PDA

View Full Version : Hello Thunder Fans, How Is Your GM's First Mistake?

indiefan23
06-25-2009, 09:09 PM
He has been 'solid' in everything he's done up till now. That was a poor pick.

Lone Laker
06-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Thunder fans definitely unhappy here in Oklahoma. Most wanted Rubio...

indiefan23
06-25-2009, 09:33 PM

In a bad draft you swing for the fences. Its a bad draft right? What slot would Harden go in last year's draft? Weak drafts are absolutely the time to take project players with huge upsides.

AlThornton
06-25-2009, 10:22 PM
You know the future or something? Same thing was said last year but Westbrook proved those doubters wrong. Harden will do the same thing, Harden is a great basketball player.

GiveItToBurrito
06-25-2009, 10:27 PM
Rubio would have been better overall, but Harden seems like a perfect fit for the team. I still think Rubio has a good chance at being the best player in the draft, and in hindsight people will probably say "well, why didn't they just trade away Westbrook", but I can't blame them. Sacramento's the only team to mess up so far, since Rubio is a perfect fit for their team. Minnesota probably picked Flynn too high, too, but he's going to be traded anyways, so whatever.

Maniak
06-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Harden is a guy who looks like he will finish top 3 in ROY voting. Hes a future All-Star in the NBA, let the haters hate.

InspiredLebowski
06-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Seriously, you're upset about getting James Harden? Try taking Tyler Hansbrough.

ZHAKIDD532
06-25-2009, 10:38 PM
I don't think that Rubio would have wanted to play there. That's probably what happened.

Power_Ballin
06-25-2009, 10:39 PM
I was one of the biggest supporters of the Westbrooke pick last year. Im not a fan of the Harden pick tho...

Black Magic
06-25-2009, 10:40 PM
lol

Rekindled
06-25-2009, 10:41 PM
I was one of the biggest supporters of the Westbrooke pick last year. Im not a fan of the Harden pick tho...

he didnt want to upset westbrook? did u even read westbrook's interview

T-bomb 25
06-25-2009, 10:43 PM
Harden is a guy who looks like he will finish top 3 in ROY voting. Hes a future All-Star in the NBA, let the haters hate.Agreed Harden is the 2nd best player in the draft,he's a stud,and probably will be the 2nd best player on that Thunder team a future All-star and parenial 20ppg scorer,he reminds of a letfhanded Mitch Richmond,and while Jordan was around he was the 2nd best 2-guard in the league in those days.

SmackOrH.A.K
06-25-2009, 10:44 PM
James Harden will always be the most underrated player. Even when he averages 20+ PPG.

OneMoreSucka
06-25-2009, 10:47 PM
James Harden is going to be really good, I don't know how this can be seen as a mistake.

fatboy11
06-25-2009, 11:09 PM
Seriously, you're upset about getting James Harden? Try taking Tyler Hansbrough.As for the OKC pick, as mentioned already, people (myself included) bagged on the Westbrook pick and he was one of the best rookies last season.

As for the Hansbrough pick, I like it. I think it's a good pick for Indy. Tyler will be a good player for you guys.

crounsa810
06-25-2009, 11:13 PM
How can you be upset about this pick?

Will Rubio be better? Maybe.

Does Harden fit the team better? Hell yeah.

InspiredLebowski
06-25-2009, 11:14 PM
As for the OKC pick, as mentioned already, people (myself included) bagged on the Westbrook pick and he was one of the best rookies last season.

As for the Hansbrough pick, I like it. I think it's a good pick for Indy. Tyler will be a good player for you guys.

I don't hate Hansbrough, I think he's a solid replacement for Jeff Foster. The problem is we need WAY more than a replacement for a hustle big. If I have to choose between gambling on an all-defense 1 (Holiday) and Jeff Foster it isn't hard. No more role players, TALENT!

T-bomb 25
06-25-2009, 11:17 PM
James Harden is going to be really good, I don't know how this can be seen as a mistake.Because its a lot fanboys that dont know basketball,Blake,Curry,Evans,Maynor,Blair,Williams ,Douglas,Mills and Young are very ready to contribute right now,the rest of the Draft im not so sure,to much drafting on potetial instead of who can play and help a team right now.

danumber88
06-25-2009, 11:24 PM
How so? Him and Brook are the "safest" picks in the draft. They will play for you and Harden is great. Harden > Rubio.

Power_Ballin
06-25-2009, 11:33 PM
Lol, we'll see about Harden i guess. Westbrook was a freak athlete, Harden is an average athlete. Westbrook had great quickness and was an elite level defender in college, Harden lacks quickness and i havet heard/seen anything about his defense... It's all about how Harden's offense will translate and I just dont see it being all that great on the NBA level. I see a guy like Evans as an elite level scorer. I see a guy like Curry with a hella quick release and one of the wettest strokes i've ever seen. With Harden, I see the same things I see in Dionte Christmas.... How one is the #3 pick and the other not even off the board yet? idk... I just dont see the hype or the 'specialness' in Harden that you guys are seeing. I saw it Westbrook. Dont see it in Jimmy. Maybe im just missin it.... Of course he is an NBA rotation player, but I think several guards from this draft will be better than him.

RoseCity07
06-25-2009, 11:41 PM
If there is a god the Blazers will draft Patrick Mills.

T-bomb 25
06-25-2009, 11:43 PM
Lol, we'll see about Harden i guess. Westbrook was a freak athlete, Harden is an average athlete. Westbrook had great quickness and was an elite level defender in college, Harden lacks quickness and i havet heard/seen anything about his defense... It's all about how Harden's offense will translate and I just dont see it being all that great on the NBA level. I see a guy like Evans as an elite level scorer. I see a guy like Curry with a hella quick release and one of the wettest strokes i've ever seen. With Harden, I see the same things I see in Dionte Christmas.... How one is the #3 pick and the other not even off the board yet? idk... I just dont see the hype or the 'specialness' in Harden that you guys are seeing. I saw it Westbrook. Dont see it in Jimmy. Maybe im just missin it.... Of course he is an NBA rotation player, but I think several guards from this draft will be better than him.You must be smoking somethng Harden is built to be a dominant scorer in the league.Early on they thought that he was a average athlete,but he lost 15 pounds and was chisled at the workouts,his tests were very high his verticle was higher than Evans,you should do a bit more research.

T-bomb 25
06-25-2009, 11:46 PM
If there is a god the Blazers will draft Patrick Mills.Yayyyy........I like this guy,i can see him and Roy doing some things,this a flat out steal!

mrhoopfan
06-25-2009, 11:56 PM
He reminds me of Paul pierce in a way. Not super quick or OVERLY athletic but athletic and canny enough to consistently get his shot off and get buckets in a variety of ways ....also, highly competitive. In fact, harden's numbers this year are almost identical to Pierce's third year at Kansas.......Now, OKC has to find a center that'll play defense...............Gortat?????

artificial
06-25-2009, 11:58 PM
Seriously, you're upset about getting James Harden? Try taking Tyler Hansbrough.
Ah, that made me lol, not as an expression, but as in people around me heard me laugh :oldlol:

Pharcyde
06-26-2009, 12:01 AM
A Westbrook/Harden back court makes a hell of a lot better sense than Rubio/Westbrook.
Completely besides the point Rubio will suck, Harden is a great player. Way better than the guy Thunder had at the 2 this year.

xtn5021
06-26-2009, 12:22 AM
Let the haters hate. Harden is gonna be a superstar in my predictions.

T-bomb 25
06-26-2009, 12:28 AM
Let the haters hate. Harden is gonna be a superstar in my predictions.Yep all day.

mattreis62
06-26-2009, 12:28 AM
When you've already got a superstar in Kevin Durant, and great young players like Westbrook and Green, you don't need to take a risk on Rubio. Presti made the safe move by filling a hole in his roster with one of the most NBA-ready players in the draft who just happens to fit in perfectly in the backcourt with Westbrook. Plus he potentially filled another hole at C by getting Mullens. I would rate this as another "A" draft for the Thunder.

raptorfan_dr07
06-26-2009, 05:06 AM
If there is a god the Blazers will draft Patrick Mills.

I guess there is a God lol :D :cheers:

matty p
06-26-2009, 05:11 AM
Should've traded Westbrook to Sacramento or Minnesota for pick 4 or 5 and taken Rubio and Harden. I'd much rather have Rubio at PG than Westbrook.

Rubio
Harden
Durant
Green
Mullens

That team would be so good, although I'm not sold on Mullens and think they should've made more of an attempt to trade up to pick 2 for Thabeet.

Meticode
06-26-2009, 05:13 AM

The fans are stupid then. They want a player who doesn't want to play for their team? That's logical.

Go Getter
06-26-2009, 05:19 AM
Here I thought drafting Rubio would be a mistake and taking Harden was good business.:lol

D-Rose
06-26-2009, 01:44 PM
I love Harden in OKC. Fills a need at SG.

He reminds me of Pierce with his body and style. Very crafty.

KenneBell
06-26-2009, 02:12 PM
LOL at people wanting Rubio over Westbrook.

TrueBlue89
10-23-2015, 12:05 PM
Let the haters hate. Harden is gonna be a superstar in my predictions.
:applause:

BoutPractice
10-23-2015, 01:54 PM
He still ended up being their GM's first mistake... just not in the way OP intended.

kshutts1
10-23-2015, 01:58 PM
He still ended up being their GM's first mistake... just not in the way OP intended.
yup. The irony of this thread is sky high.

Fallen Angel
10-23-2015, 02:28 PM
James Harden being overlooked? What's new.

bobopenguin
10-23-2015, 09:50 PM
Should've traded Westbrook to Sacramento or Minnesota for pick 4 or 5 and taken Rubio and Harden. I'd much rather have Rubio at PG than Westbrook.

anyone still see this fool around? :lol

Hey Yo
10-23-2015, 10:01 PM
:applause:
Nice bump.

Genaro
10-23-2015, 10:11 PM
OP not only mis predicted Harden and Rubio's outcomes but he also said 2009 was a bad draft when it was one of the best of these last years.