PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James..."check my stats".

Pages : [1] 2

The Logo
06-21-2009, 12:54 PM
LeBron James Ego Tour Rolls On
TMZ.com
http://i42.tinypic.com/v5jvbm.jpg

Wow Lebron, feeling a little insecure are we? :lol

It's not his fault. ESPN had the Cavs winning the title for sure. Lebron bought into all that hype so imagine his shock when they didn't even get to the finals and now, he has to watch Kobe and the Lakers parade around their championship trophy as everyone celebrates them.

All athletes have big egos but have we ever seen Jordan or Kobe or even A-Rod wear a t-shirt that says "check my stats"? :oldlol: That is something only an insecure individual would do because he has no rings to show off so the best he can come up with are his stats, which are pointless because what good are your stats if you can't help you team win the championship? :confusedshrug:

kumquat
06-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Premature balding.....check

hair...1
lebron...0

miles berg
06-21-2009, 01:02 PM
I doubt he is truly worried about it. Everyone and their dog knows that he is the best player in the NBA now that Tim Duncan has taken a step down. There really is no competition for him at the top spot. Duncan, Kobe, CP3, Wade, Dirk, & Dwight are all really great players but LeBron is the best player and he knows it. I mean, he isnt out there playing with Pau Gasol or Paul Pierce as his 2nd options, he has Mo Williams. Huge difference.

Give the guy a sidekick and he would be winning title after title.

barbaroi
06-21-2009, 01:05 PM
I doubt he is truly worried about it. Everyone and their dog knows that he is the best player in the NBA now that Tim Duncan has taken a step down. There really is no competition for him at the top spot. Duncan, Kobe, CP3, Wade, Dirk, & Dwight are all really great players but LeBron is the best player and he knows it. I mean, he isnt out there playing with Pau Gasol or Paul Pierce as his 2nd options, he has Mo Williams. Huge difference.

Which is why his shirt says "get me a sidekick!"... oh wait.

I checked his stats and in the last game he played it had a L in the boxscore. He should worry about winning not stats.

phoenix18
06-21-2009, 01:07 PM

I checked his stats and in the last game he played it had a L in the boxscore. He should worry about winning not stats.
What else could he have done? He tried everything to win.

OneMoreSucka
06-21-2009, 01:08 PM
The dollar sign to me makes "stats" mean "money". Financial stats, if you will.

Just looks like some more arrogance he picked up from Jay-Z. Still don't see a problem with it, because he obviously doesn't give a **** what any of us think.

SESSEL15
Ease up people, i doubt he means anything by it.

bruceblitz

His team has an L in the box score. Teams lose, players can impact a loss, players can impact a win, and teams can win. You also have the occasion where a player plays great, his team doesn't, and they lose...which was the case for LeBron this year.

DonDadda59
06-21-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm a big fan of Lebron's game but it seems like he's turning more and more into a prima donna d*uchebag everyday. First storming off like a 3-year old when the Cavs lost to the Magic, then wearing the 'MVP' shirt, now this? The man better hire some image consultants quick...

thejumpa
06-21-2009, 01:09 PM
I wonder if he'll were a shirt next time with "Guess how many dickriders I have?"......because that is all I see

It's a SHIRT, not a way of life. Get over it.

BEDSTUY 718
06-21-2009, 01:10 PM
last time i check mo was his sidekick idk more excuse if u ask me

DuMa
06-21-2009, 01:11 PM
just a tshirt

bruceblitz

Just looks like some more arrogance he picked up from Jay-Z. Still don't see a problem with it, because he obviously doesn't give a **** what any of us think.
I don't have a problem with it either....

Let's check his stats:
04-05:
LeBron 27.2ppg 7.4reb 7.2ast 47%fg 2.2stl .7blk

05-06
LeBron 31.4ppg 7.0reb 6.6ast 48%fg 1.6stl .8blk

06-07
LeBron 27.3ppg 7.0reb 6.6ast 48%fg 1.6stl .8blk

07-08
LeBron 30.0ppg 7.9reb 7.2ast 48%fg 1.8stl 1.1blk

08-09
LeBron 28.4ppg 7.6reb 7.2ast 49%fg 1.7stl 1.1blk

Accumulated stats the last 5 years:
LeBron James 28.9ppg 7.3reb 6.9ast 48%fg 1.8stl .9blk

LeBron vs Orlando 2009 playoffs...38.5ppg 48.7%fg 8.3reb 8ast 1.16blk 1.16stl

Playoffs 2009: 35.3ppg 51%fg 9reb 7ast

LeBron's first 6 years in the NBA have been better than most all time great's primes. That's the difference between ranking LeBron as compared to other players, right from the start he's put up Hall of Fame performances night in and night out. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I came to my conclusions after over a year of contemplation. It wasn't like I just threw that list together. I made the best case I could for every single player, including Kobe, and I took LeBron's faults and shortcomings into mind as well. When you think about the fact that it took Jordan 11 seasons of playing most the year to finish top 10 in the MVP voting 11 times, and LeBron has already done that 6 times in 6 seasons, he's only 4 years away from matching a mark that Jordan posted over his entire career. I personally think a lot of people underrate LeBron because he's only 24. The type of production and level of greatness LeBron has produced in his first 6 years is the type of production you usually see during a legend's peak.

Became the youngest player in NBA history to score 11,000 points (23 years, 324 days) and 12,000 points (24 years, 35 days) during the season.

Became the youngest player (23 years, 308 days) and fastest (395 games) to reach the following totals: 10,000 points, 2,500 rebounds, 2,500 assists, 700 steals and 300 blocks.

Scored 41 points in three of the Cavs first eight games (41 vs. Chi on Nov. 5th and 8th and 41 vs. Milwaukee on Nov. 11th), becoming the first player since Michael Jordan in 1991 to score 40-or-more in at least three of a team's first eight games of a season.
With 38 points, seven rebounds, six assists, three blocks and four steals versus Boston on Jan. 9, he became the first person reach those numbers in a game since David Robinson on March 19, 1994.

Totaled 23 points, 15 rebounds, 11 assists and three blocks versus Sacramento on Jan. 27th, posting at least those numbers in a game since Larry Bird in 1987.

Tallied 33 points, 14 rebounds and nine assists on Jan. 24th at Utah, becoming the first player to record at least those numbers in a non-overtime game since Kevin Garnett in 2004.

At Madison Square Garden on Feb. 4th, James posted 52 points, nine rebounds, 11 assists and two blocks against the Knicks. The last player to have at least those numbers in a game was Wilt Chamberlain on March 18th, 1968. He joined Michael Jordan as the only two visitors to MSG to have multiple 50-point games.

Made a 2008-09 NBA season-high tying eight three-pointers on 11 attempts on his way to a season-best 55 points at Milwaukee on Feb. 20.

Became only the 12th player in NBA history to have three consecutive triple-doubles (March 7th, 10th and 12th).

Lead the Cavaliers in total points, rebounds assists, steals and blocks. He joins Kevin Garnett (MIN - 2002), Scottie Pippen (CHI -1994) and Dave Cowens (BOS - 1977) as the only players to accomplish that feat.

Posted 43 points, 12 rebounds, eight assists, four steals and a block versus Orlando on March 17th, joining Larry Bird in 1992 as the only players to record at least those numbers in a game.

With a PER ranking above 31.5, James is on pace to not only lead the league , but also have one of the top three seasons all-time (Michael Jordan currently owns the top four seasons: 1987-91).

Is the only active player in the NBA to have five consecutive seasons with at least 2,000 points and became just the ninth in NBA history, joining legends Kareem Abdul-Jabar, George Gervin, Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlin, Dominique Wilkins, Oscar Robertson, Alex English and Karl Malone all-time.

With his fourth season of at least 2,000 points, 500 rebounds and 500 assists, James became the 2nd player in NBA history (Oscar Robertson) to post at least those numbers in four seasons or more.

LeBron James finished March with 479 points, 152 rebounds and 143 assists. The only other player in NBA history to reach each of those totals in one month is Oscar Robertson, who did it in eight separate months, most recently in January 1965.

That's a nice resume.

barbaroi
What else could he have done? He tried everything to win.
You say this, but his teammates were good enough to win 66 games with and sweep the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. Why did he suddenly decide to switch to Lebron ball? I'm sorry but holding onto the ball for 18 seconds out of every 24 second clock and then trying to shoot or kick it isn't the way to win games. Of course you're going to build up monster stats like that, but you won't win.

miles berg
06-21-2009, 01:12 PM
last time i check mo was his sidekick idk more excuse if u ask me

Mo Williams?

ROFL

Ok, Mo Williams ranks right up there with other great sidekicks of the modern era like Worthy, Kareem, Pippen, Kobe, Paul Pierce, & Gasol.

Right there on the same page!

Fatal9
06-21-2009, 01:13 PM
The King of last second triple doubles :oldlol:

Peter Griffin
06-21-2009, 01:13 PM
Money, Attitude, and Cockiness! Can't say im suprised!

More should be like this guy!
http://donchavez.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/bird.jpg

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm a big fan of Lebron's game but it seems like he's turning more and more into a prima donna d*uchebag everyday. First storming off like a 3-year old when the Cavs lost to the Magic, then wearing the 'MVP' shirt, now this? The man better hire some image consultants quick...
Storming off the court: been done many many times in the game's history, why would that bother you?

Wearing an MVP shirt: he is the MVP

Wearing a check my stats shirt: it's called swagga

So he's showing a little swagga, that's a good thing. At least he's not gonna fold up his tent, start demanding a trade from his team, call out teammates and tell them he wants to ship their ass out, see where I'm going with this?

inclinerator
dumb ****s got nothing better to do than to take these pictures and have a whole forum full of idiots criticize it.

barbaroi

Let's check his stats:
04-05:

05-06

06-07

07-08

08-09

LeBron's first 6 years in the NBA have been better than most all time great's primes. That's the difference between ranking LeBron as compared to other players, right from the start he's put up Hall of Fame performances night in and night out. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I came to my conclusions after over a year of contemplation. It wasn't like I just threw that list together. I made the best case I could for every single player, including Kobe, and I took LeBron's faults and shortcomings into mind as well. When you think about the fact that it took Jordan 11 seasons of playing most the year to finish top 10 in the MVP voting 11 times, and LeBron has already done that 6 times in 6 seasons, he's only 4 years away from matching a mark that Jordan posted over his entire career. I personally think a lot of people underrate LeBron because he's only 24. The type of production and level of greatness LeBron has produced in his first 6 years is the type of production you usually see during a legend's peak.

Became the youngest player in NBA history to score 11,000 points (23 years, 324 days) and 12,000 points (24 years, 35 days) during the season.

Became the youngest player (23 years, 308 days) and fastest (395 games) to reach the following totals: 10,000 points, 2,500 rebounds, 2,500 assists, 700 steals and 300 blocks.

Scored 41 points in three of the Cavs first eight games (41 vs. Chi on Nov. 5th and 8th and 41 vs. Milwaukee on Nov. 11th), becoming the first player since Michael Jordan in 1991 to score 40-or-more in at least three of a team's first eight games of a season.
With 38 points, seven rebounds, six assists, three blocks and four steals versus Boston on Jan. 9, he became the first person reach those numbers in a game since David Robinson on March 19, 1994.

Totaled 23 points, 15 rebounds, 11 assists and three blocks versus Sacramento on Jan. 27th, posting at least those numbers in a game since Larry Bird in 1987.

Tallied 33 points, 14 rebounds and nine assists on Jan. 24th at Utah, becoming the first player to record at least those numbers in a non-overtime game since Kevin Garnett in 2004.

At Madison Square Garden on Feb. 4th, James posted 52 points, nine rebounds, 11 assists and two blocks against the Knicks. The last player to have at least those numbers in a game was Wilt Chamberlain on March 18th, 1968. He joined Michael Jordan as the only two visitors to MSG to have multiple 50-point games.

Made a 2008-09 NBA season-high tying eight three-pointers on 11 attempts on his way to a season-best 55 points at Milwaukee on Feb. 20.

Became only the 12th player in NBA history to have three consecutive triple-doubles (March 7th, 10th and 12th).

Lead the Cavaliers in total points, rebounds assists, steals and blocks. He joins Kevin Garnett (MIN - 2002), Scottie Pippen (CHI -1994) and Dave Cowens (BOS - 1977) as the only players to accomplish that feat.

Posted 43 points, 12 rebounds, eight assists, four steals and a block versus Orlando on March 17th, joining Larry Bird in 1992 as the only players to record at least those numbers in a game.

With a PER ranking above 31.5, James is on pace to not only lead the league , but also have one of the top three seasons all-time (Michael Jordan currently owns the top four seasons: 1987-91).

Is the only active player in the NBA to have five consecutive seasons with at least 2,000 points and became just the ninth in NBA history, joining legends Kareem Abdul-Jabar, George Gervin, Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlin, Dominique Wilkins, Oscar Robertson, Alex English and Karl Malone all-time.

With his fourth season of at least 2,000 points, 500 rebounds and 500 assists, James became the 2nd player in NBA history (Oscar Robertson) to post at least those numbers in four seasons or more.

LeBron James finished March with 479 points, 152 rebounds and 143 assists. The only other player in NBA history to reach each of those totals in one month is Oscar Robertson, who did it in eight separate months, most recently in January 1965.

That's a nice resume.
You forgot this in your copy paste buddy: 0 Rings

bruceblitz
The King of last second triple doubles :oldlol:
Fatal9, I wish they would have kept you banned.

Fatal9 = LeBron James HATER / Kobe Bryant LOVER

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 01:15 PM
You forgot this in your copy paste buddy: 0 Rings
Do you feel better now? So you mean to tell me if LeBron came into the league with a prime Shaq as a teammate that he wouldn't have 4 championships by now? Damn idiots.

Peter Griffin
06-21-2009, 01:15 PM

]

Damage Control/PR Staff Boy!

Freakin Sweet!:lol

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 01:18 PM
This message is hidden because Peter Griffin is on your ignore list.

bleedinpurpleTwo
Do you feel better now? So you mean to tell me if LeBron came into the league with a prime Shaq as a teammate that he wouldn't have 4 championships by now? Damn idiots.

and if Lebron had prime Pippen AND prime Rodman...he would also have championships.

likewise, if Kobe had those guys, he would have more championships too... but Gasol and Odom was sufficient.

Rake2204
I also do not have a problem with this shirt. I checked his stats and they were really good.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 01:19 PM
and if Lebron had prime Pippen AND prime Rodman...he would also have championships.

likewise, if Kobe had those guys, he would have more championships too.
You are trying to say that Rodman was in his prime with my Chicago Bulls?
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

They wouldn't win as many as Jordan did, that's for sure.

Peter Griffin
06-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Storming off the court: been done many many times in the game's history, why would that bother you?

Wearing an MVP shirt: he is the MVP

Wearing a check my stats shirt: it's called swagga

So he's showing a little swagga, that's a good thing. At least he's not gonna fold up his tent, start demanding a trade from his team, call out teammates and tell them he wants to ship their ass out, see where I'm going with this?

I wonder if he say's this excuses if Bryant had done this!?

barbaroi
06-21-2009, 01:21 PM
His team won 66 games, he won MVP, he had an all-star teammate, coach of the year, and he didn't even make the finals. That right there is a fail. Kobe got criticism when he didn't do anything but hold the ball and chuck, so should Lebron. The only difference is that instead of shooting most of the time at the end of the clock like Kobe did 05-07, he'll occasionally pass to a teamate who is ice cold because they haven't had the ball in their hands for more than 3 seconds the whole game.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 01:24 PM
His team won 66 games, he won MVP, he had an all-star teammate, coach of the year, and he didn't even make the finals. That right there is a fail. Kobe got criticism when he didn't do anything but hold the ball and chuck, so should Lebron. The only difference is that instead of shooting most of the time at the end of the clock like Kobe did 05-07, he'll occasionally pass to a teamate who is ice cold because they haven't had the ball in their hands for more than 3 seconds the whole game.
You are calling LeBron a chucker? enough said....

:oldlol: :wtf: :oldlol:

Mikaiel
06-21-2009, 01:26 PM
You say this, but his teammates were good enough to win 66 games with and sweep the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. Why did he suddenly decide to switch to Lebron ball? I'm sorry but holding onto the ball for 18 seconds out of every 24 second clock and then trying to shoot or kick it isn't the way to win games. Of course you're going to build up monster stats like that, but you won't win.

For the 458794578th time :

The offense was fine.

The Cavs lost this series on the defensive end. :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

There was nothing wrong about our offense. I repeat : There was nothing wrong about our offense.

There was nothing wrong about our offense.

cotdt

Does Lebron make you feel insecure? I hope Lebron continues to act like a winner, and carry on that prima donna attitude ala Kobe. We don't need any more boring Howard-type personalities in the NBA, people who smile too much so that fans would like them.

Allstar24
just a tshirt
:oldlol: Biggest hypocrite on this board...you would be the first to blast Kobe if he wore the same shirt.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 01:27 PM

The offense was fine.

The Cavs lost this series on the defensive end. :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

There was nothing wrong about our offense. I repeat : There was nothing wrong about our offense.

(Pulls up the numbers)

barbaroi
06-21-2009, 01:29 PM
You are calling LeBron a chucker? enough said....

:oldlol: :wtf: :oldlol:
You should check your reading comprehension dude. Notice the last sentence: "The only difference is that instead of shooting most of the time at the end of the clock like Kobe did 05-07, he'll occasionally pass to a teamate who is ice cold because they haven't had the ball in their hands for more than 3 seconds the whole game."
He's not a chucker because instead of taking the FG% killing shot and the end of the clock, he kicks it to an out-of-rhythm teammate. So he preserves his stats, but its not a winning formula, just like the chucker Kobe wasn't a winning formula. However, atleast Kobe had the excuse that his teammates weren't good at all. The cavs rolled through 90 games playing team ball. Then in the last 6 Lebron decided to take over, and it didn't work.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 01:31 PM

The offense was fine.

Mo Williams game log:

5-14 35.7%
8-13 61.5%
1-11 9.1%
9-14 64.3%
7-12 58.3%
5-11 45.5%
5-13 38.5%
4-11 36.4%
6-19 31.6%
7-21 33.3%
5-16 31.3%
5-15 33%
7-14 50%
6-12 50%

Mo Williams shot under 50% in 9 out of 14 games. Great offense. What a sidekick!

DuMa
06-21-2009, 01:33 PM
:oldlol: Biggest hypocrite on this board...you would be the first to blast Kobe if he wore the same shirt.

assumptions. the making of a fine ass.

Butters
06-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Bla the MVP one i got a chuckle out of,not its just getting old.Let the guy wear what he wants,stupid TMZ and there fugly workers.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 01:36 PM
You should check your reading comprehension dude. Notice the last sentence: "The only difference is that instead of shooting most of the time at the end of the clock like Kobe did 05-07, he'll occasionally pass to a teamate who is ice cold because they haven't had the ball in their hands for more than 3 seconds the whole game."
He's not a chucker because instead of taking the FG% killing shot and the end of the clock, he kicks it to an out-of-rhythm teammate. So he preserves his stats, but its not a winning formula, just like the chucker Kobe wasn't a winning formula. However, atleast Kobe had the excuse that his teammates weren't good at all. The cavs rolled through 90 games playing team ball. Then in the last 6 Lebron decided to take over, and it didn't work.
Dude, I disagree 100%. LeBron creates shots for his teammates all night long. You must not watch many Cavs games.

Your re-education starts here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UguTCRRfekM&feature=PlayList&p=071923CAD2E4936B&index=0&playnext=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XKBCNTbAXM&feature=PlayList&p=D149D39D4E816EC3&index=0&playnext=1

You are wrong in so many ways. I'm not even gonna take time to entertain this false information other than post visual proof why you are wrong.

inclinerator
06-21-2009, 01:36 PM
no the problem is lebron hid his team failure well when he was doing everything the 1st 2 rounds, but the matter of fact is the entire team other than him was playing horrible those 1st two rounds so dont say all that 66 wins excuse and coach of the year crap because i wouldnt be surprised if they lost to the detroit in the 1st round without lebron.

DonDadda59
06-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Does Lebron make you feel insecure? I hope Lebron continues to act like a winner, and carry on that prima donna attitude ala Kobe. We don't need any more boring Howard-type personalities in the NBA, people who smile too much so that fans would like them.

What the f*ck are you talking about? You're easily the dumbest poster on ISH.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Mo Williams game log:

5-14 35.7%
8-13 61.5%
1-11 9.1%
9-14 64.3%
7-12 58.3%
5-11 45.5%
5-13 38.5%
4-11 36.4%
6-19 31.6%
7-21 33.3%
5-16 31.3%
5-15 33%
7-14 50%
6-12 50%

Mo Williams shot under 50% in 9 out of 14 games. Great offense. What a sidekick!

:roll: :roll:
1. didn't MJ shoot 48% in the playoffs...for his career!!! (which is quite good).
2. only 5 guards IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE, who score at least 15ppg, shot over 50%.

Perimeter players don't average 50%.

GMW
06-21-2009, 01:43 PM
act like a winner :oldlol:

BIG FURB
06-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Threads like this are why people hate kobe, his fans are idiots. Ya boy won a championship people, who cares if he's been superseded as the best player in the game.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 01:44 PM
1. didn't MJ shoot 48% in the playoffs...for his career!!! (which is quite good).

Mo Williams played terrible in key games, I guess you don't understand that, and you obviously didn't watch the playoffs.

Mo Williams in the first 4 games of the Magic series:
6-19 31.6%
7-21 33.3%
5-16 31.3%
5-15 33%

By the way, Jordan had numerous seasons and playoff runs shooting over 50%.

Mikaiel
06-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Mo Williams game log:

5-14 35.7%
8-13 61.5%
1-11 9.1%
9-14 64.3%
7-12 58.3%
5-11 45.5%
5-13 38.5%
4-11 36.4%
6-19 31.6%
7-21 33.3%
5-16 31.3%
5-15 33%
7-14 50%
6-12 50%

You want stats ?

Orlando's offense in that series :

103.7 points
48.2 FG%
40.8 3P%
10.3 three point baskets per game

That's why we lost.

Compare that to our regular season numbers :

91.4 points (1st in the league)
43.1 FG% (1st in the league)
33.3 3P% (1st in the league)
5.9 three point baskets per game (7th in the league)

It's so simple to blame the loss on Mo Williams because he couldn't find his shot. Our defense was the real problem.

barbaroi
06-21-2009, 01:46 PM
Dude, I disagree 100%. LeBron creates shots for his teammates all night long. You must not watch many Cavs games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UguTCRRfekM&feature=PlayList&p=071923CAD2E4936B&index=0&playnext=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XKBCNTbAXM&feature=PlayList&p=D149D39D4E816EC3&index=0&playnext=1

You are wrong in so many ways. I'm not even gonna take time to entertain this false information other than post visual proof why you are wrong.
I watched a huge number of Cavs games this year actually, and I'm not disagreeing that he was creating shots for them. However, during the year, though he dominated the ball an awful lot, it wasn't nearly to the extent that he did it in the Cavs-Magic series. Literally there wasn't a posession in the 2nd half of some games in that series that didn't run through his hands. You can't expect his teammates to just sit there and not touch the ball for a 2-3 minute stretch, and then when Lebron kicks it to them have them hit the shot. It just won't happen.

If you notice in the first half of games 1 and 2 when they built those big leads, every Cav on the floor was being allowed to create; they played team ball. In the second half however, it degenerated into give it to Lebron and let him do something. This also goes back to the defense aspect, because whether you like it or not when a person's offense is flowing their effort on defense increases.

Fatal9
06-21-2009, 01:49 PM
:oldlol: at the precedence of a good game being an arbritrary 50 FG% mark.

Guess Lebron was horrible in the Magic series as he only shot over 50% in 2 of the 6 games. Not saying Mo Williams played well, but the stats you throw up on here are meaningless as hell.

BIG FURB
06-21-2009, 01:49 PM

But they should shoot better than 41% from the field in the playoffs, or at least step up their production in other areas, especially if people want to pass them off as quality sidekicks

KOBERAMBIS
06-21-2009, 01:50 PM
LET'S ALL SING...LEBRON JAMES...OVERRATED OVERRATED...

DOMINIQUE JR DOMINQUE JR DOMINQUE JR...

I'M A STAT WHORE I'M A STAT WHORE I'M A STAT WHORE...

THE DUDE IS ONE BIG EGOMANIACAL STAT STUFFING LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATS MEAN $HIT IN THE SCHEME OF THINGS...JUST ASK FAT BOY CHUCK BARKLEY...OH THAT'S RIGHT HE'S GREAT TOO...

BARKLEY NEVER HAD ANY GOOD PLAYERS EITHER...MOSES MALONE, DR. J., MO CHEEKS, ANDREW TONEY, HAKEEM, AINGE, KEVIN JOHNSON, DAN MARJLE...YEP NOT A DECENT PLAYER IN THE BUNCH...:roll:

BIG FURB
06-21-2009, 01:52 PM
LET'S ALL SING...LEBRON JAMES...OVERRATED OVERRATED...

DOMINIQUE JR DOMINQUE JR DOMINQUE JR...

I'M A STAT WHORE I'M A STAT WHORE I'M A STAT WHORE...

THE DUDE IS ONE BIG EGOMANIACAL STAT STUFFING LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATS MEAN $HIT IN THE SCHEME OF THINGS...JUST ASK FAT BOY CHUCK BARKLEY...OH THAT'S RIGHT HE'S GREAT TOO...

BARKLEY NEVER HAD ANY GOOD PLAYERS EITHER...MOSES MALONE, DR. J., MO CHEEKS, ANDREW TONEY, HAKEEM, AINGE, KEVIN JOHNSON, DAN MARJLE...YEP NOT A DECENT PLAYER IN THE BUNCH...:roll:

So are you criticizing lebron or chuck, I can't really tell.

Bodhi
06-21-2009, 01:54 PM
no the problem is lebron hid his team failure well when he was doing everything the 1st 2 rounds, but the matter of fact is the entire team other than him was playing horrible those 1st two rounds so dont say all that 66 wins excuse and coach of the year crap because i wouldnt be surprised if they lost to the detroit in the 1st round without lebron.

Everyone knows that COTY is a joke.

KOBERAMBIS
06-21-2009, 01:56 PM
So are you criticizing lebron or chuck, I can't really tell.

They both get a pass from the media because their teammates weren't any good and it's a joke...especially in barkley's case...Just annoyed that excuses are used for some players in the league but not others.

Allstar24
06-21-2009, 01:56 PM
assumptions. the making of a fine ass.
You're getting predictable now...

By the way, I find his shirts kind of amusing...why not let his achievements speak for themselves?

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-21-2009, 02:00 PM
But they should shoot better than 41% from the field in the playoffs, or at least step up their production in other areas, especially if people want to pass them off as quality sidekicks

true that.
41% is too low.... but 50% is also too high to expect of a perimeter player.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
06-21-2009, 02:02 PM
mang, lebron is a moron..he's obviously owned the nba and owned these ex-jordan fans..let the douche do whatever he wants..

lebron douchey is taking off weight of kobe..lebron will soon be the most hated and sh!tted on..

acting like a douche, running off court, no hand shake, look at me t-shirt, cocky, arrogant, low-life, loser, cry baby, biting nails, etcs..

Mikaiel
06-21-2009, 02:02 PM
Everyone knows that COTY is a joke.

WTF ? He's the main reason, after LeBron, that we've been so successfull. Before that series against Orlando, how many times did he get outcoached ? Maybe once, by Popovich in the Finals. But that Spurs team was clearly better than ours. It's no surprise a one-legged Larry Hughes couldn't keep up with Tony Parker. Or that Drew Gooden couldn't contain Duncan. On the other end, the Spurs played really smart and shut down LeBron, but we had no legit second option. Who was supposed to step up ? Z ? Boobie ? Pavlovic ? So I don't know if you can say Brown got outcoached. He didn't have the personel to contend with that Spurs team.

Don't forget how great he was when he faced the Pistons for example. He always made Billups look like an ordinary player. Prince was horrible for one of those series. And Flip Saunders could never adjust to what the Cavs were doing defensively. We took them out of their comfort zone, big time.

Just like the Celtics a year ago. On paper, it shouldn't have been close. But Ray Allen had like the most horrible series of his career. He didn't score a single point in the 1st game. And was pretty much horrible for the rest of the series. Paul Pierce was horrible too. He was 2-14 in the 1st game. He had 3 games in that series where he had more turnovers than field goals. Three. Almost half of the series ... But of course, that was just because they were cold, why would someone give credit to Mike Brown ?

It's really easy to say "well anybody could be coach of the year if they had LeBron", but that's not true. While LeBron obviously played a big part in our winning 66 games, he's not the reason the Cavs finished 1st in opp ppg, opp FG% and opp 3P%. That would be Mike Brown. And he didn't have the luxury to have a great big man in the middle like all great defensive teams do. No KG. No Dwight. No Duncan. And we were still elite defensively. Even worse, we had some horrible defensive players on that team. Wally Szczerbiak was always a defensive liability. Mo Williams was viewed as a poor defender when he was a Buck. And Big Z, he has great length but he has the mobility of a 45 year old.

Even before this season, we always were a good defensive team even though we had guys like the mentally-challenged Drew Gooden as our starting PF, Damon Jones, Flip Murray or Donyell Marshall. You can say what you want about Mike Brown, but don't act like he's not a defensive genius. He had one bad series, true, but don't forget how brilliant he's been before that. I'm sure he'll rebound from that and learn from his mistakes.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 02:05 PM
You want stats ?

Orlando's offense in that series :

103.7 points
48.2 FG%
40.8 3P%
10.3 three point baskets per game

That's why we lost.

Compare that to our regular season numbers :

91.4 points (1st in the league)
43.1 FG% (1st in the league)
33.3 3P% (1st in the league)
5.9 three point baskets per game (7th in the league)

It's so simple to blame the loss on Mo Williams because he couldn't find his shot. Our defense was the real problem.
While I do agree, that the defense didn't step up, here's what the offense did....

Game logs NBA playoffs:

Mo Williams:
5-14 35.7%
8-13 61.5%
1-11 9.1%
9-14 64.3%
7-12 58.3%
5-11 45.5%
5-13 38.5%
4-11 36.4%
6-19 31.6%
7-21 33.3%
5-16 31.3%
5-15 33%
7-14 50%
6-12 50%

Delonte West:
5-8 62.5%
7-12 58.3%
0-7 0.0%
5-10 50%
5-11 45.5%
5-10 50%
4-8 50%
7-13 53.9%
4-13 30.8%
4-7 57.1%
5-11 45.5%
7-15 46.7%
6-13 46.2%
9-19 47.4%

Zydrunas Ilgauskas
5-12 41.7%
5-12 41.7%
6-13 46.2%
4-8 50.0%
2-9 22.0%
3-6 50.0%
6-9 66.7%
6-13 46.2%
5-11 45.5%
5-13 38.5%
3-10 30.0%
5-9 55.6%
6-8 75.0%
1-5 20.0%

Wally Szczerbiak
0-0 0.0%
0-1 0.0%
0-0 0.0%
1-2 50.0%
2-4 50.0%
7-9 77.8%
0-2 0.0%
3-4 75.0%
0-2 0.0%
0-0 0.0%
0-0 0.0%
1-4 25.0%
1-3 33.3%
1-5 20.0%

Daniel Gibson
2-3 66.7%
1-7 14.3%
2-5 40.0%
0-1 0.0%
2-3 66.7%
0-3 0.0%
0-3 0.0%
0-1 0.0%
0-0 0.0%
0-0 0.0%
0-1 0.0%
2-5 40.0%
3-5 60.0%
1-3 33.3%

Daniel Gibson in the Magic Series:
0-0 0.0%
0-0 0.0%
0-1 0.0%
2-5 40.0%
3-5 60.0%
1-3 33.3%

Mo Williams in the Magic series:
6-19 31.6%
7-21 33.3%
5-16 31.3%
5-15 33%
7-14 50%
6-12 50%

Wally Szczerbiak in the Magic series:
0-2 0.0%
0-0 0.0%
0-0 0.0%
1-4 25.0%
1-3 33.3%
1-5 20.0%

Zydrunas Ilgauskas in the Magic series:
5-11 45.5%
5-13 38.5%
3-10 30.0%
5-9 55.6%
6-8 75.0%
1-5 20.0%

Between Mo Williams, Daniel Gibson, Wally Szczerbiak and Big Z they shot 38.6% in the Orlando Magic series, I thought that was a big reason why they lost?

Delonte West played alright, for his own standards, and so did Anderson Varejao. Even though Anderson at his best is still not as good as about half the power forwards in the league.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-21-2009, 02:08 PM
Mo Williams played terrible in key games, I guess you don't understand that, and you obviously didn't watch the playoffs.

Mo Williams in the first 4 games of the Magic series:
6-19 31.6%
7-21 33.3%
5-16 31.3%
5-15 33%

By the way, Jordan had numerous seasons and playoff runs shooting over 50%.

actually, it was a response to your ill-advised post reference "50%".
yes, MJ shot over 50% many times. correct me if I'm wrong, but his career playoff avg is 48% (which is very good)...thus, showing you, again, that 50% is an unrealistic benchmark.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 02:09 PM
actually, it was a response to your ill-advised post reference "50%".
yes, MJ shot over 50% many times. correct me if I'm wrong, but his career playoff avg is 48% (which is very good)...thus, showing you, again, that 50% is an unrealistic benchmark.
0-0 0.0%
0-0 0.0%
0-1 0.0%
2-5 40.0%
3-5 60.0%
1-3 33.3%

6-19 31.6%
7-21 33.3%
5-16 31.3%
5-15 33%
7-14 50%
6-12 50%

0-2 0.0%
0-0 0.0%
0-0 0.0%
1-4 25.0%
1-3 33.3%
1-5 20.0%

5-11 45.5%
5-13 38.5%
3-10 30.0%
5-9 55.6%
6-8 75.0%
1-5 20.0%

Between Mo Williams, Daniel Gibson, Wally Szczerbiak and Big Z they shot 38.6% in the Orlando Magic series, I thought that was a big reason why they lost?

Delonte West played alright, for his own standards, and so did Anderson Varejao. Even though Anderson at his best is still not as good as about half the power forwards in the league

http://king1876.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/shhh_cb2.jpg

KubiliusF
06-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Its Official Lebron is a clown

Peter Griffin
06-21-2009, 02:11 PM
While I do agree, that the defense didn't step up, here's what the offense did....

Game logs NBA playoffs:

Mo Williams:
5-14 35.7%
8-13 61.5%
1-11 9.1%
9-14 64.3%
7-12 58.3%
5-11 45.5%
5-13 38.5%
4-11 36.4%
6-19 31.6%
7-21 33.3%
5-16 31.3%
5-15 33%
7-14 50%
6-12 50%

Delonte West:
5-8 62.5%
7-12 58.3%
0-7 0.0%
5-10 50%
5-11 45.5%
5-10 50%
4-8 50%
7-13 53.9%
4-13 30.8%
4-7 57.1%
5-11 45.5%
7-15 46.7%
6-13 46.2%
9-19 47.4%

Zydrunas Ilgauskas
5-12 41.7%
5-12 41.7%
6-13 46.2%
4-8 50.0%
2-9 22.0%
3-6 50.0%
6-9 66.7%
6-13 46.2%
5-11 45.5%
5-13 38.5%
3-10 30.0%
5-9 55.6%
6-8 75.0%
1-5 20.0%

Wally Szczerbiak
0-0 0.0%
0-1 0.0%
0-0 0.0%
1-2 50.0%
2-4 50.0%
7-9 77.8%
0-2 0.0%
3-4 75.0%
0-2 0.0%
0-0 0.0%
0-0 0.0%
1-4 25.0%
1-3 33.3%
1-5 20.0%

Daniel Gibson
2-3 66.7%
1-7 14.3%
2-5 40.0%
0-1 0.0%
2-3 66.7%
0-3 0.0%
0-3 0.0%
0-1 0.0%
0-0 0.0%
0-0 0.0%
0-1 0.0%
2-5 40.0%
3-5 60.0%
1-3 33.3%

0-0 0.0%
0-0 0.0%
0-1 0.0%
2-5 40.0%
3-5 60.0%
1-3 33.3%

6-19 31.6%
7-21 33.3%
5-16 31.3%
5-15 33%
7-14 50%
6-12 50%

0-2 0.0%
0-0 0.0%
0-0 0.0%
1-4 25.0%
1-3 33.3%
1-5 20.0%

5-11 45.5%
5-13 38.5%
3-10 30.0%
5-9 55.6%
6-8 75.0%
1-5 20.0%

Delonte West played alright, for his own standards, and so did Anderson Varejao. Even though Anderson at his best is still not as good as about half the power forwards in the league.

Now, can someone give me LeBron's Post game 1 %!?

Mikaiel
06-21-2009, 02:12 PM

So what ? Our offense, as a whole, was fine. LeBron made up for that with his play. We scored more than enough points to let our defense win games. But we were never able to get a defensive stop. That's what killed us.

ShaqAttack3234
06-21-2009, 02:12 PM
I didn't have that big of a problem with him not shaking hands or talking to the media and really I'm not too bothered by this. Is it really as bad as David Robinson stat padding on the last day of the season with playoff position set against the Los Angeles Clippers so he could win the scoring title? Or is it really as bad as Wilt passing up shots so he could lead the league in assists? They weren't criticized for that. Superstars care about stats, but I don't think Lebron puts stats above winning. It's just a shirt, no big deal in my opinion.

Peter Griffin
06-21-2009, 02:14 PM
So what ? Our offense, as a whole, was fine. LeBron made up for that with his play. We scored more than enough points to let our defense win games. But we were never able to get a defensive stop. That's what killed us.

Good to see a Cavs fan be unbias and not sniff LeBron's white Powder all the time!

Younggrease
06-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Its sad that he does stuff like this...no matter what he means its tacky

bladefd
06-21-2009, 02:19 PM
You are trying to say that Rodman was in his prime with my Chicago Bulls?
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

They wouldn't win as many as Jordan did, that's for sure.

Who says LeBron/Kobe wouldn't win as many rings as Jordan with that Pippen/Rodman team (talking about second 3-peat since first 3-peat was a slightly different team)?? That Bulls team got 72 wins in 96 - it is not like Jordan carried the Bulls on his back in all 72 wins during that regular season and then the playoffs during the entire 2nd 3-peat.

-Rodman won like his 4th or 5th straight rebounding title that season so it wasn't like Rodman's game was finished when he was traded to Bulls. You can make the argument that his prime was from the 91-92 season going into 97-98 season. He is easily the greatest rebounder of the 90's, and you can make the case that he is the greatest rebounder of all time (considering that people like Wilt, Russell, etc were the tallest guys on the court in their era with the average height much lower than 6 feet so they would be able to out-rebound everyone around them. Rodman out-rebounded guys MUCH bigger than him). He was a better rebounder than what LeBron/Kobe had throughout their careers (yes, Rodman is better rebounder and man-on-man defender than Shaq). If you had a player averaging 16+ RPG (he would often get 20+ rebounds in a single game), you already have 1 very consistent variable. Rodman did not have too many off nights with his rebounding. We have not even talked about how good of a defender he was.

-Do I really have to say anything about Pippen? He is a top 5 SF of all time (I personally think he is the 3rd best SF of all time after Bird/LeBron). One of the most versatile players of all time, one of the top defenders of all time, etc etc etc. He is a much more consistent and better defensive version of today's Lamar Odom.

-They had Steve Kerr, who was probably the 2nd best 3pt-shooter of the 90's. I would say he was a better version of Mo Williams today from 3pt line. He is a better 3pt shooter than what LeBron/Kobe have today.

If you don't think that LeBron/Kobe would also have gotten a 3-peat during that 96-98 years (or MINIMUM of 2 rings) then you are completely delusional.

lefthook00
06-21-2009, 02:21 PM
It's not a big deal. Have you guys ever heard the saying, "Check my tats" or ,"Check out my tats"? It's just a play off that and they put a $ in front.

Peter Griffin
06-21-2009, 02:23 PM
"Check My Stat Whoring"!

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Who says LeBron/Kobe wouldn't win as many rings as Jordan with that Pippen/Rodman team (talking about second 3-peat since first 3-peat was a slightly different team)?? That Bulls team got 72 wins in 96 - it is not like Jordan carried the Bulls on his back in all 72 wins during that regular season and then the playoffs during the entire 2nd 3-peat.

-Rodman won like his 4th or 5th straight rebounding title that season so it wasn't like Rodman's game was finished when he was traded to Bulls. You can make the argument that his prime was from the 91-92 season going into 97-98 season. He is easily the greatest rebounder of the 90's, and you can make the case that he is the greatest rebounder of all time (considering that people like Wilt, Russell, etc were the tallest guys on the court in their era with the average height much lower than 6 feet so they would be able to out-rebound everyone around them. Rodman out-rebounded guys MUCH bigger than him). He was a better rebounder than what LeBron/Kobe had throughout their careers (yes, Rodman is better rebounder and man-on-man defender than Shaq). If you had a player averaging 16+ RPG (he would often get 20+ rebounds in a single game), you already have 1 very consistent variable. Rodman did not have too many off nights with his rebounding. We have not even talked about how good of a defender he was.

-Do I really have to say anything about Pippen? He is a top 5 SF of all time (I personally think he is the 3rd best SF of all time after Bird/LeBron). One of the most versatile players of all time, one of the top defenders of all time, etc etc etc. He is a much more consistent and better defensive version of today's Lamar Odom.

-They had Steve Kerr, who was probably the 2nd best 3pt-shooter of the 90's. I would say he was a better version of Mo Williams today from 3pt line. He is a better 3pt shooter than what LeBron/Kobe have today.

If you don't think that LeBron/Kobe would also have gotten a 3-peat during that 96-98 years (or MINIMUM of 2 rings) then you are completely delusional.
Steve Kerr better version of Mo Williams? Steve Kerr averaged 8 points per gamer during that timespan. You obviously didn't watch those Bulls teams. Have you ever heard of Glen Rice or Reggie Miller?

Secondly, Rodman was a huge liability on offense, he couldn't create his own shot, but yes, he could rebound and play defense and no he wasn't in his prime.

If you think you would place LeBron/Kobe on that 3 peat team, and they would have won 3 championships, you are high... this is the %'s of the team's points they would have needed to score in the Finals alone:
Michael Jordan

1991: 30.8% (W)

1992: 34.6% (W)

1993: 38.3% (W)

1996: 29.4% (W)

1997: 36.8% (W)

1998: 38.1% (W)

So while you give all of that credit to the team, Jordan scored over 35% of his team's points in the 6 title runs. Which is a lot to ask of any player.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
06-21-2009, 02:27 PM
LeDouche Bronze
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_YODg65nll_o/SYDRcjAfjNI/AAAAAAABapQ/wNnEorYCmGk/s800/lebron-james-tattoo-001-back-chosen-one-small.jpg
Obviously, his ego is larger than life...
He ain't no choosen one..!! He's a big ass douche who plays football on a basketball court..Plowing through players like a running back..He's lucky the refs bail him out on every play..All those offensive fouls sending him to the line for 2s free throws..

john_d
i guess it is a reply to the outrage he got after wearing the ME=MVP shirt.

it is like

lebron wears "LJB MVP" shirt
everything slams lbj
lebron responce by wearing "Check my $tats" shirt

Wtf is he.. 12?

imdaman99
Fatal9, I wish they would have kept you banned.

Fatal9 = LeBron James HATER / Kobe Bryant LOVER
BruceBlitz's brain capacity:

Hatred for Kobe 90%
Love for MJ 9%
Love for Lebron 1%

Brucey how my ass taste?

1~Gibson~1
Mo Williams?

ROFL

Ok, Mo Williams ranks right up there with other great sidekicks of the modern era like Worthy, Kareem, Pippen, Kobe, Paul Pierce, & Gasol.

Right there on the same page!Mo Williams may not be as good as some of those players but at one point i think Mo + LeBron was the highest duo in the League.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 02:30 PM
Players who led the league in 3pt fg% in the 90's:
Dell Curry
Dale Ellis
Glen Rice
Tim Legler
Tracy Murray
Chris Mullin
Dana Barros
Jim Les
Steve Kerr

Players who lead the league in 3pt fg's made in the 90's:
Vernon Maxwell
Dan Majerle
Reggie Miller
John Starks
Dennis Scott
Wesley Person
Dee Brown

You have Kerr ranked 2cnd out of all these shooters?

Steve Kerr isn't anywhere near most of those guys let alone John Stockton, Mark Price and Jeff Hornacek.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 02:32 PM
This message is hidden because imdaman99 is on your ignore list.

1~Gibson~1
06-21-2009, 02:33 PM
its funny how you guys just ignore what lefthook said and still continue to bash him :oldlol:

Ever heard the saying "check my tats"?
Well since he's a b-ball player, it's "check my stats".

You guys are making such a big deal outta nothin.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 02:35 PM
You knew the Kobe apostles would be all over this thread...

Anyways, so LeBron can't wear a shirt that says check my stats, which is usually a reference to someone's living status and not their basketball production....

So what would we say about a UFC fighter who wears this:
http://morphinelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/osu-t-shirt.jpg

Skip Bayless
06-21-2009, 02:37 PM
This is just another tastless moment by an overrated basketball player (when we judge him by Jordan standards) who hasn't even won anything yet. Instead of worrying about people checking his "$tats", he should worry about checking his jumper and his will to win a game. Also, check his stats in that game 6 where his team needed a victory and he went scorless in the 2nd quarter and was held to 6pts in the 4th (4pts scored when the game was in the balance). Also basically in 4 out of the 6 games, he was a no show in the 4th overal, so I think Prince James should check those things.

Solid Snake
06-21-2009, 02:37 PM

Yet earlier in the year when things were going well for us and how everyone was saying how we finally had the perfect cast around Lebron you didn't say anything. It's only after we epic failed in the playoffs that his teammates are suddenly inadequate.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 02:38 PM
This is just another tastless moment by an overrated basketball player (when we judge him by Jordan standards) who hasn't even won anything yet. Instead of worrying about people checking his "$tats", he should worry about checking his jumper and his will to win a game. Also, check his stats in that game 6 where his team needed a victory and he went scorless in the 2nd quarter and was held to 6pts in the 4th (4pts scored when the game was in the balance). Also basically in 4 out of the 6 games, he was a no show in the 4th overal, so I think Prince James should check those things.
You must not watch many Cavs games.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Yet earlier in the year when things were going well for us and how everyone was saying how we finally had the perfect cast around Lebron you didn't say anything. It's only after we epic failed in the playoffs that his teammates are suddenly inadequate.
0-0 0.0%
0-0 0.0%
0-1 0.0%
2-5 40.0%
3-5 60.0%
1-3 33.3%

6-19 31.6%
7-21 33.3%
5-16 31.3%
5-15 33%
7-14 50%
6-12 50%

0-2 0.0%
0-0 0.0%
0-0 0.0%
1-4 25.0%
1-3 33.3%
1-5 20.0%

5-11 45.5%
5-13 38.5%
3-10 30.0%
5-9 55.6%
6-8 75.0%
1-5 20.0%

It took the Orlando series to really expose their lack of an inside scoring presence other than LeBron. The Cavs are missing that low post player who they can dump the post into him and let him do his thing (similar to a Gasol).

Mikaiel
06-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Even though Anderson at his best is still not as good as about half the power forwards in the league.

WTF ? You really don't give a sh!t about defense ...

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 02:52 PM
WTF ? You really don't give a sh!t about defense ...
He's a good flopper and adequate defender, but the Cavs wont win a title with this guy as a starter.

john_d
06-21-2009, 02:56 PM
He's a good flopper and adequate defender, but the Cavs wont win a title with this guy as a starter.
honestly give me a lebron cavs line up that you will be happy with.

Simple Jack
06-21-2009, 03:02 PM

Steve Kerr is overrated.

KAJ=GOAT
06-21-2009, 03:04 PM
I keep seeing someone post up some stats about the Cavs and their shooting percentages.

What baffles me, is the fact that since Lebron came into the league, hes always been touted as a player who "makes his teammates" better.

So, what happened in the ECF?

How come he didn't make them better?

"Here it comes again, those powerful winds of my mind".

:hammertime:

Simple Jack
06-21-2009, 03:05 PM

I agree. Varejao is garbage. He wouldn't even start on most teams in the league, if any. His defense is severely overrated, unless you consider trying to draw offensive fouls all game great defense.

LeBron needs an established all-star at this point. Not an established leader of a team, but a great complimentary all-star who can do more than either just shoot or play defense.

Simple Jack
06-21-2009, 03:07 PM
I keep seeing someone post up some stats about the Cavs and their shooting percentages.

What baffles me, is the fact that since Lebron came into the league, hes always been touted as a player who "makes his teammates" better.

You're right. The 66 wins was a result of LeBron NOT making his teammates better.

inclinerator
06-21-2009, 03:07 PM

hey were u watching those games? how is lebron suppose to guide their wide open threes in also wide open 2s for z which is ur job to make them in. Its the fact that they choked in the playoffs while Lebron remained strong

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 03:14 PM
honestly give me a lebron cavs line up that you will be happy with.
Mo Williams
Delonte West
LeBron James
* (Insert any of these players here)
Big Z (he's on his last leg)

* David Lee, LaMarcus Aldridge, Antawn Jamison, Carlos Boozer, Chris Bosh, or Amare Stoudemire.
Even Zach Randolph, Charlie Villanueva, or Elton Brand would be an upgrade

I don't know about the whole Shaq thing, he can't possibly play a full season at this stage of his career.

Mikaiel
06-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Mo Williams
Delonte West
LeBron James

* David Lee, LaMarcus Aldridge, Antawn Jamison, Carlos Boozer, Chris Bosh, or Amare Stoudemire.

I don't know about the whole Shaq thing, he can't possibly play a full season at this stage of his career.

Varejao > David Lee, Antawn Jamison, Zach Randolph and Charlie Villanueva :hammerhead:

Lebron23
06-21-2009, 03:18 PM
That's a Great T-Shirt. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

And TMZ Suck Major @$$. Harvey Levin is a Homosexual.

tastystaci
06-21-2009, 03:19 PM
Varejao > David Lee, Antawn Jamison, Zach Randolph and Charlie Villanueva :hammerhead:

:roll: False.

David Lee>Matt Bonner>Prime Jack Haley>Me>Anderson Varejao :roll:

inclinerator
Mo Williams
Delonte West
LeBron James

id say replace z
delonte any average shooting guard lebron amare any defense center big body semi athletic can score but not great at scoring. amare could shoot mid range so its not like they need z

bruceblitz
You can't be serious man.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 03:22 PM
id say replace z
delonte any average shooting guard lebron amare any defense center big body semi athletic can score but not great at scoring. amare could shoot mid range so its not like they need z
Yeah, Amare would be nice. If I could pick a roster around LeBron with anyone in the NBA I would go:

Jason Kidd
Brandon Roy
LeBron James
Kevin Garnett
Yao Ming

This isn't fantasy basketball though. So it would be nice to see the Cavs get a solid low scoring presence in the post. Other than LeBron, Joe Smith was their best post player from this past season, that's not saying much.

quasimoto
06-21-2009, 03:26 PM
I've got to agree. Andy doesn't give you the flashy stats but he works his ass off and he's a pretty complete defensive player. I hope Jamison or Villanueva don't get traded to the Cavs, they're good players but they lack defensive instincts and work rate (which imo is more important than being able to shoot three pointers). Not exactly the type of players a contending team needs.

Mikaiel
06-21-2009, 03:27 PM
You can't be serious man.

Of course I am. Lee, Jamison, Randolph and Villanueva are all horrible defenders.

Lee's D is so horrible Mike D'Antoni complained about it. Mike D'antoni !!!

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Of course I am. Lee, Jamison, Randolph and Villanueva are all horrible defenders.

Lee's D is so horrible Mike D'Antoni complained about it. Mike D'antoni !!!
I think it would be fair to say that the Cavs could afford to give up a little on the defensive end. Varejao gets eaten alive in the post, he's good at stepping in front of cutting offensive players attacking the rim and drawing charges, as far as 1 on 1 defense is concerned, he's nothing to brag about in that category. The Cavs need more help on the offensive end, in the post, more than they do on the defensive end. Jamison has shown that he is a capable defender, and probably the best fit out of the group of players I posted. I'm sure that's why the Cavs are looking into trading for him.

All Net
06-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Sadly stats is all Lebron can be proud of right now...his time will come though. Until Cleveland had a good scorer they will not be winning anything anytime soon...maybe Lebron's best days are with a new franchise. Guess we will see what the Cavs do this summer.

inclinerator
06-21-2009, 03:34 PM
varejao is a pretty good cutting big thats all hes good at on the offensive end

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Jamison is attractive to the Cavs since he's exactly the type of combo forward they were missing to match up with Orlando's Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu.

- Jamison is a balanced scorer with his ability to score in the paint and also has a good outside shot. Jamison looks like a nice complementary player with LeBron's style

- While I don't think he is a huge upgrade over Mo or Z, Jamison could be the second option on this team.

- With Jamison in the starting lineup, the Cavs have a capable scorer at every position

a trade for Jamison would make more basketball sense than most other guys rumored to be traded to Cleveland. The benefit to the Cavs is it gives them another offensive punch in the lineup.

Mikaiel
06-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Varejao gets eaten alive in the post

Sure, trading for Lee, Randolph, Jamison or Villanueva would be a great idea then :hammerhead:

Varejao sucks on offense, but he's not the liability those guys are on the defensive end.

We need a Tyson Chandler way more than a Jamison.

Mikaiel
06-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Jamison is attractive to the Cavs since he's exactly the type of combo forward they were missing to match up with Orlando's Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu.

Yeah, maybe. But what happens if we have to play the Lakers ? Jamison against Gasol ? :hammerhead: Or against the Cetlics ? Jamison against KG ? :hammerhead: Or against the Rockets ? Jamison against Scola ? :hammerhead:

DonDadda59
06-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Yeah, Amare would be nice. If I could pick a roster around LeBron with anyone in the NBA I would go:

Jason Kidd
Brandon Roy
LeBron James
Kevin Garnett
Yao Ming

This isn't fantasy basketball though. So it would be nice to see the Cavs get a solid low scoring presence in the post. Other than LeBron, Joe Smith was their best post player from this past season, that's not saying much.

That would be the best all around roster in NBA history, would they lose a single game? :oldlol:

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Yeah, maybe. But what happens if we have to play the Lakers ? Jamison against Gasol ? :hammerhead: Or against the Cetlics ? Jamison against KG ? :hammerhead: Or against the Rockets ? Jamison against Scola ? :hammerhead:
The thing you are forgetting, is the fact that these players have to defend Jamison as well. I didn't say he'd be the best power forward in the game, merely an upgrade over what the Cavs have now. Varejao isn't as good on defense as you are trying to say.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 03:44 PM
That would be the best all around roster in NBA history, would they lose a single game? :oldlol:
Probably not :D

inclinerator
06-21-2009, 03:47 PM
damn lebron and kg are like the same both are beast efficient and intense

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 03:51 PM
I just posted a thread on the Antawn Jamison vs Anderson Varejao topic:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136542

NewYorkUSCtrojan
06-21-2009, 03:57 PM
That's a Great T-Shirt. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

And TMZ Suck Major @$$. Harvey Levin is a Homosexual.

What a tool..! Calling someone gay cause they spoke the truth on his precious little hero..Dumbass.............

No wonder people hate lebron fans..Their fans are dumb and ignorant....

sixer6ad
06-21-2009, 03:59 PM

One of the truest facts in a truly jealous, insecure post. Get over yourself and stop looking for ways to bring him down. If you could be the best player in the NBA, would you? Would you stop every media member from promoting you because you are putting up numbers and plays not seen very often in the history of the league? What do you want him to tell the media: "Stop covering me and my team?" They didn't even win the title this year. Why all of this hatred? I could see if he loafed, but he plays his a** off every second he is on the floor. It's not his fault the media is in love with him.

CroqueMort
06-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Arrogance or swagger, well the separation line is very thin, and if arrogance is what we need to see superstar, well I would like some more arrogance.

Anyway I like the shirt, kinda cool, and he walks the talk :cheers:

The cavs did not loose to the Magics, the Magic did defeat the Cavs give them their credit because they were better. Don't blame Mo or the roster they did a fantastic job and they have been consistent all year. Great job from the Cavs they are still on te making :cheers: Add another creator for Lebron to be a finisher, add some muscle to bother D-12 and they have a chance to see the finals next year.

Fatal9
06-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Lebron James also wants you to check out his performance in the three road games in Orlando. Upon "checking" them out, you will discover the following things:

Game 3: lowest FG% for a player scoring more than 40 points in playoff history. 39.2%.

Game 4: 7 turnovers in the last 10-12 minutes of regulation. Most of them on crucial possessions.

Game 6: Made 3 for his last 14 shots as he watched his team get stomped (one of them a garbage time dunk). Had 1 point in the fourth at that point (despite playing the whole quarter!) and 0 points in the second quarter (when the Magic made their run).

:oldlol: at groupies who call this an "all-time" series. Idiot stat geeks.

CroqueMort
06-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Crazy numbers from a player often mean that a team is too weak.
Lebron was amazing but he just kept the boat afloat

The turnovers of Lebron kinda make me agree that the Cavs needs a true point guard and some veterans.

Skip Bayless
06-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Lebron James also wants you to check out his performance in the three road games in Orlando. Upon "checking" them out, you will discover the following things:

Game 3: lowest FG% for a player scoring more than 40 points in playoff history. 39.2%.

Game 4: 7 turnovers in the last 10-12 minutes of regulation. Most of them on crucial possessions.

Game 6: Made 3 for his last 14 shots as he watched his team get stomped (one of them a garbage time dunk). Had 1 point in the fourth at that point (despite playing the whole quarter!) and 0 points in the second quarter (when the Magic made their run).

Talk about a bowl of Facts with a spoon, good job man. But, expect the witness's to not take this easy, their still gazing at the powder in the sky waiting for it to land.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 04:15 PM
I hate LeBron and love Kobe.

Fatal9, the Kobe apostle leaves this out:
Game 1 NBA Finals:
Kobe 4th quarter? 1-5fg (doesn't really matter/blowout)

Game 2 NBA Finals:
Kobe 4th quarter? 3 turnovers, 2-5fg

Game 3 NBA Finals:
Kobe misses 13 of his last 17 shots

Game 4 NBA Finals:
Kobe misses 20 shots and only makes 11 in game 4, but his team still wins? Talk about a supporting cast, I mean seriously.
Uh, that's brutal.

Kobe:
Kobe game 1 vs Magic 16-34
Kobe game 2 vs Magic 10-22
Kobe game 3 vs Magic 11-25
Kobe game 4 vs Magic 11-31
Kobe game 5 vs Magic 10-23

He also leaves this out:
Kobe vs LeBron? No comparison...Just look at how the two performed against the exact same team and exact same defenders:
Kobe vs Orlando 2009 playoffs..... 32.4ppg 42.9%fg 5.6reb 7.4ast 1.4blk 1.4stl

Again, those are the facts, you can try to spin it all you want.

chains5000
06-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Bryant having bad finals numbers make Lebron stats better?:confusedshrug:
You gotta love ISH homers.

Allstar24
06-21-2009, 04:17 PM

:pimp:

catch24
06-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Bryant having bad finals numbers make Lebron stats better?:confusedshrug:
You gotta love ISH homers.

That's Bruce for ya. Mr. "Take all the attention away from the King". The #1 apostle for both players btw.

Skip Bayless
06-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Both Kobe and LeBron had very inconsistant series throughout! Yet, both of their final lines are getting vasly overrated by their respective fan's (when comparing it to Jordan level) to the point where it makes you wan't to scratch your head. Jordan on the big stage never disappeared in stretch's of games like these two have.

Fatal9
06-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Do I care? :confusedshrug:

Did Kobe have a great individual series against the Magic? Nope. Why is he even being brought up? My post was towards posters who claim it was all-time type of series when Lebron's performance on the road lost it for the Cavs.

In game 4 for example, West stepped up and knocked down some big shots, all Lebron had to do was not turn the ball over but he blew it. In game 3 despite getting about 8 more FTs than he actually deserved (by my count, Dwights phantom foul on the three pointer being the most obvious), he shot poorly from the field. In game 6, he was non existent from the second quarter on (only 2-13 in last three quarters before the dunk in the closing seconds!). On top of this, he used 50+ possessions in some of these games and it appeared he froze some of the teammates out of the game.

How can a player who had an "all-time series" not even show up for half of the games in a series?!

WADE MONEY
06-21-2009, 04:23 PM

I highly doubt that.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Both Kobe and LeBron had very inconsistant series throughout! Yet, both of their final lines are getting vasly overrated by their respective fan's (when comparing it to Jordan level) to the point where it makes you wan't to scratch your head. Jordan on the big stage never disappeared in stretch's of games like these two have.
Finally something you typed that I agree with.

catch24
06-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Do I care? :confusedshrug:

Did Kobe have a great individual series against the Magic? Nope. Why is he even being brought up? My post was towards posters who claim it was all-time type of series when Lebron's performance on the road lost it for the Cavs.

In game 4 for example, West stepped up and knocked down some big shots, all Lebron had to do was not turn the ball over but he blew it. In game 3 despite getting about 8 more FTs than he actually deserved (by my count, Dwights phantom foul on the three pointer being the most obvious), he shot poorly from the field. In game 6, he was non existent from the second quarter on (only 2-13 in last three quarters before the dunk in the closing seconds!). On top of this, he used 50+ possessions in some of these games and it appeared he froze some of the teammates out of the game.

How can a player who had an "all-time series" not even show up for half of the games in a series?!

Exactly. Why does he bring up Kobe's numbers? His agenda not working properly?

catch24
06-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Is that really Skip Bayless? Lol

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 04:27 PM
I highly doubt that.
Comprehension is a learned ability, he's the fastest and youngest to that combination of totals.

Lebron23
06-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Is that really Skip Bayless? Lol

That's Skip B1tchless aka Fatal9's Sugar daddy.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 04:29 PM
I can't stand LeBron James.

Fatal9, the Kobe apostle leaves this out:
Game 1 NBA Finals:
Kobe 4th quarter? 1-5fg (doesn't really matter/blowout)

Game 2 NBA Finals:
Kobe 4th quarter? 3 turnovers, 2-5fg

Game 3 NBA Finals:
Kobe misses 13 of his last 17 shots

Game 4 NBA Finals:
Kobe misses 20 shots and only makes 11 in game 4, but his team still wins? Talk about a supporting cast, I mean seriously.
Uh, that's brutal.

Kobe:
Kobe game 1 vs Magic 16-34
Kobe game 2 vs Magic 10-22
Kobe game 3 vs Magic 11-25
Kobe game 4 vs Magic 11-31
Kobe game 5 vs Magic 10-23

He also leaves this out:
Kobe vs LeBron? No comparison...Just look at how the two performed against the exact same team and exact same defenders:
Kobe vs Orlando 2009 playoffs..... 32.4ppg 42.9%fg 5.6reb 7.4ast 1.4blk 1.4stl

Again, those are the facts, you can try to spin it all you want.

:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :wtf: :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Skip Bayless
06-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Finally something you typed that I agree with.

Well, ofcource a witness like yourself wouldn't agree with my Factual statment's concerning LeBron James. As expected.

(You come off as very protective of LeBron, meaning you respond in a hurtful way when someone make's a not so witness like comment about Prince James, so I assume you are a big fan, also factoring in our last encounter).

Fatal9
06-21-2009, 04:35 PM
I highly doubt that.
Shaq did it in less games. David Robinson got his 10000th point in 396 games so I guess he isn't included (lol). Wilt would have too if they counted blocks. Kareem too. Probably a lot more but don't feel like checking.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Well, ofcource a witness like yourself wouldn't agree with my Factual statment's concerning LeBron James. As expected.

(You come off as very protective of LeBron, meaning you respond in a hurtful way when someone make's a not so witness like comment about Prince James, so I assume you are a big fan, also factoring in our last encounter).
I appreciate rare talents, if you deny LeBron's abilities on the basketball court, you are blind.

http://www.youtube.com/user/thelebronjamesblitz

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Shaq did it in less games. David Robinson got his 10000th point in 396 games so I guess he isn't included (lol). Wilt would have too if they counted blocks. Kareem too. Probably a lot more but don't feel like checking.
Became the youngest player (23 years, 308 days) and fastest (395 games) to reach the following totals: 10,000 points + 2,500 rebounds + 2,500 assists + 700 steals + 300 blocks.

Fatal9 is full of sh!t again.

David Robinson has 2441 assists in his entire career, so David Robinson NEVER reached that mark.

Shaq didn't crack the 2500 assist mark until the 2004-2005 season, Shaq just cracked the 700 steals mark last year.

Once again, Fatal9 proves his ability to post nothing but false material.

Indian guy
06-21-2009, 04:39 PM
LeBron's road averages against Orlando were 37/9/7/42% + an excellent TS% due to his rim attacking. Not to mention a very good PPS of 1.41. That's a much better stretch than Kobe's entire Finals. With Kobe's cast he would've swept Orlando with those numbers. :oldlol: @ 39/8/8/49% not being an ALL-TIME series.

Lebron23
06-21-2009, 04:41 PM
LeBron's road averages against Orlando were 37/9/7/42% + an excellent TS% due to his rim attacking. That's a much better stretch than Kobe's entire Finals. With Kobe's cast he would've swept Orlando with those numbers. :oldlol: @ 39/8/8/49% not being an ALL-TIME series.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Skip Bayless
06-21-2009, 04:44 PM
I appreciate rare talents, if you deny LeBron's abilities on the basketball court, you are blind.

Well, the deal here is that, I do appreciate LeBron's game. But the media hype and the quick boost he's getting to Jordan's legacy is what get's to me. It's like he's getting handed the Crown before he proves his way to the master chair. Being called "King" James in your rookie season isn't respectable at all. Does he have respect for past player's? Yes. Is he a good guy off the court? (on camera)Yes. But has he really done anything on the court to be compared to Jordan? No. Does he strink on the Big stage? Yes. He's no King, and it pain's me to know that the witness's are very blind to this.

And a witness with a LeBron page doesn't impress me, sorry.

alexkidd
06-21-2009, 04:45 PM
I've never seen people read that much into a shirt. It is not that serious people.

ConanRulesNBC
06-21-2009, 04:52 PM
I don't care about stats. It's all about winning championships and so far Kobe has 4 and LeBron has 0.

I'm not even a big Kobe fan but the fact is Kobe just won his 4th championship while LeBron hasn't won anything yet.

Don't even compare LeBron (or Kobe for that matter) to Jordan. When LeBron (or Kobe) win 6 titles or more and win them doing it in a 3 peat both times then you can say they might be close to Michael Jordan.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Well, the deal here is that, I do appreciate LeBron's game. But the media hype and the quick boost he's getting to Jordan's legacy is what get's to me. It's like he's getting handed the Crown before he proves his way to the master chair. Being called "King" James in your rookie season isn't respectable at all. Does he have respect for past player's? Yes. Is he a good guy off the court? (on camera)Yes. But has he really done anything on the court to be compared to Jordan? No. Does he strink on the Big stage? Yes. He's no King, and it pain's me to know that the witness's are very blind to this.

And a witness with a LeBron page doesn't impress me, sorry.
OK, first of all, let's clear a few things up.

LeBron is on a the type of career pace with his individual production, when concerning scoring and non-scoring contributions, to be compared with the greats. When you reverse the comparison the only 2 players in NBA history that are comparable to LeBron are Jordan and Oscar. That being said he's not as good as either of the two, yet, and might not ever be.

LeBron is the best all-around player we've seen since Jordan.

As far as shrinking on the big stage, I agree to an extent, at his young age he didn't step up in the 2007 Finals, but when you look at the factors around that series, the Spurs didn't respect any of his teammates and they just loaded up on LeBron with double and triple-teams. I'd say he stepped up in the Detroit ECF, and he stepped up big this year in the playoffs. He raised his level of play over his MVP season, which is saying something.

He still has a lot to prove before he gets the type of Jordan comparisons he's been on the receiving end of. People who say LeBron's first 6 years are better than Jordan's first 6 years are flat out wrong.

He proved his nickname "King" right this year. I think King was annointed to him as a nickname because of the "King James" Bible. He was the King of basketball in high school and touted as the next big thing in the NBA, so that all ties in together.
http://www.mobipocket.com/eBooks/cover_remote/ID67/king-james-new-TOC.jpg

Oh, and I posted a link to my channel for you to use as a resource, not to impress you.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 04:56 PM
I don't care about stats. It's all about winning championships and so far Kobe has 4 and LeBron has 0.

I'm not even a big Kobe fan but the fact is Kobe just won his 4th championship while LeBron hasn't won anything yet.
Are you serious? Are we gonna go over this again?

Percentage of team's points scored in the NBA Finals

Kobe

2000: 14.5% (not even including the game he missed) (W)

2001: 24.4% (W)

2002: 25.2% (W)

In contrast:
Michael Jordan

Kobe's also lost on the big stage as the Lakers main shot taker and leader twice, (yes he tried to take over the 2004 Finals and basically froze Shaq out).... Kobe just won his first ring as a leader in the NBA, and he's 30. If you think LeBron wont match that by the time he's 30, I don't know what to tell you. Most think he will.

quasimoto
06-21-2009, 04:58 PM

:roll: @ last sentence.

ConanRulesNBC
06-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Are you serious? Are we gonna go over this again?

Percentage of team's points scored in the NBA Finals

Kobe

2000: 14.5% (not even including the game he missed) (W)

2001: 24.4% (W)

2002: 25.2% (W)

In contrast:
Michael Jordan

Kobe's also lost on the big stage as the Lakers main shot taker and leader twice, (yes he tried to take over the 2004 Finals and basically froze Shaq out).... Kobe just won his first ring as a leader in the NBA, and he's 30. If you think LeBron wont match that by the time he's 30, I don't know what to tell you. Most think he will.

Did you even read what I said?

I don't even care about this Kobe vs. LeBron or LeBron vs. Jordan or Kobe vs. Jordan BS that people ALWAYS talk about on here. Jordan > both of them.

But I said I DON'T CARE about shooting percentages. I don't care if LeBron averaged 100 PPG, 80 RPG and 50 APG. The fact is he has yet to win while Kobe has 4.

cotdt
06-21-2009, 05:00 PM
LeBron's road averages against Orlando were 37/9/7/42% + an excellent TS% due to his rim attacking. Not to mention a very good PPS of 1.41. That's a much better stretch than Kobe's entire Finals. With Kobe's cast he would've swept Orlando with those numbers. :oldlol: @ 39/8/8/49% not being an ALL-TIME series.

If Lebron was on the Lakers, beleive me, he would NOT put up those numbers. The Lakers frontline is not going to stand aside to the wings to let Lebron attack the basket, if they do then the team would certainly lose.

Kobe's finals performance is not even his best game, pretty average performance for Kobe at best, but still impressive. In terms of scoring, not as impressive as Lebron's though. Kobe's experience really helped the Lakers win the close games. Despite Lebron's big assist numbers, if you watch the actual games Kobe is much more skilled in setting up plays for teammates, including very notable great plays finished by Ariza, Gasol, and Odom that led to huge runs. He set up a lot of easy baskets for Bynum too but that guy wasn't able to finish. Fisher's two clutch 3-pointers in Game 4 was also possible only because of Kobe, including that clutch foul against Dwight Howard.

chitownsfinest
06-21-2009, 05:02 PM

Oh the irony

JustinJDW
06-21-2009, 05:02 PM
It's only a shirt, what the hell are people *****ing about? He has some swagger, so what? What, does he have to fold up his tent and demand trades like Kobe does?

It looks like all Kobe nut lickers are upset that Lebron and the Cavs Fans don't give a **** about Kobe's Championship, because everyone knows it's kind of tainted with KG, Yao and Manu all being injured.

Lebron knows he has time. He is only 24 years old. He is going to get his Team ready, then try again. He is not going to complain, ***** and moan like Kobe did during the Off-Season. He is going to prepare.

Kobe Nut Riders need to get over themselves.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 05:05 PM
If Lebron was on the Lakers, beleive me, he would NOT put up those numbers. The Lakers frontline is not going to stand aside to the wings to let Lebron attack the basket, if they do then the team would certainly lose.

Kobe's finals performance is not even his best game, pretty average performance for Kobe at best, but still impressive. In terms of scoring, not as impressive as Lebron's though. Kobe's experience really helped the Lakers win the close games. Despite Lebron's big assist numbers, if you watch the actual games Kobe is much more skilled in setting up plays for teammates, including very notable great plays finished by Ariza, Gasol, and Odom that led to huge runs. He set up a lot of easy baskets for Bynum too but that guy wasn't able to finish. Fisher's two clutch 3-pointers in Game 4 was also possible only because of Kobe, including that clutch foul against Dwight Howard.
:roll: :oldlol: :roll:

Honestly dude, you are the dumbest poster on here.

As if LeBron wouldn't be able to set up everyone on the Lakers for great shots, :oldlol:

You also leave out the fact that Kobe went straight into the tank last year against the Celtics, LeBron at the very least would have been able to free up the Lakers for better looks on the offensive end of the court. The Lakers would have won the championship last year with LeBron and put LeBron on the Lakers this year and they win 68 games. Maybe 70.

Skip Bayless
06-21-2009, 05:09 PM
OK, first of all, let's clear a few things up.

LeBron is on a the type of career pace with his individual production, when concerning scoring and non-scoring contributions, to be compared with the greats. When you reverse the comparison the only 2 players in NBA history that are comparable to LeBron are Jordan and Oscar. That being said he's not as good as either of the two, yet, and might not ever be.

LeBron is the best all-around player we've seen since Jordan.

As far as shrinking on the big stage, I agree to an extent, at his young age he didn't step up in the 2007 Finals, but when you look at the factors around that series, the Spurs didn't respect any of his teammates and they just loaded up on LeBron with double and triple-teams. I'd say he stepped up in the Detroit ECF, and he stepped up big this year in the playoffs. He raised his level of play over his MVP season, which is saying something.

He still has a lot to prove before he gets the type of Jordan comparisons he's been on the receiving end of. People who say LeBron's first 6 years are better than Jordan's first 6 years are flat out wrong.

He proved his nickname "King" right this year. I think King was annointed to him as a nickname because of the "King James" Bible. He was the King of basketball in high school and touted as the next big thing in the NBA, so that all ties in together.

Oh, and I posted a link to the channel for you to use as a resource, not to impress you.

Well when we talk about individual production, yes, his number's may stack up to the greats, but his winning, his fight, killer instinct, overal impactful ability to put the troops on his back and lead the squad to an important victory, is still not even near the level of the greats. While also not even factoring in the weaker defenses he has to go against compared what Jordan had to. We can talk about number's and what pace they are on, all day, but they are hollow number's when the final product doesn't quite mount up. Look at Tracy McGrady's playoff stats, number wise, the hollow stats across the board has him matched with the All-Time elite's, but the total true player Legend end result amount's to nothing. You know this.

Aside from that game 5 in the palace, he hasn't done anything against quality comp that wow'd me. Also, we give him the age excuse when he loses to the Spurs in the Finals, but a week before, we were all over his greatness after that Piston's series. When he win's, this espn station and his witness's give's him beyond glory, but when he loses, he get's placed in the witness protection program (no pun attended) and his "supporting cast" get's thrown in the fire and blamed for everything, when the lead soldier did nothing to help, and even played worst at times.

Good luck to you and your page. I didn't want to come off as mean.

cotdt
06-21-2009, 05:12 PM
As if LeBron wouldn't be able to set up everyone on the Lakers for great shots, :oldlol:

You also leave out the fact that Kobe went straight into the tank last year against the Celtics, LeBron at the very least would have been able to free up the Lakers for better looks on the offensive end of the court. The Lakers would have won the championship last year with LeBron and put LeBron on the Lakers this year and they win 68 games. Maybe 70.

You know that Lebron would just dribble the ball until there are only 10 seconds left on the clock, and drive, but if the other team defends properly then Lebron would kick the ball back out to one of his teammates waiting in the wings to take the shot. Oops, only 2 seconds left on the shot clock, gotta take a low percentage shot. Kobe doesn't do this crap. The Lakers have far better ball movement.

And last year, the Celtics played better against the Lakers than they did against the Cavs, so you can't draw any conclusions. Lakers as a team played bad which made Kobe look bad but he was the only one doing anything.

lakers_forever
06-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Bruce:

http://i43.tinypic.com/fw4m6d.gif

emsteez forreal
06-21-2009, 05:28 PM
stop hating on lebron's $wag.

lefthook00
06-21-2009, 05:36 PM
10 f*cking pages?!?!

It's not a big deal. Have you guys ever heard the saying, "Check my tats" or ,"Check out my tats"? It's just a play off that and they put a $ in front.

That's all it is!!!! It's OK guys, relax!!!! I would rock that shirt if i had it but I would want the colors switched to black shirt & green/white letters.

Lebron23
06-21-2009, 05:38 PM
10 f*cking pages?!?!

That's all it is!!!! It's OK guys, relax!!!! I would rock that shirt if i had it but I would want the colors switched to black shirt & green/white letters.

/END THREAD

bladefd
06-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Steve Kerr better version of Mo Williams? Steve Kerr averaged 8 points per gamer during that timespan. You obviously didn't watch those Bulls teams. Have you ever heard of Glen Rice or Reggie Miller?

Secondly, Rodman was a huge liability on offense, he couldn't create his own shot, but yes, he could rebound and play defense and no he wasn't in his prime.

If you think you would place LeBron/Kobe on that 3 peat team, and they would have won 3 championships, you are high... this is the %'s of the team's points they would have needed to score in the Finals alone:
Michael Jordan

So while you give all of that credit to the team, Jordan scored over 35% of his team's points in the 6 title runs. Which is a lot to ask of any player.

You do not read whole statements right? You only look at one piece of a whole sentence and just comment on that one little piece. I said "I would say he(Kerr) was a better version of Mo Williams today from 3pt line." Kerr is a better 3pt shooter than Mo Williams. I did not say Kerr is better overall scorer or better rebounder or better passer or better defender, etc. All I said was that Kerr was a better 3pt shooter. I personally believe that Kerr was the 2nd best 3-pt shooter in the 90's after Reggie Miller. You can make the argument that he was the 3rd best 3pt shooter after Miller and Rice in 90s. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter whether Kerr is the 2nd best 3-pt shooter or the 3rd best 3-pt shooter; he is still a better 3-pt shooter than what both Kobe/LeBron have today (once again, if you haven't figured it out yet, I am NOT saying Kerr is better player than Mo Williams).

Secondly, when was Rodman's prime if he was past his prime in 96? I really want to know. Also, Rodman is not the only player that cannot create his own shot. Just look at Ben Wallace from Cavs and Odom/Bynum/etc from Lakers. Even Shaq was a liability at times on offense due to Hack-a-Shaq. Just because Rodman was a liability doesn't mean his defense/rebounding mean anything less. Teams have won championships or come close even with players that are a liability on offense (last team to win was Pistons with big Ben in his prime, NO came pretty close last year of reaching finals with Chandler). LeBron/Kobe would not mind having somebody like Rodman on their team that can solidify their rebounding and defense.

Finally, I don't know where you got the percentages from for Jordan's total points in each finals vs rest of the Bulls, but I honestly believe LeBron/Kobe are capable of %'s close to that. Some of those Bulls games were blowouts so even if LeBron/Kobe had scored slightly lower %'s than Jordan, they probably would have still won those games. I am sure you can find the percentages that Kobe scored this year in finals and also find the percentages that LeBron has been scoring in each of the series' the last couple seasons. Plus, if you really think about it, those other Bulls players were capable of scoring more points if they got more shots. They would be more than capable of sharing the burden a little bit more.

ConanRulesNBC
06-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Why do some people on here act like stats and percentages are the only thing that matters. Guess what... LeBron had amazing stats in the Magic series and was still eliminated. Stats aren't everything.

cdot11
06-21-2009, 06:22 PM
unhealthy

Roundball_Rock
06-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Most wins in a NBA season

72 96' Bulls NBA champions
69 97' Bulls NBA champions
69 72' Lakers NBA champions
68 67' Sixers NBA champions
68 73' Celtics lost in the ECF
67 92' Bulls NBA champions
67 86' Celtics NBA champions
67 00' Lakers NBA champions
67 07' Mavericks lost in the first round
66 71' Bucks NBA champions
66 08' Celtics NBA champions
66 09' Cavs lost in the ECF
65 09' Lakers NBA champions
65 87' Lakers NBA champions
65 83' Sixers NBA champions

inclinerator
06-21-2009, 06:34 PM
honestly why would a person imitate skip bayless or anyone for that matter? just be yourself.

1~Gibson~1
06-21-2009, 06:35 PM
honestly why would a person imitate skip bayless or anyone for that matter? just be yourself.No social lives. The same reason Corky McBiff existed in other words.

Fatal9
06-21-2009, 06:47 PM

:oldlol:

Only stat that needs to be checked.

KobeRules24
06-21-2009, 07:02 PM

:applause: great stat

Spudjjay
06-21-2009, 07:04 PM
Mo Williams?

ROFL

Paul Pierce ain't no fcking sidekick.

BTW- LeBron's wife is thick. I wanna check that a$$.

IcanzIIravor
06-21-2009, 07:14 PM

It's not his fault. ESPN had the Cavs winning the title for sure. Lebron bought into all that hype so imagine his shock when they didn't even get to the finals and now, he has to watch Kobe and the Lakers parade around their championship trophy as everyone celebrates them.

All athletes have big egos but have we ever seen Jordan or Kobe or even A-Rod wear a t-shirt that says "check my stats"? :oldlol: That is something only an insecure individual would do because he has no rings to show off so the best he can come up with are his stats, which are pointless because what good are your stats if you can't help you team win the championship? :confusedshrug:

I think it is a pretty cool shirt myself. I believe the stats refer to the money he's banking.

NuggetsFan
06-21-2009, 07:18 PM
I don't see any problem with the shirt personally:confusedshrug:

All Net
06-21-2009, 07:22 PM

Certainly not pretty reading for Lebron. To have such a great regular season only to get embarrassed in the conference finals does look bad.

Lebron23
06-21-2009, 07:32 PM
I don't see any problem with the shirt personally:confusedshrug:

LeBron said Check his Tattoos. And why are the Lakers fans hating on LeBron. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

He's the reigning League MVP.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

All Net
06-21-2009, 07:40 PM
LeBron said Check his Tattoos. And why are the Lakers fans hating on LeBron. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

He's the reigning League MVP.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Why should that matter? Kobe won the MVP last year and still got far more heat than Lebron ever has.

I also don't see much hate for Lebron in this thread.

Hotshoot
06-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Problem with Lebron is it all about the stats for him till he improves that mentality he will never win a ring no matter how much talent you surround him with.

Lebron23
06-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Problem with Lebron is it all about the stats for him till he improves that mentality he will never win a ring no matter how much talent you surround him with.

If I am the Cavaliers General Manager I trade 1/2 of my team Roster just to acquire a major talent like Pau Gasol.

I hope that LeBron's sidekick is actually 2-3 years younger than him because the 2010's is going to be a very competitive era.

branslowski
06-21-2009, 07:48 PM
If I am the Cavaliers General Manager I trade 1/2 of my team Roster just to acquire a major talent like Pau Gasol.

I hope that LeBron's sidekick is actually 2-3 years younger than him because the 2010's is going to be a very competitive era.

What if we gave you guy's Fisher and Bynum for Mo Williams?....Deal or no Deal?

D-Rose
06-21-2009, 07:50 PM
No way. Never.

Lebron23
06-21-2009, 07:51 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Deal

branslowski
06-21-2009, 07:55 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Deal

Then deal...Bynum avg 6ppg 4reb 40% in the Finals....I can't remember the last time a team won a Title with that kind of production from the starting Center....Maybe im just upset with Bynum atm....I do love Mo Williams....

D-Rose
06-21-2009, 08:00 PM
Then deal...Bynum avg 6ppg 4reb 40% in the Finals....I can't remember the last time a team won a Title with that kind of production from the starting Center....Maybe im just upset with Bynum atm....I do love Mo Williams....
This has got to be a joke.

First off you trade a PG that can hit HUGE shots for one that goes brick in the playoffs.

Second of all, you trade away a 21 year old Center that has the tools and the body to be one of the best at his position....For a PG that was on a 66 win team and totally faded.

Other than LeBron, in my opinion Bynum is more talented than anyone on the Cavs roster.

Mo didn't play his role to try and beat the Magic. Bynum played his role to help beat the Magic.

Say bye-bye to team chemistry or a decent future.:ohwell:

Lebron23
06-21-2009, 08:04 PM

Bynum has more potential than Mo Williams. Before his injury he's putting up solid numbers in the Regular Season.

oh the horror
06-21-2009, 08:22 PM
You know what we're experiencing here?

Basically its the same logic that Lakers fans have been TRYING to explain for years.

Kobe had a GARBAGE team prior to this one for years...yet they did alright, considering he had a team of Smush, Cook, and the rest of the Cosby Kids...

Yet we, as Laker fans were making up "excuses"

Then this year....with this loss....Its because Lebron has a cast of garbage....but this time, the logic is sound, and legitimate.

Oh how time changes things eh?

All Net
06-21-2009, 08:25 PM

Basically its the same logic that Lakers fans have been TRYING to explain for years.

Kobe had a GARBAGE team prior to this one for years...yet they did alright, considering he had a team of Smush, Cook, and the rest of the Cosby Kids...

Then this year....with this loss....Its because Lebron has a cast of garbage....but this time, the logic is sound, and legitimate.

Not close to being the same, those Laker teams never won 66 regular season games.

branslowski
06-21-2009, 08:26 PM

:rolleyes:

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 08:28 PM
Became the youngest player (23 years, 308 days) and fastest (395 games) to reach the following totals: 10,000 points + 2,500 rebounds + 2,500 assists + 700 steals + 300 blocks.

David Robinson has 2441 assists in his entire career, so David Robinson NEVER reached that mark.

Shaq didn't crack the 2500 assist mark until the 2004-2005 season, Shaq just cracked the 700 steals mark last year.

http://mccormicky.com/tiresome/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/homer-doh.jpg

chopchop20
06-21-2009, 08:30 PM

Let's check his stats:
04-05:

05-06

06-07

07-08

08-09

That's a nice resume.

Stats don't equal rings.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Stats don't equal rings.
Wow, are you serious?

LeBron = Peyton Manning of the NBA

Putting up the best numbers in the game, when he has a true team of contenders around him who can beat the top level teams, he will win a championship, just the same as Peyton Manning when the Colts finally put a defense on the field.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 08:34 PM
You do not read whole statements right? You only look at one piece of a whole sentence and just comment on that one little piece. I said "I would say he(Kerr) was a better version of Mo Williams today from 3pt line." Kerr is a better 3pt shooter than Mo Williams. I did not say Kerr is better overall scorer or better rebounder or better passer or better defender, etc. All I said was that Kerr was a better 3pt shooter. I personally believe that Kerr was the 2nd best 3-pt shooter in the 90's after Reggie Miller. You can make the argument that he was the 3rd best 3pt shooter after Miller and Rice in 90s.

Players who led the league in 3pt fg% in the 90's:
Dell Curry
Dale Ellis
Glen Rice
Tim Legler
Tracy Murray
Chris Mullin
Dana Barros
Jim Les
Steve Kerr

Players who lead the league in 3pt fg's made in the 90's:
Vernon Maxwell
Dan Majerle
Reggie Miller
John Starks
Dennis Scott
Wesley Person
Dee Brown

You have Kerr ranked 2cnd out of all these shooters?

Steve Kerr isn't anywhere near most of those guys let alone John Stockton, Mark Price and Jeff Hornacek.

Steve Kerr is overrated.

cotdt
06-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Not close to being the same, those Laker teams never won 66 regular season games.

That's right. When your team is the #1 seed with 66 wins, the notion that your team sucks is ridiculous. Jordan's amazing 37.1 PPG season only netted his team 40 wins. The Cavs not getting to the Finals is nothing short of a huge failure.

And how can you blame matchup problems when you're up 20 points near halftime, yet still manage to lose the game?

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 08:39 PM
That's right. When your team is the #1 seed with 66 wins, the notion that your team sucks is ridiculous. Jordan's amazing 37.1 PPG season only netted his team 40 wins. The Cavs not getting to the Finals is nothing short of a huge failure.

Why do you keep wasting our time here?

#1: The Cavs have a good team, nobody's saying they don't, we were texting about the fact that they need a low post scoring presence, so when they are matched up with the best teams in the game, they can compete instead of relying on outside shooting and/or LeBron to make all the plays.

#2: Can you even name the starting line-up around Jordan that year? Can you discuss how they performed as a whole?

#3: Stop typing!

Fatal9
06-21-2009, 08:41 PM

The poster I quoted highlighted 10000 points, 300 blocks and 2500 rebounds, and I was clearly referring to those particular statistics. Didn't see the 2500 assists and 700 steals requirement (scanned it quickly and missed the unbolded parts).

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 08:42 PM
The poster I quoted highlighted 10000 points, 300 blocks and 2500 rebounds, and I was clearly referring to those particular statistics. Didn't see the 2500 assists and 700 steals requirement (scanned it quickly and missed the unbolded parts).
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :no:

Roundball_Rock
06-21-2009, 08:52 PM
It is odd how one hand how many Lebron fans say his team sucks but then on other talk about how great he will do next season--including winning Finals MVP. As far as we know he will pretty much have the same team next season.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 08:56 PM
It is odd how one hand how many Lebron fans say his team sucks but then on other talk about how great he will do next season--including winning Finals MVP. As far as we know he will pretty much have the same team next season.
You will never quote me as saying that, for sure. I truly believe the Cavs are gonna make 1-3 good moves in the off-season. Ben Wallace retiring is gonna give them some good trade bait because they will be able to trade him to a team who wants to free up cap space. That's why he's waiting to actually retire until he's traded. No doubt the Cavs need a low post scoring presence before LeBron has the tools around him to lead them to a title. The Celtics will be coming back in full force next year and KG has guaranteed a back to back championship for them in 10-11.

Roundball_Rock
06-21-2009, 08:59 PM
I was thinking about people like Lebron23. That guy says Lebron will win regular season, all-star game, and finals MVP next season (I think he also says Lebron will lead the league in scoring too).

They will make moves but it remains to be seen whether they can make a significant move and whether that move pans out. They acquired Mo Williams and he was supposed to be their reliable #2 scorer and look at how that turned out. :oldlol:

chopchop20
06-21-2009, 09:00 PM
Cleveland definitely needs to make at least 2 moves. I think Hedo would be a good fit. And Shaq would give them a much-needed scorer in the post.

LeBron needs to work on his post game as well, especially his footwork. Mike Brown needs to find a way to make teams fear LeBron all over the court, like #24. Cleveland is just too basic in the way that they use LeBron, and he 's gotta add more to his game

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 09:02 PM
I was thinking about people like Lebron23. That guy says Lebron will win regular season, all-star game, and finals MVP next season (I think he also says Lebron will lead the league in scoring too).

They will make moves but it remains to be seen whether they can make a significant move and whether that move pans out. They acquired Mo Williams and he was supposed to be their reliable #2 scorer and look at how that turned out. :oldlol:
Team sports and the future of team sports is hard to predict because of all the intangables. Anyways, the whole regular season, and scoring title thing, I think D Wade is gonna have something to say about that. I bet D Wade sits at his house watching all of the hype around LBJ and Kobe, and D Wade wants to be talked about on the same level as them. Those of us in the "know", we know D Wade is clearly a top 3 player in the NBA depending on where you rank him, but I think he's gonna have a big say in all of those categories except Finals MVP. The whole All-Star game MVP, who cares?

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Cleveland definitely needs to make at least 2 moves. I think Hedo would be a good fit. And Shaq would give them a much-needed scorer in the post.

LeBron needs to work on his post game as well, especially his footwork. Mike Brown needs to find a way to make teams fear LeBron all over the court, like #24. Cleveland is just too basic in the way that they use LeBron, and he 's gotta add more to his game

LeBron's skill set in the post is right on, he can do anything in the post, you really should watch him more. He needs to play face up basketball though because the Cavs rely on him to draw the defense in, freeing up the shooters for good looks. If they used LeBron in the post all day, that would render their shooters useless for the most part. You gotta think about the way you incorporate his usage in the team offense as pertains to the players who are around him and their strengths.

cotdt
06-21-2009, 09:05 PM
I bet D Wade sits at his house watching all of the hype around LBJ and Kobe, and D Wade wants to be talked about on the same level as them. Those of us in the "know", we know D Wade is clearly a top 3 player in the NBA depending on where you rank him, but I think he's gonna have a big say in all of those categories except Finals MVP. The whole All-Star game MVP, who cares?

You lie!!! D-Wade says that he does not care about all the popularity Kobe and Lebron are getting. He cares more about his personal life, which sucks right now. He said he does not care about the MVP trophy.

LeBron's skill set in the post is right on, he can do anything in the post, you really should watch him more. He needs to play face up basketball though because the Cavs rely on him to draw the defense in, freeing up the shooters for good looks. If they used LeBron in the post all day, that would render their shooters useless for the most part. You gotta think about the way you incorporate his usage in the team offense as pertains to the players who are around him and their strengths.

Finally, you say something decent.

Roundball_Rock
06-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Wade's team can only next year improve through experience. If they can get to the 50's in wins Wade has a legitimate shot at being MVP, although this will be greatly influenced by which end of the 50's they are at and their seeding. Individually he is right up there with Lebron/Kobe but his team sucking holds him back as far as the public eye goes.

chopchop20
06-21-2009, 09:10 PM

At best, I'd say LeBron is "effective" in the post. But a guy who's 6'9 and 270+ should be killing it. I mean, he should be getting most of his touches in the paint. It's a much better % than isolating him at the top of the key and waiting for him to make a move.

I realize that the offense still relies on the skill of the players around him, but I think Mike Brown could still do more with the talent that he has

KOBERAMBIS
06-21-2009, 09:10 PM
LEBRON JAMES=CHARLES BARKLEY... GREAT STATS- PERENNIAL LOSERS!!!

PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT THEIR TEAMMATES, WHILE THEY SUCK HARD WHEN GAME IS ON THE LINE...

WIN SOMETHING BEFORE TATTING YOURSELF THE CHOSEN ONE...

WHAT A TOOL...BUT THEN AGAIN THERE ARE A MANY TOOLS ON THIS SITE!!!:lol

NO WONDER BARKLEY CRIED ABOUT JAMES BEING OUSTED IN ECF AND CRIED HARDER WHEN THE LAKERS WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP...IT WAS DE JA VU ALL OVER FOR HIM...HAHAHA

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 09:12 PM
At best, I'd say LeBron is "effective" in the post. But a guy who's 6'9 and 270+ should be killing it. I mean, he should be getting most of his touches in the paint. It's a much better % than isolating him at the top of the key and waiting for him to make a move.

I realize that the offense still relies on the skill of the players around him, but I think Mike Brown could still do more with the talent that he has
Again, you dont understand the concept of using LeBron's ability to handle the rock like a point forward, and the way that opens up the floor for his teammates, for everyone from Big Z to Delonte West.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 09:12 PM
LEBRON JAMES=CHARLES BARKLEY... GREAT STATS- PERENNIAL LOSERS!!!

PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT THEIR TEAMMATES, WHILE THEY SUCK HARD WHEN GAME IS ON THE LINE...

WIN SOMETHING BEFORE TATTING YOURSELF THE CHOSEN ONE...

WHAT A TOOL...BUT THEN AGAIN THERE ARE A MANY TOOLS ON THIS SITE!!!:lol

NO WONDER BARKLEY CRIED ABOUT JAMES BEING OUSTED IN ECF AND CRIED HARDER WHEN THE LAKERS WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP...IT WAS DE JA VU ALL OVER FOR HIM...HAHAHA
Repping the Kobe apostles to the fullest.

KOBERAMBIS
06-21-2009, 09:18 PM
Repping the Kobe apostles to the fullest.

What did I say that isn't 100% accurate Bruce?

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 09:19 PM
What did I say that isn't 100% accurate Bruce?
:wtf: :no: :hammerhead:

KOBERAMBIS
06-21-2009, 09:22 PM
:wtf: :no: :hammerhead:

Great answer. Speaking of Tools...

Does your moniker say idiot savant with a heavy dose of idiot?

...THOUGHT SO!!!

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Great answer. Speaking of Tools...

Does your moniker say idiot savant with a heavy does of idiot?

...THOUGHT SO!!!
:wtf: :confusedshrug: :hammerhead:

chopchop20
06-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Again, you dont understand the concept of using LeBron's ability to handle the rock like a point forward, and the way that opens up the floor for his teammates, for everyone from Big Z to Delonte West.

I think that we've seen how that has turned out. The problem with using him as a facilitator is the talent around him! He's not king the ball out to Kerr and Paxson, or Horry and Fisher -- he has Boobie Gibson, etc.

Make this guy a weapon and he could average 40 points per game. People always criticize Kobe for taking a lot of shots. But in the big game, I want my best player taking shots. I don't wanna see Andrew Bynum go 1 - 11 in the 1st quarter (wait, that's already happened).

amfirst
06-21-2009, 09:36 PM
Mo Williams?

ROFL

He's not the greatest sidekick, but Dwight doesn't have the best one either. Rashard Evans? Mo and LeBron should be better than Dwight and Rashard.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-21-2009, 10:23 PM
Why do you keep wasting our time here?

#1: The Cavs have a good team, nobody's saying they don't,

how does this jive with YOU SAYING that Mo Williams was to blame because he didn't shoot a good percentage?

make up your mind.

bruceblitz
06-21-2009, 10:34 PM
how does this jive with YOU SAYING that Mo Williams was to blame because he didn't shoot a good percentage?

make up your mind.
Are you serious? The Cavs do have a good team around LeBron, the fact that Mo went into the tank against Orlando is exactly why they lost, the combo of D Gibson/Mo/Wally/Big Z going into the tank is why they lost, I clearly showed that. That doesn't mean they aren't a good team. You really can't separate the two opinions? The Cavs don't have the type of team that is consistent enough to beat the top level teams at this point and that was shown during the Orlando series. A more consistent low-post scoring presence would put them over the top.

No offense to the other readers but when I saw that bleedinpurpleTwo had left a comment, I knew it was gonna be something this blatantly stupid.

To summarize, you can be a good team but yet not good enough to beat top level teams. Really though, why am I explaining this?

Disaprine
06-21-2009, 11:02 PM
:oldlol: at these homers, its just a shirt people and he meant money not Bball stats.

sobeking
06-21-2009, 11:15 PM
C'mon kids, it's just a shirt...

"Check my $tats" ... I like it, does somebody here got his phone number so I can ask where he bought it??

(LOL if some guys here in this forum went to meet LeBron, it would be like Little Dez in the puppets commercials...Can't stop talking about him and anything that comes at mind as well, "Lebron... ? LEBRON!! LeBron? Hey Lebron!! LeBrooon?")

Godfather
06-21-2009, 11:22 PM
If he wore a shirt saying, "Trust me I am a doctor" I bet half of you would point out he doesn't have a doctorate.

Ease up...its not like he was accused of rape.

Meticode
06-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Awesome shirt. It gets everyone talkin' about ya. :oldlol:

Allstar24
06-21-2009, 11:54 PM
If he wore a shirt saying, "Trust me I am a doctor" I bet half of you would point out he doesn't have a doctorate.

:confusedshrug: Did you have to go there?

Godfather
06-21-2009, 11:55 PM
:confusedshrug: Did you have to go there?
:cry:

OneMoreSucka
06-21-2009, 11:56 PM

http://smiliesftw.com/x/ThisFkGuy.gif

Allstar24
06-21-2009, 11:59 PM
:cry:
:oldlol: I have nothing to cry about.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/51/el1oo2.jpg

Godfather
06-21-2009, 11:59 PM

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/51/el1oo2.jpg

Keep going child.

You were the one who inquired about my post.

Are you mad?

OneMoreSucka
06-22-2009, 12:02 AM

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h302/DJReeg21/u-mad___camron.jpg

Allstar24
06-22-2009, 12:05 AM
Keep going child.

You were the one who inquired about my post.

Are you mad?
I have no reason to be mad. My favorite player just won a championship. The reason I inquired about your post was to know why it's always about Kobe with you guys. Somehow you manage to bring Kobe's rape case into a thread about LeBron's t-shirt...I just found that amusing.

Allstar24
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h302/DJReeg21/u-mad___camron.jpg
:rolleyes:

OneMoreSucka
I rest my case.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-22-2009, 12:10 AM
wow. this conversation took a wrong turn.

oh the horror
06-22-2009, 12:11 AM
At this point, is bringing up the fact that Kobe was accused of rape not the most TIRED OUT, PLAYED OUT, NON-RELEVANT piece of nonsense anyone can muster?

It would have been hard hitting, and made sense 4 years ago, but today, YEARS later, and people still do that?

Its about as stale as you can get.

Any Lincoln dying jokes we can throw up in there as well?

Or perhaps a good rousing hindenburg disaster line? I mean while we're hitting these things at their peaks.

OneMoreSucka
06-22-2009, 12:12 AM
wow. this conversation took a wrong turn.
They all do. When was the last time there was a kobe thread without someone posting MJ's finals stats?

Every thread gets off topic, it cannot be avoided.

Meticode
http://smiliesftw.com/x/ThisFkGuy.gif

This literally made me laugh. :oldlol:

Allstar24
At this point, is bringing up the fact that Kobe was accused of rape not the most TIRED OUT, PLAYED OUT, NON-RELEVANT piece of nonsense anyone can muster?

It would have been hard hitting, and made sense 4 years ago, but today, YEARS later, and people still do that?

Its about as stale as you can get.

Any Lincoln dying jokes we can throw up in there as well?

Or perhaps a good rousing hindenburg disaster lines? I mean while we're hitting these things at their peaks.
Thank you! That's all I'm saying. And now I'm out of this thread before Godfather comes back with another retarded response.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-22-2009, 12:15 AM
They all do. When was the last time there was a kobe thread without someone posting MJ's finals stats?

Every thread gets off topic, it cannot be avoided.

true that.

inclinerator
06-22-2009, 12:19 AM
lol at this thread

cotdt
06-22-2009, 12:23 AM
why do Lebron James threads always end up being about Kobe Bryant?

inclinerator
06-22-2009, 12:25 AM
why does Kobe Bean Bryant thread always end up being about Lebron James?

KAJ=GOAT
06-22-2009, 12:32 AM
hey were u watching those games? how is lebron suppose to guide their wide open threes in also wide open 2s for z which is ur job to make them in. Its the fact that they choked in the playoffs while Lebron remained strong

We should have probably gotten this out of the way first, but,
Do you believe in that term, "makes his teammates better"?

How did he make them better before though, if one believes in that idea? Since he was the reason for their success in the first place, why didn't he use those powers against the Magics.

"but they don't got no control over thier life, inside their ugly"

Juges8932
06-22-2009, 12:46 AM

Do you feel better after doing anything and everything to make Kobe look bad as much as you do? LBJ is great, yes, and this thread is about him, so don't bring Kobe into it, like you were up there^^

Samurai Swoosh
06-22-2009, 12:48 AM
I see nothing wrong with this shirt, and have no idea why people are taking it in terms of his basketball "stats" because the shirt is clearly indicating "stats" as money. No biggie. Lighten up, kiddies.

bruceblitz
06-22-2009, 12:55 AM
Do you feel better after doing anything and everything to make Kobe look bad as much as you do? LBJ is great, yes, and this thread is about him, so don't bring Kobe into it, like you were up there^^
This is what I'm gonna do, since you are accusing me of "bringing Kobe into it", let me go back in the thread and see who typed the words Kobe Bryant or Kobe first....

Lebron23
06-22-2009, 12:59 AM
This Thread is still Active.

Can the Moderator Lock this Thread?

bruceblitz
06-22-2009, 01:00 AM
I see nothing wrong with this shirt, and have no idea why people are taking it in terms of his basketball "stats" because the shirt is clearly indicating "stats" as money. No biggie. Lighten up, kiddies.

Mo Williams?

ROFL

Not to mention the dozen Kobe apostles taking swipes at LeBron thoughout the thread, over a t-shirt.

:wtf: :oldlol: :oldlol: :no:

KobeRules24
06-22-2009, 01:02 AM
Not to mention the dozen Kobe apostles taking swipes at LeBron thoughout the thread, over a t-shirt.

:wtf: :oldlol: :oldlol: :no:

Bruce, did you get your father's day present? i got mine

JustinJDW
06-22-2009, 01:06 AM

Can the Moderator Lock this Thread?Why? This thread is fun. :ohwell:

branslowski
06-22-2009, 01:15 AM

Can the Moderator Lock this Thread?

This happens when you have 1 or 2 LeBron hater's...

And a Bruce Blitz on his Period....

A thread goes bonkers...

Boy o boy if I were a mod....Trolls would go bye bye

KobeRules24
06-22-2009, 01:18 AM
This happens when you have 1 or 2 LeBron hater's...

And a Bruce Blitz on his Period....

A thread goes bonkers...

Boy o boy if I were a mod....Trolls would go bye bye

i sent u a message (youtube)

daily
06-22-2009, 01:28 AM
Bruce, did you get your father's day present? i got mine
Bruce got a t-shirt

http://i42.tinypic.com/oj1egn.jpg

KobeRules24
06-22-2009, 01:34 AM
Bruce got a t-shirt

:oldlol: :oldlol: :roll: that's too funny

kumquat
07-30-2010, 06:59 PM
oh

branslowski
07-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Bruce got a t-shirt

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

This thread was funny...:oldlol:

nosurrender
07-30-2010, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE=livia]Wanna rush to purchase LeBron

cavsfanatic
07-30-2010, 09:51 PM
The shirt still means money. As much as I

nbacardDOTnet
08-03-2010, 02:43 PM

The shirt still means money. As much as I

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/Funny%20NBA%20Record/Lebron%20James/6be30dce.jpg

from ESPN
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/0%20Players/Lebron%20James/c8296c7a.jpg

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3520860

Don't even compare LeBron (or Kobe for that matter) to Jordan. When LeBron (or Kobe) win 6 titles or more and win them doing it in a 3 peat both times then you can say they might be close to Michael Jordan.

fazzazz1k
08-03-2010, 04:00 PM

Let's check his stats:
04-05:

05-06

06-07

07-08

08-09

That's a nice resume.

:applause:

laker24
08-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Real basketball fan know stats are not as important as people make them out to be. I'm tired of hear how Lebron didn't have any help with the cavs. Going into the playoffs, everybody their momma was picking the cavs to win it all. The problem was that the cavs didn

fazzazz1k
08-03-2010, 04:29 PM
You guys blow anything way out of proportion.

RonySeikalyFTL
08-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Could mean "Tats" as in tatoos.

BTW- Lebron >>>>>> Kobe.

RightTwoCensor
04-09-2015, 02:12 PM
Came here curious what ISH thought of LeBron's Check My $tats shirt, didn't expect a bruceblitz meltdown.

Gotta love the Ringless LeBron era

AkronAngel
04-09-2015, 02:16 PM
Well, now he has stats and achievements.