PDA

View Full Version : June 7: Magic @ Lakers, Game 2 (NBA Finals)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

momo
06-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Lakes win.

Avaj
:hammertime:

Nice job Lakers!!!

bigkingsfan
You're down by 3 ... not 2. You foul here.
I'd rather take a chance at playing good defense and possibly get a rebound with a tick left. 5 point game is pretty much game over.

Indian guy
Ain't nothing like the luxury of having a great big man on your team. Gasol flat out won this game for LA with his play on both ends of the court.

That, and the blatant ref-help, of course.

Micku
I didn't like that foul. They should've just played good D.

jmill
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Running Above Expectation At The Free Throw Line

Lets ****ing Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

qrich
Steve Javie is the worst official in the entire NBA. Not Crawford, not Bavetta and not Palmer (well, before she left), but Javie. Anytime I see him officiating, I turn the game off, unless its the playoffs or my squad.

Regardless, Lakers took advantage and took the game. Magic need to win 3 in a row, or its done.

RocketGreatness
Good job LA.

Me and Shaq are like this right now.... :banana:

FlipJuicyChic
06-07-2009, 11:08 PM
:hammertime: Congrats Lakers :hammertime:

RoseCity07
Coming up after the Kobe interview will be a touching shot of him meeting his wife and kids in an effort to make him seem like a great guy.

thejumpa
Big win for the Lakers. Too bad they had to have the refs help them so much...

Hopefully Orlando can win the next 2 at home.

Kingwillball
i'll take it!

:applause: :banana: :rockon:

Of course U will..the lakers were handed the game by the Refs and now the series is over.

Static Age
jj redick should be bagging groceries somewhere

I doubt he could even do that. Someone should just shoot him next time he does something like that.... So next game he plays get ya guns ready

Legend of Josh
Good effort Orlando... LakeShow just played better in OT. Wow... I don't know. I'm sure I'll watch Game 3 and so on... but 90%+ chance Lakers win this series.

Los Angles Lakers = 2009 NBA Champions. Lakers, Finals MVP. Congrats Kobe... you can now have your cake and eat it too.

Tough love Delight... I'm sure you'll return to this stage... one day.

Disaprine
06-07-2009, 11:09 PM
orlando choked in this game, but a win is a win :cheers:

RedBlackAttack
Lakers played well in overtime. I feel like the officials had WAY too big a role in the final 5 minutes of the fourth quarter. There were several horrific calls in a row that went against Orlando.

The game was exciting at the end. I just wish the officials didn't have such a huge impact. Oh well... Such is the NBA.

Kingwillball
Big win for the Lakers. Too bad they had to have the refs help them so much...

Hopefully Orlando can win the next 2 at home.

They have to win next 3 at home..or series is over remember 2-3-2 format ?

qrich
I'd rather take a chance at playing good defense and possibly get a rebound with a tick left. 5 point game is pretty much game over.

Not if you have 2 time outs in your back pocket. Why don't the Magic use them, I don't get it.

They draw up such great ATO plays, should use all of the ones you have to waste.

brandonislegend
Coming up after the Kobe interview will be a touching shot of him meeting his wife and kids in an effort to make him seem like a great guy.

Not fishing with the blazers?

YAWN
lamar odom, player of the game. hope he keeps showing up. key to the victory tonight.

ThaWarrior
or maybe he loves his family idiot.

RoseCity07
Yep, I called it to a T.

GUUS
Hedo will get the calls at home. I hope-but still i want lakers to win

I JUST WANT THE DAMN OFFICIALS TO CALL THINGS FAIR, TURK DIDNT FOUL FISH

NBASTATMAN
Yup him and Odom were the main reasons Lakers won this game. That is the Biggest diff between Lebron and Kobe..the supporting cast.

THE REFS SHOULD BE THE PLAYERS OF THE GAME.. Or ODOM... He made some clutch frees..

oh the horror
lol at the haters. This one must hurt really bad.

thejumpa

HAHAH they just showed it....

Anybody here Kobe say "they won't beat us" when talking about being up 2-0?

justin43
Handed by the refs?:confusedshrug: I need examples.

D'evil One
06-07-2009, 11:10 PM
Bye bye haters. Time for the conspiracy theories to begin. and 3....2....1..

The US government obviously wants the lakers to win. It is well known that refs were recruited by the CIA on Feb 15, 2009. They were given specific instructions to not call a foul in overtime on ariza guarding Hedo. If they did there would be a catastrophic chain of events that would lead to the destruction of mankind.

Oh, and the aliens probed JJ Redick to make sure he missed that last 3.

kareem
06-07-2009, 11:12 PM
It wasnt a clear 3...Shard foot was inches from being on the line. Stop acting silly kids.

was millimeters from being on the line.

YAWN
06-07-2009, 11:13 PM
Post Game Conference streaming here:

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2009/live1/

NBASTATMAN
06-07-2009, 11:13 PM
Kobe got 6 free throws in the last 3 minutes of the game.. Were any of those fouls?

bigkingsfan
06-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Not if you have 2 time outs in your back pocket. Why don't the Magic use them, I don't get it.

They draw up such great ATO plays, should use all of the ones you have to waste.
They only had one timeout left, that's why they didn't call one after the Ft.

RocketGreatness
i know. man that sucks. 2-0 is nice though. thanx bai

stop!

He's a Major Laker hater, who's bitter that LeBron has gone fishing early. He said the Nuggets would win in 6. :oldlol:

amfirst
Hedo will get the calls at home. I hope-but still i want lakers to win

I JUST WANT THE DAMN OFFICIALS TO CALL THINGS FAIR, TURK DIDNT FOUL FISH

He was moving and Fisher draw the foul. Denver did that a lot to the Lakers and got the same call. Refs being consitant.

Lakers13
06-07-2009, 11:15 PM
2-0 baby.

and shut up about the refs, they blew calls on both sides, and they sure as hell didnt miss the Magic's last shots to tie the game in OT or win the game in the 4th.

lolwut
the officials can't be blamed for this loss

they were awful, and Orlando couldn't get a call taking it to the basket to save their lives

but this game was lost on the first several possessions of OT. JJ Redick? Huge fail.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan

r u a girl??? u sure behave like 1

NBASTATMAN
i know. man that sucks. 2-0 is nice though. thanx bai

stop...
hammertime!

Lakers were also given the 2000 title and the 2002 title..

chopchop20
06-07-2009, 11:16 PM
I see there are a lot of sore losers in here. Howard sticks his hand through the hoop on Pau's 1st shot of the game -- no goaltending call. If the Lakers had lost by 2 points you guys wouldn't have nothing to say. The Lakers were in a far worse foul situation than Orlando

amfirst
Howard got some phamtom calls down the stretch. What about the ball knock out of Kobe's hands and ref call out on Lakers?

I can do this all day. :confusedshrug:

konex
I think this game took a year off my life :roll:

qrich
They only had one timeout left, that's why they didn't call one after the Ft.

Ah, but still, that second to last play in regulation, they had all their time outs IIRC, should've used one.

RocketGreatness

they were awful, and Orlando couldn't get a call taking it to the basket to save their lives

but this game was lost on the first several possessions of OT. JJ Redick? Huge fail.
Officials gave a lot of bad calls to the Lakers down the stretch as well in the 4th especially.

Dwight is being exposed again, Flavor of the week down the drain.

chopchop20
Fish and Odom deserve Co-MVP's... C minus effort for Kobe -- looking for much better in Game 3

justin43
06-07-2009, 11:17 PM
Anyway, Lamar Odom is the hero of this game. Nice hard-fought win Lakers. Game 3 is going to be very interesting.

derman
we need gifs for those calls kobe got to shot the 6 Ft in the last min of regular time

Static Age
JJ is a pure donk, he should be out of the rotation.

I wonder if that missed buzzer by Lee is gonna mess him up a bit. That can't be good conifdence for a rookie to essentially lose the game because of it.
My eyes will be on him in game 3.

Ken_Masters
This game should have never went to OT. I'm shocked and apalled at the calls the Lakers were getting down the stretch in regulation. That was some LeBron James/Dwyane Wade type calls that the Lakers were getting.

NBASTATMAN
06-07-2009, 11:19 PM

the game would not have gone to overtime if not for the refs.. Redick stunk it up but alston would have done the same.. How many calls did turk get in overtime?.. LOL..

GUUS
I doubt he could even do that. Someone should just shoot him next time he does something like that.... So next game he plays get ya guns ready
hey havent you seen the adverts, he has the greatest shot in nba history

Legend of Josh
This game should have never went to OT. I'm shocked and apalled at the calls the Lakers were getting down the stretch in regulation. That was some LeBron James/Dwyane Wade type calls that the Lakers were getting.

Hey, why don't you just man-up already and play me in some HD remix.

amfirst
Kobe did what he had to do. They were doubling him, so he passed instead of forcing the shots. That's the maturity I see in his game.

Ken_Masters
That offensive foul on Hedo was one of the worst calls i've ever seen. He uses that move all the time. It's called a step back-pull up. Everybody uses that move.

Jorn444Lakers
06-07-2009, 11:20 PM
I'm through with the NBA. This blatant favoritism of officiating is disgusting. This game should have NEVER gone to overtime. Three straight bailout calls for Kobe, three straight. Orlando deserved to win this in overtime. Even the pro Laker duo of JVG and Mark Jackson said something about it. Then the bullsh*t calls in overtime. That was NO foul on Hedo when Derek Fisher drove, if anything it was an offensive foul. Nobody touched Gasol on the and one. Meanwhile Hedo Turkoglu is getting the sh*t hacked out of him on every play and no call. This is beyond ridiculous. No team can ever win a close game against LA unless they're playing a 200% perfect game.
http://www.banklawyersblog.com/.a/6a00d8341c652b53ef01156f777a8a970c-800wi

NBASTATMAN

Wrong .. Lebron never got calls vs the SPURS in 07.. On the contrary , he got fouled at the end of game 3 and didn't get the call.. THIS IS THE FINALS... Not some home game in december.. Man the refs suck..

Lakers13
the game would not have gone to overtime if not for the refs.. Redick stunk it up but alston would have done the same.. How many calls did turk get in overtime?.. LOL..

Your right, the refs blew that lay up by Courtney Lee.....

Ken_Masters
06-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Hey, why don't you just man-up already and play me in some HD remix.

Huh?

YAWN
06-07-2009, 11:21 PM
That offensive foul on Hedo was one of the worst calls i've ever seen. He uses that move all the time. It's called a step back-pull up. Everybody uses that move.

if its the play im thinking of, he got full extension on his arm with the push off. usually if its subtle they let it go, but if you extend your whole arm on the push they call it. that ones pretty consistent.

KOBEtherealKing
06-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Kobe got 6 free throws in the last 3 minutes of the game.. Were any of those fouls?

actually last 3 mins of the game in OT kobe only got 1.

the refs made ALOT of mistake in this game.

derman
the refs helped the Fakers alot in the last 4 min of regular time

how was that at offensive foul by hedo at 3:17 left in the 4th ? 2 points stolen by the refs in crunch time.

chopchop20
I think this game took a year off my life :roll:

Dude u aint lying! Man... I watched the game without drinking any alcohol -- I don't remember the last big Laker game when I did that.

This one had me sweating because I think we have a good chance of sweeping

kap
crying on forums wont get you no where.

i agree kobe got bailed out multiple times, but then again, so did the magics. i can go on and on about the refs, but bottom line: whats done is done

Allstar24
06-07-2009, 11:23 PM
LOL at the irony of Cavs fans whining about the refs. You should be bowing down to the refs. The Cavs received the benefit of every call vs the Magic, the refs heavily favored them.

Anyway...14 down, 2 to go!

Go Lakers!

Faberg
they always do that idiot. they have to check.
No ****. Twas a troll post, dumbass. :oldlol:

NBASTATMAN
GASOL OUTCLASSED DHOWARD IN THE FINAL GAME OF THE OLYMPICS AND HE IS DOING IT AGAIN... I guess Gasol is pretty good.. Where are the GASOL HATERS... :lol

GUUS
Did Nelson get hurt? why didnt they turn to him in clutch time ahead of Duke All American?

KOBEtherealKing
the refs were stupid in this game, i wanted to punch that black ref.

YAWN
06-07-2009, 11:24 PM
No ****. Twas a troll post, dumbass. :oldlol:
:lol

Ken_Masters
06-07-2009, 11:24 PM
if its the play im thinking of, he got full extension on his arm with the push off. usually if its subtle they let it go, but if you extend your whole arm on the push they call it. that ones pretty consistent.

I'd love to see a replay of that one. I'm sure he didn't get full extension. That's Hedo's go-to-move. I've seen him use that move a thousand times with no offensive foul being called. I never see that get called.

NBASTATMAN
06-07-2009, 11:25 PM
LOL at the irony of Cavs fans whining about the refs. You should be bowing down to the refs. The Cavs received the benefit of every call vs the Magic, the refs heavily favored them.

Anyway...14 down, 2 to go!

Go Lakers!

Well they just gave the lakers this game..

Shaquille O'Neal
06-07-2009, 11:26 PM
The game was handed to LA in the last few minutes of the 4th quarter by the refs. Period. Anyone who says otherwise is a homer. Orlando was getting hammered driving to the basket and not getting calls. Kobe falls down and it's 2 shots.
I will not be renewing my NBA league pass. The team that played the best in regulation did not win tonight.

amfirst
06-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Trust me Hedo pushed off, even the commentators said it was a good call.

justin43
06-07-2009, 11:27 PM
:oldlol: at blaming the refs. The refs were bad on both sides of the floor. That supposed goaltend by Gasol had zero chance of going in the first place. If the ball have hit the middle of the basket instead of the outside of the rim then the goaltend would have been called. The Magic just lost a game that they should have won if it weren't for some bad possessions by a certain Magic.:banghead:

NBASTATMAN
06-07-2009, 11:28 PM

Wow ... A LAKER fan writing the truth.. Nice to see.. Props to you.. All I want is a fair series.. Lakers vs denver was very fair.. Sure Kobe will get his calls but clear non fouls were called in the 4th quarter....

OldSchoolBBall
06-07-2009, 11:28 PM
The last 6:00 of the 4th and OT was one of the biggest travesties of officiating ever. First, Ariza is mugging Turkoglu ALL NIGHT (especially in the 4th and OT) and never gets called for it. Then, Kobe gets a couple of very questionable fouls called for him when the Magic were on the verge of taking a substantial lead.

I really couldn't believe that the refs allowed Ariza to mug and bear hug Turk all night with no calls. Amazing. Dude couldn't even get over a screen. Then they throw him a bone in garbage time in OT when the game is already decided and give him a call. :oldlol: Terrible.

Esoteric
06-07-2009, 11:29 PM

Black ref? You are a racist sir.

YAWN
06-07-2009, 11:29 PM
I'd love to see a replay of that one. I'm sure he didn't get full extension. That's Hedo's go-to-move. I've seen him use that move a thousand times with no offensive foul being called. I never see that get called.

really? thats one of the only fouls i see called consistently on guys like kobe and lebron when they get the extension on the push.

Ken_Masters
06-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Trust me Hedo pushed off, even the commentators said it was a good call.

Yes, Hedo pushed off, but he did not get full extension from what i saw. That's a move i see all the time from not just Hedo, but just about every player in the league.

NBASTATMAN
The last 6:00 of the 4th and OT was one of the biggest travesties of officiating ever. First, Ariza is mugging Turkoglu ALL NIGHT (especially in the 4th and OT) and never gets called for it. Then, Kobe gets a couple of very questionable fouls called for him when the Magic were on the verge of taking a substantial lead.

I really couldn't believe that the refs allowed Ariza to mug and bear hug Turk all night with no calls. Amazing. Dude couldn't even get over a screen. Then they throw him a bone in garbage time in OT when the game is already decided and give him a call. :oldlol: Terrible.

Was that last play with GASOL TOUCHING THE RIM ON THE Lee shot a goal tend? I will also add that Mike Pietrus was in foul trouble all night..

GUUS
GASOL OUTCLASSED DHOWARD IN THE FINAL GAME OF THE OLYMPICS AND HE IS DOING IT AGAIN... I guess Gasol is pretty good.. Where are the GASOL HATERS... :lol
Yes for all the talk of the refs, this was another game that Dwight did not deliver at all.

This is Hedo and Rashard's team-imagine Hedo with superstar calls, he'd be unstoppable.

GO LAKERS~!!

Babalu
06-07-2009, 11:32 PM
The game was handed to LA in the last few minutes of the 4th quarter by the refs. Period. Anyone who says otherwise is a homer. Orlando was getting hammered driving to the basket and not getting calls. Kobe falls down and it's 2 shots.
I will not be renewing my NBA league pass. The team that played the best in regulation did not win tonight.

Lakers were also given the 2000 title and the 2002 title..

I just want a fair series.. This game has been given to the lakers.. Clear non fouls were called for Kobe.. While turk was being mugged he never got a call..

I'm through with the NBA. This blatant favoritism of officiating is disgusting. This game should have NEVER gone to overtime. Three straight bailout calls for Kobe, three straight. Orlando deserved to win this in overtime. Even the pro Laker duo of JVG and Mark Jackson said something about it. Then the bullsh*t calls in overtime. That was NO foul on Hedo when Derek Fisher drove, if anything it was an offensive foul. Nobody touched Gasol on the and one. Meanwhile Hedo Turkoglu is getting the sh*t hacked out of him on every play and no call. This is beyond ridiculous. No team can ever win a close game against LA unless they're playing a 200% perfect game.

how was that at offensive foul by hedo at 3:17 left in the 4th ? 2 points stolen by the refs in crunch time.

http://www.e-imagesite.com/Files/kobetears6553120.JPG

NBASTATMAN
06-07-2009, 11:33 PM
Yes for all the talk of the refs, this was another game that Dwight did not deliver at all.

This is Hedo and Rashard's team-imagine Hedo with superstar calls, he'd be unstoppable.

GO LAKERS~!!

Hedo the turkish Mj would be as good as the top tier players in the NBA if he got the calls.. European players never get calls... Gasol doesn't get alot of calls he deserves as well..

kareem
06-07-2009, 11:33 PM
The US government obviously wants the lakers to win. It is well known that refs were recruited by the CIA on Feb 15, 2009. They were given specific instructions to not call a foul in overtime on ariza guarding Hedo. If they did there would be a catastrophic chain of events that would lead to the destruction of mankind.

Oh, and the aliens probed JJ Redick to make sure he missed that last 3.

not only The US government wants the lakers to win ,
most governments of the world want the lakers to win
most people arround the world want the lakers to win
you have to accept that lakers is the best bb team ever
man look at how many posts in InsideHoops NBA Team Forums
all team forums have between 2000 to 20,000 posts.
guess how many lakers forum have ? 60,000 ? 80,000 ? 100,000 ? no
lakers is the team of the world , people just love it and will defend it
i know that u r not a hater and i like most of ur posts

chopchop20
06-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Orlando should be blaming Courtney Lee -- He missed 2 EASY shots in the paint within the final minute of regulation

amfirst
06-07-2009, 11:35 PM
not only The US government wants the lakers to win ,
most governments of the world want the lakers to win
most people arround the world want the lakers to win
you have to accept that lakers is the best bb team ever
man look at how many posts in InsideHoops NBA Team Forums
all team forums have between 2000 to 20,000 posts.
guess how many lakers forum have ? 60,000 ? 80,000 ? 100,000 ? no
lakers is the team of the world , people just love it and will defend it
i know that u r not a hater and i like most of ur posts

No.. I think the Magics just want the Lakers to win.

NBASTATMAN
06-07-2009, 11:35 PM
http://www.e-imagesite.com/Files/kobetears6553120.JPG

IT SHOULD READ

THE REFS NOURISH ME...

kobesabi
06-07-2009, 11:36 PM
man...bynum has only 1 rebound while howard has 16 rebounds...embarassing

thatoneblackguy
06-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Magic will bring it but so will Lakers.

Lakers by 8.
Off by 3.

:pimp:

NBASTATMAN
06-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Orlando should be blaming Courtney Lee -- He missed 2 EASY shots in the paint within the final minute of regulation

Those are hard shots for a rookie.. Still he should have made one of those... GASOL HIT THE RIM ON THAT SHOT.. Is that a goal tend?

LA_Showtime
06-07-2009, 11:38 PM
I love when you guys complain. Half of you aren't even Magic fans.

Who's the worst on this board? My vote goes for Bruceblitz or NBAStatman.

mmsupra
bottom line WE turned the ball over wayyyy 2 much done the stretch.

Bodhi

Don't be a homer. It was the refs fault.

kobesabi
06-07-2009, 11:39 PM
He's a rookie, you expect him to play like LeBron?

GUUS
06-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Was that last play with GASOL TOUCHING THE RIM ON THE Lee shot a goal tend? I will also add that Mike Pietrus was in foul trouble all night..
Gasol didnt even touch the ball, his fingers barely hit the inside of the rim and he didnt mean it, if he tapped the ball out or something it would have been a goaltend, as it was it was a good noncall. Pau obviously didnt mean it.

If the refs did give that goal tend it would have been the worst decision in finals history, ending a game like that=retarded

GOBB
06-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Barry is right. Dwight lower base isnt strong when he tries to post up. He also lacks moves especially a go to move. And to make things worse not much in terms of facing the basket like a Gasol, Tim Duncan have. Even Yao has a jumper to make you honest. Dwight has work offensively.

GOBB
06-07-2009, 11:41 PM
He's a rookie, you expect him to play like LeBron?

That is no excuse. He is expected to make those plays.

IcanzIIravor
06-07-2009, 11:41 PM

You'll be missed. :lol

YAWN
06-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Those are hard shots for a rookie.. Still he should have made one of those... GASOL HIT THE RIM ON THAT SHOT.. Is that a goal tend?

not under that circumstance, did you not hear them read off the excerpt from the rule book on the call?

GUUS
06-07-2009, 11:43 PM
Hedo the turkish Mj would be as good as the top tier players in the NBA if he got the calls.. European players never get calls... Gasol doesn't get alot of calls he deserves as well..
I agree Hedo would be on par with Lebron and Kobe and Wade if he got the superstar calls, but the league doesn't want to show that some Turkish guy is just as good as the American stars with huge contracts, it's like Europeans are doomed to be roleplayers even if they have the game of a superstar like Hedo or Dirk.

But Hedo, he doesn't get rattled by anything. Incredible

GOBB
06-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Pau Gasol on Lee shot "My hand got caught in the rim so I couldnt block the shot."

hahahahahaaaa

NBASTATMAN
man...bynum has only 1 rebound while howard has 16 rebounds...embarassing

Bynum was in foul trouble.. Still he played decent defense when he was in the game.. Look at alston airballing wide open shots.. :wtf:

Babalu

We'll give you those 2 points if you give us the 2 points in the 1st quarter where howard very obviously went THROUGH the rim to block the shot and nothing was called.

NBASTATMAN
06-07-2009, 11:45 PM
We'll give you those 2 points if you give us the 2 points in the 1st quarter where howard very obviously went THROUGH the rim to block the shot and nothing was called.

I just wanted to know.. You are correct though.. That Gasol shot should have been 2 pts.. Still Kobe got 3 fouls on clear non fouls.. Even the announcers stated this.. I guess this is the NBA..

kobesabi
06-07-2009, 11:46 PM
That is no excuse. He is expected to make those plays.
That's like expecting Sasha Vujacic to make the shots throughout the entire season.

NBASTATMAN
06-07-2009, 11:47 PM
I agree Hedo would be on par with Lebron and Kobe and Wade if he got the superstar calls, but the league doesn't want to show that some Turkish guy is just as good as the American stars with huge contracts, it's like Europeans are doomed to be roleplayers even if they have the game of a superstar like Hedo or Dirk.

Hedo has developed into a supreme clutch player... Imagine with superstar calls.. He would be unstoppable..

jmill
06-07-2009, 11:47 PM
Wow ... A LAKER fan writing the truth.. Nice to see.. Props to you.. All I want is a fair series.. Lakers vs denver was very fair.. Sure Kobe will get his calls but clear non fouls were called in the 4th quarter....

Uhh, problem is there were some awful calls going against the Lakers.

That last "turnover" by Kobe wasn't a turnover at all, the ball never touched his leg and was out on Hedo. Of course they don't reveiew it.

And don't really have to say anything about this one. They should NEVER get stuff like this wrong.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8127/nbac.jpg

mmsupra
06-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Hedo has developed into a supreme clutch player... Imagine with superstar calls.. He would be unstoppable..

:lol

IcanzIIravor

:lol Get out of here with this talk.

mongePR(kb24)

you guys are saying that hedo is actually equal to kobe/lebron/wade ? That guy averaged 16 pts on 41% this season, what are you talking about ? He is 6-10 and never got more than 5 rebounds per game? lol.

GUUS
I just wanted to know.. You are correct though.. That Gasol shot should have been 2 pts.. Still Kobe got 3 fouls on clear non fouls.. Even the announcers stated this.. I guess this is the NBA..
it is the nba, super stars get bailed out, dont you remember 4 seconds left, Lebron drives, trips on his feet and loses the ball then Pietrus gets fouled and Lebron gets two freethrows to tie the game? That would never happen in Euroleagues.

jmill

At least Gasol didn't affect the shot, Howard literally stuck his arm through the goal and prevented the ball from going in. Just an awful awful call.

kobesabi
Bynum was in foul trouble.. Still he played decent defense when he was in the game.. Look at alston airballing wide open shots.. :wtf:
Yes, I know. I saw. But rebounds? That has nothing to do with foul trouble. He just gotta be a little more energetic.

GUUS
06-07-2009, 11:52 PM
you guys are saying that hedo is actually equal to kobe/lebron/wade ? That guy averaged 16 pts on 41% this season, what are you talking about ? He is 6-10 and never got more than 5 rebounds per game? lol.
yes cuz he's a team player.

Did you watch the game just now? Did you see how he was taking over? If he got the foul calls he deserved, Magic might have won. I don't see Lebron or Kobe taking over at the end of finals games like Hedo does.

IcanzIIravor
06-07-2009, 11:54 PM
yes cuz he's a team player.

Did you watch the game just now? Did you see how he was taking over? If he got the foul calls he deserved, Magic might have won. I don't see Lebron or Kobe taking over at the end of finals games like Hedo does.

:lol Comedy hour now.

NBASTATMAN
06-07-2009, 11:55 PM
Yes, I know. I saw. But rebounds? That has nothing to do with foul trouble. He just gotta be a little more energetic.

Brotha got a bad leg.. He is doing a decent job of defending DHOWARD..

NBASTATMAN
06-07-2009, 11:57 PM

I was joking around but he would be alot better if he actually could get a call.. The guy was raped by ariza..

KenneBell
06-08-2009, 12:12 AM
:oldlol: at these guys crying.

JustinJDW
06-08-2009, 12:17 AM
I will not be renewing my NBA league pass. The team that played the best in regulation did not win tonight.The Magic kind of got screwed in regulation. They were going to win this thing, but the 2 B.S calls for Kobe and the Offensive Foul call on Hedo in the last couple of minutes cost the Magic the Game. It was a 4 Point, and possibly 6 Point Swing.

Anyone that disagrees is pretty much a homer. You can call me a crybaby all you want, but that just proves your Laker Homerness.

I am just tired of bad officiating, especially in the Finals.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
06-08-2009, 12:21 AM
I hope they continue to call BS foul on Bynum..Cause LAMAR ODOM is playing out of this world!!!!!!!!!

YAWN
06-08-2009, 12:22 AM
The Magic kind of got screwed in regulation. They were going to win this thing, but the 2 B.S calls for Kobe and the Offensive Foul call on Hedo in the last couple of minutes cost the Magic the Game. It was a 4 Point, and possibly 6 Point Swing.

Anyone that disagrees is pretty much a homer. You can call me a crybaby all you want, but that just proves your Laker Homerness.

go check out the replay gifs in bigkingsfans thread. hedo foul was clearly legit. only 1 call for kobe was questionable. and the ball out of bounds on kobe was clearly a bad call.

mmsupra
06-08-2009, 12:22 AM
:oldlol: at these guys crying.

Not me ..it was a fair game Lakers executed down the stretch and we Turned the ball over

jmill
06-08-2009, 12:23 AM

Comments like this make the win so much more satisfying.

IcanzIIravor
06-08-2009, 12:26 AM
The Magic kind of got screwed in regulation. They were going to win this thing, but the 2 B.S calls for Kobe and the Offensive Foul call on Hedo in the last couple of minutes cost the Magic the Game. It was a 4 Point, and possibly 6 Point Swing.

Is this the new thing now? If you disagree with me then you must be a fan of the team I'm complaining about? So the non Laker fans who disagree with you are suddenly Laker fans or what?

amfirst
06-08-2009, 12:41 AM

And we are tired of your whinning. :cry:

kushrenada
06-08-2009, 12:43 AM
I'm not a fan of either team, but I was pulling for Orlando the whole way. I didn't see any terrible calls in the last few minutes of the 4th and in OT. I didn't like the refs automatically giving Derek Fisher the free throws on that fast break when he probably wouldn't have made that layup but he drew the contact and it is what it is.

Courtney Lee... have fun trying to sleep on that plane ride home.

RedBlackAttack
06-08-2009, 12:43 AM
At least Gasol didn't affect the shot, Howard literally stuck his arm through the goal and prevented the ball from going in. Just an awful awful call.
That was clearly a terrible, terrible no-call and the officials would be the first to admit their mistake if they saw the replay.

However, it is a little different when all of the officials' eyes are on the ball and the game is in the balance and this happens...

http://i43.tinypic.com/iyh3k3.jpg

I'm sorry, but if that isn't a goaltend and there is a rule that explains how a player can stick his hand through the basket and slap the rim as the ball is hitting the glass, it needs to be abolished immediately. That is a goaltend in FIBA play.

Please note...I went into this series rooting for LA. The Kobe trolls annoyed me in the Game 1 thread and made me more of a neutral observer who really doesn't like either team and I really couldn't care less who wins.

But, there were several plays in the last five minutes of this game that were just terrible and this was the capper. It would absolutely suck for a Finals game to end on a goaltending call, but, at the same time, how can that possibly be allowed?

In a game decided by fractions of inches, even the slightest movement of the backboard can have a major impact on the flight and rotation of the ball. If that was a legal play, we should see guys doing it every time down floor as soon as a shot is about to make contact with the rim or glass.

D-Rose
06-08-2009, 12:46 AM
That was clearly a terrible, terrible no-call and the officials would be the first to admit their mistake if they saw the replay.

However, it is a little different when all of the officials' eyes are on the ball and the game is in the balance and this happens...

I'm sorry, but if that isn't a goaltend and there is a rule that explains how a player can stick his hand through the basket and slap the rim as the ball is hitting the glass, it needs to be abolished immediately. That is a goaltend in FIBA play.

Please note...I went into this series rooting for LA. The Kobe trolls annoyed me in the Game 1 thread and made me more of a neutral observer who really doesn't like either team and I really couldn't care less who wins.

But, there were several plays in the last five minutes of this game that were just terrible and this was the capper. It would absolutely suck for a Finals game to end on a goaltending call, but, at the same time, how can that possibly be allowed?

In a game decided by fractions of inches, even the slightest movement of the backboard can have a major impact on the flight and rotation of the ball. If that was a legal play, we should see guys doing it every time down floor as soon as a shot is about to make contact with the rim or glass.

Gasol's touch on the rim had NO effect on the shot, Courtney hit it off the glass out of the white box...not going in...Gasol's shot against Dwight was already in the hoop :lol

EllEffEll
06-08-2009, 12:46 AM
===================================
RULE NO. 11—BASKET INTERFERENCE—GOALTENDING
Section I—A Player Shall Not:
a. Touch the ball or the basket ring when the ball is using the basket ring as its lower
base or hang on the rim while the ball is passing through.
EXCEPTION: If a player near his own basket has his hand legally in contact with the
ball, it is not a violation if his contact with the ball continues after the ball enters the cylinder,
or if, in such action, he touches the basket.
b. Touch the ball when it is above the basket ring and within the imaginary cylinder.
c. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball, which has a chance to score, after it has
touched any part of the backboard above ring level, whether the ball is considered on its
upward or downward flight.
d. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball, which has a chance to score, after it has
touched the backboard below the ring level and while the ball is on its upward flight.
e. Trap the ball against the face of the backboard after it has been released. (To be a
trapped ball, three elements must exist simultaneously. The hand, the ball and the backboard
must all occur at the same time. A batted ball against the backboard is not a trapped ball.)
f. Touch any ball from within the playing area that is on its downward flight with an
opportunity to score. This is considered to be a “field goal attempt” or trying for a goal.
g. Touch the ball at any time with a hand which is through the basket ring.
h. Vibrate the rim, net or backboard so as to cause the ball to make an unnatural bounce,
or bend or move the rim to an off-center position when the ball is touching the ring or passing
through.
i. Touch the rim, net or ball while the ball is in the net, preventing it from clearing the basket.

PENALTY: If the violation is at the opponent’s basket, the offended team is awarded
two points, if the attempt is from the two point zone and three points if it is from the three
point zone. The crediting of the score and subsequent procedure is the same as if the
awarded score has resulted from the ball having gone through the basket, except that the
official shall hand the ball to a player of the team entitled to the throw-in. If the violation is
at a team’s own basket, no points can be scored and the ball is awarded to the offended team
at the free throw line extended on either sideline. If there is a violation by both teams, no
points can be scored, play shall be resumed by a jump ball between any two opponents in the
game at the center circle.
======================================
No.

vert48
06-08-2009, 12:47 AM

In a game decided by fractions of inches, even the slightest movement of the backboard can have a major impact on the flight and rotation of the ball. If that was a legal play, we should see guys doing it every time down floor as soon as a shot is about to make contact with the rim or glass.It is not goaltending according to the NBA rule book.

Here is the rule in question:

Rule 11 / Section I-A Player Shall Not:

i. Vibrate the rim or backboard so as to cause the ball to make an unnatural bounce.

KobeRules24
06-08-2009, 12:51 AM

Gasol's hand didn't affect the shot from going in, you're a tool.

monkeypox
06-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Just got back from the game... awesome. They're still undefeated when I attend games, someones got to get me season tickets.

The game was pretty dismal and only really got exciting because it was close at the end. I just knew something was off from the beginning since I watched both sides miss like five shots in a row during the pre-game shootaround.

Saw Ronny Turiaf before the game at the will-call booth trying to get in to the game. He was literally leaning in saying "can someone please get me in to the game?"

Dude that so-called goaltend didn't even make a difference since the shot wasn't going in. you want to talk about missed goaltends, what about when Howard put his hand through the net and knocked the ball out. At least they kept that consistant.

Still, worth the money to attend the game.

thuggets
06-08-2009, 01:01 AM
Uhh, problem is there were some awful calls going against the Lakers.

That last "turnover" by Kobe wasn't a turnover at all, the ball never touched his leg and was out on Hedo. Of course they don't reveiew it.

And don't really have to say anything about this one. They should NEVER get stuff like this wrong.

wow and lakers haters saying that the game was given to the lakers. stop crying this is not the wnba.:violin: :roll:

RedBlackAttack
06-08-2009, 01:02 AM
Any non-Lakers fans in here want to give me their unbiased opinion of the final play? I just want to make sure I'm not going crazy and turning into a Magic fan without even knowing it. :confusedshrug:

amfirst
06-08-2009, 01:07 AM

You have failed as a hater. A true disappointment to hater nation. :hammertime:

purple8gold
06-08-2009, 01:11 AM

O W N E D

:violin:

thuggets
06-08-2009, 01:14 AM
if the refs wanted la to win they would have called the block at the end of the 4th a foul. grow up dumbassses and learn to not be sore losers or crybabies.

Laker4Lyfe
06-08-2009, 01:16 AM
Any non-Lakers fans in here want to give me their unbiased opinion of the final play? I just want to make sure I'm not going crazy and turning into a Magic fan without even knowing it. :confusedshrug:

http://i41.tinypic.com/30jgsh1.jpg

So what do you think about this OBVIOUS lack of goal tend call?? I mean you are asking if what you think was a goal tend was actually a goal tend. In this case there is NO QUESTION that this was a goal tend with no call. What are your thoughts??

derman
06-08-2009, 01:22 AM
if the refs wanted la to win they would have called the block at the end of the 4th a foul. grow up dumbassses and learn to not be sore losers or crybabies.

turk's block was so perfect that event the refs didnt dare to call if a foul;

we should be talking about the 3 bs calls kobe got in the last 4 min which kept the Fakers in the game; when magic was threatening to pull away the refs did the job for the Fakers

thuggets
06-08-2009, 01:27 AM
turk's block was so perfect that event the refs didnt dare to call if a foul;

we should be talking about the 3 bs calls kobe got in the last 4 min which kept the Fakers in the game; when magic was threatening to pull away the refs did the job for the Fakers

you and magic fans and lakers haters
:violin: :cry: :cry: :mad:

http://www.225.ca/ivan/nov03/crybaby.jpg

me
:roll: :cheers: :oldlol: :hammertime:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/fullmulletalchemist/nelson_ha_ha.jpg

you need to grow up and stop being sore losers

crisoner
06-08-2009, 01:28 AM
Lakers win up 2-0!!!

Hater keep hating please!!!

thuggets
06-08-2009, 01:29 AM
Lakers win up 2-0!!!

Hater keep hating please!!!

yes let them hate, it makes the win so much better!!!!

magic fans and lakers haters
:violin: :cry: :cry: :mad:

http://www.225.ca/ivan/nov03/crybaby.jpg

me
:roll: :cheers: :oldlol: :hammertime:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/fullmulletalchemist/nelson_ha_ha.jpg

you need to grow up and stop being sore losers

derman
06-08-2009, 01:30 AM
the refs + Fakers win up 2-0!!!

Fixed for you :cheers:

thuggets
06-08-2009, 01:31 AM
Fixed for you :cheers:

damn another sore loser. how many haters are out there?

EllEffEll
06-08-2009, 01:32 AM
I don't give a flying "F" what FIBA would call. This is the NBA and that was not a goaltend in any way, shape or form.

You have the rules and you have the replay. I just dont see how you can feel there was a goaltend on that call. If that makes me biased, then I guess I'll live with that.

As for the series, far from over. Lakers just held serve. Three games in Orlando can swing this thing in a completely different direction.

flipogb
06-08-2009, 01:41 AM
I was walking down the street to go to my uncles house(2blks from my house), and I could tell what was going on in overtime by voices of people in their houses, guess Laker fever is in full effect

jmill
06-08-2009, 01:49 AM

FWIW, if it's in the rules then that should be called goaltending but

1. It would still only cancel out the huge blown goaltending by D12 earlier, thus the game would still go to OT.

2. At least with Gasol it didn't affect the shot, that ball wasn't going in either way, at least not imo. I'd feel alot worse if it had been like Dwights where it was blatant and 100% cost the other team two points. That would have been an awful way to end a game.

TheAnchorman
06-08-2009, 02:05 AM
Bottom line: It did not affect the shot. Anyone who claims it did is either a hardcore Magic fan or Laker hater. QQ more please.

rfm767
06-08-2009, 02:17 AM

Sorry but, it is quite clear that you did not came into this series rooting for LA..., so i won't be noting that.

revan
06-08-2009, 02:18 AM
People act like Gasol stuck his hand through the net and swatted it away, oh wait...

momo
06-08-2009, 02:25 AM
Not me ..it was a fair game Lakers executed down the stretch and we Turned the ball over

Props. Repped.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
06-08-2009, 02:25 AM
With .9 tick left..Tie score..LA should be up by 2 pts anyways..Howard goal tending on Gasol shot was BS!!

Doranku
06-08-2009, 02:32 AM

It didn't even affect the shot. Quit *****ing, and LOL @ you throwing in that you were rooting for the Lakers at the beginning of the series. Give me a break, you're just another LeBron homer deep down and it kills you to see Kobe on the brink of a 4th championship and 1st finals MVP. Dwight's missed call on the goal-tend was way more obvious and blatant and actually cost the Lakers two points because Gasol's shot was going in. Why aren't you complaining about that? Oh, that's right, because you're a biased hater. My apologies.

Allstar24
06-08-2009, 02:32 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Being a Cavs fan, you have no right to complain about the officiating. The officiating in that series was the worst I've seen in the playoffs, with majority of the calls favoring James and the Cavs.

Anyway props to the real Magic fans for keeping it classy.

rfm767
06-08-2009, 02:38 AM
It didn't even affect the shot. Quit *****ing, and LOL @ you throwing in that you were rooting for the Lakers at the beginning of the series. Give me a break, you're just another LeBron homer deep down and it kills you to see Kobe on the brink of a 4th championship and 1st finals MVP. Dwight's missed call on the goal-tend was way more obvious and blatant and actually cost the Lakers two points because Gasol's shot was going in. Why aren't you complaining about that? Oh, that's right, because you're a biased hater. My apologies.

LOL yea, obviously he was trying to make his argument look stronger and unbiased by stating he came to this series rooting for LA -= F A I L =- :lol

rfm767
06-08-2009, 02:46 AM

edit: Please note...I went into this series rooting for everything that is againts LA. But Kobe fans annoyed me in the Game 1 thread and made me even more of a biased hater who really doesn't like the lakers and have completely lost the last drop of racional judgement.

raptorfan_dr07
06-08-2009, 02:47 AM

Yeah it probably should have been called according to rules, but the way I see it, it balanced out because Dwight should have gotten called for that in the first quarter. Also, Courtney Lee hit it too hard off the glass, I don't think it ever had a chance of going in regardless of whether Gasol hit the rim or not.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
06-08-2009, 02:47 AM
QUEENS JAMES fans complaining about calls???

:oldlol:

raptorfan_dr07
06-08-2009, 02:52 AM
edit: Please note...I went into this series rooting for everything that is againts LA. But Kobe fans annoyed me in the Game 1 thread and made me even more of a biased hater who really doesn't like the lakers and have completely lost the last drop of racional judgement.

You've only been on this board since last month and have 19 posts. RBA is one of the best Cavs fans and posters on this site. You = Zero credibility Learn how to use the English language as well.

rfm767
06-08-2009, 03:02 AM
You've only been on this board since last month and have 19 posts. RBA is one of the best Cavs fans and posters on this site. You = Zero credibility Learn how to use the English language as well.

4 things:

1- Sorry i don't do the research of every poster i respond to...sigh
2- In that post, he wasn't honest about rooting for LA coming to this series imo
3- English is not my first language and i really doubt your spanish is as good as my english.
4- I have 20 posts :lol

Cheers.

EllEffEll
06-08-2009, 03:20 AM
Yeah it probably should have been called according to rules, but the way I see it, it balanced out because Dwight should have gotten called for that in the first quarter. Also, Courtney Lee hit it too hard off the glass, I don't think it ever had a chance of going in regardless of whether Gasol hit the rim or not.

Here are the rules directly from the NBA website:

- a. Touch the ball or the basket ring when the ball is using the basket ring as its lower base or hang on the rim while the ball is passing through.
EXCEPTION: If a player near his own basket has his hand legally in contact with the ball, it is not a violation if his contact with the ball continues after the ball enters the cylinder, or if, in such action, he touches the basket.

- b. Touch the ball when it is above the basket ring and within the imaginary cylinder.

- c. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball, which has a chance to score, after it has touched any part of the backboard above ring level, whether the ball is considered on its upward or downward flight.

- d. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball, which has a chance to score, after it has touched the backboard below the ring level and while the ball is on its upward flight.

- e. Trap the ball against the face of the backboard after it has been released. (To be a trapped ball, three elements must exist simultaneously. The hand, the ball and the backboard must all occur at the same time. A batted ball against the backboard is not a trapped ball.)

- f. Touch any ball from within the playing area that is on its downward flight with an opportunity to score. This is considered to be a “field goal attempt” or trying for a goal.

- g. Touch the ball at any time with a hand which is through the basket ring.

- h. Vibrate the rim, net or backboard so as to cause the ball to make an unnatural bounce, or bend or move the rim to an off-center position when the ball is touching the ring or passing through.

- i. Touch the rim, net or ball while the ball is in the net, preventing it from clearing the basket.

PENALTY: If the violation is at the opponent’s basket, the offended team is awarded two points, if the attempt is from the two point zone and three points if it is from the three point zone. The crediting of the score and subsequent procedure is the same as if the awarded score has resulted from the ball having gone through the basket, except that the official shall hand the ball to a player of the team entitled to the throw-in. If the violation is
at a team’s own basket, no points can be scored and the ball is awarded to the offended team at the free throw line extended on either sideline. If there is a violation by both teams, no points can be scored, play shall be resumed by a jump ball between any two opponents in the game at the center circle.

Please explain why it should have been called according to the rules.

rfm767
06-08-2009, 03:34 AM
Here are the rules directly from the NBA website:

- a. Touch the ball or the basket ring when the ball is using the basket ring as its lower base or hang on the rim while the ball is passing through.
EXCEPTION: If a player near his own basket has his hand legally in contact with the ball, it is not a violation if his contact with the ball continues after the ball enters the cylinder, or if, in such action, he touches the basket.

- b. Touch the ball when it is above the basket ring and within the imaginary cylinder.

- c. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball, which has a chance to score, after it has touched any part of the backboard above ring level, whether the ball is considered on its upward or downward flight.

- d. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball, which has a chance to score, after it has touched the backboard below the ring level and while the ball is on its upward flight.

- e. Trap the ball against the face of the backboard after it has been released. (To be a trapped ball, three elements must exist simultaneously. The hand, the ball and the backboard must all occur at the same time. A batted ball against the backboard is not a trapped ball.)

- f. Touch any ball from within the playing area that is on its downward flight with an opportunity to score. This is considered to be a “field goal attempt” or trying for a goal.

- g. Touch the ball at any time with a hand which is through the basket ring.

- h. Vibrate the rim, net or backboard so as to cause the ball to make an unnatural bounce, or bend or move the rim to an off-center position when the ball is touching the ring or passing through.

- i. Touch the rim, net or ball while the ball is in the net, preventing it from clearing the basket.

PENALTY: If the violation is at the opponent’s basket, the offended team is awarded two points, if the attempt is from the two point zone and three points if it is from the three point zone. The crediting of the score and subsequent procedure is the same as if the awarded score has resulted from the ball having gone through the basket, except that the official shall hand the ball to a player of the team entitled to the throw-in. If the violation is
at a team’s own basket, no points can be scored and the ball is awarded to the offended team at the free throw line extended on either sideline. If there is a violation by both teams, no points can be scored, play shall be resumed by a jump ball between any two opponents in the game at the center circle.

Please explain why it should have been called according to the rules.

Given this undeniable evidence, the jury has come to a verdict; Pau Gasol is innocent of goal tending. Nevertheless we found him guilty upon the charges of being a great O & D player and so he is sentenced to win his first NBA championship in 4 games. This court is dismissed. :hammerhead:

ShannonElements
06-08-2009, 04:37 AM
This game will haunt Lee's dreams for years...

LakersLaLaLand
06-08-2009, 04:41 AM
This game will haunt Lee's dreams for years...

The last minute with 2 go ahead layup bricks will ring in his mind. Along side Nick Andersons non-ft-makes.

rawimpact
06-08-2009, 04:53 AM
really have to give stan props for going to a rookie for the game winner. and hey rfm, go check out the goaltend commited by dwight on pau's shot/dunk. That should have been called, GAME OVER.

Torious
06-08-2009, 07:41 AM
:lol at the people crying for a goaltending on the last play in regulation. Even if his inadvertant contact with the net moved the basket by a millimeter or two, it didn't effect the shot and there was no intention.

99 times out of 100 this isn't (and shouldn't be) called in a regular season game and you expect them to make that call on the last, potentially game deciding play of an NBA finals game? :hammerhead:

I feel a bit sorry for Lee, though. The young guy pretty much blew 2 winning shots in the last minute or so and probably doesn't feel too good about it.

seanlakers
06-08-2009, 08:24 AM
That was some epic rules smack just laid down. What Howard did was a goal tend. What Gasol did was not.

People that make up imaginary rules and then peddle them as gospel need to get a grip.

justin43
06-08-2009, 09:09 AM
[QUOTE=EllEffEll]Here are the rules directly from the NBA website:

RULE NO. 11

shanethetrain
06-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Last night's game hurt me more than game 2 in Cleveland for some reason.

We had so many missed opportunities last night. If just one of Lee's 2 layups in the last 10 seconds would have went in we would be tied 1-1 right now.

I don't know what to think, I am too frustrated. I am confident that our team is capable of pulling off 4 of the next 5, it just feels impossible for some reason.

Now the long wait until tipoff tomorrow night. :eek:

Fatal9
06-08-2009, 11:14 AM
RBA has really developed into a full fledged troll. Good lord :oldlol:

Even tries to cover it up with the whole "i'm neutral! i'm unbiased!" angle.

That goaltend is NOT something you decide the game on. Just like Lewis clearly slapping Kobe on the arm at the end of regulation is legally a shooting foul, but I don't see you crying about that :confusedshrug:

Tainted Sword
06-08-2009, 11:46 AM
All this bias ref talk is nonsense. Would you guys have been complaining if the Magic won by 2 points when that blatant goaltend on Howard wasn't called? Hell no!

RBA can whine about Gasol Goaltending (which Ell proved was not), but I don't see him complaining about one of if not the the most blatant goaltend this season.

Fatal9
06-08-2009, 11:55 AM
RBA can whine about Gasol Goaltending (which Ell proved was not), but I don't see him complaining about one of if not the the most blatant goaltend this season.
Yea but he is allegedly unbiased and neutral :oldlol:

If same thing happened to Lakers (which it did!!), you think he is in here furiously writing pages and pages of bullsh*t?

EllEffEll
06-08-2009, 12:13 PM
If it's a clear goaltend, I want it called, end of the game or not.

By the rules, Lee's attempt at the end of the 4th was not affected in any way by Pau hitting the rim and the shot wasn't really close to going in anyway. No call would be correct every time that happens.

Damn gutsy play called by SVG (who incidently, seemed to have no issue with any possible goaltend in his postgame comments). I sincerely admire the attempt and TBH, it would have been one of the best game winners in finals history. I want my team to call plays like that :rockon:

It would have been a significant dagger for them to take that game, but it doesn't signal the end of the series by any stretch. So far, the Lakers have merey held serve and done what they needed to do at home.

The Lakers have proven they can beat the Magic in a close game at Staples and the Magic have shown that Game 1 was an anamoly. Even though they shot below their standards again, they came close to taking this game. This Magic team is one of the most resilient and I expect them to shoot much better at home.

This could end up being a very competitive series to say the least. I'd be very surprised if Orlando doesn't win at least two of these games at their place.

All Net
06-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Poor old Courtney Lee will be having nightmares if this is his last finals appearence for a number of years...what a chance he had to be the hero. Orlando really should of took advantage of big games from Lewis and Hedo.

Them winning all 3 in Orlando and 4 of the next 5 is unlikely.

crisoner
06-08-2009, 12:30 PM
I hope the Lakers put all these (wish I could say Orlando fans) but haters out of their misery soon and win the NBA title so they can go on with their lives.

Lakers won because they made plays down the stretch plain and simple. Have a Coke and a smile and shut the f*ck up.

NOW LAKESHOW WIN GAME 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chopchop20
06-08-2009, 02:00 PM
I hope the Lakers put all these (wish I could say Orlando fans) but haters out of their misery soon and win the NBA title so they can go on with their lives.

Lakers won because they made plays down the stretch plain and simple. Have a Coke and a smile and shut the f*ck up.

I'm expecting the Lakers to come out like they did in Game 6 vs Denver. Also, Kobe will atone for his C minus performance.

don juan de marco
06-08-2009, 02:09 PM

why do you hate the Lakers so much? Why arent you fishing with Oden?:no:

don juan de marco
06-08-2009, 02:20 PM

stop being bias, hedo used his off arm to shove ariza. thats an offensive foul, however MJ used the same move on B Russell and didnt get an offensive foul.:oldlol:

don juan de marco
06-08-2009, 02:28 PM

lol stop crying. What about in the first quarter when Howard hand went threw the rim to block Gasol shot. Was that a goal tend?

Magic could of won if Lee made that layup but he didnt:violin:

don juan de marco
06-08-2009, 02:31 PM
I love when you guys complain. Half of you aren't even Magic fans.

Who's the worst on this board? My vote goes for Bruceblitz or NBAStatman.

lolol i say Rosecity. He has this sick grudge against the Lakers when it is the Rockets who he should be angry with. Still i thank the rockets bcuz i dont like the lakers chances against the Blazers.

LA_Showtime
06-08-2009, 02:40 PM
I don't think Kobe is acting when he's hugging his family. I seriously doubt he's hugging them for the cameras.

Kobe's fake personality only extends to interviews.

crisoner
06-08-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm expecting the Lakers to come out like they did in Game 6 vs Denver. Also, Kobe will atone for his C minus performance.

That's what I think. Kobe said they made good adjustments to him and he struggled reading the defense in game two. I think he and Phil will make the proper adjustments game three and the Lakers will rip their hearts out.

I want the title ASAP!!! GO LAKES!!!

LA_Showtime
06-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Any other Laker fans frustrated that Kobe took the bad shot with a second left instead of passing to a WIDE OPEN Ariza or Odom. Looking back it doesn't matter, but come on, they were both wide open.

crisoner
06-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Any other Laker fans frustrated that Kobe took the bad shot with a second left instead of passing to a WIDE OPEN Ariza or Odom. Looking back it doesn't matter, but come on, they were both wide open.

YUP

I saw that. Ariza had the wide open look and Kobe forced the shot with 3 cats on him. But hey if he makes it we would be praising Kobe as well. Just one of those things.

poido123
06-08-2009, 05:20 PM

I'm gonna bite, the game was won during regulation time IMO...I was really impressed with the officials job, up until the last 5 minutes of the game, there was a succession of these very odd calls happening all at once, then I started to see the same old bs Ive seen all series long with the Lakers...Kobe's drive to the hole, replays show no contact, commentators say no contact but the refs saw otherwise...Other instance was a Kobe flop to the floor with no-one touching him, foul was called, again, replays show no contact, commentators said no contact and again refs call the foul...I just get upset that time and time again when the lakers are in a close game, they get bailed out by ref calls...To me it feels that the opposing team is fighting both the refs and the Lakers, which when you get calls at the time of the game and its in your favour 9 times out of 10 you will win...i don't deny that I dislike the Lakers and Kobe, I just want to see Kobe just play the game, without the cheating and whining bs, and play without ref assistance too, then we shall see how good they really are...I apologise to the good Lakers fans out there who FOLLOW this team, but that's the way I saw it, I always look at both sides of it too...I think Orlando deserved to get punished for their one dimensional play, Howard isnt having enough of an impact to get them over the line either...Not entirely his fault, but he needs to stop whining about the ref calls and get on with it, its not in his nature to whine like he has this series...Its been a good finals series to watch though, plenty of close games and drama :pimp:

poido123
06-08-2009, 05:21 PM
stop being bias, hedo used his off arm to shove ariza. thats an offensive foul, however MJ used the same move on B Russell and didnt get an offensive foul.:oldlol:

Your right, that was a clear foul on Hedo, he used his arm to push off defender, the right call by the ref...

poido123
06-08-2009, 05:22 PM
All this bias ref talk is nonsense. Would you guys have been complaining if the Magic won by 2 points when that blatant goaltend on Howard wasn't called? Hell no!

Goaltend, did I miss something? Show me a GIF...

poido123
06-08-2009, 05:24 PM

There was one or two borderline goaltends from Odom, but all evens out...

poido123
06-08-2009, 05:27 PM
I don't think Kobe is acting when he's hugging his family. I seriously doubt he's hugging them for the cameras.

Kobe's fake personality only extends to interviews.

Don't beleive it! :lol

NewYorkUSCtrojan
06-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Goaltend, did I miss something? Show me a GIF...

Hotshoot
06-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Dwight gets away with lot of touching the nets (interference call?)

crisoner
06-08-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm gonna bite, the game was won during regulation time IMO...I was really impressed with the officials job, up until the last 5 minutes of the game, there was a succession of these very odd calls happening all at once, then I started to see the same old bs Ive seen all series long with the Lakers...Kobe's drive to the hole, replays show no contact, commentators say no contact but the refs saw otherwise...Other instance was a Kobe flop to the floor with no-one touching him, foul was called, again, replays show no contact, commentators said no contact and again refs call the foul...I just get upset that time and time again when the lakers are in a close game, they get bailed out by ref calls...To me it feels that the opposing team is fighting both the refs and the Lakers, which when you get calls at the time of the game and its in your favour 9 times out of 10 you will win...i don't deny that I dislike the Lakers and Kobe, I just want to see Kobe just play the game, without the cheating and whining bs, and play without ref assistance too, then we shall see how good they really are...I apologise to the good Lakers fans out there who FOLLOW this team, but that's the way I saw it, I always look at both sides of it too...I think Orlando deserved to get punished for their one dimensional play, Howard isnt having enough of an impact to get them over the line either...Not entirely his fault, but he needs to stop whining about the ref calls and get on with it, its not in his nature to whine like he has this series...Its been a good finals series to watch though, plenty of close games and drama :pimp:

OK....you want to argue about star athletes like Kobe (and it's NOT JUST Kobe and the Lakers who get this treatment) then that is a whole other topic that has been and will be debated on another thread. You want to argue about Home teams getting calls (It does NOT JUST happen with the Lakers) that could be up to debate in another thread as well.
But that did not decide the game period. Magic more then had their chances to win the game but did not make the plays in OT.

I just want to see Kobe just play the game, without the cheating and whining bs, and play without ref assistance too,

WOULD YOU PLEASE give us a break with that f*cking BS. Cheating? The man is cheating by what flopping and getting a call here or two. It's part of the game you ignorant f*ck like it or not. And if you so happen NOT to notice plenty of other players do this as well.

This guy made a career of it...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vSzbqKRSkqc/RdiXLjDqpGI/AAAAAAAAADA/JSQ5Gsm7o3o/s320/vladebeg.jpg

So cut the Kobe Bryant cheats BS you should be better then that.
I had respect in what you wrote until I read that BS.

mbell75
06-08-2009, 07:50 PM

How mane game winners have Ariza or Odom hit in a crucial Finals game?

I will live with Kobe shooting that every time.

hoss805
06-09-2009, 02:39 AM
BUT.....

You didn't notice when tukeyglu hit the ball out of kobes hand and the refs said it touched kobes knee before going out of bounds.
or..
when fisher got pushed out of bounds .
or..
when kobe got pushed out of bounds when he made the 3 point shot that wasn't called.
there were a few calls you can argue with, but you can also say there were some pucked up calls going the other way.
your just complaining because of the outcome of the game,
if it was the other way around, you wouldn't be saying nothing :violin:

cotdt
06-09-2009, 06:27 AM
SVG should play big, and use his shooters, try this starting lineup:

C: Gortat
PF: Howard
SF:Rashard
PG:Turkoglu
SG:Petrius

Since Lakers are not guarding their PG's Alston and Nelson, they are better off using an extra shooter instead, and have Turkoglu run the ball.

All Net
06-09-2009, 08:28 AM

Since Lakers are not guarding their PG's Alston and Nelson, they are better off using an extra shooter instead, and have Turkoglu run the ball.

Gortat and Dwight at the same time? wont happen..Orlando are more effective with 4 shooters on the floor....

poido123
06-09-2009, 08:49 AM
BUT.....

You didn't notice when tukeyglu hit the ball out of kobes hand and the refs said it touched kobes knee before going out of bounds.
or..
when fisher got pushed out of bounds .
or..
when kobe got pushed out of bounds when he made the 3 point shot that wasn't called.
there were a few calls you can argue with, but you can also say there were some pucked up calls going the other way.
your just complaining because of the outcome of the game,
if it was the other way around, you wouldn't be saying nothing :violin:

I give you the first point you made, I agree with that...

On the third point, from what I could see, unless you have a GIF to prove otherwise, Kobe recieved a slight nudge, but not really enough to warrant a foul, plus the defender was in his place, Kobe tried to move through him
almost.....

The second point, I may have missed that, GIF would help me analyse it, i dont mind looking at something that makes sense...

With all this said, it brings me to another point, there is a lot of calls that are missed or overused during a game for both team's, however when the game is in the balance, the most important period of all, bad decisions by refs 9 times out of 10, determine the game result...

And my most important point of all, that is the worst spelling of Turkoglu I have ever seen :lol :lol tukeyglu

poido123
06-09-2009, 08:54 AM

Mate, good post...I totally agree with you, its not like Fisher is gonna burn by anybody on a consistent basis, Turkoglu would eat him up on the other end anyways, I like this lineup suggestion to...Someone contact JVG!! :lol

poido123
06-09-2009, 09:11 AM
OK....you want to argue about star athletes like Kobe (and it's NOT JUST Kobe and the Lakers who get this treatment) then that is a whole other topic that has been and will be debated on another thread. You want to argue about Home teams getting calls (It does NOT JUST happen with the Lakers) that could be up to debate in another thread as well.
But that did not decide the game period. Magic more then had their chances to win the game but did not make the plays in OT.

WOULD YOU PLEASE give us a break with that f*cking BS. Cheating? The man is cheating by what flopping and getting a call here or two. It's part of the game you ignorant f*ck like it or not. And if you so happen NOT to notice plenty of other players do this as well.

This guy made a career of it...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vSzbqKRSkqc/RdiXLjDqpGI/AAAAAAAAADA/JSQ5Gsm7o3o/s320/vladebeg.jpg

So cut the Kobe Bryant cheats BS you should be better then that.
I had respect in what you wrote until I read that BS.

Kobe does cheat, and yes so do other players...I dont like it, but it happens, his insatiable drive to win at all costs, can often bring out the ugly side of Bryant, and Lakers fans have a hard time facing that...I'm not here to win cheap shots on the Lakers fans here, I'm only calling what I see, for many in ISH that is hard, no-one likes to give ground to an opposing opinion of their team...
I do see an underlying element in basketball that is not in the best interests of the game...While us fans continue to feed the stars of the NBA with our uncomprimising opinions of our teams and players, the more the league will lead agenda-driven outcomes of finals series, which ultimately will engulf the passion and the spirit of the game...Money must not take over the game...

KOBEfan85
06-09-2009, 10:08 AM
http://alltalksports.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/kobe.jpg

Johnni Gade
06-09-2009, 10:25 AM
If magic had won with the buzzer beater it would have been a much better series.

Huey Freeman
06-09-2009, 04:49 PM
If magic had won with the buzzer beater it would have been a much better series.
Yeah, it would've been really good to pull that one out. But now we are facing a must win situation.

Still though, the series ain't over until it's over.

crashbangboom
06-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Man, this series is really disappointing. Magic blew it in Game 4. They had 17 turnovers and missed 14 free throws and still managed to be able to win the game in the last minute. Nelson showed no basketball IQ. All he had to do was defend against the 3. The Magic could have easily won this series, if it wasn't for big mistakes at the end of the game.