1. LeBron James ( Back to Back MVP)
2. Dwayne Wade
3. Dwight Howard
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Chris Paul
6. Brandon Roy/Carmelo Anthony
7. Deron Williams
8. Chris Bosh
9. Amare Stoudemire ( Comeback Player of the Year)
10. Kevin Durant

ShaqAttack3234
06-13-2009, 08:21 AM
I think that Dwight Howard will win it. After making the finals he'll now be put in the elite group and I think that after this year's finals dissapointment he'll work hard over the summer and come back better and hungrier.

Lebron23
06-13-2009, 08:23 AM
I think LeBron will win his 2nd MVP trophy at the age of 25 yrs.old. He's hungrier after the Magic eliminated the Cavs in the playoffs.

By the time LeBron is 31 yrs.old I think he already have 4 or 5 Regular Season MVP, and a Finals MVP under his basketball resume.

ShaqAttack3234
06-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Another player to consider could be Carmelo Anthony, he's another guy who put his name among the elite after his strong playoff run. He's young and he's become a much better all around player who for all we know could still improve. His reputation is a lot better than it was a few years ago as well. Denver's team looks good enough to win enough games too. I doubt he'll win it, but I won't be surprised if he's top 5.

Dwyane Wade would be my pick if he played on a better team.

lakerfreak
06-13-2009, 08:40 AM
As long as Wade's team is flirting around 45 wins and exiting the first round, he won't be an MVP and I will be infuriated because Kobe who averaged 35 ppg a few seasons ago with 45 wins didn't win MVP and lost to steve nash.

Seeing as how Carmelo Anthony dramatically improved in the playoffs, I will need to put Melo in the top 4:

1) Lebron or Howard
2) Lebron or Howard
3) Kobe
4) Anthony

elganator
06-13-2009, 08:46 AM
I kind of want Wade to win it because he gets lost in the Kobe/LeBron thing. His team needs to win some more games, though.

If I had to put money on it, I'd say LeBron takes it.

Toizumi
06-13-2009, 08:55 AM
LeBron will probably get it. I want the league to go back to players voting for the MVP. I just read an interview with Dave Cowens (was just going through some stuff) and he mentioned (like a lot of other players have in the past) that this way of voting would mean more for the player winning the mvp. I agree. get it done stern :D

plowking
06-13-2009, 09:03 AM
As much as I dislike him, I think it will be Howard. If not him probably Kobe.

Wade and Lebron will be somewhere in contention but I don't think their teams will win as many games as the Magic or Lakers.

S13M
06-13-2009, 09:07 AM
2. Dwayne Wade
3. Dwight Howard
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Chris Paul
7. Deron Williams
8. Chris Bosh
10. Kevin Durant

I agree with the first 9, but Durant at 10? He's one of my favorite players but #10 :wtf:

amfirst
06-13-2009, 10:58 AM
I would say Howard, next year, he will get better over the summer.

Maniak
06-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Its going to be LeBron, beating out Howard and Anthony at 2 and 3.

K.Koscik
06-13-2009, 01:57 PM
not tryIng to be a Kobe homer here, but I believe it's between him And lebron. The reigning finals MVP and regular season MVP. If Kobe has another season similar to this one then expect it to be between those two. Kobe has become somewhat f a media icon in the recent years and expect it to remai that way if he gets finals MVP. Ps I ****ing hate typing on iPods

JustinJDW
06-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Carmelo Anthony.

Shepseskaf
06-13-2009, 02:13 PM
Dwyane Wade would be my pick if he played on a better team.
I think DWade wins it if he stays healthy, and the Heat have a decent season, ending in a playoff spot.

OneMoreSucka
06-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Lebron.

Butters
06-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Wade.

FIXED
06-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Carmelo should be the front runner. Especially if the Nuggets win 60+ games.

phoenix18
06-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Amare Stoudemire I called it.

RocketGreatness
06-13-2009, 03:20 PM
1. Chris Paul
2. LeBron
3. Kobe
4. Wade
5. Yao
6. Dwight
7. Kevin Garnett
8. Melo/Billups - whoever gets more credit
9. Deron Williams
10. Tony Parker/Tim Duncan

tastystaci
06-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Steve Nash. But only if he goes to NY and completely changes that organization around like he did in Phoenix. Plus, he's due, it's been like three years since he got one. :lol

Al Thornton
06-13-2009, 04:54 PM
You guys neeed to put Mac up higher I could see the Rockets winning up to sixty games next year if he's back to his old self.

1. Wade
2. Lebron
3. Chris Paul
4. Dwight
5. Kobe
6. Duncan
7. McGrady
8. Williams
9. Roy
10. Garnett

Hiei
06-13-2009, 04:57 PM
I don't really see how Lebron could get another MVP next year. The point of award is to create a lot of media hype, and Lebron totally blew it for them with their failure against the magic. If he stays on Cavs, that alone will be enough to keep him from getting MVP no matter how good he plays. Howard would have to play much better than he did this season, something that I also doubt will happen. Most likely it will be betweed Wade, Garrnett and Kobe. Maybe Carmelo if Nuggets don't fail next season.

Maniak
06-13-2009, 04:57 PM
1.Lebron James
2.Dwight Howard
3.Carmelo Anthony
4.Chris Paul
5.Dwyane Wade
6.Kobe Bryant
7.Tim Duncan
8.Brandon Roy
9.Deron Williams
10.Amar'e Stoudemire

chitownsfinest
06-13-2009, 05:01 PM
Lebron, if the Cavs acquire an inside threat like Shaq and win around 70 games. Wade, if Beasley develops into a beast and the Heat win 50-55 games. If both happen, then Bron gets it. Kobe is at the tail end of his prime and has shown major fatigue lately. His team will win 60-65 games easily but he won't put up the beast stats that Wade and Bron will be putting up. I see Hornets taking a major fall next yr and missing the playoffs which will disqualify CP3. They have no depth and hate their coach. Duncan is too old at this point and Garnett won't be putting up the numbers to qualify either. His minutes will most likely take a hit as well. I can see Melo having a top 5 finish but i do not see his team winning 60 or him putting stats to compete with Wade or James. Dwight Howard is another candidate but I don't really see his numbers improving from this season, but he is still a easy DPOY favorite.

My underdog pick: Tony Parker

Roundball_Rock
06-13-2009, 05:03 PM
The MVP vote is influenced by team win totals so we need to see which teams are doing well next year before having an idea as to who is a legitimate MVP contender. However, my guess in the dark right now would be:

1) Wade (his team will improve and 50 wins may be enough for him to win)
2) Lebron
3) Howard
4) Kobe
5) Roy (his team will improve and he will receive the lion's share of credit for it)

Dark horse pick: Yao.

RocketGreatness
06-13-2009, 05:06 PM
You guys neeed to put Mac up higher I could see the Rockets winning up to sixty games next year if he's back to his old self.

1. Wade
2. Lebron
3. Chris Paul
4. Dwight
5. Kobe
6. Duncan
7. McGrady
8. Williams
9. Roy
10. GarnettDo you know anything about he Rockets? McGrady is not going to be the MVP if the Rockets are successful It's going to be Yao if the Rockets are successful you idiot. Stick back to arguing Camby being a Top 5 Center.

The MVP vote is influenced by team win totals so we need to see which teams are doing well next year before having an idea as to who is a legitimate MVP contender. However, my guess in the dark right now would be:

1) Wade (his team will improve and 50 wins may be enough for him to win)
2) Lebron
3) Howard
4) Kobe
5) Roy (his team will improve and he will receive the lion's share of credit for it)

Dark horse pick: Yao.
Repped :applause: I think Yao will be in the Top 5 if he returns to his 06-07 form. He did say his goal in the off-season is to 15 pounds so we will see a more mobile Yao next year.

YAWN
06-13-2009, 05:17 PM
probably lebron

but i wouldn't be surprised if wade/howard/kobe were also in the mix.

thejumpa
06-13-2009, 05:23 PM
I think Lebron is going to win it 3 times in a row. First was this year with 2010 and 2011 to follow. Honestly, I can't anyone else being more valuable to their team. Kobe is second for me with Wade 3rd but I always go back and forth on that one.

Lebron23
06-13-2009, 06:07 PM
Lebron.

I hope LeBron became the First NBA Player since 2000 Shaquille O'Neal to win the Regular Season MVP, All Star MVP, Finals MVP, and NBA Scoring title in the same NBA Season.

He's no longer going to play in the FIBA World Championship, and In the next Olympics, so it means that he's the early favorite to win the MVP Award every year.

2010's and Beyond will be the LeBron Era.

Papaya Petee
06-13-2009, 06:11 PM
If Heat win between 50-57 games, Wade shouldn't have a problem winning it.

If not then most likely Lebron, Dwight or Melo

Roundball_Rock
06-13-2009, 06:31 PM
I agree, RocketGreatness (and thanks). I would not be surprised if the Rockets were a 60 win team next year and if that happens the credit will go to Yao. I hope he can stay healthy next year. It is a shame we did not get to see what the Rockets could have done with a healthy Yao this season. Next year they will be even better with T Mac back.

TheGreatDeraj
06-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Kobe is more than Likely going to be top 2. Most likely they will be the #1 seed in the West(again) coming off a championship, with Kobe having finals MVP.

Having 27/5/5 on 47% shooting while on the #1 team in the conference,(quite possibly the best record in the NBA if Bynum stays healthy all year) is definitely the resume of a top 2 MVP candidate.

I don't think he'll win it, but he's gotta be top 2 or at the very least top 3. Howard still has holes in his game, and he still isn't the one hitting big 4th quarter shots(Hedo and Lewis are). Howard is an absolute monster, but I don't see how he will be above Kobe unless Magic get the #1 seed in the NBA. Very doubtful to me because the Cavs, Lakers and Celtics healthy are all better than the Magic.

Lebron is going to have the stats and will probably win it back to back. I think he'll be back to averaging 30/7/7 next year especially with his improved jumpshot.

Wade will have the stats, but he won't have the team record to win MVP especially with Lebron/Kobe/Howard putting up similar stats with much better team success.

The least talked about MVP candidate is Chris Paul. He is a legit 20/10 player who can get you 2 steals a game. His team had an off year(or maybe they just overachieved the year before when they were #2 in the west), but if they can put it all together he can have the right combination of great stats and team success to be in the top 3 of MVP voting

My rankings are:
1.Lebron
2.Kobe
3.Howard
4.Paul
5.Wade

Those are the only ones that actually have a chance of MVP, so I'll only make my list 5 long.

BlazersDozen
06-13-2009, 06:36 PM
LeBron is going to win it. He's going to have an even better season next year which is scary. He's going to have a better altogether outside shooting game and get even better at the line and he will take things into his hands even further because he was so pissed at not making the Finals this season.

It just seems like he has that kind of MJ/Kobe passion and work ethic when he gets pissed.

phoenix18
06-13-2009, 06:41 PM
LeBron is going to win it. He's going to have an even better season next year which is scary. He's going to have a better altogether outside shooting game and get even better at the line and he will take things into his hands even further because he was so pissed at not making the Finals this season.

It just seems like he has that kind of MJ/Kobe passion and work ethic when he gets pissed.
I dont think its even possible for him to have a better season. Well that much better. I would watch out for Amare though, he was having a great year until the eye thing.

jmill
06-13-2009, 06:57 PM
1. Lebron
2. Wade ( if healthy, he's injury prone tho)
3. Dwight Howard
4. Kobe
5. CP3

Chris Paul deserves more MVP consideration than he gets/will get though.

jmill
06-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Amare is not an MVP candidate, and he wasn't having a great year actually, not by his standards.

In 07 he put up 25/9 on 59% shooting and wasn't in the top 5 in MVP voting.

This year he was averaging 21/8 on 53% shooting. Wouldn't have been in the discussion at all.

phoenix18
06-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Amare is not an MVP candidate, and he wasn't having a great year actually, not by his standards.

In 07 he put up 25/9 on 59% shooting and wasn't in the top 5 in MVP voting.

This year he was averaging 21/8 on 53% shooting. Wouldn't have been in the discussion at all.
That was because of the coaching style of terry porter. But this year, I think that he will carry the Suns.

thejumpa
06-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Amare won't and shouldn't win any MVP's until he steps his game up a bit. You know, actually play some defense, develop some better offensive moves, improve rebounding...

Actually, I think Dwight is going to get better and be a bigger asset to his team in the future. That being said, Lebron should have it locked.

phoenix18
06-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Amare won't and shouldn't win any MVP's until he steps his game up a bit. You know, actually play some defense, develop some better offensive moves, improve rebounding...

Actually, I think Dwight is going to get better and be a bigger asset to his team in the future. That being said, Lebron should have it locked.
Now you are a great poster and we seem to agree on a lot of things, but Lebron? IDK. I know one thing though, all the people who are putting Kobe in the top three are delusional. Come on. Anyways, Wade should have won it this year and we dont know how Lebron is going to react to the scrutiny and his tarnished image.

Lebron23
06-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Now you are a great poster and we seem to agree on a lot of things, but Lebron? IDK. I know one thing though, all the people who are putting Kobe in the top three are delusional. Come on. Anyways, Wade should have won it this year and we dont know how Lebron is going to react to the scrutiny and his tarnished image.

You are an idiot if you think that LeBron wouldn't improve as a player. For Christ sakes he averaged 35.3 ppg, 9.8 rpg, and 8 apg in the 2009 NBA Playoffs.

I can see him averaging 32.3 ppg, 9 rebounds, 7 apg, and 51 FG% next season

phoenix18
06-13-2009, 07:20 PM
You are an idiot if you think that LeBron wouldn't improve as a player. For Christ sakes he averaged 35.3 ppg, 9.8 rpg, and 8 apg in the 2009 NBA Playoffs.

I never said he wouldnt improve.

Roundball_Rock
06-13-2009, 07:23 PM

The only way he averages those numbers is if his team does not upgrade. I thought you said he is going to win the championship next season too???

thejumpa
06-13-2009, 07:24 PM

Lol.....I honestly think the way things are in the NBA...he should have it locked. IMO, the only reason Wade didn't win it is because his team was worst than Lebrons. Still, you have the best SF in the game, pretty dominant so far, and not even at his peak yet. I think he react fine from all the bull**** during the playoffs and his image will be bigger than ever. Watch, it's only a matter of time before all the 2010 FA talks come about and it's Lebron-mania all over again.

Him being on the Cavs, in the Eastern Conference, and basically acting as a PG for his team (even though they need to move **** around in order to win anything IMO), will keep the eyes on him. Most likely, his numbers will be the same as last year and he's obviously the biggest star in the league.

As far as MVP goes, you have Lebron,Kobe,Wade, and Howard. Howard and Kobe won't win it because they have a pretty good supporting cast around them and their importance isn't as big as Lebron or Wade's is. All the talk of CP3 or anybody else is ridiculous...

Let me explain myself....Lebron or Wade for the next 2-3 years. I'm giving the edge to Lebron though, seeing as I feel kinda bad for Wade in Miami lol..

Baller_Ctrain
06-13-2009, 07:25 PM
Kobe will win it... But watch Big Al rise up next year! He will be a top 10 player, mark my word...

phoenix18
06-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Kobe will win it... But watch Big Al rise up next year! He will be a top 10 player, mark my word...
Kobe? I dont think so.

jmill
06-13-2009, 07:27 PM

Um, the main reason his bulk numbers increased in the playoffs is because he went from playing 37.7 mpg to 41.5 in the playoffs. Not because he magically got that much better in a few weeks.

thejumpa
06-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Um, the main reason his bulk numbers increased in the playoffs is because he went from playing 37.7 mpg to 41.5 in the playoffs. Not because he magically got that much better in a few weeks.

No, the reason his numbers jumped is because that is what he had to do to win. His teammates weren't getting it done and he needed to step up because it was the playoffs.

chitownsfinest
06-13-2009, 07:40 PM
You can't possibly think a less then 4 minute increase in playing time resulted in his stats going from 28.4/7.6/7.2 on 49% shooting to 35.3/9.1/7.3 on 51% shooting right?

iDunk
06-13-2009, 08:29 PM
1. Dwayne Wade
2. Lebron James
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Chris Paul
5. Dwight Howard
6. Tim Duncan
7. Carmelo Anthony/Chauncey Billups
8. Kevin Garnett
9. Deron Williams
10. Devin Harris/ Vince Carter

BlazersDozen
06-13-2009, 09:43 PM
I dont think its even possible for him to have a better season. Well that much better. I would watch out for Amare though, he was having a great year until the eye thing.

Amar'e is not a MVP canidate. He's a big man with no post game, no defense at all although it's statistically masked by blocks per game and he doesn't grab nearly as many rebounds per game as he should as a guy his size and as athletic he is. Not to mention he tends to play lazy a lot and noticably takes nights off.

jmill
06-13-2009, 09:48 PM
No, the reason his numbers jumped is because that is what he had to do to win. His teammates weren't getting it done and he needed to step up because it was the playoffs.

lol

When a players minutes increase his bulk production will generally increase.

That's not really an arguable statement.

Whether or not him having killer instinct, the heart of a champion, or some other intangible quality is just conjecture on your part. You can feel free to attribute his success to those kind of things as it may play a part, but you can't really argue my statement. 2+2 still = 4.

jmill
06-13-2009, 09:57 PM
You can't possibly think a less then 4 minute increase in playing time resulted in his stats going from 28.4/7.6/7.2 on 49% shooting to 35.3/9.1/7.3 on 51% shooting right?

It's not JUST the 4 minute increase, it's the fact that in the playoffs he's going to be playing better teams and he's going to have the ball in his hands more in the 4th quarter and be attacking the basket a ton.

As opposed to the regular season when he's either sitting out alot of 4th quarters or they have comfortable leads so he's not driving to the basket every time down the court.

Take a look at the Orlando series. He took 26 shots a game and 15 FTs a game. In the regular season he took 19.9 shots game and 9.4 FTs a game.

There simply isn't enough incentive for him to average 26 shots/15 FTs a game in the regular season. He will NEVER shoot 15 FTs a game in his career, or if he does it's because their coach is an idiot. The team will be too good and he wont play enough minutes. It might have been possible before when the Cavs weren't very good for him to put up some crazy numbers. But not now.

veilside23
06-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Kg :d

oddboy559
06-13-2009, 10:08 PM
1.Wade
2.Lebron
3.Melo

ShaqAttack3234
06-13-2009, 11:43 PM
Repped :applause: I think Yao will be in the Top 5 if he returns to his 06-07 form. He did say his goal in the off-season is to 15 pounds so we will see a more mobile Yao next year.

I'm optimistic as well that we'll see Yao healthy. He did play 77 games last season which was a good sign and although he was injured in the playoffs, his injury is said to be less serious than some of his previous injuries. I don't think Yao is playing international basketball either so he should come back more rested, but also hungrier after tasting some playoff success. I only hope that the Rockets perimeter players give him the ball more. His potential when healthy is 25-27 ppg, 10-11 rpg, 2 bpg, 2 apg and 50+FG% on 85+ FT% and a 55-60 win team. If he could do that and play 70+ games then I'd like his chances.

Actually, I think Dwight is going to get better and be a bigger asset to his team in the future.

I agree, the amount of potential he has is scary. A raw 21 year old Dwight Howard was averaging 23.7 ppg, 15.4 rpg, 2.8 bpg and 62.1 FG% over his first 25 games in 2007-2008 before the league started to figure him out a bit. This season before injuries brought his numbers down for a short stretch he was averaging 21.5 ppg, 14.8 rpg, 4.2 bpg and 57.2 FG%.

He has gotten better each year and next year should be no exception. He was already talking about keeping the ball higher after he catches it and cited Pau Gasol as an example of doing this well. That's very encouraging. His passing also improved in the playoffs as did his free throw shooting in the latter part of the regular season/playoffs. While I doubt he'll come back look like Hakeem Olajuwon in the post, I'm sur ehis moves will be a bit more polished as well after he was criticized for that. Orlando has no proven they're a championship contender which will help Dwight with the voters.

Dwight is on the verge of reaching his potential which is a 23-24 ppg, 14-15 rpg, 2-2.5 apg, 4 bpg, 65 FT% player.

nbastatus
06-13-2009, 11:45 PM
James
Wade
CP3

White Chocolate
06-13-2009, 11:46 PM
For those that are saying Dwyane Wade, he'll never win MVP unless the Heat get to the #1 or #2 seed in the East. Sad, but we all know no one from a mediocre team wins MVP. The last time a player won MVP on a team with less than 50 wins was Moses Malone in '82.

crisoner
06-13-2009, 11:47 PM
I'm going to go with a long shot and say Melo will win it.
How bout them apples!!!

thejumpa
06-14-2009, 09:07 AM
I'm optimistic as well that we'll see Yao healthy. He did play 77 games last season which was a good sign and although he was injured in the playoffs, his injury is said to be less serious than some of his previous injuries. I don't think Yao is playing international basketball either so he should come back more rested, but also hungrier after tasting some playoff success. I only hope that the Rockets perimeter players give him the ball more. His potential when healthy is 25-27 ppg, 10-11 rpg, 2 bpg, 2 apg and 50+FG% on 85+ FT% and a 55-60 win team. If he could do that and play 70+ games then I'd like his chances.

I agree, the amount of potential he has is scary. A raw 21 year old Dwight Howard was averaging 23.7 ppg, 15.4 rpg, 2.8 bpg and 62.1 FG% over his first 25 games in 2007-2008 before the league started to figure him out a bit. This season before injuries brought his numbers down for a short stretch he was averaging 21.5 ppg, 14.8 rpg, 4.2 bpg and 57.2 FG%.

He has gotten better each year and next year should be no exception. He was already talking about keeping the ball higher after he catches it and cited Pau Gasol as an example of doing this well. That's very encouraging. His passing also improved in the playoffs as did his free throw shooting in the latter part of the regular season/playoffs. While I doubt he'll come back look like Hakeem Olajuwon in the post, I'm sur ehis moves will be a bit more polished as well after he was criticized for that. Orlando has no proven they're a championship contender which will help Dwight with the voters.

Dwight is on the verge of reaching his potential which is a 23-24 ppg, 14-15 rpg, 2-2.5 apg, 4 bpg, 65 FT% player.

Yao, I love Yao. Hope he gets healthy and comes back to play. He needs to be tougher but I guess his game isn't built like that.

Howard is a beast now and is going to be an even bigger beast in the future. 24ppg, 15 boards, 2 assist, 4 blocks, and 65-70 at the line is not out of the question. And, more than likely, that's lacking many post moves. Once he figures out his offensive game, it's over for the league.

Lebron23
06-23-2009, 07:12 PM
Top 5

1. LeBron James
2. Dwight Howard
3. Dwayne Wade
4. Chris Paul
5. Kobe Bryant

Dark Horse: A Healthy Amare Stoudemire, Pau Gasol, Dirk Nowitzki, A Healthy Tim Duncan, and Carmelo Anthony.

All Net
06-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Melo is my darkhorse.

inclinerator
06-23-2009, 08:40 PM
lebron i can see him averaging

28pts 10reb and 6as on 50 percent fromt he field, 82 percent ft ,37 percent 3 point

only because i see someone good coming into the cavs this year

brandonislegend
06-23-2009, 08:40 PM

28pts 10reb and 6as on 50 percent fromt he field, 82 percent ft ,37 percent 3 point
:no:

inclinerator
06-23-2009, 08:44 PM
wat u dont think so?

White Chocolate
06-23-2009, 08:50 PM

only because i see someone good coming into the cavs this year

:no: :no: :no:

inclinerator
06-23-2009, 08:51 PM
o god maybe not the 10 rebs but 82 percent ft and 37 3 pt is very much possible

All Net
06-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Lebron an 80% FT shooter? don't see that honestly.

White Chocolate
06-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Lebron an 80% FT shooter? don't see that honestly.

Me neither. I think he's at his peak. Mid-high 70s is probably the best he'll ever be. His only chance at shooting 37% from downtown is if he takes fewer 3 pointers and makes the ones he takes.

inclinerator
06-23-2009, 09:09 PM
he averaged 78 percent this year i dont see how 4 percent higher is an impossible task for him. Its not like 82 percent is spectacular or anything

White Chocolate
06-23-2009, 09:12 PM
he averaged 78 percent this year i dont see how 4 percent higher is an impossible task for him. Its not like 82 percent is spectacular or anything

Considering it's LeBron and his shooting mechanics, it's a big jump. You really think he can make 8-9 out of every 10?

inclinerator
06-23-2009, 09:13 PM
possibly we shall see next season

LA_Showtime
06-23-2009, 09:15 PM
I would not be surprised to see LeBron take his game to another level next season. Please God, don't let it happen!

Agent_Zero
06-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Melo but they still won't win the title.

NuggetsFan
06-23-2009, 09:28 PM
LeBron
Howard\Kobe\Wade

Melo\Brandon Roy\Tim Duncan

Don't know about Chris Paul yet, depending on what happens with NO. They weren't looking to good to end the year. But if NO comes out like last year then I'd put him over Melo\Roy\Duncan.

kurple
06-23-2009, 09:31 PM
No way in hell lebron shoots 37% from three...:no:

xx03xx
06-23-2009, 10:02 PM
either amare, durant, wade, or paul

plowking
06-23-2009, 11:58 PM
Mario Chalmers.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-24-2009, 12:03 AM
MVP will be either Lebron or DWade.
I'm pulling for DWade.

Gamba
06-24-2009, 12:24 AM
Yao :rockon:

blacknapalm
06-24-2009, 12:33 AM
jeff foster

Zak
06-24-2009, 12:33 AM
Shawn Kemp

IamSofaKing
06-24-2009, 12:34 AM
Roko Ukic!

AznTacoLover
06-24-2009, 12:37 AM
-Lebrons goona win it again. back 2 back.. probably have a more around game, a improved jumper hopefully..
-kobe- his team is probably goona be 1st in the west, and he'll avg 26/5/5
-Wade, his team will improve and win 50-55 games. :D

dr8ked
06-24-2009, 12:41 AM
2. Dwayne Wade
3. Dwight Howard
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Chris Paul
7. Deron Williams
8. Chris Bosh
10. Kevin Durant

Take deron williams Out of that list. His team i snot stacked enough to compete with the west elite's.

dr8ked
06-24-2009, 12:43 AM
Brandon Roy will get it.

Lebron23
06-24-2009, 07:24 AM
-Lebrons goona win it again. back 2 back.. probably have a more around game, a improved jumper hopefully..

Cavaliers 62 wins

LeBron averaging 30 ppg, 10 rpg, 7 apg, 79 FT%, and 51 FG%.

:hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime:

snipes12
06-24-2009, 08:59 AM
KG

Cavs2007Champs
06-24-2009, 08:59 AM
LeBron
Howard\Kobe\Wade

Melo\Brandon Roy\Tim Duncan

Don't know about Chris Paul yet, depending on what happens with NO.

This, I agree with this 100%.

I know what happened with LeBron, but the Cavs lost in the ECF, and it's not like they lost in the 1st or 2nd, or that he had a subpar performance, his teammates didn't step like Orlando's supporting cast did.

Howard/Kobe/Wade are the guys that are right there on the edge of really pushing LeBron. We'll see how these 3 players are doing by the New Year, and especially Wade's team success. We know Orlando and LA will have good records, but MIA might not have a great record.

Melo/Roy/Duncan are all going to be right there after those guys. I think Roy will take on an even larger role, but Portland has so many players who can contribute which could take the pressure and spotlight off of Roy.

Melo has Billups who was given all of the praise last year, but I think knowledgeable fans know Melo's importance. If he can continue to play as well offensively and the Nuggets continue on their improved Defense, then Melo will definitely slide into the Top 5.

Duncan, if he's healthy he'll put up solid numbers and get the nod like KG has had the past 2 seasons, pre-injury. He could average 20-10 and be in the Top 6 with no problem, as long as SA stays healthy, Duncan will man the defense and have his Big Fundamental way on the other end.

My Darkhorses...(Mostly before Christmas)

Danny Granger- I believe he'll be in the early season Top 10. I think Indy has the pieces to be solid as they gel together. He may be similar to how Chris Bosh was on NBA.com's MVP Top 10, a so so team performance but he will dominate.

Gilbert Arenas- if he's healthy and playing All-around ball, like he did those few games he played with multiple assists, some steals and rebounds, along with his killer offense while The Wiz are doing well. He'll get much of the accolades.

It looks like the NBA has moved into a new era officially.

The top 5 MVP candidates, by most people's opinion, is dominated by the 3 2003 Draftees and 1 2004 Draftee.

The MVP Top 10 contains Roy, Paul, maybe D-Williams. It looks like we officially have our new league, the torch has been passed.

Lebron23
07-08-2009, 09:57 AM
After the Free Agent Signings.

1. LeBron James
2. Dwayne Wade
3. Dwight Howard
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Chris Paul

Dark horse: Deron Williams, Brandon Roy, and Danny Granger.

shawbryant
07-08-2009, 10:28 AM
In general, the player from the team which have the most wins out of the league will 99% get the award. So I'd say Kobe has the most possibilities.

Mark Jackson
07-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Better and more important question, who's going to be Finals MVP in 2010?

visirale
07-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Better and more important question, who's going to be Finals MVP in 2010?
Adonal Foyle

Godfather
07-08-2009, 10:48 AM
I think the Cavs will win more games and LeBron's assists will go up (ppg down though).

Another player to consider is Chris Paul. If he puts up an amazing season to lead this disparaging hornets team he has to get recognition.

truethat23
07-08-2009, 12:07 PM
I think next season, for MVP we'll see a Kobe or Lebron Debate Part II take place.

Lebron and the Cavs have acquired the inside presence that they needed last season. They had a great regular season last year. With the addition of Shaq, there shouldn't be any reason why they can't improve. Since Lebron is the leader, he will get major MVP consideration if they win games.

Despite the fact that he has won his fourth title, Kobe still has the hunger for more. I look for Kobe to still have that same desire he had before. Kobe will still be amazing next season like he has been before. With Phil returning and the good possibility of resigning Odom, Kobe and the Lakers still look good for next season.

1. Lebron (up for debate)
2. Kobe (up for debate)
3. D-Wade
4. KG (sleeper)
5. Howard

DeathOfAutotune
07-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Lebron...

unknown101
07-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Trevor Ariza

24.2 ppg/4.7 apg/4.2 rpg/ 51% fg/ 44% 3p/ 82%ft

Rockets get 56 wins

ronnymac
07-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Most if not all people here are forgetting dirk. just look at the way he finished the season and single handedly carried the mavs to the playoffs. he might not win it, but he deserves a menton.

MeLO MvP 15
07-08-2009, 04:32 PM
i def think melo has a chance to win for a couple reasons:
1. his team will have a good record prob somewhere b/w 57-62 wins
2. he really has become a better overall player
3. his stats will prob go up cuz we will need him to score more unlike last year
4. his playoff performance last season

magnax1
07-08-2009, 04:35 PM
1-Lebron(Doesn't deserve it but the media likes to prop him up)
2-Kobe-going to be alot closer than last year
3-dwight-entering his prime
4-Wade
5-D-will-Average something like 22ppg 12 assists after he got over the injury
6-Cp3-his team is going to fall apart

LA_Showtime
07-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Dark horse = Brandon Roy?

Susie89
01-20-2010, 01:24 AM
p90x2 workout schedule (http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.me/)
LEAN – P90X lean is for those who want a more cardio – based and slightly less intensive program . Make no mistake , this is the real deal and no

picnic. In fact , you may sweat more than inP90X Workout Schedule (http://www.p90xworkoutscheduletoday.com/). What you sacrifice in overall gain in strength and speed, you’ll make up fir with positive

changes in lean body mass.

AKADS
01-20-2010, 02:29 AM
Me neither. I think he's at his peak. Mid-high 70s is probably the best he'll ever be. His only chance at shooting 37% from downtown is if he takes fewer 3 pointers and makes the ones he takes.

:banana:

phoenix18
01-23-2010, 08:47 PM
:oldlol: Egg on my face.

WeaponX2024
01-23-2010, 08:48 PM
I think that Dwight Howard will win it. After making the finals he'll now be put in the elite group and I think that after this year's finals dissapointment he'll work hard over the summer and come back better and hungrier.
:roll:

ArbitraryWater
07-09-2015, 07:48 PM
I agree with the first 9, but Durant at 10? He's one of my favorite players but #10 :wtf:

lol this is good

WHY THE **** IS THERE A COMPLETE LACK OF DIRK MENTIONS WHAT IS THIS