PDA

View Full Version : Post-game discussion of Lakers-Magic NBA Finals Game 3

The_Yearning
06-09-2009, 12:54 PM
The Magic beat the Lakers in NBA Finals Game 3.

Los Angeles leads the series 2-1

Game 4 is Thursday in Orlando.

Discuss how game 3 went and your thoughts going into game 4.

And, discuss how Kobe acted in the post-game press conference! He seemed MAD

GiveItToBurrito
06-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Am I the only person who thinks some of it's an act? He's obviously very intense, but he won't even answer questions that might ask him to break character, and he just looks mad all the time. I actually think it's kind of funny.

GUUS
06-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Am I the only person who thinks some of it's an act? He's obviously very intense, but he won't even answer questions that might ask him to break character, and he just looks mad all the time. I actually think it's kind of funny.
i dont think its an act, i think kobe is just genuinely insane, and would be a serial killer if it werent for basketball

GUUS
06-09-2009, 07:31 PM
:lol Its an act. Every one knows this.
no, what's an act is Kobe going up to his wife and kids after every game and pretending he loves them, and when he used to pretend he was just a kid from Philly, until he got booed at the Philadelphia all star game.

Most of the stuff Kobe says and does off the court is an act. I'm pretty sure on the court that's the true Kobe.

For a basketball player its the best mentality to have, but as a person, it isnt

phoenix18
06-09-2009, 07:36 PM
no, what's an act is Kobe going up to his wife and kids after every game and pretending he loves them, and when he used to pretend he was just a kid from Philly, until he got booed at the Philadelphia all star game.

Most of the stuff Kobe says and does off the court is an act. I'm pretty sure on the court that's the true Kobe.

For a basketball player its the best mentality to have, but as a person, it isnt
He is like TO. Except he has 3 rings and a bunch of supporters that defend him. Both are greats. But they are always being phoney. Screaming he cant guard me at the commentators? Why does Kobe try to pretend that he is a bad/mean guy? It's all an act.

GUUS
06-09-2009, 07:40 PM
He is like TO. Except he has 3 rings and a bunch of supporters that defend him. Both are greats. But they are always being phoney. Screaming he cant guard me at the commentators? Why does Kobe try to pretend that he is a bad/mean guy? It's all an act.
Well Kobe is fake off the court, but now you think he is being fake on the court as well?

He has to be real some time. His entire life can't just be a fake lie.

I'm pretty sure his real personality is his on court personality. He is always trying to run up the score against teams. You don't see guys like Lebron doing that, IE guys without the true hunger to kill the opposing team.

phoenix18
06-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Well Kobe is fake off the court, but now you think he is being fake on the court as well?

I'm pretty sure his real personality is his on court personality. He is always trying to run up the score against teams. You don't see guys like Lebron doing that, IE guys without the true hunger to kill the opposing team.
When can we discern "street hunger" from just taking a game too seriously? I just think that all that is just a part of his act to prove that he is an assasin on the court.

GUUS
06-09-2009, 07:56 PM
When can we discern "street hunger" from just taking a game too seriously? I just think that all that is just a part of his act to prove that he is an assasin on the court.
well Kobe doesnt have street hunger, he was raised a pampered rich kid. He just has the desire to dominate, also found in the likes of Napoleon, Hitler and Ceasar. However they were all leader of men. Kobe doesnt have the leadership quality, just the domination quality

33teeth
06-09-2009, 08:04 PM

I think it's an act. And every time he makes that stupid growl/snarl face I laugh my ass off.

wang4three
06-09-2009, 08:12 PM
That's why LeBron didn't beat the Magic. He doesn't have that street hunger that Kobe has. The ability through play it through when it's all through and through.

Sir Charles
06-09-2009, 09:43 PM
It just so happens that Length is More Important In The Paint than Off the Paint regarding Highly Skilled Perimeter 1 on 1 Shooters such as Bryant.

Agil-Faster-Shorter Defensive Stoppers 6`3-6`5 like Joe Dumars, Payton, Michael Cooper, Bryant Himself etc...do better on these types...

Not a Good Idea for the Magic IMO

Kobe will Keep Owning This Matchup, expect 45-50 pts tonight

This isn`t the 80s-90s when there was no help for the short-small or light weight players and especially Perimeter Players

Younggrease
06-09-2009, 09:51 PM
I have NEVER seen a smaller guy have success on Kobe...NEVER, he just raises up over them or posts them

beasted86
06-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Atleast you can suggest a better defender... :rolleyes: He's done the best job out of the 3 guys they've put on him (Lee, Turkoglu).

You can't stop Kobe with 1 player... simple as that. They should be using more double teams, and force Odom, Vujacic, & Ariza to kill you from 3PT if you have to in the 4th quarter. Just make sure you box out for the rebound.

TMT
06-09-2009, 09:53 PM
It was pretty obvious I meant any defender, you idiot. http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/345/facepalmsmiley.gif

It doesn't matter who you put on him, he's going to get his points.

Note the sarcasm.

Kobe will get his points no matter who is defending him, but I'd rather have Pietrus/ Turkoglu/ Lewis on him rather than Lee/ Reddick.

OneMoreSucka
06-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Note the sarcasm.

Kobe will get his points no matter who is defending him, but I'd rather have Pietrus/ Turkoglu/ Lewis on him rather than Lee/ Reddick.
I noted the sarcasm, but the alcohol made me think you were trying to be a dick, my apologies. Why I am drinking when it's still light out on a tuesday, I have no idea.

RedBlackAttack
06-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Redick has actually done a better job on Kobe in this series than Pietrus, which is incredible. Pietrus has been a complete and utter dud in these Finals. He lacks intensity and he is playing like he is completely overwhelmed by the stage. That doesn't just apply to his horrible defense (going for every ball fake), but he has been nonexistent offensively. It doesn't even looks like he wants the ball.

Fatal9
06-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Bryant has historically only struggled against taller/long defenders like Prince, Posey etc.

Putting Starks, Payton, Dumars on him would be suicide.

wang4three
06-09-2009, 10:19 PM
He's putting too much pressure on himself mentally. He's acting and reacting too fast and needs to calm down and just play defense. That said, I think he's doing an all right job. Kobe's just making really really tough shots.

juju151111
06-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Bryant has historically only struggled against taller/long defenders like Prince, Posey etc.

Putting prince, Posey,Bowen,artest, piece, and marion on Mj is suicide. They just can't keep up with his speed. Mj already schooled Posey,piece,marion and Artest when he was 39/40 with sergery ridden knees. lol:lol Is this a joke??:hammerhead: :banghead:Also Mj doesn't struggle against Dumars,payton, and starks. He avged 40 on Dumars like in every game. Also fatal here is a Bruce Bowen quote on who the toughest he had to guard. "Michael Jordan. He really had an infectious personality with his teammates. He gave guys courage when they wouldn't have had it. Kind of like Kobe and his will right now." LOL Try again

Bodhi
06-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Your right. They should double team Gasol and leave him wide open.

Well you've heard the stat, when Kobe takes less than 20 shots Lakers are undefeated. So obviously if you let Kobe take every shot, you have a good chance against the Lakers.

Micku
06-09-2009, 10:27 PM
for real brahs he playin out of his mind.

loosey goosey!!!!

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Basketball/NBA/Playoffs/2009/06/05/v060550A.jpg
"My name is Kobe, and I'm hungry. *growls*"

LA_Showtime
06-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Well you've heard the stat, when Kobe takes less than 20 shots Lakers are undefeated. So obviously if you let Kobe take every shot, you have a good chance against the Lakers.

One of the most misleading stats out there. It doesn't take into account that Kobe sat out a lot of fourth quarters, his teammates were struggling, etc.

Younggrease
06-09-2009, 10:31 PM
He's putting too much pressure on himself mentally. He's acting and reacting too fast and needs to calm down and just play defense. That said, I think he's doing an all right job. Kobe's just making really really tough shots.

Thats the catch 22 with Kobe...seems like no one ever plays bad defense on him. Its always he is making tough shots.

These are the shots Kobe is picking...Pietrus is putting him off his spots, his contests are too slow and his disicipline is horrid. This is a great player making a mediocre player make mistakes

RedBlackAttack
06-09-2009, 10:31 PM
LeBron had virtually the same exact statistic. It means nothing. Of course, if the rest of the team is struggling, the superstar is going to take more shots. Then again, the rest of the Lakers weren't really struggling offensively in that first half. Actually, quite the opposite...

Kobe was just on fire, but you have to wonder if he is going to fall in love with that jumper and keep firing it up in the second half or if he will go back to distributing in the third quarter like he did (smartly) to open the game.

rknine15
06-09-2009, 10:35 PM
I thought they(Petrius, Lee) were doing any excellent job on Kobe he was just making some extremly tough shots. If they continue to defend Kobe like that they should be fine... Kobe will cool down in the 2nd half.

RedBlackAttack
06-09-2009, 10:37 PM
I thought they(Petrius, Lee) were doing any excellent job on Kobe he was just making some extremly tough shots. If they continue to defend Kobe like that they should be fine... Kobe will cool down in the 2nd half.
Nope... Pietrus' lack of discipline and going for nearly every ball fake has continued through the first two games and into this one. He has also allowed Kobe to get deep post position several times.

Lee was doing a better job, but he just doesn't have the size to contest Kobe's midrange jumpers.

DonDadda59
06-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Pietrus guarding anyone is a bad idea. For w/e reason this guy earned a rep as a solid defender while Lebron was dropping 40/8/8 on his head, many times in 1-on-1 situations at the top of the key. This guys has horrible footwork, poor positioning, bites on every pump fake, and just lacks any sort of intensity.

RedBlackAttack
06-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Pietrus guarding anyone is a bad idea. For w/e reason this guy earned a rep as a solid defender while Lebron was dropping 40/8/8 on his head, many times in 1-on-1 situations at the top of the key. This guys has horrible footwork, poor positioning, bites on every pump fake, and just lacks any sort of intensity.
I found that fascinating, as well. Somehow, Pietrus was getting a rep as a semi-LeBron stopper when James was pretty much destroying him every time he was matched up one-one-one. The fourth quarter of Game 5 of the ECF was one of the most embarrassing ownages I have seen. LeBron was waving off screens, posting up Pietrus 25-feet from the basket, and killing him on every possession.

Pietrus did, however, have a huge impact on the other side of the floor. He has been virtually non-existent offensively in this series and the guy looks flatout scared to me.

DetroitPistonFan
06-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Put JJ Redick on Kobe. He's the Kobe stopper!

DonDadda59
06-09-2009, 10:59 PM
when are the dumb ass Magic players going to realize that you aren't going to block Kobe's jumpshot? Just let him pump fake, smother him, and put your hands up... force him to chuck. :rolleyes:

Samurai Swoosh
06-09-2009, 11:12 PM

Yeah, cause Bryant settles for jumpers. So putting a smaller player on him would be pointless. Out of all those players, Payton would be able to play him well. But thats the point. Kobe struggles with longer players because they create havoc for Kobe's jumper minded mentality.

Jordan DESTROYED smaller, and/or longer defenders. Jordan as described before is like a super guard combonation of Wade and Bryant.

bruceblitz
06-09-2009, 11:59 PM
Kobe Bryant missed 13 of his last 17 shots in the game, which means Kobe made 4 of his last 17 shots. If I had a nickel for every time this guy disappeared in key games during his career I would donate that 100,000 dollars to charity. Kobe was a stellar 5-10 from the free throw line!

Build a statue for this guy who's still trying to win his first championship as the leader of a team at the age of 30 years old....

cha cha cha choke

Like Mike, if he could be like Mike....

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
:hammertime: :hammertime:

wg1man
06-10-2009, 12:00 AM
Why does everyone hate on Kobe so much?? LoL.

LA_Showtime
Well, this is what's going to officially get BruceBlitz banned. Everyone rejoice!

wg1man
Well, this is what's going to officially get BruceBlitz banned. Everyone rejoice!
:oldlol:

PleezeBelieve
06-10-2009, 12:01 AM
Outside his first game, blah, dude has been just solid. Right there with the likes of Drexler. Harper in his prime. T-Mac when he's less than his best. I see him as being a very good complimentary player right now.

Worse than Wade.

Worse than LeBron against this very same Magic team.

And even Kobe's first game it took him 34 shots to get 40 points.

Are you impressed by his play relative to his hype as being a possible top-10 player with a win in these Finals?

1~Gibson~1
06-10-2009, 12:01 AM
I was expecting a pre-written, copied and pasted, 10 paragraph essay but not this :oldlol:

Millennium X
06-10-2009, 12:02 AM
bruceblitz is a homeless loser who wishes he was 1/2 of kobe bryant. pathetic moron lmfao

Younggrease
A loss is a loss....Kobe played bad and made crucial mistakes.

Bottom line is he and the Lakers will have another ring in a weeks time.

branslowski
Bruce lives for these moments....But everyone...He's only keeping things in "Perspective"...Owell....Kobe was Garbage this game...Let the Haters rejoice....Jeff, don't Ban Bruce....This is his life....

Quizno
yup

RoseCity07
06-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Lol so many Laker fans get pissed when you bring up Kobe sucking.

zabuza666
Kobe Bryant missed 13 of his last 17 shots in the game, which means Kobe made 4 of his last 17 shots. If I had a nickel for every time this guy disappeared in key games during his career I would donate that 100,000 dollars to charity. Kobe was a stellar 5-10 from the free throw line!

Build a statue for this guy who's still trying to win his first championship as the leader of a team at the age of 30 years old....

cha cha cha choke

:roll: **** you're a sadass. Get a life you dbag.

nbastatus
this must be your happiest day.

danumber88
06-10-2009, 12:04 AM
Kobe Bryant missed 13 of his last 17 shots in the game

That's a true statement and can't be denied but the thread is not appropriate.

RedBlackAttack
Most predictable thread ever? Probably.

giantgonzolez
I just don't understand how the Lakers lost when they got away with a million lose ball fouls, and the officials even had the audacity to call a foul on Howard on a PERFECTLY CLEAN block near the end of the game where he worked very hard to avoid any contact till after the block. I can live with the Lakers getting home cookin' at home, but to get it on the road is absolutely unacceptable.
I've never seen even greats like Olajuwon or Robinson get calls like that in the NBA finals.

JayGuevara
"You call out the fans on this board and you tell fans to stop "agenda" posting. While you allow the "new school" fans bash players like Jordan, Oscar, West, right on down the line to Bill Russell 24/7. As soon as a Jordan fan comes on your board relentlessly defending Jordan against people who have an agenda to take Kobe's legacy and leap frog everyone else, you ban us. Why don't you ban people like fatal9 or roundballrock who agenda post every day I look at your board? You say you promote "real" basketball fans, all I see on here are f'ing homers!

(end rant)"

ISH, where walking contradictions happen.

crisoner
You know you already lost because Kobe IS in the Finals?

Oh yeah the Lakers lead the series 2-1.

Have a nice day.

Son of Disaster
Kobe had a bad game, get over it. It happens.

zabuza666
Most predictable thread ever? Probably.

Nah bruce's is. This comes in at a close second

OneMoreSucka
I think Orlando won.

LA_Showtime
06-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Honestly, I wasn't surprised that Kobe started missing his shots. He wasn't getting in the paint, he was just on fire.

Give Pau Gasol more touches. Fine him if he doesn't shoot 20 times.

DonDadda59

Not the most diplomatic approach, but Blitz does have a point. Imagine if Courtney Lee had made that lay-up in Game 2, Kobe was guarding him after throwing the ball away several times in the fourth and having his s*it packed by Hedo in the final seconds of a tied game. Now this epic performance, just Kobe in the finals. Call me a hater, but you can't deny what we saw tonight was a man imploding when it mattered most. 'Best closer in the game' my a** :roll:

imdaman99
Kobe did suck tonight. But relax, it is 1 game. But you seriously need to stop living vicariously through the shortcomings of another man, its teetering on the brink of homosexuality.

RocketGreatness
Yep he choked tonight. But at least he's not fishing like your other hero LeBron James.

imdaman99
Holy sh!t, even when they lose you guys whine.

Millennium X
06-10-2009, 12:06 AM
Kinda like blazer fans get mad when you bring up oden and the blazers sucking? haha you wish you had kobe instead of your overrated ass team

DuMa
Kobe didnt like what was served. i think he choked up the food actually

juju151111
Whyare people saying Bruce should get banned?? Didn't people make threads after Dwight first bad game?? Saying he was a bum? I am confused here.

branslowski
PleezeBeleive is currently typing this on LeBron's laptop while he's sucking LeBron's dick, he's a good mult-tasker. I hope that bed in LeBron's fishing boat is comfy for ya bro..:cheers:

Disaprine
:lol what a loser, enjoy the loss.

konex
06-10-2009, 12:07 AM
5 by Kobe..in a 4pt loss...

imdaman99
:roll: great av. Did you lose a bet or something? :roll:

danumber88
This guys a scumbag lol, I don't think anyoen takes this guy seriosuly anymore after that bet.

LA_Showtime
:oldlol: @ anyone who says Laker fans are worse than idiots like Gonzalez, RoseCity, MDog, PB, OldSchoolBball, Bruceblitz, Indiefan23, etc.

Grow up, watch the damn game, and do everyone a favor and shut the **** up.

/thread

OneMoreSucka
06-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Kobe didnt like what was served. i think he choked up the food actually
Rumor has it it was actually an aluminum platter. Needless to say Kobe slapped his hands and stared in rage.

bballer
im pretty sure that everyone already knew that.

GUUS
he played badly this game, but has chance for redemption, don't judge until the series is over

Disaprine
Retard

chopchop20
It happens to the best of them. Kobe will bounce back.

Doranku
06-10-2009, 12:09 AM
lol. I don't understand you trolls. What are you going to be saying a week from now when Kobe has his 4th championship ring and his first Finals MVP award?

YAWN
wonder how long its going to take before he is banned again

imdaman99
Rumor has it it was actually an aluminum platter. Needless to say Kobe slapped his hands and stared in rage.
I think Kobe just hit another 3 in Dahntay Jones face.

Disaprine
:roll: :roll: :roll:

GUUS
06-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Kobe played very badly this game, but there are still many games left, he has a chance for redemption, dont judge until the series is over

Odom was stepping up, I dont know why we didnt just keep going to him in the 4th

RoseCity07
06-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Kinda like blazer fans get mad when you bring up oden and the blazers sucking? haha you wish you had kobe instead of your overrated ass team

Overrated team? They finished 4th in the west and have a 2 time all star. I don't want a r*pist on the Blazers, we're past that. No one wants Kobe, the guy has never won a thing with out a big man on his team. Shaq carried him, and now Gasol is the all star that helped LA get to the finals.

Kobe can't even get passed the Suns with out Gasol.

RedBlackAttack
06-10-2009, 12:11 AM
PleezeBeleive is currently typing this on LeBron's laptop while he's sucking LeBron's dick, he's a good mult-tasker. I hope that bed in LeBron's fishing boat is comfy for ya bro..:cheers:
Really no need to go after LeBron. It isn't his fault that PB's mission in life is to annoy Lakers/Kobe fans.

PleezeBelieve
06-10-2009, 12:11 AM
he played badly this game, but has chance for redemption, don't judge until the series is over
I'm not talking about this whole game. I'm talking about the entire series.

Please adjust your perspective.

Avaj
06-10-2009, 12:12 AM
A lost is lost. Let just see who wins the ring at the end :D

Millennium X
Overrated team? They finished 4th in the west and have a 2 time all star. I don't want a r*pist on the Blazers, we're past that. No one wants Kobe, the guy has never won a thing with out a big man on his team. Shaq carried him, and now Gasol is the all star that helped LA get to the finals.

yea your team sucks. you wish you had kobe isntead of roy because maybe then you wouldn't get pounded in the first round.

how many wins has he led you to in the playoffs? second round virgin lmfao

kobe is the best player in the west hands down. keep rooting for you overrated team and hyping up your players that will never even make the finals

fiad06
The Lakers wouldn't have been in the game in the beginning if it wasn't for Kobe. Kobe is only human, he is not going to be flawless all game, every game. Give the best player on the planet a break.

lakers_forever
Really no need to go after LeBron. It isn't his fault that PB's mission in life is to annoy Lakers/Kobe fans.

Yep. It's not Lebron's fault this guy is an idiot. I just don't get stupid fans who feel that you must hate a superstar if you like another.

insidehoops
06-10-2009, 12:13 AM
Magic win NBA Finals Game 3, beat Lakers 108-104. D.Howard 21p14r. R.Alston 20p. R.Lewis 20p. H.Turkoglu 18p6r7a. M.Pietrus 18p. Kobe 31p.

Discuss your post-game thoughts here

GUUS
06-10-2009, 12:14 AM
I'm not talking about this whole game. I'm talking about the entire series.

Please adjust your perspective.
Yep Kobe is playing good, but not an all time great finals performance. You are right.

However the series isnt over and Kobe might yet step up big, its better to judge and say things like this after the series is over rather than mid way though.

shadow
06-10-2009, 12:15 AM

Not the most diplomatic approach, but Blitz does have a point. Imagine if Courtney Lee had made that lay-up in Game 2, Kobe was guarding him after throwing the ball away several times in the fourth and having his s*it packed by Hedo in the final seconds of a tied game. Now this epic performance, just Kobe in the finals. Call me a hater, but you can't deny what we saw tonight was a man imploding when it mattered most. 'Best closer in the game' my a** :roll:

Imagine if he had and the Lakers won game 3. You can't expect to change one past event and then expect everything else to unfold the exact same way. It's entirely possible the Magic don't play with the same energy in game 3 if it's tied 1-1 coming in.

No argument about Kobe choking away the game. He was Orlando's player of the game today.

D-Rose
Lmao Bruce you are the biggest hypocrite ever.

But, again who's up in the series? LA. The only reason LA was close in the game towards the end was cause Kobe had the burst in the 1st Quarter.

PleezeBelieve
And really, is there any reason Kobe shouldn't be playing at an alltime great level?

People TELL me he's an alltime great.

He has the better team.

Is in his prime.

Has WAAAAAY more Finals experience than everyone on the court combined.

So why can't he impress on an alltime level than? Come on, I just saw LeBron put up 38/9/8 on 52% against this team. How hard can it be if you're supposed to be as great as people claim Kobe to be.

lbj23clutch
Yep he choked tonight. But at least he's not fishing like your other hero LeBron James.
this

end/

shawbryant
:bowdown:

don juan de marco
06-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Lakers defense is what sucked this game. And Phil play more shannon brown and less fisher. And please dont play Luke and Sasha at alllllllllllllllllllllllll

Allstar24
06-10-2009, 12:19 AM
I love when PB makes these threads...they usually tend to backfire. I expect Kobe to have a great series from here on :oldlol:

Let the haters enjoy this moment. Because in less than a week, the Lakers will be celebrating their 15th championship and Kobe will be getting his finals mvp...this game will be long forgotten.
:cheers:

shawbryant
06-10-2009, 12:19 AM

cha cha cha choke

I am sorry, Are you a fan of the nuggets? the Jazz?or the Rockets?

bruceblitz
06-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Kobe game 1:
4th quarter? 1-5fg (doesn't really matter/blowout)
Kobe game 2:
4th quarter? 3 turnovers, 2-5fg
Kobe game 3:
misses 13 of his last 17 shots

Some closer. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Doranku
It's okay you guys. Bruce is just upset that he has man-boobs. :(

Anyway, Orlando was lights out this game. 63% from the floor, wow. Nice to see the Lakers kept it close and had a chance for a win.

Lakers win game 4, guaranteed.

chopchop20
The Lakers wouldn't have been in the game in the beginning if it wasn't for Kobe. Kobe is only human, he is not going to be flawless all game, every game. Give the best player on the planet a break.

Kobe distributed the ball, his presence on the court gets out players easy looks.
So it's not like he was awful. He just had some bad luck in the 2nd half.

daily
wait 31 pts 4-9 from behind the arc 8 assists is a "bad game" he makes two of the missed free throws and it's just another night for Kobe. He makes 4 of the 5 missed free throws and the game is still tied

People need to stop trying to shove an agenda down people's throats and give credit to the Magic tonight for shooting an unholy 62% from the field and making some big plays the down stretch. the Lakers did not lose this game, the Magic won it by playing a really great all around game.

Only an idiot would find a way to discredit the Magic and pin this on Kobe as if had some horrible game.

BTW besides removing the growth from Lebrons jaw, they should have removed one hanging from his nuts and we'd be spared these stupid threads.

Kingwillball
06-10-2009, 12:21 AM

wake up dude..take off the rose colored glasses. Lebron is easily better than Kobe.

RoseCity07
The player that scores 30 points with flair is going to be seen as a better player than the guy who scores 30 points off of lay ups. This is why people overrate Kobe.

He makes it look harder than it has to be and yet he gets more credit for it than guys like Wade and Brandon Roy.

The truth is, Kobe's game ruins team morale. No one wants to play with guy that would rather shoot a contested shot and hog all the glory, than pass it to a wide open guy.

Disaprine
:lol admin merge three treads together
ISH = Entrainment

don juan de marco
06-10-2009, 12:22 AM

lol Rosecity here you go again. When we play NBA 2k9 you tell me Kobe is the best in the league. Remember your friend was saying how Lebron is the best while you was saying Kobe is the best but now you are ripping kobe apart

lol Greg Oden career:violin:

Juges8932
06-10-2009, 12:22 AM
You are an absolute disgrace and have lost what little respect was left after your constant attempts at belittling Kobe. This is ridiculous. Get a ****ing life bro. He had a bad game, so what? He's not shying away from the challenge. He keeps bringing it and trying. If not for him, the Lakers wouldn't of been that close to begin with.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-10-2009, 12:24 AM

cha cha cha choke

GO Fcuk URSELF....Atleast he is playing in the Finals...while Lecrap is at home....dont bite kobe balls...which u lick so often

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-10-2009, 12:26 AM
The player that scores 30 points with flair is going to be seen as a better player than the guy who scores 30 points off of lay ups. This is why people overrate Kobe.

He makes it look harder than it has to be and yet he gets more credit for it than guys like Wade and Brandon Roy.

The truth is, Kobe's game ruins team morale. No one wants to play with guy that would rather shoot a contested shot and hog all the glory, than pass it to a wide open guy.

ohh look....little girl is back...

RoseCity07
lol Rosecity here you go again. When we play NBA 2k9 you tell me Kobe is the best in the league. Remember your friend was saying how Lebron is the best while you was saying Kobe is the best but now you are ripping kobe apart

lol Greg Oden career:violin:

No I was saying that Kobe is a better shooter. Yet Lebron seems to be able to make harder shots than Kobe. Never said Kobe was better.

lakers_forever
I'm worried about the haters in ISH. They will probably hang themselves when the Lakers win the title.

Noob Saibot
06-10-2009, 12:27 AM
Kobe on the Lakers = instant NBA Finals appearances.

Kobe on another team = yet to be foretold.

bruceblitz
I'm worried about the haters in ISH. They will probably hang themselves when the Lakers win the title.
Ever since the second half of game 2 the Magic have out-scored the Lakers. Courtney Lee makes a simple layup and it's 2-1.

RedBlackAttack
wait 31 pts 4-9 from behind the arc 8 assists is a "bad game" he makes two of the missed free throws and it's just another night for Kobe. He makes 4 of the 5 missed free throws and the game is still tied

I'm completely against threads like this, because we all know that Kobe is a great player. But, he was a MAJOR reason the Lakers lost tonight and there is really no way around it.

He missed 13 of his last 17 shots and had several turnovers and HUGE missed free throws down the stretch. He had a really good first quarter and a really horrible final three quarters.

If Kobe is going to get the accolades when he steps up at the end of games, he has to get proportional criticism when he stinks it up down the stretch. Tonight, he stunk it up and I'm sure even the most ardent Lakers fans would agree.

Kingwillball
06-10-2009, 12:28 AM
I think if some Kobe Lovers just admitted Lebron was better there wouldn't be such hate for the guy.

bruceblitz
Kobe on the Lakers = instant NBA Finals appearances.

Kobe on another team = yet to be foretold.
Funny you put it that way because Gasol came to the Lakers part way through a season and it was an instant Finals appearance that very season.

Micku
Meh.

It kind'a sucked that Kobe got cold after the 1st quarter.

But, the Lakers need to play better. Magic may continue to play well, but this isn't really a BIG good thing for them. Lakers missed their FTs and Kobe had a bad game, and the game was still close. Magic barely won. They have to continue to play that good.

justin43

cha cha cha choke

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Shame on you. Really, this is just classless.:no: Kobe did choke today and had a key turnover that end the Lakers hopes of winning.

However, show some class. It is posts like this that cause Laker fans to call you a troll.

Anyway, great game, Magic.:cheers: True Magic fans should be very proud of their team for their performance.:pimp:

RoseCity07
06-10-2009, 12:29 AM

They just won't acknowledge it like they did when Boston pounded LA by 40. Like a child in the room screaming, and no one looks up. That will be the what everyone will do if LA wins, ignore it.

D-Rose
06-10-2009, 12:29 AM
Ever since the second half of game 2 the Magic have out-scored the Lakers. Courtney Lee makes a simple layup and it's 2-1.
You do realize that the Magic played as good as they possibly can and shot lights out and along with that Kobe went cold, and they STILL only won by 4 points. Lakers are going to come out hungry in Game 4. We take that, it's 3-1 like on your poster boy in the ECF :cheers:

hwliuLAP
06-10-2009, 12:30 AM
he stunk it up and I'm sure even the most ardent Lakers fans would agree.

Agreed.

It wasn't even poor decisions per say, but just poor ball handling and sloppy passes whenever he got into the lane that turned into a turnover instead of an easy hoop.

A lot of balls bounced the other way and he was the main reason for it.

Butters
06-10-2009, 12:30 AM
Magic go back to L.A. leading 3-2.They will not lose at home.

D-Rose
06-10-2009, 12:31 AM
They just won't acknowledge it like they did when Boston pounded LA by 40. Like a child in the room screaming, and no one looks up. That will be the what everyone will do if LA wins, ignore it.
Too bad Portland will never win a title with a jumpshooting PF and a bust for a Center who makes Dwight Howard look like Hakeem in the post :oldlol: :oldlol:

sportsfan76
06-10-2009, 12:31 AM
Has anyone noticed ESPN shows entire post game conference now but not NBATV like they did during the entire playoffs.

puppychili
06-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Lakers lose. Happy birthday to me!

Fatal9
06-10-2009, 12:33 AM
Where were these threads when Lebron was missing clutch FTs, turning the ball over at an unprecedented rate (7 in 10 minutes I think), going 3-13 in the last three quarters of the ELIMINATION game, shooting 40% on the road?

Wouldn't generally care but Cavs/Lebron trolls (RBA, indianguy) really can't be pushing their petty little agenda right now.

Also :oldlol: at these guys trying to pretend Kobe had a bad game 1 because he shot 34 times to get 40 points. Wow. And he actually played quite well in OT of game 2, so not sure where this choking stuff is coming from...didn't the Lakers win because of Kobe/Pau in the OT?!

What a sad forum. At least wait till the series ends. Is one or two days of trolling really that tempting for you?

RoseCity07
Too bad Portland will never win a title with a jumpshooting PF and a bust for a Center who makes Dwight Howard look like Hakeem in the post :oldlol: :oldlol:

Is Bynum suppose to be a a great center? 4 points in a finals game and one basket was an air ball that got called a goaltend. Sad, Dwight Howard is r*ping him. Pathetic.

Also, why does Aldridge abuse Gasol every time they play? LMAO enjoy Kobe's last few years in the league as the Lakers return to mediocracy.

bruceblitz
:applause: :roll: :oldlol: :roll: :applause:

don juan de marco
06-10-2009, 12:34 AM
No I was saying that Kobe is a better shooter. Yet Lebron seems to be able to make harder shots than Kobe. Never said Kobe was better.

lol you are lieing. You clearly was saying Kobe is the better player. and kobe makes harder shots than lebron. This is the only season lebron has been making tough shots, which are normal shots to kobe or Mcgrady. Kobe and Mcgrady are known for making shots more difficult than they really are

RedBlackAttack
Meh.

It kind'a sucked that Kobe got cold after the 1st quarter.

But, the Lakers need to play better. Magic may continue to play well, but this isn't really a BIG good thing for them. Lakers missed their FTs and Kobe had a bad game, and the game was still close. Magic barely won. They have to continue to play that good.
At the same time, the Magic were completely off for the majority of Game 2 and should have probably won. The last two games have been what I expected in this series... Two evenly matched teams going back-and-forth.

I think Game 1 was an adoration, not the last two. Expect Game 4 to be very close and come right down to the end. Orlando seems to have finally caught their rhythm after an absolutely uncharacteristic HORRIBLE shooting start to the series (first seven quarters).

bruceblitz
Also :oldlol: at these guys trying to pretend Kobe had a bad game 1 because he shot 34 times to get 40 points. Wow. And he actually played quite well in OT of game 2, so not sure where this choking stuff is coming from...didn't the Lakers win because of Kobe/Pau in the OT?!

What a sad forum. At least wait till the series ends. Is one or two days of trolling really that tempting for you?
Back to your agenda fatal, Kobe made 1 shot in that overtime noob.

daily
I think if some Kobe Lovers just admitted Lebron was better there wouldn't be such hate for the guy.Why do you keep bringing up Lebron when he's off in some night club right now? This is a discussion about the finals, the Magic and Lakers. Lebron is a non topic in this thread. Or are you that much of a moran you don't realize the Cavs were sent packing a week ago?

chopchop20
06-10-2009, 12:35 AM
Agreed.

It wasn't even poor decisions per say, but just poor ball handling and sloppy passes whenever he got into the lane that turned into a turnover instead of an easy hoop.

A lot of balls bounced the other way and he was the main reason for it.

Win some, lose some... it hasn't always been pretty in the playoffs. The Lakers have pull out some games that we should have loss. Tonight, we came up short, Kobe came up short.

Just win 2 more games -- doesn't matter how or who plays great or not. Just get the job done.

Fatal9
06-10-2009, 12:35 AM
2 assists to Gasol including the one that basically sealed the game (and-1 play).

RoseCity07
06-10-2009, 12:36 AM
lol you are lieing. You clearly was saying Kobe is the better player. and kobe makes harder shots than lebron. This is the only season lebron has been making tough shots, which are normal shots to kobe or Mcgrady. Kobe and Mcgrady are known for making shots more difficult than they really are

You calling Brandon Roy a glitch every single time I play you...

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-10-2009, 12:37 AM
Magic go back to L.A. leading 3-2.They will not lose at home.

lakers will NOT lose 3 in a row ....i can bet on that

branslowski
06-10-2009, 12:37 AM
Where were these threads when Lebron was missing clutch FTs, turning the ball over at an unprecedented rate (7 in 10 minutes I think), going 3-13 in the last three quarters of the ELIMINATION game, shooting 40% on the road?

Wouldn't generally care but Cavs/Lebron trolls (RBA, indianguy) really can't be pushing their petty little agenda right now.

LeBron doesn't fit the Agenda....duh...:rolleyes:

branslowski
06-10-2009, 12:38 AM

Pot, meat Kettle...:rolleyes:

don juan de marco
06-10-2009, 12:38 AM
I think if some Kobe Lovers just admitted Lebron was better there wouldn't be such hate for the guy.

admit that you are gay. lol you cant be over 17 years old. This man crush has to stop. Nobody makes sense on who is the best. People claim Lebron is better and some claim Kobe is better.

Ok what makes MJ the best player ever? I say Wilt was better. Look at Wilt stats. WIlt is known for setting off the chart records. Jordan only has the rings

OldSchoolBBall
06-10-2009, 12:39 AM
The refs gave LA every chance to win in the 4th with calls and non-calls. Can Turkoglu buy a call this series? I can't believe the way they're letting Ariza play him. Ridiculous. Terrible call on that Howard foul on Kobe that should have been a jump ball, and terrible call when Kobe was trapped and lost it and they called a foul. This is why superstars dominate nowadays -- because you can't take the ball out of their hands; if you try, it's a foul. LOL @ LA's 19 offensive rebounds on the final possession. :oldlol:

I thought that was a bad shot by Kobe from deep on the final possession; I felt they should have gone for a quick two, and a three only if it was available, but he took a very tough, contested 3 early in the clock. Good win for the Magic, but they really had to make a statement today, and I don't feel they made it. Good to see that Piterus has a pulse again, though.

RoseCity07

Oh, and another thing. Portland kicked Orlando's ass in Orlando early in the season. It took Orlando a miracle come back and Steve Blake choking for them to barely win in Portland at the buzzer. LA struggling against them, they might be down 2-1 if it were for Lee missing a lay up.

D-Rose
Is Bynum suppose to be a a great center? 4 points in a finals game and one basket was an air ball that got called a goaltend. Sad, Dwight Howard is r*ping him. Pathetic.

Also, why does Aldridge abuse Gasol every time they play? LMAO enjoy Kobe's last few years in the league as the Lakers return to mediocracy.

Bynum has an offensive game. Greg Oden? Don't even make me start :oldlol:

Every single GM in the league would take Gasol over Aldridge. More versatile, better leader, better scorer, better passer, etc.

RedBlackAttack
06-10-2009, 12:40 AM
Not sure about threads, but you were definitely making the posts to keep everyone well aware of LeBron's struggles. If you notice, I haven't made a thread, simply commented and, the comment that I did make began by praising Bryant as a great player and calling these threads a joke.

I don't remember you doing likewise when LeBron was having a difficult Game 6.

If you were consistent, you would agree with my posts, because I am making the same points that you did after LeBron struggled, except with much less hate and much more credit given to Bryant, in general.

If I am a troll, what the hell are you? We would have to create a new term.

Kobe is a great player who has had a pretty damned good playoff. He really struggled in the final three quarters tonight. In fact, he hasn't really played great in the last two games.

That doesn't mean he isn't a great player or that he is solely to blame for tonight's loss.

Do you disagree with these statements? I have no agenda. I can't stand Orlando.

d-_-b
06-10-2009, 12:40 AM
ಠ_ಠ

D-Rose
06-10-2009, 12:41 AM
The refs gave LA every chance to win in the 4th with calls and non-calls. Can Turkoglu buy a call this series? I can't believe the way they're letting Ariza play him. Ridiculous. Terrible call on that Howard foul on Kobe that should have been a jump ball, and terrible call when Kobe was trapped and lost it and they called a foul. This is why superstars dominate nowadays -- because you can't take the ball out of their hands; if you try, it's a foul. LOL @ LA's 19 offensive rebounds on the final possession. :oldlol:

I thought that was a bad shot by Kobe from deep on the final possession; I felt they should have gone for a quick two, and a three only if it was available, but he took a very tough, contested 3 early in the clock. Good win for the Magic, but they really had to make a statement today, and I don't feel they made it. Good to see that Piterus has a pulse again, though.

Stop b*tching about the calls seriously.

How about the Howard dunk attempt that was easily an offensive foul. Or the Pietrus double dribble that was an EASY call :oldlol:

don juan de marco

lol dont sleep on Portland. They have a very bright future. I liked the lakers chances asoon as Portland was eliminated out the playoffs

RocketGreatness
I don't know what Jackson was thinking playing Farmar over Brown. It's not like Brown was having a bad series. Farmar was pretty good tonight, I just think Brown would have done better possibly. Brown is a better defender in my opinion and much more athletic. Even if this isn't a problem.

Sasha should play over Walton for sure. Walton is a passer and honestly not much more. Can't really shoot. Sasha on the other hand can shoot, play defense and can get into players' heads like Pietrus. He did it to Von Wafer in the Rockets-Lakers series.

justin43
06-10-2009, 12:42 AM
Is this just going to be a "Jump on Kobe for having a Bad game" thread or a post-game discussion thread?

Lakers had a free throw percentage of 61.5% while the Magic shot 75% at the lane. In addition, the Magic shot 62.5% from the field while the Lakers shot only 51.3% from the field. The Magic only won by four points(2 really since the game was over then, but Crawford continue the game).:hammerhead: If I try to look at turnovers, both teams have 13 turnovers and 10 fast break points. The Lakers have the advantage at the paint 40 to 36.

Allstar24
Man...a lot of these people will go into a state of depression when the Lakers win their championship next week...so sad.

Fatal9
The refs gave LA every chance to win in the 4th with calls and non-calls. Can Turkoglu buy a call this series? I can't believe the way they're letting Ariza play him. Ridiculous. Terrible call on that Howard foul on Kobe that should have been a jump ball, and terrible call when Kobe was trapped and lost it and they called a foul.
What about all four shooting fouls that weren't called in the first quarter on Kobe? :confusedshrug:

Can't get them all and in realtime it did look like an obvious foul as there was a ton of contact on the body.

D-Rose
06-10-2009, 12:43 AM
Oh, and another thing. Portland kicked Orlando's ass in Orlando early in the season. It took Orlando a miracle come back and Steve Blake choking for them to barely win in Portland at the buzzer. LA struggling against them, they might be down 2-1 if it were for Lee missing a lay up.
Lakers struggling :oldlol:

We won the OT, wasn't given to us.

Orlando shot lights out, that's expected on the first game back home, Kobe had a bad game and STILL WE WERE RIGHT THERE!

Cleveland kicked everyone's ass but Orlando kicked theirs? Making comparisons like that is so lame :oldlol:

don juan de marco
06-10-2009, 12:44 AM
You calling Brandon Roy a glitch every single time I play you...

I cant lie Roy is good. Its just that we dont really see many Blazer games unless they play the lakers. But in the game Roy couldnt do no wrong

RedBlackAttack
06-10-2009, 12:45 AM
Oh, and another thing. Portland kicked Orlando's ass in Orlando early in the season. It took Orlando a miracle come back and Steve Blake choking for them to barely win in Portland at the buzzer.
What the hell does that have to do with anything? The Cavs owned the Blazers in the regular season.

It means nothing in the playoffs.

D-Rose
Excuse me? Luke and Farmar did really well this game. Luke makes more plays than Sasha, he just jacks up crap shots.

Butters

It's very easy to talk out of our asses on a forum.we will just wait and see.:cheers:

cdbleb
06-10-2009, 12:46 AM
Jackson couldn't recall a game ending on a goaltending call, but felt this one should have.

He was asked if the correct call was made.

"According to the rules, it was not," he said. "It wasn't made."

The NBA says the no call was correct:

However, the NBA said Bernie Fryer, the league's vice president and director of officials, confirmed the call on the court was correct and there was no goaltending.

The actual rule states:

Rule No. 11, section I-A (i) of the NBA rules says a player shall not "vibrate the rim or backboard so as to cause the ball to make an unnatural bounce."

http://i43.tinypic.com/iyh3k3.jpg

So, did Gasol cause the rim to shake enough to make the ball have an unnatural bounce? Should the Magic be up 2-1 in this series right now (Watch the blue reflection)?

LINK: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4246830

RoseCity07
06-10-2009, 12:47 AM
I cant lie Roy is good. Its just that we dont really see many Blazer games unless they play the lakers. But in the game Roy couldnt do no wrong

Forget this sh*t. I should have my 360 back by monday if UPS delivers on time. I'm going to send you an invite then, my blazers vs current Lakers. It's already over.

Going to abuse you with Aldridge in the post. You try and stop that, I know how to shoot 3's with Rudy and Outlaw now. Outlaw doesn't miss.

You some how figure out how to shut that down, I got Roy to tear Kobe apart on the other side of the court. Watch out next week. Don't get scared.

Indian guy
Fatal9 of all people *****ing about petty agendas and trolls :oldlol:

He becomes even more oblivious than usual after a poor game by his hero.

lakers_forever
Sasha enters the game with one only job: make open shots. And he has not been able to make them, which makes him completely useless.
I'd put Brown at the 2 instead of giving minutes to that Euro scub.

Fatal9
06-10-2009, 12:48 AM
I don't remember you doing likewise when LeBron was having a difficult Game 6.
Um, you really want me to dig up posts of me calling him the best, blaming the Cavs for lack of support, etc etc in the game threads? I was making posts to calm down all the fans (indian_guy big example) who were trying to pretend he played well every game or that he had a series to compare with Jordan's best.

:oldlol: at your discreet trolling. Very subtle but it's been exposed in the last couple of days.

Also, :oldlol: at the trolls trying to turn me into some sort of a Kobe fan.

D-Rose
Shard gets paid $118 million, and he's wearing the same shirt from last postgame :oldlol:

justin43
Is this just going to be a "Jump on Kobe for having a Bad game" thread or a post-game discussion thread?

Lakers had a free throw percentage of 61.5% while the Magic shot 75% at the lane. In addition, the Magic shot 62.5% from the field while the Lakers shot only 51.3% from the field. The Magic only won by four points(2 really since the game was over then, but Crawford continue the game).:hammerhead: If I try to look at turnovers, both teams have 13 turnovers and 10 fast break points. The Lakers have the advantage at the paint 40 to 36.

@Butters
I wouldn't be so quick to think that the Magic can win three games at home after looking at these stats.

White Chocolate
We would need another angle to tell. It doesn't look like Pau grabbing the net made the backboard shake.

YAWN
06-10-2009, 12:49 AM
the answer is in your post. there was no "unnatural bounce"

mbell75
06-10-2009, 12:49 AM

True. Thurs is a must win for Orlando too. They go down 3-1 and have to win 3 straight, forget it. Its as good as over.

GiveItToBurrito
06-10-2009, 12:50 AM
I definitely agree about Brown, since I think that Farmar has been in a slump pretty much since he got hurt. Vujacic over Walton is more debatable, though, since Sasha doesn't seem to contribute much when he's not hitting his shots. Vujacic is definitely the better player, but I would favor Walton with his size and experience to guard Turkoglu. I guess it comes down to a question of floor spacing vs defense.

Shepseskaf
Who's Watlon?

Thom.Yorke
kobe cost us the game, to be honest.

don juan de marco

lol why people keep bringing up that lee play? the point is that he choked just like kobe was choking tonight. We can also say what if the refs would of called goal tending in the first quarter on howard when his hand was in the rim. i still blame this lost on Luke Walton the cancer. well sasha too. when was the last time sasha made a shot? why is Luke even in the NBA is beyond me.

Allstar24
The Lakers are yet to lose back to back games in the playoffs...they always bounce back from tough losses. I have a good feeling about game 4, the Lakers will be ready.

RocketGreatness
06-10-2009, 12:51 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Brown and Farmar in the same lineup especially if Fisher is struggling or if Kobe is tired.

Also, I think Bynum is going to need more minutes. Gasol cannot check or box out Howard by any means. He can hardly box out Tony Battie and Marcin Gortat.

If Sasha can make his shots he should play over Walton, If not I wouldn't mind seeing Walton play since he knows how to keep the ball moving. However, Farmar on the other hand is very inconsistent and that game tonight is just as rare as the Magic shooting 62%.

branslowski
06-10-2009, 12:52 AM
Fatal9 of all people *****ing about petty agendas and trolls :oldlol:

He becomes even more oblivious than usual after a poor game by his hero.

In all fairness though....Is he the only guy you think has an Agenda? Or is it only an Agenda when it goes against what you beleive?...Same can be said for the guy's on this board who bashes Kobe at any chance they get, and suck LeBron's dick afterwards...Bashing Kobe to Prop up LeBron....Bashing LeBron to Prop up Kobe= Goes hand and hand....Thats all...

cdbleb
06-10-2009, 12:54 AM
We would need another angle to tell. It doesn't look like Pau grabbing the net made the backboard shake.
The net? He hits the rim and shakes the backboard, look at the blue reflection shake before the ball hits the top of the box. That could have caused an unnatural bounce (Not saying did, but could have). I do agree though a different angle might tell more of the story, but Phil and the NBA disagree and they both have access to different angles.

Why did the thread get moved here? This is a POST GAME 3 discussion thread, my thread was about Phil Jackson saying Pau should have been called for basket interference IN GAME 2. Is this how ISH plans on sorting out threads now? Just throw them all in irrelevant sticky threads so people overlook them?

RedBlackAttack
06-10-2009, 12:54 AM
Um, you really want me to dig up posts of me calling him the best, blaming the Cavs for lack of support, etc etc in the game threads? I was making posts to calm down all the fans (indian_guy big example) who were trying to pretend he played well every game or that he had a series to compare with Jordan's best.

:oldlol: at your discreet trolling. Very subtle but it's been exposed in the last couple of days.

Also, :oldlol: at the trolls trying to turn me into some sort of a Kobe fan.
If you say so. My main focus tonight was on Pietrus in hopes that he continued to get owned by Kobe, because I really grew to dislike him during the course of the ECF. In fact, the only thing I really talked about during the game was Pietrus and his pathetic play. Then, he showed me up in the fourth quarter.

Yes... I'd like for you to dig up said threads, specifically the game thread from Game 6 of the ECF. Then, compare it to my posts tonight. I've barely even criticized Bryant and I expect him to come back in full force in Game 4. The Magic really can't defend him.

don juan de marco
06-10-2009, 12:55 AM
Forget this sh*t. I should have my 360 back by monday if UPS delivers on time. I'm going to send you an invite then, my blazers vs current Lakers. It's already over.

Going to abuse you with Aldridge in the post. You try and stop that, I know how to shoot 3's with Rudy and Outlaw now. Outlaw doesn't miss.

You some how figure out how to shut that down, I got Roy to tear Kobe apart on the other side of the court. Watch out next week. Don't get scared.

lol man i beat you by over 50 points and i held you to 4 points in a quarter. u cant hang with me boy!! lol but honestly my nba2k9 disc is cracked:(

daily
06-10-2009, 12:56 AM
The net? He hits the rim and shakes the backboard, look at the blue reflection shake before the ball hits the top of the box. That could have caused an unnatural bounce (Not saying did, but could have). I do agree though a different angle might tell more of the story, but Phil and the NBA disagree and they both have access to different angles.He over shot the rim, the ball grazed the outside of the rim on its way by, there was no way that ball was ever going to get a bounce that would pop it back the other way.

Fatal9
06-10-2009, 12:57 AM
Who really cares though? If Lakers lose the series, Kobe should get all the blame. But if they win, the last three quarters of this game aren't going to be remembered at all. At least wait for the next couple of games to play out because right now he is still averaging like 33/5/8 on 47%.

OldSchoolBBall
06-10-2009, 12:58 AM
What about all four shooting fouls that weren't called in the first quarter on Kobe? :confusedshrug:

Can't get them all and in realtime it did look like an obvious foul as there was a ton of contact on the body.

Didn't see the first half, that's why I was looking for a feed earlier. I decided to head to the bar to watch the second half.

don juan de marco
06-10-2009, 12:58 AM
I definitely agree about Brown, since I think that Farmar has been in a slump pretty much since he got hurt. Vujacic over Walton is more debatable, though, since Sasha doesn't seem to contribute much when he's not hitting his shots. Vujacic is definitely the better player, but I would favor Walton with his size and experience to guard Turkoglu. I guess it comes down to a question of floor spacing vs defense.

WHOOOOOOO!! Walton is always getting scored on. Walton cant do **** right. What can walton do that i cant do? Walton gets paid millions for being able to pass a ball **** i can do that:hammerhead:

justin43
06-10-2009, 12:59 AM
Well, I will be interested in the next game. I wasn't expecting a sweep to be honest.

D-Rose
06-10-2009, 12:59 AM
WHOOOOOOO!! Walton is always getting scored on. Walton cant do **** right. What can walton do that i cant do? Walton gets paid millions for being able to pass a ball **** i can do that:hammerhead:
Gimme a break, Walton was decent in stretches tonight and was great in the first two games.

He's the perfect roleplayer for the triangle offense.

Butters
06-10-2009, 01:00 AM
@Butters
I wouldn't be so quick to think that the Magic can win three games at home after looking at these stats.

What are stats?:DI beleive in Magic....

daily
06-10-2009, 01:01 AM
If you say so. My main focus tonight was on Pietrus in hopes that he continued to get owned by Kobe, because I really grew to dislike him during the course of the ECF. In fact, the only thing I really talked about during the game was Pietrus and his pathetic play. Then, he showed me up in the fourth quarter.

Yes... I'd like for you to dig up said threads, specifically the game thread from Game 6 of the ECF. Then, compare it to my posts tonight. I've barely even criticized Bryant and I expect him to come back in full force in Game 4. The Magic really can't defend him.How can anyone dislike Pietrus? He rises to the challenge and makes some big plays. Plays hard, plays clean, plays big minutes. He can be a bit inconsistent but that's why he's role player and comes off the bench.

Originally Posted by justin43
@Butters
I wouldn't be so quick to think that the Magic can win three games at home after looking at these stats.Lakers have not lost 3 games in a row in over a year.

cdbleb
06-10-2009, 01:02 AM
Why did the thread get moved here? This is a POST GAME 3 discussion thread, my thread was about Phil Jackson saying Pau should have been called for basket interference IN GAME 2. Is this how ISH plans on sorting out threads now? Just throw them all in irrelevant sticky threads so people overlook them?

Im still waiting for an answer from whoever moved it...

Jenna J
06-10-2009, 01:04 AM
GO ORLANDO!!!

They blow there chance in game 2 and that really cost them but thankfully they won the first game at home tonight and if they take game 4 we got a real series as I really hope Orlando can pull the upset.

RedBlackAttack
06-10-2009, 01:06 AM
How can anyone dislike Pietrus? He rises to the challenge and makes some big plays. Plays hard, plays clean, plays big minutes. He can be a bit inconsistent but that's why he's role player and comes off the bench.
If you would have gone through what I went through as a Cavs' fan in the ECF, you would understand. The guy simply could not miss on his little corner 3-pointers off of the ball rotation. Then, he started hitting ridiculous, out of this world shots that had no business going in. But, what made me angry and ultimately hope for his failure in the Finals was that, after every made jumper, the guy would laugh hysterically all the way back down court. It got really annoying... Maybe not to a neutral observer, but when the guy is throwing daggers in your heart and then constantly chuckling about it, you tend to hold a grudge.

Then, he comes into this series and, in the first 2 3/4 games, he didn't do a f#cking thing and looked like he was about to sh!t his pants the majority of the time.

I don't dislike him as a person, obviously. When I say that I 'dislike' Pietrus, it is his play and, more specifically, his dagger shots and smarmy smirks and laughs.

Any sports fan that had their team suffer such a devastating series should understand where I'm coming from.

Fatal9
06-10-2009, 01:06 AM
Kobe still shot better than Lebron did in any of the three games in Orlando. Also, despite him choking, it was no where near the Lebron choke of 7 turnovers in a 10 minute span in game 4 (which Cleveland had wrapped up if he holds on to the ball). Not that I really care, but interesting to note that the OP didn't make threads about that, nor did half the board go into a frenzy calling it a choke. What a pathetic forum. :oldlol: at me being a Kobe fan because I said he's top 10 if he wins this year (any reasonable people disagree?!?!). What a sad forum, reasonable posters like me are labeled as "trolls". I do recall being called that when I was critical of the Cavs team during the season and everything I called turned out to be true in the Magic series. Apparently my agendas have ranged from anti-Lebron, pro-Wade, pro-Kobe, anti-Kobe (according to Laker fans in some threads), anti-Jordan (because I like Pippen), pro-Jordan. Hilarious stuff :oldlol:

hwliuLAP
06-10-2009, 01:07 AM
At the same time, the Magic were completely off for the majority of Game 2 and should have probably won. The last two games have been what I expected in this series... Two evenly matched teams going back-and-forth.

I think Game 1 was an adoration, not the last two. Expect Game 4 to be very close and come right down to the end. Orlando seems to have finally caught their rhythm after an absolutely uncharacteristic HORRIBLE shooting start to the series (first seven quarters).

False, I'll call it now, that tomorrow will be a blow out.

I expected Alston or Nelson to go off tonight since I knew they would push the tempo much faster, and they did. Now Lakers will try to slow down the tempo a little bit more, get better positions, by actually paying attention to their point guards. I still think Lakers should only focus on Hedo and Howard instead of Lewis. I think a lot of plays Hedo get things going by playing a fast paced foward who could pass and shoot, so try to contain him and stop him from blowing up will be a key issue.

I liked what I saw from Bynum in the 1st half, I think if he can play a little bigger by either staying in the game longer or grabbing more rebounds, I see us winning it.

RedBlackAttack
06-10-2009, 01:11 AM
LOL... I said Game 1 was an 'adoration'... I need sleep. :hammerhead:

Fatal9
06-10-2009, 01:15 AM
Classic Kobe tonight though. He's on his way to an incredible playoff run, hits insane shots in the first half and chokes away the game in the second half to let Magic back in the series.

Story of his career. He simmers, simmers but never brings it to a boil.

Mrofir
06-10-2009, 01:16 AM
Fortunate win for the Magic.. shooting lights out to counter Kobe's ridiculous first half. Some late game what-ifs for the Lakers to even things out a bit helps the Magic psychologically too. Game 4 will be the determinant of whether this is a series or not. This was just the prerequisite.

RedBlackAttack
06-10-2009, 01:19 AM
Kobe still shot better than Lebron did in any of the three games in Orlando. Also, despite him choking, it was no where near the Lebron choke of 7 turnovers in a 10 minute span in game 4 (which Cleveland had wrapped up if he holds on to the ball). Not that I really care, but interesting to note that the OP didn't make threads about that, nor did half the board go into a frenzy calling it a choke.
First, you do care and you've made that abundantly clear. Secondly, LeBron played miserably in the final few minutes and the overtime period of that game. At the same time, he logged 49 minutes (which could be some kind of playoff record for a one overtime game) and hit the game tying free throws with 0.5 seconds left in regulation.

Completely different scenario for Kobe tonight and that should be clear to anyone and everyone.

LeBron has absolutely had some meltdowns in the last five minutes of playoff games in his career. Who the hell would dispute that? I just didn't see you jumping to his defense when there were multitudes of threads made after each one. In fact, if memory serves me, you were a driving force behind such threads.

Now, you have mostly defended Kobe after his performance tonight and YOU are the one who brought LeBron into this in an attempt to diminish Bryant's negative impact in the second half. No one said a word about LeBron until you showed up, but you still wonder why you are looked at as a troll?

Why even bring him into it?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
People think with some comman sense......Orlando won...thats great...but other then laker haters and real magic fans...do u think your team will shoot 62.5% in 4 game to win the game?

The lakers were still in the game till the last second......

rfm767
gay game, lakers better wrap up game 4 or else some unpleasant surprise might be ahead of us

derman
06-10-2009, 01:20 AM

LOL
and what exactly did made the backboard to shake ? c-lee's breath ?

he didnt just grab the net. he pushed hard the rim

derman
06-10-2009, 01:26 AM
The NBA says the no call was correct:

The actual rule states:

http://i43.tinypic.com/iyh3k3.jpg

So, did Gasol cause the rim to shake enough to make the ball have an unnatural bounce? Should the Magic be up 2-1 in this series right now (Watch the blue reflection)?

LINK: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4246830

Yes he did; the backboard shaked violently; evidence for this is the blue line; at exactly the moment the ball hit the backboard the backboard was shaking hard because of pau's hitting of the rim; pau did only not " touch the net" , he
hit the rim hard

that should have been called an goaltend

D-Rose
06-10-2009, 01:27 AM
Yes he did; the backboard shaked violently; evidence for this is the blue line; at exactly the moment the ball hit the backboard the backboard was shaking hard because of pau's hitting of the rim; pau did only not " touch the net" , he
hit the rim hard

that should have been called an goaltend
so should the dwight one...they both cancel out...still OT

RedBlackAttack
06-10-2009, 01:28 AM
People think with some comman sense......Orlando won...thats great...but other then laker haters and real magic fans...do u think your team will shoot 62.5% in 4 game to win the game?

The lakers were still in the game till the last second......
...because the Lakers shot 52-percent from the field, which is nothing to sneeze at. The Magic only shot 14 3-pointers. It isn't like they were chucking up a bunch of junk and it just happened to be falling. They were getting and making high percentage shots.

I'm not saying that the Magic are better than the Lakers or that they are going to win, but you can't just look at their FG% and decide that the Magic are over-matched and just had a good night.

Hell... The Magic shot 41-percent to the Lakers' 46-percent in Game 2 and they were literally in the game until the last half second. Do you think the Magic will shoot 41-percent from the field again? Maybe, maybe not.

Each game takes on a life of its own. The simple fact is that there have been three games in this series and two have been extraordinarily close, including an overtime win for LA.

These are two evenly matched teams... I stand by that.

Peter Griffin
06-10-2009, 01:32 AM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

LeBron James Fans in this thread! Freakin Sweet!

I havn't seen this much double-standard bitterness since OJ Simson put his son on punishment for smacking his Girl Friend!

don juan de marco
06-10-2009, 01:36 AM
Gimme a break, Walton was decent in stretches tonight and was great in the first two games.

He's the perfect roleplayer for the triangle offense.

awww man someone is giving Luke Walton credit!!:hammerhead: i must be going crazy. You sure ur not speaking of Bill Walton?

lol u must be a hardcore laker fan. Please admit our flaws. Puke Walton has always be a huge laker flaw

All Net
06-10-2009, 01:40 AM
Orlando deserved this game...you aren't going to sweep a team as good as Orlando. The magic shot 62% from the field...75% in the first half..they just had a great shooting night.

Yet L.A still had a chance to win it...Kobe made some bad mistakes as did a few others yet they still could of won...from a Laker point of view this isn't a loss to be angry about.

Granted L.A shot well too but the difference between 62% and 52% is quite big and it's the fact Orlando shot over 70% in the first half as well...

Don't see L.A dropping two straight.

I'm off to Orlando in the morning for games 4 and 5..will likely check the forum on my laptop and post then.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-10-2009, 01:40 AM
You can't give up 63%fg and expect to win.
Play better D!
and, umm, Gasol? maybe you could get some rebounds please.

chopchop20
06-10-2009, 01:43 AM

Haters didn't observe that Kobe was facilitator early in the game and made some good passes throughout. So overall, it was not a John Starks, Game 7 performance.

I don't get all this talk about hogging the ball. Are we supposed to be passive? Defer and pass the ball to Ariza and Bynum (who didn't make one good play all night) all night?

Of course Orlando is going to let those guys shoot all night. Kobe has to keep attacking and just do what he does best.

monkeypox
06-10-2009, 01:57 AM
I figured they would lose this one, but damnit they could have pulled it out. Some bone head plays there at the end. I mean, I love kobe's desire to put the game away, but come on you can give it up every once in awhile when you're triple teamed. Anyways, awesome game by the magic.

LA_Showtime
06-10-2009, 02:42 AM
The loss didn't disappoint me. Kobe not helping up Gasol after Kobe bobbled the ball disappointed me.

LakersLaLaLand
06-10-2009, 03:20 AM
Great game :applause: :applause: :applause:

Lucky Magic fans. Congrats on your 1st Finals win as a Frachise.

Agent_Zero
06-10-2009, 03:29 AM
Finally we get a series going but Lakers will still prevail here, most likely in 6. Magic played hard tonight though...and to think if Lee made that shot they'd be up 2-1 with two more home games...every play counts it's crazy.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
06-10-2009, 03:50 AM
Congrats on yesterday win Orlando's fans.. :)

Go Lakers!!

Kebab Stall
06-10-2009, 04:27 AM
Man, I was nervous going in to the final 2 miuntes of the game and I'm not even a fan of either team. I want the Magic to win and I've started rooting for them, but still, not a big fan, yet I find myself shouting at the TV and cheering them on.

Orlando looked a complete mess in the final 2 and half miuntes, until they finally sorted things out and looked to be on track in the final minute, maybe less.

I was terrified that Orlando was going to give up some stupid foul that would cost them the game, during that final minute. I could just sense one coming.

Also, trust f*cking Crawford to get involved, late in the game. It was only a matter of time with that guy. Clean block on Kobe, very little to warrant a call, but Crawford calls it anyway. I'm glad that the refs just let them play after that call. Let the players decide who wins, not the refs.

But, it doesn't really matter in the end. The magic won. It's now a 2-1 series. Orlando have confidence and still have 2 home games to play before going back to LA.

poido123
06-10-2009, 06:14 AM
You know you already lost because Kobe IS in the Finals?

Oh yeah the Lakers lead the series 2-1.

Have a nice day.

Sour puss :hammerhead:

And you Lakers fans didnt see an implosion coming? Kobe wants all the attention for himself, well he's also gotta take the criticism part too... Bruce Blitz is a little bit controversial, but for anyone who dislikes the Lakers, I find his comments amusing :lol

poido123
06-10-2009, 06:58 AM
Does anyone get the feeling that game 5 will be the most pivotal game? That's taking into account that the Magic wins game 4, I just think that it will be tough for the Magic to beat a good team 3 times in a row, its a big ask...They have to do game 4 first, I don't like the Lakers, but I could maybe see them snatching away game 5 and going on to win the series...

No_Look604
06-10-2009, 07:06 AM
The loss didn't disappoint me. Kobe not helping up Gasol after Kobe bobbled the ball disappointed me.

whaaaat? never noticed, that is fcuked....unless he immediately ran back or

was looking up to the rafters thinking fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk GIF? hahaha

that turnover was tough to watch.

I think Kobe going into distributer role & not looking for his shot..

really fcuked up his rhythm.

Courtney Lee made some nice plays too.

Kebab Stall
06-10-2009, 07:19 AM
Does anyone get the feeling that game 5 will be the most pivotal game? That's taking into account that the Magic wins game 4, I just think that it will be tough for the Magic to beat a good team 3 times in a row, its a big ask...They have to do game 4 first, I don't like the Lakers, but I could maybe see them snatching away game 5 and going on to win the series...
Game 3 was the pivotal game. It was either go down 3-0 and stand no chance of winning or get a win back and go 2-1, with a chance to try and even the series and possibly take a lead after game 5.

The Magic Man
06-10-2009, 07:31 AM
Orlando deserved this game...you aren't going to sweep a team as good as Orlando. The magic shot 62% from the field...75% in the first half..they just had a great shooting night.

Yet L.A still had a chance to win it...Kobe made some bad mistakes as did a few others yet they still could of won...from a Laker point of view this isn't a loss to be angry about.

Granted L.A shot well too but the difference between 62% and 52% is quite big and it's the fact Orlando shot over 70% in the first half as well...

Don't see L.A dropping two straight.

I'm off to Orlando in the morning for games 4 and 5..will likely check the forum on my laptop and post then.

Best way to sum it up. Look, Orlando basically played the game of thier lives and won by 4. And it was mainly due to our screw-ups near the end more than Magic defense. They made every damn shot last night. D Howard looked like kareem at times, making running sky hooks and sh*t. Rafer looked like Chris Paul, running around making whatever shot he felt like. Hell, tell me Pietrus didn't look like Kobe on that turnaround fadeaway on Luke? Honestly, this was all expected. We knew these dudes would be amped up. The thing that Orlando should be taking a hard look at is the fact that we still could of, and should of, won that game.

Now, as I told someone all day yesterday (you know who you are), when Orlando plays like that, they are tough. They shot less 3s last night and played more inside-out. When they chuck 20+ 3s, we got em.Here's hoping they got back to 3 ball in Game 5.

poido123
06-10-2009, 07:43 AM
Best way to sum it up. Look, Orlando basically played the game of thier lives and won by 4. And it was mainly due to our screw-ups near the end more than Magic defense. They made every damn shot last night. D Howard looked like kareem at times, making running sky hooks and sh*t. Rafer looked like Chris Paul, running around making whatever shot he felt like. Hell, tell me Pietrus didn't look like Kobe on that turnaround fadeaway on Luke? Honestly, this was all expected. We knew these dudes would be amped up. The thing that Orlando should be taking a hard look at is the fact that we still could of, and should of, won that game.

Now, as I told someone all day yesterday (you know who you are), when Orlando plays like that, they are tough. They shot less 3s last night and played more inside-out. When they chuck 20+ 3s, we got em.Here's hoping they got back to 3 ball in Game 5.

Sure, the lakers were within arm's reach no doubt...The thing I would be more concerned about as a Lakers fan, is Kobe's emerging tantrums, his dummy spits and angry faces will not be rubbing off well on his teammates...I like Ariza and Gasol on this team, but even Gasol to me has been getting that ugly attitude Kobe has, he never had it with the grizzlies, and don't say thats because he's winning more with the Lakers!:confusedshrug:

The_Yearning
06-10-2009, 08:22 AM
After watching game 3, I think Kobe really do got that street hunger son you see how he fouled Lewis with 0.5 secs left? Man that's street hunger for ya...

The_Yearning
06-10-2009, 08:27 AM

Check it. The Miami Heat never beat Dallas by more than 10 points in any of the Finals game. Check it.

JellyBean
06-10-2009, 08:28 AM
I am wondering what the point of this thread was?

I thought that it was to discuss the game. Anyway, the Lakers did their best, it is just that the Magic was shooting lights out. Come now, when Mickael Pietrus hit that running floater..sideways, I knew then that we had our work cut out for us.

Overall, the effort was there. We just could not hit shots down the last part of the game.

cotdt
06-10-2009, 08:51 AM
The Magics played a perfect game, as good a game as they'll ever hope to play, while the Lakers played a sub-par game, and still the Magic only won by 2 points (before the 2 free throws at the end after the game was decided).

cormacraig
06-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Game 3 was the pivotal game. It was either go down 3-0 and stand no chance of winning or get a win back and go 2-1, with a chance to try and even the series and possibly take a lead after game 5.

If I was a Magic fan, I'd cheer up thanks to the Stanley Cup final series, where the Pens return form 0-2 all the way to a seventh game.

Knoe Itawl
06-10-2009, 09:31 AM
The Magics played a perfect game, as good a game as they'll ever hope to play, while the Lakers played a sub-par game, and still the Magic only won by 2 points (before the 2 free throws at the end after the game was decided).

I hate when people post homer garbage. Sure they shot lights out but they still had far too many stupid turnovers which almost cost them. Believe it or not, there's more to playing well than shooting percentage. If they ever get their turnover situation worked out + shoot decently then they will be playing a good a game as they'll ever hope to play. Please cut the hyperbole nonsense.

Knoe Itawl
06-10-2009, 09:43 AM
Kobe game 1:
4th quarter? 1-5fg (doesn't really matter/blowout)
Kobe game 2:
4th quarter? 3 turnovers, 2-5fg
Kobe game 3:
misses 13 of his last 17 shots

Some closer. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Without the personal attack bs against blitz, can any Laker fan actually STAY ON TOPIC and defend this?

Point out how this is an "all time great, top 10 player of all time" performance?

Cut all the nonsense and just focus on the ISSUE.

cotdt
06-10-2009, 09:57 AM
I hate when people post homer garbage. Sure they shot lights out but they still had far too many stupid turnovers which almost cost them. Believe it or not, there's more to playing well than shooting percentage. If they ever get their turnover situation worked out + shoot decently then they will be playing a good a game as they'll ever hope to play. Please cut the hyperbole nonsense.

Both teams had 13 turnovers. That's quite typical for Orlando, and against the TO-generating Lakers, not bad. It's the best that I've seen Orlando play in this playoffs, pretty much playing up to their best potential, and in basketball we call this "playing perfect"

Orlando shot amazing considering that the Lakers loaded the paint and forced them to take a lot of jumpshots. They rebounded well, played excellent defense, and ran the ball better than they ever did during this playoffs. Excellent passing and offense. SVG was happy with the way they played for the first time this entire season.

I have never seen Orlando play with this much intensity. They played like crap against 76ers and the Celtics, and played like crap in their first 2 games against the Cavs (they were down by 23 and 16 at half-times for a reason) but happened to split it 1-1 anyway. They played like crap again Game 1 against the Lakers. But Games 2 and 3, man they played some great basketball.

This Game 3... Kobe failed us. He didn't do his job as a closer. It is one of those rare moments that won't happen again.

nashisbest
06-10-2009, 10:51 AM
bout time they feed dwight at deep post position. in the first 2 games they were feeding him so far away from the post making him ineffective an predictable

even for game 3 they are not feeding him enough

Parthenon
06-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Joey Crawford needs to stop being a ref - now. I cannot remember the last time a big game that he was involved in got called well. I don't think there is some sort of gambling ring going down here, but he is just not a good ref. Pressure calls, big calls, last two minutes calls, he always drops them. I think he gets too into the game, takes too much enjoyment from calling against the big players.... he's just rubbish, IMO.

letsgolakers123
06-10-2009, 10:57 AM
whatever, its was expected for the lakers to lose. lakers take it in game 6.

Kingwillball
06-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Both teams had 13 turnovers. That's quite typical for Orlando, and against the TO-generating Lakers, not bad. It's the best that I've seen Orlando play in this playoffs, pretty much playing up to their best potential, and in basketball we call this "playing perfect"

Orlando shot amazing considering that the Lakers loaded the paint and forced them to take a lot of jumpshots. They rebounded well, played excellent defense, and ran the ball better than they ever did during this playoffs. Excellent passing and offense. SVG was happy with the way they played for the first time this entire season.

I have never seen Orlando play with this much intensity. They played like crap against 76ers and the Celtics, and played like crap in their first 2 games against the Cavs (they were down by 23 and 16 at half-times for a reason) but happened to split it 1-1 anyway. They played like crap again Game 1 against the Lakers. But Games 2 and 3, man they played some great basketball.

This Game 3... Kobe failed us. He didn't do his job as a closer. It is one of those rare moments that won't happen again.

Disagree, against the Sixers they won a closeout gm on the Road without Howard series went from 2-2 to 4-2. Against the Celtics they were down 3-2 in series and won at home to force gm 7 and dominated gm 7 in Boston. Against Cavs they were down big in first 2 games but showed alot of resiliacey to come back both times. Than in the closeout gm they played lights out and made sure Cavs didn't send it back home for gm 7. Basically they have a never quit attitude so knowbody should be surprised if they send this series back to LA.

ANBU21
06-10-2009, 11:30 AM

By no means did orlando play a great game and regardless of what you say, 13 TO's is NOT normal for the magic. Orlando did a horrible job of rebounding the ball, lakers had 14 more field goal attempts than the Magic, that's what kept them in the game. Both teams played crappy D, no where near both teams normal defensive level.

Killer_Instinct
06-10-2009, 11:51 AM
no, what's an act is Kobe going up to his wife and kids after every game and pretending he loves them

:roll: Now we're aware the man doesn't love his own wife and kids. Did Kobe text you that he hates his wife? Wants to drown his children? Does anyone not see anything wrong with making an assumption if someone loves their own family? :roll:

tontoz
06-10-2009, 12:14 PM
The Magic made only 5 threes last night. They are averaging 8.5 made 3s per game in the playoffs and averaged 10 per game in the regular season. They made 17 in game 4 against the Cavs shooting 45% from 3.

The Magic's shooting is why they are in the Finals in the first place. Acting like their hot shooting is some kind of anomoly is pretty naive.

I wonder what Kobe fans would be saying if Lebron shot 5-10 from the ft line in a tight finals game and shot 3-10 from the field in the 2nd half.

cotdt
06-10-2009, 12:17 PM
The Magic made only 5 threes last night. They are averaging 8.5 made 3s per game in the playoffs and averaged 10 per game in the regular season. They made 17 in game 4 against the Cavs shooting 45% from 3.

The Magic's shooting is why they are in the Finals in the first place. Acting like their hot shooting is some kind of anomoly is pretty naive.

I wonder what Kobe fans would be saying if Lebron shot 5-10 from the ft line in a tight finals game and shot 3-10 from the field in the 2nd half.

Actually Lebron did do something like that and it costed the Cavs a game.

The Magics actually shot like 4 long 2-pointers with their feet barely touching the 3-point line. If you counted those as 3's, they would have done better than their average in 3-point shooting.

tontoz
06-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Actually Lebron did do something like that and it costed the Cavs a game.

The Magics actually shot like 4 long 2-pointers with their feet barely touching the 3-point line. If you counted those as 3's, they would have done better than their average in 3-point shooting.

And if you count those 4 as threes it would be an 8 pt victory.

Kebab Stall
06-10-2009, 12:35 PM
If I was a Magic fan, I'd cheer up thanks to the Stanley Cup final series, where the Pens return form 0-2 all the way to a seventh game.
If Orlando are able to take this to 7 games, I would be thrilled.

I would also be excited, because if it goes to 7 games, I would then stand a good chance at winning Lamar Doom's competition, which includes loads of fun little goodies.

mavsfan4zindagi
06-10-2009, 01:38 PM
:roll: Why am I not surprised that the biggest Kobe stan on this site, Fatal, posted in this thread?

And he brings up Lebron in an attempt to deflect attention from the piss-poor game his god played? Didn't see that one coming.:oldlol:

glidedrxlr22
06-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Nice work by the Magic! Keep it up

DouXer4ouR
06-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Get Pietrus more involved and good things happen. He had an awesome game, and honestly the Magic were oh so close to having a 2 to 1 game lead.

gcfeldma
06-10-2009, 02:13 PM

Eh, who cares?! Magic in 7! I can't stand the Lakers anymore...Kobe this, Kobe that, Lamar is underachieving, Pau is goofy, Bynum is shut down and Luke Walton is just not very good.

Check this blog out that I found. Hilarious. Pau Gasol will never escape the abuse...
http://popcornmuscles.com/2009/06/gasol/

KenneBell
06-10-2009, 05:10 PM
I think the Lakers may be able to take solace in that in a game where they faced the hottest shooting team ever in an NBA FInals game, they had a chance to win and lost by 4.

I thought Kobe ran out of gas in the 4th, and was trying to do things his body wouldn't let him do. Tiredness also leads to mental mistakes, he committed more than his fair share last night.

Overall, if I'm a Lakers fan, I wouldn't be worried. Orlando cannot stop the Lakers offense. Just like the Denver series, it's whoever makes the least mistakes down the stretch.

JustinJDW
06-10-2009, 05:14 PM
I was pretty surprised to hear that a lot of people were expecting a sweep.

letsgolakers123
06-10-2009, 05:58 PM
[QUOTE=glidedrxlr22]Nice work by the Magic! Keep it up

All Net
06-10-2009, 08:36 PM

Who predicted that? Many said L.A in 6.

Many also expected Orlando to take game 3 at home..it was expected.

I said before the series started L.A would win both home games, lose game 3, win game 4, lose game 5 and clinch back home for game 6.

I'm confident thats how it will play out.

puppychili
06-11-2009, 01:40 AM
What do you guys think Kobe will do in Game 4? He had a bad game and everyone is talking about it. So what does he do? You think he'll come out jacking up shots trying to score 50 and shut everyone up or will he try to be the facilitator, setting up his teamates.

EllEffEll
06-11-2009, 02:59 AM

Wow. I always thought the Lakers could win at least a couple of games ;~)

Honestly, some of the proclamations made in this place have no basis in reality.

zabuza666
06-11-2009, 03:26 AM
And if you count those 4 as threes it would be an 8 pt victory.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Owned

poido123
06-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Without the personal attack bs against blitz, can any Laker fan actually STAY ON TOPIC and defend this?

Point out how this is an "all time great, top 10 player of all time" performance?

Cut all the nonsense and just focus on the ISSUE.

Its the game of "Dodgeball" :lol

glidedrxlr22
06-12-2009, 10:38 AM
bump

poido123
06-13-2009, 03:02 AM
Wow. I always thought the Lakers could win at least a couple of games ;~)

Honestly, some of the proclamations made in this place have no basis in reality.

So you have't been honest with us before? :lol:...But if I didnt enjoy seeing everyone's differing opinions i wouldn't be here...