PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James = 1st player in playoff history 38.5ppg 8.3reb 8ast will Kobe match it?

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 09:05 AM
LeBron James = 1st player in playoff history 38.5ppg 8.3reb 8ast for an entire series, do you people really think Kobe will match that against the exact same team? I say hell no.

lakers_forever
06-05-2009, 09:10 AM
LeBron James = 1st player in playoff history 38.5ppg 8.3reb 8ast for an entire series, do you people really think Kobe will match that against the exact same team? I say hell no.

You do realize that the finals are much tougher than WCF or ECF, right?

Lebron did not have one single great game in the 07 finals.

KenneBell
06-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Who cares?

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 09:12 AM

They are playing the EXACT SAME TEAM! Considering the way the Magic shot the ball in game 1 I'd say you lack perspective. You are gonna tell me the Orlando Magic played better in game 1 of the NBA finals as compared to game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals? Are you serious? Anyways, no need to prove the obvious. I'm just stating my opinion. No way will Kobe match that type of individual performance against the exact same team.

Interminator
06-05-2009, 09:13 AM
This message is hidden because bruceblitz is on your ignore list.

I can only imagine some more anti-Kobe propaganda from this gimmick poster.

lakers_forever
06-05-2009, 09:14 AM
They are playing the EXACT SAME TEAM! Considering the way the Magic shot the ball in game 1 I'd say you lack perspective. You are gonna tell me the Orlando Magic played better in game 1 of the NBA finals as compared to game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals? Are you serious? Anyways, no need to prove the obvious. I'm just stating my opinion. No way will Kobe match that type of individual performance against the exact same team.

You should count the physcological part of the game. Players feel way more pressure because it's the Finals. How can you tell Lebron would do the same thing playing for the ultimate prize??

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 09:15 AM
This message is hidden because bruceblitz is on your ignore list.

I can only imagine some more anti-Kobe propaganda from this gimmick poster.
No propaganda here, Kobe played well in game 1, I'm just saying he's did not look as impressive as LeBron did against the exact same team. If Kobe out-performs him as an individual, I'll eat my crow. So far all I've seen is L.A. out-perform the Cavs from a team standpoint.

Mikaiel
06-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Yeah, a Kobe/LeBron thread. It's been a while :cheers:

lakers_forever
06-05-2009, 09:17 AM
No propaganda here, Kobe played well in game 1, I'm just saying he's did not look as impressive as LeBron did against the exact same team. If Kobe out-performs him as an individual, I'll eat my crow. So far all I've seen is L.A. out-perform the Cavs from a team standpoint.

I'd rather see the Lakers out perform the Magic.
It's Lakers x Magic in the finals. Not Kobe x Lebron.

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 09:17 AM
You should count the physcological part of the game. Players feel way more pressure because it's the Finals. How can you tell Lebron would do the same thing playing for the ultimate prize??
Great point. LeBron had a ton of pressure on him though after Mo Williams missed that catch and shoot which sealed the loss for game 1. I agree though that there might be somewhat of a difference from a mental standpoint, just look at how bad the Magic shot. Kobe's had a handfull of career 40+ point games but last night was his first 40 point game in the Finals and this is his 6th time there. That being said, Orlando was at their best against the Cavs, and LeBron put on one hell of a show. Kobe played great, I'm not diminishing that fact. I was just more impressed with the individual performance of LeBron against the exact same team (so far).

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 09:18 AM
I'd rather see the Lakers out perform the Magic.
Fair enough.

seanlakers
06-05-2009, 09:20 AM

Does this make him better than Jordan?

IMO Jordan obviously couldn't do that because he lacked the ridiculous sick vicious nasty unstoppableness of LeBron.

Can't wait to see what LeBron does next year.

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Does this make him better than Jordan?

IMO Jordan obviously couldn't do that because he lacked the ridiculous sick vicious nasty unstoppableness of LeBron.

Can't wait to see what LeBron does next year.
When you look at Jordan's performances in the 91 and 93 Finals, you can see why he is the greatest.

1991 = In the 1991 NBA Finals Jordan posted per game averages of 31.2 points on 56% shooting from the field, 11.4 assists, 6.6 rebounds, 2.8 steals and 1.4 blocks. Jordan won his first NBA Finals MVP award by a unanimous decision, and he cried while holding the NBA Finals trophy.

1993 = In the 1993 NBA Finals Jordan averaged a Finals-record 41.0 ppg during the six-game series, 8.5 rebounds, 6.3 assists, .67 blocks, 1.67steals, and became the first player in NBA history to win three straight Finals MVP awards. Jordan scored more than 30 points in every game of the series, including 40 or more points in 4 consecutive Finals games, an NBA finals record which has never been threatened.

The fact remains though that Jordan never averaged 38+ 8 and 8 for an entire playoff series. What LeBron did in that series should not be understated. Even at the risk of overstating it.

Meticode
06-05-2009, 09:25 AM
bruceblitz,

It's one thing to respect a player and to enjoy watching them while they're in the league in their prime. It's another thing to basically hang of their nuts every chance you get. Stop making so many LeBron threads please. All you're doing is sparking the same old bullshit that has been brought up on this forum since '06.

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 09:27 AM
bruceblitz,

It's one thing to respect a player and to enjoy watching them while they're in the league in their prime. It's another thing to basically hang of their nuts every chance you get. Stop making so many LeBron threads please. All you're doing is sparking the same old bullshit that has been brought up on this forum since '06.
LeBron didn't average 38+ 8+ and 8 in any series up til now. The guy had the best year of his career (incl playoffs). Too bad his team isn't up to championship standards yet or we could have watched the Kobe vs LeBron thing play-out right on the court. So now, those of us who know those are the two most popular players, we have one option, compare how they perform against the exact same team.

seanlakers
06-05-2009, 09:30 AM
When you look at Jordan's performances in the 91 and 93 Finals, you can see why he is the greatest.

1991 = In the 1991 NBA Finals Jordan posted per game averages of 31.2 points on 56% shooting from the field, 11.4 assists, 6.6 rebounds, 2.8 steals and 1.4 blocks. Jordan won his first NBA Finals MVP award by a unanimous decision, and he cried while holding the NBA Finals trophy.

1993 = In the 1993 NBA Finals Jordan averaged a Finals-record 41.0 ppg during the six-game series, 8.5 rebounds, 6.3 assists, .67 blocks, 1.67steals, and became the first player in NBA history to win three straight Finals MVP awards. Jordan scored more than 30 points in every game of the series, including 40 or more points in 4 consecutive Finals games, an NBA finals record which has never been threatened.

The fact remains though that Jordan never averaged 38+ 8 and 8 for an entire playoff series. What LeBron did in that series should not be understated. Even at the risk of overstating it.

LeBron had a great individual series. I just don't know how those numbers stack up when they didn't produce the greatest results.

In my opinion the Cavs deviated far too much from what made them successful in the regular season by putting the ball almost primarily in LeBron's hands. What good are 8 assists if your team only gets 17 in all? If those 9 other team assists are primarily to other guys and not to you it just extrapolates the offensive issues that the team has.

I liken it to Kobe averaging 35-5-4. Wow that sure is great and all, but it was really hard to watch knowing that the offensive philosophy wasn't going to net the Lakers much at the end of the season. It may have been needed due to the team makeup but it can hardly be regarded as a shining moment in his career. He probably would say as much as well. Winners don't care about numbers they care about rings.

Meticode
06-05-2009, 09:31 AM
LeBron didn't average 38+ 8+ and 8 in any series up til now. The guy had the best year of his career (incl playoffs). Too bad his team isn't up to championship standards yet or we could have watched the Kobe vs LeBron thing play-out right on the court. So now, those of us who know those are the two most popular players, we have one option, compare how they perform against the exact same team.

You've compared him before. We don't need to hear about it yet again. Stop hanging of his nuts. Please.

When you first came here, a lot of people had respect for you. Now you're littering the main forum with LeBron threads left and right. A lot of people just don't want to hear it anymore. You're making yourself out like a foul, and if you're going to say, "I don't care." Then please don't post here anymore if you don't care so much.

Didn't you mention a while back or on something that you had a family like a kid or wife and something?

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 09:33 AM
LeBron had a great individual series. I just don't know how those numbers stack up when they didn't produce the greatest results.

In my opinion the Cavs deviated far too much from what made them successful in the regular season by putting the ball almost primarily in LeBron's hands. What good are 8 assists if your team only gets 17 in all? If those 9 other team assists are primarily to other guys and not to you it just extrapolates the offensive issues that the team has.

I liken it to Kobe averaging 35-5-4. Wow that sure is great and all, but it was really hard to watch knowing that the offensive philosophy wasn't going to net the Lakers much at the end of the season. It may have been needed due to the team makeup but it can hardly be regarded as a shining moment in his career. He probably would say as much as well. Winners don't care about numbers they care about rings.
I agree, this isn't a topic that Kobe or LeBron would publicly admit to caring about. As fans of the game though, there is little harm in comparing the way two popular players perform against the exact same team.

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 09:34 AM
You've compared him before. We don't need to hear about it yet again. Stop hanging of his nuts. Please.

When you first came here, a lot of people had respect for you. Now you're littering the main forum with LeBron threads left and right. A lot of people just don't want to hear it anymore. You're making yourself out like a foul, and if you're going to say, "I don't care." Then please don't post here anymore if you don't care so much.

Didn't you mention a while back or on something that you had a family like a kid or wife and something?
That's where I stopped reading.

seanlakers
06-05-2009, 09:37 AM
I agree, this isn't a topic that Kobe or LeBron would publicly admit to caring about. As fans of the game though, there is little harm in comparing the way two popular players perform against the exact same team.

I agree. Though the fact remains that each player has a different style of play and obvious physical differences. I'd say that and their offensive team philosophy really determines their difference in numbers.

To be honest I don't want Kobe averaging 38-8-8 if he doesn't have to.

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 09:40 AM
I agree. Though the fact remains that each player has a different style of play and obvious physical differences. I'd say that and their offensive team philosophy really determines their difference in numbers.

To be honest I don't want Kobe averaging 38-8-8 if he doesn't have to.
I appreciate your honesty. LeBron shouldn't need to put up those type of numbers either, just like Jordan shouldn't have needed to carry the load for the first 3 titles, as much as he did. Thankfully Jerry Krause woke up and brought in better talent around him for the second three-peat. So far so good for you Kobe/Lakers fans. If the Magic don't remember how to shoot the basketball, quick, I'm gonna eat crow. Which I'm fine with.

seanlakers
06-05-2009, 09:42 AM
I appreciate your honesty. LeBron shouldn't need to put up those type of numbers either, just like Jordan shouldn't have needed to carry the load for the first 3 titles, as much as he did. Thankfully Jerry Krause woke up and brought in better talent around him for the second three-peat. So far so good for you Kobe/Lakers fans. If the Magic don't remember how to shoot the basketball, quick, I'm gonna eat crow. Which I'm fine with.

They missed some open shots for sure. I think the Lakers played great defense and contested shots though. They sure as hell did their best to stay at home on the shooters and give moderate help on Dwight when needed, which was exactly what I was hoping for.

Meticode
06-05-2009, 09:43 AM
That's where I stopped reading.

Don't you have a wife and kid or something?

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 09:43 AM
They missed some open shots for sure. I think the Lakers played great defense and contested shots though. They sure as hell did their best to stay at home on the shooters and give moderate help on Dwight when needed, which was exactly what I was hoping for.
The thing I was most impressed with is the way the Lakers defended the screens as well as pick-n-rolls. The Lakers defense deserves a lot of the credit for sure.

Meticode
06-05-2009, 09:45 AM
bruce,

Spend time with your kid and or wife. Stop making 5+ channels on YouTube and dedicating your life to nothing.

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 09:46 AM
bruce,

Spend time with your kid and or wife. Stop making 5+ channels on YouTube and dedicating your life to nothing.
Gee, thanks for the advice life-coach. I'm sure a lot of avid basketball fans have families. It takes virtually little time for me to create a video by the way. Your misconceptions of my life are interesting and I just will visually ignore your posts from here on out.

seanlakers
06-05-2009, 09:48 AM
The thing I was most impressed with is the way the Lakers defended the screens as well as pick-n-rolls. The Lakers defense deserves a lot of the credit for sure.

The Magic offense presents the three biggest issues against the Laker defense.

Good 3 point shooters.

Dominant big man.

Great pick n roll.

I was pleasantly surprised that all three of those were non factors last night. I hope they keep it up. Watching the game it didn't look like a fluke, I have faith that it truly isn't one.

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 09:50 AM
The Magic offense presents the three biggest issues against the Laker defense.

Good 3 point shooters.

Dominant big man.

Great pick n roll.

I was pleasantly surprised that all three of those were non factors last night. I hope they keep it up. Watching the game it didn't look like a fluke, I have faith that it truly isn't one.
No, I agree that it was no fluke, the Lakers flat out played better. That being said we can't expect the Magic to shoot 29% for the entire series as well as Dwight Howard going 1-6 in every game. One things for sure, game 2 will make or break the series for Orlando. If Orlando can win game 2, they have a good shot at making this a real series. Key word being "if". They need to drastically play better than game 1 and they will need to defend the Lakers team better, as well as Kobe. Kobe got off a lot of good looks and made some tough shots as well.

Meticode
06-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Gee, thanks for the advice life-coach. I'm sure a lot of avid basketball fans have families. It takes virtually little time for me to create a video by the way. Your misconceptions of my life are interesting and I just will visually ignore your posts from here on out.

You pay too much attention on what players numbers. You define the definition of stickman if there ever was one. I don't care if LeBron averaged 60/10/10. The Cavaliers lost the series and ultimately nothing was accomplished this season by LeBron except a hallowed out MVP award that amounts to nothing when it's all said and done for the 08-09 season.

seanlakers
06-05-2009, 09:56 AM
No, I agree that it was no fluke, the Lakers flat out played better. That being said we can't expect the Magic to shoot 29% for the entire series as well as Dwight Howard going 1-6 in every game. One things for sure, game 2 will make or break the series for Orlando. If Orlando can win game 2, they have a good shot at making this a real series. Key word being "if". They need to drastically play better than game 1 and they will need to defend the Lakers team better, as well as Kobe. Kobe got off a lot of good looks and made some tough shots as well.

The Magic won't shoot that bad again I'm sure. Dwight drew fouls on Bynum as usual but still was bothered by LA's length, that much was obvious. I can't say for sure what changed between the two regular season meetings and this one. One thing I can say is that aside from a few instances so far, Dwight hasn't been the go-to guy in the 4th quarter, that is their shooters. They better fix their 3 philosophy if they want to get competitive.

I also doubt the Lakers will only shoot 2 free throws in the first half to the Magic's 16 next game.

Bodhi
06-05-2009, 09:56 AM
And now Bruce is just getting pathetic. You've already made a thread comparing Kobe and LeBron in game 1. Did you not get enough attention there?

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 10:02 AM
The Magic won't shoot that bad again I'm sure. Dwight drew fouls on Bynum as usual but still was bothered by LA's length, that much was obvious. I can't say for sure what changed between the two regular season meetings and this one. One thing I can say is that aside from a few instances so far, Dwight hasn't been the go-to guy in the 4th quarter, that is their shooters. They better fix their 3 philosophy if they want to get competitive.

I also doubt the Lakers will only shoot 2 free throws in the first half to the Magic's 16 next game.
Great point on the free-throws. Especially if players like Kobe attack the basket more. You are absolutely correct in your assessment and we are observing the same things. Dwight Howard also looked like he got frustrated and he went to the old Shaq mug technique and was called for an offensive foul which also forced him to play less physical on the offensive end. That's exactly why people say Dwight needs to add a fall-away jumper like Hakeem, Ewing, David Robinson and KG have.

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 10:02 AM
And now Bruce is just getting pathetic. You've already made a thread comparing Kobe and LeBron in game 1. Did you not get enough attention there?
If it's so pathetic why did you even click on the thread? I wonder....

seanlakers
06-05-2009, 10:06 AM
I'm also encouraged to see Bynum active and motivated. Almost a double double!

WOOHOO!

But seriously, the more Andrew gets up for this match-up the more my faith will grow. He wanted the ball at the beginning of the game and that was a good thing to see. If he can continue giving the same production in 20-25 minutes that would be awesome.

SVG needs to figure out his guard rotation though. The chemistry just isn't there yet.

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm also encouraged to see Bynum active and motivated. Almost a double double!

WOOHOO!

But seriously, the more Andrew gets up for this match-up the more my faith will grow. He wanted the ball at the beginning of the game and that was a good thing to see. If he can continue giving the same production in 20-25 minutes that would be awesome.

SVG needs to figure out his guard rotation though. The chemistry just isn't there yet.
Stan Van Gundy is a great motivational coach but a lot of us would agree that he's not the best x's and o's coach as well as match-ups coach.

As far as Bynum, when he's performing at his best, you see why the Lakers were so high on his potential. Bynum reminds me of Tyrus Thomas in certain aspects. They both play out of this world, sometimes, but they just don't seem to be able to get into a consistent rhythm.

Bodhi
06-05-2009, 10:09 AM
If it's so pathetic why did you even click on the thread? I wonder....

Have you ever heard the saying about a train wreck being awful but you just can't look away? Your topics since the playoffs began have been like a series of train wrecks.

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 10:10 AM
Have you ever heard the saying about a train wreck being awful but you just can't look away? Your topics since the playoffs began have been like a series of train wrecks.
Fair enough, it's all in the eye of the beholder. Fair enough.

seanlakers
06-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Stan Van Gundy is a great motivational coach but a lot of us would agree that he's not the best x's and o's coach as well as match-ups coach.

As far as Bynum, when he's performing at his best, you see why the Lakers were so high on his potential. Bynum reminds me of Tyrus Thomas in certain aspects. They both play out of this world, sometimes, but they just don't seem to be able to get into a consistent rhythm.

Tyrus was great at LSU. Shown some nice flashes with the Bulls. I don't know how his work ethic is since I'm not a Bulls fan but it seems like he needs to put some work in. I could be wrong though.

Bynum just needs to stay healthy and be man. He can't let himself get suckered into Phil's mind games like Kobe did on occasion. Bynum has had the reputation of being lazy and being a hard worker as well. So I don't really know which one he is right now, but that is probably related to his injury of course.

I do think he needs to establish a better mindset and get to work so he can improve his skills and get to where the Lakers coaches want him to be. If there is one thing you can't knock on Kobe it's his work ethic and his commitment to being ready on all occasion. Big Drew can learn from it if he so chooses.

Legend of Josh
06-05-2009, 10:15 AM
I know the majority of us like to toss stats around and then theoretically compare them to other players and teams alike, but at this point I think this would make for a much better off-season topic (no offense to the OP).

Right now, LeBron is sitting at home god-like playoff stats or not. Whereas, Kobe is 1 game up over the Magic in the finals (not to boot Kobe himself had an almost god-like performance).

I'm not even that much of a Kobe fan, and a much bigger supporter / fan of King James. What I'm trying to get at is that why talk about stats right now comparing one player out of the title chase and one player on the verge of finally winning the title on his own without Mack Daddy Shaq Diesel running the show? Especially when the topic seemingly is taking a stab at Kobe.

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 10:18 AM
Tyrus was great at LSU. Shown some nice flashes with the Bulls. I don't know how his work ethic is since I'm not a Bulls fan but it seems like he needs to put some work in. I could be wrong though.
Bynum just needs to stay healthy and be man. He can't let himself get suckered into Phil's mind games like Kobe did on occasion. Bynum has had the reputation of being lazy and being a hard worker as well. So I don't really know which one he is right now, but that is probably related to his injury of course.

I do think he needs to establish a better mindset and get to work so he can improve his skills and get to where the Lakers coaches want him to be. If there is one thing you can't knock on Kobe it's his work ethic and his commitment to being ready on all occasion. Big Drew can learn from it if he so chooses.
As far as Tyrus's work ethic, it was extemely questionable up to the last half of this past season. Even in the Boston series he hit some real real clutch mid-range jumpers. He's added to his skill-set and he's improved his jumper so much. Still has work to do though.

I agree if Bynum stays healthy his career would progress faster. I've read about his lazy reputation and I suspect that's why Kobe wanted to "ship his ass out".

Kobe's work ethic and competitive nature is right at the top of the NBA. It's hard to compare a player's work ethic because we aren't there behind the scenes but it's fairly obvoius that Kobe's one of the hardest workers in the game. If Bynum would use the skills that he's already learned, more often, rather than looking flustered when under pressure, he would become an all-star. That's one thing for sure, both Bynum and Tyrus CAN be all-stars if they tap into their talent to the fullest extent.

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-05-2009, 10:18 AM

captain obvious, thanks for your input. now go pull a carradine.

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 10:21 AM
I know the majority of us like to toss stats around and then theoretically compare them to other players and teams alike, but at this point I think this would make for a much better off-season topic (no offense to the OP).

Right now, LeBron is sitting at home god-like playoff stats or not. Whereas, Kobe is 1 game up over the Magic in the finals (not to boot Kobe himself had an almost god-like performance).

I'm not even that much of a Kobe fan, and a much bigger supporter / fan of King James. What I'm trying to get at is that why talk about stats right now comparing one player out of the title chase and one player on the verge of finally winning the title on his own without Mack Daddy Shaq Diesel running the show? Especially when the topic seemingly is taking a stab at Kobe.
First of all, I agree with 97% of your standpoint. That being said, we all wanted to see Kobe V LeBron so what better way to compare the two than to compare how they play against the exact same team being defended by the same primary defenders?

It's not a knock on Kobe, that's for sure. Kobe has a real chance to match what LeBron did but some people think he wont so they are viewing this as "LeBron's better than him just because of the way he played against Orlando". Well what if Kobe out-performs him? Kobe will fly up my all-time rankings if he can keep playing like this. When a superstar shows up in the playoffs like that, you can't help but take note of it

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 10:22 AM
captain obvious, thanks for your input. now go pull a carradine.
So is that how we do it on this board? We make light of someone's untimely death? That's sickening.
R.I.P.:
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/film/story/2009/06/05/carradine-autopsy-thailand.html

John Smith
06-05-2009, 10:24 AM
So is that how we do it on this board? We make light of someone's untimely death? That's sickening.

Inside hoops is the land of the brain dead, get used to it.

seanlakers
06-05-2009, 10:24 AM
As far as Tyrus's work ethic, it was extemely questionable up to the last half of this past season. Even in the Boston series he hit some real real clutch mid-range jumpers. He's added to his skill-set and he's improved his jumper so much. Still has work to do though.

I agree if Bynum stays healthy his career would progress faster. I've read about his lazy reputation and I suspect that's why Kobe wanted to "ship his ass out".

Kobe's work ethic and competitive nature is right at the top of the NBA. It's hard to compare a player's work ethic because we aren't there behind the scenes but it's fairly obvoius that Kobe's one of the hardest workers in the game. If Bynum would use the skills that he's already learned, more often, rather than looking flustered when under pressure, he would become an all-star. That's one thing for sure, both Bynum and Tyrus CAN be all-stars if they tap into their talent to the fullest extent.

Sounds like Chicago has the same kind of hope for Thomas as Laker fans have for Drew. You are right that they both have the athleticism and gifts to be all-stars. I hope they don't retard their progress with delusions of grandeur.

"Ship his ass out" probably did more good behind the scenes than anyone cares to admit though.

vert48
06-05-2009, 10:26 AM
I do not care if Kobe scores another point in the series, as long as the Lakers win.

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Sounds like Chicago has the same kind of hope for Thomas as Laker fans have for Drew. You are right that they both have the athleticism and gifts to be all-stars. I hope they don't retard their progress with delusions of grandeur.

"Ship his ass out" probably did more good behind the scenes than anyone cares to admit though.
Yes, as a Bulls fan I wanted Tyrus more than Aldridge, a lot of fans felt that way here in Chicago because at LSU he showed flashes of that NBA type athleticism. The problem was that he was so young and his on-the-ball skills were lacking. Now he's on the road to success.

As far as Bynum, I truly agree that Kobe sparked some determination in him to prove Kobe wrong. That's not such a bad thing. A lot of players would fold given the circumstances.

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 10:28 AM
I do not care if Kobe scores another point in the series, as long as the Lakers win.
I'm sure a lot of Lakers fans feel the same way my friend.

Legend of Josh
06-05-2009, 10:33 AM
First of all, I agree with 97% of your standpoint. That being said, we all wanted to see Kobe V LeBron so what better way to compare the two than to compare how they play against the exact same team being defended by the same primary defenders?

I guess I didn't exactly think of it from that perspective. Not a bad point, at all really, but I will add playing in the ECF VS Finals is a little different all things considered.

seanlakers
06-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Of course we all know that one of the easiest ways to exploit the Magic D is to give the ball to Kobe.

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 10:35 AM
I guess I didn't exactly think of it from that perspective. Not a bad point, at all really, but I will add playing in the ECF VS Finals is a little different all things considered.
The funny thing is that all this talk about LeBron V Kobe contrast and comparison, but the real discrepancy is the fact that the Magic played awful. A lot of that credit needs to go to the Lakers defense, as well the Magic flat-out choked.

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Of course we all know that one of the easiest ways to exploit the Magic D is to give the ball to Kobe.
Yes, I agree that Kobe's gonna "get his" against Orlando. Orlando doesn't seem capable of stopping perimeter scorers. Unless they stop themselves (Mo Williams). Kobe had a 41 point game in the regular season against Orlando as well.

LA_Showtime
The funny thing is that all this talk about LeBron V Kobe contrast and comparison, but the real descrepancy is the fact that the Magic played awful. A lot of that credit needs to go to the Lakers defense, as well the Magic flat-out choked.

The first part is obvious, especially since you're one of the people who decided to compare LeBron and Kobe.

The Lakers played good defense, but the Magic missed a lot of shots they normally make. Is it possible to say good defense, worse offense? :oldlol:

Kobe had a good game, but I'd rather not rely on Kobe having to get us 40/8/8 because he's rarely shown the ability to do it throughout a series (let alone the Finals).

Legend of Josh
I'm sure a lot of Lakers fans feel the same way my friend.

As sad as this statement is, it's very true. So many Laker fans would become quite bored quite quickly. It's not just Laker fans though... same things for LeBron James groupies or Wade slurpers. Basketball (on all levels) is a team sport first and foremost, but the NBA lives and dies on its superstars. That's not exactly how the game is necessarily played, but it's sure as hell how the sport is promoted. You take away superstars playing up to their superstar expectations and fans (not all, but certainly some) will begin to lose interest, quite quickly in many cases.

cotdt
06-05-2009, 10:38 AM
The funny thing is that all this talk about LeBron V Kobe contrast and comparison, but the real descrepancy is the fact that the Magic played awful. A lot of that credit needs to go to the Lakers defense, as well the Magic flat-out choked.

Can the Magics simply forfeit and just let the Cavs play their remaining Finals games?

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Can the Magics simply forfeit and just let the Cavs play their remaining Finals games?
While that might be nice for viewing pleasure of LeBron vs Kobe, I get the feeling that the Lakers would crush Cleveland.

Peter Griffin
06-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Wow, I haven't seen this much desperation to hang on a players ******* (LeBron's) since Hue Hefner kicked Mardella out of his mansion in 87'!:lol

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 10:42 AM
As sad as this statement is, it's very true. So many Laker fans would become quite bored quite quickly. It's not just Laker fans though... same things for LeBron James groupies or Wade slurpers. Basketball (on all levels) is a team sport first and foremost, but the NBA lives and dies on its superstars. That's not exactly how the game is necessarily played, but it's sure as hell how the sport is promoted. You take away superstars playing up to their superstar expectations and fans (not all, but certainly some) will begin to lose interest, quite quickly in many cases.
I agree 100%. Even I am guilty of getting more excited about the superstar peformance over the team performance. It's a superstar driven league and it's been that way dating back to the Wilt era.

Legend of Josh
06-05-2009, 10:43 AM

I'm actually quite surprised the puppet master (D. Stern) didn't go to extensive lengths to ensure a Kobe VS LeBron Finals. If the commander-in-chief is going to pull the trigger on keeping a very entertaining Sacramento Kings out of the Finals some 8 odd years ago then why the hell keep the game's most popular player (James) out of the Finals?

:confusedshrug:

I'm quite disappointed Stern!

:oldlol:

All those years you allowed the god-awful Spurs to reign on the league, yet the one year Sacramento deserved their title you rape them of it. Where's your logic mang?

bruceblitz
06-05-2009, 10:44 AM
Wow, I haven't seen this much desperation to hang on a players ******* (LeBron's) since Hue Hefner kicked Mardella out of his mansion in 87'!:lol
Looks like the zookeeper let the hyeinas out. Well seanlakers and other basketball fans who actually wanted to text about basketball, it was fun interacting. I'm out.

Fatal9
06-05-2009, 10:45 AM
What Kobe needs to do to match what Lebron did:

- disappear in 4 out of 6 fourth quarters in this series
- shoot the lowest percentage ever in playoff history for a 40+ point game
- Shoot 40% on all the road games
- blow a game by committing 6-7 turnovers in the finals 6 minutes and OT
- shoot 3-14 in the last three quarters of an elimination game
- shoot 20 FTs per game, a decent percentage of them BS
- lose the series

imo, Kobe gets 48-50 points if this game was officiated like the ECF series (they let a lot of contact go). However, I like how they called the game, didn't turn into the FT fest that was the Cavs/Magic series.

Lebron was extremely inconsistent in that series. He played well in game 1, the first half of game 2 and the fourth quarter of game 5...that's it!

Kappy
06-05-2009, 10:51 AM

- lose the series

imo, Kobe gets 48-50 points if this game was officiated like the ECF series (they let a lot of contact go). However, I like how they called the game, didn't turn into the FT fest that was the Cavs/Magic series.

Lebron was extremely inconsistent in that series. He played well in game 1, the first half of game 2 and the fourth quarter of game 5...that's it!

:roll: :applause: :applause:

Mor'Fiyah
06-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Heh...

Kobe doesn't have to do anything to match Lebron James. Its the other way around. Lebron needs to work towards improving his game so he stands a chance of being able to match what Kobe Bryant has done. I care not for Lebron's stats inflated by his over-usage of the ball, or the subjective blocking fouls he gets the benefit of every other drive to the basket.

DonDadda59
06-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Let's ask lil' Dez what he thinks.

Honestly, is there nothing better to discuss than the same old Lebron vs Kobe sh*t? People won't let this stuff go even though Lebron's sitting at home on his couch eating bon bons, trying to answer the question 'What makes Kobe so unstoppable' :oldlol:

I think it's both hilarious and incredibly disrespectful to the Magic that Nike is still airing the puppet commercials... and certain individuals are playing the same game on this forum. :rolleyes:

Mor'Fiyah
06-05-2009, 11:02 AM

Honestly, is there nothing better to discuss than the same old Lebron vs Kobe sh*t? People won't let this stuff go even though Lebron's sitting at home on his couch eating bon bons, trying to answer the question 'What makes Kobe so unstoppable' :oldlol:

I think it's both hilarious and incredibly disrespectful to the Magic that Nike is still airing the puppet commercials... and certain individuals are playing the same game on this forum. :rolleyes:

And yet you posted in the thread instead of taking your own advice and ignoring it all together?

The puppet commercials are to promote NIKE who also happen to sponsor two of the games best players. Why shouldnt they showcase the two guys capable of getting them the best marketing? What does a Nike commercial have to do with the actual NBA finals?! Its advertising!

Now I do agree with you on this whole Kobe vs. Lebron thing. Its ok to have the discussion... but 50 different threads on essentially the same thing is getting a bit redundant. The same arguments just get rehashed over and over again.

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Inside hoops is the land of the brain dead, get used to it.

where did dude tie the rope? around his what? and for what reason did he do that? now that is fcking brain dead.

bdreason
06-05-2009, 11:18 AM
He'll play better than LeBron James in the Finals, that's for sure.

GMW
06-05-2009, 11:20 AM
This guy has basically dedicated his life to making stupid youtube vids of his idols and copy/pasting the same old crap over and over on no doubt a dozen different message boards. It's hilarious. :oldlol:

NBASTATMAN
06-05-2009, 11:27 AM

They are playing the same team, so it should be just as easy.. But it really doesn't matter cuz THE LAKERS ARE THE BETTER team and GASOL AND Bynum shut down MR. SUPERMAN... He looked like Superman vs Z and VAREJO but not against GASOL OR BYNUM....Give Kobe credit he played great last night..

Peter Griffin
06-05-2009, 11:30 AM

I say, Post of the Thread!!!:cheers:

NBASTATMAN
06-05-2009, 11:33 AM

- lose the series

This is what kills the kobe fans.. Go ahead **** on Lebron but than don't get mad when people **** on Kobe.. Plus you are reaching on the lebron thing.. Let Lebron live.. KObe is on stage now.. I suggest people write about Kobe not about Lebron.. If you keep it a lebron vs kobe thing.. Kobe won't get his due.. And Kobe deserves credit for this title... Well when they finish off the magic..

NBASTATMAN
06-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Heh...

Kobe doesn't have to do anything to match Lebron James. Its the other way around. Lebron needs to work towards improving his game so he stands a chance of being able to match what Kobe Bryant has done. I care not for Lebron's stats inflated by his over-usage of the ball, or the subjective blocking fouls he gets the benefit of every other drive to the basket.

Kobe has titles Lebron don't.. Lebron's stats are great but he hasn't won a title yet..

Peter Griffin
06-05-2009, 11:39 AM
This is what kills the kobe fans.. Go ahead **** on Lebron but than don't get mad when people **** on Kobe.. Plus you are reaching on the lebron thing.. Let Lebron live.. KObe is on stage now.. I suggest people write about Kobe not about Lebron.. If you keep it a lebron vs kobe thing.. Kobe won't get his due.. And Kobe deserves credit for this title... Well when they finish off the magic..

Then you should get upset with the OP aswell!!

Fatal9 pushed all Facts in retaliation to Blitz! So, you should get a madd at LeBron homers for starting this!

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4480/jbjw.jpg
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

vert48
06-05-2009, 11:45 AM
He is also the first player in NBA history to be fined 5 days after the end of his season.

Mor'Fiyah
06-05-2009, 11:49 AM

Uhmm. Did you not see the title of the thread? What about who started it and the first post in the thread? What about the agenda of the person who started the thread... ??

catch24
06-05-2009, 11:52 AM
thread = not delivering

hopefully kobe "delivers"

Juges8932
06-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Really? I mean really? :sleeping

That's like in the other thread when somebody posted Kobe is one of 4 players to have a 40/8/8 game in the finals lol. It means NOTHING, because anybody can manipulate stats to mean something more or less.

catch24
06-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Lol

Legend of Josh
06-05-2009, 12:13 PM
He is also the first player in NBA history to be fined 5 days after the end of his season.

Its one thing to treat superstars like superstars, but it's a whole different ballgame when you're allowing specific players to dodge fines and penalties purely because of who they are when anyone else would have been slapped much sooner.

I didn't want to see Orlando make the Finals either... I've been pulling for Cleveland since the playoffs kicked off, but if the team that played better overall for the series beats you, man-up and give credit.

crisoner
06-05-2009, 12:14 PM
I think Kobe is to busy winning championships to worry about chasing stats.
/thread

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Another epic thread failure.

Avaj
06-05-2009, 12:15 PM
It doesn't matter what he averaged, he is at home instead of in the finals.

thuggets
06-05-2009, 12:20 PM

who cares, and I will be laughing if kobe beats queen lebron in stats too.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-05-2009, 12:27 PM
never fail to appreciate what matters most.

haters fail in this regard.

The Magic Man
06-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Wait. This guy has been on ISH since Feb of this year?!!! With over 2 thousand posts? I was sure he's been here forever. What is the chance that out of all those posts, nmore than 5 were about something other than MJ worship, LBJ love, or Kobe hate? Stop replying to this fool. Look at his avi. I want to punch him in the face just for that pic alone.

D-Rose
06-05-2009, 12:36 PM
As long as the Lakers win the title I don't care if Kobe puts up 20/5/5.

vert48
06-05-2009, 12:38 PM
As long as the Lakers win the title I don't care if Kobe puts up 20/5/5.repped

shok
06-05-2009, 12:43 PM

I like that your own post contradicts what you're saying. First you say the Lakers are playing the "EXACT SAME TEAM" when referencing the difference of intensity in the ECF, WCF and Finals. Yet you attribute the loss of Game 1 in the ECF due to hot shooting from ORL. BUT it's the "SAME TEAM!" I think you lack perspective.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-05-2009, 12:45 PM
why this thread fails, PART 6:

due to limited knowledge of bball, poster fails to realize why stats don't provide the whole story because its the MOMENTs in the game that tell the real story:

- did the player make a key play to swing momentum ?
- did the player hit key shot(s) to suck the life out of the opponent (see Larry Bird)?
- did the player's level of effort encourage or otherwise embolden his teammates?

etc etc

pay more attention to the nuances of the game rather than simple stats.

Jordan-esque
06-05-2009, 12:50 PM
No.

Kobe won't.

He'll be to busy wining rings.

mbell75
06-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Who gives a sh*t? Lebron is sitting at home watching the Finals on his couch while Kobe is about to win his 4th ring and quite possibly a Finals MVP. Poor Lebron, another epic failure when it matters most :roll:

NewYorkUSCtrojan
06-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Who gives a sh*t? Lebron is sitting at home watching the Finals on his couch while Kobe is about to win his 4th ring and quite possibly a Finals MVP. Poor Lebron, another epic failure when it matters most :roll:

QUEEN JAMES is at home watching the NBA Finals with Lil Dez..While KING KOBE is "DOING WORK" on the ultimate basketball stage...

oh the horror
06-05-2009, 01:18 PM

While I think Kobe is capable, I sure as hell dont think he will. Those are just flat out great numbers.

GIF REACTION
11-04-2015, 07:47 AM
While I think Kobe is capable, I sure as hell dont think he will. Those are just flat out great numbers.
Agreed

Mr Feeny
11-04-2015, 08:06 AM
Agreed

Agreed, won't even come close. I predict he doesn't even shoot better than 43%fg:applause:

feyki
11-04-2015, 08:06 AM
2001 Wcf .

33-7-7 with ; less min(same pace) , less to , better eFg % , better ortg against tougher defensive team at tougher defensive era.

ArbitraryWater
11-04-2015, 08:19 AM

Yup.. I dont think hes capable, either.. nothing to prove that.

Gileraracer
11-04-2015, 08:22 AM
Agreed, won't even come close. I predict he doesn't even shoot better than 43%fg:applause:

So 4% more than Lebron in 2015 finals? :eek: :eek:

Quickening
11-04-2015, 08:24 AM
2001 Wcf .

33-7-7 with ; less min(same pace) , less to , better eFg % , better ortg against tougher defensive team at tougher defensive era.
everyone focused on peak Shaq, MDE :lol

feyki
11-04-2015, 08:27 AM

Everyone? Just Admiral .

knicksman
11-04-2015, 08:53 AM
Thats a great stat for my boy. Hopefully historians would remember this instead of 2/6

dubeta
11-04-2015, 08:55 AM
Thats a great stat for my boy. Hopefully historians would remember this instead of 2/6

Still better than 0/11

Mr Feeny
11-04-2015, 09:37 AM
So 4% more than Lebron in 2015 finals? :eek: :eek:And 5 less than LeBron shot against the same team a round earlier:roll:

Paul George 24
11-04-2015, 09:44 AM
2/6

Mr. Jabbar
11-04-2015, 10:00 AM

What if I told you

2/6!

3ball
11-04-2015, 02:05 PM
What if I told you

2/6!
Exactly - Lebron achieved his stats vs. Orlando using a stat-friendly, ball-dominant style that couldn't win, while the other guy achieved his stats within a winning, team framework that wins the championship.. Big difference... Kobe could've stat-padded vs. Orlando too, but he would've lost.

Otoh, Lebron's stats during the years he WON were nowhere near his losing stats against Orlando.. His averages in the 2012 and 2013 playoffs were 28/9/6... That's nowhere near his Orlando averages.. By comparison, MJ's stats in 1991-1993 playoffs were 35/7/7.. That's 25% more scoring on same effiicency, with more assists..

Of course, MJ averaged 41/9/6 while WINNING the 1993 Finals, which is better than Lebron's 38/8/8 while losing to Orlando.

riseagainst
11-04-2015, 02:32 PM

yeah, because even the guards would collapse in on Shaq right?

dis nigguh retarded as fck.

:lol