PDA

View Full Version : Sterling Nixes Randolph to Memphis Trade:

qrich
06-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Last night, I am told at the last minute Clippers owner Donald Sterling killed a trade last night that would have sent Zach Randolph to the Grizzlies for a package that included M. Jaric and G. Buckner.

The good news is that Heisley was clearly willing to take on money. That is at least exciting.

update: I am told they wanted Darko, and the Grizz offered Jaric and Sterling said he would not pay Jaric another dime. That was the deal breaker from what I was told.

Verno's Blog (http://chrisvernon.blogspot.com/2009/06/cvernoncom-exclusive-trade-that-didnt.html) (Chris Vernon - who broke the Gasol trade to LAL first - and hosts GM Chris Wallace regularly on his show)

There goes no one wants Randolph.

dab0yech0
06-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Garbage ass trade im glad we didnt do it. Jaric and Buckner? Zbo is worth way more than that. Hes not as bad as ISH posters make him seem.

Atomic DOG
06-26-2009, 07:55 PM
First of all, thank god.

But my question is, why did Sterling have to nix this deal??? Did Dunleavy actually go to him and say "Ok Donald, we've got this deal in place, we're ready to pull the trigger. Just need your signature here..."

First Dunleavy refuses to trade Kaman to Minny for Miller but counters with Camby. Now he's trying to trade Randolph for nothing???

This is not going to end well. Camby and Randolph are the two guys who we actually NEED to keep to be competitive this year. Kaman is the one who has to go. But Dunleavy seems to have it completely ass backwards. Unfreakingbelievable. I swear to god if Camby or Randolph get moved for junk and Kaman is on the roster opening day, i will do something extreme. I dont think i'll be able to control myself.

Al Thornton
06-26-2009, 08:47 PM
I wouldn't mind that trade but they'd have to throw in a few draft picks. And I always thought teams would be willing to take him.

ZeN
06-26-2009, 09:26 PM
I never want to see Jaric back in LA again :oldlol:

The Clipps should keep Randolph if that crap is what they are dealing...

darabzarrabi
06-26-2009, 09:35 PM
I never want to see Jaric back in LA again :oldlol:

The Clipps should keep Randolph if that crap is what they are dealing...

with jaric comes lima...

dab0yech0
06-26-2009, 11:49 PM
with jaric comes lima...

Zach Randolph for Marko Jaric and rights to Adriana Lima, then we cut Jaric.

bigkingsfan
06-26-2009, 11:52 PM
I don't get this Memphis team, they trade Gasol to save money and now they want Randolph?

qrich
06-26-2009, 11:56 PM
with jaric comes lima...

With Kirilenko comes Masha Lapatova. Masha has been known to sleep with locals when Andrei is on the road, so I'll take my longshot chances :oldlol:

1~Gibson~1
06-26-2009, 11:56 PM
Randolph isnt the type of player you want around a young squad full of talent like the Grizzs have :no:

Force
06-27-2009, 05:01 AM
The Grizz are clearly trying to become more of an East Coast style team.

Interesting and active offseason for so many teams this this summer.

bdreason
06-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Randolph isnt the type of player you want around a young squad full of talent like the Grizzs have :no:

Randolph isn't the type of guy you want around any locker room... that's the problem.

I still wouldn't dump him for nothing though (Jaric and Buckner is nothing). Especially when you have 3 guys you are trying to move, and the other 2 can get value.

LJJ
06-27-2009, 01:20 PM
With Kirilenko comes Masha Lapatova. Masha has been known to sleep with locals when Andrei is on the road, so I'll take my longshot chances :oldlol:

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/andy_gray/01/16/nba.tv/p1_masha.jpg

Meh. That's no Lima by a long shot.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Garbage ass trade im glad we didnt do it. Jaric and Buckner? Zbo is worth way more than that. Hes not as bad as ISH posters make him seem.

this is what i hate...Z BO is 1 pathetic loser...and i dont care how much game he has...

and specially drafting a PF with NO 1 ...i wont allow z bo like 100 miles near to that rookie....

bagelred
06-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Sounds like it was somewhat personal. Sterling probably has a grudge against Jaric for whatever reason and said "No way is he coming back to my team."

bagelred
06-27-2009, 02:06 PM
and specially drafting a PF with NO 1 ...i wont allow z bo like 100 miles near to that rookie....

Just be patient. By the trade deadline, Randolph will start to look attractive. Some team will need his scoring and rebounding and say "Hey, he's only got 1 1/2 years on contract. Why not?" Patience.......

Don't worry about the next year or two. You should have Griffin for the next 15 years. Patience.

To me, if Jazz lose Boozer, a Randolph for Kirilenko swap makes alot of sense for both teams.

goldenryan
06-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Just be patient. By the trade deadline, Randolph will start to look attractive. Some team will need his scoring and rebounding and say "Hey, he's only got 1 1/2 years on contract. Why not?" Patience.......

Don't worry about the next year or two. You should have Griffin for the next 15 years. Patience.

To me, if Jazz lose Boozer, a Randolph for Kirilenko swap makes alot of sense for both teams.
jerry sloan would not coach zack randolph.:no:

bagelred
06-27-2009, 02:37 PM
jerry sloan would not coach zack randolph.:no:

I'd love to see Randolph and Sloan go at it. Make for good TV. :lol

goldenryan
06-27-2009, 02:38 PM
i wouldn't pay jaric a dime either, lima on the other hand.

RoTM
06-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Don't worry about the next year or two. You should have Griffin for the next 4 years. Patience.

There you go.

kraze94
06-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Dunleavy is just an idiot IMO.

The Clippers wont be going anywhere while he's in charge

lawlerslaw100
06-28-2009, 02:52 AM
This was an excuse for not pulling the deal.
Economically Taco would be for it.
In reality, Dunleavy saw no guarantee that the
Clips would get Rubio in a 3 way deal with Minny.
Randolph is worth more than Darko and Marko
unless you are only dumping salaries.
Dunleavy is a good GM and a lousy coach, and
as GM he is trying to save his skin.
He can't afford to make any more bad deals.

PS Lets look at Dunleavy's record as GM and defacto
GM before trashing him here. His draft choices have
included Griffin, Gordon, Thornton, and Kaman.
Only the Jr High Player of the year in Moscow,
Yaroslav Korolev, was a bad choice.
Picking up Camby from the Nuggets was a good deal.
The Randolph deal was Ok considering that Mardy
Collins was thrown in and Cuttino Mobley retires
and Tim Thomas is gone. Trading for Novak was
cheap and a good move. The Sam Cassell trade
put the Clips in the playoffs and netted them
a future #1 from Minny. He fought to keep Brand
and David F's last hurrah backfired with EB in
the wrong system for his talent. Griffin ends
up with the Clips as a result and will be a
talent somewhere between EB and Tim Duncan.

Atomic DOG
06-28-2009, 12:19 PM
this article (http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/jun/27/griz-clippers-swap-fails/) says it was actually darko and buckner. it still would be dumb for the clippers. it says both GM's had the deal agreed upon before sterling shut it down.

freakin dunleavy. he's gonna screw this offseason up. i know it.

Akrazotile
05-09-2015, 10:13 PM
First of all, thank god.

But my question is, why did Sterling have to nix this deal??? Did Dunleavy actually go to him and say "Ok Donald, we've got this deal in place, we're ready to pull the trigger. Just need your signature here..."

First Dunleavy refuses to trade Kaman to Minny for Miller but counters with Camby. Now he's trying to trade Randolph for nothing???

This is not going to end well. Camby and Randolph are the two guys who we actually NEED to keep to be competitive this year. Kaman is the one who has to go. But Dunleavy seems to have it completely ass backwards. Unfreakingbelievable. I swear to god if Camby or Randolph get moved for junk and Kaman is on the roster opening day, i will do something extreme. I dont think i'll be able to control myself.

This guy :roll: