PDA

View Full Version : Zach Randolph traded to Memphis for Quentin Richardson

PaperClip
07-01-2009, 08:25 PM
http://twitter.com/LATimessports

The Clippers Wednesday traded Zach Randolph to Memphis Grizzlies for guard Quentin Richardson, the LA Times has learned. MARK HEISLER

:hammertime:

Interminator
07-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Wait what?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO

qrich
07-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Q's a Clipper again :applause:

Al Thornton
07-01-2009, 08:34 PM
:hammertime:

D-Rose
07-01-2009, 08:36 PM
So...Gasol for Z-Bo??

QRich goes back to the Clip Ship.

hawkfan
07-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Here's the link:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-clippers-randolph2-2009jul02,0,238192.story

I guess the D-Miles and Q-Rich reunion didn't last long.

WTF? Why? Why take on that awful contract?

bagelred
07-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

This means Grizzlies ain't going after David Lee!!!!!! They got their PF!!!!!!!!!!!

And it was TWO EX KNICKS!!!!!!!!! Thank you Q!!!!!!!!! Thank you Zach!!!!!!!

I knew Zach and Q would come thru for the Knicks eventually.

Interminator
07-01-2009, 08:38 PM
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll45/Boohda_bucket/worf.gif

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu112/PhenomGW/double-facepalm.jpg

GiveItToBurrito
07-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Ugh, that's a pretty bad trade for the Grizz. Now they've got two young bigs who are going to need minutes to develop (plus Haddadi) and who can only really play center, plus they've got a third inefficient volume scorer who's going to demand the ball. Bad move by Memphis, and the Clippers are damned lucky if this is true.

LbloodOjunkieG
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll45/Boohda_bucket/worf.gif

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu112/PhenomGW/double-facepalm.jpg

HAHAHA!!! Sorry bro!!!

teleport

This means Grizzlies ain't going after David Lee!!!!!! They got their PF!!!!!!!!!!!

:oldlol: :banana: :banana:

hawkfan
07-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Maybe that means Lee will head to Raptorworld, if Hedo doesn't head there. Or Lee could head to Blazerland if Hedo goes to Raptorworld.

qrich
07-01-2009, 08:41 PM
I wish Zach well in Memphis and think he'll do well next to Hasheem in the front court. I'm dissapointed in this crappy return, but Q's my favorite player, so I'm fine with it.

Interminator
07-01-2009, 08:41 PM
http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss21/b07/1245829637745.jpg

D-Rose
07-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Memphis better not hope this guy is a cancer to all their young talent...

Clippers on the other hand...will be 21-24 million UNDER the cap in the 2010 spending frenzy.

AznTacoLover
07-01-2009, 08:47 PM
I wish Zach well in Memphis and think he'll do well next to Hasheem in the front court. I'm dissapointed in this crappy return, but Q's my favorite player, so I'm fine with it.

Lee won't play back up. cause they got aldrige :O

CarpeDiemKJ
07-01-2009, 08:47 PM
LOL countdown to when Rudy, OJ, and ZBo fight over the ball.

qrich
07-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Man, it's funny how most of the people who like this deal for the Clips aren't Clipper fans, while, most Clip fans I know are pissed :oldlol:

Anyways, Memphis is stupid. They essentially traded Pau for Z-Bo & Marc Gasol

Lamar Doom
07-01-2009, 08:50 PM
wow, rare triple post. lagggggg

Lamar Doom
07-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Z-bo to the grizzzz.

Gasol/Thabeet
Z-bo/Warrick/Arthur
Gay/Q-ross
mayo
Conley Jr.

pretty nice little squad

Lamar Doom
07-01-2009, 08:51 PM
what an awful trade for LAC. all this talk about how much dunleavy likes to run his offense through randolph and how Camby or Kaman is definitely the odd man out. horrible deal. I love Q-rich but I just don't get this.

p.s.- is it just me or are the grizzlies turning into a really fun-to-watch roster

bagelred
07-01-2009, 08:54 PM
deleted

Interminator
07-01-2009, 08:57 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee137/mp2791/1186583850239.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g275/ShinyYellowTruck/Facepalm%20WTF/lionfacepalm.jpg

T-Low
07-01-2009, 08:58 PM

qrich got his wish at a high price.....oh well....glad to see my fellow clip fan happy!

Interminator
07-01-2009, 08:58 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee137/mp2791/1186583850239.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g275/ShinyYellowTruck/Facepalm%20WTF/lionfacepalm.jpg

brandonislegend
07-01-2009, 09:00 PM
As much as it might suprise some.

I love this trade for the grizzlies.

simcjt
07-01-2009, 09:01 PM
So the clips plan on freeing up money to make a serious run?

Interminator
07-01-2009, 09:03 PM
http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq278/Zerg_1337/facepalm.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj220/MrNefastus/Facepalm.jpg

Man honestly what the ****?

Why do this deal?

I mean seriously there is no sense involved in trading for the Blackhole known as ZB050

Interminator
07-01-2009, 09:06 PM
As much as it might suprise some.

I love this trade for the grizzlies.
How?

We could've gotten Big Baby, Millsap, or Lee for less money and would've played better on defense, would not have been lockeroom cancer, and would get better over time and grow with our young core.

hawkfan
07-01-2009, 09:10 PM
How?

We could've gotten Big Baby, Millsap, or Lee for less money and would've played better on defense, would not have been lockeroom cancer, and would get better over time and grow with our young core.

Definitely.

Glen Davis at 3 years, $18M would have been performance wise and cap wise.

brandonislegend
07-01-2009, 09:10 PM
How?

we can still sign someone

ZHAKIDD532
07-01-2009, 09:13 PM
I guess the Griz needed a scorer. I'm surprised teams were able to sign Zach Randolph as much as he has been. 3 times in about 3 years. He still have 2 years left I'm pretty sure.

Interminator
07-01-2009, 09:23 PM
we can still sign someone
You're right.

We can just overpay for a 6th Man swingman, and let Warrick walk.

InspiredLebowski
07-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Trade em Tinsley before Chris Wallace sobers up Larry!

Chris Wallace is the best GM in the city of Los Angeles though.

poido123
07-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Good trade for the Clips, I didn't think Randolph would be easy to get rid of, thought he might of been in the Eddy Curry mould, without the injuries...As a memphis it must be a dark day for you guys :confusedshrug:

GOON MUSIC
07-01-2009, 09:30 PM
They didnt need zbo

they got Blake

ZBO One of My Fav Players and ridiculously underrated

bagelred
07-01-2009, 09:31 PM
How is this bad for the Grizz? They got PF they wanted desperately without using much cap space. They are still like over what, $15 million under cap still? :confusedshrug:

Grinder
07-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Great trade for the Clippers, this frees up major minutes for Blake Griffin and allows DeAndre Jordan to get some playing time too.

If Randolph can play within the system, then he can be a nice fit with the Grizzlies. If he resorts to black hole mode, then it could get ugly with Mayo, Gay, and Z-Bo chucking.

UCLAlegend32
07-01-2009, 09:36 PM
yay welcome back Q

Interminator
07-01-2009, 09:37 PM
How is this bad for the Grizz? They got PF they wanted desperately without using much cap space. They are still like over what, $15 million under cap still? :confusedshrug:
Huh?

I have no clue why Wallace has been obsessed with Randolph, this is the 2nd or 3rd time I believe we attempted to acquire him.

gasolina
07-01-2009, 09:39 PM
What the hell???!?!?!?

Grizzlies were too cheap to sign Lee and settle for Z-bo?

Well he turns to a $17 million expirer next year, when we need to re-sign Gasol and Gay.

bagelred
07-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Huh?

I have no clue why Wallace has been obsessed with Randolph, this is the 2nd or 3rd time I believe we attempted to acquire him.

That's what I'm saying. They seemed to want Randolph desperately, now they got him.

Geez, Randolph is a 20/10 guy. Great move by Grizz, they get him in a trade for none of their core players. What's wrong with that? Still plenty of cap space. And Grizz aren't gonna be 2010 players anyway.....I don't think Lebron is going there. :lol

Knicks were playing well beginning of this year with Randolph, once he was traded, it started going downhill......

poido123

What about Amare or Millsap or any other PF out there? They took Randolph simply because he would be the only PF willing to come play for the Grizzlies, sad but true...He will **** up team chemistry, he's another in the chuckalot category with little to no defence...
However I do see your point about what he does provide, maybe that's all the grizzlies can do right now, they are obviously not looking to win a championship anytime soon by acquiring Randolph...

Interminator
What the hell???!?!?!?

Grizzlies were too cheap to sign Lee and settle for Z-bo?

Well he turns to a $17 million expirer next year, when we need to re-sign Gasol and Gay.
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ThaBust
http://theuconnblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/thabeet-balloon-hat.jpg

Interminator
07-01-2009, 09:44 PM
That's what I'm saying. They seemed to want Randolph desperately, now they got him.

Geez, Randolph is a 20/10 guy. Great move by Grizz, they get him in a trade for none of their core players. What's wrong with that? Still plenty of cap space. And Grizz aren't gonna be 2010 players anyway.....I don't think Lebron is going there. :lol

Knicks were playing well beginning of this year with Randolph, once he was traded, it started going downhill......
Man Randolph is like genital herpes

Nobody wants it, But you'll find a way to get it, When you finally get rid of it, Things always get better.

GOON MUSIC
07-01-2009, 09:47 PM
the worst 20-10 guy in history of basketball ?

thats what ya'll make it seem like

all somebody gotta do is tell em, no more threes

poido123
07-01-2009, 09:51 PM
How about Lee or Millsap, these guys wouldve been perfect for a young team like the Grizzlies, they provide energy, enthusiasm, defense and desire...Z-Bo will be the senior player on that team, do you think his lack of defense, chucking and offcourt dramas is gonna help a young inexperienced team?

Interminator
the worst 20-10 guy in history of basketball ?

thats what ya'll make it seem like

all somebody gotta do is tell em, no more threes
Yeah, You're better off painting your cawk than getting Randolph to do anything.

brandonislegend
so many haters in here -_-

poido123
07-01-2009, 09:54 PM
so many haters in here -_-

Where are they?
I'm just disappointed for your team that's all, Gay is was already affected by Majo abit with chemistry, Z-Bo just makes it ten times worse...

reppy
07-01-2009, 10:10 PM
So, they traded Pau Gasol so they could acquire Zach Randolph? Well, so much for that grand plan..

juju151111
07-01-2009, 10:17 PM

Memphis is making some good moves. they got a 20 and 10 player even tho he doesn't play defense.

ZeN
07-01-2009, 10:40 PM
So essentially the Clippers will have enough to maybe sign one major player in 2010....

While I doubt any player will be primed up to come to the Clippers, it has to at least be a little enticing to have the ability to play with a couple of studs like Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin. The team will have a couple decent players that they are building on. Plus, a big maket of L.A. should be somewhat appealing.

But unfortunately I still have to hold my breath, and hope that the Clipps win more than last seasons' 19 wins... And that a Star ends up ignoring the fact that the Clippers have been an abyss for much of their existance.:D

Darius
07-01-2009, 10:42 PM
ZBo isn't as bad as all that.

He is a great offensive player and his rep is overblown IMO - I liked him on the Clips.

Still - he wasn't going to take us anywhere besides, maybe, the middle of the pack and it is a better move to throw Griffin into the fire and see what we got with him rather than play him out of position.

If all things work out we'll have Gordon showing his 20ppg last year was no fluke + up and coming Griffin + revived Baron ready to bring in a big ticket 2010 FA.

There is also the $8m trade exception... I bet you could pick up a pretty bad a$$ player from a struggling team at the all-star break for that.

G-train
07-01-2009, 11:03 PM
So, they traded Pau Gasol so they could acquire Zach Randolph? Well, so much for that grand plan..

this is what I dont understand... Why not keep Gasol? Because of the caps space Kwame provided? wow what a shocker.
they have taken on his contract and selfishness and attitude, yet they still wont be close to the playoffs. wow, really really bad.
MARK MY WORDS - this team WILL self destruct 50 game in. You need a Chauncey type leader to hold a team like that together, and he aint there.

ihatetimthomas
07-01-2009, 11:27 PM
This is a good step for the Clipps to really make a real attempt at developing their #1 pick, and it also opens up the offensive door for Eric Gordon. I really think these 2 have great potential and will have nice long careers. It also opens up free agency next year with that fat contract off the books. Zach served nicely in his short stint as a Clipp, but they were not going anywhere with him.

The question mark will be how well he adapts to the duo of Gay and Mayo. Both of those guys, especially Gay, handle the rock a lot and take up many shots. Zach isnt exactly known for his passing ability. But I do think he would be a good tandem with Marc bc Marc is more rugged and Zach has a nice touch in the midrange. But this team certainly has some nice fire power. And with Conley coming along, they have a nice starting 5. Pressure is on Conley to see if he can be a leader and be the general on the floor. Overall, I think the Clipps are better off bc they shed a big contract and open up the 4 for Griffin. But I will be watching the Grizz this season

BigSmooth4
07-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Man Randolph is like genital herpes

Nobody wants it, But you'll find a way to get it, When you finally get rid of it, Things always get better.

You cant get rid of herpes simplex 1 or 2. But that being said i think this is a good pick up for the grizz. Randolph is a good power forward that can score and rebound.

KKittles30
07-02-2009, 12:11 AM
Now we can go back to calling him by his real nickname QClip. He actually should've never left there he fell off so much since he left LA.

hawkfan
07-02-2009, 12:39 AM
If the Grizzlies were going to trade for Randolph, at least they could have sent out Marco Jaric's bad contract, so that it would only be adding 10 million per year.

Next year both ZBo and Jaric will be on the books for about 25 million.

Nets fan 93
07-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Wow... Gasol must feel very bretrayed now... Memphis rapes beside the huge Contract

BigTicket
07-02-2009, 01:13 AM
Zach Randolph makes a lot more money than Quentin Richardson. About 6-7M more, which would mean the trade can't be just a straight up swap between the two. Ofcourse Memphis is below the salary cap so they could just add a trade exception to the deal.

Anyway I like this for the Clippers, they just saved $24M over the next two years, got rid of a problematic player, made space for their #1 pick, and became players in the much anticipated 2010 free agent market.
They got Q-Rich too, but honestly who cares.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-02-2009, 01:17 AM
I knew LAC would find a suitor for z-bo

Wagon jumper
07-02-2009, 02:34 AM
Something I dont get, the Grizzlies dumped Pau Gasol for financial reasons. Why are they picking up Zach's big contract.

dab0yech0
07-02-2009, 03:16 AM
Memphis' front office is just a mess right now. Instead of being a player in the 2010 FA race, they just basically took themselves out of it.

For the Clippers, we have our backup SF now and we created more minutes for the front court rotation.

Kaman/Jordan
Camby/Griffin
Thornton/Richardson
Gordon/Davis/Collins
Baron/Taylor

is our roster so far. Now hopefully we bring Steve Novak back and add a 3rd string pg and maybe a 3rd string big like Rod Benson and our roster is set.

It will also be nice to have tons of cap for 2010 because not only did we rid of Zbos fat contract, Qrich is a 8 mil exp, Camby is a 7.5 mil exp, and Collins is a 1.5 mil exp.

hawkfan
07-02-2009, 03:17 AM
I wonder if Chris Wallace saw this clip before he made this deal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh2fn01cngg

Why didn't Wallace force the Clippers to take back the 3rd former Clipper, Marco Jaric? I guess he just wanted to make sure Adriana Lima was still at Grizzlies' games.

dab0yech0
07-02-2009, 03:26 AM
I wonder if Chris Wallace saw this clip before he made this deal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh2fn01cngg

Why didn't Wallace force the Clippers to take back the 3rd former Clipper, Marco Jaric? I guess he just wanted to make sure Adriana Lima was still at Grizzlies' games.

Donald Sterling hates Jaric. He refuses to see him in a Clipper uniform again. I forgot the source but I saw it on here a few days ago.

ronnymac
07-02-2009, 03:50 AM
Why pickup randolph contract:confusedshrug:

Kebab Stall
07-02-2009, 04:10 AM
Memphis' front office is just a mess right now. Instead of being a player in the 2010 FA race, they just basically took themselves out of it.
What? The Memphis FO have never shown any sign of being interested in the 2010 FA. Not one of them will sign with the Grizz, so waste time and wait until then, when all the big names will be going to big teams that are winning?

momo
07-02-2009, 04:19 AM
Yeah, You're better off painting your cawk than getting Randolph to do anything.

The American pastime. Cawk painting.

:roll:

dab0yech0
07-02-2009, 04:46 AM
What? The Memphis FO have never shown any sign of being interested in the 2010 FA. Not one of them will sign with the Grizz, so waste time and wait until then, when all the big names will be going to big teams that are winning?

I get what your saying but they do have Gasol, Gay, and Mayo. If by some miniscule chance they could add Bosh, they'd be a pretty formidable team.

unbreakable
07-02-2009, 05:05 AM
Memphis just got a 20/10 player for trash.. good move. I think ZBO might actually look okay next to Thabeet and Gasol..time will tell.

Kebab Stall
07-02-2009, 05:14 AM
I get what your saying but they do have Gasol, Gay, and Mayo. If by some miniscule chance they could add Bosh, they'd be a pretty formidable team.
I think the FO would rather take their chances and get a player like Z-Bo, who is, apparently, happy to play with the Grizz, than wait and try and sign a player like Bosh, who would most likely not want to play here.

Bosh on Memphis would be great, but we've got to be realistic here. I think Z-Bo could be a great addition and at the moment he's a 20/10 player. I'd rather take my chances on Z-Bo than wait and fail at signing a big name and it looks like the FO feel the same way.

Scottish Pippen
07-02-2009, 06:04 AM
I feel sorry for Conley, having to feed three ballhogs like Mayo, Gay and Randolph is going to be a tough task. Memphis offense may consist of just one or two passes and a contested shot.

snipes12
07-02-2009, 09:01 AM
cmon guys , memphis are not winning with pau ..

pls ...

Mississippi
07-02-2009, 09:06 AM
I think the FO would rather take their chances and get a player like Z-Bo, who is, apparently, happy to play with the Grizz, than wait and try and sign a player like Bosh, who would most likely not want to play here.

Bosh on Memphis would be great, but we've got to be realistic here. I think Z-Bo could be a great addition and at the moment he's a 20/10 player. I'd rather take my chances on Z-Bo than wait and fail at signing a big name and it looks like the FO feel the same way.
I think you're just trying to be optimistic. A couple months ago you were against this trade and for now I am as well. I hope Zach proves me wrong but right now I'm pissed because I think we pulled the trigger too soon.

Kebab Stall
07-02-2009, 09:12 AM
I think you're just trying to be optimistic. A couple months ago you were against this trade and for now I am as well. I hope Zach proves me wrong but right now I'm pissed because I think we pulled the trigger too soon.
That's because we had to give up something ridiculous in return. I can't remember what it was at the moment, but it wasn't good. What do we give up here? QRich, who we got after trading Darko. So we basically got rid of Darko to make room for Thabeet and then get a 20/10 player to boot. Not bad.

I would have much rather had Lee, 100%, but then again, we all know how Heisley thinks.

Mississippi
07-02-2009, 09:18 AM
That's because we had to give up something ridiculous in return. I can't remember what it was at the moment, but it wasn't good. What do we give up here? QRich, who we got after trading Darko. So we basically got rid of Darko to make room for Thabeet and then get a 20/10 player to boot. Not bad.

I would have much rather had Lee, 100%, but then again, we all know how Heisley thinks.
We were in the running for Millsap though. We were one of the teams that could offer him the most money. I'd much rather have him. Hopefully Wallace uses the rest of the cap space to sign a backup point guard and a three point shooter.

Kebab Stall
07-02-2009, 09:21 AM
We were in the running for Millsap though. We were one of the teams that could offer him the most money. I'd much rather have him. Hopefully Wallace uses the rest of the cap space to sign a backup point guard and a three point shooter.
I didn't realise we were still in the running for Millsap, I thought OKC were going to offer him an absurd amount of money. That's why Lee became the target. Well, non of it matters now, we're stuck with Z-Bo.

A backup PG and a 3 point shooter and we'll have a solid bench.

DuMa
07-02-2009, 11:02 AM
clippers are thinking addition by subtraction. no more zbo!

RocketGreatness
07-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Good trade for both teams. Better for the Clippers though if you ask me. This now gives room for Blake Griffin to develop his game. He'll also have more playing time and freedom, unless Mike Dunleavy changes his mind for no reason. Grizzlies now get a power forward, something they've needed for a while. Hakim Warrick isn't going to cut it, Randolph is a great scorer and an above average rebounder. His defense is pretty poor however. Great trade for both teams.

Maniak
07-02-2009, 11:50 AM
:cry:

Dear Jesus,

No.

From your biggest fan,

Maniak

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Congrats Memphis, you get to witness Z-bo

D-Rose
07-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Thy dumped Pau Gasol's contract so they could pay Zach cancer Randolph the same length and money?

Wow that's one messed up organization :oldlol:

Kebab Stall
07-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Thy dumped Pau Gasol's contract so they could pay Zach cancer Randolph the same length and money?

Wow that's one messed up organization :oldlol:
Pau was traded, because the team were looking to rebuild and Pau didn't like that. So they put him in a winning situation, which he wanted and which he got.

The addition of Randolph seems like a financial move to me. Why would Heisley (who is all about saving money) want to hand out a 5 year contract for ridiculous amounts of money, when he can have a 2 year contract and get a proven 20/10 player, rather than waiting for potential to kick in?

This may not seem like the smartest move, but it's a move and, to me, it seems very financial driven, but then again, what's new there when you're dealing with Heisley. Hopefully this is part of a bigger picture.

Interminator
07-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Pau was traded, because the team were looking to rebuild and Pau didn't like that. So they put him in a winning situation, which he wanted and which he got.

The addition of Randolph seems like a financial move to me. Why would Heisley (who is all about saving money) want to hand out a 5 year contract for ridiculous amounts of money, when he can have a 2 year contract and get a proven 20/10 player, rather than waiting for potential to kick in?

This may not seem like the smartest move, but it's a move and, to me, it seems very financial driven, but then again, what's new there when you're dealing with Heisley. Hopefully this is part of a bigger picture.

I like your optimism, but I'm probably going to be watching this season with my hand covering my eyes.

I understand the point of not saving money currently to acquire any big name in 2010, because chances are that they wouldnt come without us overpaying.But Zach Randolph is like a hot hooker, it gets the job done but it comes with its side effects. We could've had Big Baby for less, and there is potential in him to get better over time considering how much he improved last season.

While Zach is 28 and has always put up empty stats and has been run out of 3 cities now, Very talented big man but rarely dominates as his numbers suggest and wants every offense run through him and plays like he has a green light to do as he pleases.:confusedshrug:

Did I mention, he is a dickhead off the court. I dont know if it was you or someone else that said the team didnt want Darius Miles around because they felt he might have a negative influence on OJ or Rudy, yet we acquire ZBO.:confusedshrug: *Insert ZBO, D-Miles car pic*

Kebab Stall
07-02-2009, 04:11 PM
I like your optimism, but I'm probably going to be watching this season with my hand covering my eyes.

I understand the point of not saving money currently to acquire any big name in 2010, because chances are that they wouldnt come without us overpaying.But Zach Randolph is like a hot hooker, it gets the job done but it comes with its side effects. We could've had Big Baby for less, and there is potential in him to get better over time considering how much he improved last season.

While Zach is 28 and has always put up empty stats and has been run out of 3 cities now, Very talented big man but rarely dominates as his numbers suggest and wants every offense run through him and plays like he has a green light to do as he pleases.:confusedshrug:

Did I mention, he is a dickhead off the court. I dont know if it was you or someone else that said the team didnt want Darius Miles around because they felt he might have a negative influence on OJ or Rudy, yet we acquire ZBO.:confusedshrug: *Insert ZBO, D-Miles car pic*
I actually liked the Miles signing. He didn't do much, but he was fine just playing 10 minutes a game, or whatever he got. He worked hard and didn't complain once, from my understanding.

I was reading something this morning that was saying that ZBo is actaully happy to come to Memphis and wants to be apart of the team. I posted the link over the Grizzlies forum.

Now, whether he's just saying that to make the FO happy, I don't know, but ZBo doesn't seem like the guy that would lie about that. Randolph, to me, seems like the kind of guy that, if he didn't want to play here, he would make that very clear.

I really do have some problems with bringing in ZBo though, but with some of the sh!t that Heisley and co. do, it's better ro just accept it and move on, because if we sat here and ranted about all the sh!t our FO has done, we'd give ourselves a heart attack.

NuggetsFan
07-02-2009, 07:00 PM
I wouldn't be happy if I were a Grizzlies fan. They have a solid young core don't know why they'd want to add Z-Bo.

Good move for the Clippers tho. Open up some more minutes for Blake.

blazerjimmy
07-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Well, if the Griz were to sign the Answer (Iverson is rumored to be interested), they'd look like this:

PG Iverson
SG Mayo
C Marc Gasol / Hasheem Thabeet
PF Zach Randolph
SF Rudy Gay

With good energy / skilled guys coming off the bench, like Hakim Warrick and Mike Conley Jr. Then they also have a promising young PF in Darrell Arthur and the Iranian center, Hamed Hadadi (something like that - he's 7'2 and I can't think of a single team in the league with a better 3rd big man - hell he's better than quite a few backup big men. Maybe with ZBo there, they'll bring back Darius Miles..............

Darius
07-03-2009, 11:06 AM
^ Clips got Deandre Jordan - better 3rd big man :)

blazerjimmy
07-03-2009, 11:47 AM
^ Clips got Deandre Jordan - better 3rd big man :)

Wow - with all the talk about Kaman, Camby, Randolph and Griffin, I had completely forgot about DeAndre Jordan - GOOD CATCH!!!

I wonder if, with him on board, the Clips will still try and move either Kaman or Camby....

bagelred
07-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Did Grizzlies get Quentin Richardson just to trade to Clippers, or did it just work out that way?

Kebab Stall
07-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Did Grizzlies get Quentin Richardson just to trade to Clippers, or did it just work out that way?
I think that was the plan all along. I think Darko was offered to the Clipps on draft night, but they obviously don't need yet another big man, so they declined. Memphis sent Darko to NY for QRich and then used QRich to get Randolph.

Don't take my word for it though, because I can't remember if I actually read that about what happened on draft night or whether I made it up.

Mississippi
07-03-2009, 12:46 PM
I think that was the plan all along. I think Darko was offered to the Clipps on draft night, but they obviously don't need yet another big man, so they declined. Memphis sent Darko to NY for QRich and then used QRich to get Randolph.

Don't take my word for it though, because I can't remember if I actually read that about what happened on draft night or whether I made it up.
No Marco Jaric was offered to the Clipps on draft night but the Clipps didn't want him back.

Kebab Stall
07-03-2009, 01:00 PM
No Marco Jaric was offered to the Clipps on draft night but the Clipps didn't want him back.
Oh, I knew someone was offered, but I wasn't sure who, I just guessed Darko.

Darius
07-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Wow - with all the talk about Kaman, Camby, Randolph and Griffin, I had completely forgot about DeAndre Jordan - GOOD CATCH!!!

I wonder if, with him on board, the Clips will still try and move either Kaman or Camby....

I think we'll see what we have in him this year to decide. He showed good potential last year but lets see if he can sustain it. I think he can be a Tyson Chandler type guy if he works hard.

As for ZBO... Memphis fans will see that his reputation is way overblown. Dude is a good player IMO.

bagelred
07-03-2009, 03:02 PM
It's a good trade for both teams. QRich is still a young and talented guy, even if grossly overpaid. And only one year left on contract.

I bet they can resign QRich next year at a cheap price if Clips still want him.

And for Grizz, they really only get Randolph for just an extra $7million this year (Z-Q=7)

33teeth
07-03-2009, 05:01 PM
It's a good trade for both teams. QRich is still a young and talented guy, even if grossly overpaid. And only one year left on contract.

And for Grizz, they really only get Randolph for just an extra $7million this year (Z-Q=7)

Cool. Would you like lung cancer or testicular cancer for the bargain price of $7 million this year?

bagelred
07-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Cool. Would you like lung cancer or testicular cancer for the bargain price of $7 million this year?

Hmmmm......can't decide..........Surprise me!!!!

ZeN
07-04-2009, 05:32 AM

This was a great move for the Clipps... but they still need a backup SG, cause Q wont be enough:hammerhead:

dab0yech0
07-04-2009, 05:38 AM
This was a great move for the Clipps... but they still need a backup SG, cause Q wont be enough:hammerhead:

Id like Fred Jones to come back, he plays hard every single night

ZeN
07-04-2009, 05:59 AM

I did like his effort last season, and he made some good things happen.. but dont you think hes too mediocre to be the direct second option at the SG??

Granted he would be a cheap option, considering that the roster is pretty much set. Hopefully the Clipps can aquire someone via trade...

dab0yech0
07-04-2009, 06:17 AM
I did like his effort last season, and he made some good things happen.. but dont you think hes too mediocre to be the direct second option at the SG??

Granted he would be a cheap option, considering that the roster is pretty much set. Hopefully the Clipps can aquire someone via trade...

Right now anything at SG looks better than Ricky Davis, hell I'd probably take Richie Frahms sorry ass, at least he makes his open jumpers.

ZeN
07-04-2009, 06:26 AM
Right now anything at SG looks better than Ricky Davis, hell I'd probably take Richie Frahms sorry ass, at least he makes his open jumpers.

Well once you mention Ricky it does change the whole landscape of the conversation.

Anyone>Ricky 'Tendenitis' Davis

Just no Dan Dickau please.. :D

qrich
07-04-2009, 02:26 PM

Devin Brown!

ZeN
07-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Devin Brown!

Best 'second rate' selection yet...:cheers:

brooks_thompson
07-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Randolph is really the best move a bottom rung team like Memphis can expect to make right now. He's a risk, but probably an overblown one. At least they should crack 30-35 wins this year for a change.

MiseryCityTexas
07-05-2009, 09:46 PM
how the hell did ricky davis fall off that fast. i remember just yesterday when he was a rookie in charlotte, dude was a crowd favorite because he brought energy off the bench. now that dude is just a cancer, no matter what team he plays on.:banghead:

Mavwreck
07-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Damn, Zach is one ugly dude.

http://www.rotorob.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/Zach_Randolph.jpg

I should've included him in my list of 20 Ugliest NBA Players of All Time (http://creativebrief.thoughtdistrict.com/2009/06/the-20-ugliest-nba-players-of-all-time/)

Here's a taste:

http://creativebrief.thoughtdistrict.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/wang1.jpg

http://creativebrief.thoughtdistrict.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/sabonis.jpg

bagelred
07-09-2009, 02:43 PM
So is this trade official or what? What's everyone waiting for?

Mississippi
07-09-2009, 02:47 PM
So is this trade official or what? What's everyone waiting for?
I think we have to buyout Stackhouse's contract first. I wish we could rescind. :ohwell:

Al Thornton
07-09-2009, 05:19 PM
I should've included him in my list of 20 Ugliest NBA Players of All Time (http://creativebrief.thoughtdistrict.com/2009/06/the-20-ugliest-nba-players-of-all-time/)

Here's a taste:

http://creativebrief.thoughtdistrict.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/wang1.jpg

http://creativebrief.thoughtdistrict.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/sabonis.jpg

:roll: funny ****

adiedanny
07-09-2009, 06:45 PM
I think we have to buyout Stackhouse's contract first. I wish we could rescind. :ohwell:
Correct. The four team deal has to be completed and Stackhouse non guaranteed waived. If the Clippers trade was executed first the four team would not have worked because Memphis could not obsorb Stackhouse's contract. They can now waive him and only have around 2 mil count against the cap.

jailer
07-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Randolph is really the best move a bottom rung team like Memphis can expect to make right now. He's a risk, but probably an overblown one. At least they should crack 30-35 wins this year for a change.
For a change? Does no one remember that the grizzlies were a fifty win club for three straight years until we had injury and chemistry problems.

Maniak
07-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Mavwreck

Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
The website at creativebrief.thoughtdistrict.com contains elements from the site calid.org, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for calid.org.
Learn more about how to protect yourself from harmful software online.

I'll pass on that.

Grinder
05-02-2011, 12:56 AM
:lol

LilBTheBasedGod
05-07-2011, 08:34 PM
:bowdown:

Shade8780
05-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Bumpity bump :lol :lol

Shade8780
05-28-2013, 12:27 PM