PDA

View Full Version : LeBron booed at the BET awards...

crisoner
06-29-2009, 02:54 AM
LOL Athlete of the year? Why is BET giving out that award.
And what they expect giving out the bullsh*t in LA?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVtPTQsjo1g

Atomic DOG
06-29-2009, 02:58 AM
can one of our resident black people please tell us why you guys love wearing sunglasses indoors so much?

CantStop
06-29-2009, 03:00 AM
Kobe would have gotten it if he was there.

JordanL
06-29-2009, 03:03 AM
can one of our resident black people please tell us why you guys love wearing sunglasses indoors so much?

I get the distinct impression that a lot of the "things black people do" are picked because they are things that make white people feel ridiculous, and thus ensure they will never do them.

:confusedshrug:

I've never really understood this... seems to me that it's slightly counter-productive for the whole segregation thing.

I honestly don't know though. Lots of the things white people do doesn't make sense either.

Y2Gezee
06-29-2009, 03:07 AM

Can one of our resident white people tell me why you guys wear flip flops any time any place during any season of the year?

Real question.

And black people aren't the only ones that wear shades in doors. White people do it too when they actually have a nice pair. See the MTV awards

cavsfanatic
06-29-2009, 03:07 AM
Lebron wasn't athlete of the year? Kobe won it last year cuz he was athlete of the year and lebron won it this year cuz he dominated the courts. Lakers fans so biased its ridiculous.

They give out the award cuz its the bet awards. Black people dominate athletics so it was a given.

He got booed again when the o'jays said they was from cleveland and said get em next year lebron. Ha ha see ya on christmas lakers

Killer_Instinct
06-29-2009, 03:08 AM

Why don't we ask Jack Nicholson you bigot?

cavsfanatic
06-29-2009, 03:10 AM
Can one of our resident white people tell me why you guys wear flip flops any time any place during any season of the year?
Lmao. I was gonna say why do white people eat macaroni and cheese as a meal but didn't wanna sound racist like he did.

NuggetsFan
06-29-2009, 03:18 AM
Lmao. I was gonna say why do white people eat macaroni and cheese as a meal but didn't wanna sound racist like he did.

White people only eat Kraft Dinner? never knew that:lol

NuggetsFan
06-29-2009, 03:20 AM

Real question.

And black people aren't the only ones that wear shades in doors. White people do it too when they actually have a nice pair. See the MTV awards

I'm white and don't even own a pair of Flip flops..kinda feel left out now :confusedshrug:

Lebron was booed? wouldn't expect that but if it was in L.A makes sense seeing how there "superstar" did win the finals MVP.

Atomic DOG
06-29-2009, 03:21 AM

Real question.

lol damn you caught some feelings there.

completely agree about the flip flops, its one of the corniest things white people do.

as far as sunglasses indoors, its a huge sign of insecurity. the reason jack nicholson wears them to laker games is because he's old and decrepit at this point and they show a closeup of his face 10 times a broadcast.

but seriously, i just dont get it. in the mall, at awards shows, at nightclubs, black people are always rocking sunglasses. what is with that. it's one thing to leave them on when you go inside after when you've been outside (tho i still think its cheesy) but going out at 9 at night and putting on sunglasses? lol WTF?

also it was a lighthearted joke but if you really wanna get defensive about it and say "when white people actually have a nice pair" i might counter with the fact that often white money is tied up in stocks and bonds and long-term assets, rather than sunglasses to wear at night and rims. :confusedshrug:

cavsfanatic
06-29-2009, 03:25 AM
White people only eat Kraft Dinner? never knew that:lol
Lol nah I was jus playin. We talk bout it at my job. White people be like its a meal! and we be like its a side dish! Fun times I tell ya

CoryThaGr8
06-29-2009, 03:27 AM
also it was a lighthearted joke but if you really wanna get defensive about it and say "when white people actually have a nice pair" i might counter with the fact that often white money is tied up in stocks and bonds and long-term assets, rather than sunglasses to wear at night and rims.:wtf:

SourGrapes
06-29-2009, 03:30 AM
flip flops aren't corny! the greeks, romans and persians all used to wear them, and are they corny? i think not

i wear my flip flops mostly when it's warm or breezy outside. they are super-comfy.

also, they are convenient. when i'm running out the door to mail a well thought out letter to a friend, flip flops just make more sense

spree43
06-29-2009, 03:30 AM
I wear flip flops all year round as well, but not really when I'm going somewhere planned, if that makes sense

If I'm just running out the door for something small I'll chuck them on because then you don't have to go and get socks and put them on and then do up your shoes

Brunch@Five
06-29-2009, 03:35 AM
flip flops aren't corny! the greeks, romans and persians all used to wear them, and are they corny? i think not

http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/19323.jpg
http://12koerbe.de/pan/ath-plat.jpg

not corny my ass :oldlol:

TryToBeUnbias
06-29-2009, 03:37 AM

i wear my flip flops mostly when it's warm or breezy outside. they are super-comfy.

also, they are convenient. when i'm running out the door to mail a well thought out letter to a friend, flip flops just make more sense
lmao so you DO wear the flip flops haha its coo bro :cheers:

T-bomb 25
06-29-2009, 03:41 AM

completely agree about the flip flops, its one of the corniest things white people do.

as far as sunglasses indoors, its a huge sign of insecurity. the reason jack nicholson wears them to laker games is because he's old and decrepit at this point and they show a closeup of his face 10 times a broadcast.

but seriously, i just dont get it. in the mall, at awards shows, at nightclubs, black people are always rocking sunglasses. what is with that. it's one thing to leave them on when you go inside after when you've been outside (tho i still think its cheesy) but going out at 9 at night and putting on sunglasses? lol WTF?

also it was a lighthearted joke but if you really wanna get defensive about it and say "when white people actually have a nice pair" i might counter with the fact that often white money is tied up in stocks and bonds and long-term assets, rather than sunglasses to wear at night and rims. :confusedshrug:So you are a prejudice ***** then? and your on a basketball forum thats prodomently talking about the NBA who are mostly black,and rich probably with stocks and bonds and long term assets and sunglasses and rims.And top it off you have George Clinton as your handle and he loves sunglasses,you love black culture dont you?admit it do you have identity crises do you know who you are?:lol

Y2Gezee
06-29-2009, 03:41 AM
also it was a lighthearted joke but if you really wanna get defensive about it and say "when white people actually have a nice pair" i might counter with the fact that often white money is tied up in stocks and bonds and long-term assets, rather than sunglasses to wear at night and rims. :confusedshrug:

ZOMG Ouch :rolleyes:

RobertSwift31
06-29-2009, 03:46 AM
1. I didn't hear too many boos??

2. Anyone notice his buddy on stage wearing an I Love NY Shirt?

3. Pretty bad speech IMO

T-bomb 25
06-29-2009, 03:47 AM

also, they are convenient. when i'm running out the door to mail a well thought out letter to a friend, flip flops just make more senseJust because the Greeks,Romans,and Persians wore them doesent mean its cool,man feet is disgusting,women on the otherhand should be required to show their feet,so the hammer time can be avoided.

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-29-2009, 03:54 AM
Why don't we ask Jack Nicholson you bigot?

doubt he does it for fassion.

thejumpa
06-29-2009, 03:55 AM

The reason Jack wheres sunglasses indoors is the same reason LeBron or any other black person you are referring to does.....STYLE. They obviously think it looks good.....not because they don't want the camera to show their face or whatever...:rolleyes:

And man, you have said some stupid ****. Wasn't it you talking slick in the MJ thread? Now your commenting on what black people spend their money on and trying to pass it on as fact? It's obvious you don't know any black people and haven't been around any so I'm going to let you in on something. The comments you make are ridiculous. Not only are they stupid and filled with stereotypes....but they are also wrong. Don't open your mouth if you don't know what you are talking about.

Since you want to pull the race card every chance you get....let's be real about something and get it out of the way. You aren't Black, yet you comment on our society claiming to have knowledge about it. By doing this in pure hater fashion, it actually makes you look like an idiot who actually wants to be Black.....maybe your just trying to figure yourself out or something idk....Am I right?

YAWN
06-29-2009, 04:00 AM
Lol nah I was jus playin. We talk bout it at my job. White people be like its a meal! and we be like its a side dish! Fun times I tell ya
it can be had as a meal my ex used to make some baked kind that was good

inclinerator
06-29-2009, 04:02 AM
obviously lebron has teh laz0rz beam thats why he needs the sunglasses

reppy
06-29-2009, 04:05 AM
I eat macaroni and cheese (as a meal) while wearing flip flops and sunglasses in doors. At night.

Killer_Instinct
06-29-2009, 04:12 AM
I eat macaroni and cheese (as a meal) while wearing flip flops and sunglasses in doors. At night.

My hero. *daps*

FireMcFailPlease
06-29-2009, 04:16 AM

Real question.

Flip flops are comfy.

and they look better then wearing bball shoes out in public.

Juges8932
06-29-2009, 04:18 AM
I wear flip flops any time of year because I am from FL and I get hot really easily and I don't get cold easily at all. Also, most of the time here it is hot as ****, so it doesn't matter. And lastly, they are plain comfortable.

Hammertime
06-29-2009, 04:31 AM
I love the artificial sense of segregation that these awards create and how condescending the whole idea is. "Can't win a Grammy? Here's a BET award. It's easier because the competition is smaller."

JordanL
06-29-2009, 04:39 AM
This thread has:

http://steynian.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/jump_the_shark.png

EDIT:

And yes... that is a black person. :oldlol:

T-bomb 25
06-29-2009, 04:41 AM
I love the artificial sense of segregation that these awards create and how condescending the whole idea is. "Can't win a Grammy? Here's a BET award. It's easier because the competition is smaller."You can say the same for a country award,a white person could win a award on BET,some have been nominated,but a black person would never win a country award or even get invited to the show,I bet they dont even honor Micheal Jackson this year and no 1 is more international than him white or black,so who's doing the artificial sense of segregation?so get off your 1 way steet prick.

thejumpa
06-29-2009, 04:41 AM
I really see no need for someone to bring in race when talking about an awards show and why a guy was wearing sunglasses inside lol

most people on this forum don't even know what they are talking about....just blurting out things as some sort of reflex without thinking. Very ignorant...

T-bomb 25
06-29-2009, 04:47 AM
I really see no need for someone to bring in race when talking about an awards show and why a guy was wearing sunglasses inside lol

most people on this forum don't even know what they are talking about....just blurting out things as some sort of reflex without thinking. Very ignorant...Thats true,but some clowns have be told for being stupid,the whole sly predjudice thing is funny though.

Hammertime
06-29-2009, 04:52 AM
You can say the same for a country award,a white person could win a award on BET,some have been nominated,but a black person would never win a country award or even get invited to the show,I bet they dont even honor Micheal Jackson this year and no 1 is more international than him white or black,so who's doing the artificial sense of segregation?so get off your 1 way steet prick.

1. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/14/Charley-Pride_1981.JPEG

Charley Pride is in the Country Hall of Fame. I don't know the first thing about country music, so I can't tell you if he's the only one, but that was the first person to come to mind.

2. Michael Jackson is hardly a country artist so I fail to see why he should be honoured at Country Music Awards.

3. Learn how to spell. Or speak. Whatever it is that's causing you to appear five.

T-bomb 25
06-29-2009, 04:55 AM
1. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/14/Charley-Pride_1981.JPEG

Charley Pride is in the Country Hall of Fame. I don't know the first thing about country music, so I can't tell you if he's the only one, but that was the first person to come to mind.

2. Michael Jackson is hardly a country artist so I fail to see why he should be honoured at Country Music Awards.

3. Learn how to spell. Or speak. Whatever it is that's causing you to appear five.Neither was Elvis but i bet they honored him.Oh....I can speak,if i met you in person but i doubt I would be talking ******.

AlaskaBlzDuk
06-29-2009, 04:57 AM
This thread has:

http://steynian.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/jump_the_shark.png

EDIT:

And yes... that is a black person. :oldlol:

lol and he is in the ocean... that is about as likely as a white guy eating pigs feet

But in the real... the sunglasses thing is not a black white thing

it is a being high thing (cover those eyes) I wear mine all night (it is light up here at night tho) and rock my jewish ass in some sandals even in the snow

Lebron23
06-29-2009, 04:58 AM
obviously lebron has teh laz0rz beam thats why he needs the sunglasses

LeBron James = Cyclops
Kobe Bryant = Wolverine

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

T-bomb 25
06-29-2009, 05:01 AM
LeBron James = Cyclops
Kobe Bryant = Wolverine

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:But Wade=Flash,Who is cooler than both.

JtotheIzzo
06-29-2009, 05:11 AM
the Greeks wore SANDALS
http://www.global-b2b-network.com/direct/dbimage/50272982/Sandals.jpg

not FLIP FLOPS
http://weblog.leidenuniv.nl/media/blogs/76039/invisiblecollege/flip%20flops.jpg

am I the only one who differentiates.

Wearing flip-flops is for people who don't give a f*ck or people who want to look like they don't give a f*ck. They are trendy (thus many hate them) and pretty impractical in a city where many places have dress codes etc...

Sunglasses used to be worn by people to hide something, like wrinkles or their bloodshot eyes. Jack Nicholson has a lot to hide, so that is why he wears them. Famous black people these days are all about brand names and labels (much like Asians used to be five years ago) and Sunglasses, like your watch, or ridiculous necklace, or shoes, or shirt are just another accessory where you can flash a brandname.

vinsane01
06-29-2009, 05:31 AM
the Greeks wore SANDALS
http://www.global-b2b-network.com/direct/dbimage/50272982/Sandals.jpg

not FLIP FLOPS
http://weblog.leidenuniv.nl/media/blogs/76039/invisiblecollege/flip%20flops.jpg

am I the only one who differentiates.

Wearing flip-flops is for people who don't give a f*ck or people who want to look like they don't give a f*ck. They are trendy (thus many hate them) and pretty impractical in a city where many places have dress codes etc...

Sunglasses used to be worn by people to hide something, like wrinkles or their bloodshot eyes. Jack Nicholson has a lot to hide, so that is why he wears them. Famous black people these days are all about brand names and labels (much like Asians used to be five years ago) and Sunglasses, like your watch, or ridiculous necklace, or shoes, or shirt are just another accessory where you can flash a brandname.

i laughed when someone posted pictures of greeks wearing sandals and calling them flipflops. Im asian,and in here no one gives a sh*t what we wear on our feet. I wear flip flops and sandals all the time. If i can wear them to work i would. Why? its comfortable! that's why!! :oldlol:
Regarding sun glasses, well they are called sun glasses for some reason. I guess some people think its "cool" wearing them in doors and even when raining, which i find puzzling and hilarious at the same time. Its their problem, let them be! :D

oh the horror
06-29-2009, 05:38 AM
Regardless of color.....sunglasses at night, or while indoors, is a massive D-BAG move.

spree43
06-29-2009, 06:07 AM
in relation to the sunglasses ... bono

But I really think its in relation to a few black style icons who have been wearing them,

some as a fashion thing "Look I'm wearing $500 sunglasses"
or as a sign of arogance or being better, there not worthy to look you in the eyes etc.
Its a rock star thing as well, because they stay up all night and always have a hangover. White rockers have been doing it for decades

But as a result those who follow the style icons are copying them, and its a bit strange when a white guy tries to dress like a black rap icon, which is why not many white guys are doing it recently

Its not rocket science really, just a trend

Brunch@Five
06-29-2009, 06:44 AM
i laughed when someone posted pictures of greeks wearing sandals and calling them flipflops.

I was responding to someone saying Romans and Greeks were not corny-looking :oldlol:

I haven't got anything against flip-flops, nor sandals, every should wear what's comfortable. What I don't like is wearing flip-flops for every occasion or when you've got ugly feet.

RedBlackAttack
06-29-2009, 07:14 AM
LOL Athlete of the year? Why is BET giving out that award.
Once again, I'm surprised at the hostility that the city of LA seems to have toward LeBron. I've commented on it several times and this incident helps illustrate my point. From the LA press to the fans, there seems to be this anti-LeBron vibe that I just don't get. :confusedshrug:

The_Yearning
06-29-2009, 09:06 AM
Once again, I'm surprised at the hostility that the city of LA seems to have toward LeBron. I've commented on it several times and this incident helps illustrate my point. From the LA press to the fans, there seems to be this anti-LeBron vibe that I just don't get. :confusedshrug:

City of LA? All the attendance of the BET awards are black who really don't have that much knowledge of basketball outside of a select few...lmao I think it's an insult to attend the BET awards just to accept a sports award lmao...

Lebron is a joke...before he opened his mouth for his little speech I knew he was gonna have that annoying voice and open with a little phrase along the lines of "oh man!" "Man...WOW!" or some uncreative unoriginal words that a 15 year old white kid from a black neighborhood would say.

And this black guy tries so hard to form a coherent sentence and sound intelligent...this guy looked like a big black gorilla up there...I see why he wears a headband when he plays...the insecurity is strong with this guy...He can't play ball without that headband...he will never be the same player without that headband covering his forehead...was a joke...I guess he has insecurity with his nose too always wearing big sunglasses indoors and at press conferences...does he think he has style?

Like I said, this guy looks like a big black ugly gorilla up there...send this chump to NY and let him earn all the spotlight and money he wants...he will never be able to win a ring there...NY has nothing there...they are struggling to get Rubio lmao c'mon now you chumps...

Meticode
06-29-2009, 09:10 AM
Of coursed he got booed at the BET awards. The show took place in Los Angeles.

Sriracha
06-29-2009, 09:28 AM
I wear flip flops any time of year because I am from FL and I get hot really easily and I don't get cold easily at all. Also, most of the time here it is hot as ****, so it doesn't matter. And lastly, they are plain comfortable.

Flip flop ftw...if I can wear flip flop to work and church, I would too. I try not to wear flip flop when black people are around though, I don't want them to think I'm weirder than I already am.

sergiorodriguez
06-29-2009, 09:50 AM
maybe they booed Lebron for his poor sportsmanship at the end of game 6:confusedshrug:

Xsatyr
06-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Lol nah I was jus playin. We talk bout it at my job. White people be like its a meal! and we be like its a side dish! Fun times I tell yaBetter than fried bologna...

plowking
06-29-2009, 10:37 AM

What exactly is their to be pro-Lebron about in L.A.? :confusedshrug:

GOBB
06-29-2009, 11:06 AM
This board is always good entertainment when posters speak on a background that somehow left a bitter taste in thier mouth. An incident, encounter left you butt hurt and well? That pain still lingers.

Once again, I'm surprised at the hostility that the city of LA seems to have toward LeBron. I've commented on it several times and this incident helps illustrate my point. From the LA press to the fans, there seems to be this anti-LeBron vibe that I just don't get.

Because he is pretty much Kobe Bryants rival. Shouldnt be that surprising. I cant pinpoint each fans feeling. But it doesnt seem abnormal for fans to booo Lebron. Afterall thier team won the title, your player won Finals MVP and Lebron is the award winner for tonight in your backyard so to speak. Who knows if the people BOOO'ing were serious or followed bball that closely.

chinaski14
06-29-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm white and think some people look good in sunglasses in doors so who cares? I also wear flip flops like slippers and stick them on if I'm in a hurry or whatever - either way, who cares what people are wearing?

As for Jack Nicholson, he does wear them to cover his age. I saw an interview where he said something like 'with my glasses I'm Jack Nicholson, without them I'm just any other scraggly old man.'

And I lol'ed at the mac and cheese remark...it is a meal if you eat a whole box :banana:

Fatal9
06-29-2009, 11:14 AM
Because he is pretty much Kobe Bryants rival. Shouldnt be that surprising. I cant pinpoint each fans feeling. But it doesnt seem abnormal for fans to booo Lebron. Afterall thier team won the title, your player won Finals MVP and Lebron is the award winner for tonight in your backyard so to speak. Who knows if the people BOOO'ing were serious or followed bball that closely.
Nah, it's not that. People just don't like Lebron's demeanor (screams arrogant prick). Can't even accept an award without stumbling and bumbling over his own words. He's a hack who doesn't know how to carry himself.

GOBB
06-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Nah, it's not that. People just don't like Lebron's demeanor (screams arrogant prick). Can't even accept an award without stumbling and bumbling over his own words. He's a hack who doesn't know how to carry himself.

I doubt that is the reason.

lefthook00
06-29-2009, 11:32 AM
They wear sunglasses at night because they are high. Everyone does this, not just blacks. If I had some $1,200 Louie V shades I'd rock them everywhere too.

The Magic Man
06-29-2009, 11:43 AM
The reason Jack wheres sunglasses indoors is the same reason LeBron or any other black person you are referring to does.....STYLE. They obviously think it looks good.....not because they don't want the camera to show their face or whatever...:rolleyes:

And man, you have said some stupid ****. Wasn't it you talking slick in the MJ thread? Now your commenting on what black people spend their money on and trying to pass it on as fact? It's obvious you don't know any black people and haven't been around any so I'm going to let you in on something. The comments you make are ridiculous. Not only are they stupid and filled with stereotypes....but they are also wrong. Don't open your mouth if you don't know what you are talking about.

Since you want to pull the race card every chance you get....let's be real about something and get it out of the way. You aren't Black, yet you comment on our society claiming to have knowledge about it. By doing this in pure hater fashion, it actually makes you look like an idiot who actually wants to be Black.....maybe your just trying to figure yourself out or something idk....Am I right?

*fistbump

This guy, along with that GUUS idiot, are one of the few people here that I actually want to punch in the face. I'm pretty sure they're both no older than 14 (based on the way they act) and sadly that doesn't change my stance.

As far as the topic? Come on guys. Why do you people make everything out to be comic book super hero/villainy bullsh*t. The people were just having fun with him. My man Eddie Levert (i think he said it) said some sh*t like,"Let's get em next year" or something like that and the Los Angeles attendance reacted. You guys honestly think they were booing him the way Portland would boo Ariza? Lol, you guys need to chill man.

Allstar24
06-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Dude, the Celtics were booed at the ESPYS last year...so it's not just limited to James. I suppose Howard would get booed as well if he won the award. LA is very loyal to the city's teams and superstars.

BallPhunk
06-29-2009, 11:55 AM
LOL

Reminds me of a joke from George Wallace:

"Can all you white people please answer a question, I've got to know...

Garage sales?

What happens to you on Friday night that makes you get up on Saturday morning and put all your sh!t out on your front lawn? Even make signs: 15 cents, 25 cents. Who wants your old sh!t?

Explain it and I'll answer a question about black people you've always wanted to know: Why don't black people go camping?

Camping?: crappy food, dirt, cold, bugs and sh!t - hell, we've got that at home; why would we go camping on vacation?"

http://www.las-vegas-news-reviews.com/blog-images/george-wallace.jpg
Relax btw
:cheers:

Pharcyde
06-29-2009, 11:55 AM
City of LA? All the attendance of the BET awards are black who really don't have that much knowledge of basketball outside of a select few...lmao I think it's an insult to attend the BET awards just to accept a sports award lmao...

Lebron is a joke...before he opened his mouth for his little speech I knew he was gonna have that annoying voice and open with a little phrase along the lines of "oh man!" "Man...WOW!" or some uncreative unoriginal words that a 15 year old white kid from a black neighborhood would say.

And this black guy tries so hard to form a coherent sentence and sound intelligent...this guy looked like a big black gorilla up there...I see why he wears a headband when he plays...the insecurity is strong with this guy...He can't play ball without that headband...he will never be the same player without that headband covering his forehead...was a joke...I guess he has insecurity with his nose too always wearing big sunglasses indoors and at press conferences...does he think he has style?

Like I said, this guy looks like a big black ugly gorilla up there...send this chump to NY and let him earn all the spotlight and money he wants...he will never be able to win a ring there...NY has nothing there...they are struggling to get Rubio lmao c'mon now you chumps...

You're looking a way too deep into someone you have never met and seem to hate.

Raps4Life
06-29-2009, 11:58 AM
You can say the same for a country award,a white person could win a award on BET,some have been nominated,but a black person would never win a country award or even get invited to the show,I bet they dont even honor Micheal Jackson this year and no 1 is more international than him white or black,so who's doing the artificial sense of segregation?so get off your 1 way steet prick.

:roll: Honoring Michael Jackson at the Country Music Awards!!.....he's done so much for country music.

Peter Griffin
06-29-2009, 12:01 PM

I second this!

cavsfanatic
06-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Kevin durant said the same thing on twitter last night lol. We cavs fans know why tho. If kobe ever came here to get a award he'd get lebron chants

cavsfanatic
06-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Better than fried bologna...
Lmao. Broke people of all races eat fried bologna.

thejumpa
06-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Hahah the way the league has hyped up Lebron vs Kobe.....if you think him getting booed has ANYTHING to do with something other than basketball, your a fool.

LeBrons an ugly gorilla? damn man..........you mad?

All this subliminal racist talk is funny. People on here find it right to bring it up any thread somehow related to Black people. Get off the net and go live your life you idiots......because hating on a race over sunglasses, rims, or being big black money making gorillas isn't going to make it better. Idiots...

Automajic23
06-29-2009, 12:22 PM

IDK dude, personally if I had money LIKE THAT I would wear my shades whenever and however the F I wanted.
It's just a popular trend now, and maybe you think of black people specifically because almost every rapper does it in videos, in public, etc. But black people aren't the only ones doing it. It's just portrayed as a rappers thing.

I could understand how your bothered that a lot of thugs and pretenders who wear really nice shades or knockoffs try to look ballin with a pair on, when really they're broke as a joke, or just drug dealers.

I'm from Philly and yes a lot of people buy nice shades and throw rims on their cars. When I was 19 I had 18' chromes and a pair of Dior shades; But WAIT, IM NOT BLACK. It's culture. The part of the culture I don't understand is that in the ghettos (IE: North Philly OLNEY) lots of people; cambodians, blacks, even whites wear designer junk on the block and put 20s on hoopties but live in some broke asz rowhomes with dead grass, busted fences and paint falling off their homes. Why is their money going to their cars and clothes? BEATS ME> :confusedshrug: It's their money though, let them spend it. I can vouch for this because my ex lived in "the hood" born n raised, and staying at her place all the time made me wonder, are people in this hood F'ing stupid? If I lived there and got $$$ I would move the F out, not hook up my car and rock bling so I can get shot up and have it stolen from me the next day. <---- I think this is what you think of that pisses you off about people wearing shades indoors, but don't accuse just the black people, cuz it's not. They are just portrayed as people who do it, but so does every other race.

But like I said, it's a trend, it's culture. 1st thing I did when I was seeing $$$ while in college was throw some chrome on the car with some speakers, put my shades on and pick up girls on campus, DUH. :pimp: So don't hate son!

bokes15
06-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Of course he was booed, this was in LA. They chanted, K-o-b-e.

OneMoreSucka
06-29-2009, 12:24 PM
This **** is getting heated

Peter Griffin
06-29-2009, 12:25 PM
This **** is getting heated

Something some folks don't know about unless they rap or play basketball!:lol

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-29-2009, 12:29 PM
it didn't seem like booing to me. just the usual noise at BET Awards.
also, maybe I missed it, but I did not hear any Kobe chants.

InspiredLebowski
06-29-2009, 12:30 PM
What do you call a guy wearing sunglasses at night with flip flops eating a main dish of mac and cheese with a side of pig's feet?

This thread is weird, people get so defensive.

thejumpa
06-29-2009, 12:31 PM

They were definitely booing....as soon as Levert mentioned a championship and bringing one to Cleveland, the crowd went nuts lol

It's LA.......put Kobe in the same position in Cleveland and the same thing is going to happen

Peter Griffin
06-29-2009, 12:32 PM
What do you call a guy wearing sunglasses at night with flip flops eating a main dish of mac and cheese with a side of pig's feet?

This thread is weird, people get so defensive.

I know, and it seems like black people get super sensative!

Why is it that their comedians get to talk about white people and say cracker and what not, but we can't say n*gger or make black jokes?!

bokes15
06-29-2009, 12:34 PM
I did. It was faint, but I definitely heard them. And I have it on DVR so I even watched it again when it was over.

Lebron23
06-29-2009, 12:39 PM
2x NBA Regular Season MVP
3x NBA All Star MVP
1x NBA Finals MVP

In 2010

And Tyra Banks looks good at the 2009 BET Awards.

SRZ66
06-29-2009, 01:10 PM
wearing sunglasses inside = fashion statement, can look cool if done right. A LOT of people cannot pull it off however

macaroni and cheese = pure goodness, don't hate on it, you all know you like it

flip flops = easy, comfortable, convinient. when u live in hot places such as AZ, its easy to throw them on with your basketball shorts instead of having to go gets socks and shoes, tie them and get sweaty ass hot feet

plowking
06-29-2009, 01:10 PM
2x NBA Regular Season MVP
3x NBA All Star MVP
1x NBA Finals MVP

In 2010

And Tyra Banks looks good at the 2009 BET Awards.

Chris Quinn In 2014.

4 x NBA Regular Season MVP
2 x NBA All Star MVP
3 x NBA Finals MVP

Automajic23
06-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Chris Quinn In 2014.

4 x NBA Regular Season MVP
2 x NBA All Star MVP
3 x NBA Finals MVP

I like Chris Quinn, he is a bit small though

Jordan-esque
06-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Did LeBron just thank the Michael Jackson family for their contributions to the world of Basketball???

:confusedshrug:

Think they're related to Phil Jackson perhaps?

Interminator
06-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Nobody read his agent's shirt saying I (Heart) New York?

Hes doing this on purpose, what is his and his peoples obsession with New York?

04mzwach
06-29-2009, 03:45 PM
It can be a meal or a side dish. It's pasta! Garlic bread or a sandwich, it's all delicious. Why do women ***** about everything? Why do black people love kool-aid? why do asian people eat rice? why do mexicans claim they invented corn? It's a geographical thing. In other words, your views are based on the region you are living in and not the whole world. PAWN. That's why Lebron got booed like others have said. Kobe would of got cheers.

OneMoreSucka
06-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Nobody read his agent's shirt saying I (Heart) New York?

Hes doing this on purpose, what is his and his peoples obsession with New York?
Because it's the best city on earth :confusedshrug:

YoungMula
06-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Heard more chants of Kobe then booing

IInvented
06-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Kobe would have gotten it if he was there.

coming from Kobe stan..:lol :lol

blacknapalm
06-29-2009, 05:31 PM
it was in LA as others said.

phelps should have won. eight gold medal records setting seven world records along the way. that will never happen in swimming again. the olympics is the major playoffs for olympic athletes. it would be like winning regular season MVP and finals MVP while putting up #s no one has seen. phelps deserves it, i have a feeling he will take it at the ESPYs.

purple8gold
06-29-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm white and don't even own a pair of Flip flops..kinda feel left out now :confusedshrug:

Lebron was booed? wouldn't expect that but if it was in L.A makes sense seeing how their "superstar" did win the finals MVP.

JK.

I don't have anything smart to post. :D