PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James "Check my Stats" T-shirt getting Heat...

Jordan-esque
06-22-2009, 04:12 PM
TMZ: LeBron James Ego Tour Rolls On (http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/21/lebron-james-basketball-nba-cleveland-cavaliers/)

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/06/0621_lebron_57433ex_james_b-gr_01.jpg

LeBron "King" James is good and he has no problem reminding people about it.

A few days after slyly pointing out to people he won the Most Valuable Player award, King James was spotted in St. Tropez yesterday directing people to his bank account for further affirmation of his supremacy.
Article seems over the top, since I think it's crack-up funny!

Do you agree or is the Media making a big deal out of nothing?

boozehound
06-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Article seems over the top, since I think it's crack-up funny!

Do you agree or is the Media making a big deal out of nothing?
well, it does reflect on him as a money grubbing status seeker. He wants to be a celebrity first IMO.

Jordan-esque
06-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Looking through the archives, he's getting killed by TMZ!

This was posted 4 days ago:

TMZ - LeBron James MVL (http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/17/lebron-james-most-valuable-loser/)

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/06/0617_lebron_tmz_video.jpg

Overcompensation - noun - excessive reaction to a feeling of inferiority, guilt, or inadequacy leading to an exaggerated attempt to overcome the feeling ... especially when someone expected to win the NBA championship doesn't even make the finals.

LeBron James rocked this egotistical T-shirt during a shopping break in N.Y. yesterday.

boozehound
06-22-2009, 04:34 PM
I agree that he does seem to be overly concerned with public perception. Maybe not as far as an inferiority complex, but definitely a little insecurity.

regardless, its all dumb media hoopla (it all is) and hes loving it.

gts
06-22-2009, 04:37 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136530

nbastatus
06-22-2009, 04:40 PM
lebron looks like around his 30's.
or a homeless african man!

Mikaiel
06-22-2009, 04:42 PM
He should get heat for spending his vacation in Saint Tropez. So clich

KubiliusF
06-22-2009, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE=Mikaiel]He should get heat for spending his vacation in Saint Tropez. So clich

adamcz
06-22-2009, 04:48 PM
His heroes growing up were largely rappers who write 50% of their lyrics about how great they are. I'm surprised we don't hear/see more of this from athletes who grew up immersed in that culture.

Fatal9
06-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Wonder how an uneducated, unsophisticated arrogant punk like Lebron even fits in high society?

Mikaiel
06-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Saint Tropez is a nice place i`ve visited. :wtf:

If you're a millionaire then yeah it's not so bad.

nbastatus
06-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Wonder how an uneducated, unsophisticated arrogant punk like Lebron even fits in high society?
i wonder the same thing about you too.

Interminator
06-22-2009, 04:57 PM
:roll: @ LeBron getting heat for wearing a shirt saying Check My Stats.

Im not going to go all PB or L23 in this thread, but come the **** on, its LeBron James not James Jones promoting themself.

He has the right to promote himself as a player as much as he wants, he just cant say hes a winner until he wins a ring.

cotdt
06-22-2009, 04:57 PM
i wonder the same thing about you too.

you lose.

boozehound
06-22-2009, 04:58 PM
:roll: @ LeBron getting heat for wearing a shirt saying Check My Stats.

Im not going to go all PB or L23 in this thread, but come the **** on, its LeBron James not James Jones promoting themself.

He has the right to promote himself as a player as much as he wants, he just cant say hes a winner until he wins a ring.
you do realize hes referring to his bank account?

Interminator
06-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Because he is an amazing basketball player and has a very likeable personality and as far as we know has never snitched on his teammate while being interviewed by police.

cotdt
06-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Because he is an amazing basketball player and has a very likeable personality and as far as we know has never snitched on his teammate while being interviewed by police.

Die.

Fatal9
06-22-2009, 05:08 PM
Especially with a shirt like that, which any rich person (especially old money) would scoff at. Showing off your "financial stats" or your "basketball stats" is tacky, unrefined/unsophisticated behavior, and actually is almost offensive. How does he even engage in a conversation with anyone above a high school education?! Dull as hell. Relevant today, but will be irrelevant tomorrow.

There's no way this guy is going to start an empire like Jordan, who had all the things (personality-wise) which Lebron lacks.

cotdt
06-22-2009, 05:10 PM
There's no way this guy is going to start an empire like Jordan, who had all the things (personality-wise) which Lebron lacks.

I agree. Lebron will likely end up as the next Dominique Wilkins at best.

john_d
06-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Big O... he is the next big O

west
Die.

Knoe Itawl
I like LeBron but these past two shirt incidents don't put him in the best light.

Lebron23
06-22-2009, 05:19 PM
This thread is gayer than the owner of TMZ.

http://www.portfolio.com/images/feeds/blogs/people%27s%20court%20raw.jpg

TMZ Hated LeBron James, Adrian Grenier, John Travolta, Tom Brady, and every successful person in the World.

Mikaiel
06-22-2009, 05:20 PM

I thought he was your favorite player ? :confusedshrug:

:oldlol: He's already better than Wilkins ...

oh the horror
06-22-2009, 05:24 PM
I like LeBron but these past two shirt incidents don't put him in the best light.

On top of the whole fiasco about him not shaking hands with Orlando players, or talking to the press.

Anyone willing to bet on how long before he refers to himself in third person?

Fatal9
06-22-2009, 05:29 PM
I thought he was your favorite player ? :confusedshrug:
When did I ever say that?! I enjoy watching him play, that's about it. He's not very likable or charismatic. But I still evaluate him with an unbiased eye. Is it so hard to believe that you don't need an agenda to think Lebron is overrated? I never say this stuff about Wade, Kobe, Paul, Duncan etc.

Mikaiel
06-22-2009, 05:44 PM
When did I ever say that?!

I don't know, but you did. And when you realized you weren't fooling anyone, you said you were actually a Brandon Roy fan. And then you came out of the closet and admitted Kobe was your favorite player.

gts
06-22-2009, 05:44 PM
I like LeBron but these past two shirt incidents don't put him in the best light.Just stop. It's a stupid T-shirt for gods sake who cares what it says what it infers too and who's wearing it.

you fricking soap opera babies are just packing mush for brains

"best light" lol

Interminator
06-22-2009, 05:55 PM
It all depends when his hype machine runs out of fuel, LeBron's hype currently is on par with the hype received by Grant Hill, and Allen Iverson for a few years before eventually the hype machine stopped and some of their supporters became their biggest doubters.

Butters
06-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Anyone willing to bet on how long before he refers to himself in third person?

As soon as he wins the Chip.

Man this is going to be a fun..ish year lol!

"Gess what leBrons next shirt will be"

My money is on "Im a winner"unless he already did that....

1~Gibson~1
06-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Because he is an amazing basketball player and has a very likeable personality and as far as we know has never snitched on his teammate while being interviewed by police.:oldlol: owned

Lebron23
06-22-2009, 06:14 PM

RIP Fatal

bagelred
06-22-2009, 06:38 PM
When Lebron James had the Tshirt saying: "Ask me about my big *****!", I thought that was a little much.

NOTE: They blocked out the word Penys? WTF? Wow.......

cotdt
06-22-2009, 06:41 PM
I'll get to meet Lebron next month when he comes to my school campus. LBJ Most Valuable Loser! Wonder what he would be wearing then.

Mikaiel
06-22-2009, 06:42 PM
When Lebron James had the Tshirt saying: "Ask me about my big *****!", I thought that was a little much.

http://www.8ball.co.uk/tshirts/theman-thelegend_1_106912_black-white-print_l.jpg

G-train
06-22-2009, 06:42 PM
its a pathetic, self-worshipping, arrogant t-shirt. So most of you American sports fans wont have a problem with it.

Y2Gezee
06-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Is it supposed to be news to anybody that Lebron's attention seeking and a stat whore?

Besides what has come out of his mouth or what you can see, the guy has "The Chosen One" on his back.

oh the horror
06-22-2009, 07:00 PM
its a pathetic, self-worshipping, arrogant t-shirt. So most of you American sports fans wont have a problem with it.

You can keep "AMERICANS" out of you text. You want to over generalize? Where are you from? EUROPE?

oh the horror
06-22-2009, 07:01 PM

The censorship is a bit much. Dude, they censor the word "w.i.g.g.e.r"

G-train
06-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Australia.
And the shirt defines why most of the world dislikes the American sports culture.

Laker4Lyfe
06-22-2009, 07:05 PM
It's only a t-shirt people should GET OVER IT!!!

When I was a teenager I had a t-shirt with 2 oranges on the front and it said "please squeeze these" :roll::roll:

My mother HATED it and took it from me. I didn't understand why, like i was gonna just let guys walk up and squeeze the fruit!!!

It's a shirt, it's cute leave LeBron alone. :banghead::banghead:

Fatal9
06-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Is it supposed to be news to anybody that Lebron's attention seeking and a stat whore?

Besides what has come out of his mouth or what you can see, the guy has "The Chosen One" on his back.
Don't forget the "witness" tattoo and the regal lion on his chest to symbolize his status as "King James". Guy is pathetic to the point he is tattooing marketing campaigns on himself.

What a joke.

Mikaiel
06-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Don't forget the "witness" tattoo and the regal lion on his chest to symbolize his status as "King James". Guy is pathetic to the point he is tattooing marketing campaigns on himself.

What a joke.

Shaq has a superman tattoo.

Where's the hate ?

G-train
06-22-2009, 07:09 PM
shaq gets his fair share of hate

bagelred
06-22-2009, 07:10 PM
The censorship on this **** is just a *** *** much. I mean, can't we **** a conversation where we **** what we **** without being ******* every two *******. This ** ******* ********* ridiculous.

It's ********** to **** * ****** ********** ** **** anymore.

Lebron23
06-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Fatal9 also has a tattoo on his @$$.

"I am Kobe Bryant's No.1 B1tch"

Roundball_Rock
06-22-2009, 07:22 PM

He doesn't have much formal education but I don't think he is stupid. He is not a rocket scientist but my guess would be he has above average to/good intelligence.

I do agree that his arrogance is annoying and I don't know why he is like this. He is all about marketing and arrogance can at some point hurt your image. Did anyone ever see MJ, the real GOAT, hype himself this way? Most great athletes tend to be humble--at least in public. You will never hear Tiger Woods call himself the GOAT, Michael Schumacher say he is better than Senna, Federer wear a "We are witnesses" shirt, etc.

tastystaci
06-22-2009, 07:24 PM
He doesn't have much formal education but I don't think he is stupid. He is not a rocket scientist but my guess would be he has above average to/good intelligence.

I do agree that his arrogance is annoying and I don't know why he is like this. He is all about marketing and arrogance can at some point hurt your image. Did anyone ever see MJ, the real GOAT, hype himself this way? Most great athletes tend to be humble--at least in public. You will never hear Tiger Woods call himself the GOAT, Michael Schumacher say he is better than Senna, Federer wear a "We are witnesses" shirt, etc.

:roll: MJ is anything but humble. He's about as humble as Muhamed Ali :roll:

D-Rose
06-22-2009, 07:26 PM
:roll: MJ is anything but humble. He's about as humble as Muhamed Ali :roll:
Once LeBron wins 6 titles, he can be arrogant, got to earn it.

Fatal9
06-22-2009, 07:28 PM
They also always keep any hint of arrogance or conceit on the playing field too (Larry and Mike for example). And plus, they have actually DONE something. Lebron? This dude is either insecure or just doesn't know how to carry himself at this point. Someone mentioned Shaq, the annoying thing with Lebron is that he has this fake image of a "humble young man", when he is anything but.

There is "good arrogance" which athletes like Bird, Jordan and Ali had. Lebron's is cheap and undeserved at this point.

tastystaci
06-22-2009, 07:29 PM
One LeBron wins 6 titles, he can be arrogant, got to earn it.

I prefer "humble" over "cocky", no matter how many rings you have. My two favorite players of all time are Joe Dumars and Steve Nash. And believe me, MJ didn't just turn cocky after winning his 6 titles :lol

barbaroi
06-22-2009, 08:18 PM
The censorship on this **** is just a *** *** much. I mean, can't we **** a conversation where we **** what we **** without being ******* every two *******. This ** ******* ********* ridiculous.

It's ********** to **** * ****** ********** ** **** anymore.
Best post in this thread hahaha

Rockets(T-mac)
06-22-2009, 08:38 PM
This thread is hilarious. :oldlol:

Kobe homers using every chance they get to say something bad about Lebron.

YoungMula
06-22-2009, 08:40 PM
Fatal9 also has a tattoo on his @$$.

"I am Kobe Bryant's No.1 B1tch"

LOL at least hes not Kobe24... coming from a lebron *****ugger

gts
06-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Australia.
And the shirt defines why most of the world dislikes the American sports culture.Trust me, American sports culture could care less about what they think down under. China, Europe parts of S. America maybe but I cannot for the life of me remember anyone talking about how many jerseys were sold down under or an athlete trying to "crack into" the Australian market.

RedBlackAttack
06-22-2009, 09:09 PM
They also always keep any hint of arrogance or conceit on the playing field too (Larry and Mike for example). And plus, they have actually DONE something. Lebron? This dude is either insecure or just doesn't know how to carry himself at this point. Someone mentioned Shaq, the annoying thing with Lebron is that he has this fake image of a "humble young man", when he is anything but.

There is "good arrogance" which athletes like Bird, Jordan and Ali had. Lebron's is cheap and undeserved at this point.
:yawn:

Do you ever get tired of talking about LeBron? Seriously... It has to encompass about 90-percent of your postings on this forum.

Who the f#ck cares what his t-shirt says?

Knoe Itawl
06-23-2009, 10:34 AM

Do you ever get tired of talking about LeBron? Seriously... It has to encompass about 90-percent of your postings on this forum.

Look, I like LeBron but I've never seen a player of his calibre wear stuff like this. Jordan, Magic, Bird, Isiah, Hakeem, Duncan et al. Obviously he can wear whatever the hell he wants but it can also be commented on. There's just no need for it. Everyone knows he was MVP. Everyone knows his stats are phenomenal. It just smacks of extreme narcissim mixed with insecurity. He's still a young guy, despite his seeming maturity beyond his years so one can only hope that he'll get a handle on it because it just comes off jerky. And again, i LIKE LeBron. I defend his play, I think he's the best in the NBA and all the rest of it. But people have to take off the "celebrity worship" glasses and call things as they are.

Oh, and **** Fatal. If Kobe was wearing it he'd be talking about how great of a fashion statement it is.

gts
06-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Perhaps his jerseys getting heat too
http://www.***************.com/NBA-Jerseys/Cleveland-Cavaliers/
spam

HighFlyer23
04-01-2011, 01:12 AM
lol @ title

PurpleChuck
04-01-2011, 01:23 AM

When Lebron's on your team you defend him like his your mom. Now?

Lol @ this bandwagon retard flip flopping.:roll:

lpublic_enemyl
04-01-2011, 01:50 AM

your pretty dumb

50inchvertical
04-01-2011, 01:54 AM

:oldlol: I just noticed that too as I was scrolling and hadn't yet looked at the dates. He goes from defend LeBron for wearing a "Check my stats" shirt, to now he ******* in long dissertations about things as miniscule as LeBron using Karma in a sentence, being that he's a Xtian. 1 yr ago he would've taken a bullet for dude.

elementally morale
04-01-2011, 01:56 AM
:oldlol: I just noticed that too as I was scrolling and hadn't yet looked at the dates. He goes from defend LeBron for wearing a "Check my stats" shirt, to now he ******* in long dissertations about things as miniscule as LeBron using Karma in a sentence, being that he's a Xtian. 1 yr ago he would've taken a bullet for dude.

You don't really need to scroll anywhere for that though. All you need is some time spent here and decent (not great) memory.

PurpleChuck
04-01-2011, 02:03 AM
A lot of hypocrites on here like Meticode and RBA. All acting like they are saints when they're just butthurt.:roll:

50inchvertical
04-01-2011, 02:08 AM
You don't really need to scroll anywhere for that though. All you need is some time spent here and decent (not great) memory.
It's just funny to point out though. Then he'll come in and call any1 who disagrees with his opinion a troll.

Heat007
04-01-2011, 02:50 AM
LOL it's TMZ

you guys are like girls who follow TMZ gossip.

Get a grip

KevinNYC
04-01-2011, 09:50 AM
LOL it's TMZ

you guys are like girls who follow TMZ gossip.

Get a grip

Where is TMZ located? Would they tend to be fans of the local team?

kidachi
04-01-2011, 10:02 AM
When you average close to a triple double and you are a ****ing millionaire.. you probably have a right to wear those type of shirts..

that being said though.. LeBron's an SOB and has an EGO bigger than we can imagine..

FultzNationRISE
11-14-2021, 09:16 PM
Everyone go to google and check Lebron’s stats, NOW.

ELITEpower23
11-14-2021, 09:18 PM
Everyone go to google and check Lebron’s stats, NOW.

Baaaaang!!!!

Full Court
11-14-2021, 09:33 PM
If you have to continually remind people how good you are, you're an insecure beta.

ELITEpower23
11-14-2021, 09:36 PM
If you have to continually remind people how good you are, you're an insecure beta.

Exactly, so listen to your advice and shut the fu** up :oldlol:

Full Court
11-14-2021, 09:38 PM

You have a reading comprehension problem.

FultzNationRISE
11-14-2021, 09:52 PM

:lebronamazed: :biggums: :lebronamazed:

9-1-1, I’m gonna need medic response at Insidehoops.com, we have a poster who just got knocked tf out cold..

ELITEpower23
11-14-2021, 10:28 PM

9-1-1, I’m gonna need medic response at Insidehoops.com, we have a poster who just got knocked tf out cold..

:pimp:

:dancin

Full Court
11-15-2021, 07:57 AM

:pimp:

:dancin

^Obviously insecure betas also.

ArbitraryWater
11-15-2021, 08:12 AM
well, it does reflect on him as a money grubbing status seeker. He wants to be a celebrity first IMO.

Hot takes have always existed haven‘t they lol

ELITEpower23
11-15-2021, 07:41 PM
^Obviously insecure betas also.

You keep chirping like a little bi*ch and I'm gonna slap you like one

SATAN
11-15-2021, 08:30 PM

https://www.ozy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/42-43592291.jpg?w=660

Full Court
11-15-2021, 11:35 PM
You keep chirping like a little bi*ch and I'm gonna slap you like one

Lol. Bring it, cupcake.

kawhileonard2
11-16-2021, 01:27 AM
Yep he is all about stats only.