAR FOUL, WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR NOT, AND JONES HAS BEEN CALLED FOR IT COUNTLESS TIMES THIS SEASON.

Why on earth would someone get suspended for a regular foul? You people amaze me.

Tool
05-26-2009, 11:12 AM
OH MY GOD AND WE ALL SAW IT TOO! :violin:

Mor'Fiyah
05-26-2009, 11:15 AM

A TRIP IS A REGULAR FOUL, WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR NOT, AND JONES HAS BEEN CALLED FOR IT COUNTLESS TIMES THIS SEASON.

Why on earth would someone get suspended for a regular foul? You people amaze me.

An ACCIDENTAL trip is a regular foul. Realizing you can't stop someone from getting to the lane and then kicking their feet out from under them is unacceptable. Are you saying that players should be allowed to use their feet to trip players if they can't get to them with their hands and at worse its a personal foul. Are you a denver fan?

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 11:16 AM
An ACCIDENTAL trip is a regular foul. Realizing you can't stop someone from getting to the lane and then kicking their feet out from under them is unacceptable. Are you saying that players should be allowed to use their feet to trip players if they can't get to them with their hands and at worse its a personal foul. Are you a denver fan?
Man, do you not know the rules? A trip is a foul. INTENTIONAL TRIPS EXACTLY LIKE THAT ARE REGULAR FOULS. As I said before, he's done it multiple times before to star players and the refs call it an intentional trip, which is a foul.

Seriously, what is wrong with you people.

plowking
05-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Man, do you not know the rules? A trip is a foul. INTENTIONAL TRIPS EXACTLY LIKE THAT ARE REGULAR FOULS. As I said before, he's done it multiple times before to star players and the refs call it an intentional trip, which is a foul.

I'm saying he should be suspended for his shove in Kobe's back in game three. No attempt at the ball. None.

Mor'Fiyah
05-26-2009, 11:20 AM

You don't know the rules. Any.. ANY.. foul that comes from a non-basketball play is liable to be called worse than a normal personal foul (intentional or unintentional foul as a result of a basketball play). Kicking someone in the shins or putting your foot under a player so they trip and fall or get hurt is not a basketball play and if the player is deemed to have done it intentionally is grounds for harsher punishment. A vast majority of the times the officials cant see whether it was intentional or not.

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 11:23 AM
You don't know the rules. Any.. ANY.. foul that comes from a non-basketball play is liable to be called worse than a normal personal foul (intentional or unintentional foul as a result of a basketball play). Kicking someone in the shins or putting your foot under a player so they trip and fall or get hurt is not a basketball play and if the player is deemed to have done it intentionally is grounds for harsher punishment. A vast majority of the times the officials cant see whether it was intentional or not.
Man, have you even watched the Nuggets during the regular season? He has 100%, blatantly, obviously, right in front of the refs, tripped star players. It's a regular foul. Shoot free throws if they're in the penalty, take it out on the side if they're not.

Seriously not hard to understand, and he obviously won't be suspended.

Mor'Fiyah
05-26-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm saying he should be suspended for his shove in Kobe's back in game three. No attempt at the ball. None.

I actually think the implications of the trip are a little worse. Here is why... the shove was dangerous no lie... but at least its somewhat understandable that players take intentional fouls to not give a player a layup. In effect Jone's shove was more overzealous and unnecessary than it was a non-basketball play. The trip on the other hand has nothing to do with basketball. And if plays like that are going to be called just personal fouls even if they are intentional then players who cant get to other players with their hands or who want to use another means to hurt and or foul a player without getting caught have the green light to use their feet to trip and kick other players to the floor.

sixerfan82
05-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Kobe was asked about it, he said "I just fell on my face for no reason"

LOL best response EVER

paguy1955
05-26-2009, 11:26 AM
I don't believe that you can go from NO CALL to One Game Suspension.:no: :confusedshrug: :rant Game over GET OVER IT!:rockon: :pimp:

Mor'Fiyah
05-26-2009, 11:27 AM
Man, have you even watched the Nuggets during the regular season? He has 100%, blatantly, obviously, right in front of the refs, tripped star players. It's a regular foul. Shoot free throws if they're in the penalty, take it out on the side if they're not.

Leaving your foot in place or even stepping into the path of another player and having their feet trip over yours is a little different than kicking out sideways (not an actual step to the side) to kick a player in the shins and send them to the ground. Want to bet money that the league tacks a flagrant on him?

plowking
05-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Jones' shove on Kobe was a dirty play. Should have been ejected in my opinion. Made no attempt for the ball at all.

Mor'Fiyah
05-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Jones' shove on Kobe was a dirty play. Should have been ejected in my opinion. Made no attempt for the ball at all.

Neither play was an attempt for the ball.

Allstar24
05-26-2009, 11:33 AM
I hope he doesn't get suspended because he's not that good (sucks on defense too), I'd rather see more of him than JR Smith.

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Leaving your foot in place or even stepping into the path of another player and having their feet trip over yours is a little different than kicking out sideways (not an actual step to the side) to kick a player in the shins and send them to the ground. Want to bet money that the league tacks a flagrant on him?
Again, you obviously haven't watched a nuggets game so I have no idea why you're still talking. I said, he has BLATANTLY tripped people. (For you since you are so incompetent, that means EXACTLY THE SAME WAY HE TRIPPED KOBE). It's a regular foul.

Holy ****, this is my last attempt. You people are ****ing awful to reason with.

Keep thinking "the lakers are just beating themselves" too....

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Riddle me this, has Bruce Bowen ever been suspended for tripping someone?

:roll:

Faberg
05-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Bruce Bowen does that tripping **** all the time and he didn't get called on it. Move on.

insidehoops
05-26-2009, 11:45 AM
There's no talk whatsoever that he'd get suspended for simply tripping someone. It's not a consideration.

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 11:53 AM
There's no talk whatsoever that he'd get suspended for simply tripping someone. It's not a consideration.
/thread!

The_Yearning
05-26-2009, 11:55 AM
If Anthony Johnson deserved a tech for inadvertently elbowing Mo in the face, this deserves at least a tech, more so a flagrant 1.

Suspension? Rondo's swipe at the redneck and received no suspension. It's playoffs basketball chumps.

Mor'Fiyah
05-26-2009, 11:57 AM

Not hard to find. ESPN's Daily Dime already spoke about it...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-090526
"Additionally, guard Dahntay Jones added another notch to his growing rep as a dirty player by appearing to intentionally trip Bryant as he made a cut down the lane. There was no call on the play but he'll likely hear from the league office about it, with the likely outcome being an after-the-fact flagrant 1, but a suspension is also possible. (The league will also review Andrew Bynum's flagrant foul on Andersen, most likely to rescind it.)"

EllEffEll
05-26-2009, 12:05 PM
I can find nothing in the current rules that would allow for a technical foul to be called for Jones' play. I think a case could maybe be made for a Flagrant 1. A foul call was missed, one of the more obvious missed foul calls but just a missed foul call, not a tech as defined by the NBA's rules IMO.

Flag 2? Not even close. That would be way over the top in my opinion as they have to leave room for the really egregious stuff.

Here is my take on types of (non-technical) fouls (some fouls are more than one type):

1) pure basketball foul - going for the ball or trying to establish position, but not dirty, cheap, reckless, etc. Just contact that happens when trying to make plays.

2) cheap/dirty basketball foul - trying to disrupt an opponent's play by grabbing, tripping, running into, (etc.) the player, but not really going for the ball or having any chance whatsoever to establish position. But not really trying to injure or intimidate. Possibly, but not automatically Flag 1, could be Flag 2 only IF combined with #4.

3) carelessly/recklessly aggressive basketball foul - trying to play the ball or establish position, but done so with little to no regard for safety. Also Flag 1 type stuff, could be Flag 2 if done to extreme excess.

4) straight up dirty/cheap/aggressive foul - having little or nothing to do with basketball, but simply trying to intimidate or injure an opponent (Bowen laying out Wally being an excellent example IMHO). Fisher vs. Scola in Game 2 of the conf. semi's being a good example of this even if Fish tried to make it appear as a pick. Even if combined with other types of fouls, still Flag 2 territory. Could be a tech depending on how/when it is done.

I see Jone's "move" as #2 with a little of #3 thrown in for good measure as he lifted his foot and hooked KB's leg to make sure he didn't get away. He had no possibility of making a play on the ball and could not have possibly established position so it was a trip, plain and simple. Still a basketball play much like Melo holding Ariza in Game 3, but a little more dangerous. Less than honorable in my book, but not really trying to injure, just trying to make sure KB did not advance to the basket. Kobe's elbow to Artest's chest in Game 2 of the conf. semi's was the same type of move IMO.

I see Bynum's foul on Birdman as #3 if he did make contact with the head of Birdman and it appears he did (or at least his headband).

Both of last night's examples were still basketball fouls.

Mor'Fiyah
05-26-2009, 12:05 PM
In addition... when the league looks at his past transgressions with the push on Bryant going for the dunk and this as well in last night's game:

http://i41.tinypic.com/29elp1.gif

Yeah. I think Jones is in trouble.

Mor'Fiyah
05-26-2009, 12:09 PM
I can find nothing in the current rules that would allow for a technical foul to be called for Jone's play. I think a case could maybe be made for a Flagrant 1. A foul call was missed, one of the more obvious missed foul calls but just a missed foul call, not a tech as defined by the NBA's rules IMO.

Flag 2? Not even close. That would be way over the top in my opinion as they have to leave room for the really egregious stuff.

Here is my take on types of (non-technical) fouls (some fouls are more than one type):

1) pure basketball foul - going for the ball or trying to establish position, but not dirty, cheap, reckless, etc. Just contact that happens when trying to make plays.

2) cheap/dirty basketball foul - trying to disrupt an opponent's play by grabbing, tripping, running into, (etc.) the player, but not really going for the ball or having any chance whatsoever to establish position. But not really trying to injure or intimidate. Possibly, but not automatically Flag 1, could be Flag 2 only IF combined with #4.

3) carelessly/recklessly aggressive basketball foul - trying to play the ball or establish position, but done so with little to no regard for safety. Also Flag 1 type stuff, could be Flag 2 if done to extreme excess.

4) straight up dirty/cheap/aggressive foul - having little or nothing to do with basketball, but simply trying to intimidate or injure an opponent (Bowen laying out Wally being an excellent example IMHO). Fisher vs. Scola in Game 2 of the conf. semi's being a good example of this even if Fish tried to make it appear as a pick. Even if combined with other types of fouls, still Flag 2 territory. Could be a tech depending on how/when it is done.

I see Jone's "move" as #2 with a little of #3 thrown in for good measure as he lifted his foot and hooked KB's leg to make sure he didn't get away. He had no possibility of making a play on the ball and could not have possibly established position so it was a trip, plain and simple. Still a basketball play much like Melo holding Ariza in Game 3, but a little more dangerous. Less than honorable in my book, but not really trying to injure, just trying to make sure KB did not advance to the basket. Kobe's elbow to Artest's chest in Game 2 of the conf. semi's was the same type of move IMO.

I see Bynum's foul on Birdman as #3 if he did make contact with the head of Birdman and it appears he did (or at least his headband).

Both of last night's examples were still basketball fouls.

Good summary and I agree to an extent. What I think you are missing in the case of Jones is his past transgressions and already being warned by the league, and the follow through with his legs. It doesn't just look like a trip as much as it looks like a kick. But we will see what the league does. I am almost certain it will get upgraded.

LA_Showtime
05-26-2009, 12:11 PM
the only thing that matters is dahntay jones pissed kobe off. i wouldn't be surprised to see kobe go for 45 wednesday night.

wang4three
05-26-2009, 12:15 PM
This happened to me just last night at ball. Ref called nothing too.

Simply said to me, he was standing his ground and it's not a foul. I'm like, I have to have somewhere to land, and he is not standing his ground if he is stepping into the spot where I'm about to land.

Yeah I've heard something similar by a ref too once. I told him the same thing you did and that even if he was standing his ground we started out running and his intention was to run to a spot so he had no intention of playing D or making a play at the ball, but rather getting to a spot; to me that's a violation of the rules. We argued for a bit during the following time out and he persisted saying that he had 20 years of reffing, etc. I got T'd up cause I told him, "Reffing basketball doesn't mean you understand it. Playing it does." Coach benched me for the rest of the game. It's one of few techs I've ever gotten in all my years of playing rec/hs basketball.

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 12:16 PM
the only thing that matters is dahntay jones pissed kobe off. i wouldn't be surprised to see kobe go for 45 wednesday night.
Would it matter? It seems like he goes for 45 every night, his teammates can't do jack

EllEffEll
05-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Good summary and I agree to an extent. What I think you are missing in the case of Jones is his past transgressions and already being warned by the league, and the follow through with his legs. It doesn't just look like a trip as much as it looks like a kick. But we will see what the league does. I am almost certain it will get upgraded.

Each of a player's transgressions should be dealt with individually with a mechanism built into the rules to deal with multiple transgressions so it doesn't become an arbitrary process. If it's a Flag 1, make it so and an accumulation of them will have an impact just like it would for any player.

If he's done the crime and done the time for the past transgressions, his past should have no bearing.

LA_Showtime
05-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Would it matter? It seems like he goes for 45 every night, his teammates can't do jack

lol @ this point kobe has to score over 40 points for us to beat denver. it's sorta pathetic...

STelfair31
05-26-2009, 12:22 PM

you gotta tell someone want an acronym means, theres no point in even using the acronym IMMHOO, because the explanation of the actual acronym is long then the acronym itself... aside from that, the whole tripping insident may just fuel the Lakers..

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2008/writers/chris_ballard/05/27/kobe0602/p1_kobe1.jpg

he looks pissed, doesn't he??

DuMa
05-26-2009, 12:28 PM
if kobe/lakers needs extra motivation to beat denver then they're in trouble. theyre simply not hungry enough night in night out

Fatal9
05-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Tripping fouls are now flagrants? It was a clear foul but flagrant/suspension worthy? :oldlol:

Cangri
05-26-2009, 12:42 PM
If it was against any other player people wouldn't give a sh.t.
But no, it was against poor Kobe :violin:

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-26-2009, 12:54 PM

I count at least 3 cheap shot on Kobe so far.
1. Jones shoves Kobe in back while Kobe is in air. intentional. foul called. no tech.
2. Jones trips Kobe intentionally. no foul called.
3. Melo shoves Kobe in back while Kobe is in air. intentional. foul called. no tech.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-26-2009, 12:55 PM
If it was against any other player people wouldn't give a sh.t.
But no, it was against poor Kobe :violin:

and if KOBE pulled the same stunts, people would be going nuts...including YOU.

keep your hyprocracy in check.

konex
05-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Kobe has destroyed Jones all series. If he gets suspended, JR might start. That's not good for LA :roll:

jjayfive
05-26-2009, 01:06 PM
as a laker fan, i would say the trip was intentional.. however, i don't think it was that dirty, ala bruce bowen trips... he wasn't tryin to hurt the guy....

jjayfive
05-26-2009, 01:12 PM
the push was way more worse...

bdreason
05-26-2009, 01:34 PM
That's a cheap play and deserves a a suspension.

I'm all for physical play, but that's just a cheap move that could seriously injure someone.

One of the most bush league plays I've ever seen.

OldSchoolBBall
05-26-2009, 01:43 PM
That's a cheap play and deserves a a suspension.

I'm all for physical play, but that's just a cheap move that could seriously injure someone.

One of the most bush league plays I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVUXJ8Q7ehY#t=4m30s at the 4:30-4:45 mark

Regular foul, no tech, no flagrant, no ejection.

Mor'Fiyah
05-26-2009, 01:57 PM

As if the calls getting people suspended and T'ed up would have had the same repercussions back then also. At least they called it a foul. Jones got away with it straight up. This is a different situation in regards to the league's precedent on looking back at plays and doling out punishment. In this video it looks like the guy falls first and then hooks Jordans legs vs Jones straight kicking Kobe's legs out.

Younggrease
05-26-2009, 01:58 PM

he didnt do it on purpose

crisoner
05-26-2009, 02:02 PM

But they can't do anything about it though right because there wasn't a call on it to begin with?

IMO it deserves a suspension...not a good hard foul etc. just dirty play straight up.

Mor'Fiyah
05-26-2009, 02:02 PM
Actually the more I look at the play the less I think its suspension worthy. From the front view it looks like Jones swings and kicks Kobe's legs out from under him. The side view shows it was more of a hook/trip. Still cheap... but not suspension worthy.

My only qualm is I think prior transgressions should be taken into account. Whats to stop a player from saying "I have seven of these that i can use before it actually hurts me" and then cheap fouling certain players throughout a series?

crisoner
05-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Actually the more I look at the play the less I think its suspension worthy. From the front view it looks like Jones swings and kicks Kobe's legs out from under him. The side view shows it was more of a hook/trip. Still cheap... but not suspension worthy.

So by calling it a hook/trip instead of a trip makes it some what less vile?
yeah...that totally makes sense. :rolleyes:

Maybe we should call elbow blows love taps so they will not deserve techs as well.

Mor'Fiyah
05-26-2009, 02:12 PM
So by calling it a hook/trip instead of a trip makes it some what less vile?
yeah...that totally makes sense. :rolleyes:

Maybe we should call elbow blows love taps so they will not deserve techs as well.

Its the intensity of the action that does it to me. For instance hooking a player with your elbow to throw them off balance and get by them is an offensive foul... but only that. Swinging with the elbow is much more serious. It at first looked to me like Jones swung through with his leg and swept Kobe's feet from under him. But after seeing it over its more apparent he stuck his leg out and then hooked Bryant off his feet. Still a dirty cheap move and I hope it gets upgraded and the league starts watching him more closely. But I think to insist its suspension worthy is a bit over the top.

OldSchoolBBall
05-26-2009, 02:12 PM
he didnt do it on purpose

Is that a joke? Are you watching the same play I am? Edwards CLEARLY pulls MJ's leg to the side on purpose.

shok
05-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Look, it happened, the game is over. Kobe is not hurt. We need to move on.

However, it's hard not to point out that Rafer Alson gets suspended for slapping Eddie House in the back of the head ever so lightly--yet a malicious play that could've caused an injury doesn't get ANY recognition.

But this is the game. Hinrich being thrown into the scorer's table, Howard getting a ball thrown at him--some shyt just doesn't get called.

nbastatus
05-26-2009, 02:24 PM
flagrant please.

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 02:28 PM
:roll: These kobe lovers in here are ridiculous

I can only imagine what they would be saying had JR connected on that monstrous dunk over him :oldlol:

D-Rose
05-26-2009, 02:31 PM
:oldlol: @ anyone that says this wasn't a tech/flagrant

Dahntay clearly did that on purpose, so if that isn't a flagrant, guys should do it all the time and not have to worry about it being considered malicious.

A player could get a serious injury to the face for a trip. It might not help Jones either that he had the push on Kobe that was changed to a flagrant. Like JVG said, you are what you do.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
05-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Kobe Bryant's gets shove, push, hit, trip, punch and no fouls call. If you give LeBron a wink, LeBron will be at the line shooting free throws. Magics are too tough for the Cavs, cause their a shooting team. Cavs needs help by the leauge/refs to beat the Magics. If the Magics were a driving to the basketball team, I bet Magics wouldn't get any calls, if they get foul going to the basketball.

The league knows, if they call the game correctly. Lakers sweep the Nuggets in 4. They need LA to go 6-7 games in every series. The Lakers are making the league huge money.

NBA is a manufactured league that create super stars, just like the WWE. They want the ultimate Kobe vs LeBron match up.

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 02:33 PM
:oldlol: @ anyone that says this wasn't a tech/flagrant

Dahntay clearly did that on purpose, so if that isn't a flagrant, guys should do it all the time and not have to worry about it being considered malicious.

A player could get a serious injury to the face for a trip. It might not help Jones either that he had the push on Kobe that was changed to a flagrant. Like JVG said, you are what you do.
Another jackass that knows nothing about fouls :oldlol: :applause:

NewYorkUSCtrojan
05-26-2009, 02:34 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

fool....

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 02:36 PM
I see no reason to laugh at logic. But I already tried to explain to you californians. Just keep living in your own imaginary world, I suppose.

RajonKGcelts
05-26-2009, 02:38 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

fool....

I don't get how he's a fool, he's right. trips happen all the time. it was pretty weak, there was no need to call it a flagrant at all

D-Rose
05-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Another jackass that knows nothing about fouls :oldlol: :applause:
Ok, we'll see when the NBA upgrades it to at least a technical. You can't just trip someone ON PURPOSE blatantly and not expect anything to happen. Those types of fouls can cause injury to the jaw of a player or the nose, face, etc. That was a flagrant over what they called Bynum for on Birdman, It looked bad cause Bynum's long arms wound up and went at the ball, and as you saw in the replay, it was mostly ball and a hard foul...but a trip is not even a technical :oldlol: GTFO.

If this was Sasha tripping Carmelo, you would be b*tchin all over the boards.

paguy1955
05-26-2009, 02:41 PM
New question... If his teammates(Yo pau, odem, andrew etc.) thought this was so bad...why NOT rush to defend him or retaliate against him or any othre Nugget....:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: If that bad should of been a bench clearing "discussion"

NewYorkUSCtrojan
05-26-2009, 02:41 PM

Don't even go there. Dude will be going on a murder rampage...

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Ok, we'll see when the NBA upgrades it to at least a technical. You can't just trip someone ON PURPOSE blatantly and not expect anything to happen. Those types of fouls can cause injury to the jaw of a player or the nose, face, etc. That was a flagrant over what they called Bynum for on Birdman, It looked bad cause Bynum's long arms wound up and went at the ball, and as you saw in the replay, it was mostly ball and a hard foul...but a trip is not even a technical :oldlol: GTFO.

Dude....I'm trying to actually have a conversation rationally and you're making this really hard. It simply does not matter if it was intentional. I repeat. It simply does not matter if it was intentional. Again. IT SIMPLY DOES NOT MATTER IF IT WAS INTENTIONAL. A trip is a trip. A trip also happens to be a normal, run of the mill foul.

Why are you arguing this? There's no argument, it's incredibly clear cut.

D-Rose
05-26-2009, 02:44 PM
New question... If his teammates(Yo pau, odem, andrew etc.) thought this was so bad...why NOT rush to defend him or retaliate against him or any othre Nugget....:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: If that bad should of been a bench clearing "discussion"
because no one saw it, Kobe would have probably gotten more aggressive on the refs after the play if he didn't have 5 techs.

OneMoreSucka
Because his teammates don't respect him :confusedshrug:

NewYorkUSCtrojan

Cause if any Lakers player did this, they would automatic eject and suspended for a game. The league/refs knows they need to help the nuggets in order to get a 6-7 games series. LA generate too much money for them.

If they call the game straight up. The Lakers would sweep the Nuggets, maybe the Nuggets might steal 1 game. The regular season is a telling story. And LA own Denver for years..

Younggrease
05-26-2009, 02:45 PM
Dude....I'm trying to actually have a conversation rationally and you're making this really hard. It simply does not matter if it was intentional. I repeat. It simply does not matter if it was intentional. Again. IT SIMPLY DOES NOT MATTER IF IT WAS INTENTIONAL. A trip is a trip. A trip also happens to be a normal, run of the mill foul.

Why are you arguing this? There's no argument, it's incredibly clear cut.

the fact that you think it is that clear cut is an indictment on your own understanding...The distinction between intentional and unintentional basketball plays has and always will take a part in basketball. In your quest to be clear cut you are not even taking part in the relevant discussion. Your like that guy in class after the teacher explains the concept that tries to explain it back in terms that are much to simple to embody what you were susposed to get out of it.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
05-26-2009, 02:48 PM
the fact that you think it is that clear cut is an indictment on your own understanding...The distinction between intentional and unintentional basketball plays has and always will take a part in basketball. In your quest to be clear cut you are not even taking part in the relevant discussion. Your like that guy in class after the teacher explains the concept that tries to explain it back in terms that are much to simple to embody what you were susposed to get out of it.

There is a reason why no one ever respond to that fool thread/topic. The dude is a biased retard.

I respond to one of it post, and realized it was the tool. So I stop..!

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 02:48 PM
What? We can all agree that Dahntay intentionally tripped him, but what does it matter? Had the refs called the foul, he would've taken the ball out of bounds and this thread wouldn't even exist, would it? :confusedshrug:

But since it was a no call, people seem to come to these ridiculous conclusions like Dahntay was trying to injure him. I just don't get it. Kobe was making a cut to the basket and Dahntay didn't let him.

OldSchoolBBall
05-26-2009, 02:50 PM
LMAO @ USCTrojan talking about the league fixing games because the Lakers bring in money, yet he won't take the next logical step, which is that the league fixes games to ensure that the Lakers advance to the next round, so the league can make even more money.

In other words: it's all BS.

Younggrease
What? We can all agree that Dahntay intentionally tripped him, but what does it matter? Had the refs called the foul, he would've taken the ball out of bounds and this thread wouldn't even exist, would it? :confusedshrug:

But since it was a no call, people seem to come to these ridiculous conclusions like Dahntay was trying to injure him. I just don't get it. Kobe was making a cut to the basket and Dahntay didn't let him.

No if they would have called a foul it would still be reviewed because of he nature of the play...Its a dirty and dangerous play. I rather get elbowed in the chest or thrown to the ground then tripped like that. Some people fail to see how dangerous such a play is and why is cant be allowed in basketball.

OneMoreSucka
There is a reason why no one ever respond to that fool thread/topic. The dude is a biased retard.

I respond to one of it post, and realized it was the tool. So I stop..!
I'm one of the most unbiased sports fans there is. I love the game of basketball, period. I try to base my thoughts on all ends of the spectrum before I form opinions.

Why is everyone so bitter in here?

NewYorkUSCtrojan
If Sasha, Luke, Farmar would trip his homegirl Carmelo. Dude will be going nuts on this board. We would probably see his ass on the 10 o' clock news holding David Stern hostage.

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 02:51 PM
No if they would have called a foul it would still be reviewed because of he nature of the play...Its a dirty and dangerous play. I rather get elbowed in the chest or thrown to the ground then tripped like that. Some people fail to see how dangerous such a play is and why is cant be allowed in basketball.
Which is why earlier I mentioned how Dahntay has done this before countless times. He's tripped someone probably 30+ times this season and it's never gone under review, it's always been a normal foul. Are you saying just because it was Kobe, then?

Younggrease
05-26-2009, 02:54 PM
if being intentional v. unintentional doesnt matter then why was Johnson's unintentional foul to Mo Williams rescinded?

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 02:57 PM
if being intentional v. unintentional doesnt matter then why was Johnson's unintentional foul to Mo Williams rescinded?
You mean the elbow? Because it that was upper body and hit him in the head. It doesn't matter if you trip someone intentionally or not. Can't you recall times where a player would unintentionally trip someone and get the foul? They'd be all upset and yelling at the officials but it doesn't matter. A trip is a trip, which is why I said it's so clear cut.

YoungMula
05-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Jones is a *****.. Theres really nothing else to say about the guy. He sucks so bad on defense that he has to use ***** tactics to try to succeed. Hes there to get the fouls on him so melo or billups don't get in foul trouble. Try that **** around here & he'd get ktfo

EllEffEll
05-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Except for a clear definition of the word "unnecessaary" when defining what constitutes a flagrant foul, the rules are pretty clear about this:

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_12.html?nav=ArticleList

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Except for a clear definition of the word "unnecessaary" when defining what constitutes a flagrant foul, the rules are pretty clear about this:

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_12.html?nav=ArticleList
"Pulling the chair" is unnecessary and I don't see that being called a flagrant.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
05-26-2009, 03:06 PM
Jones is a *****.. Theres really nothing else to say about the guy. He sucks so bad on defense that he has to use ***** tactics to try to succeed. Hes there to get the fouls on him so melo or billups don't get in foul trouble. Try that **** around here & he'd get ktfo

BINGO

LA_Showtime
05-26-2009, 03:07 PM
If Sasha had been tripped everyone (including Laker fans) would be laughing instead of complaining.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
05-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Kobe Bryant does not get NBA Super Star treatment. And he's one of the face of the NBA.

-That's how good Kobe Bryant really is..................

:applause:

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-26-2009, 03:13 PM

I agree that he is a *****. BUT defense is WHY he is in the league. His reputation was 100% defensive coming out of college.
He is supposed to be a very good defender.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
05-26-2009, 03:16 PM
I agree that he is a *****. BUT defense is WHY he is in the league. His reputation was 100% defensive coming out of college.
He is supposed to be a very good defender.

By cheating...If you go back to his college days...Other teams and coaches were calling him a dirty player..You can do a google search..Lots of topics about him being a dirty weak player..

JtotheIzzo
05-26-2009, 03:18 PM
for the record I am the OP and I strongly dislike Kobe, so henceforth any references to Kobe lovers should be dismissed.

I just think it was a chicken sh*t p*ssy of a play that deserves to be punished.

If he gets away with it with no real penalty what is not to stop the Magic from putting JJ Reddick on the floor to trip LeBron on his first all out dash to the offensive glass.

it sets a bad precedent if he gets away with it.

Players can break wrist or hurt knees if this is done to them.

It is CRAZY y'all think this is a regular or 'tough' basketball play, its dirty and p*ssy, the lowest of the low, you do this where I play you'd get your f*ckin ass kicked.

paguy1955
05-26-2009, 03:18 PM
By cheating...If you go back to his college days...Other teams and coaches were calling him a dirty player..You can do a google search..Lots of topics about him being a dirty weak player..

So tell me how come a first class institution like Duke accepted such a bad guy as a student:wtf: :wtf:

NewYorkUSCtrojan
05-26-2009, 03:20 PM
for the record I am the OP and I strongly dislike Kobe, so henceforth any references to Kobe lovers should be dismissed.

I just think it was a chicken sh*t p*ssy of a play that deserves to be punished.

If he gets away with it with no real penalty what is not to stop the Magic from putting JJ Reddick on the floor to trip LeBron on his first all out dash to the offensive glass.

it sets a bad precedent if he gets away with it.

Players can break wrist or hurt knees if this is done to them.

It is CRAZY y'all think this is a regular or 'tough' basketball play, its dirty and p*ssy, the lowest of the low, you do this where I play you'd get your f*ckin ass kicked.

I gotta give you props bro..You're a known Laker's hater..And to make a thread like this...Good stuffs..

I don't care much for the trip either..But if Kobe Bryant is a NBA Super Star, why isn't he getting treated like one? He's being treated like one of the ugly step child..

NewYorkUSCtrojan
05-26-2009, 03:23 PM
So tell me how come a first class institution like Duke accepted such a bad guy as a student:wtf: :wtf:

WTF? Danhtay Jones was a highly rated high school basketball player. That's the type of recruit Duke gets. Also, Duke has a pipe connection with that New Jersey school..

EllEffEll
05-26-2009, 03:24 PM
"Pulling the chair" is unnecessary and I don't see that being called a flagrant.

In case you don't know, I am pretty much in agreement with you. It's just difficult to know the intent of the rules when a term like "unnecessary" is not defined more specifically relative to flagrant fouls in the game of basketball. Probably leaves them room to wiggle if they feel they need it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see no action taken, but you never know.
=======================
But I will say that 'pulling the chair' is a little different in that a player is leaning in so hard that merely no longer supporting them results in them falling backward. It's their own fault for unfairly leaning back.

Mor'Fiyah
05-26-2009, 03:36 PM
In case you don't know, I am pretty much in agreement with you. It's just difficult to know the intent of the rules when a term like "unnecessary" is not defined more specifically relative to flagrant fouls in the game of basketball. Probably leaves them room to wiggle if they feel they need it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see no action taken, but you never know.
=======================
But I will say that 'pulling the chair' is a little different in that a player is leaning in so hard that merely no longer supporting them results in them falling backward. It's their own fault for unfairly leaning back.

Heard on the news it got upgraded to a flagrant 1. Again. I am pretty sure sticking your leg out and hooking another players leg so that they fall on their face to prevent them from getting to the rim is unnecessary. But I could be wrong.

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Heard on the news it got upgraded to a flagrant 1. Again. I am pretty sure sticking your leg out and hooking another players leg so that they fall on their face to prevent them from getting to the rim is unnecessary. But I could be wrong.
You're wrong. But it's cool.

Mor'Fiyah
05-26-2009, 04:17 PM
You're wrong. But it's cool.

So wrong the league looked at it and upgraded what wasnt even called as a foul to a flagrant. Good thing you didnt put any money on that huh Ms. Cleo? :lol

crisoner
05-26-2009, 04:23 PM
A no call to a flagrant....didn't know that was possiable. I thought it was a dead play because there was not a call in the first place. I'd give that sh*t a flagrant 2. There is NO room for that type of BS in the NBA straight up. Play hard...hard foul etc. but don't play dirty. That f*cker is pathetic. And you Nuggets fans should be pisst because that is just added fire for the Mamba to to rip yall a new one the next couple of games. That and JR's pathetic pre-celebration when all they did was tie the series....no class and again just gives the opposition something to seek vengeance on. Dude is an idiot.

LA_Showtime
05-26-2009, 04:24 PM
A no call to a flagrant....didn't know that was possiable. I thought it was a dead play because there was not a call in the first place. I'd give that sh*t a flagrant 2. There is NO room for that type of BS in the NBA straight up. Play hard...hard foul etc. but don't play dirty. That f*cker is pathetic. And you Nuggets fans should be pisst because that is just added fire for the Mamba to to rip yall a new one the next couple of games. That and JR's pathetic pre-celebration when all they did was tie the series....no class and again just gives the opposition something to seek vengeance on. Dude is an idiot.

most people (including denver fans) will admit the nuggets don't have their thinking caps turned on 24/7.

Laker4Lyfe
05-26-2009, 04:28 PM

Wow reading comprehension is not your strong suit is it?? :banghead::banghead:

slevin6zer0
05-26-2009, 04:30 PM
This was not worse than when Kobe cheap shotted Battier with a knee and elbow. No suspension, maybe a T or flagrant, but nothing more.

Laker4Lyfe
05-26-2009, 04:30 PM

Dude I know that the Nuggets are your team, but what Jones did was dirty and you trying to defend him speaks VOLUMES about you.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-26-2009, 04:32 PM
I dont think the League has called it a Flag 1...yet.

LA_Showtime
05-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Dude I know that the Nuggets are your team, but what Jones did was dirty and you trying to defend him speaks VOLUMES about you.

he's a decent poster but his hate for the lakers clouds his judgement.:oldlol:

crisoner
05-26-2009, 04:36 PM
This was not worse than when Kobe cheap shotted Battier with a knee and elbow. No suspension, maybe a T or flagrant, but nothing more.

:violin: :violin: :violin:

Another BS biased Kobe hater comment

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm not trying to defend him :oldlol:

Obviously it was dirty, it was intentional, it was meant to put Kobe on his ass. If Bruce Bowen did this, no one would give a ****.

It just baffles me that people don't understand that a trip is a trip despite my constant rebuttals to every thing someone says.

Whatever, I digress. Argue amongst yourselves.

cdbleb
05-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Boo f*ckin hoo :cry:

Stop acting like Kobe never gets away with anything.

YAWN
05-26-2009, 04:48 PM
**** the flagrant 1. fine this scrub if you want to get his dumbass to stop being a dirty player

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 04:49 PM
**** the flagrant 1. fine this scrub if you want to get his dumbass to stop being a dirty player
How would a fine solve anything? Once a dirty player, always a dirty player.

YAWN
05-26-2009, 04:52 PM
How would a fine solve anything? Once a dirty player, always a dirty player.

dude makes like 600k a year and is never going to get a good size contract. fine him 50k for the shove, 50k for the trip. i bet he slows his roll during the course of the following seasons.

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 04:55 PM
dude makes like 600k a year and is never going to get a good size contract. fine him 50k for the shove, 50k for the trip. i bet he slows his roll during the course of the following seasons.
He makes over 900k and he'll get it next season too. Unless you take away a HUGE chunk of that, he won't change his ways

Mrofir
05-26-2009, 04:56 PM
im a biased kobe hater but that was dirty.

it's a tough call though as i've seen other things happen in this playoffs that were just as bad with no real repercussions

i think the intent was clear, and dirty as hell. The act itself wasn't as violent or dramatic as an elbow to the face, or a robert horry hip check, etc.

If Kobe had stayed down, it would be a suspension. But that's one thing i actually do like about kobe -- he's no spur.

Go Suns!

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 04:57 PM
im a biased kobe hater but that was dirty.

it's a tough call though as i've seen other things happen in this playoffs that were just as bad with no real repercussions

i think the intent was clear, and dirty as hell. The act itself wasn't as violent or dramatic as an elbow to the face, or a robert horry hip check, etc.

If Kobe had stayed down, it would be a suspension. But that's one thing i actually do like about kobe -- he's no spur.

Go Suns!
Best irrelevant statement in the whole thread :oldlol:

MeloMike
05-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Definitely intentional, and definitely technical worthy. Despite that, I am glad Jones does what he does. After seeing so many other teams have a somewhat dirty/extremely dirty pest, I am happy to have him. Every team needs a player like this.

Not worth a suspension though.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Definitely intentional, and definitely technical worthy. Despite that, I am glad Jones does what he does. After seeing so many other teams have a somewhat dirty/extremely dirty pest, I am happy to have him. Every team needs a player like this.

Not worth a suspension though.

THAT'S actually an interesting and valid point. I certainly wouldn't mind having a player ready and willing get ugly. Lakers got no one.
I would love to have a player who lays the wood. An intimidator.
Oh, nevermind, we have Gasol... :oldlol:

Laker4Lyfe
05-26-2009, 05:13 PM
Well the League is reviewing it and if it is upgraded to a flagrant foul he will be suspended.

Denver Nuggets (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=den) guard Dahntay Jones (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2008) will be on the brink of a one-game suspension if the NBA upgrades his Game 4 trip of Kobe Bryant (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=110) to a flagrant foul.

Players who exceed three flagrant-foul points during the playoffs receive an automatic one-game ban. Jones' ledger is at two points after two earlier flagrant fouls this postseason and would rise to three should the league office reclassify Monday's trip as a Flagrant 1.

NBA spokesman Tim Frank confirmed Tuesday that the league is reviewing the play from Denver's 120-101 home victory Monday night. Although an outright suspension for the trip is thought to be unlikely, Jones could be subjected to a fine as well as well as the possible upgrade to a Flagrant 1.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4207241

D-Rose
05-26-2009, 05:18 PM
So if this is called a flagrant, he gets a suspension? Awesome.

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 05:19 PM
So if this is called a flagrant, he gets a suspension? Awesome.
He's pretty much been a non factor in every game :confusedshrug:

MeloMike
05-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Lame. But I guess rules are rules. He's nice to have around, but Denver can survive one game without him anyway.

bigkingsfan
05-26-2009, 05:21 PM
I believe you need 4 points to get a suspension, Jones would be only at 3 if this one.

It's even in the article.

Players who exceed three flagrant-foul points during the playoffs receive an automatic one-game ban.

D-Rose
05-26-2009, 05:26 PM
He's pretty much been a non factor in every game :confusedshrug:
True, but it would force JR Smith to start and Denver would be without their toughest defender who's been "beating up" Kobe a lot. There won't be as much contact when Kobe goes to the rim. Jones is a better defender than JR by far...overall though I agree it might be a non-factor.

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 05:27 PM
True, but it would force JR Smith to start and Denver would be without their toughest defender who's been "beating up" Kobe a lot. There won't be as much contact when Kobe goes to the rim. Jones is a better defender than JR by far...overall though I agree it might be a non-factor.
Jones being out would likely give Kleiza more minutes though so it might end up backfiring against LA

NewYorkUSCtrojan
05-26-2009, 05:28 PM
With Jones being suspended. Kobe and the Lakers will go wild..

Even though Jones is worthless..If an opponent tug, push, shove, trip you all game long, any player will be tired..Kobe will be free of cheap shots..

WATCH OUT!!

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-26-2009, 05:50 PM
ok, NOW it has been upgraded to a Flag 1, officially.

one more flagrant and he is suspended.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
05-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Brent Barry on PTI called Jones a dirty player..If you watch the Duke days..It goes back that far..Maybe even in high school...

Q: What did Jones do to Chris Paul?

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Brent Barry on PTI called Jones a dirty player..If you watch the Duke days..It goes back that far..Maybe even in high school...

Q: What did Jones do to Chris Paul?
Completely hounded him the whole game rendering him worthless and forcing multiple turnovers per game. As well as get in his head every game.

Quizno
05-26-2009, 06:02 PM

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Completely hounded him the whole game rendering him worthless and forcing multiple turnovers per game. As well as get in his head every game.

and yet Kobe is dropping historic numbers on him (and whoever is helping him).
interesting.

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 06:06 PM
interesting.
Chris Paul is also a whining, flopping, b*tch :confusedshrug:

NewYorkUSCtrojan
05-26-2009, 06:07 PM
interesting.

That poster is an idiot..Just leave that tool on the side..

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 06:09 PM
That poster is an idiot..Just leave that tool on the side..
Why haven't you ignored me yet if I'm such an idiot? :confusedshrug:

Kensta
05-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Not sure if this is the real Andre Iguadala's twitter but here's what he has to say.

http://twitter.com/AI9/status/1919560040

Apples
05-26-2009, 06:12 PM

"Basketball is a game where the aggressor gets the advantage," Jackson said after Denver evened the series at 2-2. "And tonight we didn't know what a foul was and what wasn't a foul. Start of the game, we got guys knocked around going to the basket, they said, 'We're going to let those things go.' By the end of the ballgame, little fouls were being called all over the place."

I accept that the Lakers got out played, but exactly what Phil said was my problem during the game. One team is just playing kamikaze and running into defenders, and the defender is getting penalized for playing defense. And then on the other end, when the other team gets banged inside, all of a sudden it's just tough basketball, and the refs don't call anything.

And I'm really tired of so many calls having to be reviewed after the game and changed in which the change becomes pretty insignificant when the flagrant foul shot can't be taken after the game is over.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
05-26-2009, 06:15 PM
And I'm really tired of so many calls having to be reviewed after the game and changed in which the change becomes pretty insignificant when the flagrant foul shot can't be taken after the game is over.

Danhtay Jones standing right in front of the refs eyes..Slide his foot over to trip Kobe..Kobe fall flat to the ground...NO CALLS! And the ball goes the other way...

THE NBA IS NOT RIGG!!! NOT AT ALL>(sarcasm)....

If that happen to LeBron James..LeBron would be at the line shooting 2 free throws and Cavs have the ball back. And that defender would be ejected and a game suspension. Cavs and LeBron needs help from the refs. Magics are a great shooting team and a better team than Cleveland.

With the Lakers. If the refs call the game fairly. LA could easily end this series in a sweep. The league needs LA to prolong the series to generate money and ratings. Best ratings in years....!

Ultimately the league wants a Kobe vs LeBron NBA Finals..

paguy1955
05-26-2009, 07:15 PM
GEE SORRY TO HURT YOU LAKER FANS FEELINGS BUT LOOKS LIKE NO SUSPENSIONS FOR JONES;

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]The league assessed Denver

InspiredLebowski
05-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Kenyon Martin was hilarious in the locker room, "Hey Tay, you made it man! You're a dirty player now! Welcome to the club!" Something like that.

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=paguy1955]GEE SORRY TO HURT YOU LAKER FANS FEELINGS BUT LOOKS LIKE NO SUSPENSIONS FOR JONES;

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]The league assessed Denver

imdaman99
05-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Personally I could care less if that guy gets suspended. He is just a mosquito that knows he can't guard Kobe so he resorts to these dirty plays. With the game on the line, its gonna be Melo or Smith on Kobe regardless. So if he's suspended or not won't affect the game play. If you're not going to do anything during the game, doing some fining or suspending now won't do anything for the Laker fans.

DuMa
05-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Kenyon Martin was hilarious in the locker room, "Hey Tay, you made it man! You're a dirty player now! Welcome to the club!" Something like that.
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

JJ81
05-26-2009, 08:26 PM
WTF

1. Phil argues about the non-call and points out the mistake of the officials.
2. NBA realise they were wrong and give Jones a flagrant after the game.
3. NBA fine Phil for pointing out their mistake.

DuMa
05-26-2009, 08:27 PM
i thought for sure djones would be suspended

w00terz
05-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Once you exceed 3 points is when you get suspended. Dahntay has to be careful now.

SourGrapes
05-26-2009, 08:45 PM

we use the word "hilarious" differently

monkeypox
05-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Dirty play, just glad no one got hurt. That's the second dangerous play this guys had done this series, wtf.

Ol Dirty Bastard
05-26-2009, 08:48 PM
i hate jones and not just for that trip.
he's a dirty ghetto player

crisoner
05-26-2009, 08:51 PM
WTF

LOL

Crazy world we live in.

OneMoreSucka
05-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Your username and avatar is basically a tribute to ODB and you hate someone because he's ghetto? :oldlol:

raptorfan_dr07
05-27-2009, 02:40 AM
The league knows, if they call the game correctly. Lakers sweep the Nuggets in 4. They need LA to go 6-7 games in every series. The Lakers are making the league huge money.

NBA is a manufactured league that create super stars, just like the WWE. They want the ultimate Kobe vs LeBron match up.

They called the game correctly in Game 4 and it resulted in a 20 point beat down. They call the game correctly and the Nuggets sweep.

And I agree with you, due to the watered down rule changes, today's stars are very much created and manufactured, none more apparent than your man crush Kobe Bryant.

raptorfan_dr07
05-27-2009, 02:44 AM

I bet you said the same thing when Kobe tried to intentionally hurt Shane Battier and Ron Artest right? Right? :banghead: The hypocrisy these guys show is hilarious. :rolleyes:

That was a dirty play by the way, but it was NOTHING different than what Kobe pulled last series.

w00terz
05-27-2009, 02:52 AM
I bet you said the same thing when Kobe tried to intentionally hurt Shane Battier and Ron Artest right? Right? :banghead: The hypocrisy these guys show is hilarious. :rolleyes:

That was a dirty play by the way, but it was NOTHING different than what Kobe pulled last series.

Kobe = dirty? NO WAY.

They should suspend Dahntay for the remainder of the playoffs for that trip. Hell, the Nuggets should have to forfeit the series to the Lakers.

monkeypox
05-27-2009, 02:54 AM

You're kidding right? You can't see the difference between two hits during a scrum vs tripping and shoving a driving player?

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
05-27-2009, 05:10 AM

Yup pushing a player from the back while high up in the air is VERY VERY dangerous. I was playing some backyard ball with some buddies and a so called friend shoved me from behind while I was up in the air. Once I felt the push I lost control of my body and fell straight on my back onto the concrete. Got the wind knocked right out and forgot if I fully blacked out or not but kind of remembered 2-3 of my buddy's carried me inside the house to lay down and get my sense back. So Fcuk the flagrant 2, let Kobe do the same back to him and lets call it even*j/k*.

paguy1955
05-27-2009, 09:02 AM
he's a dirty ghetto player

BTW How many "Dirty Ghetto Players" do you know that Coack K recruits. Your statement was a STUPID GHETTO STATEMENT from a STUPID GHETTO PERSON. How ya like that?:wtf: :wtf: :pimp: :pimp:

MaxFly
05-27-2009, 03:09 PM

For those of you who haven't picked up on it... those plays are intended to cause Bryant to lose his cool and pick up technical fouls. He's at 5... Two more and he's suspended. :confusedshrug:

MaxFly
05-27-2009, 03:12 PM

Did Jones even get a foul for his trip?

In in tonight's game, Bryant purposefully trips Carmelo, and Carmelo lands on his wrist and breaks it, should it just be a regualar foul on Bryant?

truethat23
05-27-2009, 03:15 PM
When I was watching the game, I thought Kobe just stumbled, but when I say the replay, Jones clearly stuck his foot out with the intent to trip Kobe Bryant because he can't guard the dude. I think they upgraded it today.

Geandily
05-27-2009, 03:31 PM
When I was watching the game, I thought Kobe just stumbled, but when I say the replay, Jones clearly stuck his foot out with the intent to trip Kobe Bryant because he can't guard the dude. I think they upgraded it today.

Yeah they upgraded it to a flagrant 1 today, I think it would have been a Flagrant 2 if they had deemed it purposeful but I guess they didn't.

MaxFly
05-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Yeah they upgraded it to a flagrant 1 today, I think it would have been a Flagrant 2 if they had deemed it purposeful but I guess they didn't.

The fact that they elevated it to a flagrant indicates that they deemed it purposeful. Had Bryant injured himself, it likely would have been a flagrant 2. I don't think he should be suspended for the play, and I think in this regard, the league did the right thing. I just have the sense from watching game 4 that Denver is purposefully going after Bryant to get him to pick up another technical.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-27-2009, 04:20 PM
The fact that they elevated it to a flagrant indicates that they deemed it purposeful. Had Bryant injured himself, it likely would have been a flagrant 2. I don't think he should be suspended for the play, and I think in this regard, the league did the right thing. I just have the sense from watching game 4 that Denver is purposefully going after Bryant to get him to pick up another technical.

I just cannot believe that the coach would suggest such actions...to get another tech on Kobe.
I believe that Jones is getting abused, he knows it, and is genuinely trying to disrupt Kobe any way he can.
This has happened to other defenders who get frustrated (ahem..Raja...ahem)

If you are right, then their coach should hang his head low.

BallPhunk
05-27-2009, 04:27 PM
The fact that they elevated it to a flagrant indicates that they deemed it purposeful. Had Bryant injured himself, it likely would have been a flagrant 2. I don't think he should be suspended for the play, and I think in this regard, the league did the right thing.

Did the right thing? How so? This is no punishment at all. It cost them nothing in the game, and could very well cost them nothing in the future.

I just have the sense from watching game 4 that Denver is purposefully going after Bryant to get him to pick up another technical.

BINGO

They know he won't fight back, and they're taking full advantage of it. Cause if he does, they REALLY win...

Vancouver-Grizz
05-27-2009, 04:50 PM

Are you serious???

If someone was going full force to the rim and you take him out on a trip....That would be enough a for a flagrant. Anytime you take action on a player with the intention to harm the player should be a flagrant. I haven't seen the trip but tripping a guy to the ground and shoving him to the ground is the same thing. Accidental trips are a different story.

Seriously...is that hard to understand?

TryToBeUnbias
05-27-2009, 04:58 PM
WTF

crisoner
05-27-2009, 05:05 PM
The Nuggets are gunna pay for his BS tonight wait and see.

crisoner
05-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Are you serious???

If someone was going full force to the rim and you take him out on a trip....That would be enough a for a flagrant. Anytime you take action on a player with the intention to harm the player should be a flagrant. I haven't seen the trip but tripping a guy to the ground and shoving him to the ground is the same thing. Accidental trips are a different story.

Seriously...is that hard to understand?

It's because he is a Nuggets fan. They are kind of wacked out of their minds right now with false hope.

EllEffEll
05-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Like I said before, I could see a case being made for the Flagrant 1, but let's save the Flagrant 2 for the really bad stuff. I think it's good they have some room to differentiate.

The fact that Kobe has lost his cool and collected 5 T's so far in the playoffs is nobody's fault other than Kobe's. If he hadn't collected the first ones, he wouldn't need to worry now. Sux, but that's the way it is.

shlver
05-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Heard on the news it got upgraded to a flagrant 1. Again. I am pretty sure sticking your leg out and hooking another players leg so that they fall on their face to prevent them from getting to the rim is unnecessary. But I could be wrong..You're wrong. But it's cool.
:wtf: It IS unnecessary contact, you idiot.

crisoner
05-27-2009, 07:49 PM
:wtf: It IS unnecessary contact, you idiot.

Sucker will be flying in a plane today during the game (so he says)

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n370/ccabcabin/nuggetsgoingdown.jpg

329 Services
05-22-2016, 08:38 AM
Did People miss out Dahntay Jones hitting Biyombo on the groin at the end of game 3?

kurple
05-22-2016, 08:40 AM
Did Jones even get a foul for his trip?

In in tonight's game, Bryant purposefully trips Carmelo, and Carmelo lands on his wrist and breaks it, should it just be a regualar foul on Bryant?
um, yes?