PDA

View Full Version : Rasheed Wallace commits to Boston Celtics

D-Rose
07-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Link (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/07/wallace_commits.html)

An NBA source said tonight that Detroit free agent forward Rasheed Wallace has committed to sign with the Celtics on July 8 when free agents are able to sign. Wallace is expected to get a two-year deal using the mid-level exception (expected to be about $5.6 million to $5.8 million). Celtics All-Star trio of Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce, owner Wyc Grousbeck, coach Doc Rivers and president Danny Ainge met with Wallace last week. Wallace turned down overtures from Orlando and San Antonio to commit to Boston.
The Celtics also have interest in Suns free agent forward Grant Hill. Despite a Fanhouse report that Rivers was to meet with Hill today in Orlando, its uncertain if he did and Rivers declined comment. All Boston can offer is the $1.9 million bi-annual exception.

Boston vs. LA 2010 Finals

Pharcyde
07-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Thunder vs. Bobcats 2010 Finals

hawkfan
07-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Who's Cleveland going to go after now?

Linus Kleiza? Channing Frye? Chris Wilcox?

D-Rose
07-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Who's Cleveland going to go after now?

Linus Kleiza? Channing Frye? Chris Wilcox?
I don't think Cleveland was going after Sheed too hard.

Bigger question, who do Orlando and San Antonio go after?? Bass and Big Baby?

PleezeBelieve
07-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Good, now we have market value for McDyess. One year, MLE; team option for a second year?? Although I'd be satified with him getting the same deal as Rasheed.

Pharcyde
07-05-2009, 08:35 PM

Bass to New Orleans. Celtics will probably match any offer for big baby.
McDyess or Powe are still in play.

bagelred
07-05-2009, 08:50 PM
You know they say Grant Hill will be offered the bi-annual exception.

But I really think Hill's sexuality shouldn't have anything to do with it. That's just wrong.

Richie2k6
07-05-2009, 08:51 PM
So Sheed at the C or off the bench?

JohnnySic
07-05-2009, 08:51 PM
:hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime:

Now get Hill! :hammertime:

Sonic R
07-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Best of luck to you, Sheed.
Thanks for the years of work you put here in Detroit.

Should work out ok for the Celtics. Looking good, Boston!
:applause:

All Net
07-05-2009, 08:57 PM

Spurs have to go after Mcdyess now otherwise their quest for a good big man will be gone.

Duncan21formvp
07-05-2009, 08:57 PM

Off the bench I would think. Celtics have enough scoring in the starting lineup already.

veilside23
07-05-2009, 09:03 PM
celts will have the most of technical fouls called for the next season

perk + sheed = free throws for the opposing team's :D

heheh but am happy sheed signs.. even if he is 35 years old... he is still what we need...

TruthKGRay3412
07-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Ainge has said he is not done signing players..Since Grant Hill met with Doc he could very well be next..and we will re-sign BBD.

visirale
Celtics vs. Nursing Home

First round exit. Too much age.

Splitz77

agreed.

TruthKGRay3412
07-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Celtics vs. Nursing Home

PJ Brown was a key factor in a championship..and know we have Rasheed Wallace on the bench(much better)..Magic fans are getting nervous,they think Wince Carter will make them better than last year but dont realize a BEAT down Celtics team took them to a Game 7..a healthy Celtics team most likely would of won the series 4-1.

KenneBell
07-05-2009, 09:13 PM
It'll be interesting to see how they hold up come playoff time. Besides Perk and Rondo they are pretty old.

During the season:
Allen (34)
Pierce (32)
Garnett (33)
Sheed (35)
Hill? (37)

Rivers seems to get them a good amount of rest during the regular season though.

Interminator
07-05-2009, 09:14 PM
PJ Brown was a key factor in a championship..and know we have Rasheed Wallace on the bench(much better)..Magic fans are getting nervous,they think Wince Carter will make them better than last year but dont realize a BEAT down Celtics team took them to a Game 7..a healthy Celtics team most likely would of won the series 4-1.
KG
Sheed
Perkins
Powe
Athletic Rebounding PF/C

That is a very good lineup, unfortunately Big Baby Davis is the odd man out.

Tool
07-05-2009, 09:16 PM
:hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime:

Now get Hill! :hammertime:

Homer

TruthKGRay3412
07-05-2009, 09:16 PM
It'll be interesting to see how they hold up come playoff time. Besides Perk and Rondo they are pretty old.

During the season:
Allen (34)
Pierce (32)
Garnett (33)
Sheed (35)
Hill? (37)

Rivers seems to get them a good amount of rest during the regular season though.

IMO age isnt a factor for the next 2 years with our starting line-up..Pierce and KG will be all-stars again next year and Ray is still the best shooter in the league and one of the best fit players in the NBA...Rondo is becoming a monster,Top 5 PG (people are forgetting this) and Perk will always be a solid defensive Center..You wont see KG decline for another 2 years,he could still put up 20 and 10 as a #1 option.

chitownsfinest
07-05-2009, 09:17 PM
KG
Sheed
Perkins
Powe
Athletic Rebounding PF/C

That is a very good lineup, unfortunately Big Baby Davis is the odd man out.
Isn't he out till mid-season though? I think Boston needs to add a big that can play 10-1 mins a game because Sheed will be playing big minutes until Powe comes back if they won't. Not good for his old legs.

chitownsfinest
07-05-2009, 09:18 PM

During the season:
Allen (34)
Pierce (32)
Garnett (33)
Sheed (35)
Hill? (37)

Age won't really effect Ray and PP because their game is based off skill, not athleticism. KG's problems are strictly health related.

triangleoffense
07-05-2009, 09:19 PM
wow im smelling the 08 Finals rematch again.

How could anyone not favor the Celtics and the Lakers now? This is why the Lakers had to sign someone like Artest and why resigning Odom will be imperative for them this FA season.

Meticode
07-05-2009, 09:20 PM
If he signs nice addition for the Celtics. I would expect him to come off the bench if that's right? Hopefully they can resign Powe too.

JohnnySic
07-05-2009, 09:22 PM
No real factor. Most regular season games will be beat downs and the second unit (House, Baby, Giddens, Walker, TAllen, pg?) will get plenty of pt.

CantStop
07-05-2009, 09:23 PM
No real factor. Most regular season games will be beat downs and the second unit (House, Baby, Giddens, Walker, TAllen, pg?) will get plenty of pt.

Big Baby is not guaranteed to come back.

House is decent

Giddens = D league worthy

Walker = D league worthy

T.Allen = Just sucks but not as much as Walker or Giddens.

Wow, terrible bench.

rfm767
07-05-2009, 09:24 PM
IMO age isnt a factor for the next 2 years with our starting line-up..Pierce and KG will be all-stars again next year and Ray is still the best shooter in the league and one of the best fit players in the NBA...Rondo is becoming a monster,Top 5 PG (people are forgetting this) and Perk will always be a solid defensive Center..You wont see KG decline for another 2 years,he could still put up 20 and 10 as a #1 option.

:roll: @ highlighted

bagelred
07-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Ric Bucher twitter

Sheed is going to Boston.6 minutes ago from web

Looking official.

west
07-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Good sh!t.:pimp:

Harison
07-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Great, great signing by Celtics. If Ainge will be able to get Hill, resign Baby and get a backup PG, Celtics will be scarily good. Age will be a factor, but with such lineup starters would have plenty of rest, as long as they wont be injured.

Sheed will be backup for PF/C, he wont be starting but 25-30 mins will be just fine for him.

Meticode
07-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Great, great signing by Celtics. If Ainge will be able to get Hill, resign Baby and get a backup PG, Celtics will be scarily good. Age will be a factor, but with such lineup starters would have plenty of rest, as long as they wont be injured.

Sheed will be backup for PF/C, he wont be starting but 25-30 mins will be just fine for him.

I think he should come off the bench along with Powe if they resign him.

CarpeDiemKJ
Boo. I wanted Sheed to go to San Antonio. Ah well. Makes the East more sexier.

Interminator
Man people are really underrating Bill Walker, the guy is a flat out stud at SF. Everything I've read about what the Celtics are doing with him makes me think they are attempting to mold him into a strong athletic shutdown defender rather than him focusing on offense.

TruthKGRay3412
07-05-2009, 09:37 PM
:roll: @ highlighted

Who's a better shooter than Ray? Who had career high shooting percentages last year.

New Jazzy Nets
07-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Didnt i hear something about 8 million per year or else i'll retire? Just another old man chasing a ring. Im gettin g sick of these stacked teams that sign vets just so they have a chance, although sheed does have 1 ring so it's a lil different. Boston in a few years aye aye aye, enjoy the success while you still can.

chitownsfinest
07-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Man people are really underrating Bill Walker, the guy is a flat out stud at SF. Everything I've read about what the Celtics are doing with him makes me think they are attempting to mold him into a strong athletic shutdown defender rather than him focusing on offense.
True that. Also do not forget the great job the C's coaching staff has done with getting the best out of there young players: Powe, Big Baby, Rondo, Perk. Walker is a great athlete. There is definitely room for him to improve.

#1SportsFan86
07-05-2009, 09:39 PM
YES!...I so happy he didn't go to the Spurs, I bet all the guys on ESPN are gonna be pissed Sheed didn't go to the Cavs since they *ickride every player that goes there.

bagelred
07-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Didnt i hear something about 8 million per year or else i'll retire? Just another old man chasing a ring. Im gettin g sick of these stacked teams that sign vets just so they have a chance, although sheed does have 1 ring so it's a lil different. Boston in a few years aye aye aye, enjoy the success while you still can.

It's not that Rasheed is chasing a ring, its that he wants his last few years to be relevant. Does Rasheed really want to go to a bad team at this point in his career? No. He wants his last few years to be meaningful. What's wrong with that? Aren't you happy an athlete is potentially turning down more money?

Meticode
07-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Who's a better shooter than Ray? Who had career high shooting percentages last year.

Steve Nash shot better from the field and beyond the arc last year.

TruthKGRay3412
07-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Steve Nash shot better from the field and beyond the arc last year.

At the SG position I was talking about.

Meticode
07-05-2009, 09:45 PM
At the SG position I was talking about.

No one really at SG. There were multiple players who shot better from the field overall compared to Ray, but had lower beyond the arc percentages than Ray. Allen also shot the best from 2-point range out of any SG in the league last year.

I didn't see you say SG so I just brought up someone who did shoot better, which is basically the only player probably.

Snoop_Cat
07-05-2009, 09:48 PM
NoOOOOOOOooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooOooOo OOOooooOOooOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOO OOOOoo

Spudjjay
07-05-2009, 09:51 PM
No one really at SG. There were multiple players who shot better from the field overall compared to Ray, but had lower beyond the arc percentages than Ray. Allen also shot the best from 2-point range out of any SG in the league last year.

I didn't see you say SG so I just brought up someone who did shoot better, which is basically the only player probably.

Look at his shooting %s in the ECSF. He's garbage, fools gold.

Meticode
07-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Look at his shooting %s in the ECSF. He's garbage, fools gold.

I don't care what you have to say anymore. It's been this way for months now. The only reason you're not on ignore is becuase I don't ignore people like that.

Allen saved the Celtics from losing multiple games in the playoffs, but yet you still hate him. You're probably one of the only people I can imagine rooting for his team in the playoffs, then when a player from your team hits a last second three pointer to win it you get pissed because it's a player you hate.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-05-2009, 10:12 PM
It's going to be weird now seeing sheed in a pistons jersey but hey the race for the EC ship just got a whole lot sweeter..

Spudjjay
07-05-2009, 10:13 PM
1. Then why did you quote me? For the record, I've never cared for anything you had to say . Not once. You post too much. Get a life.

2. Bingo! You got me! I get pissed when Ray wins games. Too bad I'm not pissed very often. :D

OneMoreSucka
07-05-2009, 10:19 PM
So is Sheed going to play center or come off the bench?

Harison
07-05-2009, 10:19 PM
I think he should come off the bench along with Powe if they resign him.
Definitely, but it will take time before we'll see Powe (he may be out for almost all next season), higher chance for Cs to resign Baby. Baby/PF + Sheed/C as backups is amazing, if Ainge sccores Hill, bench from one of the worst suddenly becomes one of the best in NBA.

New Jazzy Nets
07-05-2009, 10:22 PM
It's not that Rasheed is chasing a ring, its that he wants his last few years to be relevant. Does Rasheed really want to go to a bad team at this point in his career? No. He wants his last few years to be meaningful. What's wrong with that? Aren't you happy an athlete is potentially turning down more money?

first off i dont care about an athlete turning down more money unless its to resign with a team, I like loyalty i dont like signing with a contender just to get a ring(but in sheeds case its a lil different he allready ahs a ring so i guess im ok with that). I understand what your saying with he wants his last year to be relevant, i never really thought about it like that. and it makes sense, so more and more im ok with sheed. However artest to the lakers no, not one bit he's chasing a ring because he couldnt do it as the man. loyalty is huge to me which is why Stockton>Malone

TruthKGRay3412
07-06-2009, 07:23 AM
So is Sheed going to play center or come off the bench?

He will come off the bench but still see 25-30 MPG.

JJ81
07-06-2009, 08:02 AM
lol they're just getting older and older. If they dont win it next season (which they wont) that will be the end of that team as we know it.

stephanieg
07-06-2009, 08:05 AM
Last year's Suns and this year's Celtics would be potential GOAT teams...eight years ago.

Luigi
07-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Wallace loves playing for defensive teams. We'll see if he still has it.

AMISTILLILL
07-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Celtics vs. Nursing Home

You realize your Magic team just gutted themselves by trading several young pieces for a guy a year younger than Garnett and Allen and a year older than Pierce, right?

Don't forget that you still have Anthony Johnson coming off your bench at the same age as Rasheed. Johnson comes in and gives great minutes and you likely consider him a "veteran asset".

Do people even think before they post some of this garbage?

Sriracha
07-06-2009, 04:58 PM
A good move by the Celtic to bring some competition back for the championship. Before this move the Lakers were the runaway favorite to repeat...but not so much now. If they are able to resign Hill then they are my favorite to take it all next year...if healthy.

veilside23
07-06-2009, 07:30 PM
i see alot of people thats jealous and try to degrade the C's because of their age :D

kingmob
07-06-2009, 07:34 PM
I've seen a lot of Rasheed this past year, and he doesn't have the same impact anymore. His defense has slipped, he can't move with the same ease anymore.

haji_d_robertas
07-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Blech. No sir, I don't like it. Powe was a much better player to hang on to, injury or no.

unbreakable
07-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Not scared of Sheed's 3 point shooting , lacadazical ass.

nbastatus
07-06-2009, 08:31 PM
sheed + kg :applause:

ProfessorMurder
07-06-2009, 08:47 PM
We better sign a SF, find a backup PG, and keep Baby or Powe and I'll be more than happy with the offseason.

1~Gibson~1
07-07-2009, 12:04 AM
We better sign a SF, find a backup PG, and keep Baby or Powe and I'll be more than happy with the offseason.the C's are looking at T-Lue as the backup PG and Hill as the backup SF :ohwell:

Seem's like your wishes shall come true

mbell75
07-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Fantastic pickup! I mean, Rasheed is beasting the last few years! I cannot wait until the celtics sign Grant Hill too, hes a stud! Still need a few more players though. I really hope they can look to sign Bruce Bowen and Robert Horry, that would be incredible!

2002 called, they want their players back :roll: The old just keep getting older. Can boston be anymore desperate? Quite funny.

veilside23
07-07-2009, 12:43 AM
Fantastic pickup! I mean, Rasheed is beasting the last few years! I cannot wait until the celtics sign Grant Hill too, hes a stud! Still need a few more players though. I really hope they can look to sign Bruce Bowen and Robert Horry, that would be incredible!

2002 called, they want their players back :roll: The old just keep getting older. Can boston be anymore desperate? Quite funny.

so you are celebrating huh.... lucky you.. enjoy... as much as you can.. we'll see...

Big#50
07-07-2009, 02:46 AM

Still haunted by the number 39?

TruthKGRay3412
07-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Press Conference tomorrow.:cheers:

All Net
07-07-2009, 12:56 PM
We better sign a SF, find a backup PG, and keep Baby or Powe and I'll be more than happy with the offseason.

Boston still need their James Posey back to be really set but as old as they are they will be damn tough to beat this season. Only team who I see who could beat the Lakers in a 7 game series.

mbell75
07-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Still haunted by the number 39?

Nope, We have the trophy back in LA, couldnt care less about 2 years ago. I dont live in the past :D

JustinJDW
07-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Wow, what is with all the Laker Homers coming in the thread and bashing the Celtics for the pick-up. If I were you guys, I would be worrying about how you guys will fair when all the Teams are conviently injured and crippled for the Playoffs.

Great pick-up by the Celtics. I wanted my Spurs to get him, but we will be fine. The Celtics Frontcourt is crazy now. Healthy KG, Perkins and Rasheed. Those guys are Defensive Beasts! Best Frontcourt in the League.

D-Rose
07-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Wow, what is with all the Laker Homers coming in the thread and bashing the Celtics for the pick-up. If I were you guys, I would be worrying about how you guys will fair when all the Teams are conviently injured and crippled for the Playoffs.

Great pick-up by the Celtics. I wanted my Spurs to get him, but we will be fine. The Celtics Frontcourt is crazy now. Healthy KG, Perkins and Rasheed. Those guys are Defensive Beasts! Best Frontcourt in the League.
:oldlol:

Pau/Bynum/Odom

end thread/

rfm767
07-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Last year's Suns and this year's Celtics would be potential GOAT teams...eight years ago.

quoted for truth :applause:

raptorfan_dr07
07-07-2009, 04:18 PM

:oldlol: at the insecurity of the Lakers fans on this site. It's pathetic and a bit disturbing too. Aside from a few people questioning how Ron Artest will affect the Lakers team chemistry(a legit concern), most fans of other teams have praised the acquisition. And people wonder why Lakers fans opinions are casually dismissed whenever they have something to say.

JustinJDW
07-07-2009, 04:27 PM
:oldlol:

Pau/Bynum/Odom

end thread/I disagree. If Bynum was averaging 15/8, I would agree, but he is not. The Laker Frontcourt is highly overrated. Gasol is fantastic, but Bynum has been overrated and has been dissapointing. What did Bynum do in the Playoffs? I think he just got like 6/4? Odom is also undersized. He is good at getting sneaky offensive boards, but he doesn't top Defensive Beasts like Perkins and Rasheed. Let's also not forget Big Baby, who came up big in the Playoffs, something Bynum couldn't do. After Odom, they have nothing. Those guys are the only ones worth mentioning on the Lakers Frontcourt.

Healthy KG/Rasheed Wallace/Perkins/Big Baby > Gasol/Odom/Bynum

All Net
07-07-2009, 04:29 PM

Who's bashing them saying it's a bad signing? it isn't. However a 35 year old Sheed isn't going to be a huge difference maker but he will help them just not a great deal. Why should Laker fans be worried? this team is the defending champions, have one of the best in the game, a great frontcourt, a great coach and have one of the most talented teams in the NBA...nobody in the NBA scares the Lakers. Healthly or not...

D-Rose
07-07-2009, 04:44 PM
I disagree. If Bynum was averaging 15/8, I would agree, but he is not. The Laker Frontcourt is highly overrated. Gasol is fantastic, but Bynum has been overrated and has been dissapointing. What did Bynum do in the Playoffs? I think he just got like 6/4? Odom is also undersized. He is good at getting sneaky offensive boards, but he doesn't top Defensive Beasts like Perkins and Rasheed. Let's also not forget Big Baby, who came up big in the Playoffs, something Bynum couldn't do. After Odom, they have nothing. Those guys are the only ones worth mentioning on the Lakers Frontcourt.

Bynum averaged 14/8 in the season when healthy.

KG at this age = Gasol if not a minimal difference.

Bynum>Perkins. Every single GM would take Bynum over Perk ina heartbeat.

Odom>Sheed. Odom is younger by 5 years, more versatile, and already a part of the team.

Powell is a solid player he started one game and had 17/9 against Houston. He is a great pick and pop player and offensive rebounder.

Big Baby wouldn't even get minutes like Powell because of the logjam already present.

As for the Artest signing vs. The Sheed signing.

Artest is going to bring 100% everytime he is on the court. He is going to put his guts on the line every single time. There is no question about Artest's motivation or work ethic. That's Sheed's achilles heel.

ukplayer4
07-07-2009, 05:10 PM
what about the negatives artest brings?

how about his fetish for turning into a black hole and dribbeling out the shotclock before hoisting some garbage?

mental illness is surely another negative, rasheed has had some serious fits of stupidity himself in his career but artest is far worse.

nnn123
07-07-2009, 05:10 PM

During the season:
Allen (34)
Pierce (32)
Garnett (33)
Sheed (35)
Hill? (37)

Just for a random pointless comparison, the 98 Bulls team was pretty old, they held up fine

Jordan (35)
Pippen (32)
Rodman (36)
Harper (34)
Kerr (32)
Wennington (34)

But yes I recall injuries became a major concern that season, and they even suffered throughout the playoffs due to injuries. It will be interesting to see how Boston holds up.

nnn123
07-07-2009, 05:25 PM
^^^^^^

Just to complete the comparison Bulls also had Kukoc (29), so at least they still had one semi-young gun...Boston may not even have that

Edit: Ok they got Rondo and Perk, some fresh legs PHEW

All Net
07-07-2009, 05:49 PM
I disagree. If Bynum was averaging 15/8, I would agree, but he is not. The Laker Frontcourt is highly overrated. Gasol is fantastic, but Bynum has been overrated and has been dissapointing. What did Bynum do in the Playoffs? I think he just got like 6/4? Odom is also undersized. He is good at getting sneaky offensive boards, but he doesn't top Defensive Beasts like Perkins and Rasheed. Let's also not forget Big Baby, who came up big in the Playoffs, something Bynum couldn't do. After Odom, they have nothing. Those guys are the only ones worth mentioning on the Lakers Frontcourt.

:wtf:

Bynum did average 14 and 8 this past season..which is the worse he could average again this coming season.

Bynum when heathly will put up good amount of minutes and rebounds. Boston do not have a better frontline than L.A...Certainly not when you don't know how much KG has left in those legs of his.

triangleoffense
07-07-2009, 06:02 PM
what about the negatives artest brings?

how about his fetish for turning into a black hole and dribbeling out the shotclock before hoisting some garbage?

mental illness is surely another negative, rasheed has had some serious fits of stupidity himself in his career but artest is far worse.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/statusicon/user_online.gif http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/buttons/reputation.gif (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/reputation.php?p=3243011) http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/report.php?p=3243011) http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3243011)
this is where the "phil jackson logarithm" comes in. Look at the players he coached.. Rodman, Michael, Scottie, Payton, Malone, Shaq, Kobe. All hall of famers. Ron might act like a b1tch if hes playing for the Kings but I'm pretty sure he won't be like that for the Lakers. Look at Starbury and the Celtics last year... people were saying that he was a lost cause. The Celtics didn't win but they took Orlando to 7 without KG.. 08 defensive player of the year.

triangleoffense
07-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Just for a random pointless comparison, the 98 Bulls team was pretty old, they held up fine

Jordan (35)
Pippen (32)
Rodman (36)
Harper (34)
Kerr (32)
Wennington (34)

But yes I recall injuries became a major concern that season, and they even suffered throughout the playoffs due to injuries. It will be interesting to see how Boston holds up.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/statusicon/user_online.gif http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/buttons/reputation.gif (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/reputation.php?p=3243013) http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/report.php?p=3243013) http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3243013)

Having that cat on your team offsets some things.

All Net
07-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Having that cat on your team offsets some things.

Yeah just abit....:pimp:

It is amazing how old that team was looking back.

crisoner
07-07-2009, 06:50 PM
http://www.abledata.com/product_images/images/06A0399.jpg

GO CELTICS!!!!

LOL

Joey3000
07-07-2009, 06:51 PM
I think people are relying on age a bit too much. An old player on a team where he has to do most of the work can get worn out pretty quickly, but a a strong line up will definetly lighten the load.

KG and Sheed are on the same team. That will scare the crap out of the enter league including L.A on both ends of the court.

Both Sheed and KG can spread the defense.

Pierce has one of the best midrange games in the league, and he can go out to the 3 point line.

Ray Allen is stilll among the best shooters in the league and plays well with out the ball in his hand.

Rondo is a rising star.

I know you want to sound confident about your respective teams, but I would not want to bump heads with this team in a 7 game series.

Joey3000
07-07-2009, 06:55 PM
http://www.abledata.com/product_images/images/06A0399.jpg

GO CELTICS!!!!

LOL

Remember when KG had you and the rest of the world calling your boyfreind Gosoft? Guess whats gunna happen with Sheed on the team now.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Pau%20Gasoft

All Net
07-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Remember when KG had you and the rest of the world calling your boyfreind Gosoft? Guess whats gunna happen with Sheed on the team now.

More ejections?

TruthKGRay3412
07-07-2009, 07:01 PM

Some Laker fans are the unclassiest people on earth,no wonder there the most hated fan base on ISH..dont even bother responding to them..there is more posts in this thread with Laker fans then Celtic fans..I dont think Celtic fans have bashed the Ron Artest accusation.

In my opinion,these moronic Laker fans who bring up age are scared sh!tless..young teams dont win anything in this league remember that..is the Celtics team OLD?..not at all..we have 2 players 25 and under in the starting line-up..Pierce is 32 and KG is 33..but if you want to be a jackass and keep bringing up the old age excuse then go ahead.

D-Rose
07-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Some Laker fans are the unclassiest people on earth,no wonder there the most hated fan base on ISH..dont even bother responding to them..there is more posts in this thread with Laker fans then Celtic fans..I dont think Celtic fans have bashed the Ron Artest accusation.

In my opinion,these moronic Laker fans who bring up age are scared sh!tless..young teams dont win anything in this league remember that..is the Celtics team OLD..not at all..we have 2 players 25 and under in the starting line-up..Pierce is 32 and KG is 33..but if you want to be a jackass and keep bringing up the old age excuse then go ahead.
Celtics have one good title run left in them IMO and that is this year. You can have your one year, we have a contender for the next 5 years.

The Celtics are like the Spurs of this decade, eventually health and age will catch up with you.

crisoner
07-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Remember when KG h.....[/URL]

Remember KG got hurt last year because dude is getting old and has been playing since he was 18?
Remember the Lakers won this year with a healthier team that would of beat Boston in 08 as well if they had healthy players.

Buck Foston!

I can't wait to sic Artest on your team. No mercy.

oh the horror
07-07-2009, 07:50 PM
This team may be old, but lets not get it twisted. Wallace DEFINATELY helps this team a lot. Not to mention he adds even more defense to an already defense oriented team.

Adding Grant Hill will also be a plus. These men all have a lot left in their tanks. Having to not play large minutes, with substitutions will also be key for them. I look forward to seeing them all play. Im hoping Garnett can come back at full health....I'd love to see a rematch with LA in the 2010 finals.

veilside23
07-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Lakers contending for championship every year ? for the next 5 years amazing :D really...

JohnnySic
07-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Remember KG got hurt last year because dude is getting old and has been playing since he was 18?
Remember the Lakers won this year with a healthier team that would of beat Boston in 08 as well if they had healthy players.

Buck Foston!

I can't wait to sic Artest on your team. No mercy.
Crisoner, you're one of the few Lakers fans on here that I respect, but false confidence gets you nowhere.

Its "ovah" (shameless Boston accent plug) - if one of the other western teams doesn't beat the Lakers, the Celtics wont fail.

And to respond to the other guy - I'm not convinced that the Lakers will "compete for 5 years". In a year or 2, Kobe will be falling off at Iverson's rate. No team with Pau Gasol as their best player is going to seriously threaten for a title.

All Net
07-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Kobe will still be elite in a few years, Bynum in a few years time will hopfully be their go to guy in the post and Lakers will still be one of the favourites.

That said it is pointless looking beyond this year, as we found out this summer alot can happen before that time.

All we know now is

Lakers and Boston are the two best teams in basketball.

ProfessorMurder
07-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Crisoner, you're one of the few Lakers fans on here that I respect, but false confidence gets you nowhere.

Its "ovah" (shameless Boston accent plug) - if one of the other western teams doesn't beat the Lakers, the Celtics wont fail.

And to respond to the other guy - I'm not convinced that the Lakers will "compete for 5 years". In a year or 2, Kobe will be falling off at Iverson's rate. No team with Pau Gasol as their best player is going to seriously threaten for a title.

BUT BYNUM HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL! hahaha The Lakers will not be a serious threat for 5 more years straight. Kobe will eventually age, I'd give him 3 more very good years.

The C's are old but they've got 2 or 3 more good chances with their core. I really hope we pick up Grant.

Celts/Spurs '10 finals would be awesome!

All Net
07-07-2009, 09:33 PM
BUT BYNUM HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL! hahaha The Lakers will not be a serious threat for 5 more years straight. Kobe will eventually age, I'd give him 3 more very good years.

The C's are old but they've got 2 or 3 more good chances with their core. I really hope we pick up Grant.

Celts/Spurs '10 finals would be awesome!

Kobe will still be playing at a high level when he is 34/35..that I'm sure of. Guess we will see down the line.

D-Rose
07-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Good luck dealing with LeBron once he's on a good team in 2010 not to mention the Miami Heat have no guaranteed contracts for 2010, so good luck dealing with a rejuvenated Wade :oldlol:

Dr. Dunk
07-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Great signing for Boston. I think Sheed will come off the bench.

triangleoffense
07-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Kobe will be falling off at Iverson's rate

you have no conception of how the game works

Iverson was a PG who relies mainly on his quickness. Kobe is a smart player, one of the smartest in the league who is one of the most polished offense players if not the most polished offense player to ever play this game. As he gets older he will adapt and continue to evolve. He will concentrate less on driving to the rim and more on his passing game and his step-back three. He will still manage to get to the rim but now he has a lot more pieces that can shoulder the burden. Plus he's only 30. Iverson started dropping at age 34 and even at age 33 he averaged 26 points a game being on the same team with Melo.

TruthKGRay3412
07-08-2009, 04:52 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/celtics/sheed-kg-hug500414.jpg

The Boston Celtics announced today that they have signed free agent center/forward Rasheed Wallace. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

"We are ecstatic to be able to add a player the caliber of Rasheed Wallace to our team," said Celtics President of Basketball Operations, Danny Ainge. "It is not every day that you can add a four-time All-Star and a player with championship experience."

Wallace, a 6'11", 230lbs center/forward, has averaged 15.0 points, 6.9 rebounds and 1.3 blocks in 33.9 minutes per game over his 14-year career. The former UNC Tar Heel has recorded 14 straight seasons of averaging 10 or more points, a tie for second most among active players along with new teammate Kevin Garnett and behind only Shaquille O'Neal. Wallace is one of 13 players in NBA history to make 13 consecutive appearances in the playoffs along with the likes of Kevin McHale, Bob Cousy, Robert Parish and Bill Russell. Wallace also is one of only three players in NBA history to have recorded 150 three-point field goals, 150 blocks and 100 steals in his postseason career joining Scottie Pippen and Robert Horry.

The fourth overall pick in the 1995 NBA Draft has made four All-Star teams in his career (2000, 2001, 2006, 2008). Wallace has made two trips to the NBA Finals with the Detroit Pistons (2003-04 and 2004-05 seasons) winning the NBA Championship in the 2003-04 season. Wallace joins Shaquille O'Neal, Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan as the only four active players that have posted 15,000 points, 5,000 rebounds, 1,500 assists and 1,000 blocks in their careers.

TruthKGRay3412
07-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Press Conference tomorrow at 4PM EST.
http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af89/kobeowen128/sheedgarnett.jpg

crisoner
07-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Press Conference tomorrow at 4PM EST.
http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af89/kobeowen128/sheedgarnett.jpg

These guys will need this...

http://www.ionmeds.com/medical%20wheelchairs.jpg

When the regular season comes to past.

Well at least one of them will need it for sure.

TruthKGRay3412
07-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Why would they need a wheelchair? Its amazing to see how pissed you are that we have the strongest front court in the league.Stay classy Laker fans.

The wheelchair/walker jokes make you look like a jackass..KG isnt old whatsoever and still will get some MVP votes next year..and Rasheed is a 35 yr old who brings alot to the table off the bench.

TruthKGRay3412
07-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Sheed will rock #30.Good guess on that photoshop.
https://tt3.zedo.com/OzoDB/o/m/612158/V1/wallace-replica_jersey_celtics_300x250green.jpg

rifleman
07-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Classicly enough, this was my fantasy squad in Live 2000 (Duncan on the cover).

PG - Ray Ray (passing don't mean squat in Live00)
SG - PP
SF - 'Toine
PF - Sheed
C - KG

And yes, we did go 82-0. The 2009/10 real life version aint as crazy, but still has plenty of potential to go all the way. I like the balance Rondo and Perk give. I like Sheed and House as X Factors (with their negative points). Injuries are a big concern - does anyone know how KG is doing? I am yet to believe in the youth (Pruitt, Walker, Gittens) - there are plenty others that I would have liked to have seen drafted, but I hope they prove me wrong. And I am keen to seem what happens with the Biannual ex, and with Scal's contract.

C

sirkeelma
07-11-2009, 01:00 AM

LOL!!:applause:

sirkeelma
07-11-2009, 02:00 AM
lol they're just getting older and older. If they dont win it next season (which they wont) that will be the end of that team as we know it.

You're inscure with sheed on our roster.. Get lost and go to your thread.

sirkeelma
07-11-2009, 04:44 AM
Celtics vs. Nursing Home

and Orlando Magic VS Psychiatric Ward

theeLAKEshow
07-20-2009, 10:53 PM
L A K E R S A L L D A Y !

sirkeelma
07-21-2009, 03:23 AM

who cares if we're getting older?

theeLAKEshow
07-26-2009, 05:13 PM
artest is gonna punk pierce!! HAHA!

L A K E R S A L L D A Y

Raider007
08-03-2009, 01:44 AM
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]The Boston Celtics have announced and new sponsor supplying uniform undergarments. Many Thanks to the Depends company for making them in Celtic Green.
[IMG]http://www.medfinity.com/images/product_large/Kimberly-Clark_19640_2196.jpg