PDA

View Full Version : John Wall or Derrick Rose Who will be the Better Player?

Batman
06-21-2009, 02:28 AM
I saw this in the HS thread. I was surprised at the amount of people who said Wall will be better thoughts? Just how good is John Wall? His Celing? Same with Rose.

BrentISballin
06-21-2009, 02:57 AM
one is in the nba, one has never played higher than highschool. How is anybody supposed to know:rolleyes:

Bodhi
06-21-2009, 03:00 AM
Wall looks amazing when he's going up against unathletic high school players. Let's wait until we see how his game translates in the NBA before we make comparisons.

GiveItToBurrito
06-21-2009, 05:39 AM
I hate taking the easy way out and saying we won't know until he plays in college or the NBA, but I really think that is the case with high schoolers. Like, Brandon Jennings didn't look that much better than Wall at this point, and he could easily not even be drafted in the top ten. He's looked good from what I've seen, but all I've seen are highlight clips, so I have no idea how he'll do.

Vinny del Negro
06-21-2009, 07:05 AM
too early to tell.

OneMoreSucka
06-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Good players who go to those religious schools should get hype-points automatically deducted. Let's face it, the competition isn't exactly great. And judging by the videos, he looks like some cocky kid that will think he's too good for college and pull a Brandon Jennings, only to fail miserably.

NuggetsFan
06-21-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm going to with the safer choice at the moment and say Derrick Rose, John Wall hasn't even played college ball yet. There's really no way of telling tho.

GOBB
06-21-2009, 03:24 PM
And judging by the videos, he looks like some cocky kid that will think he's too good for college and pull a Brandon Jennings, only to fail miserably.

He is going to college and never had plans to test the NBA rules making himself eligible for this draft (2009). So you're misinformed and ignorant to John Wall. You could look at videos and say "Rose is a cocky sommabish" only to feel a bit silly when you actually hear him speak to the media.

OneMoreSucka
06-21-2009, 05:06 PM
He is going to college and never had plans to test the NBA rules making himself eligible for this draft (2009). So you're misinformed and ignorant to John Wall. You could look at videos and say "Rose is a cocky sommabish" only to feel a bit silly when you actually hear him speak to the media.
Meh, I have enough trouble tracking nba prospects from college, let alone high school kids going to college.

White Chocolate
06-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Too early to tell, though the safe choice at the moment is Rose.

GOBB
06-21-2009, 05:16 PM
I will agree he does have to mature a bit. He wont be able to taunt kids in college who arent inferior to his talents. So he'll be humbled when he faces some real competition.

theballerFKA Ace
06-21-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm tired of these short 6'2"-6"3" PG/SG hybrids like Rose, Mayo and the aforementioned John Wall. When are we going to start seeing some star quality pure shooting guards with height and a perimeter game like Kobe, TMac and Reggie Miller? :confusedshrug:

GOBB
06-21-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm tired of these short 6'2"-6"3" PG/SG hybrids like Rose, Mayo and the aforementioned John Wall. When are we going to start seeing some star quality pure shooting guards with height and a perimeter game like Kobe, TMac and Reggie Miller? :confusedshrug:

We got them you're just not paying much attention. Open your eyes :confusedshrug:

theballerFKA Ace
06-21-2009, 05:39 PM
We got them you're just not paying much attention. Open your eyes :confusedshrug:

Who Manu, Joe Johnson, Kevin Martin? Meh...:ohwell: They are not the superstar level SGs I am talking about. Dwayne Wade started out as the same PG/SG hybrid when he first hit the NBA too because of his height and poor perimeter shooting. Brandon Roy is the only star level pure SG out there that can even begin to fill the shoes of the bigger SGs like Kobe, TMac and Reggie Miller.

Darius
06-21-2009, 05:54 PM
obviously too earlier to say but i wouldnt bet against that John Wall kid - his highlights are absurrd.

Dengness9
06-21-2009, 07:16 PM
lol that's what they said about rose... i remember quite well, during his senior year.

Im from Chicago and your wrong. When Rose was busy repeating as Ill State Champs at Simeon, most people knew he was going to be a star in college and eventually the L. Rose has been a star child since he was 15.

John Wall will be good to great most likely, but comparing and saying he will be better than Rose at this point is pretty stupid.

Bigsmoke
06-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Rose tied tied Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's NBA record for points scored by a rookie in his playoff debut.

what the hell this John Wall dude has ever done?

enayes
06-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Rose.

Bigsmoke
06-22-2009, 12:19 AM
Rose.

AZ is ill

he was in the album in MY av :rockon:

IInvented
06-22-2009, 12:34 AM
Who the **** is John Wall?

Bigsmoke
06-22-2009, 12:36 AM

Kim has to be Eminem's greatest track :rockon:

trig
06-22-2009, 01:35 AM
who looks better at same point of their career?

FIXED
06-23-2009, 03:26 PM

John Wall at 6'3-6'4 Hybird Guard. We are seeing pretty much all Guards like this the days of MJ 6'6 protypical SG are over. With Guys like O.J. Mayo, Derrick Rose, Eric Gordon, Jared Bayless at in that 6'2-6'4 Hybird guard.

John Wall in the Best Player in the Class of 2009.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FKSqSJ7-7k

IInvented
06-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Derrick Rose>>>>>John Wall

ZHAKIDD532
06-23-2009, 03:44 PM
No way to know. I know Derrick Rose can play in the NBA, I don't know much about John Wall.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
06-23-2009, 04:13 PM
John Wall is going to be sick

jjayfive
06-23-2009, 04:30 PM
wall doesn't have the rose quickness, but he does have some hops....

Jinxed
06-23-2009, 04:32 PM
LMAO at Manu not being a superstar while having better stats than Tmac and Kobe and 3 championship rings. When will people learn.

John Wall is a freak athlete. Whether he has the brains and work ethic to develop a SKILL SET remains to be seen.

John Smith
06-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Rose dominated the Chicago city league. Wall is going up against a bunch of stiff carolina boys. I'll take Rose all day.

GOBB
06-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Rose dominated the Chicago city league. Wall is going up against a bunch of stiff carolina boys. I'll take Rose all day.

Doesnt matter. Both players relied on thier athletic ability more than skill. And both needed to prove they not only had skill but can develop into PGs. Derrick Rose is still developing but he worked on this his 1 year in college. John Wall will have to do the same thing. Derrick Rose was once in John Wall shoes this time last year. What you said doesnt give a reader much help in the title of this thread. You'll take Rose because in high school he dominated better competition. I'm so sold on your opinon. :rolleyes:

Anyway, John Wall will have his chance to showcase his talent, skills in college. He has alot of hype attatched to him. How his career and Rose pans out? Guessing game at this stage. People will pick Rose due to the familiarity. You've seen him in college. You've seen in in a reg season and playoffs. John Wall? Just highlight clips and articles of someone elses views on his game.

John Smith
06-23-2009, 04:57 PM
The Chicago City League is rough. John Wall is big headed and soft compared to Derrick Rose.

GOBB
06-23-2009, 05:04 PM
John Wall is big headed and soft compared to Derrick Rose.

Based on what?

John Smith
06-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Based on where the Rose family lives and where the Wall family lives.

lolwut
06-23-2009, 05:06 PM
they'll both make a few all-star teams

White Chocolate
06-23-2009, 05:07 PM
they'll both make a few all-star teams

Rose, yes. Wall hasn't played a minute in the NBA. For all we know, he could be the next Smush Parker.

GOBB
06-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Based on where the Rose family lives and where the Wall family lives.

:wtf:

Seriously ISH needs to demote posters to the developmental league (ISHDL) if they continute to say moronic things of this nature.

John Smith
06-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Gobb...you see no difference in the make up of a man based upon the environment in which they grow up in? Clearly you favor nature over nurture. You should be demoted for thinking the tobacco fields of the Carolinas can compete with the South Side of Chicago.

White Chocolate
06-23-2009, 05:14 PM
Gobb...you see no difference in the make up of a man based upon the environment in which they grow up in? Clearly you favor nature over nurture. You should be demoted for thinking the tobacco fields of the Carolinas can compete with the South Side of Chicago.

MJ is from the Carolinas. What's your point?

lolwut
06-23-2009, 05:14 PM
Rose, yes. Wall hasn't played a minute in the NBA. For all we know, he could be the next Smush Parker.

Yeah I'm going out on a limb

call me clairvoyant when it happens

call me mistaken when it doesn't

and Go Yankees.

John Smith
06-23-2009, 05:22 PM
MJ is from the Carolinas. What's your point?

LOL...MJ is a God and stands alone.

We are talking about Wall v. Rose here, pal.

GOBB
06-23-2009, 05:33 PM

You have no clue to the upbringing and enviroment in which John Wall lived.

Arent you one of those KG is a punk, Rasheed Wallace is a thug posters?

kumquat
10-19-2010, 06:00 AM
bump

Glide2keva
10-19-2010, 06:18 AM
I'm a Derrick Rose fan. That being said can we stop with all the comparison threads?

How about we let these guys play a few seasons and then judge them accordingly?

Sounds like a radical idea I know but it just might work.

NuggetsFan
10-19-2010, 06:22 AM
I'm a Derrick Rose fan. That being said can we stop with all the comparison threads?

How about we let these guys play a few seasons and then judge them accordingly?

Sounds like a radical idea I know but it just might work.

I know some comparisons like this one(heck this was made before John Wall hit college) seem tiring but how can you not compare two young and athletic PG's like Wall\Rose? Any comparison of players that play the same position and have as much potential as these two are aloud to be beaten to death in my opinion. Both #1 picks overall too.

The_Yearning
10-19-2010, 09:46 AM
John Wall is already better than D Rose. Derrick Rose still hasn't shown me any PG abilities. Still the pseudo wannabe 2 guard.

Glide2keva
10-19-2010, 09:56 AM
John Wall is already better than D Rose. Derrick Rose still hasn't shown me any PG abilities. Still the pseudo wannabe 2 guard.
Of course he is.

mayo'sgrizz
10-19-2010, 10:27 AM
ill take the guy thts proven himself in the nba and led an injury plagued team to the playoffs.