PDA

View Full Version : Greatest of All-Time PRE-Jordan?

LakersLaLaLand
06-06-2009, 05:21 AM
Lets get a serious topic on the board. Maybe ISH can save some face with real conversation not mentioning either of the 2 current HYPE BEASTS.

Pre-Jordan, He was the GOAT?

Kareem
Wilt
Shaq
Dr J
Magic
Hakeem
Oscar Robertson
Russell
Duncan
Bird
Moses
West
Elgin Baylor
Bob Cousy
Mikan
George Gervin
Pistol Pete
Rick

Please add any names I may have forgotten. Or you feel deserves to be in the conversation.

Side Note: Watch "The Hangover". Great comedy about a bachelor party in vegas. Tons of laughs from beginning to end. No joke. If you don't laugh multiple times I will refund your money. Please deposit all complaints in your colon.

RoseCity07
06-06-2009, 05:36 AM
Back when Wilt played people say it was a weak era. That is what I think is pathetic. Now days you have 30 teams so the talent level is watered down. Can you imagine 12 teams being in the NBA today. You'd have teams with Duncan, Kobe, and Artest. Dwight and Wade and Bosh. Ray Allen would be coming off the bench.

Now imagine back in the 50's. That means that Wilt was going up against the best of the best night in and night out. What we know is that he averaged 50 points a game in a season. Do you realize how unbelievable that is against the best of the best in your day?

There aren't players today grabbing 30 rebounds a game or scoring 50 PPG. Wilt was the best before Jordan. Then Kareem.

Jerkstore!
06-06-2009, 05:43 AM
'Nique

iamgine
06-06-2009, 05:50 AM
Pre and post Jordan GOAT: Bill Russell

11 Championships
Defensive beast
Coach on and off the court
Sacrifice for the team

http://services.bostonglobe.com/mas_assets/full/780639.jpg

Brunch@Five
06-06-2009, 05:52 AM
Kareem was and still is the GOAT in my book. Even moreso when you include college and high school

InspiredLebowski
06-06-2009, 05:54 AM
http://www.hollywoodcollectibles.com/autographed/memorabilia/sports/collectibles/authentic/Basketball/8x10%20Photos/Larry_Bird_Photo1_mid.jpg

stephanieg
06-06-2009, 05:57 AM
Kareem or Wilt. Either of them may actually be better than Jordan anyway. Does Jordan shut down the paint? No. Does he grab huge amounts of boards? No. I'd probably take Kareem over Wilt just for the FT% actually. It's too bad he wasted a large amount of his prime on non-contending teams tho.

Manute for Ever!
06-06-2009, 05:58 AM
Back when Wilt played people say it was a weak era. That is what I think is pathetic. Now days you have 30 teams so the talent level is watered down. Can you imagine 12 teams being in the NBA today. You'd have teams with Duncan, Kobe, and Artest. Dwight and Wade and Bosh. Ray Allen would be coming off the bench.

Now imagine back in the 50's. That means that Wilt was going up against the best of the best night in and night out. What we know is that he averaged 50 points a game in a season. Do you realize how unbelievable that is against the best of the best in your day?

There aren't players today grabbing 30 rebounds a game or scoring 50 PPG. Wilt was the best before Jordan. Then Kareem.

Let's not forget that there were no private jets, extreme racism/segregation in some areas, playing in Chuck Taylors, lack of personal trainers and nutritionalists etc, staying just regular hotel rooms.....

I hate that "weak era" argument, too :cheers:

Lebron23
06-06-2009, 06:02 AM
http://www.peterme.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/AAGZ061_8x10~Kareem-Abdul-Jabbar-Hook-Shot-Posters.jpg

Kebab Stall
06-06-2009, 06:03 AM

That's because you're assuming that the talent level in the 50's was equal to the talent level today, which is very flawed logic.

Now, I'm not saying it was a weak era. But let's look at this with at least a tiny bit of knowledge, logic and brains.

Wilt was a monster, no doubt about that. He was way before his time and dominated his era. We cannot assume that the talent back then was way worse, way better or equal to the talent of today. Just because of his domination.

Your logic is flawed, because you assume that the talent level was equal back then, as it is today.

Back then, all the players were subjected to the same health benefits, including weight training, fitness training, diets. Which, back then, were not that great. Just like how all the players today have access to some of the best training facilities and nutrionists the world has to offer.

If we insert any player from any era into another era, he would also be subjected to those same conditions. So we cannot assume that Wilt would dominate today, based on his production in his era, because if he played today, he would also have access to all the same facilities that are available today, that were not available back then.

As far as I am concerned, you're a retard if you think that Wilt would either completely dominate today's game or he would be a complete dud. It doesn't matter which side you fall on, because if you think either of those things, the chances are, you're full of sh!t.

YAWN
06-06-2009, 06:03 AM
why do you have duncan in a pre-jordan argument?

Shep
06-06-2009, 08:05 AM
pre jordan? chamberlain. post jordan? chamberlain

plowking
06-06-2009, 08:07 AM

Chamberlain isn't even a top 5 player of all time.

Bird is the correct answer.

Shep
06-06-2009, 08:54 AM

bird isn't even top 9 all time. jordan isn't top 2

plowking
06-06-2009, 08:57 AM
bird isn't even top 9 all time. jordan isn't top 2

That's fine, though I'm glad you agree now that both are better then Wilt.

Shep
06-06-2009, 09:04 AM
That's fine, though I'm glad you agree now that both are better then Wilt.
are your parents siblings? how is it even possible to think that you could come to that conclusion? read my post again.

plowking
06-06-2009, 09:21 AM
are your parents siblings? how is it even possible to think that you could come to that conclusion? read my post again.

Your posts are rubbish. Your parents must be siblings if you think Jordan is the 3rd best player ever.

Wilt, the best player ever? Based on what? Scoring lots of points and not being able to win? Hell, Russel could have done with Wilt did if he wanted to, seeing as Wilt played only for himself and his teammates would give it to him simply to see how many points he could score. Jordan could have averaged 60+ if all his teammates did was look for him to score.

Shep
06-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Your posts are rubbish. Your parents must be siblings if you think Jordan is the 3rd best player ever.
ahh the old "i insult you, then you proceed to attempt to use the exact same insult on me..and fail dismally" rebuttal. don't you get sick and tired of failure?

Wilt, the best player ever? Based on what?
based on his career, and the fact that nobody dominated more, from an individual standpoint, over a career in nba history. also:
- best rookie year in nba history post 1949
- out of the top 5 peaks of all time, wilt owns 3 of them, and out of the top 10, 5
- owns 4 out of the top 10 mvp seasons ever
- was the best player in the nba 8 different seasons, including his first 4 years in the league
- averaged the most minutes in nba history, and only missed significant time 1 season
- was a standout both offensively and defensively
- led the league in just about every category.. etc

Hell, Russel could have done with Wilt did if he wanted to,
congratulations, you've just destroyed yourself with that comment, and any credibility you had left (if any)

Johnni Gade
06-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Tough question. Great topic! Id' go with Magic og Bird.

Mamba
06-06-2009, 10:56 AM
easily kareem, not bill russell he wasn't even considered that great till this decade when people realised how hard it was to whin a championship yet 11?!

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-06-2009, 11:08 AM
why "pre-Jordan"??? seem arbitrary. Is that just to eliminate Jordan from the discussion?
If so, why not just say, "who is GOAT excluding Jordan"?

Kebab Stall
06-06-2009, 11:09 AM
why "pre-Jordan"??? seem arbitrary. Is that just to eliminate Jordan from the discussion?
Because that would include players in the post-Jordan era.

SoCalMike
06-06-2009, 11:10 AM

i think the OP is doing that because it would turn into a kobe vs.... anyway, perhaps the OP wants to see what people think before jordan was even in the league????

:pimp:

Sir Charles
06-06-2009, 11:18 AM
The greatest player ever be none other than Wilton Norman Chamberlain.

Very Simple :confusedshrug:

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-06-2009, 11:20 AM
i think the OP is doing that because it would turn into a kobe vs.... anyway, perhaps the OP wants to see what people think before jordan was even in the league????

OH, thats right. there are still a couple knuckleheads around here that think Kobe could be in that discussion.

well, anyway, its Kareem... for the many reasons I have posted in past threads.

Bush4Ever
06-06-2009, 11:26 AM
I would choose to start a franchise with Kareem before anyone else, even MJ, because of his offensive AND defensive prowess, clutch playoff performances, and longevity.

That makes it Kareem in my book.

SoCalMike
06-06-2009, 11:26 AM
OH, thats right. there are still a couple knuckleheads around here that think Kobe could be in that discussion.

well, anyway, its Kareem... for the many reasons I have posted in past threads.

LOL!

and yes, i agree... kareem!

guy
06-06-2009, 11:29 AM

Thats ridiculous. You do realize that if Ray Allen was in the 50-60s he'd more likely not even be playing basketball, then playing and coming off the bench. You're making the assumption that back then the same amount of people in the world played basketball as they do today, which is completely wrong. That number has at least doubled, maybe tripled. And yes no one today has those stats because with the current pace its pretty much impossible.

Bush4Ever
06-06-2009, 11:29 AM
easily kareem, not bill russell he wasn't even considered that great till this decade when people realised how hard it was to whin a championship yet 11?!

This is categorically false.

In a vote of coaches and media members in 1980, Russell was voted the GOAT.

Obviously this excludes Jordan, Bird, Magic, etc....but Russell was indeed considered a legend before this decade.

cdbleb
06-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Lets get a serious topic on the board. Maybe ISH can save some face with real conversation not mentioning either of the 2 current HYPE BEASTS.

Pre-Jordan, He was the GOAT?

Kareem
Wilt
Shaq
Dr J
Magic
Hakeem
Oscar Robertson
Russell
Duncan
Bird
Moses
West
Elgin Baylor
Bob Cousy
Mikan
George Gervin
Pistol Pete
Rick

Please add any names I may have forgotten. Or you feel deserves to be in the conversation.

Huh?

Roundball_Rock
06-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Back when Wilt played people say it was a weak era. That is what I think is pathetic. Now days you have 30 teams so the talent level is watered down. Can you imagine 12 teams being in the NBA today.

Winning against 11 other teams<beating 29 other teams for a championship. Making the conference finals today is more difficult than winning a championship then. To do so you need to get through 25+ teams, not 11. Even the conference semifinals are more difficult since you need to beat 20+ teams to get there.

What really holds Wilt back is how could he win only 2 championships against such weak competition?

You'd have teams with Duncan, Kobe, and Artest. Dwight and Wade and Bosh. Ray Allen would be coming off the bench.

Yeah but each team would have players like that so it would be a wash.

when people realised how hard it was to whin a championship yet 11?!

Russell had 6-7 HOFers on his teams and played in an era where there were about 6 teams so it is not surprising he won 11. MJ's 6 are more impressive than Russell's 11 imo.

I vote for Kareem. I believe he is the second best basketball player of all-time and he has a case for being the GOAT even post-Jordan. He has more MVP's than anybody in history and won as many championships as MJ.

L.Kizzle
06-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Huh?
Not Tim Duncan, Carl Duncan,he played for the Rochester Royals from 54 to 61.

LJJ
06-06-2009, 02:45 PM
This is categorically false.

In a vote of coaches and media members in 1980, Russell was voted the GOAT.

Obviously this excludes Jordan, Bird, Magic, etc....but Russell was indeed considered a legend before this decade.

Yeah.

It's funny how back in the day people thought Russell was better than Chamberlain, but nowadays Chamberlain is considered superior. Mostly by people who haven't watched 60s basketball at all.

zay_24
06-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Winning against 11 other teams<beating 29 other teams for a championship. Making the conference finals today is more difficult than winning a championship then. To do so you need to get through 25+ teams, not 11. Even the conference semifinals are more difficult since you need to beat 20+ teams to get there.

What really holds Wilt back is how could he win only 2 championships against such weak competition?

Yeah but each team would have players like that so it would be a wash.

Russell had 6-7 HOFers on his teams and played in an era where there were about 6 teams so it is not surprising he won 11. MJ's 6 are more impressive than Russell's 11 imo.

I vote for Kareem. I believe he is the second best basketball player of all-time and he has a case for being the GOAT even post-Jordan. He has more MVP's than anybody in history and won as many championships as MJ.:violin:

eliteballer
06-06-2009, 03:05 PM

You have to be smoking some good ISH to think that the talent pool back then was anywhere NEAR as good as it is now. Seriously.

RocketGreatness
06-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Kareem and then Bill Russell. That easy.

Kareem got his 1st league MVP at the age of 23 and that was also the same year he won his 1st championship and was named the Finals MVP. It's literally that simple.

Mr Know It All
06-06-2009, 07:21 PM
People need to stop with the "weak era" crap. The only way a player should be judged is by his dominance and impact in his era, and going by that the best player of all time is by far Wilt Chamberlain. 40 years from now I'm sure ignorant fools will say Jordan, Shaq, Lebron, and Kobe played in a weak era and are overrated. As technology moves forward so will training techniques and players access to better development strategies. Nowadays with modern sports medicine and multiple personal trainers how can you say players don't have the unfair advantage over a guy like Wilt who didn't have access to any of our modern training methods.

Wilt was a pure athletic freak and an unbelievable talent. He was a track star and the most dominant force professional basketball has ever seen. Even past his prime he held his own against Kareem in his later days, when Kareem was a young gun coming into his own.

Pre or post Jordan Wilt is the most dominant force the game has ever seen, and that makes him the greatest player of all time in my eyes.

White Chocolate
06-06-2009, 07:37 PM
In no order:

-Wilt
-Kareem
-Magic
-Bird

plowking
06-06-2009, 10:07 PM
ahh the old "i insult you, then you proceed to attempt to use the exact same insult on me..and fail dismally" rebuttal. don't you get sick and tired of failure?

based on his career, and the fact that nobody dominated more, from an individual standpoint, over a career in nba history. also:
- best rookie year in nba history post 1949
- out of the top 5 peaks of all time, wilt owns 3 of them, and out of the top 10, 5
- owns 4 out of the top 10 mvp seasons ever
- was the best player in the nba 8 different seasons, including his first 4 years in the league
- averaged the most minutes in nba history, and only missed significant time 1 season
- was a standout both offensively and defensively
- led the league in just about every category.. etc

congratulations, you've just destroyed yourself with that comment, and any credibility you had left (if any)

Funny, because if I remember correctly, basketball is about winning, not putting up awesome stats. Might as well put down Pistol Pete as one of the best ever then.

Wilt couldn't do what is considered to be the main point of any sport. Win.
Look at the Spurs, when they wanted Robinson to get as many points as he wanted in a night, he was able to get 71. This is the treatment Wilt got every game. Not to mention other scoring battles in the last games of the season that resulted in 60 and 70 point games. Wilt was the show. The teams purpose was to give it to him as much as possible.

Jordan on the other hand provided statistical dominance along with championships. Plenty of them as well, with even better stats in the playoffs, unlike Wilt. Thanks for bring up MVP's. Russel, whom he played against has more MVP's then he does.

Disaprine
06-07-2009, 12:29 AM
+1

Manute for Ever!
06-07-2009, 12:33 AM
http://doyouwantthejuice.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/aafq036bill-russell-photofile-posters.jpg

L.Kizzle
06-07-2009, 12:41 AM
In no order:

-Wilt
-Kareem
-Magic
-Bird
Pre-Jordan, Bird and Magic had only been in the league for five seasons, they were not GOATs yet. Replace them with Oscar, Jerry and Pettit (For some reason, I feel Pettit wasn't shat only like he is now.)

daily
06-07-2009, 12:44 AM
Kareem was and still is the GOAT in my book. Even moreso when you include college and high schoolWinner! This is the correct answer.

plowking
06-07-2009, 03:28 AM
Winner! This is the correct answer.

Says the Laker fan...

Shep
06-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Funny, because if I remember correctly, basketball is about winning, not putting up awesome stats. Might as well put down Pistol Pete as one of the best ever then.
yes, ofcourse basketball is about winning. but basketball is a team sport, if your team is not good enough you will not win, its that simple. unfortunately for wilt, he played in the same era of the greatest dynasty in pro sports history, that being the boston celtics.

Wilt couldn't do what is considered to be the main point of any sport. Win.
wilt couldn't win? :roll: 2 championships, and 11 conference finals appearances say otherwise

Look at the Spurs, when they wanted Robinson to get as many points as he wanted in a night, he was able to get 71.
a night. 1 night. nobody in nba history could take the beatings wilt took and play the minutes he played night, night out. you think just because someone does it 1 night he could do it for 82 games? :roll: pathetic.

Not to mention other scoring battles in the last games of the season that resulted in 60 and 70 point games. Wilt was the show. The teams purpose was to give it to him as much as possible.
this was the teams only chance at winning games.

Jordan on the other hand provided statistical dominance along with championships
how many hall of famers on one team did jordan have to go through?

Plenty of them as well, with even better stats in the playoffs, unlike Wilt.
check where wilt played his most playoff games - after he stopped scoring and started concentrated on defense and rebounding - which obviously brings his career playoff numbers down from his career regular season numbers.

Thanks for bring up MVP's. Russel, whom he played against has more MVP's then he does.
russell deserved 1 mvp, and that was 2 years before wilt had stepped onto a nba court

plowking
06-07-2009, 10:58 AM
yes, ofcourse basketball is about winning. but basketball is a team sport, if your team is not good enough you will not win, its that simple. unfortunately for wilt, he played in the same era of the greatest dynasty in pro sports history, that being the boston celtics.

wilt couldn't win? :roll: 2 championships, and 11 conference finals appearances say otherwise

a night. 1 night. nobody in nba history could take the beatings wilt took and play the minutes he played night, night out. you think just because someone does it 1 night he could do it for 82 games? :roll: pathetic.

this was the teams only chance at winning games.

check where wilt played his most playoff games - after he stopped scoring and started concentrated on defense and rebounding - which obviously brings his career playoff numbers down from his career regular season numbers.

russell deserved 1 mvp, and that was 2 years before wilt had stepped onto a nba court

You said it yourself. Once Wilt stopped caring about scoring, that's when he started to win.

No, scoring 50 a game is not the way to get your team to win. Jordan, Bird, Magic and so on made their teammates better.

Shep
06-08-2009, 11:03 AM
You said it yourself. Once Wilt stopped caring about scoring, that's when he started to win.
wilt always cared about winning, its just that wilt could score better than anyone in nba history, and that was his teams best chance of winning early in his career. later in his career he was surrounded with alot of scorers, so he didn't have to do alot of scoring and he could concentrate on other things.

No, scoring 50 a game is not the way to get your team to win. Jordan, Bird, Magic and so on made their teammates better.
wilt didn't make his teammates better? :lol the question should rather be which of wilts teammates didn't benefit from having wilt there

cdbleb
06-08-2009, 02:54 PM

Cant really say for sure...Not all players from Jordans era who will make the Hall of Fame have been inducted yet. For example, if Dennis Rodman makes it then that would make 3 on the Pistons who Jordan had to go through. Theres also Indiana who had Chris Mullin, Reggie Miller and Mark Jackson in 97/98 who could all possibly have a case to get in. Youre comparing players who have had 30+ years to get in with some guys who have been out of the league for less than 10. In the late 80s the Knicks had Ewing, Mark Jackson, Kiki Vandewegh (sp?) and Rod Strickland (I know they wont all make it but none of them can be 100% counted out yet either). Theres no telling what the voters might do in 20-30 years...Atlanta from either 96 or 97 might have had 4 if the voters feel generous HIGHLY doubtful but Steve Smith, Mookie Blaylock, Christian Laettner, and Dikembe Mutombo. I know thats a HUGE stretch but really, is it even worth asking when theres a 20+ year difference between the players and some of the guys Jordan faced are still in the league?

If anything your question gives Jordan the advantage because of the possibilities of players who MIGHT get in. Youre asking that question about 15 years too early.

bruceblitz
06-08-2009, 02:59 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/allstar2007/kareem_wilt_0215.jpg

I definitely would have to go with Kareem!

KAREEM ABDUL JABBAR
6 MVP awards, won championships with both Oscar Robertson and Magic Johnson, member of 6 championship teams, 2 Finals MVP's, 2 time scoring champ, 19 time all-star, all time NBA leading scorer for total points, 34.8ppg career high in the 71-72 season (also averaged 4.6 assists and 16.6 rebounds that year), averaged 5 assists per game or more for 3 seasons, averaged 16 rebounds or more for 4 seasons, made 56% of his shots for his career, the sky hook was UNSTOPPABLE! Kareem averaged 32ppg, 17reb, 4ast, on 50% shooting in the playoffs in his prime.

With Wilt right behind him. Not by much.
WILT CHAMBERLAIN
7'1" 275lbs of pure beast, had a season averaging 24.3ppg, 23.8reb, 8.6ast in 1967-68, averaged over 20 rebounds per game for 11 seasons of his career, peaked out at 27.2 rebounds per game in 1960-61 while scoring 38.4ppg, averaged 50.4ppg on 50.6% shooting in the 1961-62 season, averaged 30.10 for his career on 54% shooting, made 72.7 of his shots in his final season in the NBA, his skill-set was amazing, featuring a fadeaway that was unstoppable along with his power moves in the post. The NBA did not record steals and blocks in that era. Wilt also won 7 scoring titles. Wilt averaged 35ppg, 25reb, 3ast, on 49% shooting in the playoffs in his prime.

White Chocolate
06-09-2009, 12:53 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/allstar2007/kareem_wilt_0215.jpg

The scary part is Wilt is around 50 years old in that pic and is still f*ckin jacked. :eek:

Shep
06-09-2009, 09:45 AM
cdbleb
you're comparing the atlanta hawks to the dynasty celtics? thats about enough out of you.

Silverbullit
06-09-2009, 10:09 AM

Year/Regular Season/Playoffs/Difference

1959-60 / 37.6 / 33.2 / -4.4
1960-61 / 38.4 / 37.0 / -1.4
1961-62 / 50.4 / 35.0 / -15.4
1962-63 / 44.8
1963-64 / 36.9 / 34.7 / -2.2
1964-65 / 34.7 / 29.3 / -5.4
1965-66 / 33.5 / 28.0 / -5.5
1966-67 / 24.1 / 21.7 / -2.4
1967-68 / 24.3 / 23.7 / -0.6
1968-69 / 20.5 / 13.9 / -6.6
1969-70 / 27.3 / 22.1 / -5.2
1970-71 / 20.7 / 18.3 / -2.4
1971-72 / 14.8 / 14.7 / -0.1
1972-73 / 13.2 / 10.4 / -2.8

Wilt's scoring playoff numbers dropped in every single year of his career, compared to regular season.

JtotheIzzo
06-09-2009, 10:11 AM

how do you sleep at night?

JtotheIzzo
06-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Year/Regular Season/Playoffs/Difference

1959-60 / 37.6 / 33.2 / -4.4
1960-61 / 38.4 / 37.0 / -1.4
1961-62 / 50.4 / 35.0 / -15.4
1962-63 / 44.8
1963-64 / 36.9 / 34.7 / -2.2
1964-65 / 34.7 / 29.3 / -5.4
1965-66 / 33.5 / 28.0 / -5.5
1966-67 / 24.1 / 21.7 / -2.4
1967-68 / 24.3 / 23.7 / -0.6
1968-69 / 20.5 / 13.9 / -6.6
1969-70 / 27.3 / 22.1 / -5.2
1970-71 / 20.7 / 18.3 / -2.4
1971-72 / 14.8 / 14.7 / -0.1
1972-73 / 13.2 / 10.4 / -2.8

Wilt's scoring playoff numbers dropped in every single year of his career, compared to regular season.

there are many reasons why this stat can be misinterpreted

Johnni Gade
06-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Kareem's skyhook, oh yes. Those were the days.

cdbleb
06-09-2009, 10:51 AM
you're comparing the atlanta hawks to the dynasty celtics? thats about enough out of you.

Is that what I did there? I guess I missed it because I thought I was merely answering your question.

You asked how many HoF players did Jordan have to go through on one team, right? By mentioning the possibility of the Hawks having multiple HoFers I guess I didnt realize that meant they would be right up there next to the Celtics dynasty.

Next time try to remember where the conversation stemmed from before you make assumptions..."Thats about enough out of you."

Shep
06-10-2009, 10:27 AM
i've already destroyed this. playoff games after he chose to stop scoring = 108. playoff gamed before he choose to stop scoring = 52. wilt averaged 33ppg in the playoff during the years when he chose to be the main scorer.

Is that what I did there? I guess I missed it because I thought I was merely answering your question.
see thats where you are mistaken. first of all i do not ask questions, because i know all the answers, so there is no need for me to be asking questions. that should've been your first query as to "is this a real question"? and secondly, the question i proposed was of the rhetorical nature, for obvious reasons. for example: none of those teams michael jordan faced will ever have close to as many people in the hall of fame as those celtics had.

You asked how many HoF players did Jordan have to go through on one team, right? By mentioning the possibility of the Hawks having multiple HoFers I guess I didnt realize that meant they would be right up there next to the Celtics dynasty.
destroyed

Next time try to remember where the conversation stemmed from before you make assumptions
i don't make assumptions, i don't assume anything, and i don't make mistakes. i see you're new around here..well i'll give you the heads up - if you see me post, from now on you will know that it is pure fact. nothing more.

..."Thats about enough out of you."
destroyed

cdbleb
06-10-2009, 02:04 PM
i've already destroyed this. playoff games after he chose to stop scoring = 108. playoff gamed before he choose to stop scoring = 52. wilt averaged 33ppg in the playoff during the years when he chose to be the main scorer.

see thats where you are mistaken. first of all i do not ask questions, because i know all the answers, so there is no need for me to be asking questions. that should've been your first query as to "is this a real question"? and secondly, the question i proposed was of the rhetorical nature, for obvious reasons. for example: none of those teams michael jordan faced will ever have close to as many people in the hall of fame as those celtics had.

destroyed

i don't make assumptions, i don't assume anything, and i don't make mistakes. i see you're new around here..well i'll give you the heads up - if you see me post, from now on you will know that it is pure fact. nothing more.

destroyed

Ok so allow me to make sure I got this right...You dont ask questions, you dont make assumptions, and you only post fact, right?

How is it posting "fact" by quoting something I said then simply responding with "destroyed"? The FACT that you just responded with nothing on topic and only wanted to ASSUME that anything you were saying was worth while just further proved my initial thought that you are full of sh*t.

Shep
06-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Ok so allow me to make sure I got this right...You dont ask questions, you dont make assumptions, and you only post fact, right?

this is correct

How is it posting "fact" by quoting something I said then simply responding with "destroyed"? The FACT that you just responded with nothing on topic and only wanted to ASSUME that anything you were saying was worth while just further proved my initial thought that you are full of sh*t.
how am i responding with nothing on topic? every one of my posts has been on topic. i responded to one of your quotes with "destroyed" because those details had already been dealt with accordingly in the previous paragraph.

Rasheed1
06-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Wilt Chamberlain