PDA

View Full Version : D.o.b.b.

phoenix18
06-08-2009, 07:37 PM
When did you become a basketball fan and why? Why did you choose team X as your favorite team? Who is your favorite player and why? BTW, DOBB stands for Date Of Basketball Birth.(Please, :no: no my guy is better than your guy arguments or Kobe/Lebron/Whoever is GOAT)Thank You.

bigkingsfan
06-08-2009, 07:42 PM
My dad was watching the Knicks/Pacers playoff game, and I decided to join him. Saw Miller's epic 8 points spurt and have been a fan since.

phoenix18
06-08-2009, 07:51 PM
That's cool , so was Reggie Miller your favorite player at the time?

GiveItToBurrito
06-08-2009, 07:52 PM
When did you become a basketball fan and why? Why did you choose team X as your favorite team? Who is your favorite player and why? BTW, DOBB stands for Date Of Basketball Birth.(Please, :no: no my guy is better than your guy arguments or Kobe/Lebron/Whoever is GOAT)Thank You.

I started following basketball around 1993 when I was 8, stopped following from around 2000 to 2007, then got back into it for no real reason.

I chose the Wizards as my favorite team because they're closest to me. I could never really understand someone being a fan of a random team but not their home team.

My favorite player is probably Gilbert Arenas, since he's incredibly fun to watch and is everything a sports celebrity should be. I also like Nick Young (funny guy who's a lot of fun to watch), Steve Nash (ditto), and Tracy McGrady a lot.

phoenix18
06-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Yeah, my favorite team is the Raps. I dont understand why people are fans just for bandwagon purposes.(Ahem, 75% of the lakers fanbase. LOL.)I am a true fan though, the worst day ever was when I wore my Raptors jersey to school on January 23,2006. Its odd though, because my favorite player is AI.

Snoop_Cat
06-08-2009, 08:06 PM
DOBB: Tim Duncan and the Spurs winning it all in 2003. First team I watched was the Spurs in that final, big Spurs and Duncan fan ever since.

My team is the Knicks (homer lol) and favorite player... LEBRON :D

phoenix18
06-08-2009, 08:08 PM
DOBB: Tim Duncan and the Spurs winning it all in 2003. First team I watched was the Spurs in that final, big Spurs and Duncan fan ever since.

My team is the Knicks (homer lol) and favorite player... LEBRON :D
Man, you guys are going to have egg on your face when Lebron stays in Cleveland.

1~Gibson~1
06-08-2009, 08:13 PM
DOBB: 2006 NBA Finals (Heat vs. Mavericks)

I was bored one night so i figured i'd watch an NBA game and see why people liked it so much. Well, that game just so happened to be one of the games of the 2006 NBA Finals where Wade got off. Ever since then i was an NBA fan, and a Wade fan.

The next NBA season, i started watching it more, and decided i was gonna be a Cavs fan (didnt even know how good LeBron was so he wasnt "The Reason" why i chose them). I really liked that Larry Hughes guy and Donyell Marshall (he looked like Ludacris :confusedshrug: ) and of course LeBron, but as the season went on, i realized that Larry Hughes sucked and Donyell Marshall wasnt as good as i thought :no: but from then on i was, and still am, a Cavs fan :cheers:

Then, in the ECF Daniel Gibson went loko and he was my Fave non-star ever since :D

phoenix18
06-08-2009, 08:16 PM
I like Boobie Gibson. Boy is the truth. Remember his rookie year? Boobie danced all over Detroit.

InspiredLebowski
06-08-2009, 08:26 PM

1/19/84, because I was born in IN. Because the Pacers the local team. Granger, because he's the Pacers best player. Pretty simple.

D-Rose
06-08-2009, 08:28 PM
2002 NBA Finals. Loved the Kobe/Shaq combo as a kid. Wasn't into it like I am now but yeah. Became a Lakers fan cause I was overseas and most of the broadcasted games were LA games, stuck with em even after Shaq left.

indiefan23
06-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Yeah, my favorite team is the Raps. I dont understand why people are fans just for bandwagon purposes.(Ahem, 75% of the lakers fanbase. LOL.)I am a true fan though, the worst day ever was when I wore my Raptors jersey to school on January 23,2006. Its odd though, because my favorite player is AI.

Why was that your worst day ever? And the thing about Laker fans is really the Lakers have only spent 3 years this decade and one or two years last decade sucking. I used to be a chicago fan till they started to suck and I realized I was just an MJ fan. A lot of LA fans don't really realize they're front runners for that very fact.

phoenix18
06-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Why was that your worst day ever? And the thing about Laker fans is really the Lakers have only spent 3 years this decade and one or two years last decade sucking. I used to be a chicago fan till they started to suck and I realized I was just an MJ fan. A lot of LA fans don't really realize they're front runners for that very fact.
It was the day after Kobe's 81 point explosion. I didnt watch ESPN that morning.

teleport
06-08-2009, 08:59 PM
2007 playoffs, golden state vs dallas mavs. i always loved to root for the underdog, so to see this upset from such an exciting team was a great series to start off with.

my fav team is the knicks(new yorker) and my fav players are nate robinson, david lee, and t-mac(my fav player not from the knicks)

Talent
06-08-2009, 09:02 PM
I started watching basketball around when Jordan became a legend. I was in the do not like Jordan category. I suffered through being a Celtic fan in the mid 90's till about 5 years ago when I started to follow the new local team here the Bobcats. My current favorite player is Gerald Wallace due to his amazing work ethic and how far he has come as a basketball player.

phoenix18
06-08-2009, 09:04 PM
I started watching basketball around when Jordan became a legend. I was in the do not like Jordan category. I suffered through being a Celtic fan in the mid 90's till about 5 years ago when I started to follow the new local team here the Bobcats. My current favorite player is Gerald Wallace due to his amazing work ethic and how far he has come as a basketball player.
Gerald Wallace needs to learn how to take an elbow better, but other than that, I like him.

ProfessorMurder
06-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Well I became a fan in late '93 / early '94, when I was 5. I lived in Indiana, but was about 30 minutes from the heart of Chicago. My friends i the neighborhood all collected cards and were Bulls fans. I got into the cards, but picked the Hornets to be my favorite team because of Larry Johnson and all of the hype for the Hornets... Plus I always liked to be different. I got Hornets sheets, and NBA sheets in like '94 and still have them.

I watched on and off, really started in '96-'97, but then religiously in the playoffs in '98 where I wanted the Jazz to win. I loved the Pacers/Knicks '99 series, LJ's 4 point play!!!!!!

In '99 I think I saw my first game with Mutombo (at that time my new favorite player. He was a defensive powerhouse, didn't have to score, and he had :no: )! I became a 76ers fan when Mutombo went there, then a Nets fan for Mutombo.

I got to see Jordan play his last game in Boston ever (when he was on the Wizards).

After the Pistons beat the Lakers (with Malone and GP) I lost my love of Bball for some time...

Important for the story: (I moved in Maine in spring '96. So Boston was the nearest team (but I always wanted to be different and not like the hometeam.)

So I was still avoiding bball after the Pistons win, when I heard the Celtics picked up Ray and KG (two of my modern favorites), then I went to myfirst semester of college in NY and kept getting texts from my friends saying the Celtics record was "Nasty and 2". So I decided to leave that school and come home for a semester off, then I became a Boston fan.

Now all I do is play bball, watch bball, and come on here to talk about bball.

So that's my history. I'm now a Celtics fan, and my favorite player is Mutombo, second favorite LJ.

phoenix18
06-08-2009, 09:18 PM
:applause: Good Post, Man. What's Maine like? I actually got accepted to UMaine for 09-10.(Way to expensive, so I cant go.)

ProfessorMurder
06-08-2009, 09:27 PM
:applause: Good Post, Man. What's Maine like? I actually got accepted to UMaine for 09-10.(Way to expensive, so I cant go.)

Thanks dude.

Well I hate to say it but, Maine's pretty sweet. It's boring as sh*t and there's really only like 2 'big cities'. The only things open past 10pm are a walmart and a grocery store, but they close at midnight.

Yesterday I went and hung out at a lake and hiked a bit in the woods, today I played ball for 3-4 hours. So there's plenty of time to just hang out, since that's all you can really do. My friends and I pretty much hang at parks or at my house. Plus the beach is only like a half hour away.

There's not many pretentious assh*les since a lot of people are white trash and crappy.

I think like 40% of my high school goes to UMaine for college (hence why I went out of state haha).

How much did they expect you to pay to go there? What were you going to major in?

phoenix18
06-08-2009, 09:42 PM
They said I should expect to pay about 20000+. I told them that I cant afford it and they just said wait a while and we will see what we can do. I was going to major in Civil Engineering.

Rake2204
06-08-2009, 11:06 PM
My first connection with basketball came in the late 80's when, as a youngster, I heard the P.A. announcer say "Joe Duuuuuumars" after he scored. It was fun to say and I found my last name could be drawn out in very similar fashion. Subsequently, it became easy to be a fan of the Pistons, with my proximity to Detroit and their championship-winning ways. At the time though, it was a fleeting interest.

My real serious interest picked up around 1990-91 when I decided to buy a pack of NBA Hoops basketball cards in lieu of my traditional baseball selection. The display of 1990-91 NBA Hoops showcased a Magic Johnson card with a yellow "Most Valuable Player" stamp in the upper right corner (see the link). http://www.checkoutmycards.com/CardImages/Cards/028/689/06F.jpg

I liked basketball cards' more vibrant style and smooth surface so I bought a pack hoping to cop that Magic Johnson. I came up empty, but I did get one with a yellow "Rookie of the Year" stamp. . . http://imagehost.epier.com/127767/scan0043(3).jpg
An unknown to me at the time, it was none other than David Robinson. Despite having no prior clue of his existence, I assumed he MUST be good if he had a yellow stamp on his card like Magic. From there I became a pretty serious David Robinson fan.

My following of the entire Spurs franchise really began to pick up steam after I received Tecmo NBA Basketball for my NES and found out Rod Strickland, Sean Elliott, Antoine Carr, and Terry Cummings could actually create a pretty potent offense.

As Robinson's career began to dwindle, the local Detroit Pistons became my exclusive number 1 team once more (instead of the previously favored 1A and 1B to which I held the Spurs and Pistons through a large portion of the 90's). The Pistons' 2004 championship has meant infinitely more to me than any title the Spurs have taken home (even the '99 and '03 clubs with Robinson).

phoenix18
06-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Must have been great watching the 2005 NBA Finals with your two favorite teams.

Rake2204
06-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Must have been great watching the 2005 NBA Finals with your two favorite teams.

Yeah, it was the matchup I used to dream about as a youngster but I was convinced it'd never happen. By the time it came about, I was 100% behind the Pistons and it killed me to see Robert Horry dunk over Richard Hamilton the way he did. Then it absolutely broke my heart to watch Rasheed Wallace leave Horry open for that triple try.

seanlakers
06-09-2009, 02:28 PM
My family is from Los Angeles. Grew up watching Laker games with my dad. Started really getting into it when Shaq was brought in. That was when things started to get interesting for me as I started to understand more about the game.

Toizumi
06-09-2009, 02:32 PM
http://ibbab.free.fr/Joueurs/Pippen/images/pippen001_jpg.jpg

1998 finals Scottie Pippen :bowdown:

Doranku
06-09-2009, 02:46 PM

I always enjoyed the game of basketball and watching it since I was little, but what really got me into the sport was when I was bored at my friends house in '06 I believe and decided to watch the Lakers/Suns game. It was the game where Smush stole the ball and Kobe sent it to OT, and ended up hitting the game winner. At that point I became a Kobe fan (Laker fan by default), and I started watching every Laker game from that point on. Over time, I began straying away from just being a Kobe homer and became more into the team as a whole.

Horatio33
06-09-2009, 03:54 PM
the NBA became kind of popular in the early to mid 90's in England, i didnt really follow a team, loved Shaq on the Magic, Hakeem on the Rockets, Robinson on the Spurs and Ewing on the Knicks. this country had a lot of Kinicks and Bulls fans (with a few Magic, Laker and Rocket fans about.) I became a fan of the big, dominant players like the ones listed above, but was still in awe of MJ, Scottie, Kobe (later on) Grant Hill and such, but my favourite player is Tim Duncan. im a quiet person and to see a similar person succeed in the brash NBA, and brash American culture made me feel good. also a skilled player too! it made me appreciate teamwork, defence, patience and winning. but also the one man doesn't do it all. Tim has plenty of flaws, i admit this and Tim does in his modest fashion. when i see fans of players not teams, it makes me sad. the Lakers are stacked! they have other players than Kobe. Gasol is probably the most skilled post player around today, much prefer him to Howard (im pulling for the Magic by the way!) . Odom has tremendous skills, rebounding, playmaking, scoring, name it he does it!.

To everyone out there, support your teams, not just the Star!

sorry about the rant!

DoGGa
06-09-2009, 04:59 PM
http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2008/04-24/lakers24dwba_300.jpg

started back in '01/'02.

and ofc.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/Carmelo-Anthony-Dwyane-Wade-LeBron-James---2005-NBA-All-Star-Game-Photograph-C11814156.jpg

'03

1_BAD_TIGER
06-09-2009, 05:15 PM
I started watching in 1978, before I even started playing Basketball. I saw a 76er's game the next year and instantly wanted to play like Dr. J and be a Philadelphia 76er. I remained a 76er fan tell they traded Barkley.

InfiniteBaskets
06-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Dad used to watch, and then one day I joined him for the NBA finals between Gary Payton's Sonics VS Jordan's bulls.

highwhey
06-09-2009, 05:22 PM
suns 03'

saw amar'e playing, fell in love with his dunks. i stayed hypnotized on amar'e for a few years then i found basketball had another side to it. now i observe and analyze basketball with a much better perception and it's players.

big tuna
06-09-2009, 05:36 PM
some time in '87 after seeing magic johnson play. dad went to college in socal so that was his team and i decided to catch a few games to see what this 'magic' guy was all about. been hooked since and have followed la along with the grizzlies (hometown team but i liked them more in memphis after getting gasol - getting traded to la was the perfect scenario)

RoseCity07
06-09-2009, 07:09 PM
I just really liked watch Cliff Robinson and Kenny Anderson shoot 3's. I started watching the Blazers around that time. I remember Blazers playing the Pistons as one of the games I first remember watching. Then I remember going to a Pizza place and watching Jordan play. He never missed a fade away jump shot.

I don't know the exact moment, but just small little memories, I got hooked.

kshutts1
06-09-2009, 07:52 PM
'93-'94 season, Jordan's first year of "retirement"...

I'd get home from church and turn on the TV, and the Bulls were always on.

Pippen was the leader of the team (still my favorite athlete of all time), but I just became obsessed with the entire NBA. At one point I could name all 5 starters for every team, along with their listed heights, weights, and jersey numbers. This was pre-internet (for me) so I'd spend hours poring over the boxscores in the newspapers in the library at my Middle School.

I almost cried during a regular season game when Starks and the Knicks beat the Bulls by 32... don't remember anything else, other than Starks hitting a 3 from the corner and my eyes tearing up...

But anyway, been an avid fan ever since that season, still a Bulls fan. When Pippen switched teams I had an interest in the team, but the Bulls were always the one I was loyal to.

mongePR(kb24)
06-10-2009, 02:08 AM
i became a casual fan was because my dad and my uncle used to watch MJ. I began to see full games around 94.

I became a kobe/laker fan around 97 when a N64 game named kobe bryant in nba court side was released. I started to watch all televised nba games.

In 2006 i acquired an FTA (free to air) an began to see almost ALL laker games.

Hammertime
06-10-2009, 02:19 AM
I'm too tired to look up the actual ticket from my first game, so I'll estimate the actual date. It was probably 87-88 season. It was March or April, since my old man, who taught at a college at the time, was on the spring break. He rented an RV, put the family in it and we went travelling south(Alberta representin') through Montana, Colorado, Utah, whatnot.

At some point, we stopped in SLC and the three of us went to a Utah Jazz game. I have very few memories of it since I wouldn't have even been five yet. No idea what happened, I probably spent most of the game ignoring the actual action and being chased around the stand by my mum. My parents bought me a Jazz baseball cap and we picked up a basketball magazine with a poster(well, really just a big picture I tore out) of the Mailman. Haven't wavered in my loyalty since. Been to dozens of games, especially during my college days when I had money and time to blow on roadtrips.

PimpinZaZa
06-10-2009, 03:00 AM
Don't remember exactly when but early 90's sometime. Remember sittin' watchin a game with my dad and Walt Williams went off for something like 36, 14 & 9. He was one of my faves after that. Gotta love the High socks. ahhh.....good times.

raptorfan_dr07
06-12-2009, 10:05 PM
I first got into basketball when I was like 7 or 8 in the early 90s. I didn't really have a favorite team, just mesmerized by Michael Jordan. I guess you could say I was a Jordan fan. After MJ retired I kinda lost interest in basketball.

My family has been through generation after generation at UCLA. We've got our own brick on the wall with our name on it at the Alumni Center. Watching the NCAA tournament is like religion for them. I kinda got back into basketball while watching the UCLA basketball team in March Madness. This was around 2001. After the NCAA season was over though, I found myself wanting more basketball. I felt that love for the game again that I had as a kid. Since the NBA season was still on, I kinda decided to follow that. I had no favorite team or player at the time, just that I love basketball. Right before the playoffs started that year, I wanted a team to root for. It was kinda random but I picked the Raptors. I kinda liked the way the team was going and I liked dinosaurs as a kid. I guess you could have classified me as a "bandwagoner" back then haha :lol Well I've been an avid Raptor fan since then. No I wasn't a fan during the real sh*t days pre-2000, but I've seen some pretty bad. I've stuck by this team for 8-9 years now and had to put up with a lot of flak from other fans, but it's cool. :D

Butters
06-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Always liked basketball.My team is the Wizards because i can see all of there games with no package needed,and because i love the team:D

Right now Gilbert arenas is my favorit player so I can only hope he stays injury free.His story is one of the best and he's got a cool nick name.

AGENT ZERO

unbreakable
06-12-2009, 10:15 PM
First bit of ball went like this....

Its late one night and Im sitting in the living room playing with my toys.. probably GI Joes or those small wrestler toys... anyways my Dad just got off work, rushes in, flips on the tube and its Jordan vs Lakers 1991 Finals Game 1.. Jordan's game winner rims out... I still remember it like it was yesterday.

Eventually became a Spurs homer and Kobe fan.

BALLin01
06-12-2009, 10:37 PM
I became a basketball fan in 2001 during the NBA finals between the 76ers and the Lakers. I was about 7 or 8 and my brothers and dad were watching it and they were huge Laker fans, and I coulda just followed them like any other kid would but watching AI with his amazing crossovers and hitting those great shots really made me become a fan of him and have been a fan ever since and I will stay dedicated to being a fan forever no matter how much hate he gets.

I really have no favorite team, I just follow wherever Allen Iverson goes and I've moved many times so I really had no chance to follow a certain team.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-12-2009, 11:03 PM
I didn't follow pro ball until I was teenager in the mid/late 70s.
Then moved to LA...and shortly thereafter they drafted Magic.
fan forever more...
so...around '78

phoenix18
06-12-2009, 11:08 PM
I didn't follow pro ball until I was teenager in the mid/late 70s.
Then moved to LA...and shortly thereafter they drafted Magic.
fan forever more...
so...around '78
:roll: Didnt know you were that old. That's cool though. I am glad that I finally made a good thread.

phoenix18
06-12-2009, 11:11 PM
I became a basketball fan in 2001 during the NBA finals between the 76ers and the Lakers. I was about 7 or 8 and my brothers and dad were watching it and they were huge Laker fans, and I coulda just followed them like any other kid would but watching AI with his amazing crossovers and hitting those great shots really made me become a fan of him and have been a fan ever since and I will stay dedicated to being a fan forever no matter how much hate he gets.

I really have no favorite team, I just follow wherever Allen Iverson goes and I've moved many times so I really had no chance to follow a certain team.
Your an AI fan too? As you can tell, I am too. I liked him because he was always at a disadvantage, the ultimate underdog. He had to play at 100% and he did that through injury. Always real, never fake. Didnt try to be someone he is not. One of the most unique players ever. A six foot SG. Who knew?

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-12-2009, 11:28 PM
:roll: Didnt know you were that old. That's cool though. I am glad that I finally made a good thread.

I'm cantankerous too!! (as you can tell from my posts).
Now I live in Phoenix, phoenix18.... amongst the hordes of Suns fans and Kobe haters.

phoenix18
06-13-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm cantankerous too!! (as you can tell from my posts).
Now I live in Phoenix, phoenix18.... amongst the hordes of Suns fans and Kobe haters.
05-07 must have been tough for you. Good times.

TheAnchorman
08-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Game 5 of the 1997 NBA Finals. On tape delay in the Philippines, my uncle was raving about MJ "such a great great player" and I was a little kid and I really didn't listen to him until I saw the game. After watching MJ fight through the flu and score 39 points, I stopped b!tching to my family about any sickness I had for several months.

phoenix18
08-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Game 5 of the 1997 NBA Finals. On tape delay in the Philippines, my uncle was raving about MJ "such a great great player" and I was a little kid and I really didn't listen to him until I saw the game. After watching MJ fight through the flu and score 39 points, I stopped b!tching to my family about any sickness I had for several months.
:roll: I did the same thing. Except for I had chicken pox. We had a field trip to COSI, this place in Columbus where science becomes fun! This was the last year before they tore it down and moved some of the activities to the new one. So I really wanted to go. My mom said no. you cannot go to school. I said, Jordan played a finals game last year with the flu and I cant ride a bus?

Jasper
08-17-2009, 05:26 PM
DOBB - 69-70 Bucks season. Was playing playground ball ... then school ball , and watched about 10-15 games in the MECCA arena etc ... per year and was hooked ever since.
Bucks are still my team , even if they get sold. Kohl will not allow them to leave Milwaukee.
Fav player - to many to list ..
Maybe : Bob Lanier (all-time Buck) or Lucious Allen

iounas
08-17-2009, 06:05 PM
watching since jordan bulls.. lakers fan since kobe+shaq

NuggetsFan
08-17-2009, 06:23 PM
Watching it since I was a little kid ..but I'd say I seriously got into it around the 03 draft class(When I picked a favorite team).

Basically I'm a Nuggets fan for no reason :confusedshrug: decided since they have a high lottery pick that year that I'd choose them to be my favorite team(Thank god Detroit took Darko :lol) and stick with them no matter what :cheers: . Only way I'd switch my team is if Ottawa got an NBA team(Never going to happen)

Would have probably choose the Raptors(I'm from Canada) but my family are big Sens fans so kinda learned to hate Toronto sports teams.

phoenix18
08-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Watching it since I was a little kid ..but I'd say I seriously got into it around the 03 draft class(When I picked a favorite team).

Basically I'm a Nuggets fan for no reason :confusedshrug: decided since they have a high lottery pick that year that I'd choose them to be my favorite team(Thank god Detroit took Darko :lol) and stick with them no matter what :cheers: . Only way I'd switch my team is if Ottawa got an NBA team(Never going to happen)

Would have probably choose the Raptors(I'm from Canada) but my family are big Sens fans so kinda learned to hate Toronto sports teams.
Sens fans? SMH. Tell them that you have found the truth, and that is the Maple Leafs. They are so legendary, they dont even have to use proper grammar.

phoenix18
11-07-2009, 05:12 PM
DOBB - 69-70 Bucks season. Was playing playground ball ... then school ball , and watched about 10-15 games in the MECCA arena etc ... per year and was hooked ever since.
Bucks are still my team , even if they get sold. Kohl will not allow them to leave Milwaukee.
Fav player - to many to list ..
Maybe : Bob Lanier (all-time Buck) or Lucious Allen
Wow, we got a senior in the house.:D

magnax1
11-07-2009, 05:30 PM
I really don't remember the first game I watched, but the first game I remember watching was the Rockets Jazz first round 95 game where the Jazz got ousted. I remember my Dad wasn't very happy for a while after that, lol. I remember I started to watch regularly around 97-03, though I didn't watch as much as I do now.
My favorite player ever, is John Stockton, because of how he played. He never did stupid stuff on the court, but was always into it, and he consistantly made big shots/plays.
My favorite player now is D-Will, because him and Okur are the only players on the Jazz that don't piss me off on a regular basis.

nash4eva!gosuns
11-07-2009, 05:39 PM
I started following basketball around 1993 when I was 8, stopped following from around 2000 to 2007, then got back into it for no real reason.

I chose the Wizards as my favorite team because they're closest to me. I could never really understand someone being a fan of a random team but not their home team.

My favorite player is probably Gilbert Arenas, since he's incredibly fun to watch and is everything a sports celebrity should be. I also like Nick Young (funny guy who's a lot of fun to watch), Steve Nash (ditto), and Tracy McGrady a lot.

He went to my high school. :rockon:

Anyhoo. On-topic.

My dad has always followed basketball. I saw Steve Nash play for the Mavs when I was a kid and he was my favorite player. Then I stopped following for a while.

My entire family is made up of Laker fans. My uncles and my dad were watching the playoffs a couple years ago (cant remember exactly when). It was Lakers/Suns and the Suns were really fun to watch, I dont remember if they won or lost but they kept me interested, and when I realized Nash was playing with them it was Basketball Marriage.