PDA

View Full Version : Like him or hate him? Dwanye Wade.

TMacsOneGoodEye
10-11-2006, 09:04 PM
You know my stance on him.

But just in case you don't, let me explain.

I used to love him, he was my favorite player from that draft class. I liked the way he was very humble and just let his game speak for himself.

Now he's my least favorite player.

I hate the way he doesn't try to make the shot but just tries to get free throws and not an And 1.

I hate the way he limps on defense like he's so hurt but will stick it out cause he's a warrior but then next offensive possesion will blast to the rim throwing the ball up and flailing his arms trying to draw a foul like he's 110% healthy.

I hate the way he expects a foul on EVERYTHING and will complain to the refs even yelling at them even though he gets the most shoddy calls called for him of every player ever.

And finally, I hate the way he's become the complete opposite of everything I liked him for.

The finals was the last straw. I could have taken it if he beat the Mavs on great and memorable play, but he didn't play THAT well and had no memorable plays and instead won a championship on questionable foul calls. Who wins finals on questionable free throws instead of memorable plays? Most of the games were decided by Wade free throws at the end.

IamtheWalrus
10-11-2006, 09:06 PM
because of these no defense playing, chucking bastards, ref *****ing players that got drafted in 2003, my fav player from that draft is hinrich...

he is everything right in basketball.

Glove_20
I like him

He is a great player...Can hit the mid range jumper ANYTIME...And can drive in, and either make it, or get fouled...Nearly unstoppable overall...

And he can play decent defense too, he is gonna be pretty good come this year on defense, he said he trained with Gary Payton on D...

He actually WINS...

And lastly

He got my favorite player Gary Payton....A RING

adamcz
I also hate the things you listed, but he's such a local hero in Milwaukee, I can't bring myself to actually hate him. Rather, I hope that he goes back to becoming the player he could become.

Younggrease
10-11-2006, 09:07 PM
how can you hate wade....

He is unselfish
He is a team player
He stands for USA medals
HE stands for every thing thats good in basketball

Im pretty sure this is what ESPN, Wade, and Shaq told me.

TMacsOneGoodEye
10-11-2006, 09:09 PM
And I can guarantee that the only people who are for Wade will be Kobe Groupies (Knoe, AAP, etc) or new Heat fans. And they won't list any reason why he's good or rebuttals but will just say "haha, bitter dallas fans!! get a life! Real talk!"

BOOK IT!

KnickFan4Life
10-11-2006, 09:10 PM

I used to love him, he was my favorite player from that draft class. I liked the way he was very humble and just let his game speak for himself.

I hate the way he doesn't try to make the shot but just tries to get free throws and not an And 1.

I hate the way he limps on defense like he's so hurt but will stick it out cause he's a warrior but then next offensive possesion will blast to the rim throwing the ball up and flailing his arms trying to draw a foul like he's 110% healthy.

I hate the way he expects a foul on EVERYTHING and will complain to the refs even yelling at them even though he gets the most shoddy calls called for him of every player ever.

And finally, I hate the way he's become the complete opposite of everything I liked him for.

The finals was the last straw. I could have taken it if he beat the Mavs on great and memorable play, but he didn't play THAT well and had no memorable plays and instead won a championship on questionable foul calls. Who wins finals on questionable free throws instead of memorable plays? Most of the games were decided by Wade free throws at the end.
I feel the same way. When I first saw him play (ECF vs Detroit 2005) he was my favorite player. He made spectacular plays and get no special treatment. Now he has a ring because breathing on him is a foul. That is not how you are supposed to win a championship.

Se
I dislike him also.

He represents everything that is wrong with US Basketball, and basketball the world over in general. He should walk his fat ass infront of oncoming traffic

I have nothing to say about him now TMOGE, you mentioned all the **** things about him.

The computer drafted Dwayne Wade for me on Yahoo, and I traded him straight away for Dwight "The Real Franchise" Howard.

Kobe4life
i dont think anyone hates wade besides mavs fans

Younggrease
10-11-2006, 09:12 PM
well i hate Wade and I also cant stand Dallas besides JAson TErry and Diop.

Jerm
10-11-2006, 09:14 PM
I like him, he's a good ball player and doesn't choke unlike Dirk. He gets my stamp of approval!

geeWiz15
10-11-2006, 09:15 PM
and there's Tmacs' once-a-month basketball related post, once again about Wade.

not that you aren't right of course. I personally am indifferent to him. there are some things I love about him (court presence on both ends, very unselfish) and some things I hate (dive into defense, get call; horrible shot) but mostly I dont care all that much.

Glove_20
10-11-2006, 09:16 PM
I listed reasons he is good...

He WINS
He can shoot the mid range jumper as good as anyone
He drives and finds a way to score...
He can play some D, and is gonna get better this year...
And he got my favorite player a RING...

Wade is probably my 2nd favorite player right now after Payton...

SsKSpurs21
10-11-2006, 09:19 PM
wade is similar to ginobili. they both are solid individual players but are shining because they play with great big men. they both have similar driving styles (just go in and try to draw the foul) and they both gamble on defense.

Wadeisabeast
10-11-2006, 09:19 PM
I like him

-he's a great guy on/off the court
-he IS unselfish
-he does not cause problems for his team(like many other stars have done)
-he wins
-his J is so smooth
- everything else

Ryan Bowen
10-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Wade is a great player and seems like a cool guy to me.

:applause:

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
10-11-2006, 09:22 PM
I like Wade's game.

I like Wade's approach to living it up in life.

I like Wade's free throw shooting.

I also like's Wade easy going nature.

I also like Wade's sportsmanship

(in one game, he had no choice but to give Carter a hard foul and sent him sprawling. he apologized and helped to pull Carter up, but Antoine Walker said "let him pick himself up boy." and pulled Wade away)

I don't like Wade's complaining.
(once, when he was complaining about a hard foul, while the break was started and the other team scored easily in transition.)

I don't like Wade's so called humility going out the door now that he has won a title.

but he's A-Ok other than that.

Carbine
10-11-2006, 09:25 PM
most shoddy calls called for him of every player ever.

Michael Jordan. Especially on defense.

I like Dwyane as a person & as a basketball player. Yeah, he demands calls and at times it's like you want him to just STFU and play but you have to understand that he's a competitve dude & he just wants the right calls being made.

If I felt like I was being fouled I would b!tch too. It's just part of the game, if someone is bumping you when you're driving & no call is made, make the official aware that you're upset about that & 9 times out of 10 the ref will look for it on the next few plays & make the call. Every star player in the history of the league b!tches.

Anyway, I guess being a Mav fan & all you probably would hate him. Just following suit, I suppose. The only fan I seen give Wade his due was Miles.

Se
10-11-2006, 09:25 PM
wade is similar to ginobili. they both are solid individual players but are shining because they play with great big men. they both have similar driving styles (just go in and try to draw the foul) and they both gamble on defense.

Ginobili>Wade

Manu can stroke the 3, slices the defense up (not crashing into them and throwing up reverse shots). Manu also plays good defense.

I only have a small list of players I really dislike:
-Dwayne Wade
-Stephon Marbury
-Steve Francis
-Amare Stoudemire
-Al Jefferson
-Primo Brezec
-Earl Boykins
-Corey Maggette
-Chucky Atkins
-Andre Igoudala
-Nate Robinson
-Shawn Marion
-Darius Miles
-Eddie Griffin
-Mark Blount
-Luke Ridnour
-Sebastion Telfair
-Deron Williams
-Chris Paul

I think thats it.

SsKSpurs21
10-11-2006, 09:28 PM
[QUOTE=Se

Kobe4life
10-11-2006, 09:29 PM
isnt hate him or like him a kobe bryant thing?

West-Side
10-11-2006, 09:30 PM
I like Wade, on the court and off...he's entertaining, real and is a good human being. I read an article about his high school sweetheart and his children...he just seems like a down to earth person any of us would chill with.

Kblaze8855
10-11-2006, 09:32 PM
The one and only thing I dont like about Wade is he pretends hes humble. Him and Lebron. I see nothing wrong with not being humble. Im not humble. so im not saying they should be.

But Wade in an interview with Shaq will go the "Im just trying to ___ for my teammates andI know I cant ____ by myself so I need them to ____ and then we can ___ together ______ loyalty_____ humble_____respect my elders______with the help of god ______"

And Lebron the same way. But you can see his arrogance on shows like Best damn sports show(horrible show by the way). And Lebron talks humble and acts like he expects nothing and has "Chosen one" written all across his back.

Ive always liked the arrogant players who just flat out didnt care if you knew it. Bird. Isiah Thomas. Magic(yes Magic was arrogant as hell). MJ. Rodman. Barkley.

Aside from that I see nothing about Wade to dislike. Hes a spectacular player, clutch, unselfish, and so on. Wade on the floor is about as hard to dislike as players get to me aside from the ref whining thing. But hes hardly the biggest whiner in the league. Or even on his team. During the ECF he was only the 5th biggest whiner on the floor.

Overall if 10 is my favorite player and 1 is what I thought of bill Laimbeer.....Wade is about a 7.5-8.

TMacsOneGoodEye
10-11-2006, 09:34 PM
I like Wade, on the court and off...he's entertaining, real and is a good human being. I read an article about his high school sweetheart and his children...he just seems like a down to earth person any of us would chill with.

High school sweetheart stuff has nothing to do with Wade now. We all liked Wade then, we were all SMITTEN with him. He was the girl at the record store we all fell in love with. Now she's graduated college, threw out her record collection, cut her hair into a butch style, and you just found out she got knocked up by the bully that used to beat you up in high school.

That guys a ****.

ALBballer
10-11-2006, 09:34 PM
If Wade knows he can "dive" and "flop" to the basket to get the And 1, then why not? Is he supposed to say, "You know what, it's kinda cheap how I get this superstar treatment, so let me just take a jumpshot."

You know what... at that point he would just be Dirk.

TMacsOneGoodEye
10-11-2006, 09:36 PM
If Wade knows he can "dive" and "flop" to the basket to get the And 1, then why not? Is he supposed to say, "You know what, it's kinda cheap how I get this superstar treatment, so let me just take a jumpshot."

The thing is he doesn't try to get the and 1. If he did it would be a non issue cause that's one of my favorite plays in ball. I love when a dude goes up to make the shots, gets contact, makes the shot and gets a free throw. LOVE IT.

Wade on the other hand, goes up, pretends he gets contact, flails, and throws the ball into the stands. Can't respect that.

SsKSpurs21
10-11-2006, 09:37 PM

hmm, so its OK for wade to do it but when manu does it he is labeled a flopper? cant have it both ways my friend.

Wadeisabeast
10-11-2006, 09:37 PM
The thing is he doesn't try to get the and 1. If he did it would be a non issue cause that's one of my favorite plays in ball. I love when a dude goes up to make the shots, gets contact, makes the shot and gets a free throw. LOVE IT.

Wade on the other hand, goes up, pretends he gets contact, flails, and throws the ball into the stands. Can't respect that.

Then why is he one of the leaders in and 1's made if he never tries?

ALBballer
10-11-2006, 09:38 PM

And I say, so what? It helps his game and it helps his team win, and in the end thats all that matters.

ALBballer
10-11-2006, 09:39 PM
hmm, so its OK for wade to do it but when manu does it he is labeled a flopper? cant have it both ways my friend.

Did I ever call Manu a flopper, and besides is that term really a bad thing?

Kobe4life
10-11-2006, 09:40 PM
he tries too hard to be like michael jordan and he has no respect for other players in the league besides shaq

The Mamba
10-11-2006, 09:40 PM
First of all, you guys would be shocked to see my stance on Dwyane Wade 12 months or so ago, compared to today.

Off-the court, great guy. Nothing else can be said for him off the court, as far as I'm concerned.

On the court, I love him when he first came in. He repped my hometown. Played so hard, so humble, so slept on. Had the chance to be Jordan-esque. His sophmore campaign, things continued in the right direction.

Then, it all came crashing down for me last year. He became dramtically overrated and hyped, via the media. You couldn't breath on him with out getting a foul called on you, and people were just slurping his jonhson left and right. I started to see a change in him as well. It seemed like he was buying into himself, and his own hype. Started complaining, non stop, the humble guy who wouldn't talk and just take care of business on the court dissappeared. He was whining like all the other huge babies in the game today. He would just drive o.c. style into the lane, throw himself into people and look for calls. It was just disgusting. No beauty, and/or skill in that. He wasn't playing to get buckets, like the game is supposed to be played. He played to get calls. Getting good foul calls should come as a result of playing hard, being quit, and trying to get buckets. Not the other way around. He still had yet to add a reliable jump shot to his arsenal or defense (are you working on anything in the off-season?) It all turned me off, on the man who WAS MY FAVORITE PLAYER IN THE NBA from 2003 - 2005. Not to mention, the supposed "Next MJ" and the "Next Dominating Force" brought home another bronze medal to the U.S.A. in the World Championships, and didn't do any sort of leading or dominating. It's all just left a bad taste in my mouth. I hope he turns it around this year, and goes back to being the Dwyane Wade of 2003/2004 and 2004/2005, but with an improved jumper and hard nosed, hustle on defense. No, acting hurt on the defensive end, then playing completely healthy on offense. That isn't fooling anyone, trying to act like Allen Iverson.

Wadeisabeast
10-11-2006, 09:42 PM
he tries too hard to be like michael jordan and he has no respect for other players in the league besides shaq

You sound like an idiot. Wade does not want to be Jordan(like Kobe), he wants to be himself. What evidence do you have that shows Wade doesn't respect other players?

The Mamba
10-11-2006, 09:43 PM
If Wade knows he can "dive" and "flop" to the basket to get the And 1, then why not?
Because basketball isn't acting. Which what the game has evolved to thanks to Europeans comming in. It's about getting BUCKETS. By playing hard, and the right way, the foul calls will come. You don't play to draw fouls. It isn't basketball, it's sports entertainment. Acting shouldn't have to be a neccessary skill for a basketball player.

The Mamba
10-11-2006, 09:44 PM
You sound like an idiot. Wade does not want to be Jordan(like Kobe), he wants to be himself. What evidence do you have that shows Wade doesn't respect other players?
Before the series with the Bulls, Dwyane Wade said he did nothing but watch MJ dvd's in the days leading up to the games. Even went to the extent of shaving his head, JUST LIKE MJ. You didn't see these interviews, and/or his shaved head?

Kobe4life
10-11-2006, 09:45 PM

do u have any evidence he shows respect to other players?and yes he is trying to be jordan

SsKSpurs21
10-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Did I ever call Manu a flopper, and besides is that term really a bad thing?

i never said its a bad thing, its just frustrating how people here will label another player a flopper, a choker, a whiner, a thug, etc. but bend those rules for other players they like.

Wadeisabeast
10-11-2006, 09:47 PM
Before the series with the Bulls, Dwyane Wade said he did nothing but watch MJ dvd's in the days leading up to the games. Even went to the extent of shaving his head, JUST LIKE MJ. You didn't see these interviews, and/or his shaved head?

OUCH, thanks for the curb.

But no, i never saw the interviews, and didn't know why he shaved his head. But i still believe that the first guy is an idiot, because Kobe also wants to be like Jordan.

Carbine
10-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Nothing wrong studying MJ' game because he was one of the best to do it. If you can learn something to help your game you do it, simple.

However, it gets on a whole other level when you're acting, speaking, walking, etc like Jordan. You know who I'm talking about. That takes nothing away from Kobe as a player, but that probably pisses a lot of people off.

ALBballer
10-11-2006, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE=The Mamba]Because basketball isn't acting. Which what the game has evolved to thanks to Europeans comming in. It's about getting BUCKETS. By playing hard, and the right way

He's doing it the right way, he puts the ball in the basket 50% of the time. That's what I call efficency and I would take him on the Knicks in a heartbeat over our dumd-jumpshoot happy PG's.

BTW, damm those Europeans and ruining our game. They play fundamental basketball and they pass the ball.......what, just ruining our game.

Wadeisabeast
do u have any evidence he shows respect to other players?and yes he is trying to be jordan

He obviously respects his teammates, and I don't recall him ever disrespecting anybody on/off the court. He seems to be friends with Lebron and Carmello.

The Mamba
OUCH, thanks for the curb.

But no, i never saw the interviews, and didn't know why he shaved his head. But i still believe that the first guy is an idiot, because Kobe also wants to be like Jordan.
No prob. Kobe definetely wants to be like Jordan... as does virtually about every basketball player on the planet. Moot point.

TMacsOneGoodEye
10-11-2006, 09:51 PM
Is he even a winner? When Shaq got hurt to start the season he led the heat to something like 10-21.

And is he really a great teammate when not winning (everyones a great teammate when you're winning)? I specifically remember him verbal sparring with his teammates about not getting the ball on the sidelines when they almost imploded upon themselves about 3 quarters through the season.

Kobe4life
10-11-2006, 09:51 PM
He obviously respects his teammates, and I don't recall him ever disrespecting anybody on/off the court. He seems to be friends with Lebron and Carmello.

kobe is kobe and wade is a jordan wannabe u ****in dumbass
and wade shouldnt even even be compared to jordan the guy cant even get a gold medal

The Mamba
10-11-2006, 09:52 PM
He's doing it the right way, he puts the ball in the basket 50% of the time. That's what I call efficency and I would take him on the Knicks in a heartbeat over our dumd-jumpshoot happy PG's.
Effecient, I agree. Over ANY Knick player? Of course, no brainer. But that doesn't negate the fact that acting doesn't belong in the game. I see players now who act, when they should be just playings. Then they look to the refs and complain, immedietly after. It isn't basketball, homie. That's a broadway show.

BTW, damm those Europeans and ruining our game. They play fundamental basketball and they pass the ball.......what, just ruining our game.
Runing the defensive side of the basketball, yes.. They brought in the acting and flopping. All started with Vlade.

Wadeisabeast
10-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Is he even a winner? When Shaq got hurt to start the season he led the heat to something like 10-21.

And is he really a great teammate when not winning (everyones a great teammate when you're winning)? I specifically remember him verbal sparring with his teammates about not getting the ball on the sidelines when they almost imploded upon themselves about 3 quarters through the season.

They didn't go 10-21, something around .500. And keep in mind that they had a completely different team and a coach who knew he was going to get fired. In the 04-05 season Wade and the Heat did very well without shaq.

Kblaze8855
Its amazing to me how similar the Wade complaints are to the ones on Kobe years ago. Right down to the "pretending to be hurt then looking healthy all of a sudden" ****. And acting too much like MJ.

I told people 3 years ago that given a few years Wade and Lebron would have huge lists of people who hate them over next to nothing just like Kobe. I was told it couldnt happen.

I never underestimate the potential for hatred in sports fans. In a league with wife beaters, rapists(yes I consider what Ruben Patterson did and then paid to get out of rape), amazingly dirty players, and so on...to hate Wade more than anyone just doesnt make sense to me. I simply dont accept that it has nothing to do with the Mavs losing in the finals for some or hating him being compared to their favorite player for others. To be a fan of the NBA and not either love the Mavs(or another team they beat) or love Kobe or Lebron(or AI/Tmac to a lesser degree) and hate Wade more than anyone in the league....I simply cant understand it. Just dont. I accept it happens. Just dont see why.

Targus
wade is a flopping dude who gets most of his points from free throw attempts or over-dramatic layups...

The Mamba
10-11-2006, 09:54 PM
This is true as well. They were struggling when Shaq wasn't on their squad. That's why I get upset when people say Dwyane Wade led the Heat to a chip as their leader and best player. They wouldn't have even been in the position to excel if it wasn't for Shaq. Shaq's emphasis on the game now is not through his numbers, but by his precense and threat. Shaq made that team go when he cameback. Shaq is their leader.

TMacsOneGoodEye
10-11-2006, 09:54 PM
Who said anything about LeBron? He's the man and one of my top 3 favorite players.

picc84
10-11-2006, 10:02 PM
Like Wade's personality. Love Wade's game. Hate his star treatment and am indifferent but with a mild dislike toward his phony humble facade (that Lebron also shares in agreement with kbalze8855). You cant blame them though, with all their endorsements they have to keep up public image in interviews.

Wadeisabeast
10-11-2006, 10:02 PM
This is true as well. They were struggling when Shaq wasn't on their squad. That's why I get upset when people say Dwyane Wade led the Heat to a chip as their leader and best player. They wouldn't have even been in the position to excel if it wasn't for Shaq. Shaq's emphasis on the game now is not through his numbers, but by his precense and threat. Shaq made that team go when he cameback. Shaq is their leader.

Wade and the heat did play well with out shaq in the 04-05 season, and did descent this season with a whole new team and coach who was about to get fired. In 04-05 all of wade's stats went up and he led his team to victories.

Kobe4life
10-11-2006, 10:03 PM
well lebron is the best player in the nba besides kobe bryant right now lbron can rebound pass score pretty much anytime and if he had shaq.. ouch

picc84
10-11-2006, 10:04 PM
Anybody see the interview nbatv was doing with Bron, Wade, and Melo before the world games where they asked Wade to compare everyone to each other? He said a whole bunch of stuff that was pc but true, and then went "blah blah....but im the best looking". What was funny was that you could tell he said it in a joking manner, but he wasnt really joking at all and obviously wanted to mention it. :roll:

picc84
10-11-2006, 10:06 PM

He beat NJ 4-0 basically by himself last year.

Kobe4life
wade is pretty overrated, i mean very overrated even by the refs

The Mamba
Wade and the heat did play well with out shaq in the 04-05 season
True, but they didn't dominate until Shaq came back. It is what it is. It takes a great TEAM to be great. Not just A great superstar.

and did descent this season with a whole new team and coach who was about to get fired.
I can agree, bu then people can't blame the Lakers led by Kobe in 04/05 to be bad, because they had similar coaching changes.

The Mamba
He beat NJ 4-0 basically by himself last year.
And didn't he do that in 04/05 as well? Dwyane Wade OWNS New Jersey.

Kblaze8855
10-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Lebron said "He thinks hes the best looking man in the world" and Wade looked off into space as if to say "You got damn right!".

I liked it though. Earned arrogance is a great thing. The players who are arorgant and suck are the annoying ones.

The Mamba
10-11-2006, 10:08 PM
I know LeBron is definetely one of the ugliest kats in the world. Dwyane Wade is a pretty dude though, can't hate on that.

picc84
10-11-2006, 10:09 PM

Thats the year i was talking about. Last year. Not this year. This year it was a combined effort. Last year it was Wade > NJ.

The Mamba
10-11-2006, 10:10 PM
He still pretty much ass raped the Nets this year as well though... But in 04/05 The Miami Wade's swept the Nets. THAT was the Dwyane Wade that was my favorite. Till he became a prima donna last year.

picc84
10-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Lebron said "He thinks hes the best looking man in the world" and Wade looked off into space as if to say "You got damn right!".

I liked it though. Earned rrogance is a great thing. The players who are arorgant and suck are the annoying ones.

Im pretty sure Wade was the one who brought the looks things up. They were all sitting on a rock ledge. He said "but im the best looking" and looked at the other two, who kind of hesitated, then chuckled in a "funny...wtf was that about?" kinda way.

I agree you cant blame nba players for being arrogant. Whats not to be cocky about? There are far poorer men who have far fewer women throwing themselves at them who are extremely arrogant. I just hate when people hate one player for being arrogant, and dont apply the same standard to others.

ALBballer
10-11-2006, 10:13 PM
I know LeBron is definetely one of the ugliest kats in the world. Dwyane Wade is a pretty dude though, can't hate on that.

:roll:

Wadeisabeast
10-11-2006, 10:15 PM
True, but they didn't dominate until Shaq came back. It is what it is. It takes a great TEAM to be great. Not just A great superstar.

They were struggling when Shaq wasn't on their squad

Those are two different sentences, which one is right? Did they struggle, or were they a good team?

The Mamba
10-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Those are two different sentences, which one is right? Did they struggle, or were they a good team?
In 05/06, they struggled. Many people were then questioning the acquisitions of the Heat from the off-season. Not struggling in a sense that they were last in the league. Struggling in a sense that they weren't playing NEAR as well as they had the previous year, and in the playoffs. They were an average team for awhile, until Shaq kicked stuff in gear.

picc84
10-11-2006, 10:17 PM
I also take issue with the whole thing about how all kobe fans hate anyone giving him competition. Kobe's my favorite player, but tmac is right behind him. I have a tmac jersey but not a kobe one. Wade and Lebron are two of my favorite players, and I love watching both of them. I dont like how the refs treat them but being a kobe fan shouldnt invalidate your opinion to people regarding other swingmen. Maybe some kobe fans, but people stereotype us based on the insecure nuts. Its just basketball.

The Mamba
10-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Maybe some kobe fans, but people stereotype us based on the insecure nuts. Its just basketball.
But that isn't just for Kobe fans either though, picc. I mean, Suns fans just naturally hate Laker fans. Fans of LeBron, generally, put down Carmelo. Wade fans try to put down Kobe. In a sense, it is kind of natural, so I can't get mad at people for it. You just have to learn to appreciate everyone, EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM, if you are a true fan of the game.

nash4eva!gosuns
10-11-2006, 10:21 PM
personally i love wade...he's everything kobe would be without the attitude...

i love watching him play he's great...and he always steps up when the team needs him

picc84
10-11-2006, 10:22 PM
But that isn't just for Kobe fans either though, picc. I mean, Suns fans just naturally hate Laker fans. Fans of LeBron, generally, put down Carmelo. Wade fans try to put down Kobe. In a sense, it is kind of natural, so I can't get mad at people for it. You just have to learn to appreciate everyone, EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM, if you are a true fan of the game.

You're kinda one of the guys I was talking about....

nash4eva!gosuns
10-11-2006, 10:23 PM

i agree with him...once we had the biggest fight in one of the threads and then we kinda learned to respect each other's opinion and team without regard to wether we agreed with it or not...u remember mamba?

picc84
10-11-2006, 10:23 PM
personally i love wade...he's everything kobe would be without the attitude...

i love watching him play he's great...and he always steps up when the team needs him

What attitude does he have that wade doesn't? In the past couple years it seems Kobe has been really humbled by everything. I havent seen him do or say anything arrogant or prickish in a long time. He's been the quintessential nice guy.

The Mamba
10-11-2006, 10:25 PM
That's not the point. I don't hate Dwyane Wade. The point is, it is pretty natural for fans to do that. Protective of your favorites. Do Bears fans promote the Packers? No... because their Bears fans. It is how sports and their fans interact.

The Mamba
10-11-2006, 10:25 PM
i agree with him...once we had the biggest fight in one of the threads and then we kinda learned to respect each other's opinion and team without regard to wether we agreed with it or not...u remember mamba?
Of course.

The Mamba
10-11-2006, 10:29 PM
BTW, Picc...I'm a HUGE T-Mac fan. He's the original competitor to Kobe. I'm a fan of Iverson, James and Nash. All people who are challengers of Kobe. You don't know me in my entirety, so you could be referring to me if you'd like, but it doesn't make it neccessarily true.

I don't like the delusional clowns who think that, if I'm a fan of Kobe, and I critique someone else, that I'm doing so because they're a proposed "threat" to Kobe Bryant.

picc84
10-11-2006, 10:31 PM
Just saying, I remember a thread some time back where you basically called me a kobe hater and a wade-stan cause i was defending wade over kobe for something, and told me to take my kobe avatar out cause i obviously wasnt a true fan. :confusedshrug: :roll: Its almost like some cant take criticism of Kobe without immediately getting defensive, and people see that and go "oh, here go the kobe stans again" and group everyone into that.

The Mamba
10-11-2006, 10:32 PM
No, I said that because you literally came off as a Wade **** slurper.

nash4eva!gosuns
10-11-2006, 10:35 PM

:eek: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Koolbreeze07
10-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Simple and plain, Dwde is a beast. they boy has been killing the league since his rookie year. The man is a natural leader and STILL humble. What's to hate? Really? He's a complete player that will get more complete this season. It was the refs who gave the man all those bulls_t calls so my hate is aimed at them or should I say my dislike.

picc84
10-11-2006, 10:51 PM

Right. Because i defended him vs. Kobe. Which goes back to my point...of certain kobe stans getting overly defensive when he is slighted in any way. Me arguing for wade against kobe in something = wade **** slurper. My point couldnt have been proven any better than just now.

BFRESH44
10-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Interesting insights in this thread..Some IMO being some sounding like real B!tch made reasons for hating/disliking a player & and some very valid criticisms.

Also alot of ignorance too...

But I think I can go without saying on this one...

One of all time favorite players of all time already. Big fan..Dude was in part(a BIG part) part of creating the single best sports momments of my life with, leading the team I've been rooting for for years (homer) to an NBA Title...

He's a clutch and unselfish NBA superstar. Came in the league under the radar, but eventually BUILT himself up to the top of the mountain. That truly showing that he had the "IT" quality about him in terms of this game of basketball..

Dude is an animal.

Looking forward to watching him play the next 5-10 years...

AppleNader
10-11-2006, 11:04 PM
I love him a lot, for a few reasons:

1. He really understands the concept of off-ball movement, a lost art among todays stars.

2. He is really fundamentally sound defensively.

3. Super decision making

4. Unstoppable jumper...can hit from anywhere on court.

5. Doesn't commit violations like carrying, traveling, palming, etc that a lot of other stars do.

6. Doesn't need the ref to bail him out.

Xplicit
10-11-2006, 11:10 PM
People like underdogs. Lebron and Melo got all the hype in that rookie class. Wade was the underdog. I guess that's why people are saying they used to like him but don't like him now that he has won a ring. Success breeds hate. That's just how it is. I just dont understand it though... How can anyone hate Dwyane Wade? Honestly.. hate the refs and the calls if you want.. hate the media hype if you want.. but what the hell does that have to do with Dwyane Wade the player?

The man's game is simply fun to watch. He has an unlimited arsenal of moves going at the basket. He'll break your ankles AND dunk on you. He's clutch. I just love watching him play. He's an amazing player at a young age and he's only going to get better.

No memorable plays in the Finals? What Finals were you watching? Cause I saw dude draining jumpers in his sleep in the biggest stage of his career. Stop crying about free-throws already. There is no comparison in the NBA when you talk about slashers. The man shoots a lot of free-throws because he draws more contact than any other! You can either keep crying about it or you can get used to it, cause the kid is not going to stop attacking the basket..

The Mamba
10-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Right. Because i defended him vs. Kobe. Which goes back to my point...of certain kobe stans getting overly defensive when he is slighted in any way. Me arguing for wade against kobe in something = wade **** slurper. My point couldnt have been proven any better than just now.
Right, which goes back to my point ... in that there are idiotic clowns, like yourself, which take a reconginzed Kobe fan and if said Kobe fan criticizes any ball player other than Kobe, you are in effect trying to elevate Kobe and take down a supposed "threat" to Kobe, I see that as "groupie witchhunt". Searching for something, and prosecuting, which may not be there. Don't catch feelings. In that thread, you came off as a Wade d 1ck slurper. Like it was a 7 Eleven Big Gulp attatched to your hands and mouth. I had been reading your previous posts, and had come to that conclusion AT THAT time.

That, or I don't know if by saying this you are like trying to differentiate yourself, because as a Kobe fan ... aren't you a stan as well? A stan constituted ridiculous arguments, and extreme over exaggeration of the type of player Kobe Bryant is. I don't do that. I don't say Kobe Bryant is the GOAT, or even that he is the undisputed best player in the league. THAT is typical phrases that determine a Kobe "groupie" or "stan". You're trying to pigeon hole my arguments for Kobe, or against another player, and dismiss them simply by labeling me a "Kobe Stan", instead of what I am, which is a "Kobe Fan".

ALBballer
10-11-2006, 11:15 PM

1. He really understands the concept of off-ball movement, a lost art among todays stars.

3. Super decision making

5. Doesn't commit violations like carrying, traveling, palming, etc that a lot of other stars do.

Your such a d=ck, but that's why ISH loves you.

Vragrant
10-11-2006, 11:20 PM
Wade has been my favourite player in the NBA since his second season..

I knew he was destined for greatness but I was surprised to see it was manifested so soon.

Wade to me is a throwback, He is physically tough, fearless, clutch, unselfish, and plays an all around game. Arguably the most physical guard in league.

Wade and Lebron have marked the new bieginning of the highly efficient volume scorer (and for those who say its because of Shaq, the last two seasons with Shaq out of the lineup Wade shoots over 48 percent.)

Very unique player. He's one of the most explosive players I've ever seen. Freakishly strong for his size, has nearly a seven foot wingspan desptie being only 6'4". Plainly put, like Bill Russell said about him, he plays 'bigger' than he actually is.

Has a lot of potential to be a lockdown defender, already has crazy off the ball defensive instincts. I remember him blocking Dirk in the Finals while Dirk was streaking on a supposedly wide open layup, Wade just jumped strarght up ans swatting it into the stands. Has the potential to be a first all defense type of guy.

Naturally he has haters now (which I knew would eventually happen), but hey that's life. I'm just glad I get to watch this guy play. I've been waiting years for a player like him to come along, since Jordan retired.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
10-11-2006, 11:20 PM

3. Super decision making

:applause: i thought you were serious

junkifunki
10-11-2006, 11:24 PM
I am definitely a fan. The guy is fearless and relentless. He reminds me of AI in so many ways. Been a fan since his rookie year when hit clutch shot after clutch shot in the playoffs against the Hornets and Pacers. I knew the kid was special. I just didn't think two seasons later, he'd be Finals MVP already. Gotta love the kid. How can you not? I mean other than if you're a Mavs fan.

picc84
10-11-2006, 11:28 PM
Right, which goes back to my point ... in that there are idiotic clowns, like yourself

Dont let anyone say I started the ad hominem when this deteriorates to a flamefest. :roll: And they say some Kobe fans are emotional, sensitive biittches. I wonder why. :confusedshrug:

which take a reconginzed Kobe fan and if said Kobe fan criticizes any ball player other than Kobe, you are in effect trying to elevate Kobe and take down a supposed "threat" to Kobe

I dont remember having any other interaction with you besides that thread, and i'm sure you've criticized many a player since then, including Wade, which i've ignored. I happened to disagree with you, and argued about it. Thats what happens here. Grow up.

I see that as "groupie witchhunt". Searching for something, and prosecuting, which may not be there. Don't catch feelings.

Dont catch feelings? "Idiot clowns like you!" anyone? I've been the epitome of calm in this thread. You, otoh, just dedicated two long paragraphs and an insult to me. Who's catching feelings again? :roll:

In that thread, you came off as a Wade d 1ck slurper. Like it was a 7 Eleven Big Gulp attatched to your hands and mouth. I had been reading your previous posts, and had come to that conclusion AT THAT time.

I've read your posts, and i've come to the conclusion your a babbling ignoramus who advises people not to catch feelings through long, insult-laden diatribes bursting with emotional hoe-ass-niigga-ness that forces the target of your comical claptrap to end discussion before it escalates to this and reinforces the image of kobe fan=mindless idiot.

DoubleTech
10-11-2006, 11:33 PM
wade's the man.

The Mamba
10-11-2006, 11:49 PM
Dont let anyone say I started the ad hominem when this deteriorates to a flamefest. :roll: And they say some Kobe fans are emotional, sensitive biittches. I wonder why. :confusedshrug:
You got emotional, and called me a Kobe groupie cause I said you gave head to Dwyane Wade in a thread regarding him. This whole post you talk about me being the one catching feelings, then you label an entire fanbase as "sensitive biittches", because you are arguing with me, a "Kobe Stan"? Well yes, you are catching feelings, and you are a Kobe fan. So you do the math, picc. Welcome to the "emotional, sensitive, bittttttttttttttttches" club. We're happy to have you, buddy. :D

and i'm sure you've criticized many a player since then, including Wade, which i've ignored.
Should I be greatful, picc? haha

I happened to disagree with you, and argued about it. Thats what happens here. Grow up.
When was I saying otherwise? I'm just saying you came off as Dwyane Wade's wife to me, at that time.

I've been the epitome of calm in this thread.
You have? Did you proof read this post before hitting the button on your mouse? You called me a groupie to start off with, because I said it is natural for fans to defend, and/or put down opposing threats to their favorites.

I've read your posts, and i've come to the conclusion your a babbling ignoramus
The self procclaimed "Epitome of Calm", STRIKES AGAIN!!

forrces the target of your comical claptrap to end discussion before it escalates to this and reinforces the image of kobe fan=mindless idiot.
How did any of what I said reinforce the image of Kobe fan = mindless idiot? They will think that way regardless of the points you make. And you obviously haven't followed my posts too carefully if you haven't seen me mention negatives of one, Kobe Bryant. Those are the mindless Kobe fans. Those are the Kobe stans, or groupies. Ones that can't admit any flaws with Kobe Bryant. Get your **** right before calling me a Kobe groupie or stan.

You still haven't addressed this:

A stan constituted ridiculous arguments, and extreme over exaggeration of the type of player Kobe Bryant is. I don't do that. I don't say Kobe Bryant is the GOAT, or even that he is the undisputed best player in the league. THAT is typical phrases that determine a Kobe "groupie" or "stan". You're trying to pigeon hole my arguments for Kobe, or against another player, and dismiss them simply by labeling me a "Kobe Stan", instead of what I am, which is a "Kobe Fan".

All of which constitutes a real Kobe fanatic / groupie / stan, or whatever else you want to call them

You simply wanted to take a shot at me as a poster, because you don't like me. Ex:

Which is you saying I am a Kobe groupie / stan. Do Kobe stans ever give Wade props, and/or any other guard? Read these statements, from me, within this thread alone:

He still pretty much ass raped the Nets this year as well though... But in 04/05The Miami Wade's swept the Nets. THAT was the Dwyane Wade that was my favorite.

Twiens
10-12-2006, 12:08 AM
The man is a natural leader and STILL humble.

Haha, anyone else get annoyed of this?

picc84
10-12-2006, 12:12 AM
You got emotional, and called me a Kobe groupie cause I said you gave head to Dwyane Wade in a thread regarding him. This whole post you talk about me being the one catching feelings, then you label an entire fanbase as "sensitive biittches", because you are arguing with me, a "Kobe Stan"?

So what? :confusedshrug: I use curse words to describe a lot of things. Its part of my vocabulary, and many others', im sure. I imagine when you see the words 'groupie' or 'sensitive biitch' on your monitor, you picture some guy frothing at the mouth, eyes blood red. I can call you a babbling idiot and be drinking kool-aid and playing madden at the same time, if those are the words that jump at me when reading your typing. They're just words, kid. They're called descriptors. And they were in response to your ad hominem which started the whole thing. Now if I had typed a long, paragraphed post with insults to you (like you did to me) in response to nothing at all, maybe you'd have a point.

You have? Did you proof read this post before hitting the button on your mouse? You called me a groupie to start off with, because I said it is natural for fans to defend, and/or put down opposing threats to their favorites.

Not directly, but sure, I implied you were a stan. So what? :confusedshrug: Again, I dont know why you could think I was 'catching feelings'. You being a stan and apparently a sensitive biitch are opinions I was stating. The fact I use the words 'stan' and 'biitch' arent in themselves evidence of an emotional rage....they're just words. Descriptive ones I just happened to need. Again, grow up.

All of which constitutes a real Kobe fanatic / groupie / stan, or whatever else you want to call them

You simply wanted to take a shot at me as a poster, because you don't like me.

I dont dislike you. I dont care enough to dislike you. I appreciate your being a kobe fan since he's my favorite player, and you have some good insights and comments that you make that I agree with. That doesn't have anything to do with me thinking your a stan. Your a stan because you go too far in defense of him sometimes when its undeserved. Thats just an opinion I have. I can disagree with you without condemning you as a human being. I can also respond to you with descriptive curse words without actually feeling the slightest sliver of emotion or anger, as I did earlier. Its the internet. To me you're just a series of words spread across my screen. You take this ***** way too seriously.*

*Btw, my use of the word ***** in the above sentence isnt my way of expressing my insane e-anger through rhetoric. Its just a word I use...all the time...for no particular reason besides its a good word.

You know. Just in case you were about to rip me for. 'catching feelings', or whatever.

Which is you saying I am a Kobe groupie / stan. Do Kobe stans ever give Wade props, and/or any other guard?

Course they do. Anyway, i've condoned this way too long and who else really gives a **** about this stuff. Thats it for me.

LakersDynasty
10-12-2006, 12:47 AM

3. Super decision making

ROFL, :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

That sums it up.

hotsizzle
10-12-2006, 12:56 AM
i like dwyane wade. liked him since marquette. only thing that bugs me is what most have been saying...he says hes humble but he isnt.

Younggrease
10-12-2006, 01:19 AM
Haha, anyone else get annoyed of this?

during the playoffs my bro and i would count how many times Shaq, the media or Wade himself would say "humble" or "team player".

It was pretty funny, cause Wade would say the same stuff about himself that the media would say.

Quick question: Can you truly be humble if you constantly refer to yourself as humble??? He uses humble as a positive attribute and by bringing it up isnt kind of bragging about himself

Rojogaqu11
10-12-2006, 01:24 AM
I like his game very much, most of all the energy he brings to the team.
One of few stars who really show the will to be the best. He can be arrogant but he backs it up with hustle and determination.
I don't think he is the most skilled player, nor the most fundamentally sound, he gets away with a lot of controversial calls, in my opinion he is like Steve Francis used to be, with lots of talent and athletiscism, but his energy and old school ways separate him from the other combo guards.

Like I said, he may not have the skills others have perfected, he may not have the best fundamentals or great defense, but what he has he uses to the utmost. And I'm not saying he can't do a lot of things, he has being thought to be one of the most talented players in the league even before he entered, but still, he is very raw in several areas. He may not be the best player in the league, but there's only a select few players I would choose on my team before him.
The new rules of todat might help him hide some of his weaknesses, but who cares about that when you can take advantage of them to take the win. That is the most important thing after all, and it only makes him uncomplicated and wise towards the sport.
Just my opinion.

JacobTheButcher
10-12-2006, 01:35 AM
he says hes humble but he isnt.

FALSE. Wade has never EVER said he was humble. It's other people (the media) that say that about him. Who the hell calls themselves humble anyways? Wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of being humble?

LakersDynasty
10-12-2006, 01:36 AM
FALSE. Wade has never EVER said he was humble. It's other people that say that about him.
Obviously you've never seen a Wade interview, he said it numerous times.

Younggrease
10-12-2006, 01:36 AM
FALSE. Wade has never EVER said he was humble. It's other people that say that about him.

yes he has numerous times. ill try to find quotes but i know i have heard him say it about himself many times.

ManUtd
10-12-2006, 01:43 AM
I don't like Wade. I think he's the most overrated player in the NBA. No range, no defense, refs creation,

ST JIMMY
10-12-2006, 01:45 AM
Is it a crime to be arrogant when you're the Finals MVP?

Everyone superstar not named Yao Ming has an ego. It's almost a requirement to achieve superstar status. It's ridiculous and unrealistic to expect Wade to be the same good ol' humble rookie when he has already won a ring as numero uno option on his team. The important thing is that he is still a TEAM player. He gives credit to his teammates and trusts them with the ball. What more could you ask for? Wade is unquestionably top 5 in this league.

LakersDynasty
10-12-2006, 01:50 AM
Is it a crime to be arrogant when you're the Finals MVP?

Everyone superstar not named Yao Ming has an ego. It's almost a requirement to achieve superstar status. It's ridiculous and unrealistic to expect Wade to be the same good ol' humble rookie when he has already won a ring as numero uno option on his team. The important thing is that he is still a TEAM player. He gives credit to his teammates and trusts them with the ball. What more could you ask for? Wade is unquestionably top 5 in this league.
How is he unquestionably top 5?

Guys that are definitely better: Kobe, Duncan, Bron, Nowitzki, Garnett, healthy T-Mac

He's on par with Iverson, Nash.

He can be arrogant all he wants, it's the fact that he refers to himself as humble when he's not, you don't call yourself humble, others have to say that about you. If Shaq called himself humble when he's obviously arrogant, you wouldn't find something wrong with that?

ST JIMMY
10-12-2006, 01:58 AM
How is he unquestionably top 5?

Guys that are definitely better: Kobe, Duncan, Bron, Nowitzki, Garnett, healthy T-Mac

He can be arrogant all he wants, it's the fact that he refers to himself as humble when he's not, you don't call yourself humble, others have to say that about you. If Shaq called himself humble when he's obviously arrogant, you wouldn't find something wrong with that?

Did Wade ever come out and say "I'm a humble guy!!"? I dont recall, but if you can dig up a quote, then your argument is validated. What I DO recall is the media hyping Wade up to be humble. David Stern is trying to find a Jordan replacement. It was expected.

JacobTheButcher
10-12-2006, 01:58 AM

OK that is 100% subjective. What do you use as a basis for who's better? Tmac is better than Wade, but Iverson is only on par with Wade? What are you using to measure this?

A "healthy" TMac? What are we.. throwing random variables in too? Tmac is never healthy, which is part of the reason why you can't list him as a consistent top 5 player. So what exactly makes some of these guys better than Wade? It certainly isn't winning games or any particular statistic. It is YOUR opinion.

Wade is def top 5 to me. After the season he had, it'd be ridiculous to exclude him.

The Mamba
10-12-2006, 02:04 AM
So what? :confusedshrug: I use curse words to describe a lot of things.
As do I. It's the "Hoe-Ass-*****" thing, correct? You know, the one you got on my case about?

I can call you a babbling idiot and be drinking kool-aid and playing madden at the same time, if those are the words that jump at me when reading your typing. They're called descriptors.
Oh, I understand. Which is why I don't understand why you got upset with what I said. Everyone else thought it was funny. I just know that you caught feelings when I said I thought you had Wade's **** glued to your lips. Mis-understanding? Maybe. Or you just being a sensitive *****? Most likely the latter. Either way, go back to drinking kool-aide and playing your video games, son.

And they were in response to your ad hominem
Oohh, Picc went to community college!!!

which started the whole thing. Now if I had typed a long, paragraphed post with insults to you
You certainly tried.

Again, I dont know why you could think I was 'catching feelings'.
Because you responded immedietly in a hostile manner when I said you were Wade's b1tch.

You being a stan and apparently a sensitive biitch are opinions I was stating. The fact I use the words 'stan' and 'biitch' arent in themselves evidence of an emotional rage.
Neither was me stating the clear fact that you love the taste of Dwyane Wade's man juice. Get over it, son. Take your aggression out in your video games.

Thats just an opinion I have. I can disagree with you without condemning you as a human being.
How did I condem you as a human being, picc?

I can also respond to you with descriptive curse words without actually feeling the slightest sliver of emotion or anger
I can call you Dwyane Wade's personal call girl, and I don't have the slightest bit of emotion or disdain for you. Don't take this stuff too seriously, picc.

LakersDynasty
10-12-2006, 02:04 AM
OK that is 100% subjective. What do you use as a basis for who's better? Tmac is better than Wade, but Iverson is only on par with Wade? What are you using to measure this?

A "healthy" TMac? What are we.. throwing random variables in too? Tmac is never healthy, which is part of the reason why you can't list him as a consistent top 5 player. So what exactly makes some of these guys better than Wade? It certainly isn't winning games or any particular statistic. It is YOUR opinion.

Wade is def top 5 to me. After the season he had, it'd be ridiculous to exclude him.
And you saying Wade is top 5 isn't subjective? What exactly makes him better than the players I mentioned? How's he better than Kobe? Duncan? Garnett? Nowitzki? Bron? AI? T-Mac? Of course it is all subjective, you're not providing anything that is objective.

JacobTheButcher
10-12-2006, 02:13 AM
Wade had as good of a year as any player had or can have. I just think it's utterly blasphemous to leave him out of a top 5 list.. While these top 5 lists are all subjective, a guy listing Wade simply has a much better argument. I mean honestly, how can you list TMac as better unless you were in a coma for the entire 2005-06 season. Besides, TMac's a lifelong loser. He has never won anything even worth mentioning. Dirk no-showed for the same Finals that Wade dominated, so how you honestly say he is better? Garnett is in the same boat as TMac. Same with Lebron.

LakersDynasty
10-12-2006, 02:17 AM
Wade had as good of a year as any player had or can have. I just think it's utterly blasphemous to leave him out of a top 5 list.. While these top 5 lists are all subjective, a guy listing Wade simply has a much better argument. I mean honestly, how can you list TMac as better unless you were in a coma for the entire 2005-06 season. Besides, TMac's a lifelong loser. Dirk no-showed for the same Finals that Wade dominated, so how you honestly say he is better? Garnett is in the same boat as TMac. Same with Lebron.
None of those players played with Shaq and 3 refs bailing him out. Individually, how did he have as good a season as Kobe or Lebron? Billups was Finals MVP in 2004, did anyone think he was top 5 or top 10? Now, of course Wade is a better player but just because you have Shaq on your team, play in a weak conference and have refs bailing you out, doesn't make you God.

Sneakerpro
10-12-2006, 02:17 AM
Dude single handedly stopped what was going to the one of the greatest things in my life from happening.

I liked him before. I still kinda like him a little bit. But after the Finals if he some how blew his knee out I wouldn't feel bad.

KingsFan416
10-12-2006, 02:18 AM
eeeeeeeeeeehhhh....Wade's a ok player.

JacobTheButcher
10-12-2006, 02:24 AM
None of those players played with Shaq and 3 refs bailing him out. Individually, how did he have as good a season as Kobe or Lebron? Billups was Finals MVP in 2004, did anyone think he was top 5 or top 10? Now, of course Wade is a better player but just because you have Shaq on your team, play in a weak conference and have refs bailing you out, doesn't make you God.

Lebron and Kobe certainly had as good of a season as Wade did last year, but who said I would've left either of those guys out of my own top 5? They're both there.

If you knew Billups was the exception and not the rule, why'd you bring it up anyway?!

I see you're one of the many conspiracy theorists here at ISH. Most Mavs fans and Anti-Shaq Laker fans are. Look.. everyone is entitled to their opinion. You watched the Finals. I watched the Finals. You think Wade got unjust calls. I think he earned every damn one of them (except for the one call that decided game 5; that was pretty phantom). We'll agree to disagree.

LakersDynasty
10-12-2006, 02:26 AM
Lebron and Kobe certainly had as good of a season as Wade did last year, but who said I would've left either of those guys out of my own top 5? They're both there.

If you knew Billups was the exception and not the rule, why'd you bring it up anyway?!

I see you're one of the many conspiracy theorists here at ISH. Most Mavs fans and Anti-Shaq Laker fans are. Look.. everyone is entitled to their opinion. You watched the Finals. I watched the Finals. You think Wade got unjust calls. I think he earned every damn one of them (except for the one call that decided game 5; that was pretty phantom). We'll agree to disagree.
I can live with that. :cheers:

Fatal9
10-12-2006, 02:31 AM
Hate him, though I really try hard not to. Just when I find a redeeming quality, he (or media/refs) does something annoying...whether it's another publicized injury or an MJ comparison; just digusts me. I mean shooting 25 -unwarranted- freethrows in a finals game? That was what solidified my hate.

poorlilrich
10-12-2006, 02:31 AM
wade is a short **** who cant shoot and cant guard anyone
here is how he gets his stats
points- FTs, referees give him too many calls
rebounds- he goes for every defensive rebound, even pushes out the big men
assists- dumps it off to shaq, or throw alleyoop, never drives and dish to the open shooter
steals- gambles on the defense too much, sometimes he gets the steal and most of the time he ****s with the rotation and one man is open
fg%- fastbreak dunks(never passes on fastbreaks), and other stuff around the hoop

imagine ray allen on a team with shaq, he would dominate
wade is a little better than guys like redd, richardson, bibby... but hes clearly behind guys like ray allen, tmac, carter...

El Kabong
10-12-2006, 02:33 AM
Wade's OK, he kinda pee'd me off during the Finals, but that was only because I wanted the Mavs to win.

JacobTheButcher
10-12-2006, 02:45 AM
Hate him, though I really try hard not to. Just when I find a redeeming quality, he (or media/refs) does something annoying...whether it's another publicized injury or an MJ comparison; just digusts me. I mean shooting 25 -unwarranted- freethrows in a finals game? That was what solidified my hate.

You're directing the hate at the wrong person. Hate the refs if you want, but Wade isn't the one making the calls.

picc84
10-12-2006, 04:01 AM
rebounds- he goes for every defensive rebound, even pushes out the big men

Isn't that what you're supposed to do? :confusedshrug:

JoeHova
10-12-2006, 04:24 AM
Like him or hate him? Dwanye Wade.

I like him.

MaxFly
10-12-2006, 06:45 AM
D. Wade is great. Dude is unbelieveable relentless and you can tell that he wants be become even better. He's also a great play maker and rebounder. I look forward to watching him play this season. I really don't see the arrogance that others are saying he exhibits. If anything, I've repeatedly heard about how humble he is.

geeWiz15
10-12-2006, 06:51 AM
3. Super decision making
what is wrong with Wade's decision making? his bball IQ and presence on the court is Kidd-like. his instinct of when to score, when to pass, when to go for the block/steal, when not to, etc is extremely high.

HALLandOATES
10-12-2006, 07:01 AM
TMOGE quit being a bltch. Just because he didnt have any memorable plays doesnt mean he odesnt deserve it. Damn the finals ending last season and you are still trying to drag this dogcrap out.

I hate the way he doesn't try to make the shot but just tries to get free throws and not an And 1.It kills you doesn't ? That Wade is the only player good enough to do that. Not even Kobe nor your man Tmac can do that

I hate the way he limps on defense like he's so hurt but will stick it out cause he's a warrior but then next offensive possesion will blast to the rim throwing the ball up and flailing his arms trying to draw a foul like he's 110% healthy.Hey hes got some tricks in his books. Jordan would do the same type of things. Jordan would play soft on offense then all of a sudden just explode and you would think why hasn't he done this the whole game?

I hate the way he expects a foul on EVERYTHING and will complain to the refs even yelling at them even though he gets the most shoddy calls called for him of every player ever.He complains? Since when? Maybe a little but not more then the avg. NBA player.

And finally, I hate the way he's become the complete opposite of everything I liked him for.Whats that? Third to Kobe and Tmac? Hes getting mentioned with the elites and that just kills you? Hater , Im going to start calling you Yinka Dare Jr.

The finals was the last straw. I could have taken it if he beat the Mavs on great and memorable play, but he didn't play THAT well and had no memorable plays and instead won a championship on questionable foul calls. Who wins finals on questionable free throws instead of memorable plays? Most of the games were decided by Wade free throws at the end.Ok this has been so many times its like beating a dead horse and then plssing on it. Stop just stop .

3. Super decision making

Who said that? Man oh man someone hasnt watched enough NBA .

gpfanz
10-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Y hate Wade?? Its not his fault he gets the star treatment hes getting now?! :confused:

Darius
10-12-2006, 09:07 AM
I don't hate him but I think I have a vague dislike.

The way he always stays down court to argue with the ref for not calling a foul (how he can ever complain to a ref is beyond me) while his man goes down the other end and scores shows a def. selfish arrogance.

heavensdevil
10-12-2006, 09:19 AM
Hate him, for all of TMOGE's reasons.:applause:

Knoe Itawl
10-12-2006, 11:17 AM
One of my top 3 favorite players in the league.

Rasheed1
10-12-2006, 11:21 AM
like him... he is a fantastic basketball player...

You could see a legend being born this past summer....when his career is over, all the videos and books will look back to 2006 Finals and re-tell the story of how he won his first title....

Prezwoodz
10-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Nothing not to like about the champion.

Never say die attitude on the court.
Ability to Lead his team
Not as gifted as some others but performs at a superior level.

cks9505
10-12-2006, 01:26 PM
I like Wade, but I dont think he's as good as the hype machine around him. He's a good player on the break, and he could prolly average 20 off that alone. I also think he has good court vision. But, he carries as bad as anyone in the league which allows him to get to the hole easier, and his jump shot is inconsistent (It was on during the playoffs tho, u gotta give him that). i think wade was exposed during the world championships for his deficiencies in the half court. Based on his shot selection, it seems as if he is believing his own hype.

Carbine
10-12-2006, 01:35 PM
I like Wade, but I dont think he's as good as the hype machine around him. He's a good player on the break, and he could prolly average 20 off that alone

Yeah, and the whole Suns team averages less than 15 fast break points per game. You know, the team who runs like there is no such thing as fatigue. :rolleyes:

No way Wade even averages 10, let alone 20 fast break points.

HALLandOATES
10-12-2006, 01:40 PM
I watched damn near every Miami game last year and this man has one of the best jump shots in the NBA today.I didnt watch as much of the US as I should of this year but this man has a legit jump shot. Playoffs though? I can't remember him being inconsistent.Remind me.

Yeah, and the whole Suns team averages less than 15 fast break points per game. You know, the team who runs like there is no such thing as fatigue.

No way Wade even averages 10, let alone 20 fast break points.

I think he meant layups and dunks through traffic not open court points.

Carbine
10-12-2006, 01:45 PM
He's a good player on the break, and he could prolly average 20 off that alone

If he meant what you think, that's a funny way of putting it.

HALLandOATES
10-12-2006, 01:47 PM
I dont think anyone is that dumb to think someone gets more fast break points then the Suns but maybe I'm wrong and the guy is a complete retard or maybe I'm just fauking stupid for saying it in the first place. :banana:

Younggrease
10-12-2006, 01:50 PM
I watched damn near every Miami game last year and this man has one of the best jump shots in the NBA today.I didnt watch as much of the US as I should of this year but this man has a legit jump shot. Playoffs though? I can't remember him being inconsistent.Remind me.

I think he meant layups and dunks through traffic not open court points.

Wade has one of the best jump shots in the NBA???? Does that mean top 10????20????30???? because I can name 50 players with better jumpers than Wade, maybe more. Ill start

RIP
Kobe
TMAc
Pierce
Melo
JOe Johnson
Redd
Ray Allen
Rashard Lewis
Billups
NAsh
Dirk
JAson Terry
Mike Bibby
Sam Cassel
Ginobili
Hinrich
Ben Gordon
Mike JAmes

thats 20 off the top of my head, there are many more but i didnt want to include specialists(besides Redd)

So how can wade have a top jumpshot when so many people are clearly better than him????

Rasheed1
10-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Wade shot 49 % last year.... 48% for his career so far...

:confusedshrug:

I see no issue with his shooting... people on this board are actually clueless enough to attempt to criticize the guy for getting alot of lay-ups and dunks..

:confused:

those are the shots that have greates potential to go in every time you shoot them....why would alot of lay-ups and dunks be a negative?

Knoe Itawl
10-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Wade shot 49 % last year.... 48% for his career so far...

I see no issue with his shooting... people on this board are actually clueless enough to attempt to criticize the guy for getting alot of lay-ups and dunks..

:confused:

those are the shots that have greates potential to go in every time you shoot them....why would alot of lay-ups and dunks be a negative?

Well said. It's like the idiots who criticized Shaq for not having more finesse moves. Who cares about that shyt when you can dunk it it much of the time?

Ever heard of the term "high percentage shot"? What's more of a high percentage shot than a layup? If you can get to the rim easily you'd be a fool to try to stay outside shooting jumpers. For what? To impress some dummies that don't know basketball 101?

Seriously, that kind of thing really displays of lack of knowledge about the sport.

eliteballer
10-12-2006, 03:16 PM
he carries as bad as anyone in the league which allows him to get to the hole easier

Yeah, been saying that all along:applause:

Knoe Itawl
10-12-2006, 03:27 PM
It's actually a flat out lie that Wade doesn't have a solid jumper. he doesn't have great range but his mid range jumper is as good as anybody's.

And in the playoffs he showed a vastly improved three point shot.

I hate it when people just repeat things instead of actually looking at the facts.

Kblaze8855
10-12-2006, 03:29 PM
I dont get the shooting thing either. What Wade isnt is a long range shooter(he has the range just knows it isnt the best shot). He can shoot from 18-15 just fine. And yes dunks and layups are good. They are the best shots anyone can take. If you had a game to win and would rather your best player get an open 20 footer or an open layup/dunk youre just stupid. Flat out stupid. Basically everything becomes more effective the closer to the basket you are.

Id take a 10 footer over a 20 and not just because its an easier shot to make. You drive to the basket it takes more to stop you from scoring than it does to stop a shooter. More you slash the more help d is needed to stop you and the easier it is on your teammates. Thats how the Shaqs, Duncan, and so on make it easier for teammates.

Guy like Wade gets by his man and goes to the basket hes either gonna be doubled and get someone open or hes gonna be allowed to get to the rim and score. Its how slashers have worked.....forever. You get closer to the basket good things happen because youre harder to defend the easier your shot is to make.

Its just common sense to try to get a layup every time. Easier shot. More contact which draws fouls. More defensive help which in turn helps teammates and those teammates coming through also makes the D hesitate to double next time. Which makes the layups even easier.

Its basic ****. You have a lane to the basket you take it. If you can get by your man you do it because it helps the team as a whole and helps you take an easier shot. The fact that anyone thinks its a negative or somehow less impressive to take more good shots than most people is absurd.

RidonKs
10-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Ever heard of the term "high percentage shot"? What's more of a high percentage shot than a layup? If you can get to the rim easily you'd be a fool to try to stay outside shooting jumpers. For what? To impress some dummies that don't know basketball 101?

Good point. You should tell that to Nexus the next time he tries to critisize Tony Parker for getting to the basket with ease, making very tough layups, and shooting 55% while he's at it.

IlliniFan
10-12-2006, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE=Se

HALLandOATES
10-12-2006, 03:51 PM
Wade has one of the best jump shots in the NBA???? Does that mean top 10????20????30???? because I can name 50 players with better jumpers than Wade, maybe more. Ill start

RIP
Kobe
TMAc
Pierce
Melo
JOe Johnson
Redd
Ray Allen
Rashard Lewis
Billups
NAsh
Dirk
JAson Terry
Mike Bibby
Sam Cassel
Ginobili
Hinrich
Ben Gordon
Mike JAmes

thats 20 off the top of my head, there are many more but i didnt want to include specialists(besides Redd)

So how can wade have a top jumpshot when so many people are clearly better than him????

Good points by Rasheed, Blaze, Know.

Well seems as if someone hasn't watched enough of Wade. Lets define jump shot K? Outside the free throw but inside the 3 point line. Now Wades Jump shot is clealry better then 3/4's the people on that list. I know the " Hate wade because he can't shoot because hating wade because he gets 99% of the refs calls wore out club " is the new thing but watch a few Heat games besides the ones where they play your home team and you will see.

SmokyMcNasty
10-12-2006, 04:05 PM
What's there to hate about Dwyane Wade? Not only is he one of the most exciting players in the league to watch, dude's a genuinely good guy. Among professional athletes, you have so many wife-beaters, your drunk drivers, numerous steroid/drug abusers and cheaters, and you hate Wade because.. uhm... Sportscenter shows him too much?? :confused: and the refs blowing the whistle too much is supposed to be his fault? Those are your reasons for hating a player? Pretty pathetic. Wade goes to the hole more so than any other player, yet people are suprised that he goes to the line?

Whatever

picc84
10-12-2006, 04:10 PM

Well seems as if someone hasn't watched enough of Wade. Lets define jump shot K? Outside the free throw but inside the 3 point line. Now Wades Jump shot is clealry better then 3/4's the people on that list. I know the " Hate wade because he can't shoot because hating wade because he gets 99% of the refs calls wore out club " is the new thing but watch a few Heat games besides the ones where they play your home team and you will see.

3/4? Which ones? Only obvious ones I see are Hinrich, Terry, Mike James, and Gordon.

Xplicit
10-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Wade is a winner, plain and simple. He's won on every level he's played at. I already told yall. Success breeds hate. When you're at the top of the mountain, there's always people that want to knock your ass off. Jordan was the most beloved athlete in America, but there were always fans that despised him (Knicks fans mostly!). Kobe won 3 rings and you've all seen the result of that. Now it's simply Wade's turn to welcome in the hate.

HALLandOATES
10-12-2006, 04:20 PM
3/4? Which ones? Only obvious ones I see are Hinrich, Terry, Mike James, and Gordon.We are not talking about 3 pointers bub. Really why has Wade jumper all of a sudden been questioned? Throughout the reg. season everyone said Lebron were equal in every aspect besides 3's but not people are harping on Wades Jumper.......

The Mamba
10-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Wade definetely knows HOW to play the game. If you question that, you lack a serious knowledge about basketball. Getting to the rim makes the game easier for everyone, as previously stated. It is basically the object of the game. To get the easiest, or highest percentage shot that you can get.

The issue I have with Wade, is the lack of improvement on weaknesses he has had since when he first came into the league. Jump shoting IS one of them. By saying one wants Wade to be a better jump shooter, doesn't mean you want him to shoot jumpers all game, and completely ignore his relentless driving ability. It means, you want him to be able to have something to fall back on, that is now a strength, and something defenders have to respect. It would make him completely un-guardable. If you watched the World Championships, he was getting mid-range to long-range jumpers because everyone packed the lane. His overwhelming talent, was negated by this defensive tactic. It make him look one dimensional. If he was as good of a jump shooter as some of you advertise, he wouldn't have had such a difficult time knocking down mid-range or the shorter international three-point shot. His jumper comes and goes, which means he isn't that great of a shooter. Did MJ's mid-range game just come and go? Of course not, it was consistent. His streaky-ness can be seen by his three-point shooting percentage in the playoffs, compared to the atrocious 3-point field goal percentage he had during the 82 game season.

No one is saying he should go all Vince Carter, learn how to shoot a reliable mid to long range jumpers, and leave his driving game in the backseat ... fans just want him to improve on his weaknesses, the way all great players do. Is he working on his defense in the off-season? Is he working on his jump-shooting? These are issues to his game that NEED to be addressed. If he gets a steady, reliable, consistent jumper, with good range ... he'll be the undisputed best guard in the league. I think the lack of a strong jumper is one of the reasons he has yet to cross the 50 point barrier yet. You'd think with that relentless and fearless driving ability, he would have broke 50 by now. If he adds a consistent jumper, it is over for the competition. Let alone, if he gets a jumper he can rely on, he can extend his career and be able to re-invent himself if he gets hurt, or when he starts to lose some of his explosivness.

Kblaze8855
10-12-2006, 04:30 PM
The issue I have with Wade, is the lack of improvement on weaknesses he has had since when he first came into the league. Jump shoting IS one of them.

If you dont think Wade is an improved shooter from his rookie year either you didnt watch his rookie year or you didnt watch him last year.

The Mamba
10-12-2006, 04:33 PM
If you dont think Wade is an improved shooter from his rookie year either you didnt watch his rookie year or you didnt watch him last year.
I've watched Dwyane Wade since H.S., bud. Even have got to play with him before. Has it improved? Slightly. But not near enough to where it SHOULD be... or COULD be. Hell, I'd go out and say LeBron improved his jump shot more from his senior year of High School, till now, compared to Dwyane Wade from college till now.

BFRESH44
10-12-2006, 04:34 PM
LMAO Wade's jumpshot has improved EVERY year he's been in the league.

picc84
10-12-2006, 04:36 PM
We are not talking about 3 pointers bub. Really why has Wade jumper all of a sudden been questioned? Throughout the reg. season everyone said Lebron were equal in every aspect besides 3's but not people are harping on Wades Jumper.......

I know its not about 3's. But most of the guys listed have jumpers equal to or better than Wade's. Mid to long range jumpers. Besides the guys I listed. With probably Ginobli and JoeJ added to the list.

Younggrease
10-12-2006, 04:51 PM

3/4 ???? which ones???im curious. because these guys are a given

RIP
Kobe
TMAc
Pierce
Melo
JOe Johnson
Redd
Ray Allen
Billups
NAsh
Dirk
JAson Terry
Mike Bibby
Sam Cassel

its not really even arguable

HALLandOATES
10-12-2006, 05:37 PM
3/4 ???? which ones???im curious. because these guys are a given

RIP
Kobe
TMAc
Pierce
Melo
JOe Johnson
Redd
Ray Allen
Billups
NAsh
Dirk
JAson Terry
Mike Bibby
Sam Cassel

its not really even arguable
I can argue Wades midrange game is better is more reliable then half those guys, hell watch Wade through a whole season. He is better then 85% of the league in the midrange game and probaly better.

HALLandOATES
10-12-2006, 05:42 PM
Wade definetely knows HOW to play the game. If you question that, you lack a serious knowledge about basketball. Getting to the rim makes the game easier for everyone, as previously stated. It is basically the object of the game. To get the easiest, or highest percentage shot that you can get.

The issue I have with Wade, is the lack of improvement on weaknesses he has had since when he first came into the league. Jump shoting IS one of them. By saying one wants Wade to be a better jump shooter, doesn't mean you want him to shoot jumpers all game, and completely ignore his relentless driving ability. It means, you want him to be able to have something to fall back on, that is now a strength, and something defenders have to respect. It would make him completely un-guardable. If you watched the World Championships, he was getting mid-range to long-range jumpers because everyone packed the lane. His overwhelming talent, was negated by this defensive tactic. It make him look one dimensional. If he was as good of a jump shooter as some of you advertise, he wouldn't have had such a difficult time knocking down mid-range or the shorter international three-point shot. His jumper comes and goes, which means he isn't that great of a shooter. Did MJ's mid-range game just come and go? Of course not, it was consistent. His streaky-ness can be seen by his three-point shooting percentage in the playoffs, compared to the atrocious 3-point field goal percentage he had during the 82 game season.

No one is saying he should go all Vince Carter, learn how to shoot a reliable mid to long range jumpers, and leave his driving game in the backseat ... fans just want him to improve on his weaknesses, the way all great players do. Is he working on his defense in the off-season? Is he working on his jump-shooting? These are issues to his game that NEED to be addressed. If he gets a steady, reliable, consistent jumper, with good range ... he'll be the undisputed best guard in the league. I think the lack of a strong jumper is one of the reasons he has yet to cross the 50 point barrier yet. You'd think with that relentless and fearless driving ability, he would have broke 50 by now. If he adds a consistent jumper, it is over for the competition. Let alone, if he gets a jumper he can rely on, he can extend his career and be able to re-invent himself if he gets hurt, or when he starts to lose some of his explosivness.

Watch more of Wade is all i can tell you, to actually understand his game. He has improved drastically on his weaknesses you claim he has. First it was his jumper he improved a great deal now its his 3 that he has started to improve .

eliteballer
10-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Sorry boys, Wade shoots 39% on his jumpers:

http://www.82games.com/0506/05MIA4A.HTM

HALLandOATES
10-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Sorry boys, Wade shoots 39% on his jumpers:

http://www.82games.com/0506/05MIA4A.HTM

Stats don't tell the whole story. That chart includes shots right infront of the 3 point line and a couple feet in front, which is not midrange and we've already established he isn't a perfect long range/3 point shooter 5 years ago.

The Mamba
10-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Stats don't tell the whole story. That chart includes shots right infront of the 3 point line and a couple feet in front, which is not midrange and we've already established he isn't a perfect long range/3 point shooter 5 years ago.
No, those stats do tell the story. They are stats, are they not?

HALLandOATES
10-12-2006, 05:54 PM
Stop trying to argue that his midrange isn't as good as most in the league. Heat fans, and the more intelligent people around here know of this. People that haven't watched him game to game wouldn't know because they don't show his jumpers in the high light reel or they just watched the Finals.

eliteballer
10-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Go find the nba.com shot charts of players last season that they released earlier this summer. Go ahead.

junkifunki
10-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Wade's jumper is fine, but it is definitely at a level below the Kobe's and Tmac's of the league.

The Mamba
10-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Watch more of Wade is all i can tell you
I watch plenty of Wade. Probably more than I do Kobe, seeing as how I get more Wade games in my area.

to actually understand his game.
I just described his game, verbatim.

He has improved drastically on his weaknesses you claim he has.
Oh it is a weakness. I'm not the only one who claims it as so. People in the NBA claim it as a weakness as well. Has it improved? Yes. Byt definetely not drastically. It still has long ways to go. He is very streaky. See the difference in his mid-range game from June, to August in the World Championship. The basket is still 10 feet tall, same distance from the rim ... he couldn't hit for the life of him. Inconsistency means he hasn't got it all the way down yet. There is no shame in admitting this. When he does get it locked down, he will be the greatest player in the game. Well that and working on his defense.

First it was his jumper he improved a great deal now its his 3 that he has started to improve .
Prove it. How can you prove it has improved THAT MUCH. Has it gotten slightly better? Yes. It still need ways to go to be a weapon, as opposed to a streaky threat.

HALLandOATES
10-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Go find the nba.com shot charts of players last season that they released earlier this summer. Go ahead.
Compared to Kobe/Tracy/Allen he isn't up there with them with his total. His total probaly is around 40% on nba.com to and Tracy/Kobes would be 45-46%, but you only have around 15-20 guys in the league with a better one them him with the ratio of him shooting as much and making. I don't know why i'm even explaining this because if you watched you would automatically know.

BFRESH44
10-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Dwyane Wade is not a great jumpshooter and does not have much range.
(although he's improved every year he's been in the professional game thus far and will continue to do so, let's remember this a dude who is only entering his 4th year)

So what?

You can't name 5 more efficient high volume scoring perimeter players in this league.

How many perimeter/shooting guard type players avg 27-28 points and shoot 50% from the field?

It's funny how ya'll dudes are trying to pinpoint a particular deficiency, trying to discredit his game but are not looking at the big picture. The dude is gamer and gets it DONE despite his inconsistent jumper.

He has his flaws like any other player...So what's the point? It seems as if you dudes are just trying too hard to find something to critique.

Tex Winter on Dwyane Wade: “I think he’s shown at a very early stage that he’s one of the top guards in basketball history,” Winter said. “He’s got all that talent, but what I really like about him is that he’s one of the most efficient guards to ever play the game.”

HALLandOATES
10-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Dwyane Wade is not a great jumpshooter and does not have much range.
(although he's improved every year he's been in the professional game thus far and will continue to do so, let's remember this a dude who is only entering his 4th year)

So what?

You can't name 5 more efficient high volume scoring perimeter players in this league.

How many players avg 27-28 points and shoot 50% from the field?

Ya'll dudes are trying to pinpoint a deficiency trying to discredit his game but are not looking at the big picture. The dude is gamer and gets it DONE.

Period.

He has his flaws like any other player...So what's the point?
Its hard to explain and make anyone understand that doesn't watch him on a consistent basis I guess. I just don't see how you could argue this if you watched him. USA basketball,and the Finals he was below average or poor but besides that you can't argue.

Younggrease
10-12-2006, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=BFRESH44]Dwyane Wade is not a great jumpshooter and does not have much range.

So what?

How many perimeter/shooting guard players avg 27-28 points and shoot 50% from the field?

It's funny how ya'll dudes are trying to pinpoint a particular deficiency, trying to discredit his game but are not looking at the big picture. The dude is gamer and gets it DONE despite his inconsistent jumper.

He has his flaws like any other player...So what's the point?

Tex Winter on Dwyane Wade: [I][B]

HALLandOATES
10-12-2006, 06:21 PM
No one is saying he isnt great but someone said he is a top jumpshooter and thats just wrong. That is an insult to jumpshooters in the game of bball. ITs an insult to RIP, Ray Allen, Redd, Bibby, Kobe, TMAC, Terry, Billups, VC etc. because they are 2 levels or so ahead of him. Wade is elite at a lot of things but shooting is not one of them, especiallt stand still shooting.
I mean top meaning in the top 10-15%, so he could be a the bottom of the top 20 but he is better then most of the league meaning as a whole.

The Mamba
10-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Exactly. We know Wade is a great guard. That doesn't mean he is a top tier shooter. Because he isn't.

Younggrease
10-12-2006, 06:25 PM
I mean top meaning in the top 10-15%, so he could be a the bottom of the top 20 but he is better then most of the league meaning as a whole.

that means absolutely nothing, being top 10-15%. I guess that means he has a top 50 jumper for a guard. Seeing as though he is a shooting guard thats not elite. And if he was an elite jumpshooter what happened when it mattered v. Greece

HALLandOATES
10-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Exactly. We know Wade is a great guard. That doesn't mean he is a top tier shooter. Because he isn't.

If there was 20 tiers in the NBA for midrange shooting, he would be in the 2nd tier if i had to make a bracket. So I agree. Can we drop his midrange game now.

The Mamba
10-12-2006, 06:29 PM
:pimp:
If there was 20 tiers in the NBA for midrange shooting, he would be in the 2nd tier if i had to make a bracket. So I agree. Can we drop his midrange game now.
Yes. I can't wait till he actually is good at mid-range and long-range bombs. He will be untouchable when that goes down.

HALLandOATES
10-12-2006, 06:30 PM
that means absolutely nothing, being top 10-15%. I guess that means he has a top 50 jumper for a guard. Seeing as though he is a shooting guard thats not elite. And if he was an elite jumpshooter what happened when it mattered v. Greece
Ok forget i said that, read post above for a better way of putting in my opinion.

USA basketball it was dead but he didn't shot it all that much and think about how it takes guys a couple of months sometimes to get there groove back.I really have no explaination for that because it was conssitently there all the way throught the Finals and slipped off a bit from there USA bball.

Younggrease
10-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Ok forget i said that, read post above for a better way of putting in my opinion.

USA basketball it was dead but he didn't shot it all that much and think about how it takes guys a couple of months sometimes to get there groove back.I really have no explaination for that because it was conssitently there all the way throught the Finals and slipped off a bit from there USA bball.

This is why Wade didnt shoot as good in the Worlds, instead of having the balll in his hands and creating using pull ups and step backs he was getting standstill, catch and shot shots. Wade is a rhythm shooter and NEEDS those dribbles or he turns into a horrible shooter.

picc84
10-12-2006, 07:01 PM
He's not great at shooting jumpers with guys draped over him like tmac/kobe, but off of screens, stepbacks, crossovers, etc. he's lethal from midrange. Even got a bankshot going.

funkylikemonkey
10-12-2006, 07:05 PM
http://drunkathletes.synergyofsports.com/images/11270-16549/wade.jpg

MaxFly
10-12-2006, 08:22 PM
http://drunkathletes.synergyofsports.com/images/11270-16549/wade.jpg

Wow...

305Baller
10-12-2006, 10:27 PM
Wade is a great player because:

1. He is a winner, he hits clutch shots when his team needs them. Mavs fans might remember him making some floating bankers in the clutch.

2. He plays hard and penetrates relentlessely, he doesnt settle for jumpers.

3. He plays with passion, he gets into the game and wants to win, he doesnt quit.

4. He doesnt have an agenda to be THE MAN (but he is the man anyways)

5. He has great ball control, improving range and makes the fastest cuts in the league.

6. Has a cool, original number (3)...and not the boring typical 32, 23, 42 type ish.

7.He brought a championship to my city. MIA

I love this guy.

EDIT: I forgot to add, hes an excellent passer with great court-vision.

Rasheed1
10-13-2006, 09:50 AM
All I can say to those who insist on calling him a poor shooter is : 50%...

50% from the field....

for all the so-called great shooters who are supposedly superior to Wade, how many of those 'specialists' are shooting 50% from the field?.. How many have shot 48% or better for their careers?

I'd rather have a player like Wade who can drain 50% of his shots than some 'specialist' who will stand out beyond the arc way out there shooting 3s and barely shooting 45%.....

so that long of guys who can supposedly shoot better than wade? yeah, that list is bullsh*t....

KWALI
10-13-2006, 10:16 AM

How can you respect Dirk then?

TMacsOneGoodEye
10-13-2006, 10:21 AM
After his finals appearance, I don't. The and1 against San Antonio erased everything I had about him going up soft, then he played soft.

With that said......

Dirks non championship season > Wades handed to championship by the refs with no memorable plays and winning it on free throws.

JohnnyBravo5
10-13-2006, 10:25 AM
Unfortuately Wade will be the second best 2 in the SE division this year. JJ Baby!!!!!!!!!

Knoe Itawl
10-13-2006, 10:27 AM
After his finals appearance, I don't. The and1 against San Antonio erased everything I had about him going up soft, then he played soft.

With that said......

Dirks non championship season > Wades handed to championship by the refs with no memorable plays and winning it on free throws.

You can keep saying this over and over again but only (some) Dallas fans actually believe it, and Kobe groupies.

Check Miles Berg for a reasonable Dallas fan who actually knows something about the sport.

TMacsOneGoodEye
10-13-2006, 10:35 AM
You can keep saying this over and over again but only (some) Dallas fans actually believe it, and Kobe groupies.

Check Miles Berg for a reasonable Dallas fan who actually knows something about the sport.

Who? YOU? You're the only Kobe groupie I see on this site the last 5 months.

Real Men Wear Green
10-13-2006, 10:41 AM
By that logic you must be a Wade Groupie. Your attacks on him and his game are universally irrelevent, realy the worst kind of bitter ref whining. Like saying Wade didn't play great in the Finals after he averaged something like 36 points. It's just stupid. At least when Knoe criticizes Bryant he'll point to a bad performance (like the series vs. Detroit). You are trying to prove that he played badly after he won Finals MVP. Waste of your own time, really.

Knoe Itawl
10-13-2006, 10:57 AM
Real Men already pointed out your blatant hypocrisy. All you've done for months is whine about Wade in the Finals, yet somehow you're not a groupie using your logic about me.

Honestly, I never paid much attention to you before, but for some reason I thought you were reasonably smart. Now that you've taken to having some kind of grudge against me, and thus I notice your posts more, you really are a moron.

I can promise one thing, though. If Bryant ever leads a team to the title the way Wade did you won't catch me whining about the refs. Unless the refs came out rocking Lakers jerseys and fouling out the starting lineup in the first quarter or something extreme like that you sound like an idiot moaning about it.

It makes sense though, really. TMac knows jack shyt about basketball, and only comes here to whine about Wade and try to bait people into flamewars so he doesn't understand things like blowing a chance to go up 3-0 or dropping 4 games in a row, or players shooting jumpers instead of attacking the rim and that kind of thing.

So he takes the idiot's approach: "Duh, da refs, duh duh it was da refs, duh those refs suck, duh the refs"

picc84
10-13-2006, 12:37 PM
The mavs choked but acting like the refs had no hand in the wins and influencing the games is just stupid. Or is my opinion invalidated because im a kobe bryant fan, even though I like Wade and have been called wade groupie before. :rolleyes:

Hawker
10-13-2006, 12:39 PM
I :wtf: hate:banana: dwyane :confusedshrug: wade:no:

Rasheed1
10-13-2006, 12:51 PM
The mavs choked but acting like the refs had no hand in the wins and influencing the games is just stupid. Or is my opinion invalidated because im a kobe bryant fan, even though I like Wade and have been called wade groupie before

yeah the refs probably made some bad calls, but that happens in all games.... so why harp on it, when its part of the NBA and all sports?

saying the refs 'had a hand in the wins' is disingenuous because the refs also gave the Mavs free throws right before they gave Wade free throws..The mavs (josh Howard) missed theirs and Wade made his...

the fact that people keep trying to bring the refs into the equation when the 2006 finals are talked about is bitter loser talk.....Mavs had chances to win regardless of whatever the refs did and they blew it....the end..

picc84
10-13-2006, 02:30 PM
yeah the refs probably made some bad calls, but that happens in all games.... so why harp on it, when its part of the NBA and all sports?

Made some bad calls? Downplaying through understatement if I ever heard it.

saying the refs 'had a hand in the wins' is disingenuous because the refs also gave the Mavs free throws right before they gave Wade free throws..The mavs (josh Howard) missed theirs and Wade made his...

Yeah, i agreed they choked. But if the refs hadnt influenced things to the degree they did and called things anywhere near fairly, the mavs wouldnt have had a chance to choke in the first place.

Knoe Itawl
10-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Made some bad calls? Downplaying through understatement if I ever heard it.

Yeah, i agreed they choked. But if the refs hadnt influenced things to the degree they did and called things anywhere near fairly, the mavs wouldnt have had a chance to choke in the first place.

There is your occassional person that doesn't fit this bill but OVERWHELMINGLY the bulk of the complaints about the reffing I've seen has come from Dallas fans (some) and Bryant fanatics.

I wonder why that is?

joe lucky
10-13-2006, 02:40 PM
I couldn't bear watching alot of those Finals games it was like every possession ended with free throws. I think all players have taken the hint and will start playing more aggressively on the offensive end. I mean if thats the way they are going to call games I don't fault the players for taking advantage of that. Just adjust your game.

Rasheed1
10-13-2006, 02:42 PM
you keep saying 'they choked, but' when there is no 'but'...

you say im understating when in reality you are overstating it.. the fact is, the foul called on wade at the end of that game really was a foul..

people like to say that the refs shouldnt made any calls that late in the game, but they did...... and it was a foul... Whining about only leads people to whine all the calls that were missed for their teams (Spurs, Rockets fans, Kings fans).... this ref stuff is not new and everyone knows that you will have times when the refs dont make the calls the way you think they should, but the real blame lies with the team who lets themselves be put in a position to have a call ruin the game for them...

people on here pretending that Wade was "given" the trophy are sad sacks of sh*t who cant admit that the Mavs lost fair & square...not the refs fault..

ManUtd
10-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Wade = refs creation

picc84
10-13-2006, 08:33 PM
There is your occassional person that doesn't fit this bill but OVERWHELMINGLY the bulk of the complaints about the reffing I've seen has come from Dallas fans (some) and Bryant fanatics.

I wonder why that is?

Almost everyone I know thought the finals were a crock. I dont know any Dallas fans. I know few Laker fans. There were countless people writing into espn and slam magazine about the finals. Seems like you're wrong.

picc84
10-13-2006, 08:34 PM
you keep saying 'they choked, but' when there is no 'but'...

you say im understating when in reality you are overstating it.. the fact is, the foul called on wade at the end of that game really was a foul..

people like to say that the refs shouldnt made any calls that late in the game, but they did...... and it was a foul... Whining about only leads people to whine all the calls that were missed for their teams (Spurs, Rockets fans, Kings fans).... this ref stuff is not new and everyone knows that you will have times when the refs dont make the calls the way you think they should, but the real blame lies with the team who lets themselves be put in a position to have a call ruin the game for them...

people on here pretending that Wade was "given" the trophy are sad sacks of sh*t who cant admit that the Mavs lost fair & square...not the refs fault..

Sure. I think we're done here.

HALLandOATES
10-15-2006, 06:23 AM

Sure Dirk had a great season but Wade getting the ring and being a superstar makes his better. Not only that look how many more shots Wade put up then Dirk. Even with getting all those free throws, which maybe was a record amount...he was still able to get off 139 shots which is 39 more then Dirk and he shot a better percent. The man showed his endurance abilties there ! Lets just say he shot no free throws, right there is one feature why Wade deserved the title. Dirk had just as much help from his as Wade to. I mean Terry was the main guy alot of nights because Dirk couldn't step up to the plate. Doesn't a real superstar do that.

Oh yea where are Dirks memorable plays Btw? I don't remember Wades but I do remember he had some amazing shots. Duncan didn't have any amazing plays so why does having amazing plays have to do with anything besides you trying to discredit Wade? Come on man the facts are here.

Dirk Wade
4-14 11-25
8-16 6-19
9-20 14-26
2-14 13-23
8-16 11-28
10-22 10-18

Total=
Dirk 41-100 =41pct
Wade 65-139=47pct

stridge
10-15-2010, 03:24 AM

:applause: