PDA

View Full Version : Birdman suspended for steroid use?

LakersLaLaLand
05-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Chris Anderson was suspended 2 years for a unknown banned substance.

Was it steroids?

We all know he was a heroin and meth-head.

Odom was suspended 5 games for marijuana at one point. So I dont think chris anderson was smoking weed.

My bad if this has been previously discussed.

Valliant13
05-27-2009, 09:54 PM
No. He was suspended for either Cocaine, Heroin, or Meth. You don't get a indefinite suspension for steroids.

LakersLaLaLand
05-27-2009, 10:15 PM
What is the penalty for Steroids?

artificial
05-27-2009, 10:17 PM
There you go:

[QUOTE]Steroids: If a player tests positive for steroids for the first time during Reasonable Cause Testing, First-Year Testing, or Veteran Testing, the player will be suspended for five games and will be required to enter the Anti-Drug Program. A second positive test for steroids will result in a ten-game suspension and the player

Geandily
05-27-2009, 10:19 PM
I think it's funny that using a drug detrimental to your performance gets you a 2 year suspension and steroids, a drug that gives you an unfair advantage, gets you a few games.

PRETTY STRANGE

LakersLaLaLand
05-27-2009, 10:29 PM
thanks.

dafunkphenom
05-28-2009, 12:10 AM
I heard through the grapevine it was from cocaine.

OneMoreSucka
05-28-2009, 12:11 AM
How do we all know he was a meth head and used heroin?

****ing Lakers fans. Stay classy!

UCLA - Lakers
05-28-2009, 12:12 AM

Damnit, now I gotta watch Anchorman:oldlol:

Eldrunko247
05-28-2009, 12:15 AM

Because it was neither weed or roids and the only drugs that warrant such a suspension fall into those categories. Why can't you just admit he used to be some type of junkie? It's only obvious.

OneMoreSucka
05-28-2009, 12:16 AM
Because it was neither weed or roids and the only drugs that warrant such a suspension fall into those categories. Why can't you just admit he used to be some type of junkie? It's only obvious.
One, it could've been cocaine. Two, who's to say it had to be a combination of two?

Again, ****ing lakers fans. Stay classy!

InspiredLebowski
05-28-2009, 12:17 AM
He was suspended for "drugs of abuse." By NBA definition, those include; amphetamines (meth, ecstasy, etc), cocaine, LSD, opiates (heroin, morphine, etc), PCP. So one or more of those.

Eldrunko247
05-28-2009, 12:19 AM
One, it could've been cocaine. Two, who's to say it had to be a combination of two?

You're right..It was only one major narcotic. :rolleyes:

Quizno
05-28-2009, 12:20 AM

because when he mugged be in a dark alley he had needles sticking out of his neck

Kensta
05-28-2009, 12:21 AM
They said he was either on Heroin, Meth, and Coke on that interview they had about him the other game.

rawimpact
05-28-2009, 12:21 AM

Yeah we're unclassy because we are assuming the type of drug he most likely was on. But Chris isn't unclassy at all, he can stuff his gums with cocaine and he will still be classy right?

Hope off the birds dick, dude was an addict (doesnt matter what), and has been over-glorified throughout the series.

Eldrunko247
05-28-2009, 12:26 AM
so who are you to judge you ****ing waste of atoms
I could care less if Birdman sticks a needle in his arm or in his ass. I just like fking with Nugglet fans you fking waste of internet bandwidth.

Eldrunko247
05-28-2009, 12:57 AM
ok so you just like to solidify your title as worthless post of the year on ish who takes it from men every day i guess...
"so who are you to judge you ****ing waste of atoms"

Showtime
05-28-2009, 12:58 AM
I know nothing about it, was he actually a druggy? Everyone does some blow now and then, I understand booting him from the league because you CAN'T have that, and in basketball especially. Guy probably just liked to party and tripped over a test or two
He was an addict. It was affecting his game because he would come to practices late and high or miss them totally, and disappeared for a while. He was an alcoholic and drug addict who was falling apart and he needed serious treatment, which he received.

Lamar Doom
05-28-2009, 01:07 AM
They said he was either on Heroin, Meth, and Coke on that interview they had about him the other game.

they were just giving examples of amphetamines on the list he tested positive for. probably coke or x, I realize he wasn't a max contract player but I doubt he was getting meth or crack (not to say rich people don't dabble in either, just seems likely he'd get the more designer "safer" drug). I can't imagine he was shooting up, so if it was heroin he was smoking it. Who knows. I'm curious but it doesn't really matter, I have no beef with him for getting high, I've done drugs, I get it, he f*cked up and got caught in a situation (NBA contract) that makes it a really bad f*ck up, but he's seemingly a decent man and his game is AWESOME.

Chalkmaze
05-28-2009, 01:09 AM
Everyone does some blow now and then

:roll:

Maybe in your world (friends, family, neighbor's, yourself), but not in mine.

Showtime
05-28-2009, 01:25 AM
:roll:

Maybe in your world (friends, family, neighbor's, yourself), but not in mine.
Yeah I almost commented on that. There's something wrong if he thinks doing blow is normal.

raptorfan_dr07
05-28-2009, 01:51 AM
Anyone remember the dunk contest when he couldn't connect on anything? I thought I read somewhere that he was on something that night? :confusedshrug:

DCL
05-28-2009, 02:14 AM
most guys who get a 2-year ban would not get a second chance in the nba. once they throw you out there for that long, that's pretty much a life sentence.

LakersLaLaLand
05-28-2009, 02:38 AM

Mr Sucka Fool,

During Halftime of Game 4. While interviewing Chris Anderson the reporter clearly states his past digressions. Including Heroin and Methamphetamine.

Your Laker-hate clouds your feeble mind.

Stay Classy Sucka-Fool. :applause:

LoPro4u2c
05-28-2009, 02:56 AM
So that explains why he has all those tattoos right?

Toizumi
05-28-2009, 03:38 AM
So that explains why he has all those tattoos right?

No it doesnt? :confusedshrug:

from some webiste:

The drugs on that list are amphetamine and its analogs, which include methamphetamine; cocaine; LSD; opiates, including heroin, codeine and morphine; and PCP

it was one of the above.. there was never a statement released regarding which drug it was. rumor was that he sniffed coke.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
05-28-2009, 03:44 AM

John Cena taught them thuggets thugginomatry son. "You Can't See Me"

RobertSwift31
05-28-2009, 03:51 AM
Mr Sucka Fool,

During Halftime of Game 4. While interviewing Chris Anderson the reporter clearly states his past digressions. Including Heroin and Methamphetamine.

Your Laker-hate clouds your feeble mind.

Stay Classy Sucka-Fool. :applause:

Wrong. He will not say what drug(s) he did. The reporter listed the drugs that were included on the list of drugs which warrant a 2 year suspension, Meth and Heroin included.

My bet is he did Coke. Couldn't see a dude in the NBA doing meth consistently. Same with Heroin. The scary part about him doing coke is that Cocaine only stays in your system for 3 days, so he must have done blow a lot to get caught on a random test (That is assuming he did coke).

And IMO this is not a "Lakers Fans Issue". Birdman clearly was on some heavy drugs. It's not like people are falsely accusing him just because they don't like him (I.E. refs fixing games...). He did drugs and it's a fact.

And to whoever said his game is over glorified - Very false statement. Dude is playing out of his mind this series and has been whenever I watch him. Any team could use a guy like him off of the bench.

monkeypox
05-28-2009, 03:57 AM
I think it's funny that using a drug detrimental to your performance gets you a 2 year suspension and steroids, a drug that gives you an unfair advantage, gets you a few games.

PRETTY STRANGE

The drug suspension isn't for the good of the game as much as the good of the player. Steroids and other performance enhancers are perfectly safe under proper supervision, but it's banned for the integrity of the game. There's really no safe amount of cocain or heroine. Not only that but a drug addict is more likely to do stuff like throw games for money or lose their mind and start punching people. How soon before the birdman is blowing homeless guys in an ally before the game just to get a bump of coke? Sounds far fetched, but higher people have fallen farther.

You know it really is shocking how different things can be depending on what social circle you're in. One circle I'm in, we had a bachelor party by singing songs on a beach around a bonfire. Another one had strippers in vegas and that was considered super crazy. Yet another had half the people doing blow and H and going to town on hookers. The scary thing is that the people in these groups seem pretty similar in regular life.

monkeypox
05-28-2009, 04:01 AM
Wrong. He will not say what drug(s) he did. The reporter listed the drugs that were included on the list of drugs which warrant a 2 year suspension, Meth and Heroin included.

My bet is he did Coke. Couldn't see a dude in the NBA doing meth consistently. Same with Heroin. The scary part about him doing coke is that Cocaine only stays in your system for 3 days, so he must have done blow a lot to get caught on a random test (That is assuming he did coke).

And IMO this is not a "Lakers Fans Issue". Birdman clearly was on some heavy drugs. It's not like people are falsely accusing him just because they don't like him (I.E. refs fixing games...). He did drugs and it's a fact.

And to whoever said his game is over glorified - Very false statement. Dude is playing out of his mind this series and has been whenever I watch him. Any team could use a guy like him off of the bench.

Anyone know if there's a zero tolerance policy with the hard drugs? With weed I've heard you get several private busts before it becomes public and suspensions start rolling in.

LJJ
05-28-2009, 04:12 AM
Steroids and other performance enhancers are perfectly safe under proper supervision, but it's banned for the integrity of the game. There's really no safe amount of cocain or heroine. That is factually completely false.

monkeypox
05-28-2009, 05:03 AM
That is factually completely false.

Under a doctors supervision, people use steroids all the time for therapeutic reasons. Stuff like HGH is pretty safe to use as well in moderation. You can use steroids to heal faster or get your wind back. It's not all about getting ripped.

lukeridnour08
05-28-2009, 05:23 AM

If you know what you are doing or are under complete supervision of someone that does/a doctor steroids are very safe.

Obviously if a profesional athlete were to take steroids he would have the best trainers and people supervising him and such.

quasimoto
05-28-2009, 05:35 AM
If you know what you are doing or are under complete supervision of someone that does/a doctor steroids are very safe.

Obviously if a profesional athlete were to take steroids he would have the best trainers and people supervising him and such.
Uhh, I sincerely doubt that since steroids are still illegal. The best doctors and trainers wouldn't even think about putting their careers on the line like that. Doctors who help athletes with doping themselves are usually people who care more about their pockets than the athletes' health. There are cases known of athletes who nearly died after taking an illegal substance, even under supervision from a doctor.

Kebab Stall
05-28-2009, 06:00 AM
Not entirely. Steroids are used in medicine a fair amount.

Here's a list from wikipedia on the uses of Anabolic Steroids in medicine,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabolic_steroid#Medical_and_ergogenic_uses

A training athlete, especially an Olympic athlete (I say Olympic athlete, because it's the best example of where PEDs are completely banned, even extreme levels of caffine and stuff raise suspicion) will stay away from steroids, whether they had proper supervision or not. They'd most likely use HGH, which is much harder to detect than steroids.

lukeridnour08
05-28-2009, 06:12 AM
Uhh, I sincerely doubt that since steroids are still illegal. The best doctors and trainers wouldn't even think about putting their careers on the line like that. Doctors who help athletes with doping themselves are usually people who care more about their pockets than the athletes' health. There are cases known of athletes who nearly died after taking an illegal substance, even under supervision from a doctor.

There illegal because when people don't know how to use them they are very dangerous. Same thing as abusing them as well.

Care to bring up any links of real athletes (not bodybuilders) who nearly died from a PED?

There has been over like 400 baseball players convicted of steroid use.
Imagine how many that havnt.
I havn't heard of one case where someone nearly died from them.

There is usally one football death each year related to a PED, (weightloss supplements actually) but those athletes are in horrible health anyways.

As far as you saying the best doctors and trainers wouldnt put their careers on the line? Your probably right.
But there is hundreds of lab rats who are well known throughout the athletic fitness biz that are willing to put thier careers/lives on the line to work with the best athletes in the world and get a good chunk of change.
Just look at the people at BALCO.

Why don't you not talk abot stuff you nothing about huh?

indiefan23
05-28-2009, 06:31 AM
Chris Anderson was suspended 2 years for a unknown banned substance.

Was it steroids?

We all know he was a heroin and meth-head.

Odom was suspended 5 games for marijuana at one point. So I dont think chris anderson was smoking weed.

My bad if this has been previously discussed.

I'm pretty sure Birdman just popped some exstacy/MDMA one night at a rave and got caught. Its no biggie.

niko
05-28-2009, 09:07 AM
I'm pretty sure Birdman just popped some exstacy/MDMA one night at a rave and got caught. Its no biggie.

From hearing him talk, it didn't sound like he used once and got caught, it sounded more like it was part of his lifestyle and he got caught.

John Smith
05-28-2009, 09:37 AM
It was cocaine. I don't know why people don't know this to this day. I guess if you didn't like the Birdman before his suspension, you know back when he was in the dunk contest, then you're a bandwagoner pretty much and don't know much about him.

They call him the Birdman because he used to push keys of coke. And he sure as hell tested out his product...a lot!

sonofthehill
05-28-2009, 09:39 AM

As long as he using drug he is a junkie ok? end of story and can u stop swearing? It just show how classless u r as a nuggest fan

John Smith
05-28-2009, 09:41 AM
They also call him the birdman because he flies in any weather. :pimp:

Valliant13
05-28-2009, 09:48 AM

PRETTY STRANGE

Coke essentially wiped out a generation of NBA players. Look up Len Bias if you want to understand the leagues rational.

Manute for Ever!
05-28-2009, 10:02 AM
Coke essentially wiped out a generation of NBA players. Look up Len Bias if you want to understand the leagues rational.

Check out David Thompson while you're there (and yes, I know about Bias) ...

ChiTownBulls
05-28-2009, 10:03 AM
He used cocaine, heroin, or meth, not steroids.

DanielC
05-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Why would a NBA player take steroids anyways. Steroids don't help at all in the NBA. What type of ignorant person would think that he took the roids when he clearly is a coke addict.

ChiTownBulls
05-28-2009, 10:06 AM
Why would a NBA player take steroids anyways. Steroids don't help at all in the NBA. What type of ignorant person would think that he took the roids when he clearly is a coke addict.

I beg to differ they would help you beef up, and get you stronger which is always an advantage, especially if your a post player.

Manute for Ever!
05-28-2009, 10:13 AM
I beg to differ they would help you beef up, and get you stronger which is always an advantage, especially if your a post player.

But you would lose mobility and probably be rendered a lot slower.

Interminator
05-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Basketball is a finesse sport rather than stength sport.

Whats the use of being a bulked up PG if you cant shoot, are slow, and cant make it up and down the court the entire game.

Interminator
05-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Check out David Thompson while you're there (and yes, I know about Bias) ...

Check Michael Ray Richardson also.

Manute for Ever!
05-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Check Michael Ray Richardson also.

Too true :cheers:

Chalkmaze
05-28-2009, 10:19 AM

Slower? This guy broke the world record in the 100 meter dash.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/1988/1003_large.jpg

ChiTownBulls
05-28-2009, 10:33 AM

Whats the use of being a bulked up PG if you cant shoot, are slow, and cant make it up and down the court the entire game.

hmm reminds me of some guys named Shaquille O'neil except shaq is a center not a point guard and like i said it would help a post player a lot more then a guard.

The Kobe Show
05-28-2009, 10:33 AM

good point. it makes you faster doesn't necessarily bulk you up so to speak but makes u really strong.

Valliant13
05-28-2009, 10:44 AM

Injury recovery. Though steroids is blanket term, with a lot of different substances under it. I doubt too many anabolics are used (do to the accompanying joint and tendon deterioration) but I wouldn't be shocked if something like HGH was used in moderation to help with a frayed rotator cuff or some such.

Interminator
05-28-2009, 10:50 AM

Of course if only every NBA player weighed 165 lbs like Ben Johnson, and could maintain sprinter speed while dribbling a basketball on a woden floor.:rolleyes:

Interminator
05-28-2009, 10:52 AM
hmm reminds me of some guys named Shaquille O'neil except shaq is a center not a point guard and like i said it would help a post player a lot more then a guard.
Except Shaq is a unique talent, with post moves, footwork, etc.

Give Josh Moore(7'2 330) all of the fancy steroids he wants and he will still suck monkey balls as a basketball player, he'll just look like a professional wrestler while he does it.

LJJ
05-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Not entirely. Steroids are used in medicine a fair amount.

Here's a list from wikipedia on the uses of Anabolic Steroids in medicine,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabolic_steroid#Medical_and_ergogenic_uses

A training athlete, especially an Olympic athlete (I say Olympic athlete, because it's the best example of where PEDs are completely banned, even extreme levels of caffine and stuff raise suspicion) will stay away from steroids, whether they had proper supervision or not. They'd most likely use HGH, which is much harder to detect than steroids.

The OP made it sound like using use steroids in a regular controlled environment under the supervision of professionals is "perfectly safe", but taking even the smallest amount of coke isn't. .

All three of these drugs don't really cause any harm when taking appropriate amounts, and will cause serious damage when taken excessively. But don't kid yourself saying steroids are perfectly fine and cocaine is some kind of demon seeds that **** you up, they are both in the same ball park.

Norcaliblunt
05-28-2009, 12:37 PM
The fact he won't say what it is, proves it was Meth. Bottom line.

Diesel J
05-28-2009, 12:42 PM
They call him the Birdman because he used to push keys of coke. And he sure as hell tested out his product...a lot!

:oldlol:

Lamar Doom
05-28-2009, 01:26 PM
this is a really funny thread dominated by people who know nothing about drugs. I'm guessing most of the posters are young and I'm not trying to crap on people, but it's hilarious.

Bodin
05-28-2009, 01:32 PM
This guy is a true inspiration. He has fought a tough battle back from a heavy addiction and made something of himself. Birdman is quickly becoming one of my favorite players in the NBA.

boozehound
05-28-2009, 01:40 PM
The fact he won't say what it is, proves it was Meth. Bottom line.
no it doesnt. I think it was a methamphetamine related drug, MDMA (ecstasy). MDMA stays detectable a little longer (like a week as opposed to 3-5 days). Maybe it was LSD (about 10 days detection in urine). Funny that all the hard drugs have very short retention times (coke like 2 days, heroin like 5) while weed has close to a month long retention (due to its solubility in fats)

as for people arguing that steroids are safer because they are prescribed at times, pharmaceutical grade cocaine was available through prescription into the 70s for dental work and other situations.

I said this at the time and Ill say it again, it makes no sense that the penalty for performance enhancing drugs is at most 90 days while recreational drugs have a minimum suspension of 2 years.

Lamar Doom
05-28-2009, 01:40 PM
He has fought a tough battle back from a heavy addiction .

has he OR anyone (WHO KNOWS, not posters here) every said he was an addict? I feel like this entire thread is dedicated to misperceptions about drug use.

boozehound
05-28-2009, 01:43 PM
has he OR anyone (WHO KNOWS, not posters here) every said he was an addict? I feel like this entire thread is dedicated to misperceptions about drug use.
just like when he was suspended. a bunch of people talking out of their asses. I highly doubt he had a hardcore addiction to anything while being a pro baller. by that, I mean wakes up needing to get high (on whatever it was) everyday before he can function. Using E a couple times a month isnt a heavy addiction. it is bad for you though

Kebab Stall
05-28-2009, 01:48 PM

You do know that steroids do not make you faster right?

Infact, here's a better question, does anyone in this thread even know how steroids work? Because if you think they make you stronger or faster, you don't.

Steroids allow you to work harder and longer when you are in the gym or working out. They also speed up recovery time which allows you to work out or exercise harder and longer.

The lack of knowledge of steroids (or any performance enhancer for that matter) on all of ISH, is quite mind blowing.

Bodin
05-28-2009, 01:54 PM

How nieve are you people? You think he only did it 1 or 2 times? Honestly?

There are a lot of people that can go about their daily business when addicted to drugs or alcohol. I could make a list a mile long... first one that pops in my head is Ray Charles... And I've seen a number of family and friends get caught up in this ****. They still go to work, do their job, take care of their kids etc...

I don't think the league would've suspended him for 2 years if he only did it once. Like someone mentioned in this thread, there are multiple drug tests that go on behind closed doors and I am sure they get a chance to clean themselves up before it goes public.

boozehound
05-28-2009, 01:55 PM

There are a lot of people that can go about their daily business when addicted to drugs or alcohol. I could make a list a mile long... first one that pops in my head is Ray Charles... And I've seen a number of family and friends get caught up in this ****. They still go to work, do their job, take care of their kids etc...

I don't think the league would've suspended him for 2 years if he only did it once. Like someone mentioned in this thread, there are multiple drug tests that go on behind closed doors and I am sure they get a chance to clean themselves up before it goes public.
you need to read up on the nba drug policy (outside of weed) before you make ignorant statements. also, spelling counts in this forum.

Bodin
05-28-2009, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE=Kebab Stall]
Steroids allow you to work harder and longer when you are in the gym or working out. They also speed up recovery time which allows you to work out or exercise harder and longer.[QUOTE]

This is true, but it does essentially give you an end result of being faster and stronger than the competition. I think that's what people are getting at.

Lamar Doom
05-28-2009, 02:02 PM

there are people who go about their lives and occasionally do drugs too, it doesn't make them an addict. i'm sure it wasn't his first time doing whatever drug it was but it's NAIVE to presume to know anything about a situation that has clearly been mostly kept being closed doors. I believe there is a no tolerance policy in regards to amphetamine screening so he did not get caught and get multiple chances to pass.

Kebab Stall
05-28-2009, 02:03 PM
every time theres some big guy in the gym or on tv, my friends say hes on steroids. i laugh at them and show my superior posture.

really though... not many people know wtf theyre saying. ish is just another example of society at its best.
Yeah, it's hilarious seeing people accuse others who have the slightest bit of muscle, being on steroids.

This is true, but it does essentially give you an end result of being faster and stronger than the competition. I think that's what people are getting at.
But they don't actually make you stronger or faster by just taking them, they just allow you to get there. Kind of like speeding up the process.

Bodin
05-28-2009, 02:07 PM
you need to read up on the nba drug policy (outside of weed) before you make ignorant statements. also, spelling counts in this forum.

Great post! You've really made a significant contribution to these forums. Really dude, get off your high horse.

And punctuation counts in this forum... lol dumbass.

Bodin
05-28-2009, 02:12 PM
But they don't actually make you stronger or faster by just taking them, they just allow you to get there. Kind of like speeding up the process.

Exactly... Genetics will only take you so far though. In a way, taking steroids allows one to surpass their "genetic barrier"... I guess that's an easier way to explain it. Bonds/Maguire/Sosa would've never dreamed of hitting that many home runs without performance enhancing drugs.

boozehound
05-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Great post! You've really made a significant contribution to these forums. Really dude, get off your high horse.

And punctuation counts in this forum... lol dumbass.
you are spewing a bunch of **** about him having multiple opportunities to pass tests. You clearly have no idea about the nba's drug policy, yet you feel the need to share your ignorant opinion with the forum. How about you inform yourself about a situation before you share your view on it?

No one every suggested he was a first time user. Rather, he was a recreational user (read- not an addict) who got busted.

niko
05-28-2009, 02:19 PM
you are spewing a bunch of **** about him having multiple opportunities to pass tests. You clearly have no idea about the nba's drug policy, yet you feel the need to share your ignorant opinion with the forum. How about you inform yourself about a situation before you share your view on it?

No one every suggested he was a first time user. Rather, he was a recreational user (read- not an addict) who got busted.

when he came back he did a long interview with ESPN and he kind of sounded like he was inferring he used too much and that he wasn't completely in control. He never said IM AN ADDICT but he did imply it.

Bodin
05-28-2009, 02:22 PM
there are people who go about their lives and occasionally do drugs too, it doesn't make them an addict. i'm sure it wasn't his first time doing whatever drug it was but it's NAIVE to presume to know anything about a situation that has clearly been mostly kept being closed doors. I believe there is a no tolerance policy in regards to amphetamine screening so he did not get caught and get multiple chances to pass.

That is true. And thanks for pointing out my spelling mistake. I have learned something today and will forever charish the knowledge that has been passed on to me :)

I never pretended to know anything about Chris's situation. I am just going by my personal experiences of alcohol and drug addiction.

The reason I said addict was because he won't talk about it. A lot of addicts try to hide their addiction from the world. And I realize he would've had a tough time hiding all this with the random drug tests, but he could've gone an entire off season doing drugs before the NBA found out, correct?

The whole point of my original post was to state that it isn't likely he only did the drug 1 or 2 times.

Bodin
05-28-2009, 02:27 PM
when he came back he did a long interview with ESPN and he kind of sounded like he was inferring he used too much and that he wasn't completely in control. He never said IM AN ADDICT but he did imply it.

This is what I thought as well. Which is why I wanted to acknowledge his recovery and the way he turned his life around. I know damn well it isn't an easy thing to do. He should be an inspiration to everyone, whether he was a heavy or recreational user, that you can turn your life around and get a second chance.

Bodin
05-28-2009, 02:39 PM

If I was wrong, fine, I can accept it. But why would you attack my opinion the way you did? Is this how you conduct yourself in every day life? I truely feel sorry for your family.

I can't imagine 10000 posts where you share your thoughts by belittling everyone that has made an error. Grow up.

niko
05-28-2009, 02:53 PM
This is what I thought as well. Which is why I wanted to acknowledge his recovery and the way he turned his life around. I know damn well it isn't an easy thing to do. He should be an inspiration to everyone, whether he was a heavy or recreational user, that you can turn your life around and get a second chance.

that's exactly how he spoke. He spoke about his life like it was spiraling out of control. it really didn't sound like occasionaly drug use, it sounded like he was using too much, got caught, and the time off allowed him to totally clean that up as well as the other issues in his life.

Lebron23Jordan
05-28-2009, 02:54 PM
im a laker fan But chris anderson is a G tho, 4 real... that fools hardcore blocking shots rebounding , hes like the poor mans white dennis rodman

Bodin
05-28-2009, 03:06 PM
im a laker fan But chris anderson is a G tho, 4 real... that fools hardcore blocking shots rebounding , hes like the poor mans white dennis rodman

This is exactly what I love about the guy... he's a pest on the court. I can't ever remember Rodman being this good at blocking shots though. I'd say he's just a white mans Dennis Rodman (not a poor white man) :)

boozehound
05-28-2009, 03:17 PM
this may be the case, but that interview is colored as much by his desire to get reinstated and show he has learned his lesson as it is by reality. Besides, too much is very vague and doesnt mean he was a hardcore addict (like I described earlier). I know people who smoked like 5 joints total in their lives who act like they had a major, out of control drug problem they had to curb. To each their own I guess.

boozehound
05-28-2009, 03:19 PM
If I was wrong, fine, I can accept it. But why would you attack my opinion the way you did? Is this how you conduct yourself in every day life? I truely feel sorry for your family.

I can't imagine 10000 posts where you share your thoughts by belittling everyone that has made an error. Grow up.
Look, you came in here calling people naive for supporting a position that no one else in this thread has even suggested (he did it once and got caught). You then proceeded to show woeful ignorance of even the basics of the nba substance abuse policy. I called you out for it and that is it. Sorry if you got your feelings caught, I TRULY CHERISH your participation on the board.

MeloMike
05-28-2009, 05:02 PM
The guy's a toothpick, does it really look like he uses steroids?

FinishHim!
05-28-2009, 05:19 PM
And you're like a poor man's white Muhammad Ali. Minus the boxing ability and the charisma.. Well basically you have a mouth and nothing else. :oldlol:

JJ81
05-28-2009, 05:53 PM
crack

DanielC
05-28-2009, 05:55 PM
crack
No doubt he was on crack

w00terz
05-28-2009, 06:11 PM
He was probably doing meth or coke, or a combination of the two.

bdreason
05-28-2009, 06:12 PM
There are a lot of stupid things being said in this thread, but I'll just touch on one or two.

Cocaine isn't some terrible drug. Like any other substance, if you get addicted to it, and abuse it, it becomes a problem.

I used Cocaine from time to time in College to keep the party going. It had ZERO negative impact on my life. Now, I'm not saying people should do Cocaine, but I laugh when people compare it to Meth, Heroine, LCD, or PCP because it's obvious they have no clue about drugs.

Alcohol and Cigarettes are more dangerous than Cocaine, and more addictive.

Also, Steroids can be just as dangerous if used in excess (just like any other drug). There have been many reported cases of suicides and murders related to progressive Steroid abuse. Just a couple years back a WWE Wrestler Chris Benoit (sp?) murdered his family and himself. His psychological breakdown was attributed to years of Steroids abuse.

bdreason
05-28-2009, 06:13 PM
crack

People with money don't do Crack.

w00terz
05-28-2009, 06:16 PM
There are a lot of stupid things being said in this thread, but I'll just touch on one or two.

Cocaine isn't some terrible drug. Like any other substance, if you get addicted to it, and abuse it, it becomes a problem.

I used Cocaine from time to time in College to keep the party going. It had ZERO negative impact on my life. Now, I'm not saying people should do Cocaine, but I laugh when people compare it to Meth, Heroine, LCD, or PCP because it's obvious they have no clue about drugs.

Also, Steroids can be just as dangerous if used in excess (just like any other drug). There have been many reported cases of suicides and murders related to progressive Steroid abuse. Just a couple years back a WWE Wrestler Chris Benoit (sp?) murdered his family and himself. His psychological breakdown was attributed to years of Steroids abuse.

LCD is a hell of a drug.

Big Al All day
05-28-2009, 08:46 PM
ok so you just like to solidify your title as worthless post of the year on ish who takes it from men every day i guess...

God your a f*cking clown, does anybody actually like this fat ass?

LakersLaLaLand
05-28-2009, 08:54 PM
LCD is a hell of a drug.

The visuals are awesome. The blacks come out sooo much clearer. :oldlol:

I started this thread hoping for some clarification to Chris Anderson's drug abuse. Hoping we would be blessed with insider info. Still hoping?

The time frame for steroid suspension was new to me.

If I was wrong about the reporters claims. Then my bad.

For those of you making legit contributions thanks.

For the others... You are your own problem.

Chalkmaze
05-29-2009, 02:12 AM
Of course if only every NBA player weighed 165 lbs like Ben Johnson, and could maintain sprinter speed while dribbling a basketball on a woden floor.:rolleyes: What's that have to do with anything? Did I say it would?

You do know that steroids do not make you faster right?

Infact, here's a better question, does anyone in this thread even know how steroids work? Because if you think they make you stronger or faster, you don't.

Steroids allow you to work harder and longer when you are in the gym or working out. They also speed up recovery time which allows you to work out or exercise harder and longer.

The lack of knowledge of steroids (or any performance enhancer for that matter) on all of ISH, is quite mind blowing.

JESUS CHRIST! You guys need to read what I originally quoted and responded to, before you comment.

Let me hold your hand and let's go on a walk here.

Manute for Ever said.

To which I responded with

From there you should have been able to figure out my point without insinuating I am another person who has no knowledge of steroids (which is indeed a catch all phrase, since there are 100's of different forms which loosely fall under this description). I am well aware of the real effects, benefits, and harms that steroids (again, it's a broad term) are capable of. The stupid part is to act like it can't help athletic performance. I never claimed it was the magic pill that did all the work for you, but steroids can give an unfair advantage that if capatalized on, which will very likely equal faster speed and strength. Did you think Ben took them just for kicks and do you think guys like Ronnie Coleman http://graysmatter.codivation.com/content/binary/Ronniecoleman.jpg could get that way by any other means but steroids? Call it recorvery time, or ability to do extra hard work, or whatever you want to call it, but steroids is doing something that can take users beyond anything they could do naturally.

Yeah, Joe from down the street isn't going to start doing steroids and go break world records and develop amazing coordination and skill, but it certainly helps a top athlete's chances.

Bless Mathews
05-29-2009, 03:22 AM

PRETTY STRANGE

excatly. Retarded,

asu77golf
05-29-2009, 03:38 AM
Yeah I almost commented on that. There's something wrong if he thinks doing blow is normal.

Dude, you and I both know that **** is EVERYWHERE. And if it's just me who knows that and not you then you either need to get out more or open your eyes. :eek:

JohnRuck
05-29-2009, 04:06 AM

it was in the newspaper about 3 yrs ago in new orleans. he is either a meth head coke head or heroin junkie, or all of the above. He could relapse anyday and become an addict again, too much of a negative image for the nba if it happens again.

plus hes not that good

JohnRuck
05-29-2009, 04:09 AM

i can tell cocaine has had a negative impact on your life. anyone who says alcohol and cigerettes are more addicting than cocaine is obviously a coke head which u have stated.

i swear they have some idiots here

JohnRuck
05-29-2009, 04:11 AM

so your also saying lsd is a more dangerous drug than cocaine?
YOU, sir, are an idiot and have no idea what you are talking about, so get the f!ck out.

drewdizzle
05-29-2009, 04:25 AM
Wow lots of either misinformed and clueless people on this board when it comes to steroid use in sports..

For those of you who don't believe that steroids impact speed in any way and only affect size are flat out wrong. First and foremost, most steroids that the common athletes use, affect all aspects of performance; whether that be size, strength, speed, recovery rate, central nervous system efficiency, etc.

Different compounds affect those aspects differently. A quick example would be compound A; dianabol would be a great builder for mass or size, while compound B; anadrol would be used mostly for strength... Do you see what I'm getting at? Different compounds are used for different roles or functions... However they all affect performance in some way.

Those who believe the common misconception that "steroid usage = a huge muscular physique" are being ignorant. Guess what? Steroids affect performance, however without a 2nd variable added (a surplus in caloric intake) muscle mass is impossible to add. It is physiologically impossible to gain weight and more importantly, muscle mass without exceeding the maintenance calories required to function Therefore an athlete can control whether they put on muscle mass just by controlling their diets. Does this make sense? Although a person may 'look' or 'appear' small, does not mean they aren't on any form of AAS.

For those of you who are living on a fantasy island disbelieving that steroids aren't prevalent in the NBA. Get real. They're in every major sport at the elite level. I can gaurentee that 95% of all NBA players you see on the court are/have been on some form of AAS (steroid), they are multi-million dollar investments all competing for the top spot. Day in and day out they are forced to play at the highest level. Wake up and smell the roses people!

PimpinZaZa
05-29-2009, 06:53 AM
so your also saying lsd is a more dangerous drug than cocaine?
YOU, sir, are an idiot and have no idea what you are talking about, so get the f!ck out.

So true, I heard only recently that it is actually impossible to overdose on LSD, no matter how much you take. Apparently if you drop a whole lot of acid you just get stuck in the "trip" so to speak and this is what sends people crazy.

I personally think that Tobacco and alcohol are much more addictive than something like Coke or X, I'd almost guarantee that there is just as many illegal drugs circulating the world as these two, and if you look at the death statistics it's unbelievable.

:party:
Just a side note to all you clowns out there abusing and arguing with each other over petty sh*t like Spelling and Punctuation, y'all need to get out of the house more, maybe try gettin laid once in a while cos i'm feelin a lot of sexual frustration shinin through. And no, sleping wif my mum dusn't cownt.:party:

boozehound
05-29-2009, 08:09 AM
i can tell cocaine has had a negative impact on your life. anyone who says alcohol and cigerettes are more addicting than cocaine is obviously a coke head which u have stated.

i swear they have some idiots here
nicotine is more addictive than heroin and cocaine. Its a medical fact.

boozehound
05-29-2009, 08:11 AM
Just a side note to all you clowns out there abusing and arguing with each other over petty sh*t like Spelling and Punctuation, y'all need to get out of the house more, maybe try gettin laid once in a while cos i'm feelin a lot of sexual frustration shinin through. And no, sleping wif my mum dusn't cownt.:party:
you may think spelling is petty. I think its the foundation of written communication. besides we were actually arguing about his lack of understanding of the nba substance abuse policy.

PimpinZaZa
05-29-2009, 08:30 AM
you may think spelling is petty. I think its the foundation of written communication. besides we were actually arguing about his lack of understanding of the nba substance abuse policy.

You're right, spelling is the foundation of written communication, just find it amusing that the way you chose to use the english language in those posts was, let's say, a far from an intelligently written argument. Hence my observation. But i got no beef.

Valliant13
05-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Those who believe the common misconception that "steroid usage = a huge muscular physique" are being ignorant. Guess what? Steroids affect performance, however without a 2nd variable added (a surplus in caloric intake) muscle mass is impossible to add. It is physiologically impossible to gain weight and more importantly, muscle mass without exceeding the maintenance calories required to function Therefore an athlete can control whether they put on muscle mass just by controlling their diets. Does this make sense? Although a person may 'look' or 'appear' small, does not mean they aren't on any form of AAS.

Thank you. Steroids don't magically circumvent the laws of thermodynamics. Some (clenbuterol) will even make you lose weight by vastly accelerating your metabolic rate.

boozehound
05-29-2009, 10:24 AM
You're right, spelling is the foundation of written communication, just find it amusing that the way you chose to use the english language in those posts was, let's say, a far from an intelligently written argument. Hence my observation. But i got no beef.
:rolleyes: really? grammar helps as well.

la bomba
05-29-2009, 10:45 AM
the steroid abuse in american sports is ridiculous and its no suprise with those leniant suspensions! 5 games? ooh 10 games the second time?? wow and a massive 25 games the third!! Cyclists get 2 years! athletes get 2 years! footballers(proper football) get a year etc etc etc.You just have to look at some of the NBA players ,its so obvious they are on roids!

Norcaliblunt
05-29-2009, 12:53 PM
The dude was a tweaker. It's totally obvious. Just look at the guy. If he was using coke he would admit to it just to make his name not be associated with drugs like Meth or crack. Nobody ever likes to admit they done Meth. It's just a bad look.