PDA

View Full Version : Amare to Warriors

Sanity
06-25-2009, 11:17 PM
The Suns will trade Amare Stoudemire to the Warriors for No. 7 overall draft pick Stephen Curry, among other players, the Arizona Republic reports on its website.

The trade cannot be completed until Wednesday because Golden State would receive Andris Biedrins, a base-year compensation player until June 30, according to the report.

Other Warriors players, like power forward Brandan Wright or shooting guard Marco Belinelli, might be part of the deal, according to the report.

Part of the Suns' motivation for doing the deal is almost certainly payroll and luxury tax relief. Biedrins is set to make $9 million in the coming season, while Stoudemire's contract is for $16.4 million.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/article/2009-06-25/stoudemire-reportedly-heading-warriors

OneMoreSucka
06-25-2009, 11:18 PM
**** is going down.

ConanRulesNBC
06-25-2009, 11:19 PM
Why can't the Bulls offer the Suns anything? This is such BS.

noob cake
06-25-2009, 11:20 PM
This is old news;

This rumor has been killed.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-25-2009, 11:20 PM
Suns have imploded.
Sarver needs the money...

Agent_Zero
06-25-2009, 11:21 PM

Babalu
06-25-2009, 11:23 PM
MAN ****. DAMN YOU SUNS....damn YOU!

**** YOU TO THE OWNER!

Maniak
I want this trade to happen, adding Curry and Biedrins to this team will really help us during the rebuilding process.

chitownsfinest
I know right. This is fu*king pathetic to see all these trades flash before the Bulls eyes while they don't ****. Reinsdorf/Paxson/Garr are pathetic.

ConanRulesNBC
06-25-2009, 11:30 PM
I know right. This is fu*king pathetic to see all these trades flash before the Bulls eyes while they don't ****. Reinsdorf/Paxson/Garr are pathetic.

If they don't get something done this offseason I am done with this team besides watching Derrick Rose. I'm so tired of watching all these major trades go down and the Bulls never even making a real move. Sure Paxson brought in Brad Miller and John Salmons but that was AFTER Amar'e was talked about. I'd rather have Amar'e than both of them. I like both Salmons and Miller but come on it wasn't like that was a huge trade.

The Bulls have a ton to offer whether it's expiring contracts or talent like Hinrich, Deng, Tyrus Thomas, etc. and they can't get anything done?

:banghead:

ZHAKIDD532
06-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Chad Ford said this thing was dead.

Da Ballahollic
06-25-2009, 11:35 PM
WTF..Chad Ford just said this was dead..

Amare to the Warriors tho..:rockon:

I love it..

Go Getter
06-25-2009, 11:39 PM
If they don't get something done this offseason I am done with this team besides watching Derrick Rose. I'm so tired of watching all these major trades go down and the Bulls never even making a real move.

Then go root for another team you're not a Bulls fan.

It's a thinking error to assume that just because the Bulls don't land your favorite player that the front office isn't working.

chitownsfinest
06-25-2009, 11:44 PM
If they don't get something done this offseason I am done with this team besides watching Derrick Rose. I'm so tired of watching all these major trades go down and the Bulls never even making a real move. Sure Paxson brought in Brad Miller and John Salmons but that was AFTER Amar'e was talked about. I'd rather have Amar'e than both of them. I like both Salmons and Miller but come on it wasn't like that was a huge trade.

The Bulls have a ton to offer whether it's expiring contracts or talent like Hinrich, Deng, Tyrus Thomas, etc. and they can't get anything done?

Yeah, I don't see how offering the first rounder/TT or Noah/Deng for Amare couldn't have hurt. Not to mention, Bulls had the expirings to make a move at Shaq as well. Also, the Bulls did not go with their plan and trade both their first rounders for an earlier pick like they said they would.

Qwyjibo
06-25-2009, 11:51 PM
The Raptors need to jump in on these talks. There is no chance the Raptors are making any noise in the East next year with that retarded top of Cleveland, Orlando and Boston really being solidified at the top. The Raptors are probably just 1st round fodder for one of these teams if they even make the playoffs at all.

Colangelo has royally ****ed up building around Bosh and Bosh will leave now. If the Raptors could get this kind of return, it's not bad.

Faberg
06-26-2009, 12:20 AM

:violin:

detotronix
06-26-2009, 12:21 AM
As a Warriors fan, i hope and pray this trade does not go through.

xtn5021
06-26-2009, 12:27 AM
Man... Warriors front office... They be f*ckin up...

poido123
06-26-2009, 12:42 AM
Yeah, I don't see how offering the first rounder/TT or Noah/Deng for Amare couldn't have hurt. Not to mention, Bulls had the expirings to make a move at Shaq as well. Also, the Bulls did not go with their plan and trade both their first rounders for an earlier pick like they said they would.

I'm a Bulls fan, what are you guys *****ing about? We have made a good trade already fleecing the Kings of Salmons and Miller, getting rid of little used Nocioni and fillers, as far as im concerned, the GM is doing fine...Patience is the key, no point just acquiring anyone, when we really have to make sure our next trade for a dominant big is the right one...IMO, Bulls wont be able to contend for a championship until 2010, when Rose is in his 3rd year, and also when we can acquire one of the good free agents in that season...It's not always about the now, show some respect to your teams Bulls fans...Im more worries about Bulls resigning Gordon, it will freeze up cap space and make it harder to acquire a top free agent, we can get a much cheaper shooter out there, and make up for his scring through a dominant bigman...

Snoop_Cat
06-26-2009, 12:44 AM
Curry + Biedrins for ONE year of Amare = OWNED

lolwut
06-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Curry + Biedrins for ONE year of Amare = OWNED

extra owned

was chad ford wrong or is this just an old article?

ThaWarrior
06-26-2009, 12:47 AM
warriors wanted amare to sign a extension so that is the reason the trade is dead.

JohnnyBravo5
06-26-2009, 12:53 AM
Too cheap to resign Joe Johnson and then it went down hill..:roll:

KeylessEntry
06-26-2009, 12:56 AM
I think this is actually a pretty good trade for both teams. Doubt it actually happens though.

AznTacoLover
06-26-2009, 12:57 AM
I want this trade to happen, adding Curry and Biedrins to this team will really help us during the rebuilding process.

True Dat! :cheers:

lolwut
06-26-2009, 12:57 AM
Amare doesn't want to sign an extension to play in GS. Can you blame him?

chitownsfinest
06-26-2009, 01:08 AM
I'm a Bulls fan, what are you guys *****ing about? We have made a good trade already fleecing the Kings of Salmons and Miller, getting rid of little used Nocioni and fillers, as far as im concerned, the GM is doing fine...Patience is the key, no point just acquiring anyone, when we really have to make sure our next trade for a dominant big is the right one...IMO, Bulls wont be able to contend for a championship until 2010, when Rose is in his 3rd year, and also when we can acquire one of the good free agents in that season...It's not always about the now, show some respect to your teams Bulls fans...Im more worries about Bulls resigning Gordon, it will freeze up cap space and make it harder to acquire a top free agent, we can get a much cheaper shooter out there, and make up for his scring through a dominant bigman...
I guess me and Conan were acting a little bit*hy, but I guess we are pissed that the Bulls have not even been attempting to make moves at some of the most valuable players on the trade block.
I do agree getting rid of the head case and bad contract in Noc was a good move. We would not have made the playoffs without those two guys and Miller is expiring, and Salmons has a nice contract as well but it did not take the Bulls to the next level like an Amare trade would have. Phx was willing to deal with us and you always take a deal for a player with the caliber of Amare.
I agree that waiting would not hurt as the Bulls will have plenty of cap space, but there is no guarantee you will get a top notch free agent.
I do not want BG back either after his stinker in game 7. I think Bulls should let Kirk start and sign a back up guard like Flip Murray or Von Wafer.

chitownsfinest
06-26-2009, 01:10 AM
Yeah it will be great for Steph because he will have Nash to mentor him for an entire year. Really help in his growth process. Beans is a great rebounder and is perfect for a fast break team.

poido123
06-26-2009, 01:15 AM
I guess me and Conan were acting a little bit*hy, but I guess we are pissed that the Bulls have not even been attempting to make moves at some of the most valuable players on the trade block.
I do agree getting rid of the head case and bad contract in Noc was a good move. We would not have made the playoffs without those two guys and Miller is expiring, and Salmons has a nice contract as well but it did not take the Bulls to the next level like an Amare trade would have. Phx was willing to deal with us and you always take a deal for a player with the caliber of Amare.
I agree that waiting would not hurt as the Bulls will have plenty of cap space, but there is no guarantee you will get a top notch free agent.
I do not want BG back either after his stinker in game 7. I think Bulls should let Kirk start and sign a back up guard like Flip Murray or Von Wafer.

Agree with that, but I honestly dont think Amare is the right fit either, but if a team was willing to make a great trade offer of Amare, you would have to take him, interesting to see how our draft pick #16 James johnson goes for us :cheers: ideally a back to the basket post player who scores is what we need, its hard to find them out there on the market, Bosh isnt really that player, and Boozer is more of a bustle post player who shoots off the pick and roll...

Ok, back to the subject, Amare is a really good fit for Warriors, an athletic bigman who can run the floor and offer a bit of defence, however a Don Nelson Warriors style team, doesnt value that so much, so he will fit in well...

Hopper15
06-26-2009, 01:20 AM
Trade is dead via chad ford.

D-Rose
06-26-2009, 01:25 AM
Trade is dead via chad ford.
Damnit...wasn't there a link to some Suns blog that said it was close to done?

Ric Bucher tweeted this

phx source says curry was picked for him, but gs source denies it, so we stayed away from it. i believe the gs source is lying.

Maybe the GS source lied to Ford?

NotYetGreat
06-26-2009, 01:28 AM
Really? C'mon, Steve Kerr! Really?

Hopper15
06-26-2009, 01:32 AM
Amare turned down an extension, killed the trade.

Atomic DOG
06-26-2009, 01:33 AM
this is a great trade for both teams. the warriors dont care about contending, they just wanna be exciting, so amare is the perfect type of player for them. and phoenix wants to stockpile talent, so this works from their standpoint too.

JustinJDW
06-26-2009, 01:33 AM
Wow, if this is true then the Warriors are retarded. Giving up a great prospect like Stephen Curry for a overrated Big Man with a still underdeveloped Offensive Game. Amare can't take the Warriors anywhere, so why the hell would they do this?

Retarded trade for the Warriors.

bigboj55555
06-26-2009, 01:34 AM
this trade is so horrible for the warriors .i really dont understand why they litterally be giving away all their young talent for a player who would only be their 1 year.amare would never sign there

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 01:40 AM
if the warriors would have drafted jennings or hill none of this would be happening

i warned the warriors all day dont draft curry dont do it pass on him......but no lets pick another shooter :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :banghead: :banghead:

NugzFan
06-26-2009, 01:48 AM
when was the last time a player turned down an extension?

plowking
06-26-2009, 01:52 AM
Awesome, Miami should be back in the hunt.

baseketball4life
06-26-2009, 01:52 AM
warriors wanted amare to sign a extension so that is the reason the trade is dead.
i read amare wants 5 yr 100 M extension

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 01:53 AM
i read amare wants 5 yr 100 M extension

holy crap

T-bomb 25
06-26-2009, 01:54 AM
Awesome, Miami should be back in the hunt.Why? they already have enough hoop catchers.:D

baseketball4life
06-26-2009, 01:55 AM
As a Warrior fan I would say obviously if we can't extend Amare at this trade I would never do this.

Biedrins long term locked in, Curry will be locked in long term all for Amare 1 season... pointless really dumb trade for us... if Amare inked 4-5 year extension with us I would do this no brainer... its a fine line for me

nbastatus
06-26-2009, 01:57 AM
i hope this will happen.
warriors will be a fun team to watch :pimp:

baseketball4life
06-26-2009, 01:57 AM
Something is really fishy about this though, first off Sportingnews is a credible site usually and them reporting it as agreed upon would strike me as a truth... it would be real bad PR if they put up fake news.. But also I know Nellie did not want Curry, even though I love the pick if we keep Curry.. Another twist is that it can't be official until July 8th even if it is agreed upon due to Biedrins being base year compensation..... strange

baseketball4life
06-26-2009, 01:58 AM
i hope this will happen.
warriors will be a fun team to watch :pimp:
If we got Amare locked in long term

PG Monta Ellis
SG Stephen Jackson
SF Corey Maggette
PF Anthony Randolph
C Amare Stoudemire

that would be our 5 going forward into the future, couldn't ask for more as a GS fan.. but signing Amare to an extension seems out of GS's cap room, no?

DirtBag
06-26-2009, 01:59 AM
come on Amar'e sign the danm extension! This is one of the few trades for Amar'e I liked.

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 02:01 AM
i say just go to donnie walsh and say

hey we'll give you curry for jordan hill

we know you want curry and we want a pf

our amare package failed so if you want curry here you go

baseketball4life
06-26-2009, 02:01 AM
if the warriors would have drafted jennings or hill none of this would be happening

i warned the warriors all day dont draft curry dont do it pass on him......but no lets pick another shooter :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :banghead: :banghead:
Curry is not just a shooter my friend, Curry is a great passer, has high bball IQ, smart guy, bright guy.. he can rebound for his position (PG would be for us).. he can get in the lane, dish it off, pop the short J.. I think he will thrive if he stays with us

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 02:05 AM
Curry is not just a shooter my friend, Curry is a great passer, has high bball IQ, smart guy, bright guy.. he can rebound for his position (PG would be for us).. he can get in the lane, dish it off, pop the short J.. I think he will thrive if he stays with us

i dont know if he comes off the bench it could work

but if they ever decided to start ellis and curry and the same time good god i thought our defense was bad

D-Rose
06-26-2009, 02:09 AM
Kenny Smith

TheJetOnTNT Looks like Amare in GSTATE!

Ric Bucher

RicBucher For those who didn't watch the telecast - all freakin' 84 hours - the Amare trade is expected to get done after July 8, when FA period opens

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 02:24 AM
so it looks like there a good chance of this going down

iam preparing myself really hard i dont want this to fail

baseketball4life
06-26-2009, 03:12 AM
so the trade is going down by a lot of accounts, but is Amar'e signing an extension with GSW? or is this a 1 year loan? in that case I don't like the trade.. If we get him long term I love it

Atomic DOG
06-26-2009, 03:16 AM
If we got Amare locked in long term

PG Monta Ellis
SG Stephen Jackson
SF Corey Maggette
PF Anthony Randolph
C Amare Stoudemire

that would be our 5 going forward into the future, couldn't ask for more as a GS fan.. but signing Amare to an extension seems out of GS's cap room, no?

thats a terrible lineup. everyone needs the ball. nobody does anything else but score. it amazes me how people never get the idea that a bunch of names on paper does not a good team make.

PejaNowitzki
06-26-2009, 03:21 AM
Something is really fishy about this though, first off Sportingnews is a credible site usually and them reporting it as agreed upon would strike me as a truth... it would be real bad PR if they put up fake news.. But also I know Nellie did not want Curry, even though I love the pick if we keep Curry.. Another twist is that it can't be official until July 8th even if it is agreed upon due to Biedrins being base year compensation..... strange

Ford has been going back and forth on this trade all day. Kerr flat out denied, but rumors are still circulating, the Warriors are having second thoughts about giving up Curry and want Amare to sign an extension before they'll finalize the deal.

If this goes down.

GS gets a headline superstar that will adequately replace Baron Davis as the star of the team. This team could potentially score 125 ppg next year, and give up 126.

Phoenix gets a buttload of cheap, young talent in Curry and Wright, not to mention a solid player in Biedrins and a potentially good roleplayer in Azubuike. Throw in guys like Robin Lopez, Dragic, Dudley, Clark and all of the sudden Phoenix is a very young team. If they can pull off the Wallace for Chandler swap and work their medical magic on Chandler, they'll be solid defensively with the potential to surprise.

mgeise
06-26-2009, 03:22 AM
thats a terrible lineup. everyone needs the ball. nobody does anything else but score. it amazes me how people never get the idea that a bunch of names on paper does not a good team make.

I agree; that would be one of the worst defensive teams in the history of this league. The Warriors cannot purge their team for Stoudemire. He can certainly fit in there, but GS needs to be careful. The team already has issues defensively, and Stoudemire is a below average defender. I'm not saying it can't work, but the team has to be cautious.

KoolKat
06-26-2009, 03:27 AM
If it happens :

Good trade for Phoenix.

Still doubtful concerning the Warriors.

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 03:28 AM

exactly why i dont want bosh or amare on this team

beidrins fits in well he doensnt need the ball to make a impact just get the rebounds and give it to some one who can score

thats also why i didnt want curry hes another scorer

in this draft we needed 2 things

a defensive/rebounding pf-Jordan Hill

a playmaker who will dish it to those who are open or creat shots for others-Brandon Jennings

yet again iam disapointed with the warriors

baseketball4life
06-26-2009, 04:00 AM
According to kenny smith's twitter amare is going to gs. according to ric bucher's twitter amare is going to gs. according to several reports out of arizona amare is going to gs.... i dont know what to think i guess we wait till next week, wednesday... i hope we do this trade and extend amare for the 3 yr 61.4 million max contract.

baseketball4life
06-26-2009, 04:06 AM
well obviously Maggette won't start... it will be

Ellis, Morrow (shooter doesn't need touches), Jackson (can differ as he did when we had BD, Monta and Jack), Randolph (gets stick backs, doesn't need the ball), Amare..

Ellis, Jackson, Amare being much like BD, Jackson, Monta were in terms of all scoring over 20 pts per game and maybe we can rekindle the 48+ wins.

Meticode
06-26-2009, 04:21 AM

Dude, don't be such a cry-baby.

blackification
06-26-2009, 04:22 AM
I find it hilarious that this trade is coming down to whether or not the suns get curry. Dude is already overrated...

thejumpa
06-26-2009, 04:24 AM
Somebody update me....is this trade going down or what?

IMO they will be the new Suns. Tons of offensive.....NO defense. Score 120 and give up 120.....oh well, exciting basketball

baseketball4life
06-26-2009, 04:25 AM
exactly why i dont want bosh or amare on this team

beidrins fits in well he doensnt need the ball to make a impact just get the rebounds and give it to some one who can score

thats also why i didnt want curry hes another scorer

in this draft we needed 2 things

a defensive/rebounding pf-Jordan Hill

a playmaker who will dish it to those who are open or creat shots for others-Brandon Jennings

yet again iam disapointed with the warriors
Curry was evidently picked for the Suns.... the Warriors wanted Hill if they were going to keep it i think... Nellie promised Ellis they wouldn't take a point, and Nellie promised Hill he would take him if he was there... something doesn't add up... there has to be a trade or major discussions at least.

baseketball4life
06-26-2009, 04:26 AM

IMO they will be the new Suns. Tons of offensive.....NO defense. Score 120 and give up 120.....oh well, exciting basketball
we will not know until next week at the earliest... deal is contingent on Curry's inclusion and Amar'e signing an extension (he wants the max 3 years 61.4 M).

Meticode
06-26-2009, 04:27 AM

From what I heard Chad Ford said the deal was dead, but that's all I know.

thejumpa
06-26-2009, 04:28 AM
we will not know until next week at the earliest... deal is contingent on Curry's inclusion and Amar'e signing an extension (he wants the max 3 years 61.4 M).

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Amar'e is a FA next year right? He should play it out there and sign with another team in 2010...

baseketball4life
06-26-2009, 04:44 AM

Amar'e is a FA next year right? He should play it out there and sign with another team in 2010...
that's what he'd like to do... GSW won't give all that to get just a 1 year loan lol

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 05:10 AM
Curry was evidently picked for the Suns.... the Warriors wanted Hill if they were going to keep it i think... Nellie promised Ellis they wouldn't take a point, and Nellie promised Hill he would take him if he was there... something doesn't add up... there has to be a trade or major discussions at least.

but what if they dont get amarelets say he refuses to sign a extension or he just doesnt want to come here at all what then? we're screwed

we should try to trade curry to the knicks

matty p
06-26-2009, 05:15 AM
This trade would be great for both teams.

Golden State, who want a franchise player to help them win games in the next few years would have:

Ellis
Morrow
Jackson
Randolph
Stoudemire

Phoenix gets its team for the future:

Curry
Richardson
Clark
Wright
Biedrins

It works for both sides.

Meticode
06-26-2009, 05:40 AM

Golden State, who want a franchise player to help them win games in the next few years would have:

Ellis
Morrow
Jackson
Randolph
Stoudemire

Curry
Richardson
Clark
Wright
Biedrins

It works for both sides.

Some how neither of those lineups look appealing to me. Too many unproven players.

Hopper15
06-26-2009, 06:03 AM

Ellis
Morrow
Jackson
Randolph
Stoudemire

Curry
Richardson
Clark
Wright
Biedrins

It works for both sides.

Don Nelson is going to keep Curry, he loves his game.

Interminator
06-26-2009, 07:34 AM

Like who?

plowking
06-26-2009, 07:39 AM
Like who?

Chicago, Miami, Cleveland...

Meticode
06-26-2009, 07:40 AM

New York

Interminator
06-26-2009, 08:04 AM
Cleveland cant offer the MAX in 2010, Amare would have to take a paycut to play with LeBron if he stayed.

Miami might just be acquiring Boozer this summer via Sign & Trade, considering that Detroit is expected to target Gordon.

Chicago is a good opportunity, it might just come down to Chicago & Golden State for Amare. However it all depends on the money, direction of the Franchise, the system, and the coach.

Interminator
06-26-2009, 08:05 AM
New York
http://lebronjamesin2010.com/images/lebron.jpg
New York will sign the Lebrons.

GreatGreg
06-26-2009, 08:21 AM
I'm sorry,but now that Amare is basically gone, and if the Suns trade Nash, then they will be a remarkably weak team. They just completely imploded.

1~Gibson~1
06-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Phoenix gets alot of talent for Amare. Good job Kerr, you grew half of your brain back :applause:

ConanRulesNBC
06-26-2009, 10:08 AM

I'm tired of waiting. This team has done nothing right besides drafting Derrick Rose. They've let trades go by that they easily could have made, let draft picks go by that they could have drafted. I'm tired of waiting for players that aren't going to develop anymore. Rose will improve and Noah and Thomas have potential but Deng is done.

Suns4Life
06-26-2009, 10:10 AM
So is this trade going through or what? I would have a full on erection if we get Biedrins and Curry

plowking
06-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Wait, I thought this trade fell through since GS didn't want to give away talent for a one year rental due to Amare not wanting to extend.

What's going on?

mountaingoat
06-26-2009, 12:05 PM
sounds like a good deal for the suns. biederns is a good replacement down low, and they got a quality guard. but that will only put them in the hunt for 7th or 8th, at best. and nash isn't getting any younger.

redhonda76
06-26-2009, 12:32 PM

You kidding me... you considered Amare as a franchise player? What a joke.

Rekindled
06-26-2009, 12:33 PM
So is this trade going through or what? I would have a full on erection if we get Biedrins and Curry

azcentral jsut said the trade is likely but cant be completed till wednesday because of biedrins.

suns lineup next year:

Bierdrins/lopez
Clark/ amudson
Hill?/ tucker
Richardson/Barbosa
Nash/ Curry

best shooting back court ever?

1~Gibson~1
06-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Cleveland cant offer the MAX in 2010, Amare would have to take a paycut to play with LeBron if he stayed.

Miami might just be acquiring Boozer this summer via Sign & Trade, considering that Detroit is expected to target Gordon.

Chicago is a good opportunity, it might just come down to Chicago & Golden State for Amare. However it all depends on the money, direction of the Franchise, the system, and the coach.Cleveland CAN offer the max in 2010.

PejaNowitzki
06-26-2009, 12:48 PM
I find it hilarious that this trade is coming down to whether or not the suns get curry. Dude is already overrated...

Amare>>>>>Biedrins+filler

Curry has to be included to make this deal not so lop-sided.

PejaNowitzki
06-26-2009, 12:50 PM
azcentral jsut said the trade is likely but cant be completed till wednesday because of biedrins.

suns lineup next year:

Bierdrins/lopez
Clark/ amudson
Hill?/ tucker
Richardson/Barbosa
Nash/ Curry

best shooting back court ever?

Keep in mind that the Suns are still pursuing a Wallace for Tyson Chandler swap as well. Something like Amundson and Wallace for Chandler.

In that case.

Biedrins
Chandler
Hill
Richardson/Barbosa
Nash

PejaNowitzki
06-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Wait, I thought this trade fell through since GS didn't want to give away talent for a one year rental due to Amare not wanting to extend.

What's going on?

GS is having 2nd thoughts about trading Curry, but mostly they want to be sure that they can extend Amare and aren't going to turn into the Oakland A's of basketball.

SRZ66
06-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Keep in mind that the Suns are still pursuing a Wallace for Tyson Chandler swap as well. Something like Amundson and Wallace for Chandler.

In that case.

Biedrins
Chandler
Hill
Richardson/Barbosa
Nash
i dont know what to make of that lineup... crazy rebounding for sure.. neither biedrins or chandler can create their own shot really. jrich will have to go back to scoring 25ppg

WorldWarriors
06-26-2009, 12:57 PM
The deal was Biedrins/Filler/#7 for Amare. Nobody thought Curry would fall to 7. They were expecting Hill or Flynn to be there. However, when Minny drafted Flynn at 6 the door was open for GS to draft Curry. Then GS changed their minds because they always liked Curry but thought he would go sooner. There was never a deal to draft Curry for the Suns. Warriors pulled back because they don't want to give up Curry.

lolwut
06-26-2009, 01:03 PM
if the Warriors stand pat and keep Curry and Biedrins they will be a better team.

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 01:20 PM
The Phoenix Suns have reportedly agreed to trade star F/C Amar'e Stoudemire to the Golden State Warriors for a package consisting of F Andris Biedrins, recent seventh overall pick PG Stephen Curry, and F Brandan Wright or Marco Belinelli.

This is according to a report done by the Arizona Republic, citing sources within the Phoenix Organization.

The motivation behind the trade for Phoenix is obvious relief under the NBA's luxury tax. Biedrins is set to make around $9 million this season, and Stoudemire's figure hovers near $17 million.

The trade cannot be finalized and formally announced until June 30 because Biedrins is a base-year compensation player until that date.

During the Draft, Phoenix GM Steve Kerr was not shy to say Phoenix is not a "championship contender" and is in a transition phase.

He has lived up to his word, already sending All-Star C Shaquille O'Neal to the Cavaliers as a cost-cutting measure for the expiring contract of C/F Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic.

Phoenix has definitely put themselves in positions to be players to find their next franchise cornerstones in the much-anticipated free agent summer of 2010.

For the Golden State Warriors, this is a great move that teams Stoudemire with F Corey Maggette and G Monta Ellis to form a prolific trio for the young rising squad. Stoudemire gives them a beastly inside presence that can rebound and score a lot of points in the paint. He is the biggest body the Warriors have had in a long time.

as a warriors fan:confusedshrug:

bdreason
06-26-2009, 01:25 PM
There is no reason the Warriors should trade for Amare.

Why would we trade a legit Center who is locked in at a good price for 6 years for an overpaid Power Forward who will just leave after 1 year?

BFRESH44
06-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Amare is NOT signing an extension with Golden State, so if this was done it was completly stupid.

D-Rose
06-26-2009, 01:30 PM

Why would we trade a legit Center who is locked in at a good price for 6 years for an overpaid Power Forward who will just leave after 1 year?
GSW will make the trade only if Amare signs an extension.

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 01:31 PM

Riley said he wouldn't comment on that or any other trade rumor, but Stoudemire and another intriguing prospect, Toronto's Chris Bosh, each would be eligible to enter the free-agent market in 2010. "We wouldn't be interested in anybody like that unless we could renegotiate the deal," Riley said. "For a guy to leave after just one year, and you've gutted your team to get him, no. We'd be toast."

so atleast hes smart enough to realize that

1~Gibson~1
06-26-2009, 01:31 PM
link

if this is true. GS is dumb. they arent going to re-sign him in 2010 and he ISNT signing an extension. they're giving away their future for a player that'll leave after one year.

If i was a Warriors fan i'd be pissed. If im a Suns fan, i'd forgive Kerr and thank him.

1~Gibson~1
06-26-2009, 01:33 PM

Why would we trade a legit Center who is locked in at a good price for 6 years for an overpaid Power Forward who will just leave after 1 year?Amare isnt overpaid

vert48
06-26-2009, 01:34 PM
They just talked about this on ESPN.

WorldWarriors
06-26-2009, 01:34 PM
link

if this is true. GS is dumb. they arent going to re-sign him in 2010 and he ISNT signing an extension. they're giving away their future for a player that'll leave after one year.

If i was a Warriors fan i'd be pissed. If im a Suns fan, i'd forgive Kerr and thank him.

What are you talking about? They won't trade for him if they don't get the extension. Who would do that?

D-Rose
06-26-2009, 01:37 PM
link

Read Marc Stein's article on ESPN, they will only trade if he re-signs.

It's about the money people, guys like Amare couldn't care less about a chip.

thejumpa
06-26-2009, 01:37 PM
What are you talking about? They won't trade for him if they don't get the extension. Who would do that?

Yeah I think most people are missing that. He won't get traded unless he signs the extension people!!! Amar'e, wherever you are....don't sign that extension and get stuck in GS. Mark my words, they will be another Phoenix Suns. Just chill and wait till 2010.....

bdreason
06-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Amare isnt overpaid

Amare is going to ask for 5 years @ 100 million. 20 million a year for a guy who has had knee surgery, eye surgery, and doesn't play with any type of hustle or effort...

On the other hand, we have Biedrins. A legit 7 footer who was 3rd in the NBA in rebounding, and is locked into a 6 year deal at around 10 million a year.

Even this year, Biedrins is making 9 million, and Amare is making 15 million...

I'll take Beidrins.

PejaNowitzki
06-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Amare isnt overpaid

Exactly. WTF? A lot of Warriors fans are grossly underrating Amare, a guy who might be the best offensive forward in the NBA.

1~Gibson~1
06-26-2009, 01:40 PM
well then i dont think Amare will be a Warrior :no:

He's trying to put himself in a position where he's a FA in 2010 and he can go whereever he wants. Or at least that's what i would do. GS doesnt look like they'll be going anywhere if they trade all of that away for Amare.

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 01:41 PM
Amare is going to ask for 5 years @ 100 million. 20 million a year for a guy who has had knee surgery, eye surgery, and doesn't play with any type of hustle or effort...

On the other hand, we have Biedrins. A legit 7 footer who was 3rd in the NBA in rebounding, and is locked into a 6 year deal at around 10 million a year.

I'll take Beidrins.

only thing i disagree with hes 6'11 and on the smaller side of it

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Exactly. WTF? A lot of Warriors fans are grossly underrating Amare, a guy who might be the best offensive forward in the NBA.

i dont give a crap we need role players

not more scorers

thejumpa
06-26-2009, 01:44 PM
i dont give a crap we need role players

not more scorers

You guys need mother****ers who will play defense....not just score more points.

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 01:51 PM
You guys need mother****ers who will play defense....not just score more points.
defenders fit into role players

1~Gibson~1
06-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Ben Wallace to GS for S-Jax

Suns

Nash
Richardson
Jax
Amare
Lopez

jk

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 01:55 PM
Ben Wallace to GS for S-Jax

Suns

Nash
Richardson
Jax
Amare
Lopez

jk
:lol ............NO:mad:

GreatGreg
06-26-2009, 01:57 PM
:lol ............NO:mad:
:oldlol:

thejumpa
06-26-2009, 01:58 PM
defenders fit into role players

yeah I was just being a clown. I hope you guys start focusing on defense because I honestly can't see GS doing any better with Amar'e.

JoeDro

If the Warriors make this trade they should be banned from the NBA. That is waay tooo much for damaged goods like Amare. Par for the course. As a life long warriors fan I would have to jump ship and not F@$k with them anymore. Go Lakers!!!!!!:banghead:

WorldWarriors

As a Warriors fan I can tell you, we love our guys and totally overrate our young talent, lol. If Biedrins was as good or better than Amare then the trade talks wouldn't be happening. Amare is a perennial All-Star. He may not be Tim Duncan but who cares? He's better than anybody than the Warriors have.

WorldWarriors
06-26-2009, 02:01 PM
well then i dont think Amare will be a Warrior :no:

He's trying to put himself in a position where he's a FA in 2010 and he can go whereever he wants. Or at least that's what i would do. GS doesnt look like they'll be going anywhere if they trade all of that away for Amare.

So where were they going without the trade?

WorldWarriors
06-26-2009, 02:03 PM

I'll take Beidrins.

He doesn't play with hustle or effort? Where did you get that lie from? Last season wasn't his best due to the coaching change but come on. Dude's a 4 time All Star in the West for God's sake.

baseketball4life
06-26-2009, 02:03 PM
I think he's a top 5 NBA player if he's healthy, I badly want this deal to happen.

1~Gibson~1
06-26-2009, 02:06 PM
So where were they going without the trade?Nowhere but they have somewhat of a bright future if they dont trade all of those players that are rumored.

G- Monta Ellis
G- Kelenna Azubuike
G- Marco Belinelli
C- Andris Biedrins
G- Stephen Curry
G/F- Stephen Jackson
G- Acie Law
F- Corey Maggette
G- Anthony Morrow
F- Anthony Randolph
F- Ronny Turiaf
F- Brandon Wright

That's too much for Amare

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 02:11 PM
As a Warriors fan I can tell you, we love our guys and totally overrate our young talent, lol. If Biedrins was as good or better than Amare then the trade talks wouldn't be happening. Amare is a perennial All-Star. He may not be Tim Duncan but who cares? He's better than anybody than the Warriors have.

we dont need all stars we need role players

some one who is a playmaker and someone who can defend

amare is niether of the 2

baseketball4life
06-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Nowhere but they have somewhat of a bright future if they dont trade all of those players that are rumored.

G- Monta Ellis
G- Kelenna Azubuike
G- Marco Belinelli
C- Andris Biedrins
G- Stephen Curry
G/F- Stephen Jackson
G- Acie Law
F- Corey Maggette
G- Anthony Morrow
F- Anthony Randolph
F- Ronny Turiaf
F- Brandon Wright

its way too much for Amare if we don't sign Amare to a extension. 1 year of Amare is not worth Biedrins + Curry + company all locked in longer term.

Agent_Zero
06-26-2009, 02:14 PM
What would it take from the wizards to get amare?

WorldWarriors
06-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Nowhere but they have somewhat of a bright future if they dont trade all of those players that are rumored.

G- Monta Ellis
G- Kelenna Azubuike
G- Marco Belinelli
C- Andris Biedrins
G- Stephen Curry
G/F- Stephen Jackson
G- Acie Law
F- Corey Maggette
G- Anthony Morrow
F- Anthony Randolph
F- Ronny Turiaf
F- Brandon Wright

Don't get me wrong, I like our young guys but realistically what are they gonna blossom into and when will they blossom? Nelson is looking for guys he can play right now. Biedrins is the best of the lot. We're talking 2 near busts and a d-leaguer. This team won us 29 games last season. Wright is undersized and is constantly injured. Belinelli is streaky as hell. (weight is still an issue I'm guessing but noone has seen him).

They could possibly do something great in the league but I suspect the coach really doesn't have the patience to wait on that.

D-Rose
06-26-2009, 02:15 PM

G- Monta Ellis
G- Kelenna Azubuike
G- Marco Belinelli
C- Andris Biedrins
G- Stephen Curry
G/F- Stephen Jackson
G- Acie Law
F- Corey Maggette
G- Anthony Morrow
F- Anthony Randolph
F- Ronny Turiaf
F- Brandon Wright

If Amare signs an extension, it's worth it...

Ellis/Law
Maggette/Morrow
S-Jax/Azibuke
Randolph
Amare/Turiaf

They have potential, the Warriors franchise isn't expecting any titles anyway. This would bring in more fans and it would be exciting as hell to watch them.

bdreason
06-26-2009, 02:15 PM
He doesn't play with hustle or effort? Where did you get that lie from?

Hustle and Effort = Defense.

You think Amare is a good defender?

Biedrins is both a better defender and rebounder than Amare.

baseketball4life
06-26-2009, 02:16 PM
this is the way I look at it.. we (the warriors) won't be a playoff team anytime soon with the way we are built... nothing more than an 8th seed atleast. Why don't we just go for the most entertaining team? Landing Amare would make us the most fun team to watch again with Monta, Jackson, Amare going up and down the court along with Maggette and company off the bench... Anthony Randolph etc...

1~Gibson~1
06-26-2009, 02:22 PM
I wouldnt call Curry a bust..........because he isnt

but whatever pleases the Warriors fan. I'd actually enjoy watching Amare playing in GS instead of Phoenix too though. Monta, Amare, and J-Sax would be a deadly trio.

baseketball4life
06-26-2009, 02:22 PM

Ellis/Law
Maggette/Morrow
S-Jax/Azibuke
Randolph
Amare/Turiaf

They have potential, the Warriors franchise isn't expecting any titles anyway. This would bring in more fans and it would be exciting as hell to watch them.
yep right on

PejaNowitzki
06-26-2009, 02:34 PM
What would it take from the wizards to get amare?

Too much apparently. Wizards offered Jamison and the number 5 pick, Suns wanted Caron Butler.

PejaNowitzki
06-26-2009, 02:35 PM

Yet you don't worry about Biedrins going off for 40 or 50 points.

bdreason
06-26-2009, 02:36 PM
this is the way I look at it.. we (the warriors) won't be a playoff team anytime soon with the way we are built... nothing more than an 8th seed atleast. Why don't we just go for the most entertaining team? Landing Amare would make us the most fun team to watch again with Monta, Jackson, Amare going up and down the court along with Maggette and company off the bench... Anthony Randolph etc...

And then Amare leaves after one season, and we are left with Ronny Turiaf as the only PF/C on the entire team.... exciting! :rolleyes:

oh wait maybe Jackson can bulk up some more and we can play him at PF.

PejaNowitzki
06-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Amare needs to go somewhere to play with a talented PG. Chicago would make the most sense as they have a lot of pieces to trade, but they get cold feet whenever a trade comes up.

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Yet you don't worry about Biedrins going off for 40 or 50 points.

no cuz hes a role player that fits nicely with the warriors

iam much rather have him go for 20 rebounds and 3 blocks

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 02:40 PM
And then Amare leaves after one season, and we are left with Ronny Turiaf as the only PF/C on the entire team.... exciting! :rolleyes:

1. i posted a quote from GM larry riley saying that if amare wouldnt sign a extension hes not trading for him

2.stephon jackson weighs 240 now so hes well on his way to becoming our starting PF!!!:banana:

thejumpa
06-26-2009, 02:41 PM
Amare needs to go somewhere to play with a talented PG. Chicago would make the most sense as they have a lot of pieces to trade, but they get cold feet whenever a trade comes up.

:applause:

I totally agree on Amar'e needing to play with a good PG. A true PG that is...I compare his game to Kenyon Martins. Strong, physical, athletic....a good PF. But, remember when Kenyon played with Kidd? He was getting all kinds of dimes and dunks....I don't think he has been the same player since going to Denver. Both him and Amar'e are the kind of players that need PG's like a Kidd, CP3, or Nash to shine fully IMO...

crisoner
06-26-2009, 02:41 PM

Ellis/Law
Maggette/Morrow
S-Jax/Azibuke
Randolph
Amare/Turiaf

This is the PROBLEM with the Warriors because no matter what product they have on the court people still go to the games!!!!

That's why the franchise is always out of the playoffs.
People love b-ball in the bay...and the Warriors brings the whole Bay together for once.

Interminator
06-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Cavs fans are starting to make me angry with this belief Amare is just going to play for Golden State averaging 25/10, and then bolt to play for Cleveland for less money than what Golden State can offer.

I am sitting here looking at Cleveland's salaries for 2010, and NO there is no way Cleveland can sign both LeBron & Amare for the Max in Free Agency unless they gut their team leaving only Mo, West, Hickson, & Gibson as the remaining players.

Amare resigns with Golden State, hes also looking for a hip hop scene to promote his artists & record label.Hmmmmm...Cleveland or The Yay Area?

No brainer right there.

PejaNowitzki
06-26-2009, 02:43 PM
no cuz hes a role player that fits nicely with the warriors

iam much rather have him go for 20 rebounds and 3 blocks

While getting punked regularly because your team lives and dies by the jumpshot and when that isn't working, you have no inside threat to rely on.

PejaNowitzki
06-26-2009, 02:45 PM
Cavs fans are starting to make me angry with this belief Amare is just going to play for Golden State averaging 25/10, and then bolt to play for Cleveland for less money than what Golden State can offer.

I am sitting here looking at Cleveland's salaries for 2010, and NO there is no way Cleveland can sign both LeBron & Amare for the Max in Free Agency unless they gut their team leaving only Mo, West, Hickson, & Gibson as the remaining players.

Amare resigns with Golden State, hes also looking for a hip hop scene to promote his artists & record label.Hmmmmm...Cleveland or The Yay Area?

No brainer right there.

I don't know why people have this idea that Stoudemire would not resign with Golden State. He's got an ego 10 miles wide and would love to go somewhere to be "the man", not Lebron's sidekick. I could absolutely see him resigning with the Warriors for the long-term. If they pay him what other teams would, why not?

Interminator
06-26-2009, 02:46 PM
This is the PROBLEM with the Warriors because no matter what product they have on the court people still go to the games!!!!

That's why the franchise is always out of the playoffs.
People love b-ball in the bay...and the Warriors brings the whole Bay together for once.
This.

Warriors will just be even more popular with a legit Franchise player like Amare, who is by far the most talented offensive force at the 4 position in the NBA.

People who claim Amare cant rebound are simply idiots, he was averaging close to 10 RPG the previous 2 seasons but it was never his role to hit the boards and facilitate the fast break.

WorldWarriors
06-26-2009, 02:46 PM

Biedrins is not that good of a defender, imo. Is he a better rebounder or does he gets those stats because he's always playing with 4 guards? I think those numbers get skewed because of the system.

I like Biedrins but come on. Amare is just better than Biedrins period.

crisoner
06-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Amare might thrive again playing Nelly ball. IF Nelly stays for a couple years.

thejumpa
06-26-2009, 02:49 PM
I don't know why people have this idea that Stoudemire would not resign with Golden State. He's got an ego 10 miles wide and would love to go somewhere to be "the man", not Lebron's sidekick. I could absolutely see him resigning with the Warriors for the long-term. If they pay him what other teams would, why not?

Because you won't win anything. Plain and simple. Does anybody here see GS being a championship team in the next 3-4 years with Amar'e? maybe a legit 3-4 seed? Because I sure as hell don't.

Amar'e's ego is big from what I've seen. That being said, if he wants to win, he won't sign with GS. If he wants to become the #1 PF and elite defender like he says he wants to....go to GS and play your heart out. All it will do is pad your stats and get you no where fast...

D-Rose
06-26-2009, 02:50 PM
This, it's all about the $$ and the role.

Interminator
06-26-2009, 02:50 PM

Not just that but the fact is that Golden State is looking to build a contender just like Chicago, Cleveland, and New York or any other team you want to mention going after him.

For a guy like Amare money will be the primary factor, and Golden State can offer more than Cleveland, Chicago, Miami and New York because Amare would be a current player and the other teams mentioned will be targeting multiple players at the same time while Golden State's primary focus would be to retain him.

If they cant get assurance that he'll resign by the Trade Deadline, you'll probably see him moved elsewhere.

Interminator
06-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Amare might thrive again playing Nelly ball. IF Nelly stays for a couple years.
He will, I think he wants to crack 1400 before he retires, but is 91 wins in 2 seasons possible for Golden State?

Interminator
06-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Because you won't win anything. Plain and simple. Does anybody here see GS being a championship team in the next 3-4 years with Amar'e? maybe a legit 3-4 seed? Because I sure as hell don't.

Amar'e's ego is big from what I've seen. That being said, if he wants to win, he won't sign with GS. If he wants to become the #1 PF and elite defender like he says he wants to....go to GS and play your heart out. All it will do is pad your stats and get you no where fast...
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

1~Gibson~1
06-26-2009, 02:53 PM

No brainer right there.im not saying he'll go to cleveland, but you said that cleveland cant offer two maxs and i said yes they can (one to a big name/one to lebron)

WorldWarriors
06-26-2009, 02:54 PM
we dont need all stars we need role players

some one who is a playmaker and someone who can defend

amare is niether of the 2

Warriors need more role players? What kind of thinking is that?

Dude...

We have a whole team full of role players. Teams with All Stars are in the post season. Jesus Christ:banghead:

WorldWarriors
06-26-2009, 02:56 PM
He will, I think he wants to crack 1400 before he retires, but is 91 wins in 2 seasons possible for Golden State? Quite possible. Warriors won 48 games season before last and 43 the season before that. So yes, its quite possible.

thejumpa
06-26-2009, 02:56 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Yes, I know. Hilarious:rolleyes:

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Warriors need more role players? What kind of thinking is that?

Dude...

We have a whole team full of role players. Teams with All Stars are in the post season. Jesus Christ:banghead:

if we had role players meaning playmakers and defensive players we would be a better team

this team has a history of its players being snubbed from the all star team

baron davis ,stephon jackson both snubbed in 07

this year jackson played great again but the team was bad so obviusly not getting in and dre played well in the 1st half of the season good enough to be considered a reserve in the all star game for a while

lots of all star does not equal championships

WorldWarriors
06-26-2009, 03:03 PM
if we had role players meaning playmakers and defensive players we would be a better team

this team has a history of its players being snubbed from the all star team

baron davis ,stephon jackson both snubbed in 07

this year jackson played great again but the team was bad so obviusly not getting in and dre played well in the 1st half of the season good enough to be considered a reserve in the all star game for a while

lots of all star does not equal championships

almost aint good enough

DouXer4ouR
06-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Suns would gain a lot from this trade, Wright and Curry are exactly the type of players the Suns need to acquire. They are young, talented, and the types of players you can build around. If we can find a way to make this trade and resign Steve Nash, the Suns will have had a successful off season.

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 03:10 PM
almost aint good enough

lots of all stars doesnt equal championships

baseketball4life
06-26-2009, 03:28 PM

lol moron, Amare signs an extension or we're not doing the trade.

Interminator
06-26-2009, 03:29 PM
im not saying he'll go to cleveland, but you said that cleveland cant offer two maxs and i said yes they can (one to a big name/one to lebron)
No they can't, once they resign Varejao and if they keep Big Z in 2010 for maybe $5 Million a year.

Cleveland first has to keep LeBron, and I highly doubt anyone as highly sought as Stat signs with Cleveland without LeBron being there.

bdreason
06-26-2009, 03:34 PM
lol moron, Amare signs an extension or we're not doing the trade.

Get back to me when Amare signs a long term extension with the Warriors, moron.

In fact, if all this speculation is based on Amare signing a long term extension before he becomes an unrestricted free agent in one year... then just delete this entire thread.

bomber
06-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Biendris/Wright/Curry is a lot for Amare.. Not sure if its a good deal for either team. Suns win slightly if Curry lives up to the hype.

D-Rose
06-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Amare tweeted this just now

Amareisreal: Breaking News! Amar'e Stoudemire to the Lakers!!

:lol

He's just kidding i bet.

baseketball4life
06-26-2009, 03:57 PM

In fact, if all this speculation is based on Amare signing a long term extension before he becomes an unrestricted free agent in one year... then just delete this entire thread.
yeah that's exactly why the deal WILL NOT GO DOWN.

because Amare will not sign the extension. The Suns want Curry in it, and the Warriors want Amare to sign long term. Amare does not want to sign long term so deal is held up. The odds of it going down are very low now that Amare will not sign.

"moron" :D

baseketball4life
06-26-2009, 03:58 PM

He's just kidding i bet.
thats prob not his accountlol

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 04:00 PM

dude were not getting him if he doesnt sign a extension

the gm larry riley has said it and so has don nelson

iam mean the oraganization cant be that stupid

D-Rose
06-26-2009, 04:00 PM
thats prob not his accountlol
Nah it's him legit.

Wonder why he'd say that...if it's true in a miracle, he shouldnt be reporting...if hes kidding (he is) then this could make Kerr mad :lol

DTD
06-26-2009, 04:03 PM

He's just kidding i bet.

Did he really post that? He has to be joking around. Lakers don't have anyone to trade.

How about Sasha, Adam, and Luke. Deal! :D

bagelred
06-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Biendris/Wright/Curry is a lot for Amare.. Not sure if its a good deal for either team. Suns win slightly if Curry lives up to the hype.

Man is GSW is horrible.

Curry/Wright/Biendris/more for a bad knee, bad eye, unfranchise player, who can leave after one year? Wha?

Wow, good job by Kerr if its true.

dbugz
06-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Nah it's him legit.

Wonder why he'd say that...if it's true in a miracle, he shouldnt be reporting...if hes kidding (he is) then this could make Kerr mad :lol

Yeah that's Amare's twit account. I also saw that on his update. Dude might be kidding :oldlol:

http://twitter.com/Amareisreal

D-Rose
06-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Did he really post that? He has to be joking around. Lakers don't have anyone to trade.

How about Sasha, Adam, and Luke. Deal! :D
PHX would demand Bynum

Lebron23Jordan
06-26-2009, 04:06 PM
now golden state will finally have a legit bigman...theyll be back in the playoffs

baseketball4life
06-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Man is GSW is horrible.

Curry/Wright/Biendris/more for a bad knee, bad eye, unfranchise player, who can leave after one year? Wha?

Wow, good job by Kerr if its true.
we're not going to do it if Amare doesn't sign an extension... lool what do people not get about that.

Amare does not sign, we do not do the deal period

D-Rose
06-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Ric Bucher Twitter

@RicBucher You gotta help me out Ric...What is there to look forward in Suns Basketball? The 2010 draft lottery? No Curry/Rubio/Flynn/Hill??

@memovalencia Curry is coming + Biedrins is the best defensive big man Nash's ever had. Good P&Rer, too. Phx is doing the right thing.

Slight difference. GS wants to check Amare's knee/eye. But Nelly has told people he's getting Amare. Too far down road to turn back.

PejaNowitzki
06-26-2009, 04:14 PM

Do you see them going anywhere without him? Hell no.

thejumpa
06-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Do you see them going anywhere without him? Hell no.

Haha that's true. I may have sounded disrespectful to Warriors fans but.....aside from upsetting Dallas a couple years back, I haven't seen any real progress or effort to make progress...just a bunch of offensively skilled players.

I mean, really, does getting Amar'e their chances to win anything? Do you see this team being a 50+ game a year team competing with the Spurs,Lakers,Denver,Utah......

He is still young, 26 right? He should go somewhere where he fits in, not somewhere where he will be the "star". But hey, I'm not the one with millions in front of my face so....

lolwut
06-26-2009, 04:38 PM
now golden state will finally have a legit bigman...theyll be back in the playoffs

more like back in the lottery

WorldWarriors
06-26-2009, 04:57 PM
we're not going to do it if Amare doesn't sign an extension... lool what do people not get about that.

Amare does not sign, we do not do the deal period

LOL Can't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

GSW1984
06-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Agrees with Nellie and Larry Riley we can build around that if Amare does sign an Extension.

bdreason
06-26-2009, 05:02 PM

There isn't one fact in this entire thread.

Just a bunch of rumors and speculation.

If it was a FACT that Amare has to sign an extension before the trade happens, then this rumor wouldn't even exist, because Amare isn't signing an extension one year before he becomes an UNRESTRICTED free agent (that's a fact).

Especially with MULTIPLE teams clearing HUGE cap space for 2010.

bagelred
06-26-2009, 05:02 PM
more like back in the lottery

Finally, lolwut and I agree on something.

DouXer4ouR
06-26-2009, 05:04 PM
I hope this goes through..

SRZ66
06-26-2009, 05:14 PM
why wouldn't amare just sign an extension with them? he doesnt care about winning, he cares about fat stats and being "the man". gsw are perfect, plus he'll be living in the bay area. perfect environment for a guy like amare and stephen jackson

baseketball4life
06-26-2009, 07:56 PM
:cheers:

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 08:03 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/26/AR2009062603872.html

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Stephen Curry can get comfortable with the Golden State Warriors. He's not going anywhere.

Coach Don Nelson says the Warriors won't trade Curry, their surprise selection with the seventh overall pick in Thursday's draft.

The Davidson guard led the nation in scoring last season, but seemed an odd choice for the Warriors, given that high-scoring guard Monta Ellis plays much the same style of game. It led to speculation that Golden State drafted Curry to trade him.

Although Nelson and general manager Larry Riley didn't deny discussions with the Phoenix Suns about a trade for power forward Amare Stoudemire, they made it clear Curry won't be a part of any potential deal.

looks like the deal wont happen

iam glad too

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 08:06 PM
There isn't one fact in this entire thread.

Just a bunch of rumors and speculation.

If it was a FACT that Amare has to sign an extension before the trade happens, then this rumor wouldn't even exist, because Amare isn't signing an extension one year before he becomes an UNRESTRICTED free agent (that's a fact).

Especially with MULTIPLE teams clearing HUGE cap space for 2010.

dude i gave you a f'n quote from larry riley himself

he wont trade for amare if he doesnt sign a contract extension!!!!!

D-Rose
06-26-2009, 08:08 PM
^ That means nothing. Media stuff doesn't indicate.

Apparently the trade is pending GS checking out Amare's health. According to Ric Bucher at least. Bucher said Nelson was telling ppl they got amare.

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 08:12 PM
^ That means nothing. Media stuff doesn't indicate.

Apparently the trade is pending GS checking out Amare's health. According to Ric Bucher at least. Bucher said Nelson was telling ppl they got amare.

so your saying the gm of the warriors is lying?

like he says we wont trade for amare unless he signs a extension but that not true?

PejaNowitzki
06-26-2009, 08:14 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/26/AR2009062603872.html

looks like the deal wont happen

iam glad too

If that is true and the Warriors aren't just bluffing, then that is a deal killer. Phoenix has made it clear that they aren't trading a young perennial All-Star for Biedrins and filler.

PejaNowitzki
06-26-2009, 08:15 PM

like he says we wont trade for amare unless he signs a extension but that not true?

Kerr said yesterday that this deal was completely false and then came around today and admitted that talks are ongoing. Somebody leaked this trade well before they even had a deal, now they are just doing damage control.

Also Riley said that the Warriors were holding on to Curry "for now", not "forever" or even "for the rest of the summer."

D-Rose
06-26-2009, 08:16 PM

You don't just reveal trade plans.

The first one makes sense.

They're obviously still in talks.

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 08:19 PM
You don't just reveal trade plans.

The first one makes sense.

They're obviously still in talks.
iam not denying that they are talking about trade

but iam saying larry riley wont go through with the trade unless amare signs a extension

D-Rose
06-26-2009, 08:25 PM
iam not denying that they are talking about trade

but iam saying larry riley wont go through with the trade unless amare signs a extension
yea.

chad ford said warriors kept denying this, suns kept sayin curry is theirs :lol

PejaNowitzki
06-26-2009, 08:28 PM
yea.

Apparently the Suns whole war room erupted into a wild frenzy of cheers when Minnesota declined to pick Curry. You think they know something that we don't?

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 08:29 PM
yea.

jesus christ

the nba is full of high school drama queens

just give us a goddamn answer!!!

PejaNowitzki
06-26-2009, 08:32 PM
jesus christ

the nba is full of high school drama queens

just give us a goddamn answer!!!

I thought there were certain restrictions that prevented them from doing this? That by doing so they can get busted with tampering or something of that sort. In anycase, we won't know anything for sure until Wednesday, and perhaps even longer than that.

baseketball4life
06-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Apparently the Suns whole war room erupted into a wild frenzy of cheers when Minnesota declined to pick Curry. You think they know something that we don't?
what happened was they agreed to do the trade before the draft, but then Curry slipped to the Waarriors and he's rumored to be #1 on their board, s the Warriors started having second thoughts, etc... and so it goes

Brujesino
06-26-2009, 08:38 PM
I thought there were certain restrictions that prevented them from doing this? That by doing so they can get busted with tampering or something of that sort. In anycase, we won't know anything for sure until Wednesday, and perhaps even longer than that.

i thought tampering was only like free agents trying to lure them in while their still on the other team :confusedshrug:

i dont know whatever though this rumor is getting played out

D-Rose
06-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Amareisreal: Breaking News!! Amar'e Stoudemire to Golden State. What do you think?

There he goes again....:oldlol:

Mrofir
06-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Umm, I predict Amare will be traded.

He doesn't seem like he's too unhappy about it.. it's like he's an 8th grader speculating on the class field trip

highwhey
06-26-2009, 10:28 PM
There he goes again....:oldlol:
A bit more realistic this time.

lolwut
06-26-2009, 10:34 PM
I wonder if Houston is the fall back plan.

lolz.

blackification
06-26-2009, 11:16 PM
I love how he doesn't even give a **** anymore.

OneMoreSucka
06-26-2009, 11:58 PM
I love how he doesn't even give a **** anymore.
It's obvious he's getting traded eventually, may as well have some fun with it

baseketball4life
06-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Looks Like Amare won't be dealt... the Suns rejected Rudy Gay and the #2 pick which they coulda grabbed anyone with.. again, amare will be a sun next yr IMO

Carbine
06-27-2009, 01:01 PM
I highly doubt the Suns rejected that deal considering they have a 10% chance of resigning Amare when he's a free agent.... so instead of letting him go for free, they would be stupid not to pull the trigger on Gay and the second pick.

bdreason
06-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Looks Like Amare won't be dealt... the Suns rejected Rudy Gay and the #2 pick which they coulda grabbed anyone with.. again, amare will be a sun next yr IMO

They should have taken that deal. Bring in Rubio to train under Nash, and Gay to train under Hill.

GOBB
06-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Don Nelson said Curry isnt going anywhere. lol

"Unpack your bags, relax, find a house because you're not going anywhere kid"

baseketball4life
06-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Don Nelson said Curry isnt going anywhere. lol

"Unpack your bags, relax, find a house because you're not going anywhere kid"
yeah, this deal is dead... unless Suns will do Biedrins, Wright, Belinelli, Azubuike for Amare. which is doubtful.

Amare stays in PHX

PejaNowitzki
06-27-2009, 04:42 PM

Suns should have gone with that, then tried to work something out with the Clippers to get Griffin.

StroShow4
06-27-2009, 05:15 PM

Suns should have taken that.

blackification
06-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Suns were the ones that offered it and Memphis denied it.

baseketball4life
06-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Suns should have taken that.
I thought so too.. take Gay and Thabeet

Nash
Jrich
Gay
Amare
Thabeet

Barbosa off the bench

formidable team. trade off Nash and Amare still I think

Qwyjibo
06-27-2009, 06:52 PM
unless Suns will do Biedrins, Wright, Belinelli, Azubuike for Amare. which is doubtful.

Can the Raptors get in on this deal then?

Colangelo has bungled the Raptors roster so much in the past year that there is sadly almost no chance Bosh stays. This team needs a rebuild and getting potential and depth like that would be good. It would also firmly place them as one of the worst teams in the league which would hopefully result in a high lottery pick.

I don't know who Colangelo is fooling with his plan of trying to be good enough to impress Bosh next season. The Raptors are probably looking at being no more than fodder for Cleveland/Orlando/Boston in the 1st round next year.

baseketball4life
06-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Can the Raptors get in on this deal then?

Colangelo has bungled the Raptors roster so much in the past year that there is sadly almost no chance Bosh stays. This team needs a rebuild and getting potential and depth like that would be good. It would also firmly place them as one of the worst teams in the league which would hopefully result in a high lottery pick.

I don't know who Colangelo is fooling with his plan of trying to be good enough to impress Bosh next season. The Raptors are probably looking at being no more than fodder for Cleveland/Orlando/Boston in the 1st round next year.
The Warriors like Bosh a lot from what I've read and heard, if they can't get Amare they will turn their attention to Chris Bosh, I'm betting they would offer Biedrins, Wright, Belinelli atleast with Azubuike on top maybe for Bosh, if Bosh is willing to take the max contract extension the Warriors would offer.

Qwyjibo
06-27-2009, 07:21 PM
The Warriors like Bosh a lot from what I've read and heard, if they can't get Amare they will turn their attention to Chris Bosh, I'm betting they would offer Biedrins, Wright, Belinelli atleast with Azubuike on top maybe for Bosh, if Bosh is willing to take the max contract extension the Warriors would offer.

I would do that. I doubt Colangelo does. He's still holding out hope that this mess of a roster he created has a shot at contending and impressing Bosh next season.

I actually like Brandan Wright and think he can be a good player in the NBA given the chance. It also gives the Raptors some good bench players for the future and the opportunity to suck and suck bad next season. No need to re-sign Marion either, it would just be a waste of money.

Calderon -- ?? Ukic or Banks ?? Whatever
Delfino -- Belinelli
Azubuike -- Derozan
Bargnani -- Wright -- Evans
Biedrins -- Humphries

:oldlol: John Wall, get your passport ready!

baseketball4life
06-27-2009, 08:31 PM
I would do that. I doubt Colangelo does. He's still holding out hope that this mess of a roster he created has a shot at contending and impressing Bosh next season.

I actually like Brandan Wright and think he can be a good player in the NBA given the chance. It also gives the Raptors some good bench players for the future and the opportunity to suck and suck bad next season. No need to re-sign Marion either, it would just be a waste of money.

Calderon -- ?? Ukic or Banks ?? Whatever
Delfino -- Belinelli
Azubuike -- Derozan
Bargnani -- Wright -- Evans
Biedrins -- Humphries

:oldlol: John Wall, get your passport ready!
Belinelli is a good player, he will push Delfino for that SG spot...