PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Rappers of today.

jrt1584
10-13-2006, 01:42 AM
And lets leave guys like Pac & Biggie outta this because even though they release just as much new $hit like the rest of these guys, it's the top 5 of today, not all-time. Unless you're one of those people that think Pac is still alive, then feel free to include him on your list.

1) DMX
2) 50 Cent
3) Obie Trice
4) Eminem
5) Ludacris
6) Jadakiss

Most overrated
1) Nas
His beats are still stuck in the mid-90's.

notorious ai3
10-13-2006, 02:31 AM
1. Jay-Z (if you consider him to still be performing)
2. The Game
3. T.I.
4. Talib Kweli
5. Nas

Most overrated:
1. 50 Cent
2. Chamillionaire (I like some of his songs, but "ridin" got played out real fast)

G-train
10-13-2006, 03:11 AM
1. Jay 2. snoop 3. ludacris 4. 50cent 5. k-fed

funkylikemonkey
10-13-2006, 07:23 AM
1. MF Doom
2. Lord Quas
3. Oh No
4. Mos Def
5. PUTS

Rasheed1
10-13-2006, 09:05 AM
1.Hov
2.Nas
3.Mos
4.Talib
5.lupe

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
10-13-2006, 09:13 AM
1. Jay-z
2. The Game
3. T.I.
4. 50 Cent
5. Ludacris

heavensdevil
10-13-2006, 11:14 AM
Nas
Jigga
Papoose
Lil wayne
Busta Rhymes.

mistadobilina
10-13-2006, 12:30 PM
5. Joe Budden
4. Royce da 5'9
3. AZ
1. Mos Def/Phonte - can't choose

Qwyjibo
10-13-2006, 03:37 PM
No Ghostface??? Shame on all of you...

craigthomasb
10-13-2006, 08:01 PM
1. nas
2. talib kweli
3. jay z

and everyone else sucks

lebron_zoom
10-13-2006, 09:28 PM
1.pac (yea thats right)
2.nas
3.DMX
4.Luda
5.i dunno, i kinda like Jeezy

wTFaMonkey
10-13-2006, 09:41 PM
5. k-fed

ahahahaha :confused:

LALakerFan4Life
10-14-2006, 12:50 AM
1. Nas
2. Rakim
3. Jay-Z
4. Eminem
5. Method Man

final.wrath
10-14-2006, 01:00 AM
i've never heard smarter more artistic rhymes than whats on the lupe fiasco mixtapes

T-Low
10-14-2006, 02:04 AM
1. DMX
2. Busta Rhymes
3. Pharrell
4. Magoo
5. Mos Def (Great on Chappelle's Show)

I love my list.

final.wrath
10-14-2006, 02:10 AM
are we going by skill here or beats? because dmx has no skill, hes been showing up waaay too often on these lists.

jrt1584
10-14-2006, 02:18 AM
are we going by skill here or beats? because dmx has no skill, hes been showing up waaay too often on these lists.

Whoa, stop right there... DMX has no skill? If anyone has been showing up on these lists too often, its Nas. His beats are still stuck in the mid-90's. DMX does a good job of mixing up the gangsta $hit with real life stuff. Ruff Ryders & G-Unit/Shady/Aftermath got the rap game locked down. Nobody can touch any of them.:pimp:

Horde of Temujin
10-14-2006, 02:25 AM
immortal technique
soul heir the manchild
nas
rakaa
aceyalone

qwerty
10-14-2006, 11:26 AM
listen to Joe Budden's broken wing freestyle. its on hiphopgame.com.

GOBB
10-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Anyone who list DMX suffers from having a clue. Guy is a joke of a rapper.

Juvenile
10-14-2006, 01:51 PM
Agree with the Gobbster.

Without any particular ranking:

Talib Kweli
Elzhi of Slum Village
Common
Busta
50 Cent (pre Massacre, listen to Get Rich... again, every second track is a potential hit, he is spitting fire on that album)

I consider Jay retired and NAS lost in time. The Game was all beats. I love the music of Kayne West, but he is not the most talented rapper. Lupe Fiasco is great, but I am not going to put him up there after 1 album. Although Daydreaming is a hell of a song and its not even his best on the album.

geeWiz15
10-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Nas. His beats are still stuck in the mid-90's.
umm.. and that makes him a worse rapper how?

nobody's beats suck as much as Lupe Fiasco's but he's still the best rapper out at the moment.

no particular order except for #1

Lupe
Obie
Luda
Immortal Technique
Weezy

funkylikemonkey
10-14-2006, 02:56 PM
To most of you:

This isn't the list of best rappers being played on the radio, it's just the list of best rappers.

Zombles
10-14-2006, 03:06 PM
no order

Madvillian
Mos Def
Common
Aesop Rock
Buck 65

and Danger Mouse gets honorary mention as the best producer around.

machi
10-14-2006, 03:48 PM

Whoa, stop right there... DMX has no skill? If anyone has been showing up on these lists too often, its Nas. His beats are still stuck in the mid-90's. DMX does a good job of mixing up the gangsta $hit with real life stuff. Ruff Ryders & G-Unit/Shady/Aftermath got the rap game locked down. Nobody can touch any of them.:pimp:

Have you guys ever heard any DMX freestyles? It's just him barking half the time. Dude's not exactly the most talented lyricist imo. That's not to say I don't like his music though. I still listen to Ruff Ryder's Anthem a few times per week. GETS ME AMMMPED!

final.wrath
10-14-2006, 04:07 PM

because gangsta rap is so artistic and creative. it also really helps uplift black culture.

final.wrath
10-14-2006, 04:42 PM
nobody's beats suck as much as Lupe Fiasco's but he's still the best rapper out at the moment.

if you wanna hear lupe on some good beats listen to the following mixtapes. they are much better than food and liquor IMO.

Fahrenheit 1/15 Part 1
R.O.T.N (revenge of the nerds)
A Rhyming Ape
Touch The Sky Mixtape

for a sample of the kind of beats you'll here go to http://www.myspace.com/djbusy and listen to mr.mcfly.

my favorites:
F 1/15 Part 1 - Failure
F 1/15 Part 1 - Boss Playa
F 1/15 Part 1 - Hater Hop
F 1/15 Part 1 - Slow Down
F 1/15 Part 1 - Ooh
F 1/15 Part 1 - WCGI Freestyle
R.O.T.N - switch (science project)
R.O.T.N - Tilted Part 3
A Rhyming Ape - Happy Industries
Touch The Sky - McFly
Touch The Sky - Absolute Fiasco

Touch The Sky is kind of like a "best of" the mixtapes.

brwnman
10-14-2006, 05:29 PM
no order

Immortal Technique
Joe Budden
Lupe Fiasco
T.I. (just for the heck of it, I am gonna put him there)
Papoose...

T-Low
10-14-2006, 05:57 PM
I am havin trouble findin a god version of "Hater Hop".....anyone know where i can get a whole version?

TMacYaoRockets
10-14-2006, 11:57 PM
1. Jay-Z
2. Nas
3. Rakim
4. Eminem
5. Scarface

monthh
10-15-2006, 11:46 AM
I'd still put Nas at the top until he puts out an album I don't love. I would include Jay-Z as well because he is putting out a new album and is one of the best of all time. Rakim hasn't but anything out in forever, so I won't include him, but he is still maybe the best rapper ever. I won't include Lupe because I look at consistancy and longevity even when look at the best rappers out right now. So my list is:

1. Nas
2. Talib Kweli
3. Murs and Aceyalone (tie)
4. Jay-Z
5. Phonte
6. Common and Black Thought (tie)
7. Eminem
8. Xzibit
9. Raekwon and Ghostface (tie)
10. Slug

I couldn't think of less than 10, but I know I am still forgetting someone.

As for the best hottest/new rappers out:

1. Lupe Fiasco
2. The Game
3. Chamillionare
4. Cassidy
5. Jim Jones

And the best underground artists (groups/rappers/producers) out right now:

1. The whole Justus League
2. Mike Shinoda
3. Def Jux and extended network (Blueprint, RJD2, Mr. Lif, Aesop Rock, Murs, Cage, Perceptionists)
4. Okayplayer artists
5. Jean Grae

funkylikemonkey
10-15-2006, 12:07 PM
RJD2 is great, especially while in Soul Position. Murs 316 was also great, but Murray's revenge was a letdown and I never liked Aesop Rock, but that's just me.

GOBB
10-15-2006, 12:12 PM
Jim Jones is garbage. Why does he even get a mention.

RidonKs
10-15-2006, 01:05 PM
No particular order (this is just my favourite, so that's why they're in my top five)

- Masta Ace
- Tonedeff (check out Love Aint, my fav)
- Cunninlynguists (the group as a whole)
- Immortal Technique
- MF Doom
- Eminem
- Common (phenominal)

And Mike Shinoda shouldn't get a mention in this thread. First of all, he's not underground. His songs are on the radio all the time. Second of all, the only thing that makes him worth listening to is his beats, and some of the guys he works with. His rhymes are too simplistic.

monthh
10-15-2006, 02:26 PM
I mention Jim Jones because gangsta rap is still a valid form of rap music, even if I don't like it. I respect it and with Jim Jones is particular, he is kind of like the new a solo version of the LOX, and is better than all the other new gangsta rappers like Young Jeezy and trash like that. If anyone knows of a better new gangsta rapper, let me know who they are and I will check them out instead.

As for Mike Shinoda, he is a good writer and producer, and he raps pretty good as well. No he is not Jay-Z, but overall as an artist, I think he is one of the best new artists in hip hop even though he is in a rock band. Styles of Beyond really put his album over the top, but even without them, that is still a pretty good album. And I don't listen to the radio so I wouldn't know how much his songs are played, but I was also looking at the fact that he is starting to build a nice label with SOB, Jonah Matranga, and the fact he is producing beats for people like Lupe. And looking at the Reanimation ablum where he worked with people like Planet Asia, Motion Man, Zion, Chali 2na, Pharoahe Monch, KutMasta Kurt, and people like that I think he has a strong connection with the underground. Have a couple hit singles doesn't take that away to me. He is like Will.I.Am who has had some major hits and sold tons of albums with BEP, but still does an album for Sergio Mendes and a song with Jack Herrera.

browntown
10-15-2006, 03:22 PM
1. Nas still on top, no one can pass him.
2. Jay Z, you can still count him since he's making a new CD, other then Nas he is the greatest right now.
3. Mos def he's just plain dirty.
4. Talib Kweli, he has great lyrics and songs.
5. Papoose. Secound place is firt loser is a great album.
Imortal Technique. Wow he's lyrics are off the hook.

Honrable Mentions

Kanye West, Jea Millz, Busta, T.I and Cassidy

Laker4Lyfe
10-15-2006, 07:34 PM
Rap is gone downhill. I mean "Chicken Noodle Soup", "Chain Hang Low" and many, many, many more. Hot garbage is what it is. I'm ashamed of what the rap game has become.

jrt1584
10-15-2006, 09:11 PM

So are u :hammerhead: ... And the #'s don't lie. He's sold more albums than 99% of the rappers people are listing off here. And maybe it's because i'm living in the midwest, but who in the hell is Immortal Technique? A lot of people are listing him on their lists... Is he new and his name just hasn't spread yet or what? Is he mainly known more on the East and/or West Coast?

funkylikemonkey
10-15-2006, 09:25 PM

So are u :hammerhead: ... And the #'s don't lie. He's sold more albums than 99% of the rappers people are listing off here. And maybe it's because i'm living in the midwest, but who in the hell is Immortal Technique? A lot of people are listing him on their lists... Is he new and his name just hasn't spread yet or what? Is he mainly known more on the East and/or West Coast?

Says the guy with a 50 avatar.

jrt1584
10-16-2006, 12:36 AM
Says the guy with a 50 avatar.

Says the guy with... who in the hell knows, as an avatar. It does make sense though, being that I listed 50 as 1 of my top 2 rappers. Why don't u go get yourself a Kelis avatar and shut up... :roll:

hateraid
10-16-2006, 01:10 AM
Jay-Z
Eminem
Mos Def
Busta
Luda

playtetris
10-16-2006, 01:43 AM
for the love of god, someone include pharoahe monch...

heavensdevil
10-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Jim Jones is garbage. Why does he even get a mention.

Ballin'!!!!

Wicked_1
10-16-2006, 03:44 PM
in no particular order:

Masta Ace:bowdown:
Del the funky homosaphien
Nas
Brother Ali
Importal Technique

honorable mention:
Scarface

RidonKs
10-16-2006, 03:57 PM
I just popped in A Long Hot Summer Wicked. One of my favourite albums ever. Ace is amazing in it. I love the idea of his concept albums. Revelations, Beautiful, Good ol' Love, and Soda and Soap are all classics. Disposable Arts was awesome too.

Wicked_1
10-16-2006, 04:08 PM
I just popped in A Long Hot Summer Wicked. One of my favourite albums ever. Ace is amazing in it. I love the idea of his concept albums. Revelations, Beautiful, Good ol' Love, and Soda and Soap are all classics. Disposable Arts was awesome too.

LOL thats funny i'm at work and i just droped in my comp "Disposable Arts"

His albums are nice, "Long hot Summer" is also one of my favorite albums of all time. i'm really suprised how he isn't more popular here in the states. in Europe is worshiped that's why he tours there more than he does here in the states. Did you here about his new collaboration with Strick and Wordsworth they are calling themselves EMC anda are comming out with an album this spring:eek:

RidonKs
10-16-2006, 04:13 PM
Naaa, I haven't heard of it. That's sweet though. I'll be waiting for it. :D

Wicked_1
10-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Naaa, I haven't heard of it. That's sweet though. I'll be waiting for it. :D
email me deltron50@hotmail.com

i'll email you a track they already released of there album comming out.

nawsanenawmean
10-16-2006, 09:25 PM
It's hard to say, because everyone has their own opinion. I know it's none of these mainstream rappers today, they're all wack. Right now I would say my top 5 favs. at this moment are:

1. Brother Ali
2. Immortal Technique
3. Talib Kweli
4. Sage Francis
5. Mos Def

IBLEEDGREEN43
10-17-2006, 03:29 PM
1. hova
2. common
3. mod def
4. talib
5. killa cam.. yeah ur readin this thinkin.. cam'ron cant rap.. get the **** outta here though, because its not always about lyrical flow.. even cam says he isnt a good rapper...

moose523
10-17-2006, 10:37 PM
jay z
talib
mos def
ludacris
kayne

clipps
10-18-2006, 01:49 AM
Xzibit(the most underrated rapper)
Mike Shinoda
Chamillionaire
Jay-Z
TI

Most overrated
50 cent
The Game
DMX

Most underrated
Xzibit
Mike Shinoda

Lekpriell
03-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Brittney Jones Sextape Photos (http://brittneyjonessextapes.net). 26 Dec 2010 Brittney Jones is her gest stuck: she met Ashton Kutcher in a bowling alley this summer, wording messages exchanged with the actor and then Uh oh. This scenario sounds all too familiar. One girl comes out and says that she had an affair with a famous actor. And then another one is revealed.
also store:
17 Sep 2010 Exclusive: Ashton Kutcher Cheats

Done_And_Done
03-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Brittney Jones Sextape Photos (http://brittneyjonessextapes.net). 26 Dec 2010 Brittney Jones is her gest stuck: she met Ashton Kutcher in a bowling alley this summer, wording messages exchanged with the actor and then Uh oh. This scenario sounds all too familiar. One girl comes out and says that she had an affair with a famous actor. And then another one is revealed.
also store:
17 Sep 2010 Exclusive: Ashton Kutcher Cheats — Again! Star Magazine Sept 15, 2010 First Star exposed Ashton Kutcher's public make-out session with a The Brittney Jones Sex Tape

QUESTION;

When you take your daily teabagging, on what part of the face do you generally prefer the tea bag be deposited? On your chin, forehead or pressed gently against your lips?

Now GTFO here...

RidonKs
03-08-2011, 03:21 PM
dope bump. Ace reps dat shizzzzz. represent? f*cking rights, there ain't no alternative!! double negative? if you figured it out, you're in the wrong forum

Done_And_Done
03-08-2011, 03:52 PM
dope bump. Ace reps dat shizzzzz. represent? f*cking rights, there ain't no alternative!! double negative? if you figured it out, you're in the wrong forum

Beautiful will forever get consistent spins in my Ipod. To me, Ace represents hiphop in its purest form...

Speaking of beautiful...
Your avy breaks hearts. You and Petie starting a movement?