PDA

View Full Version : The Memphis Grizzlies Are The 3rd Best Team In The West.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-03-2009, 08:14 PM
If they get Allen Iverson. Wow Memphis has done a hell of a job if they can get AI.

Of Course the Lakers and Spurs are # 1 and #2. But I see the Nuggets, Blazers, Grizzlies fighting for the #3, #4, # 5 spots.

Look at the Grizzlies lineup

PG: Allen Iverson ( A future Hall of Famer can still get you 20+ PPG when healthy easily while dishing out 7 assists and he has alot of haters on ISh and across the world so he will be eagered to prove them wrong)

SG: O.J. Mayo ( What can't we say about him a future 30 ppg scorer, he is like a Mini Kobe a..... 6'4 Mamba)

SF: Rudy Gay ( 6'9 with a 7'2 Wingspan and a 38 vertical. If he gets his head together there is no reason why he can't be the 3rd best SF in the league next season no reason at all. He can shoot put the ball on the floor attack the rim.)

PF: Zach Randolph- ( 20 and 10 machine. He has a lot of haters saying he is a chucker, but damn he shot the ball 17 times in 35 mins of play that isnt that much)

C: Marc Gasol- ( a lot of size, great hands of the pick and roll, has a nice back to the basket game

Key Bench Players:

PG: Mike Conley Jr - has been a bust so far, but improved alot the last 2 months of the season averaging 14 pts 5 assists 5 rebs great of the bench)

SG/SF:Sam Young- A monster scorer coming out of Pitt still don't know how they got him

C: Hasheem Thabeet- 7'3 tall, with a 7'6 wingspan can make a immediate impact on the defensive side blocking shots left and right. #2 Pick the Draft

C: Haddidi- 7'2 showed a few flashes of brillance last season i am talking about the GSW game where haddadi had 10 pts 8 rebs in 9 mins going 3-3 from the field all dunks

Rotation:

PG: Allen Iverson/ Mike Conley Jr./ O.J. Mayo
SG: O.J. Mayo/ Allen Iverson/ Sam Young
SF: Rudy Gay/ Sam Young
PF: Zach Randolph/ Darrell Arthur/ Marc Gasol
C: Marc Gasol/ Hasheem Thabeet/ Haddidi

The Haters say- Well they are all chuckers Iverson, Mayo, Gay, Randolph they will be no ball movement just black holes chucking

BS they all get a bad rap for being chuckers when they are not

Iverson- 14.7 shots per game in 35 mins of play. Not that high

Mayo- attempted 15.7 shots per game in 38 mins of play, Compare that with Derrick Rose's 14.9 shots per game in 37 mins of play. They shoot the ball almost identical and nobody calls Rose a chucker. That is a myth we saw false this year.

Randolph- 17.8 FGA in 35 mins of play on 48% shooting. not that much of a chucker

Gay- 16.0 FGA in 37 mins of play which really isn't that high.

When you combined that that is 60.2 FGA. The average team attempts about 80 FGA a game. I don't expect Randolph or AI to shoot that much. So they will be plenty of shots to get both Mayo and Gay up to 20 FGA. Not mention the high pace they should play with AI running point.

Keys to a Successful team-

Need a Passer, A Scorer, A 3pt Shooter, A Sidekick, A Perimeter Defender ( The Pippen- Ariza Affect), Low Post Option, Low Post/ Interior Defense, A Closer. That is all you need it really is just look at this years lakers.

Passer- Mike Conley Jr.
Scorer- O.J. Mayo
SideKick- Rudy Gay
Perimeter Defender ( Pippen-Ariza Affect)- Rudy Gay
Low Post Option- Marc Gasol
Low Post/Interior Defense- Hasheem Thabeet
Closer- Allen Iverson

Waiting for the haters response in 5, 4,3, 2, 1 ............ GO.

brandonislegend
07-03-2009, 08:15 PM
As a grizzlies fan, I think you fail life.

Bigsmoke
07-03-2009, 08:17 PM
remember the Clippers?

Foster5k
07-03-2009, 08:21 PM
1.Lakers
2.Spurs
3.Nuggets

Atomic DOG
07-03-2009, 08:23 PM
remember the Clippers?

Approximately 25 of the CLippers losses last year can be directly attributed to being coached by Mike Dunleavy. If the Grizzlies coach even has a basic level of competence, they are already well ahead of where the Clippers were.

Let me tell you this, if the Grizzlies can trade Rudy Gay for a more well rounded, defensive small forward, this team could surprise some people. They'd probably need to add more depth as well but given their cap situation, maybe they throw $ at a very underrated Brandon Bass, and this could be a very underrated sleeper team.

Randolph is gonna look good next to Marc Gasol. Randolph can score consistently in the post. He'll open up outside shots for Mayo. Gasol is a big, physical guy who gives them muscle in the paint and work well next to Zach. Mike Conley from what I know is a capable distributor and capable scorer, not necessarily excelling overwhelmingly at either one. But if you allow Zach and Mayo to be your primary scorers, have Conley distribute, get a SF who can hit the open jumper and guard the other teams best player, and Gasol clean up garbage, THEN you have Iverson off the bench with Brandon Bass and Hasheem Thabeet? That's a team that could at least be in the running for a final playoff seed right till the finish, even if they may not necessarily make it. It could be a quality squad if coached right.

Auka
07-03-2009, 08:33 PM
They're that great and needed 2 threads.

Lebron23Jordan
07-03-2009, 08:34 PM
grizzlies suck

Foster5k
07-03-2009, 08:43 PM

Knicks > Grizzlies

darius15
07-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Toronto is the 3rd best team in the East if they get Iverson and Hedo, and trade Anthony Parker to Cleveland for Mo Williams.:rolleyes:

Killbot
07-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Hi LilOJMayo.

jecee101
07-03-2009, 09:33 PM
wow man are you serious. we dont even know how well they'll play together yet. and i dont know about this team defensively

Kebab Stall
07-04-2009, 03:51 AM
If we get Iverson and keep Randolph, we would be the worst team in the entire league, by so f*cking far it wouldn't even funny. The NBA may aswell just tell the team to f*ck off, because this kind of crap doesn't belong in the NBA.

In the NBA, you're suppose to try and win, not create the most disfunctional f*cking team you can, that will be lucky to win 20 games and average any assists at all (but then again, who needs assists? they're overrated). Heisley is a f*cking retard. I thought he had finally changed his ways after the draft, to try and turn this team around, but no, he goes and gets Randolph and now there are rumours of Iverson coming here.

The FO of this team makes me sick. We either need a new owner or someone needs to knock that f*cker out and lock him in a small room until the offseason is over.

Lebron23
07-04-2009, 04:31 AM
They need to hire Avery Johnson. He's going to implement the San Antonio Spurs System, and Memphis will become a great defensive team in the Regular Season.

The Dallas Mavericks were the best defensive Team in the NBA under Coach Avery Johnson.

The Grizzlies has a lot of potential, but they need to find a good coach.

Butters
07-04-2009, 04:43 AM
grizzlies suck

Ya know what,You suck.Miss negative nancy.

Go Grizz!

ronnymac
07-04-2009, 08:20 AM
You cant be serious:oldlol:

xx03xx
07-04-2009, 08:32 AM
you are stupid you are forgetting about denver

NotYetGreat
07-04-2009, 08:39 AM
You make some points, but no, or at least not yet.

bigkingsfan
07-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Maybe in NBA 2k10

xOShakespearexO
07-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Maybe in NBA 2k10

If they get this lineup they will be probably a top 5 most used team online. I can see cheeser now putting using this lineup to use

OJ at 1
Gay at 2
Haddidi, Gasol, Thabeet at 3,4,5

They will shoot 3s with Mayo, Dunk with Gay, and block any shot in the paint with the 7'0-7'3 big men.

rosonviyavong
07-04-2009, 04:42 PM
maybe a playoff team but 3rd in west ...fail

magnax1
07-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Lol, third best no. Might make the playoffs if they are coached well, and figure out whos the 1st 2nd and 3rd options. This team would just have to many selfish scorers on it and to many players who hate to play D. Its really up to there coach to make them play d.

ZHAKIDD532
07-04-2009, 05:22 PM
AI stinks now. He makes them worse.

AAckley1
07-04-2009, 06:43 PM
There are holes everywhere in this post.

Rudy Gay, 3rd best SF in the league? :lol

Did LeBron, Carmelo, Durant, Granger, Artest, Pierce, Iggypop, GWall, and Turk all get onto a bus and drive off a cliff?

BlazersDozen
07-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Yes, signing Allen Iverson will make them awesome!

Jesus...does anybody learn anything from Iverson's career and putting him in the same line up as Gay and Mayo would be horrible. Not only for developing the two guys but because of the clash of egos which reports said was kind of already happening between Mayo and Gay last season.

Adding Iverson would be retarded. The only good fit for A.I. is with the Bobcats where they have no primary offensive player in place and they will surround him with a bunch of defenders in the starting line up.

poido123
07-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Some organisations will always remain suck, as they will only ever attract the players that no other teams want...Grizzlies now have 3 ball hogs and now they want to add 4 in AI? Grizzlies are going nowhere for a long time, and Thabeet is just another Dalembert, picked as a top 2 pick, nice drafting Grizzlies you bunch of rejects!!

adiedanny
07-04-2009, 11:06 PM
If we get Iverson and keep Randolph, we would be the worst team in the entire league, by so f*cking far it wouldn't even funny. The NBA may aswell just tell the team to f*ck off, because this kind of crap doesn't belong in the NBA.

In the NBA, you're suppose to try and win, not create the most disfunctional f*cking team you can, that will be lucky to win 20 games and average any assists at all (but then again, who needs assists? they're overrated). Heisley is a f*cking retard. I thought he had finally changed his ways after the draft, to try and turn this team around, but no, he goes and gets Randolph and now there are rumours of Iverson coming here.

The FO of this team makes me sick. We either need a new owner or someone needs to knock that f*cker out and lock him in a small room until the offseason is over.
More important where did you get that great avatar?

D.J.
07-04-2009, 11:12 PM
The Grizzlies are too young to be that high, especially in an extremely competitive Western Conference. In addition, you have two players that love to shoot(Mayo and Randolph). The best case scenario is the Grizzlies are a low seed playoff team. Even then, we have seen over the past few seasons that even the seventh and eighth seeds are winning around 50 games.

KeylessEntry
07-04-2009, 11:13 PM
The Grizzlies may well be the 3rd best team in the west, which would make the Warriors and Clippers #1 and 2 in the west.

Hiei
07-04-2009, 11:53 PM
The Grizzlies will be fighting to not be the last team in the West...

wang4three
07-04-2009, 11:56 PM
I'm curious to find out what the OP thinks the two best teams in the West are.

Hiei
07-05-2009, 12:40 AM

So you didn't make it to the 2nd line of the post?

Maniak
07-05-2009, 12:52 AM
You have no idea what you're talking about. Im sad you call yourself a Grizzlies fan. We are lottery bound again, and if we do get AI, we're phucked.

xOShakespearexO
07-05-2009, 01:42 AM

If they get Allen Iverson. Wow Memphis has done a hell of a job if they can get AI.

Of Course the Lakers and Spurs are # 1 and #2. But I see the Nuggets, Blazers, Grizzlies fighting for the #3, #4, # 5 spots

Wang4Three stopped reading this nonsense after the first line. :lol

hawkfan
07-05-2009, 01:49 AM
The Grizzlies would have been better trading for Carlos Boozer or signing David Lee instead of trading for Zach Randolph.

Terrible trade by the Grizzlies to get Randolph.

Kebab Stall
07-05-2009, 05:10 AM
More important where did you get that great avatar?
I found and image on google images, but it was pretty plain and boring. It just had red hair. So I put it in photoshop and made an animated gif with as many colours as I could be bothered with putting in. I think it turned out quite well.

FIXED
07-05-2009, 04:28 PM
agree with the op/

wang4three
07-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Wang4Three stopped reading this nonsense after the first line. :lol

Yes I did.

Rashard
07-05-2009, 05:29 PM
While I wouldnt go so far as to say they are the 3rd best team in the West, they are quietly putting together a very nice team. Their GM took alot of heat with the Gasol trade to LA, but the guy has made some nice moves. I love them drafting Thabeet. It completes the starting 5 I think they should go with.

Thabeet at the 5
Gasol at the 4
Gay at the 3
Mayo at the 2
Conley at the 1

Oddly enough that starting 5 would be composed of players they all drafted or traded for on draft night. They dont need Iverson. They just need experience and time to grow as a team. The Grizzlies have a very bright future.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Is this thread forreal?

twolvesfan
07-05-2009, 05:38 PM

Of Course the Lakers and Spurs are # 1 and #2. But I see the Nuggets, Blazers, Grizzlies fighting for the #3, #4, # 5 spots.

PG: Allen Iverson ( A future Hall of Famer can still get you 20+ PPG when healthy easily while dishing out 7 assists and he has alot of haters on ISh and across the world so he will be eagered to prove them wrong)

SG: O.J. Mayo ( What can't we say about him a future 30 ppg scorer, he is like a Mini Kobe a..... 6'4 Mamba)

SF: Rudy Gay ( 6'9 with a 7'2 Wingspan and a 38 vertical. If he gets his head together there is no reason why he can't be the 3rd best SF in the league next season no reason at all. He can shoot put the ball on the floor attack the rim.)

PF: Zach Randolph- ( 20 and 10 machine. He has a lot of haters saying he is a chucker, but damn he shot the ball 17 times in 35 mins of play that isnt that much)

C: Marc Gasol- ( a lot of size, great hands of the pick and roll, has a nice back to the basket game

Key Bench Players:

PG: Mike Conley Jr - has been a bust so far, but improved alot the last 2 months of the season averaging 14 pts 5 assists 5 rebs great of the bench)

SG/SF:Sam Young- A monster scorer coming out of Pitt still don't know how they got him

C: Hasheem Thabeet- 7'3 tall, with a 7'6 wingspan can make a immediate impact on the defensive side blocking shots left and right. #2 Pick the Draft

C: Haddidi- 7'2 showed a few flashes of brillance last season i am talking about the GSW game where haddadi had 10 pts 8 rebs in 9 mins going 3-3 from the field all dunks

Rotation:

The Haters say- Well they are all chuckers Iverson, Mayo, Gay, Randolph they will be no ball movement just black holes chucking

Mayo- attempted 15.7 shots per game in 38 mins of play, Compare that with Derrick Rose's 14.9 shots per game in 37 mins of play. They shoot the ball almost identical and nobody calls Rose a chucker. That is a myth we saw false this year.

Randolph- 17.8 FGA in 35 mins of play on 48% shooting. not that much of a chucker

When you combined that that is 60.2 FGA. The average team attempts about 80 FGA a game. I don't expect Randolph or AI to shoot that much. So they will be plenty of shots to get both Mayo and Gay up to 20 FGA. Not mention the high pace they should play with AI running point.

Need a Passer, A Scorer, A 3pt Shooter, A Sidekick, A Perimeter Defender ( The Pippen- Ariza Affect), Low Post Option, Low Post/ Interior Defense, A Closer. That is all you need it really is just look at this years lakers.

Passer- Mike Conley Jr.
Scorer- O.J. Mayo
SideKick- Rudy Gay
Closer- Allen Iverson

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5910/derpe.png (http://img37.imageshack.us/i/derpe.png/)

SmackOrH.A.K
07-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Griz got Iverson?

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-05-2009, 06:42 PM
No

Skyscraper
07-05-2009, 07:52 PM
perhaps 3rd best at missing practice, what with Iverson not understanding how to make his teammates better through practice and Randolph/Gasol eating Krispy Kreme donuts

MiseryCityTexas
07-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Knicks > Grizzlies
i seriously disagree.

FIXED
07-06-2009, 03:09 PM
i seriously disagree.

Knicks are going nowhere this year. They still don't even have a franchise player yet. They better hope they get LeBron in 2010.

twolvesfan
07-06-2009, 03:14 PM
i seriously disagree.
nah. grizzlies >>>>>>> knicks.

FIXED
07-07-2009, 12:05 AM
nah. grizzlies >>>>>>> knicks.

Knicks need LeBron or they are doomed. Maybe they can get Rubio some how.

Batman
07-07-2009, 03:56 PM
The Grizzlies would have been better trading for Carlos Boozer or signing David Lee instead of trading for Zach Randolph.

Terrible trade by the Grizzlies to get Randolph.

Only time will tell.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-12-2009, 08:19 PM
watching our young guys right now for the first time in summer leauge Hasheem Thabeet, Sam Young, Demarre Carol

I expect Thabeet to control the middle get blocks and rebounds. I expect Carol to be a hustle player, and Young to just bring the 5 mins OJ Mayo is on the bench scoring on the court.

LOL at westbrook playing summer league again.

MaxFly
07-12-2009, 08:21 PM
1.Lakers
2.Spurs
3.Nuggets

Yup...

And we can even agrue the Mavs may make a move to the top three with Marion...

imdaman99
07-12-2009, 08:26 PM
YEAH, and the Knicks are the 4th best in the East :lol

rezznor
07-12-2009, 08:30 PM
lakers, dallas, san antonio, portland, utah, denver are all better then memphis

Hiei
07-12-2009, 08:46 PM
As amusing as it would be to watch a Grizzlies vs Lakers playoff it won't happen. They will be fighting to not get worst record in NBA.

FIXED
07-13-2009, 12:24 PM
As amusing as it would be to watch a Grizzlies vs Lakers playoff it won't happen. They will be fighting to not get worst record in NBA.

Anything is Possible.

Mississippi
07-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Is this guy lilojmayo?

FIXED
07-13-2009, 03:41 PM
Is this guy lilojmayo?

No. He doesn't like Brandon Jennings. liloj thought Jennings should have been the top pick in this draft. liloj also likes curry, while the OP hates curry. They have love the the juicemonster and it ends there.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
01-05-2010, 10:21 AM
we have the 2nd best record in the west in the last 23 games only behind LA.
bump, haters.

chains5000
01-05-2010, 10:25 AM
we have the 2nd best record in the west in the last 23 games only behind LA.
bump, haters.
Yet you're still the 11th seed in the West.
bump, idiot

O.J A 6'4Mamba
01-06-2010, 01:50 AM
Yet you're still the 11th seed in the West.
bump, idiot

Another for W us. won 7 of our last 8. currently in 9th place in the West 17-16. We keep laughing at haters now. Beat Portland at Portland. Down 8 with 3 minutes left OJ Mayo took over. 27 points. a clutch almost steal of B-Roy foul won the game. How did Rose and company do another loss what is new.

OJ Mayo and Z-Bo should be all stars this year.
Haters keep hating because we aren't stopping this winning streak.

Kingsfans818
01-06-2010, 01:53 AM
Memphis has been VERY VERY impressive lately, just won road games against the Suns,Nuggets,and Blazers...

henbus33
01-06-2010, 01:54 AM
Another for W us. won 7 of our last 8. currently in 9th place in the West 17-16. We keep laughing at haters now. Beat Portland at Portland. Down 8 with 3 minutes left OJ Mayo took over. 27 points. a clutch almost steal of B-Roy foul won the game. How did Rose and company do another loss what is new.

stop with the "hater this hater that" talk. what are you 12? But yeah, i like your team a lot. they are good and they are exciting to watch, a rare combination.

Trademan
01-06-2010, 02:02 AM

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

CONGRATS, YOU BET A TEAM WITH 6 PLAYERS OUT INJURED

oh the horror
01-06-2010, 02:08 AM
I like how this guy acts like there is some grand conspiracy against the Grizzlies....Like they have "haters" at all.

Dude, no one cares enough about Memphis for them to have "haters"

Most people are pretty indifferent to them.

brandonislegend
01-06-2010, 03:21 AM

CONGRATS, YOU BET A TEAM WITH 6 PLAYERS OUT INJURED

They have won games with players out also...

lilojmayo
01-16-2010, 05:25 AM
Another W easy win put up 135 points . 20-18. 2nd best record in the west these last 29. Ball Don't lie. Our starters talent wise are the 2nd most talented starting 5 in the entire league besides Lakers and again Ball Don't lie it is starting to show.

Seriously how are you going to beat a team where our starters play less than 30 minutes tonight and put this statline.

Conley 7/12 18 points 8 assists
Mayo 8/11 20 points 7 assists
Gay 8/16 21 points 5 assists
Randolph 8/12 20 points 12 rebounds
Gasol 6/7 12 points 10 boards

Team Assists: 33.

And you guys said we were all blackholes. We have been using our athletism to make some teams we play into a team dunk contest.

We are 0 games back from the 8th spot now in the Loss column. It is a tie. now between Houston, Thunder, and us.

We are only 4 games back of the 4th seed to the Spurs. We haven't played the Spurs or Houston yet this year and let me tell you both of those teams don't match up well with us. We could legitally get as high as the 3rd seed come April. Ball Don't lie.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
01-16-2010, 04:08 PM
we are too good now, it is almost getting boring. We are playing the best basketball in the West now, better than the Lakers.

Myth
01-16-2010, 04:33 PM
we are too good now, it is almost getting boring. We are playing the best basketball in the West now, better than the Lakers.

Ok, enjoy your championship this year then :oldlol:

O.J A 6'4Mamba
01-16-2010, 04:39 PM

deep down every laker fan was scared to play us first round. They are breathing a sigh of relief that we will get one of the top 5 seeds if this continues. So we just have to delay the inevitable which is an upset. There is no team out west that we can't beat in 7 games none. We are just too talented.

phoenix18
01-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Egg on face.:oldlol:

Myth
01-16-2010, 04:41 PM
:roll:

MeLO MvP 15
01-16-2010, 04:58 PM
deep down every laker fan was scared to play us first round. They are breathing a sigh of relief that we will get one of the top 5 seeds if this continues. So we just have to delay the inevitable which is an upset. There is no team out west that we can't beat in 7 games none. We are just too talented.
your an idiot....

defense wins playoff games... wouldnt be surpised to see the grizz get swept in the playoffs, that is if they make it...

TheGreatDeraj
01-16-2010, 06:11 PM

The possible 8 seed that scares this Laker fan is Houston. Then the Thunder, then grizzlies and finally clippers.

Nets fan 93
01-16-2010, 08:35 PM
If you were a grizzly fan you would be excited too.

04mzwach
01-16-2010, 08:41 PM

Key Bench Players:

Rotation:

Passer- Mike Conley Jr.
Scorer- O.J. Mayo
SideKick- Rudy Gay
Closer- Allen Iverson

You have some good points. They are top five for me right now. I mean, they blew out my t-wolves. Who does that? :confusedshrug:

spursdynasty420
01-16-2010, 08:43 PM
memphis will have its chance at the spurs tonight

O.J A 6'4Mamba
01-16-2010, 10:16 PM

Spurs announcers just said" OJ is like a mini Kobe that is still developing his game, he is just a little bit smaller" OJ, There goes that 6'4 Mamba

O.J A 6'4Mamba
01-16-2010, 11:35 PM
Yawn. This is seriously getting boring. I just want to play the Lakers in the playoffs the rest of the teams in the west cant compete with us.

We were up 10-14 points the entire night against the Spurs. We fell asleep litreally at the end up 12 with 3 minutes left. Spurs hit a few 3s. cut it to 1. with 40 seconds left. Z-bo scores. up 3. We decide to play defense stop you guys. Give it to Mayo foul. Mayo makes both, we get another stop game.

Were too good. :pimp:

BlazersDozen
01-16-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm still standing by my "Will leave ISH if Memphis wins 50 games" bet.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
01-16-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm still standing by my "Will leave ISH if Memphis wins 50 games" bet.

lol at fans. I have that thread bookmarked. It wasn't 50 games. It was if Memphis makes the playoffs. Say bye bye to your username.

GreatGreg
01-16-2010, 11:41 PM
lol at fans. I have that thread bookmarked. It wasn't 50 games. It was if Memphis makes the playoffs. Say bye bye to your username.
Can you bump that thread, please?

Quizno
01-16-2010, 11:58 PM
it might take 50 wins to make the playoffs in the west this year.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
01-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Can you bump that thread, please?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146605

If Memphis makes Playoffs I Quit ISH thread.

Myth
01-17-2010, 08:20 PM
If you were a grizzly fan you would be excited too.

There is a difference between excited about doing well and claiming the nonsense he does. I'm excited the Blazers are doing well despite injuries, but people would think I'm ridiculous if I started claiming "Blazers killing contenders with an injured squad. Once our players start returning, we are championship favorites and only haters can say otherwise." Thats the type of over the top bullsh!t that this "OJ" fan spews onto his keyboard.

momo
01-17-2010, 09:00 PM
Interesting as they have 9 teams with an equal or better record. I will have to keep this type of reasoning in mind next time the lakers have to rebuild.

"Aside from the record and quality of the roster, the lakers are GREAT!"

O.J A 6'4Mamba
01-17-2010, 09:27 PM
There is a difference between excited about doing well and claiming the nonsense he does. I'm excited the Blazers are doing well despite injuries, but people would think I'm ridiculous if I started claiming "Blazers killing contenders with an injured squad. Once our players start returning, we are championship favorites and only haters can say otherwise." Thats the type of over the top bullsh!t that this "OJ" fan spews onto his keyboard.

Ball Don't Lie. Since Dec 1 we have been the best team in the NBA record wise beating every powerhouse that steps in our way. We are tied with LA and hold the tie breaker vs the Cavs since we beat them

Cavs 18-6 .750

Lakers 18-6 .750

Grizz 15-6 .714

Celtics 14-7 .667

Utahjazzforlife
01-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Utah Jazz > Memphis

2-1

120-93 Jazz

117-94 Jazz

91-89 Memphis

Jazz beat the Lakers, Memphis hasnt.

So Jazz are the 3rd best team in the conference

3-0 vs spurs this season.
Jazz have won at Dallas, Memphis hasnt

My Logic> Yours

O.J A 6'4Mamba
01-18-2010, 09:22 PM
is there a starting lineup more talented than the Grizzlies. Not even the Lakers at this point are more talented.
We are the only team to have 3 guys scoring 18 or more points a game. Tonight Mayo 28 points, Gay 31 points, Z-bo 27 points. Now that's a big 3.

22-18. Playoff bound team.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
01-19-2010, 01:37 PM
just looked at the standings we are only 4.5 games back of 2nd place. :banana:

LA_Showtime
01-19-2010, 01:40 PM
Count me as a doubter. I don't think OJ Mayo will be the second coming of Kobe. He's smaller and doesn't have the exposion young Kobe had.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
01-25-2010, 11:48 PM
another win against a powerhouse Magic. 11 straight wins at home. When do we play Lakers cause they are next on OJ Mamba's list.

asu77golf
01-26-2010, 12:13 AM
All this for a team 5 games over .500?

3rd best? :oldlol:

Lakers
Denver
Dallas
Portland
San Antonio

and probably Utah all win in a 7 game series.

Memphis is 7th in the West :rolleyes:

MiseryCityTexas
01-26-2010, 12:52 AM
Count me as a doubter. I don't think OJ Mayo will be the second coming of Kobe. He's smaller and doesn't have the exposion young Kobe had.

oj mayo's game reminds me of joe dumars without the great defense and midrange game. if mayo shoot more midrange jumpers when hes wide open, dude can be a deadly player.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
01-26-2010, 02:15 AM
All this for a team 5 games over .500?

3rd best? :oldlol:

Lakers
Denver
Dallas
Portland
San Antonio

and probably Utah all win in a 7 game series.

Memphis is 7th in the West :rolleyes:

Ball Don't Lie. You kidding me. Portland doesn't have the talent we have. I still don't know how they are winning games I expected them to be where the Suns are. We beat them twice i their house Ball Don't Lie. San Antonio yawn beat them. Haven't beaten Lakers we are the top 2 teams though out west should be a battle.

Dallas is going to be a tough matchup for us other than the Lakers this is the only team i am somewhat amused by.

Denver i would love to play your denver squad any round of the playoffs that has 4-2 win for us writting all over it. Zbo went 30-20 on your weak inside D. Even Thabeet got his that game. Mayo has proven that Billiups can't guard him to save his life . Rudy Gay can't guard Melo, but he can sure score on Melo. I would want that series 10 out of 10 days if i had to pick against any of the so called teams better than us.

asu77golf
01-26-2010, 02:30 AM
Ball Don't Lie. You kidding me. Portland doesn't have the talent we have. I still don't know how they are winning games I expected them to be where the Suns are. We beat them twice i their house Ball Don't Lie. San Antonio yawn beat them. Haven't beaten Lakers we are the top 2 teams though out west should be a battle.

Dallas is going to be a tough matchup for us other than the Lakers this is the only team i am somewhat amused by.

Denver i would love to play your denver squad any round of the playoffs that has 4-2 win for us writting all over it. Zbo went 30-20 on your weak inside D. Even Thabeet got his that game. Mayo has proven that Billiups can't guard him to save his life . Rudy Gay can't guard Melo, but he can sure score on Melo. I would want that series 10 out of 10 days if i had to pick against any of the so called teams better than us.

No doubt Memphis is playing great ball and you have beat some great squads this year, again.. no doubt Memphis is legit. However, while Memphis has won 24 games, they've lost 19. Are you just... overlooking that? Do those not count?

brandonislegend
01-26-2010, 03:32 AM
No doubt Memphis is playing great ball and you have beat some great squads this year, again.. no doubt Memphis is legit. However, while Memphis has won 24 games, they've lost 19. Are you just... overlooking that? Do those not count?

??? they added zbo and needed time to mesh...

they had no idea what the hell they were doing the first couple weeks if you watch the games they weren't even running offense, now they all are adapting to each other and its showing.

NuggetsFan
01-26-2010, 04:32 AM
L.A
Denver
Dallas

Not even going to argue for the other teams that are better than the Grizzlies ..but there's no way at this point that the Grizzlies are better than those 3 teams.

24-19\7-3 in your last 10\Win diff of +0.2\7-14 on the road doesn't get you the claim of being the 3rd best in the West. They have no bench ..and there main guys have been healthy all year. I never thought they would have made the PO this year but looks like they might prove me wrong but they've still got aways to go.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
01-28-2010, 11:45 AM
25-19 beat the pistons yesterday

Maniak
01-28-2010, 11:46 AM
What a great accomplishment

Killuminati90
01-28-2010, 11:48 AM
- Lakers
- Nuggets
- Dallas
- Utah Jazz
- Spurs
- Portland

And now my friend, GTFO here and dont create more useless threads like this.

boozehound
01-28-2010, 11:49 AM
way to go. THey are a good squad (and certainly better than their record considering how they started the season), but nowhere near contenders or 3rd best in the east. They will lose in the first round. But hey, at least they should make the playoffs.

NugzFan
01-28-2010, 01:36 PM

:rolleyes:

TROLL_HUNTER
01-28-2010, 05:01 PM
saying 3rd is a bit over the top.... we can discuss 5th for example. Looking at the starters id say yes. 4 players are borderline allstar level (Guy, Mayo, Gasol and Z-bo) the problem is the bench mob. its not very likely that the before mentioned ones will keep up the great pace they are having so if they are to be assisted by the bench guys the discussion falls dead

Anaximandro1
01-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Menphis look great,sure,but the 3rd best team in the West?.I don't know.

thejumpa
01-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Do they have a shot at one of the guys in the 2010 FA class? Memphis has a lot of talent....RARE talent. They are a couple of players away from being serious contenders...or atleast 3rd best in the West.

Poodle
01-28-2010, 05:45 PM
they still need to upgrade from conley to be an elite team imo. i swear he's their biggest weakness in the starting 5, even if he's supposedly their best 3pt shooter, but its kind of like kidd being the mav's best 3 pt shooter, which is more a matter of teams not respecting their shots and leaving them wide open to shoot it.

brooks_thompson
01-28-2010, 05:56 PM
they still need to upgrade from conley to be an elite team imo. i swear he's their biggest weakness in the starting 5, even if he's supposedly their best 3pt shooter, but its kind of like kidd being the mav's best 3 pt shooter, which is more a matter of teams not respecting their shots and leaving them wide open to shoot it.

the more i watch conley, the more i realize he is the perfect point guard for the team. tinsley is a sufficient backup.

they need two things: a true 6th man, and thabeet to stay on the floor long enough to give both gasol and randolph some rest (both of those guys playing 40+ minutes a game can't last forever).

Poodle
01-28-2010, 06:03 PM
the more i watch conley, the more i realize he is the perfect point guard for the team. tinsley is a sufficient backup.

they need two things: a true 6th man, and thabeet to stay on the floor long enough to give both gasol and randolph some rest (both of those guys playing 40+ minutes a game can't last forever).

conley gets abused by top pg's. he's so scrawny he can't defend them physically. he plays well against lesser competition but if memphis wants to improve thats where i would improve them. his shot is also very wishy washy, and his choice in floor generaling has a lot to criticize imo, even if he can fit passes in tiny holes, a lot of times there are easier/better passes to make.

i actually like thabeet. i thought he was a bust initially but after watching him he's really mobile athletic and brings that shot blocking presence they don't really have. he was a great pick for them imo since they're pretty well rounded everywhere else.

brooks_thompson
01-28-2010, 09:55 PM
[QUOTE=Poodle]conley gets abused by top pg's. he's so scrawny he can't defend them physically. he plays well against lesser competition but if memphis wants to improve thats where i would improve them. his shot is also very wishy washy, and his choice in floor generaling has a lot to criticize imo, even if he can fit passes in tiny holes, a lot of times there are easier/better passes to make.

i actually like thabeet. i thought he was a bust initially but after watching him he's really mobile athletic and brings that shot blocking presence they don't really have. he was a great pick for them imo since they're pretty well rounded everywhere else.[/QUOTE

you have a point about conley, but long term i think he fits cause mem should be able to retain him starting at around only 4 mil, giving them a better chance to retain the big 4.

as for thabeet, i really like him going forward...even now hes an instant difference maker on defense. im tired of the uninformed bagging on the pick. its time for those folks to go bag on jordan hill

Myth
03-16-2010, 01:09 AM
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeump!

O.J A 6'4Mamba
04-30-2011, 07:05 AM
:applause:

wally_world
04-30-2011, 07:19 AM
They COULD be the 3rd best team in the West, but it isnt for all the reasons OP stated.

The AI short stint was a complete failure. Mayo is reduced to a bench player. Rudy has been good, but has been injured and his team still plays well without him (Not saying if he played they wouldnt be better). And Hasheem and Hadaddi have not panned out either.

It was ZBo stepping up as the team's leader, Conley's improved play in controlling the pace of the game, Tony Allen coming into his own and Lionell Hollins morphing this team and their defensive focus.

Nonetheless props, no one saw it coming :cheers: