VS Da Bulls:
Wade 24.67ppg 4.50reb 7.17ast 44%fg
Shaq 19.83ppg 10.83reb 2.00ast 61%fg

VS New Jersey Nets:
Wade 27.60ppg 6.00reb 6.60ast 49%fg
Shaq 18.60ppg 7.20reb 2.00ast 57%fg

VS Detrot Pistons
Wade 26.67ppg 5.17reb 5.50ast 62%fg
Shaq 21.67ppg 10.50reb 0.33ast 65%fg (Shaq only had 2 assists in the 6 games)

VS Dallas Mavericks
Wade 34.67ppg 7.83reb 3.83ast 47%fg
Shaq 13.67ppg 10.17reb 2.83ast 61%fg

Wade's 42pt game 3, 36pt game 4, 43pt game 5, and 36pt game 6 turned the series around, he basically singlehandedly took the series over after the Heat went down 2-0 against the Mavs. In games 3-6 Wade averaged 39.25ppg on 51%fg.

Wade played fantastic basketball the entire playoff run, Shaq was in "past his prime" beast mode vs Chicago/Detroit.

Wade in the 06 Conference Finals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDdlEFMIA5Y

Dwyane Wade scores 17 unanswered points vs the Pistons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMQFbPbsOb4

A recap of the 2006 NBA Finals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5ha5uj9T7w

Bonus:

VS Dallas Mavericks

Compare Wade's & Shaq's performance in the finals to Kobe & Shaq's performances in the Finals:
NBA Finals production:
2000 vs Indiana Pacers
Kobe 15ppg 4rpg 4apg 36.6%FG
Shaq 38ppg 16rpg 2apg 61%FG

2001 vs Philadelphia
Kobe 24ppg 7rpg 5apg 41.5%FG
Shaq 33ppg 15rpg 4apg 57%FG

2002 vs New Jersey Nets
Kobe 26ppg 5rpg 5apg 51%FG
Shaq 36ppg 12rpg 3apg 59%FG

2004 vs Detroit
Kobe 22.6ppg 2.8rpg 4.4apg 38%FG
Shaq 26ppg 10rpg 1apg 63%FG
2004 Finals Kobe froze Shaq out of the offense, it probably would have been a better move from a team standpoint to feed the guy who's making 63% of his shots the ball more rather than have a guy shooting 38% shot-jack.

Kobe didn't out-perform Shaq once in the NBA Finals, not even close. While Wade out-performed Shaq in his championship run....

Apparently Kobe fans want me to post Kobe's regular season performances against the Mavs from that year:
February 7,2006 Kobe shot 5-22 against the Mavs

Also, in Kobe's 62 point game he had 25 free throws in 3 quarters
THAT'S RIGHT 25 FREE THROWS IN 3 QUARTERS!

What did Kobe shoot against Dallas that year?
44% from the field!

So I guess they do admit that this comparison means something now:
Kobe vs LeBron? No comparison...Just look at how the two performed against the exact same team and exact same defenders:
LeBron vs Orlando 2009 playoffs...38.5ppg 48.7%fg 8.3reb 8ast 1.16blk 1.16stl
Kobe vs Orlando 2009 playoffs..... 32.4ppg 42.9%fg 5.6reb 7.4ast 1.4blk 1.4stl

Bigsmoke
06-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Wade was better... and whats your point?

juju151111
06-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Wade was Amazing in the finals.:applause: When is the top 10 defense coming.

bruceblitz
Wade was better... and whats your point?
That's the point. It's simple and fast. Easy to see.....

Anyways this is a response to the Kobe fan who created a thread asking if Wade and a handful of other players could lead their teams to a championship, playing the way they do. Apparently he just started watching the NBA in 2007.

bruceblitz
Wade was Amazing in the finals.:applause: When is the top 10 defense coming.
Sometime today. I'm working on Kobe's list right now.

Eldrunko247
06-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Wade had miracle help from the refs in the NBA's "next MJ" agenda.

tastystaci
06-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Wade's stats were heavily inflated because of the leagues treatment of him in that playoff run. Stern was looking for the next "Jordan", and he was gonna do everything in his power to make sure Wade reached that level. You couldn't pass wind in Wade's direction without getting a foul called, much like Lebron in this years playoffs, the difference is, the Heat were almost as good as those Pistons and Mavs form '06, so Stern's influence was successful. This was a disgrace of a playoffs, I give Wade NO credit for his seemingly impressive numbers.

The guy shattered ALL records, shooting an unheard of 16+ free throws per game in the NBA Finals. An epic joke. If I wasn't such a die hard basketball fan, those playoffs would've kept me away for good.

f*ck you David Stern

juju151111
06-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Wade's stats were heavily inflated because of the leagues treatment of him in that playoff run. Stern was looking for the next "Jordan", and he was gonna do everything in his power to make sure Wade reached that level. You couldn't pass wind in Wade's direction without getting a foul called, much like Lebron in this years playoffs, the difference is, the Heat were almost as good as those Pistons and Mavs form '06, so Stern's influence was successful. This was a disgrace of a playoffs, I give Wade NO credit for his seemingly impressive numbers.

The guy shattered ALL records, shooting an unheard of 16+ free throws per game in the NBA Finals. An epic joke. If I wasn't such a die hard basketball fan, those playoffs would've kept me away for good.

f*ck you David Stern
So David drugged Dirk and his team to choke on FTs in gm 3 when do could easily won the gm.:wtf:

Slam13
He ain't called D-Whistle for nothing.

unbreakable
FGA of both players?

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 01:55 PM

f*ck you David Stern
Here's the thing you forget to factor in, Wade earned his foul calls. He was attacking the basket and there was more than enough contact to warrant every single foul call under today's rules:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2717202

95% of the fouls Wade drew were 100% legit. Go back and watch the game film.

Whenever I read someone pulling the referee card, without giving credit to all of the clutch jumpers and great plays a player made, I want to just call you the ultimate idiot. Wade earned those free throws by relentlessly attacking the basket. If your contention is that Wade wouldn't have drawn that many fouls in the Jordan era, ok, fine...

Peter Griffin
06-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Shaq was Fresh and Dominant in his Prime during the Laker years Title runs!

And he was out of his Prime and not as dominant during the Miami Heat/Ref playoff Run!

If Wade played with Shaq during his time in LA, and they somehow were to win a Title, im sure Shaq would have totally out played Wade and won the Finals MVP's!

I thought all smart people would know this?!:confusedshrug:

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Great footage and interview with Wade about the 2006 Finals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Ul3NP6tKQ

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Shaq was Fresh and Dominant in his Prime during the Laker years Title runs!

And he was out of his Prime and not as dominant during the Miami Heat/Ref playoff Run!

If Wade played with Shaq during his time in LA, and they somehow were to win a Title, im sure Shaq would have totally out played Wade and won the Finals MVP's!

I thought all smart people would know this?!:confusedshrug:
Wade would have never shot 36%, 41%, and 38% in the NBA Finals first of all. Second of all I made reference to Shaq being past his prime in the first post. You aren't needed on this forum you cartoon character. Leave.

catch24
06-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Good post Bruce. While I know Wade had great stats, Shaq was no where close to the same dominant force like so with LA (and if he was you better believe Riley was going to feed him the ball due to Dallas's frontline) nor near his prime, so #3 got to his thing. That's not taking ANYTHING away from him, he was Jordanesque and going to him that many possessions for instant scoring was smart due to his efficiency.

Fatal9
06-20-2009, 02:02 PM
:oldlol: at those who think Lebron, Kobe and Jordan don't destroy the Mavs too (the team Kobe dropped 62 in three quarters), especially if the refs were calling similar type & amount of fouls. It's a great luxury facing a team that wasn't even top 10 defensively in the finals.

tastystaci
So David drugged Dirk and his team to choke on FTs in gm 3 when do could easily won the gm.:wtf:

:roll: You guys who call Dirk a choker are such f*ckin morons. Here's game 5 of the '06 finals, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7nnMjk03b4&feature=fvw go to the 4:20 mark and see Dirk's Bird-esque 18 footer to put them up 1. Then go to the 6:30 mark and see the NBA bail Wade and the Heat out, totally ruining this clutch game winnner from Dirk. Dirk should have had a championship, Stern and his crew weren't gonna let it happen.

While your looking at that last play, watch the backcourt violation on Wade, watch the offensive foul on Wade as Terry goes into the first row, then watch Wade get bailed out as he goes 1 on 4, and Dirk gets called for a BENT ELBOW :roll: Please STFU. This is an epic hosejob, a disgrace to the NBA and it's fans.

Peter Griffin
Wade would have never shot 36%, 41%, and 38% in the NBA Finals first of all. Second of all I made reference to Shaq being past his prime in the first post. You aren't needed on this forum you cartoon character. Leave.

If Wade got less shots playing with a dominant Shaq, how do we know he wouldn't?! Look, I know this is another one of your freakin sweet strike's against Kobe, so, I really don't care!

Also, Me not banned as much as you, and not hated as much as you, so you may want to re write the whole ~not wanted~ ~leave forum~ thing!

catch24
06-20-2009, 02:03 PM
:oldlol: at those who think Lebron, Kobe and Jordan don't destroy the Mavs too (the team Kobe dropped 62 in three quarters), especially if the refs were calling similar type & amount of fouls. It's a great luxury facing a team that wasn't even top 10 defensively in the finals.

Yeah Kobe beasted on them during that '06 season..Would have been the same in the finals more than likely.

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 02:04 PM

An even better recap of the 2006 NBA Finals:

Eldrunko247
T Mac: "It looked like the Finals were fixed"

bruceblitz
Here comes the groupie dumb ass Kobe fans. You guys are hopeless romantics in love with Kobe. Give props to Wade and move the **** on.

Peter Griffin

I know, while also playing with a aged Shaq putting up Gasol like numbers! Seems we all forgot about what Bryant did against the Mavs!

tastystaci
06-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Here's the thing you forget to factor in, Wade earned his foul calls. He was attacking the basket and there was more than enough contact to warrant every single foul call under today's rules:

Whenever I read someone pulling the referee card, without giving credit to all of the clutch jumpers and great plays a player made, I want to just call you the ultimate idiot. Wade earned those free throws by relentlessly attacking the basket. If your contention is that Wade wouldn't have drawn that many fouls in the Jordan era, ok, fine...

Listen, your a Jordan guy, you have no right to talk about officiating. So in your mind Wade is the greatest slasher to ever play the game, because you know he shattered all free throw records in that finals, right? And go to the 6:30 mark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7nnMjk03b4&feature=fvw and tell me that deserved a call with one second left in a pivotal game 5 of the NBA finals. :roll: Please, this call shouldn't have been made in the 1st quarter of a preseason game, let alone game 5 of the NBA finals. You fail.

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Wade's 42pt game 3, 36pt game 4, 43pt game 5, and 36pt game 6 turned the series around, he basically singlehandedly took the series over after the Heat went down 2-0 against the Mavs. In games 2-6 Wade averaged 39.25ppg on 51%fg.

Wade played fantastic basketball the entire playoff run, Shaq was in "past his prime" beast mode vs Chicago/Detroit.

Bonus:

VS Dallas Mavericks

Compare Wade's & Shaq's performance in the finals to Kobe & Shaq's performances in the Finals:
NBA Finals production:
2000 vs Indiana Pacers

2001 vs Philadelphia

2002 vs New Jersey Nets

2004 vs Detroit
2004 Finals Kobe froze Shaq out of the offense, it probably would have been a better move from a team standpoint to feed the guy who's making 63% of his shots the ball more rather than have a guy shooting 38% shot-jack.

Kobe didn't out-perform Shaq once in the NBA Finals, not even close. While Wade out-performed Shaq in his championship run....

Nothing else needs to be said other than, damn Wade played great that year in the playoffs/finals. He was more important to his championship, with Shaq on the same team, than Kobe was to his championships with Shaq on the same team. This is blatantly obvious. Blatant.

Juges8932
06-20-2009, 02:07 PM
My God man, give it a rest. For once I thought you would make a thread to actually just show how great a player was without diminishing Kobe, but looks like I was wrong again. Everybody knows D-Wade had one of the best playoff runs ever and that the Heat won because he put them on his back. Shaq was crushing everybody in the three-peat. D-Wade is an awesome baller, and so is Kobe.

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Listen, your a Jordan guy, you have no right to talk about officiating. So in your mind Wade is the greatest slasher to ever play the game, because you know he shattered all free throw records in that finals, right? And go to the 6:30 mark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7nnMjk03b4&feature=fvw and tell me that deserved a call with one second left in a pivotal game 5 of the NBA finals. :roll: Please, this call shouldn't have been made in the 1st quarter of a preseason game, let alone game 5 of the NBA finals. You fail.

I already responded to this, the rules have changed, players get more touch calls today, especially when they attack the basket as much as Wade did. Now leave it alone. Handpicking one or two bad calls here and there makes no sense. I can show you at least 5 plays from this year's finals where Kobe exaggerated the slightest bit of contact, or no contact at all, drawing a bogus call on the perimeter. Don't go there, give the man props, stop trying to divert the facts.

Peter Griffin
Here comes the groupie dumb ass Kobe fans. You guys are hopeless romantics in love with Kobe. Give props to Wade and move the **** on.

Bryant fans are in here because your obviously not giving props to Wade just to give props to him! Your doing a little under the rug Agenda thing!

Eldrunko247
I'm not a huge Kobe fan. Explain why T Mac "an NBA player" even thought the finals looked fixed? Go ahead, give it a shot!

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 02:09 PM
My God man, give it a rest. For once I thought you would make a thread to actually just show how great a player was without diminishing Kobe, but looks like I was wrong again. Everybody knows D-Wade had one of the best playoff runs ever and that the Heat won because he put them on his back. Shaq was crushing everybody in the three-peat. D-Wade is an awesome baller, and so is Kobe.

How am I diminishing Kobe? By showing the facts that Wade was more important and had a better run at a title? That's not diminishing, that's displaying FACTS. I agree with everything else in your statement though.

catch24
Nothing else needs to be said other than, damn Wade played great that year in the playoffs/finals. He was more important to his championship, with Shaq on the same team, than Kobe was to his championships with Shaq on the same team. This is blatantly obvious. Blatant.

Who's saying he wasn't great? Who here is diminish his performances? There were some suspect calls, but he was Jordanesque.

rofllll

tastystaci
I'm not a huge Kobe fan. Explain why T Mac "an NBA player" even thought the finals looked fixed? Go ahead, give it a shot!

I'm also not a Kobe fan by any stretch, but I'll answer your question: Because it WAS fixed.

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Wade's 42pt game 3, 36pt game 4, 43pt game 5, and 36pt game 6 turned the series around, he basically singlehandedly took the series over after the Heat went down 2-0 against the Mavs. In games 3-6 Wade averaged 39.25ppg on 51%fg.

Bonus:

VS Dallas Mavericks

NBA Finals production:
2000 vs Indiana Pacers

2001 vs Philadelphia

2002 vs New Jersey Nets

2004 vs Detroit

Again, nothing else needs to be said. Just read, move on.

catch24
06-20-2009, 02:11 PM
[B]

Yup, while Shaq was not in his prime.

tastystaci
06-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Bruce, please stop copy and pasting your own sh*t, it's seriously pathetic. Please answer me if this call at the end of game 5 should've been made? 6:30 mark. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7nnMjk03b4&feature=fvw

juju151111
06-20-2009, 02:12 PM
:roll: You guys who call Dirk a choker are such f*ckin morons. Here's game 5 of the '06 finals, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7nnMjk03b4&feature=fvw go to the 4:20 mark and see Dirk's Bird-esque 18 footer to put them up 1. Then go to the 6:30 mark and see the NBA bail Wade and the Heat out, totally ruining this clutch game winnner from Dirk. Dirk should have had a championship, Stern and his crew weren't gonna let it happen.

While your looking at that last play, watch the backcourt violation on Wade, watch the offensive foul on Wade as Terry goes into the first row, then watch Wade get bailed out as he goes 1 on 4, and Dirk gets called for a BENT ELBOW :roll: Please STFU. This is an epic hosejob, a disgrace to the NBA and it's fans.
Mavs choked away the gm. Make your damn FTs. They didn't bail anyone out. lol Terry flops GTFO Kobe does that same drive that Wade did to Terry all the time.Dirk/harris fouled him. GTFO and Harris grabs his hand.

Peter Griffin
06-20-2009, 02:12 PM
[B]Nothing else needs to be said other than, damn Wade played great that year in the playoffs/finals. He was more important to his championship, with Shaq on the same team, than Kobe was to his championships with Shaq on the same team. This is blatantly obvious. Blatant.

So we are basically comparing playing with the All Time Great Shaq, to playing with a aged almost done Shaq?!

Lets compare 91' Bulls MJ to 02' Wizards MJ then!

Point is, Wade would have gotten outplayed by Shaq if he played with the Dominant Primed Shaq!

So be smarter Kid!

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Yup, while Shaq was not in his prime.

Bonus:

I said he was past his prime in the original post you goof.

Fatal9
06-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Quick fact:

Outside of the '01 Lakers (a team Kobe was on), Mavs were the worst ranked defensive team to make it to the finals since the 2000-2001 season (ie. this decade).

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Bruce, please stop copy and pasting your own sh*t, it's seriously pathetic. Please answer me if this call at the end of game 5 should've been made? 6:30 mark. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7nnMjk03b4&feature=fvw

I don't have time to entertain garbage. If you want to analyze the officiating take the game film from every game and post the game film on youtube, call by ball, break it down. Anyone can hand-pick a couple of bad calls from a series. Don't waste my time, thanks.

People who are responding to this thread are retards.....

catch24
06-20-2009, 02:15 PM
I said he was past his prime in the original post you goof.

"Nothing else needs to be said other than, damn Wade played great that year in the playoffs/finals. He was more important to his championship, with Shaq on the same team, than Kobe was to his championships with Shaq on the same team. This is blatantly obvious. Blatant."

And I replied to that paragraph saying "Shaq while not in his prime".

Not fooling anyone agenda boy.

tastystaci
Mavs choked away the gm. Make your damn FTs. They didn't bail anyone out. lol Terry flops GTFO Kobe does that same drive that Wade did to Terry all the time.Dirk/harris fouled him. GTFO and Harris grabs his hand.

The call was made on Dirk for a bent elbow, any contact by Harris came AFTER the f*ckin whistle. And did you actually go to the 4:20 mark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7nnMjk03b4&feature=fvw How is this a choke job by Dirk? This is f*ckin legendary. He wasn't bailed out, he hit a contested fade away 18 footer that no one will remember. That doesn't bother you as an NBA fan? It should.

bruceblitz
Quick fact:

Outside of the '01 Lakers (a team Kobe was on), Mavs were the worst ranked defensive team to make it to the finals since the 2000-2001 season (ie. this decade).

Don't worry, unlike you, Mr. Handpick, I'm gonna post the way Kobe plays against top level defenses, and his resume isn't gonna be what you want apostle. Again, you will call me a hater for posting facts. Keep trying to diminish Wade's performance in the Finals. Insecure bastard.

juju151111
06-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Answer me why michael pietrus was call for a foul a crucial momont where he didn't touch kobe and DH swatted his ****. crucial momont bla bla bias nonsense BS

bruceblitz
"Nothing else needs to be said other than, damn Wade played great that year in the playoffs/finals. He was more important to his championship, with Shaq on the same team, than Kobe was to his championships with Shaq on the same team. This is blatantly obvious. Blatant."

And I replied to that paragraph saying "Shaq while not in his prime".

Not fooling anyone agenda boy.

My agenda is to display the facts that players like Kobe and Wade have presented to us with their efforts and track record. If that's an agenda, I wish more people on this board had that agenda. You might want to remove Kobe's dick from your hand before typing on here.

Juges8932
How am I diminishing Kobe? By showing the facts that Wade was more important and had a better run at a title? That's not diminishing, that's displaying FACTS. I agree with everything else in your statement though.

You can't simply just post Wade's stats in those playoffs alongside Shaq's to show how much he rose to the occasion, but then have to post Kobe's with Shaq, who was the beast of the league at those times, just to show, oh, look at Kobe's short-comings in such and such finals. I have NO problem with giving props to Wade, he deserved it. But you endlessly post thread after thread of Kobe not performing as #1, even though, IMHO, nobody was going to out-perform Shaq those years, regardless of who his sidekick was. It's just really annoying to see you do this continually. You may have liked Kobe at one time, and you always say the **** about he's on your top 10 perimeter blah blah blah, but the fact is, now, that does not hold (Your like for Kobe, that is), seeing as you put him down any chance you can. I mean, even game 1 in the Finals where he played great, you had to make a thread about how his game 1 wasn't as good as LBJ's game 1.

tastystaci
06-20-2009, 02:17 PM
I don't have time to entertain garbage. If you want to analyze the officiating take the game film from every game and post the game film on youtube, call by ball, break it down. Anyone can hand-pick a couple of bad calls from a series. Don't waste my time, thanks.

People who are responding to this thread are retards.....

That's all you got :roll: You have time to copy and paste entire life stats of you fantasy Gods, but not to look at a youtube video? I don't get in on the "bash bruce" party often, but I'm thinking it's well deserved after this little back and forth. You sir are a f*ckin tool. :lol

juju151111
06-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Quick fact:

Your point?? They earned it by beating everyone in the West.

Peter Griffin
06-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Don't worry, unlike you, Mr. Handpick, I'm gonna post the way Kobe plays against top level defenses, and his resume isn't gonna be what you want apostle. Again, you will call me a hater for posting facts. Keep trying to diminish Wade's performance in the Finals. Insecure bastard.

But the Fatal guy posted facts too?! And you still say he has a agenda?!

You handpick too!?

I haven't seen this much blind stupidety since my blind uncle needed a nite light to help him sleep!

catch24
06-20-2009, 02:18 PM
My agenda is to display the facts that players like Kobe and Wade have presented to us with their efforts and track record. If that's an agenda, I wish more people on this board had that agenda. You might want to remove Kobe's dick from your hand before typing on here.

Wrong, your agenda is to diminish Kobe's importance to that chamionship team by comparing Wade's awesome performance with a "half of himself" Shaq. Why are you posting something blatantly obvious? Does anyone not know that Wade won that championship for Miami? That he was not the major reason? Apparently you need to stop thinking about Kobe 24/7 and do something more productive than posting the obvious.

Alpha Wolf
06-20-2009, 02:19 PM

true Shaq was crushing everybody back then

but don't forget he won Finals MVP playing head to head against Todd Mcculloch an over-the-hill Dikembe Mutombo and Rik Smits :oldlol:

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 02:19 PM
You can't simply just post Wade's stats in those playoffs alongside Shaq's to show how much he rose to the occasion, but then have to post Kobe's with Shaq, who was the beast of the league at those times, just to show, oh, look at Kobe's short-comings in such and such finals. I have NO problem with giving props to Wade, he deserved it. But you endlessly post thread after thread of Kobe not performing as #1, even though, IMHO, nobody was going to out-perform Shaq those years, regardless of who his sidekick was. It's just really annoying to see you do this continually. You may have liked Kobe at one time, and you always say the **** about he's on your top 10 perimeter blah blah blah, but the fact is, now, that does not hold (Your like for Kobe, that is), seeing as you put him down any chance you can. I mean, even game 1 in the Finals where he played great, you had to make a thread about how his game 1 wasn't as good as LBJ's game 1.

You keep trying to claim that Kobe's poor performances were due to the fact that he had a great center next to him, most dominant at that point in time.

Ok:

So do you admit that Kobe wouldn't have even sniffed a championship without Shaq as his teammate during that stage of his career?

Do you admit that having Shaq on the team has nothing to do with having a poor shooting percentage? So if Kobe were to shoot more shots, while making about 40% of his shots or less in most of the crucial series they had, he would have dropped the team shooting percentage about 5%. Is that really the way you want to go with this angle?

I'm glad to see that out of all the Kobe fanatics on here, you are giving Wade props. As a Jordan fan, the way Wade performed in games 2-6 of the NBA Finals in 2006 gave me flashes of Jordan all over again.

TheGreatDeraj
06-20-2009, 02:20 PM
It's funny because the thread title says Dwyane Wade vs Shaq, but this thread is really about Kobe.

I would never expect something like this from Bruce.

bruceblitz
Wrong, your agenda is to diminish Kobe's importance to that chamionship team by comparing Wade's awesome performance with a "half of himself" Shaq. Why are you posting something blatantly obvious? Does anyone not know that Wade won that championship for Miami? That he was not the major reason? Apparently you need to stop thinking about Kobe 24/7 and do something more productive than posting the obvious.
So what does Shaq's greatness have to do with Kobe missing 60% of his shots in crucial series/games? Oh I know, that's why Kobe ended up with 3 rings during that timespan...

juju151111
The call was made on Dirk for a bent elbow, any contact by Harris came AFTER the f*ckin whistle. And did you actually go to the 4:20 mark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7nnMjk03b4&feature=fvw How is this a choke job by Dirk? This is f*ckin legendary. He wasn't bailed out, he hit a contested fade away 18 footer that no one will remember. That doesn't bother you as an NBA fan? It should.
?? Wade made plenty of clutch shots too i don't see your point really. LOL Why would it bother me when harris clearly fouled him.

catch24
06-20-2009, 02:21 PM
It's funny because the thread title says Dwyane Wade vs Shaq, but this thread is really about Kobe.

wurrrrd

Fatal9
06-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Some more quick facts:

Kobe dropped 62 in three quarters on those Mavs, and averaged 45 ppg on them during the season.

Lebron averaged 41/9/5 on 60% against the Mavs in that season.

Like I said, LOL at those who think Lebron, Kobe or Jordan don't take "steaming dumps" on them.

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 02:22 PM

The comparison to Kobe was a "bonus". The main point of the thread is the way Wade played in the 06 finals. The best performance by a shooting guard in the Finals, since Jordan left Da Bulls. The Kobe fans just don't like the fact that Wade out-played their hero/homosexual fantasy, so they try to diminish the importance of that specific comparison all-together.

tastystaci
06-20-2009, 02:24 PM
?? Wade made plenty of clutch shots too i don't see your point really. LOL Why would it bother me when harris clearly fouled him.

Harris clearly fouled him, yet Bennet Salvitore called it on Dirk? WTF? I'm glad you can live with that. Harris made contact AFTER the whistle. What would you do if you heard a whistle, oh yeah, probably prevent an And 1. The call was a joke, the series was a joke, and you are a joke if you don't want to see what's right in front of you.

Alpha Wolf
06-20-2009, 02:24 PM
You keep trying to claim that Kobe's poor performances were due to the fact that he had a great center next to him, most dominant at that point in time.

Ok:

So do you admit that Kobe wouldn't have even sniffed a championship without Shaq as his teammate during that stage of his career?

Do you admit that having Shaq on the team has nothing to do with having a poor shooting percentage? So if Kobe were to shoot more shots, while making about 40% of his shots or less in most of the crucial series they had, he would have dropped the team shooting percentage about 5%. Is that really the way you want to go with this angle?

I'm glad to see that out of all the Kobe fanatics on here, you are giving Wade props. As a Jordan fan, the way Wade performed in games 2-6 of the NBA Finals in 2006 gave me flashes of Jordan all over again.

:no:

Shaq had Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel and he couldn't win the tittle untill kobe started

juju151111
06-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Some more quick facts:

Kobe dropped 62 in three quarters on those Mavs, and averaged 45 ppg on them during the season.

Like I said, LOL at those who think Lebron, Kobe or Jordan don't take "steaming dumps" on them.
Show me where they did that to them in the finals where their is much more gameplaning?????:confusedshrug: sorry come again and where is pip guarding MJ in 91 finals gm3

Juges8932
06-20-2009, 02:26 PM

Ok:

No, I am not saying his poor performance was DUE to the fact that he was playing with prime Shaq. What I'm saying is, IMHO, that ANY swingman (Aside from probably/maybe MJ) would have been the sidekick and out-performed by Shaq at that time.

Answers:

1) He would have sniffed, but without Shaq, he probably would not have won 1, definitely not 3, obviously. I would not have been surprised to see him win 1, though (Could be the bias talking, I'd have to go back and actually watch game tape to see how I think about it).

2) I have NEVER said that Kobe's poor shooting % is due to playing with Shaq. I said that any swingman outside of MJ would have been out-performed by Shaq at that stage in his career. He was where Kobe is now.

3) I love Wade. I'm not just a Kobe fan. It just so happens that I grew up at the tail-end of the Jordan/Bulls era (I am only 20), and was instantly appealed to Kobe and so I've watched him for the last 12 years (Not much going on his rookie year, but I did notice him, however). I'm not one who says Kobe is the GOAT at all. I appreciate all of the great players, regardless of liking them or not.

Eldrunko247
06-20-2009, 02:26 PM
The comparison to Kobe was a "bonus". The main point of the thread is the way Wade played in the 06 finals. The best performance by a shooting guard in the Finals, since Jordan left Da Bulls. The Kobe fans just don't like the fact that Wade out-played their hero/homosexual fantasy, so they try to diminish the importance of that specific comparison all-together.
EXPLAIN WHY T MAC "an NBA player" felt the finals were rigged in favor of the HEAT?

TheGreatDeraj
06-20-2009, 02:27 PM

Just saying man, take a break from the Kobe thing. It's got to get tiring.

You make good points a lot of the time, but you're good points get overlooked because of all the crap you talk about Kobe.

juju151111
Harris clearly fouled him, yet Bennet Salvitore called it on Dirk? WTF? I'm glad you can live with that. Harris made contact AFTER the whistle. What would you do if you heard a whistle, oh yeah, probably prevent an And 1. The call was a joke, the series was a joke, and you are a joke if you don't want to see what's right in front of you.
I can live with it because even though Dirk slightly pushed him in the back the call was ticky tac, but harris clealy grzbed his shooting hand. If harris didn't grab his shooting hand Wade=bucket

YAWN
a thread by bruce that mentions kobe? shocker

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Some more quick facts:

Hand-picking again are we?

Notice, he leaves Kobe's fg% off the list:

This is why:

44% from the field!

catch24
06-20-2009, 02:28 PM
So what does Shaq's greatness have to do with Kobe missing 60% of his shots in crucial series/games? Oh I know, that's why Kobe ended up with 3 rings during that timespan...

??? Shaq was the top dog of LA. Kobe was "1A". He closed/finished most of those games hitting clutch shots during the title runs. The Lakers ended up with 3 rings because Kobe also helped Shaq having playoff scoring of 21, 29, and 26. Oh yeah, and prior to the finals during '01 he averaged 27ppg on 47%. I guess that's ALL Shaq, well according to your spectacular logic.

You honestly wonder why me, youtube, and the posters have a tough time taking you seriously? Your agenda comes out front and center everrryyyytime Lol.

juju151111
06-20-2009, 02:29 PM
No, I am not saying his poor performance was DUE to the fact that he was playing with prime Shaq. What I'm saying is, IMHO, that ANY swingman (Aside from probably/maybe MJ) would have been the sidekick and out-performed by Shaq at that time.

Answers:

1) He would have sniffed, but without Shaq, he probably would not have won 1, definitely not 3, obviously. I would not have been surprised to see him win 1, though (Could be the bias talking, I'd have to go back and actually watch game tape to see how I think about it).

2) I have NEVER said that Kobe's poor shooting % is due to playing with Shaq. I said that any swingman outside of MJ would have been out-performed by Shaq at that stage in his career. He was where Kobe is now.

3) I love Wade. I'm not just a Kobe fan. It just so happens that I grew up at the tail-end of the Jordan/Bulls era (I am only 20), and was instantly appealed to Kobe and so I've watched him for the last 12 years (Not much going on his rookie year, but I did notice him, however). I'm not one who says Kobe is the GOAT at all. I appreciate all of the great players, regardless of liking them or not.
The thing is Kobe played subpar. Its not that Shaq outperformed him, but that he played bad. Kobe could of played better tho.

YAWN
06-20-2009, 02:30 PM

This is why:

44% from the field!

you make it sound like 44% is terrible, but the reality of it is (in this sample size) if kobe made 3 more buckets hes probably shooting 49% and you wouldn't bring it up.

NBASTATMAN
06-20-2009, 02:31 PM

This is why:

44% from the field!

Kobe shot 44 percent vs the MAvs that year.. Wow... I guess 25 free throws in three quarters will help with the scoring.. And people said Dwade got alot of calls.. He never shot 25 free throws in any one game.. Let alone three quarters..

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 02:31 PM
So Fatal9 thinks Kobe's 44% shooting against the Mavs in the regular season and his 25 free throws in 3 quarters means as much as Wade's performance in the Finals.... so according to Fatal9, and his philosophy:

Kobe vs LeBron? No comparison...Just look at how the two performed against the exact same team and exact same defenders:

Can't ignore that now can you Fatal9?
:confusedshrug:

catch24
06-20-2009, 02:32 PM
The thing is Kobe played subpar. Its not that Shaq outperformed him, but that he played bad. Kobe could of played better tho.

That's true. I still believe Shaq would of been considered "outplaying" anyone in his prime due to his sheer dominance.

tastystaci
I can live with it because even though Dirk slightly pushed him in the back the call was ticky tac, but harris clealy grzbed his shooting hand. If harris didn't grab his shooting hand Wade=bucket

How do you push somebody with a limp, bent elbow? :lol Wade was taking the ball 1 on 4, was flying to the basket out of control. Dirk was simply "there" and Bennet was gonna bail Wade out regardless. There was NOTHING on that play that should've been called. You can't throw a guy to the ground one second, then get a bent elbow called in you favor as you fly to the rim with no intention of scoring.

chitownsfinest
Some more quick facts:

Off course, I can mention the same thing that Wade averaged 38 ppg on 53% shooting against the Magic this season and would have no problem taking a steaming dump on the Magic this season. Heck, he would probably out due Kobe's performance.

catch24

fatal9 has an agenda too. It's pretty obvious Kobe is his favorite player.

YAWN
06-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Kobe shot 44 percent vs the MAvs that year.. Wow... I guess 25 free throws in three quarters will help with the scoring.. And people said Dwade got alot of calls.. He never shot 25 free throws in any one game.. Let alone three quarters..

the fact that you never see it brought up should lead you to believe that they were deserved. go back and watch the game. if a guy is torching you like that i would expect the mavs have some semblance of pride and are knocking that player to the ground any chance they get.

Fatal9
you make it sound like 44% is terrible, but the reality of it is (in this sample size) if kobe made 3 more buckets hes probably shooting 49% and you wouldn't bring it up.
Wade shot 2.38% better in the finals :oldlol:. If Kobe makes exactly 2 more shots in the season, he shoots the same percentage as Wade.

Off course, I can mention the same thing that Wade averaged 38 ppg on 53% shooting against the Magic this season and would have no problem taking a steaming dump on the Magic this season. Heck, he would probably out due Kobe's performance.
I'd say Wade performs just as good if not better if he was in Kobe's place in the finals. I've maintained that he was the best player in the regular season this year.

bruceblitz
You can't be serious, he would have had to make more than 3 "buckets".

His 5-22 performance didn't help. Maybe we should just erase Kobe's 5-22 performance? Just like Kobe fans like to erase Kobe's first 4 years worth of stats in the NBA because he was "just too young", even though LeBron put up numbers that compare to seasons in Kobe's best 5 seasons in his first 4 years. Oh wait, if we erase Kobe's first 4 years of stats, wouldn't that erase some ringage too?

:oldlol:

Kobe apostles = kings of contradiction

juju151111
That's true. I still believe Shaq would of been considered "outplaying" anyone in his prime due to his sheer dominance.
I pretty much agree with this statement.:cheers:

Peter Griffin
06-20-2009, 02:34 PM
You folks can keep going agenda vs agenda all day long!

Larry Bird is still the G.O.A.T!

And Kobe, Wade, Jordan, LeBron, Magic can't sniff his jock strap!:cheers:

YAWN
06-20-2009, 02:35 PM

His 5-22 performance didn't help. Maybe we should just erase Kobe's 5-22 performance? Just like Kobe fans like to erase Kobe's first 4 years worth of stats in the NBA because he was "just too young", even though LeBron put up numbers that compare to seasons in Kobe's best 5 seasons in his first 4 years. Oh wait, if we erase Kobe's first 4 years of stats, wouldn't that erase some ringage too?

like i said. look at the sample size you are using. a single made basket is like +1.5% on fg%. Which is why it is pretty stupid to overanalyze it for a series.

NBASTATMAN
06-20-2009, 02:35 PM

But he didn't.. And that is a team he killed... I thought his shooting percentage was alot higher... But Kobe is usually a lower percentage shooter... Great at the free throw line though... HOW DO YOU GET 25 FREES IN THREE QUARTERS? That must be a record.. And people had the balls to question DWADE's free throw attempts..

Fatal9
06-20-2009, 02:36 PM
:oldlol: at people trying to prop up the worst defensive team to make the finals since the 2001 season. The point is that stat-geeks like to pass this series off as the greatest of all time (hollinger), or something that Lebron/Kobe/Jordan couldn't have easily (out)matched as well.

Eldrunko247
06-20-2009, 02:37 PM

EXPLAIN WHY T MAC "an NBA player" FELT THE O6 FINALS WERE RIGGED IN FAVOR OF THE HEAT? WHY DO YOU KEEP EVADING THE QUESTION?

bruceblitz
Wade shot 2.38% better in the finals :oldlol:. If Kobe makes exactly 2 more shots in the season, he shoots the same percentage as Wade.

I'd say Wade performs just as good if not better if he was in Kobe's place in the finals. I've maintained that he was the best player in the regular season this year.

Kobe missed 48 out of 86 shots against the Mavs that year (38-86)
40-86 = 46.5% (According to Fatal's theory that we should just add 2 makes to Kobe's total, why?)

Also, with the fact that Kobe missed 17 out of 22 shots in his February match-up against the Mavericks, it's fair to estimate that in a 6 game series he would have had at least 2 games like that.

juju151111
the fact that you never see it brought up should lead you to believe that they were deserved. go back and watch the game. if a guy is torching you like that i would expect the mavs have some semblance of pride and are knocking that player to the ground any chance they get.
Wade getting FTs was start up by haters. Wade took apart the pistons too and a great defender in prince. Wat about elbowing bibby/nelson???What about the BS call against michael pietrus in the crucial gm when the replay showed no contact. rig that rig this.lol I guess thats why the spurs hzve 4 chips huh

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 02:38 PM

This is why:

44% from the field!

Kobe missed 48 out of 86 shots against the Mavs that year, on to the next excuse.

Burned their excuses.

YAWN
06-20-2009, 02:38 PM
38-86 = 46.5%

not sure where you learned math, but thats 44%

YAWN
06-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Wade getting FTs was start up by haters. Wade took apart the pistons too and a great defender in prince. Wat about elbowing bibby/nelson???What about the BS call against michael pietrus in the crucial gm when the replay showed no contact. rig that rig this.lol I guess thats why the spurs hzve 4 chips huh

lol, what are you talking about?

NBASTATMAN
06-20-2009, 02:41 PM
EXPLAIN WHY T MAC "an NBA player" FELT THE O6 FINALS WERE RIGGED IN FAVOR OF THE HEAT? WHY DO YOU KEEP EVADING THE QUESTION?

Well tmac also stated that his team was just a good team.. Yet they did better without him than with him... LOL

D-Rose
06-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Kobe missed 48 out of 86 shots against the Mavs that year (38-86)
40-86 = 46.5%

Also, with the fact that Kobe missed 17 out of 22 shots in his February match-up against the Mavericks, it's fair to estimate that in a 6 game series he would have had at least 2 games like that.
So, by your logic, if it was Cavs vs Lakers, LeBron would have at least 5 horrible games because he was pathetic in 2 games vs LA in the regular season?

juju151111
06-20-2009, 02:42 PM
lol, what are you talking about?
Kobe in 02 elbows bibby on the last play in 02. Kobe gets a ballout call in the 2009 finals against pietrus.

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 02:42 PM

This is why:

44% from the field!

Kobe missed 48 out of 86 shots against the Mavs that year, on to the next excuse.

Burned their excuses.

Kobe apostles:
http://www.spiritmag.org/images/foot_mouth.gif
Insert foot in mouth.

D-Rose
06-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Well tmac also stated that his team was just a good team.. Yet they did better without him than with him... LOL
The Rockets are no more than your average 50 win West team. By the West standards, they are "good", not "great".

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 02:43 PM
So, by your logic, if it was Cavs vs Lakers, LeBron would have at least 5 horrible games because he was pathetic in 2 games vs LA in the regular season?
That would be according to Fatal's logic, not mine. I'm responding to someone else's logic.

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 02:44 PM
This would be more geared to my logic...

That's not even comparing the regular season....

Peter Griffin
06-20-2009, 02:44 PM

Burned their excuses.

Kobe apostles:
http://www.spiritmag.org/images/foot_mouth.gif
Insert foot in mouth.

You know you lost when you cant answer other questions, so you keep posting the same thing! Freakin Sweet!

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 02:45 PM
You know you lost when you cant answer other questions, so you keep posting the same thing! Freakin Sweet!
:oldlol: :hammerhead:

NBASTATMAN
06-20-2009, 02:45 PM

Well deserved my but.. No one brings it up because it doesn't matter. It was a regular season game.. Kobe shot 5 technical foul free throws that game because the MAVS were disgusted with the officiating.. There goes I brought it up.... That game's officiating was horrible... 5 TECHS were part of that scoring spree.. And alot of bad calls.. Don't really care since it was the MAVS...

NBASTATMAN
06-20-2009, 02:47 PM
The Rockets are no more than your average 50 win West team. By the West standards, they are "good", not "great".

What are you talking about? Tmac has no cred in what he says or does.. The guy has lost all cred , his team is looking to give him away for nothing... Either way YAO reached the second round with Ron Artest not TMAC.....

NBASTATMAN
06-20-2009, 02:49 PM
Kobe in 02 elbows bibby on the last play in 02. Kobe gets a ballout call in the 2009 finals against pietrus.

Kobe got 6 free throws at the end of game 2 in the finals.. None were fouls.. Even MARK Jackson a kobe fan had to admit this on TV...That is the bad part of the game..

catch24
06-20-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by bruceblitz

So what does Shaq's greatness have to do with Kobe missing 60% of his shots in crucial series/games? Oh I know, that's why Kobe ended up with 3 rings during that timespan..."

Shaq was the top dog of LA. Kobe was "1A". He closed/finished most of those games hitting some clutch shots during the epic title runs. The Lakers WON 3 rings because Kobe helped Shaq having playoff scoring of 21, 29, and 26. Prior to the finals during '01 he averaged 27ppg on 47%. I guess that's ALL Shaq, well according to your spectacular logic.

You honestly wonder why me, youtube, and the posters have a tough time taking you seriously? Your agenda comes out front and center everrryyyytime Lol.

NBASTATMAN
06-20-2009, 02:51 PM

Well I agree with FATAL on WADE BEING THE BEST..

No one brings up the fact that DWAde killed the Pistons in the ECF that same year... He was amazing and his field goal percentage was off the charts.. Kobe or lebron have never done that..... Dwade is the man...

If Kobe had ever played the way WADE played in that ECF vs the Pistons we would still be hearing it today...

catch24
06-20-2009, 02:52 PM

No one brings up the fact that DWAde killed the Pistons in the ECF that same year... He was amazing and his field goal percentage was off the charts.. Kobe or lebron have never done that..... Dwade is the man...

Imagine Wade with the Lakers or Rockets....YIKES

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Clutch shots made by: Robert Horry, Derrick Fisher, Glen Rice, Kobe Bryant during the title runs.

Of course Kobe fans will try to find a way to post lies of which they cannot back up with facts.

Just wait til I post my Kobe vs top ranked defenses statistical research. I will also do a Kobe vs Shaq comparison during the Shaq Lakers years. One thing people fail to look at is how bad Kobe played during the years the Lakers lost, WITH PRIME SHAQ.

Keep trying though. Your efforts are futile, the proof is in the puddin...as they say...

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 02:54 PM

I brought it up in the original post before the Kobe parade of apostles decided to flood this thread with non-factual garbage....

catch24
06-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Clutch shots made by: Robert Horry, Derrick Fisher, Glen Rice, Kobe Bryant during the title runs.

Of course Kobe fans will try to find a way to post lies of which they cannot back up with facts.

Just wait til I post my Kobe vs top ranked defenses statistical research. I will also do a Kobe vs Shaq comparison during the Shaq Lakers years. One thing people fail to look at is how bad Kobe played during the years the Lakers lost, WITH PRIME SHAQ.

Keep trying though. Your efforts are futile, the proof is in the puddin...as they say...

Posting lies? How is this that even remotely close to fraudulent? Fck up already with "Kobe fans". If I'm a "homer", what does that make you? Yeah I thought so. Do your thing, I'm sure Kobe had some terrid games, just like every other player. People also fail to remember Kobe's all around production during the 3peat. You talk about finals performances, when he had 1 tremendous one (finals) along with GREAT playoff runs prior to the finals. I'll keep trying to smash your agenda, if my efforts were "futile", then I wouldn't be posting, let alone get a response from you? Ha.

206kid
06-20-2009, 02:57 PM
I've never seen this much criticism for a guy who averaged 35 ppg in the Finals.

I hate this refs excuse Wade is a slasher of course he is going to get calls if he is taking it in strong. And In game 3 the Heat were down 13 with 6 minutes left, The Heat won that game, Wade didn't get no FT attempts the Finals 6 minutes. Did the Refs help the Heat there? Game 5 Wade's at the FT line Josh Howard calls a dumb timeout after the 1st one. Heat win, did the refs help there? Game 6 at Dallas the Mavs were up big in the 1st he comeback to win.

The Mavs lost NO EXCUSES. Wade took over in the Finals. Something Lebron and Kobe can't do. Wade did what he had to do to win the Championship, and don't forget he got to the FT line, but he was making so many jumpers, and clutch plays.

So Game 3 proves my point, down 13 with 6 minutes left The Refs didn't do ANYTHING. Wade just took over period.

And at the End of the Day You guys can do alllllll this talking about the refs.
The Heat still won that series down 0-2.

NBASTATMAN
06-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Imagine Wade with the Lakers or Rockets....YIKES

I WISH....I am not a laker or rockets fan ,but Wade is the closest thing to MJ when WADE is healthy.. He has the killer combination of great skills and great athleticism...

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Posting lies? How is this that even remotely close to fraudulent? Fck up already with "Kobe fans". If I'm a "homer", what does that make you? Yeah I thought so. Do your thing, I'm sure Kobe had some terrid games, just like every other player. People also fail to remember Kobe's all around production during the 3peat. You talk about finals performances, when he had 1 tremendous one (finals) along with GREAT playoff runs prior to the finals. I'll keep trying to smash your agenda, if my efforts were "futile", then I wouldn't be posting, let alone get a response from you? Ha.
Well, seeing as how you never post facts, you only post myths, you have no proof to back up your research, I think it's time to ignore you.... if that's what you want.....

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 03:00 PM
This message is hidden because catch24 is on your ignore list.

NBASTATMAN
06-20-2009, 03:00 PM
I brought it up in the original post before the Kobe parade of apostles decided to flood this thread with non-factual garbage....

ok... People should realize Wade was just a monster in those playoffs.. He killed detroit more than he killed THE MAVS...

206kid
06-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Kobe and Wade against the Mavs are completely different. I think Kobe would of struggled. Regular Season and Finals are two Whole different things. Look at Lebron he avg. 34 a game against the Spurs in the regular season and won both games. In the Finals they end up getting swept and he has a terrible Finals performance. Same with Kobe he scored 62 yeah but the Finals is different.

catch24
06-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Well, seeing as how you never post facts, you only post myths, you have no proof to back up your research, I think it's time to ignore you.... if that's what you want.....

Wrong, you have no evidence of Shaq, fisher, glen rice or horry finishing games because it didn't happen for the majority. It was Kobe being the facilitator, playmaker and scorer during that 3peat at the end of ball games. I don't need "stats" to know what I witnessed personally.

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 03:02 PM
ok... People should realize Wade was just a monster in those playoffs.. He killed detroit more than he killed THE MAVS...
You mean people who aren't crazy?

I agree, he was Jordanesque during that playoff run. He gradually got better as the playoffs progressed.

D-Rose
This would be more geared to my logic...

That's not even comparing the regular season....
You tend to have great stats when you dominate the ball.

Kobe had 8.8 FTA a game. LeBron had 15.6 FTA a game.

Regular Season:

Kobe vs. Magic: 34.5 pts 42% 10.5 rbd 7 ast

LeBron vs. Magic: 30.6 pts 43% 9.6 rbd 7 ast

Tie in Asts, Kobe wins pts, LeBron wins % by 1 and Kobe wins rebounds.

catch24
He really put me on his ignore list? Talk about being supeerrrrr fake. Wasn't I the only one who agreed with your top 50 garbage list - yeah the one where you ranked LeBron #20 and Kobe #18 (don't agree there). Ha. Whatever, do what you gotta do, petulant little child

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Kobe and Wade against the Mavs are completely different. I think Kobe would of struggled. Regular Season and Finals are two Whole different things. Look at Lebron he avg. 34 a game against the Spurs in the regular season and won both games. In the Finals they end up getting swept and he has a terrible Finals performance. Same with Kobe he scored 62 yeah but the Finals is different.
Comparing regular season to playoffs is like comparing apples to oranges. Comparing playoff performances with playoff performances is much better.

Anyways, who cares about what the Kobe apostles think, I take enough time to debunk their garbage, we can all move on now.

Anyways, Wade's playoff run in 2006 was the best playoff run/Finals performance for a shooting guard dating back to the days of MJ wearing the beloved Bulls uni...

D-Rose
06-20-2009, 03:03 PM
I understand what you mean, but the Mavs were a bad defensive team. Who would be their Bowen/Battier to stop Kobe?

They wouldn't just magically be a better defensive team because it's the Finals.

NBASTATMAN
06-20-2009, 03:05 PM

Regular Season:

Pretty close regular season.. I don't think you can bash Lebron for dominating the ball.. He does a great job with the ball in his hands.. If he was doing a bad job than I could see people bashing him.. But ROUNDBALLROCK has written that players with the ball in their hands usually have a lower PER.. Lebron's PER in this last playoffs is the highest on record...

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 03:06 PM

Regular Season:

So, why is it that LeBron was able to out-perform Kobe to such an extent in the playoffs against that same team?

Could it be that LeBron raised his level of play up significantly?

LeBron shot nearly 49% in the playoffs against Orlando, Kobe shot under 43% against the Magic with the regular season/playoffs combined.

Also, while we are at it, why don't we look at the regular season as a whole?

08-09
LeBron 28.4ppg 7.6reb 7.2ast 49%fg 1.7stl 1.1blk
Kobe 26.8ppg 5.2reb 4.9ast 46%fg 1.5stl .5blk

Phil Jackson himself said the Lakers barely use the triangle anymore, Kobe has the ball in hand a lot more than you guys are admitting. More nonsense and myths from the Kobe apostles.

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Pretty close regular season.. I don't think you can bash Lebron for dominating the ball.. He does a great job with the ball in his hands.. If he was doing a bad job than I could see people bashing him.. But ROUNDBALLROCK has written that players with the ball in their hands usually have a lower PER.. Lebron's PER in this last playoffs is the highest on record...
Hey bro, you would think by now they would know that comparing Kobe to LeBron is a losing effort on their part. They haven't figured that out yet I guess.

206kid
06-20-2009, 03:07 PM
I understand what you mean, but the Mavs were a bad defensive team. Who would be their Bowen/Battier to stop Kobe?

They wouldn't just magically be a better defensive team because it's the Finals.

The Mavs weren't a bad defensive team. They were ranked like 3rd in the NBA that year for points allowed and all that. They contained Wade and the Heat game's 1 and 2. :oldlol: @ bad defensive team they were a pretty good defensive team. Game 1, 2 they shut down the Heat and Game 3 were up big in the 4th. You can't use that bad defensive team excuse. And if you want to put it that way the Magic, Nets, 76ers, and Pacers were all bad defensive teams. And Kobe still struggled against them.

andgar923
06-20-2009, 03:10 PM
LOL

Kobe stans are a joke.

No wonder Kobe wants to distance himself from them.

They will manipulate, twist, lie, cherry pick, exaggerate, insult, make excuse after excuse, scour the world for any evidence that supports their fantasy.

Peter Griffin
06-20-2009, 03:25 PM
LOL

Kobe stans are a joke.

They will manipulate, twist, lie, cherry pick, exaggerate, insult, make excuse after excuse, scour the world for any evidence that supports their fantasy.

Couldn't the same be said for his critics?!

DonDadda59
06-20-2009, 03:26 PM
:oldlol: at people trying to prop up the worst defensive team to make the finals since the 2001 season. The point is that stat-geeks like to pass this series off as the greatest of all time (hollinger), or something that Lebron/Kobe/Jordan couldn't have easily (out)matched as well.

Check the stats from the Detroit series(90.2 PA/G, top 5 defense) then, same starting lineup from '04... only now they were playing some 'zone'. Then tell me Kobe would've put up the same production Wade did in that series :oldlol:

And can we stop w/ this Shaq was 'washed up' sh*t, he was still the best center in the league. Dwayne was just the more dominant player during the playoffs and the team's #1 option and leader.

A Healthy Dwayne Wade is the best SG in the NBA (arguable he's the best PLAYER, period), has been since '05-'06. He just never had the luxury of being surrounded by great teams his entire career.

D-Rose
06-20-2009, 03:29 PM
The Mavs weren't a bad defensive team. They were ranked like 3rd in the NBA that year for points allowed and all that. They contained Wade and the Heat game's 1 and 2. :oldlol: @ bad defensive team they were a pretty good defensive team. Game 1, 2 they shut down the Heat and Game 3 were up big in the 4th. You can't use that bad defensive team excuse. And if you want to put it that way the Magic, Nets, 76ers, and Pacers were all bad defensive teams. And Kobe still struggled against them.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DAL/2006.html

Mavs were the 11th ranked defensive team :oldlol: :oldlol:

Magic and Nets in their Finals vs. LA were both 1st ranked. Pacers 13th (I agree Kobe had a role-player esque Finals), Sixers were 5th.

I'm not sure of the FG% but add if you feel necessary

Kobe vs. 76ers: 24.6 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 5.8 apg

Kobe vs. Nets: 26.8 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 5.3 apg

Kobe vs. Magic: 32/7/6

Not too bad if you ask me, far from "struggled".

So, why is it that LeBron was able to out-perform Kobe to such an extent in the playoffs against that same team?

Could it be that LeBron raised his level of play up significantly?

LeBron shot nearly 49% in the playoffs against Orlando, Kobe shot under 43% against the Magic with the regular season/playoffs combined.

Also, while we are at it, why don't we look at the regular season as a whole?

08-09
LeBron 28.4ppg 7.6reb 7.2ast 49%fg 1.7stl 1.1blk
Kobe 26.8ppg 5.2reb 4.9ast 46%fg 1.5stl .5blk

Phil Jackson himself said the Lakers barely use the triangle anymore, Kobe has the ball in hand a lot more than you guys are admitting. More nonsense and myths from the Kobe apostles.

Regular season as a whole? We are talking bout them vs. the Magic, that's so useless. You implied that LBJ>Kobe vs Magic in the regular season and I proved they were basically even.

Anyway, I never denied LeBron had an incredible series against the Magic. It was great, better than Kobe's individual performance vs. Orlando.

But you have to factor in some things.

Before that series LeBron played 8 games in the playoffs, mostly blowout games.

Before the Finals, Kobe played 18 games in the playoffs.

Kobe is 30 and LeBron is 24. obviously Kobe has miles on those legs in the last 2 years, and he was in fatigue at times.

The age factor also had LeBron driving to the hole more and Kobe shooting jump shots more, an explanation for LeBron's FTA and FG%.

I don't see what you problem is? LeBron had a better series, Kobe helped his team win...?

catch24
06-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Check the stats from the Detroit series(90.2 PA/G, top 5 defense) then, same starting lineup from '04... only now they were playing some 'zone'. Then tell me Kobe would've put up the same production Wade did in that series :oldlol:

And can we stop w/ this Shaq was 'washed up' sh*t, he was still the best center in the league. Dwayne was just the more dominant player during the playoffs and the team's #1 option and leader.

A Healthy Dwayne Wade is the best SG in the NBA (arguable he's the best PLAYER, period), has been since '05-'06. He just never had the luxury of being surrounded by great teams his entire career.

Dude was the best player this season by far...I don't have a problem with fans thinking he's the best in the game, his game speaks for itself.

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 03:38 PM
Regular season as a whole? We are talking bout them vs. the Magic, that's so useless. You implied that LBJ>Kobe vs Magic in the regular season and I proved they were basically even.

Anyway, I never denied LeBron had an incredible series against the Magic. It was great, better than Kobe's individual performance vs. Orlando.

But you have to factor in some things.

Before that series LeBron played 8 games in the playoffs, mostly blowout games.

Before the Finals, Kobe played 18 games in the playoffs.

Kobe is 30 and LeBron is 24. obviously Kobe has miles on those legs in the last 2 years, and he was in fatigue at times.

The age factor also had LeBron driving to the hole more and Kobe shooting jump shots more, an explanation for LeBron's FTA and FG%.

I don't see what you problem is? LeBron had a better series, Kobe helped his team win...?

OK, I don't know if you have figured this out yet, but what you are doing, you are putting a "spin" on the facts. I could put a "spin" on the facts and say that Kobe faced the Orlando Magic who weren't playing up to their abilities while LeBron faced an Orlando team that was high on confidence and playing at their best. It works both ways. What it always comes down to is:
FACTS

Now, to your myth that Kobe takes more outside shots than LeBron:
LeBron took 5.8 3 point attempts per game in the 2009 Playoffs
Kobe took 4.5 3 point attempts per game in the 2009 Playoffs

2009 regular season
LeBron: 4.7 3 point attempts per game
Kobe: 4.1 3 point attempts per game

By the way, the fact that LeBron doesn't settle for as many mid-range jumpers as Kobe, it's called smart basketball. He puts more EFFORT into getting to the basket. Considering the fact that Kobe makes over 10% less shots than LeBron does, in the paint, it's safe to say that even if Kobe did attack the basket more he wouldn't convert as many as LeBron and it wouldn't make much of an impact at all on his overall fg%.

So, stop posting myths and spinning the facts. Thanks.

Oh and lastly, I wasn't implying that LeBron out-performed Kobe in the regular season vs Orlando, I was implying that he out-performed Kobe in the regular season as a whole. Evidenced by his MVP.

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 03:42 PM

You mean comparing these production results?

VS 2006 Detroit Pistons

VS 2004 Detroit Pistons

Factor in the fact that Wade is just now hitting his prime....

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 03:47 PM

VS 2006 Detroit Pistons

VS 2004 Detroit Pistons

To add even more perspective:

05-06 Pistons (5th ranked defense) 64-18 reg seas.
03-04 Pistons (2cnd ranked defense) 54-28 reg seas.

The Lakers losing to the Pistons had everything to do with Kobe dominating the ball and not dumping it into Shaq who right at the end of his prime:

VS 2004 Detroit Pistons

Should have given Shaq the ball more, he was destroying the Heat's front court.

DonDadda59
06-20-2009, 03:48 PM
OK, I don't know if you have figured this out yet, but what you are doing, you are putting a "spin" on the facts. I could put a "spin" on the facts and say that Kobe faced the Orlando Magic who weren't playing up to their abilities while LeBron faced an Orlando team that was high on confidence and playing at their best. It works both ways. What it always comes down to is:
FACTS

2009 regular season

By the way, the fact that LeBron doesn't settle for as many mid-range jumpers as Kobe, it's called smart basketball. He puts more EFFORT into getting to the basket. Considering the fact that Kobe makes over 10% less shots than LeBron does, in the paint, it's safe to say that even if Kobe did attack the basket more he wouldn't convert as many as LeBron and it wouldn't make much of an impact at all on his overall fg%.

Oh and lastly, I wasn't implying that LeBron out-performed Kobe in the regular season vs Orlando, I was implying that he out-performed Kobe in the regular season as a whole. Evidenced by his MVP.

OUCH :violin:

VS 2006 Detroit Pistons

VS 2004 Detroit Pistons

That's only because Wade never had to play the zone and he played in the isolation era where he could get to the basket at will against short, slow defenders. Kobe would've averaged 40 PPG on 60% against that weak Pistons team :roll:

andgar923
06-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Couldn't the same be said for his critics?!

No

Because his critics don't make sh!t up.

They just point out the FACTS.

And his critics are basically the vast majority of basketball fans, including Lakers fans.

If he has a poor game, they say he had a poor game. But his stans will look for a myriad of excuses.

I do admit, some haters diminish his work, but that's not as bad as lying, manipulating, making excuses, etc.etc.etc.etc. of the things Kobe stans do.

And Kobe stans hate EVERYBODY, not just MJ. They hate everybody that has a better performance or is a threat to Kobe. They even create lame nicknames such as "D-whistle" and "Lebronze James."

D-Rose
06-20-2009, 03:50 PM
OK, I don't know if you have figured this out yet, but what you are doing, you are putting a "spin" on the facts. I could put a "spin" on the facts and say that Kobe faced the Orlando Magic who weren't playing up to there abilities while LeBron faced an Orlando team that was high on confidence and playing at their best. It works both ways. What it always comes down to is:
FACTS

2009 regular season

So outside shots is only limited to 3 pointers? Midrange jumpers are what Kobe is known for.

Of course it's smart basketball, but less guys do it when they're 30. Jordan was around 7/8 FTA at age 29/31, Kobe is around that too. LeBron is usually around 9 or 10 and this postseason he had 14 FTA/game.

I'm not sure if you understand this concept but when you're older, you can't exert as much energy, you can't run around as much. You settle for jumpers more. When you're younger you attack the rim more, like when Kobe was younger he did that more. I've seen a lot less dunks and the like in his game this year.

Sure LeBron outperformed Kobe in the regular season, I agree to that. Head-to-head no but overall sure, even though LeBron faced some crap East teams all year and struggled against the good teams. Wade had just as good if not better of a season.

Lol at 3 pt = the only type of jumper

catch24
06-20-2009, 03:51 PM
No

Because his critics don't make sh!t up.

They just point out the FACTS.

And his critics are basically the vast majority of basketball fans, including Lakers fans.

If he has a poor game, they say he had a poor game. But his stans will look for a myriad of excuses.

I do admit, some haters diminish his work, but that's not as bad as lying, manipulating, making excuses, etc.etc.etc.etc. of the things Kobe stans do.

And Kobe stans hate EVERYBODY, not just MJ. They hate everybody that has a better performance or is a threat to Kobe. They even create lame nicknames such as "D-whistle" and "Lebronze James."

No one here has called LeBron James, "LeBronze" or Wade, "D-whistle" (tastistacy - not a laker fan, and a few other posters feel some of those foul calls were not warranted, I somewhat agree and don't). The fact remains, Wade destroyed the Mavs beyond freethrow shots, and gets full credit for winning that ring as the #1 option and leader of Miami. Me as a Kobe fan will admit that it's not very far fetched to concede "Wade > Kobe" solely due to his effectiveness, production and efficiency.

KenneBell
06-20-2009, 03:52 PM
They even create lame nicknames such as "D-whistle" and "Lebronze James."
:roll:

Those names didn't come from Kobe fans. The first one was from the Mavs and the second was everybody after the 2004 Olympics.

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 03:52 PM
So outside shots is only limited to 3 pointers? Midrange jumpers are what Kobe is known for.

Of course it's smart basketball, but less guys do it when they're 30. Jordan was around 7/8 FTA at age 29/31, Kobe is around that too. LeBron is usually around 9 or 10 and this postseason he had 14 FTA/game.

I'm not sure if you understand this concept but when you're older, you can't exert as much energy, you can't run around as much. You settle for jumpers more. When you're younger you attack the rim more, like when Kobe was younger he did that more. I've seen a lot less dunks as the like in his game this year.

Sure LeBron outperformed Kobe in the regular season, I agree to that. Head-to-head no but overall sure, even though LeBron faced some crap East teams all year and struggled against the good teams. Wade had just as good if not better of a season.

Here he goes spinning again. Also, I said Kobe settles for more jumpers, what part of that can't you read. LeBron takes a ton of jumpers too, stop acting like that's the only reason LeBron shoots a higher %.

Give LeBron credit for being the better scorer. That's all you need to do and stop excuse making.

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 03:53 PM
:roll:

Those names didn't come from Kobe fans. The first one was from the Mavs and the second was everybody after the 2004 Olympics.
Why does KenneBell post here? He offers nothing.

KenneBell
06-20-2009, 03:53 PM

According to Bruce, that's a fact. Anything inside the 3 is a layup.

KenneBell
06-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Why does BruceBlitz post here? He offers an undying love for MJ and LeBron.
See how easy that was?

andgar923
No one here has called LeBron James, "LeBronze" or Wade, "D-whistle" (tastistacy - not a laker fan, and a few other posters feel some of those foul calls were not warranted, I somewhat agree and don't). The fact remains, Wade destroyed the Mavs beyond freethrow shots, and gets full credit for winning that ring as the #1 option and leader of Miami. Me as a Kobe fan will admit that it's not very far fetched to concede "Wade > Kobe" solely due to his effectiveness, production and efficiency.

This isn't the only place where basketball is discussed you know.

catch24

rofll

catch24
06-20-2009, 03:58 PM
This isn't the only place where basketball is discussed you know.

True, but:

LOL

Kobe stans are a joke.

Was right after Kobe fans started "swarming" this thread according to your BFF Bruce. The fact that a few fans who were not laker "stans" called out Wade and those who gave him his praises and acknowledged his performance were KB fans....Saying Wade didn't play with a prime Shaq isn't irrelevant and definitely the truth, but that is no WAY diminishing his finals run.

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 03:59 PM
To prove my point,
LeBron 27.7ppg 49.5%fg 8.3reb 7.8ast vs the West, now compare that to his season averages:
LeBron 28.4ppg 49%fg 7.6reb 7.2ast

So you are saying to yourself, how did Kobe play vs the East?
Kobe 25.7ppg 45%fg 5.8reb 5.6ast vs the East, now compare that to his season averages:
Kobe 26.8ppg 46%fg 5.2reb 4.9ast

Interesting enough, the East has the better defenses as well. Nice try though D-Rose. I'm sure it sounded good to you posting that myth.

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 04:01 PM

OK, I don't know if you have figured this out yet, but what you are doing, you are putting a "spin" on the facts. I could put a "spin" on the facts and say that Kobe faced the Orlando Magic who weren't playing up to there abilities while LeBron faced an Orlando team that was high on confidence and playing at their best. It works both ways. What it always comes down to is:
FACTS

2009 regular season

So did I or did I not say LeBron doesn't settle for as many mid-range J's as Kobe? The fact still remains that LeBron settles for more 3 balls than Kobe too. So you kiddies can keep pitching me the straight slow ball so I can keep knocking it out of the park.

Force
06-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Just wanted to point out that Shaq destroyed the Bulls in that series. He put those guys in foul trouble every game and just dominated the paint. I think he had 30 and 20 in the close out game.

He was huge in the Pistons series as well. Remember, that was the year the Pistons were supposed to win 72 games and win it all. Wade was the Heats best player but Shaq was huge for them that playoff run, even though, number wise it wasn't one of his best playoffs. Shaq is the worst person to try to judge by stats alone.

Wades play was about as good as the finals has EVER seen, but let's not act like he was a 1 man show for the whole ride. What he did imo was pretty historic but that Heat team was very very good and could have won 2 rings if it wasn't for the injuries in 05.

DonDadda59
06-20-2009, 04:02 PM
To prove my point,
LeBron 27.7ppg 49.5%fg 8.3reb 7.8ast vs the West, now compare that to his season averages:
LeBron 28.4ppg 49%fg 7.6reb 7.2ast

So you are saying to yourself, how did Kobe play vs the East?
Kobe 25.7ppg 45%fg 5.8reb 5.6ast vs the East, now compare that to his season averages:
Kobe 26.8ppg 46%fg 5.2reb 4.9ast

Interesting enough, the East has the better defenses as well. Nice try though D-Rose. I'm sure it sounded good to you posting that myth.

Please Bruce, don't hurt 'em :hammertime:

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 04:03 PM
:cheers:

catch24
06-20-2009, 04:03 PM

I won't lie, that stat was a lethal injection

juju151111
06-20-2009, 04:06 PM
I won't lie, that stat was a lethal injection
:lol

NBASTATMAN
06-20-2009, 04:11 PM

VS 2006 Detroit Pistons

VS 2004 Detroit Pistons

OUCH... Michael Redd also outplayed Kobe.. I think Redd's stats were better than Kobe vs that same DETROIT TEAM...

andgar923
06-20-2009, 04:13 PM
True, but:

Was right after Kobe fans started "swarming" this thread according to your BFF Bruce. The fact that a few fans who were not laker "stans" called out Wade and those who gave him his praises and acknowledged his performance were KB fans....Saying Wade didn't play with a prime Shaq isn't irrelevant and definitely the truth, but that is no WAY diminishing his finals run.

This isn't the first or only thread or discussion in regards to Wade or Kobe or anthing of the like.

This isn't the only place in the world where basketball is talked and Kobe stans are seen as retards.

Scour the net, go through different online communities etc.etc. Hell... all I gotta do is go outside (since I live in L.A.) and witness the mindboggling stupidity.

And of course its not Laker fans, I always make it perfectly clear to distinguish Laker fans from Kobe STANS two completely different entities.

I also understand the need for Laker fans to defend Kobe, that's completely understandable. But it depends what they defend him on and how they defend him, which often gets them confused with the stans.

I also understand that most top players have stans no matter what team or sport. But Kobe stans take the cake by a mile.

NBASTATMAN
06-20-2009, 04:13 PM

Wow a guy with a head on his shoulders.. And he is a laker fan.. :wtf:

Kidding aside , I may not agree with everything Catch has written in the past but I do agree here... Still kobe is one of the all time greats... I don't think people truly give him enough credit for the first three rings... He wasn't the first option but he was the best second option I have seen since either magic or kareem..Depending who you consider the first or second option..

catch24
06-20-2009, 04:16 PM
This isn't the first or only thread or discussion in regards to Wade or Kobe or anthing of the like.

This isn't the only place in the world where basketball is talked and Kobe stans are seen as retards.

Scour the net, go through different online communities etc.etc. Hell... all I gotta do is go outside (since I live in L.A.) and witness the mindboggling stupidity.

And of course its not Laker fans, I always make it perfectly clear to distinguish Laker fans from Kobe STANS two completely different entities.

I also understand the need for Laker fans to defend Kobe, that's completely understandable. But it depends what they defend him on and how they defend him, which often gets them confused with the stans.

I also understand that most top players have stans no matter what team or sport. But Kobe stans take the cake by a mile.

I have to agree with this, sadly :ohwell:

catch24
06-20-2009, 04:18 PM

Kidding aside , I may not agree with everything Catch has written in the past but I do agree here... Still kobe is one of the all time greats... I don't think people truly give him enough credit for the first three rings... He wasn't the first option but he was the best second option I have seen since either magic or kareem..Depending who you consider the first or second option..

Agreed dude...totally.

joe
06-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Shaq doesn't get enough credit. He was great as a second option and he was still drawing more double teams than Wade for most of that playoff run. He was averaging 20 on 60%+ shooting for most of those playoffs. And people act like Wade was carrying his hobbled carcus towards the promise land or something.

Not to take anything away from Wade, he was spectacular of course.

And let's not pretend Wade didn't get HUGE help from the referees in those finals. Yeah, he was attacking the rim with relentless authority. But the refs were clearly blowing it, pun intended.

DonDadda59
06-20-2009, 04:22 PM

I know he's become the topic of much heated agenda 'debate' but you can't deny Pippen as the best second option, probably ever. Not just what he did on the court (stats, defense, orchestrating the offense) but also his demeanor, he never really wanted to be THE guy, so there was no friction between he and Jordan. If that's not the perfect 'sidekick', then I don't know who is (props to Robin, Barney Rubble, and Shaggy/Scooby depending on who you consider the 'first option')

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 04:24 PM
I know he's become the topic of much heated agenda 'debate' but you can't deny Pippen as the best second option, probably ever. Not just what he did on the court (stats, defense, orchestrating the offense) but also his demeanor, he never really wanted to be THE guy, so there was no friction between he and Jordan. If that's not the perfect 'sidekick', then I don't know who is (props to Robin, Barney Rubble, and Shaggy/Scooby depending on who you consider the 'first option')
:applause:

bdreason
06-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Kobe just won another Championship... without Shaq... or anyone near his dominance... so what's the point?

Kobe has 1 ring with Pau Gasol.

Wade has 1 ring with old Shaq.

Shaq had just as much influence as Gasol in their respective playoff runs. And that Mavs team wasn't any better than this years Magic team.

And for the record, I think Wade is currently superior to Kobe. Arguing prime Kobe vs. Prime Wade is a little more difficult.

D-Rose
06-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Here he goes spinning again. Also, I said Kobe settles for more jumpers, what part of that can't you read. LeBron takes a ton of jumpers too, stop acting like that's the only reason LeBron shoots a higher %.

Give LeBron credit for being the better scorer. That's all you need to do and stop excuse making.
Here's their shot chart for the whole season

http://i42.tinypic.com/fbvke9.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/53n5aq.jpg

LeBron takes 629-468 in the paint....point exactly.

Kobe takes 512-420 in the mid-range...

Bron is 39% from that area...Kobe is 42% from that area. Kobe takes more, makes more. If Lebron took the same amount of shots, his FG% would be even lower in this area.

LBJ = 128/364 from 3 = 35%

KB = 118/334 from 3 = 35%

They are basically even from 3.

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Here's their shot chart for the whole season

http://i42.tinypic.com/fbvke9.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/53n5aq.jpg

LeBron takes 629-468 in the paint....point exactly.

Kobe takes 512-420 in the mid-range...

Bron is 39% from that area...Kobe is 42% from that area. Kobe takes more, makes more. If Lebron took the same amount of shots, his FG% would be even lower in this area.

LBJ = 128/364 from 3 = 35%

KB = 118/334 from 3 = 35%

They are basically even from 3.

You proved my point exactly. Thanks!

D-Rose
06-20-2009, 04:56 PM

You proved my point exactly. Thanks!
Only thing I proved is that Kobe takes a lot more mid range shots and LeBron is in the paint way more than Kobe. The explanation for the high FTA and FG%. Also shows my point that the older you are, the less you will be in the paint.

momo
06-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Dwyane Wade vs Shaq O'Neal 2006 playoffs:

VS Da Bulls:
Wade 24.67ppg 4.50reb 7.17ast 44%fg
Shaq 19.83ppg 10.83reb 2.00ast 61%fg

VS New Jersey Nets:
Wade 27.60ppg 6.00reb 6.60ast 49%fg
Shaq 18.60ppg 7.20reb 2.00ast 57%fg

VS Detrot Pistons
Shaq 21.67ppg 10.50reb 0.33ast 65%fg (Shaq only had 2 assists in the 6 games)

VS Dallas Mavericks

Bonus:

Apparently Kobe fans want me to post Kobe's regular season performances against the Mavs from that year:

44% from the field!

So I guess they do admit that this comparison means something now:

Uhhhh.... What? Did the heat have Kobe in costume playing for them? How did lebrawn get into the game?

gxL
06-20-2009, 06:04 PM
kobe was definitely better than wade in the season. obviously he had the worse team and had to put up 35ppg

bruceblitz
06-20-2009, 06:09 PM
kobe was definitely better than wade in the season. obviously he had the worse team and had to put up 35ppg
That's debateable, but I remember calling up fox sports radio, 670thescore, and sporting news radio in that very off season debating that LeBron was the best player in the NBA that year, here's my proof though:

05-06
LeBron 31.4ppg 7.0reb 6.6ast 48%fg 1.6stl .8blk
Kobe 35.4ppg 5.3reb 4.5ast 45%fg 1.8stl .4blk

Due to the fact that LeBron shot 48% that season, if he took as many shots as Kobe did that season even at a 47-49% clip, he would have outscored Kobe by nearly a point. So the fact that Kobe took so many shots, is why people viewed him as having the best year. Grantite 45% isn't pitiful but it isn't up to par with LeBron's shot % that year.

Don't give me "Kobe had to take those shots" because LeBron's team was just as bad.

The more important proof is this:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/awards_2006.html#mvp

LeBron finished 2cnd in MVP voting that year, while Kobe finished in 4th. The voters were spot on by having LeBron ranked higher than Kobe that year.

BFRESH44
06-20-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm still baffled till this day how the Hell Wade shot 60% againist the Pistons in the 06 ECF. Digusting:oldlol:

tastystaci
06-20-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm still baffled till this day how the Hell Wade shot 60% againist the Pistons in the 06 ECF. Digusting:oldlol:

I can help you out with that because I actually watched the series. Every time he missed, he got to go the free throw line. They don't call him D-whistle for nothing. If I got a "mulligan" everytime I missed a shot, I'd probably shoot a pretty good % also. :roll:

beasted86
06-20-2009, 07:01 PM
I love it.... Wade has had the worst collective team record of the Kobe/LeBron/Wade debate since 2003, he has neither the MVP awards that Kobe & LeBron got... he currently has the worst team of the 3....

And yet, he's still the most hated on ISH. :oldlol:
I don't think the homers will ever let go of the fact that Wade was the first out of the 3 to win a championship as the leader. :cheers:

BFRESH44
06-20-2009, 07:05 PM
I can help you out with that because I actually watched the series. Every time he missed, he got to go the free throw line. They don't call him D-whistle for nothing. If I got a "mulligan" everytime I missed a shot, I'd probably shoot a pretty good % also. :roll:

Yep, Wade's 8.6 per game(not even double digits :oldlol: ) on avg trips to the charity really put the Heat over the edge. :violin:

tastystaci
06-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Yep, Wade's 8.6 per game(not even double digits :oldlol: ) on avg trips to the charity really put the Heat over the edge. :violin:

WTF are you talking about? He averaged over 16+ freethrows per game in the finals alone.

BFRESH44
06-20-2009, 07:11 PM
WTF are you talking about? He averaged over 16+ freethrows per game in the finals alone.

WTF are you talking about? Who's talking about the Finals? We're talking about the 2006 Eastern Conference Finals, where according to you Wade 'was given a mulligan' everytime he shot the ball.

Clearly that was evident with his resounding 8.6 free attempts per game that series, right? :oldlol:

tastystaci
06-20-2009, 07:21 PM
WTF are you talking about? Who's talking about the Finals? We're talking about the 2006 Eastern Conference Finals, where according to you Wade 'was given a mulligan' everytime he shot the ball.

Clearly that was evident with his resounding 8.6 free attempts per game that series, right? :oldlol:

Like I said, I actually WATCHED the series. Wade shot 19 free throws in game 4 alone...IN DETROIT :roll: I'll let you guess who won that one. His average was down for the series because the 5th and 6th games ended up being blowouts, Stern eventually got what he wanted, ripping the Pistons hearts out with horrendous call after horrendous call. Wade only shot 3 free throws and 2 free throws in games 5 and 6 respectively...two of the biggest blowouts of the series.

aj242
06-20-2009, 08:19 PM
[QUOTE=BFRESH44]I'm still baffled till this day how the Hell Wade shot 60% againist the Pistons in the 06 ECF. Digusting:oldlol:[/QUOTE

Still to this day the Finals overshadow what he did to them. He BBQ'd them every which way to the point of embarrassment. Hamilton/Prince were completely helpless.

Really the only good defense was with Lyndsay Hunter's ball denial. When he did get the ball, he torched him too. Just an eye opening series.:bowdown:

plowking
06-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Wade had one of the greatest playoff runs and finals ever.

What is fatal talking about? As far as I know, the Mavs were the 8th best defensive team in the playoofs that year. They beat the 1st and 2nd best defensive teams in the playoffs in Memphis and San Antonio.

Kobe faced easier teams than this 60 win team before. Why couldn't he torch those Pacers, or Nets? They sure as hell weren't as good defensively as the Mavs were. You need to quit with your agenda and just admit that Wade was incredible.

chitownsfinest
06-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Wade had one of the greatest playoff runs and finals ever.

What is fatal talking about? As far as I know, the Mavs were the 8th best defensive team in the playoofs that year. They beat the 1st and 2nd best defensive teams in the playoffs in Memphis and San Antonio.

Kobe faced easier teams than this 60 win team before. Why couldn't he torch those Pacers, or Nets? They sure as hell weren't as good defensively as the Mavs were. You need to quit with your agenda and just admit that Wade was incredible.
Agreed. It's sad that the haters always diminish it. Even more sadder then haters diminishing Hakeem's two titles just because they happened in years Jordan wasn't there for or was not completely ready. Wade practically willed his team to the championship that season.