PDA

View Full Version : Top 50 NBA players of all time (SLAM Magazine can suck it)

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 06:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXcLxbTg9kc
(1-20)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvGlksx1Nn4
(21-50)

Link to one of my websites with the list:
http://www.hoopsfans101.netau.net/1_10_The-top-50-NBA-Players-of-all-time.html

Breakdown of players 1-25: http://www.hoopsfans101.netau.net/1_13_Top-25-all-time-players.html
Breakdown of players 26-50: http://www.hoopsfans101.netau.net/1_14_All-time-players-26-50-.html

Over 30 years of research and knowledge goes into this. I worked on my list for over a year.

Actual list:
1 Michael Jordan
2 Kareem Abdul Jabbar
3 Wilt Chamberlain
4 Magic Johnson
5 Larry Bird
6 Bill Russell
7 Hakem Olajuwon
8 Oscar Robertson
9 Shaquille O'Neal
10 Tim Duncan
11 Karl Malone
12 Moses Malone
13 Jerry West
14 Bob Pettit
15 Charles Barkley
16 David Robinson
17 Kevin Garnett
18 Kobe Bryant
19 George Mikan
20 LeBron James
21 Dr J
22 Bob Cousy
23 Elgin Baylor
24 John Havlicek
25 John Stockton
26 Clyde Drexler
27 Rick Barry
28 Isiah Thomas
29 Dirk Nowitzki
30 Gary Payton
31 Dwyane Wade
32 Patrick Ewing
33 Bob McAdoo
34 Walt Frazier
35 Neil Johnston
36 George Gervin
37 Allen Iverson
38 Elvin Hayes
39 Scottie Pippen
40 Dominique Wilkins
41 Dolph Schayes
42 Jason Kidd
43 Jerry Lucas
44 Willis Reed
45 Tiny Archibald
46 Dave Cowens
47 Paul Arizin
48 Steve Nash
49 Paul Pierce
50 Walt Bellamy

Honorable mention:
Mark Aguirre
Ray Allen
Nick Anderson
Carmelo Anthony
Paul Arizin
Ron Artest
Mike Bibby
Chauncey Billups
Dave Bing
Rolando Blackman
Chris Bosh
Bruce Bowen
Don Buse
Ernie Calverley
Vince Carter
Tom Chambers
Maurice Cheeks
Terry Cummings
Billy Cunningham
Howie Dallmar
Mel Daniels
Adrian Dantley
Bob Davies
Walter Davis
Darryl Dawkins
Dave DeBusschere
Ernie DiGregorio
Joe Dumars
Mark Eaton
Sean Elliott
Dale Ellis
Alex English
Joe Fulks
Pau Gasol
Artis Gilmore
Manu Ginobli
Gail Goodrich
Hal Greer
Cliff Hagan
Penny Hardaway
Tim Hardaway
Ron Harper
Connie Hawkins
Spencer Haywood
Tommy Heinsohn
Grant Hill
Dwight Howard
Juwan Howard
Lou Hudson
Dan Issel
Mark Jackson
Dennis Johnson
Gus Johnson
Joe Johnson
Kevin Johnson
Larry Johnson
Marques Johnson
Neil Johnston
Bobby Jones
Sam Jones
Shawn Kemp
Jerome Kersey
Bernard King
Bill Laimbeer
Bob Lanier
Fat Lever
Ed Macauley
Jeff Malone
Danny Manning
Pistol Pete Maravich
Stephon Marbury
Shawn Marion
Cedric Maxwell
Xavier McDaniel
George McGinnis
Dick McGuire
Tracy McGrady
Vern Mikkelsen
Andre Miller
Reggie Miller
Yao Ming
Sidney Moncrief
Earl Monroe
Johnny Moore
Alonzo Mourning
Chris Mullin
Dikembe Mutumbo
Larry Nance
Norm Nixon
Jermaine O'Neal
Robert Parish
Tony Parker
Chris Paul
Chuck Person
Drazen Petrovic
Andy Phillip
Jim Pollard
Kevin Porter
Terry Porter
Mark Price
Glen Rice
Mitch Richmond
Alvin Robertson
Michael Ray Robinson
Guy Rodgers
Dennis Rodman
Tree Rollins
Ralph Sampson
Dolph Schayes
Detlef Schrempf
Bill Sharman
Jack Sikma
Rik Smits
Amare Stoudemire
Rod Strickland
Reggie Theus
David Thompson
Nate Thurmond
Rudy Tomjanovich
Jack Twyman
Wes Unseld
Norm Van Lier
Chet Walker
Ben Wallace
Rasheed Wallace
Bill Walton
Slick Watts
Chris Webber
Paul Westphal
Lenny Wilkens
Deron Williams
Kevin Willis
JoJo White
James Worthy
George Yardley
Max Zaslofsky

I could add a few more current players to the honorable mention list, but I do plan on updating my top 50 each and every off-season.

RocketGreatness
06-16-2009, 06:24 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/tdpreston86/witnessthis-1.jpg

Roundball_Rock
06-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Your website basically offers resumes for each of these players. You do not explain why a player is ranked where he is. For instance, how can Lebron be 20th all-time (two spots behind Kobe, who is behind KG :oldlol: )?

I also noticed that you referred to Oscar Robertson as the best "all around" player. I thought you, when pushing another agenda, claimed you do not believe in the concept of "all around" play, that is a mere media concoction?

1987_Lakers
06-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Oscar Robertson is not a top 10 player of all time.

unbreakable
06-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Kobe behind KG, West, Karl Malone, and Barkley?

:oldlol:

Meticode
06-16-2009, 06:30 PM
The first 4 responses to this on ISH are Kobe fans. No shock, you bastards hold this website hostage. Boo hoo *****es.

Welcome back from your banning.

unbreakable
06-16-2009, 06:31 PM
http://www.kobebryantlive.com/images/kobe-bryant8.jpg

RocketGreatness
06-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Welcome back from your banning.
I thought he was just doing this.... :cry:

I don't think he was banned

Jacks3
06-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Kobe is definitely a top 10 player All-time.

1987_Lakers
06-16-2009, 06:34 PM
The first 4 responses to this on ISH are Kobe fans. No shock, you bastards hold this website hostage. Boo hoo *****es.

Why would Oscar Robertson who led his team to only one 50 game win season despite playing with hall of fame teammates like Jerry Lucas and Jack Twyman be a top 10 player of all time? Your top 10 list is sloid, but having the Big O on it makes it flawed, Kobe has proven to be a top 10 player of all time.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Why would Oscar Robertson who led his team to only one 50 game win season despite playing with hall of fame teammates like Jerry Lucas and Jack Twyman be a top 10 player of all time? Your top 10 list is sloid, but having the Big O on it makes it flawed, Kobe has proven to be a top 10 player of all time.
I answered this in another thread already. Kobe's resume doesn't stack up with the players I have above him. Take time to read the information I presented.

chitownsfinest
:wtf: Lebron ranked top 20?

bruceblitz
Kobe is definitely a top 10 player All-time.
nope

Roundball_Rock
06-16-2009, 06:37 PM

Forget Kobe. I am curious as to the reasoning behind your rankings. We know why you consider MJ the GOAT but what puts, say, Kareem 2nd, Bird 5th, Hakeem over Shaq, a guy with no rings 11th, etc.?

BTW I agree on Kareem being 2nd and Bird 5th.

I answered this in another thread already. Kobe's resume doesn't stack up with the players I have above him. Take time to read the information I presented.

Lebron's definitely does not. Having Lebron in the top 30 all-time at this point, let alone top 20, is a joke.

Edit: I was curious about where he placed Pippen. He has Pippen 39th. :roll: What is funnier is his commentary on him:

"Scottie was a streaky scorer but arguably the best sidekick in NBA history. Scottie's scoring peaked out at 22ppg, his rebounding peaked out at 8.7rebs, and his passing peaked out at 7.0 assists per game. There is no question that--more than any other player--his career was enhanced by the good fortune of playing with a superstar. He made eight All-Defense First Teams. Only Gary Payton and Michael Jordan had more. Many question Pippen's abilities as a leader due to his arrest while Jordan was gone, and the fact that he had problems in Chicago and Houston with teammates."

Citing his gun charge is as lame as citing MJ's gambling problems and alleged gambling suspension. Problems with teammates? Did Scottie ever punch a teammate during practice? :oldlol: The record shows that Pippen was one of those superstars who made his teammates better.

As to his career being enhanced by playing with MJ, that has been refuted several times. Pippen made MJ the consensus GOAT. Without Pip MJ would have a few rings but would be just another player in the GOAT discussion like Bird or Magic, not the consensus GOAT.

1987_Lakers
06-16-2009, 06:40 PM

And I answered in another thread that you rank players by both individual and team success, not just individual success.

1987_Lakers
06-16-2009, 06:41 PM
nope

YES

DonDadda59
06-16-2009, 06:41 PM
Way too early to have Lebron in the top 20, he simply doesn't have the career resume. Awesome talent and my guess is he'll be top 5 when it's all said and done but as of right now, no way he's that far up.

KobeRules24
06-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Forget Kobe. I am curious as to the reasoning behind your rankings. We know why you consider MJ the GOAT but what puts, say, Kareem 2nd, Bird 5th, Hakeem over Shaq, a guy with no rings 11th, etc.?

BTW I agree on Kareem being 2nd and Bird 5th.

Lebron's definitely does not. Having Lebron in the top 30 all-time at this point, let alone top 20, is a joke.

co-sign, lebron's not even top 30 right now. how can lebron rank just 2 spots behind kobe at this point of his career? this is ridiculous. kobe should be top 15 after this title run

CroqueMort
06-16-2009, 06:44 PM
I took a look at that website.... So I am asking you this question ?

I would like to know how old are you ? ( This is not an insult )

Because I'm sure that you were not born when Cousy, Russel, Wilt, Petit played so how can you classify them ????? I don't tell me you watch plenty of their games, 5-10 NBA greatest game are not enough to judge players

What did you see about Mikan ?????

Then how you can explain in a rational way that Magic was better than the Big O, Jordan better than Wilt or Kareem, Bird better than Shaq, when we are talking about a TEAM SPORT ?

P.S: please no copy and paste of the personal achievements of a player.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Way too early to have Lebron in the top 20, he simply doesn't have the career resume. Awesome talent and my guess is he'll be top 5 when it's all said and done but as of right now, no way he's that far up.

LeBron James's career averages are better than 98% of NBA Players's best seasons, LeBron has posted a 27.5ppg, 7.0reb, 6.7ast 47%fg career average so far. LeBron's scoring peak so far was 31.4ppg, his rebounding peak was 7.9rebs, and his passing has peaked out at 7.2ast per game for 3 different seasons. LeBron James's 2009 playoff run was one of the top 5 individual playoff runs in NBA history. LeBron vs Orlando 2009 playoffs...38.5ppg 48.7%fg 8.3reb 8ast 1.16blk 1.16stl and LeBron's total playoff run in 2009: 35.3ppg 51%fg 9reb 7ast. LeBron has only played in 6 seasons and already has 1 league MVP at the young age of 24. Amazingly enough, LeBron has finished in the top 10 in MVP voting in 6 out of 6 seasons,
top 5 in MVP voting in 4 out of 6 seasons, top 3 in MVP voting in 2 out of 6 seasons, runner up in MVP voting one season, and he obviously has an MVP award now.

Post a resume you feel that should rank higher.

Roundball_Rock
06-16-2009, 06:51 PM
co-sign, lebron's not even top 30 right now. how can lebron rank just 2 spots behind kobe at this point of his career? this is ridiculous.

Exactly.

Here are a few players who should rank higher than Lebron: Isiah, Drexler, Wade, AI, Pippen, Kidd, and Mikan.

KobeRules24
06-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Kobe's the 6th player in history to have 4 rings, a Season MVP, and a finals MVP
In these playoffs, Kobe had the 5th highest scoring output in NBA Playoff history (695 points)
Kobe is the only the 2nd player in NBA history to average 30 + points, 5+ rebs and 5 + ast on the way to winning a title, jordan did it 3 times. kobe should rank higher than 18 at this point of his career, top 15 at least.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 06:54 PM

:oldlol:

Kevin Garnett has a defensive player of the year award, MVP, and was an intrical part of the 2008 Boston Celtics championship team and the anchor of their defense. Kevin Garnett's scoring peaked out at 24.2ppg, his rebounding peaked out at 13.9rebs, and his passing peaked out at 6.0ast per game. Kevin Garnett finshed second in MVP voting 2 times , top three 4 times , top five 5 times , top ten 7 times.

Jerry West
Jerry West had a great jumpshot, great defense, and he was arguably the most clutch player of his era. He is literally the face of the NBA as he is the silhouette portrayed on the league

CroqueMort
06-16-2009, 06:54 PM
He has a personal agenda against the Kobe lovers, I hope.
Sir, could you please answer the question I asked you ? Thank you very much.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Exactly.

Here are a few players who should rank higher than Lebron: Isiah, Drexler, Wade, AI, Pippen, Kidd, and Mikan.

Newsflash: I have Mikan over LeBron

Ruslan`
06-16-2009, 06:55 PM
how the **** u have james in top 20 already?

KobeRules24
06-16-2009, 06:57 PM
jerry west over kobe is a joke in my opinion, the guy won just 1 title in 9 tries.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 06:57 PM
how the **** u have james in top 20 already?

LeBron James's career averages are better than 98% of NBA Players's best seasons, LeBron has posted a 27.5ppg, 7.0reb, 6.7ast 47%fg career average so far. LeBron's scoring peak so far was 31.4ppg, his rebounding peak was 7.9rebs, and his passing has peaked out at 7.2ast per game for 3 different seasons. LeBron James's 2009 playoff run was one of the top 5 individual playoff runs in NBA history. LeBron vs Orlando 2009 playoffs...38.5ppg 48.7%fg 8.3reb 8ast 1.16blk 1.16stl and LeBron's total playoff run in 2009: 35.3ppg 51%fg 9reb 7ast. LeBron has only played in 6 seasons and already has 1 league MVP at the young age of 24. Amazingly enough, LeBron has finished in the top 10 in MVP voting in 6 out of 6 seasons,
top 5 in MVP voting in 4 out of 6 seasons, top 3 in MVP voting in 2 out of 6 seasons, runner up in MVP voting one season, and he obviously has an MVP award now.

Ruslan`
06-16-2009, 07:00 PM
ur a sutpid ****ing idiot..
how the **** are u gonna have Lebron in top 20 already..
he's only been in league for 6 years and there are guys who u have lower than him, who have accomplished a lot more..
u claim to know everything but ur ****ing stupid ass hell in reality...
Wade already b etter than Iverson??
ur ****ing stupid and a Jordan **** suckers...
everyone knows he's the greatest but u take **** sucking to a different level..u dedicate ur life to prove he's the greatest with ur stupid ass college essays that u copy off of ur utube account..
u need to chill the **** out and get away from computer..

Roundball_Rock
06-16-2009, 07:01 PM

KG, West, Malone, and Barkley combine for 2 championships. :oldlol:

Kobe's resume

4x NBA champion
2008 MVP

2x scoring champion
3x second in scoring
8x top 5 in scoring

11x all-star
11x all-NBA
7x all-NBA first team
9x all-defensive team
7x all-defensive first team
6x on both first team all-NBA and first team all-defense

7x Top 5 in MVP voting
4x Top 3 in MVP voting
3x All-star game MVP
1x Finals MVP

Ruslan`
06-16-2009, 07:02 PM

his stats are inflated because he is the only offensive option on that team and he handles the ball 80% of the time...
give it a break, he'll be top 10 but he isn't top 20 after 6 damn seasons

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 07:02 PM
ur a sutpid ****ing idiot..
how the **** are u gonna have Lebron in top 20 already..
he's only been in league for 6 years and there are guys who u have lower than him, who have accomplished a lot more..
u claim to know everything but ur ****ing stupid ass hell in reality...
Wade already b etter than Iverson??
ur ****ing stupid and a Jordan **** suckers...
everyone knows he's the greatest but u take **** sucking to a different level..u dedicate ur life to prove he's the greatest with ur stupid ass college essays that u copy off of ur utube account..
u need to chill the **** out and get away from computer..

KobeRules24
06-16-2009, 07:03 PM
Kobe's resume

4x NBA champion
2008 MVP

2x scoring champion
3x second in scoring
8x top 5 in scoring

11x all-star
11x all-NBA
7x all-NBA first team
9x all-defensive team

7x Top 5 in MVP voting
4x Top 3 in MVP voting
3x All-star game MVP
1x Finals MVP

that's a top 15 all time player right there

CroqueMort
06-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Calling somebody an idiot is not a good way to interact on a board.

Even if I don't agree with everything you have said, you make some really interest points, and I'm sure that you have a love for the game. :cheers:

You were not born when Cousy, Russel, Wilt, Petit played so how can you classify them ? Don't tell me you watch plenty of their games 5-10 NBA greatest game are not enough to judge players ? Where did you see all their games, I would like to see their games too. Thank you in advance.

Did you see a lot of Mikan video ? I can't find a lot of his videos.

Then how you can explain in a rational way that Magic was better than the Big O, Jordan better than Wilt or Kareem, Bird better than Shaq, when we are talking about a TEAM SPORT ?

Ruslan`
same thing over and over again..
u post the same **** when u get owned..
im done with this clown, go get some *****

bruceblitz
KG, West, Malone, and Barkley combine for 2 championships. :oldlol:

Kobe's resume

4x NBA champion
2008 MVP

2x scoring champion
3x second in scoring
8x top 5 in scoring

11x all-star
11x all-NBA
7x all-NBA first team
9x all-defensive team

7x Top 5 in MVP voting
4x Top 3 in MVP voting
3x All-star game MVP
1x Finals MVP

That's the extent of your resume? That's nothing compared to the players I have over this player:
econd in MVP voting once, top three 4 times, top five 7 times , top ten 8 times. Kobe's best all-around season was 2002-2003 when he averaged 30ppg, 6.9reb, 5.9ast. Kobe has had many flashes of brilliance and he has played at a high level of play for nearly a decade. Kobe has proven to be an effective defender, and he has the determination to take over games on his own. Some of the knocks on Kobe has been his field goal percentage over the years, and his lack of willingness to trust his teammates. Kobe has now led his Lakers to 1 championship, and he was Shaq's "Scottie Pippen" for 3 Lakers championships. Kobe has shown the ability to make some real tough shots, but he has also shown the ability to miss around 60% of his shots in big games. Kobe's career shooting percentage in the NBA Finals is 41%. Kobe has always taken a high volume of shots, and similar to Allen Iverson, if Kobe was able to limit his missed shots over the course of his career more, and show more consistency, I would rank him higher. Kobe's been a questionable team leader for quite a few different seasons in his career, had problems with teammates, but he did prove his reputation wrong by leading the 2009 Lakers to a title.

Roundball_Rock
his stats are inflated because he is the only offensive option on that team and he handles the ball 80% of the time...
give it a break, he'll be top 10 but he isn't top 20 after 6 damn seasons

Funny how LJ fans like to have it both ways: they blame him losing on him "not having any help" then turn around and cite his eye popping stats even though he would not have such great numbers if he were paired with an Amare or a Bosh.

One thing Blitz forgot from Lebron's resume btw:

Most wins in a NBA season

72 96' Bulls NBA champions
69 97' Bulls NBA champions
69 72' Lakers NBA champions
68 67' Sixers NBA champions
68 73' Celtics lost in the ECF
67 92' Bulls NBA champions
67 86' Celtics NBA champions
67 00' Lakers NBA champions
67 07' Mavericks lost in the first round
66 71' Bucks NBA champions
66 08' Celtics NBA champions
66 09' Cavs lost in the ECF
65 09' Lakers NBA champions
65 87' Lakers NBA champions
65 83' Sixers NBA champions

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 07:06 PM
that's a top 15 all time player right there
These are legit top 17 players right here:

Karl Malone
Karl Malone is probably the best power forward of all time although his greatness didn't produce any championships. Karl Malone ran into Michael Jordan's Chicago Bulls in the NBA Finals twice and Jordan's Bulls were able to shatter a ton of great players's hopes of getting a championship including Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Dominique Wilkins, and Patrick Ewing, Gary Payton, and Shawn Kemp to name a few... Malone came close but it never happened. Only Kareem scored more points in his NBA career than Karl Malone. Karl Malone finished in the top 10 in MVP voting 14 times, top five of the MVP Voting 9 times, top 3 in MVP voting 5 times. Karl Malone did win 2 league MVPs.

Moses Malone
Moses Malone averaged a double-double for 15 straight seasons which is more than Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell and Kareem. Moses Malone led his team to a championship in 1983. Moses Malone won the league MVP in 1983 and the Finals MVP in 1983. Moses Malone was also the league MVP in 1979 and 1982.

Jerry West
Jerry West had a great jumpshot, great defense, and he was arguably the most clutch player of his era. He is literally the face of the NBA as he is the silhouette portrayed on the league’s logo. West didn’t win an MVP award for the same reasons Baylor didn’t. Chamberlain and Russell made it virtually impossible for anyone else in that era to win the award. Jerry West did win a NBA Finals MVP in 1969 and he was an NBA Champion in 1972. Finished second in MVP voting three times, top three 5 times, top five 8 times, top ten 9 times in 14 seasons.

Bob Pettit
Bob Pettit won two MVPs while being selected to the All-NBA first team ten times (second most all-time). His Player Efficiency rating for his era was top notch. He helped lead his team to an NBA Championship in 1958. Bob Pettit appeared in the NBA Finals in 1957, 1960 and 1961.

Charles Barkley
Barkley won one MVP and reached the NBA Finals once. Charles Barkley is one of only 4 players in NBA history who compiled 20,000 points + 10,000 rebounds + 4,000 assists in their careers. Barkley's scoring peaked out at 28.3ppg, his rebounding peaked out at 14.6rebs, and his passing peaked out at 5.1 assists per game. Charles finished second in MVP voting 1 time, top three 2 times, top five 4 times, top ten 9 times.

David Robinson
David Robinson peaked out at 29.8ppg, his rebounding peaked out at 13rebs, and his passing peaked out at 4.8 assists per game. He led the Spurs to two NBA Championships. He also won an MVP and a Defensive Player of the Year award. He finished in the top three of the MVP Voting five times. He is second all-time in Wins Shares Above Average (WSAA) and third all-time in PER. The most amazing stat that anyone could ever cite about Robinson is that in his 14 seasons, he only accounted for 11 Loss Shares (LS). That number is unfathomable.

Kevin Garnett
Kevin Garnett has a defensive player of the year award, MVP, and was an intrical part of the 2008 Boston Celtics championship team and the anchor of their defense. Kevin Garnett's scoring peaked out at 24.2ppg, his rebounding peaked out at 13.9rebs, and his passing peaked out at 6.0ast per game. Kevin Garnett finshed second in MVP voting 2 times , top three 4 times , top five 5 times , top ten 7 times.

KobeRules24
06-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Usual breakdown by an idiot. One liner = weak, you fail.

well at least i know lebron is not top 20 just yet....go ask hubie brown, phil jackson, pat riley and see where they would rank lebron....you're the only idiot here my friend. a player with only 6 seasons in the league should not even be ranked top 50, this is ridiculous.

1987_Lakers
06-16-2009, 07:07 PM
So far, the Kobe fans are :cry: because you feel your homosexual fantasy should rank over these all time legends.

Do this to yourself: :hammerhead:

Kobe has surpassed Garnett, West, Malone, & Barkley

Kobe vs Garnett: Please, ask anyone and they will tell you the top 3 players from the 2000's were Duncan, Kobe, & Shaq. Advantage - Kobe.

Kobe vs West: West IMO was ranked higher than Kobe on the all-time list prior to the NBA Finals, now that Kobe has captured his 4th NBA title I would rank Kobe ahead of him. West not to long ago admitted Kobe is a better player than him. Advantage - Kobe.

Kobe vs Malone: Malone had a great individual career, he has the second most points in NBA history and won an MVP award, but team wise Malone did not so well, got to the Finals twice and lost twice. Any player without a ring should not be ranked ahead Kobe. Advantage - Kobe.

Kobe vs Barkley: Look above. Any player without a ring should not be ranked ahead of Kobe. Advantage Kobe.

CroqueMort
06-16-2009, 07:10 PM
If you are more mature don't respond to them, this is still a good thread.

Calling somebody an idiot is not a good way to interact on a board.

Even if I don't agree with everything you have said, you make some really interest points, and I'm sure that you have a love for the game.

You were not born when Cousy, Russel, Wilt, Petit played so how can you classify them ? Don't tell me you watch plenty of their games 5-10 NBA greatest game are not enough to judge players ? Where did you see all their games, I would like to see their games too. Thank you in advance.

KobeRules24
06-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Kobe fans ruin this message board! For real. You take no joy in the history of the game, you just want people to roll over and play dead while you over-rate Kobe Bryant. He's not as good as you goofs say he is and you waste way too much time trying to diminish other players in exchange for sucking off your hero.

:eek: you need professional help

Younggrease
06-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Kobe fans ruin this message board! For real. You take no joy in the history of the game, you just want people to roll over and play dead while you over-rate Kobe Bryant. He's not as good as you goofs say he is and you waste way too much time trying to diminish other players in exchange for sucking off your hero.

you attempt to ruin people new to the basketball community with tapes and videos that demonstrate incorrect information, and luke warm basketball analysis...

1987_Lakers
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Ruslan`
sorry guys i am a virgin who wishes i could fondle with Jordan's ball sack..I also have a dildo with his name on it that I stick up my ass whenever i watch my VHS tapes of him...
god why am I still living in my mom's basement..

dude ur a ****ing loser..u are in ur 30s im guessing and all

jmill
06-16-2009, 07:12 PM
Forget posting a wall of text regarding Kobe's accomplishments. Just the essentials.

28/5.5/5 on 46% shooting since becoming a starter (age 20) over an 11 year span in the NBA.

4 rings, regular season MVP, finals MVP

Will be regarded by most as the second best SG to ever play the game.

And he has a legitimate shot to win 1-2 more rings playing at a high level.

He may not be MJ, but he's really ****ing good and in most people's top 10.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 07:13 PM
InsideLakerNation.com

that should be the name of this website.

1987_Lakers
06-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Forget posting a wall of text regarding Kobe's accomplishments. Just the essentials.

28/5.5/5 on 46% shooting since becoming a starter (age 20) over an 11 year span in the NBA.

:applause:

KobeRules24
06-16-2009, 07:14 PM
you know this list is garbage when he ranks lebron top 20 already.....2 spots behind kobe bryant. bruce blitz the self proclaimed unbias fan of the game :oldlol: unbias my @ss!!!!

Ruslan`
06-16-2009, 07:16 PM
im not a fan of kobe cuz he's an arrogant punk and has ***** personality but if u deny his basketball skill, ur a ****ing retard...
he's top 10 player..

CroqueMort
If you are more mature don't respond to them, this is still a good thread.

Even if I don't agree with everything you have said, you make some really interest points, and I'm sure that you have a love for the game.

KobeRules24

there was a poll yesterday, 200,000 fans voted and 70% consider kobe is a top 10 player of all time, honestly 18th is too low for a guy with kobe's resume.

Lebron23
06-16-2009, 07:17 PM
I love watching your Basketball Mixtapes Mr. BruceBlitz, but can you please stop hating on Kobe Bryant.

Kobe has the better NBA Career now, but LeBron would surpass him in the next decade.

Let us enjoy watching Kobe Bryant because you are also going to miss him, when he retires in the NBA.

jmill
06-16-2009, 07:17 PM
InsideLakerNation.com

that should be the name of this website.

I'm taking a leave of absence from you idiots.

Dude, i've given MJ/Lebron as much credit as anyone on this forum (and that's coming from a huge Laker/Kobe fan) but you're just too childish man. You bring this kind of attention on yourself with your constant trolling of anything Kobe related in the past.

To be honest, I'm kind of shocked you're in your 30s, given the general tone of your posts I've always thought you were in the 18-22 range.

clayton
06-16-2009, 07:20 PM
nope
yes

CroqueMort
06-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Is he gone ? The last time when he said that Danica Patrick was in the world more popular than Kobe Bryant, and that the NFL was more popular than the NBA he insulted the posters on the thread and left. This is sad.

I am only 22 and I know that you have to see a lot, but I mean a lot, and I really mean a lot of game to realize the greatness of a player.

I guess that because he made such he had seen A LOT of games. He is lucky and do not want to share the informations on how he had the chane to watch tons of games of the NBA teams in the 50's , 60's etc....

I would really like to see games of Mikan.

Ruslan`
06-16-2009, 07:31 PM
sorry guys i am a virgin who wishes i could fondle with Jordan's ball sack..I also have a dildo with his name on it that I stick up my ass whenever i watch my VHS tapes of him...
god why am I still living in my mom's basement..

Fatal9
06-16-2009, 07:33 PM
What the f*ck kind of list is this? :roll:

Worst attempt at a top 50 list ever. Anyone who thinks bruceblitz had an ounce of NBA knowledge needs to look at this list and see what a clueless groupie this guy really is.

This moron doesn't even share opinions or anything. Went on nba.com/history and copy/pasted whatever they had written there.

DonDadda59
06-16-2009, 07:41 PM

How about this...

John Havlicek
8 NBA Championships
1 Finals MVP
13 All Star Selections
4 First Team All NBA Selections
7 Second Team All NBA Selections
5 All NBA Defensive First Team
3 All NBA Defensive Second Team
Celtics All Time Leading Scorer (14th All Time)
20.8 PPG/ 6.3 RPG/4.8 APG career averages

Yet Lebron ranks higher then him all time? :wtf:

raptorfan_dr07
06-16-2009, 08:06 PM
Can't say that I agree with everything but good work nonetheless. Sure you've got the usual retards in here(Fatal9, Roundball Rock, unbreakable, etc.), but try using the ignore list, it really makes things more enjoyable. I can't see what they say. :rockon:

A couple things, Lebron James in the top 20 is way too high. Especially when guys like John Havlicek, Isiah Thomas, Bob Cousy, Scottie Pippen, Rick Barry, etc, are ranked below him. The aforementioned guys are top 20 in my book and should be placed ahead of Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, and Lebron James.

My top 10 looks something like this:

1) Michael Jordan
2) Kareem Abdul Jabbar
3) Larry Bird
4) Magic Johnson
5) Bill Russell
6) Wilt Chamberlain
7) Hakeem Olajuwon
8) Shaquille O'Neal
9) Tim Duncan
10) Jerry West

After that, I haven't given as much though as I would like, but the following players are all in the mix and should be ranked ahead of Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, and Kevin Garnett:

John Havlicek
Moses Malone
Oscar Robertson
Bob Cousy
Rick Barry
Isiah Thomas
Bob Pettit
Scottie Pippen
Karl Malone
George Mikan
Julius Erving
David Robinson

Disaprine
06-16-2009, 08:08 PM
well at least you have kobe in the top 20. I was expecting you to put him at #30 or something.

Disaprine
06-16-2009, 08:11 PM
:roll: repped

L.Kizzle
06-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Paule Pierce is not a top 50 Player All-Time.

Doranku
06-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Can't say that I agree with everything but good work nonetheless. Sure you've got the usual retards in here(Fatal9, Roundball Rock, unbreakable, etc.), but try using the ignore list, it really makes things more enjoyable. I can't see what they say. :rockon:

A couple things, Lebron James in the top 20 is way too high. Especially when guys like John Havlicek, Isiah Thomas, Bob Cousy, Scottie Pippen, Rick Barry, etc, are ranked below him. The aforementioned guys are top 20 in my book and should be placed ahead of Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, and Lebron James.

1) Michael Jordan
2) Kareem Abdul Jabbar
3) Larry Bird
4) Magic Johnson
5) Bill Russell
6) Wilt Chamberlain
7) Hakeem Olajuwon
8) Shaquille O'Neal
9) Tim Duncan
10) Jerry West

After that, I haven't given as much though as I would like, but the following players are all in the mix and should be ranked ahead of Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, and Kevin Garnett:

John Havlicek
Moses Malone
Oscar Robertson
Bob Cousy
Rick Barry
Isiah Thomas
Bob Pettit
Scottie Pippen
Karl Malone
George Mikan
Julius Erving
David Robinson

Wow, and I thought Bruce was an idiot. You take retardness to a whole other level.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Kobe has surpassed Garnett, West, Malone, & Barkley

Kobe vs Garnett: Please, ask anyone and they will tell you the top 3 players from the 2000's were Duncan, Kobe, & Shaq. Advantage - Kobe.

Kobe vs West: West IMO was ranked higher than Kobe on the all-time list prior to the NBA Finals, now that Kobe has captured his 4th NBA title I would rank Kobe ahead of him. West not to long ago admitted Kobe is a better player than him. Advantage - Kobe.

Kobe vs Malone: Malone had a great individual career, he has the second most points in NBA history and won an MVP award, but team wise Malone did not so well, got to the Finals twice and lost twice. Any player without a ring should not be ranked ahead Kobe. Advantage - Kobe.

Kobe vs Barkley: Look above. Any player without a ring should not be ranked ahead of Kobe. Advantage Kobe.

Bob Sharman has 4 rings, should he be ranked over West, Malone, and Barkley?

By the way, I'm not impressed with your argument one bit. Not convincing me for one second.

YAWN
when is this moron going to get banned? he says dumb fukcing sh*t that no sane individual could ever agree with just to stir things up.

andgar923
I don't see the list being too objectionable.

We can nitpick here and there, but that's gonna happen with any list no matter what subject.

I think Bron is kinda high, but at least the reasons given are respectable.

Of course, there's always gonna be controversy when it comes to Kobe. I can guarantee one thing tho....

If Wade had played with Shaq from day one, and done what Kobe did, Kobe fans would be saying...."But he played with Shaq."

And you wanna know why I know this?

Because that's exactly what they were saying when he won the chip.

And some of you can't front because ya'll witnessed it. Til this day, they're scorned and continue to call him "D-Whistle" along with attempts to diminish his performance in other ways.

And its not as if Kobe is beaten by a bunch of scrubs either.

Most objective fans will understand (maybe not agree 100% with all of the choices) the choices.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 08:22 PM
How about this...

John Havlicek
8 NBA Championships
1 Finals MVP
13 All Star Selections
4 First Team All NBA Selections
7 Second Team All NBA Selections
5 All NBA Defensive First Team
3 All NBA Defensive Second Team
Celtics All Time Leading Scorer (14th All Time)
20.8 PPG/ 6.3 RPG/4.8 APG career averages

Yet Lebron ranks higher then him all time? :wtf:

Yes, LeBron is a more dominant all-around player, and LeBron is only 4 top 10 MVP votes from matching MJ for having ten top 10 MVP votes in 10 years. Actually it took Jordan 11.
(seasons that MJ played the majority of the year)

Younggrease
06-16-2009, 08:23 PM

We can nitpick here and there, but that's gonna happen with any list no matter what subject.

Of course, there's always gonna be controversy when it comes to Kobe. I can guarantee one thing tho....

If Wade had played with Shaq from day one, and done what Kobe did, Kobe fans would be saying...."But he played with Shaq."

And some of you can't front because ya'll witnessed it. Til this day, they're scorned and continue to call him "D-Whistle" along with attempts to diminish his performance in other ways.

Most objective fans will understand (maybe not agree 100% with all of the choices) the choices.

that is the most retarded hypo I have ever heard...

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 08:23 PM

1) Michael Jordan
2) Kareem Abdul Jabbar
3) Larry Bird
4) Magic Johnson
5) Bill Russell
6) Wilt Chamberlain
7) Hakeem Olajuwon
8) Shaquille O'Neal
9) Tim Duncan
10) Jerry West

John Havlicek
Moses Malone
Oscar Robertson
Bob Cousy
Rick Barry
Isiah Thomas
Bob Pettit
Scottie Pippen
Karl Malone
George Mikan
Julius Erving
David Robinson

I can respect that. You are holding the legacies of the greats to the proper standard. I just feel that KG, Kobe and LeBron have earned the rankings I presented.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 08:24 PM

I can respect that. Thanks for taking the time to view my rankings with an open mind. At least unlike 90% of the posters in this thread, you are actually looking at the rankings as a whole, not just in here trying to defend your favorites.

andgar923
06-16-2009, 08:25 PM
that is the most retarded hypo I have ever heard...

So Kobe fans didn't diminish Wade?
And you don't think Wade would have as good a resume?

Younggrease
06-16-2009, 08:27 PM
So Kobe fans didn't diminish Wade?
And you don't think Wade would have as good a resume?

If Wade played with Shaq from Day 1... no one even knows if the same people would be Kobe fans...No one knows how Kobe develops as a player either in a different situation...The whole dynamic is so different in so many ways that it makes no sense to consider it.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 08:29 PM
If Wade played with Shaq from Day 1... no one even knows if the same people would be Kobe fans...No one knows how Kobe develops as a player either in a different situation...The whole dynamic is so different in so many ways that it makes no sense to consider it.
It doesn't hurt to speculate when it pertains to scenarios like that. You just can't take the speculation as fact. There's a certain degree of probability.

Meticode
06-16-2009, 08:32 PM
List is all right. I feel LeBron is ranked too high at 20. He's between 30-40 for me right now. He still needs to be in the league for some years for him to jump up to me.

Younggrease
06-16-2009, 08:32 PM
It doesn't hurt to speculate when it pertains to scenarios like that. You just can't take the speculation as fact. There's a certain degree of probability.

If Wade played with Shaq...then Kobe's fans would possibly(probably) be D-Wade fans. Thus the hypo wouldnt work because the people in question are not in the same position in the two scenarios.

This also presusposes that Wade can stay healthy for three straight years which doesnt seem very likely.

YAWN
06-16-2009, 08:34 PM
I can respect that. Thanks for taking the time to view my rankings with an open mind. At least unlike 90% of the posters in this thread, you are actually looking at the rankings as a whole, not just in here trying to defend your favorites.

outside of the clear underrating of kobe, the gross overrating of lebron, and the utter disrespect for elgin baylor.. the rest is not too crazy, duncan and shaq are above oscar though, that guy truly has become overrated.

and you apparently left stockton out haha

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 08:34 PM
If Wade played with Shaq...then Kobe's fans would possibly(probably) be D-Wade fans. Thus the hypo wouldnt work because the people in question are not in the same position in the two scenarios.

This also presusposes that Wade can stay healthy for three straight years which doesnt seem very likely.
Time will tell with Wade's health. One thing is for sure, he's not attacking the basket as much as he did when he first came into the league. Man that guy put more abuse on his own body with the way he just threw himself at the rim, relentlessly attacking it, he reminded me of Iverson a bit in that aspect. (Younger Iverson obviously). Wade's approach now is a little less wreckless, so I think he has a good shot to stay healthy with his softer approach he brought to the table this past season.

andgar923
06-16-2009, 08:35 PM

Almost every player in a top 50 list is gonna have their positive and negative aspects.

Almost all of them have left their mark one way or another.

I look at the sum of their career and try to outweigh the negatives and the positives. I try to look at their individual achievements along with their team achievements IN CONTEXT.

For instance.... Horry has a million rings, he's also played a pivotal role offensively and defensively in almost all of those rings. But since he won a trilliion rings does that make him better than Chuck?

The biggest complaint I have on Kobe is how he failed and his bizarre play.

His skills are def top 10, but as the stats show and many observers will agree, he hasn't really "gotten IT" till this season (and even that's debatable).

Other great players have failed (I mentioned Chuck), but not like him.

I guess people only remember when he makes in a shot and not the other 6 misses. And that's the same with his career.

On a completely unrelated note....

This smiley ":banghead: " is perfectly synchronized to a hi hat in a song I'm listening too.

Chalkmaze
It appears the all-time leader in both ASSISTS and STEALS got the shaft in your ranking... (Correction... John is ranked in the top 25, he was changing the website when I was looking)

indiefan23
I'm going to read until I see the first gross disagreement. I'm guessing it will be a guy who can't dribble from the 60's? But who knows.

Crap, you lasted till #2. I love Kareem, but he's a dude who's career was extended for nearly a decade playing a very non-physicial style and playing the first decade in a watered down league. Where do people rank Kareem without his records and why does he have them? I dunno, lists like this are reflections of th writer's biases more then reflections of the players themselves.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 08:38 PM
outside of the clear underrating of kobe, the gross overrating of lebron, and the utter disrespect for elgin baylor.. the rest is not too crazy, duncan and shaq are above oscar though, that guy truly has become overrated.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I came to my conclusions after over a year of contemplation. It wasn't like I just threw that list together. I made the best case I could for every single player, including Kobe, and I took LeBron's faults and shortcomings into mind as well. When you think about the fact that it took Jordan 11 seasons of playing most the year to finish top 10 in the MVP voting 10 times, and LeBron has already done that 6 times, he's only 4 years away from matching a mark that Jordan posted over his entire career. I personally think a lot of people underrate LeBron because he's only 24. The type of production and level of greatness LeBron has produced in his first 6 years is the type of production you usually see during a legend's peak. Do you follow me on the LeBron thing?

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Almost every player in a top 50 list is gonna have their positive and negative aspects.

Almost all of them have left their mark one way or another.

I look at the sum of their career and try to outweigh the negatives and the positives. I try to look at their individual achievements along with their team achievements IN CONTEXT.

For instance.... Horry has a million rings, he's also played a pivotal role offensively and defensively in almost all of those rings. But since he won a trilliion rings does that make him better than Chuck?

The biggest complaint I have on Kobe is how he failed and his bizarre play.

His skills are def top 10, but as the stats show and many observers will agree, he hasn't really "gotten IT" till this season (and even that's debatable).

Other great players have failed (I mentioned Chuck), but not like him.

I guess people only remember when he makes in a shot and not the other 6 misses. And that's the same with his career.

On a completely unrelated note....

This smiley ":banghead: " is perfectly synchronized to a hi hat in a song I'm listening too.
I take the exact same approach to my personal players rankings lists I make, during the season, and when it pertains to all time greats.

indiefan23
06-16-2009, 08:40 PM

and you apparently left stockton out haha

That's one of the funny things about eras is it not? Oscar's star keeps growing because people see the triple double over a season and doing that continuously seems more and more impossible. But Lebron's numbers merely pace adjusted top them and then if you watch games of Oscar playing you appriciate that he's better then people on the floor, but not everyone all time.

YAWN
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I came to my conclusions after over a year of contemplation. It wasn't like I just threw that list together. I made the best case I could for every single player, including Kobe, and I took LeBron's faults and shortcomings into mind as well. When you think about the fact that it took Jordan 11 seasons of playing most the year to finish top 10 in the MVP voting 10 times, and LeBron has already done that 6 times, he's only 4 years away from matching a mark that Jordan posted over his entire career. I personally think a lot of people underrate LeBron because he's only 24. The type of production and level of greatness LeBron has produced in his first 6 years is the type of production you usually see during a legend's peak. Do you follow me on the LeBron thing?

yes hes been great but he just hasnt accomplished what many of the players you ranked under him have already. assuming health its obvious in due to time he is going to skyrocket up these lists, however at the moment, RIGHT NOW. If lebron pulled a grant hill he would go down somewhere around the 35-40 area. Another player who had promise to have as good a career as MH but never came to fruition.

But seriously why no Baylor or Stockton in the top 50?

Meticode
It appears the all-time leader in both ASSISTS and STEALS got the shaft in your ranking...

Arguably top 5 PG of all time, doesn't even make it in the 50.

andgar923
06-16-2009, 08:41 PM
In regards to Bron.

I'm not sure I'd rank him that high, but I'm not really opposed to it considering the evidence.

Another thing to keep in mind....

For years and years, players have been mentioned as some of the greats and ranked while they were still in the middle of their careers.

It happened with MJ, Magic, Nash, Kobe, Duncan etc.etc.etc.

Bron still has many years ahead of him no doubt. But the years that he has played have already left an impact that the vast majority of players have never had.

I think he changed the game the same way Magic and Shaq did (to name a few recent players).

Not only is it obvious by watching the kid that he's special, but his stats back it up.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 08:41 PM
It appears the all-time leader in both ASSISTS and STEALS got the shaft in your ranking...

1) Michael Jordan
2) Kareem Abdul Jabbar
3) Wilt Chamberlain
4) Magic Johnson
5) Larry Bird
6) Bill Russell
7) Hakem Olajuwon
8) Oscar Robertson
9) Shaquille O'Neal
10) Tim Duncan
11) Karl Malone
12) Moses Malone
13) Jerry West
14) Bob Pettit
15) Charles Barkley
16) David Robinson
17) Kevin Garnett
18) Kobe Bryant
19) George Mikan
20) LeBron James
21) Dr J
22) Bob Cousy
23) Elgin Baylor
24) John Havlicek
25 John Stockton
26 Clyde Drexler
27 Rick Barry
28 Isiah Thomas
29 Dirk Nowitzki
30 Gary Payton
31 Dwyane Wade
32 Patrick Ewing
33 Bob McAdoo
34 Walt Frazier
35 Neil Johnston
36 George Gervin
37 Allen Iverson
38 Elvin Hayes
39 Scottie Pippen
40 Dominique Wilkins
41 Dolph Schayes
42 Jason Kidd
43 Jerry Lucas
44 Willis Reed
45 Tiny Archibald
46 Dave Cowens
47 Paul Arizin
48 Steve Nash
49 Paul Pierce
50 Walt Bellamy

The funny thing is that some dude on youtube was upset that I ranked Stockton over Isiah Thomas. When clearly Stockton was the better player.

YAWN
06-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Arguably top 5 PG of all time, doesn't even make it in the 50.
arguably top 5?

please name these other 4 point guards outside of magic that were better than him?

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 08:42 PM
yes hes been great but he just hasnt accomplished what many of the players you ranked under him have already. assuming health its obvious in due to time he is going to skyrocket up these lists, however at the moment, RIGHT NOW. If lebron pulled a grant hill he would go down somewhere around the 35-40 area. Another player who had promise to have as good a career as MH but never came to fruition.

You must have just looked at the top 20 only....
1) Michael Jordan
2) Kareem Abdul Jabbar
3) Wilt Chamberlain
4) Magic Johnson
5) Larry Bird
6) Bill Russell
7) Hakem Olajuwon
8) Oscar Robertson
9) Shaquille O'Neal
10) Tim Duncan
11) Karl Malone
12) Moses Malone
13) Jerry West
14) Bob Pettit
15) Charles Barkley
16) David Robinson
17) Kevin Garnett
18) Kobe Bryant
19) George Mikan
20) LeBron James
21) Dr J
22) Bob Cousy
23) Elgin Baylor
24) John Havlicek
25 John Stockton
26 Clyde Drexler
27 Rick Barry
28 Isiah Thomas
29 Dirk Nowitzki
30 Gary Payton
31 Dwyane Wade
32 Patrick Ewing
33 Bob McAdoo
34 Walt Frazier
35 Neil Johnston
36 George Gervin
37 Allen Iverson
38 Elvin Hayes
39 Scottie Pippen
40 Dominique Wilkins
41 Dolph Schayes
42 Jason Kidd
43 Jerry Lucas
44 Willis Reed
45 Tiny Archibald
46 Dave Cowens
47 Paul Arizin
48 Steve Nash
49 Paul Pierce
50 Walt Bellamy

That's my complete list.

YAWN
06-16-2009, 08:43 PM
The funny thing is that some dude on youtube was upset that I ranked Stockton over Isiah Thomas. When clearly Stockton was the better player.
my bad, i didnt see him on your list, my mind is playing tricks on me

1987_Lakers
06-16-2009, 08:43 PM

Many, including I will disagree with you, I think Isiah was bettter.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 08:44 PM

LeBron would no doubt drop if he had some career ending injury. That being said, LeBron's first 6 years in the NBA have been better than most all time great's primes. That's the difference between ranking LeBron as compared to other players, right from the start he's put up Hall of Fame performances night in and night out.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Many, including I will disagree with you, I think Isiah was bettter.
I just think that Stockton was a better all-around player and was able to sustain that level of play for longer than Isiah. Isiah's career wasn't exactly long.

1987_Lakers
06-16-2009, 08:51 PM
I just think that Stockton was a better all-around player and was able to sustain that level of play for longer than Isiah. Isiah's career wasn't exactly long.

Stockton obviously has an edge over Isiah when it comes to longevity, but when both were in their primes Isiah was the better player. Isiah was the go-to-go guy and took over games when he needed too, Isiah had superior will and leadership, guided the Pistons to 3 straight finals and winning twice in the absolute peak of NBA competition.

andgar923
06-16-2009, 08:53 PM
I take the exact same approach to my personal players rankings lists I make, during the season, and when it pertains to all time greats.

No doubt, I know you do.

I've seen you make lists and break them down, I don't think many people understand that you've had many debates and tweaked your lists if you missed something the first time around.

Also, its easy to rank Kobe high because he's fresh in our memory (since his ranking caused the most commotion).

But we forget how great some of these players were.

I think people should go watch some old games and see that MJ wasn't the first or the only to do reverse layups, Magic wasn't the first or only to dish out no look dimes, Nate wasn't the only short dunker, Kobe wasn't the only to hit shots over defenders, Bron isn't the first person that big that had similar athletic abilities etc.etc.

D-Rose
06-16-2009, 08:53 PM
:roll: @ LeBron being in the Top 20 when all he has are inflated stats due to lack of teammates. Not to mention one of the worst Finals performances of all-time.

When it's all said and done, LeBron will be top 10, maybe top 5, but it's WAY too early Bruce.

This is like putting Jordan in the Top 10 before he even won a playoff series or a title.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Stockton obviously has an edge over Isiah when it comes to longevity, but when both were in their primes Isiah was the better player. Isiah was the go-to-go guy and took over games when he needed too, Isiah had superior will and leadership, guided the Pistons to 3 straight finals and winning twice in the absolute peak of NBA competition.
Fair enough. I still stand by my ranking but you raise a great case for your opinion. I enjoyed reading that.

Chalkmaze
06-16-2009, 09:04 PM

Huh..? weird... I went to your list, but it didn't have JUST the names... It showed names and then the descriptions. I went to two pages... and didn't see Stockton.. I checked 3 times... Now I can't duplicate what I did...

Apparently it was my screw-up somewhere... or you secretly just changed the website.

Yeah, Stockton and Isiah is always a heated discussion... I take John first, but many take Isiah... Most people like Isiah because he played in a bigger market, the championships, scoring, cockiness, the smile. There's a real argument to make for either one, but I thought John always fit the mold better for what a point guard should be trying to do which is to run the team. Isiah did that, but since he had the ball a lot, he also chose to shoot it a lot too. Horses for courses.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 09:05 PM
No doubt, I know you do.

I've seen you make lists and break them down, I don't think many people understand that you've had many debates and tweaked your lists if you missed something the first time around.

Also, its easy to rank Kobe high because he's fresh in our memory (since his ranking caused the most commotion).

But we forget how great some of these players were.

I think people should go watch some old games and see that MJ wasn't the first or the only to do reverse layups, Magic wasn't the first or only to dish out no look dimes, Nate wasn't the only short dunker, Kobe wasn't the only to hit shots over defenders, Bron isn't the first person that big that had similar athletic abilities etc.etc.
Man, that's so true. Everything you typed is so freakin true. A fan who isn't into looking at all-time greats would say, "get with the program, stop living in the past". For me it's fun to be a fan of the all-time history of the game.

By the way, I updated my website:

Breakdown of players 1-25: http://www.hoopsfans101.netau.net/1_13_Top-25-all-time-players.html
Breakdown of players 26-50: http://www.hoopsfans101.netau.net/1_14_All-time-players-26-50-.html

Also updated my first post.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 09:06 PM
Huh..? weird... I went to your list, but it didn't have JUST the names... It showed names and then the descriptions. I went to two pages... and didn't see Stockton.. I checked 3 times... Now I can't duplicate what I did...

Yeah, Stockton and Isiah is always a heated discussion... I take John first, but many take Isiah... Most people like Isiah because he played in a bigger market, the championships, scoring, cockiness, the smile. There's a real argument to make for either one, but I thought John always fit the mold better for what a point guard should be trying to do which is to run the team. Isiah did that, but since he had the ball a lot, he also chose to shoot it a lot too. Horses for courses.
I just updated the website, that's why. My bad.

Jacks3
06-16-2009, 09:12 PM
Oscar Roberston
Karl Malone
Moses Malone
Jerry West
Bob Pettit
Charles Barkley
David Robinson Kevin Garnett

Kobe has a greater resume then all of them. Bull-**** list. :rolleyes:

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Oscar Roberston
Karl Malone
Moses Malone
Jerry West
Bob Pettit
Charles Barkley
David Robinson Kevin Garnett

Kobe has a greater resume then all of them. Bull-**** list. :rolleyes:
OSCAR ROBERTSON
Oscar Robertson is quite honestly the greatest all around player the game has seen. In Oscar Robertson's second year in the NBA he averaged 30.8ppg, 12.reb, 11.4ast, as he averaged a triple double for an entire season, He barely missed in four other seasons with assist averages of 9.7 and 9.5 and rebound averages of 9.9 and 9.0, if you round those years that's four seasons of averaging a triple-double, not even the great Larry Bird or Magic Johnson could do that.Oscar won a league MVP in 1964 on 47.8% shooting. Oscar had a silky smooth jumper/fadeaway and his post game is revered as the best in the history of the sport, this side of Michael Jordan. Oscar Robertson had 4 seasons at or over 11 assists per game. Oscar also had 3 seasons over 10 rebounds per game. Oscar closed out his career averaging 25.7ppg, 9.5ast, 7.5reb, and he was a 48.5% shooter for his career. Oscar Robertson didn't play on the greatest teams so his playoff numbers are a little skewed. A lot of his playoff numbers were amassed at the end of his career. In his prime Oscar averaged nearly 30 points per game on 47% shooting with nearly 9 rebounds and 10 assists per game in the playoffs during his prime.

Karl Malone
Karl Malone is probably the best power forward of all time although his greatness didn't produce any championships. Karl Malone ran into Michael Jordan's Chicago Bulls in the NBA Finals twice and Jordan's Bulls were able to shatter a ton of great players's hopes of getting a championship including Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Dominique Wilkins, and Patrick Ewing, Gary Payton, and Shawn Kemp to name a few... Malone came close but it never happened. Only Kareem scored more points in his NBA career than Karl Malone. Karl Malone finished in the top 10 in MVP voting 14 times, top five of the MVP Voting 9 times, top 3 in MVP voting 5 times. Karl Malone did win 2 league MVPs.

Moses Malone
Moses Malone averaged a double-double for 15 straight seasons which is more than Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell and Kareem. Moses Malone led his team to a championship in 1983. Moses Malone won the league MVP in 1983 and the Finals MVP in 1983. Moses Malone was also the league MVP in 1979 and 1982.

Jerry West
Jerry West had a great jumpshot, great defense, and he was arguably the most clutch player of his era. He is literally the face of the NBA as he is the silhouette portrayed on the league

AirJordan23
06-16-2009, 09:20 PM
The flaws:
1. Kobe too low. It seems to me that you're basing your list on resumes and Kobe has a better resume than about 6 guys you have above him.
2. LeBron too high. Only played 6 years in the league which boost his career averages. It's pretty obvious he'll be top 10 all time in a few years but not right now.
3. Wade too high. Big Wade fan but he should be around the 45-50 range since he has been injured a lot and not DOMINATED at a high level for several years.
4. Pippen should be higher. He's better than guys like AI, Gervin etc when you factor in defense, team success and playing in a team structure. Should be around 33.
5. You have Bruce f*cking Bowen in an honorable mention list for the top 50 players all time? Are you ****ting me? :roll:

Jacks3
06-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Yeah, and Kobe's resume is still greater.

D-Rose
06-16-2009, 09:21 PM
The flaws:
1. Kobe too low. It seems to me that you're basing your list on resumes and Kobe has a better resume than about 6 guys you have above him.
2. LeBron too high. Only played 6 years in the league which boost his career averages. It's pretty obvious he'll be top 10 all time in a few years but not right now.
3. Wade too high. Big Wade fan but he should be around the 45-50 range since he has been injured a lot and not DOMINATED at a high level for several years.
4. Pippen should be higher. He's better than guys like AI, Gervin etc when you factor in defense, team success and playing in a team structure. Should be around 33.
5. You have Bruce f*cking Bowen in an honorable mention list for the top 50 players all time? Are you ****ting me? :roll:
This :roll: :roll:

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 09:24 PM
The flaws:
To answer 1-4, it's your opinion. I spent over a year on my list and I feel that the guys over Kobe have resumes that are superior. He could pass up KG at the end of next year, moving him up to 17 and if he wins a league MVP next year Kobe moves up to 16 for me. I'm not over-rating or under-rating anyone. I already pointed out why LeBron is a top 20 player of all time in this thread if you look back about a page.

To respond to #5:
I also have Andre Miller in there who led the league in assists one year, Bowen is clearly one of this era's most well respected defenders. I probably should have put Shane Battier on there, and probably will if he keeps playing defense like that for another year or so. The Honorable mention list is not as hardcore as my top 50 list. I could have added about another 150 players to that list, but I didn't. It's not as though I'm trying to imply that Bruce Bowen is anywhere near even a top 200 player of all time. Just a good solid defender who deserves credit for his defense from his prime. Just look at Dikembe Mutumbo, he wasn't a great offensive player but he's well respected for what he did on defense. Same applies for Ben Wallace. To me Bruce Bowen is that type of player, on a lesser level, at a different position.

catch24
06-16-2009, 09:44 PM
I can see you took time into this, so I want to say great job firstly. Secondly, I agree with almost everything on your list..except:

Kobe should be at worst a top 15 player. I have him in my top 10, but that's just me. His accolades, skill, accomplisments, honors, stats, dominance, leadership is why he's up that high - my opinion, again.

You had LeBron at #20, while many disagree, I don't. His performance these playoffs from a statline standpoint are Jordanesque. Dude put up a +30per for a season...He's an amazing dominant all around player who by the end of the day will be top 5 of all time.

catch24
06-16-2009, 09:52 PM
My personal top 10: - may not be accurate, but what I feel

1. Jordan - resume speaks for itself
2. Hakeem Olajuwon
3. Wilt Chamberlain
4. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
5. Magic Johnson
6. Larry Bird
7. Shaq O'neal
8. Bill Russel
9. Oscar Robertson
10. Kobe Bryant - 10A Dr. J - Julius Erving

Meticode
06-16-2009, 09:54 PM
arguably top 5?

please name these other 4 point guards outside of magic that were better than him?

I said arguably to be safe. Sometimes you have haters here that will flip out on you.

Butters
06-16-2009, 09:54 PM
I agree somewhat,now looking at it more.

But,come on now,LeBron at 20th and Kobe at 18th,really?

Career vs Career LeBron james is only 2 back of Kobe?Your list,your rules.

I don't see it.

D-Rose
06-16-2009, 09:55 PM

2. Hakeem Olajuwon
3. Wilt Chamberlain
4. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
5. Magic Johnson
6. Larry Bird
7. Shaq O'neal
8. Bill Russel
9. Oscar Robertson

Sorry but Hakeem is not better than Wilt or Kareem. Most would agree Magic and Bird are greater as well.

where's Duncan?

Meticode
06-16-2009, 09:56 PM

2. Hakeem Olajuwon
3. Wilt Chamberlain
4. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
5. Magic Johnson
6. Larry Bird
7. Shaq O'neal
8. Bill Russel
9. Oscar Robertson

I feel you rank Tim Duncan too low. Once Kobe wins another championship I'll pick Kobe over Duncan.

catch24
06-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Sorry but Hakeem is not better than Wilt or Kareem. Most would agree Magic and Bird are greater as well.

where's Duncan?

Once again, this is my list. Your opinions are irrelevant...just my personal list. You could make the case that Tim Duncan > Russel, but I haven't. I have Duncan at 11 FYI, Kobe passed him for 10.

catch24
06-16-2009, 10:00 PM
I feel you rank Tim Duncan too low. Once Kobe wins another championship I'll pick Kobe over Duncan.

Agree to disagree I guess.

Gifted Mind
06-16-2009, 10:01 PM
I sometimes consider making my own Top #50 list.

As for this one, just ridiculous.

justin43
06-16-2009, 10:01 PM

2. Hakeem Olajuwon
3. Wilt Chamberlain
4. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
5. Magic Johnson
6. Larry Bird
7. Shaq O'neal
8. Bill Russel
9. Oscar Robertson

You should take Oscar out and replace him with Duncan. Then this list should be fine.

JustinJDW
06-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Hakeem and Oscar should not be over Shaq and Timmy D. Lebron being at #20 is a joke, and Kobe should be at a much better spot than just #18. Much better spot.

catch24
06-16-2009, 10:05 PM
You should take Oscar out and replace him with Duncan. Then this list should be fine.

By the time TD retires, I probably will.

Allstar24
06-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Agendas are sad. Kobe is already a top 10 player and will become a top 5 player of all time if he wins another ring (or two) and the finals mvp next year. Deal with it.

Peter Griffin
06-16-2009, 10:08 PM
:lol :lol :lol

Folks are getting upset over his list! This list isn't a official list, its a list full of his opinions! So, ok, yeah, he let his personal love for LeBron get to his head by ranking him 20, and also let his personal hate for Bryant get to his head and have him only 2 spots ahead of LeBron (while Kobes accolades blow lebron out of the water).

LeBron has no rings, no finals mvp, 1 mvp, swept in the finals, only made one finals and is Top 20!

Love is blind, and it takes over your mind!

And Larry Bird is the GOAT!

catch24
06-16-2009, 10:09 PM

Folks are getting upset over his list! This list isn't a official list, its a list full of his opinions! So, ok, yeah, he let his personal love for LeBron get to his head by ranking him 20, and also let his personal hate for Bryant get to his head and have him only 2 spots ahead of LeBron (while Kobes accolades blow lebron out of the water).

LeBron has no rings, no finals mvp, 1 mvp, swept in the finals, only made one finals and is Top 20!

Lol nice rhyme at the end

justin43
06-16-2009, 10:14 PM
Lebron shouldn't be anywhere near the top 20.:banghead:

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Lebron shouldn't be anywhere near the top 20.:banghead:
LeBron's first 6 years in the NBA have been better than most all time great's primes. That's the difference between ranking LeBron as compared to other players, right from the start he's put up Hall of Fame performances night in and night out. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I came to my conclusions after over a year of contemplation. It wasn't like I just threw that list together. I made the best case I could for every single player, including Kobe, and I took LeBron's faults and shortcomings into mind as well. When you think about the fact that it took Jordan 11 seasons of playing most the year to finish top 10 in the MVP voting 10 times, and LeBron has already done that 6 times in 6 seasons, he's only 4 years away from matching a mark that Jordan posted over his entire career. I personally think a lot of people underrate LeBron because he's only 24. The type of production and level of greatness LeBron has produced in his first 6 years is the type of production you usually see during a legend's peak.

http://inside.nikebasketball.com/news/wp-content/2008/02/lebron_lg.jpg
http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/michael_jordan_main.jpg

Interesting enough, the Kobe Bryant fans seem to be the ones who are taking the biggest exception with LeBron being in the top 20. That being said, LeBron finished ahead of Mr. Bryant in MVP voting in 2004-2005, 2005-2006, and 2008-2009. So in 3 out of LeBron's first 6 years in the NBA he was able to finish ahead of Kobe in MVP voting, despite Kobe being in his prime, and LeBron still hasn't even turned 25 years old yet. Do you people understand how good he is?

Peter Griffin
06-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Interesting enough, the Kobe Bryant fans seem to be the ones who are taking the biggest exception with LeBron being in the top 20. ]

No, basically everyone has taken exception to LeBron being that high up on the list, everyone but you and your blind love for LeBron!

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 10:36 PM
No, basically everyone has taken exception to LeBron being that high up on the list, everyone but you and your blind love for LeBron!
The Kobe fans have taken exception, in fact, catch24, a huge Kobe fan, thinks it's right on....(why am I responding to a cartoon character with very limited lack of knowledge of the NBA? Only on ISH.)

I just think most fans on this board haven't taken a hard look at the history of the NBA, and even worse haven't taken a look at what LeBron James has already done in his first 6 years. Just imagine if he stays relatively healthy for another 10 years. He's gonna be knocking on Magic, Bird, Wilt, Kareem and maybe even Jordan's back door to take their spots.

catch24
06-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Interesting enough, the Kobe Bryant fans seem to be the ones who are taking the biggest exception with LeBron being in the top 20. That being said, LeBron finished ahead of Mr. Bryant in MVP voting in 2004-2005, 2005-2006, and 2008-2009. So in 3 out of LeBron's first 6 years in the NBA he was able to finish ahead of Kobe in MVP voting, despite Kobe being in his prime, and LeBron still hasn't even turned 25 years old yet. Do you people understand how good he is?

Actually it was everyone Bruce. I say he's top 20 though.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Actually it was everyone Bruce. I say he's top 20 though.
You know what catch24/mayhem8z, a lot of fans are slow to the facts in sports, except one sport: baseball. Baseball fans are generally the most intelligent fans in the sports world. I hate baseball though. Anyways, look at Tiger Woods, within 3-5 years they already had him ranked as a top 5-10 golfer of all time, golf has a rich history from Jack all the way to Sam Sneed (I'm by no means a golf savant, just saying though.)

catch24
06-16-2009, 10:42 PM
You know what catch24/mayhem8z, a lot of fans are slow to the facts in sports, except one sport: baseball. Baseball fans are generally the most intelligent fans in the sports world. I hate baseball though. Anyways, look at Tiger Woods, within 3-5 years they already had him ranked as a top 5-10 golfer of all time, golf has a rich history from Jack all the way to Sam Sneed (I'm by no means a golf savant, just saying though.)

I see your point, and for the most part I agree..Baseball does suck other than the postseason. You hear about Sosa? That 3 seasons for 60 homers = in the past, irrelevant after the corked bat/steroids... and now he probably won't get inducted to the HOF. Sad.

D-Rose
06-16-2009, 10:46 PM
LeBron's first 6 years in the NBA have been better than most all time great's primes. That's the difference between ranking LeBron as compared to other players, right from the start he's put up Hall of Fame performances night in and night out. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I came to my conclusions after over a year of contemplation. It wasn't like I just threw that list together. I made the best case I could for every single player, including Kobe, and I took LeBron's faults and shortcomings into mind as well. When you think about the fact that it took Jordan 11 seasons of playing most the year to finish top 10 in the MVP voting 10 times, and LeBron has already done that 6 times in 6 seasons, he's only 4 years away from matching a mark that Jordan posted over his entire career. I personally think a lot of people underrate LeBron because he's only 24. The type of production and level of greatness LeBron has produced in his first 6 years is the type of production you usually see during a legend's peak.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/michael_jordan_main.jpg

No one's disagreeing with you that LeBron is a once in a million years talent. He lacks achievments though.

He has been in the league 6 years. so 4 years of great stat lines get you into the Top 20?

Him getting to the Finals was a fluke as well. He ran through a crappy Wizards and Nets team, proceeded to beat an aging Pistons team (Incredible performance) but then once he ran into a great team he couldn't even win ONE finals game?

He had a 66 win team this year. This team may not have offensive weapons but they were one of the best team defenses in the league BY FAR.

They swept the first two rounds again because the East is a joke.

Then in against a team that the Lakers beat in 5 games, the Cavs just stumbled?

People forget that the Magic-Cavs was pretty close. There were times in the series when the Cavs had enormous leads but choked them away. LeBron got his team involved when they built those leads. But as the leads trickled down, LeBron went into iso more and more, put up some great numbers but it just took away everything from his TEAM.

Sorry, I can't put a player who's played only 6 seasons in the Top 20. You say then he won MVP, Steve Nash won it twice, Dirk won it, if that's the only accomplishment LBJ has, then where the hell are those two guys?

Dirk should be higher on a list than LeBron right now. He's been to the Finals as well and choked. He has won an MVP. He has kept his team to over 50 wins every year this decade. That's a winner right there. He's arguably a better scorer than LeBron too.

Dirk

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 10:47 PM
I see your point, and for the most part I agree..Baseball does suck other than the postseason. You hear about Sosa? That 3peat for 60 homers = in the past and now he probably won't get inducted to the HOF. Sad.
He had the cork in the bat incident, and he obviously was a roids user. That being said, McGwire and Sosa were the only reason why I turned on a baseball game when they were on that magic homerun chase. They are hall of famers to me. Same with Bonds.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 10:51 PM
[QUOTE=D-Rose]No one's disagreeing with you that LeBron is a once in a million years talent. He lacks achievments though.

He has been in the league 6 years. so 4 years of great stat lines get you into the Top 20?

Him getting to the Finals was a fluke as well. He ran through a crappy Wizards and Nets team, proceeded to beat an aging Pistons team (Incredible performance) but then once he ran into a great team he couldn't even win ONE finals game?

He had a 66 win team this year. This team may not have offensive weapons but they were one of the best team defenses in the league BY FAR.

People forget that the Magic-Cavs was pretty close. There were times in the series when the Cavs had enormous leads but choked them away. LeBron got his team involved when they built those leads. But as the leads trickled down, LeBron went into iso more and more, put up some great numbers but it just took away everything from his TEAM.

Sorry, I can't put a player who's played only 6 seasons in the Top 20. You say then he won MVP, Steve Nash won it twice, Dirk won it, if that's the only accomplishment LBJ has, then where the hell are those two guys?

Dirk should be higher on a list than LeBron right now. He's been to the Finals as well and choked. He has won an MVP. He has kept his team to over 50 wins every year this decade. That's a winner right there. He's arguably a better scorer than LeBron too.

Dirk

chitownsfinest
06-16-2009, 10:54 PM
I agree somewhat,now looking at it more.

But,come on now,LeBron at 20th and Kobe at 18th,really?

Career vs Career LeBron james is only 2 back of Kobe?Your list,your rules.

I don't see it.

im not a fan of kobe cuz he's an arrogant punk and has ***** personality but if u deny his basketball skill, ur a ****ing retard...
he's top 10 player..

I love watching your Basketball Mixtapes Mr. BruceBlitz, but can you please stop hating on Kobe Bryant.

Kobe has the better NBA Career now, but LeBron would surpass him in the next decade.

Let us enjoy watching Kobe Bryant because you are also going to miss him, when he retires in the NBA.

List is all right. I feel LeBron is ranked too high at 20. He's between 30-40 for me right now. He still needs to be in the league for some years for him to jump up to me.

The flaws:

Hakeem and Oscar should not be over Shaq and Timmy D. Lebron being at #20 is a joke, and Kobe should be at a much better spot than just #18. Much better spot.
You claim that only Kobe fans are coming in here and complaining about kobe being too low and Lebron too high, yet all these people I just quoted are nothing close to being Kobe fans.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 10:57 PM
You claim that only Kobe fans are coming in here and complaining about kobe being too low and Lebron too high, yet all these people I just quoted are nothing close to being Kobe fans.
Your point? I've produced the research and evidence with my opinions. Having NBA fans say they disagree, with no preface, it doesn't remotely change my stance on my rankings. If you think that's gonna convince me to change anything, you are mistaken.

chitownsfinest
06-16-2009, 11:04 PM
As far as my opinion on your ranking is concerned, I agree with your rankings 1-5. I do believe you have Russell too high and that he shouldn't be higher then Hakeem or Shaq. He was only great on one end of the floor and had great scorers to carry the scoring load for him most of the time. He wasn't too complete of a player to be that high and since you take account of personal stats a lot, he should be penalized because his stats other then rebounding are not too great.
I also believe Oscar should not be above Duncan and Shaq either. Oscar has the stats, but he was never a winner. Duncan carried his team to a championship with a weak supporting cast in 03, while Oscar won it as the sidekick. Same reasoning goes for Shaq as he won it three times as the man. Oscar also had nowhere near the same defensive impact as Shaq and Duncan both had.
From thereon out, your list becomes a little shady but stays respectable. I disagree with Malone over Moses simply because Moses won once as the man and carried a weak ass Rockets team to the 81 finals in another year, while Karl choked both years. You might bring up Karl's stats as an indicator, but Moses was putting up mindboggling stats in the 80s and even averaged 17 boards a game one season. Moses also has more mvp's then Karl as well.
I believe Kobe should be from, at the very least, in the 12-14 range and that Lebron is ranked too high but that has already been discussed. Appreciate the love for Mikan as well.

I respect the time you put on the list overall.

chitownsfinest
06-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Your point? I've produced the research and evidence with my opinions. Having NBA fans say they disagree, with no preface, it doesn't remotely change my stance on my rankings. If you think that's gonna convince me to change anything, you are mistaken.
Only reason I brought up all the quotes was because you have stated repeatedly throughout the thread that only Kobe fans did not agree with your decisions on Kobe and Lebron but other non-Kobe fans did not agree with it either. I wasn't trying to change your opinion and was trying to correct a statement you made. That is all.

You have a right to your opinion.

D-Rose
06-16-2009, 11:08 PM
There is no doubt that Dirk is a great player and has put up a great career already. The problem is all of the times that Dirk goes into the tank on the big stage. He's become more consistent in the big game in the last couple of years but he's not a true all around player like LeBron. One of the things I've failed to bring up to this point, LeBron's also finished 2cnd in defensive player of the year voting as well.

Dirk has only finished in the top 10 in MVP voting 5 times, LeBron's accomplished that feat 6 times. That right there is case-in-point what I'm talking about.
Why does it matter if you finished in the Top 10 but didn't win it? I don't get how that's even a relative stat. Either you win the damn award or you don't.

Dirk would have better numbers if he wasn't always on a team with other scorers. LeBron has always been the primary scorer and ball handler.

Early career Dirk had Finley, Nash. Later on it was Antoine Walker, Antawn Jamison, Josh Howard, Stackhouse, Terry, Harris/Kidd.

His stats are pretty decent even though he's had to work with talented teammates.

You might say, "oh but Dirk had great teammates to work with!". The West this decade has had so many talented teams such as the Spurs, Lakers, Kings, and generally many 50 win teams. Yet, Dirk has kept his team right there.

LeBron has had less help but the competition in the East is just plain awful. He had 45 wins the year before in which a 37 win team made the playoffs.

LeBron's stats look all pretty but they will go down once he gets a real partner in crime. Put Dirk in the same situation, he has better rebounding and his scoring goes way up. Dirk averages 17 shots/game career. LBJ at 21/game.

LBJ has definetly added a defensive face to his game, but you put Scottie Pippen at 39 and he's arguably one of the best perimeter defenders ever. Scottie's assists and rebounds are close to LeBron. The only thing he lacks is the scoring, but then again he doesn't get the shots LeBron gets. Lebron averages 21 shots a game for his career, Scottie at 13. Scottie won 6 rings and was a huge reason for every damn ring, LBJ = 0 rings.

LeBron, great player. incredible talent like one we may never have seen before but he is still missing team success. 45 wins in the East? Put any other guy from the Top 20 on that Cavs team and I guarantee you there are more than 45 wins in a year where a 37 win team= playoffs :roll: :roll:

Noob Saibot
06-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Bruce, your a good poster, but your list lost all credibility when you place LeBron James in the 20th place of the best 50 NBA players of all time.

As much as i like LeBron James, i don't think he's top 20 all time material, yet!
he'll make it, just has to stay durable and on top of the competition.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 11:17 PM
Wow, just wow, at the lack of perspective with LeBron's greatness to this point in his career.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Why does it matter if you finished in the Top 10 but didn't win it? I don't get how that's even a relative stat. Either you win the damn award or you don't.

Dirk would have better numbers if he wasn't always on a team with other scorers. LeBron has always been the primary scorer and ball handler.

Early career Dirk had Finley, Nash. Later on it was Antoine Walker, Antawn Jamison, Josh Howard, Stackhouse, Terry, Harris/Kidd.

His stats are pretty decent even though he's had to work with talented teammates.

You might say, "oh but Dirk had great teammates to work with!". The West this decade has had so many talented teams such as the Spurs, Lakers, Kings, and generally many 50 win teams. Yet, Dirk has kept his team right there.

LeBron has had less help but the competition in the East is just plain awful. He had 45 wins the year before in which a 37 win team made the playoffs.

LeBron's stats look all pretty but they will go down once he gets a real partner in crime. Put Dirk in the same situation, he has better rebounding and his scoring goes way up. Dirk averages 17 shots/game career. LBJ at 21/game.

LBJ has definetly added a defensive face to his game, but you put Scottie Pippen at 39 and he's arguably one of the best perimeter defenders ever. Scottie's assists and rebounds are close to LeBron. The only thing he lacks is the scoring, but then again he doesn't get the shots LeBron gets. Lebron averages 21 shots a game for his career, Scottie at 13. Scottie won 6 rings and was a huge reason for every damn ring, LBJ = 0 rings.

LeBron, great player. incredible talent like one we may never have seen before but he is still missing team success. 45 wins in the East? Put any other guy from the Top 20 on that Cavs team and I guarantee you there are more than 45 wins in a year where a 37 win team= playoffs :roll: :roll:

I really didn't even read your post, the whole rolling heads thing just kind of shows your lack of maturity.

Read this guys:

Became the youngest player in NBA history to score 11,000 points (23 years, 324 days) and 12,000 points (24 years, 35 days) during the season.

Became the youngest player (23 years, 308 days) and fastest (395 games) to reach the following totals: 10,000 points, 2,500 rebounds, 2,500 assists, 700 steals and 300 blocks.

Scored 41 points in three of the Cavs first eight games (41 vs. Chi on Nov. 5th and 8th and 41 vs. Milwaukee on Nov. 11th), becoming the first player since Michael Jordan in 1991 to score 40-or-more in at least three of a team's first eight games of a season.
With 38 points, seven rebounds, six assists, three blocks and four steals versus Boston on Jan. 9, he became the first person reach those numbers in a game since David Robinson on March 19, 1994.

Totaled 23 points, 15 rebounds, 11 assists and three blocks versus Sacramento on Jan. 27th, posting at least those numbers in a game since Larry Bird in 1987.

Tallied 33 points, 14 rebounds and nine assists on Jan. 24th at Utah, becoming the first player to record at least those numbers in a non-overtime game since Kevin Garnett in 2004.

At Madison Square Garden on Feb. 4th, James posted 52 points, nine rebounds, 11 assists and two blocks against the Knicks. The last player to have at least those numbers in a game was Wilt Chamberlain on March 18th, 1968. He joined Michael Jordan as the only two visitors to MSG to have multiple 50-point games.

Made a 2008-09 NBA season-high tying eight three-pointers on 11 attempts on his way to a season-best 55 points at Milwaukee on Feb. 20.

Became only the 12th player in NBA history to have three consecutive triple-doubles (March 7th, 10th and 12th).

Lead the Cavaliers in total points, rebounds assists, steals and blocks. He joins Kevin Garnett (MIN - 2002), Scottie Pippen (CHI -1994) and Dave Cowens (BOS - 1977) as the only players to accomplish that feat.

Posted 43 points, 12 rebounds, eight assists, four steals and a block versus Orlando on March 17th, joining Larry Bird in 1992 as the only players to record at least those numbers in a game.

With a PER ranking above 31.5, James is on pace to not only lead the league , but also have one of the top three seasons all-time (Michael Jordan currently owns the top four seasons: 1987-91).

Is the only active player in the NBA to have five consecutive seasons with at least 2,000 points and became just the ninth in NBA history, joining legends Kareem Abdul-Jabar, George Gervin, Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlin, Dominique Wilkins, Oscar Robertson, Alex English and Karl Malone all-time.

With his fourth season of at least 2,000 points, 500 rebounds and 500 assists, James became the 2nd player in NBA history (Oscar Robertson) to post at least those numbers in four seasons or more.

LeBron James finished March with 479 points, 152 rebounds and 143 assists. The only other player in NBA history to reach each of those totals in one month is Oscar Robertson, who did it in eight separate months, most recently in January 1965.

catch24
06-16-2009, 11:25 PM
I really didn't even read your post, the whole rolling heads thing just kind of shows your lack of maturity.

Read this guys:

Became the youngest player in NBA history to score 11,000 points (23 years, 324 days) and 12,000 points (24 years, 35 days) during the season.

Became the youngest player (23 years, 308 days) and fastest (395 games) to reach the following totals: 10,000 points, 2,500 rebounds, 2,500 assists, 700 steals and 300 blocks.

Scored 41 points in three of the Cavs first eight games (41 vs. Chi on Nov. 5th and 8th and 41 vs. Milwaukee on Nov. 11th), becoming the first player since Michael Jordan in 1991 to score 40-or-more in at least three of a team's first eight games of a season.
With 38 points, seven rebounds, six assists, three blocks and four steals versus Boston on Jan. 9, he became the first person reach those numbers in a game since David Robinson on March 19, 1994.

Totaled 23 points, 15 rebounds, 11 assists and three blocks versus Sacramento on Jan. 27th, posting at least those numbers in a game since Larry Bird in 1987.

Tallied 33 points, 14 rebounds and nine assists on Jan. 24th at Utah, becoming the first player to record at least those numbers in a non-overtime game since Kevin Garnett in 2004.

At Madison Square Garden on Feb. 4th, James posted 52 points, nine rebounds, 11 assists and two blocks against the Knicks. The last player to have at least those numbers in a game was Wilt Chamberlain on March 18th, 1968. He joined Michael Jordan as the only two visitors to MSG to have multiple 50-point games.

Made a 2008-09 NBA season-high tying eight three-pointers on 11 attempts on his way to a season-best 55 points at Milwaukee on Feb. 20.

Became only the 12th player in NBA history to have three consecutive triple-doubles (March 7th, 10th and 12th).

Lead the Cavaliers in total points, rebounds assists, steals and blocks. He joins Kevin Garnett (MIN - 2002), Scottie Pippen (CHI -1994) and Dave Cowens (BOS - 1977) as the only players to accomplish that feat.

Posted 43 points, 12 rebounds, eight assists, four steals and a block versus Orlando on March 17th, joining Larry Bird in 1992 as the only players to record at least those numbers in a game.

With a PER ranking above 31.5, James is on pace to not only lead the league , but also have one of the top three seasons all-time (Michael Jordan currently owns the top four seasons: 1987-91).

Is the only active player in the NBA to have five consecutive seasons with at least 2,000 points and became just the ninth in NBA history, joining legends Kareem Abdul-Jabar, George Gervin, Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlin, Dominique Wilkins, Oscar Robertson, Alex English and Karl Malone all-time.

With his fourth season of at least 2,000 points, 500 rebounds and 500 assists, James became the 2nd player in NBA history (Oscar Robertson) to post at least those numbers in four seasons or more.

LeBron James finished March with 479 points, 152 rebounds and 143 assists. The only other player in NBA history to reach each of those totals in one month is Oscar Robertson, who did it in eight separate months, most recently in January 1965.

You're spot on with Drose. Me and you have our differences but ^ is why I have him at #20 as well. Everyone should view what you posted about Tiger, maybe then they'll "see"...

Wasn't Jordan already considered "GOAT" to some a year or two prior to winning a ring? :confusedshrug:

Noob Saibot
06-16-2009, 11:25 PM
Wow, just wow, at the lack of perspective with LeBron's greatness to this point in his career.

^i do believe LeBron is top 50 material already, for me he's in the 30s.

KenneBell
06-16-2009, 11:28 PM
LMAO :roll:

Peter Griffin
06-16-2009, 11:29 PM
^i do believe LeBron is top 50 material already, for me he's in the 30s.

Thats the point, its too early to put him in the top 20 and he hasn't done alot to be at 20! Finishing in the top 10 in MVP voting is a accolade??!!:wtf:

Will he be top 20 All-Time soon in a few years? Yes, but not at this point! Love is blind!

D-Rose
06-16-2009, 11:29 PM
You're spot on with Drose. Me and you have our differences but ^ is why I have him at #20 as well. Everyone should view what you posted about Tiger, maybe then they'll "see"...

Wasn't Jordan already considered "GOAT" to some a year or two prior to winning a ring? :confusedshrug:
He might have been considered GOAT talent but not there. He was considered GOAT by many after his first retirement.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 11:30 PM

Apparently the kiddie brigade doesn't get it man.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 11:31 PM
He might have been considered GOAT talent but not there. He was considered GOAT by many after his first retirement.
Being a Jordan fan before and after Jordan's career here, I can tell you first hand that there was this talk about Jordan before he even won a championship. The talk was 'when he beats the Pistons'..... yadda yadda

DonDadda59
06-16-2009, 11:31 PM

I don't think it's that people don't recognize his greatness, more so that he's only 24 and played 6 seasons. He has accomplished a lot but his body of work hasn't warranted a spot in the top 40 let alone the top 20. It would be like placing Chris Paul in the top 5 best all time PG discussion- he has the talent to accomplish this, but it'd be very premature to proclaim him as such before he's really accomplished a fraction of what he needs to be mentioned in that upper echelon.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 11:36 PM
I don't think it's that people don't recognize his greatness, more so that he's only 24 and played 6 seasons. He has accomplished a lot but his body of work hasn't warranted a spot in the top 40 let alone the top 20. It would be like placing Chris Paul in the top 5 best all time PG discussion- he has the talent to accomplish this, but it'd be very premature to proclaim him as such before he's really accomplished a fraction of what he needs to be mentioned in that upper echelon.
No, it wouldn't be "like putting Chris Paul in the top 5 pg's of all time". Absolutely terrible comparison.

It's the age thing, and the fact that he's only played 6 seasons, people aren't looking at what he did in those 6 seasons. I'm so frustrated right now, I've spelled out so many facts and only catch24 seems to get it out of the current posters in this thread.

D-Rose
06-16-2009, 11:38 PM
Ok Bruce, remember how pathetic the East was in 07-08? The Hawks made it with 37 wins as the 8th seed.

Lebron had that type of crap competition all season in the East.

He ended up with 45 wins.

Any one of these players on that Cavs team would have won more than 45 games in that dreadful conference:oldlol:

Jordan, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Russell, Hakeem, Duncan, Shaq, Oscar, Kobe, Moses, Erving, Baylor, West, Malone, Barkley, Isiah, Hondo, or Pippen.

Every single one of those players would destroy the competition in the East and win at least 53 games, becoming the 3rd seed. The greatness of the players above against the complete pathetic competition in that conference would really show.

That's why LeBron hasn't proved enough to be in the Top 20. Put him Top 50 sure, but if you haven't won anything other than the MVP and have some nice stats, you aren't Top 20.

I'd put Allen Iverson ahead of LeBron right now. Both lost in the Finals. Both went to the Finals with little help. Iverson is a better scorer. Iverson is on more all-time scoring lists. Iverson has also won an MVP. Iverson has had more all-star appearances.

LeBron just doesn't have the longevity yet to be Top 20.

Roundball_Rock
06-16-2009, 11:39 PM

Peter Griffin, are you trying to say Bird is the word? :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoO4C13jtSE

Lebron shouldn't be anywhere near the top 20.
LeBron's first 6 years in the NBA have been better than most all time great's primes. That's the difference between ranking LeBron as compared to other players, right from the start he's put up Hall of Fame performances night in and night out.

Sincerely,

Grant Hill

Good post. Repped. :applause:

. The problem is all of the times that Dirk goes into the tank on the big stage.

Like Lebron in the finals? :roll:

Dirk has only finished in the top 10 in MVP voting 5 times, LeBron's accomplished that feat 6 times.

One is the centerpiece of the NBA's business plan, the other is barely a blip on the screen. Of course Lebron will be in the top 10 every year.

people aren't looking at what he did in those 6 seasons.

We are: 0 rings, even with a 66 win team.

catch24
06-16-2009, 11:40 PM

Not just talent, but at everything other than rings. Trust me I've seen interviews with players and coaches placing him with the prestige of GOAT's prior to the rings. Was not considered the greatest player in NBA history just based on offensive statistics and "no rings", he was considered the greatest for the other reasons such as his killer instinct on the court, his non-fear of taking the last shot, and for his defense. He was destroying other's peoples resumes. Not saying I agree, but I've seen it.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 11:40 PM
Ok Bruce,
Your argument is so weak, I'm done reading this garbage. I don't respect your angle one bit.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 11:41 PM
Peter Griffin, are you trying to say Bird is the word? :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoO4C13jtSE

Sincerely,

Grant Hill

Good post. Repped. :applause:

Like Lebron in the finals? :roll:

One is the centerpiece of the NBA's business plan, the other is barely a blip on the screen. Of course Lebron will be in the top 10 every year.

We are: 0 rings, even with a 66 win team.
You are such a Kobe lover it's pathetic. You are comparing the way LeBron played against the Spurs defense, who double and tripled him the entire series daring his teammates to the way Dirk choked against the Heat "defense". You are so pathetic, it's beyond being describeable.

catch24
06-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Your argument is so weak, I'm done reading this garbage. I don't respect your angle one bit.

Bruce you were in Chicago during Jordan's "peak". Was he not considered with the likes of Bird and Magic prior to the titles?

chitownsfinest
06-16-2009, 11:43 PM
Not just talent, but at everything other than rings. Trust me I've seen interviews with players and coaches placing him with the prestige of GOAT's prior to the rings. Was not considered the greatest player in NBA history just based on offensive statistics and "no rings", he was considered the greatest for the other reasons such as his killer instinct on the court, his non-fear of taking the last shot, and for his defense. He was destroying other's peoples resumes. Not saying I agree, but I've seen it.
Magic considered him GOAT by 93 but I believe he solidified himself as the GOAT in 97.

D-Rose
06-16-2009, 11:43 PM
That means you have no rebuttal to my argument.

Putting LBJ so high is just premature, give it some time, he's easily as talented as anyone in the Top 10.

chitownsfinest
06-16-2009, 11:44 PM
Bruce you were in Chicago during Jordan's "peak". Was he not considered with the likes of Bird and Magic prior to the titles?
Bird made the "God Disquised as Michael" quote which can be interpreted as him calling Jordan the GOAT but that was back in Jordans second season and he also said Jordan was among the top 3 ever in the 98 ECF.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 11:45 PM
Ah yes, it's always so annoying when you look back in a thread and notice that your own posts are the only ones that contain substance and aren't filled with agendas. The Kobe apostles make me sick as a fan. Where's SirCharles when you need him? I'd like to see his take on my list. Dude is a great numbers cruncher....

catch24
Magic considered him GOAT by 93 but I believe he solidified himself as the GOAT in 97.

yeah I've heard the audio. I agree with calling him GOAT after '97 too.

Noob Saibot
No, it wouldn't be "like putting Chris Paul in the top 5 pg's of all time". Absolutely terrible comparison.

It's the age thing, and the fact that he's only played 6 seasons, people aren't looking at what he did in those 6 seasons. I'm so frustrated right now, I've spelled out so many facts and only catch24 seems to get it out of the current posters in this thread.

^As each season goes by, if LeBron pads up over 30/7/7. He'll eventually get in the the top 20, top 10 discussion. When it's all said and done he'll will definitely reach top 5, with the likes of MJ, Magic, Russell, Wilt, Kareem, etc.

If he's gets a ring next season, or goes bonkers for another 4 years, king james will enter the top 15 or top 10 category.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 11:46 PM

Yes, and the notion was "when will they finally get Jordan his McHale/Parish or his James Worthy/Kareem? Similar to the out-cry for LeBron to get his "Gasol" type thing.

DonDadda59
06-16-2009, 11:47 PM

It just seems hypocritical on your part. You, myself, and many others have gotten on the case of Kobe homers who claim Kobe=Jordan or worse, Kobe>Jordan. And besides other glaring factors, the main knock against them is Kobe hasn't accomplished anywhere near what Jordan did, so they're not equals, not at the same level. So how can you make a case for Lebron if he hasn't accomplished even a fraction of what guys like Havlicek, Stockton, Dr J, Cousy, Thomas, and even Kobe have?

D-Rose
06-16-2009, 11:48 PM
Ok Bruce, remember how pathetic the East was in 07-08? The Hawks made it with 37 wins as the 8th seed.

Lebron had that type of crap competition all season in the East.

He ended up with 45 wins.

Any one of these players on that Cavs team would have won more than 45 games in that dreadful conference:oldlol:

Jordan, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Russell, Hakeem, Duncan, Shaq, Oscar, Kobe, Moses, Erving, Baylor, West, Malone, Barkley, Isiah, Hondo, or Pippen.

Every single one of those players would destroy the competition in the East and win at least 53 games, becoming the 3rd seed. The greatness of the players above against the complete pathetic competition in that conference would really show.

That's why LeBron hasn't proved enough to be in the Top 20. Put him Top 50 sure, but if you haven't won anything other than the MVP and have some nice stats, you aren't Top 20.

I'd put Allen Iverson ahead of LeBron right now. Both lost in the Finals. Both went to the Finals with little help. Iverson is a better scorer. Iverson is on more all-time scoring lists. Iverson has also won an MVP. Iverson has had more all-star appearances.

LeBron just doesn't have the longevity yet to be Top 20.
Waiting for an explanation....

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 11:49 PM
catch24... we don't agree on everything but I congratulate you on keeping an open mind with my presentation of these facts. Great job. Other than that, reading the rest of these posts is giving me a headache. I feel like I'm debating with my brother's 7 year old son when I post opinions back and forth with them. Time for me to dip out.....

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 11:50 PM
Waiting for an explanation....
You could be waiting for a long time because you didn't even dignify the evidence I presented. So shove off, I'm done with you junior.

catch24
06-16-2009, 11:51 PM
catch24... we don't agree on everything but I congratulate you on keeping an open mind with my presentation of these facts. Great job. Other than that, reading the rest of these posts is giving me a headache. I feel like I'm debating with my brother's 7 year old son when I post opinions back and forth with them. Time for me to dip out.....

Dude, it's all opinions vs opinions after the top 10. Don't get too upset, I can see why people don't have him at #20, but also strongly disagree and feel he definitely is. Not everyone will agree with you, it happens.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 11:52 PM
It just seems hypocritical on your part. You, myself, and many others have gotten on the case of Kobe homers who claim Kobe=Jordan or worse, Kobe>Jordan. And besides other glaring factors, the main knock against them is Kobe hasn't accomplished anywhere near what Jordan did, so they're not equals, not at the same level. So how can you make a case for Lebron if he hasn't accomplished even a fraction of what guys like Havlicek, Stockton, Dr J, Cousy, Thomas, and even Kobe have?

The Kobe fans have taken exception, in fact, catch24, a huge Kobe fan, thinks it's right on....(why am I responding to a cartoon character with very limited lack of knowledge of the NBA? Only on ISH.)

I just think most fans on this board haven't taken a hard look at the history of the NBA, and even worse haven't taken a look at what LeBron James has already done in his first 6 years. Just imagine if he stays relatively healthy for another 10 years. He's gonna be knocking on Magic, Bird, Wilt, Kareem and maybe even Jordan's back door to take their spots.

There is no doubt that Dirk is a great player and has put up a great career already. The problem is all of the times that Dirk goes into the tank on the big stage. He's become more consistent in the big game in the last couple of years but he's not a true all around player like LeBron. One of the things I've failed to bring up to this point, LeBron's also finished 2cnd in defensive player of the year voting as well.

Dirk has only finished in the top 10 in MVP voting 5 times, LeBron's accomplished that feat 6 times. That right there is case-in-point what I'm talking about.

Read this guys:

Now read. I'm done with you people.

D-Rose
06-16-2009, 11:53 PM
You could be waiting for a long time because you didn't even dignify the evidence I presented. So shove off, I'm done with you junior.
DonDadda is so damn right, you're a hypocrite.

You always always always make sure to point out what Jordan has accomplished over Kobe but now you put a guy that has won nothing in the Top 20 players of all time:wtf: He hasn't done more than Julius, Moses, Pippen, Barkley, Malone, Stockton,Baylor,West, Cousy, Mikan, Hondo, etc in that range of players.

bruceblitz
Dude, it's all opinions vs opinions after the top 10. Don't get too upset, I can see why people don't have him at #20, but also strongly disagree and feel he definitely is. Not everyone will agree with you, it happens.
Oh believe me, I know. It's when "people" don't even dignify the evidence you present and they resort to a politics type response and nothing but diminishing. Later bro.

KenneBell
So how can you make a case for Lebron if he hasn't accomplished even a fraction of what guys like Havlicek, Stockton, Dr J, Cousy, Thomas, and even Kobe have?
Answer it.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 11:54 PM

You always always always make sure to point out what Jordan has accomplished over Kobe but now you put a guy that has won nothing in the Top 20 players of all time:wtf: He hasn't done more than Julius, Moses, Pippen, Barkley, Malone, Stockton,Baylor,West, Cousy, Mikan, Hondo, etc in that range of players.
Again, you are a waste of time because I'm posting evidence while you post the type of material that belongs in a circus. Later.

bruceblitz
06-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Answer it.
I already did. www.HookedonPhonics.com

D-Rose
06-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Again, you are a waste of time because I'm posting evidence while you post the type of material that belongs in a circus. Later.
Ok, so your reason as to why LeBron James is a Top 20 player is because he put up so many pts and rebounds in a season?

Or he had some really nice stat line? :roll: :roll:

Youngest to whatever is irrelevant IMO, even if Kobe holds anything like that. They both came out of high school. 18 years of age, let's let some other All-time greats not go to college. I'd love to see what types of numbers Michael or Kareem could put up using that.

Numbers don't mean anything, he's the only scorer on his team, he is the best rebounder as well because it is a soft ass team. In fact, LeBron's Rebounds/Assists are matched by guys like Grant Hill, Jason Kidd, Scottie Pippen. Neither ever took as many shots as him to get 28 PPG.

A player that has never accomplished anything on the grand stage is going to be a Top 20 player all-time:rolleyes: :hammerhead:

lbj23clutch
06-17-2009, 12:04 AM
Kobe is top 10 alltime, whether you like it or not bruce.

end/

DonDadda59
06-17-2009, 12:13 AM
Lebron James
1 League MVP
All Rookie First Team
3 All NBA First Team
2 All NBA Second Team
1 All NBA Defensive First Team
12,993 Total Pts (167th all time)

Lebron=the best player in the league, the present and future of the NBA... but his resume is not YET one of a top 20 player all time. His talent is all time elite status, his accomplishments in his first 6 years are remarkable. He WILL be in the uper echelon in a few years. But it's just horribly misguided and incredibly disrespectful to the players who have the pedigree and accomplishments. John Stockton is the all time leader in assists and steals, Lebron is 167th on the all time scoring list but Lebron has the resume to leap frog him ALREADY? Your logic is incredibly flawed here, borderline homerism.

D-Rose
06-17-2009, 12:14 AM
Lebron James
1 League MVP
All Rookie First Team
3 All NBA First Team
2 All NBA Second Team

Lebron=the best player in the league, the present and future of the NBA... but his resume is not YET one of a top 20 player all time. His talent is all time elite status, his accomplishments in his first 6 years are remarkable. He WILL be in the uper echelon in a few years. But it's just horribly misguided and incredibly disrespectful to the players who have the pedigree and accomplishments. John Stockton is the all time leader in assists and steals, Lebron is 167th on the all time scoring list but Lebron has the resume to leap frog him ALREADY? Your logic is incredibly flawed here, borderline homerism.
:applause:

lbj23clutch
06-17-2009, 12:15 AM
Lebron James
1 League MVP
All Rookie First Team
3 All NBA First Team
2 All NBA Second Team

:applause: Exactly Lebron has the potential to be top 5 alltime when its all said and done, but right now his resume isn't good enough.

thejumpa
06-17-2009, 12:16 AM
Wait, somebody put Lebron James in the Top 20? Who?

D-Rose
06-17-2009, 12:17 AM
Wait, somebody put Lebron James in the Top 20? Who?
Bruce obviously.

branslowski
06-17-2009, 12:19 AM
Man did Bruce Fail with some things on this list....First thing, I appreciate LeBron's game, aswell as I feel that he may be the GOAT when it's all set and done, but...6 Years into his career, not winning anything, not a measurable amont of Accolades, and he's a top 20 All-Time player? Not saying that he won't be, but I feel Bruce should give it some time....

And you know like I know, that Kobe should be higher than 18th, but im not really upset with what you said because I already know your feelings on Kobe, so your ability to judge in an unbias manner is already discredible.

Also, stop feeling yourself...Just because you say it, doesn't make it right...Basically everyone in this thread has disagreed with your positioning of LeBron James, yet you don't want to accept it.....you just get upset and and layout stats of LeBron and think you won (in your mind) but you didn't.

You overrate your insight for the game aswell...Savant my ass....Your nothing more than a MJ Fanboy with a essay of never read Copy and Paste reason's why MJ is the GOAT (When no one thinks otherwise) and a massive Trollish Hatred of Kobe Bryant in which resulting in multiple bans (which you feel were unwarrented).

Cheers to you and your "great" insight.....(By the way, +1 for the Hard work you put into your top 50 list, much respect to that)

This is a man who knows what he is talking about!
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133695

:cheers:

branslowski
06-17-2009, 12:23 AM
Lebron James
1 League MVP
All Rookie First Team
3 All NBA First Team
2 All NBA Second Team

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Excellant Post...Repped.

Only thing your missing is a order of a Ton of Ether!:oldlol:

D-Rose
06-17-2009, 12:23 AM
The Lakers fans who are cheering for the Magic are retards. If I was a Lakers fan I would want to face the Cavs but they are blinded by their hate for LeBron, they just want to see LeBron's team fail even though he's the only player in NBA history to put up 40+ 8+ 8+ in a series, which he's doing so far in this series. Should be cheering for the Cavs. IF the Magic close this series out, which it looks inevitable, you guys will get what you wished for. Be careful what you wish for.

-Lakers suck at defending the pick n roll, the Magic are great at getting open 3 point shots off a high screen

-Lakers will not have an answer for Dwight Howard

-Lakers bigs will be neutralized by Dwight

The Magic will crush the Lakers if LeBron doesn't pull a historic performance to bring the Cavs back in this one (cavs are down by 15 points in the first half as I type this)

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

catch24
06-17-2009, 12:31 AM
The Lakers fans who are cheering for the Magic are retards. If I was a Lakers fan I would want to face the Cavs but they are blinded by their hate for LeBron, they just want to see LeBron's team fail even though he's the only player in NBA history to put up 40+ 8+ 8+ in a series, which he's doing so far in this series. Should be cheering for the Cavs. IF the Magic close this series out, which it looks inevitable, you guys will get what you wished for. Be careful what you wish for.

-Lakers suck at defending the pick n roll, the Magic are great at getting open 3 point shots off a high screen

-Lakers will not have an answer for Dwight Howard

-Lakers bigs will be neutralized by Dwight

The Magic will crush the Lakers if LeBron doesn't pull a historic performance to bring the Cavs back in this one (cavs are down by 15 points in the first half as I type this)

Still cannot believe Bruce with that pred.. No offense but...rofl!

catch24
06-17-2009, 12:42 AM
I wonder where some of you will rank LeBron "IF" he wins that ever so needed title.

Roundball_Rock
06-17-2009, 01:36 AM

:applause: Blitz has been, as he likes to say, EXPOSED! :D

I wonder where some of you will rank LeBron "IF" he wins that ever so needed title.

Look at everyone's top 10 lists, look at the Slam top 50, the ISH 100. No one makes the top 10 without a ring. This is why Karl Malone never cracks the top 10. If he had a championship he would easily be above Hakeem.

As to your question, it depends on when he does it. Cumulative achievement matters. This is why no one ever places Grant Hill in their top 50, even though his first 6-7 seasons were fantastic. If Lebron wins a title next season he probably makes it to the top 30.

john_d
06-17-2009, 01:50 AM
i don't really care much where u put kobe... he could be #49... that's ur opinion/bias.

i have a problem putting a guy hasn't won anything but PER titles... can be in the greatest top 50 ( top 20 )... so if he wins a title next year.. he is going to be top 5?

lebron is good but he is not jesus.

How about this. We all wait for Lebron to HIT his ceiling and then we can reevaluate.

Chalkmaze
06-17-2009, 02:04 AM
I get Bruce's point, and get everyone else's point... I'm not gonna take sides, but will draw up an imaginary situation just for debate purposes.

Let's say a rookie player comes into the league named Bob... Bob is the most awesome player anyone has ever seen. By the end of the season, Bob's crappy team wins a championship all because of Bob. Bob averages 46 ppg, 22 rebounds, 17 assists, and 6 block shots a game. Bob even breaks Wilt's record and scores 104 points one game, and ties Wilt's record of 50 rebounds in a game. Bob gets MVP, Rookie of the year, Defensive Player of the Year and Finals MVP and his team swept everyone in the playoffs.

After the season Bob slips in the tub and becomes permanantly paralysed for the rest of his life and never plays basketball again.

Is Bob the greatest player to ever play in the NBA? GOAT... #1... Or does Bob even crack the top 50, since he only played one season?

D-Rose
06-17-2009, 02:09 AM
I get Bruce's point, and get everyone else's point... I'm not gonna take sides, but will draw up an imaginary situation just for debate purposes.

Let's say a rookie player comes into the league named Bob... Bob is the most awesome player anyone has ever seen. By the end of the season, Bob's crappy team wins a championship all because of Bob. Bob averages 46 ppg, 22 rebounds, 17 assists, and 6 block shots a game. Bob even breaks Wilt's record and scores 104 points one game, and ties Wilt's record of 50 rebounds in a game. Bob gets MVP, Rookie of the year, Defensive Player of the Year and Finals MVP and his team swept everyone in the playoffs.

After the season Bob slips in the tub and becomes permanantly paralysed for the rest of his life and never plays basketball again.

Is Bob the greatest player to ever play in the NBA? GOAT... #1... Or does Bob even crack the top 50, since he only played one season?
Not sure if you could have made this more unrealistic.

Though obviously Bob would be Top 50, averaging 46/22/17/6 is absurd. All of those awards and the title is easily top 50. Though is the dude is paralyzed he can't be GOAT because it's only one season.

If Bob is supposed to represent LeBron's achievments in any way then GTFO :oldlol:

Chalkmaze
06-17-2009, 02:11 AM
Not sure if you could have made this more unrealistic.

Though obviously Bob would be Top 50, averaging 46/22/17/6 is absurd. All of those awards and the title is easily top 50. Though is the dude is paralyzed he can't be GOAT because it's only one season.

If Bob is supposed to represent LeBron's achievments in any way then GTFO :oldlol:

It was made unrealistic on purpose... No, it's not suppost to directly relate to Lebron either.

john_d
06-17-2009, 02:14 AM

Bob is what you would call.. couldhav-shouldhav-wouldhav...

and yes he doesn't get into the top 50

Chalkmaze
06-17-2009, 02:18 AM
Bob is what you would call.. couldhav-shouldhav-wouldhav...

and yes he doesn't get into the top 50

So if I ask you who's the better player... Bob or Patrick Ewing... You're going to laugh and tell me that Ewing was clearly better than Bob?

I don't know... Bob's the best player I ever saw play basketball by a long shot, I respect all Ewing did, but I can't say he was better than Bob.

RoseCity07
06-17-2009, 02:20 AM
I wonder if Brandon Roy will ever make that honorable mention list lol.

Really glad slam put Elvin Hayes on there. That guy never gets enough praise.

sirkeelma
06-17-2009, 02:39 AM
Did i miss ANTOINE WALKER on the honorable mention list?

Sir Charles
06-17-2009, 03:20 AM
(1-20)

(21-50)

Over 30 years of research and knowledge goes into this. I worked on my list for over a year.

Actual list:
1 Michael Jordan
2 Kareem Abdul Jabbar
3 Wilt Chamberlain
4 Magic Johnson
5 Larry Bird
6 Bill Russell
7 Hakem Olajuwon
8 Oscar Robertson
9 Shaquille O'Neal
10 Tim Duncan
11 Karl Malone
12 Moses Malone
13 Jerry West
14 Bob Pettit
15 Charles Barkley
16 David Robinson
17 Kevin Garnett
18 Kobe Bryant
19 George Mikan
20 LeBron James
21 Dr J
22 Bob Cousy
23 Elgin Baylor
24 John Havlicek
25 John Stockton
26 Clyde Drexler
27 Rick Barry
28 Isiah Thomas
29 Dirk Nowitzki
30 Gary Payton
31 Dwyane Wade
32 Patrick Ewing
33 Bob McAdoo
34 Walt Frazier
35 Neil Johnston
36 George Gervin
37 Allen Iverson
38 Elvin Hayes
39 Scottie Pippen
40 Dominique Wilkins
41 Dolph Schayes
42 Jason Kidd
43 Jerry Lucas
44 Willis Reed
45 Tiny Archibald
46 Dave Cowens
47 Paul Arizin
48 Steve Nash
49 Paul Pierce
50 Walt Bellamy

Honorable mention:
Mark Aguirre
Ray Allen
Nick Anderson
Carmelo Anthony
Paul Arizin
Ron Artest
Mike Bibby
Chauncey Billups
Dave Bing
Rolando Blackman
Chris Bosh
Bruce Bowen
Don Buse
Ernie Calverley
Vince Carter
Tom Chambers
Maurice Cheeks
Terry Cummings
Billy Cunningham
Howie Dallmar
Mel Daniels
Adrian Dantley
Bob Davies
Walter Davis
Darryl Dawkins
Dave DeBusschere
Ernie DiGregorio
Joe Dumars
Mark Eaton
Sean Elliott
Dale Ellis
Alex English
Joe Fulks
Pau Gasol
Artis Gilmore
Manu Ginobli
Gail Goodrich
Hal Greer
Cliff Hagan
Penny Hardaway
Tim Hardaway
Ron Harper
Connie Hawkins
Spencer Haywood
Tommy Heinsohn
Grant Hill
Dwight Howard
Juwan Howard
Lou Hudson
Dan Issel
Mark Jackson
Dennis Johnson
Gus Johnson
Joe Johnson
Kevin Johnson
Larry Johnson
Marques Johnson
Neil Johnston
Bobby Jones
Sam Jones
Shawn Kemp
Jerome Kersey
Bernard King
Bill Laimbeer
Bob Lanier
Fat Lever
Ed Macauley
Jeff Malone
Danny Manning
Pistol Pete Maravich
Stephon Marbury
Shawn Marion
Cedric Maxwell
Xavier McDaniel
George McGinnis
Dick McGuire
Tracy McGrady
Vern Mikkelsen
Andre Miller
Reggie Miller
Yao Ming
Sidney Moncrief
Earl Monroe
Johnny Moore
Alonzo Mourning
Chris Mullin
Dikembe Mutumbo
Larry Nance
Norm Nixon
Jermaine O'Neal
Robert Parish
Tony Parker
Chris Paul
Chuck Person
Drazen Petrovic
Andy Phillip
Jim Pollard
Kevin Porter
Terry Porter
Mark Price
Glen Rice
Mitch Richmond
Alvin Robertson
Michael Ray Robinson
Guy Rodgers
Dennis Rodman
Tree Rollins
Ralph Sampson
Dolph Schayes
Detlef Schrempf
Bill Sharman
Jack Sikma
Rik Smits
Amare Stoudemire
Rod Strickland
Reggie Theus
David Thompson
Nate Thurmond
Rudy Tomjanovich
Jack Twyman
Wes Unseld
Norm Van Lier
Chet Walker
Ben Wallace
Rasheed Wallace
Bill Walton
Slick Watts
Chris Webber
Paul Westphal
Lenny Wilkens
Deron Williams
Kevin Willis
JoJo White
James Worthy
George Yardley
Max Zaslofsky

I could add a few more current players to the honorable mention list, but I do plan on updating my top 50 each and every off-season.

[B]I laugh when i see that....:roll: :applause: What a Fu-cken- Disgrace of a List!

Barkley owned Malone when both where in their primes and healthy from ages 22-32

(even including Barkleys injury season of 1993-94)

Out Rebounded Him!
Out Assisted Him!
Scored 55% 2-Point FG% while Malone Scored at 45% Inside (10% Less Efficient) on him pfffffffffffffff!!! (Scoring Just 2 Pts PG More on Barkley HaHa)
Shoot Less....Was More Efficent, Played Less...Was More Efficient

Barkley has the Superior Superior Stastical +/- ([COLOR="red"][U]N

Goon Time
06-17-2009, 06:56 AM
somebody else already said it in another post but this 35 year old guy talking about all his "research" is laughable. for him to be honestly ranking players he's never seen play against modern players is a joke. this guy thinks he's a basketball pundit but he's a wannabe and a loser. congrats on your ability to google search stats and accomplishments, you know nothing about basketball.

blacknapalm
06-17-2009, 07:07 AM
somebody else already said it in another post but this 35 year old guy talking about all his "research" is laughable. for him to be honestly ranking players he's never seen play against modern players is a joke. this guy thinks he's a basketball pundit but he's a wannabe and a loser. congrats on your ability to google search stats and accomplishments, you know nothing about basketball.

yes to prospectively put a list together we need to realize blocks weren't even accounted for in the 50s and 60s. we need to realize there were no combines. frankly i've been good at arithmetic since the 3rd grade. for me to see 1960-1969 player, i have to be 61 years old starting from 12 years old. i have no idea why these 61-year-olds who have written stats don't post on ISH. there is no excuse for those 70-year-olds either. maybe they got into the game late and rugby fascinated their imaginations. talk about a bunch of n00bs man. 70-year-olds account for 45% of the traffic on the internet. and at nighttime they account for 99%. watch out for these guys, they go crazy after the tylenol PM

Goon Time
06-17-2009, 07:23 AM
alls im sayin is its ridiculous for someone to say somebody is the 8th best basketball player of all time having never seen them play. all respect to the founders but speaking on them and ranking them against players today is a bubble bath laugh. selling it as such truth based on "reseach" is what makes this guy such a fake. seriously who is he trying to impress? Slam magazine is a piece of **** tho

blacknapalm
06-17-2009, 07:26 AM
alls im sayin is its ridiculous for someone to say somebody is the 8th best basketball player of all time having never seen them play. all respect to the founders but speaking on them and ranking them against players today is a bubble bath laugh. selling it as such truth based on "reseach" is what makes this guy such a fake. seriously who is he trying to impress?

you can disagree of course. everyone has their own standards. but are you really saying we can't look at stats, competition and comparative teams? who has seen entire seasons of george mikan? are you kidding me? i'll try to talk to my grandpa, but please. just because we haven't seen them doesn't mean we should downgrade or ignore them.

Goon Time
06-17-2009, 07:42 AM
you can disagree of course. everyone has their own standards. but are you really saying we can't look at stats, competition and comparative teams? who has seen entire seasons of george mikan? are you kidding me? i'll try to talk to my grandpa, but please. just because we haven't seen them doesn't mean we should downgrade or ignore them.

nor speak with self-proclaimed certainty

Samurai Swoosh
06-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Except for the fact he wasn't. What exactly was Stockton better at than Isiah Thomas besides longevity and durability? Comparing the two in terms of absolute basketball skills at their peak, this isn't even close. Plus, Zeke lead his team as the clear cut and dry leader / best player to two consecutive championships over some of the best teams of all-time.

seanlakers
06-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Bruce.

You've got LeBron two spots behind Kobe.

What has he done right now that earns him that spot? (I'm not implying he won't increase his resume in the future)

You can't just rank certain players by accomplishment and others by pedigree.

Roundball_Rock
06-17-2009, 04:56 PM
You can't just rank certain players by accomplishment and others by pedigree.

Exactly. Blitz is a hypocrite. He chides people for doing that with Kobe and then turns around and does the same thing with a player who is far, far less accomplished than Kobe.

KobeRules24
06-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Exactly. Blitz is a hypocrite. He chides people for doing that with Kobe and then turns around and does the same thing with a player who is far, far less accomplished than Kobe.

how can a player rank #20 all time (2 spots behind Kobe) with 6 seasons in the league, no titles and no finals MVP!!! this is absurd, his list has some serious issues. Seriously, when a guy like Bruce (a person with clear bias towards bryant) ranks him top 18 you know without any doubt that KB24 ranks higher.

Roundball_Rock
06-17-2009, 06:16 PM
how can a player rank #20 all time (2 spots behind Kobe) with 6 seasons in the league, no titles and no finals MVP!!! this is absurd, his list has some serious issues. Seriously, when a guy like Bruce (a person with clear bias towards bryant) ranks him top 18 you know without any doubt that KB24 ranks higher.

The only explanation is homerism.

:oldlol: good point. If blitz has Kobe 18th and Pippen 39th you know they rank much higher on legit lists. He hates these guys but knows he would lose whatever little credibility he has left if he put Kobe 35th or did not include Pippen in his top 50.

bruceblitz
06-17-2009, 09:40 PM
:D

bruceblitz
06-17-2009, 09:41 PM
(1-20)

(21-50)

Actual list:
1 Michael Jordan
2 Kareem Abdul Jabbar
3 Wilt Chamberlain
4 Magic Johnson
5 Larry Bird
6 Bill Russell
7 Hakem Olajuwon
8 Oscar Robertson
9 Shaquille O'Neal
10 Tim Duncan
11 Karl Malone
12 Moses Malone
13 Jerry West
14 Bob Pettit
15 Charles Barkley
16 David Robinson
17 Kevin Garnett
18 Kobe Bryant
19 George Mikan
20 LeBron James
21 Dr J
22 Bob Cousy
23 Elgin Baylor
24 John Havlicek
25 John Stockton
26 Clyde Drexler
27 Rick Barry
28 Isiah Thomas
29 Dirk Nowitzki
30 Gary Payton
31 Dwyane Wade
32 Patrick Ewing
33 Bob McAdoo
34 Walt Frazier
35 Neil Johnston
36 George Gervin
37 Allen Iverson
38 Elvin Hayes
39 Scottie Pippen
40 Dominique Wilkins
41 Dolph Schayes
42 Jason Kidd
43 Jerry Lucas
44 Willis Reed
45 Tiny Archibald
46 Dave Cowens
47 Paul Arizin
48 Steve Nash
49 Paul Pierce
50 Walt Bellamy

Honorable mention:
Mark Aguirre
Ray Allen
Nick Anderson
Carmelo Anthony
Paul Arizin
Ron Artest
Mike Bibby
Chauncey Billups
Dave Bing
Rolando Blackman
Chris Bosh
Bruce Bowen
Don Buse
Ernie Calverley
Vince Carter
Tom Chambers
Maurice Cheeks
Terry Cummings
Billy Cunningham
Howie Dallmar
Mel Daniels
Adrian Dantley
Bob Davies
Walter Davis
Darryl Dawkins
Dave DeBusschere
Ernie DiGregorio
Joe Dumars
Mark Eaton
Sean Elliott
Dale Ellis
Alex English
Joe Fulks
Pau Gasol
Artis Gilmore
Manu Ginobli
Gail Goodrich
Hal Greer
Cliff Hagan
Penny Hardaway
Tim Hardaway
Ron Harper
Connie Hawkins
Spencer Haywood
Tommy Heinsohn
Grant Hill
Dwight Howard
Juwan Howard
Lou Hudson
Dan Issel
Mark Jackson
Dennis Johnson
Gus Johnson
Joe Johnson
Kevin Johnson
Larry Johnson
Marques Johnson
Neil Johnston
Bobby Jones
Sam Jones
Shawn Kemp
Jerome Kersey
Bernard King
Bill Laimbeer
Bob Lanier
Fat Lever
Ed Macauley
Jeff Malone
Danny Manning
Pistol Pete Maravich
Stephon Marbury
Shawn Marion
Cedric Maxwell
Xavier McDaniel
George McGinnis
Dick McGuire
Tracy McGrady
Vern Mikkelsen
Andre Miller
Reggie Miller
Yao Ming
Sidney Moncrief
Earl Monroe
Johnny Moore
Alonzo Mourning
Chris Mullin
Dikembe Mutumbo
Larry Nance
Norm Nixon
Jermaine O'Neal
Robert Parish
Tony Parker
Chris Paul
Chuck Person
Drazen Petrovic
Andy Phillip
Jim Pollard
Kevin Porter
Terry Porter
Mark Price
Glen Rice
Mitch Richmond
Alvin Robertson
Michael Ray Robinson
Guy Rodgers
Dennis Rodman
Tree Rollins
Ralph Sampson
Dolph Schayes
Detlef Schrempf
Bill Sharman
Jack Sikma
Rik Smits
Amare Stoudemire
Rod Strickland
Reggie Theus
David Thompson
Nate Thurmond
Rudy Tomjanovich
Jack Twyman
Wes Unseld
Norm Van Lier
Chet Walker
Ben Wallace
Rasheed Wallace
Bill Walton
Slick Watts
Chris Webber
Paul Westphal
Lenny Wilkens
Deron Williams
Kevin Willis
JoJo White
James Worthy
George Yardley
Max Zaslofsky

:D :cheers:

AirJordan23
06-17-2009, 09:45 PM
BB, you need to calm down, learn how to control your emotions and take things into context. You're being exactly like Sir Charles i.e copy and paste and the typical agenda spewing BS. I enjoy watching your videos, though. You do a pretty good job at those.

Repped for the list. Seems it took you a lot of time.

bruceblitz
06-17-2009, 09:47 PM
BB, you need to calm down, learn how to control your emotions and take things into context. You're being exactly like Sir Charles i.e copy and paste and the typical agenda spewing BS. I enjoy watching your videos, though. You do a pretty good job at those.

Repped for the list. Seems it took you a lot of time.
:cheers:

Fatal9
06-17-2009, 11:09 PM
Intresting, this is bruceblitz just 2.5 months ago here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N65tPaLYVrE&feature=channel_page

Legit top 10 NBA players of all time:
Michael Jordan
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Wilt Chamberlain
Magic Johnson
Larry Bird
Bill Russell
Hakeem Olajuwon
Oscar Robertson
SHAQ O'NEAL(still playing)
TIM DUNCAN(still playing)
My proof that these ARE the top 10 NBA players of all time:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/show...

Some of the players that you may look at including in the rest of your top 15 of all time list:
Karl Malone
Dr J
Moses Malone
David Robinson
Bob Pettit
Charles Barkley
Geroge Mikan
Jerry West
Bob Cousy
Elgin Baylor
Dolph Schayes
Rick Barry
George Gervin
John Havlicek
John Stockton
Isiah Thomas
Scottie Pippen
Patrick Ewing

Pippen went from being arguable top 15 to 39 :roll:

Check out that video from 6:30 onwards...

"When you try to throw in Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade and Lebron James in this group of elite players....to me that is ridiculous"

"You don't make that comparison until Lebron wins multiple finals MVPs, leads teams to several championships and things of that nature"

Looks like you could use your own advice :roll:

D-Rose
06-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Intresting, this is bruceblitz just 2.5 months ago here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N65tPaLYVrE&feature=channel_page

Michael Jordan
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Wilt Chamberlain
Magic Johnson
Larry Bird
Bill Russell
Hakeem Olajuwon
Oscar Robertson

Some of the players that you may look at including in the rest of your top 15 of all time list:
Karl Malone
Dr J
Moses Malone
David Robinson
Bob Pettit
Charles Barkley
Geroge Mikan
Jerry West
Bob Cousy
Elgin Baylor
Dolph Schayes
Rick Barry
George Gervin
John Havlicek
John Stockton
Isiah Thomas
Scottie Pippen
Patrick Ewing

"When you try to throw in Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade and Lebron James in this group of elite players....to me that is ridiculous"

"You don't make that comparison until Lebron wins multiple finals MVPs, leads teams to several championships and things of that nature"

EXPOSED :oldlol:

bruceblitz
06-17-2009, 11:16 PM
EXPOSED :oldlol:
Yes, exposed, neither Kobe or LeBron are in my top 15. I didn't say that I would put Pippen in my top 15, I gave a list of players that the viewers "may" want to include. I never said that "I would include".

Listening, reading and comprehension: you failed at it.

D-Rose
06-17-2009, 11:19 PM
Yes, exposed, neither Kobe or LeBron are in my top 15. I didn't say that I would put Pippen in my top 15, I gave a list of players that the viewers "may" want to include. I never said that "I would include".

Listening, reading and comprehension: you failed at it.

You weren't specific. You put LeBron in Top 20, that isn't an elite group of guys

:oldlol: GTFO you eating your own words now

bruceblitz
06-17-2009, 11:20 PM
Inside the mind of a Kobe Bryant apostle:

"He didn't rank Kobe as high as I would. He ranked a player that people keep saying is better than Kobe (LeBron) higher than I wanted him to. OK, I have an idea, let's see if I can try to diminish this any way possible because he will destroy me in a fact vs fact debate."

bruceblitz
06-17-2009, 11:21 PM

You weren't specific. You put LeBron in Top 20, that isn't an elite group of guys

:oldlol: GTFO you eating your own words now
I said they don't belong in the top 15. Which they aren't.

KenneBell
06-17-2009, 11:21 PM

Michael Jordan
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Wilt Chamberlain
Magic Johnson
Larry Bird
Bill Russell
Hakeem Olajuwon
Oscar Robertson

Karl Malone
Dr J
Moses Malone
David Robinson
Bob Pettit
Charles Barkley
Geroge Mikan
Jerry West
Bob Cousy
Elgin Baylor
Dolph Schayes
Rick Barry
George Gervin
John Havlicek
John Stockton
Isiah Thomas
Scottie Pippen
Patrick Ewing

http://mooregroup.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/ether.jpg

bruceblitz
06-17-2009, 11:22 PM
http://img.alibaba.com/photo/11772854/Poly_Carbonate_5_Gallon_Water_Bottle.jpg
Awe, the Kobe fan thinks he's done something to change my opinion. You think the diminishing routine will work. Guess what? My top 50 list has been viewed on my website over 13,000 times in 24 hours. Maybe they will see your diminishing routine on my website, oh wait, they wont. Awe, too bad.

Doranku
06-18-2009, 12:05 AM
Awe, the Kobe fan thinks he's done something to change my opinion. You think the diminishing routine will work. Guess what? My top 50 list has been viewed on my website over 13,000 times in 24 hours. Maybe they will see your diminishing routine on my website, oh wait, they wont. Awe, too bad.

That's just 13,000 more people in the world who understand what a ****ing moron you are. That makes you proud? :wtf:

bruceblitz
06-18-2009, 01:37 AM
That's just 13,000 more people in the world who understand what a ****ing moron you are. That makes you proud? :wtf:
OH, another d-bag who's mad over the Kobe ranking. What a shock! Clearly morons are able to post that type of evidence, research, and perspective.

(:cry: , Doranku has convinced me..... I should just learn how to read and write now...)

:oldlol: :D

imdaman99
06-18-2009, 01:47 AM
OH, another d-bag who's mad over the Kobe ranking. What a shock! Clearly morons are able to post that type of evidence, research, and perspective.

(:cry: , Doranku has convinced me..... I should just learn how to read and write now...)

:oldlol: :D
You argue way too much on the net. And I seriously don't think its just for sh*ts and giggles either.

bruceblitz
06-18-2009, 01:49 AM
You argue way too much on the net. And I seriously don't think its just for sh*ts and giggles either.
I'm actually working on an article right now where I present Kobe's plan to save the earth. He is obviously the most important man alive according to this message board. I figured I'd present it in the name of InsideHoops message board posters.

KempSonics
06-18-2009, 01:49 AM
Haven't went through the entire thread yet, by why is Tree Rollins listed?

bruceblitz
06-18-2009, 01:54 AM
Haven't went through the entire thread yet, by why is Tree Rollins listed?
It's merely an honorable mention list. That's not an indication that those players were anywhere near top 50 of all time status (some are, some aren't). I just compiled a list of "important" players who deserved a shout-out, aside from the top 50.

Anyways, in his prime Tree Rollins was a hell of defender, shot blocker and rebounder.

GP_20
06-18-2009, 02:00 AM
How is Kevin Johnson not Top 50?

You got PGs like Nash and Tiny Archibald above him :oldlol:

Tiny Archibald made playoffs just once in his prime. Otherwise, Tiny finished on a losing team every year besides that one.

You are telling me there are other legends, or even Top 10 in their positions, or even Top 100 players that made the playoffs just once in their prime? This is a joke right. Do you realize how ridiculously easy it is to just be in the playoffs?

All of Tiny's stats/accomplishments in his prime therefore are meaningless. What is the point of all the numbers if you don't make playoffs? Comparing Archibald to say Kevin Johnson is like comparing Granger to Melo. Both All-Star players, Granger has the better stats (which Tiny doesn't even have), but did it on a horrible team. Melo did it on a 50+ win team. So you think Granger >>> Melo too? Based on your Tiny >>> KJ?

But ultimately, a player that makes playoffs once in his prime, has no business in the Top 50. Can you name any other (even Top 100) players who have are that weak? This is what we play for, to win. If you don't make playoffs, you obviously aren't doing something right.

imdaman99
06-18-2009, 02:49 AM
I'm actually working on an article right now where I present Kobe's plan to save the earth. He is obviously the most important man alive according to this message board. I figured I'd present it in the name of InsideHoops message board posters.
Ease up man. He just won a championship and was the Finals MVP. Do you honestly expect the same threads and same thoughts to be passed around as there were after last year's Finals? Come on man, you don't need to lead the Army of One to lower everyone's thoughts of him. Even OldSchool has calmed down a bit. You won't catch him making top 15 threads leaving Kobe off it, even if that is how he feels, he definitely won't be making it after the Finals where Kobe proved his weight in gold. Seriously man, you need to lower your blood pressure a tad bit.

rfm767
06-18-2009, 03:07 AM
Lol at the first list. Anyone not considering kobe in the top 10 has serious hate-issues.

Im not an a-hole kobe fan that thinks hes was better than mj and such, but give me a break, ranks up #6-#10 easily.

rfm767
06-18-2009, 03:09 AM
besides, legends like kobe tend to climb up these lists after they retire. It's the nostalgia/retro/vintage effect.

Lamar Doom
06-18-2009, 04:41 AM
Clearly morons are able to post that type of evidence, research, and perspective.

hahahah, this guy is the biggest sh*t head on these boards. He really thinks he's a respected internet sports pundit. oh bruceblitz, what a joke.

KobeRules24
06-18-2009, 05:01 AM
hahahah, this guy is the biggest sh*t head on these boards. He really thinks he's a respected internet sports pundit. oh bruceblitz, what a joke.

That's the problem with bruce, he doesn't like to debate with posters he just tries to force his opinions at any cost. ohh and if you do not agree with everything he says be ready to be labeled a kobe apostle, a jordan hater and a homer. everyone that has commented in this thread ( the majority are not even kobe fans) agrees that lebron is not top 20 material at this point of his career and yet he insists with his agenda. i feel bad for this guy, he's not a true fan of the game.

Tha Catalyst
06-18-2009, 05:08 AM
Bruce, i honestly believe that the only people who think that KG has had a better career than kobe are you and KGs mom. Even then I'm not sure if she even really thinks that. By your thought process a DPOY award = 3 rings a finals MVP and a couple of scoring titles. Does this mean that Big Ben is actually better than Jordan?? Could be. . .:confusedshrug:

KobeRules24
06-18-2009, 05:10 AM

Michael Jordan
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Wilt Chamberlain
Magic Johnson
Larry Bird
Bill Russell
Hakeem Olajuwon
Oscar Robertson

Karl Malone
Dr J
Moses Malone
David Robinson
Bob Pettit
Charles Barkley
Geroge Mikan
Jerry West
Bob Cousy
Elgin Baylor
Dolph Schayes
Rick Barry
George Gervin
John Havlicek
John Stockton
Isiah Thomas
Scottie Pippen
Patrick Ewing

yep, he dropped pippen to 39th after he said that he could be considered a top 15 player of all time just 3 months ago....why did pippen drop to 39th so fast? agenda? do you guys remember just the other day when bruce said that pippen was overrated and that he was never, at any point of his career a top 10 player in the league? he's now trying to underrate pippen to elevate Jordan to God status, what a fanboy and then he talks about kobe apostles....he's a jordan apostle and an hypocrite.

KobeRules24
06-18-2009, 05:11 AM
Bruce, i honestly believe that the only people who think that KG has had a better career than kobe are you and KGs mom. Even then I'm not sure if she even really thinks that. By your thought process a DPOY award = 4 rings, an MVP, a finals MVP and 2 scoring titles. Does this mean that Big Ben is actually better than Jordan?? Could be. . .:confusedshrug:

fixed. :D

Tha Catalyst
06-18-2009, 05:40 AM
fixed. :D
Was trying to account for what kobe had and KG didn't. They both have MVPs for the regular season Kg has 1 title to kobes 4 = 3 rings diefference, doesnt matter though just wanted to point out his unusual theories :cheers:

KobeRules24
06-18-2009, 06:01 AM
Was trying to account for what kobe had and KG didn't. They both have MVPs for the regular season Kg has 1 title to kobes 4 = 3 rings diefference, doesnt matter though just wanted to point out his unusual theories :cheers:

ok :cheers:

Roundball_Rock
06-18-2009, 06:50 AM
yep, he dropped pippen to 39th after he said that he could be considered a top 15 player of all time just 3 months ago....why did pippen drop to 39th so fast? agenda? do you guys remember just the other day when bruce said that pippen was overrated and that he was never, at any point of his career a top 10 player in the league? he's now trying to underrate pippen to elevate Jordan to God status, what a fanboy and then he talks about kobe apostles....he's a jordan apostle and an hypocrite.

I missed that gem. That is sad, even for Bruce. :roll:

momo
06-18-2009, 08:04 AM
Dirk should be higher on a list ...He has kept his team to over 50 wins every year this decade....

That right there is just insane. With the west being so frighteningly good in this decade. Much of this thread is just useless to me, but I am glad I clicked on it, just to see this. I did not know.

Props to dirk!

bruceblitz
06-18-2009, 08:32 AM
(1-20)

(21-50)

Actual list:
1 Michael Jordan
2 Kareem Abdul Jabbar
3 Wilt Chamberlain
4 Magic Johnson
5 Larry Bird
6 Bill Russell
7 Hakem Olajuwon
8 Oscar Robertson
9 Shaquille O'Neal
10 Tim Duncan
11 Karl Malone
12 Moses Malone
13 Jerry West
14 Bob Pettit
15 Charles Barkley
16 David Robinson
17 Kevin Garnett
18 Kobe Bryant
19 George Mikan
20 LeBron James
21 Dr J
22 Bob Cousy
23 Elgin Baylor
24 John Havlicek
25 John Stockton
26 Clyde Drexler
27 Rick Barry
28 Isiah Thomas
29 Dirk Nowitzki
30 Gary Payton
31 Dwyane Wade
32 Patrick Ewing
33 Bob McAdoo
34 Walt Frazier
35 Neil Johnston
36 George Gervin
37 Allen Iverson
38 Elvin Hayes
39 Scottie Pippen
40 Dominique Wilkins
41 Dolph Schayes
42 Jason Kidd
43 Jerry Lucas
44 Willis Reed
45 Tiny Archibald
46 Dave Cowens
47 Paul Arizin
48 Steve Nash
49 Paul Pierce
50 Walt Bellamy

Honorable mention (not all the players on this list are true top 50 of all time candidates, this is just an honorable mention list that I put together):
Mark Aguirre
Ray Allen
Nick Anderson
Carmelo Anthony
Paul Arizin
Ron Artest
Mike Bibby
Chauncey Billups
Dave Bing
Rolando Blackman
Chris Bosh
Bruce Bowen
Don Buse
Ernie Calverley
Vince Carter
Tom Chambers
Maurice Cheeks
Terry Cummings
Billy Cunningham
Howie Dallmar
Mel Daniels
Adrian Dantley
Bob Davies
Walter Davis
Darryl Dawkins
Dave DeBusschere
Ernie DiGregorio
Joe Dumars
Mark Eaton
Sean Elliott
Dale Ellis
Alex English
Joe Fulks
Pau Gasol
Artis Gilmore
Manu Ginobli
Gail Goodrich
Hal Greer
Cliff Hagan
Penny Hardaway
Tim Hardaway
Ron Harper
Connie Hawkins
Spencer Haywood
Tommy Heinsohn
Grant Hill
Dwight Howard
Juwan Howard
Lou Hudson
Dan Issel
Mark Jackson
Dennis Johnson
Gus Johnson
Joe Johnson
Kevin Johnson
Larry Johnson
Marques Johnson
Neil Johnston
Bobby Jones
Sam Jones
Shawn Kemp
Jerome Kersey
Bernard King
Bill Laimbeer
Bob Lanier
Fat Lever
Ed Macauley
Jeff Malone
Danny Manning
Pistol Pete Maravich
Stephon Marbury
Shawn Marion
Cedric Maxwell
Xavier McDaniel
George McGinnis
Dick McGuire
Tracy McGrady
Vern Mikkelsen
Andre Miller
Reggie Miller
Yao Ming
Sidney Moncrief
Earl Monroe
Johnny Moore
Alonzo Mourning
Chris Mullin
Dikembe Mutumbo
Larry Nance
Norm Nixon
Jermaine O'Neal
Robert Parish
Tony Parker
Chris Paul
Chuck Person
Drazen Petrovic
Andy Phillip
Jim Pollard
Kevin Porter
Terry Porter
Mark Price
Glen Rice
Mitch Richmond
Alvin Robertson
Michael Ray Robinson
Guy Rodgers
Dennis Rodman
Tree Rollins
Ralph Sampson
Dolph Schayes
Detlef Schrempf
Bill Sharman
Jack Sikma
Rik Smits
Amare Stoudemire
Rod Strickland
Reggie Theus
David Thompson
Nate Thurmond
Rudy Tomjanovich
Jack Twyman
Wes Unseld
Norm Van Lier
Chet Walker
Ben Wallace
Rasheed Wallace
Bill Walton
Slick Watts
Chris Webber
Paul Westphal
Lenny Wilkens
Deron Williams
Kevin Willis
JoJo White
James Worthy
George Yardley
Max Zaslofsky

bump

seanlakers
06-18-2009, 08:46 AM
No need to bump the original post.

ArbitraryWater
12-19-2014, 01:16 PM
I'm just now starting to realize what a tool Bruce was :oldlol:

riseagainst
12-19-2014, 01:20 PM
I'm just now starting to realize what a tool Bruce was :oldlol:

:roll:

gts
12-19-2014, 01:22 PM
I'm just now starting to realize what a tool Bruce was :oldlol:At least you recognize your own kind

oh yeah stop bumping worthless old threads, 42 posts a day kid, go outside splash some sunshine on your face, you've got to be the palest mofo in Berlin

ArbitraryWater
12-19-2014, 01:25 PM
At least you recognize your own kind

oh yeah stop bumping worthless old threads, 42 posts a day kid, go outside splash some sunshine on your face, you've got to be the palest mofo in Berlin

Don't worry, off to doing some sick shit and celebrate the holidays in half an hour.. but anyway, what sun? I's gets dark right around 3 am... or is it pm dont know.