PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard vs. Hakeem Olajuwon

hall of fame
07-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Dwight Howard vs Hakeem Olajuwon

Which player would you rather build a team around?

Who will be viewed as the greater player 10 years from now?

T-bomb 25
07-10-2009, 03:54 PM

Who will be viewed as the greater player 10 years from now?Your joking right?

Lebron23
07-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Hakeem Olajuwon

juju151111
07-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Maybe if DH calls Hakeem to teach him some post moves, but The dream is better.

Torious
07-10-2009, 03:55 PM
What the hell

SmackOrH.A.K
07-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Wow. This is ****in' disgraceful. God damn these stupid young kids. If you don't the Dream then don't comment about him or compare him. Hakeem is toooo great.

SsKSpurs21
07-10-2009, 04:00 PM
LOL, gotta love ISH!

love em or hate em but its threads like these that make you come back for more! :oldlol: :rockon:

Bigsmoke
07-10-2009, 04:06 PM
the bigger question is what make Dwight any better than Hakeem in any aspect?

DonDadda59
07-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Hakeem Olajuwon

Yeah Hakeem played and dominated weak, unathletic midgets like David Robinson, Young Shaq, Patrick Ewing, Kareem Abdul Jabar, Alonzo Mourning, etc

Dwight had to go through beasts like Kendrick Perkins, Samuel Dalembert, Zydrunas Ilguaskas, and Pau Gasol this past playoffs. Struggling to score on the defensive stalwart Pau the entire finals.

It's clear, Dwight>>>>>>>>Hakeem

TruthKGRay3412
07-10-2009, 04:11 PM
kOBEe

T-bomb 25
07-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Yeah Hakeem played and dominated weak, unathletic midgets like David Robinson, Young Shaq, Patrick Ewing, Kareem Abdul Jabar, Alonzo Mourning, etc

Dwight had to go through beasts like Kendrick Perkins, Samuel Dalembert, Zydrunas Ilguaskas, and Pau Gasol this past playoffs. Struggling to score on the defensive stalwart Pau the entire finals.

It's clear, Dwight>>>>>>>>HakeemThis.:roll:

catch24
07-10-2009, 04:18 PM

It's clear, Dwight>>>>>>>>Hakeem

/thread

rofllllll

Big Deal
07-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Wilt Chamberlain.

T-bomb 25
07-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Wilt Chamberlain.Over Dwight yeah,Hakeem,hell naw!

hwliuLAP
07-10-2009, 04:27 PM
I actually think Dwight has a good chance.

Him leading his team to the finals at such a young age, injury free, works hard and is starting to develop some post move whether people want to give him credit or not.

It sucks that they signed Lewis to that big contract, however I do believe that Howard should be able to win ring in the next 10 years, more importantly, if Lebron does stay in the East, that could be a new rivalry there.

Lebron23
07-10-2009, 04:30 PM

Him leading his team to the finals at such a young age, injury free, works hard and is starting to develop some post move whether people want to give him credit or not.

It sucks that they signed Lewis to that big contract, however I do believe that Howard should be able to win ring in the next 10 years, more importantly, if Lebron does stay in the East, that could be a new rivalry there.

Hakeem led the Rockets in 1986 NBA Finals when he was 22/23 yrs.old. The 1980's Rocket defeated the Showtime Lakers in the Western Conference Finals.

Young Hakeem would destroy and humiliate Pau Gasoft and Andrew Bynum in a Best of 7 series.

Bigsmoke
07-10-2009, 04:33 PM

The Magics were lucky to make it to the Finals though. You think they would of beat the Celtics when KG is active? they nearly went to game 7 against the Sixers

CarolinaBlue704
07-10-2009, 04:36 PM

whatever makes you sleep better at night.but i dont think im going out on a limb when i say,Howard has no chance(0%)of being as good as Olajuwon.

redhonda76
07-10-2009, 04:40 PM

Who will be viewed as the greater player 10 years from now?

You need to be ban just for making this most retarded thread ever.
A lack of basketball knowledge is just simply uncalled for. Go back to your pre-school.

Godfather
07-10-2009, 04:41 PM
You need to be ban just for making this most retarded thread ever.
A lack of basketball knowledge is just simply uncalled for. Go back to your pre-school.

Agreed.

Hakeem had better post moves in Africa then Dwight does nearing his prime...

T-bomb 25
07-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Agreed.

Hakeem had better post moves in Africa then Dwight does nearing his prime...And he was better defensively,the best center defensively at that,and he was a better passer with a inside/outside team Howard can barely pass and he plays on a outside/inside team,the original poster should be hung for making the most dumbest most lopsided thread on this forum.

Killbot
07-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Hakeem Olajuwon. This guy can carry a team, regardless of how much of his teammates suck.

T-bomb 25
07-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Hakeem Olajuwon. This guy can carry a team, regardless of how much of his teammates suck.Yup.

rezznor
07-10-2009, 05:37 PM

http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/land/4801/Mr_Mackey.jpg

ShaqAttack3234
07-10-2009, 07:12 PM
What was Dwight better at? Rebounding? No, not even that. Dwight has led the league twice with 14.2 and 13.8 per game. Hakeem led the league back to back years as well with 13.5 and 14.0 rebounds per game. However Hakeem also had to carry a heavier load offensively average 24.3 and 24.8 points those seasons while Dwight averaged just 20.6 and 20.7 ppg. Plus Hakeem played next to Otis Thorpe who was good for 9-10 rpg himself while Dwight played next to Rashard Lewis good for just 5-6 rebounds.

Was Dwight better defensively? Not even close. Can you pciture Dwight holding Patrick Ewing to 36% shooting and forcing him to take 23 shots per game while scoring just 19 ppg in the NBA Finals? Neither can I, but Hakeem did it. Can you picture Dwight outscoring prime David Robinson by 11.5 ppg while also doubling up his assist and block totals, outrebounding him and shooting 11% better from the floor in the Western Conference Finals? Neither can I, but Hakeem did that too. Robinson actually was pretty much a taller left handed Dwight Howard with a better shooting, better passing skills and even better defensively ability. So in short David was a superior Dwight Howard and Hakeem humiliated him on the biggest stage.

In case you forgot about Hakeem's accomplishments, check out these seasons.

1988-1989 24.8 ppg, 13.5 rpg, 3.4 bpg, 2.6 spg
1989-1990 24.3 ppg, 14.0 rpg, 2.9 apg, 4.6 bpg, 2.1 spg

1992-1993 26.1 ppg, 13.0 rpg, 3.5 apg, 4.2 bpg, 1.8 spg, 52.9 FG%. Hakeem led a team with the second scorer being Vernon Maxwell(13.8 ppg) to 55 wins and he was robbed of MVP. They advanced to the second round and took a great Sonics team to 7 games.

1993-1994 27.3 ppg, 11.9 rpg, 3.6 apg, 3.7 bpg, 1.6 spg, 52.8 FG%. Hakeem took that same supporting cast from the previous to 58 wins and a championship while winning finals MVP, MVP and defensive player of the year. As I mentioned he shut down Patrick Ewing in the finals, holding him to an embarrassing 36% shooting and outscoring him by 8 ppg.

1994-1995 27.8 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 3.5 apg, 3.4 bpg, 1.8 spg. Hakeem led the Rockets to another championship despite being the 6th seed. Dream averaged 33 points and 4.5 assists on 53.1% shooting in the playoffs and outplayed both Shaq and David Robinson. Robinson was the league MVP that year.

In fact look at Hakeem and David head to head in the 1995 Western Conference Finals.

Hakeem Olajuwon- 35.3 ppg, 12.5 rpg, 5.0 apg, 4.2 to, 4.1 bpg, 1.3 spg, 56.0 FG%
David Robinson- 23.8 ppg, 11.3 rpg, 2.7 apg, 4.5 to, 2.2 bpg, 1.5 spg, 44.7 FG%

Hakeem was just too good. Great defender in all aspects with no weakness on that end of the floor. He became a very solid passer later in his career, he could shoot well out to about 18 feet consistently, he could make tough off balance shots and most importantly his low post moves were second to none. his spins and fakes were so good it was impossible to predict which way he was going to turn. His favorite move was his fadeaway which was near unstoppable, but he had a reliable jumphook, a couple of variations of the famous dreamshake and an up and under with about a billion countermoves.

We will never see another Hakeem Olajuwon. Dwight's instincts just aren't as good as Hakeem's. I doubt Dwight will be as good as David Robinson or Patrick Ewing and this is coming from a big Dwight Howard fan. Only someone who never saw Hakeem play would even ask this question.

wTFaMonkey
07-10-2009, 07:20 PM
:banghead:

JJ81
07-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Hakeeeeem

magnax1
07-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Hakeem, but dwight could have a better prime. I bet Dwight has the ability to block up to 5 a game. Not that he will, but he sure has the athleticism.

hayden695
07-10-2009, 07:32 PM
why would you even make this thread? Its obvious you never watched hakeem play and that wouldnt be as bad but you decide to match him upo to someone that doesnt even compare statistically? Not that im warrenting you do that, if your gonna compare players at least watch them.

33teeth
07-10-2009, 07:36 PM
When I first saw this thread I read it as:

"Who will be a better player in 2019?"

I thought, well Hakeem will be 56 and Dwight will be 34. Still Hakeem.

When I realized that he meant who would have been better during their prime my soda came pouring out of my nose.

:wtf:

LutherHeadJob
07-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Hakeem. One of the greatest players to ever play the game.

Dwight. A guy who bricks open hookshots.

CarolinaBlue704
07-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Hakeem, but dwight could have a better prime. I bet Dwight has the ability to block up to 5 a game. Not that he will, but he sure has the athleticism.

you have absolutely no clue just how far away Howard is from being as good as Hakeem Olajuwon was.seriously,Howard isn't even in Olajuwon's stratosphere at this point.

:hammerhead:

2LeTTeRS
07-10-2009, 07:44 PM

Hakeem was just as athletic as Dwight. While he wasn't as high of a jumper, he was both faster (end to end speed) and quicker than Dwight. Young Hakeem's athleticism along with his footwork made watching other big men trying to defend him in the post fun as he Dream Shook them out of their shoes.

ShaqAttack3234
07-10-2009, 07:45 PM

Dwight did average 4.2 blocks over the first 21 games last season before a few nagging injuries/early game exits dropped his numbers a bit. But does Dwight have the ability to score 27-28 per game, finish top 2 or 3 in scoring, average 33 points during a championship playoff run? Is Dwight Howard going to average near 4 assists per game? I don't see that offensive potential. I can see Dwight being a 23, maybe 24 ppg, 2.5, possibly 3 apg type guy in his prime, but not much better and I can never imagine having his opponents on a string in the low post the way Hakeem did.

vert48
07-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Worst thread of the week. :bowdown:

redhonda76
07-10-2009, 07:50 PM

Another noob who also has no clue about basketball. Seriously, if you have never watch Hakeem play, do us a favor and watch his game first and then comment on it. Many of posters here have watch games as far back to the 80s. Idiotic comments like this only shows how young you are and the lack of basketball knowledge you have.

CarolinaBlue704
07-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Dwight did average 4.2 blocks over the first 21 games last season before a few nagging injuries/early game exits dropped his numbers a bit. But does Dwight have the ability to score 27-28 per game, finish top 2 or 3 in scoring, average 33 points during a championship playoff run? Is Dwight Howard going to average near 4 assists per game? I don't see that offensive potential. I can see Dwight being a 23, maybe 24 ppg, 2.5, possibly 3 apg type guy in his prime, but not much better and I can never imagine having his opponents on a string in the low post the way Hakeem did.

not to mention Olajuwon averaged over 2.0spg for a whole season on five different occasions.

LutherHeadJob
07-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Guys, we are forgetting Dwight can dunk and dance, he is therefore better.

hayden695
07-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Guys, we are forgetting Dwight can dunk and dance, he is therefore better.
oh yes and where capes.

And you may think hakeem is the better defender but Dwight can steal better centers nicknames.

magnax1
07-10-2009, 08:14 PM
Another noob who also has no clue about basketball. Seriously, if you have never watch Hakeem play, do us a favor and watch his game first and then comment on it. Many of posters here have watch games as far back to the 80s. Idiotic comments like this only shows how young you are and the lack of basketball knowledge you have.
Lol, I've watched hakeem a ton dipsh*t and not just on NBA classic or wutever its called. Hakeem was athletic but not as much as dwight, dwight isn't as fast but he can jump higher and is probably a little stronger. Dwight has a really huge upside if he gets a better post game.

momo
07-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Hakeem will be too old to play much at all 10 years from now.

noob cake
07-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Lol, I've watched hakeem a ton dipsh*t and not just on NBA classic or wutever its called. Hakeem was athletic but not as much as dwight, dwight isn't as fast but he can jump higher and is probably a little stronger. Dwight has a really huge upside if he gets a better post game.

So how long will it take Dwight to reach Shaq level post play? How about Yao? There is no way that he will ever reach Hakeem level post game.

Scoring: Hakeem > Dwight
Rebounding: Hakeem > Dwight (Sure Dwight has "bigger" numbers but who does he rebound against in the league?)
Blocking: Hakeem > Dwight
Assisting: Hakeem > Dwight
Stealing: Hakeem > Dwight
Leadership: Hakeem > Dwight

magnax1
07-10-2009, 08:26 PM
So how long will it take Dwight to reach Shaq level post play? How about Yao? There is no way that he will ever reach Hakeem level post game.

Scoring: Hakeem > Dwight
Rebounding: Hakeem > Dwight (Sure Dwight has "bigger" numbers but who does he rebound against in the league?)
Blocking: Hakeem > Dwight
Assisting: Hakeem > Dwight
Stealing: Hakeem > Dwight
Leadership: Hakeem > Dwight
Dwight easily outrebounds hakeem. Hakeems peak rebounding was when the league was at a much much higher pace.
I'd go Prime dwight, if he reaches his max potential (not saying he will but if he does)
Scoring:Dwight>hakeem
ReboundingDwight>hakeem (he already outrebounds him)
Blocking: Dwight>hakeem
everything else goes to hakeem though. People forget that David robinson had a better prime then hakeem, and was just as good as him at one point. I really don't see why people have such a love for hakeem on here, hes a top five all time center, but people over rate him.

Anaximandro1
07-10-2009, 08:38 PM
:oldlol: :roll:

Rekindled
07-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Dwight easily outrebounds hakeem. Hakeems peak rebounding was when the league was at a much much higher pace.
I'd go Prime dwight, if he reaches his max potential (not saying he will but if he does)
everything else goes to hakeem though. People forget that David robinson had a better prime then hakeem, and was just as good as him at one point. I really don't see why people have such a love for hakeem on here, hes a top five all time center, but people over rate him.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :wtf: :banghead: :banghead:

hayden695
07-10-2009, 08:42 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

There is not a fail pic in the world that can describe this post you just made.

i cant even argue with you, your so god damn retarded

magnax1
07-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Lol, wut is with you people are you angered by me saying Dwight has as good upside, Robinson was as good as hakeem at one point, or a mixture of both?

redhonda76
07-10-2009, 08:45 PM

We have a winner. You have won the award for "The Most Idiotic Comment of the Year"

Killbot
07-10-2009, 08:45 PM
:roll: :roll:

hayden695
07-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Lol, wut is with you people are you angered by me saying Dwight has as good upside, Robinson was as good as hakeem at one point, or a mixture of both?
K there is nothing wrong with saying he has upside, but saying he is going to be better than Hakeem, one of the greatest bigmen in NBA history, is phucking stupid.

God for once i wish RocketGreatness was here to bash Dwight and this kid so i wouldnt have to type so much.

magnax1
07-10-2009, 08:47 PM
We have a winner. You have won the award for "The Most Idiotic Comment of the Year"
Lol its true, What idiotic about it? Robinson best year was better than Hakeems, best. He wasn't as clutch, but just because hakeem killed him in one series, people think hes a better player. Which is idiotic:ohwell:

magnax1
07-10-2009, 08:48 PM
K there is nothing wrong with saying he has upside, but saying he is going to be better than Hakeem, one of the greatest bigmen in NBA history, is phucking stupid.

God for once i wish RocketGreatness was here to bash Dwight and this kid so i wouldnt have to type so much.
I never said he was going to be better than Hakeem.... I said he could rebound, block and score better.And i never said that he will, I said he could. I actually doubt he will. I dont think dwight will ever be as good as hakeem, especially on the defensive end.

DonDadda59
07-10-2009, 09:00 PM

Wow, it would take hours to expose all of the sheer stupidity in this post, but I'll just focus on the bolded.

Pace of Rockets during Hakeem's best rebounding season (13.4 P/G): 98.5
Pace of Rockets during Champion repeat yeasrs: 95 ('93-'94); 94.2 ('94-95)

Pace of Magic during Dwight's best rebounding season: 93.4
Pace of Magic during Championship Losing Season: 92.3

Clearly, the pace was 'much, much higher'. Take a bow :applause:

DOMINATOR
07-10-2009, 09:04 PM
wtf.
only thing dwight has a chance at being better than hakeem at is rebounding... when really dwight is the only one on the magic that knows how to rebound.
you think dwight is better at blocking? dwight blocks the ball out of bounds which just gives the possession back to the other team. hakeem kept most of his blocks or tipped it to a teammate.
dwight will never ever become the scorer hakeem was... dwight has one post move hakeem had 50. hakeem could actually hit a J/FT.

dwight is stronger than hakeem... but no way is he quicker and i'd say hakeem could jump almost as high when he was young. dwight just has longer arms.

most importantly hakeem had way more heart and determination than howard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBrEsNS9zKg - checkmate kid. (call me when dwight throws it down like 2:10)

magnax1
07-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Wow, it would take hours to expose all of the sheer stupidity in this post, but I'll just focus on the bolded.

Pace of Rockets during Hakeem's best rebounding season (13.4 P/G): 98.5
Pace of Rockets during Champion repeat yeasrs: 95 ('93-'94); 94.2 ('94-95)

Pace of Magic during Dwight's best rebounding season: 93.4
Pace of Magic during Championship Losing Season: 92.3

Clearly, the pace was 'much, much higher'. Take a bow :applause:
Well, even so. Dwight is still a better rebounder. I dont get why people are freaking out that I say dwight has good potential. Also Hakeem's best rebounding season wasn't 13.4 rebounds per game. It was 14.0 a game. I dont know where you got that stat from.

NZ33
07-10-2009, 09:11 PM
When I first saw this thread I read it as:

"Who will be a better player in 2019?"

I thought, well Hakeem will be 56 and Dwight will be 34. Still Hakeem.

When I realized that he meant who would have been better during their prime my soda came pouring out of my nose.

:wtf:
hahahaha good ****

Cant belive no ones put added this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW4uXlRGAF0

Xsatyr
07-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Well, even so. Dwight is still a better rebounder. I dont get why people are freaking out that I say dwight has good potential. Also Hakeem's best rebounding season wasn't 13.4 rebounds per game. It was 14.0 a game. I dont know where you got that stat from.
If I was religous I would pray for you...

Edit: On second thought I will give it try, I feel you need it.

LutherHeadJob
07-10-2009, 09:12 PM

A Blind Hakeem would play better in the post than Dwight.

magnax1
07-10-2009, 09:13 PM
You people aren't even reading what I said! I didn't say he is, I said he could be!

LutherHeadJob
07-10-2009, 09:14 PM
You people aren't even reading what I said! I didn't say he is, I said he could be!

And we keep telling you...HE WON'T COME CLOSE

Even if he achieves his full potential and some more.

DonDadda59
07-10-2009, 09:15 PM

You're right, my numbers got mixed up. But Hakeem was playing alongside Otis Thorpe who was a 9+ RPG guy, in Dwight's best rebounding season the second leading rebounder was Hedo at 5.7 P/G and both the Rockets and Magic played at the same basic pace. So...

And where do you get the idea Dwight has more potential? He's athletic, but that's all you can say about him. He doesn't have anywhere near the skill, quickness, agility, IQ that Hakeem had.

DOMINATOR
07-10-2009, 09:15 PM
and you could one day be of average intelligence but i wouldn't put my money on it.

magnax1
07-10-2009, 09:17 PM
And we keep telling you...HE WON'T COME CLOSE

Even if he achieves his full potential and some more.
So your saying that if he reaches his very highest potential he wont be as good as hakeem? Hes already achieved a 25 Player efficiency rating (all the stats rolled into one) compared to hakeems career high of 27. Sure hakeem is more clutch, but beyond that I doubt that dwight wont get alot better than he is now. He probably wont be quite as good as Hakeem, but he could get close.

DOMINATOR
07-10-2009, 09:23 PM
So your saying that if he reaches his very highest potential he wont be as good as hakeem? Hes already achieved a 25 Player efficiency rating (all the stats rolled into one) compared to hakeems career high of 27. Sure hakeem is more clutch, but beyond that I doubt that dwight wont get alot better than he is now. He probably wont be quite as good as Hakeem, but he could get close.
do yourself a favor and stop comparing players with stats.

magnax1
07-10-2009, 09:26 PM
do yourself a favor and stop comparing players with stats.
I'm not even answering anything other than this that you say because of all the dumb things you've said on this thread. Stats aren't everything, but its a good way to compare how good a player is on offense. I'm not saying dwight is better, but that stat can atleast show how efficient he is on offense

redhonda76
07-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Well, even so. Dwight is still a better rebounder.

Failed once again.
Hakeem played with Ralph Sampson and also Otis Thorpe, and still manage to get his rebounds. Who does Dwight has next to him? Rashard and Hedo who doesn't live in the paint. Stats are inflated, you need to understanding the game more than just reading the stats.

LutherHeadJob
07-10-2009, 09:27 PM

when 10 different people disagrees with you within 30 minutes, just stop please.

magnax1
07-10-2009, 09:32 PM
No, im not going to stop because people give one player to much credit. Dwight has the potential to be nearly as good as hakeem. Wether you think so or not, doesn't matter. He's barely scratched the surface on his game. He's averaging 20-14 when some kids are still in college. Compared to hakeem at the same age he has similar stats and isn't alot worse on the defensive end. It's possible that he could have a similar career.

LutherHeadJob
07-10-2009, 09:33 PM
No, im not going to stop because people give one player to much credit. Dwight has the potential to be nearly as good as hakeem. Wether you think so or not, doesn't matter. He's barely scratched the surface on his game. He's averaging 20-14 when some kids are still in college. Compared to hakeem at the same age he has similar stats and isn't alot worse on the defensive end. It's possible that he could have a similar career.

No he won't.

magnax1
07-10-2009, 09:35 PM
No he won't.
For the Billionth time, I never said he will, I said he has the potential too.

Xsatyr
07-10-2009, 09:37 PM
No he does not. Look kid you can't teach touch and his footwork has not improved much over the years.

LutherHeadJob
07-10-2009, 09:38 PM

Yea and for the billionth time i am telling you he doesn't.

2LeTTeRS
07-10-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm not even answering anything other than this that you say because of all the dumb things you've said on this thread. Stats aren't everything, but its a good way to compare how good a player is on offense. I'm not saying dwight is better, but that stat can atleast show how efficient he is on offense

When you watch Dwight, what is it that your seeing that makes you think he has any chance to be the offensive player that Hakeem is? His jumper is way worse as is his post game. He also doesn't have quite as good of touch around the rim as Hakeem. And this is after already playing 5 years. If he hasn't improved any of these facets of his game after this long, what makes you think he's going to magically improve to the level of Hakeem?

magnax1
07-10-2009, 09:42 PM
When you watch Dwight, what is it that your seeing that makes you think he has any chance to be the offensive player that Hakeem is? His jumper is way worse as is his post game. He also doesn't have quite as good of touch around the rim as Hakeem. And this is after already playing 5 years. If he hasn't improved any of these facets of his game after this long, what makes you think he's going to magically improve to the level of Hakeem?
I don't think he'll be as good as Hakeem, I said he could, and everyone started to freak out. Hes got nice ups, and nice strength, and Hes only as old as Hakeem was as a sophomore. And he has improved on some of that stuff, but not as much as he should have.

2LeTTeRS
07-10-2009, 09:50 PM
I don't think he'll be as good as Hakeem, I said he could, and everyone started to freak out. Hes got nice ups, and nice strength, and Hes only as old as Hakeem was as a sophomore. And he has improved on some of that stuff, but not as much as he should have.

So basically you're admitting that Hakeem is better than Dwight at every facet of the game, and he hasn't shown the type of improvement to suggest than he never will better, but because Dwight is still really young one day he might be better than Hakeem? Damn thats a week arguement.

FYI - Dwight may be the same age as Hakeem during his 2nd season, but during that season Dream made the Finals as well, so even at the same age Dwight hasn't done anything Olajuwon hadn't.

eliteballer
07-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Well...low chance Dwight gets to that level BUT. People used to say the exact same things about Shaq his first few years in the league too.."He's just a dunker" "no skill" just size and athleticsm".

magnax1
07-10-2009, 09:53 PM
So basically you're admitting that Hakeem is better than Dwight at every facet of the game, and he hasn't shown the type of improvement to suggest than he never will better, but because Dwight is still really young one day he might be better than Hakeem? Damn thats a week arguement.

FYI - Dwight may be the same age as Hakeem during his 2nd season, but during that season Dream made the Finals as well, so even at the same age Dwight hasn't done anything Olajuwon hadn't.
I said because dwight has some really great physical talent. I don't get how a player with some of the best potential in the league has the capability to be good is a weak arguement, but wutever.

dr8ked
07-10-2009, 09:59 PM
2 rings >>>> .. The dream shake >>>>>>>>>>>> anything Howard does.

inclinerator
07-10-2009, 10:00 PM
did this jizzball just said dwight howard is a better scorer than hakeem?

magnax1
07-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Read the posts above you inclinerator, thats not wut I said.

inclinerator
07-10-2009, 10:11 PM
a max potential dwight would not even sniff the scoring output of hakeem. Hakeem is one of the most efficient and skillful scorers.

unknown101
07-10-2009, 10:33 PM
considering the best part of Dwight's game is his shotblocking and hakeem is the all time leading shot blocker....

Not even close

LutherHeadJob
07-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Fine.

Von Wafer could become as good as Kobe if he reaches his potential.

magnax1
07-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Fine.

Von Wafer could become as good as Kobe if he reaches his potential.
Von wafer has never been as good as dwight, and never had the potential of dwight. Extremely dumb arguement. A closer arguement is Vince carter. He had the potential to be one of the best players in the league, and maybe one of the best ever. But he never reached the potential, because of many many reasons.

greymatter
07-10-2009, 10:57 PM
the bigger question is what make Dwight any better than Hakeem in any aspect?

Rebounding, FG%. That's about it.

noob cake
07-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Rebounding against a midget league with 2 other quality centers, Dunking FG%. That's about it.

Fixed

LutherHeadJob
07-10-2009, 11:09 PM
Von wafer has never been as good as dwight, and never had the potential of dwight. Extremely dumb arguement. A closer arguement is Vince carter. He had the potential to be one of the best players in the league, and maybe one of the best ever. But he never reached the potential, because of many many reasons.

No, your argument is extremely dumb.
Every single player has potential to be great, and most players fail because of different reasons like you said. So why do you keep arguing that Dwight could become as good as Hakeem?

What makes Von different from Dwight? Von has potential to be the best player in the league too, he is fast, agile, athletic freak, can shoot, can slash, but he won't be because he is immature, selfish, has low BBIQ.

This whole argument is stupid.

magnax1
07-10-2009, 11:14 PM
No, your argument is extremely dumb.
Every single player has potential to be great, and most players fail because of different reasons like you said. So why do you keep arguing that Dwight could become as good as Hakeem?

What makes Von different from Dwight? Von has potential to be the best player in the league too, he is fast, agile, athletic freak, can shoot, can slash, but he won't be because he is immature, selfish, has low BBIQ.

This whole argument is stupid.
WTH? You basically just said Von wafer has the capability to be the best player in the league......... and you say that me saying Dwight howard has good potential is dumb. Von wafer does not have the potential of dwight howard. I think you know that, and if not you need to watch Dwight and Wafer. Every player has potential, but most players do not have the potential to be great, mostly because of physical deficiencies compared to other great players. That is one of the most terrible arguements I've heard.

CosaNostra
07-10-2009, 11:16 PM
I hope you made this thread because you never saw Hakeem play.... Hakeem is arguably the best center ever- people talk about Wilt's athleticism at the big man position, but not sure how they forget to mention Hakeem's athleticism. It's a shame Ralph Sampson got injured- that frontcourt was as quick as most backcourts, as strong as most linebacking cores, and just plain explosive (no comparison there I could think of). Dwight's offensive ability extends to about 5 feet, not to mention he CANNOT pass out of the post worth a ****. Youtube The Dream Shake and tell me you think Dwight will EVER be able to do that... the only part of this comparison that isn't honestly embarrassing to Dream is Dwight's offensive rebounding ability, but it's not enough to make this not a stupid comparison

LutherHeadJob
07-10-2009, 11:18 PM
WTH? You basically just said Von wafer has the capability to be the best player in the league......... and you say that me saying Dwight howard has good potential is dumb. Von wafer does not have the potential of dwight howard. I think you know that, and if not you need to watch Dwight and Wafer. Every player has potential, but most players do not have the potential to be great, mostly because of physical deficiencies compared to other great players. That is one of the most terrible arguements I've heard.

Wow...You just don't get it..

Of course Wafer won't be the best player in the league, but if you are going to talk about Dwight's "potential" i will talk about Wafer's "potential".

Fine, Deandre Jordan has "Potential" to become as good a player as the admiral :lol:

magnax1
07-10-2009, 11:22 PM

Of course Wafer won't be the best player in the league, but if you are going to talk about Dwight's "potential" i will talk about Wafer's "potential".
You just dont get it. Saying Von wafer has the potential to be the best player in the league, is like saying Bruce bowen had the potential to be the best scorer in the league. There is a lot smaller gap between Dwight and Hakeem than Von and kobe or lebron. You are clearly just ignorant of how good dwight could be, especially if this is your best arguement. Just quit posting this nonsense.

LutherHeadJob
07-10-2009, 11:23 PM
You just dont get it. Saying Von wafer has the potential to be the best player in the league, is like saying Bruce bowen had the potential to be the best scorer in the league. There is a lot smaller gap between Dwight and Hakeem than Von and kobe or lebron. You are clearly just ignorant of how good dwight could be, especially if this is your best arguement. Just quit posting this nonsense.

I am not having an argument with you, i am telling you your argument about potential is stupid.

magnax1
07-10-2009, 11:25 PM
I am not having an argument with you, i am telling you your argument about potential is stupid.
And there lies the ignorance.

CosaNostra
07-10-2009, 11:30 PM

Fine, Deandre Jordan has "Potential" to become as good a player as the admiral :lol:
Dwight is already one of the best players in the NBA, is 24 and has shown improvements every year... I don't understand how he doesn't have potential. Wafer has improved, but improving from D-League to rotational player is nowhere the same as improving from star to superstar. Your comparison is a gross overgeneralization

LutherHeadJob
07-10-2009, 11:32 PM
And there lies the ignorance.

I am quite enjoying this.

Are you da blind dude? Wafer is the bomb, he can jump out of the gym, stroke the midrange and 3, penetrate, draw fouls, he average 15 points in 21 minutes when he started this season! OMG, he has the potential to score 30 points per game now with Yao and Ron out of the picture, like wow!

LutherHeadJob
07-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Dwight is already one of the best players in the NBA, is 24 and has shown improvements every year... I don't understand how he doesn't have potential. Wafer has improved, but improving from D-League to rotational player is nowhere the same as improving from star to superstar. Your comparison is a gross overgeneralization

Dude....I was kidding with the whole Von Wafer argument....

magnax1
07-10-2009, 11:35 PM
I am quite enjoying this.

Are you da blind dude? Wafer is the bomb, he can jump out of the gym, stroke the midrange and 3, penetrate, draw fouls, he average 15 points in 21 minutes when he started this season! OMG, he has the potential to score 30 points per game now with Yao and Ron out of the picture, like wow!
More ignorance and general pointless sarcasm? Do you think your actually going to prove a point through this?

CarolinaBlue704
07-10-2009, 11:35 PM

i get exactly what your saying,some people cant read between the lines.

Xsatyr
07-10-2009, 11:40 PM
i get exactly what your saying,some people cant read between the lines.

co-sign

The way the guy is reacting to that statement only makes his arguement for Dwight that more ridiculous.

CosaNostra
07-10-2009, 11:40 PM
my bad... jumped in on that one late. I do think Dwight will improve, and a lot, but he won't ever be better than Hakeem unless he develops a jump shot rather suddenly at the age of 25

magnax1
07-10-2009, 11:42 PM
co-sign

The way the guy is reacting to that statement only makes his arguement for Dwight that more ridiculous.
Yes that makes sense, when some one else tries to make a point through ignorance and sarcasm it always make the other point more ridiculous.:rolleyes:

Xsatyr
07-10-2009, 11:44 PM
my bad... jumped in on that one late. I do think Dwight will improve, and a lot, but he won't ever be better than Hakeem unless he develops a jump shot rather suddenly at the age of 25Dwight will learn touch and his footwork has not improved much over the years. His post moves are still seriously lacking. He is young but his improvement is slowing down. I don't think he is going to improve much on his offense.

lilgodfather1
07-10-2009, 11:45 PM
Hakeem. He will have a ring.

LutherHeadJob
07-10-2009, 11:45 PM
Yes that makes sense, when some one else tries to make a point through ignorance and sarcasm it always make the other point more ridiculous.:rolleyes:

Your point was incredibility ridiculous to start with.

Xsatyr
07-10-2009, 11:46 PM
No his whole point is that you can say a lot of people have potential but it really does not mean much. I can say Gerald Green had potential to be like Tmac but that obviously has not worked out. Dwight is obviously a better player than them but he has yet to show much improvement in post moves, footwork and touch which can't be taught. So obviously that potential to be anywhere near Hakeem or Shaq is not there.

Showtime
07-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Dwight Howard isn't even better than Zo, let alone Dream. GTFO

magnax1
07-10-2009, 11:50 PM
No his whole point is that you can say a lot of people have potential but it really does not mean much. I can say Gerald Green had potential to be like Tmac but that obviously has not worked out. Dwight is obviously a better player than them but he has yet to show much improvement in post moves, footwork and touch which can't be taught. So obviously that potential to be anywhere near Hakeem or Shaq is not there.
To say he hasn't improved at all, is just plain ignorant, like I said earlier. His rookie year he only got points off of oops and dunks. Last year he got most of his points off of pick and rolls, and dunks. Now he gets at least half his points from going uno on uno in the post. He isn't improving at an extreme rate, but he is improving. Once again Gerald green and TMac has never even been as close as the gap between hakeem and Dwight.... so you arguement makes no sense.

Xsatyr
07-10-2009, 11:52 PM
To say he hasn't improved at all, is just plain ignorant, like I said earlier. His rookie year he only got points off of oops and dunks. Last year he got most of his points off of pick and rolls, and dunks. Now he gets at least half his points from going uno on uno in the post. He isn't improving at an extreme rate, but he is improving. Once again Gerald green and TMac has never even been as close as the gap between hakeem and Dwight.... so you arguement makes no sense.
Show me where I said he has not improved at all.

Edit: That Gerald Green arguement is pushing something to the extreme, an intentional exaggeration to get a point through.

LutherHeadJob
07-10-2009, 11:54 PM
Show me where I said he has not improved at all.

Edit: That Gerald Green arguement is pushing something to the extreme, an intentional exaggeration to get a point through.

:roll:

magnax1
07-10-2009, 11:56 PM
You said, he has yet to show any improvement in post moves, wich is just not true. You never did say "at all" though. You think I dont know It's an exageration. Thats the exact problem with it. Its an exageration that has nothing to do with the real point.

Xsatyr
07-11-2009, 12:00 AM
You said, he has yet to show MUCH improvement in post moves, wich is just not true. You never did say "at all" though. You think I dont know It's an exageration. Thats the exact problem with it. Its an exageration that has nothing to do with the real point.

Fixed, stop reaching for things that are not there.

And there is a point to the exageration. It is showing the foundation of your argument but to an extreme. Your argument is flawed and your the only arguing your point.

ronnymac
07-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Anyone who has seen a prime olajuwon(i've been a fan since 1992) will tell you that dwight will have to do alot and i mean alot of improving to be better then olajuwon by end of hs career. this is an odd comparison since there two tottaly different players with different strength and weaknesses. better comparison would be dwight and shaq

magnax1
07-11-2009, 12:03 AM
Fixed, stop reaching for things that are not there.
Lol wutever. When he first came into the leauge He had no post game. Now he has an average post game. Thats a pretty big improvement. Go look up some vids of Dwight as a rookie, and now. Then say that he hasn't made some big improvements./

Xsatyr
07-11-2009, 12:05 AM
Lol wutever. When he first came into the leauge He had no post game. Now he has an average post game. Thats a pretty big improvement. Go look up some vids of Dwight as a rookie, and now. Then say that he hasn't made some big improvements./Yeah but he starting to slow down in growth over the past three seasons. He still does not have a go to move. He also averaged more points two seasons ago then last season. And what is going to happen to him when his athleticism starts to diminish?

magnax1
07-11-2009, 12:09 AM
Yeah but he starting to slow down in growth over the past three seasons. He still does not have a go to move. He also averaged more points two seasons ago then last season. And what is going to happen to him when his athleticism starts to diminish?
Yeah but last year, he didn't go one on one post much at all. Thats a big offensive improvement. Really, dwight actually has had the biggest offensive improvements in the last two years. By the time his athleticism diminishes he should have a good post game. Really if you're going to look at this arguement five years from now, its going to look really dumb.

CarolinaBlue704
07-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Lol wutever. When he first came into the leauge He had no post game. Now he has an average post game. Thats a pretty big improvement. Go look up some vids of Dwight as a rookie, and now. Then say that he hasn't made some big improvements./

you can keep on thinking Howard has the "potential" to have Olajuwon's speed,quickness,footwork,touch,post moves,shot blocking ability,steals ability,assists ability.cause unless Howard develops those things,he will never be as good as Olajuwon.

Howard's improvement has slowed over the last couple years.and dont tell me it hasn't.iv seen no signs that point to Howard developing all the things i mentioned above. and until Howard shows signs of MAJOR improvement,its ridiculous and pointless to even say Howard has the "potential" to the be as good as Olajuwon.

Xsatyr
07-11-2009, 12:11 AM
Yeah but last year, he didn't go one on one post much at all. Thats a big offensive improvement. Really, dwight actually has had the biggest offensive improvements in the last two years.
Wow you just keep reaching kid. His biggest improvement has been his passing out of double teams. But none of this means he has potential to be like Hakeem or anywhere near.

magnax1
07-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Wow you just keep reaching kid. His biggest improvement has been his passing out of double teams. But none of this means he has potential to be like Hakeem or anywhere near.
Really? if you think that wouldn't his assists go up or at least stay the same? Though they really went down. This just proves that you haven't watched dwight, or at least have no idea about how his skills have matured.

Xsatyr
07-11-2009, 12:24 AM
Really? if you think that wouldn't his assists go up or at least stay the same? Though they really went down. This just proves that you haven't watched dwight, or at least have no idea about how his skills have matured.There is no such thing as a hockey assist in the NBA which is what happens when you throw the ball out. The ball gets swung around which why Magic shoot the three ball. Not to mention Turk kept the ball out his hands becoming one the playmakers for the team when he got there.

hayden695
07-11-2009, 01:47 AM
I cant even read this thread, it pisses me off so much that magnax thinks dwight could be as good as Hakeem. Sure their is a chance, also a chance travis outlaw could become as good as Lebron. It isnt all about athleticism and dunks, you have to know the game fundamentally. And right now Dwight hasnt shown that near enough. Also he has very poor footwork and no touch

And you say most of his points come from backing down one on one? The only time he was effective one on one was against big Z who is a glacier like speed.

Oh and this all is coming from a huge dwight fan, but their is about as much chance of him being as good as hakeem as rudy gay being jordan.

RocketGreatness
07-11-2009, 01:48 AM
I bet if Hakeem Olajuwon laced his shoes right now he would own Dwight Howard just as bad as Yao does.

I'd take Olajuwon coming out of retirement right now over Dwight Howard and Yao Ming. This is a serious insult to Hakeem and the OP had an absolute "FAIL" of a trolling job. Hakeem Olajuwon is the most complete player to ever play the game and you compare him to Dwight Howard???? .....I have no comment left..... :rolleyes:

hayden695
07-11-2009, 01:51 AM
I bet if Hakeem Olajuwon laced his shoes right now he would own Dwight Howard just as bad as Yao does.

I'd take Olajuwon coming out of retirement right now over Dwight Howard and Yao Ming. This is a serious insult to Hakeem and the OP had an absolute "FAIL" of a trolling job. Hakeem Olajuwon is the most complete player to ever play the game and you compare him to Dwight Howard???? .....I have no comment left..... :rolleyes:
Honestly i agree with you 100%, and im not your biggest fan considering all the hate you give Bosh.

This kids idiocy is bringing foes together to bash him:lol

gaz1332000
07-11-2009, 02:01 AM
I'd take Hakeem - Dwight is too one dimensional

LutherHeadJob
07-11-2009, 02:05 AM
I know, Dwight is not even the best big man in the league and people think he could become as good as Hakeem, **** me.

TheAnchorman
07-11-2009, 02:07 AM
You never know what will happen, but I am 99% sure that Hakeem will still be the better player 10 years from now. He was posting up sick stats early in his career.

Quata
07-11-2009, 02:09 AM
And if i suddenly grow to 7'5 and keep my current speed, agility and work on my shooting ill be better than yao...

LutherHeadJob
07-11-2009, 02:12 AM
And if i suddenly grow to 7'5 and keep my current speed, agility and work on my shooting ill be better than yao...

But you already have the potential to be as good as Yao. You don't need to grow.

HeyIt'sMe
07-11-2009, 02:22 AM
Dream wasn't the Dream everyone came to know and love when he was a rookie, either. In fact, he was quite raw when he first came into the league and didn't develop that great post game until his late 20s/early 30s, so yes, Dwight still has time to work on his post game.

Also, his offense has improved vastly over the years. His first two seasons in the league, his highest point output was 29 and he couldn't even get over the 30 point hump. Since then, the past three seasons he's had numerous 30+ point games, including two 40 point games. He's absolutely improved a bunch on the offensive end. Those who didn't watch him as a rookie have no idea just how raw he was on the offensive end compared to now. Coming out of high school, he was actually a perimeter oriented big man that could handle the ball and shoot, hence the original KG comparisons. He was 6'0 and a guard until his freshman year of high school, when he sprouted to 6'4, and then 6'7 his sophomore year, until he eventually topped out at 6'10. He was never a true post player, and since he didn't go to college, never had a chance to get the one-on-one coaching he needed to develop a post game at an accelerated rate.

He's still quite raw and absolutely can continue to improve. Even if he continues to only make modest improvements year by year, most players don't peak until they are 27-30 years old, so Dwight is still a few years away from his prime. Give him time. He might not ever be Hakeem on offense, but he's going to continue to improve and get better.

sirkeelma
07-11-2009, 02:26 AM
Hakeem.. No Doubt..

brantonli
07-11-2009, 02:54 AM
Agreed.

Hakeem had better post moves as a soccer player then Dwight does nearing his prime...

Fixed.

T-bomb 25
07-11-2009, 03:06 AM
Dream wasn't the Dream everyone came to know and love when he was a rookie, either. In fact, he was quite raw when he first came into the league and didn't develop that great post game until his late 20s/early 30s, so yes, Dwight still has time to work on his post game.

Also, his offense has improved vastly over the years. His first two seasons in the league, his highest point output was 29 and he couldn't even get over the 30 point hump. Since then, the past three seasons he's had numerous 30+ point games, including two 40 point games. He's absolutely improved a bunch on the offensive end. Those who didn't watch him as a rookie have no idea just how raw he was on the offensive end compared to now. Coming out of high school, he was actually a perimeter oriented big man that could handle the ball and shoot, hence the original KG comparisons. He was 6'0 and a guard until his freshman year of high school, when he sprouted to 6'4, and then 6'7 his sophomore year, until he eventually topped out at 6'10. He was never a true post player, and since he didn't go to college, never had a chance to get the one-on-one coaching he needed to develop a post game at an accelerated rate.

He's still quite raw and absolutely can continue to improve. Even if he continues to only make modest improvements year by year, most players don't peak until they are 27-30 years old, so Dwight is still a few years away from his prime. Give him time. He might not ever be Hakeem on offense, but he's going to continue to improve and get better.Yeah ok,Hakeem had better postmoves than Howard on the boatride on his way to the states.

ShaqAttack3234
07-11-2009, 08:04 AM

Hakeem wasn't the same Hakeem offensively, but his footwork was still very good early in his career. He didn't have the same passing ability or touch on his jumper, but his jumpshot was still better than Howard's as well. of course Howard has time to improve offensively and I think he'll be socring 23-24 ppg one day, but I don't see Hakeem Olajuwon potential in Dwight.

redhonda76
07-11-2009, 08:36 AM

He's still quite raw and absolutely can continue to improve. Even if he continues to only make modest improvements year by year, most players don't peak until they are 27-30 years old, so Dwight is still a few years away from his prime. Give him time. He might not ever be Hakeem on offense, but he's going to continue to improve and get better.

Of course rookie Hakeem didn't the same offensive arsenal as the prime Hakeem, just like Jordan never had the fade away in his rookie year. However the rookie Hakeem already had the footwork, jumpshot, and court awareness so all he had to do is the expand his arsenal and perfect it. Dwight doesn't have the footworks nor even have a shooter's touch, that's why his hook shot are pretty ugly and often bricks it.
Even though Dwight have time to develop, he just don't have the foundation to reach Hakeem's level. Not only that, Hakeem was that good because he played against in the era of the best men ( Ewing, Robinson, Kareem, Moses Malone, Daughtery, Zo, Shaq, Deke ) while Dwight went against Yao, Perkins, old Shaq. To become the best, you have to play against the best.

visirale
07-11-2009, 08:38 AM
Hakeem is the better player.

Dwight will have more success within his Era.

LutherHeadJob
07-11-2009, 08:41 AM

Agree, because Hakeem is not going to ****ing come out of retirement.

****ing Dwight trolls.

2LeTTeRS
07-11-2009, 12:15 PM

Dwight definitely has the talent beside him to be successful, but I'm not sure he wins more than 2 titles.

Roundball_Rock
07-11-2009, 04:08 PM
What was Dwight better at? Rebounding? No, not even that. Dwight has led the league twice with 14.2 and 13.8 per game. Hakeem led the league back to back years as well with 13.5 and 14.0 rebounds per game. However Hakeem also had to carry a heavier load offensively average 24.3 and 24.8 points those seasons while Dwight averaged just 20.6 and 20.7 ppg. Plus Hakeem played next to Otis Thorpe who was good for 9-10 rpg himself while Dwight played next to Rashard Lewis good for just 5-6 rebounds.

Was Dwight better defensively? Not even close. Can you pciture Dwight holding Patrick Ewing to 36% shooting and forcing him to take 23 shots per game while scoring just 19 ppg in the NBA Finals? Neither can I, but Hakeem did it. Can you picture Dwight outscoring prime David Robinson by 11.5 ppg while also doubling up his assist and block totals, outrebounding him and shooting 11% better from the floor in the Western Conference Finals? Neither can I, but Hakeem did that too. Robinson actually was pretty much a taller left handed Dwight Howard with a better shooting, better passing skills and even better defensively ability. So in short David was a superior Dwight Howard and Hakeem humiliated him on the biggest stage.

In case you forgot about Hakeem's accomplishments, check out these seasons.

1988-1989 24.8 ppg, 13.5 rpg, 3.4 bpg, 2.6 spg
1989-1990 24.3 ppg, 14.0 rpg, 2.9 apg, 4.6 bpg, 2.1 spg

1992-1993 26.1 ppg, 13.0 rpg, 3.5 apg, 4.2 bpg, 1.8 spg, 52.9 FG%. Hakeem led a team with the second scorer being Vernon Maxwell(13.8 ppg) to 55 wins and he was robbed of MVP. They advanced to the second round and took a great Sonics team to 7 games.

1993-1994 27.3 ppg, 11.9 rpg, 3.6 apg, 3.7 bpg, 1.6 spg, 52.8 FG%. Hakeem took that same supporting cast from the previous to 58 wins and a championship while winning finals MVP, MVP and defensive player of the year. As I mentioned he shut down Patrick Ewing in the finals, holding him to an embarrassing 36% shooting and outscoring him by 8 ppg.

1994-1995 27.8 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 3.5 apg, 3.4 bpg, 1.8 spg. Hakeem led the Rockets to another championship despite being the 6th seed. Dream averaged 33 points and 4.5 assists on 53.1% shooting in the playoffs and outplayed both Shaq and David Robinson. Robinson was the league MVP that year.

In fact look at Hakeem and David head to head in the 1995 Western Conference Finals.

Hakeem Olajuwon- 35.3 ppg, 12.5 rpg, 5.0 apg, 4.2 to, 4.1 bpg, 1.3 spg, 56.0 FG%
David Robinson- 23.8 ppg, 11.3 rpg, 2.7 apg, 4.5 to, 2.2 bpg, 1.5 spg, 44.7 FG%

Hakeem was just too good. Great defender in all aspects with no weakness on that end of the floor. He became a very solid passer later in his career, he could shoot well out to about 18 feet consistently, he could make tough off balance shots and most importantly his low post moves were second to none. his spins and fakes were so good it was impossible to predict which way he was going to turn. His favorite move was his fadeaway which was near unstoppable, but he had a reliable jumphook, a couple of variations of the famous dreamshake and an up and under with about a billion countermoves.

We will never see another Hakeem Olajuwon. Dwight's instincts just aren't as good as Hakeem's. I doubt Dwight will be as good as David Robinson or Patrick Ewing and this is coming from a big Dwight Howard fan. Only someone who never saw Hakeem play would even ask this question.

This should have ended the thread. :applause: