PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose flashes gang sign in picture

John Smith
06-11-2009, 04:25 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-12-rosejun12,0,5071388.story

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2009-06/47452067.jpg

He's a G.D. That's the fork he's throwing up for the Folk Nation.

SCREWstonRockets
06-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Time to leave that alone. You made it out. You got millions. Quit messing around with nonsense.

GiveItToBurrito
06-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Time to leave that alone. You made it out. You got millions. Quit messing around with nonsense.

Agreed. This is the one drawback to him playing in Chicago. Doesn't help, too, that it seems like the half of the city not run by Daley is run by gangs. Barack needs to come back and fix things up just for Rose's sake.

Samurai Swoosh
06-11-2009, 04:35 PM
This doesn't mean Rose is a damn G.D.

He grew up in a neighborhood where the G.D.'s originate from ... and I'm sure he knows many people who are G.D.s He could just be fooling around in the photo with a bunch of people he knows. Doesn't mean he's an actual banger. Also, I wouldn't be suprised if G.D.s had watched the back of their neighborhood sports star while he was growing up, making sure no one ****ed with him.

I'm not going to jump to conclusions off this picture.

John Smith
06-11-2009, 04:36 PM

He grew up in a neighborhood where the G.D.'s originate from ... and I'm sure he knows many people who are G.D.s He could just be fooling around in the photo with a bunch of people he knows. Doesn't mean he's an actual banger. Also, I wouldn't be suprised if G.D.s had watched the back of their neighborhood sports star while he was growing up, making sure no one ****ed with him.

That's what Reggie was for.

http://www.mouthpiecesports.com/media/video/thumb/Reggie_Rose_Interview_MPS.mov.jpg

andgar923
06-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Smh.... they never learn do they?

Also.... before old school fans chime in and say... "Today's players ____"

This has been a problem for a long time, dating back to the 70s when players were also associated with gambling, drug dealers, pimps etc.etc.

Matter of fact, some of our most beloved heroes have had ties with alleged criminals.

But the difference between then and now is that in a 24 hour news world, this sorta thing can hurt a player's career and image more.

So is it worth the risk?

I say f*ck the hood and leave all those elements behind.

The names of pro athletes that have had their career damaged due to their off the court affiliations is endless.

But for those that are still stubborn I have one name for you:

Michael Vick

Now...... is your career, family well being and possibly life worth it?

Samurai Swoosh
06-11-2009, 04:38 PM
That's what Reggie was for.

http://www.mouthpiecesports.com/media/video/thumb/Reggie_Rose_Interview_MPS.mov.jpg
Yeah, that doesn't mean GD's couldn't have played their own involvement as well.

You can't be serious, with this?

:oldlol:

John Smith
06-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Don't shoot the messenger Samurai Brick. The Chicago Tribune wrote it, not me!

chitownsfinest
06-11-2009, 04:39 PM

Agreed. Melo did the same sh*t with some old neighborhood friends and he got flamed it. He has turned out to be ok so far, so I am pretty sure it is just Derrick fooling around. He is also very young so he will grow out of it.

His brother was very protective of him and did not want him to go the same way other Chicago ballers like Ben Wilson and Ronnie Fields went, so I could see your point of reasoning on the protection part.

Samurai Swoosh
06-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Let's all get on our jump to conclusions mat of a pic of Rose at a party, where he visibly looks alittle toasted. Oh NOES ... he has weed leaves on his shirt as well.

andgar923
06-11-2009, 04:42 PM

So what.

If you know how the gang mentality is, he's guilty by association.... PERIOD.

If I grow up around El Segundo I'm automatically associated with them by authorities and other gang members.

I can have a brief encounter with them (since they're my neighbors) but that'll be translated as being one of them, no matter what my say is in the matter.

I really hope that was an old pic and I really hope he disassociates himself from many of those that can bring him down.

There is NO reason to be around those elements.......NONE.

If they really care about him, then they'd understand and stay out of his life for his sake. If they continue to be around him, then they should abandon all of that life and not get him involved whatsoever.

Samurai Swoosh
06-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Don't shoot the messenger Samurai Brick. The Chicago Tribune wrote it, not me!
They also didn't come out and label him a banger. It's a shocking picture, no doubt. But we have no context of what is actually going on with it.

Dude, when I lived near the west side of Chicago and went to play pick up in predominately bad neighborhoods. I made friends with people who were G.D.s, Latin Kings, Vicelords, etc. I was FRIENDS with them. And I would throw up their signs as a joke, and they'd laugh and be cool with it.

If someone took a snap shot of me throwing up a sign, would I officially be a member?

:roll:

Like I said, there is no doubt in my mind he has affiliations, friends or knows "folks" who are bangers ... that doesn't make him a banger. Nor does it mean he takes part int hat lifestyle.

Dwight Shrute
06-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Am I the only one who expected something TOTALLLLY different when I opened the thread

Samurai Swoosh
06-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Am I the only one who expected something TOTALLLLY different when I opened the thread
:oldlol:

Geandily
06-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Derrick Rose photo controversy

By David Heinzmann | Tribune staff report
June 12, 2009

WHAT THE ****?

Snoop_Cat
06-11-2009, 04:47 PM

nope... :)

highwhey
06-11-2009, 05:00 PM
lol

i thought we was gonna see nude girls...

wang4three
06-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Maybe he has arthritis?

Killer_Instinct
06-11-2009, 05:11 PM
What a let-down. This wasn't what I was expecting.

Butters
06-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Misleading title has let me down.

DwadeOverLebron
06-11-2009, 05:27 PM
GDK ALL DAY ERRDAY!!! :cheers:

whatever if your from chicago your gang affiliated no matter what... no big deal!

he's young, and the only thing that matters is that he doesn't take stupid photo's like that anymore!

:pimp:

1~Gibson~1
06-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Am I the only one who expected something TOTALLLLY different when I opened the thread:roll:

The proof is in the pooding. He's B.O.S. and if you think otherwise then you must be blind :confusedshrug:

Vancouver-Grizz
06-11-2009, 05:30 PM
And I would throw up their signs as a joke, and they'd laugh and be cool with it.

Such a dork...

they were probably laughing at you....

Jailblazers7
06-11-2009, 05:32 PM
This picture doesn't really prove anything other than the fact that he smokes weed.

1~Gibson~1
06-11-2009, 05:45 PM
This picture doesn't really prove anything other than the fact that he smokes weed.he throws up a gang sign and you interpret that as he smokes weed?

so if he pointed a gun at you how would you interpret that? :lol

Younggrease
06-11-2009, 05:49 PM
This picture doesn't really prove anything other than the fact that he smokes weed.

proves he is immature and hanging with a crowd that is no good for him...Once you make it out you should to cut off a lot of excess people and excess bs like that. Your fricken Derrick Rose, future of Chicago Sports, air to the bball throne, dont act like an ignorant thug who couldnt score an 800 on the SAT.

Samurai Swoosh
Such a dork...

they were probably laughing at you....
It was actually me being sarcastic and making fun of the culture of gangs. They knew that too ... I talked to them about it all the time. What's the point, etc.

Although you would probably know alot about being laughed at being from such a cup cake country and city like Vancouver and all.

Go play with some hockey sticks, ******

1~Gibson~1
i bet tons of players gangbang. but how stoopid can you get to get caught? :banghead:

Samurai Swoosh
06-11-2009, 05:52 PM
proves he is immature and hanging with a crowd that is no good for him...Once you make it out you should to cut off a lot of excess people and excess bs like that. Your fricken Derrick Rose, future of Chicago Sports, air to the bball throne, dont act like an ignorant thug who couldnt score an 800 on the SAT.
Where in this pic does it show the character of the people around him? At a party of all places. I could get a pic of corporate execs acting drunk and a fool at a party and say look how immature and stupid these people are ... LOL @ all the jumping to conclusions.

Samurai Swoosh
06-11-2009, 05:53 PM
he throws up a gang sign and you interpret that as he smokes weed?

No, he just looks all ****** eyes and high. And is sporting a weed LRG shirt. Connection? No, it's still an assumption, but he looks high in this picture.

Younggrease
06-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Where in this pic does it show the character of the people around him? At a party of all places. I could get a pic of corporate execs acting drunk and a fool at a party and say look how immature and stupid these people are ... LOL @ all the jumping to conclusions.

So you throw up gang signs just out of the blue...Is that how it works?

Find me some corporate execs with publiced gang ties throwing up gang signs in a club where they know there is a big chance people are taking their pictures...pls find me one

Throwing up gang signs= immature
Throwing up gang signs for a picture after being suspected of being part of a gang through out your career = retarded

Drunk or not it is not something someone with a normal IQ does...There might be a reason he did it but it is a dumb reason.

http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/derrick-rose-gang-signs.jpg

you dont need to hangin wit people throwing up gang signs...

Xsatyr
06-11-2009, 06:02 PM
he throws up a gang sign and you interpret that as he smokes weed?

His t-shirt is a dead give away but seriously who cares if he does it on the offseason everyonce and awhile.

Samurai Swoosh
06-11-2009, 06:04 PM

Find me some corporate execs with publiced gang ties throwing up gang signs in a club where they know there is a big chance people are taking their pictures...pls find me one

Throwing up gang signs for a picture after being suspected of being part of a gang through out your career = retarded

Drunk or not it is not something someone with a normal IQ does...There might be a reason he did it but it is a dumb reason.

http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/derrick-rose-gang-signs.jpg

you dont need to hangin wit people throwing up gang signs...
Really, now rook?

Cause there are ALL types of gangs.

Freemasons do it all the time. You know, the coroprate / political executives that run this world.

unbreakable
Or the fact that his eyes are glossy and glazed like a mufuka. :oldlol:

1~Gibson~1

you dont need to hangin wit people throwing up gang signs...i know its not him, but that guy looks similar to CDR

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2008/10/12/alg_douglas-roberts.jpg

Xsatyr
06-11-2009, 06:05 PM
People are making way too much out of this. People throw up signs all the time and are not in gangs. It is immature but people in the thread are definitely overreacting. More times than not they are shouting out their hood even though the sign itself is affiliated with a local gang.

unbreakable
06-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Really, now rook?

Cause there are ALL types of gangs.

Freemasons do it all the time. You know, the coroprate / political executives that run this world.

Youre really reaching by talking about business execs and freemasons now.. cmon man. Smarten up. In no way shape or form is this behavior acceptable by a PROFESSIONAL NBA Player.

Geez. Atleast have the common sense to do this shlt at home in private away from cameras and public eye. This isnt highschool or college anymore.. these guys are effin ROLEMODELS. Maybe that age rule is a good idea, eh?

1~Gibson~1
06-11-2009, 06:06 PM
waznt really paying attention to the shirt. just looking at him throwing up GD. what a dumbass :banghead:

Not for the gang sign, but for getting caught :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

1~Gibson~1
06-11-2009, 06:07 PM
People are making way too much out of this. People throw up signs all the time and are not in gangs. It is immature but people in the thread are definitely overreacting. More times than not they are shouting out their hood even though the sign itself is affiliated with a local gang.a hood shout-out COULD be a possibility.......b4 you notice the guy standing behind him with his ring finger down. yea, that means GD/bos/crip (one of them)

Xsatyr
06-11-2009, 06:09 PM
a hood shout-out COULD be a possibility.......b4 you notice the guy standing behind him with his ring finger down. yea, that means GD/bos/crip (one of them)Often it is gang sing of a local gang that is used to shout out their hood though bc that is all they have. So you never know. Most people who throw gang signs are not even in gangs. So many young people throw signs when taking a picture, I guess it is the cool thing to do. Immature obviously but not as bad as people make it out.

insidehoops
06-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Rose issued a statement on the photo, saying it was just silly old joke picture:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4422

unbreakable
06-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Rose issued a statement on the photo, saying it was just silly old joke picture:

LOL you can totally tell his lawyer wrote that shlt... but atleast he's come clean.

crisoner
06-11-2009, 06:12 PM
This is some MidWest BS gang sh*t right? Folks and Peeps or some sh*t.
I just know because I went out to Chicago once...I call all heads folks and got fronting by some cat.
Didn't know the rules out there.

Had my hat turned to the side as well....didn't know that was gang oriented.
We just got colors here in Cali you know.

1~Gibson~1
06-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Often it is gang sing of a local gang that is used to shout out their hood though bc that is all they have. So you never know. Most people who throw gang signs are not even in gangs. So many young people throw signs when taking a picture, I guess it is the cool thing to do. Immature obviously but not as bad as people make it out.nah dude. this isnt a "Neighborhood" gang, what he threw up was a "Real" gang sign. Not just a neighborhood clique.

Xsatyr
06-11-2009, 06:21 PM
nah dude. this isnt a "Neighborhood" gang, what he threw up was a "Real" gang sign. Not just a neighborhood clique.
I know but it also goes beyond shouting out your hood. People don't make up gang signs to throw in pictures, they use existing ones. I have friends who graduated from college and still throw gang sings in pics. Maybe Rose actually knows some members or maybe he does not. Either way I do not care but for his reputation don't do it again.

unbreakable
06-11-2009, 06:22 PM
I know but it also goes beyond shouting out your hood. People don't make up gang signs to throw in pictures, they use existing ones. I have friends who graduated from college and still throw gang sings in pics. .

Dude wtf are you talking about? Leave this thread and dont come back.

Samurai Swoosh
06-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Youre really reaching by talking about business execs and freemasons now.. cmon man.
Nope, you just are ignorant to what I'm talking about.

Do some research.

:pimp:

emsteez forreal
06-11-2009, 06:27 PM

http://chicagogangs.org/images/GDN23.JPG

http://i39.tinypic.com/nbr7dg.jpg

fixed

Xsatyr
06-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Dude wtf are you talking about? Leave this thread and dont come back.
I bet I grew up in a worse neighborhood than you so I know exactly what I am talking. So many people try to emulate something they are not, throwing up gang signs is a perfect example.

unbreakable
06-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Nope, you just are ignorant to what I'm talking about.

Do some research.

And you still havent posted pictures to back up your claims. So until then youre just spoutin off random bullshlt in an attempt to pass it off as intelligent thought.. sorry, chump, it aint working here. Its a cold world here at ISH and youre all alone...not because youre "unique" or "artistic" but because youre just straight up ignant. :no:

1~Gibson~1
06-11-2009, 06:44 PM
http://chicagogangs.org/images/GDN23.JPG

http://i39.tinypic.com/nbr7dg.jpg

fixedi think those bandanas should be black even though the blue ones may match better

I bet I grew up in a worse neighborhood than you so I know exactly what I am talking. So many people try to emulate something they are not, throwing up gang signs is a perfect example.and what makes you think Rose isnt a gangbanger? He may have stopped banging but he's definitely throwing up a gang sign in that pic, and he was probably in a gang at the time of that pic (There was no date on the pic)

The_Yearning
06-11-2009, 06:44 PM

dude ain't say that.

bruceblitz
06-11-2009, 06:47 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-12-rosejun12,0,5071388.story

He's a G.D. That's the fork he's throwing up for the Folk Nation.
Are those pot-leafs on his shirt??

He does look like he was blazing some trees. Look at his eyes.

(I only read page 1, don't know if that was brought up.)

Xsatyr
06-11-2009, 06:47 PM
i think those bandanas should be black even though the blue ones may match better

and what makes you think Rose isnt a gangbanger? He may have stopped banging but he's definitely throwing up a gang sign in that pic, and he was probably in a gang at the time of that pic (There was no date on the pic)
Dude seriously??? Most people who throw gang sings are not even in gangs. I am definitely not saying it is not a possibility but a picture of someone throwing gang means nothing.

Xsatyr
06-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Are those pot-leafs on his shirt??

He does look like he was blazing some trees. Look at his eyes.

(I only read page 1, don't know if that was brought up.)lol it was brought up later, going unnoticed for a while.

bruceblitz
06-11-2009, 06:49 PM
lol it was brought up later, going unnoticed for a while.
Dude looks like he just stood up from blazing trees on a bong

(I'm an ex-pot smoker)

1~Gibson~1
06-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Dude seriously??? Most people who throw gang sings are not even in gangs. I am definitely not saying it is not a possibility but a picture of someone throwing gang means nothing.besides a nerd, who do you know that would throw up a gang sign while he's high and a guy behind him throwing up a different gang sign, but of the same gang?

if he was just by himself then maybe i'd give him a pass, or if he was throwing up the b after he hits a three (which is common among NBA players), but how can you look at that pic and not tell me that he is/was in a gang?

bruceblitz
06-11-2009, 06:51 PM
I'm friends with a few bangers and when you see them throw up their set they throw it up with more conviction than that. I hate to over-analyze but his fingers are all loose and his "gang sign" isn't that strong looking, if you follow me. I highly doubt he's actually bangin.

Xsatyr
06-11-2009, 06:52 PM

(I'm an ex-pot smoker)I still smoke on weekends mostly and feel ashamed for not noticing his t-shirt from the start.

1~Gibson~1
06-11-2009, 06:53 PM

(I'm an ex-pot smoker)past us a quick 10 paragraphs of how to blaze up :oldlol:

Xsatyr
06-11-2009, 06:54 PM
besides a nerd, who do you know that would throw up a gang sign while he's high and a guy behind him throwing up a different gang sign, but of the same gang?

if he was just by himself then maybe i'd give him a pass, or if he was throwing up the b after he hits a three (which is common among NBA players), but how can you look at that pic and not tell me that he is/was in a gang?
He can be friends with them, it means nothing man. He could have been in the gang but nevertheless this pic does not prove it.

The_Yearning
at least homie got that street hunger tho son!@

bruceblitz
I still smoke on weekends mostly and feel ashamed for not noticing his t-shirt from the start.
I quit last August. Had enough. Was starting to become dependent on it.

1~Gibson~1
06-11-2009, 06:56 PM
He can be friends with them, it means nothing man. He could have been in the gang but nevertheless this pic does not prove it.ok dude watever

bruceblitz
06-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Maybe this is one of D Rose's lil homeys:
http://www.om-records.com/images/photos/902.jpg

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

bruceblitz
06-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Real gangstas:
http://blogs.uit.tufts.edu/gettinghumanitarianaidright/marines-lcpl-j-cropped.jpg

oh the horror
06-11-2009, 07:03 PM

No kidding eh. Dude looks high as a fu*king kite.

oh the horror
06-11-2009, 07:06 PM
The problem with even kicking it and or throwing up signs, is the fact that you become affiliated with them, no matter what.

And being affiliated with that, gets you in trouble.

Kicking it with that, gets you in trouble.

Throwing up signs, when you dont bang, gets you in trouble.

So dude needs to really drop the act, and move on with the next stage of his life....playing in the chi, where he grew up, is going to be a challenge for him, obviously.

CoryThaGr8
06-11-2009, 07:14 PM
isnt this an old pic???

Ken_Force_One
06-11-2009, 07:23 PM
this is just Rose and his crew bein krunk, high and whatever and bein stoopid......throwin up a pose in front of the camera........Derrick Rose = Gang Banger....HAH!!!!! highly unlikely...

Undisputed
06-11-2009, 07:44 PM
isnt this an old pic???

It's from college. He doesn't have the hand tattoo in this picture.

I've seen a lot of people throwing up gang signs that they aren't even in for pictures, especially after drinking or smoking one. No biggie.

Rose is just lucky this didn't come out before the draft.

OneMoreSucka
06-11-2009, 08:02 PM
I saw Rose clapping at some thugs in south Chicago, true story.