PDA

View Full Version : O.J. Mayo and Allen Iverson Will Be the Best Backcourt in the NBA

FIXED
07-09-2009, 02:41 AM
Answer: Yes

Please Don't Ban Me Jeff or Steve

We all missed the chance to see O.J. Mayo and Dwyane Wade together in the backcourt which would have been the best backcourt since Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars.

Now that is looks like Memphis will sign AI to a one year deal. Will Ovinton Mayo and Allen Iverson be a top 5 backcourt?

I say they will be here is what RocketGreatness said was the top 5 backcourts

1. Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili

2. Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen

3. Jameer Nelson and Vince Carter

4. Mike Bibby and Joe Johnson

5. Mario Chalmers (UNDERRATED) and Dwyane Wade

What do you guys think?, any adjustments? What's your take on my Top 5? Got yo own sucka'?

Ok just looking at this They will be the best.

I mean we have all seen what O.J. Mayo has done to Manu Ginobili just flat out embrassed him last year in 3 out of their 4 games. including my favorite 29 point performance in double OT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJO0zKr13Kc relive the moment.

Iverson can show Mayo how to be a lethal scorer show him some tips.

1. O.J. Mayo and Allen Iverson

2. Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker
3. Vince Carter and Jameer Nelson
4. Baron Davis and Eric Gordon
5. Dwayne Wade and Chalmers/ Steph Curry and Monta Ellis Toss Up.

Waiting for the Haters response in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.. GO

Torious
07-09-2009, 02:55 AM
They'd be the highest scoring backcourt with the lowest FG% to be sure. That, however, makes for the best backcourt not. Hmmmmmm. http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/images/smilies/yoda.gif

Auka
07-09-2009, 02:56 AM
Umm no. You'll need about 4 balls on that Grizzlies team to function.

mamba24
07-09-2009, 03:00 AM
Mayo is a talent....but i think ZACH AND AI are gonna be hogging the ball.

ShaqAttack3234
07-09-2009, 03:01 AM
Mayo and Iverson won't play well together. The Grizzlies management is idiotic. They build up a nice core of young players who are developing includng Gay, Mayo, Conley, Marc Gasol and a guy who should be a great rebounder and shot blocker right away in Thabeet, but they're going to stunt their development by adding guys like Zach Randolph and Iverson? The Grizzlies aren't going to win now, they need to play for the future and those guys won't help them win more now!

FIXED
07-09-2009, 03:03 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/grizzlies/mayo-gasol-83265173-300.jpg

Mayo: Guess what, you're never going to get to shoot the ball now Randolph is here.
Gasol: Que te jodas, you've got a guy who still think he's the no. 1 option next to you, you're even more screwed.

LOL but Iverson will kept the locker room in check he is a vet starving for a championship.

I like this move for Mephis. Iverson would have a good influence on a young Mayo. Both are small sgs, maybe iverson could teach him a thing or two. This team has scorers at every position and could be really fun to watch. I think they could make a run at 8th seed in the west next to the clippers.

Same here Iverson he so much knownledge. Hopefully he can teach Mayo in Practice.

kingmob
07-09-2009, 03:13 AM
I think Grizzlies think that they actually have a chance of making the playoffs this year. May be they are right, I don't know.

They got enoug scoring now, that's for sure. Between Iverson, Gay, Mayo and Randolph, that's a lot of baskets.

Thabeet+Gasol+Randolph is actually a pretty good rotation, allowing for some variation. They've added some experience to their rotation to balance things off a bit.

If you look at West, there is a good chance one or more teams will fall off from the playoff picture, and there are still quite a few lower feeder teams that will remain so. May be they just see a window of opportunity here.
Or may be I'm just talking out of my a...Its Grizzlies afterall.

AJ2k8
07-09-2009, 03:16 AM
It's a shame Mayo has to be on the same team as Gay, AI and Randolph:(

FIXED
07-09-2009, 03:18 AM
It's a shame Mayo has to be on the same team as Gay, AI and Randolph:(

Mayo should be thanking he stars. Rudy Gay was compared to Scott Pippen and still has the potential to be as good as Scott Pippen. He is only 22 yrs of age though i have to admit he is showing progress maybe this is hiss year. Allen Iverson can be O.J's mentor this year show him how to get in the lane and draw the superstar foul. I think the Grizzlies actually will have a shot at the 8th seed.

That means they will square off against the LA Lakers. Kobe vs Mayo in the playoffs that would be lilojmayo's dream.

brooks_thompson
07-09-2009, 03:21 AM
Mayo should be thanking he stars. Rudy Gay was compared to Scott Pippen and still has the potential to be as good as Scott Pippen. He is only 22 yrs of age though i have to admit he is showing progress maybe this is hiss year. Allen Iverson can be O.J's mentor this year show him how to get in the lane and draw the superstar foul. I think the Grizzlies actually will have a shot at the 8th seed.

That means they will square off against the LA Lakers. Kobe vs Mayo in the playoffs that would be lilojmayo's dream.

Hello Scott Pippen, Rudy Gay will never reach Scottie Pippen level. He probably should, and probably should surpass it, but he won't.

kingmob
07-09-2009, 03:22 AM
Hello Scott Pippen, Rudy Gay will never reach Scottie Pippen level. He probably should, and probably should surpass it, but he won't.

First he has to find his Jordan, and Allen Iverson ain't it.

Quata
07-09-2009, 03:26 AM
the starters past season would average 71FGA per game between the 5 haha
Maybe together they will take better shots and be the best team in the league :S

Twiens
07-09-2009, 03:32 AM
Kobe and Fisher

FIXED
07-09-2009, 03:36 AM
First he has to find his Jordan, and Allen Iverson ain't it.

http://my.lakers.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/rudy_gay_oj_mayo.jpg

..................................... ^^ This guy O.J. Mayo.

okayabc123
07-09-2009, 03:36 AM
Mayo and AI won't work... and it will actually hurt Mayo's game if AI goes there.

First of all, AI is not a great defender, all he does is play the passing lane.

AI needs the ball in his hand to score, meaning OJ won't see the ball enough to keep him happy because OJ also needs the rock.

Memphis have enough scoring as it is already... Mayo and Rudy can do enough damage, and if Conley can develop into a solid PG, they are fine. They need frontline help, especially defensively.

It also wouldn't hurt if Gay and Mayo can develop into better defenders as well, given that both have the athletic ability to do it but not the heart.

brooks_thompson
07-09-2009, 03:39 AM
Mayo will be an all-star level SG for many years, but nothing absolutely spectacular. If he plays the right way, he will finish in the top 10-15 for 3s all time and will play above average defense.

i hope he proves me wrong, but definitely not counting on it after his year at college and the rookie season

FIXED
07-09-2009, 03:40 AM
Mayo and AI won't work... and it will actually hurt Mayo's game if AI goes there.

First of all, AI is not a great defender, all he does is play the passing lane.

AI needs the ball in his hand to score, meaning OJ won't see the ball enough to keep him happy because OJ also needs the rock.

Memphis have enough scoring as it is already... Mayo and Rudy can do enough damage, and if Conley can develop into a solid PG, they are fine. They need frontline help, especially defensively.

It also wouldn't hurt if Gay and Mayo can develop into better defenders as well, given that both have the athletic ability to do it but not the heart.

Mayo has the heart to be a great defender he showed that by holding Dwyane wade to 17 pts on 5-17 shooting. He just doesn't have the size to do it on a night in night basis especially if he is matched up with a 6'6-6'8 SG.

Gay it just hasn't clicked for him yet. and that is a big yet. It look LeBron 6 years for him to realize he should be sending any layup big a little guy on a fast break. And Gay is taller and longer than LeBron with about the same vertical so it will happen just give it time.

brooks_thompson
07-09-2009, 03:41 AM
and for some reason, there is this idea that mayo "needs the rock" in his hands.

he really doesn't. he's an excellent shooter, and if he learns to play off the ball and make the quick move to the hoop (instead of just dribbling), then he will be a special player.

RoseCity07
07-09-2009, 03:42 AM
sure.....

brooks_thompson
07-09-2009, 03:43 AM
Mayo has the heart to be a great defender he showed that by holding Dwyane wade to 17 pts on 5-17 shooting. He just doesn't have the size to do it on a night in night basis especially if he is matched up with a 6'6-6'8 SG.

Gay it just hasn't clicked for him yet. and that is a big yet. It look LeBron 6 years for him to realize he should be sending any layup big a little guy on a fast break. And Gay is taller and longer than LeBron with about the same vertical so it will happen just give it time.

I just can't buy that. I see Gay as a best-case scenario as Carmelo Anthony-lite....an elite scorer when given opportunities but someone that doesn't play hard on either end unless things are going his way.

If he could focus on defense for a couple of years, then he could really be talkin about cracking the top 25.

Kebab Stall
07-09-2009, 03:52 AM
The day AI and OJ becomes even a decent backcourt duo will be the same day Starface embraces a liberal. i.e. it's not going to happen, ever.

If you think AI and OJ is going to work or AI on the Grizzlies is going to work, at all, you're a f*cking moron, simple as that. You know d!ck about basketball if you think it's a good move and think that it'll work.

The offense will consist of maybe one pass, if we're lucky, followed by a contested shot, that will most likely be an airball or brick. Then, on the way back down on defense, all 4 players (AI, Mayo, Rudy and ZBo) will argue about who should be shooting, forgetting about defense, whilst Gasol tries to play some defense and gets dunked on by the entire team.

kingmob
07-09-2009, 03:54 AM
http://my.lakers.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/rudy_gay_oj_mayo.jpg

..................................... ^^ This guy O.J. Mayo.

Jordan=O.J. Mayo? :violin:

brooks_thompson
07-09-2009, 03:54 AM
Eh you're being a bit of a downer. Sure, it's not a playoff team, but it's an improvement over 22-22-24 wins (even without AI). go with it.

at least 28 wins!

SAKOTXA
07-09-2009, 04:20 AM
heeeel no.

But do u guys realize the grizzlies might look like this

PG: Iverson
SG: Mayo
SF: Rudy Gay
PF: Zach Randolph
C: Marc Gasol

Thats an extremely talented team

SAKOTXA
07-09-2009, 04:23 AM
and Thabeet , Mike Conley, Warrick comming off the bench

Doranku
07-09-2009, 08:08 AM
The day AI and OJ becomes even a decent backcourt duo will be the same day Starface embraces a liberal. i.e. it's not going to happen, ever.

If you think AI and OJ is going to work or AI on the Grizzlies is going to work, at all, you're a f*cking moron, simple as that. You know d!ck about basketball if you think it's a good move and think that it'll work.

The offense will consist of maybe one pass, if we're lucky, followed by a contested shot, that will most likely be an airball or brick. Then, on the way back down on defense, all 4 players (AI, Mayo, Rudy and ZBo) will argue about who should be shooting, forgetting about defense, whilst Gasol tries to play some defense and gets dunked on by the entire team.

:oldlol: I feel bad for you guys bro, I have no idea what your management is thinking trading for Randolph and picking up AI. That team is a disaster waiting to happen. It's a shame too, Conley has the potential to be a solid PG in the league, but his minutes are going to be eaten up by AI.

Kebab Stall
07-09-2009, 08:21 AM
:oldlol: I feel bad for you guys bro, I have no idea what your management is thinking trading for Randolph and picking up AI. That team is a disaster waiting to happen. It's a shame too, Conley has the potential to be a solid PG in the league, but his minutes are going to be eaten up by AI.
Heisley, the owner, has no clue what he is doing. He's thinking that the names 'Iverson' and 'Randolph' will bring fans, forget about the fact that the team will not work at all, they will put fans in the seats and points on the scoreboard. Unfortunately, they won't ticks in the win column.

The moron doesn't understand that committing to producing a winning team that can be competitive in a couple of years, by actually spending money and bringing in productive players will bring a hell of a lot more fans and will please the fans who are already in line.

I doubt Heisley would spend a penny to save his own f*cking life. The man is pathetic, if there is no money gain from it, he wants nothing to do with it.

23ajay
07-09-2009, 08:26 AM
no

Interminator
07-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Heisley, the owner, has no clue what he is doing. He's thinking that the names 'Iverson' and 'Randolph' will bring fans, forget about the fact that the team will not work at all, they will put fans in the seats and points on the scoreboard. Unfortunately, they won't ticks in the win column.

The moron doesn't understand that committing to producing a winning team that can be competitive in a couple of years, by actually spending money and bringing in productive players will bring a hell of a lot more fans and will please the fans who are already in line.

I doubt Heisley would spend a penny to save his own f*cking life. The man is pathetic, if there is no money gain from it, he wants nothing to do with it.
This.

Heisley is trying to turn the Grizzlies into the New York Knicks, a cheaper version.

He wants attention by making the team a Soap Opera Drama:oldlol: "As The Grizzly Roars" or something like that nature in order to get Nationwide attention, the addition of Iverson to this cast of players will get us on ESPN a few times which is probably what he only cares out doing.

Kebab Stall
07-09-2009, 08:37 AM
This.

Heisley is trying to turn the Grizzlies into the New York Knicks, a cheaper version.

He wants attention by making the team a Soap Opera Drama:oldlol: "As The Grizzly Roars" or something like that nature in order to get Nationwide attention, the addition of Iverson to this cast of players will get us on ESPN a few times which is probably what he only cares out doing.
It wouldn't surprise me if all he is after is nation wide attention, because to Heisley, that just screams more money for his pockets.

FIXED
07-09-2009, 10:56 AM
What is with all the hate for Allen Iverson we all have seen careers reborn when they are haters. Just look at Michael Jordan after he cost the Bulls a finals run in 1995 people said he didn't have it anymore and he came back to win 3 straight championships. I not saying AI is Jordan, but i can see reviving the Grizzlies he is a born winner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5I7ilIRJgQ

Batman
07-09-2009, 11:22 AM
They will be a good backcourt. Where's Derrick Rose and John Salmons?

beasted86
07-09-2009, 11:25 AM
According to all those articles, it seems Memphis wants Iverson to come off the bench.

If Iverson truly turned away from the Pistons bench only to jump on the Memphis bench, he is officially the stupidest player in the NBA.

phoenix18
07-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Do you guys watch basketball? When did an awesome player like AI,or Kobe,Lebron,Wade etc. not need the ball in their hands? That doesnt make any sense at all. How did Kobe score 35PPG in 05-06 without the ball in his hands? Or Wade and Lebron this year? When was the last time you scored with out the ball?

1~Gibson~1
07-09-2009, 11:42 AM
According to all those articles, it seems Memphis wants Iverson to come off the bench.

If Iverson truly turned away from the Pistons bench only to jump on the Memphis bench, he is officially the stupidest player in the NBA.
if thats the case then he might as well sign wit the a contender :confusedshrug:

phoenix18
07-09-2009, 11:44 AM

I dont understand this, are they saying that Mike Conley Jr. is better than AI? That doesnt make any sense.

1~Gibson~1
07-09-2009, 11:48 AM
I dont understand this, are they saying that Mike Conley Jr. is better than AI? That doesnt make any sense.
you dont always start your best 5. an AI/OJ backcourt would be terrible because neither are PGs and neither are passers. basically OJ would be looking to score everytime and AI would be looking to score each time. So, instead of starting them both, you just put a facilitator back there to distribute the ball evenly to all of his teammates.

Kebab Stall
07-09-2009, 11:48 AM
No, that's not it. The team is focused on the young talent, AI would be brought in just as a veteran presence. Which is stupid, because AI wants to play 40+ minutes and take as many shots as he wants.

phoenix18
07-09-2009, 11:53 AM
you dont always start your best 5. an AI/OJ backcourt would be terrible because neither are PGs and neither are passers. basically OJ would be looking to score everytime and AI would be looking to score each time. So, instead of starting them both, you just put a facilitator back there to distribute the ball evenly to all of his teammates.
Where do you get that AI would be trying to score every time? AI is a great passer and passes a lot even when he had not so great players around him. Do you really think that someone would be in the NBA if the tried to score all the time.

1~Gibson~1
07-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Where do you get that AI would be trying to score every time? AI is a great passer and passes a lot even when he had not so great players around him. Do you really think that someone would be in the NBA if the tried to score all the time.
its an exaggeration dude. but AI would need the ball in his hands alot to be effective.

phoenix18
07-09-2009, 11:59 AM
its an exaggeration dude. but AI would need the ball in his hands alot to be effective.
He is not the best off the ball player, but I have seen him play suprisingly well off the ball.

beasted86
07-09-2009, 12:00 PM

AI does pass... but I think it's like when you back a dog into a corner... he will fall back on his instincts.

AI is a natural scorer, and needs a certain amount of shot attempts to be happy with his role. If you have Rudy Gay, OJ Mayo, Zach Randolph, and even to an extent Mike Conley (he's no slouch on FGA either) soaking up so many shot attempts...

When AI gets put into the game, he may become shell shocked and just fight to put up as many shots as possible in the limited amount of time. :oldlol:

I still really think whoever you inbound the ball to will shoot. They are going to need the coach of the century to break 35 games.

phoenix18
07-09-2009, 12:05 PM
AI does pass... but I think it's like when you back a dog into a corner... he will fall back on his instincts.

AI is a natural scorer, and needs a certain amount of shot attempts to be happy with his role. If you have Rudy Gay, OJ Mayo, Zach Randolph, and even to an extent Mike Conley (he's no slouch on FGA either) soaking up so many shot attempts...

When AI gets put into the game, he may become shell shocked and just fight to put up as many shots as possible in the limited amount of time. :oldlol:

I still really think whoever you inbound the ball to will shoot. They are going to need the coach of the century to break 35 games.
:oldlol: They will have an extremely talented team but, I dont think that everyone is going to be jacking up shots. If you are open, AI will pass. The one thing I dont understand is why he has to be coming off the bench when he wants to play and he can still play at an All-Star level. He can make any team better if they gave him a chance to play.

beasted86
07-09-2009, 12:38 PM
:oldlol: They will have an extremely talented team but, I dont think that everyone is going to be jacking up shots. If you are open, AI will pass. The one thing I dont understand is why he has to be coming off the bench when he wants to play and he can still play at an All-Star level. He can make any team better if they gave him a chance to play.
Not so much the issue of passing... it's simply the fact that Gay, Mayo, Iverson, & Randolph WANT to create their own shot.

None of them are really good at spot up shooting, and I'd tend to think their % would go down if forced to fit that role.

Thom.Yorke
07-09-2009, 12:44 PM
lol you do know this is a financial move right? ai is gonna be there to sell jerseys and fill the seats.

FIXED
07-09-2009, 01:01 PM
lol you do know this is a financial move right? ai is gonna be there to sell jerseys and fill the seats.

exactly.

Interminator
07-09-2009, 01:19 PM
exactly.
He wont fill the seats unfortunately, AI is a big name but hes not that type of big name player anymore.

Nobody cares about the Grizzlies just because we signed AI, maybe ESPN and others in the public are looking at us adding him so they can hope that something bad comes out of it. People already know what ZBO brings, a lot of people think Mayo is a thug of some sort, and we all know a lot of the public's perception on AI.

People want to see this happen, because they want to see it fail.

The only reasonable destination for Iverson is Charlotte, if he doesnt go there I will have the tough time of saying goodbye to my favorite NBA player.

-M-I
07-09-2009, 01:35 PM
http://slamdumb.com/images/comics/7_4_09.jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

adamcz
07-09-2009, 02:00 PM
1. O.J. Mayo and Allen Iverson

2. Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker
3. Vince Carter and Jameer Nelson
4. Baron Davis and Eric Gordon
5. Dwayne Wade and Chalmers
That's a messed up list, you must be joking.

You're actually taking Baron Davis and Gordon over Kobe and who cares or Paul and who cares?

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Mayo and Iverson could have a bunch of nights they both go for 30+ points together.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Jumpshot Jesus

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_s98LW1lYkx4/Sb5moWjlDHI/AAAAAAAAABk/YOrcYHJ71T8/s400/6griz2.jpg

The Answer

http://images.askmen.com/galleries/men/allen-iverson/pictures/allen-iverson-picture-3.jpg

ANYTHING POSSIBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GOON MUSIC
07-09-2009, 04:40 PM
They'd be the highest scoring backcourt with the lowest FG% to be sure. That, however, makes for the best backcourt not. Hmmmmmm. http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/images/smilies/yoda.gif\

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

FIXED
07-10-2009, 03:06 AM
Jumpshot Jesus

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_s98LW1lYkx4/Sb5moWjlDHI/AAAAAAAAABk/YOrcYHJ71T8/s400/6griz2.jpg

The Answer

http://images.askmen.com/galleries/men/allen-iverson/pictures/allen-iverson-picture-3.jpg

ANYTHING POSSIBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

look how perfect mayo's form is wow.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
09-04-2009, 04:00 AM
with Allen Iverson going to accept the grizzlies offer in the next 20 hours i think this thread deserves a bump

KineticZhiv
09-04-2009, 04:37 AM
Marc Gasol needs to flee of that team.
Jesus how many ballhogs can Mephins put together in his starting 5?

liljohnnywall
09-09-2009, 10:10 AM
with Allen Iverson going to accept the grizzlies offer in the next 20 hours i think this thread deserves a bump
bump he accepted. Mayo+AI( motivated)= fun to watch

francesco totti
09-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Memphis fans just doubled, and their haters as well :D

O.J A 6'4Mamba
09-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Memphis fans just doubled, and their haters as well :D

are you now a memphis fan? him and oj mayo and rudy gay may be the best trio in the NBA this year easily they could put up 90 points together in a game each of them getting 30.

francesco totti
09-09-2009, 10:32 AM
my location says it all :oldlol:

O.J A 6'4Mamba
09-09-2009, 10:39 AM
my location says it all :oldlol:

This is the best decision for Iverson. I am not buying that BS role of a reserve. he will start SG in about 10 games into the season and Mayo will be moved to the PG role like he has always wanted to be. Conley will be the odd man out.

plat1numX
09-09-2009, 10:49 AM
no more then 30 wins

snipes12
09-09-2009, 10:51 AM
10 wins ,

O.J A 6'4Mamba
09-09-2009, 10:53 AM
no more then 30 wins

hi hater. OJ Mayo is a year older experienced knows what to expect from the NBA game. Played in Team USA camp. Trained with Gilbert Areanas and Chancey Billups all off season. Rudy Gay added 20 lbs of muscle and says he wants to eleveate his game to LeBron's level. Marc Gasol if you havent seen him has lost a lot of weight and is alot more mobile. Addition of Zach Randolph and a motivated Allen Iverson. With all of that you think we are just going to win 6 more games than last year?

50 is more reasonable.

Bigsmoke
09-09-2009, 10:54 AM
hi hater. OJ Mayo is a year older experienced knows what to expect from the NBA game. Played in Team USA camp. Trained with Gilbert Areanas and Chancey Billups all off season. Rudy Gay added 20 lbs of muscle and says he wants to eleveate his game to LeBron's level. Marc Gasol if you havent seen him has lost a lot of weight and is alot more mobile. Addition of Zach Randolph and a motivated Allen Iverson. With all of that you think we are just going to win 6 more games than last year?

50 is more reasonable.

and how many people thought that the Clippers were gonna win 50 games last season with the lineup that they had?

chains5000
09-09-2009, 10:56 AM

50 is more reasonable.
:confusedshrug:

bomber
09-09-2009, 11:00 AM
and Thabeet , Mike Conley, Warrick comming off the bench

Warrick is a member of the Milwaukee Bucks.

gpfanz
09-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Answer: Yes

I think so too Mayo has no ego hence good fit for AI :applause:

francesco totti
09-09-2009, 11:04 AM
and how many people thought that the Clippers were gonna win 50 games last season with the lineup that they had?

Bad comparison..

How many injuries clippers had last year?not saying they were too good when healthy ..

kaman randolph didnt play half the games. not to forget camby, davis and others missing games

SayTownRy
09-09-2009, 11:08 AM
I mean we have all seen what O.J. Mayo has done to Manu Ginobili just flat out embrassed him last year in 3 out of their 4 games.

it's still TP and Gino

i like how mayo "embarrassed" manu in 4 losing efforts. it's easy to look at ppg and omit mpg thus ignoring the fact that manu was barely stepping foot on the court last november for 2 of these 3 said match ups. manu mpg (11, 20, 23, 40) compared to mayo mpg (43, 42, 36, 52).

tony parker is a good ways ahead of either player at this point and if manu is a shadow of his 08 self the spurs backcourt with the history and chemistry of 3 titles together will better this duo and most any other in the league.

that said i am completely jacked to watch the grizzlies this season - a sneak preview of some of the league's best forthcoming talent imo.

KB2009Champ
09-09-2009, 11:18 AM
To the person who wrote that Iverson will be a veteran locker room presence because he is starving for a championship............are you high? LMAO

Thats an oxymoron statement right there. If he was starving for a championship he'd be on a championship caliber team accepting a bench role instead of joining memphis where he can chuck to his hearts content in an attempt to prove that he can still score.

LMAO.

If I have a young team the last thing I'd do is to sign freakin Zach Randolph and A.I. That Griz team already had enough issues with OJ and Gay chucking to their hearts content.

Sorry, not enough ball to go around.

kurple
09-09-2009, 11:34 AM
no more then 30 wins

when was the last time AI got less than 30 wins?

plat1numX
09-09-2009, 11:37 AM
when was the last time AI got less than 30 wins?

when was the last time A.I played with zach randolph, rudy gay, and oj mayo

phoenix18
09-09-2009, 12:26 PM
I dont know what the problem is. Everyone keeps saying that this team will be a one pass and shoot team but I dont see that. Randolph should be traded, that way Thabeet can take his spot.

IInvented
09-09-2009, 12:47 PM
agreed

chocolatethunder
09-09-2009, 01:29 PM
I can't wait for the excuses that the AI d i c k riders trot out once the Griz stink it up. I'll give you a few to start with-

Man, he's 34. He's a warrior, he's taken a beating his whole career.

Randolph is a ballhog, he wouldn't give AI the ball back.

Mayo is still young, if AI was here three years from now they'd win it all.

ihatetimthomas
09-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Mayo is the exact type of player that AI would not work with. You need a defensive minded player to pair with AI in the backcourt. The offense is going to have issues getting started its going to become stagnant. Expect a lot of iso's and expect a lot of people watching bc none of these guys move well without the ball including Gay and Zach.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
09-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Mayo is the exact type of player that AI would not work with. You need a defensive minded player to pair with AI in the backcourt. The offense is going to have issues getting started its going to become stagnant. Expect a lot of iso's and expect a lot of people watching bc none of these guys move well without the ball including Gay and Zach.

all these guys are great one on one players expect memphis to lead the nba in FTAs

LebrickJames84'
09-09-2009, 09:54 PM
never thought i would ever see the day where the most anticipated season opener will be a memphis grizzlie game.

xOShakespearexO
09-10-2009, 01:46 PM
there going to be one of the best. I'm not sure if they will be the best. They will be the most fun to watch though by far.

Grey Dawn
09-10-2009, 02:57 PM
...and which one's the point guard? :confusedshrug:

When healthy, how about Manu and Tony Parker as best backcourt.

step_back
09-10-2009, 03:07 PM
...and which one's the point guard? :confusedshrug:

When healthy, how about Manu and Tony Parker as best backcourt.

I would definately say they are in the top 3, Nelson and carter are gonna be great, Rondo and allen work well. I also think Rose and salmons will work together nicely.

G.O.A.T
09-10-2009, 03:46 PM
How do two guys not in the top 15 at their position individually who both play the same position form a good back court?

O.J A 6'4Mamba
09-10-2009, 04:50 PM
How do two guys not in the top 15 at their position individually who both play the same position form a good back court?

Mayo is top 2-3 in his position. He is better than Roy. On par with Wade. The only man standing in Mayo way as GOAT is Kobe Bean Bryant,

MannyO
09-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Its like a competition of stupid GMs

The Grizzlies GM is probably trying to outstupid David Kahn or something.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
09-19-2009, 09:35 AM
what the op said

bagelred
09-19-2009, 10:56 AM
Maybe.

JerzeyBlaze
09-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Listen, fellas...lets see what happens first before we start concluding that AI and Mayo and Gay and Randolph wont work. We know the history, but people can change. Give them a shot and see what happens